[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hand Of Fate Quest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: s1.png (2 MB, 1523x682) Image search: [Google]
s1.png
2 MB, 1523x682
Pastebin of all posts so far: http://pastebin.com/gEb5tfdA
Characters/Places: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kNX_mpRmMej4f2OEjFz-zBbRMq652oGLBI7hnFCWguc/edit?usp=sharing

We return once more to the game of fate! Without a doubt more questions have been raised than answered, but we have only tackled three cards in the deck of your memories!

Who is the Lord of Autumn? How could a lowly lumberjack become involved with such grandiose figures? Why were there naked goblins eating strange mushrooms in sewers?

You have earned two tokens, once you complete this first level they shall award you new cards which will uncover more of your memories as well as challenge you to ensure you are worthy of my gift to you.

You may take 1 meta action per turn and 1 board action. If this thread gets more than 5 people I will ask you to roll to see whose action is considered canon.

((Still pretty new at this, so bear with me, if this quest dies I will at least have gotten some quest design experience))
((Image pending))

[Meta] You notice that you have so far only drawn cards from one deck… there are a few others laid out
[Subranch 1] Ask what each deck contains
[Board] Move your game piece to the next card on the right.
[Board] (I would allow you to move back, but the cards will not reactivate their encounter, ill just tell you its pointless)
[Other] Specify…
>>
File: Card 03.png (2 MB, 1300x800) Image search: [Google]
Card 03.png
2 MB, 1300x800
Current Progress
>>
>>44270579
>[Board] Move your game piece to the next card on the right.
>[Meta] Play with some cards. Examine what material they're made of, and if they bend. Maybe practice shuffling them.
You know you spent a lot of effort saying it's here without actually linking it anywhere.
>>
keep trying. And don't forget your twitter
>>
File: Wild Guess.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Wild Guess.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>44271090
@QMTheDealer

>>44270944

You begin to pick up one of the revealed cards, your fingers move along worn cardback. The cardback is surprisingly rough to the touch, like paper after it’s been doused in water but allowed to dry undisturbed. They bend very unwillingly and you feel as if at any moment you might accidentally mark them. The cards shuffle easily despite their roughness.

The dealer watches you awhile, bemusedly. The next card flips of its own accord and your piece hops onto it. Your mind begins to be drawn into the scenery yet you continue to shuffle in a carefree fashion.

The Dealer addresses you: “As you progress you will consume food, and as you consume food you will heal. You will also acquire currency during your travels which you can spend at shop cards that have been shuffled into the deck. As you are damaged, your life will deplete. I think you can figure out the rest.”

Two twin statues appear around the bend in a low canyon pass, each with an empty outstretched palm. Their stone faces are rounded and squat, their necks entirely non-existent.

Inscription under each: “Give me the Idol”. There is a carved ivory idol that resembles both of the statues nearby.

Between the two, a stone cask lies closed, a thick layer of leaves over it.

[Meta] Ask about what (X) deck contains (specify X)
[Board] Inspect the surroundings (for what?)
[Board] Attempt to recall more information
[Board] Choose one of the statues
[Other] Specify…
>>
>>44271564
I meant linking this thread on your twitter, instead of just saying "it's up" and having people look for it.

>[Other] Specify…
>Take some leaves
>Take the idol
>Continue on without giving the idol
should've said please
>>
>>44271671
Writing
>>
File: Card Lvl 2.png (3 MB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
Card Lvl 2.png
3 MB, 1300x1300
>>44271671
I'll remember that tip,

“An… Interesting choice, I suppose we shall move on to the next card.”

Your token moves to the next card, called “Hitch a Ride”, a farmer offers you a ride in his cart to your next destination. You feel that you had no other destination in mind anyway. The rest of the cards disappear and several new ones are laid out. One card to the north, south, west and east of you.

“You may remember that I told you I would test to see if you were worthy of receiving my aid in remembering your past. I have placed a deadly hunter here for you to test yourself against. Preparedness is key.”

[Meta] You notice that you have so far only drawn cards from one deck… there are a few others laid out
[Subranch 1] Ask what each deck contains
[Board] Move your game piece (which card?)
[Other] Specify…
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>44272327
>[Meta] You notice that you have so far only drawn cards from one deck… there are a few others laid out
>[Subranch 1] Ask what each deck contains
>[Board] Move your game piece (which card?)
do we know anything in particular about the directions? If not I'ma just roll.
>>
>>44272365
Nope, not a thing, are you going clockwise from the top?
>>
>>44272494
sure, let's go with that
>>
File: Divine Favor.png (117 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Divine Favor.png
117 KB, 223x310
>>44272365
The other decks you see before you include the Blessing, Curse, Equipment, Pain and Gain decks. Certain encounters call upon us to draw from these decks. You will see shortly what each deck contains…

You arrive in the night at the door of a monastery. A fat monk with yellowed teeth and a horrid musky breath looks you up and down.

“Come dear boy, you must be weary from the roads travel. Praise be unto the laborer, for often the unjust benefit from his hard work.”

[Meta] ...
[Board] Accept his invitation
[Board] Refuse his invitation (move to the Hitch a Ride card, then which one?)
[Other] Specify…
>>
>>44272819
>[Meta]
Have we asked yet what happens if we lose?
>[Board] Accept his invitation
>>
>>44272819
>[Board] Accept his invitation
>>
File: Awi5qjp.jpg (157 KB, 679x840) Image search: [Google]
Awi5qjp.jpg
157 KB, 679x840
>>44272853
“Yes, I imagine you might have thought the stakes harmless. But we do not wager fate so freely. Fail and I shall cast you out, you shall be lost and bereft of all memory. You will have no more place in my story, and effectively… cease to be. I admit, you have stirred my curiosity, but the rules do not bend! Neither in your favor or mine.”

You are taken into the humble monastery. A rush of wind follows you in, but the door quickly slams shut once more.

The monk speaks with a nasal drawl as he leads you through the halls of the quiet building.
“The other acolytes are sleeping, I was about to lock the doors for the night, you are quite fortunate my good fellow.”

A few torches are all that light up the intersections in each hallway. The monk leads you forward with a tall wavering candle.

You spot yourself in the mirror as you are being led about, thick brown beard, bushy eyebrows and wild hair. You look quite like the archetypical woodsman. You are dressed in clothes made from various beast furs that have been sewn together. Your arms are thickly muscled and your belly is only slightly protruding. “My son, why do you tarry?” You remember yourself and continue to follow the nameless monk.

You enter the pantry, the monk sets the candle aside and looks for some food for you.

[Meta] ...
[Board] Ask more about the religion this monastery serves
[Board] Ask his name, and how his day has been
[Board] Ask about the area, anything that might interest you
[Board] Remain silent.
[Other] Specify…
>>
File: Monk.jpg (65 KB, 451x648) Image search: [Google]
Monk.jpg
65 KB, 451x648
Bump
>>
>>44273227
>[Board] Ask more about the religion this monastery serves
>[Other] Specify…
>Ask about this mushroom sample and idol
>>
>>44273771
Ask the monk or the dealer?
>>
>>44273921
monk

and I guess the dealer if "items" carry over.
>>
File: 01 Card Lvl 2.png (3 MB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
01 Card Lvl 2.png
3 MB, 1300x1300
>>44273958
>>44273771

Each time you win the game, everything that you have acquired will be reset. But the tokens you acquire will unlock new encounters and treasures, permanently. The more tokens you earn, the grander and more impressive our games become.

((I know it probably goes against the philosophy of most quests, but it makes trying to balance things easier. Also I don’t want my first quest to last a crazy amount of time, this allows for a more modular type of game))

“We serve the Suffering Lady, who feels the pain of all things. She weeps for us daily, but we do our best to ease her pain by easing all of our collective woes. I shall try not to bore you with sermons however. Eat.”

He looks at the strange objects you bring before him. “This ivory idol I’ve never seen it’s like, although by its size, its most likely carved from deer antler. So of course, not really ivory. The mushroom likewise, I must collect hundreds each spring, but my tomes on mushrooms indicate that it's most likely poisonous.”

You finish eating, and are given a bed. You feel renewed for the journey ahead. The monk gives you his blessings knowing that you walk a noble path.

I have drawn you a blessing, called Searing Blood! Blessings are immaterial benefits that can be removed only through special means.

You have earned this cards token! You have a total of three.

[Meta] Ask more about Blessings (or Curses)
[Board] Do something else at the monastery (what?)
[Board] Continue to a new destination, which card, North, West, and South?
[Other] Specify…
>>
File: Searing Blood.jpg (32 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Searing Blood.jpg
32 KB, 375x523
>>44274578
The stats on that blessing btw
>>
>>44274578
>[Meta] Ask more about Blessings (or Curses)
>[Board] Do something else at the monastery (what?)
>Ask if the monks know of this Lord of Autumn
>>
File: 00Inventory.png (496 KB, 1300x800) Image search: [Google]
00Inventory.png
496 KB, 1300x800
>>44274624

“If you anger or please the gods they shall favor you in different ways. Some people are gifted with being able to channel their gods authority, be wary of such people for they are not always evident.”

The head monk gravely nods his head. “Aye, much suffering is caused by him and his ilk, though not unprovoked. Foolhardy men think the Elves as easy prey and think nothing of the consequences of their actions. We pray daily that tensions do not reach a boiling point.”

[Meta] ….
[Board] Do something else at the monastery (what?)
[Board] Continue to a new destination, which card, North, West, and South?
[Other] Specify…
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>44274997
>[Board] Do something else at the monastery (what?)
thank the monk, warn about the lumberjack
>[Board] Continue to a new destination, which card, North, West, and South?
>>
Alright anon's I think I'll stop this for today, thank you all for participating and for taking an interest.

I'll pick this up again tomorrow, either in the morning or evening. In the meantime, please feel free to either give me more advice or input, thoughts on the story, or on the quest structure.

I'm curious also, how many of you anons have played the actual video game?

If you want you can drop your most evocative magic cards or images, and maybe they could crop up later down the road.
>>
>>44275242
>I'm curious also, how many of you anons have played the actual video game?
Might pick it up during the christmas sale. I'm aware of the basic premise, though.

>>44275242
>If you want you can drop your most evocative magic cards or images, and maybe they could crop up later down the road.
I forgot if I'm getting the card name right, but Dragon Blood. tap for +1/+1
"Skin to scale, Fist to Claw"

Dawn's Reflection looks pretty.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.