[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Job's thread #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1448408751704.jpg (75 KB, 972x648) Image search: [Google]
1448408751704.jpg
75 KB, 972x648
Continued from >>56649350

What do you do for a living, how did you get into it and what advice would you give your fellow pollacks, not canada specific this time.

I noticed this anon talk about being a nuclear engineer >>56722616

Are you with amec or opg. Are you an actual engineer or a plant operator? How can I become you?
>>
File: 1441907459770.jpg (31 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
1441907459770.jpg
31 KB, 417x500
>>56729308
Second year university student in "Construction Engineering" here.

>tfw no debts
>>
File: 1414548056330.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1414548056330.gif
2 MB, 450x188
>albertafag
>graduate earlier this year with a 2 year engineering technology diploma
>economy crashed no jobs anywhere
>journeyman welder friend just bought a house then got laid off, can't find a new job
>know a guy graduating with an engineering degree at the UofA and he can't even get an interview

I've considered going and getting more education but it feels like literally every field is saturated
>>
>>56730030
This is what I feel like, but then I also see many people who are working professional jobs and I want to know how to be them. Sitting around isn't going to change anything.
>>
>>56729308
What I hate is obviously incompetent people who have good jobs.

How?
>>
>>56730643
Being competent doesn't matter as long as you don't question the system and you make them money.
>>
>>56730849
This is what I did, but they still let me go so they could hire another grad with like a 10% salary subsidy.
>>
>>56730643
No they are actually costing them, but the employers are so shit they don't realize it.
>>
>>56730643
I don't even know how I am employed but here I am sitting in my company car shitposting on /pol/ because I want overtime this week.
>>
Anyone here went through recruiters like randstad or how about temp agencies like adecco?
>>
>>56733714
I did temp agencies when I was in school

Shit jobs, shit conditions, no flexibility, high hours high pay. Plus you can put it on your resume.

If you're finding the job hunt hard, go to walmart buy a cheap pair of work boots, a nice dr schools thing for them and give it a go.

I remember one week they worked me 80 hours fucking around in an industrial bakery
>>
>>56729308
6 kids with another one coming collecting benefits

thanks white people
>>
>>56734411
those child monthly bonuses are pretty absurd

good on you for taking advantage of a terrible system mehmet
>>
>>56729308
Clerical officer in the Department of Social Protection.

Dropped out of college and they happened to have a recruitment drive going on.

If you are on the scratch go to citizens information and ask what your entitled to, most people don't know about the FIS ( http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/275_Family-Income-Supplement.aspx) , Fuel Allowance and casual work system.

Also if your on the scratch and your starting a full time job that doesn't pay till the end of the month go see a community welfare officer and they'll put you on a free payment till you first get paid. Most people just keep collecting the dole up until the first pay check, which means they owe us. However if you go the community welfare route its free money for that first month, which means you don't get stung with a reduced rate if you go back onto the dole.

Also finally if you finish secondary school and are looking to go to college, depending on how poor you are it might be better if you apply for a course, get the position and then defer it for a year. If you do this and then sign on the dole for that year, come the next year you'll have been on long enough to apply for back to education, which means we'll pay you your dole while you go to college. Your payment also gets bumped up to 160 per week if its lower than.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.