[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Alarielle.jpg (199 KB, 1003x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
199 KB, 1003x1000
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

The feet of Alarielle edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48022681
>>
So does everyone play Skaven? Or is that just a /tg thing?
>>
First for Tree Revenants should have been 2-wound infantry.
>>
>>48041775
>playing skaven
Disgusting.Cleanse this filth.
(Stormcast/WoC/Ogres here)
>>
>>48041775
There's a few, plus underempire.. I say they got more popular after storm of chaos

>Gnawholes
>>48023663
>>48022068
>>48008958
>>48003887
>>47997468
>>47995518
>>47988742
>>47988621
>>47976898
>>47962651
>>47982966
>>47981835
>>48022206
>>
>>48041775
>So does everyone play Skaven?
In my area, well, the AoS community is pretty small, but everyone who does play plays undead. Last tournament, only six people showed. Literally everyone was running undead of some variety.

There's a lot going for the deadites in AoS. The rules of one and summoning restrictions are going to be a blow, but points costs are fairly favorable, our faction trait's arguably the best one, and the new battlefield tax is largely ignorable (4 60 point zombie squads will meet the requirement even for the largest game, and can merge into a single halfway decent blob during the game).
>>
>>48041776
No arguments here, as it is they're not that much better than dryads. Also the slyvaneth lineup has this weird gap, with a load of 1-wound infantry and then a jump to the 5-wound kurnoth hunters.
>>
>>48041885
There are a lot of 'That's nice, but...' moments with Tree Revenants.
>6" pile in
Nice, but you still need to pile in to the next model.
>wyldwood teleport
Nice, but you need to set up far away.
>Rend-1
Nice, but they are otherwise so pillowfisted it hurts.
>rerolls
Nice, but onit's still only one reroll.
>>
>>48041710
Guy from last thread here, still trying to think of a new army to play.
>>
>>48042030
They remind me of the fyreslayers, I was a bit surprised their two hearthguard units were both 1 wound only, and both also felt slightly less dangerous than their fluff suggested.

Maybe GW don't want every army to have multiwound shitkicker heavy infantry like chaos/stormcasts/ironjawz, could make things a bit dull I suppose (an issue I had with old WHFB was how often you saw almost identical heavy-armour/great-weapon dudes laying into each other, and how rarely you saw melee infantry on the table that wasn't in the HA/GW template).
>>
>>48041775
It's probably like 2 guys just circlejerking, they're really not that popular, but have daddy issues since they think the Horned rat is a big boy now.
>>
>>48042111
Well, at least the hearthguard all bring a selection of fairly significant weapons. Not to mention the very powerful save-after-the-save basically making the berzerkers into pseudo-2-wound infantry.
That said, you are probably right about GW wanting to limit the amount of guys wearing a refrigerator into battle, since heavy-duty multiwound infantry is already fairly prevalent.
Might have been senible to make Tree Revenants (and Spite Revenants, who are even worse) into a ten-dude unit for cheaper.
>>
>>48042034

Posting my Daughters of Khaine Cauldron of Boobs (WIP) since the indecent concept went down so well in the last thread.

http://imgur.com/gallery/fZsmc
>>
>>48042335
Ah! Muh fragile sensibilities! The only explanation here is that you must be a child molesting pervert!
>>
File: Skaven council.png (197 KB, 380x402) Image search: [Google]
Skaven council.png
197 KB, 380x402
>>48041775
>>48041794
13th Post secured for the Great Horned one
>>
>>48042335
Good conversions, btw. Painting could use some work, but the converting is well done.
>>
>>48042357
>>48042367
Fuck.

Foiled by titties, the best way to fail.
>>
>>48042368
Ah thankyou! I was expecting to get roasted.
I definitely do have to tidy up the painting and do something to the base.
I was thinking of having it leave bloody tyre-tracks.
>>
File: j87.jpg (43 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
j87.jpg
43 KB, 600x307
>>48042030
>>48041776
>>48041885

I'm not disagreeing with you. They could be much better, but they do have their uses.

Yes, you have to teleport them 9" from the enemy, but a unit of 10 will be able to kill war machines. Not only do they have a chance of charging that turn (don't forget they can reroll one of the 2D6 charge dice), they also have enough wounds to survive one turn of war machine fire and then pluck said war machine to pieces.
I'm not saying I'll take them over Dryads, but I will be using them in addition and seeing how they play.

Also, anyone else notice that Treekin are point-for-point the best stuff Sylvaneth have? 100 points for 3. Twelve Wounds with unconditional 4+ saves and nine damage 2 attacks are cheaper than ten Dryads and cost the same as 5 Revenants. Holy shit, just these guys and Kurnoth Hunters, nothing else necessary.

Seriously thinking about converting my own, like pic related, which I think look just glorious.
>>
File: ohgodwhy.jpg (20 KB, 370x380) Image search: [Google]
ohgodwhy.jpg
20 KB, 370x380
>>48042335
>>
>>48042440
Jesus thats embarrasing
still its not finished yet
>>
Spite Revenants don't seem worth using outside of a list with Drycha. Am I wrong?
>>
>>48042335
You need a girlfriend
>>
>>48042537
Basically no, you're perfectly right.
However, we don't yet know how the Battalions look and there's at least one consisting of Drycha+Spite-Revenants. Maybe that's so good it makes them amazing. Also, you can put small units of them in between your Dryads. No, their combat prowess and survivability aren't impressive, but their debuff aura is pretty nice. Like, hide 5 of them behind 20 Dryads so the enemy is affected by their rules. If you need the extra oomph, just let the Spities into combat as well.
>>
File: 1466738980059.png (165 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466738980059.png
165 KB, 600x600
>>48042648
It wouldn't be that bad if it was well painted, but it's like thick basecoats on everything that's it.
>>
>>48042412
Well to be honest the painting seems waaaaay to thick and is covering a lot of the details. The one who is pouring blood on herself looks more like she is pouring red jello. It's not supposed to be that thick. At this scale blood is not supposed to have a texture.
>>
>>48042648
>implying a scantily-clad army says anything about anon's love life
I used to write smut on the internet while in a stable relationship but completely lost interest in doing that after the breakup. Where's your Id now, Doc Fraud?
>>
>>48042335
>http://imgur.com/gallery/fZsmc
it this the best this thread has to offer?
>>
How varied and fun are Pestilens to play? I like the general theme, but I'm wondering if sticking to their theme will get too repetitive.
>>
>>48042786
there isnt much variety, even with the different battalions

you can easily mix in other skaven units or nurgle, it makes it way more interesting to play
>>
>>48042786
Pestilens synergizes well with other nurgle. A lot of the buffs and debuffs specify the keywords nurgle only, and since pestilens has that keyword, they work well together.
>>
>>48042753
>it this the best this thread has to offer?
>>>48035678
>>
File: image.jpg (855 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
855 KB, 2592x1936
Anyone have any questions?
>>
>>48042335
THIN YOUR PAINT
>>
>>48042827
this looks like six years old painted this
You should link him there,not me
>>
>>48042786
I mean they have 6 units. One monster, warmachine

And a lot of example lists don't even bother with plague priests or even many censers. definitely could get boring unless you're truly into the Pestilens theme.

I'm kinda unsure how i feel about Plague Censers, i don't think they have enough survivability, i wish they were 2 bravery higher, or had a nurgle FNP
>>
>>48042828
1. Scenarios for pitched, post them pls, they'll matter a ton in list building
2. non-spell based summoning/summoning section in general
>>
>>48042786
That's really the only problem.
You have your Monks, your Censer Bearers, Priests on foot, Priest on Furnace, Verminlord and Plagueclaw. That's it.
Effectively, that's a War Machine, Priests, Monsters, foot soldiers, centerpiece models and elite soldiers, so just about everything you could want. But it does rely very heavily on its Battalions so the Battletome is damn near mandatory without using the app and it gets repetitive real fast.
On the other hand, it's an amazing army to start out, as you can branch out either to other Skaven or to Nurgle later and nothing will feel amiss.

captcha:
>Pick street signs.
>shows an image of only flag posts
>...
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>48042887
Reinforcement. Sorry for potato cam
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (182 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
182 KB, 1008x720
Posted this to the last thread and never got a response so asking again.

Hey everyone so I've been out of 40k for a little while now and been avoiding AoS like the plague up until recently. I have a Slaanesh Daemons Army that I used with 40k and I heard via a friend that Daemonettes are going to be obscenely cheap with the points cost rules.
What I have:
1 keeper of secrets
2 daemon princes (one could double as a keeper)
80x daemonettes
5x heralds
The Masque
14x Seekers
1x herald on steed
2x Exalted chariots
6x fiends of slaanesh
1x soul grinder

What I used to do with the army when I played it in 40k is bring about 60 daemonettes with the Exalted Locus so they could reroll misses in CC and drown the opponent in wounds. Is there a way to build an army to do that with the stuff I've listed?

Anything you want to recommend for me to pick up?
>>
>>48042828
You don't happen to have the Grand Alliance: Chaos book do you? I'm looking for the Clan Skryre battalion but I cannot find a scan of it, and every image I've found of the page through searching is too blurry or small to make out.
>>
>>48042745
>>48042752
>>48042753
>>48042830
>>48042864
>>48042440
It's. Not. Finished. Yet.

Don't worry I deleted it anyway Jesus. And thanks, actually I do have a girlfriend who plays too.

I'm just having fun. Calm down.
>>
>>48042648
Incorrect. He needs a boyfriend
>>
>>48042955
adding a new unit costs points but adding models to an existing unit does not cost points

so flesheaters can continue reinforcing units as long as they want but summoning a brand new unit (like a Courtier) costs points

Interesting
>>
>>48042879
Take and hold
Control two objectives, centre of each players side. 5 or more models (can be mix of units)within 6inches, no enemy models within 6. 3 round onwards major victory if you have control of both. Minor victory if time runs out/five rounds, more point value destroyed(including summoned)
>>
>>48043053
it is already too thick,and considering how it looks right now it will be shit
>>
>>48043053
>It's. Not. Finished. Yet.
You're going to add MORE layers of paint to that abomination?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c
>>
>>48043053
It's not a matter of it being unfinished, it's that you fucked up on the base coats. No washing or highlighting is going to fix it. You needed to thin your paints.
>>
>>48043053
The only improvment I can think of is washing it and starting over
>>
>>48043079
Blood and glory
4 objectives in each quarter. Control if more models within 6 then opponent. Major from 3rd round onwards if all 4 controlled. Minor if time runs out and control majority. Points value destroyed as tiebreaker.
>>
>>48043078
I think i read somewhere that while they can reinforce their units, you cant get above the number you originally bought. So if you bought a 20man unit, and a bunch died, you can reinforce it again, but to not exceed 20.
>>
>>48043078
Can't reinforce past starting size, aka: flesheaters are trash! So glad I didn't start them. Guess this answers the arielle summoning ability too.
>>
>>48043121
Escalation
One third of army (unitwise), one third on second turn, final third on last. Objectives along diagonal line on table. Controlled when more within 6 then opponent. Score 1 vp for each objective controlled from end of 2 round onwards. Major victory more then opponent. Minor if tied but more points destroyed.
>>
>>48043157
>aka: flesheaters are trash!
Waaaaaaaa! i cant get free shit on the table anymore, despite the fact so many armies would kill to bring a unit back to full health waaaaaaaaa!
>>
>>48043113
I think I actually will.
I wasn't showing off the paint job, just the conversion
>>
>>48043184
>Army has an ability that does something
>Army has an ability that only does something if you pay more points for it

I wonder which is better?
>>
>>48043175
Border war
4 objectives. One each in centre of each players half. One each on border between players territory on left and right halfs. Basically forming a cross. Usual capturing rules, vp for each objective held end of each turn, 2nd onwards. Objective in own half : 1 vp, borders : 2 vp, enemy objective, 4 vp. Major win if more at end of game.
>>
How'd the Slaves to Darkness theme? In terms of variety and fun.
>>
>>48043231
Three places of power.

Three places of power along border of player territory. One in middle, one each in centre of the thirds. Controlled by first hero to end move within 3 inches, if more then one hero only first one arrives controls it. If hero slays enemy hero controlling place of power, immediatly gain control.
At end of each turn score vp = no of turns a hero has controlled the objective. (1 vp if it just arrived, 2 if held for two turns). Most points wins major.
>>
File: BloodBound.jpg (430 KB, 1458x1065) Image search: [Google]
BloodBound.jpg
430 KB, 1458x1065
Can we have a real talk about explaining the idea behind the Bloodbound faction playwise?

I just split two starters with my friend, he went Stormcast and I went Khorne. I went with the starter because I used to play warriors of chaos a few years back and Khorne was always me OG favorite chaos god, even though they sucked for a while I still loved them.

Looking over their battle tome the only long range damage is the Blood Priest,, the rest of the army are squishy troops. I THINK the idea is the stack the buffs from Bloodsecrators, Strokers, and other heroes to make the Reavers good but is there any other aspect that I am missing?

>Skullcrushers look mediocre as all else when compared to other monstrous cavalry. Trampling only on a 4+ is too unrealiable for so little damage.
>Khorgoraths seem a bit too fragile for their damage ouput, they are basically just trolls but more Khorney.
>BloodWarriors are underwhelming when compared to just the basic Stormcast trooper, their best aspect being that they do a little more damage when they die...
>BloodReavers are kind of super squishy, not super men like the old Chaos Warriors.

I could solve the shooting issue with BloodCannons, but I kind of like just playing mortals. Maybe I could ally in some chaos dwarves but thats too expensive for me right now.

The coolest shit are the heroes, especially the Lord of Khorne, being able to one shot anything of a 5+ is pretty baller I have to say.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>48043231
Three places of power.

Three places of power along border of player territory. One in middle, one each in centre of the thirds. Controlled by first hero to end move within 3 inches, if more then one hero only first one arrives controls it. If hero slays enemy hero controlling place of power, immediatly gain control.
At end of each turn score vp = no of turns a hero has controlled the objective. (1 vp if it just arrived, 2 if held for two turns). Most points wins major victory.
>>
File: SkavenPlague censer.jpg (237 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
SkavenPlague censer.jpg
237 KB, 1000x665
>>48043231
>Border war

Do you hear this, Lizard-things?

It is sound of a thousand devotees, claws scurry-scratching as we invade your border-land, all shall rot-wither in the name of the Horned One.

Kroak's great wall shall fail...
>>
>>48041775
Flesh-Eater Courts, Tomb Kings and Tzeentch here.
>>
>>48043303
Gifts from heavens

Table is divided into 6 sections
1-2. 3-4. 5-6
1-2. 3-4. 5-6
On each players second hero phase, roll a dice. Meteor lands in centre of corresponding section in own territory. Controlled if you have models within 6 but no enemy does. Score vp = current round for each meteor held. More wins major.
>>
>>48043349

How's playing Tzeentch? Wat do you run? I'm glad to see that he's receiving more focus than he used to. Are his models actually good at magic now?
>>
>>48042992
Daemonettes are still good - honestly not much you can add except maybe a herald on chariot. Take blobs of 20/30 Daemonettes for your battleline and see what else you can add, I'd suggest at least the KoS and Daemonettes and the rest is really up to you. Soul Grinders are good. And you ought to add some heralds around the Daemonettes
>>
File: 1458388845837.jpg (136 KB, 900x763) Image search: [Google]
1458388845837.jpg
136 KB, 900x763
>>48043314
hes gonna build that wall even greater and the horned rats's gonna pay for it
>>
>>48042335
Such a cool concept ruined by a horrible paint job.
>>
>>48043290
Okay, first of all you can add any Slaves to Darkness units to your army, as you can mark them as Khorne. Then you can add all the cool Khorne shit that isn't in the starter, like Skullreapers, which are fucking devastating.

If you only play the starter, you're limiting yourself immensely.

>Skullcrushers look mediocre as all else when compared to other monstrous cavalry. Trampling only on a 4+ is too unrealiable for so little damage.
If you like them and want to make them reliable, play the Brass Stampede Battalion.
>BloodWarriors are underwhelming when compared to just the basic Stormcast trooper, their best aspect being that they do a little more damage when they die...
How so? They have the exact same stats as a Liberator, but come on smaller bases, so it's easier to shove them into combat. Ergo, they're better than basic Stormcast troopers.
>BloodReavers are kind of super squishy, not super men like the old Chaos Warriors.
Maybe because they're not supposed to replace Chaos Warriors but Marauders?
>Khorgoraths seem a bit too fragile for their damage ouput, they are basically just trolls but more Khorney.
You got it backwards. They're pretty tough, but despite counting as Monsters, they actually have a lower damage output per model than trolls. If you want a monster that isn't as shit, get a Chaos General on Manticore. If you want a monster that's pretty good, get a Slaughterbrute.

Get some Skullreapers, get some Wrathmongers, get some Gorebeast Chariots, get a Warshrine. Give the Skullreapers Daemon Weapons and keep a Bloodstoker nearby and they can reliably deal a surprisingly large number of Mortal Wounds, which lets them kill shit your super-buffed Reavers struggle with.
Pick your battles, have a nice spread of units around and the army is pretty fucking powerful.
>>
File: Shame.gif (2 MB, 270x279) Image search: [Google]
Shame.gif
2 MB, 270x279
>>48044015
Yep, cheers thanks. Already been told that enough times by many people on this very friendly thread.

I don't know if anyone actually read that its UNFINISHED or they just enjoy taking the piss.

Jesus fuck calm down, I'm new here.
>>
>>48044152
If you can't stand taking critical judgment then why do you ask for opinions? Stop behaving like a pussy and man up. Also, do it all over again.
>>
>>48044152
>its unfinished
unless you are somehow magically gonna cake less layers on it that doesn't mean anything anon
>>
Anyone have the leaked points for the Hellcannon? I simply cant find the unit entry in the leaked points pages and I want to know how expensive points wise its going to be.
>>
>>48044344
It's 300.

Speaking of which, how good would 4 hellcannons and as much blood reader spam as possible work at 2k points? Obviously with a bloodsecrator and buffs
>>
>>48044358
That... is actually not a bad idea. Bloodreavers kill anything without bullshit armor and the stuff with bullshit armor will be wrecked by the Cannons. I'd reduce the cannons to 3 though so you have more points for Reavers and Buffs. Add Dark Feast, Bloodsecrator and an Aspiring Deathbringer and as many Reavers as you can fit and you'd have a tide of crazy cannibals advancing under ridiculously good fire support.
>>
>>48044315
>If you can't stand taking critical judgment then why do you ask for opinions?

Did I ask for opinions?

>Critical Judgement
"You need a girlfriend"
"it this the best this thread has to offer?"
"THIN YOUR PAINT"
"this looks like six years old painted this"
"You're going to add MORE layers of paint to that abomination?"
"Such a cool concept ruined by a horrible paint job."
"stop behaving like a pussy and man up."

Despite the fact that I slapped "WIP" all over every post and picture there's still 8 bully posters jumping all over me like a pack of raging chimps. There have only been TWO humane posts offering genuine advice.

Thanks anon, you're a real fucking hero.
>>
>>48044435
Thin your paints isn't a just a meme anon
>>
>>48043636
Well I could always make one of the Exalted chariots toting around a herald, it's not like there is a specific model that states it's the herald on the back of it.

is it safe to assume most games played will be at the 2k points level?
>>
>>48044435
Did your balls gone inside and disappeared or you are dramatising like this on a daily basis?
>>
>>48044449
I know.
ITS UNFINISHED. I'm going to tidy it up.
Christ I give up.

You bastards just want to have a laugh. What a fine way to treat a fellow gamer in the hobby.
>>
File: 1457207835647.png (168 KB, 618x466) Image search: [Google]
1457207835647.png
168 KB, 618x466
>>48044474
you can't tidy up pic related anon
>>
>>48044466
>dramatising
literally being ganged up on...
even posted all the quotes...

I guess I'm the stupid one here for expecting wargame nerds on an anonymous image board to be friendly.
>>
>>48044461
nah.
Most will probably houserule 1500 points or play 1000 points.
Or people might see Matched as too restrictive and stick to Open.
In our store I know at least two people who literally cannot play Matched and would have no intention of buying stuff to remedy that. Other scenes probably have similar people around who will help to keep the flame of Open Play burning.
>>
>>48044544
it's like it's your first day here anon
>>
>>48044560
IT IS THOUGH.

Well I hope you all had your fun.
>>
>>48044420
The only weakness I've encountered is bullshit like the stardrakes global d3 wounds to just rape the crew, but that's one army. Others have counterplay like bubble wrapping them.
>>
>>48044576
Ah, the newfaggotry.
>>
>>48044474
Welcome to 4chan, you want hugbox head to reddit.
>>
>>48044544
look, just stop posting. You are not on tumblr. If this site perceives something to be shit, it will ridicule you until you either learn to cut your losses or become a meme and you do not want to become a meme.

You DID disregard the core rule of painting: Thin Your Paints. We don't just say that, we mean it. Thin down the paint, keep the layers thin and the details stay crisp and sharp. If you'd done that, maybe even watched a couple of tutorials by based Duncan on Warhammer TV, your model (which IS nicely converted by the way) would now look amazing instead of ridiculous.
You cannot un-fuck the paint job, you've already clogged up all the detail. Any paint stripper strong enough to un-fuck this would strip the plastic away as well.
But whining on said anonymous image board about being treated unfairly will not solve anything but it will make other people want to ridicule you more.
>>
>>48044576
>IT IS THOUGH.
welp mystery solved
>>
>>48044435
>Did I ask for opinions?
If not for opinions, why did you post it?

Also, if you do want painting advice, really do try the WIP thread over here >>48035678
>>
>>48044678
>sending the man to wip
anon if you're not a contest painter and post a pic of your mini's there they will tear you up.
which is something i learned by lurking , which our new friend clearly doesn't do
>>
>>48041877
are you in the north part of the neatherlands perchance? a ton of undead here aswell, a handfull of sigmarites, and basically one of all the other races..(im the local dorf)
>>
File: 1272402920299.jpg (225 KB, 748x1086) Image search: [Google]
1272402920299.jpg
225 KB, 748x1086
>>48044557
Alrighty, 2k seems like what I have set up for (make sense considering 2.5k is what I liked to be at with 40k) but 1k-1.5k that's fair. Don't wanna make the games last all day.
>>
>>48044435
>I want to be jerked off in the internet
>I have no idea what thinning paints is
>I am going to make this miniature less thick by adding MORE layers
>>
>>48044576
Grow some thicker skin.

For now that you have arrived here, you may never leave this place. Welcome to Hell.
>>
>>48044474
You don't get it do you? It's too late. There's no tidying up that will fix it. Paints slathered on too thick is bad. The base coats needed to be much thinner and evenly applied. Right now the only acceptable answer of 'unfinished' would mean that you plan on stripping them down and starting over again.

We're not saying it's lacking any shades highlights or gradients, we're saying the base coats were too goddamn thick.

As others have said, thin your paints isn't just a meme here. It's also pretty fucking good advice
>>
>>48044768
>Grow some thicker skin.
Just like his models then huehuehuehuehueHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE.
>>
>>48044855
OK I actually chuckled
>>
Almost half this thread. Poor Boob Elf anon.

Can someone screencap this including the pictures? We need to record it for future generations.
>>
>>48043314
>skaven get through the wall
>lizardmen just fly away again
lol rekt kid
>>
File: conan1.png (477 KB, 852x460) Image search: [Google]
conan1.png
477 KB, 852x460
>reading Generals Handbook at my local GW
>there's a page titled "The Death of Nagash"
>>
>>48045126
Fukken spooky m8
>>
>>48045107
>being a run-away pussy. TWICE
>implying skaven cannot literally gnaw through reality
>implying vrminlord cannot just *teleport behind u*

psh..nothing personnel...lizadfag....
>>
>>48044474
dont come to 4chan if you cant handle people calling you a fucking retard
>>
>>48045126
You got it wrong. Nagash is death, so it's just talking about the death of nagash, like the bitches of nagash, or the car of nagash
>>
>>48045149
its not running away its a tactical retreat

skaven dont know the difference between theyre cowardly little fucks
>>
>>48045149
Well, Lizards are not the ones with an instinctual fear of the other.
>>
>>48041710

What is with this feet meme?
>>
>>48043625
Different anon tzeentch and rats, i like screamers being able to move fast. Flamers and exalted flamers with fast moving shit was great when used with Changehost battalion

Thinking i need more burning chariots, now..
>>
>>48045169
No

Archaon strikes a fatal blow against Nagash
>>
File: AelfGoddess.jpg (105 KB, 693x477) Image search: [Google]
AelfGoddess.jpg
105 KB, 693x477
>>48045185
There is no memery here my friend.

Gaze upon your Goddess
>>
>>48045126
Archaon killed Nagash several times. The bloke refuses to stay dead.
>>
File: vwMinh.jpg (19 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
vwMinh.jpg
19 KB, 320x213
>>48045205
END TIMES PART 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO ALERT

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>48044699
No? Just thin your paints and post Johnny and wip will love you
>>
>>48045216
What does the rest of her look like?

Why does she ride a giant beetle?
>>
File: 1467030983-img-5666-jpg.jpg (498 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1467030983-img-5666-jpg.jpg
498 KB, 960x1280
>>48045409
Here's her model.

>Why does she ride a giant beetle?
Because she can.
>>
>>48045126
take a picture of that shit!
>>
File: 1462585666417.png (461 KB, 870x722) Image search: [Google]
1462585666417.png
461 KB, 870x722
>>48045308
Here's your (You)
>>
>>48045216

As a foot fetishist, I don't see what the big deal is.
>>
>>48045409
>What does the rest of her look like?
Like an angel with leaves instead of feathers and her shlick hand covered in bark
>Why does she ride a giant beetle?
Because you can't be someone if you either aren't huge, don't ride something huge or your base isn't covered in lots of shit so you can cost enough for GW.
>>
>>48045454
I really hope based Duncan will give us a tutorial for her and maybe Drycha.
>>
>>48045535
>Because you can't be someone if you either aren't huge, don't ride something huge or your base isn't covered in lots of shit so you can cost enough for GW.

This is a big problem with a lot of modern 'leader' heroes.

Why the fuck did Thanquol need to ride on top of Bone-ripper? and if he absolutely needed to why not make him a Bone-breaker Rat ogre? Him being a giant is stupid, a subtle wizard like Thanquol wouldn't want this.

It's because they can bump up the price. And in his case it's also because the writers are shit.

Keep in mind Thanquol constantly had Verminking following in his shadow during ET. if the story ever needed a giant rat dude (It didn't. Bone-ripper has one fight scene in a battle the Skaven had already won and Verminking NEVER fights) then it could have been fulfilled by him.
>>
>>48045621

>A subtle wizard like Thanquol

Have you read any Gotrek and Felix books?

And I mean, even ignoring that: AoS characters cannot meaningfully be considered to be the same continuity as before anyhow. They burned that boat, and trying to carry over some random shit to their new boat is just holding the new boat back further.
>>
>>48042828
what about those special summoning abilities like flesheater counts have? do they also count towards the summoning point rule? if not, please show a pic of the text
>>
>>48045702
>Have you read any Gotrek and Felix books?

Most of them and Grey Seer / Serpent temple.

Thanquol needs to travel through tunnels, he needs to hide, he needs to plot and scheme, and then he needs to be beaten down and cower before his superiors for forgiveness

He cannot do any of this shit riding around on a roaring mongoloid with 4 flamer-throwers for hands.

But you are right. AoS is a different game and setting. Through Thnaquol wasn't made for AoS so i'm mainly just pissed we never got a cool plastic Thanq/Boneripper in normal scale.

The point does stand that any major plot relevant heroes of AoS are going to take up a fuckton of space, and eat into your wallet something fierce.
>>
>>48045702
>AoS characters cannot meaningfully be considered to be the same continuity as before anyhow.

Can you fuck off? You don't get to decide that based on your feelings. AoS is continuation of WHFB. Deal with it.

And Thanqoul has yet to appear in AoS.
>>
>>48045814
>AoS is a different game and setting.

In the same sense of 30K and 40K. Both take place in the same universe.
>>
>>48045786
That's already in anon's pic >>48042955 here.

tl;dr version: Only setting up new units costs points. Flesh-Eaters style reinforcements that add to existing units costs nothing BUT cannot take the unit above starting size.
>>
>>48045835
Except that 30k and 40k have basically the same ruleset while WHFB and AoS... don't. And also unlike 30k and 40k which both subscribe to the grimdark doomed storytelling style, WHFB and AoS are completely different in tone. The Old World was doomed from the start, while AoS' realms are already fucked and are now in the process of being liberated from Chaos, making it all much more hopeful and upbeat. And overblown, don't forget overblown.
>>
>>48045814
>Most of them and Grey Seer / Serpent temple.

Then how come you didn't notice the parts where he had Boneripper with him to act as muscle to intimidate other Skaven or to get him out of trouble? Curious.

The super huge Boneripper in End Times was a big reward Thanqoul got when he ascended to be like the leader of all Skavendom.
>>
>>48045895
>Except that 30k and 40k have basically the same ruleset while WHFB and AoS... don't
We're not talking about the rules. We're talking about the story and timeline. Warhammer fantasy is to aos as 30k is to 40k.
>>
Im trying to get into painting miniatures(not playing the game yet)Im kind of wondering do I need all the things in "tools youll need" section.Even in the beginner painting videos on the official channel they said you wouldnt need any glue, and Im not really sure what the fine detail cutters and mould liners are for.Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>48045941
Can you read entire posts or is that too much hard work for you?
>>
>>48045895
None of what you said is relevant. Regardless of the tone or ruleset, WHFB and AoS happen in the same universe and follow a single continuity. This not debatable.

As for the 30K and 40K, only 40K is about the decline and doom of all things. 30K is about Imperial civil war and saving the Imperium.
>>
>>48045966
I read it, but i found it idiotic that you would bring up the rules difference in a lore discussion.

And yes there is a tonal shift from whf to aos, but the truth is end times happened, then this happened. There's no denying it.
>>
>>48045915
I did. i also noticed the part where the tunnels and warrens didn't collapse every time Thanquol entered a room with him.

You know, because old Bone-ripper was a great design, he was a slightly augmented Rat Ogre, he was a bodyguard, not a building.

Modern Bone-ripper is just childish and over the top. As for rewards, no it was an excuse to make an ultra expensive model. Thanquol's true reward should have been Verminlord status anyway.
>>
>>48045966
It doesn't matter. What you wrote is pointless and doesn't refute what that anon said.

Basically what you did is state because "MAH FEELS" about tone makes me think that WHFB and AoS don't follow the same continuity and don't happen in the same setting.
>>
>>48045817

It's literally the same shit as a comic book reboot, dude.

Big stupid apocalpyse event, then everything is changed and a half-assed smattering of old stories are still relevant because they didn't have the balls to make a clean break.
>>
>>48046027
Wrong. It's not a reboot. Its a continuation.

A reboot would imply that the old world never was a thing and everything started in these 8 new mortal realms, which is not the case at all. There are lots of references to 'the world that was' referring directly to old warhammer fluff.

There is no reboot. There is not a brand new setting. This is warhammer, the continuation of old warhammer.
>>
>>48045987
>Thanquol's true reward should have been Verminlord status anyway.

Except the Verminking and the Great Hornred Rat needed him as a puppet leader of Skavendom. Easily controlled and cowed by his master.

Considering that Thanqoul even in his mortal form has developed resistance to the Verminking's mind probing, you know that turning him into a daemon would be a bad idea.

Also Thanqoul now the leader of all Skavendom would require something marvellous and imposing to stride into battle on as item of status.
>>
>>48046058

Except the apocalyptic reboot events are in fact in continuity. People will refer to the Crisis On Infinite Earths in-universe decades after it happened.

Exactly the same shit. Apocalpyse, everything is different, but a few random things carry over to make things an ugly mess.
>>
>>48046027
>It's literally the same shit as a comic book reboot, dude.

Not that Anon but how often do comics do this?

I don't read comics so as such i don't know this feeling. I actually like most of the Skaven/Sigmar lore I've read so far. The Game itself is pretty good too.

My beef is just GW's fixation with huge models, i prefer heroes on foot, but it can work, as i will admit the new Mawcrusha is decent looking.
>>
>>48046058
Took the words out of my mouth, Thank you.
>>
>>48045956
Don't buy the GW tools, they're fine but overpriced. Their glue is okay, I guess, if you don't mind having to unclog the nozzle from time to time.

Starting out you'll need
>Clippers to get stuff off the sprue
>Plastic glue (assuming you're only using plastic models, obviously, otherwise you need superglue). I think that beginner video was for snapfit models which don't need glue, but the vast majority of AOS models aren't snapfit.
>Either a file or sharp knife to clean up models (mold lines and sprue nubs). Don't bother getting a moldline remover.

There are a load of useful links in the OP post of the WIP thread (>>48035678). If you post your stuff in /WIP/ they may bite at first, but generally if you take advice on board and show improvement in your models they'll be pretty supportive.
>>
>>48046103
>Their glue is okay, I guess, if you don't mind having to unclog the nozzle from time to time.

GW glue is dogshit, especially their awful super-glue. I would not advice it, even if the guy is new.

>>48045956

I like to use Army Painter plastic glue, it's brilliant stuff, won't let you down.

As for super-glue just visit your local dollar/pound store and use that. Or Gale Force brand, that's really solid.
>>
>>48046089
No except here.

You act like AoS nullified WHFB's lore from existence and that it magically takes place in a different universe/continuity. That did not happen. The setting just moved on to the next chapter. The stories of WHFB are still canonical in AoS and many of the same characters are still around carrying about the same agendas they were doing in the world that was.

Everything follows a linear path of progression. That's easy to follow so there is no mess here.
>>
>>48046153
Well, I find their thin plastic glue works fine myself, and don't really bother with the other two, but if there's better stuff for newbies to go for then fair enough.
>>
>>48046209
>Well, I find their thin plastic glue works fine myself,

The problem is they go through bad batches, and you won't know you have a bad batch until all your guys fall apart and the glued-on parts crystallize. Then they need to be scraped and filed heavily and redone.

Had to rebuild an army once thanks to that, never used GW glue ever again.
>>
>>48046206

Don't read shit into my words I didn't say, maybe?

I fucking know that there isn't a proper clean break, that's my entire complaint. The world is dead, and has been for thousands of years. Nothing is left but a few random big name characters floating about to make a superficial tie to a dead setting. Re-using names is one thing, but there are claims that these guys are straight up the same dudes, millenia later in this impermanent set of battlegrounds floating in a chaos realm.

It is the same shit.

Take Flashpoint as an example: Setting changes drastically, but the ongoing Batman and Green Lantern series carried on like nothing had happened. It's a trainwreck, and all because they couldn't tell the batman and GL writers to suck it up and make a clean break.

Saaaaaame shit. Having old characters show up when everything is lost and there's no commonality to the old setting -beyond them- weakens the new setting.
>>
Anyone else want to take over? I give up. There really is no arguing with an idiot.
>>
File: 1465647835991.jpg (241 KB, 599x880) Image search: [Google]
1465647835991.jpg
241 KB, 599x880
>tfw you want to obsess about new Sylvaneth with like-minded anons and instead find a discussion about whether New Testament AoS invalidates Old Testament WHFB
>>
>>48046519
Don't post memes and start writing then, faggot
>>
>>48046103
Do i use the citadel paints?Also do i need to get the imperial primer?
>>
Hey guys, opinions on this list? I've been thinking about it for ages and I've discussed with a friend and we are gonna do 1.5k with 3+ battleline and 1-4 leaders. I have an alternative 1000 points and 2000 points list though.

1000 Points
Leaders -
Lord on Daemonic Mount 140
Bloab Rotspawned 260

Battleline -
Gors x10 -80pts (will probably replace with Tzaangors)
Pink Horrors x10 - 140 pts

Random
2x Gorebeast Chariot - 200 pts
1x Burning Chariot of Tzeentch - 160 pts

Total 980

1500 points

All of the above plus
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot - 200 points
Bloodstoker- 80 points
Daemonettes x20 - 240 points

Total : 1500 exactly

2000 points

10x Daemonettes - 120
Flamers of Tzeentch x3- 200
Skullcrushers of Khorne X3 - 160

Total 1980

Thoughts?
>>
>>48046580
I personally like the vallejo game color paints better, you get more for your money
>>
>>48046519
When I'm sure I have to buy 50 core units max, I'm all in for them. Not sure about the leader though. I like mad Durthu but the Drycha-Mech and Alarielle seem really powerful. Also I don't want to buy multiple treeman, which seema to be mandatory though.
Next question is if I'll do conversion work. Though about either more skulls and skull heads for the new models or some kind of mask thing. Then comes the paont scheme, which I think will be a purple undercoat and then build up to grey, or white/grey/black OR generic green/brown with white/red heads.
So many questions...
ALSO : Will there be a start collecting box?
>>
>>48046536
Sure thing then.
Thinking up a 1000 point list, I thought something like

>Branchwych
>20 Dryads
>10 Tree-Revenants
>3 Kurnoth Hunters w/ Bows
>3 Kurnoth Hunters w/ Scythes
>3 Treekin

However I think that's way too little magic, especially considering they're getting their own lore.

Thinking of said lore, how likely do you think it is that this lore will be mainly made-up of buffs? Because imo the Sylvaneth army, even with all the new units, is kinda lacking in the buff department.

Similarly, do you think they might change Durthu's Command ability? Because otherwise Kurnoth Hunters' rule of playing Command relay is kinda useless because then it would only work for Inspiring Presence as Tree Singing doesn't affect models and Wrath of Ghyran is table-wide anyway.

Also, how likely do you think it will be that the Sylvaneth Allegiance Battle Trait will be "can set up one Sylvaneth Wyldwood in your own deployment zone" because Wyldwoods don't have actual points so you can't buy them into your army.

I did say I'm obsessing about this. I haven't been this hyped for a release since, well, ever.
>>
>>48043290
Skullreapers + Aspiring DB
That simple +1 attack goes a long way.
>>
>>48046298
>Don't read shit into my words I didn't say, maybe?

Because nothing you write has any relevance to the issue.

>Nothing is left but a few random big name characters floating about to make a superficial tie to a dead

Except the universe itself also. The whole cosmology and divinity of the setting. How magic works, the gods, the myths. etc.

Also the fact that all the races in AoS are descendants of the World That Was. Survivors who made it and thrived in the Realms.

>Re-using names is one thing, but there are claims that these guys are straight up the same dudes,

They are the same guys. Sigmar in Aos is the same as the sigmar in God King. Mannfred in AoS is the same based Mannfred in WHFB. So on and so forth.

>millenia later in this impermanent set of battlegrounds floating in a chaos realm

This shows that you have superficial knowledge of AoS at best. The realms are not in the Realm of Chaos.

And the rest of your post has no value because what happened in DC is not the same thing that happened here. It's not the "same shit" and there is no trainwreck. It's clear linear progression that even a toddler can follow. The story went to another chapter and that's it.
>>
>>48046580
Yeah, be careful, GW sell some spray cans for the purposes of priming, but the paint in them isn't actually primer. Other than that GW paints are perfectly good, but you get less for your money than other manufacturers. Possible exception is that GW metallic paints are often considered better than a lot of other companies' metallics.
>>
>>48046705
This.
>>
>>48046597
I've always liked your army because it's so very rare that someone takes units from several Gods and manages to make that army work.

The 1000 point version seems fair enough but still packs a nasty punch if you get your combo going and the 1500 army is glorious. Not sure what you'd want with the Herald on Chariot though, as the thing is pretty expensive while being (imo) worse than a bog standard Burning Chariot.
The 2000 point version is also nice, though I find Flamers overcosted.
>>
>>48046641
link to any bundles or where do you buy your paints?Also in the video i watched they coated the miniature with imperial primer before painting.Can i use any color paint as primer or do i need a specific kind.
>>
>>48046705
Also I would like to add that's transparent why people keep saying that AoS and WHFB does not happen in the same continuity/universe and then try to weasel out their faulty logic with nonsense.

They want to justify ignoring AoS/ET especially when it comes in relation to their headcanony version of WHFB (that never existed).

Disgusting.
>>
>>48046753
I buy them from my lgs but you can get them online. you will want a primer (doesn't have to be spray can) for sure but you don't have to use citadel brand anything - however if you find it easier especially cuz they show paints used for models on their site go for it.
>>
>>48046650
I think Treemen aren't nearly as mandatory as they once were. Hunters with Bows provide better shooting and Drycha and Ally are faster and hit hard(er).

Painting-wise, how would you do the Spirits? Because I'm torn between the blue they've got going in the artworks and something like pic related.

And you're right to wonder about an SC box. I mean, there isn't one scheduled for next week, but there might be one the week after. Let's just say we'd better not buy any Dryads or Treemen for the next couple of weeks.

Also, how do you think Drycha would look like with the Squirmlings? So far we've only seen the version with the Flitterfuries but I think Drycha with dozens of centipedes crawling out of her would look absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>48046755
>but muh warhammer world was HFY wankery about peasants defending their homes from the hordes of orcs and chaos
>>
>>48043290
>>48043290
You won't use them to do Huge damage,sadly. They are a good way to move around fast around the boiard and help struggling units by crashing their heads into the enemies. poit wise,they are pretty cheap too.
>>48043290
Khorgorats can do somehing only in packs. They are aesthetically awful tho.
>>48043290
>>BloodReavers are kind of super squishy, not super men like the old Chaos Warriors.
Oh boy, so many wrong thing
its like you doidn't even tried to look at them
Blooedreavers are squishier than stormcast? Wow, your are a genoius! They are literally khorne chaos marauders, aka cheap cukltists, not an armoured elite.
They are insanely powerful, they get +2 attacks by simply staying close to a fucking bloodsecrator, and you can buff them further with wraithmongers(another +1)and aspiring deathbringer.
You can always have an altar of chaos dedicated to khorne to give em extra wurvivability and to hot rerolls.
So in the end you will have, for a single bllodreaver:
5 attacks rerolling to hits for a unit that costs literally pennies is an insane value. You can rape charge anyone and blow hom to pieces. Ranged and beignlockied in combart will hurt them immensely of course, but their cost is so low you won't give a fuck. Khorne does not care where the skulls came from.
Warriors and everything else follows the same philosophy. Bloodbounds are strong because you can buff them to increadible peaks, while stormcasts tend to be stronger by default but cannot be buffed like the bloodbound do.
>>
>>48046729
Yeah, those and the Technical paints, most of which give you effects other paints simply cannot reproduce.
>>
>>48046838
I have to agree.
A lot of technical may see stupid but can be used to achieve amazing effect with little to no effort.
The new gemstones are great used in combination with the blue-for example-to recreate muddy waters, and even the gloss washes can be used to achieve some really neat effect.
I just used today the nuln oil wash and it gives an "oily" effect on my blightkings that looks incredibly good.
>>
>>48046868
Holy crap, you're right. I thought what the hell would a glossy wash be useful for but oil effect never even appeared on my list. Hey, maybe Agrax Earthshade Gloss looks like good old Devlan Mud..
>>
>>48046813
If I wanted to focus on the spirits (you mean the blue elven parts of the revenants?), I'd go for a black/white birch tree wood and paint the spirits like fire (yellow/orange/red). Honestly any 'glowing' kind of color will look good. I just don't like GWs take on it, the blue feels too cold.
>Drycha
Didn't know the second weapon was a differe t kind of animal. I guess I'd prefer the squirmlings then.
Also if I had the time to go all out on conversions, I'd mix at least the treeman with GWs plastic trees. I saw such a build on google and it looks pretty awesome.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that Thanqoul is still alive in AoS despite countless aeons passing since the death of the Old World? Skaven live up 20 years and the higher ups a few centuries with augmentation and warpstone serums. Thanqoul has went past beyond that. He must be the oldest Skaven in existence.

Got any theories on how he lived that long? I got one. the name "Thanqoul" must have become the name of the leader of the Masterclan/Skaven Empire. Like Caesar/Kaiser. Riding a Boneripper must be a tradition that comes with the title and position.
>>
>>48046813
>So far we've only seen the version with the Flitterfuries
There's a pic with the centipedes: Pic related, top right

>>48046755
>implying you need justifications for a headcanon more than "I don't like it that way, I prefer to imagine and portray it in this way".
None will stop me from drawing mecha drycha shooting hellboy's toothfairies rather than bees
>>
>>48047043
I've got another theory: magic.
>>
>>48047061
>Drycha
>Hate that transcends the doom of worlds

How come she hasn't fallen to Khorne yet? He digs genocidal mudermad monster ladies.
>>
>>48046705
>>Don't read shit into my words I didn't say, maybe?

>Because nothing you write has any relevance to the issue.

Dude, you aren't even reading my line of argument, you've just decided you don't like the base opinion and don't need to attempt to parse the actual statements.

I've seen some petty internet arguments in my time, but this is truly pathetic. I don't give the tiniest shit if you agree with me, but at least make a token effort to grasp what someone you disagree with is actually saying.
>>
>>48047184
Can't you retards just shut up? Nobody cares.
>>
>>48047145
Khorne can't into 3, only 8
>>
Can anyoine post the warcsroll of drycha?
Can't find it for some reason.
>>
>>48047061
Okay, pretty small picture, but they look almost as horrifying as I thought.

>>48047016
Hm, red glow might look a bit too much as if the wood is burning though, especially with a bright birch wood body... I think I'll have to wait till the Battletome comes out to look at different color schemes all lined up.

>>48047043
Undying Avatar of the Horned Rat?
>>
>>48047377
Only German and French ones have been posted so far. Can translate the German one if you're curious though.
>>
>>48047466
that would be a blast, thanks!
>>
File: 1467207054387.jpg (146 KB, 764x796) Image search: [Google]
1467207054387.jpg
146 KB, 764x796
>>48042955
>>48043078
Hrmm, I had hoped that non-spell summons would not be affected. Because I am sure as shit not setting aside 250+ points just so I can call in a Treelord when Alarielle decides to vomit one on the table.
Still, since her special rule explicitly allows to downgrade the roll I'll have to make due with a 60" heal pulse each turn. Woe is me.
>>
File: 1467228912236.jpg (2 MB, 2166x2944) Image search: [Google]
1467228912236.jpg
2 MB, 2166x2944
>>48047481
Okay. Only the rules for now, give me a holler if you want the flavor texts as well.

Description:
Drycha is a single model. She fights with Thorned Slendervines and Slashing Talons. Her body also inhabits EITHER a Colony of Flitterfuries OR a Swarm of Squirmlings.

Colony of Flitterfuries: When attacking with this weapon, roll 10 dice for every unit in range (see damage table). For each result of 6, the unit for which you rolled suffers a Mortal Wound.

Swarm of Squirmlings: When attacking with this weapon, pick a single enemy unit within 10" and roll 1 dice for every model in the target unit within 10". Each roll that reaches or exceeds the value shown on the damage table causes a Mortal Wound.

Shifting Temperament:
At the start of every battle round, after rolling for initiative, roll a D6. On 1, 2 or 3 Drycha is Furious, on 4, 5 or 6 she is melancholy.

Furious: Double the amount of attacks done with her Slashing Talons. Reroll 1s for the Colony of Flitterfuries.

Melancholy: For the purposes of her damage chart, treat Drycha as though she had suffered two wounds less than she actually did. Can reroll 1s when attacking with the Swarm of Squirmlings.

Song of Hatred:
Units of Spite-Revenants can reroll 1s To Wound if their unit is within 10" of Drycha.

Magic: Drycha is a Wizard, can cast/unbind 1 spell. Knows Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and Primal Fear.

Primal Fear: Casting value 6. Roll a D6 for every enemy unit within 10" and add 2. For every point this exceeds the highest Bravery value found in the unit, the target unit suffers a Mortal Wound.

The stats and profiles are already in English, as usual
>>
File: Untitled.png (792 KB, 464x707) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
792 KB, 464x707
So what's pic related doing anyway? Launching a one-man murder spree in the Realms of Chaos?
>>
>>48047658
thanks bro! +10 internets for you.
Man, she's a fucking beast.
>>
>>48047645
I have no idea what they thought when they designed that rule. It's obvious anyone would use the healing pulse all the time. I mean, I sure as shit won't bet 260 points on the off chance that she might roll a 6 there. Especially not when the alternative is "heal every multi-wound thing you have on the table, including Ally herself".
I mean, maybe in Open Play, but even there it's too unreliable.
>>
Quick, tell me why I should play (insert faction of choice here)?

Bonus points: Give me a cool fluffy army idea.
>>
>>48047777
Well, he's either the Celestant Prime or been squatted for good or sidelined until he gets a possible rerelease much much later maybe possibly eventually, whichever you'd prefer.
>>
>>48047777
Considering that we haven't seen him since End Times Nagash campaign book (The End Times novels are dubious canon), he might have accepted the Chaos Gods offer and he might appear sometime in the future leading a Chaos undead faction.

Alternatively, he could stood still in Khermi until he died with the rest of the world.
>>
>>48047827
Did you actually miss him in EoT Archaon refusing the Chaos Gods offer, spitting in their face and charging the Chaos armies single-handendly? In the last shot of him before Archaon ended the world he was soloing Kholek sun Eater.
>>
>>48047827
I think he was last seen killing daemons after telling Nagash that he's going to kill him but not before the Chaos gods. Telling Settra to serve is like killing Doomguy's pet bunny.
>>
>>48047826
>squatted for good
That'd be too horrifying.
>>
>>48047858
>Did you actually miss him in EoT Archaon refusing the Chaos Gods offer, spitting in their face and charging the Chaos armies single-handendly?

That happened in the End Times novel "Lord of the End Times". It did not happen in the End Times Archaon campaign book. In the campaign book, Settra makes no appearance at all in the final battle and he doesn't confront Nagash.

> In the last shot of him before Archaon ended the world he was soloing Kholek sun Eater.

Not canon.

That's just Josh Reynolds headcanon from his ask.f,m and you apparently got it wrong. According to Josh, Archaon tasked Settra with killing Kholek to prove that he is worthy of serving him.
>>
>>48047658
So, the big question: Squirmlings or Flutterfuries? I am leaning towards the Squirmlings, since it adds more damage to Melancholy, while in blendermode she probably won't need the (less interesting) reroll on a bunch of shots.
That said, a 38" diameter damage pulse is pretty significant. Small, low-wound elite units and lesser heroes can ill afford to actually get into her range.
>>
>>48047866
>I think he was last seen killing daemons after telling Nagash that he's going to kill him but not before the Chaos gods.

Only in the novel.

In the campaign book, Settra doesn't make an appearance.

Here what happened in the novel and what happened in the book.

>Novel : Nagash kills Throgg when suddenly Settra appears. They have an exchange and Settra plunges into battle. Nagash turns his gaze to Arkan and tells him to hold the Chaos hordes here and to die well

Campaign book :Nagash kills Throgg and then Nagash turns his gaze to Arkan and tells him to hold the Chaos hordes here and to die well.
>>
>>48047935
Well, I think in the end the Squirmlings will see more use. The chance to all but annihilate Saurus Guard, rerollable 1+ saves notwithstanding, is simply too good to pass up. On the other hand, the Flitterfuries roll a constant amount of dice, so they might help more against hero-heavy or MSU armies.
In the end, I agree with your reasoning. Furious needs no boost, but Melancholy does.
>>
>>48047808
It's ashame Kurnoth Hunters aren't battle line and we have no 2- or 3-wound models to really make the most of that ability.
Tree and Spite Revenants really should have had 2 wounds. They easily have the size for that.
Actually, can Spite Revenants become battle line?
>>
File: 1466806221252.jpg (209 KB, 948x843) Image search: [Google]
1466806221252.jpg
209 KB, 948x843
>>48048063
Spite nope, Tree yes. Not that you'd want either to fill out more than one of your mandatory Battleline slots as they are slightly overcosted in points and way the hell overcosted in money. I mean, 16 Dryads are barely more expensive than 5 Revenants.
And their size is deceptive, they're about as large as Dryads actually. I admit pic related had me thinking they'd be Treekin-sized, but they're not.
Still, you can toss around quite a few Treekin, Hunters and Treelords and get to heal all of them, which is amazing all things considered.
>>
>>48048147
I kinda want one unit of Spite Revenants for Drycha to benefit of, if they'd been able to battleline it up I could have excused their otherwise awful stats.
As is I'll use probably my Dryads to fulfil my battleline req and use the leftover points to bring Alarielle, Drycha and at least three units of Kurnoth Hunters, one per weapon type.
>>
So, Im the person from the last thread whobwas looking for army ideas, and I've come up with a few different groups for you all to comment on. However, I am always open to recommendations, or any neat ideas you can think up. Heres what I have at the moment though:

>Steam Punk Humans
Basically, A army that takes influence from the game Dishonored. They comes with a focus on relatively advanced Steampunk units, along with a back up of basic foot soldiers. Lore wise, they are the army/guards of a large port city in the Realm of Shadow, which relies on the great levithans of the deep and their precious oils as a way to power their weapons and light their city. To protect themselves from the taint of Chaos, they watched by a highly authotorian cult of Sigmar.
>Chaos Warband
After watching Archaeon escape the machinations of Chaos and form his own destiny, a Charaismatic warlord decides to follow in his example. However, instead of following in Archaeon in the path of ruination, this Warlord takes it upon himself to gather those who survive the assaults of Archaeon, and form from them his warriors, figuring that if they can survive the ruination brought by the Everchosen, surely they are capable warriors. The warlord even goes out of his way to settle disputes and stop fights, hoping to ensure true loyalty to himself.
>Bretonnian themed Treemen
By a strange, fey technicallity, Araellie ttooka few souls of Bretonnian knights and ladys, for they had once died protecting Athel Loren. Thus, they were transformed into Slyvaneth upon the rebirth of Araellie. At first overwhepmed with the change, they soon grew used to the feudal structure of the Treelords. Led by a new, mysterious Green Knight and his court of Hedge Knights, they fight for their new Bretonnia. Although they do not ride steeds, they still stride through battle, baring their ancient colors and iconography.

These are just the most thought out ideas I have, but like Ive said, im always looking for suggestions.
>>
>>48048331
>Dishonored the faction
I like it, but maybe make it a little less blatant. Toss in elves and/or dorfs, put a weird spin on the whole matter. Since naval stuff *and* Ulgu is part of the theme, you might consider a mixed force of freeguild, scourge privateers and ironweld arsenal, with a smattering of devoted of sigmar.
>chaos
Eh, fairly cookie cutter. Not a big fan, I'll admit.
>Sylvaneth Knights
Sounds awesome, but will probably difficult to convey on the tabletop.
>>
>>48048553
You know, Dark elves might actually work better. They fit better with the theme of a dark and dangerous city, along with being a highly naval faction. They also have assassins, so even more bonus points. The only draw backs is that Dark Elves, in my opinion, are a tad bit too fancy and silly looking. They also lack any of the cool things, like pistol and blade, while relying on junk like Crossbows. However,The Devoted of Sigmar could work especially well when compared to the Overseers.

As for the Slyvaneth, it'd mainlybe Treelords and Hunters, with banners and lances, because who needs horses when your a 50 ft. Tree man? Peasants would be Treants, Grail knights are Lords, Ladys are Branchwraiths, etc. I dont think I'd anything else though.
>>
>>48048693
>junk like Crossbows
repeater hand crossbows are cool, though
>>
>>48048785
Eh, I just prefer pistols and stuff more so. I especially liked the wheel lock design. But that does bring to mind Dishonored's hand crossbow. Plus, I just dont like how weirdly pointy their armor is.
>>
>>48045246
Nagash just can't catch a break can he?
>>
File: Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg (21 KB, 321x448) Image search: [Google]
Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg
21 KB, 321x448
>>48048147
>>48041710
What are the forces of Ghyran doing in Shyish?!

Seriously, get out.
>>
>>48045216
She has nice legs and looks like she works out. Love them calfs.
>>
What's the best system to play a AoS RPG?

Was thinking about maybe Savage Worlds or Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>48049158
the thighs are better

Shame about the random branches coming out of the legs, though. Also it seems she's nicked kroq-gar's bionic hand.
>>
>>48049093
>Sigmar revives Stormcast
>Chaos revives favored champions
>Araellie revies any spirits she cares to
>Gets wrecked by Archaeon

lol, whats the problem, "Supreme master of death"?
>>
>>48049188
As long as she is /fit/ I don't really care to much about the proportions of the thighs. Also, boobs and ass is more important than thighs.
>>
>>48049076
They made him into the biggest jobber because he is literally the single most powerful entity in the setting and killing him sets up how cool another character is without the risk of actually killing a lore character for real.
>>
>>48049249
>killing him sets up how cool another character is without the risk of actually killing a lore character for real.

Pretty much this^
Nagash is the Lieutenant Worf of warhammer.
>>
>>48049249
>he is literally the single most powerful entity

Not really.

Sigmar was said to be the most powerful of the Realms Pantheon and Archaon is said to be mightier than Sigmar.

This makes Archaon is most power single being in AoS.
>>
>>48049351
the most*
>>
>>48049351
Nah, it's all WWF soap opera formula. Later new characters will start worfing Archaon.
>>
>>48049202
Should be noted that Nagash got beat after wasting most of his power fighting off a massive skaven invasion of the realm of death, and even then the battle Vs Archaon mentions that Nagash was hitting him with attacks that should have one shotted him but the chaos gods were directly intervening and protecting Archaon from all the sorcerous attacks.
>>
>>48049433
>even then the battle Vs Archaon mentions that Nagash was hitting him with attacks that should have one shotted him but the chaos gods were directly intervening and protecting Archaon from all the sorcerous attacks.

So in game terms, Archaon is just really good at guessing which hand the die is in.
>>
>>48043290
Why is his right hand so tiny?
>>
>>48049428
>Later new characters will start worfing Archaon.

I can actually see this happening.

Need to convince kids a model is tough? Have it beat Archaon.
>>
>>48049351
>>48049428
>>48049551

AW BUT THEN IN NEXT WEEK'S WHITE DWARF THERE WILL BE LIKE, A NEW GUY, AND HIS LIKE POWERLEVEL WILL BE EVEN STRONGER

AND WE'LL NEED EVEN MORE FRIENDSHIP TO BEAT HIM

BUT THEN LIKE IT TURNS OUT HE WAS WORKING FOR SOME OTHER DUDE, WHO'S EVEN STRONGER, AND WE'LL NEED MORE FRIENDSHIP THAN EVER
>>
File: Archaon vs Nagash.png (251 KB, 830x875) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Nagash.png
251 KB, 830x875
>>48049433
Lets see what the fluff actually says.

The Gods might have shielded Archaon from the initial salvo of magic missiles but when the battle was joined it was Archaon himself who was dispelling Nagash's spells and parrying his strikes.
>>
I feel like the point value thing just reintroduced the issues 8th had with too many models....
>>
>>48049630
>being able to see possible futures and being able to perfectly counter everything everyone can throw at him
When will the Archaon wank end? Not only is he the best duelist capable of going toe to toe with gods, but he also has Eldrad level foresight and direct protection from the chaos gods. And people wonder why everyone hates this character, he sounds like something a 10 year old comes up with when he's trying to one up his friends OCs.
>your dude can kill my dude with god magic? nuh uh, my dude can see the future and will be able to counter the god magic, and also he is the best and destroyed a bunch of worlds, did i mention that before?

>Later new characters will start worfing Archaon.

I can't wait to see Archaon get his ass kicked, at this point i don't even care if its by an even cheesier character
>>
>>48049630
It also says the blows rained down upon him would have slayed any other warrior but he was favored by the gods, it also says even with the eye and all possible futures before him he could not destroy Nagash with steel or sorcery. He just bought time and distracted him enough so his army could close the noose and out number him (with several bloodthristers coming in to help).
>>
>>48049596
This is pretty much the reason I stopped liking cape comics. It's just the same thing over again and again in a feedback loop, and it just keeps getting worse by the cycle.
>>
>>48049747
>it also says even with the eye and all possible futures before him he could not destroy Nagash with steel or sorcery.

Yep, he cannot permanently kill Nagash but he can banish his black soul to the depths of Shyish again. In this case, he didn't need to do it because Archaon tactically checkmated Nagash.

>>48049735
He is the BBEG. He gets to be powerful and threatening especially when he has the power of all the Chaos Gods (except The Horned Rat because fuck him) flowing in him.
>>
>>48049735
Honestly, even as a long time Archaon fanboy, it is getting a bit much. I liked him a lot more when he was down-to-earth and just another dude. He was the powergamer minmaxer with all the endgame items, completed all the sidequests, and had a huge army, but was still a DUDE. Now he's twice as big as every other warrior of chaos, has a giant not-dragon and is the master of everyone.

Even his rules in WHFB were just overall more fun than his current ones. He was the best at everything. 1+/3+, every mark, 5 attacks at s5 ignoring armor, and could buff himself to 10 (!) attacks at the cost of stabbing some of his own guys. Now he's just a giant bulletmagnet that is better as a force multiplier than a duelist.
>>
File: Everchosen vs Nagash.png (4 MB, 1660x990) Image search: [Google]
Everchosen vs Nagash.png
4 MB, 1660x990
At this point one wonders who Nagash's hates more.

Archaon or Sigmar?
>>
File: The Nevermore vs The Ur-Death.png (7 MB, 3062x1028) Image search: [Google]
The Nevermore vs The Ur-Death.png
7 MB, 3062x1028
>>48049957
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeYUPRAWm9Q
>>
>>48049980
I really want to buy the plastic archaon just to make him into a respectable pose like this and not just "hey guy's did I miss anything"
>>
>>48049895
>Even his rules in WHFB were just overall more fun than his current ones

Yeah, this for sure. some things like Skrolk or Ikit klaw translate well enough.

AoS thanquol just walks forward and prays for a high number on his 2d6 mortal flamers. Powerful but very boring to witness and the reason i wouldn't buy/use him.
>>
>>48045499

As a fellow footfag I'd say they're pretty decent. Honestly, it's a small chance at least that art of Alarielle going for may have a small bonus depending on the artist.
>>
>>48050014
>respectable pose
he's using a regular sword when on a giant flying dragon

he's always going to look pretty derpy
>>
File: GB 27.png (5 MB, 1662x1080) Image search: [Google]
GB 27.png
5 MB, 1662x1080
>>48050057
The sword changes shape and length in the lore. (picture related).
>>
>>48050087
that doesn't make his model any less derp
>>
File: Future 3 (resize).png (2 MB, 1656x1080) Image search: [Google]
Future 3 (resize).png
2 MB, 1656x1080
>>48050087
And this fact makes some Archaon fights make sense. Having him do what's below using the sword regular size would be silly.

>Swooping from the skies came Archaon, hurling blasts of mutagenic fire. Dorghar roared in fierce blood lust as he raked his talons through the Stormcast Eternals, clawing an entire retinue of riders from their Dracoth steeds. Where a Dracothian Guard spurred his mount into a leap, blade outstretched, Archaon whipped the Slayer of Kings in a flaming arc to claim his head. Wherever bolts of celestial energy were launched toward the Everchosen, the amber glare of the Eye of Sheerian dissipated them in mid-air.

>Another crack of sky-splitting lightning struck, grounding this time not on the crescent isle, but on the immense chains that bound Ignax to its peaks. Three bolts of celestial energy were cast down. Such was their magnitude that many Stormcasts thought they were the fabled Great Bolts, most destructive of all Sigmar’s lightnings, but instead three gigantic Stardrakes materialised in their wake. Upon their throne-like saddles were Drakesworn Templars, each raising his lightning-wreathed weapon in salute. With a shout they arrowed as one towards Archaon.

>Their charge was intended to be synchronous, but Archaon was a consummate tactician as well as a legendary warrior. Unfazed by the searing heat of the godbeast above, Archaon met the Templars one by one as he winged through the white-hot flares curling from Ignax. Dorghar tore the first Stardrake from the skies in a welter of blood. The second swooped to pluck Archaon from his saddle, but the Everchosen swung aside and slit the celestial beast from belly to tail. The third was simply shorn in two.
>>
>>48050108
Can't you give him a spear or an elongated sword? You can justify it easily via the Sword's lore.
>>
>>48049957
Archaon, then Mannfred. Nagash has formally accepted sigmars terms for an alliance as if godbeasts and the latest audiobook
>>
>>48050057
He could be pointing it, holding it up and his shield in a "come at me" pose, even holding it skyward, posing has been god awful on some of the GW big kits lately.

Look at the celestant-prime. He's holding the fucking hammer of sigmar but puts 0 emphasis on it, just holding it to the side along with the comet staff.

Hell, the stardrake puts more emphasis on the random hammer#1234 than both archaon and the celestant prime, both who wield weapons of godlike power, relics of the old world.
>>
>>48050176
>Mannfred

But he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>48050131
See, lore like this makes me laugh.
>Hey guys! Look at these awesome new stardrake models! They're super fucking badass and can kick chaos' shit in!
>Just don't read the lore and see how they're complete bitches.
>>
>>48049957
Nagash is gonna team up with Sigmar, Skellie-Sigmarines confirmed, get hype.
>>
File: The Scourging of Vandus.png (196 KB, 834x824) Image search: [Google]
The Scourging of Vandus.png
196 KB, 834x824
>>48050248
>implying this isn't the inescapable fate of any who dare challenge the Master of Chaos.
>>
File: Archaon Everchosen.jpg (613 KB, 1217x2160) Image search: [Google]
Archaon Everchosen.jpg
613 KB, 1217x2160
>>48050332
>Lord-Celestant Vandus discorporated in terrible slow motion, his mutilated remains blazing with blue energies. Every vein, artery and organ was visible to the hosts below, glowing bright and unravelling as Azyr claimed its due.

>There was a collective moan of dismay and disbelief from the Hammers of Sigmar below; none could believe their blessed leader had been so violently slain. Above the cries of horror, Archaon laughed loud, his deep bass voice given the timbre of a dread storm by the raging magical energies of Kronus Peak. The Everchosen reached into the lightning that poured slowly from Vandus’ insubstantial corpse, letting the spirit-energies play over his fingers. Pink sparks leapt wherever Archaon’s touch threaded the stuff of the Lord-Celestant’s soul.

>A long moment passed, and those energies that had once been Vandus vanished into the aether. Another moment, and the Slayer of Kings took Calanax’s head from his neck in a burst of blinding white energy. Dorghar screamed in triumph, winging high to revel in his master’s supremacy.
>>
>>48050332
unless they're solar engines

Two solar engines and a chief for that +1 to hit will chump archaon nine times out of ten, even with his twenty wounds.
>>
>>48050248
Gorkamorka, sigmar, Nagash and the exalted champions of khorne, nurgle and tzeentch all got wrecked by Archaon, what makes you think their underlings would fare any better?
>>
>>48050248
>what is a special character
Do you even heroic/epic fantasy?
>>
>>48049957
Well, Sigmar totally fucked up Nagash's chance for total dominion in the previous setting by 2500 years and if Sigmar hadn't stopped Nagash then there is a pretty good chance Nagash could have curbed Chaos.
>>
>>48050388
>opponent plays archaon
>i use thunderquake starhost with 2 bastiladons

Every fucking time

They never learn
>>
So, when is Archaon going to get his shit kicked in?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 190x265
THE HORNED RAT!!!
>>
>>48050781
>not using archaon with as many harbingers of decay within 7 inches and stack a million layers of 5++ ward saves
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.