[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 149
File: lostgenewarriorchapter.jpg (315 KB, 1500x753) Image search: [Google]
lostgenewarriorchapter.jpg
315 KB, 1500x753
Paradise Dome edition

>Stellaris OP:
http://pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
https://mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
http://pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>More info on Civ VI:
http://www.pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Last thread: >>143762351
>>
Why isn't Stellaris in /gsg/? It should be in /gsg/.
>>
>>143861026
/gsg/ is for 2x'es and 3x'es.
>>
>>143861026
Its probably a good thing, I've never been to gsg
>>
>>143861026
the autists there sperged hard
>>
>143860786
Nice map, which mod is it?
>>
>>143861026
Steamgroup kicked it out
>>
>>143861026
Everyone's happier for it, desu.
The old autists and the damfpgruppe memers go batshit when removed from their comfort zone.
>>
>>143861221
Border outlines are a bug? That pic looks neat and clean.
>>
>>143861385
Oh that's a DLC feature, it's from internal build.
>>
>>143861385
Oh that, god, I wish I knew. Someone should ask about that in the dev diary thread.
>>
>>143861385
Yeah, that's what I want to ask too.
>>
>>143861385
No, the bug was that the ai empires would implode into a bunch of splinter empires due to rebellions.
>>
>Stellaris Mod Archive
>a bunch of folders named random numbers
Can someone explain this?
>>
>empire declares war on me
>wipe them out
>suddenly YOU'RE the bad guy
defend this
>>
>get mildly inconvenienced
>respond with genocide
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>143861385
you can make it kinda look like that by using
>tweakergui draw.dust
>tweakergui borders.usemesh
in the console

Dunno how it's all explored right at the start though.
>>
>>143862183
>>wipe them out
>nothing bad about this
>>
>>143862169
It's the number of the mod in the steam workshop
>>
How difficult is it to make custom namelists, races etc for an empire?
>>
>>143862301
The civilians who were wiped out are also to blame for allowing their government to wage war on me. They deserve it.
>>
>>143862380
>They deserve it.
>not the bad guy
>>
>>143860979
>amazon chapter
YES
>>
>>143862183
It's not necessarily that you're the bad guy, just that you just suddenly grew a lot larger and crushed another Empire, and now your neighbors see you as a legitimate threat. I can't wait until tributaries get added since vassals aren't that great and annexing causes threat out the ass.
>>
>>143862169
Workshop mods are organized by number by steam which is the same as the number in the URL on steam.
>>
File: xdXDDxdXdxD.gif (3 MB, 450x231) Image search: [Google]
xdXDDxdXdxD.gif
3 MB, 450x231
>tfw you start crushing the FE who bullied you earlier
>>
File: 20160530204312_1.jpg (445 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160530204312_1.jpg
445 KB, 1920x1080
>>143860979
anyone playing Civ5 with the Community Balance Patch? it's pretty damn good imho
>>
>>143862183
>Neighbour shoots my dog
>Tie him up, rape his wife and children in front of him, force his dog and son to have sex, chop up his family and dog and feed them to him
>Burn down his house with him in it, as well as killing all his family members that aren't direct family (cousins, grandparents, uncles etc.)

It was self-defense officer!
>>
>>143862936
Pretty good, vassalising enemies should have been in the main game though.
>>
File: I don't like surprises.jpg (77 KB, 784x417) Image search: [Google]
I don't like surprises.jpg
77 KB, 784x417
Will the open beta be patched today you think?
>>
>>143863131
certainly. i'm still getting the hang of it, my game crashes every 50 turns or so, though. i wanted to use JFD's gameplay mods with it but they dont seem to work. maybe exploration continued will, sucks that scouts lack an up-gradable tree given how good they are in CBP
>>
>>143862950
Seems like an entirely reasonable reaction to me.

That dog was a bro
>>
>>143863347
I'd assume so, they'll probably fix up Friday's hotfix and re-release it.
>>
File: ought.jpg (10 KB, 450x244) Image search: [Google]
ought.jpg
10 KB, 450x244
>>143862950
>It was self-defense officer!
Which is the way it ought to be. Always.
>>
>>143862183
Vassalize and integrate them.
>>
>>143862183
This.
>AI wardecs
>take a couple of planets to make them pay for their arrogance
>suddenly I'm a threat to the galaxy
Why?
>>
>>143864038
They thought you were just some newbie beta bitchboi then your 60k Fleets of Lances and doomstack corvettes were broadcasted for the whole galaxy to see. Who wouldn't see you as a threat??
>>
Are hangars useful on cruisers?
>>
literally doing nothing: the game
>>
>>143864038
>Someone starts a fight
>You beat him and then steal his wallet
>Suddenly you are the bad guy
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (605 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
605 KB, 1920x1080
>decide to insult a Stagnant Ascendancy for fun to see if I can provoke war
>a few decades later they demandI grovel to them or something which would make my empire look like cucks
>tell them to fuck off
>he declares war against me and my federation
>send my biggest death stack to his ring world immediately
>for some reason he has already surrounded some of my sectors and starts bombarding shit
>little does he know I'm moments away from anally devastating him with federation buddies
>wreck him hard
>he starts desperately porting back his ships - all die one by one - arguably his entire fleet could have wrecked us if they were all there at once
>demand independence part of his empire
>those guys love me
>the original guys then get invaded by another empire and totally wiped out

Best possible outcome... I now have an ex-stagnant ascendancy race who basically align with me perfectly, and a few years later joined my federation too
>>
>>143864256
Then the guy shouldn't have come at me with a knife and should be thankful he's still alive.
>>
>>143864038
Because usually when someone wars you, combat is the last option. You negotiate for a few minerals, credits, maybe even a cargo of pet aliums or some other crystal. The point was to minimize unnecessary costs that would be incurred by deploying fleets and going to war. Of course this doesn't happen on account of shit diplomacy AI and resources that are worth less than shit. There isn't even a real economy in this game so the only option when some yiffer fucks with your empire is to fuck their planets.

Point is you're the bad guy because Paradox released an unfinished game.
>>
>>143862936
Does it make the AI combat any better than the total shit it is?

I loved Civ 5, but HATE the AI, I hate "winning" a defensive battle knowing it was because the shit AI randomly turning around, or embarking on a lake, or shit like that. I WANT to lose battles and cities, it makes the game more exciting
>>
>>143864520
Why ask questions when you don't accept the answers
>>
>>143864612
Nothing will ever fix Civ V's AI
>>
>>143864702
Ever heard of rhetoric?
>>
Are mods now updated for 1.03 patch ?

Even if game sucks i need to play Kerbals....
>>
>>143864787
It was a philosofical question.
>>
File: cya.png (947 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
cya.png
947 KB, 1366x768
>take on a large federation/coalition/group of friendly states/wankers
>They have the bigger fleetdick
>Warscore means I'm still winning Just by dodging their fleets and killing their stations
>sometimes the krogan fleet's uncontrollable instinct to kill mining stations means we have to leave early

Fuck its fun to fight like this. Wormhole Besthole. (was using warp before)

Also to the guy in the last bread, sometimes my krogan pics are fucking up in 1.1, but it was only recently
>>
>>143864821
they all work with 1.03
>>
>>143864936
Thanks! last time i checked many were still for 1.02. The mod list without names doesn't help either
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites? I get it for the greater definition, but Ingame, it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive. this is totally not the case.

I'm somewhat rustled. Materialist should have more to do with economy than research, just how Spiritualist should have more to with influence and power than mere happiness.

In somewhat rustled.
>>
Is it a bug or exploit that you can just build massive quantities of Outpost Frontiers for no monthly cost by having them located within a Sector?

Are there any downsides to this?
>>
>>143864986
just edit with notepad++ to be compatible with 1.03. They should all work regardless but if you want them to look nice in the mod loading screen, then edit them.
>>
>>143865000
Materialism ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through material wealth", where material wealth is made and improved by Science. Spirituality ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through the self", which is just flat happy. These two things don't imply anti-science, it just implies a materialist society will work more/harder on science.
>>
File: wtf.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
1 MB, 1280x720
How to report bugs?

If a system is unreachable (I think due to this ship having never been upgraded ever), it will just build whatever you want remotely without even moving!

Massive exploit obviously
>>
>>143865013
That it should be fixed in 1.1 so forget about it.
They also supposedly kill the hidden influence income of sectors, so you have to manually upgrade shelters and planadms.
You have to do that anyway because the AI is retarded.
>>
>>143865000
materialists only care for what they can see and use, spiritualists care for something beyond just minerals, both can be scientific.

Pretty simple tbqh
>>
>>143865167
Kek. But yeah, it's almost as if Paradox has some kind of forums, where there is a specific stellaris subboard for bug reports.
>>
>>143865251
CBA to make an account though, no email address?

I don't abuse exploits I find as it ruins games, but I suppose for people doing multiplayer it's pretty huge
>>
>>143865072
I'll give it a try
>>
This must be the most retarded mod archive I've ever seen

which one is the fucking whites only mod
>>
>play without rangefinder
>fleets just blob up so long-range weapons aren't as good as they could be
>play with rangefinder
>fleets get stuck between stations and don't fire at anything
kill me
>>
>>143865453
>>fleets get stuck between stations and don't fire at anything
this never happened to me. Is their range set beyond their weapons range?
>>
>>143865505
not it's set to fucking 5, but it does it at any range as far as I can tell
they engage fleets just fine but refuse to go anywhere near stations
>>
>>143864459
How do you make federations, you must be nice to everyone? People won't even align with me, its seems easier to conquer in the time it would take to make them happy.
>>
>>143865000
Because literal meme magic.
>>
>>143865741
I know that feel.
Everyone is happy with their friends and allies and federations, and I'm alone in the galaxy.

It might have to do with the fact that I declared war on the only two friends I had just to take one planet. And that my empire is xenophobic genocidal slavers.
>>
>>143865505
You literally lose 2 corvettes for each station with rangefinder because they engage 1 by 1
>>
>>143865505
Because range-finder guy get it wrong in some cases(behaviour ones).
Upload your version and I will fix it and reupload.
>>
>>143865616
>>143865993
like I said it doesnt for me. Are you gys using bb_rangefnder and zbeautiful_battles?
>>
>>143866060
I do actually
>>
>>143866109
I dunno then sorry mate.
>>
Is there a way to make my homeworld a death world for RP purpose?
>>
>>143865000
In classic philosophy materialism and spiritualism are opposites.

Spiritualism being opposed to science is just paracucks being your average swedish fedora tippers.
>>
>>143866060
not zbb
will that fix it?
>>
>>143865874
my african american star slaver!

who else extreme collectivist/materialist?
nothing better than utterly curbstomping an empire, taking their planets, and purging every ALIEN FREAK not on a key (slave) planet
>>
>>143865000
>it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive

But it doesnt? Spiritualim doesn't give you a penalty to research at all, and it weights the dice more for psi-tech while materialism has a hard time getting them
>>
>>143865874
Its kinda funny when you would like to ally with the Ai bordering you cause their worlds are ice cubes and I don't need that, but they will refuse, so you conquer them.

Its like being darth vader,
>join me and together we can rule the galaxy!
>nah, purging is wrong
>very well... Declare war.
>>
One question about war goals and stuff:

If I demand 2 planets and occupy them can I end the war regardless of war score ?
>>
Does anyone else find shit like the 5 core planet limit, tech penalties and other anti-blobbing measures pretty fucking retarded in a game where currently the only two win conditions are occupy 40% of all habitable planets or kill all other empires?

Also, having the whole CK2 limit on directly controlled territories but without the multidimensional vassal characters to delegate sectors to pretty much removes a great deal of strategic depth and breadth.

Like wtf, this game is failing as 4x and as gsg, and what sucks is, it's a good base of a game, it has a lot of potential, but Nu Paradox is fucking godawful. They're not trying to make good games for their customers it's all designed and balanced around their faggy inter-office multi-player games instead of having a proper vision and series of design goals.

Thank god for modders and the ease with which these games are modded.
>>
>>143866757
The planet core limit is dumb as fuck but I like putting planets in a sectore if I just don't feel like microing them. Finding unoccupied space ports in secotrs is a pain in the ass though.

Tech penalties and anti-blobbing is just pure shit and people need to get good
>>
>>143866387
okay well I guess making small lasers shoot 30 units is a good way to fix it
>>143866610
no, you still need warscore
>>
>>143866387
maybe senpai
>>
>>143865000
>In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites? I get it for the greater definition, but Ingame, it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive. this is totally not the case.

Spiritualism doesn't necessarily mean religion, and materialism doesn't necessarily mean not religion.

The ethos are vague by design to cover more possible alignments.
>>
>>143865616
This happened to me too, I think it's because of the "orbit" preset rangefinder gives to mid range computers. Never really warmed to rangefinder 2bh, in the end I changed it with BB+Colonize unlimited+Bigger Space stuff that you can find in the workshop, imma happy nigga now.
>>
>>143865000
>In Stellaris, why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites?

Because fucking Swedes can't into political philosophy., the ethical axes are rather gay and limited and need expanded and refined. We'll have mods the fix up ethics and add new ones once they sell us a dlc that adds more ethics.
>>
>-% happiness with capacity boosters if individualist
damn
an exception for if you were also materialist would be nice imo
>>
File: 1459994540775.jpg (40 KB, 606x606) Image search: [Google]
1459994540775.jpg
40 KB, 606x606
>>143866391
>be Spiritualist+Collectivist+Militarist
>if i want materialist research centre i invade my materialist neighbours and PURGE everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y00-txobWs4
>>
>>143866757
Tech penalty isn't that bad. Its actually decent anti blobing mechanic.
It could be better done but the whole teching is plain.
Sectors are shit though as there is nothing to do with them and interacting with them is shit. The same goes for factions.\
Stellaris is a budget game made by free labour and Paracucks never expected it to be a hit.
>>
>>143866850
>The planet core limit is dumb as fuck but I like putting planets in a sectore if I just don't feel like microing them.

I'm OCD as fuck, I'm fine with shoving planets into sectors once have them how I want them if i can trust the ai to not fuck with them except to upgrade the shit I already built to next tier when it can, but can't fully trust it to do that yet.

>Tech penalties and anti-blobbing is just pure shit and people need to get good

They'd be more acceptable if they were implemented in a dynamic and clever manner instead of just stupid lump size/population penalty. There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech. There needs to be better implementation of penalties, should be tech that increases core planet number, tech and buildings that mitigates size and distance penalties, there needs to be a perfectionist vs expansionist ethical axis so people can choose between tall and wide.

I just hate seeing games with lots of promise in the hands of people who don't seem to know what they're doing.
>>
>>143865000
>why are Materialist and Spiritualist opposites?

Because they're opposites in real life, you retard. Materialism is the doctrine of rejecting any non-material aspect to human existence. By definition, you cannot be a spiritualist and a materialist.

Fucking tool.

> it seems to imply religion and science are mutually exclusive

Yeah, that's why spiritual empires can't recruit scientists. Fucking idiot. One million sperm and you had to be the fastest. Just kill yourself.
>>
>>143867620
It's just unfinished and has a casual touch to it. It borrows so many features from other games without implementing them properly
>>
>>143865148
>Materialism ingame is the philosophy "Happiness through material wealth"

No, it isn't, you fucking moron.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Materialism
>>
>>143867348
>Stellaris is a budget game made by free labour and Paracucks never expected it to be a hit

That's just bad business to me, but that's almost the entirety of contemporary vidya. The only developer these days I really respect is Toady.

At this point all my hopes for Stellaris being a good game lies with the modders, the best Paracucks could do is not give modders too much garbage to have to clean up.
>>
>>143866757
>Does anyone else find shit like the 5 core planet limit,
>tech penalties
No they're great mechanics. I get great enjoyment out of handling a large empire while still leading science and delegating systems into sectors while other players apparently can't do that.
>other anti-blobbing
What other anti-blobbing mechanics are there than the tech penalties and the core limit?
Warscore?

What really sucks about the game is the shitty controls, lack of lists and lack of smooth hotkeys.
>>
>>143867794
I said ingame you fucktard, not actually
>>
>>143867794
pretty silly post tbqhwyf
>>
>>143867620
>There should be penalties for size and distance to simulate inefficiencies and corruption but they should be implemented on a planet by planet basis and should be mitigated with buildings and tech.

That didn't work so good in civ2.
>>
>>143867941
You are wrong, you fucking moron. The tooltip says nothing about "material wealth". It explicitly states:
>Although it hurts, we must grow up and put aside our outdated notions of morality. There is no 'divine spark' granting special value to a living mind. No object has any intrinsic value apart from what we choose to grant it. Let us embrace the freedom of certitude, and achieve maximum efficiency in all things!

>As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.

These are descriptions of dialectical materialism. You're just too fucking stupid to know what this is so you assume it's a synonym for consumerism.

>>143868007
Stop samefagging. I mean, your second post was literally 52 seconds after the first one - i.e. the minimum amount of time between samefag posts.
>>
>>143866391
I'm actually playing as militaristic xenophobe spiritualists.

Just using slaves because, well, integrating them is a pain in the ass, and purging is just hard to do if the planet is not suited for my species.
>>
File: 1454665908889.jpg (98 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1454665908889.jpg
98 KB, 500x336
>>143868098
>Stop samefagging. I mean, your second post was literally 52 seconds after the first one - i.e. the minimum amount of time between samefag posts.
>>
>>143868332
Install 4chanx. When you click submit, a little counter appears on the submit button counting down to when you can next post.

So, yeah.
>>
>>143867846
HoI is coming soon.
Stellaris was just a quick cash grab before that.
4x is niche and GS is niche so they expect it just earn some before main title.

Its Sengoku and Crown of the north once again.
>>
File: 20160530162359_1.jpg (285 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160530162359_1.jpg
285 KB, 1920x1080
Also, I didn't get a conclusive answer yesterday, so I just tried it out. Terraforming a planet doesn't remove the stone age primitives modifier. (No clue what happens if you terraform when you already have a settlement though, since that's supposed to clear all tile blockers)
>>
>>143868098
>Stop samefagging. I mean, your second post was literally 52 seconds after the first one - i.e. the minimum amount of time between samefag posts.

Literal, actual autism.
>>
File: 1463884195851.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1463884195851.png
13 KB, 381x380
>>143868428
>Install 4chanx. When you click submit, a little counter appears on the submit button counting down to when you can next post.
>>
>>143867689

The problem is the broadness of it, like with collectivist and individualist, there are different types of materialists and different types of spiritualists. Each of the ethical axes needs a related but different axes to temper it with: materialists can be either crass money-grubbing types or philosophical and scientific types; spiritualists can be power-and-money hungry evangelists or pious recluses. There can be egalitarian collectives and hierarchical collective, egalitarian individualist societies and hierarchical individualist societies. Xenophobes can be isolationist or interventionist same with xenophiles.

>>143867695
>It's just unfinished
>It borrows so many features from other games without implementing them properly

This says it all.

>>143867695
>has a casual touch to it

That doesn't actually bother me so much, it doesn't need to be balls to the wall hardcore complexity, some lighter strategy is fine, I just want it to work and be enjoyable and not require so many damn mods and tinkering to get it to a decent state.

I mean fuck, man, there's still, STILL, a simple yet critical math error, a couple of 20s that should be .2s because Swedes can't into math apparently, that's been pointed out repeatedly that doesn't get corrected. That's just the worst kind of sloppiness.
>>
stop bullying that anon or I'm gonna have to call a FE
>>
>>143868567
>>143868626
Literal, actual samefagging.

Seriously, son, you said something really fucking stupid and now you're butthurt about it. Just dry your tears and get over it and next time you feel the urge to vomit all over my board, restrain yourself and stick to posting about things you actually understand - things like how it feels to have an extra chromosome.
>>
>>143868478
Cool, I was wondering about that too, but couldn't find anything.

>Hostile Fauna+Stone Age Primitives
nice
>>
What -ist would you use for two opposing ethos centered on production and science? Industrialist - Rationalists? Labourists - Progressists?

Having materialism attached to science just rustles my autism.
>>
>>143868428
Firstly, the timer isn't 52 seconds.

Secondly, you don't fucking need 4chanx to see the timer, you god damn retard.
>>
File: 141546334183722222222222.jpg (80 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
141546334183722222222222.jpg
80 KB, 722x525
>>143868672
>Seriously, son, you said something really fucking stupid and now you're butthurt about it. Just dry your tears and get over it and next time you feel the urge to vomit all over my board, restrain yourself and stick to posting about things you actually understand - things like how it feels to have an extra chromosome.
>>
>>143868797
>you don't fucking need 4chanx to see the timer, you god damn retard.

I wouldn't know, sparky. I've been using 4chanx and its variants since 2010. Back then, there was no timer of any kind.
>>
>>143868794
scientist
>>
>>143868794
Aren't most scientists religious anyway?
Well, not in the "go to church every sunday", but they believe in something?

Shit, my lack of vocabulary isn't making it easy. I know there's a specific word for that.
>>
File: bollocksvenndiagram.png (433 KB, 980x995) Image search: [Google]
bollocksvenndiagram.png
433 KB, 980x995
>>143868794
>Having materialism attached to science just rustles my autism
"Spiritualist" detected
>>
>>143868856
You said something dumb because you didnt understand what materialism means.
He's having fun insulting you for it.
You can't let it go.
That makes it even more fun for him.
Now you're both wrecking the thread with your autism.

How about both of you just cool your jets or head on over to /b/? Like maybe just for today we could pretend that this thread is actually about vidya instead of about competing retards.
>>
>>143868989
Have faith in something?
>>
>>143868434

Funny thing is, this game has the potential of reaching a bigger audience and being a bigger hit than HoI. I know tons of people who like CK2 and have been talking about Stellaris but HoI isn't even on their radar. Customizable space opera hybrid 4x/gs game has much wider appeal than 4th rehash of world war 2 game that's going to be a letdown to fans of the previous title in the series.

>>143868035
>That didn't work so good in civ2.

Civ 2 is probably my favorite civ game, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.
>>
>>143868989
>Aren't most scientists religious anyway?
Maybe a few hundred years ago but I wouldn't associate many scientists with "believing in something", moreso they have theories.
>>
how much energy planets per science planets? i've got 8 core planets, 7 of them size 20+ with stone age primitives.

do you go for more smaller sectors or few big ones? how retarded is the new sector manager?
>>
>>143868989
>Aren't most scientists religious anyway?
Fucking kek
The word you are looking is agnostic and is far from religious, even spiritualist
>>
>>143868992
I thought acupuncture was legit?

Also, what the fuck is Ear Candles? Do I want to know?
That sounds painful.
Rolfing sound laughable, however.

>>143869072
Yeah but there's a specific term for someone who believes in something out of religion. Agnostic or something.
I should probably go check a dictionnary, because I'm sure I'm spouting nonsense at this point.
>>
bigger empires = more corruption on planet administration = more unhappiness and less production

there, blobbing stopped

Just like IRL
>>
>>143869082
>Civ 2 is probably my favorite civ game, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.
It's one of my favourite games, but that is besides the point.
The corruption mechanic of civ2 does nothing to deter blobbing as you had suggested it would.
>>
File: 1459824573488.jpg (54 KB, 667x548) Image search: [Google]
1459824573488.jpg
54 KB, 667x548
>>143869032
>>>/trash/
>>
>>143869225
Just change sectors so that they limit corruption but also production to a set value.
>>
>>143868794
>What -ist would you use for two opposing ethos centered on production and science? Industrialist - Rationalists?

Pragmatists v. Rationalists maybe, one that's focused on the practical aspect of shit, and one that's focused on more theoretical and abstract matters. Hell you could have pragmatist spiritualist and rationalist spiritualist, pragmatist materialist and rationalist materialist to really spice shit up.
>>
>>143868992
Holy fuck.

Just opening this picture materialized a fedora on my head.
>>
File: 20160530163740_1.jpg (381 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160530163740_1.jpg
381 KB, 1920x1080
>Liberate some furries from Faggotonia
>They are now a space dick
>>
>>143869141
>do you go for more smaller sectors or few big ones?

If I could put all my science planets in one sectors, all my energy planets in one sector and all my mineral planets in one sector, I'd have 3 sectors.
Currently they cut eachother off though so I have 4 named research sectors, and a few other sectors that count as research sectors, but those sectors will be resectored into new sectors later on.
>>
What mods are worth using for stellaris?
>>
>>143869410
I laughed.

I am so immature.
>>
>>143869350
>t. Tom Cruz
>>
is there any way to play without those fallen empire cucks
always fucking with my game can`t do shit with them around
>>
>>143868992
believe in everything the government tells me: the picture
>>
>>143869410
>barely a hundred years in
>you have more research points, bigger navy, and a bigger empire than mine

REEEEEEEEE HOW DO YOU DO IT

TEACH ME THE SECRETS OF MINMAXING
>>
>>143869250
>The corruption mechanic of civ2 does nothing to deter blobbing as you had suggested it would.

Well, with the only two victory conditions being conquest victory and domination victory, you can only make blobbing exponentially more difficult and costly, you can't fully deter it as a playstyle, you can only erect obstacles to the inevitable blob that must occur at end game. until/unless they add more mechanics and further win conditions.
>>
>cant rename armies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>143869657
Yeah fucking goverment keeps shitting on my feng shui while clearly using it for their gain in their military installations.
Fucking hypocrites.
>>
stop REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEing
>>
>>143869410
>not faggotopia
>>
>>143868992
>mfw I googled ear candles
I wish I didn't. This is as bad as the guys fucking planes on /tg/.
>>
>>143869672
Just... Don't expand to rapidly. If you don't count the Colony ship I have ready there that is now colonizing, I have 7 of my own planets now. The southern sector is conquered planets, and the 3 bottom ones in the list too, just fixing them up before I hand them over to sectors.
>>
When are you supposed to break 4 digits in research?
>>
File: 2016_05_30_6.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_30_6.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>>143869672
He blobbed properly and got shitton of systems under his belt m8
Id say he was lucky with the lanes though,i prefer doing wormholes for it.
>>
>>143869883
But how the fuck do you even win wars.

By the time I have a reasonable fleet with reasonable tech everyone and their mother is in an alliance or in a federation and they lock me in.
>>
>>143869976
You can build outposts OUTSIDE of your borders?
>>
File: 1423275895821.png (489 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1423275895821.png
489 KB, 960x1280
>>143869858
>as the guys fucking planes on /tg/
I wouldnt know about that
>>
>>143862725
But your own pops hate you too if theyre xenophile/individualist/pacifist
>>
>>143869858
>>mfw I googled ear candles
I almost puked
>>
>>143870030
Erm...yeah?
Anywhere you like as long as you surveyed the sun in the system.
Good places are bordering worlds on your neighbours for chokepoints unless they use wormholes
>>
>>143870049
Why the fuck is this a thing? Weirdest fetish ever.
>>
>>143870030
>outposts
>out
>posts
>not OUT SIDE your borders
>>
>>143870049
>>>/tg/47520211
Let's see if I got it right.

>>143870182
Well fuck. I've been building outposts inside my borders to expand them like an idiot.

I blame the game for me not checking if I could build them outside.
>>
>>143870030
yeah they're not creep colonies
>>
>>143870241
Well if outposts connect to your borders they get radius bonus but yeah.
>>
File: 20160530164853_1.jpg (405 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160530164853_1.jpg
405 KB, 1920x1080
>>143870030
Oh god, this is almost as great as the guy who thought he could only colonize inside his borders

>>143869995
I barely got into early-game wars, and there's only 2 alliances in my 'verse. Best I can do is give you my setup
>Hyperlanes only
>Frontier outposts to line off myself a nice chunk of space
>Mostly just ignore other civs

Also it helps if you have a mod that turns of clustered starts, otherwise you're guaranteed a few AI empires on your doorstep.
>>
>>143867237
There is.
>>
>>143870182
Baeh, 1.8 food deficit is enough for -5% happiness from starvation
>>
File: 1415613982371.png (418 KB, 2113x1991) Image search: [Google]
1415613982371.png
418 KB, 2113x1991
>>143870213
There are a lot of weird fetishes on the Galaxy anon
It is a place full of wonder after all
>>143870241
Oh dear god
>>
>>143870325
>this is almost as great as the guy who thought he could only colonize inside his borders
You mean you can colonize OUTSIDE of your borders?
Jesus, I really shoulda checked.
>>
How do I name my empire, what makes sense? I don't know how these words are used exactly and I don't want to just slap something together at random.
>>
>>143869082
Civ 2 was my first 4x game or even strategy game.
Didn't have a PC then. I played it on borrowed PSX(it eat whole memory card to save).
Yeah that is a funny thing.
Wonder if paracucks are even aware of that. Considering how low priority they treat patches for Stellaris I don't think so.
I really hope that some angry Slav hope into 4x or GS and show these Fuckboys how to make a real game.
>>
>>143869469

Dunno if they're all worth using, but I use:

995/Flexible Core Cap
Additional Traits
Designable Transports
Enhanced AI
European Phenotypes and Names (because fuck niggers and sandmonkeys)
Expanded Colors
Expanded Species Traits
Expanded War Demands
Extended Traits
Fix Vassal Opinions
Improved Ethics
Less Divergent Ethics
More Edicts
More Technologies
Multicolored Space People (because I'm fine with red, yellow, green and blue people)
Multiple Crisis
Only One Sol System
Overhauled Military Stations
Prethoryan Scourge Fix
Sol System Expanded
Stellar Performance
Stone's Politics Xpansion
System Variety - Galaxy+Cluster Mod
War Score Mod

Also I have some emblem/flag mods, and I did some tinkering myself.
>>
>>143870527
>Enhanced
>Fix
>[name]'s mod
These are red flags indicating that a mod probably sucks.
>>
File: croc.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
croc.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>143870501
Reptilian space empire
Crocodile Concordate
>>
>>143870325
>>Frontier outposts to line off myself a nice chunk of space
this strat is too OP in hyperlane only games, and the ai is too retarded to realize it. You can lock down huge amounts of space if the hyperlanes line up right, especially on spiral maps
>>
File: Mods.png (359 KB, 651x1600) Image search: [Google]
Mods.png
359 KB, 651x1600
>>143869469
Pic related. I also just saw that the guy who did those Emblems: Theme also has an Emblems: Space pack, so I just subscribed to that as well.
>>
>>143870506
>Civ 2 was my first 4x game or even strategy game.

I guess Civ 2 was my first 4x game, I fucking loved those corny animated council guys. I guess my first strategy game was Genghis Khan on NES.
>>
>>143870527
are you on 1.1?
>>
>>143870506
Mine was Call to Power 25.

Also,
> This world is tidally locked around its star, meaning that one side always has daylight while the other is locked in eternal darkness. If life exists here, it is likely limited to the twilight regions where the two sides meet.
Neat.
>>
>>143870729
That as mean.
>>
>>143870750
It won't work completely anymore once they patch it so that everyone can go through unless you ban them. I imagine that banning access also gives a relation hit meaning more likely to go to war.
>>
File: tfw dead bugs.jpg (39 KB, 707x387) Image search: [Google]
tfw dead bugs.jpg
39 KB, 707x387
>discover atomic age primitives
>they're bug scum
>trigger nuclear war chain and let it happen
>>
>>143870871
>Call to Power 25.
Minus five.
>>
>>143870750
Yeah.
Dumb AI is just dumb.
It should just send few small fleets and bomb all outpost they can find in the first second of war. As far as i play the AI completely ignore them.
>>
>>143869469
Monster girl mod obviously
>>
>>143870729
>that dumbass second hog hanging around as his mate is getting chomped
>>
>>143870506
My first Civ game was kinda obscure actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7TQ9E3b6Wk

And Civ 3 was amazing when it got out
>>
>>143871042
And the Neptunia one.
>>
What are you tips on Frontier Outposts? I usually build it to reserve systems with good materials.
>>
>>143871042
this
>>
>>143870885
True.
>>
>>143871164
>I usually build it to reserve systems with good materials.
congratulations you're doing it right
>>
File: racemultiplierembassy.png (201 KB, 660x409) Image search: [Google]
racemultiplierembassy.png
201 KB, 660x409
>>143870804
I was poor Slav then. I don't even have a NES(we have some copy of it but it have only Contra, Tanks and Mario).
But played a shit of KOEI games later when I actually go on Uni and buy my first PC(I pay for it like 100$ dollars in my currency).
>>143870871
The best 4x game is still fist Master of Orion.
Some guy remake it with better GUI and AI and more custom options. And he do it for free(actually he spend his own cash). Game will be free for all.
>>
>>143871289
>"I was poor Slav"
>implying it has changed
>>
File: ss (2016-05-30 at 05.04.01).jpg (144 KB, 887x609) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-05-30 at 05.04.01).jpg
144 KB, 887x609
What do you think?

Last run was xenophobe militarist spiritualist so I wanted something different.

The idea being "weak but clever slugs".
>>
File: racemultipliermap.png (302 KB, 990x613) Image search: [Google]
racemultipliermap.png
302 KB, 990x613
>>143871406
Some things never change.
But I was really poor then. Like I am very hungry always poor. Now I have few thousand of cash reserve and good PC and I am not hungry any more. Maybe just hungry for love but hey nobody perfect.
>>
>>143871559
Pacifist means you cannot land on primitive worlds
>>
>>143870826
>are you on 1.1?

Yeah, I had to make some edits to a couple of those mods to make them compatible with 1.1, expanded colors and one of the trait mods. So I guess ignore my suggestions unless you want to figure out how to get the colors mod to work (though I think there is an updated version up) and figure out which of the traits mods has a defines.lua in it that it doesn't need to begin with.
>>
>>143871559
>mass drivers
I don't know much but isn't that shit?

>>143871609
Funny, I'm the opposite, I'm always hungry because I have diabete and I can't balance my shit and I always underestimate how much I eat.

I still prefer Distant Worlds. Never tried Master of Orion.
>>
>>143871559
Pacifist could really handicap you in times of war.
>extra unhappiness in war
>extra penalty for killing pop by bombing
>can't invade primitives
But hey they have access to best government.
I actually go fan. collectivist and pacifist and its work well.
But you really want for pop to drop pacifist part and stay f. collectivist only.
>>
>>143871670
>expanded colors and one of the trait mods
yeah I had issues with exp colors and extended traits mods I think it was. Just deleted the trait mods because every new game I started it would automatically declare a victory for me. I use complete colors mod instead as well. I use most of the other mods you said, but some of portrait mods position the picture half out of frame since 1.1. waiting for updates on them
>>
>>143871289
>The best 4x game is still first Master of Orion.

Yes. The version of Civ2 i had was the Gold Deluxe edition that had a shit ton of user made scenarios with it and one of the scenarios was Master of Orion and one was Master of Magic, and that's how I learned about both of those games.
>>
>>143871841
>best government
You mean the Monarchy?
>>
>>143872086
>not military republic
>>
>>143872086
British detected.
>>
>>143872159
Well he claimed pacifist
Military republic is ultra lategame powerhouse
>>
File: tut-1.jpg (40 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
tut-1.jpg
40 KB, 640x400
>>143871729
I was hungry because starving and poor.
I am tall skellington but I like to eat and can eat a lot but sometimes I just forgot to eat and don't eat for days.
Cooking your own food is best thing you can do. I live on some cooked food and frozen ones and its shit. Get some skin allergy and other shit. Premade food is shit(in UK at last). Our Slav premade food is actually decent.

Distant Worlds are good but not good enough. Shitty ship designer and too many resources that not matter and shitty economy(planets and populations should consume resources to develop). Still civ sector is nice.
Master of Orion is the best empire type 4x.
2nd part is good but its kinda civ in space(with planets instead of cities and tactical battles).
If you want to read about MoO look here.
http://web.archive.org/web/20100115112320/http://sirian.warpcore.org/moo1/tutorial/tut-1.html
Some autist make a site about it. Good read.
>>
>>143872037
That reminds me, I got Master of Magic on GoG, I should try it someday.
>>
>>143871609

I was poor, but American poor so had food and Nintendo. Soviet Union poor is sucky real poor, total you'd rather be nuked by Ronald Reagan than go on living kind of poor.
>>
>>143871637
>>143871841
Sounds unfun.

I might do fan collectivist and materialist, despotic hegemony. The slavery tolerance should be very nice.
>>
>>143872086
Irenic monarchy.
Cheap planetary and empire wide edicts.
>>
>>143872346
It's one of my favourite games and that's not even because of nostalgia since I played it at first five years ago.

I still haven't tried the unofficial patches, but I will next time I play it.
>>
>>143872346
Grab fan made patches.\
they fix bugs and really boost AI(so much that it kick ass).
Kyrub ones and some faggot 2nd(some faggot is better for AI as it stack units better).
>>
>>143871937
>Just deleted the trait mods because every new game I started it would automatically declare a victory for me.

Yep, was doing the same for me, was doing it because of the defines.lua in the common folder which it didn't need because it already had a file in it which changes just the few relevant lines.

>but some of portrait mods position the picture half out of frame since 1.1. waiting for updates on them

I had a problem in CK2 where all the flags from two packs would not display right and turned out it had something to do with some graphic card setting, I forget exactly what, took me years to finally find the answer to that problem.
>>
>>143872486
I know that feel. I discovered Quake two weeks and I played it nonstop for an entire week.
And despite how old they are, I still enjoy Startopia and Battle Realms. Damn GoG, I'm sure it stands for GoOd Guys.

>>143872582
Yeah well wait until I'm good. First time I played, random neutral gobs killed my mage and took over my city.
>>
>>143872437
Nah you just need to prepare for war.
As it cost you more not only for mobilised fleets but also loss of productivity from less happiness.
Thing is in Stellaris there is only war so you maybe should get a militarist for extra happiness in war.
>>143872347
That was more to being poor because father spend too much on alcohol. There was people who get all shiny toys here. Surprise - they were not in half broken families torn by alcohol and violence. But that is how life is. No hard feelings only tired.
>>
>>143872748
I like to play it as Warlord/Charismatic/famous for cheap merc and early heroes.
Once I get Gryphon riders early and just conquer whole continent with only them.
Also use and abuse summoned units to get early access to nodes.
What race do you play?
>>
>>143873069
I don't remember. I think it was the lizard one, with a dark mage (I wanted to go full skeletons).
>>
>>143873148
If you grab Myrran you can get magic races dragonkins, dwarfs etc on other planet.
>>
>>143870729

I wish you could enslave other races and use them as food.
>>
>>143873148
11 in necro(11 in any really) is pretty good for tempo if you want to go full skeletons.
Well full undead.

With 11 points into a spell school you get to start with 1 rare spell.
Wraiths have lifesteal, so after you summon one of them you can fly around and slaughter and raise a large undead army.

Armies primarily killed through lifesteal get raised as undead after combat.

Black Channels is also a good buff if you want to go undead.
Turns the affected unit into an undead version of itself.
OP with trolls since they have regen, and undead units don't naturally regenerate.
>>
>>143873259
I want to use them for experiments.
>>
>>143873259
>>143873537
I want to build factories that turn them into fuel
>>
>>143873259
You can use titanic life as food if you're xenophobe.
>>
>>143873641

But I want to play a lizard race that feasts on the flesh of sentient mammals.
>>
>>143873590
>tfw you find tomb world Sol III with an Albanian Processing Facility.
>>
>>143873523
Calm down there, let me remind you I only played it once and get instantly killed by neutrals.
>>
>>143873758
Halflings are op.
>>
>>143873753
Don't you mean Armenian ?
>>
>>143873934
No Albanian
>>
If your losing a war how do you know what the AI selected? like vassalisation or whatever.
>>
>>143874172
If
>>
>>143874261
No I am losing. Their federation is too powerful. I was also experimenting with how conquered people rebel, and well they did aswell. But are some how on my side at the same time, so their tiny fleet cost me more warscore.

Its a glorious clusterfuck. I wanna know want the Ai terms are.
>>
>xenophobe and divine mandate
>my pops still get negative happiness from alien slaves
How? It adds up to 100%
>>
>>143874498
check the warscore thing in the bottom right
>>
>>143874498
Can Stone Age societies turn into bronze age societies given enough time?

Because I think that must've happened.
>>
File: 1386545394158.jpg (71 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1386545394158.jpg
71 KB, 500x367
Can someone please upload this glorious mod? Pretty please? :3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693310104
>>
>>143874908
>what is progress
>>
>>143874663
No in paracucks game 50% and 50% is 75%.
You need divine mandate version 2.
>>
File: missed the tab.png (1002 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
missed the tab.png
1002 KB, 1366x768
>>143874772
Thanks bro. Ah man I'm fucked.
>>
>>143872901
>That was more to being poor because father spend too much on alcohol.

Doesn't everybody's father in Russia spend too much on vodka? And everybody's mother? And brother, sister, grandmother, grandfather, teacher, next door neighbor, and pet cat?

Anyways back on topic, here's my latest start. Half my stars are occupied by mining drones and crystalline entities, not sure whether to be annoyed or happy I have some free unwitting defenders.
>>
>>143874943
Stone Age Primtives are listed as a different modifier than what Bronze to Early Space age are though so wasn't sure.
>>
File: 2016_05_30_2.png (991 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2016_05_30_2.png
991 KB, 1366x768
>>143875041

And forgot my picture.
>>
>>143874987
>Krogan surrender
They haven't even genophaged you yet lad, step it up.
>>
>>143874987
They're okay with white peace and you think you're fucked?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (243 KB, 1619x890) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
243 KB, 1619x890
>>143873753
>tfw you finally found that one bizarre picture book after 3 hours
>Alltommorows by Nero Ramjet

Pleasant dreams
>>143873934
Turkey pls
>>
>>143874932
>http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693310104
5min please.
>>
>>143874987
you're the attackers and you're winning whats your problem? The other fucks are kicking your ass tho
>>
File: 1417194913878.png (116 KB, 199x259) Image search: [Google]
1417194913878.png
116 KB, 199x259
>>143875380
oh my god I love you

your wish is my command
>>
>>143875167
>Stone Age Primtives

Thread, what is your preferred method of dealing with Stone Age savages: enslavement, genocide, or shove em on a reservation?
>>
Crap, I could have sworn that I bookmarked the thread, but I guess that I didn't and now I can't read the answers to my question.

Is it worth being a Fanatical Materialist, or should I branch out into Militarist so that I'm more likely to draw military technology cards?

They're also Collectivist, for the lowered Ethos diversion and the ability to Purge -- is Collectivist still worth it in Clarke?

Also, I'm currently playing a species that's Enduring and Fast Learning, with two negative traits. Should I trade a negative trait for a positive one and, if so, which one?

I was thinking of going with Natural Engineers.
>>
>>143875205
Fleets basically gone. When I started it was like 9k vs 3k. First time playing with advanced AI starts.

>>143875283
Lol I didn't know what that meant

>>143875410
Ability to win is gone. But I keep my planets it seems.
>>
>>143875516
>advanced AI starts.
>allowing the AI to cheat
>>
>>143875516
I was 3k. You can see my hubris here >>143864870
>>
File: Capture.jpg (269 KB, 1664x924) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
269 KB, 1664x924
>>143875493
Leaving them alone yields best results by far due to tile bonus
>>
>>143875474
we . tl / fcTeqfHWVH

there you go, someone ought to make a proper mod repo soon tho.
>>
>>143875648
BUILD DEFENSE STATIONS

git gud fucking noobs

I've said a million fucking times now BUILD THE MOTHER FUCKING STATIONARY DEFENSE PLATFORMS
>>
>>143875721
Best research per pop ratio at least, but not necessarily the best research per planet ratio.
>>
>>143875795
Well then put them in reservation since its 12 research
>>
>>143875792
How would that of helped vs 7k+ fleet? 2 or 3 piddly defense stations.

I will look into defence stations though. They seem worthless though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 149

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.