[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Ignax and Archaon.jpg (378 KB, 1364x1072) Image search: [Google]
Ignax and Archaon.jpg
378 KB, 1364x1072
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Beauty and the beast edition

>Point system for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48002664
>>
I need the english Sylvaneth warscrolls!
>>
FAQs are live!
>>
3rd for kroak being too expensive
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 312x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 312x472
I am really curious about those artifacts. Hopefully there's some form of magic acorn to produce more wyldwoods.
>>
>>48021974
Fuck those are turning out great.

Haven't seen sculpted hoods work as well as these before.. Got a tutorial?

They look great.
>>
>>48022788
For what?
>>
>>48022788
The facebook ones?
>>
new death releases when?
>>
>>48022902
Yeah, I miss in the new (french) warscrolls some Wyldwood shenanigans.

>>48022915
>>48022919
Come on guys...
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
>>
>>48022960
Hrmm, looking over those, I can't find anything that wasn't in the facebook release. Still, some good stuff in there. The stonehorn clarification is still bonkers, though.
>>
>>48023053
I think the last few are new. But I'm not sure.The ones that say the requirements for battalions are keywords. This is huge!
>>
>>48022653
Best case scenario: They'll relase a free pdf.
likely scenario: They'll put it at the back of a new campaign book.
Worst case scenario: They'll sell them on the AoS App.
>>
Battletome: Skaven Skryre when?
>>
>>48023131
Why would you need a battletome?
You already have formations on the chaos one and they're really powerful.
>>
>>48023194
I want lore and art and shit.
>>
>>48022902
>have to buy army books again
BRAVO GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>48023194
It'd also mean a chance to get new shit. Globadiers and Jezzails really need new models.
>>
>>48023253
>have to
>>
File: ab5PPWO_460sa_v3.gif (723 KB, 398x300) Image search: [Google]
ab5PPWO_460sa_v3.gif
723 KB, 398x300
>Q: Some very short models, such as Goblins, are not able to attack models onflying stands, as the distance between the two models exceeds the range of the smaller model weapon. Is there any wayfar the smaller model to attack in such a situation?
A: No - it will need to find some scenery upon which to stand in order to reach the flying model.
Likewise, the flying model would be unable to attack those small
models unable to reach it, should its melee weapon not have the range to do so.

lol
>>
>>48023253
If you want batallions you already need the individual books, so this is neither new nor unexpected.
>>
>>48023253
At least you don't have to buy a $124 rulebook as well.

That said, they've been doing a lot of this "You can either buy the book for $X, or buy individual portions of the content for $Y", so you can sort of pick and choose what content you pay for.

For example, you could buy the Flesh Eater Court's battletome and use the battalions in it, or you could just buy the battalions you want for like $2.50 each if you don't care about the rest of the content.

It feels like a better system to me, and you don't -need- to buy whatever the fuck Sylvaneth book is coming out to play the game, which is a step forward.
>>
>claim for months that points are unnecessary
>bring back points anyways

Jesus...
>>
>>48023333
>whines because gw says points are unnecessary
>whines because gw brought back points
Jesus...
>>
>>48022902
I hope they'll do some update for the older battletomes, but it's good for future releases.
>>
>>48023333
It's to appease the people who wanted points and have been yelling for it. A lot of us have been having fun with comps, battle plans and just eyeballing it.
>inb4 5 Nagashes
>>
>>48023333
>I hate having options
>>
>>48023401
>AoS is awesome because you don't need points!
>they bring back points

>AoS is awesome because all rules are free and online!
>they bring back rule books

And retards still defend this.
>>
Is there any way to merge units ? Say I have 15 daemonettes and my other unit has 5, can I merge them together to make a 20 strong unit and get the bonuses? I'm worried with the mandatory battle line units that I'm gonna have to actually run big blobs of 30 Daemonettes which will run me 720 points ish.
>>
>>48023415
You can still play without
>>
>>48023417
No, you can't. THat said, I'd just talk to my opponent about this, I'd be fine with merging two battleline units pre-game.
>>
https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/review-generals-handbook-campaign-pack/

Review of the Generals Handbook plus details on the Summer Campaign.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 747x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 747x1000
More Sylvaneth.
>>
>>48023417
No, you can't. The only unit I know that can do this is zombies as they have a sepcial rule for it.

There is, however, no reason to not move them together, they just won't get any of the benefits of having the larger number, as well as still have to treat them as two units for combat, spells, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 747x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 747x1000
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 808x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 808x1000
This model literally cannot come fast enough.
>>
File: img_4286.jpg (110 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
img_4286.jpg
110 KB, 780x585
This looks like some WoW expansion.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 813x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 813x1000
Three boxes are a minimum, one er weapon type.

Also, those quiver beetles are adorable. I have a feeling Sylvaneth will be a hit with female players.
>>
>>48023529
AoS certainly is colourful.
>>
Ok, so I've been looking at points and I'm a little saddened. I run a weird chariot list, and it's not gonna be matched play legal. I don't know what I ought to add for it to be battleline.

The list -
Leaders:
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Bloodstoker(80)
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot(200)
Lord on Daemonic Mount(140)

No Type:
Gorebeast Chariot x2 (200)
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch(160)

That's 1,040 points so already too big for a 1k point game - I'll probably end up going for 1.5k which means 3+ battleline. What the hell would fit in my list? The tactic is to shit out mortal wounds with Bloab's unique spell and wounding in multiple phases and to move fast and hit hard.

I'm tempted to use Tzaangors because I have some lying around but we don't have the points for those. I'm looking for fast units that hit moderately hard with a bonus of being able to wound in multiple phases. Failing that something cheap would be good.
>>
>>48022906
I'm pretty new to sculpting, I just made a thin rectangle and roughly pushed it into the right shape then went over it with a bit more moisture to smooth it out. I think the shape of the warriors armour helped a lot to guide me.

I used a 50/50 mix of greenstuff and milliput, seemed to work really nicely. Either would do though. Just remember to account for gravity, the hood pools at the bottom. They take about an hour each just to readjust them a bunch of times to get it right. I'm really no expert so it'd be better to google probably.
>>
>>48023529
This looks like bad fanart.
>>
>>48023533
>quiver beetles are adorible
I second this
>Sylvaneth will be a hit with female players
Good, nice change from the typical dudes in their 20s and 30s (with the odd oldtimer around).
>>
>>48023569
Why not just take MSU marauder horsemen with javelins? They're speedy, cheap and can cause damage in two phases.
>>
Hey, what did mortal Khorne warriors look like before AOS?
>>
>>48023646
CLANRATS MORE CLANRATS YES YES MORE CLANRATS
>>
>>48023569
1.5k isn't an official points value tho, the next one is 2k with 3+ battleline. You'd have a bit more leeway with your list their too.

I have similar problems getting 1000 pts lists for my dark elf stuff going. I could get some decent 2000 pts lists going but I don't quite have all the stuff I'd need for that. Everything just seems a little to expansive and the battleline stuff creates a lot of issues in 1k pts.

For my Slaaneshi daemons on the other hand I could easily make some good 1k lists. Seems like for some armies playing at that low point level is simply too restrictive.
>>
>>48023652
Warriors of chaos, except red.
>>
>>48023619
I doubt theirs gonna be a new influx of female players because of the slyvaneth. Just that curent female players will potentially go for them.
>>
>>48023646
It's not quite fully Slaves to Darkness tho :( otherwise that would work super well
>>
>>48023701
That's what I meant to say, yeah.
>>
>>48023683
I think at 2k having 3 blobs of 20-30 Daemonettes is ideal, but that's basically 1k points by itself.
>>
>>48023763
>back to 60-90 core units
Thanks GW
>>
>>48023763
As I said, making lists for Slaaneshi stuff is easy. Everything is pretty cheap, considering how fast it moves and hard it hits. Haven't really looked into making a 2k list for them since most of the guys at my store seem to prefer playing smaller games.
Which is my problem with the dark aelves, since everything costs so much and almost nothing has decent rend. I really can't seem to figure out how to make a decent 1k list that could deal with Stormcasts or similar stuff.
>>
>>48023773
I think it's just for Daemonettes, getting an extra attack on a 5+ instead of 6+ seems worth it? Or maybe I should take 1 unit of Daemonettes, 2 units of Plaguebearers to hold objectives and be the anvil as it were.
>>
File: Cl_FilyWQAEFXsD[1].jpg (135 KB, 764x796) Image search: [Google]
Cl_FilyWQAEFXsD[1].jpg
135 KB, 764x796
>>
File: CmECflMXIAAcJpV[1].jpg (90 KB, 773x517) Image search: [Google]
CmECflMXIAAcJpV[1].jpg
90 KB, 773x517
>>48023828
>>
File: CmECfo_WMAAmW77[1].jpg (78 KB, 769x515) Image search: [Google]
CmECfo_WMAAmW77[1].jpg
78 KB, 769x515
>>48023836
>>
File: CmECfyCXEAAWPXF[1].jpg (72 KB, 772x519) Image search: [Google]
CmECfyCXEAAWPXF[1].jpg
72 KB, 772x519
>>48023845
>>
>>48023822
Gors/Ungors as chaff ? Seem pretty fast. It's a crying shame warhounds aren't battleline, I dunno why you would ever take them.
>>
>>48023828
Holy shit that Talon of Dwindling. 4 Attacks, and if you just wound them with it once, you can instantly kill a multiwound model.
>>
>>48023894
A wound in AoS is after all saves of any kind.
So a passed to wound roll isn't enough.

Still damn strong.
>>
>>48023836
these guys are real winners

both in model and rules.
>>
>>48023194

Same reason that Pestilens have one?

>New miniatures. Most Skryre stuff is either old or only available via the IoB that is no longer available.
>New traits and artifacts?
>Extra formations?
>>
>>48023333
>>48023415

being this butthurt about nobody playing your 9th age fanfiction bullshit. Face it the Generals Handbook is the final nail into the Fantasy coffin.
>>
>>48023919
I know, I didn't imply any different. Unlike other, similar attacks though, she has 4 chances, which makes her getting at least one through the enemies saves pretty likely.
>>
>>48023931
Could a pestes army stand up to a sorted army?
>>
>>48024172
*skryre
>>
>>48023815
Yeah, some army concepts seem hard to pull off without decent/cheap battle-lines to back them up
>>
File: Lord Kroak versus Vermalanx.jpg (846 KB, 1116x2310) Image search: [Google]
Lord Kroak versus Vermalanx.jpg
846 KB, 1116x2310
>>48022843
Kroak is a joke m8
>>
how the fuck is the new model bitch alarielle, its fucking ariel
what the fuck GW you incompetent cucks kys
>>
>>48024393
Badly ended, 7/10 it's encouraging.
>>
>>48023415
i must say, i am anoyed at them not putting the points stuff online, for free, i just hope the books will be cheap (ha who am i kidding.. its GW..)
>>
>>48024570
Book is like $25 I think, bretty cheap
>>
>>48024212
You know, that's got me thinking- Are there female Skaven in AoS?
>>
>>48024727
You don't want the answer to that question. Trust me.
>>
>>48024727
Not in the TT but I think in the lore. Although it could be WHF lore
>>
>>48024727
in WHF lore they were large monstrous creatures made only for breeding. That's what normal Skaven called them Breeders.
Their entire life is spent birthing new Skaven in the 1000s.

>They are large, indolent and only semi-intelligent...
>>
>>48023854
holy fucking sheeet.
This things can wrack the shit out of mob units. if the enemy doesn't shield their unit in combat with these from bravey test, they are literally terrifying.
>>
>>48024734
>>48024768
>>48024835
Sorry, I meant intelligent female skaven. I knew about the giant breeder ones, but is there a possibility for a female Skaven character?
>>
>>48024903
no
now fuck off dumbass
>>
File: 1329927184060.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1329927184060.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
Hey guys, i could do with your help in understanding Age of Sigmar as i have been out of the loop of games workshop for several years. Last i played was fantasy 6th edition i think it was and 40k 6th or 7th. Should i forget all that i know about fantasy that i knew? Like the turn format, movement distances and stats? As i understand it this is to be taken as a completely different game?

Is this game played like previous warhammer or is it now entirely scenarios that you play? I see that now they are adding a points system which is kind of why i am interested.

I'm particularly interested in the uruks but i don't understand if these are renamed orcs and goblins, a faction of orcs and goblins, or something entirely different?

I don't really know where to start, if i should be buying the warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins book and the uroks book or if i can just get the latest one?

I got tired of 40k's constant supplements, needing the rulebook, supplements, codex and sometimes white dwarfs to get all the rules for a game. Is this similar in that regard? It appears that way as an outsider, i see lots of books such as "order of destruction" which appears to be orcs but there is also an urok book?

I apologise if these questions are retarded, im struggling to understand where to begin. Should i be buying the age of sigmar base game with the chaos and sigmarines for the rules even though i intend on possibly starting with the orcs?

Quite lost.
>>
>>48023828
Them amphorae. That rule is incredible. I mean, most of the time, the healing will be the best result you can hope for as 30" is a real fucking high range and thanks to that little "you can choose a result lower than the one you rolled" that means you can ALWAYS heal if you want. Ergo, Ally heals 2D3 Wounds a turn. Good luck getting rid of her. Never mind the new magic lore probably including all the buffs I'm missing in this army so far. Though I'm still absolutely unimpressed by her wonky Command Ability. I mean, compare Ghyran's Wrath to Voice of Gork and weep.
And also the Talon of the Dwindling. Jeez. Now I know why its profile looks so underwhelming at first glance. It's basically a supercharged Impaling Talon.

>>48023836
A bit disappointed with that reroll Saves thing because I'd been hoping it would work against shooting too, but that means in melee they can rip anything to shreds while being all but unkillable without Rend.

>>48023845
Much better than I thought they would be. Rerolling 1 dice per phase is great. Dice to run, one dice to charge, one dice in melee, the battleshock dice, a save in the enemy shooting phase. Oh yes. And the bitchin-looking musicians are incredibly useful too.

>>48023854
So these are mostly for palling around with Drycha and for fucking enemy Bravery over. I still think they're overcosted as all hell, but a small squad to play havoc with the enemy Battleshock results will probably be pretty useful.
>>
>>48024932
Rules are online for free, the units stats are different from WHFB and are all in a PDF, points will be in a $25 book.

There are grand alliances with all Greenskins and Ogres making up Destruction and you can mix and match within those - I would pick up some models you like and paint those. Don't get the starter set unless you need the models. You get scenarios to play from books generally though there are free ones floating about and everything is in the OP pastebin
>>
File: It's not even that great.jpg (739 KB, 1771x1868) Image search: [Google]
It's not even that great.jpg
739 KB, 1771x1868
OGRE TIME:
>Tyrant 160
>Butcher 140
>3 Ogors 120
>3 Ogors 120
>6 Ironguts 440
>Total: 980

I'll write the 20 pts off as Ogretax.
Super standard n boring, but it should get the job done.
>>
>>48024932
>I'm particularly interested in the uruks but i don't understand if these are renamed orcs and goblins, a faction of orcs and goblins, or something entirely different?
they are renamed orcs and goblins
>if i should be buying the warhammer fantasy orcs and goblins book and the uroks book or if i can just get the latest one?
the rules for old whf minis in aos are online for free , however a few of those models have been discontinued by now , and while they will be included in the point book i doubt they'll recieve much support after that , if you want to start with them i'dd recommend the grand alliance : destruction book

you shouldn't really be buying the starter set , the base rules are online for free
>>
>>48024037
you underestimate the butthurt stubborness of the 9th age converts.

that being said, the game is doomed to fail because the players are ex-whfb players, and very little new blood will be fed into it to keep it alive.

i expect kow will continue to dominate as the 'spiritual successor to whfb'
>>
fighting chaos warriors of nurgle tomorrow, I will bring slaanesh (warriora/demons/beastmen)
what should I take?
>>
>>48024932
Okay, no problem. I'll try to give the cliffnotes version.
The game is still Warhammer and the rule are a mash-up of Fantasy and 40k. Moving, shooting, charging and attacking will all not seem new to you. You can still place your old models on movement trays which is highly recommended for big infantry units as shoving them along one by one is tedious.

'The game can be played as a simple kill em all game, but the scenarios add much more depth to the gameplay as they force you to rethink your tactic all the time (e.g. being the attacker in a rescue mission doesn't mash well with a pure stand-and-shoot tactic).
Orruks are simply the new copyright-friendly name for Orcs, whereas Grots are the new Goblins. Basically, what you remember as Orcs, Feral Orcs and Black Orcs are now all Orruks, but divided into the factions Greenskinz, Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz.

To start off, go the the GW page and download the rules and the Orcs and Goblins Warscroll Compendium. There's a specific book for Ironjawz out, but that is unnecessary to actually play the game. It's mostly for lore and Battalions but the core rules are 100% free.

The points will come out in a few weeks in the General's Handbook, for which we're hyped as hell as it has something for every taste (free play, narrative play and matched play, the latter having the points).

Again, you need to buy absolutely zero books. The rule sheet is free online, all the unit rules are free online.
The current books come in three basic flavors, which I'll explain in the next post.
>>
>>48024903
no, like there will be no female space marines.

a century of breeding and evolution ensures that the males are the warriors/thinkers, and the females are the breeders.

the skaven are badguys. a xenophobic selfish greedy inherently evil race of cowards. you really want equal representation on the tabletop? It would be like getting pissed that in ww2 games no jews or blacks are among the numbers of nazi troops. the bigotry is part of their character

oddly enough, i keep hearing that a favorite among female warhammer players are skaven and lizardmen. interesting.
>>
>>48024911
Are you sure? I was told in the WHFB general that there might be some exceptions. I was planning to start a small Clan Eshin army, and I thought the idea of a female greyseer might be a cool addition. Surely, with the insanity of Chaos, its possible right?
>>
>>48025162
If you want to do it just do it. Nobody would be able to tell anyway.
>>
>>48025144

>Grand Alliance books, which are basically printed versions of the unit rules. If you're planning on printing out full-colored Warscrolls, just get the relevant GA books, it's cheaper that way. These are great value.
>Battletomes, which are basically Codizes, with all the unit rules, lore, paint schemes, showcases and formations. These are not mandatory, but great if you love a specific faction. As AoS is very new however, there aren't all that many out yet. Doesn't mean the other factions don't exist, but they haven't had their place to shine in the fluff yet
>finally, campaign books, current one is titled The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts. As AoS is a very new setting, these books tell the story that is currently unfolding, since WHFB players kept complaining their story never advances, this one here constantly does. The books all contain lots of lore and current events, interspersed with scenarios so that you can play these battles or ones similar to them, but again these are not mandatory.

Hope this sort of helped you.
>>
>>48025162
Anything is possible in this fantasy game of make-believe, sure.

But it's also fucking red flag neckbeard tier. You'll be in the same boat as anyone who converts female hive tyrants, or plays sisters, etc.

It just screams 'that guy' who can't leave his fetishes behind when gaming

>>48025045
So Irongutz are 220 for 3 of 'em? Mm, seems fair enough. looks good, i'd fight it.
>>
>>48025162
see
>>48025151
>>
>>48025045
Seems nice enough, I guess, but forgoing the additional 2" move from Ravager seems really painful.
>>
>>48025045
I like. It's a mean combination you've got going and seeing Bragg be useful again warms my heart. However, do remember that it hinges heavily on your Tyrant surviving, which savvy players will wish to avoid. You might want to make your Butcher into the un-named Skrag and give him that cauldron for that sweet sweet regeneration chance so that he may keep your Tyrant alive longer.
>>
>>48025217
Bah, Ogors don't need that as much as Ironjawz. They have 6" Move already, unlike the painful 4" the Brutes have to work with.
>>
>>48025023
>>48025081
>>48025144
>>48025187

Thank you guys, i appreciate your replies. I'll get downloading the rules and buy a box of these iron fellas to get painting. I loved my 40k orks and i just want an excuse to paint some green skins.

Going to try and get my friends to try give this a chance but they are not fans of gw after the whole introduction of AoS, i don't mind much. I love the new models and i would enjoy a game of scenarios instead of the usual min maxing waac that my friends would play 40k like.

Your info has helped alot, ty.
>>
>>48025217
Yeah, I think the trait might be a bit of a waste but its not supposed to be super duper serious. I just like the idea of the Tyrant being an absolute super murderer.

>>48025244
Yeah I already had the not-Skrag planned, seems like it's generally the better option to me.

One idea I've been throwing around in my head is taking away 3 of the ironguts and switching them for 6 more Ogors so I have more meat on the table.
So:
>Tyrant 160
>Butcher 140
>6 Ogors 240
>6 Ogors 240
>3 Ironguts 220
>total: 1000

Would give me a bigger presence and allows me to spread out if the need arises but since Ironguts are sooooooooooo gooooooooooood I'm not sure which is better.
>>
File: 1464549831277.gif (2 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1464549831277.gif
2 MB, 640x350
Trying to put together a good blightkings list using the points you guys got any suggestions?
>>
First attempt at Blood bound. It makes use of the Dark Feast Battalion to buff the Blood reavers even more on top of the Bloodsecrator and the Bloodstroker.

The Khorgraths and Skullcrushers are there to intercept, cannon bait, and flank guard as the 50 Bloodreavers grind the foe to dust. What do you guys think?

1000pts
Hero:
Bloodsecrator 120pts
Slaughterpriest 100pts
BloodStroker 80pts

Core:
20 Blood Reavers 120pts
20 Blood Reavers 120pts
10 Blood Reavers 60pts

Non Core:
3 Khorgraths 240pts
3 Mighty Skullcrushers 160pts
>>
AOS General, how do I into minipainting. I wanna start with AOS minis, is there an army that's good for learning with or no?
>>
>>48025684
If you want to get the battalion bonus you need to pay the 100 pts for it.
>>
>>48025703
wip general is also a great place to ask for beginning.

but mostly watch warhammer TV's painting videos
>>
>>48025703
sigmarines are large relatively flat surfaces
though generally you'll want to pick the army whose fluff/look you like the most
painting was surprisingly enough relatively easy for me when i started
>>
>>48025684
>BloodStroker

>Stroker

You sure this isn't a Slaanesh list?
>>
>>48025703
The Stormcast are pretty easy to paint, but no army is all that difficult to do when you commit to it.

What armies are you interested in?
>>
>>48025684
So what's the deal with this bloodreaver hype? just stack all the khorne buffs and hope the weight of attacks pulls through?

I Feel bravery is going to fuck this army hard, the reavers start to flee, and Korgoraths in units are totally vulnerable to fleeing, a huge loss.
>>
>>48025770
I was thinking some of the newer slyvan guys, though their models that leaked look overdesigned as fuck.

At the moment, the skaven and stormcast seem the most interesting
>>
>>48025777
Read the Dark Feast, an extra attack for every reaver and immunity to battleshock, throw in the Bloodsecrator and you have fearless 3 attack models for 6 points a model with rerolls, making them one of the most efficient swarm models in the game. 40-50 of them are actually hard to handle at 1000pts honestly.
>>
>>48025777
I mean Khorne has the best force multipliers period. Bloodreavers are a bit meh I would personally go for Bloodletters or Warriors tho.
>>
>>48025722
Oh right, I guess the Skullcrushers will go away and the 10 man unit bumps to 20 then.
>>
>>48025045
Now that I think about it, it doesn't say One Use Only or Contains Only Two Swigs, so you can keep chugging that shit?
With a nearby Butcher refuling the Wounds that swould actually work for a while, right?
>>
>>48025836
>and immunity to battleshock

I hate how they just repeated 40k's fucked leadership system all over again. Half the armies are bravery 10, half are just fearless for various reasons, and most things don't even give a shit or are single models anyway. Plus the command trait anyone can use

They had four stats to work with and one of them is pointless save for a handful of armies
>>
What sort of stuff are my Skaven brethren considering for matched play? You're stuck taking clan rats for battleline, but you can still mix clans by declaring Skaven as your allegiance right?
>>
File: gutterunner1.jpg (82 KB, 257x232) Image search: [Google]
gutterunner1.jpg
82 KB, 257x232
>>48025162

Get your furry shit out of here man.

How are you going to distinguish her as a female?

You gonna give her 12 tits? Skip it and convert yourself a badass assassin instead. The Skaven from Silver Tower are a nice start.
>>
With the Lord of Plagues, can I use Grandfather's Gift to bestow Nurgle's Rot on an enemy unit? The rules don't specify a command ability has to be on a friendly unit.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-lord-of-plagues-en.pdf
>>
>>48023533
>that BANKAI ginger treekin

I intend to convert the new trees into shadow elementals for my ((dark elf)) army.
>>
>>48025824
Ok, when I said no army is difficult to paint I lied. They can be a bit tricky, but a little practice and it will not be as bad.

A lot of it is honestly down to knowing what wash to use, and what parts to drybrush, and what parts to try and carefully paint.

Here is GWs guide on how to paint the Treelord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD3TO7_y6Zs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSA7yq4vmEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AmdcUtWVvo
>>
File: Skpurdo.jpg (147 KB, 902x648) Image search: [Google]
Skpurdo.jpg
147 KB, 902x648
>>48025989
>Not accepting the Great Corrupter as your one true aspect and savior

Fuck that shit, my Allegiance lies with glorious Pestilens.
>>
these new sylvaneth units make me wish to get back to my order army
but I am enhancing the daemon forces of my slaanesh army
and I also want to start a vampire count army

the struggle
>>
Do treekin have points in the compendium?
>>
>>48026212
Yes, they are in the Wood Elf section, and they are pretty cheap (I think it was 100 for 3? I don't remember)
>>
>>48025999
To be frank, making it a girl was a easy way to differentiate the Warpseer from your run of the mill, warpstone crunching seer. The main features of the warband would mostly be about lots of Night Runners, Gunner Runners and a Assassin. The main idea is that the Assassin, A'quik Luksee, was but a Night Runner himself, until he discovered a strange helm with a warpstone lend. Upon putting it on, he discovered that he cpuld see thirty seconds into the future, but with only his left eye. However, it gave him the edge he needed to climb up the ranks and avoid the deaths all too common for his kind. From the helm, he grew a obsession with seeing the future, leading him to steal more and more artifacts that help him predict what lies ahead. The Warpseer was just another curosity he took, thanks to her ability to forsee the future.
>>
>>48025151
>It would be like getting pissed that in ww2 games no jews or blacks are among the numbers of nazi troop
There were black and jewish nazis though, as well as yellow ones.

It should be noted that the nat soc party only resented the jews who owned all of germanies banks and was cool with any black or yellow people who viewed preserving their heritage as important.

>>48025162
If she's shaped like a walrus with six sets of tits I wouldn't mind seeing that.
>>
>>48025989
Yes. Though since picking Skaven Allegiance is of no use (yet), you will probably play them as Chaos Allegiance, which gives you all the same stuff, plus Command Trait, plus Artifacts.
But you can totally band all the Clans together, so long as you don't mind playing Clanrats, as they're the only unrestricted Battleline throughout the Skaven Clans.
>>
>>48025115
From what I have experienced normal daemonettes and fiends of slaanesh work well against nurgle and the dreaded blightkings. Sure they have no rend, but your basic troops can't afford to take the extra hits.

I've ran following against nurgle:
2x20 daemonette
1x6 fiends
1x herald on foot
1x herald on steed
>>
>>48026143
Simple. Wait with Slaanesh until they get new models, which has been rumored will happen within the year. Buy Sylvaneth now. Wait with Vampires till you're happy with your tree army but before Slaanesh comes out.
>>
>>48026560
Yeah, that might work, but only if the Nurgle player decides not to buff his Blightkings in any way. As soon as they get Daemonic Power or Mystic Shield on them, they will eat Daemonettes for breakfast.

The list you propose is 74 Wounds or 40 SCGT points. I'd use 10 Blightkings, a Sorcerer Lord, 3 Bile Trolls and 3 Plague Drones against that, 75 Wounds or 41 SCGT points, so round about the same. I'm pretty sure I'd wreck that list, stupid powerful Daemonettes notwithstanding.
>>
>>48025162
>Surely, with the insanity of Chaos, its possible right?
and maybe this random guardsman i have here is actually sigmar's long lost son, deathcleaver (he renamed himself) who spent his many years (he is 5000 years old and immortal but still looks like he's 17 years old) perfecting the art of fighting with a new type of sword he invented , a deathana (its like a katana but with spikes) and perfecting the way of the honorable warrior ( which he doesn't follow because he likes to make his opponents suffer >:D) he's also arielle's boyfriend and is responsible for about 25% of all half elves ( ;) ) because they remind him of the pure maidens of nippon
i even made a statsheat to house rule him on the battlefield !!!
>>
>>48025912
Yeah since there is no limit you should always take one swig at least and two when it matters during the later turns.

Im pretty sure 90% of Destruction generals will run around with the talisman of protection since a 4+ save against mortal wounds is pretty much a no brainer for your main dude. But if you got a battalion and some cheap combat hero giveing him the brew and go on a drunken rampage, especially when they have these kind of 'on a hit/wound roll of' type abilites seems like a pretty good idea.
>>
>>48025989
>>48026509
Do you for sure only get 1 Allegiance? it seems weird that you would give up the command traits and Artifacts for 0 gain in a lot of situations, like there's no purpose to Stormcast Allegiance either.
>>
>>48026705
Sounds like your typical Age of Sigmar fluff, desu
>>
What's the best Chaos generic Battleline? Daemonettes? Pink Horrors?

Also are Daemonettes in a unit of 10 ok or do you need the large unit bonus?
>>
>>48026738
That's because traits and relics for subfactions are gonna be added later. The new sylvaneth book has those.
>>
>>48026705
Well, here's a question for you, if the idea of Female skaven is so impossoble; Whats happens to persay, a unit of Sisters of the Watch when the Thirteenth spell gets casted on them?
>>
>tfw no 40k equivalent of skaven so i can't convert shit to play both

Any idea what I do with all these bitz? Maybe I could use them for something orky, maybe...?
>>
>>48026801
The large unit bonus seems to be the whole reason to take nettes, them extra attacks.

>>48027024
They get turned into male skaven or die outright, like everyone who gets hit by the 13th spell.

>>48027029
You're asking for the hrud, play them as tau, necrons or orks.
>>
>>48026738
Well, it says pretty clearly that you have to pick 1 Allegiance out of the options your army shares.
Also, there are two reasons to pick another allegiance.
a) some allegiances gain special battleline options. In a pure MORTAL NURGLE army for example I can pick Blightkings as Battleline. Since Blightkings are amazing and getting more of them without haveing to pay taxes is incredible.
b) there will be special allegiance rules so that you get different artifacts and traits for playing different allegiances.
Battletome: Sylvaneth will have such allegiance bonuses for example and I assume in the future many other allegiances will gain similar bonuses. Taking the entire Grand Alliance as Allegiance will simply be the Lowest Common Denominator you can always pick.

For Sylvaneth for example I could choose between ORDER or SYLVANETH as my Allegiance. If I pick the latter, I get different traits, different artifacts and Tree Revenants as Battleline. Other armies will probably follow suit with this.
>>
File: excess.png (85 KB, 848x707) Image search: [Google]
excess.png
85 KB, 848x707
>>48026062
remove rat
>>
>>48023529
those are my two major complaints about AoS:
art looks cheap and soulless
names for units and landmarks sound like they were created by a 9 year old
>>
Found the Green Knight for ca $21 in a used book shop today. Did I do good tg? I suffered the typical why didn't I buy the awesome model when it was for sale, and I found it again. They also had old pestilens metal lords, metal wurrzags, fay enchantress, tk herald and one more I kinda regretted I didn't buy, the empire griffon standard.
>>
File: 1414557564_podborlQ.jpg (33 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1414557564_podborlQ.jpg
33 KB, 450x600
>>48027268
"Age of Digital Art Interns"

GW's gotta cut costs, hiring cheap interns or artists from the Phillipines is one way to do it.
>>
>>48023053
Didnt leaked new book say something about a spell is only castable once per turn? FAQ says once per wizard.

also I remember reading no mixed weapons in units, now faq says if "or" then no, if "and" can mix. Great.

And the points min units are different to min units on warscrolls.. Anyone seen warscrolls updated yet/soon?
>>
File: 4vu1Jx1r3.jpg (26 KB, 202x269) Image search: [Google]
4vu1Jx1r3.jpg
26 KB, 202x269
>>48023492
>Sylvaneth

I know that's derived from the Latin 'silva' but it just comes across as a tard with a lisp trying to say something
>>
>>48027343
The FAQ isn't for the general handbook.
>>
>>48027343
FAQ is for Open Play, not Narrative or Matched.
>>
>>48027343
See, this is what I expected would happen. As soon as Matched Play rules come out, people start thinking that's the only official set of rules.
>>
>>48027530
>>Implying it isnt

What a pleb, this is a REAL wargame now
>>
>>48027393
Eeh, it's better than seraphon
>>
>>48027393
So it sounds elven.
>>
>>48026705

Wow, you should write for Black Library. This is about the same quality of fluff as I have seen from the Age of Sigmar writers.
>>
>>48022902
I'm almost certain their Battle Trait will be "can set up one Sylvaneth Wyldwoos in your own territory.
I think the Acorn of Ages is a very likely Artifact too.
>>
File: 1466876510369.jpg (136 KB, 776x626) Image search: [Google]
1466876510369.jpg
136 KB, 776x626
>>48027588
kek
>>
>>48027588

Reminds me of a dude at my LGS who thinks he can write, I don't have the heart to tell him that his writing is shit to his face. But it's probably one of the most mary sue things ever, and he keeps trying to sell his Iron Hands fanfiction to GW who have sent back multiple "polite" emails saying they aren't "Currently looking for writers for their IP"
>>
>>48027554
pretty terrible b8, m8.
>>
File: 1448542786664.jpg (167 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1448542786664.jpg
167 KB, 800x600
>>48027675
>he keeps trying to sell his Iron Hands fanfiction to GW who have sent back multiple "polite" emails saying they aren't "Currently looking for writers for their IP"
>>
>>48023828
>>48023836
>>48023845
>>48023854
Sorry to be greedy, but have you got drycha in english?
>>
>>48022902
>You can play with just warscrolls guys!
>That's all you need!
>A-and these totally not warlord traits..
>And these six spells...and magical items....it's NOTHING like WHFB shut up

Not to mention we get to enjoy several months of Sylaneth getting all the new allegiance benefits before GW bothers to update the 'old' armies.
>>
>>48028082
Matched play is for the people who wanted it to be more like WHFB, stop acting like it's now the official way of playing.
>>
Would I be "that guy" if I split my Pink Horrors into blue horrors for matched play?

Is that even legal? Does it count as summoning? It's all very vague.
>>
>>48028144
Silver Tower isn't included in the GH, but GW said they'll come. So for now yes, you'll be that guy.
>>
Do we know what size bases the new Kuranoth Hunters are on? Wanting to use them perhaps as eldar exodite wraith blades
>>
>>48028082
>it gives me an edge, that means it must be mandatory
Exactly the mentality I had hoped we had gotten rid of

>>48028144
Nope. You can't do that since the Silver Tower stuff including Blue Horrors didn't get points in the Handbook, likely to avoid exactly these types of shenanigans.

In Open Play I'd be totally okay with you doing that so long as you mention it beforehand.
>>
Anyone disappointed at the lack of battleline units for each army? It looks like if you run one kind of army you basically have a bogstandard troop which kinda sucks. My old chaos army isn't even legal because Warhounds and Chariots aren't Battleline. Bleh. And for Daemon armies you're basically forced to take your Gods lesser Daemons and Skaven are forced to take Clanrats.
>>
>>48028123
>Matched play is for the people who wanted it to be more like WHFB,

Nice memes!

Nobody wants the return of level 4 wizards and cookie cutter magic items
>>
>>48028226
That'll be a bit far-fetched. These will be either on 50mm or 60mm, nothing smaller.

Though I'd be partial to seeing them painted up in wraithbone colors.
>>
File: IMG_0239.jpg (2 MB, 3221x2227) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0239.jpg
2 MB, 3221x2227
Got the german WD now. Most of the interesting stuff has already been leaked, so I'll just post this nice pic and mention a few interesting facts:
- There is no single Spirit of Durthu, but rather a whole host of 'Spirits of Durthu'.
- Kurnoth Hunters are a new creation of Alarielle to lead the war against chaos. They also honour an old hunter god and thus are viewed vith suspicion by the other Forest Folk. They are also the Everqueen's spies and assassins, for some reason.
- Tree revenants fight with gear and style of the Protectors, selflessguardians of the-world-that-was. Not sure what this is a reference to, but it's mentioned multiple times, so it must be important. Eternal Guard, maybe?
- (Batallion) Lords of the Clan: 2-4 Treelord Ancients, 1-3 Treelords. Nominate one Treelord Ancient as Clan Chief. In the hero phase, roll a d6 for every enemy unit within 10" of the Chief and add+1 for every other Treelord or Treelord Ancient. If the result is 6+ that unit suffers d3 Mortal Wounds. On 10+ that unit suffers d6 Mortal Wounds.
- (Batallion) Household: 1Treelord, 1 Branchwych, 1 unit of Tree Revenants. +1Bravery for everybody within 3" of an enemy unit. Enemy unit within 3" cannot fall back.
>>
>>48028296
>10-foot tall walking tree
>spy/assassin
That's some Alpharius-level shit right there.
>>
>>48028296
>- Tree revenants fight with gear and style of the Protectors, selflessguardians of the-world-that-was. Not sure what this is a reference to, but it's mentioned multiple times, so it must be important. Eternal Guard, maybe?
This is pretty cool to be honest. I love it when i get references and callbacks to the old world.
>>
>>48028268
I'm hoping it could work, I mean wraith blades are quite big anyway, but we shall see. I might do them wraith colours or I wanted to do a GoT weirwood tree red and white colour
>>
>>48028243
Yah, that's sort of the point though.
Skaven have alt Battlelines so long as they focus on one Clan, so you can totally have themed forces, but if you want them to band together you'll have to pay the Clanrat tax. Most lesser Daemons are actually incredibly good too.

I know this will sound terrible, but nobody forces you to play Matched. If you want to play only the models you like and fuck the core taxes, just play Open or Narrative. If you want to play Matched, you have to conform to its restrictions, which I kinda think were written to be a bit too limiting so you'll get homesickness for Open Play eventually.
>>
File: ebbf9758ec.jpg (205 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
ebbf9758ec.jpg
205 KB, 500x594
post SKAVEN you fucks
>>
>>48028296
Nice m8!
Think you could post Drycha's Warscroll? The non-French leaks in this thread didn't include her and I'd like to see for myself how her rules are worded.
>>
>>48028392
Fair enough. What do you think the best unit is from what you've seen so far? Almost tempted to get Ungors just because they are so cheap.
>>
File: IMG_0240.jpg (2 MB, 2166x2944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0240.jpg
2 MB, 2166x2944
>>48028437
Sure, if German is fine with you?
>>
>>48028442
Beastman player here. Ungors are pretty shit, they die like bitches and then a load more run away, so if you're not taking absolutely fuckloads of them in a pure beastmen army there's probably no point. I'd splash out the whole 20 points extra on gors, that extra point of save and extra point of bravery goes a long way.
>>
>>48028557
Can beastmen unlock anything to make it battle-line? Chariots i suppose. didn't feel they were powerful enough when i played them

I have about 20 Gors, never liked ungor anyway. Going to use 'em, stick my Dragon ogres and shaggoth on the field. Glad they didn't forget Chaos trolls, the models are really good.
>>
>>48028336
They are trees in a plane of 90% forest. They only need to stay still.
>>
>>48028521
Oh, danke Kumpel. Ja, ich denke das wird hinhauen.
>>
>>48028761
Stets zu Diensten.
To be perfectly honest, I am really unsure which spites to take. Flutterfuries are a enormously large damage pulse (36"!), but Squirmlings pack a much nastier wallop and profit much more from the reroll.
>>
>>48028442
For general Chaos? Horrors are decent if your army isn't huge on Wizards, Daemonettes are fast and killy. Chaos Warriors are surprisingly cheap (considering you get 10 of them for your points) and Gors, while not powerful without proper support, are incredibly fast across the board, tying scary shit up. Bloodreavers are also nice by simple virtue of being nicely cheap.

And if we talk about Allegiance-specific Battlelines, we have Blightkings, Stormfiends, Varanguard and Skullcrushers, all of which are powerful enough to make playing their allegiance worthwhile.
>>
>>48028625
Only ungor raiders, if you go pure brayherd. (Which I find are okay, incidentally, they hide in cover and plink wounds off wizards.)

Having a quick look, I think the only chaos Battleline chariots are burning ones, and that requires you to go full daemons of tzeentch. Only BL chariots without strings attached are skeleton ones. Seems GW don't want too many pure chariot armies now.
>>
Chariot Bro from earlier - reminder of my list

Leaders:
Bloab Rotspawned (260)
Bloodstoker(80)
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot(200)
Lord on Daemonic Mount(140)

No Type:
Gorebeast Chariot x2 (200)
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch(160)

That comes out at 1040 points. I think for a 1k version of the army I'll drop the Bloodstoker and the Herald of Tzeentch and get a unit of Pink Horrors and a unit of Gors(will probably replace with Tzaangors when their points are announced as they are rumoured battleline). For 2k I was thinking the original list plus
1040 +
30x Daemonettes - 360pts
10x Pink Horrors - 140pts
10x Gors (Tzaangors) - 80 pts
3x Mighty Skullcrushers - 160pts
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch - 160pts

That leaves me with 160pts exactly so Ill see how much Tzaangors cost. This seems to be a pretty solid list now actually.
>>
>>48028625
Gors and Ungors as standard, Ungor Raiders if Brayherd Allegiance. Their greatest advantage is the fact that they can have their Battleline units over and done with in very few points. After that you can spam Bestigors and Chariots as much as you want. The Chariots are actually pretty good, but you need to play units of 3 for them to really pack a punch. Have a Bray Shaman close to them at the start of the game and they can very realistically get a first turn charge in.

>>48028828
Well, I'd probably take the Squirmlings, as just once I'd like to just end a huge unit of Saurus Guard in one turn and wipe the fucking smirk off a Sera player's face. I mean, the Flitterfuries might be useful against Heroes, but the flat 10 dice limit makes them all but useless against big units.
>>
Sooo something that people seem to miss about not being able to play specific armies or battlelines being in the way.

There is a section where GW says you can change the rules a bit? Even in the normal rules FAQ they say.

So it is possible if one has sensible opponents (scoff scoff) it is possible to ask them if you can use a specific army if reason is sensible...

but this is mostly for friendly matched games
competitive matched games well good luck
>>
For a 2000- pt game my Pure Deathrattle seems a bit weak. What can I add in to the army except more grave guard, chariots and Arkhan? Maybe a bone giant or some mega-kitbashed tomb knights? How about Morghasts? Are they as good as they seem?
>>
>seraphon got repackaged too early
>they wont see unique battle traits, command traits, artefacts, or spell lore

Feels bad man
>>
>>48028231
>Exactly the mentality I had hoped we had gotten rid of
You will never get rid of this mentality. You can't fight it, it is just part of human nature to optimize
>>
>>48029632
Pitched battles rules are for-guess-only tournament and COMETITIVE matches. Nothing stops you to simply use points in open matches to get a little of fairness.
Also, it was written in pitched battle page you can change things a little if you want. Its basically the whole pojbnt of aos beign able to houserule whatever you want.
>>
If I want to convert my Tzaangors to be regular Gors, what would you suggest? I'm thinking taking some bitz from pink horrors for the musician and standard bearer but dunno what to do for the champion.
>>
>>48029721
Morghast are very powerful, but to get the most out of them you'll want a wizard they can benefit from their buff while keeping pace and being durable enough to survive a few knocks.
>>
>>48029772
Same for my Flesh-Eater Courts, man.
>>
File: untoten-piraten-31.jpg (79 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
untoten-piraten-31.jpg
79 KB, 960x640
>>48029721
>kitbashed Tomb Knights
sure why not, like pic related?

Yes, Morghasts are incredible, though the Harbingers only really come into their own when being summoned. 9" from the enemy isn't that far when you charge 3D6".
If you're up for some conversion work, you might want to make some Necromancers that look like Skellies in robes.
Also as you said Bone Giants work well, maybe try to get your paws on some Skelly Archers too.

>>48029632
>friendly matched games
How about you just play Open then? Like "yeah well our armies are round about the same points but 1700, a point limit the book says we can't use, so let's fuck those restrictions and just have fun"
>>
>>48025304
>https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/review-generals-handbook-campaign-pack/

you sound pretty bro, so welcome (back) to fantasy hobby!

here's the Orcs 'n' Goblins Legacy Warscroll Compendium, when you download the app be wary that Orcs & Arrer Boyz -> Orruks, that the app is sorted by Faction keyword (it's good to focus on 1 to begin, I like to build around the Battalions/Formations/Big Mobs.)

Destruction Grand Alliance:

Greenskinz: classic Orcs/Orruks, Orruk Warboss on Wyvern prolly best value as a Leader/General

Bonesplitterz: Savage Orruks (getting new units, etc. soon!) Not sure how Big Stabba upgrades intergrate as they're costed separately from their units

Ironjawz: new heavily-armored Big'uns, though Legacy models like Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Big Boss, & Black Orcs also share their faction keyword, though sadly I can only find official pts. for the nerfed Legacy Black Orcs now known as Ardboys

MoonClan: see Night Goblins, Skarsnik still great, his Command Ability is top tier, give their Spearmen plenty of Netters to give nearby enemies -1 to hit--to deny numerous units (e.g. Stormcast Retributors) from doing nasty things when they roll 6's to hit! Their Shaman is cheap & has a nice spell for when enemies "castle"/cluster up.

Spiderfang Grots: Spider Riders, Arachnarok, Boss on Gig. Spider, great @ doing Mortal Wounds, which don't allow regular Save rolls, high mobility army/support cav.

Gitmob Grots: plain Goblins, deadly in large numbers w/ their Shaman buffing them, & their boss telling them what to do

Orcs & Goblins: OOP Legacy Named Characters & Units, also where to find the Big Mobs in the app.

ForgeWorld/Monstrous Arcanum: if you can acquire/proxy Fimir Warriors, they make excellent heavy assault troops with their Rend-2 Mauls, & a Mystic Shield spell buffing them.

I've played all OnG factions/formations at least once, so if you/anyone else have questions, plz ask!!
>>
@german share dude, could you check for me maybe what turns stormfiends into line infantry? the earlier leaks were too blurry on that point.
also, dwarf miners: do they have a point cost? many thanks from your dutch neighbour!
>>
>>48025244
can you give named/unique Characters like Bragg artefacts??

Battle-brew looks great, just take a double-swig on later turns/when he's about dead,

and if you can fit a 2nd Battalion in your list, then a Talisman of 4+ Mortal Wound protection seems handy...
>>
>>48029846
What about dark elf corsair dual swords? They look pretty cool
>>
>>48029772
>>48029903

People, calm down. They would never not give Stormcasts these extra goodies and if Stormcasts, who had the first Battletome ever, are getting them, you will too.
>>
>>48030026
No, you can't, but Bragg doesn't exist anymore, his model is now a generic Tyrant (and thus an equipment option for the regular tyrant warscroll found in Grand Alliance: Destruction).
>>
>>48030086
Its much more likely GW will ignore Lizardmen

It's just like WHFB
>>
>>48030026
Yes/No. You cannot give named characters artifacts or command traits, but you can totally give those to models that were once named characters but aren't anymore.
And Bragg was deleted but his weapon was made into a Tyrant weapon option, thus making "generic Bragg" able to tap into generic-only goodies.

Similar thing with Vilitch, Ikit Claw, Skragg and Skarsnik. They've all been turned into generic heroes, which allows them to use artifacts and command traits.
Thus, anon's ingenious combo of giving Bragg +2 To Wound, is totally legitimate so long as he doesn't play legacy Bragg but calls him a normal Tyrant.
>>
>>48030026
>can you give named/unique Characters artifacts
No, only generic models can get artifacts and traits.
>>
>>48025703
if you want to do dorfs, ironbreakers/longbeards/hammerers are really rewarding and easy as ALL BALLS (protip with dorfs: spray black, (dry)brush leadbealcher(metal), faces, beards, details in whatever collor you want. (in that order) then liberal coat of liquid skill (black wash)
>>
>>48030114
>get the majority of bullshit overpowered units in the game
>first Old World army to get lore and Battletome
>complains about GW not caring enough for them
Does Not Compute
>>
>>48030209
Its a sera player.
Don't even try to understand him.

Also, I REALLY hope all armies get their Spell lore and shit for free or at least for pennies in the app(even tho i don't own a smarrphone so ill juste pirate it).
>>
>>48030182
Also, Spirit of Durthu isn't a unique character anymore, either, so Legendary Fighter Durthu with any Order relic is going to be a thing. Because 4 swings at Damage 6 Rend -3 or Damage 7 Rend-2 will hurt anything.
>>
>>48029934
Yeah, my basic list is a deathrattle horde (so oodles of skellies, some knights and gg), with archers and a necro. Going to go the conversion route with GG set to make a tomb champ, skeletal necro and skeletal liche. I got the SC! Set to get Arkhan, so he's in the box, good for summoning harbingers, though I love the Archai weaponry. Though I'm going for a celtic vibe in my army, so I have to fix up my old metal bone giant for a more celt vibe, and so serpents won't cut it for necro knights. Maybe some undead boars or wolves? Or... Megatherium? My god...
>>
File: Ork godz Gork n Mork.jpg (353 KB, 1304x766) Image search: [Google]
Ork godz Gork n Mork.jpg
353 KB, 1304x766
>>48030346
This is why we need the Flammable rule to return.

Archers should be able to burn their arrows, we need to put these tree-people in their place.
>>
>>48028082
So are WHFB players just mad that AoS removed yet another reason to play their game? Magic items and spell diversity were 2 of my only complaints about AoS.
>>
>>48030346
Yeah, but I'm waiting for the Sylvaneth traits and artifacts because on a huge monster like this +1 damage seems kinda like a waste and the "reroll run + charge in 10"" trait seems way more attractive than just another swing with one weapon, even if said weapon is devastating.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 300x400
>>48030391
Sorry, meant megaloceros.
>>
>>48030086
Wisdom. I'll gnaw on a bone before that, having my battletome already is enjoyable enough.
>>
>>48030526
Oh hey, GW did a to-scale model of a godbeast.
>>
>>48030346
The problem with dhurthu is that he loses strenght with wounds pretty fast. he suffers from ranged and from not charging first-get him outside of a forest and his point value sinks rapidly.
Still, he's a TERRYFYING force on the field and your opponent will anyway either flee from him or make his first target, ignoring your other units who will be able to easily flank your opponent weak pots(thanks, shittingforesteveryturn ability)
>>
>>48023492
'Rules and content you can't get anywhere else!'
So much for free rules then. So close yet so far GW. And I'm not some whfb cuckold either. It seemed like GW has going to, you know, get with the times.
But old habits die hard I guess
>>
>>48030629
Except the rules for every single slyvaneth model will be available for free, and the entire army will be playable without the battletome. But nice try. You were doing well up to the point where you didn't look up any facts whatsoever.
>>
>>48030629
What really? So the warscrolls and core rules are no longer free?

Fuck off.
>>
>>48028336
>Argoth, do you not think it strange that a forest has been following us?
>>Hm. Maybe its a different forest.
>Argoth, we are in the realm of fire. I am absolutely sure it is the same.
>>Well, It can't be treants. We're not in the realm of life
>Ah. Good point.

There you go. Makes perfect sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 720x960
This is the only model from the new Sylvaneet models that interests me.
>>
File: Keeper_of_Secrets_Empire.jpg (88 KB, 704x700) Image search: [Google]
Keeper_of_Secrets_Empire.jpg
88 KB, 704x700
>40k guy
>Have deamons
>Let's try AoS

I just had my first game.
I can't believe it, but I had a tons of fun.

For 4 pages of rules, this game isn't stupid at all. Simple, but not stupid.

4 people in the LGS saw us playing with the new point system, and now they want to play it too.
They all had armies from the old age, or are painters that bought the new stuff just for that.
So now I have a group to play!

This is awesome.

Do you have any luck/fun with the new point system already?
>>
>>48023836
So, what's the best command trait to use with envoys of the EverQueen?
>>
>>48031366
we always used kdv composition
this is basically kdv without the chance of taking even numbers and with some nerfed/ buffed points

yeah, it's very fun. also the new summoning system looks nice, I tried it with some daemonettes and it felt balanced (it now works just like a deep strike and you choose how many points to "summon")

just a tip: ALWAYS play scenarios, otherwhise the game gets boring really fast
>>
>>48030391
New updated 2000 pt bone zone
Wight king with black axe - 120
5 Black Knights - 120
10 Grave Guard - 160
20 skeleton warriors - 160
Death rattle horde/legion of death - 60
Necromancer - 120
3 Chariots - 140
Bone Giant - 200
20 skeleton archers - 200
Necrotect - 100
300 left over - how should I spend them?
Arkhan is 340, 2 morghasts 240, 6 necro knights are 320, 2 more chariots 140, or I could just boost skellies and GG.
The plan is to have the gg/skellies bunker up with the characters with boosts and the giant and other fast units to range ahead and beat smaller units and characters while piles of skelebros grind the enemy down. (Extra attacks, better to hit, reroll 1's to wound for one, pile and attack twice, one unit with a guaranteed 14" threat range).
>>
>>48031262
>a hatred that transcends that death of the world

What can men do against such endless hatred?
>>
>>48031262
I love the swarm, I also love the idea of converting this to be a Nurgle or Slaanesh Daemon very easily.
>>
>>48031619
double up the GG, they are too good to take less than 20

then grab another hero or like, beef up the knight unit to 10
>>
>>48031619
either 2 morghast of more skellies.
Skellies are good because they can easily become a danger when they mass, and morghasts...well, they move hard and hit hard.
>>
>>48031669
With 5 extra Knights and 10 GG (sword&board or great weaps?) or liche, that's 1980. That good for a 2000 force? I'll be getting the 5++ ward at least for durability. Does 1 extra rez in units in hero phase or a reroll on 1's armor save in batallion sound better? I feel it'll work well against other hordes and maybe smaller elites, but will suffer vs the new sylvaneth and hordes like the bloodbound who can match the skellies attack for attack.
>>
I want a tzeentch force without daemons in it, kind of tempted to heavily convert some bloodbound and silver tower tzaangors and acolytes, but I also wonder if there going to be proper kits any time soon

Also I the silver tower stuff doesn't have point costs in the new rules right? That makes me worry I might never get to use it.
>>
I'm torn on the new wood elf designs. On the one hand, a bunch of elven spirits with tree guyvers is pretty cool. On the other hand, a tree mech with a bee bee gun makes me laugh.
>>
>>48031785
should be good. Being able to come back is what keeps them alive against other hordes.

>shield or GW
wounding on 3+, or a 4+ save? I'd go with the shields. Being more durable makes the rez ability better.
>>
Please rate my 1000 point list (using general handbook leaks)

Leaders:
Orruk Megaboss - 140
Moonclan Grot Shaman - 80

Battleline:
40 Moonclan Grots (Spear/Shield) - 200
20 Orruk Warriors (Hand Weapon/Shield) - 200

Other:
Doom Diver Catapult - 120
Boar Chariot - 80
Giant - 180

I'm probably gonna swap out the giant for some fanatics and maybe another doom diver if/when the points for fanatics are posted. Thoughts? Is the lack of ranged going to be a big problem?
>>
>>48031656
I mostly like it because of the fusion of wood and flesh. It makes me think of a Scandinavian folklore on steroids. The tree guys with weapons are just boring to me compared to that.

I can't say that I can't say that whole lot for the new Ariel model, though. It just seems like they desperately needed her to stand out a lot so they put a character with wings on a mount for reasons.
>>
>>48031619
>necrotect

Only useful as a force multiplier for catapults, and even then they're a trap choice.

To be honest, your list is all over the place and pretty unoptimized. Can't go wrong with bone pope or Necropolis Knights, though.
>>
>>48032234
yeah, those wings have to go
>>
>>48032251
I want to play at least a kind-of-fluffy deathrattle list, so that's why it's based on the legion of death batallion (wight king, grave guard, knights and 3x skellies). Archers are an old favourite of mine, and a necromancer is just useful to have. Adding in Arkhan at 2000 is probably a good idea, but I'll need to invest to add morghasts or to convert some necro knights. I added chariots because they were fluffy, hit well and can keep up with the knights. What else can I do? Drop the giant for something else?
>>
>>48032308
Insects wings would also had been better than leaves. It would even have matched the beetle.
>>
1000 points of slaanesh love
>chaos lord with daemonic weapon and shield on manticore (slaanesh)
>20 warriors with shields (slaanesh)
>chaos wizard (slaanesh)
>5 knights with glaives (slaanesh)
for 1500 points:
>10 warriors shields
>10 warriors shields
>5 knights glaives
>lord on manticore, daemonic weapon and shield
>sorcerer
>4 bullgors
>10 bestigors
>10 daemonettes (summoning)
>>
>>48031431

As long as we don't know the extra stuff from the upcoming book we have three command abilities to consider.
Durthu can shit out a wyldwood, so he doesn't care about it.
Alarielle's has infinite range and number of targets, so she doesn't care about it.
Inspiring Presence, where it might be not awful.
I am curious about scenario commad abilities, where this might be more significant.
>>
>>48032460
I'd have preferred the beetle just having optional wings. Because beetles can fly.

And then they can make it a dual kit, with the solo beetle as a monster choice.
>>
>>48032445
Drop the necrotect, take Arkhan in that case.

That leaves you with some points to shuffle around if you wanna be on the nose. Put the necromancer on a steed for 20 more points, even.
>>
1k skaven
>1 warlord
>20 stormvermin
>3 stormfiends
>1 hell pit

What do you guys think?
>>
>>48032518
I'm kinda glad they chose not to put out another HUGE FLYING CREATURE OMG !!
>>
>>48032897
yeah but beetles are cool and I'd like them to be a thing you can just take without huge elf guts
>>
>>48031652
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
>>
>>48032592
is this actually a good starting point for skaven? was gonna pick some up to give aos a shot with the points, and am wondering what is actually worth it. never played fantasy in my life
>>
>>48031855
stop posting
>>
>>48032460
While I think giving her insect wings with the intention to match the beetle would of been stupid, I do think butterfly wings as a throwback to the old Ariel model would of been nice, seeing as she DID kind of absorb her before the end times and everything.

Captcha: Select all images with trees
>>
>>48032897
But it CAN fly
>>
File: 4t8Mw2k.jpg (366 KB, 1964x2000) Image search: [Google]
4t8Mw2k.jpg
366 KB, 1964x2000
So is it just me, but are the only things interesting from the chaos faction are the humans? I mean the chaos mortal races. Pretty much any daemons don't interest me at all, and in fact i would go out of my way to not field any with the daemon keyword. Does anyone else feel the same way? I mean daemons just feel so bland and uninteresting. Mortals fighting for their god i can get behind.

Funny thing though is you would think i'd dislike the stormcast eternals, but i actually find them pretty cool.
>>
>>48033714
I can agree with you. Demons are good for a 'sidekick' race. When chaos mortals summon demons, and when beasts of chaos summon demons and you know that 'le epic greater demon manifestation'.
But by themselves, they can get meh. On the other hand though they can have pretty good background stories.
>>
>>48033714
Well stormcasts ARE still mortals kinda. And they USED to be full mortal
They're Einheirjar
>>
>>48033365
I..I actually love her new wings. Branches spourting leaves is a really nice idea, and the realization is not awkward and looks and feel just right.
>>48033714
Depends how you are playing them.
Most stronger demons do have personalities and goals.
but I too prefer to use the the good 'ol way: cannon fodder to summon during the battle. It looks-and feels- a lot better.
>>
>>48029978

Thank you for that link anon, I will check it out in the morning.

I always wanted to play my 40k orks as predominantly Nobz, not the biker variety but the foot slogging 2 handed wielding type, it never ever worked and I would often be beaten, my friends really just liked to have the best units for their armies and I don't blame them, but I wish they would appreciate that a game doesn't HAVE to be like that and just because it isn't doesn't mean it's automatically shit.

I'm loving the look and idea of these Ironjawz, I can't wait to get painting a squad of brutes. I'm interested in trying the points based game their releasing but equally I would love to play these scenarios.

Sorry for the late reply, I never checked back till now, and wanted to say thanks for your descriptions, I've copy and pasted them for quick reference until I've got my head around all these new names!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.