[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: WFL014.jpg (79 KB, 972x648) Image search: [Google]
WFL014.jpg
79 KB, 972x648
What do you guys do for a living canada bro's?

I don't know what to do. Graduated from mechanical engineering in 2012. 1 year of experience as a CAD tech since then, last employed 1.5 years ago.

Gave up looking for a job last spring; too much spaghetti to compete in interviews. Have no real experience or training in engineering so I don't qualify for professional jobs. I'm too far out of school for new grad jobs. Even CAD tech work is out of my reach because everyone uses Autocad and I'm solidworks.

What's an autist to do?
>>
File: wagecuck.png (59 KB, 486x556) Image search: [Google]
wagecuck.png
59 KB, 486x556
Are there no wagekeks here?
>>
Just joined the Canadian Forces.
>>
>>56649350
>mechanical engineering
>going into an already heavily saturated field

you gotta move to another country, go back to school, or find a job somewhere else.
>>
Did you try to do any co-op stuff while in school?

What province are you in? Probably could of got something in Alberta before oil crashed.
>>
>>56650502
What trade?

I was going through application years ago, but now after working I don't think I could blindly follow orders or be on time for everything for the next 13 years.

They tried to court martial a woman with cancer because it took her 2 hours to get to a hospital and apparently that's too long.
>>
>>56651562
You don't want to follow instructions or be punctual? Perhaps your attitude is the reason you don't have a job.
>>
>>56651088
>back to school
For what though? When I was growing up there was a shortage of blue collar jobs and people like machinists were losing their jobs left and right. They pushed everyone towards uni. Now everyone has a uni degree and apparently there's a shortage of trades... but at the same time no one can get apprenticeships.

People keep saying go back to school, but to do what? What won't have the same outcome?

>>56651190
No coop, I didn't have anything on my resume to be able to get a co-op position. Now I have 1 year of exp with a small time manufacturer. I'm in toronto.
>>
>>56652163
Punctuality or following instructions does not even compare to the retardedness of bureaucracy in the armed forces.
>>
>>56652250
> I'm in toronto.

That's your problem. You've living in one of the most competitive areas for employment, and Toronto doesn't even have a very high need for engineers.

You should really try looking out west in Alberta or Saskatchewan.
>>
>>56652250
IT and IT security. Thank me later.
>>
>>56649350
Mech Eng, Grad 2015

Work doing mechanical and electrical building system inspections/assessments.
>>
>>56649350
Well, I'm a cop. So I'll be employed even after the robot uprising.
>>
>>56649350
I've worked at an independent grocery store since I was 15. Now I'm a manager and make $18/hour (union job with benefits) at age 21. I live in a rural area in Northern Ontario so this is more than enough for me. I finished high school with some of the highest marks in my school and I'm fluent in French. I could have gone to university but I ended up staying here.

Try looking for a job in Saskatchewan, they haven't crashed like Alberta yet. Or the states (Nebraska and Texas especially).
>>
File: iron-sheik.jpg (33 KB, 252x360) Image search: [Google]
iron-sheik.jpg
33 KB, 252x360
I currently work part-time as a tutor and I'm going to apply for jobs in China next month.

There are too few jobs in my field, and I'd rather work in a job that uses some of the knowledge I gained in university than work in a job that doesn't use any of it.

I'll probably get a Master's degree later on, though.
>>
Finishing my Econ degree, I have 1 year of co-op experience. How fucked/not fucked am I?
>>
>>56652574
Saskatchewan here, plenty of room for tradesmen here. Apprenticeships are competitive but Journeyman get steady work with the mines.
>>
I'm an electrician.

It pays 40$/hour and isn't as repetitive as other trades (I don't think, only other trade i've done is cabinetmaking)

I only work in town by I have to work all over the city so commutes can sometimes suck

It's a good trade to learn if you want to try your own start up business very cheaply

And the best part of all is that if you're a canadian electrician you can immigrate to australia whenever you want so if le weed man fucks up you got an escape route to another anglo cunt.
>>
I do international shit to help Canadians operate in East Asia (Taiwan/Vietnam/China). While I absolutely respect the trades, I'm so happy I didn't listen to the 4chan meme that the trades are a guaranteed path to success, as my home province of Alberta's now in a recession and I still have the ability to make money from high-growth countries overseas.

Really, any job that gives you access to more than one market is what new grads should be going into, and you have to be willing to move if necessary.

>>56653221
What experience do you have, m8?
>>
Construction . Siding . Looking to go to school in the new year and and get a skilled trade .
Millwright possibly
>>
Plumbing Apprentice / G3 Gas tech.
>>
>>56653513
>I do international shit to help Canadians operate in East Asia (Taiwan/Vietnam/China).

What fields/industries?
>>
>>56653513
Well, 1year of being a junior business analyst at TD and RBC. Mostly working with excel
>>
File: 1447347999794.png (392 KB, 974x1041) Image search: [Google]
1447347999794.png
392 KB, 974x1041
school for computer networking
no jobs here in windsor
NAFTA prevents me from working in america because I do not meet the education nor experience requirements
kill me
>>
>>56653884
But this guy just said IT is hot.
>>56652707

See this is what I am talking about, so much conflicting information.
>>
>>56653768
I interact with pretty much any stakeholder (this is in large part because I'm admittedly fairly low-level, so it's not like I'm in charge of anything sensitive when I fly overseas): all kinds of Canadian businesses that can conceivably participate in international trade/investments, the provinces, the feds, academia, NGOs, and NPOs. Even if East Asia goes to shit, there's always going to be some Westerner willing to pay to understand what's going on, and I'm a (small) piece of the puzzle.

>>56653821
Good. Try to scrounge for any more work experience you can get; it's far more important than schoolwork, as I learned going through my Econ degree.
>>
>>56649350
>Unironically being a CAD monkey
>>
File: v83XP7t.jpg (43 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
v83XP7t.jpg
43 KB, 720x720
>>56649350
Are you me? I graduated from mech eng in 2011. I couldn't find a job after grad period. Gave up in a year or so, now full on NEET, just waiting to die in obscurity.

I really hate my school and their career center. I went to a school with mandatory co-op but they forced you to take whatever job you were offered or you'd fail. They also threatened to fail me if I was selective in the jobs I applied to

So I got a bunch of random experience completely unrelated to my degree and none of it is cohesive enough to land a job.

As you already know the degree itself is completely worthless but you still have to have it just to apply anywhere.
>>
>>56649350
you should lie about your experience and give yourself a few years and create and elaborate story.

literally the only way to get hired as a white guy in this market is to have more experience than fucking everyone ever.
>>
In September my 3-month contract with a municipality ended, and I've been unemployed since then. Starting work at Save-On Foods tomorrow

Shit sucks to be honest
>>
Just get a job in the patch you fucks.
>>
>>56654517
Born and rased in Fort McMurray btw, AMA

I have a diploma in Environmental Technology, but that is basically as valuable as an art degree at this point.
>>
>>56654796
>raised in fort mac
Should have gotten a degree in chem or mech eng; with the right hook ups you could have been rolling in it.
>>
File: 1437699805658.jpg (197 KB, 726x720) Image search: [Google]
1437699805658.jpg
197 KB, 726x720
>>56651190
Systems engineer here. I did co-op at University of Waterloo. Lots of stress but you're very well paid even as a co-op. Funny thing is 4/5 of my co-ops were in the United States.

Engineering isn't for the feint of heart though. Requires 60-80 hour weeks of studying and studying to get through.

I work for as a software consultant now. Get paid 150k to travel across Canada and direct code monkeys on how to automate the modernization of corporate COBOL nightmare software.

I paid my taxes for the first time while working full time last year though. I'm working on emigrating out of here as soon as possible.
>>
>>56655024
Hook-ups don't mean shit there anymore. Everything you apply for has to go through HR, usually a digital resume service like taleo.

I've been working on a course to get into wastewater treatment, and even talking to the head of the plant in Fort McMurray, while working for the municipality couldn't get me a job there.
>>
>>56650502
Waiting to join the Reserves, myself. Working in a welding shop, either going to go for my Class 3 license or try for a welding apprenticeship, not sure which is the better idea. What do you guys think?
>>
File: bp2.jpg (100 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
bp2.jpg
100 KB, 640x800
>>56655219
I went to waterloo as well. Fuck that school Co-op is a fucking joke that's basically a $50,000 lottery ticket.

You either get a couple of good placements and you're set for life or you get shit useless ones and your education is useless.

The fucks at CECS literally started threatening to kick me out when I wasn't applying to enough jobs (too selective they called it) even though I had never failed a course, never missed a co-op (had 4/6 at the time), never dropped anything or ever been on academic probation

Fuck that school and fuck CECS. Worst decision of my life

>Engineering isn't for the feint of heart though. Requires 60-80 hour weeks of studying and studying to get through.
It completely depends on who you are. Stop bigging up engineering as some thing it requires actual skill to get through. I remember being so proud getting my ring, thinking I had finally accomplished something worthwhile and then the job market is fucking nonexistant and no one even gives a fuck about your degree, about your course work, about all those useless hours you spent learning shit you'll never use again

And fuck SYDE. I don't know why but I don't like you guys.
>>
>>56654096
IT IS hot though. All the Jobs in Canada are mostly in Vancouver. IT security will land you places though. Almost every major internet business will require an IT security expert to aid in running their business.

Also that guy is looking for an IT job in WINDSOR. He made his choices.
>>
Plant trees
>>
Fort Mcmurray Alberta here , Heavy Equipment Tech, currently at one of the top 3 companies, 46$ an hour for 2nd year in my trade :)
>>
>>56649350
I clean toilets bro.
>>
>>56649350
I know of two mech engies that just graduated out of uvic last year. Both have full time jobs that are paying $75k starting.

where do you live?
>>
File: 1365997666304.jpg (239 KB, 520x770) Image search: [Google]
1365997666304.jpg
239 KB, 520x770
>>56655737
More like mech is shit and you should've known better. Everyone I know from my year has jobs with 60k+, save for two; one who is a researcher and another who is starting his own business.
>>
File: 13f.gif (113 KB, 498x594) Image search: [Google]
13f.gif
113 KB, 498x594
I work in a welfare office.

>tfw my job goes against my beliefs for the most part
>>
im in the reserves and at school the same time lol
>>
I dont work by choice, I'm homeless. It's not so bad
>>
>>56654285
I am good at it, far better than most of my peers actually. I wasn't bad at design work either, but fuck if I can remember anything.

>>56654310
>>56654503
I am a shitskin so being a neet isn't an option. Parents are getting pissed and telling me to man up.

>>56656409
Toronto
>>
File: IMG_20151103_123051.jpg (858 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151103_123051.jpg
858 KB, 3264x2448
>>56649350
Satellite Controller at the Canadian Space Agency in Quebec near the army base.

I walk past Canadian, American and German astronauts all the time, they fly over here to practice in our simulators.

Our position on the globe is also excellent for sending urgent commands to foreign satellites when the Europeans missed their contact window.
>>
>>56655219
>>56656425
glad to see chinese garbage leaving
>>
mcd
>>
>>56657078
That's pretty cool mang. How do people land interesting jobs like these nowdays? Most of the job board stuff seems to be restricted to a handful of mainstream career types.
>>
Don't do front-end webdev shit
pay sucks
>>
>>56649350
Grocery store (metro) deli part-time
>>
>>56649350
>Even CAD tech work is out of my reach because everyone uses Autocad and I'm solidworks.
I'm learning CAD as a trade I hope to finish by late summer next year. There seems to be ample work in Ontario but I will make the move to another province. If I find an opportunity in the States I'll go at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>56655803
I never chose to live here, let alone be born here, let alone be born.
>>
>>56657868
I saw an ad in the newspaper while I was job searching, seriously.

The never hire but for the first time in over a decade they launched a new satellite and needed a new controller. I guess no one applied that had the credentials.
>>
>>56649350
Well first of all, don't set your standards high. Even though you are highly educated, you aren't entitled to anything. Take whatever opportunity that is closest to your field and roll with it.
>>
>>56656912
How do you have internet?
>>
>>56655219
How hard was it to get into waterloo?
>>
>>56658117
Kill yourself
>>
You should get an MBA. People jizz over Engineer + MBA.

I work in project management (26 y/o) and make 85k + bonus
>>
Just got a job in software today actually, OP. Wagecuucking begins desu but I'm glad to have finally achieved my forever sought out independence from my family.

>>56650502

I feel sorry for you dude. Assuming you graduated from College or Uni, your parents probably pushed you to do Canadian Forces shit since you're too lazy to find a fucking job in that field. Enjoy having a shit life.

>b-but this is what I want to do

Nah. Nobody wants to do this bullshit. Don't fucking lie to yourself. Too bad you're already locked in. Your next 1-3 years are going to be literal shit.
>>
>>56653428
Do you gotta go to college to become an electrician I'm 25 is it to late for me
>>
File: IMG-20151021-WA0006.jpg (345 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151021-WA0006.jpg
345 KB, 1600x1200
Presently unemployed
>>
>>56658322
I have the opposite problem where I don't think I could do the job or meet the requirements and don't apply for anything unless it specifically states 1 year of exp or less.
>>
I drive.
>>
>>56658717
Sure thing, boss. After the economy takes a noise dive and Trudeau and the rest of the Canadian libkek gang make Canada unbearable for companies to do business in, I'll wave to you while you're in the bread line from my guaranteed government job.
>>
Studying physics here, going into 3B.
I'm fucked.
>>
Was teaching English in S. Korea for past 3 years, got home last May. Supremely done with that shit. Don't know what I'm going to do now. Have $30k in bank, definitely don't want to work, everywhere pays shit. Fuck this garbage country.
>>
>>56659358

Delusion at its prime.
>>
>>56650238
Of course not, if we had jobs, we'd have no reason to be on /pol/.

/pol/ is like a measure of unemployment.
>>
>>56657026
What type of shit-skin are you bro?
>>
File: duderefugeeslmao.png (1 MB, 1156x1000) Image search: [Google]
duderefugeeslmao.png
1 MB, 1156x1000
>>56649350
>Canadians
>>
>>56655219

Real engineers study last minute and do well. The killer is in the group projects and assignments.
>>
>>56649350
Have you thought about receiving money in exchange for sex?
>>
call center job, 30k a year salary, easy and fun.

live at home in comfy basement, saving money
>>
>>56649350
>>56649350
insurance property adjuster - started in April and I could do this for the rest of my life. It's the perfect mix of field and office work so that you're not dreading 8 hours driving all over the fucking place or being at a desk for 8. Sure, it's stressful as hell and OT can weigh on you (I did 225 OT hours in the span of three months this year) but I'm learning so many practical things (like construction) and the amount of fucked up situations is more than entertaining.

Best part about insurance is that they are desperate for people because nobody wants to be associated with them because of how inherently shady they can be. I had my reservations myself but at the end of the day it's a means to an end and somebody has to do it.
>>
>>56658478
Depends if you have big tits
>>
File: 1447896355825.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447896355825.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
I quote granite countertops.
It's not magical but I guess it's good to have an office job at 21. 8 to 5 is nice. I live 5 minutes away so I can get up pretty late. My two other co-workers are my family so that's nice. It's not some big corporation shop, it's kinda mom'n'pop but they still get a lot of orders.
>tfw layoff season is coming
>tfw shop guys more than double my age get layed off
>tfw I still have work
>>
>28
>no job
>minimum wage experience
>no degrees
>living in Vancouver

What should I do?

>inb4 dive in front of a skytrain
>>
>>56661849
Learn how to grow and cultivate weed and thrive in the soon to be growing weed market
>>
I put shit on shelves for minimum wage in the lowest employment city in ontario.

sad thing is you can get a decent apartment for $600 here, and a shitty one for $400, so you can very easily live off of only $12-14 an hour here.
>>
>>56650502
Disgusting leach desu.
>>56653221
Are you me?
What school senpai?
Thinking of grad school?
>>
>>56661772
Woo Nepotism!
>>
Finishing up school in Calgary (CS). 1.5 years of coop experience. Got contacted by recruiter for glorified tech support position with posibility of moving into development.

As it stands I am actually considering taking his offer and work there for 6 month while I finish up my school and then hopefully GTFO.

Calgary is so sad at the moment in terms of jobs it's not even funny. I am seriously considering moving to liberal shitholes that Ontario or QC are.
>>
>>56660025
muh signals
>>
Royal Canadian Navy... Best job I l've had yet.
>>
>>56662756
See>>56662436
Get a real job, and stop dicking about with our tax dollars.
>>
>>56662452
well my family members aren't the bosses. The bosses were found of them so gave me a shot. Really down to earth dudes.
It's also nice working right beside the big bosses, you learn alot and instead of having to go through a chain of supervisors and shit you can go directly to the dude who owns the place.
>>
File: 1436484543248.png (315 KB, 530x580) Image search: [Google]
1436484543248.png
315 KB, 530x580
>>56662756
Isn't that just living in a tin can with bossy chad roommates for months on end?
>>
>>56662835
Yeah your right... I wanma make minimum wage at a McDicks. Stay mad
>>
>>56662975
Depends on your ship. Sometimes you go up to the artic sometimes you fo across the pond.
>>
Emigrating to Canada is waaay harder then the US over very little benefits.

Why the fuck do they make it so hard for normal people while snackbars get a free pass?
>>
>>56649350
Learn autocad then?

I use to be a java programmer after graduating from uni but there weren't many java jobs, so I spent 6 months learning c++ while i was unemployed and now im making pretty good money.

Look for what's in demand, and try to adjust to it.
>>
>>56663245
cause snackbars work for cheaper you pillock
>>
>>56659070
it's never too late man, just fucking do it
>>
File: 1438035826997.png (1 MB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1438035826997.png
1 MB, 919x720
I'm a medical records clerk.
The work is boring as fuck and repetitive and I wish I could amount to more than literally pushing paper around an office and storage room.
I daydream all the time about guns, shitposting and what I'd do if I won the lottery and didn't have to work a job I hate.
>>
>>56663027
I find it funny that conservatives wanna spend more on military when they don't realise canadas military is just a giant ditch digging program. Ah well fuck it man, scam the system, long as you know thats what your doing
>>
>>56663497
How do you know I wouldent for a chance of easy permanent residency?
> ;^)
>>
>>56649350
Marine engineering.
Not actually designing boats but sailing around keeping it running.
>>
OP's situation is my nightmare right now. Graduating with a civil engineering degree and there is shit all for jobs right now.
>>
>>56649350
>everyone uses Autocad and I'm solidworks.

How did that happen? And why didn't you learn autocad in the 1.5 years you had?
>>
>>56663245
Isnt it ez because commwealth? I thought we let in all britkeks. Now that i think about it, I did need an Australian visa for shitposting school tho.
>>
>>56649350
Have more then 2 years of experience in programming.

Doing my engineer degree in software.

I get paid only in my internship, I don't have any loan and I'm able to do a living. I'm a poorfag for now.... but watch me later man...

There is ALWAYS job for good programmers.
>>
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 800x1861) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 800x1861
>>56650502
I'm planning on going out for the reserves myself. I don't think I could handle being full time though. Godspeed bro, if everything goes to total shit I'll be right there removing kebab with you
>>
Unemployed millwright apprentice. Nova Scotia sucks as much as everyone thinks. Trying to get some bullshit job to save cash and go west
>>
>>56663634
if you're white, get outta sight, you won't work for anything slight
>>
File: 1353085491012.png (354 KB, 966x821) Image search: [Google]
1353085491012.png
354 KB, 966x821
>>56662756
>>
i've never had a job before and im in my first year in college for electrical engineering, what should i do?
>>
>>56663721
Commonwealth means fuck all.
>>
>>56663245
Temporary foreign workers are included in the immigration statistics, last week we shipped back 50K shitskins and are bringing in a fresh batch in January.

We need people to take the shitty jobs.
>>
>>56664060
oh and no retail place will hire me cause no job experience
>>
>>56654503
America has got it right.

I basically spent 3 years shitposting on 4chan after high school while I lived with my parents. Literally did nothing useful. Started teaching myself programming when I was 21.

Six months later, I started applying to programming jobs. Claimed 4 years of experience + community college classes. Fake phone numbers for references. I got an interview in 11 days (with ~40 applications a day) and passed with flying colors.

Now I'm at my second real programming job after working at the last place for 18 months. I make $84,000/year. When I switch companies in another year or two I won't even have to lie about my experience.

Easiest way to get ahead is to lie, anon.
>>
File: 1427353543800.jpg (104 KB, 1280x843) Image search: [Google]
1427353543800.jpg
104 KB, 1280x843
>was going for EE
>hard and I hate liberals and foreigner s
>scam into AB labour union
>oil market dies

Was planning on just busting my ass with a trade. And I hate office jobs.
I don't know wtf to do at this point bros
>>
>>56654576
My nigga. I worked up in Alberta for a few months. Canadian oilfield is actually even shittier than American oilfield, congrats.
>>
>>56649350
>telecom, pretty gud 90k/year
>>
File: 1447715526025.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
1447715526025.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>see all these wagekeks joining the army and doing stupid jobs
>tfw neet and comfy
>>
>>56664192
I looked at the easiest way to get permanent residency and that was via PNP to Alberta or some other province and that would still take 2 plus years.

While I can go ahead and sign up to join the armed forces for the US and get a green card in 1 year and have moderate fun doing it.
>>
>>56663525

do you just organize paper ?
>>
>>56663684
Civil side or with the armed forces? And how did you get in?

>>56663692
Mechanical design of products and assemblies use parametric 3d modeling like solidworks, revit, catia or NX. So they taught us solidworks. But building systems design, millwork and other shit dealing with structures use 2d autocad layouts. It's not specifically mechanical engineering work, but something that we can do.

I tried to learn the fucking thing, it's designed by retarded americans and the interface is shit. I learned how to do basic things in autocad 2014 and went to an interview that used 2008, it was completely different and I failed the incredibly easy test pretty hard.

Parents keep telling me to take an autocad course; I might do it, but building management is something I have zero interest in.
>>
>>56664520
I'm gonna be a neet again soon, once I've saved enough to retire. Shouldn't be more than another 5 years at this rate. I already own a little lodge by a lake. Even has high speed internet. Property tax is $800/year.

Can't wait to return to that life, desu. Neet life is comfy as fuck. I just hope Amazon delivers to my little neet-shack.
>>
>>56649350
>Even CAD tech work is out of my reach because everyone uses Autocad and I'm solidworks.

Why don't you learn Solidworks?
>>
>>56653513
>helping to sell Canada out to the chinks
Enjoy your 30 pieces of silver
>>
How hard is it to become a welder in Ontario?

Can anyone recommend me any good schools for that, and which ones to stay away from?

My main concern is getting my certifications, I don't see a point in taking a course if it means jack shit without them.
>>
>>56664604
It's a big part of it. Assembling a patient's chart by category in date order, in my hospital some of these people are in for decades so they can accumulate thousands of pages of medical charting and when they die or get sent somewhere else all that shit needs to be put in order.

It's mostly office clerk shit, knowing how the database works and dealing with release of information.
I get $26/hour for my troubles, only a part time gig though
>>
>>56664168
Not really. If your grandparents were born in britbongistan, you can get a britbong citizenship easily.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 302x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 302x368
>>56649350
I manage a pizza place like 5 minutes from where I live with my parents, been there since I was 17, Get paid about 14 an hour but easily eat 10-15$ worth of free food in a shift. It's a fairly thankless job but I realize I'm just a cog in the machine and I really can't complain since if it's slow I can just sit around and play on my phone all night. I don't have many expenses since I still live with my folks (20 btw).. Idk life's pretty good, gonna look for a management position at a different hopefully more upscale place next spring and see where that takes me.
>>
>>56665061
I thought they were digitizing all that shit so they could sell it to private corporations under the table.
>>
Britkek living in Toronto here. Currently work for a software company doing bugger all.
>>
noice anglo-vibes in here
>>
>>56665203
Depends on the hospital, they all get different levels of funding depending on the type of care offered. We only went semi digital last year, but there's still a lot of stuff documented on paper.
I feel like I'd enjoy a trade more, I work mostly with a few histrionic women in their 40's so I don't have any common ground.
>>
any Software Engineers here ? Is it possible to survive as an independent programmer / engineer without welfare ?

What options are there except wagecu.ck ? I dont want to spend 20 years of my life writing some software for someone else.
>>
>>56652163
you're going to be really popular at st. jean I bet
>>
>>56665673
You can be a wagekek for a few years, make bank, then retire in a rural area for <$10,000/year. Even if you only work 4 years and save $250,000, you can live off that for 25+ years, and by then, I'm sure our keked political leaders will have passed some kind of basic income.
>>
>>56649350
You suck.
>>
WHO /QUEENS U/ HERE?
>>
File: universityofwaterloo.png (397 KB, 1175x882) Image search: [Google]
universityofwaterloo.png
397 KB, 1175x882
>>56655219
>Systems engineer here. I did co-op at University of Waterloo

>>56655737
>I went to waterloo as well

Gooks detected. Pic related
>>
File: 1446755718158.png (145 KB, 702x397) Image search: [Google]
1446755718158.png
145 KB, 702x397
Any /artist/ here or is it all stemfags?
>>
>>56666196
>Any /artist/ here

fuck off OCADU fag, your school is literally the antithesis of /pol/
>>
>>56665949
I fucking wish, slacked off so much in high school that I had to repeat courses to bring my GPA up. Ended up at ryerson. A handful of the top people in my school went to queens.
>>
>>56665949
fuck off you pretentious cunts. I am from YorkU and I went to your homecoming and everyone treated me like shit because my daddy wouldnt pay for a gender studies degree and live on residence, I had to get all that shit myself.
>>
>ITT: keks who fell for the "aim for what you love" meme
>>
>>56665835
If I wanted to be a wagekek to retire early I'd join the military. A couple years and you are set for life. I could do any job for the government but my conservative parents would hate my guts for getting any other job for the government.

They hate how teachers , accountants and pretty much anyone working an easy job for the government is set for life after they retire , while actual hard workers like farmers have to work their ass off until they are fucking 75 and still cant make enough to survive.

I got into programming for the creative freedom you get while writing your own programs , not to write someone elses code for 20 bucks an hour.
>>
>>56665678
Yeah, because recognizing that being on time and following instructions is necessary of any job makes me an asshole.
>>
>>56666339
>slacked off so much in high school that I had to repeat courses to bring my GPA up. Ended up at ryerson

Why didn't you just re-do your shit man?

You could've gotten in with a 90 average easily, for social meme sciences all you need is like English + 5 bird courses.

Ryerson is worthless. You might as well have learned a trade or something, at least you'd spend less money.

>>56666352
>fuck off you pretentious cunts. I am from YorkU and I went to your homecoming and everyone treated me like shit

Hahahaha. That's what you get, YorkU is the shittiest school. Full of feminists and everyone there studies gender studies, nigger studies, psychology or some other social memescience

>because my daddy wouldnt pay for a gender studies degree

Are we still talking about Queens here? That sounds a lot like York. Nice rankings bro
>>
>>56665949
reminder that everyone east of Manitoba should kill themselves.

On that note
Who
/SFU/ HERE
>>
>>56657026
Oh God you're a Muslim aren't you...
>>
>>56649350
I'm a system administrator / dev (because now a days you have to be both). The market is pretty good (making 90k/yr in mtl) you should look into it.
>>
>>56666630
Didn't you read, I said I repeated courses. Ryerson is the only university that takes repeat course grades.

Also I did engineering, no one gives a shit where you got your degree. I know medscool people are stuck up assholes though.
>>
>>56666352
But yeah good job saving money on your schooling man.

But you also happened to save a lot on your networking with alumni, your job prospects, your University experience, your education and the value of your degree.

>Goes to literal SJW commuter meme school that has one of the worst reputations of any schools in Canada
>Wonders why he's still a NEET when he graduates

Ps have you gotten raped/robbed by nigs from Jane and Finch yet? Or is that next semester
>>
>>56655803
>All the Jobs in Canada are mostly in Vancouver.

Hah! Our "jobs" are minimum wage work
amongst third worlders. Good luck getting a networking job without great social connections(that is how I managed to get
hired.)
>>
>>56658596
Wow thanks for posting. You're so nice.

Fuck off cunt. You don't know his situation.
>>
>>56667013
>I said I repeated courses. Ryerson is the only university that takes repeat course grades.

Pretty sure a lot of them don't care, I know UWaterloo just looks at it poorly and takes over some percent off your average though but none else that I've heard about.

I know Western for sure doesn't, according to their Admissions page anyway.
>>
File: 0f1.jpg (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0f1.jpg
32 KB, 600x600
>>56666873
Maybe.

It's not like people here think, they don't just give you a job for being a minority when 50% of the people are minorities.
>>
Who /McGill/ here?
>>
>>56660292
>>56660292
What courses did you take? can you do it from home or is it classroom learning.

Is it the CIP course?

Thanks friend
>>
File: UofT students.jpg (399 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
UofT students.jpg
399 KB, 1440x1080
>>56667013
Western admissons page:

>If a course has been taken more than once, the highest reported successful grade in the course will be used in the calculation of your admission average.

Queens U on repeated courses:
>Ontario universities support the full disclosure of all marks achieved in all attempts at a secondary school course. At Queen’s, all programs will use the most recent grade achieved in calculating the admission average.

Etc etc. As far as I know all of them accept it EXCEPT for Waterloo in which case they'll scrutinize it and deduct some percent off your calculated average.
>>
>>56649350
i went to trade school for a plumbing pre-apprenticeship (ontariofag) but no one is hiring here. most if not all companies hire by referral only, so its a tough trade to break into. i work currently in a restaurant, and i got an interview to be a personal trainer. I just need a job with decent $$$ so i can pursue music seriously. gonna be moving to calgary summer 2016
>>
>>56652855
are you actually from thailand? im half thai
>>
>>56653391
my buddy actually offered me a job there installing lifts for seniors in hospitals and old people homes, 60k a year starting salary no experience required. will take it up if calgary is a crap shoot
>>
File: laughing construction workers.jpg (33 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
laughing construction workers.jpg
33 KB, 600x373
>>56667733
>i went to trade school for a plumbing pre-apprenticeship

You poor soul...

>He actually fell for the trades meme

Oh this thread is rich. Oh man my sides hurt
>>
>>56667703
This must be a new development. When I was applying in 2007 I think it was, waterloo, UofT, mcmaster etc clearly said they wouldn't consider repeat grades. My average wasn't that great either, it was like 84 or something.
>>
>>56658476
Even refugees have internet
>>
Retail optimization for a series of Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore locations.

I don't do even do anything, I don't understand why I even exist.
>>
>>56667979
yeah i know. should have gone to medical, or became a cop so i can kill nigs. im 23 so im young enough to go back to school but man im so apathetic to it right now the job markets so bad
>>
>>56668030
I applied in 2008, some of the schools accepted repeat grades.

I didn't look into it because my program didn't have prerequisites so it could be a program specific thing.
>>
>>56668030
>This must be a new development.

Must be. Although to be totally honest I'm a little skeptical as to whether or not they do actually look at your average indiscriminately. Wouldn't be surprised if they secretly declined some applications because they had an inflated average due to repeated courses.

Although I'm not sure they'd do that. Since (at least in Ontario) some rich fags take Private Highschool classes to "buy" high 90's averages. And they accept them... Oh well I guess they figure since you're paying money it's fine, and if you really are dumb you'll just drop out anyway.

84 isn't bad though, if you happened to have some ExtraCurriculars done you could've gotten into (potentially) Queen's.
>>
>>56666278
Don't go to ocad, though I won't deny that fine art students are fucked up.
>>
>>56668527
You don't need a degree and debt to paint paintings. You just need skill, since you won't be employed anytime soon.

I don't get why people mix up hobbies with Careers. Art and music is cool and all but you know you can do that after your day job right?
>>
Pharmacist. It's truly hell and you get apid 25% less if you work in Vancouver because of over saturation.
>>
>>56668505
84 with your 11s counted in gets you maybe into Queens. But if you get in and your final average is 84 you get in.

The entire trick to Ontario universities is to crush grade 11, get a bullshit high average with your semester one grades, get early acceptance then they give you a letter saying as long as your final average is 80 you're in. Then you just coast. I was a lazy piece of shit grade 12 because grade 12 is pointless.
>>
>>56667482
yeah it's the CIP - I took a tech college course over two years that got me 7 classes. I took the remaining 3 while working and got my CIP a year after that. On the fence about when to go for an FCIP because the CIP means fuck all in terms of knowledge. All it is to me is some job security.

My biggest suggestion is to do all the courses by virtual/online as it is easy as fuck to get the marks.. You can thank me later.
>>
>>56669031
Thanks.

So you got the CIP designation and then applied to insurance companies? Then they put you in claims?

There are certain branches you can go into - broker, underwriting etc. Which one would get you into the back room/working in the field? Sorry I can't remember all the stuff you can take. It's been a while since I looked.
>>
File: meme code.jpg (69 KB, 694x670) Image search: [Google]
meme code.jpg
69 KB, 694x670
>>56668800
Eh grade 12 isn't hard to get 90 average in tbqh.

For some programs it's literally English 12U + 5 U/M courses. So you can just pick a bunch of easy as fuck courses where you just write how you feel and such. Challenge and Change, stuff like that(don't remember what else).

And really if you're considering leaving Canada soon like me, going to a low-mid tier uni like Guelph, York, Laurier, Trent, Brock, etc I wouldn't bother.
No one outside of Canada even knows those Universities, and even in Canada they're not well-regarded.

Now Queen's, UofT(st.george campus but all are good), UWO, Waterloo, UBC are internationally well-regarded and respected.
>>
File: 1437856932982.jpg (278 KB, 850x1595) Image search: [Google]
1437856932982.jpg
278 KB, 850x1595
>>56668640
There are plenty of jobs in the arts, people just think of art as weird performance shit that makes no sense but actual 'fine art' has evolved into a profession that has applications in pretty much every entertainment industry (film, games, print, editorial, ect) and advertising outside of more specialized careers. Speaking as someone who is now studying for my second degree (design) after studying compsci in university, the workload is much larger and the program is far more rigorous compared to what I took in university. It is completely different than what normal art school students do which is random stuff. Plus I'd rather make a living drawing cute anime girls than being an engineer, which more than half of my friends are.
>>
>>56668706
>drug dealers in Vancouver driving down wages
>>
>>56669288
Nobody has heard of UWO and Waterloo outside of Canada.

I lived abroad all my life and the universities that people know are McGill, UoT, Queens (mostly), and UBC
>>
>>56649350
I'm on minimum welfare. Barely have enough to survive
>>
>>56669492
Depends on your field. I think Waterloo is one of the best undergrad schools for Computer Science.
>>
>>56669400
But fine arts people don't actually draw anything. They spend all their time criticizing other peoples art.
>>
>>56669492
>Nobody has heard of UWO and Waterloo outside of Canada

Yes they have. UWO I somewhat agree, it's not exceptionally well-regarded but was worth mentioning, especially for Medsci it's good.

And Waterloo is like top 30 Universities for Math and Computer science(can't remember exact spots). It is VERY well known especially in the US, clearly evident by their co-op placements being primarily there.

By "people hearing of", I don't mean regular faggots on the street, I mean employers.

>>56669400
>Plus I'd rather make a living drawing cute anime girls than being an engineer

Why would anyone pay for this?
>>
>>56669288
ayyy I got a 98 in challenge and change in society like 8 years ago

Also your undergrad really doesn't matter, I guess if you're planning on leaving you'd want a reputation but otherwise nah. They're really all the same except specific programs at specific schools, now your graduate you have to be picky but when I graduated the job market was good so I didn't bother with that. If I was graduating now I'd say fuck that and get a grad degree, any degree just so I can wait 2 years and maybe have more negotiating power.
>>
>>56669788
>Also your undergrad really doesn't matter, I guess if you're planning on leaving you'd want a reputation but otherwise nah
>They're really all the same except specific programs at specific schools

That's the point though, my senpai.

Reputation and alumni base is worth significantly more than whatever you learn in University.
Queen's for example is amazing for networking with alumni, which translates into jobs.

Something like York is a literal meme commuter school which has no successful alumni, is considered to be dangerous as fuck because of niggers. Sure you might save $10k/yr or whatever living with your parents but that amount is insignificant once you get an actual job or even a co-op to pay it all off.
>>
>>56669601
Fine arts for the most part is shit.

>>56669785
I don't get what you are asking, are you implying people dont pay for art or something?
>>
>>56669175
not quite - I was working in insurance with 7 classes and then got my CIP within a year. I'm into my second year and I bounced around underwriting, auto claims and now property claims where I plan to stay.

It really depends what you're looking for. I found underwriting to be boring as fuck (granted I have a slight interest in commercial property U/W) but generally stress free. Claims is stressful but never a dull day. Broker is a crapshoot simply because if you're not taking a cut on the book of business you're making fuck all. Broker has potential for the best pay but requires far more time investment to get there. And coming from the claims perspective I am sometimes burnt knowing there are some completely brainless fucks making way more than I can imagine despite hardly doing any service for the clients (other than bitching when a coverage decision doesn't go the customers way and they get the heat put on them). There's a reason why so many former sports stars become insurance brokers.

Independent adjusting is another option but as an in house adjuster for a company I find their quality of work does not come close to what we pay those autists.
>>
>>56667054
I went to yorkU to get my undergraduate degree in biochemistry then I got accepted into UofT med school because York was easy as shit. All my friends who went to UofT, Western, or Queens never made it into med school because they were either drinking all day or too stupid to keep up with the material.
>>
Living on autism bux until I finish school.
>>
Work at Costco and go to uni for Psychology (i know I should kill self) I have no idea what I'm doing or what I want to do. All psych related jobs require masters degree minimum and I want to get the fuck out of school asap, sick of this shit. Thinking of just getting degree and trying to get into some management training scam and work my way up to like 60K in some shit office job.
>>
>>56670080
Nah I disagree, alumni base for Canadian schools doesn't matter. We don't have sports or anything that really binds us to our particular schools. Having a better reputation doesn't mean much if you're taking your shitty generic BA/BSc into the job market either.

I haven't ever been in a position where I met somebody from my school and we shared any sort of bond over our particular schools even with potential employers or people I have to be in meetings with at work, it was like oh that's neat.

In my experiences nobody cares. I'd go to whatever school is paying out the most free money for undergrad and worry about that shit for graduate school.
>>
>>56670211
Thanks again.

Do you work for a government run company or private? I'll have to do some more research.

I'm not quite interested in being a broker due to it being commission based. I've been there and done that. It's not for me.

Just need a job where I feel I matter every day.
>>
>>56670276
>I went to yorkU to get my undergraduate degree in biochemistry then I got accepted into UofT med school because York was easy as shit
>because they were either drinking all day or too stupid to keep up with the material

That's anecdotal though. Sure it worked out for you because you're smart and your friends were dumb, but I think it's undeniable how much more of an advantage with job prospects you have graduating an actual school vs York. If you're just going to go into medschool then it's fine but most stay with just undergrad so that's where it matters.

In my case I was considering going back to school for my MBA but I don't even want to bother that much. I'll probably go to some meme country for my MBA since studying in Switzerland is actually significantly cheaper I'm pretty sure.

What was your MCAT score btw?
>>
>>56670410
>Thinking of just getting degree and trying to get into some management training scam and work my way up to like 60K in some shit office job.

Follow in my footsteps youngin' I have a company car and I can write basically my entire existence off in taxes.
>>
>>56670653
What job do you do?
>>
>>56670761

>>56668054
>>
File: 1444024428763.png (209 KB, 953x780) Image search: [Google]
1444024428763.png
209 KB, 953x780
>>56649350
I make $26 an hour working in a Casino.
It's interesting and fun for now but not what I want to do forever, it's helping me achieve my goals for school. I want to do Power Engineering since its pretty efficient for cost of school/time/money earned afterwards ratio.
>>
>>56670565
>I haven't ever been in a position where I met somebody from my school and we shared any sort of bond over our particular schools even with potential employers or people I have to be in meetings with at work, it was like oh that's neat

Well what school did you go to? It's not like someone says "Oh you went to ____? Fuck the interview man just come aboard!".

It helps significantly for co-op, workstudy, etc. You also were suppose to network with peers and alumni, which I hope you did.
>>
>>56670595
doesn't really matter if you're govt or not. Pay & benefits are generally the same across the board
>>
>>56670946
>Well what school did you go to?
Ryerson

>You also were suppose to network with peers and alumni, which I hope you did.
Nah fuck those morons, they can go to hell. I commuted 3 years and graduated with exactly 0 friends.
>>
>>56670870
Do power engineer. A guy I know plays clash of clans all day and rarely has to fix anything for the plant he works for.

Makes about 80k per year but then he adds on tons of over time so he is clearing 100k easy. Kind of fucking amazing pay for a 2 year diploma.
>>
>>56671230
I was enthusiastic about it until LE WEED MAN got into office. I'm just not sure what he wants to do pipeline wise
>>
>>56671189
>Ryerson
>Nah fuck those morons, they can go to hell. I commuted 3 years and graduated with exactly 0 friends.

That's fucking why in your experience "no one cares". That's exactly my point.

Lowest ranked school, bunch of retards and SJWs, accepts people with averages in the 60's, no notable alumni at all, IT USED TO BE A COLLEGE, super easy, hasn't even offered engineering for longer than a few years.

Now if you went to Queen's you would see the difference it makes. Because everyone is white, smart and actually going to become successful.
>>
>>56670410
One thing I'll say though is that I could just work at Costco my whole life and be pretty comfy if I wanted. All the employees get paid well after like 5 years working there. Even the fucking people that push carts get paid 55K a year if you can believe it.

I just couldn't wake up every morning knowing that working at Costco is what I'm doing with my life.
>>
>>56671384
I really doubt this considering the remarkable amount of success I've had in just 3 years with my retard sjw degree. I'm sure somebody with a Queens or U of T degree was passed over when I've gotten my promotions.
>>
>>56671107
Did you have a university degree or a diploma before you got into insurance?

Do they look for people with degrees/diplomas as well as the CIP or is the CIP itself enough.
>>
>>56671599
>I'm sure somebody with a Queens or U of T degree was passed over when I've gotten my promotions

Of course it's not the end-all, and you can obviously be successful as a Ryerson or York grad if you're hardworking, hell you could easily become successful without a degree at all. But if you were equally hardworking at Queen's or UofT you would have even more success.

Also sounds like you didn't have a very good time in University, which is unfortunate because it could've gone much better if you went to a more tightly-knit school.
>>
>>56671656
just my shitty business insurance diploma. A degree does help in obtaining a FCIP but the institute has started a work around for that.
>>
I'm in the last year of a physics program at UBC, I don't know what I want to do after I graduate. I want a job where I contribute to the well being of society, and from what I've seen of academia, I'm not sure if it does. I'm a bit jealous of blue-collar workers. If you work in forestry or farming or oil, at least you know your labor is useful.

What volunteer work is actually constructive and not just a feel-good indulgence or resume padding? I feel like a leach on society.
>>
>>56671806
I wouldn't enjoy myself at any university, its not my scene all I wanted was to finish my 4 years and get out of there.
>>
>>56671858
Many thanks man. I've been pondering a career in insurance for a while. It's in my top 3.

Have a nice life.
>>
I've been thinking about becoming a cop. I feel like I would actually feel proud of my job and not completely hate going to it everyday. However I know being a cop could be dangerous and be really shit hours/ take a psychological toll on you. I'm leaning away from it right now.
>>
>>56671984
>I wouldn't enjoy myself at any university, its not my scene all I wanted was to finish my 4 years and get out of there

That's too bad. Glad to hear you're happy and it worked out for you though.

But Queen's really is something else, much better than being next to a bunch of worthless shitskins and gooks.
>>
>>56672110
>However I know being a cop could be dangerous and be really shit hours/ take a psychological toll on you

In Canada?

It's one of the easiest jobs here, very limited violent crime, almost no violence against cops, well paid/good benefits.
>>
How's the job market for teachers? It's what I want to do, getting a bachelor of arts in geography (too dumb for more math intensive degree) and bach of education afterwards so I can educate/redpill today's youth
>>
>>56672276
>How's the job market for teachers?
Where do you live?
>>
>>56672220
Yeah I know theres a lot less guns here. But still I know it's a lot more dangerous than an office job. My friends dad was a cop and got killed.
>>
>>56672361
Winnipeg, open to moving though
>>
>>56672276

Utter shit in most areas. There's some push for male teachers but no one wants to risk teaching in public school due to false rape accusations.
>>
>>56672220
I've always wanted to be a cop, seems like it would be a lot more interesting than the average 9-5
>>
>>56672276
>How's the job market for teachers

Getting paid wayyyy too much.

Nigga you people print out worksheets and give questions from a textbook and use an answer key to teach retarded shit. Fuck are they always going on strike for?

>>56672364
>>56672506
Go for it, it's pretty well paid(there's several thousand policeofficers making over $100k in Toronto) and it's not anywhere near as dangerous as pretty much every other country, including the US.
>>
>>56672432
The only places that need teachers are rural shit holes that nobody wants to move to.

If you're into that sort of thing go for it. But too many education students graduate and the only places that need them are places they have no interest in moving to.
>>
>>56672506
50% of the jobs is babysitting adults
40% is paperwork about babysitting adults
5% is standard office bullshit
3% is going to court to explain why said adults required babysitting
2% is hell.
>>
>>56672437
Certified teachers in Canada (BC and AB specifically, but not that important) were like the cream of the crop in international schools, I know several people who have gone to Asia (Hong Kong/ Singapore ect) or Europe to teach in private international schools.
>>
>>56668030
shit must have changed, because I got into UofT with only a 78 average.
>>56669288
UofT maybe well regard as a research facility, but they don't give a fuck about their undergrad
>>
How am I going to get a job when I'm socially retarded?
>>
>>56672897
computers
>>
>>56649350
r u me

>Graduated chemical engineering last year
>During the oil crash
>No interviews at all
>Fast forward to now
>Still no engineering job
>Come to terms with the fact I may never be an engineer
>>
File: 1428031069590.png (160 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
1428031069590.png
160 KB, 450x400
>>56666161
>tfw white and systems engineer
>tfw cute asian systems engineer gf
>>
>>56672897
Semi driver. (Not that semi drivers are socially Regarted. Just a job with lots of alone time and music!! Maybe a cat!)
>>
>>56672876
>UofT maybe well regard as a research facility, but they don't give a fuck about their undergrad

Not sure about that but UofT is one of the only universities pretty much everyone in other countries knows.

>>56672897
>How am I going to get a job when I'm socially retarded?

Learn to not be socially retarded?

Start interacting with people and read a book on social cues or something. You're not going to fix your problem by posting on 4chan all day.
>>
>>56661849
Step one is getting the fuck out of Vancouver.

It's 2015, you don't honestly live in a city do you?
>>
>>56661849
>>28
>>no job
>>minimum wage experience
>>no degrees

Jesus. Since when did /pol/ get this degenerate?

You guys are literally /r9k/ incarnate, just slightly edgier...
>>
>>56672220
Good lucky passing the polygraph tho
>>
>>56673741
>Polygraph
Forgot about that. What do they ask you?
>>
>>56672876
Got into engineering? Or some gender studies program?

I should specify that no repeat grades are for the engineering faculty.
>>
is it true in canada that sikhs are viewed as unhygenic and obnoxious?
>>
>>56674203
No. Memes aside, Sikhs are alright. Apparently there are Sikh gangs in Vancouver now which is pretty fucked.
>>
>>56673970
Standard questions. Basically verify your application and background check, any criminal past, or drug use.

Even if you have such things it isn't that much a of a deal, honesty is the big thing. Though you'll want at least 1-2 year gap for minor drug use, 5 year for hard stuff. Gambling problems will tank you.
>>
>>56649350
Aero engineering after arriving from Europe. Got a job within two months but already looking to get out and into finance. Christ, your economy here is tanked - I'm earning $25,000 less than back in Europe.

I won't even go into your university system here. Utterly fucked.
>>
>>56674069
nope, was going for engineering through out my high school year, but then realize I hate it after taking calculus in grade 12. Never have a problem with mathematics before, but taking calculus grind my shit, and I just give up after half way through it.

So instead I went for a life science degree, but not those gender studies bullshit, even though I'm taking a few of those courses.
>>
>>56674648
>life science

Oh jesus christ, at least a gender studies degree leads to some bullshit job in academia or governmental policy. Life sciences doesn't lead to anything.
>>
>>56674632
>Christ, your economy here is tanked - I'm earning $25,000 less than back in Europe

What country?

Any suggestions on where to move with a Finance degree?
>>
>>56674648
>life science degree
I wouldn't hire a life science graduate, you're on par with ethnics for me.

>>56674893
UK. You need to move to Montreal or Toronto for finance, in particular the latter. I'm working my way around to the CSC (although I doubt this will be needed) and the PMP. A lot of my friends who work downtown in finance simply started working there on an internship and no outstanding grades or university. They are simply easy-to-get-along-with people, and that's the key. Live downtown, go drink with them and meet their friends of friends.

A home country visa and I'm still treated on par with the chinks. Fuck your successive liberal governments. Yes, I am completely bitter about it.
>>
>>56674369
Ah well that's not so bad I don't do any of that stuff. Thanks.
>>
>>56665120
Canadian with British citizenship by descent. My father was born & raised in Britain. All I had to do was send in an application for a U.K passport (required my Canadian passport, some other shit, and ~140 british pounds when I did it.
>>
>>56674854
dude the Psychology Program for UofT is one of the best in the world. And if you got into the specialist co-op program, you have a pretty good chance in securing employment since it pretty tough to get in the co-op program
>>
>>56675140
>You need to move to Montreal or Toronto for finance, in particular the latter

I know but I don't want to work in the Toronto office of a meme bank.

I'm tired of Canada and its shitty rules, taxes and people and I want to move to another country.

Should I just start applying to UBS and shit like that?
>>
>>56674368

The stupid kids emulate glorified nigger/rap/drug culture.
>>
>>56649350
Plenty of jobs in America. Sucks to be you, maple nigger. Enjoy your free healthcare and feminism.
>>
>>56675309
>Should I just start applying to UBS and shit like that?
Just get the fuck outta here, get to a private bank in the US or Frankfurt and work for the Jews.

Your internship will be key. Do not settle for anything but the best.
>>
>>56675309
>I want to move to another country
I might add that moving to another country [legally] as a professional is absolute hassle. Endless stacks of papers, deadlines and money for at least three years.
>>
>>56675408
>Just get the fuck outta here, get to a private bank in the US or Frankfurt and work for the Jews

>Tfw have dual-citizenship in Israel

Will the kikes accept me back?
>>
>>56675372
Yeah it's all shitty teenagers.
>>
>>56653064
Fuck off, we're full. I kick the shit out of canadians when i run across them.
>>
>>56675604
I'll kick the shit out of myself for you, America-kun.
>>
>>56650502
HOLY FUCK NO.
>>56663991
>>56655499
>>56655499
Don't join the CF. Everyone who gave a fuck left and the people that are still on contract that don't want to be make it suck. Because for one the military is broke as fuck and two moral is non-existant
>The day after the Afghanistan mission ended my regiments budget got cut by 57%
>Government bought MLVW's
>They are highway trucks and can't off-road at all
>Our LAVs are all fucking broken
>M113's are all rusting away or scrapped
>Leo's are even more fucked
Avoid the military like the fucking plague.
>>
>>56676004
>Because for one the military is broke as fuck and two moral is non-existant

Hahahaha.

I talked to a recruiter once and asked them if they were having financial issues because I read about it in the news and they got visibly upset.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.