[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: AoS_G.jpg (338 KB, 1625x1057) Image search: [Google]
AoS_G.jpg
338 KB, 1625x1057
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

General's Handbook leak in progress edition.

Old thread:
>>47956205
>>
So any preliminary thoughts on Stormcasts at 1000 and 2000?
>>
How do i determine allegiance
>>
File: Order.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Order.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Order leaks
>>
Has the wanderers point value already leaked?
>>
>>47976498
>pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK
we need sylvaneth pictures leak
>>
File: ChaosDorfPoints.png (30 KB, 1140x440) Image search: [Google]
ChaosDorfPoints.png
30 KB, 1140x440
Does this look fair? points are SCGT x20, and min/maxes and roles are what I felt was appropriate.

>>47976544
If all of the models in your army contain that keyword.
>>
>>47976523
You can mix whatever within a grand alliance, if all your troops share the same keyword it sometimes allows you to take a different type of troop as battle lines, like if you take all Ironjawz you can take Brutes as a battle line, if you don't you have to take regular Black orcs or whatever.
>>
>>47976541
Look at your keywords.
>>
File: Chaos.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Chaos.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Chaos leaks
>>
So I went through all the leaks, but am I blind for missing the grey seer?
>>
>>47976579
Do now I can't use plague monks with T&B as a general
>>
File: Death & Destruction.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Death & Destruction.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Death leaks
>Destruction leaks
>>
Dear lord could someone bring me the names of the new Sylvaneth?!
>>
File: SkavenMonkOldBoxArt.png (3 MB, 1536x943) Image search: [Google]
SkavenMonkOldBoxArt.png
3 MB, 1536x943
>Clan Skryre EngineCoven: 200 points
>Clan Pestilens Congregation of filth: 60 points

TECH HERETIC FLEA-BITERS BTFO AGAIN

Where are your blasphemous machine-crutches now Tinker-Rats?
>>
>>47976498
So, how different are the point rule system to the old WHF?
>>
>>47976532
Lord-Castellants are super cheap and can still stack pseudo-Mystic Shield.
Prosecutors are cheap as chips and make nice filler.
Stardrakes are costed like woah.
Knight-Vexillor + Retributor shenanigans are still afoot.
Judicators make for easy AND useful battle line fulfilment.
>>
>>47976695
Heroes are:
Branchwych
Allarielle the Everqueen (Unique)
Drycha Hamadreth (Unique)
Spirit of Durthu? (Every other legacy unit are in their own section, so he must be getting some form of re-release)

New units:
Kurunoth Hunters
Spite Revenants
Tree-Revenants

Then they have fucking 15 battalions.
>>
Durthu 400... realy...
>>
>>47976695
>look for the order leaks right above
>click on the pdf
>scroll down to the third-to-last page
>open your fucking eyes and READ
Glad to be of help.
>>
>>47976695
Hello there anon! If you want the Sylvaneth model names and costs, you could just click >>47976553 here, then click the pretty picture, then scroll until page 9 and have a look-see.

Or you could also stop being such a gigantic faggot and find it out for your goddamn self.

But, where would the fun in that be, am I right?
>>
Never played AoS. How do the sub-factions work? IE, if i want to play some flesh eaters and regular skeletons, how does that work mechanically? Thanks.
>>
>>47976785
It's interesting that Spirit of Durthu isn't one-per-army.
>>
If I use thnquol as a general, I can't use plague monks or stormvermin as infantry? Waita ruin my entire fucking collection
>>
>>47976827
Considering he lets you set up new Wyldwoods and Wyldwoods are kind of absolutely essential for doing anything with this army, I find that cost fair. And a damage 6 sword is most definitely nothing to scoff at.
>>
>>47976854
Just take both, but be aware that some buffs might only affect some sub-factions.
>>
>>47976783
Very very different. Its a little more similar to 40k, but even then it's different enough
>>
>>47976898
Just throw in a few min size units of Clan rats and use them as objective blockers.
>>
>>47976898
And this is why people were skeptical about Matched Play. Have fun buying the Clanrats you never wanted, because those are the only unconditional Skaven Battleline.

>>47976857
He really isn't.. Wonder how they'll justify that in the Battletome.
>>
>>47976827
400 for an incredible Command Ability, powerful melee attack and general Treelord fuckery is totally fair.
>>
>>47976898
You can, they just aren't battleline units that way.
>>
>>47976906
you do not know what you're writing.
he is not a wizard..
for comparison take Manfred which crushes Durthu in one round
>>
>>47976954
>>47976898
Or you could just play anything but Matched. Y'know, like you used to, assuming you played in the first place. No-one's stopping you.
>>
>>47976957
lol now my lad...
>>
>>47976553
>no freeguild in leaks
i just wanted to know if my militia and hand gunners are battle line :(
>>
>>47976957
take manfred,engine of gods,greater demons
>>
>>47976854
In Open Play, you can play whatever you want. You want Skellies and Ghouls? Sure! Toss some Trolls in there too, nobody's stopping you! Just remember that lots of buffs use the Keyword system and thus cannot affect a cobbled together force.

In Matched Play, you have to first pick a Grand Alliance, in your case Death.

Then, you can decide to limit yourself to only Ghouls. That gives you a couple of bonuses, such as being able to use Elite units like Crypt Horrors for your required Battleline slots.
Or you can combine Skellies and Ghouls, at the cost of having to use more mediocre units as Battleline, such as bog-standard Skeleton Warriors and Crypt Ghouls.
>>
>>47976954
But I sold all my clanrats to go full pestilens... oh wait

I still can! Battle line plague monks 4tw

Whereas in 8th I still needed those clanrats to run a pestilens themed army. I'll take aos matched play over 8th anyday
>>
>>47976630

Grey Seer should be Masterclan, which I don't think was shown.

>>47976783

At a cursory glance the points for infantry look around the same as they were for Fantasy, difference now being that you have a maximum number of models you can take per unit.

Army composition is much more lenient in my opinion since it's akin to 40k where you only need one Leader and X Battleline units instead of Fantasy's needing a Lord/Hero, having to spend 25% of your points on Core, and needing three units besides your Lord/Hero.

I suppose the only thing that remains to be seen is whether maximum size units, minimum sized, or somewhere in between will be best.

>>47976785

Pretty sure you can build Durthu with the current kit.

>>47976954

To be fair, using Clanrats goes with the current lore. I can't recall any Clan besides Pestilens which had its own equivalent to Clanrats and not just some minor Clan allied to them.
>>
>>47976990
Check Durthu's Warscroll, smarty-pants. Durthu is no Wizard, yes. His Command, however, allows you to set up a new Wyldwood.
>>
Thank you for the preview.
No news for Moonclan ?
Thank
>>
>>47976990
I don't think you fully realise how strong being able to set up new Wyldwoods is for the Sylvaneth.
It basically makes most of their units (that we know of, who knows how the new ones will be effected), go from "decent" to "jesus fucking christ what did I do to deserve this" tier when they fight inside Sylvaneth Wyldwoods.

Also, what OTHER unit can change the terrain during the battle?
>>
>>47977076
perform a simulation combat with manfred or thundertusk noob kido
>>
Looking for some Fyreslayer advice, more specifically regarding armament for Vulkite & Hearthguard Berzerkers. Are there any equipment setups that are the no-brainer? If not, when do you take the different configurations?
>>
>>47977097
He'll be back later with more. Right now he's taking a break after taking a shit load of requested pictures and editing them all. It's tiring work
>>
>>47977106

Fyreslayer Runemaster can, can't he?
>>
>>47977106
not with the current number of models
maybe after new wave of figures
>>
>>47977053
Quoting this shit like gospel

Fucking hated needing to pad out my force with clanrats / SV OR run the expensive as fuck Skrolk just for Plague monk troops. I wanted to like Skrolk, but he was always too costly on the field.

Conversely I've been enjoying Pestilens battletome a bunch, and we pretty much just got better with matched, our points are cheap, as in our Verminlord.
>>
>>47977106
noooo xD
Sylvaneth is army with no shooting
>>
>>47976990
>Mannfred comes close
>Durthu shits a Wyldwood right between them and runs into it
>Durthu now has a 2+ save, d3+3 elite attacks with a D6 R-2 weapon and can just evacuate to any other Wyldwood on the table if things don't go his way.
>>
>>47977106
Well technically there's that Battalion that allows Retributors to wreck scenery. Which will probably be used a lot as soon as Durthu gets his rerelease to stop just this sort of fuckery.

But yeah. Outside Wyldwoods Sylvaneth are okay at best. Inside Wyldwoods, they can tear anything a new asshole.
>>
>>47977053
What's your general?
>>
>>47977152
I think he just makes the piece of terrain do damage to people. He is really useful against Sylvaneth because of that, really.
>>
>>47977128
>combat stats describe the only worth a unit has
>summoning something that helps your entire army is worse than dealing lots of damage
>summoning something on the other side of the table that allows your monsters to teleport into it is worse than dealing lots of damage

wew lad
>>
>>47977186
the first charge and Durthu is dead.first spells irresistible,Mannfred attack in melee It has two times more move so he can even cast spells and run away
>>
from the other thread,.

reading points now.
Bllodreavers: 60 points 10
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
OH MY FUCKING GOD
CHEESE FOR THE CHEESE GOD
im already seeing huge blobs of these guys roaming the table
and it is a good thing indeed!
Srsly, points are making sense so far.
Have nurgle demons already been leaked? and pestilence?
>>
>>47977267
for the army of shooters is not a problem boy
you are feeble general Youthful xD
>>
>>47977130
Vulkites use either dual axes or pick and slingshield. Axe and slingshield is useless.
Hearthguard Berzerkers like the Poleaxes more as they can deal Mortal Wounds easily.
Also, since GW decided options within a unit are free, taking the throwing axes is a no-brainer as it adds (a tiny bit of) extra damage at no cost.
>>
I have thanquol and I have pestilens start collecting. What do? I can't return either.
>>
>>47977128
Alright. On perfectly average rolls if Durthu goes first (which he will since he can pick his battles) and is near a Wyldwood (which he *always* will be) Mannfred is dead before Durthu even gets to use the Impaling Talon, just from lamentations and Elder Wrath alone. 1.33 damage from Lamentations, reduced to 0.33 from the armor, plus 11.11 from the sword (and a potential 0.46 plus impalement from the talon), all after saves.
Now what?
>>
>>47977254
Right now it's a plague furnace. I based the plague priest separate so he could ride on the furnace or go on foot for smaller games
>>
File: meftV0q.gif (1 MB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
meftV0q.gif
1 MB, 800x533
>>47977312
>see opponent bring 100 bloodreavers
>summon stegadon with flamethrower, bastiladon with ark of sotek, and kroxigors
>>
>>47977319
Are you on drugs, m8?

And what part of "they can place a forest in your face, teleport into it then punch you from inside said forest" implies I want to shoot you?
>>
>>47977312
We have the chaos leaks right up there. Why don't you use your eyes?
>>
>>47977371
Use both? It's a good selection.
>>
>>47977419
So do you have much success with pure pestilens? Especially without a corruptor
>>
http://imgur.com/a/HQNJ4
Gonna finish this quick, sorting all of it is your job anons
>>
>>47977416
It does not attack the first is less move... omg
>>
>olblood on carnosaur
>or scarvet on carnosaur + salamander/razordon

Seems like a nobrainer, scarvet every time
>>
>>47977455
I can't use monks as a line then :( and I want 40.
>>
>>47977429
can teleport the woods in front of you
>>
>>47977425
>tfw Ark of Sotek targets units not models
>tfw having one inside 2 50-man units of Bloodreavers still only gives the Ark a 33% chance of doing damage
>tfw you realize the flamethrower-Stegadon is shit at literally everything else and nobody would build a big kit for such a niche purpose
>tfw you realize Kroxigors wading into that tide won't survive long enough to swing
If that's your grand plan I'm not particularly worried.
>>
>>47977482
no he can't
>>
>>47977493
Stegadon with sunfire throwers is niche but extremely powerful against swarms of units

Good luck killing my 1+ Save Saurus Guard with no -2 Rend weapons lmao
>>
>>47977425
Instead, charge them with a troglodon and a warriors/knights unit and enjoy them running like little bitches after the first battleround.

i LOVE points so far, reading em all right now and I love how expensive warmachines are(and they also take a behemot slot too).

Standard battle is 2000 for points, or is it 1000? 2000 is going to have too mucyh shit on the table for beign standard.
>>
>>47977183
>>47977319
>>47977461
>>47977482
Seriously m80. Go to bed, sober up and then have a look at the bullshit you're posting.
>>
>>47977477
Run Thanqoul in non points games and your Pestis in Point ones, what's so hard about that?
>>
File: zSkrolk.jpg (34 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
zSkrolk.jpg
34 KB, 600x620
>>47977371
Accept the Great Corruptor as the one true path to glory and go full Pestilens, get a scond unit of plague monks and forget Thanquol

Or keep Thanquol and purchase one box of clanrats and split it, 2 10 man units are Battleline and make the army legal, probably the better option.

>>47977456
Monks are strong when backed up by a furnace and have censers / plagueclaws to support them, Pestilens is all synergy, a Verminlord is helpful but not needed.

This does make me realize GW lied about legacy shit as Lord Skrolk has no mention, no points, and as such not usable.
>>
>>47977460
Sweet, thanks again.

>Tomb Kings get Battleline chariots
Sweeeeeet.
>>
>>47977461
Of course it will.
A. It can pick it's battle. If the charge seems ill-advised it can just teleport away. Leaving Manny sitting in the middle of nowhere.
B. Order has a relic now that let's the model carring it automatically attack before all other melee attacks are made. Guess what *every* Durthu will be carrying?
>>
>>47977538
Matched Play can only be played at are 1000, 2000, and 2500 (presumably 2500+) points. No other sizes are supported.
>>
>>47977558
I guess. But what do I use in place thanquol and storm fiends for pest?
>>
>>47977534
>Good luck killing my 1+ Save Saurus Guard with no -2 Rend weapons lmao
Second Rule of One: A roll of 1 To Hit, To Wound or To Save is always considered a failure, regardless of modifiers.
If we're playing Matched Play, this here is in effect. And if you think your effectively 2+ Save will protect you from 400 attacks, then you are sorely mistaken.
>>
>>47977538
>how expensive warmachines are(and they also take a behemot slot too)
Which do you mean? ofc broken as fuck ones like the hellcannon are expensive, but as a whole they're cheaper than SCGT, and they saw play a lot there.
>>
>>47977477
Grab 2 shitty squads of clanrats. They're 120 pts total and still can gum up charge lanes and make a nuisance of themselves.
>>
Any pics of the regular orc point costs

Also, if my army has ANY non ironjaw stuff in it, I cant use brutes/ardboyz as battleline?
>>
>>47977538
I feel like it'll be 2k. 1k seems rather small-ish for my tastes.
>>
>>47977460
http://imgur.com/a/6wZPX
>>
>>47977564
>This does make me realize GW lied about legacy shit as Lord Skrolk has no mention, no points, and as such not usable
Wrong. Legacy and new warscrolls are simply in different places in the book. For example, Brayherd and Beastmen are two seperate lists. So, Legacy Skaven Heroes haven't been posted. So yes, Skrolk is likely in there, he just hasn't been leaked yet.
>>
>>47977546
Sylvaneth will lose to every army with good firing.
Sylvaneth have no shooting this is the tactical problem.There is much cheaper heroes and monsters who are better like Mannfred,thandertusk,engine etc.
Durthu has a small range of move
you will not display a lot of forests for logistical reasons unless you're have car especially for forest
>>
>>47977564
I'm guessing I should use a cong of filth with two 30 man units of monks. Then have a few claws and censors for support?
>>
>>47977584
then it can outmaneuver shooting and magic
>>
>>47977538
>>47977658
1000 is fairly close in scale to what most clubs I know of have been playing for general games, 2000 is probably gonna be the one Comp goes to because it'll have a wider flexibility but desu I think they should have had it at 750 for a skirmish and 1500 points for a full battle.
>>
>>47977625
well, you can play either a warmachine or a behemot. 4 slots total(if i understood correctly), that is a HUGE cripple.
Otherwise, 180 points for a lighting warp cannon...are not enough.
But still better than wounds count that is the standard in every store in my area.
Fuck wounds.
>>47977564
skrok model is now labeled as "plague priest with plague censer", so that's probably it.
>>
>>47977604
>If we're playing Matched Play, this here is in effect. And if you think your effectively 2+ Save will protect you from 400 attacks, then you are sorely mistaken.
It absolutely will.

Bloodreavers are 4+/4+ which means only 25% in 4 attacks will get pass through as an unsaved wound, or about 100 wounds to save.

A 2+ save means 83 wounds get saved, or only 17 wounds get dealt for every 400 attacks.

But wait there's more

Skink priest nearby can allow the Guard to reroll Saves. 14 of those 17 will get saved on the reroll.

Your 400 attacks did 3 damage. Great job buddy
>>
>>47977669
Anon delivers. Godspeed, you absolute madman.
>>
>>47977727
Well we could say be became a verminlord after the end times
>>
>>47977727
> you can play either a warmachine or a behemot. 4 slots total
That's not how it works anon, it's 4 artillery AND 4 behemoths at 2000 points. Stuff like the steam tank look like they are favoring being behemoths, so you can still bring a signifigant amount of shooting.
>>
>>47977669
http://imgur.com/a/kKmsi
>>
>>47977777
Witnessed
>>
>>47977686
I have not really looked into adding up points just yet, that sounds more than enough for a large game, as we only have 6 units yeah taking one of each at least is good.

I'll be running the Virulent horde, and definitely the Plaguesmog for that sweet -1 to hit and damage buff.

I want to add in Gutter-runners in bigger games but it seems i'll have to edit things and consider what is my battle-line

>>47977727
No i mean Skrolk in his original PDF format, GW said they would give points to brets and TK, i assumed old characters would also be playable

We are also missing the original PDF battalions.

And those that come in boxes such as the Virulent Procession
>>
>>47977726
1.5k would be kinda ideal, I agree. We'll see, I guess, but when in doubt my fingers are crossed for the bigger format. I can barely squeeze any stormcast models into 1k.
>>
File: charts.jpg (665 KB, 1823x1429) Image search: [Google]
charts.jpg
665 KB, 1823x1429
>>47977669
>>
So AoS is getting an official point-buy system? Is it gonna be free? I'm really not into AoS but I'm legit curious. It would be nice if someone could fill me in on the latest big news.
>>
>>47977797
Nice thanks based anon
>>
>>47977804
Quints? I've never even had fucking trips in a decade on this site.
>>
>>47977726
>>47977658

1000 looks fine for a standard battle imho. In my area standard battles were from 30 to 60 wounds, 1k points allow you to field a lot more things. 2k looks like the kind of game that takes 2+ hours to be played.
>>47977796
My bad then. Still, in 1k games I guess its going to be 1-2 warmachines. hell, that makes a whole world of difference.
2k is HUGE.
>>
File: fucking last one.jpg (1 MB, 1759x2405) Image search: [Google]
fucking last one.jpg
1 MB, 1759x2405
>>47977842
Im done!
I missed some photos on first few pages of matched play. You will have to survive.

Have fun all
>>
>>47977797
>all death armies get a 6 to ignore wounds if they are near a hero

Well that's just fucking stupid overpowered bullshit
>>
>>47977797
>Death armies now have 5++ saves on everything in range of their heroes
Am... am I reading this right? Tell me I'm not reading this right.
>>
>>47977797
Ahh, I've been waiting for these. Time to get stuck in!
>>
>>47977903
Many, many thanks, anon. We're all grateful for your actions.
>>
>>47977669
>http://imgur.com/a/6wZPX
>Waywatchers and Gladeriders are battleline

Fuck yea, Woodland Ambush themed army a go
>>
>>47977913
>it becomes a 5+ with a command trait

lol
>>
>>47977681
>Sylvaneth have no shooting
One of the new units is a ranged unit. Tree people with bows.
>>
>>47977920
>http://imgur.com/a/kKmsi
>Ruler of the Night does not limit to the General's bublle and has no range limitation.
I...this...yeah, looks like you're right.
And I thought giving Nagash Master of Black Arts for a +8 to casting was powerful...
>>
>you get 1 artefact
>you get 1 more artefact for each Warscroll Battallion you include

That's fucking neat
>>
>>47977896
>1000 looks fine for a standard battle imho. In my area standard battles were from 30 to 60 wounds, 1k points allow you to field a lot more things. 2k looks like the kind of game that takes 2+ hours to be played.
Yeah, Like I said, I probably would have gone 750 for small scale battle plan types games and then 1500 for Comp
>>
>>47977913
>it's actually a 5++
Sure, why the hell not. Need to compensate for neutering summons, I guess.
>>
>>47977797
These are amazing, but REALLY hurt any army that plans on taking alliegence of a specific faction since they give up command, artefacts, and faction ability.
>>
Hopefuly GW will start shitting out new warscrolls that are on par with Generals Handbook idea. Also I hope they wont come up with another idea before finishing this one
>>
Did anyone catch the Cockatrice points? might be blind, but i don't see it among Chaos mortals
>>
File: aos-warscroll-wightking-en.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-wightking-en.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47977920
>>47978008
>>47978038
>>47978065
Does it stack with the Wight King's banner?

>>47978084
But you can have an army of Thundertusks in return.
>>
>>47977755
Shall we count the things that can go wrong with this?
>Skink Priest's prayer only works on 4+
>Skink Priest has only 4 Wounds, so a single Skull Cannon shot will probably kill it off the board
>Mortal Wounds will kill your Saurus Guard with absolutely zero regard to your super awesome Save
>Saurus Guard units are capped at 20 models, so without the prayer rerolls it only takes one turn for that unit to crumble, even with Bravery 12
>Warshrines grant my Bloodreavers full rerolls To Hit
>Bloodstoker grants my Bloodreavers rerolls of 1s To Wound
>Aspiring Deathbringer, Dark Feast and Bloodsecrator all buff their attack count.
At peak conditions, said 100 Bloodreavers deal 36.46 Wounds to your 2+ Save Saurus Guard. Taking Battleshock into account, this easily kills two capped-at-20 units of them.
And this is just me buffing the shittiest infantry I have. If I toss actual Elite units like Skullreapers at your Saurus Guard, they fold near-instantly, because Skullreapers bring Mortal Wounds into melee. Lots of them, too.
>>
>>47978123
I mean you could go 3 thundertusk 3 stonehorn in SCGT and that didn't win the event. You'd be giving up a lot of advantages so I think that would be fair.

I heard of alliegences for each army though? like ironjaws flesheaters ect. Looks like a way to make sure people stuck to their theme and said fuck old legacy scrolls because allegiance.
>>
>>47978123
Yes, The Wightking's banner triggers after a model is killed, the death one when the wound is dealt.
>>
>>47978127
>Whiney Seraphon players finally getting BTFO with points
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
>>47978123
>Does it stack with the Wight King's banner?
The way that is worded makes me think yes. Man, I'm sure as fuck not gonna play against death armies in matched play, I'll tell you that.
>>
>>47977854
It's not free, but the book including everything is only 25 burger bucks
>>
>>47978127
>he still thinks bloodreavers can even scratch Saurus Guard

lol

Go play an actual game bud
>>
Does anyone have the link for orcs/goblins point costs? I use night gobbos but I couldn't see them here!
>>
>>47978306
So they made free game rules but they aren't really free?
Good fucking job GW. I'm angry again, and about a game I don't even play.
Ok, thanks anyway man. Don't take it personally. I'm just really bitter about JewDubs.
>>
>>47978418
Base game rules are all free, book is only needed for competitive shit, I think they also said the points will be added to warscrolls going forward.
>>
>>47978418
All the rules are free. You can 100% play a game without buying a book.

Want fluff? pay
Want batallions? pay
Want points? pay
Want variety in fluffy missions? pay

It makes sense. I with 40k would switch to a similar system. Buy the codex for points but you can get the rules for free, so you don't have to turn to pdfs to find out what a different army does.
>>
Being a sad twat, I went through and made a list of all the Battleline units. Enjoy. Yes, I've almost certainly missed something.

ORDER
• Bleakswords (Darkling Covens)
• Darkshards (Darkling Covens)
• Dreadspears (Darkling Covens)
• Knights Errant (Brettonia)
• Knights of the Realm (Brettonia)
• Men-at-arms (Brettonia)
• Warriors (Dispossed)
• Longbeards (Dispossed)
• Freeguild Archers (Freeguild)
• Freeguild Crossbowmen (Freeguild)
• Freeguild Guard (Freeguild)
• Freeguild Handgunners (Freeguild)
• Vulkite Beserkers (Fyreslayers)
• Saurus Warriors (Serephon)
• Skinks (Serephon)
• Dryads (Slyvaneth)
• Judicators (Stormcast Eternals)
• Liberators (Stormcast Eternals)
• Glade Riders (Wanderers)
• Waywatchers (Wanderers)
• Elyrian Reavers (High Elves)
• High Elf Spearmen (High Elves)
• Silver Helms (High Elves)

CHAOS
• Gors (Brayherds)
• Ungors (Brayherds)
• Chaos Marauders (Slaves to Darkness)
• Chaos Warriors (Slaves to Darkness)
• Blood Warriors (Khorne Bloodbound)
• Bloodreavers (Khorne Bloodbound)
• Clanrats (Clans Verminus)
• Bloodletters (Daemons of Khorne)
• Plaguebearers (Daemons of Nurgle)
• Daemonettes (Daemons of Slaanesh)
• Pink Horrors (Daemons of Tzeentch)

DEATH
• Zombies (Deadwalkers)
• Crypt Ghouls (Flesh Eaters)
• Skeleton Warriors (Deathrattle)
• Skelton Chariots (Tomb Kings)
• Skeleton Horsemen (Tomb Kings)
• Skeleton Warriors (Tomb Kings)

DESTRUCTION
• Orruks (Greenskinz)
• Savage Orruks (Bonesplitterz)
• Ogors (Gutbusters)
• Grots (Gitmob)
• Grots (Moonclan)
>>
Thanks based anon. Now, i know I have faced with my 1k force players with 2 times or even 3 times my points.
And I even won sometimes.
HELL YEAH, POINTS ARE COMING MUDDAFUCKAS
>>47978418
>I'm angry again, and about a game I don't even play.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>47978457
also, they said they going to add the points to the warscrolls for free, in the future.
And also every gw store will have a copy to read for free.
>>
>>47978358
>he actually thinks mathhammer-results will hold up in reality

>Go play an actual game bud
I have and have gotten through Saurus Guard with fucking Nurglings, never mind shit that can actually deal damage like Bloodreavers
>>
And the ones that are only Battleline if you stick to a keyword and/or take a certain general.

ORDER
• Auric Hearthguard (Fyreslayers)
• Hearthguard Beserkers (Fyreslayers)
• Swordmaster (Eldritch Council)
• Flagellants (Devoted of Sigmar)
• Saurus Guard (Seraphon)
• Saurus Knights (Seraphon)
• Phoenix Guard (Phoenix Temple)
• Black Ark Corsairs (Scourge Privateers)
• Tree Revenants (Slyvaneth)
• Dark Riders (Shadowblades)
• Witch Aelves (Daughters of Khaine)
• Shadow Warriors (Swifthawk Agents)
• Dragon Blades (Order Draconis)
• Drakespawn Knights (Order Serpentis)
• Sisters of the Watch (Wanderers)
• Wildwood Rangers (Wanderers)

CHAOS
• Ungor Raiders (Brayherds)
• Bullgors (Warherd)
• Marauder Horsemens (Slaves to Darkness)
• Chaos Knights (Slaves to Darkness)
• Dragon Ogres (Dragon Ogre)
• Varenguard (Everchosen)
• Mighty Skullcrushers (Khorne Bloodbound)
• Giant Rats (Moulder)
• Plague Monks (Pestilens)
• Plague Censer Bearers (Pestilens)
• Skyre Acolytes (Skyre)
• Stormfiends (Skyre)
• Bloodcrushers (Daemons of Khorne)
• Flesh Hounds (Daemons of Khorne)
• Burning Chariots (Daemons of Tzeentch)

DEATH
• Crypt Horrors (Flesh Eaters)
• Crypt Flayers (Flesh Eaters)
• Black Knights (Deathrattle)
• Skeleton Archers (Tomb Kings)
• Spirit Hosts (Nighthaunt)
• Blood Knights (Soulblight)
• Morghast Archai (Deathlords)
• Morghast Harbingers (Deathlords)

DESTRUCTION
• Orruk boarboyz (Greenskinz)
• Savage Boarboyz (Bonesplitterz)
• Savage Maniaks (Bonesplitterz)
• Grot Wolf Riders (Gitmob)
• Grot Spider Riders (Spiderfang)
• Frost Sabres (Beastclaw)
• Icefall Yhetees (Beastclaw)
• Mounfangs (Beastclaw)
• Ardboyz (Ironjawz)
• Brutes (Ironjawz)
• Gore-gruntas (Ironjaws)

Could someone that's not incompetent dump this stuff in a pastebin or on 1d4chan or something?
>>
>>47977797
>Rampaging Destroyer
>Ravager
Now all my ogres move faster than fucking cavalry, i.e. 9" at the very worst and 14" at best.
(8+3d6)" threat bubble on Ironguts? Sure, why the hell not.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 539x960
>Sigmarines on Baby Dragons can never be Battleline
>Dragon Ogors are
>mfw
>>
File: Keeper_of_Secrets_Empire.jpg (88 KB, 704x700) Image search: [Google]
Keeper_of_Secrets_Empire.jpg
88 KB, 704x700
Hello people.
I'm a 40k guy, but I have some Daemons and I wanted to play some AoS.

The very few dudes that plays it in my LGS told me to wait for the points cost... which I guess they arrived. >>47976629

I have a couple of questions.
First, that Daemon Cohorts are basically the formations? Why is there a cost in points? Do you pay for formations in AoS?

Is the Slaaneshi one worth it?
Seems fluffy, and I like fluffy.

I have no idea of what is good and what is not, and most importantly what is fun to play and what is not.
Is there some Slaaneshi daemon/unit I should avoid?

I need to know for deciding what to paint (I want to play AoS as a personal reward for painting my daemons).
>>
>>47978457
To me it looks like you have to pay for teh real game and the free rules are only a demo. I don't share your opinion but I don't want to clog the thread with angry shitposting and ranting, so I'll simply leave.
>>47978478
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
What the fuck man
> they said they going to add the points to the warscrolls for free, in the future
Okay, that is cool.
>>
>>47977797
So how will everyone be playing artefacts and Command traits? Roll for them or pick? It really sucks for minor factions with few non-named heroes, since the little guys have to be the general and stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 600x620
>>47977564
Bruh, my local store only runs ogors, seraphon, and undead (the kind with small units). My skaven have just lost all ability to combat this shit.
>>
>named characters cant get artefacts or command traits

b
a
s
e
d
>>
>>47978471
>>47978504
Oh, if you're wondering why the flying fuck I did this: I suspect the issue of core tax is going to come up a fair bit in the next few days, so I wanted to see how restrictive the Battleline choices actually are. In my opinion: not very (although Order and Chaos do do considerably better than Death and Destruction).
>>
>>47977797
Uhm, I might be just reading this wrong, but this explanation of Allegiance reads kinda like you don't have to keep to one Grand Alliance so long as you don't mind giving up Relics and Command Traits.

If so, yay, I can even play my Soulcast Ethereals in Matched Play at the cost of being hopelessly outclassed by anyone with access to Command Traits and Artifacts.
>>
Pretty bummed about the cost of night goblin fanatics. 30 points for a single 1 wound model that has a chance of killing itself?
>>
File: Fyreslayers.jpg (894 KB, 2402x1386) Image search: [Google]
Fyreslayers.jpg
894 KB, 2402x1386
>>47976553
Don't forget to add Fyreslayers to this when you update it.
>>
>>47977460
What happened to the Gutbuster warscroll battalion?
>>
File: Ironjawz.jpg (51 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
Ironjawz.jpg
51 KB, 1200x600
>>47976672
And similarly, here's Ironjawz to go into this pdf, which I don't think Based Leakanon has bothered to repost (becuase why would he?).
>>
>>47978560
>so I'll simply leave.
thanks. Don't come back.

>>47978589
>My skaven have just lost all ability to combat this shit.
How?
Monks are extremely cheap right now and they can deal a hell lot of attacks and damage for literally pennies.
>>
>>47978603
Problem is you need to dedicate the entire army to one ideal just to unlock a single mainline. How will a Dragon Ogor force even work? just Dragon Ogors led by a shaggoth?

And it seems this kind of restricts Skaven to sticking with one clan, even though really they ally a lot in the fluff. Unless it's possible to get more than one allegiance and i'm missing it.
>>
>>47978539
Yes, formations in AoS cost points (which is something 40k desperatly needs). Slaanesh stuff is generally pretty good. Pretty flimsy but fast, tricksy and with a lot of punch. There aren't really any stinkers in the unit selection here, though I haven't had an in-depth look at their costs yet.
Also, welcome to AoS, mate.
>>
>>47978567
Definitely pick. The most infuriating part of 40k for me was having to roll again and again for my warlord trait even though I knew what sort of guy I was playing. Now I can finally pick. And I'll definitely be picking the one that lets me give a Chaos unit better Hit rolls. Blightkings hitting on 2+ rerollable and every 5+ makes D6 hits? Oh yes please.

>>47978594
Named characters not getting Command Traits will probably mean most named characters are now worse than generic equivalents.
>>
>>47978674
It looks like >>47978606 might have it right, you could just use a Skaven Allegiance (Which seems pointless at this time) or Chaos Allegiance, but if you have some undead then you don't get any allegiance.
>>
>>47978594
>>47978731
This really sucks for armies that rely on named characters and have limited options to powerful generic characters on mounts like the stardrake.
>>
>>47978761
Which would be...?
>>
>>47978471

'ppreciate you sad anon
>>
>>47978674
Yes you are. You can simply pick ALL OF CHAOS as your Allegiance. Or just SKAVEN. All this means is that you will have to use Clanrats as Battleline. There, 20 Clanrats in, now you can use your remaining points for Stormvermin, Plague Monks and Stormfiends.

But if you limit yourself to a single Clan, you get other Battleline units, such as Stormfiends for Skryre. Doesn't mean you can't use Stormfiends otherwise, but they can't be your Battleline choices.
>>
Gordrak is 700?!
He is alright
But when u think iron gates have no shooting and slow infantry
Thought they would make their normals cheaper

Ps what's the deal with units with no role? Or only a role in the notes, can u not take them outside of a full bone splitter army eg.?
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 588x176) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12 KB, 588x176
I just realised I can't do what I planned and do this plus a Heraldor because that's 40 points over, arse.

What should I swap out?

I was trying to be cheap and just roll with a slightly added to starter box but those Paladin retributors sure eat a chunk of my point budget.
>>
>>47978916
*ironjaws
>>
>>47978731
>Named characters not getting Command Traits will probably mean most named characters are now worse than generic equivalents.
Which named characters have generic equivalents?
>>
>>47978916
Its easy
you must take at least one leader
You must take the minimum battleline units
You must follow the restriction on behemots, leaders and warmachines(for example, 02 in 1k point games)
And you can spend whats left in WHATEVER you want.

Btw, where's the chamber extremis? cant find anywhere on imgur
>>
Why are the Order artefacts and trait so bad compared to Death?

I havent even looked at Destruction or Chaos yet
>>
>>47977363

>Also, since GW decided options within a unit are free

I feel like this was a good decision since even if there are options that are immediately better (And there likely are) it doesn't penalize you for taking something different because you think it's cooler.

For example, Plasma Pistols are mostly worthless in 40k because no one wants to pay 15pts for a single short ranged S7 shot.

>>47977460

Only being to field nine Gaunt Summoners is a nice touch. Curious if the points costs somewhat soothes the cost of Varanguard.
>>
>>47978973
Death got the best stuff for their heroes, they're playing into the idea that death is a faction where the heroes are the ones that matter and everything else is just an extension of their power.
>>
>>47978916
Gordrakk is kinda janky, yeah.
That said, Rampaging Destroyer + Ravager on your general. Now all your dudes move their Move+d6+2, provided you spread your heroes around a little.
>>
>>47978100

It's under Chaos Monsters
>>
>>47978916
No role means they cannot take them as mandatory units but they don't count toward Leader, Behemoth or Artillery caps either.
And the reason for Gordrakk being so high up, that's because of his Command, which can win you the game on its own. An entire Warscroll Battalion can charge with 3D6 discarding none and then gets +2 attacks on all their melee weapons. Combine this with a Beastclaw Avalanche or one of the bigger Ironjawz Battalions and you won the game.
>but it's one-use only
Can still win you the game if you use it at the right time

>>47978941
Gutrot Spume/Lord of Plagues
Gordrakk/Megaboss on Mawkrusha
Isabella, Vlad, Conrad/Vampire Lord
Araloth/Glade Lord
Azhag/Warboss on Wyvern
lots of other Legacy Heroes
>>
>>47978981
The Anointed on a Phoenix should cost more than just a Phoenix. Adding another melee weapon, a command ability, and a 4+ invuln save is too good to be a free upgrade.
>>
>>47979141
Bad example. They're different entries and do cost more in addition to the Anointed on it making it cut into your Leader cap.
But for example a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon's shield, which makes the model infinitely better, is completely free.
>>
>>47978935
Take one of the leftover paladins from the box you'll need to buy and build him with a hammer and a swird from the Liberators. You now have a Lord-Celestant on foot. That saves you 120 pts, which allows you to take the heraldor and upgrade one squad of liberators into judicators, giving you some desperatly needed ranged punch.
>>
File: 1421944848011.jpg (36 KB, 242x361) Image search: [Google]
1421944848011.jpg
36 KB, 242x361
Someone pointed it out, but Drycha is a big girl now.
>>
>>47977460
>battleline varanguard
IT BEGINS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Still no leak on extremis chamber and tomb kings?
>>
File: image.png (403 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
image.png
403 KB, 400x484
I like the red guys
>>
>>47979336
It's pretty fair since you can get what, 15 varanguard and a guant summoner or something in 2k points? That's extremely underwhelming. You can't even use archaon with minimum varanguard battleline.
>>
Does Rampaging Destroyers allow me to move my units out of combat and then charge again later that turn?
>>
There's supposedly Sylvaneth model leaks floating out there with a few podcasters - when will you folks get your hands on them?
>>
>>47979384
>not the blue guys

smdh
>>
>>47979412
In a 2000pt game you can run archaon (700) and 3 units of Varanguard (360 * 3 = 1080) and have 220 points left over
>>
>>47978973
Eh, the quicksilver potion is a nice fuck-you on a large model like a stardrake and a regen effect is never not welcome. Kind of a bummer that all the weapons are melee-only, but I guess a Knight-Venator with more Rend or Damage would be kinda disgusting.
Strategic Genius can be be pretty decent in scenario play, but otherwise the traits are fairly vanilla.
>>
>>47979498
You need 4 battleline units in 2k points.
>>
>>47979498
thats not a lot of stuff. with 2k units i can field so many plague monks it will take 1 hour just to set them up. An elite only army like that can be strong but will need a good general to work, because it can get easily outmanuvered and beaten to death by armies with a lot more units/models on the field.
>>
Nope, 3+ in a 2000 game
>>
>>47979542
jk It's 3+, It bothers me how it doesn't scale linearly
>>
Slaves to Dorkness 1k
Lord on daemonic mount - 140
Sorceror lord - 140
BL-5 knights - 200
BL-10 warriors (halberd, shields) - 180
3 chariots - 240
100 pts left. I have a spawn I can use, or can run 5 marauder horse maybe. Want to keep the lord on daemonic mount as I'm using the old archaon for it. Do I really need the Sorceror ? Any advice ?

Also, did I miss the tzeentch sycamore points ?
>>
So still no wanderer point leak?
>>
>>47979490
>Liking Blue
>When Green is better
>>
>>47979652
>>47979337
Are you people blind, lazy or stupid?
>>
I don't know. It seems like 1000 points isn't enough to fit in basics, but 2000 is too much.
>>
>>47979697
Noone is stopping you from playing other point values anon.
>>
>>47979697
I tentatively agree there. 1k seems to be too small to really get going, but for some armies 2k would end up with hundreds of models...
>>
>>47978731
>will probably mean most named characters are now worse than generic equivalents.
As it should be. I've always thought named should be inferior to generic
>>
>>47979632
It's good practice to have a wizard in your army, IMO. I'd go with the spawn instead of the marauders, since you already have a lot of fast units (Knight/chariots)
>>
>>47979678
I've went through this entire thread looking for it.
>>
>>47979632
definetely one mage. A single mystic shield+cover can render your warriors really tough to kill.
>>
>>47979744
>>47979697

House rule it to 1500 points and 3 battle lines
>>
>>47979762
If I go that way I could drop either hero and grab another unit or warriors maybe. Or 30 marauders. Will think on it. Is a big unit of 3 chaos chariots likely to survive till it can charge ? Haven't actually played a proper game.

To thread-Would love to see some more lists so I know what I might be up against.

Also I meant arcanites not sycamores, damned lord of change betrayed me. By Lord of change I mean auto correct.
>>
>saurus warriors cost 1/2 of saurus guard
Now will finally the bitching of seraphons about how useless warriors are stop?
>>47979678
Look troughout both old and new thread.
No tomb kings or extremis.
>>
>>47979892
>Now will finally the bitching of seraphons about how useless warriors are stop?
Yes because now there is actually a reason to use Warriors
>>
Pestilens 1k

-1 plague furnace
-20 plague monks
-20 plague monks
-cong of filth
-5 plague censor bearers
-2 plague claws
>>
>>47979908
don't underestimate seras players.
they will ALWAS find a reason to bitch about.
>>47979931
I don't really like plagueclaws. One shot per claw menas only 2 shots 3+3+, and they take 360 points.
Fuck em, with those points you can take 40 plague monks-or even better, a verminlord to buff your monks.
>>
>>47979977
Against larger groups, they shred
>>
I was a bit worried at first that the Bastiladon was 300pt but seeing the costs of other war machines makes me feel good about Seraphon

It's a shame the battle trait, command trait, and artefacts are all so underwhelming for Seraphon heroes.
>>
So I noticed the Dwarf Miners don't have a points value. Anyone know why?
>>
>>47980078
They have to mine the points first
>>
>>47980049
Still really hit and miss, and 2 is a fucking mega points drain. i agree with
>>47979977

I say go one for support, and if you need more just say fuck it and go full Foul-Rain, dedicate to an artillery build.

Also reminder that 20 monks in a Filth Congregation will lose their reroll charges when one dies, that's why i plan to go at least 30 maybe full 40 for my units. i want to keep that reroll.
>>
>>47980049
they do 2d6 damage each, but...
you still have to hit
you still have to wound
and the enemy can still save
And you have only 2 attacks
Too unreliable for me, i used to field one but eventually stopped.
Average 1k game will last for an average of 4 turns. That makes only 8 attacks troughout the WHOLE game. And that's only if the opponent doesn't smash one before the game ends.
They are good-but i prefer to go out with old classic swarm list.
>>47980255
nice ideas. i don't know their battalions to I always field them vanilla.
The good thing the claw does-even when not hitting anything-is that its a giant treath on the board. Its an imposing presence that will make your opponents hide his big units into cover or force him to go all out aggressive against it. Either way, it will force a reaction. Its great too to sponge ranged wounds. 4+during shooting phase+1 for cover(because you WILL field it in cover)is not bad at all.
>>
>>47980255
Yeaahhhh, I saw that and was like "fuck it". By taking out a claw, I can bump each unit to 30. Or should I add more censor bearers?
>>
>>47980327
Id go for more monks.
Monks are probably one of the most performing units I have.
They can deal a LOT of wounds-3 rerollable attacks on the charge, rerolling wounds thanks to either plague furnace or plague priest, with the ability to deal mortal wounds both in the attack and in the defence.
They are amazing, their only drawback is the lack of save but, meh, there are always a lot more to replace them from where they come from.
>>
>>47979292
How did she survive the End Times?
>>
File: skaven plague censer.png (1 MB, 524x1484) Image search: [Google]
skaven plague censer.png
1 MB, 524x1484
>>47980327
Dunno, this idea of having unit blocks 5, 10, 15 etc is weird. I used to use 6-13 Censers for fluff reasons and fun.

But now i'm feeling 5 is too small and shitty, yet 10 is too easily wipied out for a supposed 'elite' thing with rend damage weapons

I used the Plaguesmog before to great success, now it's only 80 pts. decent.

Having a furnace the enemy cannot remove with small arms fire and even warmachines will fuck up on a 5+ to hit. plus when it hits home the censer aura is finally decent.

Vanilla non-formation censer bearer fumes is fucking shite. 4+ just to deal 1 mortal wound is crap, really i'm not too happy with how they designed Censers in AoS, but they can be devastating if they survive the walk across the field
>>
>>47980379
So should I even bother with the cong of filth then? Could axe the other claw for 15 more censer bearers
>>
>>47980417
If I went plaguesmog, I'd do 2 units of 15
>>
>>47980531
I'll probably convert some more, maybe make a project for it.

One thought i had for now is given how useful a -1 to hit Furnace is i'm going to try just the bare minimum Plaguesmog with 2 5 man censers.

They can support, counter-charge, block flank attacks they can let the enemy waste fire on them and probably die. Whatever they achieve the furnace will stand strong
>>
Always been a Skaven fan, but the numbers of models required for WHFB put me off. Maybe AoS is the time to start 'em.
>>
>>47980593
Hmmm. So does the furnace stay in back and buff or does it go up front?
>>
File: Skaven council.png (197 KB, 380x402) Image search: [Google]
Skaven council.png
197 KB, 380x402
>>47980327
>I can bump each unit to 30.

>10 Monks = 70 pts
>30 monks = 210
>2X 30 monks = 420 blaze it

It's the way to go. The Horned Rat wills it.
>>
I'm not sure I'm getting this alliegance thing right. Say I have am Order Serpentis army, I get two alliegance: Order and Order Serpentis. To play them legally I need two Battleline units, so I pick the Order Serpentis alliegance to turn my Drakenspawn Knights into Battleline units. Do I still get the Order special skill? And Battle Trait and Artefact?
>>
Just made a quick list, nurgle-blessed.
-980 points
Lord of plagues(general)-100
30x plague monks-210
10x plaguebearers-100
10x plaguebearers-100
3x plague drones-220
plague priest-80
-5x blightkings 180
Hoiw does it look? the plague priest will hide into the plague monks to buff their to wound attacks, while the blighkings will roam around hitting anything that moves. Plaguebearers will capture the objectives and stay chill.
The lack of rend will be a bit of a problem tho.
>>
Bloodbound seem surprisingly engaging and complex, for a Khorne army.
>>
I know this sounds dumb, but can 1 unit be in 2 seperate battalions?
>>
>>47980852
No, because you now have an Order Serpentis allegiance so you no longer get the benefits of the Order allegiance which is the skill, trait, and artifact.
>>
>>47980947
No, unless the battalion specifically says it is allowed
>>
>>47980888
nice trips.
Well, kinda.
They have a lot of dedicated units and they will work purely on sinergy, but they feel and play like khrone: you move as fast as you can and you charge everything that moves.

They are really fun tho. My favourite are the wraithmongers. Throw them at your enemy behemots and enjoy not only 4 attacks each, but also the behemot killing himself.
>>47980947
no.
>>
>>47980965

Oh man, 8 is even Khorne's number. I think my destiny is clear.
>>
File: Skavenblight scramblers.jpg (399 KB, 2368x2266) Image search: [Google]
Skavenblight scramblers.jpg
399 KB, 2368x2266
>>47980713
>Hmmm. So does the furnace stay in back and buff or does it go up front?

Full throttle forward

A quick idea i had, cramming 2 battalions into one army. (Unless there is a limit on how many battalions you can form?)

>Congregation of filth
Furnace - 220
30 monks X2 - 420
>PlagueSmog
5 Censers X2 - 120
Furnace - 220
>---980 total. 2+ leaders + several Battlelines

Make the Plaguesmog furnace the general. Censers do their thing, block, die, etc. both hoards of monks push the two furnaces, each block rerolls the charge, mounted priests buff everywhere they can, all monks enjoy a 6+ save whilst the Filth furnace lives.

Not the most balanced army, but it's a fun idea in a 1k game.
>>
>>47980961
I thought it worked as allegiance for traits and artifacts then keyword for determining battle line units ? Would be stupid to lock out traits unless you're going multi-key word.
>>
>>47979292
how big are we talking
>>
>>47980998
just go for it bro. Khorne is pleased.
Wityh the points bloodbounds now rely very hard(rightously)on bloodreavers. Add a bloodsecrator and/or a warshrine, a unit of warmongers and enjoy your 4/5 attacks(with the right hero wich name i don't remember-I think its the aspiring hero).
>>
>>47981009
Jesus Christ man. You just built my army. For larger games add artillery?
>>
>>47981009
You forgot to include the 140 points of battalion costs
>>
>>47981147
FUCK

Oh that's fucking lame, i certainly did. I am obviously not used to the idea of paying for a formation. I mean i love it, and i hate it.

Well, going to have to drop the monks down to 20 each. that's shitty as i want to avoid such numbers for the charge rerolls as i stated before. But can't be helped.
>>
>>47981147
Okay well GW are honestly retarded for not including a 1500 pts system, how they could think 1k jumping to 2k is a good idea is beyond me.

But 1.5k will blatantly be the first house-rule that everyone suggests, things like this where you squeeze 2 battalions into one army will have to be for those games. Obviously add in a Verminlord, more monks, or something to reach 1500

Real shame though, it looked so perfect at 1k.
>>
>skink handlers bought separately from their cannons
I was hoping they'd make them traditional warmachine crew. It's not like they're exceptionally powerful.
>>
>>47981502
There's nothing traditional about Seraphon artillery units though

Having one group of 3 Handlers lets you buff multiple nearby units. They also move fairly quickly at 8" per turn, making it easy to move them to the right position to e.g. fire Salamanders immediately after summoning them.
>>
>>47981502
Yup. Just add a verminlord and 10 monks to each unit. Does the VL become the general? Or should there be some plague claws for a 1.5k?
>>
File: 2016-06-26 18.43.00.jpg (597 KB, 942x928) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-26 18.43.00.jpg
597 KB, 942x928
Posting my wip megaboss
>>
File: 2016-06-26 18.43.30.jpg (649 KB, 942x928) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-26 18.43.30.jpg
649 KB, 942x928
>>47981768
and his fat back
>>
>>47981413
Yup. Just add a verminlord and 10 monks to each unit. Does the VL become the general? Or should there be some plague claws for a 1.5k?
>>
>>47981616
Might as well be, gives him 2 command options, his command ability is fucking baller, 4 attacks each monks will wreck the shop.

>>47981789
I love the checkers on his axe, i'd much rather see that on both sides, i felt the flames were kinda weak.

Overall good job, i like that sun icon on the bracer, and Red/yellow is a cool idea.
>>
>>47981768
>>47981789
Looks neato.
I'dd just add some more shadows on the red-glazes of black in the most recessed areas would be great.
>>
>>47981835
Can I still have both instruments with both standards in a single unit?
>>
>>47981913
Mmhm. Nothing to stop us from doing this, yet. I think Monks are quite unique in this way

The Bringer of the word champion must pick between two items though. i prefer the scroll.

it's worth noting the minimum unit size has changed from 5 to 10, this doesn't really help or hinder us, but it is interesting
>>
>>47981994
Yeah, I also do the scroll
>>
File: 1466992949726-1571353950.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
1466992949726-1571353950.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
Hey AoS general, r8 my budget mounted Wight King conversion. It's made from the scraps of a Restless dead battalion box, but the general idea is that of a Wight King rising out of the ground, held aloft by a horde of weapons and skeletons.
>>
File: 1466993094152-1531509531.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
1466993094152-1531509531.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>47982113
From the front
>>
Im having so much fun listbuilding 1k lists with my models.
in fantasy I was restricted to 1 list at best-now I can experiment with a lot of stuff, since almost all my shit is viable.
>>47982113
>>47982130
Its amazing bro.
Just, you should have glued the pieces to the base AFTER putting and painting flock. Painting the flock is going to be hellish.
>>
File: 14669931700932100786081.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
14669931700932100786081.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
>>47982130
Otherside

Overall, I think it might be a little cluttered around the bottom, but since its basically a skeleton riding a bunch of other skeletons, it kinda works
>>
>>47978626
where are the goblin points costs? my net is working slow and i cant load pictures right now
>>
>>47982265
grots are 60 points for 20
THATS AS MANY AS 2 TENS
With lances, a mage and a boss in units of 40 they are absolutely unstoppable.
>>
>>47976672
Like i give a fuuuuuck!
>>
>>47980416

I vaguely recall something about Alarielle planting seeds from The-World-That-Was, maybe that is how. Another possibility is that she survived in a similar way to other characters.

Alternatively it's not really her and Drycha has become some kind of ceremonial name. Kind of doubt it though.

A bit funny if she really comes back though because in the End Times she teamed up with Belakor and Hellebron to attack Alarielle and Malekith.

>>47981023

She is a Behomoth, so I'm guessing around the size of Alarielle's new model or a Treelord.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.