[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General - Gnomechompski Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 1449993165678.jpg (95 KB, 599x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449993165678.jpg
95 KB, 599x1000
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/tg/ Character Sheet
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

Previous: >>46773546

Gnomes. What are they good for?
How do we improve them?
>>
>>46791735
>Gnomes. What are they good for?
Nothing.
>How do we improve them?
Remove them from the game.
>>
>>46791735
Gnomes are pretty garbage. They're literally to dwarves as halflings are to humans.

Now that I think about it, halflings are fucking boring as well. I like the Svirfneblin, but that's about it. Fucking little people.
>>
I like gnomes, they're basically dwarves, except the people playing them are usually not complete autists.

I especially liked 4E's Fey gnomes.
>>
File: sirbobkintwinklebottom.jpg (12 KB, 375x256) Image search: [Google]
sirbobkintwinklebottom.jpg
12 KB, 375x256
>>46791735
All these autists fucking up playing Rock Gnomes. It's sad really. You should only play them as pic related.
>>
>>46791968
>Baron Munchausen as a Gnome Bard
YES!
>>
>>46791735
i'm not sure why dragonborn are the meme race and not gnomes
>>
>>46791903
They were one of the things 4e did right after they rewrote the planes. I recall in Fell's Five a gnome village in the Feywild played a role once, wound up using the party as bait to get away. Turns out living on the ground between the endless eladrin and formorian war made them pretty pragmatic. I thought that was a fair take, kept them tricky and capricious.
At the same time, the old wizard gnome that was one character's patron was also good.
>>
I'm treating death house as a back up campaign.

Whenever one of my players is missing, the other two will get to attempt death house with new level 1 characters. Obviously that's pretty hard. I'm gonna give them some advantages though. Metagaming will be permitted. In character, I'll fluff this as the memories of their previous characters transferred to their new ones via dream.

I'll change a few things around each time though to keep it interesting.

Would this be something you would enjoy as a player?
>>
>>46792097
So long as every time you had four usable suits of fullplate on the second floor, which does not corrode, disappear, or otherwise has negative drawbacks.
>>
>>46792132
Why no corrosion?
>>
File: Death House.jpg (228 KB, 1600x1112) Image search: [Google]
Death House.jpg
228 KB, 1600x1112
>>
>>46792160
Because it does not describe them as doing such. Only shit tier DMs change treasure to fuck over their players.
>>
>>46792132
thanks for the tip, friendo
>>
>>46791903
>I like gnomes, they're basically dwarves, except the people playing them are usually not complete autists.
It is my experience that this is backward, but OK.
>>
>>46792035
Because 2e grogs don't like thing.
>>
File: excellent armor.jpg (299 KB, 600x958) Image search: [Google]
excellent armor.jpg
299 KB, 600x958
They make good rugby balls.
>How do we improve them?
They still could stand to be more rugby ball shaped.

Now, what would I do if my players had to beat another party of adventurers in a game of rugby to impress the king? I think that the rules for grappling and disarming would simulate scrums, tackling and ball-snatching well enough, but I don't think the combat movement rules would do a good job of simulating players chasing each other up and down the field, and I'm not quite sure what to do for throwing and catching nor what to do for punting.
>>
Making my first homebrew campaign, with 3 factions for the PCs to side with.
My problem is how do I make them meaningfully different?

There's the ruling King. Hereditary rule, but as he's been given training he's capable.
There's the exiled after a failed coup noble. He's trying to install a democracy.
Final faction is a dwarf trying to improve life for non-humans. Kinda like Witcher scoiatel.

That's all fluff, though. How do I make each faction feel different for my players?
>>
>>46792437
Why should factions feel significantly different?
It's not a MMO. Shit, why even just three?
>>
>>46792448
Just 3 because I'm lazy.

Also, I'd like them to feel different so that there's an element of choice. I figured I'd do quantum ogres for the actual quests, but then that leaves faction choice effectively pointless.
Given I'm starting out with them working for a faction before they even know it, I'd like reasons for them to wanna check out others.
>>
Is there something wrong with gnomes that I'm not getting? Best choice for a wizard. Advantage for mental saves against magic.
>>
>>46792437
The king's faction is knighty and shit, have hypogryph knights and whatnot

The noble's faction is advanced, has access to flintlocks and shit

The dwarf's ragamuffins are sneaky and magicky as fuck
>>
>>46792188
I mean, it doesn't describe any armor in either the phb or the DMg as corroding. So that means players can just buy immortal non perishable plate armor.
>>
>>46792035
Gnomes are a close second meme race.

>>46792557
Their crunch isn't their problem.

It's a two-hit combo of lacking a solid fluff niche and attracting autism.

>>46792685
Ignore him, he's memeing.
>>
>>46792557
They're not mechanically awful, there's just a stereotype of them being played as lolrandum midgets.

It's not unfounded.
>>
>>46792437
If you're going for three factions you want to be exploring themes related to threes. Fortunately, there are dozens, for example:
Thesis, antithesis, synthesis ; Divine, Arcane, Martial ; the WoD triad of Wyld (unbound creator), Weaver (brings structure to creation) and Wyrm (destroyer); mother, maiden, crone; past, present, Future; father, son, holy spirit ; etc.
>>
>>46792702
Democracy, oligarchy, monoarchy
>>
>>46792702
>>46792721

Great idea, especially as I already had the dwarf as a merchant, who was mostly starting to play in politics.

Cheers
>>
>>46792721
The oligarch is trying to install a democracy, and the closest thing you have to a democratic group is actually specist nationalism.

Try harder.
>>
>>46791747
I feel the same way. My campaign of homebrew races doesn't even have a "short people" race. I feel absolutely no obligated to add any.
>>
>>46792816
Nobles can advocate for democracy.
The dwarf could advocate for a strong noble multiracial class because he doesn't trust the people to boot vote for racist reforms.
>>
>>46792842
Politics alone don't determine character.

It's the king a reformer or a tyrant? Does he rule for himself or rule out of a sense of obligation? Does he shirk his responsibilities entirely and let his courtiers handle Kinging while he composes poetry or something?

Is the nob actually well-intentioned or is he fomenting a popular uprising to install himself?

Is the dorf in control of his cause, or has pro-minority advocacy given way to kill-all-humans vitriol?

It's a false choice if there's no compelling narrative, anon.
>>
>>46792925
All of these are excellent nuances to explore the theme of democracy, oligarchy, monoarchy with anon.
>>
>>46792925

The noble is using the democracy claim to benefit his own cause, and if it helps anyone else all the better.

Current King is doing it because he thinks he'll be best for the kingdom.

Dwarf us largely in control, but I do like the idea of an out of control splinter.
>>
>>46791735
>playing with three complete noobs
>the BBEG casts Gaseous Form to get away
>The other players all curse in frustration
>The DM is probably setting us up to have to deal with him later
>I point out that being gaseous in 5e just makes you resistant to nonmagical damage, not immune to everything
>and it reduces your speed to 10 feet
>Everyone charges the wisp of smoke 10 feet away from where the villain used to be
>He goes down

I just rules-lawyered our way to victory and completely derailed the campaign, and for once it feels pretty good
>>
>>46793058
It's not rules lawyering to say a spell that makes you resistant to nonmagical damage doesn't make you immune to all damage.
>>
>>46793058
>I just rules-lawyered our way to victory and completely derailed the campaign, and for once it feels pretty good
You didn't rules-lawyer anything.
>>
>>46793091
>>46793085
I invoked the rules in a case where the DM didn't know the exact rules and almost certainly intended them to work differently. I think that counts.
>>
>>46793124
No, it doesn't count as rules-lawyering. In your example, anytime anyone clarifies a rule would be an example of rules-lawyering.

Don't be retarded. You're forgetting the "laywer" part.
>>
>>46793124
I mean, couldn't the mist have just flown away?
>>
>>46793148
Most likely, he was almost dead anyway. He only had the 10 feet of movement which apparently was not enough to get out of range.

And rules-lawyering is taking technicalities and loopholes in the rules to accomplish effects not intended. It is defined by "definitely RAW, definitely not RAI".
>>
>>46793211
Couldn't the mist have sneaked into a rabbit or rat hole? I mean, really, if the DM wanted this NPC to survive, they really fucked it up.
>>
>>46793211
>>46793245
He was trying to get up a chimney. It was exactly 10 feet away, though, so he was just in the fireplace.
>>
>>46793279
That was really dumb, cause I would use my action to close the flue.
>>
>>46793296
Unless the flue was 100% perfectly airtight, that wouldn't have worked. Assuming it even had a flue that could be opened and closed.
>>
>>46793321
Wow, yeah the spell says (word for word)
>The target can pass through small holes,
narrow openings, and even mere cracks,

DM should have just had it escape. Shit and stupid DM.
>>
Gnomes are my favorite race. The way I 'improve' them is by making some of them not like you expect. A gnome in my world right now is on the hunt for lichdom, and was actually inspired by the picture OP posted.
>>
>>46792035
Objective RP ranking chart.
>Bro tier
High Elves
Humans
Dwarves
Svirfneblin
Minotaur

>meme tier
Halflings
Gnomes
Dragonborn
Gnolls
Shifters
Half-Elves

>Cancer tier
Drow
Half-orcs
Wood/wild elves
Tieflings
Warforged
Changeling
Aarakocra
Aasimar
Goliaths(RIP)
>>
>>46793425
>Dwarves anywhere other than cancer
>>
Latest of late replies. Two threads old. But this is the only day I don't work.

>>46767971
It'll still come out when they turn the bag inside out.

>>46768701
I'd be a monk.
>Lowest starting wealth of any class
>Combat abilities based entirely on having good stats in the right places

Not a good monk, but a monk.
>>
Official class tier list, ranking a composite score of how fun they are to play versus how fun they are for the group if you play them.

>Gary gygax tier
Warlocks
Thief rogues
Arcane tricksters
Lore bards

>nutted, but she still sucking tier
Beast master
Battle master
Druid
Cleric

>acceptable tier
Eldritch Knight
Monk

>bleedin, but she still bitin tier
Barbarians
Paladins

>forced sex with Virt who is pretending you're an elf tier.
Champion fighters
Assassin rogues
>>
>>46793425
svidfags are the shittiest gnomes and minotaurs are cancer.
>>
>>46793618
hunter ranger? wizards sorcerers?
>>
File: T07-0150-031.jpg (333 KB, 770x430) Image search: [Google]
T07-0150-031.jpg
333 KB, 770x430
>>46793425
I don't see a scale. Is this referring to your experience with players? Perhaps a certain setting's default writing? If so, what setting, since not all are present in FR, which is the edition and therefore thread's default?
If you could explain what these ranks mean, and why they fall there, we could actually use the thread to discuss ways to make them better instead of shitposting.
>>
>>46793618
>>46793618
>Warlock
I literally cringed when I read that.
>>
>>46793618
Oh, and the final tier

>you will someday have a that guy story about you reach the front page of reddit tier
Wizards
Sorcerers
Valor bards
>>
>>46793618
lol
>>
>>46793618
You gay son? Paladins are tonnes of fun. Also I see no Wizards.
>>
>>46793641
Hunter ranger goes with champion fighter. Thanks. The test is corrected with the final tier.
>>
>>46793425
>Bro tier
Races I like

>Average tier
Races I don't mind

>Cancer Tier
Races I don't like

>Terminal Cancer Tier
Elves
>>
>>46793643
Mostly how players RP them from what I've seen in 5E.
>>
File: Character creation list.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Character creation list.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>46793618
>>46793664
>hating Paladin and the only fun arcane class since 2e
>>
>>46793661
People who take the warlock past level three are Bros of the highest caliber.

It's only the minmaxing fags that dip that give it a bad name.
>>
>>46793618
>forced sex with Virt who is pretending you're an elf tier.
So, beating the crap out of Virt? That sounds downright enjoyable.
>>
Okay Everybody shut the fuck up. Here's the correct ranking:

Classes:

Platinum Tier:
>Wizards
>Sorcerers
>Druids
>Clerics

Gold Tier
>Bards
>Barbarians
>Rogues

Silver Tier
>Fighters

Bronze Tier:
>Rangers
>Paladins

Lump of Shit (only played by edgy faggots) Tier
>Warlock
>Monk

Races:

Platinum Tier:
>Gnomes

Gold Tier:
>Humans

Silver Tier:
>Elves (No niggers)
>Half-Elves

Bronze:
All other races except dragonborn

Lump of shit tier:
>Dragonborn
>>
>>46793729
Warlocks are the only fun arcane class though.
>>
>>46793927
Not that anon, but Warlocks are exclusively played by edgy kids, and occasionally a non-edgy kid who wants to pretend to be an edgy kid.
>>
Would a feat that combines the point-blank and bonus attack parts of Crossbow Master, and a -5/+10 effect for pistol or caliver shots under the normal range limit be reasonable?

Probably called Pistoleer.
>>
>>46793425
I've played dnd for 10 years and only been a non-lizard race twice. Kobolds for 5e please.
>>
>>46793927
Warlocks only became slightly less edgetarded in late 4e/5e when they gained Archfey, and even then if you want to serve the fey just roll a fucking Ancients Paladin or a Druid (or even a Bard).

Bard ever since 2E was the one arcane caster who has actual business being out of sight of a minder.
>>
Hey, did the guy who was making an engineer/artificer class for 5e post his stuff yet, or is he still working? And if he did, does anyone have it?
>>
>>46791846

Eberron turned haflings into dinosaur-riding barbarians, Darksun turned them into psychic cannibals.

Basically you know your race is shit when setting creators feel the need to fix it by flipping it completely on its head.

As for gnomes... just call them Tinker Halflings or call halfings Shire Gnomes, or something. They're the same shit.
>>
>>46794193
FR Halflings were a lot more elegant than "let's make them awesome for a 90s teen", they're just short gypsies.
>>
File: aboleths.jpg (910 KB, 1069x1313) Image search: [Google]
aboleths.jpg
910 KB, 1069x1313
As a first time DM, I allowed a LE Warlock into my game. Which is totally fine! What isn't fine is that I made him not know who his pact was with (it was a GOO pact) and made the pact with the BBEG. I basically forced the player into being at odds with the rest of the party, but I didn't really think about it at the time, I was just thinking ooh! It will time him closer to the plot! Cool!
Lesson learned.
>>
File: am i too soon wojack.jpg (189 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
am i too soon wojack.jpg
189 KB, 1080x1080
Battlemaster or Eldritch Knight?
Which is more fun mechanically? I can make either fun via RP anyway
>>
>>46794258
Battlemaster. If you want magic I'd say burn a feat.
>>
>>46794258
Battlemaster is probably better, but I've always loved Eldritch Knight. Weapon Bond is cool, too, and Eldritch Strike is amazing.
>>
Quick rules question:

While any clothing and items touching creatures under the effect of invisibility also become invisibly, invisibly creatures are explicitly still detectable by any noises they make and any tracks they leave.

If an invisible creature goes out in a moderate to heavy rainstorm, would the rain delineate an outline their body enough for them to be easily spotted?
>>
>>46794258
Eldritch Knight, 100% chance you'll get any artifact weapons.

Go crossbow battle master for maximum munchkin.
>>
What's the magic item level for your campaigns, and what have been the fallout for doing it?

I'm considering what magic level for my next campaign (an absolutely ridiculously huge sandbox), and not sure which level I want to go with. My players realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly like their magic items.
>>
>>46794331
>If an invisible creature goes out in a moderate to heavy rainstorm, would the rain delineate an outline their body enough for them to be easily spotted?
It would, but keep in mind that medium creatures aren't that big. A moderate to heavy rainstorm would probably not reveal the creature since there's going to be rain around the invisible creature that doesn't hit them.
>>
File: 1460758079035.gif (430 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1460758079035.gif
430 KB, 600x450
New DM here.

Veteran DMs: how do you deal with the crippling depression?
>>
>>46792356
heh, lol

Gnome punting.
>>
>>46794385
This isn't /r9k/.
>>
>>46794276
>>46794317
Thanks people

>>46794339
I am toying with EK since it's in the PC's backstory, but i don't like being a Hybrid that does subpar spells/fighting compared to purists
>>
>>46794385

tell someone else to dm
>>
>>46794385
Whiskey and TPKs.
>>
>>46794385
You trade it in for anger
>>
>>46794385
I said fuck it and made a small party of three virtual DMPCs, they fuck off and have adventures on their own and sometimes cross paths with the players

I miss playing a PC, haven't gotten to do it in 3 years and it was fucking premade characters ;-;
>>
Cthulhufag here, and I'm glad to announce that (aside from possibly altering things based on feeback), my Nautical Compendium (aka. "Book of Underwater Bullshit") is done, so I'll no longer have to post an update once per thread.
I think I'll go back to doing gribbly things with tentacles, now. People seem to like it more.

I pretty much just added some spells to fill that one mostly empty page, as well as pretty pictures. This is the heavily compressed version (the actul document is over 14 000 kt), so the quality might be shit. I'll at the full version to my Mega once I get to it.
>>
>>46794452
>Wanting to play any character other than Lidda
>>
Anyone got any cool character generators that are up to date or close to it?

I have the 5th gen character sheet on my phone but I'd like to see more options that are availabke
>>
>>46793425
Not that I agree with most of this anyway, but I've yet to play with or see a non-bro-tier half-orc.
>>
>>46791735

Tinkering. Dwarves are excellent crafters but everything they do is very old-school and bound in tradition. They are extremely slow to change and adopt new things. Gnomes, by comparison, are always trying and adapting new things. They're inventors and tinkerers at heart.

Basically, to use 19th century Europe as a comparison, dwarves are Russia and gnomes are Belgium. At the start of the 19th century Russia is on paper the strongest nation on the planet, or at least close to it. But it's going to become hidebound and insular and eventually fall behind everyone else.

Whereas gnomes are about to either kick-start or at the least play a major role in the industrial revolution, allowing them to develop political and economic power that far outstrips their size or population.
>>
File: perfidious albion.png (8 KB, 247x401) Image search: [Google]
perfidious albion.png
8 KB, 247x401
Anyone got a tier list of "Can do everything well" to "Can't even do 1 thing well"

???
>>
>>46794529
I have a player who read the half-orc fluff and concluded (in my opinion, correctly), that Half-Orcs are all essentially constantly on the edge of flipping out, which is the exact opposite of bro as fuck.

>>46794562
That's a pretty dumb fluff niche.
>>
>>46794579
Fighters are at the bottom of that list once more with 5e, because nerds got their way and martial classes got kicked in the balls so they can live out their fantasies of being better than those dumb jocks who made fun of them and dated Stacey. Monk is the best one and it's mid at best, and even then only really Open Hand.
>>
>>46794634
>he actually believes the memes
>>
>>46794581
Well, I assumed "bro tier" to mean the player, otherwise the list is of "which race is the most flawless" which why would you make that when flaws are half of what makes a character a character?
>>
>>46791735
If you treat the material in the core rulebooks as a set of available-but-not-mandatory resources for your fantasy roleplaying game, Gnomes can be a good substitute for both Elves and Dwarves. Want a quick way to differentiate your campaign from Oerth and Faerun and Golarian and Fantasy Smorgasbord Grabbag #347? Get rid of the Elf/Dwarf dynamic entirely. Wanna play an industrious short guy? Gnome. Wanna play a magical forest dude? Gnome. They make two overplayed demihuman races conceptually unnecessary.

Alternately there's a great take I've seen on Gnomes where they've got a backstory rooted in the other traditional fantasy races. Garl Glittergold saw the tension between the Elves and the Dwarves and produced new people that everybody could get along with. Forest Gnomes are a friendlier version of the Dwarven stereotype of what Elves are like. Rock Gnomes are a less threatening version of the Elven stereotype of what Dwarves are like. Later on Humans came along and Garl introduced the Svirfneblin for reasons that are a bit more complicated.
>>
>>46794579
>can do everything well
All full casters

>can do most things well
Rogue

>can do many things well
Paladin
Monk

>can do a few things well
Fighter
Barb

>can't even do one thing well
Ranger
>>
>>46794579
>can do everything well
lore bards
wizards

>can't even do 1 thing well
four elements monk
bm ranger
>>
File: mirin that freedom.jpg (258 KB, 429x918) Image search: [Google]
mirin that freedom.jpg
258 KB, 429x918
So in what way could i spam Dimension Door ala D4C?
Just got straight wizard?
>>
>>46794667
>Well, I assumed "bro tier" to mean the player, otherwise the list is of "which race is the most flawless" which why would you make that when flaws are half of what makes a character a character?

There's different qualities of flaws. Flaws that encourage intra-party conflict and Chaotic Stupid behaivor are the worst.
>>
>>46794683
If you still think the utility spells are better than actual skills and profs, you literally haven't played.
>>
>>46794708
Chaotic Stupid is the worst. Intra-party conflict can be good stuff if those involved know how to pull it off, but I totally get not giving the benefit of the doubt unless you know them well enough.
>>
File: 1429992511044.jpg (20 KB, 328x396) Image search: [Google]
1429992511044.jpg
20 KB, 328x396
>>46794634
>monk the best martial
>not rogues
>>
>>46794735
That list is basically most to least useful skills, though. Profs anyone can have any of really.
>>
>>46794581
>That's a pretty dumb fluff niche.

When the Gnomish Kingdom has exclusive control over vast wealth of Gnomish not!Congo, Gnomish not!Ruanda-Urundi, and the not!Tianjin Concession, while the dwarves are struggling to figure out this new thing called "farming like you're not an idiot", THEN we'll see who's dumb.
>>
Warlocks can be edgy, but don't have to be. The archfey can be a heroic patron. The goo can be patron to a dashing hero type. The goo barely has motivations, let alone alignment.

Fiend locks are the only ones that have to be edgy, and that's only because dnd has a retarded alignment system where things are objectively good or bad.
>>
>>46794748
>Intra-party conflict can be good stuff if those involved know how to pull it off, but I totally get not giving the benefit of the doubt unless you know them well enough.

One guy wanting to save the princess and another wanting to hand her over to the dragon because she was purchased legally is one thing.

A character who becomes enraged when he doesn't get his way is something else, and that's how half orcs are described as usually being.
>>
>>46794775
It puts casters above rogues; the only full caster that is honestly > rogue is Bard and it's because it's either the Skill Monkey to rule them all or close enough plus magic

Feylock with the invocation for prof in all charisma score is a better Beguiler than an Enchanter is.
>>
>>46794778
Just because it would make them effective doesn't make it not dumb.

"Gnomes are unkillable, smarter than anyone, and stronger than giants" would be dumb, too, but they'd win in-setting.
>>
>>46794786
Also, edgy can be fun to play sometimes. Ignoring Balkan squatting board memes of course.
>>
>>46794792
That seems pretty biased. I take half-orcs as the race with orcish rage and enough humanity to know how to direct it usefully instead of throwing a destructive tantrum. That's why they're not just orcs.
>>
>>46794830
I am perfectly fine if edge is in an edgy game.

If you role a Fiendlock in a party of goody two shoes I'll raise an eyebrow unless you're a good player. If your Fiendlock is in a party with Death Clerics, Necromancers, Dirgesingers and Oathbreakers, knock yourself out.
>>
>>46794821
Look, OP asked what they're good for, I answered. That's their distinct niche - they're technologically and magically innovative, unlike dwarves (who find a thing that works and stick to it forever) and elves (the same), or halflings (who simply don't care enough to be innovative) but like humans.

But, unlike humans, they tend to be innovative for the sake of innovation itself rather than innovative for a purpose. Buried in some gnomish workshop somewhere is the prototype for the steam engine, but the gnomes don't implement it on a large scale because the guy who invented it built it just to see if he could and, having done so, moved on to the next thing.

Basically gnomes aren't very useful in a pseudo-Medieval setting where innovation slowed down for 1,000 years, but if you're running a campaign in the Renaissance or later then they're an indispensable asset.
>>
>>46794634
>>46794683
>>46794689
Neat
Thanks
>>
>>46794927
I spoke too soon about fighter, because as other anons said, ranger is the worst. You'd think considering I'm playing one I'd have thought of it. At least I'm not a beast master.
>>
>>46794852
Is a guy who took an ill advised bargain with a fiend to accomplish something good edgy to you? What if he does everything good except for the rare occasion his master demands evil? And his personal quest is usurping his master's power and using it to do good?
>>
>>46794948
Beat master is the best ranger archetype though.
>>
>>46794968
Like I said, if it's a good concept I'll allow it, like everything else. I've also questioned a lot of other concepts (like a wizard in an expressly illiterate culture, a dragon sorc in a world without dragons, etc)
>>
>>46794993
Companion is pretty awful in 5e, but more importantly, I would play a "beat master" no matter how good or bad it was.
>>
>>46794948
Hah.
I was thinking either a Wood Elf Swashbuckler or a DB Battlemaster
>>
>>46795029
>Wood Elf Swashbuckler
Be this. You said "nuts to this forest bullshit" and became a pirate.
>>
>>46795026
> Model an extended adventuring party (small adventuring guild) after the Wu Tang Clan.
> Win D&D
>>
File: always bet on duke.jpg (339 KB, 800x4600) Image search: [Google]
always bet on duke.jpg
339 KB, 800x4600
>>46795054
I want him to end up like this though
That's some journey from "Oh god this Blue thing is awesome"
>>
>>46795110
There's water in the woods. Try not to read so much into the race that you're rolling a retard.
>>
>>46795215
>comparing the sea that disappears in the horizon to a river or lake
LEL

Then again a HE gets a free cantrip
>>
>>46795237
Literally, fantasy wood elves are linked to places that have two things: forests, and the sea.

Finland, Brittany, Wales, Scotland, etc
>>
>>46795265
Totally depends on the GM's setting.
Either way, i'll leave it vague for the party since most likely there's little difference for non-elfs
>>
>>46795237
High elves get a cantrip. Wood elves are good at hiding.
>>
If each race was a single class, what would each be?

Looking at fluff, not mechanics.
>>
>>46795265
>>46795334
Yeah i'll probably make hima High Elf to be honest
>Lazy, arrogant elf that dislikes all the "pointless and boring" politic-ing seeks enternal adventure on the sea.
Sounds good to me
>>
Feylock: pact of the blade. Wants to be the best, like no one ever was, and an opportunistic fey was willing to grant him that opportunity, so long as he carries the feys banner, and serves as the fey's Knight.

What are some fun weapon feats to take to reflect pact of the blade basically giving you weapon mastery on everything?

I've already worked with my DM, and we're adding a magical damage modifier (+1 at 6, +2 at 10, +3 at 14). There's also talk of homebrew invocations, and letting me use ranged weapons.
>>
>>46795396
If your DM allows homebrew, I did just finish the a thing that has rules for sea elf subrace (they're pretty much just elves with swim speed and water breathing), and that sounds like it could be appropriate.
>>
>>46794258
I'm still salty that bladelock doesn't get anything like battle magic.
>>
>>46791735
Gnomes are pretty cool. They're a race of scientists and magicians.
I love playing them.
>>
>>46795529
Battle Magic annoys me due to the lack of a cantrip version, even if Bards only really have mockery and that sonic damage thing added in TOEE.

That said, yes, maybe get EK's ability, or the power to channel blasts through the weapon as an invocation.
>>
>>46793664
Found the guy who failed a save vs. Phantasmal Force.
>>
>>46795497
I think even using UA is pushing it with this guy.
Thanks tho m8
>>
>>46794786
Fiendlocks don't have to be edgy

>Beat a devil prince in a fiddle contest, got powers instead of a golden fiddle
>Cheated in a card game with a disguised devil and got caught, spent a couple of years as a minion and eventually the devil turned him loose, but forgot to take the power back
>Imp familiar is the patron, he just wants to go on adventures
>Used to be the sex slave of a powerful succubus/incubus, sued after getting dumped, powers are alimony
>Spend most of adult life playing devil's advocate, was offered job as paralegal at actual devil law firm
>Spent a crazy night in town, blacked out drunk, woke up with powers
>>
>>46795675
>got powers instead of a golden fiddle
brb, homebrewing Pact of the Fiddle
>>
>>46795675
>Spend most of adult life playing devil's advocate, was offered job as paralegal at actual devil law firm
>Spent a crazy night in town, blacked out drunk, woke up with powers
Fuck me, I love you anon.
>>
>>46794193
Dark Sun changed all of the player races, not just halfings.
>>
File: 1461098886609.png (894 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1461098886609.png
894 KB, 1000x1500
>>46793702
I like this one.
We should make it the official tier list.
>>
Which skill should I use to roll seduction?
Persuasion?
I'm not a barbarian, so Intimidation wouldn't work
as thematically.
>>
>>46795757
>so Intimidation wouldn't work as thematically
Some women are into that.
>>
>>46795718
Darksun's other races made some sense. Halflings in Darksun were just gratuitous (and gnomes were saddled with 2e's general "fuck gnomes" attitude where if a setting dropped a race it was 99% of the time gnomes)
>>
>>46795687
I'd be tempted to actually do that (hell, wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've done on a whim), but I have no idea what exactly that would be like, aside from some kind of bard/warlock hybrid.
>>
>>46795770
I forgot to mention that I am playing a woman.
She IS six feet tall, but we're doing HotDQ and
I'm considering seducing Cyandeath.
>>
>>46795380
> Humans
> Fighters, Rogues, Sorcerer, and Priests

> Elves
> Wizard
> Druid or Ranger

> Dwarf
> Barbarian or Fighter

> Gnome
> Druid or Wizard

> Halfling
> Bard and Rogue

> Half Elf
> Bard and Ranger

> Half Orc
> Barbarian or Fighter

> Dragonborn and Tiefling
> corpses
>>
>>46794581
That's because writers are fucking retards and anything with ancestry that's from an evil source always pretend like they're about to go full Chaotic Evil at any second when in reality they're just scornful because shock of all shocks- they look like monsters and are 99.9999999999% of the time rape baby orphans, neither of which a medieval society would be big on.

That said there's only three ways to play a Half-Orc correctly, either they're really scornful and are about to flip the fuck out because they're sick of how society treats them, OR they try to use their ancestry to motivate them to be good and are really bro because they try to make a best of their negative situation, OR what I like to do sometimes...make them Orc raised kids that broke off once they came of age instead and just be goofy mercenaries with their own pseudo Orc Warband of other Half-Orcs that use their heritage to destroy their enemies like a mac truck.Which is a pretty nice way to put "Good Orcs" into a setting without just...having the "Noble Savage" stereotype not-evil Orc for no reason.
>>
>>46795380
Halflings: Rogues
Half-Elf: Bard
Half-Orc: Barbarian
Dwarf: Cleric
Elf: Druid or Ranger
Dragonborn: Paladin
Gnome: Wizard
Tiefling: Warlock
Goliath: Fighter
Genasi: Sorcerer
Aarakocra: Monk
Human: Fighter
>>
>>46795675
>Tsundere devil is in love with the warlock
>Devil showed up one day when the warlock was looking for a roommate, gives powers in lieu of rent money
>The patron loves devil's food, the warlock is an excellent baker
>The patron offered powers with an airtight contract thinking the warlock was the chosen one and hoping to corrupt them, the chosen one was actually another person with the same name, patron is now stuck in contract
>Warlock is a tiefling, patron is modern, open-minded mom/dad who is trying to be supportive when his child "came out" as good
>>
>>46795775
>Halflings in Darksun were just gratuitous
How? What are you on about? The whole point of settings like Eberron and Dark Sun is that they're different from the default setting. That includes the core races. Orcs in Eberron are nature loving druids and there's a whole nation of warrior horselord elves. The other nation of elves worship undead.
So you're argument that halflings have been changed because they're shit is blatant nonsense.
You don't like halflings? Okay. That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But don't try to back up your opinion with bullshit.
>>
>>46795966
I didn't say anything about Eberron because I actually dislike eberron wholesale.
>>
File: Beedrill.png (76 KB, 464x768) Image search: [Google]
Beedrill.png
76 KB, 464x768
Monster makin' nub here... is this right?
It came out to CR 9 1/2 by my count, but I decided to round it up to 10... was I even close to correct?
>>
>>46795807
>be borderline manlet at bar, scoping out the chicks
>bump into huge lump of muscle, spill my drink
"Hey dude fucking watch your step"
>Turns around
>Is actually 6 foot tall muscle-bound chick with a mean mug
"Whatcha gonna do about it bitch!?"
>Get boner
>end up getting furiously jackhammered in the bathroom by angry amazon
>worth it
>>
File: salamipile.jpg (120 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
salamipile.jpg
120 KB, 500x333
In honor of gnome thread, the time a dead Gnome wizard saved an entire country with his stupid joke item.
>party member acquires a one-use wand from a Gnomish wizard's tower that can transmute a single piece of wood into meat
>this is very useful when the only thing tree-related for hundreds of miles are cactii
>many sessions later, a second party member acquires a feather token: tree
>the necromancer BBEG has spread a plague to sicken all the livestock and force the villages to either starve to death or bow to him
>the party summons a giant tree and turns it into a salami
>pepperoni slices-as-leaves raining from the sky as this massive log of meat flops over
>500 square feet of salami
>a pile of pepperoni larger than a house
>25 fucking tons of delicious, salty meat
>>
>>46795775
But Dark Sun gnomes destroyed the sun and had giant flying ship-towers full of advanced biotech nonsense.
>>
>>46795995
Oh so you were even mouthing off about settings you don't even know anything about. Wow. And you haven't responded to the point I was making at all.
Thanks so much for contributing such great insight to this discussion.
>>
>>46796106
No, I literally didn't say a word about Eberron
>>
>>46796068
Delicious story anon
>>
>>46795380
Dwarves:

Hill Dwarf: Cleric
Mountain Dwarf: Fighter (Champ or Battlemaster)
Grey Dwarf: Fighter (Eldritch Knight)

Elves:

High Elf: Wizard
Wood Elf: Ranger
Drow: Rogue

Halfling:

All three subraces: Rogues, each a different playstyle. Most would skip adventure though.

Humans: Paladins, mostly Devotion but a few Vengeance and even fewer Ancients.

Dragonborn: Either Paladins or Barbarians, depending on if you lean more towards their "Honourbound Dragonkin" angle or "Noble savages from the wilderness" angle.

Gnomes:

Forest: Druids, possibly also hermit-y Wizards.
Rock: Wizard (Artificer)
Deep: Wizard (Conjuration or Abjuration)

Half-Elf: Rogue (Mastermind) or Bard.

Half-Orc: Barbarian.

Tiefling:

Normal: Warlock
Feral: Rogue

Aarakocra: Rangers.

Genasi: Sorcerers, if there were more elemental origins that is. As-is they lack a proper niche IMO. Though each one's stats suit a given class.

Goliath: Barbarians.

Have I missed any?
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-20+at+04.46.03).png (15 KB, 1064x95) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-20+at+04.46.03).png
15 KB, 1064x95
According to the newsletter, DM's Guild just added changed its rules to allow Ravenloft setting content. This means they might as they publish other settings, too. Thoughts?
>>
>>46793085
>>46793091
...But it is metagaming!
>>
>>46797186
How?
>>
>>46797220
The characters might not know the effects of gaseous form in detail.

I always just describe narratively what happens, and characters can roll arcana to identify it.
>>
>>46797255
What makes you think something like that didn't happen? Or that the DM flat told them the boss used Gaseous Form?
>>
>>46797186
In the sense that playing the game is metagaming, yes.
>>
>>46797220
Would your character have reason to recognize the spell (e.g., knows it themself), or did you just blurt out "It's gaseous form! Get him!"

> inb4 The DM said Gaseous form
The DM is talking to you, not to the characters.
>>
>>46797270
>Or that the DM flat told them the boss used Gaseous Form?
See >>46797301

>>46797271
Very astute. Go cry about it.
>>
>>46797270
He didn't mention arcana rolls. I assume the GM described the spell, poster identified it ooc, and then informed the other players ooc that the spell just made people resistant.
>>
>>46797331
However, the players also gave up for metagaming reasons (the DM is making him run away for narrative purposes to come back later).
>>
>>46797301
I'm not the guy who wrote the story, so I wouldn't know. If the DM tells me it's Gaseous Form, that means my character recognizes it as such. Otherwise, he would just describe its effects.
>>
>>46797331
...And then they acted IC with information they knew OOC.

That's a strong component of metagaming.
>>
>>46797370
You don't know that. All we have is the story as it is.
>>
>>46797384
The post I replied to said it assumed as much:
> poster identified it ooc, and then informed the other players ooc that the spell just made people resistant.

Reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>46797358
That's weak. Gms can totally metagame, but they need to disguise it so verisimilitude is preserved.

Instead of asking the players to let the bbeg survive, reveal that he had a clone base, it it was a simulacrum all along, or etc.
>>
>>46797409
And that poster's assumption is irrelevant to the story. Don't be such a dick. I meant to tag him too in my post.
>>
We've had dumber arguments than this, but this one is pretty fucking pointless.
>>
File: orc fem rogue.jpg (107 KB, 736x1144) Image search: [Google]
orc fem rogue.jpg
107 KB, 736x1144
>>46794842

Yeah, I've never had a half-orc PC cause problems. Elf PCs, yeah, all the fucking time.

What the race is described as is much less important to game quality than what kind of player the race attracts. Half-orcs seem to attract fun guys and awesome girls.
>>
File: L07nbhn.png (139 KB, 436x438) Image search: [Google]
L07nbhn.png
139 KB, 436x438
Who /minionmancer/ here?

>tfw always have 4 skellies in the back shooting arrows
>tfw can call in 16 lesser demons at once
>tfw soon I will be able to call in 32 demons, all with 30 extra THP
>tfw DM's brain will explode from the bounded accuracy
>>
>>46795917
>You were such a good baker the devil gave you powers

This is fantastic
>>
File: 1434373092504.jpg (71 KB, 719x674) Image search: [Google]
1434373092504.jpg
71 KB, 719x674
Tfw your campaign turns to ashes because your dm turns into a bitch because things didnt turned out as he wished.
Tfw this kills your circle.
Tfw no table to play.
Btw is it actually possible to have something good playing with randoms on roll20?
I might consider that
>>
>>46797301
>>46797331
It makes sense that even characters who don't know what Gaseous Form does would still try to kill the villain-shaped mass of smoke moving around where the villain used to be, especially if there are no other threats nearby.
>>
>>46798795
You should try not playing dnd if you want to avoid sperg fests.
>>
>>46798795
>Btw is it actually possible to have something good playing with randoms on roll20?
Totally. Two of the three games I've been involved with on roll20 have been good, and one of those was honestly one of the better games I've ever played.

You just gotta roll dice. Is that irony, using that phrase in this context?
>>
File: fuckme.gif (1 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
fuckme.gif
1 MB, 550x309
No April UA?
>>
>>46798866
That was the second campaign where he was the dm, the first one started good, ended well, not good.
And them on this one he goes full tilt because the party uncovered the plot way earlier than he accounted for. If youre going to dm you need to put player creativity into account.
>>46798869
Thanks ill go try it.
>>
Would a fight against 8 stories be too much for a party of three level threes? I know their CR is 1/8, but the math sometimes gets muddied when adding creatures to encounters.
>>
Would Dragon Ancestor's Proficiency Bonus apply to to all draconic races, or just pure dragons?
>>
Is there a resource I can get (download, or torrent) of maps, dungeons, cities, tokens, for roll20?
>>
>>46799363
>when interacting with dragons
>>
File: Old girl.jpg (96 KB, 960x758) Image search: [Google]
Old girl.jpg
96 KB, 960x758
My last session ended depressingly. Wizard player had mentioned losing interest in the character and basically said he was up for doing a heroic sacrifice to get the party out of the cursed house we were in.
>Exit is guarded by a horned devil, we are mostly around level 4 so killing it is unlikely.
>Devil basically says killing someone in the house and giving him their soul lets one person exit.
>Me and the other moralfags manage to stop the murderhobos killing all the civvies with us.
>Eventually through finding various magical stuff in the house we force the devil into letting us out, only he says the exit will always require a minimum of one soul.
>This was clearly the GM trying to throw wizard a heroic sacrifice situation, only wizard guy's character wouldn't actually throw his life away unless it was his last resort.
>Instead he turns to the bard player with a look of remorse and says "Uh, I pick the Bard's dog"
Poor old girl may have been a useless mutt but she never did any harm to anyone and now she's going to be damned for eternity.
>>
>>46799494
Yeah but what about dragon turtles and wyverns and stuff? I know they count as dragons but do they count as /dragons/? That's what I'm guessing they're asking.
>>
>>46799557
I would assume it only means fully fledged dragons, the chromatics and metallics. I make this assumption based on you only being able to select an ancestry from a chromatic or metallic dragon, and not a dragon turtle or wyvern.
>>
>>46799601
What about chromatic/metallic half-dragons?
>>
>>46799654
No. Because then you have to allow double proficiency to charisma checks with Dragonborn as well.
>>
>>46799671
Whatever, I'll run it by my DM and see what he thinks.
>>
>>46799554
Now you have to storm Hell and get that dog back!
>>
>>46799692
Yeah, totally. However, I view as an all or nothing thing. If you start to allow it with one thing that isn't a Dragon but resembles one and/or has Dragon in the name, you have to allow it with all.
>>
>>46799698
That would kind of bring us back to square one of having to kill a horned devil. Also knowing our GM what will more likely happen is we are going to be attacked by a Hell Hound version of her every few sessions.
>>
>>46799363
Any monster that has the dragon archetype, of course. Wyverns are included there, by the way, check the MM.
>>
>>46799753
Not to disregard your opinion completely, I just don't completely agree with it. I'd personally be into a mass double proficiency bonus against all draconic creatures, but that would be something to be concerned about.
>>
>>46799363
That could be seriously exploited by a Rogue or Bard with Expertise in Persuasion checks.

At level 20, +5 + 2 * 2 * 6 = +29 to the DC. Although the game doesn't specify how to deal with multiple multiplication bonuses so depending on the DM that could be maybe only +17 to the check.
>>
>>46799905
Huh. I forget there was a Dragon type in this game. I just figured there were Magical Beasts.

Yeah, in that case, anything classified as a Dragon by type would be affected. I'm fairly certain the Dragonborn are not considered Dragons, instead falling under Humanoid.
>>
>>46792132
Wait, were those supposed to be normal suits of armor? My GM said they were all welded to their stands and unusable.

I mean, not that any of us would have risked putting on a suit of armor found in that house by that point anyway, but still.
>>
>>46794366
That just gave me the awesome imagery of some massive invisible giant in the middle of a thunderstorm, visible only because of the rain against his body

Fucking cool
>>
>>46800057
You're GM was right, that guys just shitposting.
>>
>>46799995
Neither are half dragons.

>>46799934
>Although the game doesn't specify how to deal with multiple multiplication bonuses
It does actually. You may only multiply or divide your proficiency once. Pages 173-174.
>>
>>46800217

Ah, okay. That's alright then.
>>
>>46793730
Trying this in my current campaign, I'm a level 3 GOOlock and I want to dip into fighter a bit. What should thr spread be for a good spread? I really just want the extra action as a 5th level fighter
>>
Character concepts you want to play but haven't yet

>NG yuan-ti paladin of nature
>>
>>46793730
What are the benefits of taking Warlock past 3? I've only played as a Sorcerer or Barbarian since they fit my character, and I'm not so good at class analysis so I don't really get Warlocks.
>>
Could a leader type character have low CHA? Would that be more of a strategist/tactician?
>>
>>46800392
If you're going to be using eldritch blast more than a weapon, you really only want a 2 level dip in fighter for action surge.
>>
>>46800548
Not really. I mean, you could say that all you need is more CHA than your subjects, but you'd still be a pretty undesirable leader.
>>
>>46799316
I'm assuming stirges, but either way. There's a formula for building encounters using an XP budget in the DMG.

Alternatively you can use kobold.club, which does the math for you.

And yes, it would be considered a Medium encounter, they shouldn't have much trouble with it.
>>
>>46798411

That sounds like a massive pain in the ass, rolling 37 creatures' attacks.
>>
>>46800545
Right now, there aren't many from a min maxing perspective. Warlock is very front loaded. However, there are a lot of good invocations which can be fun, and having access to as many fifth level spells as warlocks get at high levels is cool too.
>>
>>46800617
I didn't even catch that autocorrect. Good job deciphering it. And thanks. I'm at work spitballing some ideas for an upcoming campaign and don't have access to the books.
>>
So, any progress on statting my bag'o'daggers for my mage-hand to drop? Remember, it isn't an attack roll if the item is dropped rather than thrown.
>>
>>46800687
0d0+0 damage in a 0-foot diameter.
>>
>>46800687
Just taking a stab at it, but I'd say dc10 dexterity save or take 1d6 damage.
>>
>>46800687
I'd make it an attack roll.

1d20 plus your int mod vs AC
On hit, 1d4 damage.
If you have mage hand ledgerdomain, then you get to add your int mod to damage.
>>
>>46800733
That's about as generous with it as I would get
>>
>>46800687
The bad guy shoots your mage hand with a crossbow. Gonna have to use an action to recast it.
>>
Hello /tg/, I have a question.

Does this feel like it should work as the final battle of a campaign, where the party is 4 people around lv 9-10? Did I calculate the CR correctly? Any tips on what I should change?
>>
Have any of you tried homebrewing your own version of a psion? I know wizards is play testing a mystic class right now but I'd like to try the concept of a psychic out myself
>>
>>46800960
It's not mine, but here's a very, very good one.
mega:///#!kcQ1TCzZ!bVgHGwQVfrt70WPAZPKJ7MiPCdqFcr7VxFYDEwNSG0U
>>
>>46800885
You could drop the separate initiative multiattack thing and just give it legendary actions, but I'm guessing you already decided not to use those.

You're not including its proficiency (5 at CR 14) in the attacks. You should also give it proficiency in all saves except maybe Strength and Intelligence. It's probably a good idea to lower its Strength, too. Somewhere below 26, I'd say.
>>
>>46800885
>more then
>>
>"Hey [D&D 5e group], are you playing Dark Souls III?"
>"I...I don't like those types of games... I only play tabletop games..."

Does this just mean they can't get good?
>>
File: More Then.png (144 KB, 687x510) Image search: [Google]
More Then.png
144 KB, 687x510
>>46801313
How about this?
I decided to keep the separate initiative because I think it gives this feeling where the creature isn't completely in control of itself.
Other than that I think I managed to make it more correct (gave it prof in Str instead of Cha).
>>
>>46795081
Way of the 36 Chambers
>>
Is Rally and Inspiring Leader worth it with a measly +1 charisma mod?
>>
>>46801657
As a big DS fan, its not for everyone. Hell, the genre is so unpopular that Capcom had to trick everyone into thinking Dragons Dogma was going to be a new Monster Hunter game so people would buy it.

Shooters and sports games have a much wider audience.
>>
>>46801722
I had a hald-orc stone fist monk who was a member of the wu-tang clan.

The story was his father got with a women because he was an ol' dirty bastard.

He went to find the temple at a young age and discovered he was able to learn due to his father's heritage
>>
>>46801657
> Dark Souls is the pinnacle of fantasy vidya and anyone who plays DnD should love it like I do.
Tell me more.
>>
>>46802109
He wasn't saying you have to love dark souls. He was saying to git gud.
>>
File: Larva-Mage.jpg (230 KB, 640x904) Image search: [Google]
Larva-Mage.jpg
230 KB, 640x904
How would I recreate a larva mage/worm that walks?
>>
>>46801822
...you a Paladin with +1 ChaMod?
>>
>>46802197
No, a BM Fighter. Hence Rally, silly.
>>
>>46801702
Keep in mind though, there are some spells that call for Charisma saves. Your party should have access to level 5 spells, and off the top of my head I remember Banishment having a Charisma save, at 4th level. It wouldn't be an encounter ender, but could give them a 1 minute breather to get ready to pounce when it came back.

Aside from that, I would say those scores are a huge hindrance to it. As a boss, even with Legendary Resistance, if there are enough casters in your party they could shut it down after 2 rounds. Be sure to take a look through the spells your party has available, not to directly counter them, but to avoid trivializing the encounter. At the very least you could increase its Wisdom a bit.

I also haven't done the math for CR, damage and all. Kinda lazy for that right now, but I hope I could help.
>>
>>46802197
Yes. Very silly.

You doing this through magic initiate, then? What do your wis and int look like?
>>
Howdy, /5eg/. I'm working on a new character for a campaign primarily set in the Feywild, and I've decided to go with a high elf 'arcane duelist,' as I've been calling him. Imagine a fencer tossing fireballs around with his free hand, essentially. Only problem is, I can't choose between the Eldritch Knight or Blade Singer for the character's class. As I understand it, the EK is a stabby guy that occasionally blasts things, while the BS is a blasty guy that occasionally stabs things, correct?
>>
>>46802214
>>46802257 is for you. My bad.
>>
File: rally.png (142 KB, 429x129) Image search: [Google]
rally.png
142 KB, 429x129
>>46802257
You seem confused. Why would I take Magic Initiate?
>>
>>46802109
Damn.... guess you can't get good
>>
>>46802277
If you're primarily a duelist, and want to play the weapon angle, go EK.

If you want to be a caster who can swing a weapon when things get hairy, go Bladesinger.

If it helps: stock EK doesn't get Cantrips.
>>
>>46802236
Yea, I'll write the tips down and modify it at a later date, too tired to keep working now.
Thanks for the help, though!
>>
>>46802301
I fucked up. I wasn't thinking about the maneuvers.

Going away now.
>>
>>46802315
> get good
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.