[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
robot island thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 234732048.jpg (173 KB, 1024x560) Image search: [Google]
234732048.jpg
173 KB, 1024x560
Would a safe haven for robots ever be possible in a million years? It's fun to think about. I think most people, including me, wouldn't join in until most of the groundwork was already laid out. The only chance I see is a generous robot winning the lottery and kickstarting it all.
>>
File: STORY TO 11.png (484 KB, 769x5704) Image search: [Google]
STORY TO 11.png
484 KB, 769x5704
>>29929662
friendo, theres a greentext from a few months ago where 900 bots were in a fallout style vault. here it is
>>
How about instead of robot island , we do a robot vacation where we travel around SEA and Japan for 3 months
>>
>>29929700
but that wouldn't happen anon. Grills won't be separated and violent degenerates will be exiled
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 622x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 622x640
>>29929662
NO. NONE OF YOU EVEN KNOW HOW TO BOIL WATER. WHY WOULD I WANT TO SURVIVE OUTDOORS WITH YOU ALL?
>>
>>29930075
>put water in pot and heat it up
Besides, it's not a campout you cuck.
>>
>>29929662
>literally no one working
>no commodities
>no infrastructure
>no public services
it would be shit. we'd all die
>>
>>29930196
Of course it'll take planning. No one's packing up and moving right now.
>>
File: +RIP AND TEAR.png (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
+RIP AND TEAR.png
14 KB, 225x225
yea alright, that would be rad, everybody would die because they have zero survival instinct and I would else up with some radical bone utensils and decorations. I'd probably end up killing everybody before they had a chance to starve though.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 477x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 477x491
>>29930196
We will all die slowly while verbally shitposting. I can't wait.
>>
I vote we all move over to Sealand. It's the easiest choice, they're practically begging for citizens.
>>
Join the steam group fags
>>
>>29930381
>joining a 4chan group on steam
>ever
what kinda fag do you think i am?
>>
>>29930381
kickstarter up when
>>
File: pepo_checks_the_facts.png (413 KB, 649x524) Image search: [Google]
pepo_checks_the_facts.png
413 KB, 649x524
Idea for income:
>Tendie's
>massive fast food chain that sells primarily chicken
>reward program for repeat customers; save up gbp
>blow kfc right out with our patented secret chicken ingredient
it's cum
>>
>>29930492
OP of the other threads here, I was going to set up a kickstarter but there's no way to not get my name displayed and get doxxed by normies. I found some other crowdfunding sites that wouldn't display my name but they're not as trustworthy (there's no way to refund donations if the project falls through).

Honestly, I can say from the past few threads that it wouldn't be worth it anyway. I had to do pretty much all of the research on things myself, and most of the discussion in the threads was just shitposting. Even agreeing on what island/plot of land to use was almost impossible; anons would decide on something in one thread and completely change their minds in the next. Maybe if this was a different board, with people that could handle more responsibility, then something like this could work. The ability to crowdfund opens up a lot of possibilities in my opinion, but I found myself being the only one pulling any weight except for a few other anons. Overall, most of the discussion was just shitposting, and I constantly had to nag people in the thread to stay on topic in order to get any kind of valuable discussion.

Here's the original threads:
>>29858498
>>29886633
>>29909025

If anyone asks about starting a robot island/city/whatever, I would try a different board at least. The sad thing about all of this is I think that, given the right people, it could work; frankly though, I've lost my patience with all of this. Ignoring the tax implications, it's impossible to set up an account that is both trustworthy and won't share my name with the entire world and say "Hey everyone, anon wants to start an island for robots. All the normies and SJWs should dox the shit out of him."
>>
>>29931903
I don't think people consider it a real possibility. If you do all the work and there's no risk involved in joining, that's when the real support will show up.
>>
>>29931903
oh wow another grand scheme for posters on a board to acquire land failed to come to fruition! what a massive shock! it's not like this hasn't happened thousands of times before in the past on this board, on /v/ in mansion threads, on /pol/ and /int/, on /wiz/, on /k/, on literally every single board on the site for years now. you delusional retards never learn.
>>
>>29929662
There was a thing years ago called reddit island. If a bunch of numale programmers couldn't scrape enough money to maintain an island, what makes you think a bunch of NEETS would?
>>
>>29931903
>>29931903
>>29932086
What's worse is that this board is so cynical about everything that any project gets shot down immediately before it can even get off the ground. Again, I think it's possible for this to work, but half of the comments were just "noooo it nu posibel evrey bord duz dis." If people had applied themselves at least a little, things probably would have gone a lot better. Instead, everybody bitched about how hard it was and how it wasn't going to happen. Honestly, this whole situation is a case study for the mind of a robot. There's potential for something to be achieved through hard work, but it's easier to whine about how hard it is. The result is that nothing gets anywhere and everything stays the same.

I had hopes for this, /r9k/. I'm more of a cyborg to be honest, but I wanted to do this as an experiment. I wanted to give you guys a chance to prove to everyone that you aren't just lazy, entitled NEETS that want the world handed to you without any effort. I thought maybe we could even form some kind of weird commune-corporation or something. I don't know. I just wanted to do something different with you guys. Instead, I had that chance thrown back in my face. I'm not going to insult you for it; you don't need me to. You all insult yourselves better than anyone else ever could. At the same time though, I don't really pity you either, because your pain is self-inflicted. You deserve it.
>>
>>29930377
Team up with /k/ and overthrow Sealand. I think the British government protects it now, but it would be fun if you had a death wish to see how long you could survive if you managed to pull it off.
>>
>>29932140
not everyone is new as hell like you m8. there have been attempts to do this on this board before. there have been attempts on other boards and other sites (wizchan) that have even gotten much further along than your little "project" ever did and still they never fully worked out. i'm sorry that you got so invested in your fantasy and now you're butthurt, but don't get mad at the people who have seen this happen time and time again prior to this who knew exactly how it would end up. it's your fault for being so naive.
>>
>>29932086
I was under the impression that the /v/ mansion was a shitposting thread anyway. Like, >meanwhile, at the /v/ mansion

And people would roleplay shitposting /v/ memes as if they lived in a mansion, didn't know there were actually people serious about getting a mansion.
>>
Aren't there free islands anywhere? Or something for the frugal robot? I don't care if there's dangerous creatures and shit, we can burn the forests and start fresh.
>>
>>29932140
Either way, I'm done with this. You all lack the discipline and drive to make something like this work. Instead, you either act like the anons mentioned in >>29932059
Or, you act like >>29932086

What a shame.

Oh well. I'm not even mad, just disappointed in all of you. I have other (much more successful) businesses prospects, and like I said, I'm not really a robot. This isn't too much of a loss for me. As for the other people that waste their days shitposting on this toxic hellhole of a board, this echo chamber for cynical pessimism and excuses to not apply yourself, I can't say the same.

Overall, my advice to anyone wanting to do this would be to pick a different community, gauge the kinds of responses given, and go from there. Most people that "agree" to help will bleat at you like sheep, but they won't actually do anything. Instead, they'll wait for somebody else to put forth the work. If this could work, it wouldn't be with these losers.

Anyway, I'm out. Continue your shitposting
>>
>>29932296
>giving up this easily
LOL. You were never gonna make it
>>
>>29931903
but anon, you don't even need to put a real name down for kikestarter, nor a real email.
>>
>>29931903
>I've lost my patience with this
>first thread was 3 days ago
???
>>
I`d honestly be willing to throwdown cash for this. But sadly I doubt this will ever happen.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.