[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: tumblr_mbl2ckBrrp1r3axrq.png (269 KB, 337x510) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbl2ckBrrp1r3axrq.png
269 KB, 337x510
Other one is autosagging

CoF thread >>8943438
Online comms >>8898148
Local comms >>8943839
Coord help >>8936569
Draw thread >>8945175
BST thread >>8940504
Taobao >>8935588
Aliexpress >>8897809
ebay >>8926310
Bodyline >>8921303
Mail thread >>8934331
Dream dresses >>8898845
>>
File: DSC08643.jpg (3 MB, 2304x3072) Image search: [Google]
DSC08643.jpg
3 MB, 2304x3072
I got a problem gulls, i just got my Jewelry Jelly OP but the sleeves are so large? They litteraly fall on my shoulders.
What do i do?

pic related
>>
File: DSC08642.jpg (322 KB, 941x1088) Image search: [Google]
DSC08642.jpg
322 KB, 941x1088
>>
>>8950433
Maybe you can tighten the elastic (either yourself or get a tailor's help)?
>>
>>8950429
love the OP picture anon, you just gave me so many nostalgia feels
>>
>>8950445
It was the first lolita image i've ever seen so it holds good memories to me. Glad you like it as well anon.

>>8950444
Yes i should probably do that? i don't know if the seller had big shoulders or if i'm on the small side?
>tfw have to ask my grandma to see if she can
>tfw have to wear it in front of her and get her comments "but really you should grow up"
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460037844612.jpg (71 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460037844612.jpg
71 KB, 960x717
Getting really tired of seeing all the mediocre holy lantern coords. I know there is much more to come.
>>
>>8950462
>why are four of them wearing the same lousy hat

My JSK and socks have shipped out but none of the matching accessories I've ordered are ready yet... I promise I won't let you down sempai
>>
>>8950462
the first two (with the red and black JSK) on the back row actually have OK coords. I kinda like it. Especially the choice of blouse for the one in black
>>
>>8950433
>>8950444
Yep it looks like the elastic has gone/needs replacing. I had the same problem with this dress
>>
>>8950490
Aw fuck. Welp, thank you for telling me, i was suspecting it but i wasn't sure.
>>
>>8950462
>mediocre
If your coord isn't absolutely stunning you shouldn't even wear it.
>>8950433
I had the same dress, and those were elastic. It looks like the old owner stretched them out.
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>8950364
I own some older AatP prints as well, and I always found the quality to be so-so (Looking at you Treasure Hunt), but the designs were stunning. I always looked forward to Halloween prints and their summer nautical prints. But I agree that the design quality has tanked. The problem is that IIRC the original designers that made the most iconic pieces for the brand left ages ago. Gradually the prints became more clipart-y, less detailed, and sweeter. The brand identity really has been watered down. Baby has developed into a very opulent classic-sweet (but still distinct) style, while the formerly goth-meets-classic-meets-the-ocean AatP has just... lost its way.

My dream prints are almost all AatP, but damn they've fallen hard. I can't believe they're the same brand that made pic related.
>>
>>8950433
Ugh stupid people storing everything on shirt hangers. If you get it fixed, be sure to store anything with elastic straps folded over a pants hanger.
>>
>>8950462
>I don't have any other lolita items but I have muh spoopy AP main piece so it's OK
>>
I didn't find anything in the archives, unless I either glanced over it or fucked up my search.

But how long does it usually take for Antique Beast to ship out their items after you paid them?
>>
>>8950520
Imo Aatp peaked in 2009-2010 with prints like Vampire Requiem, Masquerade Theater, Midsummer nights dream, Stained Glass, Queen's Coach. Every single print fitted their more dark gothic-classic aesthetic.

In 2011 End of immortal eden already marked the downfall of Aatp. I remember when it came out, people called it ugly and cliparty and that the print fitted Btssb aesthetic more than Aatp.. They still released some nice stuff in 2011-2012 but you could already see the change in their direction and that they were running out of ideas (thus trying out new things). In 2013 the brand lost its appeal completely to me, it just doesn't look like the Aatp that I ued to love anymore.
>>
>>8950556
I feel exactly the same anon.
>>
>>8950556
Yeah, that was their peak (MT has been my dream dress since it came out), although I'll point out that Stained Glass is a rerelease of a Baby print. I tend to consider 2009-2011ish as the golden years personally, with a couple later prints being a nice throwback and some earlier stuff being lovely.

I actually didn't know about the reception to Eden when it came out, but to me it has something very AatP to it. And honestly if Eden is clipart-y I don't know what some recent prints would be. I agree though, they lost their appeal somewhere. And the prints from that era are so expensive now.
>>
>>8950568
Eden only gained its iconic staus later after some worn pics emerged. Some colourways didn't even sell out in reservation and compared to today, you could find it for cheap second hand within the year of its release. The reservation of VR and Midsummer were much more of a bloodbath (prints which lost their iconic status a long time ago).
>>
>>8950462
>people shouldn't wear things if the outfit isn't original
fuck off it's clothes
>>
>>8950556
Blame the rise of classic suddenly. AatP always was darker than Baby and now it's all just a classic and sweet-classic blur. I think it's funny how we both agree how Eden was the beginning of the end for the brand. Something about the print just seemed off and it's been stumbling since trying to find itself. I see glimmers of old AatP, like with the Les Miserables print, but then they just do things like the odd muddy colored sailor print and it dashes my hope.

It's a real shame since I saw AatP as the last standing Japanese gothic themed brand that gave regular, unique prints. If I wanted classic, I'd go literally anywhere else.
>>
>>8950556
>>8950520

I agree with you there. Vampire Requiem and Masquerade Theatre were my absolute favourite prints, and still are. Controversial as it is, I do love Vampire Forest as well, because the illustrations are so beautiful in person, and they hold to the feel of the illustrations for VR and MT. Afer that period, they just went rather... meh. Even Vampire Prelude didn't win me over. The gothic vampire prince aesthetic for their more aristo-able stuf seems to have vanished, replaced by the cutesy little boy end of ouji look, which is not the end of boystyle that I like. I hate those knickerbocker pants with the bunny tails on and the hats with fluffy maxipad-like rabbit ears on. Vampire Nocturne's print was interesting in concept, but I disliked the excution, and the cut of the dresses. They've lost the 'Pirates' part of their name, I feel. As my style is gothic-classic when I do wear lolita, it's ended up with me losing interest in prints completely.
>>
>>8950462
I like these basic coords much better than OTT coords
>>
>>8950520
Do you know where the designers went? Am always looking for new japanese indie brands
>>
>>8950602

I agree with you. The one thing about teh Les Mes print is that it's got a touch of the old AatP about it. Ragnarok was a bit the same in terms of the print, but the cuts were too classic-sweet for the most part.
>>
>>8950433
I just sold a Jewelry Jelly OP like this recently and it came to me with the top of the shirring stretched out. I think the previous owner let it sit on a hanger and the weight of the dress stretched it out. You will need to replace the top of the shirring with elastic. Also, store it folded in half on a hanger to prevent it from stretching more.
>>
>>8950626
If this anon is still around,
Do you have an email I can reach you at?
>>
>>8950668

You can reach me at
[email protected]
>>
Anyone heard anything from the mod that was collecting proof against Choke?

I wanna know how it's progressing
>>
>>8950733
Seconding this. I'd hate for the Lockshop momentum to die off.
>>
>>8950621
Ok thank you for the advice anon.
But this print is so nice i was so excited i posted it on both fb and instagram. I am so obnoxious haha.
>>
>>8950534
it depends on what you ordered but both times I ordered from them it took roughly 1 month exactly between payment and the time I got a shipping notification. First time was two bat headdresses, another time was a capelet and a collar/headdress. If you ordered clothing I'm not sure if it takes the same amount of time or slightly longer, but since they're closed for like 3 months at a time I would say depending on what you ordered and how many, it could take anywhere between 1 month and 3.
>>
>>8950733
I'm here (and I'm not a mod), the mods/jans seem to not like me posting about this here so I'm planning to move all of this talk to other sites. still haven't gotten to making a tumblr either - tumblr/other socials will hopefully happen this weekend. sorry I've been quiet, all sorts of shit has been coming up with my life.

please please please send me more material, I've capped everything I've seen on here and facebook but it's really not a lot to go off of. I can't do anything if people don't send me their stories.
>>
>>8950462
In a way though I feel okay about this because I know they're wearing those dresses because they genuinely like the print and had an equal opportunity to get it, not because it's a contest about who can be ~*~FIRST~*~ or be most OTT.
>>
>>8950805
I'm guessing archives have been combed a few times over right?
I remember when lockshop was first letting orders slip, a couple years ago? There's been a pretty steady flux of horror stories.
>>
>>8950810
Diff anon but I remember the first major issue beginning with those tights orders.
People back then actually whiteknighted the wig quality and prices, even though I provided evidence that they were really no different than GLW. Now the service is actually worse than GLW on top of the price and quality, kek.
>>
>>8950733
>>8950738
>>8950805
Someone should make a topic about this on PULL. She deserves to be among the snowflakes.

I'm avid visitor there, and it has gotten quite a bit of traffic recently. I'd make one myself but I don't have enough backstory.
>>
>>8950813
And the girls that were having problems with thier orders were still mostly hopeful.
>>
>>8950462
Please anon, flash us your revolutionary HL coord!
>>
File: VETROB123b.jpg (171 KB, 660x990) Image search: [Google]
VETROB123b.jpg
171 KB, 660x990
Would http://www.fanplusfriend.com/last-chance-gothic-lolita-omnipotent-petticoat-for-60-90-angle-cut-bottom-2colors-instant-shipping/ work well with pic related? This is my first foray into the fashion, and I want to look nice.
>>
>>8950965
don't buy that dress
>>
>>8950969
What's wrong with it? I'm not a big fan of pink, but I like the print.

I'm really new to this, and it looks beautiful to me, but I know that I'm not very good at figuring out what is fashionable in the first place.
>>
>>8950965
>shiny
>clashing colors
>exposed shoulders
>ugly, indecipherable print

Go for it, dude
>>
>>8950970
Anon you probably need to do some more research before diving into the fashion. I suggest browsing F Yeah Lolita.
>>
>>8950970
It could work but if you're new it's just a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>8950973
The shoulders aren't exposed on the models, I'm not really sure why they did that for the mannequin.

Either way, it's a bit too late for me to back out, I ordered the dress a few days back.
>>
>>8950965
Not commenting on the dress itself because other anons have done that already, but that petticoat probably only is going to work with fabrics heavy enough to flatten the tiers. Lighter fabrics might go all over the place and that dress in the picture looks really floaty.
>>
>>8950990
Thank you.

I appreciate the advice from the others about the dress, it will help inform me for future purchases, but I was mostly looking for help about the petticoat. I feel a bit silly now, buying that dress so quickly, but I love the print.
>>
>>8950994
I suggest getting a pink 3F bonnet, a decent curly/wavy wig, white lace gloves, those low heel shoes with a ribbon at the front and a pair of lace tights. I think it could make the dress work
>>
>>8950994
Post pics of dress on the models?
>>
>>8950525
>Ugh stupid people storing everything on shirt hangers

Not OP but, I literally had never thought about this. Definitely just changed how all of my dresses with elastic straps are hanging in my closet.
>>
>>8951004
Here's the blue one. It shows the neck area a bit better than the pink ones picture.

>>8951001
Thank you very much!
>>
>>8950985
>"can I buy this"
>no, it's ita
>"teehee I bought it anyway oops"

Maybe you can find a way to coord it nicely?
>>
Anyone know what happened at Ikkicon with Baby and 3F? I heard some drama about it but not the whole story.
>>
>>8951015
I wasn't asking about buying the dress, I was asking about the petticoat.

Yeah, I'm really hoping I can come up with a good coord for it.
>>
>>8951030
Oh sorry, I misread
Well anyway I think you'll have to tone the lurid pink down somewhat, or it could look gaudy. Best of luck to you anon.
I'd go with black shoes to ground it. Try a simple coord with a bonnet.
>>
>>8951001
This bonnet would look super out of place with a shitty quality dress like that one imo
>>
>>8950965
that dress is a trainwreck, jesus
>>
>>8950970
>shiny material
>mismatched pinks
>odd construction (whats with the waist?)
>pinks/purples too bright
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Spotted this lady in a mall in Guangzhou! She was very polite and nice
There were a lot of people in jfashion in that mall and nearby mall and uniqlo, because the mall had a cat cafe
Guangzhou is pretty jfashion friendly, I saw a lot of people in nanchatte
There's a cute jfashion store called To Alice in Guangzhou if you're ever over there!
>>
I'm looking to use FromJapan for the first time. If you have a question about an item, do they ask the seller for you? Or is that not a service they provide? There was nothing in their FAQ about this.
>>
>>8951341
They can ask for you. I think you use the messenger system and they email you a reply from the seller.
>>
>>8951018
deets?
>>
>>8951367
That anon and apparently no one knew what to do during the fashion show and I believe some lolitas from...I think NOLA stepped up or something of the sort?
>>
>>8950611
One of them sometimes does prints for Axes Femme's Kawaii line iirc
>>
>>8950331
Wow Cathy Cat, really bringing the cunt today.

>>8950689
It's in a cosplay mag so they're probably trying to appear to that group with the more dynamic posing.

>>8951186
Have never ever heard anything like this, ever. In fact it seems he tries to avoid foreign fans as much as possible. Have you not seen him at events?
>>
>>8950965
Please do wear that in public where people could see you.
>>
>>8951333
What's the name of this dress? I really like it!
>>
>>8951757
It's from ToAlice, Celeste Snow White OP
>>
Does IW tend to do special sales around Golden Week on their online store?
>>
>>8950462
Ah, the OP looks so good. I can't even see anything else she's wearing and her hair is clearly not rori but it's so much cuter than the other cuts. Aside from her I think the girl in pink behind her is the cutest if she fixed her hat. The blouse and tights work well with it.
>>
>>8951809
Thank you!
>>
This sounds so stupid, but can someone please tell me how to pronounce "otome"?
>>
>>8951835
O-do-mæ
>>
>>8951333
>Guangzhou is pretty jfashion friendly, I saw a lot of people in nanchatte

are you sure it wasn't just people walking around in their school uniforms lmao

>>8951835
o as in orange
to as in tornado
me as in meh
>>
>>8951847
me as in May
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 904x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 904x679
>>8951847
Nah, school uniforms in China are generally a sweatpants+jacket combo, usually in a gaudy color suck as bright Aqua.
>>
>>8951847
>me as in meh
>me as in may
That's the same sound
>>
Very noob question here.
I saw a dress I really liked on loli loli paradise and they seem to have ton of good reviews, but how is their quality?

Is choosing a wa lolita cut for this too tacky?
>pic related
>>
>>8950965
Honestly if you think this dress looks good, it's not just a problem of you being new in the fashion but also a problem of you having no general sense of fashion and colour coordination.
I think you should look at some normie fashion mags along with researching more about lolita
>>
>>8951867
Please don't go for wa lolita if you're so new.
>>
>>8951867
LLP is a fucking reseller. They don't make the dresses. Pick something easier to coord it you don't even fucking know what Taobao is...
>>
>>8951867
wa lolita is generally frowned upon, it's hard to pull off without a good "feel" for the fashion in general; but that print is certainly unique and i understand why you like it. if you like the dress and you would regret not having it, i would say go ahead and get it while you build up confidence with more traditional coords.
>>
>>8951835
Google Translator is your friend, it can also read the words for you
>>
>>8951845
Thanks, that's what I thought it was, but I wanted to ask anons anyway because so many of you have been to/live in Japan.
>>
>>8951876
>>8951888
>>8951892
Thanks everyone, I knew they were a reseller but I couldn't find the taobao store, someone on the taobao thread was very kind and helped me out. (since I couldn't find it I thought maybe they also made dresses)

I actually have some experience, I just considered it a noob question because this page seems to be very known yet I never ordered from them or saw it before.

Anyways, thank you very much!
>>
>>8951858
No>>8951858
>>
>>8950805
Did you see the recent comment on their latest post? Another person with an order from Janaury saying they haven't gotten responses from customer service. I meant to screencap it but forgot. They deleted it now.

When you make the Tumblr, please tag lockshop so others can find you, in case you can't advertise it here.
>>
>>8950810
I haven't gone specifically through archives but definitely should namesearch for her, thanks. didn't think of it.

>>8950815
I was planning to move most of the info onto the farm, there's a thread about her already on snow I believe. haven't gotten to it yet.

>>8952017
I'm not sure, I might have missed it. I try to check her page every 2 weeks or so since she usually doesn't delete shit for like a month.
>>
There's this one girl I see around my neighborhood reasonably frequently and she knows I'm a lolita because she's seen me on my way to meets and local cons. And I guess she's a lolita too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that she's ita as hell. I haven't actually seen any of her coords because she's not actually part of the local comm, but she's been painting me pictures with words and they're not pretty. How can I best gently nudge her into good taste?
>>
>>8952040
Nope, there is nothing about her on PULL, not in the snowflakes section or the online personalities one. So you should make a topic about here there
>>
>>8952069
>onto the farm

fuck pull, I'm not going that far
>>
>>8952062
Unless she specifically asks for concrit, the most you can do is share things with her - Show her your recent purchases, new releases that you liked, etc. - And hope that she catches on. Obviously, you can offer her tips and criticism but consider the possibility that she might not react well.
>>
I'm looking for poses and good cords to learn to draw from, any anon have a good source or would be willing to drop some images?
>>
I know brand cases are only really available for iphones, but had anyone seen/bought a cute case for the regular (not edge) s7?
>>
>>8952141
You could get a clear case and print out cute stuff and put it in there. I have an unpopular phone so I do this. Or you could commission someone to decorate a case for you.
>>
>>8952106
go to the draw thread and hope for the best
>>
>>8952062
>she's been painting me pictures with words and they're not pretty
This is pretty vague... mind saying what she said?
>>
>>8951858
Meh and May sound nothing alike.
>what are long and short vowel sounds
>>
>>8952090
I'm not going to give her any value judgments unless she asks me; sharing nice things sounds good though.
>>8952202
Neko ears, floor length bridal petticoats, dresses so tight fitting that they burst along the zipper. I want to help her be cute so badly.
>>
>>8952069
There's a thread about her on lolcow, but since there's more traffic on 4chan, and we're not singling anyone out (it's a business anyway) we might as well do it here
>>
After so much time (since i was 14,i am now turning 20 this year) i finally got around to begin to build a lolita wardrobe and all and i'm really happy and i still love sweet (especially old school,and ialso love gothic and classical so i'll dab a bit into everything but i bought 5 sweet pieces with three prints so far) and i just feel so unsure sometimes...Like,in a "does this really look good on me?" "should i stop?" "maybe i shouldnt have bought that print it may look too cutesy" "i should only stick to old school" "wait do i even look good in old school? Or with prints? What am i going for?" And then it just spirals into an endless despair.
I just feel unsure about everything. Anyone ever feels the same?
I posted two coords today and all my friends told me i was adorable, but i just can't stop hesitating.
Also i can't stop thinking and stressing about getting older and i just already feel so old when really,i'm not.
Might be because i lack of sleep.
>>
>>8952302
that's not what the janitors think, obviously - I've had a few posts deleted about this before so I'm going to play it safe and not bring it up much on here.
>>
>>8951867
this print looks really weeby, this is just my opinion but I don't get the point of wa lolita without actually using wa fabric. When I see things like this I can't take it seriously as wa.
>>
What's the most compelling reason for you to impulse buy something lolita related?

also, is it better to list an item with shipping or without? i have a huge backlog of sales i want to get rid of, but they just aren't moving.
>>
>>8951333
Ahh she looks really cute and i love her dress and her hair.
It makes me so happy to see lolitas out running errands
>>
What is the quality of brand tights, specifically AP? I'm always hesitant to buy tights over OTKs as I seem to rip normal tights pretty easily. It's not like my legs are too large, just through clumsiness/getting caught on things, what have you. Are they thicker or a different material than regular tights?
>>
If a dress is 89cm long, will it look like shit on a 6"/5" 11 person?
Asking for a friend
>>
>>8952485
It'll be terribly short, that's for sure. I'm 5'4" and 89-90cm long dresses are above knee length on me.
>>
>>8952303
You won't get younger so take advantage of now to wear sweet if that is what you love. If you wait, hesitate, it's just another day gone, right? Just do it. If it feels not-so-good later, stop, sell your stuff, do something else. It's a fashion, it's supposed to be fun, so let loose and have some fun.
>>
What happened to the online comm thread??? Why does it keep getting deleted
>>
>>8952507
Cause noobs don't know how to follow the rules
>>
>>8952476
Usually not and sometimes thinner.
>>
>>8952513
Last one didn't need to be deleted tho, nothing deleteable was posted.

>cgl gets the worst janitors I stg
>>
>>8950433
Ask partial refund, threaten negative feedback if this was not stated in the sale terms, have new elastic put in.
>>
>>8950462
So glad I did not get this much less pay inflated price.
>>
>>8952303
I am going through something similar. I finally have a Lolita wardrobe, but I never wear it because of comfort issues. I had no idea this would be a problem for me when I first started but all the layers are incredibly uncomfortable and restricting for me, to the point it's not fun to wear it. But like >>8952493 says I want to wear it while I can so I'm trying to make it work for me. I only wear super causal Lolita now and that has helped but sometimes it's still too much for me but I'm going to keep trying to figure things out and maybe Lolita will end up having to be a "holiday wear" sort of thing for me in the end but I'm still going to cherish my dresses while I love them and have the chance to wear them.
>>
>>8952476
I don't have any brand tights but I do have brand OTKs and I snag on those all the time. Putting on legwear is always last before shoes, so when I do catch on something, I immediately stop and get uncaught as to not ruin anything.
I just try to be extra careful with brand items.
>>
>>8950520
I do t think they have done anything really great since marionette in my closet room. Maybe a couple of decent looking print things and a couple of unique accessories but the fabric choices have gotten a lot cheaper too. And not just because chiffon got more popular.
>>
>>8952525
If you weren't used to wearing dressy clothes and coordinates with layered pieces before you got into Lolita, it can be uncomfortable at first. I grew up not allowed to wear a lot of casual, loose fitting clothes and had uniforms at school until college but I know some of my friends complained of Lolita being uncomfortable because they were just too used to loose casual clothes being so comfy. But they got used to it if they really wanted to wear it.
>>
>>8952485

Take a tape measure. Measure 89cm against them. No. A 89cm dress would be insanely short on them. I'm 5'6 and won't wear anything shorter than 92cm and even then it's a little on the short side for Lolita.
>>
>>8952535
Yeah, the dressiest clothes I'd ever worn prior to lolita were casual button up blouses and a pleated skirt. I also have health issues and don't feel well a lot of times and that makes it difficult to wear anything but casual and loose stuff. I've been trying to get used to it but so far I haven't had success. I love the fashion to much to give up on it though, and wearing casual cords does help a bit.
>>
>>8952551
They don't live near to me but the dress would have been a gift. Damn that's a shame, I know it was one of her wish list dresses as well
>>
>>8952513
It was bitching about how the last thread was deleted and there was no discussion about comms so Im not shocked its gone. OP saying "fuck the janitors" in the first post probably didn't help either.
>>
>>8952303
I feel you anon. I love my dresses, but when I actually imagine my coords or compare my pictures to other I wonder if I'm too ugly for it. And since I wear it casually I feel like I'm boring, but I could never wear OTT. But when I actually wear the dresses I feel wonderful, feeling the amazing fabric, seeing the details and twirling in frontb of my mirror. That's why I keep going.
>>
>>8952607
Lol yup typical gulls
>>
>>8951333
To Alice? As in the same to Alice as the taobao shop?
>>
>>8952080
There's already a thread about her on the farm though
>>
>>8952476
Their tights aren't that much thicker than most regular tights. I'd stick w/ OTKs unless AP tights are the only option.
>>
>>8951333
> Guangzhou
Which mall, anon? Planning on going in August, and if I can swing by To Alice that would make my day.
>>
>>8952710
Yeah, we've discussed on here before about ToAlice having a shopfront.

>>8952830
Not that anon but I looked up their shop addresses on weibo (weibo.com/bearworkshop), I can't read Chinese but it looks like it's in Dynasty Plaza [地王广场]?
>>
>>8950575
They are still iconic, especially VR. Just cheaper and easier to find (aside from lavender VR).
>>
>>8951852
No. That would make it "otomei".

>>8951858
Also no.
>>
>>8952992
おとめ the 'め' is pronounced as may/mei
>>
>>8952476

Depends on what you mean by "normal tights", actually.

I tend to rip skintone/nude tights and sheer tights fairly easily as they're actually really thin and flimsy. In comparison to that, AP tights are much thicker, I haven't ripped or snagged even one yet.

If you mean taobao printed tights as your "normal" tights, those are fairly similar to AP tights in terms of thickness and quality, so if you have a tendency to rip taobao printed tights, then yeah, you might end up ripping your AP tights.
>>
So I live in Japan and was wanting to set up a Y!JA/Mbok account for myself, and while I made the account and the like, I don't really know the in-and-out of paying, and interacting with sellers, as well as not making it obvious that I'm foreign.

Any Japan-based anons willing to help a girl out? There's enough sellers who refuse to sell to gaijin, I'd rather not make it worse.
>>
>>8953064
no matter what you'll stick out like a sore thumb

go home
>>
>>8953064
They'll know you're foreign when they see your name on the shipping address. If you don't understand how to do the payments and keigo to communicate with the sellers, don't even bother
>>
>>8953064
>>8953091
>If you don't understand how to do the payments and keigo to communicate with the sellers, don't even bother
This to be hones
>>
>>8953076
On the bottom right corner there should be two hovering pink buttons, one says "my page" the other says "cart" click the "my page" one. Took me ages to find too!
>>
>>8953091
Payments in theory are easy (furikomi aren't rocket science, nor is inputting credit card info) but YJA seems to have some sort of premium membership system for bids over a certain amount and some other hurdles that I'm not sure about. The name was the biggest issue, but I thought if SS like Chibi could function well then there was probably some way of dealing with it. YJA in particular didn't seem out of reach.

As far as keigo goes, I understand it but using it appropriately is a whole different ballgame. It's always explained piss-poorly as well because it's not only bound up in Japanese hierarchies, but also something that my old teachers never had to use much beyond set phrases.

I figured Mbok was well out of reach, but it's a bit disheartening that even YJA is too.
>>
I registered on wunderwelt and read their shopping guide thing for international shipping - but umm, what are the point things? It doesn't explain it anywhere.

And I'm assuming that I shouldn't worry about the delivery date and time thing, that's probably just for them?
>>
>>8953226
Points can be used as discounts on future purchases, 1 point=10 yen or something like that.
>>
Is Dear Celine not making petticoats anymore? I can't find any listed on their taobao shop. What other taobao brands should I invest into for a petticoat?
>>
>>8952476
That being said, what brands would you say have good quality OTKs? Maybe just Taobao as well. I feel like AP has significantly dropped in quality when it comes to socks or tights of any kind.
>>
>>8953251
Don't buy a Dear Celine petti. They look great at first, but deflate so quickly. I still recommend Classical Puppets. Mine are still nicely poofy after several wears.
>>
>>8953258
I'm tall with moderately chunky legs and IW ones have held up pretty well for me.
>>
File: 13.jpg (95 KB, 347x799) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
95 KB, 347x799
>>8952485
I took this a while ago. My bf is 5'11" and Loyal Rosette is 89cm. It's not scandalously short. Sorry for the peeking petti.
>>
>>8953227
Oh cool, thanks!
>>
>>8953268
How long ago did you get your CP though? People have been saying quality on newer ones has declined a lot these past few months and they deflate now.
>>
>>8952307
When it's unusually cheap
>>
>>8950526
Cry of 1,000 brand itas. This will/has become the new brand ita icon dress.
>>
>>8953064
Spend a lot of other of time reading introductions and terms of sales, and take note of the keigo and kenjougo being used. I think that's how I got my basic gasp of it. I've only communicated with sellers/buyers on fril and y!japan, though.
>>
It looks like the yen to usd rate is slowly creeping back up... I spent so much money these past few months on Japanese auction, in part because of the exchange rate, so if the rate is going back up I'm sure my bank account will be glad for the break, haha.

The other day when I checked it was 1 yen = 0.0090 USD, now it's 0.0093
>>
>>8953298
I am waiting for it honestly. Why is it that the recent popular to the point of becoming ita magnets and boredom have been more "gothicy" pieces? Nameless Poem is my other prime example. The inori dress might end up the same too though

Also where are the secrets?
>>
>>8953298
This is exactly why I decided to not get it. If everyone has it, it just loses it's uniquness. Why can't brand itas just buy weird sale pieces? It's not like HL was cheap either.
>>
How do you find the confidence to make your first coord? I've lurked plenty and feel reasonably sure that I can avoid being an ita, but I don't know for sure and am afraid I'll mess it up.
>>
>>8953357
There's always the coord help thread, if you feel unsure.
>>
>>8953357
Don't worry so much about making mistakes. I understand that you want your first coord to be good and being called ita isn't fun but you should never look at mistakes as a sign that you should stop, rather aim to learn from them and improve. And like >>8953359 said, you can always post in the coord help thread if you want some guidance.
>>
>>8953357
You should never go into something with this kind of mindset that you're gonna get it right the first time. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>8952997
You obviously have never taken even 1 Japanese class.
>>
>>8953418
You don't know even your basic ま み む め も??
乙女
おとめ
お - oh
と - toe
め - may/mei
may and mei sound exactly the same, just some people write the sound differently
>>
>>8953291
Oh great! Thank you
>>
>>8953064
Actually now y!a has changed to a completely automatic system where you click on everything and it auto enters text for you. As long as you can read well enough (or can get by with a little translation help) it'll be fine. Of course if something goes awry youll still need to message them yourself.
>>
File: tumblr_o4ov8udFcN1u4nbmvo1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ov8udFcN1u4nbmvo1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>8953425
9/10 I almost responded
>>
>>8953425
め is meh not mei...mei=mehee
>>
>>8953294
One is about a year old and has been worn few like 4 times and one is 3 years old and has been worn way more often and both still hold up well. Of course they deflated a little, but not much.
>>
>>8953440
No
>>
>>8953448

Yes.
>>
>>8953435
>>8053450
You must also be those who think loli is "lolly"
>>
>>8953268
My DC frothy petti deflated very fast as well.
When I use it, I need to wear at least 1 other petti on top of it.
>>
>>8952710
Yea, they have a store near the Tianhe road subway station. very cute, big selection
>>
>>8952830
see
>>8953473
there's a HUGE underground mall connected to the station, you have to walk past the station shops towards the mall and you'll see it! pretty hard to miss since the pink stands out
hope you have good time! I love going to china!
also it's worth checking out a cat cafe or two while you're in guangzhou, since there are quite a few
>>
>>8951853
>>8951847
can confirm, even the best schools' uniforms are pretty much track suits.
>>
>>8953425
Just no.

Anon, you don't know what you're talking about. Speaking as someone who lives in Japan, you're just wrong.

め is pronounced with as shortened sound. "Meh" would be the most appropriate way to spell it. "May" is, in fact, closer to the pronunciation of めい.

Seriously your argument is like saying it's okay to pronounce おかさん as okaasan. That's not how it works.
>>
>>8953504
Oh-to-meh? Lel you've got to be kidding me. E has long a-sound in a Japanese pronunciation
>>
>>8953535
Are you thinking of い?
a -ah
I - ee
u - ew
e- eh
o - oh
the only lone sound is I, but any sound can be made long with ー。 ie. party -> パーティー.
>>
>>8953535
Different anon here. You're wrong. As a single vowel え can be pronounced in a drawn out fashion. It all depends on situation. Previous anon is correct, you'd never pronounce め as in 目 like "may". It's "meh", with a short vowel. おとめ is pronounced o-toh-meh, with short vowels.
>>
>>8953535
Stop, just stop, youre so wrong.

Im still learning japanese and I know youre wrong.
>>
Oh my god stop being fucking autists.
>>
>>8953504
Meet me in front of Alta at 3pm, I'll fight you
>>
>>8953538
Even then, that's eii (since it's coupled with the small i)
>>
Can we please stop now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSby8YQiX28
>>
>>8953306
To clarify the exchange rate is 110 Yen to 1 USD. It used to be 125 to 1 USD several months ago. It's due to the BOJ instituting negative interest rates.

I don't think BOJ wants to go below 100 because they want to pump up the economy. Expect it to be devalued if it goes below 100.
>>
>>8953306
Anon, you're so lucky.
>Australian
>bad rates everywhere

honestly, the exchange rate is so bad that, plus shipping, we're probably paying fifty cents on the dollar. It makes shopping so hard, and I really want chess emblem.
>>
So I kinda always thought that shirring was meant to cinch where it could, and expand where it could. I have one of baby/aatp's half-shirred pieces and, now that I've lost weight in my bust, just find that it's almost too... big?

It fits my bust, but my waist looks really wrinky no matter how I wear my pettis. I really want to purchase more burando, but it's such an awkward fit, I don't know how.

I'm also considering having Gardenberries altered because it was the dress (the print that was like 2010) that got me super into lolita, altered. It's far too long on my itty bitty frame and someone in the cof thread thought that another short, plump girl was squatting or something because of the length. I would like to make it about four-five inches shorter and add a lace underskirt to give it trim, though I do worry about what will happen if I ever resale...

Either way, am I odd that my bust and waist aren't flattered by baby/aatp's sizes? I don't think there's that much difference, maybe 15cms max? but it still wrinkles. And do you think altering a dress to make it shorter is okay (I only want it knee length, it falls well below my kneecap)
>>
>>8953661
Below the kneecap is fine. Different brands suit different figures, and have different proportions. It might even be just down to the cut of the dress you have.
>>
>>8953307
Secrets are up now.

Secrets!
>>
>>8953661
It is likely the cut that is the issue, and shirring isnt meant to be flattering just make it easy for many people to fit into it. It may be that your bust is too small for the dress now. This is why most shirring is in the back where it doesnt matter, and shirring in the front has fallen out of favour.

Get the dress altered if you want to, dont let resell price stop you from being happy.
>>
File: 1460169138747.jpg (68 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1460169138747.jpg
68 KB, 500x750
Has anyone handwashed their Holy Lantern? I have the zipper jsk.

The nearest dry cleaner isn't very good, so either way it's a bit of a risk.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 340x255
so I bought my first skirt after years of avoiding them and only going with OPs or JSKs

what's a good petticoat for pic related and skirts of this sort? all the ones I own are too long
>>
>>8953884
>all the ones I own are too long
Have you considered buying a shorter petticoat?
>>
>>8953888
I literally just asked what is a good one to buy, get the sand out of your vagina
>>
>>8953775
I'm not an expert on this, but seeing as you can machine wash chiffon prints, I think you'll be able to hand-wash holy lantern in warm water considering the flocky.
Don't take my word for it though because I'm an idiot.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-09-23-45-30.png (272 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-09-23-45-30.png
272 KB, 480x800
What dress is this on the far right? I can't remember seeing it anywhere...I am sure it's from brand.
>>
>>8954018
looks like someone made a shit copy of polka dot chocolate
>>
>>8950598
underrated response
>>
>>8953775
As soon as I got my zipper jsk I got a stain on it. I put enough detergent on it to get it a liiiiittle wet in that spot, waited a few hours, and rinsed it. It looks fine. I'm not sure about the cross spots though :/
>>
>>8950602
yeah waiting for sailor prints all year and they give us this? it's etsy level crap.
>>
>>8954018

is that some linetrap cosplay on the left?
>>
>>8953884
I use the leg avenue one on Amazon for my AP HL skirt. It's low poof and short enough.
>>
>>8954031
It was before polka dot chocolate existed
>>
Are magic tea party blouses generously sized, or a bit small?
>>
File: dress.jpg (103 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
103 KB, 426x640
I'm not sure if this should be in a dumb questions thread but I don't see one.

Anyone know where I can find a low-poof petticoat for wearing under dresses like pic related?

I think this kind of dress looks best with a low/subtle level of poof but nothing I have really works.

I tried the daily a-line from classical puppets but its still too poofy and an old deflated ITS petticoat and it just looked bad.

Sometimes I see worn pictures with the level of poof I want but idk what kind of petticoat they use.
>>
>>8954079
yeah I'm just saying that's what it looks like
>>
>>8954120
I always just use a leg avenue petti for when I want low poof.
>>
>>8954120
Bodyline.
>>
>>8954118
Mine ran a bit small, but then again I have broad shoulders
>>
is Innocent World not doing their Oddments packs this year/season? going by past years, it seems like this was around the time they'd normally go up, but i haven't seen anything about this year's. i was really looking forward to them...
>>
>>8954205
last time they put it out they said it would be the last one for a while, i'm guessing they managed to get rid of enough back stock and don't need to do them as much for a bit?
>>
>>8953258
I've found Meta and IW to be consistently good and I'm a fatty-chan.
>>
>>8953675
Below the kneecap is very unflattering. I have relatively large calf muscles on top of being on the larger side. It makes me look fatter and shorter, in my opinion.

I think I'll get gardenberries altered, but not the aatp dress since I don't hate it, but I also don't love it.

>>8953729
It's nothing to do with the shirring stretching, I've only tried on the dress twice (once when I got it a year ago, and again now that I've dropped some inches) and haven't worn it at all. It's been hanging on a pants hanger.
>>
>>8954266
There is a tumblr blog about this actually, but I forget its address.
>>
>>8954266
>If I search it I feel like they'll put me on a watch list.
Nah, there's a ton of nymphet stuff that clogs tumblr. If anything you're just gonna have a hard time finding that specific thing because the other kind is more popular.
>>
>>8952307
free shipping
>>
>>8954286
I wouldn't be mad, if someone could deliver the link.
>>
>>8954369
I wish I could help you man cause I know I hate browsing /gif/ and not finding anything enjoyable and also not being able to ask for what I want without getting shooed off to the request board which was never helpful in the past.

Like I said, you're gonna get bombarded with nymphette stuff no matter where you look these days cause of the dd/lg shit that is wildly popular right now. They often tag stuff as lolita even though it's not, so that'll be what pops up on places where you'd go to look for porn.

Also, as a lolita myself, I gotta say, not a lot of people here are really interested in getting anything on their brand let along bodily functions.
I just don't think you're gonna have much luck.
Maybe try /r/? If you could get past explaining lolita fashion to them...
>>
>>8954405
I've found heaps before just on random Japanese av sites. Posted it on here too but got banned, lol. Stick to Japanese sites.
>>
Are lacemarket messages broken for anyone else? I received 2 messages but nothing is showing up in my inbox. Kinda worried because I have several listings up and sold a few items last week...
>>
File: 1460265003846.jpg (813 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
1460265003846.jpg
813 KB, 1440x1440
Anybody here use old men to buy their brand? I can't be the only sugar baby here.
>>
>>8954834
Can you fkin quit with this bait. If you're for real, go talk to the little girls on tumblr, but stop your shit on here, no one wants to talk about it.
>>
>>8954834
No, most of us are decent human beings who work for a living.
>>
>>8954886
>decent
>on 4chan

Stop kidding yourself anon
>>
>>8954900
kek'd
>>
>>8954900
>hurr le ebin asshole of the innurnut meme

4chan is mainstream now
>>
File: vpg7yg.jpg (26 KB, 648x480) Image search: [Google]
vpg7yg.jpg
26 KB, 648x480
>>8954834
>>
Is Q-Pot worth the price? For some reason I can only find cafe reviews
>>
Anyone noticing that the number of secrets has declined hugely? I know there's been a steady decline since everyone left LJ, but even in the last two months it's gone down significantly and quite quickly.
>>
>>8955248
I'm obsessed with this series in particular
>>
File: 15_8_20_119_1.jpg (46 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
15_8_20_119_1.jpg
46 KB, 480x640
>>8955266
Hah, me too. I saw the bee ring on CC and just had to buy it
>>
What shopping service wouldbe better for a fril.PJ order with all of the items being around 500-3000 yen? Japonica or FJ?
>>
seriously, how do lolitas with huge wardrobes store everything? what do you do when you move?

by "huge" I mean something around 170+ jsks or OPs, so things with a lot of volume and weight. I'm moving in a few months and I have no idea how I'm going to pack and relocate this closet.
>>
>>8955784
Space saver bags piled into big boxes. Then get a moving company to move all your shit. If something happens top the outer cardboard, nbd
>>
I bought a j-fashion dress and a lolita item through lacemarket off someone local and we did a cash on delivery exchange. I got home and found theres a button missing from the cuff on the dress, do i ask for some money back or just let it go?
>>
>>8955248
I don't have the info you want but if you like bees this shop has a couple cute bee pieces
https://www.etsy.com/listing/125481488/bee-earrings-gold-honey-bee-honey-drops
>>
>>8955784
>huge wardrobes store everything
>170+
pfft, I have about 6 main pieces and I have trouble storing them.
>>
File: toomuchsunlight.jpg (79 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
toomuchsunlight.jpg
79 KB, 500x333
>>8955784
It's a good idea to just buy another wardrobe. Just please don't be one of those lolitas that hangs their skirts out in the open on some clothing rack or on the walls of their room, exposed to dust, sunlight, and possible accidents. Pic related.
>>
>>8955908
those poor, bleached dresses.
>>
>>8955908
This oh so much! There was a gorgeous Boz dress on Lacemarket which is being sold for well above it's going price that has a bleached shoulder from being stored in direct Sunlight. The seller simply has said 'It might be possible to redye it.' So many regrets I didn't grab the same dress when I saw it for 10K yen last year on MBok in perfect condition.
>>
>>8951853
China's lost in 1993 US fashion.
>>
>>8956078
Most of it, yeah. Lots of track suits, sweats, and fanny packs among the old people. But the girls in the metropolitan areas dress so fucking cute.

sage for OT
>>
New kawaii ambassador
>>
>>8956104
Kawaii Ambassador doesn't mean shit after the AM fiasco. The JLA are scum and so is Misako.
>>
>>8955908
>dust, sunlight, and possible accidents
Open closets disgust me for that exact reason. It surprised me when I checked wardrobe posts how many lolitas have them. Also, almost every lolita I know stores at least a part of their wardrobe in an open closet or on a clothing rack because they are all too cheap to buy a proper closet. That's just a huge fucking nope. Only because the stuff you buy retail is displayed on clothing racks, doesn't mean it it s good idea to do the same at home. The clothing there is supposed to hang there for only a short amount of time, and most retail stores use uv tinted windows to eliminate any sun damage. The chance of getting your openly displayed clothes damaged in a small and crowded room is also much higher. It's just not the same at home.
>>
>>8954120
What print is this? I like it.
>>
Does anyone know the legality on sewing a 10v shock wire into the inside hem of a skirt so that when people try to lift it, it zaps them? I'm tired of people touching my skirt without my permission.
>>
>>8956161
Fuckin do it, I'll help you.
>>
>>8956134
>>8955908
I've always wondered this, I have my dresses stored hanging from my ceiling, but there are no windows in my room and it's dark log cabin-like room. Is that still ok?
>>
Everytime I use any shopping service but FJ I get seller gifts. Is that a weird coincidence or do they steal my shit?
>>
>>8956110
amen
>>
>>8956161
I would think it would be proportional force. The tort of assault is intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. And I seriously doubt that a reasonable person would consider that action not to be offensive. Defend urself dude
>>
>>8956167
It's okay if absolutely no sun gets in, but your clothes still get dusty and catch a stale smell (if there is no way to ventilate your room). You should air out your clothes regulary, cloudy and dry weather is ideal for it.
>>
>>8956161
Where in the world do you live where enough people think it's acceptable to lift up your skirt that measures like this have to be considered.

Do it anon.
>>
>>8956142
Sweet girl room from AP
>>
>>8956104
Isn't she the one who bought votes and won that Meta coord contest with a mediocre coord a while back?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.