[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the job hunt going /pol/? My temp job just ended today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: image.gif (57 KB, 619x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
57 KB, 619x400
How's the job hunt going /pol/?

My temp job just ended today.
>>
>>56718385
I was looking for a job and then I find a job and Heavens know I'm miserable now.
>>
>>56718889
Why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die
>>
I've had my own business for four years after being told I needed more retail experience to stock a hardware store.
>>
Out of work for 3 years now. Gave up looking for anything.
>>
Me and my boss are on break. I'm surfing 4chan with my screen in his field of vision.

/thread
>>
What kind of jobs does /pol/ work in?
I'd imagine minimum wage or Trades.
>>
>>56719453
me and the boss are just chilling in our office cause no cars coming in.
>>
>>56719341
What do you actually do with your time? How do you get by? Have you thought about moving to an area where there's a boom of some kind going on?
>>
>>56719548
College professor here. I come here for occasional lulz and trolling. Doing just fine.
>>
I dropped out of college last year.(freshman)
Last month I applied to be a cook in a nursing home. (I've never boiled water before.) I got the job and make $13 an hour with health insurance.
Job is easy and I time my smoke breaks so I can talk with a qt3.14 nurse on hers.
>>
I drive a timber truck everyday. Please kill me.
>>
>>56718385
I started the canada jobs thread yesterday.

How hard is it to become a overnight stocker at walmart with no exp and spaghetti falling out of your pockets?
>>
File: 13.jpg (217 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
217 KB, 800x532
Im doing quality analysis of oil and bitumen products in our big ass oil refinery (pic related). 3 months on that job, doing pretty good so far.
>>
>>56719548
Union autoworker here, 10yrs seniority at 30yrs old feels pretty gud man. Plus we just signed our national contract and get a nice $10k signing bonus right before the holidays.
>>
>>56719835
I cut down trees with a chainsaw every day. Life is good. Based Husqvarna 576XP.
>>
>>56718385
>job
I have a career family
>>
>>56719548
White janitor working at an airport during graveyard. Easy work, but minimum wage.
>>
File: 1374219826929.jpg (146 KB, 722x835) Image search: [Google]
1374219826929.jpg
146 KB, 722x835
>>56718385
Had an interview with IHI Corporation today. Went pretty good and we had quite a few laughs, but last year they only hired 3 people from the UK so I'm not exactly hopeful.
>>
>>56720023
Nice, wanna change jobs? I'm 23 and I've been working here for 4 years now. Though, I'd use a gränsfors axe instead of a chainsaw.
>>
>>56718385
I have been looking for a job for months now. I apply nearly everrywhere for nearly everything except cooking and downing a lot of work outside. It is not that I think that work is below me, but I get bloody noses and pass out from too much sun a lot. Last thing I want to do is get a bloody nose while making someone's buger. Still, I was hoping on getting a job at target or any number of big box stores for at the very least a season job. Now that it is thanksgiving I realized I have no hope of this. Right now I am working on getting better at coding and working on linux though. I have a friend who works at a big it company who is couching me along. I still feel like shit though for not being able to get a job no matter how much I try. It has been over four months now ;_:
>>
>>56718385

Did really well in the interview, was offered multiple positions, they said background check would take 3-10 days, now on day 9 and no word back. Should I be worried /pol/?
>>
I'm a merchent
>>
I make $1,200 as a camwhore. My gimmick is I fist myself with one hand and stroke my cock with the other. Im so fat that my viewers love it when I cum all over my belly because they think it's cute and pay me more than I would make otherwise.

I also drive the school bus for the local YMCA. Using the money to finance finishing off a tattoo by getting the colors added. It's a chest piece.
>>
>>56718385
> Seasonal temp job
> ended the day before thanksgiving.

You mean you quit your temp job when they told you to work thanksgiving. Fuck those assholes and fuck this system. Only people who should be working that day are emergency personnel. I don't even like that they have football games going in the evening.
>>
>>56719939
That depends. Is it spaghetti or rigatoni
>>
>>56720297
I can't legally drive big trucks, anon. Sorry. Two drunk driving offenses disqualify you from getting a commercial drivers license.
>>
>>56719548

Accountant.
>>
>>56720849
Lol
>>56720582
>my gimmick
Pics now or gtfo
>>
>>56719548
Underwriter at an international specialty insurance company.
>>
I just got off army welfare. Thinking a about getting regular civilian welfare.
>>
I sell fireplaces.
Unfortunately, I live in the state with the most erratic weather patterns in the western hemisphere, so business is unpredictable.
Incredibly traditional industry though; most everyone, save some labor, is white and conservative.
>>
>>56720565
kek
>>
>>56718385
>2015
>still believes everyone has to have a job
>thinking you're redpilled
>>
>>56720540
They know what you did son
>>
>>56721281
autism bux 4 lyfe
>>
My school had to rest me because I decided to drop two classes and they don't allow student workers with less than 6 units. Now I just stay in my bed for extended amounts of time and study for A+ cert high outta my mind.

Feelsgoodman420.webm
>>
>>56721281
>2015
>Thinking working people will tolerate you being a lazy fuck watching anime all day because "Not everyone has to have a job, maaaan"
No. Contribute to society in some way or starve
>>
>>56719835
i do mostly interior finishes but also exterior
i hate it because the environment is very dusty and the payment is not great i want to find another job but for the moment this is the only thing i can do in my city to have a decent life
>>
>>56721281
What if I don't live with my parents?
>>
>>56721691
as if you'd actually starve in a first world country.
>>
I had a 6 month stint as an administrator at our city's hospital that ended back in May. There was a permanent position I went for but they ultimately decided to transfer in somebody who had more experience than I did.

I've not really had any luck since then. Any response I do get basically says there's a large number of applicants and that the successful had more experience. So yeah.
>>
I am the manager of a branch of a large finance company.
mfw college dropout being the boss of college graduates.
>>
i'd like a simple job but hate retail. dont want to deal with retards.

ideas?
>>
>>56719548
Nuclear engineer. It's incredibly boring.
>>
Remember Americans, if you're white, put your race as "mixed" on the application. That about triples your chances of getting an interview.
>>
>>56722599
Call centers. You can find one starting $15 an hour and usually it's just people calling in for some kind of problem.
>>
>>56721686
>A+
>feels good

Pick one.
>>
>>56722729
I live in Utah. Being white is a plus. Liberal states are shit.
>>
File: 1252109659970.jpg (41 KB, 800x573) Image search: [Google]
1252109659970.jpg
41 KB, 800x573
>mfw took me 4-5 months to get finally land a cushy as fuck University job

My biggest recommendation?

Research what an "Applicant Tracking System" is AKA "Resume Screener".

Learn how to pick and choose keywords from the job description and put them into your resume - most automated systems literally scan your resume for keywords related to the job description and put you into the trash within seconds of applying (then send you a rejection a few weeks later so it seems like a legit and natural rejection)

I twigged to this shit when I got a "After careful consideration we have decided other candidates met the criteria..." bullshit email within 5 minutes and it was like 2am in the morning.

I'm earning £24,000 doing basically jack shit all day except organise University exams/certificates/transcripts/emailing students. Life is easy mode now
>>
What's a good job I can do from home? I only need about $2k per month
>>
I've decided to learn welding and try to find work on contract.
>>
>>56719548
Gardener/landscaping. It's a pretty poor choice of work back here, since for most of us, our field of work is pretty much only available between April-November. Most likely going to start an arborist training next year.
>>
>>56722831
Forgot to mention

Use jobscan.co to scan keywords for you (but manually read it for anything that sounds buzzwordy, or just generally related to the job)

Protip, use Incognito mode to avoid paying.
>>
>>56719548
IT Infrastructure and operations for datacenters
>>
File: 1447557867506.jpg (786 KB, 1181x1181) Image search: [Google]
1447557867506.jpg
786 KB, 1181x1181
>>56718385
>self-taught codemonkey
>despite having made several rather complex websites no one will hire me because I have a degree in political science (GPA 3.8 though)
>on a whim decide to change degree on resume to Computer Science
>suddenly interview requests everywhere
>eventually get job writing code for a smallish company

Remember kids, they never verify the degree unless you seem like a moron and/or don't know what you are doing.
>>
>>56719939
You need to answer the online aptitude test like you have an IQ of 80 before they will call you.
>>
>>56723140
Its surprising how much it comes down to what you lie about. Change a few keywords and suddenly you're a hot commodity.
>>
Just done a big poo in a fancy restaurant lads
>>
>>56722730

but...you have to deal with retards.

that is the problem. i'd lose my sanity dealing with stupid people all the time.
>>
>>56722777
Yo man I'm still a networking babby I bet your old af
>>
>>56723140
My current company tried to verify my degree but the university refused to give them the information because of confidentiality rules. Was hired anyway.
>>
File: nkza2.jpg (61 KB, 1184x1126) Image search: [Google]
nkza2.jpg
61 KB, 1184x1126
>>56718385
Pretty bad. Maybe it's my fault, but actually our unemployment rate is around 21,6%. Giving CV's in person seems pretty useless, and any important company recommends me to search through the internet. I'm also open to work abroad. I'm a bit desperate right now, guys.
>>
>>56719548
Electrical Engineer here.

Only have time to lurk when I get home.
>>
>>56721691
>>56721562
Yeah sure keep being a slave you're redpill as fuck holy shit
>>
>>56719548
Group fitness instructor. I like it better than personal training. Pays more too.
>>
>>56719218
How's it going?
>>
Im unemployed. My dad wont give me a job at the factory hes boss at. He says people my age who work there get their arms and hands snagged in machines and cut off constantly and its not a good job :/
>>
File: image.jpg (787 KB, 2122x1144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
787 KB, 2122x1144
>>56721822
Keep grinding my friend, I hope we all make it one day.
>>
Lawyer. My job was decent but it was a start-up so money was always tight. Decided to leave, so its going to be a tough couple of months before I can find work again. Networking with other lawyers is pretty much the only way to get a job so that means I have to rub noses with a bunch of cunts for a couple of months before I'll catch a break.

Don't go into law, its garbage trying to find a job and the pay isn't really great, considering you have to work 80 hours a week with constant stress that you'll fuck something up.

Good luck out there to all the unemployed lads at there, keep grinding and you'll make it.
>>
>>56718385
Temp job ended last week. Ready for death.
>>
>>56719939
Former walmart LP here, responsible for job screenings.
You only have to pass the drug test, and do not say that you will steal or harm yourself or others on the bullshit test.
>>
>>56718385

I start on Monday, my first job in 2 months. 2bh its actually my first proper job since graduating in 2014. It truly is a christmas miracle
>>
>>56725032
thanks for your encouragements
>>
>>56718385

Securityfag here, just got brought down to 3 days a week unarmed. Im gonna get my firearm permit on the 1st.
>>
>>56720565
Oh that's really atipical.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.