[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: weekendquest.png (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
weekendquest.png
23 KB, 600x600
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

> QM topic
Are you going to do a Christmas special?

> player topic
Would you buy your QM a Christmas present?
>>
>Are you doing a Christmas Special?

The timeline my quest-universe is working in means that heading into December for a Christmas Special would skip too many plot points and get too confusing.

However, I am planning for what I'm hoping will be an interesting one-shot Christmas special not involving any of the ghouls or anons but taking place in the same setting...

Also, was anyone involved in the CURSED GAME last night?
>>
> Would you buy your QM a Christmas present?
Hell, if i had the money, why not?

Also, is there any place i can get a resume of Joker's Quest? Or do i need to read all the threads in the archive? Because i really liked the plot 'til thread 50 or something, but there's way to many threads to read.
>>
>Would you buy your QM a Christmas present?
If I weren't totally broke, and my QM wasn't a total shitter, maybe?

On another note, what in your opinion is the best Quest ruleset?
>>
>>44252656
>Wasn't a total shitter
What did he do?
>>
>>44252748
Hit by a bus.
>>
@vinzynotinverse needs to be removed from the directory
>>
Now that finals are over, I'll probably end up running sometime early next week. Can't this weekend because I'm heading home.
>>
>>44252786
You have to tell me more!
>>
>>44252951
Classic tale of disappearing QM

Was in the middle of running a thread, he said his brother was in a car crash and he had to catch a boat or something to go see him?
That was like a month ago I think now.
>>
have any of you guys ever seen a quest where the MC is a punk of one brand or another?

I am considering a thing about greasers and superheroes.
>>
>>44251786
I'm running right now. Relatively new to the community.

>Are you going to do a Christmas Special?

Not on Christmas, but I planned on having something planned.

@DonskoiDmitri
>>
>>44251786
Absolutely not. Digital gifts are mostly games, and there aren't many that won't kill the QM's schedule if we all give timesinks.

Physical gifts, on the other hand....shipping is going to be a bitch, and I'm not in a good place to try.
>>
>>44253900
>not giving your QM games that you hope will influence the quest

Here QM, have this golden oldie starship troopers tactical game. Maybe later we will fight bugs for humanity.
>>
>>44254083
Sorry, I bought a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X for myself already.
>>
I haven't even had time to get presents yet. Thinking of just buying the usual clothing and stuff for family and games for friends.
>>
>>44254083
>15 new gifts in your game library
>total playing time: 500 hours
>sorry guys, taking a break from questing for a while
>whoops, completely forgot about the quest, maybe next time
>etc
>OH LOOK, SOMEONE BOUGHT ME MHX
>>
>>44251931
Lucky dice, for this QM in particular
>>
>>44254368
Make them glow in the dark dice. It'll make them extra lucky!
>>
>>44254611
I'll buy you the glowiest-in-the-darkerest dice there ever was were if it'll stop us from dying to death and then dying again, QM.
Stupid hyped for Sibellanon finally meeting his ghoul Monday
>>
>>44254611
Love your material, I have a lot to learn.

By the way, what is your advice, on how much preparation I should do in advance for a session?

>>44254663

I'm pretty hyped myself.
>>
>>44254810
I wonder how Abby will react to her... and how badly Anon will spaghetti in the presence of a vamp
and I ain't just talking about her fangs
>>
Living Weapon's up. It's my night off so hopefully there won't be any interruptions. >>44254949
>>
>>44254810
I recommend trying to find a balance. You don't want to prep too much because some things will play out different then you thought they would, that's just the nature of it. I do recommend having "plan Bs" in place though. Don't give them too much thought, but have a general idea of "if this, than that".

And maps. Always have maps of the setting.

And always have an ending in mind. The ending is your lighthouse. As long as you can still see it, you're find.
>>
>>44251786
I already bought my senpai presents :3
>>
>>44255201
Thank you, note taken.

>>44253445

Didn't know we could link our threads. I'm still new to this.
>>
I was going to post up my quest thread, then I remembered I didn't outline the story for it yet.
>>
>>44255518
You're gonna have to throw out all your notes anyway, dude and/or dudette.
>>
>>44255518
Careful anon, many quests never get made because the QM wants to make sure all the details are just perfect before he starts.

They never will be.
>>
>>44255518
What the other anon said. Unless you force the story to go in a certain direction, quests are usually exploring new directions by your second one.
>>
>>44255518
My advice: Outline important characters, and have certain set pieces in mind that you want to include no matter what. Whether the characters even interact with those set pieces or not are irrelevant, make them things that will happen unless the MC actively changes the possibility of said set pieces from occurring.

Major plot things that are important to the story, or the world the story takes place.
>>
>>44253900
Scan a card or make fanart bro
>>
>>44255518
Stop. Run it. Run it right now. Don't worry about outline. Just run it.
>>
Ssssoooo...QD inferred he was gonna start back up after Thanksgiving, and he's vanished since again. I'm presuming holiday preparation and whatnot got to him? He's still on ask, so I'm not that worried, just curious. That one-two holiday punch tends to wear people out.
>>
I'm almost certain that this topic has come up before, but would a sci-fi/fantasy mix quest go well? And would it be implemented as hard or soft sci-fi? I'm toying with a number of ideas to run, and a space sci-fi with fantasy mixed in is one of them.
>>
>>44255977
Death Among the Stars comes to mind. MC is a Lich in a Space Opera setting. Pretty soft Sci-fi with not-Magic being used

>>44255962
He may even be in this thread, I know he lurks in the WQDT and sometimes even the Civ General thread. I figure he may be waiting for the new year since he does want to resume playing. He answered on Ask.fm even today so that's encouraging.

I think he's trying to hammer out a system to handle all the fuckhueg numbers the quest generates
>>
File: AT-TE.jpg (5 MB, 2908x1918) Image search: [Google]
AT-TE.jpg
5 MB, 2908x1918
Oh by the way, for those interested:

AT-TE Commander Quest is going to be up tomorrow. Look for the AT-TE in the catalog, and get ready for the fight. Get your tactical mindset in place, troopers, because you will need every tool at your disposal. Lives depend on your actions.

Get ready for the mud, shiney. Maybe the rain will wash it off.
>>
So, guys, a question: I'm kind of a slow writer, do you think that's a big problem for someone planning to write a quest?
>>
>>44255977
If you do, I'd suggest avoiding "space orcs, space elves" etc. It's just tacky.

YOU HEAR THAT WARHAMMER? YOU'RE TACKY.
>>
>>44256096
Do you have a twitter?

>>44256104
Fuck no. response times for QMs usually range from half an hour or longer, and are only really ever shorter if the QM only writes a few sentences.
>>
>>44256128
Yeah I thought I took too long posting at 15-20min per post but then I realized that's one of the faster times for QMs
>>
Post your quest ideas that you want to play in or run.
>>
>>44256181
Mandalorians!
>>
>>44256181
Skullgirls Quest.

Start play as a parasite, living weapon, bomb-ass cyborg, human/draconian/feral, gigan, or skullgirl, and work toward whatever your goal is, from destroying the skull heart to becoming the head of the Medici Mafia.
>>
>>44256246
>Yet another waifu quest
No thanks.
>>
>>44256128
@ObserverQM
Please inform me if it is up to date, I had to dig up my old twitter.
>>
>>44256053
Yeah, he DID mention that before. Meh, I'll just go with 'decided to just make a clean start and wait until the new year'. Sounds reasonable enough, and like you said, gives him more time to iron shit out.

He needs to have some kinda auto-calculation program for that shit, I swear.
>>
>>44256264
To be fair, any waifu you meet you're probably going to beat the shit out of because fighting game.
>>
>>44256264
in other quests the pc tries to sex the waifu
in this quest
you are the waifu
>>
>>44256301
He said he was working with a helpful anon through emails on that problem.

I may have to ask him for help with my own number-crunching because that's my weakness when it comes to running and my quest is getting pretty high numbers
>>
>>44256096
You do know AT-TEs are the first thing to get bombed on the battlefield right? They're the equivalent of bringing a giant magnet onto the battlefield.
>>
>>44256392
That's kind of the point. You needed to be there when this guy originally pitched the idea.
>>
>>44256264
Nice job courting a girl as an umbrella or some shit
>>
>>44256392
Oh, I'm perfectly aware. Can you, a clone fresh out of flash training, stand up to the rigors of combat?

It will all be explained come tomorrow's thread, no worries.
>>
>>44256181
The one i intend to run soon is about spiritualists, people that can tap into the souls of things and make pacts with them, unleashing their power and being limited mainly by their creativity and experience. For an example: someone who had a pact with the spirit of a sword could either enhance the sword cutting capacities or give it the ability to extend it's blade. "Level ups" would be in the form of "Spiritual Resonances", which you could use to unlock/create new abilities or enhance your existing ones.
The setting would be a pseudo-Victorian (mixed with some classic fantasy aspects) world, where old guns would co-exist with heavy armor soldiers using spears and shields, due to the existence of spirits.

>>44256128
Oh, that's good to hear. English is not my first language, so i end up taking about fifteen minutes to half an hour to write texts, depending on their sizes.
>>
>>44256461
n-no baka, it's not like I want to p-protect you from the rain or a-anything.
>>
>QM topic
Nah, I have a feeling most people will be busy during Christmas, so a small quest like mine would most likely fizzle out pretty quick. Plus I'll probably be going out to dinner with family.

Pandora Quest #20 is up! >>44256396
(You are the head researcher at a government facility. Your sole responsibility is to teach the world's first autonomous AI, nicknamed Pandora, about life, the world and her existence.)
>>
>>44256360
Oh, that's pretty nifty. Good on him!
>>
File: Welcome to the Courtroom.jpg (89 KB, 1064x600) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to the Courtroom.jpg
89 KB, 1064x600
>>44256181
Quest for the Turnabout

Two MCs (a Prosecutor and a Defense Attorney so the players can tackle the courtroom from both sides) who take on various cases in the pursuit of truth and justice or a just a perfect record for success.

Outside of the Courtroom you will investigate crime scenes, gather evidence, question witnesses and involved parties, confront dangers to your case, cooperate with or sabotage your opposition, and prepare your strategy in court.

Inside the Courtroom you will present evidence, bring forth witnesses, prepare or cross-examine testimony, call out contradictions in the witness's and opposition's logic, and successfully build up your case (theory, suspect, motive, scene, means, evidence, testimony) while avoiding penalties for mistakes and misconduct.

This is the third or fourth time I've mentioned it in WQDT. I'm still undecided about certain aspects of the idea. Things like whether or not the two MCs should be like ships passing in the night or directly involved with each other.

Apologies for any grammatical mistakes. I tend to skip words while typing/writing as my mind rapidly outpaces my fingers.
>>
>>44256566
Actually, now that I think of it, I might try a dry run of "Smurt Quest" on Christmas and see how it turns out, see if people like it.
>>
>>44256490
That sounds fun, you should definitely give it a shot. Also as for English not being your first language, you write a lot better than most people I know, including myself.

>>44256566

Can't wait to read that myself.

>>44256799

I would definitely read that.

>>44253445

still running.
>>
>>44256523
>we play as Eroberung, a royal umbrella lost after the war
>we weren't lost in battle
>we were thrown into a pit because our previous owner couldn't stand us
>>
I posted this in /swg/ and didn't get any response, maybe here it will see some.

What would the interest be for a Quest set in the Rise of the Rebellion era, with the MC being a member of a local resistance movement against the Empire? I'm thinking of Red Dawn done Starwars style, maybe throwing in elements of the Wraith Squadron arc from the X-Wing series as the MC's crew gets more powerful/skilled.

Rather than being a smuggler captain or jedi in training or what have you, just a regular guy with a blaster rifle and vibroknife working with some buddies to stick it to the empire, like a slightly more adult version of the Disney show minus Jedi.
>>
>>44257053
>after we were first created, our creator asked of we loved him (like a daughter to a father)
>"Nien, trottel!
>>
>>44256799
It'd be interesting if players could choose which lawyer they want to be behind during the trial, and vote only for their attorney's arguments. The QM would play the part of the judge.
>>
If horror is near-impossible to execute in a quest, what's a good substitute for it even in a horror-esque setting?
>>
>>44257957
My dick
>>
>>44257957
Waifu death
>>
>>44257957
ntr
>>
>>44257957
This
>>44258044
And appropriate ambient music or noise tracks.
>>
>>44258141
Care to recommend me some ambient/noise tracks that aren't Tool?
>>
>>44257957
Jump-scare horror isn't possible at all, but psychological horror can still happen so long as you're able to get the players invested in your characters.

Thus, the sticking point.
>>
>>44257856
That would be extremely hectic and give rise to all sorts of namefaggotry and tripfaggotry that I really don't want to have associated with any identity I give myself.

Also there's a better platform for such shenanigans
http://attorneyonline.webstarts.com/contact.html
Shenanigans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrtDaKkp_kI
>>
>>44258176
What is the most essential thing to psychological horror, in your opinion?
>>
>>44258253
Atmosphere and relateable characters. If nobody gives a shit about the characters or setting, it will fail.
>>
Why is Archelon such an annoying cunt about posting irrelevant shit on his twitter and irrelevant images of his waifu in his quests?
>>
>>44258301
Because he's an autistic turtle who can't into faking human properly
>>
>>44258146
My time has come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvwpY4vGtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRxJFthqDM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrwInNp7vI
https://youtu.be/ioDgbWZGfhY?t=2013
Follow links until you find something that suits you.
One quest that ran last week (forget the name, all I remember is it had a theater theme with reaper MC) but had one of those 'horror music mixes' thrown in, which was okay on it's own, but what made it different was that the qm added various ambient weather noise tracks as the quest went along, which could just be played over the edgy orchestral music. Worked nicely I think.
>>
>>44258253
See >>44258286
See also: "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street". Knock out the power, turn a few appliances on and off, create a situation and watch people slowly crack under the stress. In good psychological horror the other characters should be as much a threat as the "monster", if not more so.
>>
>>44256181
madoka witch quest
I know it's a shitty idea.
>>
>>44256181
Captain of a lost carrier from the Homeworld universe.

Run from pirates. Build resource collectors, fighters, corvettes. Try to scrounge up tech to build a few frigates. Worry about whether or not you should plug your head into a computer.
>>
>>44258644
I got the impression those were pretty much mindless manifestations of a former girl's crushed hopes and dreams. What would be the point?
>>
>>44251931
I was participating there for the pre-curse stuff and when SQAnon started getting on a roll, but I watched the failure real time, that shit was hilarious. I think the added Style system was a solid choice, but I do hope there are measures in place where the idea of earning EXP to negated negatives/positives can and will be implimented in past and future quests, some of the negatives PQAnon got are absolutely brutal.

>>44254810
I too, am hyped for that meeting, should we get to it on Monday. Kinda want to see what personality traits are going to be added.

>>44256181
Superhuman Quest:
QMC is a recently awakened superhuman that has been picked up and brought to a facility that houses other Super-powered individuals. The facility is used to house newly awakened supers and train them to control their powers sot that they may either live a normal life in society, or defend the world from other Supers.

QMC's goal is to assimilate into a team of various Supers, form family bonds with their fellow team members, become a cohesive unit, overcome the struggle of your powers, your past and those of your friends, and save the world!

I've tossed about a few characters in my head, but haven't really done and serious consideration, nor thought too hard about a system, but who knows, maybe I'll find the time for it. Or at least find a way to turn my idea into something that is more than an idea.
>>
>>44258729
II guess it could either be an "are you a bad enough abomination to become the new walpurgis?" quest, or bullshit plot stuff could somehow give the PC intellect.
I would personally prefer the former.
>>
File: smurt.png (5 KB, 347x337) Image search: [Google]
smurt.png
5 KB, 347x337
>>44256181
Smurt Quest.
Drawquest where the MC is an especially stupid, alarmingly short Orc that is "gently encouraged" to leave his tribe. He then goes on adventures, meets new people and generally is an idiot throughout the world at large. It's lighthearted and fun without any grimdark or edgy parts to it.
>>
>>44258760
As much as I support the idea of getting some evil quests out there, I'd still be wondering what the point is here. What decisions exist to be made?
>>
>>44259179
Who to attack and feed off of, our strategy during a fight, how we interact with other witches, how we move forward.
Witches aren't *completely* mindless, they can still think, just not in the capacity to stay members of society even without the physical changes. I'd gauge them around Chimp/Gorrila level intelligence, with the ability to make relatively advanced plans. It's just that most don't out of general psychosis and because they don't need to.
>>
>>44255977
For a while I've had the idea of a sci-fi ship (and its crew) crash landing on a heavily fantasy planet in an unknown system. That could be cool.
>>
>>44259271
Let's not forget familiars.
It would kind of be like bring an evil warlord in his castle, sitting ominously on his throne; only it's a fish with arms sitting on a piece of corn hissing around dolls or some shit like that.
>>
>>44256181
Chin Chin quest.
Spread your corruption.
>>
>>44259957
Chimpout Quest

Get dat sweet welfare greens fo rims n shit.

Deal crack, fug white bitches.

Avoid da popo day is racis, dey gon get you even when you dindu nuffin
>>
How medical do I make my medical quest?
>>
File: warhammer_40k_ork_by_pabelbilly.jpg (220 KB, 719x800) Image search: [Google]
warhammer_40k_ork_by_pabelbilly.jpg
220 KB, 719x800
>>44251786
>> QM topic
>Are you going to do a Christmas special?

Not exactly a special, but yes.
>>
Running a quest right now at
>>44261419

Come check it out if you're into that kinda stuff
>>
>>44257957

Why would horror be hard in quest format?

Quests tend to have players get invested in the PC because it's presented as "you" (more pronounced if the players have played for a few threads), and a QM has perfect control over the player's agency without having to actually give them complete freedom like you would in a video game. Sounds to me like horror shouldn't be any more difficult than any other medium.

I mean yeah, jump-scares are probably much harder. I managed to scare/disturb a player recently in a quest with Lovecraft-inspired horror though.
>>
>>44261517
>Why would horror be hard in quest format?
Because your userbase is 4chan.

You could be the re-incarnation of <your favourite horror writer> and someone will still post "BANE?" if you refer to something wearing a mask, or talk about fucking the mind-bending monstrosity you spent ten minutes coming up with the description for.
>>
>>44261517
horror quests work if they are draw threads.

In which case it is AW SHIT LOOK BEHIND YOU NIGGA the quest.

Quest audience in those is basically those loud guys at movie theatres yelling at characters.
>>
>>44261517
>Why would horror be hard in quest format?
Horror tends to rely on tension. It's much harder to preserve tension in a format where there are breaks between every single scene. Imagine you had to see a horror movie where after each five minutes they played a commercial break.
It just wouldn't work.

Also >>44261543
>>
>>44261543
Though that's not to say you shouldn't run one at all.

Just so long as you're aware that no one will find it more than mildly scary.
>>
>>44261543
Would that specifically affect horror? Any kind of serious quest should be affected in the same way. And I don't think it's a big deal unless you're QMing a popular quest where shitposting runs rampant.

>>44261552
Same reaction to this; would that really just affect horror? There's plenty of quests that rely on thrill and action and whatnot, and you'd think the breaks in-between would ruin, say, a combat scene. I don't believe it does though.

Granted, I archive binge more than participate.
>>
>>44256181
Mad Max, although it's always seemed to free-form to run properly.
>>
>>44256181
I am trying to figure out how to make a lowlife quest that also has adventures without rapidly not becoming a lowlife quest any more.

Like, all the adventures have to result in no actual financial gain, I guess.
>>
>>44261680
Failing upwards.
>>
>>44256181
Want to play Constantine's style exorcists.
Exorcism of demons and angels' success will depends knowledge of the related religion and rituals.
Artifacts such as Shroud of Jesus,Demon sigils or part of True Cross can immensely help with fighting demons and angels.
You can play diplomacy with Heaven and Hell for favors and/or mission.

Want the MC to be an apprentice first before setting on their own.

Can partner up with a demon,angels,human and maybe witches...dunno.

Goal is to make sure Heaven and Hell do not create apocalypse and make sure that the Earth is a neutral zone
>>
>>44261443
it died? Or did you delete it?
>>
>>44262099
I assume he deleted it after getting no replies.
>>
>>>44262165
It has been quite a while so come and say hi
>>
>>44262200
that's a shame, my first quest was up for 4+ hours before it got its first (non-shitpost) reply.
>>
>>44251786
also

>QM topic

Sadly none, although i wish i could but i can barely post anything in my current state.

> player topic

Kind of related but whenever i try to put myself in the player's shoes, i just can't. There are some good ongoing quests but i can't seem to follow any of them.

What should i do?
>>
Have you ever been given a world map that is actually important in a quest, and not just a vague navigational too?

I am trying to reverse engineer the excitement I feel in games where I find out the world I had been exploring was only a fraction of the full game.
>>
>>44262478
That's not exciting in a quest, it's assumed. The quest can always just go somewhere else if enough people want it.
>>
>>44258398
These are too UNTZ UNTZ melodic and not as ambient/noise as I was looking for. That's why I already namedropped Tool as the point of reference.
>>
>>44263583
Then I guess MY time has come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOQZbNyx_cA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHfoCBw4lXs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rcxa-IlvgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRdP3-dH9Bo for some haunting club music.
>>
>>44263744
This is perfect, thanks.
>>
>>44263759
You know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmAD4gcLMo

And of course, Lustmord's Black Star.
>>
>>44252328

There's actually a pastebin that summarizes everything that happened until the most recent arc.

http://pastebin.com/xuZNynTM

Everything up to this point was basically buildup.
>>
>>44263850
I should really get on updating that.
>>
>>44263877

Most of it has been the boss battle to end all boss battles. I still think Armaros went down like a fucking punk, especially since he was built up to be the most powerful silver Player ever.

At least Kazuya is getting mileage out of his buster sword.
>>
>>44263895
I think we've been fighting that boss battle for three or four months now.

>I still think Armaros went down like a fucking punk, especially since he was built up to be the most powerful silver Player ever.
His ending was a little too abrupt, yeah. So was Argent, for that matter. Silver players don't have the best record, really.
>>
>>44264044

It's because JQOP actually rolls for the characters, so all kinds of weird results happen. Like Rook basically being a giant punching bag in the fight, and Haze being incapacitated by a single spell from Alura.
>>
>>44264071
Or losing Hecate. ;_;
>>
What's the deal with this dungeon quest that's been blowing up the archive?
>>
>tfw Father is going through the QM curse

First a relative of his dies, then he has quit his job and has to move to another state and find a new job.
>>
>>44263895
To be fair, he was fighting alone against fucking Kaiser and Bell, both of whom are among the most deadly melee combatants in the Quest. I would've hoped he'd have done more, but it's not surprising that he went down in such a gruesome way.

>>44264092
I still want to believe that there's a way to bring her back, since both her soul and body are technically alive.
>>
I miss Brouzouf Quest.
>>
I still find it hard to believe that a long running smut quest actually ended.
>>
File: Alexander_the_Second.jpg (32 KB, 330x416) Image search: [Google]
Alexander_the_Second.jpg
32 KB, 330x416
>Not exactly sure where to post this.

I already posted on twitter that I won't be able to run Princes and Tsars today as originally planned. As I had something last minute to take care of at work.

Needless to say I'll be here tomorrow running at a to be determined time. Sorry to those who may have been interested in tuning in.

Cheers,

Dmitri

>twitter: @DonskoiDmitri
>>
File: stupidsexyskeletor.png (65 KB, 434x245) Image search: [Google]
stupidsexyskeletor.png
65 KB, 434x245
DASQ will be for sure this afternoon, might be a little late because I'm going to go see Star Wars with brothers and grandpa
>>
Did that quest with the kids and monsters progresssed? Haven't seen it whole week.
>>
>>44251786
> player topic
Sure, any quest i didn't stop following, and kept me entretained at least once a week deserves a little something.
>>
>>44256181
I'd love to play in a Commissar Quest. Axisel is my greatest hope.

>>44256104
Well QM who can make a post every hour or so are preferred, but there are a shitton of much slower QM's out there who still does a good job.
>>
>>44256104
>>44265433

Updates every 15-20 minutes or GTFO
>>
>>44265611
>every 15-20 minutes

you're killing me anon
>>
>>44265611
>>44265646
>>44265433
>>44256104
Replies every 10 minutes and meta questions or GTFO
>>
>>44265679
how big an update every 10 minutes?
>>
File: decu_regrets.jpg (67 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
decu_regrets.jpg
67 KB, 640x640
>>44265611
>Updates every 15-20 minutes or GTFO
>>
>>44265783
>Gains Daily
/fraud/ pls
>>
>>44256104
How long does it take you to write the character limit with no preparation?
>>
>>44265772
"update in Yx10 minute. Writing..."
>>
Just what is going on with Spooky right now?
>>
>>44266117
It's Martian Triggerman. He's an integral part of Spooky lore, anon. Don't tell me you don't know his story.
>>
>>44266176
I've hear about him all the time and still don't know anything about him.
>>
>>44258644
I love preying upon innocents
>>
>>44266199
Oh. Well, he's just some dumb cunt that seems to believe shitposting is a religious experience. Also loves spamming, imoutos, and dakimakura.
Comes from the country of Myanmar. I think he managed to get the whole country rangebanned, so now he just hangs around on Spooky, trying to bait people. Efforts to be rid of him (or her, some say it's a psychotic lesbian, but that could just be a persona they've set up) have mostly been ineffective.
>>
which archive is the new spooky on anyhow?

moe died didn't it?
>>
>>44266281
desustorage.org/tg/ghost
>>
>>44265783
Daily reminder that decu ditched the superior Murakumo for KONGOU DESS
>>
>>44267138
AT-TE Commander Quest is up! Come, troopers, and try to survive.
>>
>>44258729
It'd work if the inner monologue was so insane it was difficult to follow, but then the players wouldn't really get what was happening and you wouldn't be able to describe it.

You could have countless paragraphs about your beautiful garden and pretty flowers then bring in the conflict when some ugly weeds start to creep in, and you have to strangle them with thorns or poison them off.

Or something to do with composing a beautiful symphony or holding a perfect party. The problem is that there's such a disconnect between the Witch, what its barrier looks like and what is actually happening. And the Witch isn't actually aware of any of this because it's more a collection of instincts and insanity than an actual functioning being. With the right images, writing tone and music you could create the impression of being inside a Witch barrier, but the writing would have to be discordant and nonsensical in order to create the disparity between reality and WitchVision.
>>
>>44267258
I couldn't see that going beyond a oneshot, but it'd be a pretty neat oneshot if done right.
>>
>>44258644
>we end up animated in MS Paint
>>
>>44267303
Fever Dream is hard to write without turning into that Dadaragons-fag
>>
>>44266719

Tank Commander Quest is up, and finally back to the main character! It's been stuck on a side story for, what, a month? The author breathes a sigh of relief and hopefully so does the audience.
>>
>>44267318
Or slipping too much into the lolsorandumb territory of Hollow Quest Redux
>>
>>44267350
There needs to be a point to everything that's there. You just can't clearly explain what it is.

Then the character backstory and tragic past comes out in the specifics of your obsessions, but it has to purely be alluded to through imagery or folklore or flower meanings or whatever. And there has to be an undercurrent of violence and danger to the whole thing that doesn't invalidate the rest.
>>
File: 84129481.jpg (90 KB, 1023x653) Image search: [Google]
84129481.jpg
90 KB, 1023x653
> [[ Broken Sky Online Quest: Session 16 ]]
>>44267443
>>
>>44267526
Please tell me, why is your quest so good?
>>
I'm here to announce a quest on Tuesday.

>In the 2020s, NASA has detected a strange, massive structure emerging into space in the orbit of Europa. The outpost on the planet has gone silent. Probes launched to the structure have given data that it's an artificially-made. So far so good, the probes say. However, that outpost has gone silent, and it's up to a team based on Ceres to go in and investigate what's happened.

Since it's so close to Christmas, I was thinking of doing this as a one-shot, before I come in with a (slightly longer) quest after the holidays.
>>
File: V'Ger.jpg (312 KB, 1280x627) Image search: [Google]
V'Ger.jpg
312 KB, 1280x627
>>44267992
>>
>>44262200
>>44262226
Welp, I am now sufficiently discouraged from ever running anything.
>>
>>44268216
Just make it something that'll draw a few anons in.
>>
>>44268129
That's one inspiration. I'll gladly take feedback from running the oneshot.
>>
>>44267992
>In the 2020s, NASA has detected a strange, massive structure emerging into space in the orbit of Europa. The outpost on the planet has gone silent. Probes launched to the structure have given data that it's an artificially-made. So far so good, the probes say. However, that outpost has gone silent, and it's up to a team based on Ceres to go in and investigate what's happened.

>Outpost on not just Europa but also Ceres in 2020s, despite knowing the current space exploration progress in the year 2015
>Europa is a planet now

I know anons above were talking about wanting supersonic QMs, but try to keep at least the most basic facts straight.
>>
File: Extreme Parenting Fight Screen.png (24 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Extreme Parenting Fight Screen.png
24 KB, 800x600
Hey- is anyone who read/liked Extreme Parenting Quest still around? It was a 'mon quest where the 'mons were your own kids. It's archived here if that sounds interesting to you, and image related is art from the first thread.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Extreme+Parenting
I want to revive Extreme Parenting, but I don't think the quest format is right for it. Has anyone had any success taking a quest's mechanics and running (online) tabletop sessions with them? If any of my old readers are still around, and that sounds like fun, I'd love to set up a session sometime. It'll be fun- you can make your own kids, I'll draw art of your characters and scenarios, we can do PvP or co-op or single-player.
(I know this really goes in the Game-Finder thread, and I'll probably post there too, but I thought I might find people who remembered the quest here.)
>>
>>44268607
>Implying a probe can't orbit a moon
>Not asking, "Isn't it odd that the space program in this is far more advanced than real life?"

Yes I left out facts in the pitch. The huge sperg about the setting isn't particularly essential tonight.

>Battletech's space development in the 2000's is unacceptable!
> It's not like there was fiction in the 70's and 80's of far more advanced space programs in the 2030's or 2010's, nope, that never existed!
>>
File: 6.1.png (2 MB, 1014x1600) Image search: [Google]
6.1.png
2 MB, 1014x1600
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/21-battle-of-battles/vuzv4Zdq83LyhoZYv
>>
>>44255518
I'm writing up Hand of Fate Quest right now, I'll have it up in an Hour or so, Twitter: @QMTheDealer
>>
>>44253155
>Had to catch a boat
We all know how this turns out, anon. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>44269740
Must've been a nice boat
>>
>>44265216
Running late on getting the thread up. Will run all night to make up for it
>>
>>44269406
Posted, if anyone still follows
>>
>>44270632
>>
File: kGCNb.gif (2 MB, 265x200) Image search: [Google]
kGCNb.gif
2 MB, 265x200
>>44271061
>>44270579

Fuck Im stupid
>>
File: wayofthedove.jpg (10 KB, 236x373) Image search: [Google]
wayofthedove.jpg
10 KB, 236x373
Who would be down for a quest where ya'll play as a new-agey monk wandering a post-apocalyptic, warring states china inspired California?
>>
>>44271186
my schedule is currently clear and the premise is withing minimum quality requirements for me to check it out.

You'll get a looksee, but the big part is how you execute.
>>
>>44271237
Sweet, I'll get it started. This is my first quest though, so use lube.
>>
>>44271360
Sure. See you in a few days when prep is done.
>>
>>44271377
I've actually been planning for a while already.
>>
>>44270004
>>44271638
Up super late, sorry folks
>>
A few months ago I was worried about my QM not getting enough sleep. Now he's getting too much.
>>
>>44271186
I'd be down for it. I have the monk playing seson on me
>>
Just to follow up, I'm looking to run my quest on Tuesday night, somewhere like 8:45 pm EST.
>>
File: 1428192106756.jpg (77 KB, 258x424) Image search: [Google]
1428192106756.jpg
77 KB, 258x424
I'm worried about you, Quest players/runners.

Have a merry Christmas and don't push yourselves.
>>
>>44273277
Why are you worried?
>>
>>44273277
I forgot to get my flu shot.
>>
>>44273352
It's almost Christmas and this year has probably been one of the biggest dieoff of QMs ever.
>>
>>44273399
I think some sort of citation is needed but I'm certain nobody keeps track of that.
>>
>>44273399
Quests are a dying medium.
>>
>>44273459
If you say so buddy
>>
File: 1349471993377.jpg (23 KB, 160x192) Image search: [Google]
1349471993377.jpg
23 KB, 160x192
>>44273353
Go right out and get it right this moment or you'll die from Japanese cold.

>>44273352
I just am. this time of the year is worrying and Quests are like the one thing in my life that hasn't changed dramatically this year.

>>44273399
Is that true?

>>44273458
Someone should!

>>44273459
Don't even joke about that!
>>
>>44273482
>Die from Japanese cold

Why must you remind me?
>>
>>44273459
Your mom is a dying medium.

But seriously, it does seem like there are fewer "big" quests going on than there used to be.
>>
>>44251786
>Would I buy my QM a Christmas Present?

Pretty sure axi would think its a bribe

Would't know wtf to get SAQ/JAQ's gm's maybe lewds made?
>>
>>44273508
I want another dumb, mindless SoL quest where it feels like nothing bad will happen and I can talk amongst the players like it was just another discussion thread.

Is that so hard?
>>
>>44273399
Less than two months before I give up on Damp ever coming back.
>>
>>44273549
Don't give up hope! You never know who may show back up again!
>>
>>44273543
But if nothing bad happens then how will your connection with the characters be tested
>>
>>44273482
>Is that true?
From among the QMs I follow:
Soma has been busy with school, but was still able to run once a week
Crusty has missed a number of threads due to being busy
Languid hasn't run at all for a month due to school
Diarca lost his internet connection
>>
I have too many ideas I want to run, but almost none that I think I SHOULD run.

Anyone else have the same problem? Like that one idea that sounds great in your head, but you realize is just niche spur-of-the-moment thing that you'll hate if you tried to run it?
>>
>>44273617
Sometimes.
I have good idea on what i want to run but cant because English isnt my first language and I have shit grammar
>>
>>44273606
HF is doing HF things
QD is on a break
Damp died
Hexer has recently disappeared into the ether
Whiskey bailed
>>
>>44273643
Run it in your native language and put the decisions in english.

The story will be a work of art.
>>
>>44273643
Do it anyway. Play it off comedically like the the Engrish is charming.
>>
>>44273599
Are you following valen quest by any chance?
I shouldn't be this accustomed to only feeling despair and regret for my actions.
>>
I know its time consuming, but is it bad that I like having alot of visual props in my quest?
>>
>>44273666
I am a bit hesitant with your work, Satan

>>44273678
I'll try...Maybe after new year...

either this>>44261776
or
Drifter idea
>>
>>44273724
No. Also take off your name.
>>
How do I involve a quest that involves cheesy military with sci-fi elements without it seeming overdone and boring?

Because that's the feeling in the pit of my stomach when I hear "Military quest with sci-fi elements"
>>
>>44273874
Star trooper
>>
>>44272786
Here's the link:
>>44271863
>>
>>44273694
Every time Riz runs my mental estimation of my intelligence drops. Fuck we're dumb.

Trading national history-changing secrets for the name and passphrase of a single criminal underground. ;_;
>>
>>44273508
>"big" quests

Who's totally down for a retooled totally overhauled reboot of Editors? Preferably without that naughty, filthy powergaming?
>>
I'm revisiting an old idea.

You play as a fortune teller who has mild precog abilities.Your fighting ability is limited, at best. You play more akin to a point-and-click adventure hero.

But with precog abilities, Players shouldn't have to. Avoid fights when possible, investigate when safe.

Then pick up random, useless objects and mcguyver them into useful tools because you have the foresight to see that you can use them that way.
>>
File: 1448778922248.jpg (25 KB, 367x357) Image search: [Google]
1448778922248.jpg
25 KB, 367x357
>>44274198
Please, no.
>>
>>44274198
>Rebooting a quest you don't own

Can you do that!?
>>
>>44274253
NO ONIICHAN NO
>>
>that feeling when you've been given the entire setting, quest and all because the QM/creator quit for good

>happymerchant.jpg
>>
>>44274267
WHO'S GONNA STOP ME? THE QUEST POLICE?
>>
>>44274347
>That feeling when an anon is given the entire quest to run because the QM got eaten by the british army.

>Everything goes badly. Precious memories are tainted.

Ripsnek.
>>
>>44271186
I'm more than down for this.
>>
File: cartman.jpg (35 KB, 650x357) Image search: [Google]
cartman.jpg
35 KB, 650x357
>>44274360
Stop me now faggot
>>
File: Diary of Reflections.jpg (65 KB, 850x700) Image search: [Google]
Diary of Reflections.jpg
65 KB, 850x700
>>44274447
Valen Quest is live for any of my (four) players who missed the twitter.
>>
>>That feeling when an anon is given the entire quest to run because the QM got eaten by the british army.
>>Everything goes badly. Precious memories are tainted.

Your favorite quest is given to the next big quest QM to run in the original QM's place. What happens?
>>
>>44274436
Link is here:

>>44271863
>>
>>44274105
...Great, good job anon. Now I have to go check out this quest and see if it has the requisite suffering I require.
>>
Can a fanfiction quest be done right?
>>
>>44274921
Yes.
>>
>>44274921
No.
>>
>>44274921
'Can' is such a tricky word to use. It CAN be done, in the same way that a person CAN hold their breath for 10 minutes.
>>
>>44274921
Maybe
>>
>>44274921
Reply hazy try again
>>
>>44274921
Can a fanfiction quest be done wrong?
>>
>>44275167
Yes.
>>
>>44275167
No.
>>
>>44275167
Maybe
>>
>>44275167
Reply hazy try again
>>
>>44275167
I don't know
>>
>>44275167
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>44275167
Concentrate and ask again
>>
>>44275167
'Can' is such a tricky word to use. It CAN be done, in the same way that a person CAN breath more than once every 10 minutes.
>>
What is the optimum number of waifus?
>>
>>44276082
>>
>>44276090
Btw Aspiring Emperor Quest would be better without the waifus.
>>
File: waifuLaifu.jpg (36 KB, 499x492) Image search: [Google]
waifuLaifu.jpg
36 KB, 499x492
>>44276082
>>
>>44276082
Harems are for cowards that lack the resolve to male a choice.
>>
>>44274524

It'll probably end up running longer and getting more of fan base than it did.
>>
>>44276082

Better question: What is the optimum number of husbandos?
>>
File: 1422721374608.jpg (868 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1422721374608.jpg
868 KB, 2560x1600
Just concluded Broken Sky Online for tonight.
Thanks to any of the denizens of /qtg/ who decided to join us!

We'll be back in action in the coming week, if not tomorrow, so feel free to check out the archive if you haven't:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Broken%20Sky
>>
>>44276724
As many as your body has room for.
>>
File: 1419702907681.png (75 KB, 198x194) Image search: [Google]
1419702907681.png
75 KB, 198x194
Can Magical Girls make a comeback?
>>
>>44276836
Only if they're futalolis.
>>
>>44276836
I fucking hope not.
>>
>>44265783

Awww, that's adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIjL95Dbv0
>>
File: 1449985090520.jpg (612 KB, 888x1456) Image search: [Google]
1449985090520.jpg
612 KB, 888x1456
>>44276876
>>44276891
Want to hear my pitch for a new one?
>>
>>44277198
No.
>>
>>44277198
Yes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.