[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you consider people shills if they do it for free? >>>/v/338129039
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: tracer_by_magicstraw-d87k243.jpg (95 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
tracer_by_magicstraw-d87k243.jpg
95 KB, 894x894
Do you consider people shills if they do it for free?
>>>/v/338129039
>>>/v/338129170
>>>/v/338127553
>>>/v/338105103
>>>/v/338129314
>>>/v/338110074
>>>/v/338120838
>>>/v/338111045
>>>/v/338128251

bonus semi-related
>>>/v/338129204
>>
>person likes the game and posts about it
>"shill"

It's a fucking Blizzard game. They regularly sell billions of copies. Why the fuck would they need shills? People are talking about it because every single Blizzard game always gets tons of attention.
>>
No, people talking about a game you don't like is not shilling. Stop being such a narcissistic fuck, /v/ was never made to cater to your tastes only.

Whiny faggots like you is why mods will never take actual viral marketing seriously.
>>
>>535235
>>535234
learn to contain yourselves. It's not that hard to search in the catalog for a thread and there is also /vg/. When should there ever be 9-10 threads of a single game that's not even out? It isn't even launch week.
>>
>>535219
Are you slow?
V is a known shill central.
>>
>>535240
Oh shit 9 threads? They are everywhere! I can't believe those 141 other threads have been outnumbered!

If the existence of threads you don't like is such a problem for you, you have filters and manually hiding threads (hint: shift+click) at your disposal. No threads about things you want to talk about at all in the catalog? Make one yourself!
>>
>>535244
Usually at times like this a mini general is formed when a game has spent much hype it spills into way to much threads.
>>
>>535240
>It's not that hard to search in the catalog for a thread and there is also /vg/
Maybe you should contain yourself into /vg/, you cancerous fuck. There is nothing wrong with 10 threads for the same topic. Do you even understand how 4chan works, you cancerous generalfag fuck?
>>
>>535248
hi /mlp/
>>
>>535249
Not an argument.
>>
>>535245
Then don't read/hide/report those posts. There's plenty of shit on several boards that bothers me, but instead of going full spergmode about it I just ignore it and deal with it using the tools at my disposal.

Until you get a 2011 MLP-tier development in spilling over onto unrelated threads you have absolutely nothing to complain about.
>>
>>535219
T H I C K

H

I

C

K
>>
>>535219
the fact that picture exists should put you off buying a blizzard game
>>
>>535374
>the fanbase should put you off playing a game

Fuck off Undertale hater.
>>
>>535380
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>535240
>you should create a general
Nah man, go fuck yourself. If there are 9-10 threads up and anons are using them for discussion, well, fucking welcome to 4chan.
>>
>>535392
Not an argument
>>
File: 1418856975304.png (140 KB, 376x376) Image search: [Google]
1418856975304.png
140 KB, 376x376
It's a well known fact that /v/ is a marketing haven.

Between D44m and overshit, you can't deny this fact.

People like to pretend this site is their secret club when in reality, it's gotten way too popular for its own good.
>>
>>536748
/co/ has become the same way too sadly.

mostly only CN though, which is why a crock of shit like SU is so popular over there. i looked in a few threads and saw a few of the same exact posts made within seconds of each other, i think they have literal bots in the threads to make them go faster.

anything aiming at the young adult/college student age group is going to get huge amount of viral marketing and shills, game publishers and broadcasting companies have long since wised up to the internet and memes and see this site and tumblr as ground zero for setting trends among young adults. the mods dont give a shit because it brings hits from no-adblock browsers and thus revenue.
>>
>>536748
This is confirmed back. I remember back a year or two again someone who used to work for EA came on /v/ and admitted he and several other people were getting paid to actually shill their game on places like 4chan.

Yes, people legit get paid to do this.
>>
>>536925
Where can I get a job as a video game shill? I can't expect trump shilling to pay my bills after the election season
>>
>>536770
Youre fucking retarded. Like, legitimately defective.
>>
Link more Overwatch threads you want deleted so I can go to them and just post in them.
>>
>>535219
Unf... UNF
>>
>>535219
/v/ is fucking worthless
this has been going on for a few months and it's getting worse and worse
mods/janitors are clearly okay with it or they would have stopped it with fallout 4
or mgsv
or undertale
or battleborn
or dark souls 3
I have described over 90% of the threads made in the last year with this entire list
and they actually have the audacity to ask for a shill word filter
>>
File: photo.jpg (96 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
96 KB, 900x900
>/v/tards actually believe that their shithole is important enough to be a target to marketers
>>
>>537385
I still have no fucking clue what Battleborn is. You know why? Because I don't care about it so I don't go to any threads about it. Stop going to threads for games you don't care about.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.