[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #824: It's Learning! Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last thread
>>47127709
>>
>>47139980
My god...
..that was quick.
>>
>>47139407
As if I would ever reveal my secret plan to gather enough CP to buy the Divine Lion option in Narnia.

Wait.

Shit.

>>47139678
Changed the first two. Not sure how I missed that.

I am not educated in such matters, but I've been led to believe the whole enough after X instead of before thing is common in "literary"/old english, which seemed fitting considering the relevant item. I'll change it if it's just wrong or falls flat though.

I'll clarify the other two points about the armor, and yes. Nerve and Mind are different things in the game.

I am seriously glad I decided to be cheeky and post this because goddamn that's some big stuff I overlooked.
>>
File: ASOIAF 1.63.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
ASOIAF 1.63.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Reposting as it was posted towards the end of last thread and I figure it'll otherwise be missed.

Update with expanded items section.
>>
>>47140062
>Buy Divine Lion
Not Sea of Chaos?
>>
So, looking for a consensus here, would people be fine with me posting the Overlord jump to the 'upload new jumps here to be sorted' drive?
>>
>>47140073
Hey ccdt, can I just say that you're my favourite jump maker. Can I also ask for a full list of jumps you've done? I don't want to miss any.
>>
>>47140236
Go for it.
>>
Who wrote the Sword and Sorcery Jump and what else have they done? Because it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>47140271
That's WormAnon, writer of... Worm. Also some other shit.
>>
>>47140236
Sure.
Though if you could raise the CP limit too, that'd be great too, you friggin CP vampire.
>>
Does Pause from Tropico allow you to use any powers that don't require you moving while you're paused?
>>
>>47140073

Seems decent. One question I've had for a while though, isn't the ability that lets people animate their own shadow for use in assassination supposed to drain literally years of life from the people that do it? I seem to recall that being the case. Are you just an exception cause you bought it with CP or what?
>>
What are the best gun-fu perks?
>>
>>47140335

'A Funny Thing Happened' from the MCU jump, Operative background, specifically mentions being able to gun-fu people using that exact wording.
>>
>>47140335
The Art of Yun-Woo from Wuxia.
>>
>>47140246
Well isn't that nice. Sort of post that makes me think my mom has learnt to use the internet and is trying to boost my self esteem. Or that I'm much more intoxicated than I thought and I'm pretty shamelessly samefagging but can't remember it.

My jumps are:

Adventure Time
Age of Mythology
Archer
A Song of Ice and Fire
Bioshock Infinite
DC
Divinity Dragon Commander
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Futurama
Horror Movies
Harry Potter
Mount and Blade
Muppet Treasure Island
Nightmare Before Christmas
Rick and Morty
Sitcoms
both Elder Scrolls
Venture Bros
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

>>47140332
Nope. We never see it taking years off the people casting it.

>>47140236
More polished than a lot of stuff up there. Still think maybe there should be some Level 100 examples for origins other than Magic Caster though.
>>
>>47140335
Shadowrun has Mystical Adept, you can do some John Wu stuff and sling spells.
>>
>>47129309
Would the toggle perk from Young Justice be able to remove the drawback of the Unified Focus perk by turning off the linking whenever your magic or physical strength is stymied?
>>
>>47140335
Operator from Magical Girl Noir
John Woo Shit from GTA
Ambidexterity and Commando from 80s Action Movies
Kind of a Badass and Moves Like Monty from Project Freelancer
High-Flying Sharpshooting Act from Dr. McNinja
Hero of Skill from Fable
I Know Gun-Fu from Half Life

Just stack all of this shit together, it should do something.

I think there's a perk somewhere that let's you make your own martial art. You could make a literal Gun-Fu
>>
>>47140837
>I think there's a perk somewhere that let's you make your own martial art
You don't need a perk to do that.
>>
>>47140790

Since that is a super-power and not magic or a physical ability I would say that yes you could do that. You wouldn't benefit from the ability while it was turned off though, no turning off just the weakness and leaving the good bits.
>>
File: gnome sayin.jpg (111 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
gnome sayin.jpg
111 KB, 625x468
>>47140856
Well, YEAH, I know that.

I just meant that I think there's a perk out there somewhere that let's you make one, and if it's perk-enforced, you could probably teach it to normal people, so long as it doesn't require anything truly supernatural.

Ya feel me?
>>
>>47140951
there's one in PS 238, but if you're going with your own custom thing it only goes up to what you see in kung fu hustle. There is also a less flexible one in X-Men cinematic universe.
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 765x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 765x1200
Animorph's 2hr time limit. Is this still active post-jump?
>>
>>47140236
The halfway Drop-in(but not really) thing is a bit awkward, but I don't really know how you'd do it differently.
Guess I'll just convince Momo-kun that I totally got sucked in from a different game. That actually sounds like a very entertaining, "act." Imma have fun with this.
>>
>>47140983
I think so, but it'd be pretty easy fix for a science!Jumper with access to an Escafil Device.
>>
>>47140983
It is, yes.
>>
>>47140983
It's a jump-fiat restriction, yes.
>>
>>47140073
I love when things get cheaper and I get CP rebates.

Torn between a pet Dire Wolf and another Valyrian Steel weapon...
>>
>>47140983
Yes, however it is the type of thing a lot of people probably house rule as gone post jump. Honestly it is not hard to find a way around it, with so many perks out there that could act as a way to get rid of the limit you may already have one without realizing it.
>>
>>47140607
a good number of your jumps are cornerstones of my Jumper. I wouldn't be the world-hopping man that I am if it wasn't for Futurama, Archer, Adventure Time, Venture Brothers, Rick and Morty, Mount and Blade, Muppet Treasure Island, Harry Potter and A Song of Ice And Fire.
>>
>>47140236
It seems good to me, yeah.

...Through I echo >>47140292
>>
>>47140073
>>Heraldry and Words
House Jumper: Look out Below.
Heraldry is a parted field, one half having four guys in green carrying fishing lines over their shoulders, the other a line of fence posts with stink lines coming off. It's good to have companions who understand your jokes when absolutely nobody else in the setting will.
>>
>>47141226
I don't get it.

I feel like I should be getting it, but I don't.
>>
>>47141013
>Guess I'll just convince Momo-kun that I totally got sucked in from a different game.

>"Yeah, ever hear of Sword Art Online? Not a great game, let me tell you. In a lot of ways, really."
>>
>>47141255
I think that's the point, it's explicitly an in joke
>>
File: WITHIN.gif (2 MB, 289x163) Image search: [Google]
WITHIN.gif
2 MB, 289x163
So /jc/, are you a vampire, werewolf or a mix of the two? What are your favorite places for either?

Pic unrelated, if only because I don't have a good pic featuring both.
>>
>>47140271
WormAnon, who in addition to Sword & Sorcery and his titular jump gave us both EVO: Search for Eden and the Sherlock Holmes jumps.
>>
Do we have a Shield Bro jump?
>>
>>47141296
Would assume it's something from our world, or a more modern one, but that makes more sense.
>>
>>47140983
It's a problem with the technology that grants the ability, not a restriction by the jump itself. The technology is just flawed in that way. In the books the jump is made off of, the main characters frequently have problems with and have to work around the time limit. One of them even gets trapped in a morph forever in the very first book.
So yeah it's still active.

But if you can spend a minute to shift back to normal form and back, that resets the time limit.
So it's more like you just have to take frequent breaks.
>>
>>47141312
not sure if if it counts but I'm pretty much the only jumper I am aware of who is explicitly sword and board
>>
File: cherrylizard.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
cherrylizard.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>47141300
I am neither.

On all levels including physical, I am a lizard.
>>
>>47141300
I'm not either (yet), but I am a monster.
>Favorite place
Hellsing for Vampires, obviously.
Don't know about Werewolves, though. Maybe Underworld? Those are pretty hardcore.

>dat gif
OUR DARK MASTERS HAVE AWAKENED!
Seriously, though, what is that? My chemistry-fu is shit.
>>
>>47141312
>>47141348
He is referring to the setting where the MC is the hero of the Shield. One of several heroes summoned to defeat a demon king.

No, I don't think we have one. Would be cool though.
>>
>>47141347
Honestly, the time limit's one of the few things that makes Animorphing not completely busted to shit.
>>
>>47141389
what kind of lizard is that? I've never seen that kind before it looks so adorable and clumsy with that neck pouch and can't into food
>>
>>47141296
No, it's explicitly a joke that a bunch of (frequently inbred) backwater medieval (at best) hicks won't understand. It's a pretty blatant 4chan reference with shitposting and baiting and so on.
And then there's the words, that are just a joke about Jumping (and also a joke about how most of the nobles in the setting are full of arseholes shitting on the smallfolk).
>>
>>47141467
Oh.

Goddamn I feel retarded for not getting that.
>>
>>47141467
what >>47141496 said
>>
>>47141448
I dunno either.
>>
>>47141348
I do sword and board a lot, too, but it doesn't mean I don't have, or use, other weapons. I think my favorite is either my sword that can't kill, it's only semi-physical, pushes through flesh and bone like a thick skin on pudding, and leaves behind blue fire wherever it hits someone, all of which hurts like a motherfucker, and the fire keeps burning for a while; or my shotguns, a pair of four-round 32mm bore shorties that fire four-inch long solid slugs that have been cut up into a radially symmetrical pattern designed to give a predictable spread that absolutely pulps a watermelon sized hole into(or through) anything they hit between 10 and 20 meters.
>>
>>47141300
Blood Dragon pride. Remove Nagash.
>>
>>47141389
I am surprised that lizard didn't bite the guy's finger.
>>
File: 1462591877130.gif (563 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
1462591877130.gif
563 KB, 374x354
How's that Nazi Germany jump coming along?
>>
>>47141300
Mostly vampire, through I went werewolf once in Skyrim, since those vampire are ugly as hell?

As for favorite jumps for it... Hellsing and Blade are nice, I guess.
>>
>>47141300
Eh. Neither.

I made the mistake of reading too many Anita Blake books and now I just . . . ugh. I can't.
>>
>>47141300
Cheshire Malk
>>
>>47141519
that sounds really nasty, my twist on the sword and board thing is that both my dragonslayer-esk chain sword and light saber spiked lantern shield have projectile functions, being fused with a Gauss Flayer in RWBY and being based off the fountain shield from Lord of light respectively. So I am simultaneously sword and board and guns akimbo.
>>
So I have a DC jump question... how do you handle the Endless if you took a game of You as a drawback. What types of stuff are they likely to pull on a jumper?
>>
>>47141442
Well that depends entirely on what your definition of "busted to shit" is.
>>
>>47141739
my advice for the worst case scenario is to read the job chapter from that Christianity book because they are immensely powerful and pretty messed up, best case scenario you are a pawn in their unknowable games
>>
>>47141300
Neither.
I think they're stupid and ugly.
...and smelly.
>>
>>47141739

Easiest method of dealing with that drawback is to not take that drawback. It's a deceptively cheap, but still really really bad/dangerous, drawback to take that looks like 'easy points' but really isn't.

To more specifically answer your question the Endless are literally meta-conceptual beings with meta-conceptual power. Dream once defeated Starro the Conquer, the guy that curbstomped the entire comic line up of the Justice League on multiple occassions, by using his abilities to turn him into a tiny powerless version of itself which he then put into a small glass bottle and just kind of threw into his 'treasure chest of shit that's dangerous but he doesn't care about' to be forever imprisoned.

The Endless are not to be trifled with.
>>
>>47141766
You can copy a kryptonian, this is even more broken than it sounds when combined with the kinds of perks that are out there for jumpers.

For example an immunity to harmful radiation to eliminate the Kryponite weakness, Gross Incandescence for unlimited sunlight, and if you want to be extra overpowered you can use real eater to alter Gross Incandescence to give off blue sunlight.

If is pretty broken even with he two hour limit, who would care if they got stuck in a form like that.
>>
>>47141858
You're bitching about inter-jump combos.

Tell me how a time-limitless animorphing is bullshit broken on it's own merit that it requires the 2-hour limit to be less broken, or fuck off and stop whining.
>>
>>47141842
I see... so can you take multiples of drawbacks like Nemesis instead? It would be cool to have an entire rogue's gallery.
>>
>>47141858
Copying a Martian is better. They're way stronger, especially if you remove the psychological limiters put on them (and have sanity-preservation perks so that doesn't turn you into a pyromaniac sociopath).
>>
>>47141903
Bitching? I love this combo, also I am not the anon who said it would be op without the time limit. Even without the time limit Animorph isn't very powerful at all without copying something powerful from another setting.
>>
>>47140073
With the Unworthy drawback, what if you're sterile? Does it override it?
>>
>>47141944
Ssh, anon doesn't do research.
>>
>>47141858
Man, I almost wonder what you'd say if I listed some of my favorite combos to you, because they're the kind of thing that, if that bothers you, then they'll drive you up a fucking wall.
>>
>>47141944
Martians are stronger then a blue sun powered kryptonian? How does that work?
>>
>>47141903

Can't it be used to combine powers/abilities from multiple forms with Chimera morph? That basically sounds like the 'This is, in fact, my Final Form' perk from Sword Art Online except you don't actually need to pay CP to get a form, you just need to see it once.

Which, to be fair, pretty clearly violates the spirit of the jumpchain 'no cross-jump CP discounts/freebies' rule.

Even with the 2 hour time limit it's pretty broken as is, with no time limit it's basically a combo of a 600cp perk from a different jump and basically every racial CP purchase from every jump ever so long as you can at least see them once.
>>
>>47141975
See>>47141945
As long as it doesn't
>>
>>47141976
Psionics, properly used, are bullshit.
>>
>>47141991
What the? how did that even happen? I didn't even hit post.

As long as it doesn't amount to ridiculous power wank I am all for super combos.
>>
>>47141982
Hardly ever racial ability; there are a lot out there that aren't genetics based. Still very strong, but it's not going to get your robot powers, a number of forms of magic or spiritual powers...
>>
I'm kind of confused about The Once and Future King from the Merlin BBC jump. Is it just plot-armor?
>>
>>47141976
They just are. Martians have every power a Kryptonian does, plus shapeshifting, telepathy, telekinesis and phasing. They have a much more common weakness, fire as opposed to exotic radiation, but that weakness is artificial. It was put on them by the Guardians specifically because the original Martian species was so terrifyingly powerful and dangerous. It's actually a psychosomatic weakness, they've been programmed to think that fire is dangerous to them so their shapeshifting makes it so. This is a good thing. A Martian with its psychological blockers removed is referred to as a "Burning One", and becomes a horrifying fiery shoggoth capable of fighting the entire Justice League and winning. They're also sociopathic, rejoicing in the pain and fear of others, as they embody all the worst aspects of fire (they also reproduce asexually by spreading like a fire does, a single Burning One is therefore a potential extinction-level event). They are very scary things.
>>
>>47140324
From the wording? Only if they don't require anything else being moved or changed either; and since Pause affects your own body too, a mental ability to change your shape or regenerate a lost limb wouldn't work either. What were you thinking of?
>>
>>47142128
I was actually thinking of stuff like the perk that gives you a RTS view of things (can't remember where i picked it up). I figure Pause would be amazing for planning out battles if it can work in tandem with it, especially for dealing with speedsters. I was also thinking about psychic and mental perks, like would I be able to attack people's minds, or use empathy-based powers on them while paused? Could be really effective against broken speedsters if so.
>>
>>47142034
I think so, with the caveat that you're never going to get any rest.
>>
>>47142080
>fighting the entire Justice League and winning
Well, except Batgod
>>
>>47142025
Ah, cool.

Basically, it's a shield mod. Symbiote has a perk(Advanced Bioprocessing) that lets you recreate technology you understand inside your body using biological or semi-biological substances. I did that with a shield mod, but I also ran it in-line with the... Universal Energy Converter from Storm Hawks, I think it was? Basically, it takes all of the incoming energy, uses a small percentage to keep the shield's energy level from going down, and converts the rest into electricity which, because of Livewire from DarkStalkers and Conduit powers from InFamous, doesn't just heal me, but, if the hit is heavy enough, or the energy used is esoteric enough to have a high enough conversion rate from electrical energy, it can cause my electrokinetic powers to become better.
>>
Brellin, if you are still here have you considered something like a guild hall for non 42nd supreme being players? Such as with a discount for players and a variable cost for something between a dinky little guild hall and something on the level of Nazarick?
>>
>>47142242
Not the anon, but if I remember correctly, Batmans actual plan was to just send Plastic-Man over there alone, because holy shit fuck Plastic-Man.
>>
>>47140335
I think Killdozer from Tomb Raider and Equilibrium/Mook Horror Show from Modern Action Movie jump are good.

>>47119838
>Origin Spirits of the Past
I enjoyed this jump, thanks anon.

>>47141300
I went vampire a few jumps and haven't gone werewolf ever.
>>
>>47141949
Drawbacks are ROB fiat, they override perks and pre-existing conditions. And from the wording, contraception isn't going to be an effective defence either. I suppose you could still be vaguely chaste (chaste != celibate) though, if you can drum up the willpower to stick to one mistress/master.

>>47140073
Hey, CCDT, see above. Considering the setting and the consequences, I suggest Unworthy should be worth double for jumpers who are female in the jump...

Also, obviously(?) Unworthy and Eunuch can't both be taken?
>>
>>47142458
I get the feeling that Unworthy will not allow celibacy.
>>
>>47142172
Oh, yeah, Pause and that RTS perk (I can't remember the name/jump either) would have great synergy.

Nope, can't use mental attacks on people while they're paused (well I suppose you could mentally attack your companions, but what would be the point).
>>
>>47142458
>Also, obviously(?) Unworthy and Eunuch can't both be taken?
You still have an ass, buttslut. Put that boypussy to use.
>>
>>47142387
I can't tell if you're saying "holy shit fuck" because of how ridiculous Plastic-Man is or "fuck Plastic-Man" because you think he's lame.
>>
>>47142504
Me either. Thus my note about chaste != celibacy.
>>
>>47141949
It would.

>>47142458
Probably should change that to make them mutually exclusive, otherwise it raises a lot of disturbing questions about how babby is formed. Not doubling the price though as that's silly, it's already 200 CP and most of the drawbacks are pretty punishing.
>>
>>47142554
The main aspect of the drawback is you producing bastards!
>>
>>47142554
Read the drawbacks, anon. Unworthy = fertile, Eunuch = sterile.
>>
>>47142579
>>47142583
An extra helping of bastards before you got sterilized, maybe?
>>
>>47142571
Sorry, thought it was +100 not +200. But the drawback is definitely worse for females, considering it means you're basically going to be varying stages of pregnant for most of your ten (or more) years there.
>>
>>47141943
no
>>
>>47142615
Oh gods, female + Unworthy + Best Dynasty Ever. Where's that pic about the grave you chose?
>>
File: grave.gif (2 MB, 606x423) Image search: [Google]
grave.gif
2 MB, 606x423
>>47142641
This one?
>>
>>47142641
In that situation, that pic would probably apply to whoever tried to stop the Jumper from getting the throne, not the Jumper herself.
>>
>>47142666
Yeah, that's the one.
>>
>>47142641
Create a fucking civilization made entirely out of your bastard children.
>>
If you had Poseidon as your parent in Percy Jackson would that allow you to lolnope the weakness of a devil fruit?

With that power even if you fall off a boat and into the sea you wouldn't even get wet unless you allowed yourself to.
>>
>>47142555
I mean "Holy shit fuck Plastic-Man that fucker is so scary and why the hell did I ever make fun of him ever."
I thought he was really lame, but then I did a little research and damn, he is one scary shapeshifter.
>>
>>47142555
>yfw you won't ever sit in a bunch of pieces on the bottom of the ocean floor long enough to go insane and then get bored with insanity.
>>
>>47142743
What makes him so powerful? From what I have seen his most powerful ability is just size growth.
>>
>>47142734
maybe? Percy almost drowned fighting in Alaska because the surrounding waters had been claimed by one of the Giants. So any waters under Poseidon's control is a yes, but those under the sphere of another water god or outside Poseidon's influence are probably a no.
>>
>>47142783
He can explode his hand in your face, fucking up your whole head.
And HE was the person who batman sent to fight Martian Manhunter when he's possessed by his Instincts and has the fire shoggoth powers. He's immune to Mind fucking powers and he can fucking shapeshift molecularly. He can be anything and anyone. He's scary shit.
Im not gonna get into where he can get into when he gets ahold of you.
>>
>>47142623
lol alright I just took Weakness instead. Thinking of going weakness to fire to represent a crippling phobia of fire which could go with my in jump back story... at least it would be better than being weak to some form of Jumper version of Kryptonite.
>>
>>47142783
Well for one, he's immune to Martians' telepathy, can recover from retarded levels of damage (see: that time he was shattered into plastic gravel and left at the bottom of the Atlantic), has complete control over his form that he has formed monomolecular blades via transforming himself into a bladed form which he then used to shred somebody from the inside out.

Also, good like polymorphing him. He just shapeshifts right out of it.
>>
>>47142897
Also: Superman punches just make him bounce.

But a thing to keep in mind: We're talking about comic power levels. This shit can easily be wiffed by one writer trying to upstage another.
>>
>>47142783
That's what he wants you to think. He's actually one of the more powerful members of the League. He's fully malleable, able to change size and shape and density at will. His strength is enormous, and he has as much leverage as he needs. He's completely immortal, no matter how much damage you do to him he will pull himself back together eventually. He's immune to mind control, and his mind is otherwise fortified so that psychological damage is much less effective against him (during the Obsidian Age storyline he was atomized and had every particle of his being scattered across the globe for a period of thousands of years. After being reassembled he was back to work within a few months). The dude is honestly pretty terrifying, and the "whacky fantastic plastic" act is in large part just him wanting to avoid thinking about how scary he could be if he wanted to.
>>
>>47129309
If I'm a lvl 100 Drop-In and buy a Warrior class skill would my abilities with that class skill be the same as if I took it as a lvl 100 Warrior?
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 422x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 422x675
>>47142886
>>47142897
When they say "good at Shapeshifting," they're not kidding.
>>
File: plasdress.jpg (155 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
plasdress.jpg
155 KB, 500x538
>>47142947
Oh, that wacky Plas!
>>
>>47142961
The one time Plas had the fear of god put into him.
>>
File: fantasy-forest-328633.jpg (1 MB, 2130x1080) Image search: [Google]
fantasy-forest-328633.jpg
1 MB, 2130x1080
>>47119838
Considering this is immediately right after Sburb where I was a God-Tier Maid of Life... ...oh this is gonna be interesting. Interesting indeed.

-Background: The Forest (Free) -I am one with the Forest. I am one with Life.
-Rebuilding The Past (400CP) -The Forest remembers what humans have done. The Forest knows.
-Forest Survival (Free) -The Forest never abandons its own. We are forever thankful for each other.
-Green Thumb (300CP) (Discount) -The Forest welcomes all. The Forest can provide much to those it welcomes.
-Nature Spirits (0CP) (Discount) -The Forest is aware of what happens. It knows what it must do.
-Clothes (Free) -A vassal of the Forest must be properly dressed to fulfill their purpose.
-Raban (-200CP) -The Forest will not be denied. There is nowhere it can't go.
-Growth Accelerant (-500CP) -There is nowhere the Forest can't grow. Nature is forever.
-Mysterious Purpose (-500CP)
-Criminal (Ragna Nation) (-300CP)
-Shunak's Interest (0CP)
Dice Rolls: The Forest, 21 years old
-End Choice: Next Adventure

You thought the Garden was content to simply sit by and be a mere hobby? That it would not try to have its own ability?
Did you really think it would not try to take things into its own hands.

...you'd be wrong. I just totally wanted to go with a theme this time around and I'm just waiting for the people who think I've gone absolutely apeshit with Nature consciousness and more 'Plant-B-Huge'.
>>
>>47143010
Oh ye of little faith. Surely you think we trust you more than that?

Maybe if it was Wakfu, we'd need to worry, but not you.
>>
>>47141405
I believe it's a more reactive version of those cheap-ass growing snake pellets you can buy? It looks like that compound is under a big pile of accelerant though. Couldn't tell you much more than that.
>>
>>47142944

No. You don't get access to Super Moves if you aren't a Warrior, you don't get access to Over-rank magic if you aren't a Magic Caster, and you don't get access to super-speed and mega-critical sneak attacks if you aren't a Drop-In.

Class skills from outside your origin, while you can purchase them, won't be as good as they are for people that are actually that origin. They're still useful and can serve to give you an excellent spread of abilities however. Magic Casters that don't dip into at least one of the Drop-In or Warrior class skill perks for example can't melee for shit.
>>
>>47143067
Hey Brellin, any thoughts on >>47142345?
>>
>>47143067
Okay, thanks
>>
>>47142886
>>47142897
On the one hand, that's bullshit. On the other, I can really appreciate the fact that one of the most powerful superheroes in the setting is a guy called Plastic Man.
>>
So now that I've got indestructible weapons from Samurai Jack and indestructible jewelry from Overlord Maruyama, where can I pick up indestructible armor and indestructible clothes to complete my glorious Jumper-Tier outfit?

Also a question for Brellin, the Ring and Bracelet can't be destroyed, but can their appearance be changed? Or would you be interested in offering more World Class items like, say, armor or clothing?
>>
>>47143095

In order to do something like that proper justice it would need to be done in a supplement, and to be honest if I get around to making one it's probably going to be a while. I'm also a bit leery about including it because the Overlord jump itself is already very 'high-tier' on the power scale, and I'm concerned a lot of people will think being able to get you own guild hall, especially if it's on the tier of Nazarick, might be too much of a 'power grab' option. Which, to be fair, I would also probably consider it as such.
>>
>>47143010

This has me wondering something.

Does the Garden actually have hands? If so how, and why?
>>
>>47143129
Fair enough, though I would expect something on Nazarick to be so expensive that it would be hard to get the other powerful options available.

Without the NPCs that I wouldn't think would be included what would be so powerful about Nazarick?
>>
File: 1238539480967.jpg (39 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1238539480967.jpg
39 KB, 512x384
>>47143157
>spoiler
Oh holy shit what.

No no, if anything because the controlling consciousness is both a Jurai Tree and likely has a shitton of magitech it has access to, any time it needs to physically do anything it can just MAKE itself a body. Hell, it's probably got a custom built body it can just transmit to and walk around in by now.
>>
>>47143114

I'm not really sure if armor or clothing tier World Items are necessary, especially since I'm not sure what abilities I'd need to give them to keep them competitive without also compromising jump balance.

As for the appearance of the Bracelet and Ring, nope. They're indestructible in the 'can't change these things' way. They'll re-size to fit you but that's pretty much the extent of it. You could import them into other jumps that say you can import items, but they'll still look the same.

This is mostly a lore reason to represent the fact that World Items literally are supposed to represent the entire potential/power of a whole World. They're major artifacts, to put it mildly.

Aside from that if you really want to risk it there is already a World Class item of clothing in the canon of Overlord. Downfall of Castle and Country, that World Item that can mind control even beings that shouldn't be able to be mind controlled, is a white Chinese style dress with a golden dragon embroidered on it. Literally btw, that white dress with the golden dragon on it we saw in the anime when Shalltear got mind-controlled was the World Item.

Good luck getting it of course, you'll need at least a World Item of your own to protect yourself from its effect.
>>
>>47143114
The best places for armor that I can think of are Akame ga Kill and getting a NP from either of the Fate jumps. Though there is combining things in Marvel where it's possible to make some incredible power armor. But neither of the first two would be truly indestructible, and the marvel one would also likely have some limit even with Adamantium, and Vibranium. Though you could get the armor from Marvel, apply the NP to it(I think you are allowed to do that) then import it into Akame. There is however also Immortal Object from Sword Art Online.
>Immortal Object : Take an item you own. It is now indestructible, frozen in time. This doesn’t tend to play well with moving parts, and also stops improvements dead in their tracks.
However due to the moving parts issue and preventing improvements it might not be the best idea. The moving part thing depending on how specific it is might effectively screw almost all armor.
>>
>>47143187

Nazarick automatically spawns monsters of level 30 and below for free, can use the Mercenary system to pay gold for higher level monsters, all monsters/NPC's spawned in that fashion are utterly loyal to the rulers of Nazarick, and gold can also be used to activate traps in the Tomb itself that were strong enough to, eventually, repel a combined force of over 1500 level 100 Players on the 8th floor.

Also Nazarick has literally tens of billions of gold coins and more magic items and materials than you can shake a stick at. Even without the named NPC's Nazarick is no joke, and the idea of a Jumper getting their own version of that that could potentially follow them Jump-to-Jump ...

Yeah, it just doesn't seem like the best of ideas. If a *lot* of people chime in and say they'd like to see something like that I'd be willing to try writing up a supplement for it, but for now I think the jump is mostly good as-is, with maybe some updates in the future depending on revealed information in the 10th light novel.
>>
>>47143295
There is a perk in High School of the Dead that give you and all of your equipment the same durability as the strongest piece of armor you are wearing. Use this and one adamantium arm guard from Marvel.
>>
>>47143306
Ok wow, some kind of Guild Hall option would be nice but that seems a bit over powered.
>>
>>47143233
Cool, thanks. That helps a lot, actually.
>>
File: Schlock Mercenary Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Schlock Mercenary Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So I'm working on a Schlock mercenary jump. Comments? Balance? Builds?
>>
>>47143433
Does the bit in the Broken Sword drawback where the Fleetmind won't form even if you intervene keep you from forming your own Fleetmind? Because I'm already an AI super-brain, taking over all the assets Petey did shouldn't be too impossible for me to do. Especially since I have the cheating foreknowledge of what to go after.
>>
File: 1351018258703.jpg (494 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
1351018258703.jpg
494 KB, 800x1067
>>47143306
I’ve been out and didn’t get a chance to comment, so I just wanted to chime in and say I really like your jump, good job.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 236x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 236x321
I think I'll go with Kryptonians than Martians. They seem to grow in power as they age. Look at Superman One Million, he spent 15,000 years inside the sun. Also I think I'll go after Superboy-Prime to get his DNA. He's stronger than New Earth Superman, immune to magic, and somewhat resistant to telepathy. Plus he can absorb green lantern energy.
>>
>>47142837
>>47142950
Anon, do you have any add-ons?
>>
>>47143542

Thank you. I had to actually go back and reread the light novels in order to make most of it, so it took a while. Thanks also go to all the various people that helped make corrections both here and while it was still in google-doc form.
>>
>>47143544
>One Million
Even Silver Age points at this guy and calls bullshit.

>Prime
Doesn't he also loses his powers almost instantly when not receiving sunlight or something?
>>
>>47143783
Not instantly but he burns through his energy pretty fast. That's why you get that one perk from Dark Souls.
>>
>>47143598
This just in: I'm fucking retarded.

Someone (asshole roommate) thought it'd be funny to install the 'ponify' addon. Turns 'man' into 'stallion', 'god' into 'celestia', etc.

Sorry.
>>
>>47143541
It means the galactic governments won't allow the formation of a giant fleetmind in the face if an external threat. You can still seize the assets by boarding and hacking or suborning the governments one by one, although this is the kind of thing that triggers a coalition.
>>
>>47143838
It's okay. I wouldn't put it passed our staff to do this as a prank.
>>
>>47143838
You have quality friends anon.
>>
>>47143863
Fine by me. They didn't exactly respond well to Petey doing it, either. But unlike him, I'll have already seized a bunch of NUSPI from Eina-Afa, so I think I'll have the advantage. I'll be the Long-Gunner of the Apocalypse long before that pronoun-eschewing hack can even try it.
>>
>Overlord jump
>Take Level One Hundred+Rogue Skills+Use Any Magic Item
Neat, this is definitely going in my build for the jump. I don't have any specific examples in mind, but this sounds like you'd end up getting your hands on things that you really shouldn't be anywhere near.

Is there anything to really worry about in the jump if you take Level One Hundred, no big drawbacks, and don't go out of your way to poke the really dangerous things?
>>
File: 1461529714371.png (331 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461529714371.png
331 KB, 1280x720
...so I realized I never did a build for a certain jump.

(Darkest Dungeon)
-Background: Bilious (Free) -I needed to know more. I NEED it. I have to know.
-Stage Coach (Free) -Come ye travelers, one and all!
-Town Square (Free) -A meeting place indeed.
-Market Day (-100CP) -Nothing wrong with trading goods.
-Trade Routes (-200CP) -Yet some people still arrive.
-Graveyard (-300CP) -May they find rest in the next life...
-Survivalist (-400CP) -Yes. Yes we need all the help we can get around here...
-Historian (-500CP) -Well, at least this guy can help us out...
-Alchemist (-700CP) -Yes. Yes we need all the help we can get, we seriously need help.
-Blacksmith (-900CP) -WE NEED THE EQUIPMENT. We need the help for those who would brave the depths!
-Chirurgeon (-1100CP) -We also need some help. WE'VE GOT ENOUGH CORPSES, JUST KEEP THE REST ALIVE.
-Guild (-1400CP) -Let's train everyone! Yes, do what we can to ensure everyone is skilled!
-Bright Is The Faith (-1500CP) -Let the light comfort you, my friends!
-The Comforting Darkness (Free) -Fear not the dark, for they should fear you.
-Dungeons: Ruins, Necromancer Lord (-1200CP) -Oh fucking hell, why all the dead.
-Dungeons: Weald, The Hag (-900CP) -YOUR DAYS OF ALCHEMICAL BULLSHIT ARE DONE.
-Dungeons: Warrens, The Swine King (-600CP) -WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON.
-Dungeons: Cove, The Drowned Crew (-300CP) -Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck why.
-The Darkest Dungeon: Blood Must Flow! (0CP) -...oh my gods, why.
Dice Rolls: -
-End Choice: Next Adventure

...needless to say this is probably a gauntlet that has ended with me screaming in untold madness as endless corpses descend upon me to tear out my organs and eat me slowly.
>>
>>47143433
Examples of what you can actually build with the science capstone?
>>
>>47143306
Besides, doesn't the Warehouse essentially fulfill almost all those functions, and some even better?
>>
>>47143433
Also how big is a serial peacemaker?
>>
>>47143601
From what I've seen so far of the wiki and a couple of youtube vids, it seems like the people in the setting are (pseudo?)aware they're in a MMO? E.g. in the Shalltear/Ainz duel, both are talking about HP and MP even though Shalltear is(?) a native?

Or is that a side-effect of the translation effect, with Ainz only hearing "HP" and "MP" because those are the terms he mentally associates the respective concepts with?
>>
>>47143838
>>47143878
Hah. That April Fools day thing is still funny.
>>
>>47144041
The "cannonical" items would be the Laz'r'us system and the teraport. This is supposed to act as the science equivalent of conjoined conjures from Cardcaptor Sakura jump.
>>
>>47144127
Just a tip, phrasing a perk as "This Perk but..." rather than something by itself will never end well.
>>
>>47144127
Those first two made sense. I did not get the impression that last one was part of the perk

In general all the perk descriptions seem trite, generic and uninteresting. There's nothing here that really distinguishes it from any other scifi setting and arbitrarily comparing it to another jump's perk doesn't help.
>>
>>47143197

Wait that's what people are worried about?

Jurai Tree's are the descendants of a multiversal goddess. If they were going to go mad with power it would have occurred already way before a jumper got access to one.
>>
>>47144127
Apart from what >>47144177 said, CC was justified by an in-universe feat. You should justify why the perk is capable of anything similar, which would be a good opportunity to showcase more of the setting at the same time.
>>
File: schlock20040211.jpg (46 KB, 357x232) Image search: [Google]
schlock20040211.jpg
46 KB, 357x232
>>47144078
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2004-02-11
>>
>>47144177
>>47144209
Am completely rewriting that perk now.
>>
File: Kingkiller Chronicles Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kingkiller Chronicles Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Told you I'd do something on this today.
Finalization of perks and drawbacks + pricing.
Yes, I know it's not much. I'm tired, sue me. The only reason I'm bothering to post this is I did up the backgrounds texts, and I need to know if they sound too pretentious. There is no way I'm going to retype the whole jump after I finish it.
>>
>>47144288
Resident Mad Scientist (600 cp, discount civilian)

Kevyn Andreyasn combined nanotechnology and wormhole physics to build a stardrive that left the galaxy in flames. When the U.N.S. pooled all of their super-soldier projects they produced a means a immortality... and a mind control device with such terrifying implications that an immense conspiracy was formed to suppress it. What could you do, pooling the technologies of dozens of dimension? Let's find out.
>>
>>47143977

If you are local? Probably not. If you are a Player? The Platinum Dragon Lord, if he finds out about you, will do his level best to get you killed.

He might anyway if you're a Local and prove too be too dangerous / upsetting to world balance.

That said if you take level 100, no big drawbacks, and purposely keep your head down you should have smoothing sailing unless you do something stupid. That said if you demonstrate that you are powerful other powerful people will become interested in you almost by default, and if you pick up that one drawback that gets you involved in politics you will probably end up drawing the attention of the powerful people in the world eventually no matter what you do.
>>
>>47144341
Looks pretty good, Cthaeh Conversation should probably be worth more from what I've heard about it.
>>
>>47144068

Warehouse is basically in stasis unless you're in it, by default at least, so not really. Additionally it's something only you can access. By contrast an actual guild hall out in the world that follows you from jump to jump has a level of autonomy that your warehouse simply can't compete with unless you spend basically all of your time in your warehouse.
>>
>>47144096

Ainz and the Great Tomb of Nazarick (and all the NPC's in it/from it) are actually from the 'world' of YGGDRASIL which was, in fact, an MMO.

The 'New World' they find themselves in is not an MMO world, nor was it ever an MMO world. The reason those terms are common in parlance is because 600 years in the past a previous group of Players appeared and spread the 'ranked magic' system, the class system, and popularized a lot of MMO references to explain those things.
>>
>>47144396
You, and anyone you want. Have to give you the stasis thing though.
>>
>>47144441
Aha, it all makes sense now. Thanks.
>>
>>47144441
How good is divine tier equipment? Is there anything that would be difficult to replace with items from another jump?
>>
>>47144391
Yeah, I'm going to bump it up to a thousand probably. And then laugh at anybody who takes it.
It's the trappest trap option ever.
>>
>>47144527
I dunno, Ninja, I think we have a fair few Jumpers that could deal with it.
Bancho, for instance, would probably just make it give up. How can a humble artist top a piece of work like that?
>>
>>47144557
I'm sure someone will try to fanwank it away, even though I'm going to make it infinitely clear in the description how completely fucked you are.
But honestly, no matter what I do such people would do that anyway, so why write the jump with them in mind?
I will also enjoy the opportunity to laughing at their idiocy anyway. It'll be even better because of the delicious Irony. 2/3 people who met with the Cthaeh thought that after all, and oh boy did that fuck up everything forever. Especially for them, and everyone they loved.
>>
>>47144557
>Bancho
It would probably manage to make him realize how much of a fuck up he is, and drive him to despair despite his autism.
>>
>>47144657
What is so dangerous about a tree that tricks people into bad situations?
>>
>>47144557
>>47144657
>>47144688
Uuuh.

English for those of us unaware of what a Cthwhatsit is?
>>
>>47144341
Looks good to me. I like the idea of the Cthaeh drawback, though I think the severity of the wording is going to decide Wether I consider taking it.
>>
>>47144557
Oh wait, it was a joke. Fuck, I need some sleep.
>>
>>47144694
It's perfectly precognitive and hates you. It will say exactly the right thing to turn you into an engine of disaster for yourself and everyone you know. Every action you take from then on will be part of a horrible Rube Goldberg machine meant to cause you as much suffering as possible. And remember, drawbacks trump perks, so if you take that drawback (as opposed to just meeting the Cthaeh on your own for some reason) your anti-precognition abilities won't stop it. Have fun.
>>
>>47144700
I don't know what it is exactly but I think that burning it with a combo to the tune of "fuck any resistance to fire and or death you think you have" would be a good idea regardless of whether or not you take the drawback.
>>
>>47144694
>>47144700
>>47144707
It's omniscient. It sees the past, and all futures as well.
A blind man will have to stumble through a room he can't see, but it can be easily navigated by one who can. And the Cthaeh sees all.
It knows exactly how you will respond to anything it can say or do, and it will carefully select the future for you that is worst.
The drawback is going to force you to spend a year and a day in it's company, during which you will be forced to listen to everything it says. It will, of course, be invincible.
>>
>>47144764
Maybe. Presumably there's a reason the Fae lords haven't done exactly that, though. It could just be that they don't have any magic powerful enough to destroy it. I hope that's the case. But there might be some bullshit metaphysical reason why they can't destroy it, or else even worse things would happen. We don't really know much about it. On the other hand, that does give you freedom to choose the interpretation that lets you destroy it, so it's not like this should stop you.
>>
>>47144802
But without the drawback we can do whatever we want to it, right? I think lava bending will be an appropriate way to bury that fucking thing.

Will it keep it's invincibility after that year and day is over?
>>
>>47144694
Okay, in language jumpchain will understand:

It's the unholy three-way spawn of Contessa, Flowey and Stinkmeaner.
>>
>>47144847
I'm not sure if you can kill it. Maybe burning it's tree down?
If you take the drawback, no, it can't. Period.
You also can't ever forget anything it says naturally.
>>
File: f56e4153805895.5609212e22c05.jpg (187 KB, 600x269) Image search: [Google]
f56e4153805895.5609212e22c05.jpg
187 KB, 600x269
>>47144802
I'm willing to bet that at least three people will take it, of which one will take it seriously and have it affect their Jumper for the rest of their chain, desperately trying to throw it's plans off track for hundreds of jumps to come, one will create a complex scheme to destroy it and screw it's plans, and one who will blow it off completely.
>>
>>47144859
I don't know who any of those people are...
>>
>>47144868
Well, if someone want's to fanwank away drawbacks I can't stop them.
>>
>>47144449

I meant that only you could access it in the sense that if you aren't in it no one else can use it.
>>
>>47144802
I look forward to the inevitable complaints about both it and the people who think it's a serious obstacle.
>>
>>47144875
Cute girl who wears a fedora. Her power is winning.

Evil flower that can't feel positive emotions. Has actual saving/loading powers.

Old black guy who's an asshole. He's an asshole. Also old and black.
>>
>>47144832
Its quite likely that risking a confrontation with a being that can see the future just is not worth it for the fae lords, and that the current system of just killing everyone that talks to it is the best system they have. I think it ended up getting trapped there in the first place so that they can contain it at all is probably a plus for them.
>>
>>47144911
I'm looking forward with sadistic glee when someone yells at me about it being an auto lose option. I'll just say yes.
>>
>>47144505

In the Overlord jump itself a full set of Divine-tier equipment will almost certainly be more useful to you than one of the World Items, overall at least, unless you have a specific need for defenses against other World Items using mind-control or instant death effects.

The way equipment sets work is basically that of an MMO. Divine-tier equipment is literally a full set of equipment, for every 'slot' you'd normally expect to see in an MMO, that is all absolute top-tier end-game super-raid-boss-drops equivilents.

Imagine it as being a full set of the absolute best gear you could ever get for your 'class skills' options from a game like WoW, or Everquest.

The World Items have very powerful specific effects that can act as multipliers but the full set of divine equipment is going to be more useful to you than a single world item, at least as far as that jump is concerned. If you're some mega-ultra-crafter that made your own stuff thanks to all your super-tier mega-crafting skills then you might not need any of the equipment sets.
>>
>>47144899
True.
>>
>>47144954
Yeah, but it's trapped in one place, and presumably they could cast spells at it from a distance. All it can do is talk, so long as they're far enough away not to hear it the encounter should go fine for them. I don't know, maybe it's something that will be explored in later books. I suppose it doesn't really matter. Like you said, just the fact that they trapped a perfect precognitive at all is still pretty impressive. Unless that's what it wanted them to do.
>>
>>47144956
I love the image of it actively making the jumper invincible and immortal through numerous hoops, THEN utterly fucking up their life, but leaving them unable to ever accomplish anything meaningful and without any hope. Except the whole time with the jumper laughing off the drawback because what can a talking tree fucking do?
>>
>>47144969
You aren't allowed.
Mostly because drawback, but really because author egos.
Those things are fragile, and bruise like bananas.
>>
>>47145006
I like to smash bananas.
>>
>>47144969
I...did you even read my post? I just told you, drawbacks trump perks. You'll get fucked up anyway. Unless you didn't take the drawback and are just going to meet the Cthaeh for shits and giggles, in which case you'll have shits and giggles. This wasn't a question you needed to ask.
>>
>>47144990
It makes me giggle too anon.
>>
>>47144938
You forgot the part where he came back from hell and possessed and kicked people asses.
>>
>>47144986
Well the Cthaeh does actively choose the worst path, it is quite possible it used to be a good guy, something happened as their powers awakened, and now shit hit the fan. Hell, maybe the powers came up AFTER they got imprisoned, because finding out someone can see all futures is scary as fuck. My point about imprisonment though is that anything that might kill the Cthaeh might have to go through its prison first, which means releasing it for a nanofucking second. You are giving a nanosecond, to a fucking omniscient precog.
>>
>>47145014
>How dare someone delete their post I'm going to shit all over them anyway
>>
>>47145013
I enjoy them spread on toast, with peanut butter.
>>
>>47144969
If Cthaeh Conversation Then
Precog Block = False.
Else
Precog Block = True
End If Jumper interacts with Cthaeh
>>
File: q1pmzZ6.jpg (331 KB, 2546x1738) Image search: [Google]
q1pmzZ6.jpg
331 KB, 2546x1738
>>47145006
>>
>>47145030
Actually, I hit post before my browser had updated. I didn't see that they had deleted it until afterwards. My apologies.
>>
>>47145028
Oh, yeah, those are some good points. Alright, then, I retract my argument.
>>
>>47145050
I am both salty, and sweet.
The most delicious snack.
>>
You think with Chimera Morph combining Kryptonian & Martian together. Would they add their strength together?
>>
>>47145006
Are we talking jumpmaker author egos or actual storywriter egos.

because both are fragile.
>>
How would taking both Alucard's Embrace and Holy Empowerment work out?
>>
>>47145028
Post jump wouldn't all your perks that lolnope psychological harm comeback and deal with whatever damage the fucking tree did to me? Also as long as there is nothing in the setting capable of harming me, including me actually, what is there to fear aside from a decade of abject misery?
>>
>>47145111
>>47145006
I see now your post was mildly in jest and apologize.

No it's this fucker >>47145159 that >>47145050 applies to.
>>
>>47145193
Ok, so after ten years it no longer affects you?
It sets things up so you die at the exact moment before you would leave, or even tricks you into going into a gauntlet were you lack said powers, OR MAKES YOU CHOOSE TO KEEP THE DRAWBACK THROUGH FUTURE JUMPS.

Do you remember the tardis option from the doctor who jump? this is that, but in drawback form.
>>
>>47145191
By taking off that name.
>>
File: 1461932599876.jpg (45 KB, 533x570) Image search: [Google]
1461932599876.jpg
45 KB, 533x570
>>47145159
Insecurity is not exactly a secret.

>>47145211
I love you, too.
>>
>>47145193

I would assume so since the drawback ended, its debatable it can see into other jumps, and you may be immune to pre-cognition.

>>47145235
>die at the exact moment before you would leave

See
>Asso as long as there is nothing in the setting capable of harming me, including me actually

>even tricks you into going into a gauntlet were you lack said powers, OR MAKES YOU CHOOSE TO KEEP THE DRAWBACK THROUGH FUTURE JUMPS.

How? For these things to occur the Jump must have ended. If the Jump has ended, the perks are functioning and the Jumper is no longer following its will.
>>
>>47145193
If you made it out of the jump, sure. But an Omniscient being would know that, and beings it wants you to suffer as much as possible... well.
>>
>>47145266
What if someone is insecure about how secure they are, and they're terrified that someone else will learn that they are completely confident in and comfortable with themself?
>>
>>47145281
You can also try and hijack a tardis, doesn't make it a good idea.
>>
>>47145317

What? How is this related to what I said?
>>
There's one problem with all this "oh it's a perfect precog it'll know everything you could do for the rest of eternity" talk.
Remember how there was talk about maybe removing the Night Angel jump because the Precog perk from it that let you see into other jumps was stepping all over Jumpchain rules?
>>
>>47145299
So what? I am immune to everything below a certain level that doesn't even exist in this setting, even I am incapable of doing lasting harm to myself. It may make me suffer but the power to kill me doesn't exist in the setting and once I get my spark a certain tree is getting a very nasty nuclear surprise.
>>
File: angry lewis.gif (1 MB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
angry lewis.gif
1 MB, 500x273
>>47145266
IF I SEE THAT CAT ONE MORE TIME
>>
>>47145351
Of course, there's nothing to stop it from making you act in a way that would cause your companions to leave you.
>>
>>47145343
Difference between that and a drawback.

>>47145015
At this point I say make the drawback COST 9999 cp, just so people get the actual joke.
>>
>>47129309
If you take the Unified Focus perk would walking into an anti-magic field or going somewhere where magic can't function kill you?
>>
>>47145372
>Difference between that and a drawback.
Is there?
>>
>>47145351
>>47145299
>>47145351

Actually would the tree even fuck with the Jumper, knowing nothing it could do would be permanent and when the Jumper gets he's spark he''ll return as a vengeful god? I don't think he would, that would be suicidal.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>47145240
but really, how do you think it would work out?

would the jumper be a really weak vampire, or would the perks be mutually exclusive? Or would one kick in when the other isn't active?

I'll just roll. [1], [2-3], [4-5], respectively, because weakening perks is kinda dumb.
>>
>>47145372
Do any other drawbacks affect you between jumps?

Can there be one that sends the IDPD after you for the rest of your life/until you kill them all?
>>
>>47145351
Beings something could learn your Name- giving them absolute control over yourself- including the ability to straight up kill you- I'd have to say yes, there are things that can kill you in setting.
>>47145394
You won't make it that far is what I'm saying.
>>
>>47145306
False moe is as warm as a plastic flame.
Set it on fire.
>>
>>47145392
>>47145400
You appear to be forgetting that the jumpmaker is admitting it is a trap option, it is not intended to be taken. It is literally there for shits and giggles. A drawback enforced precog is insanely powerful, and >>47145351 does not seem to realize that the cthaeh could trick him into giving his name to someone else who would use it against him, which means yes, he can fucking die.
>>
>>47145408

Except Bartimaus has a immunity to name based things perk so a Jumper could possibly remain unharmed in the setting and thus make it that far.
>>
>>47145366
I'm not bringing them, also you are overestimating the value of psychological warfare I get that it is the best plot device level psychological warfare but all it can do is talk and make me listen and remember. I have centuries of experience that will even without perks make it neigh on impossible for mind games to do much of anything to me on any level.
>>
>>47145434

See >>47145436
>>
>>47145434
>You appear to be forgetting that the jumpmaker is admitting it is a trap option, it is not intended to be taken.
...Then why put it there, though?
>>
>>47145408
Well beings I'm sobering up and have realized this is just going to remove the option.
>>47145436
Does it protect you from yourself out of curiosity?
>>
>>47145451
Do... do you know what a joke is?
>>
>>47144802
My vaugley baseless intepretation is that maybe the Ctheah actually -might- be somewhat manageable for a sufficently advannced jumper.

This mostly hinges on the Cthaeh not being strictly omniscient - instead more of a "one-eyed man in the land of the blind" kind of thing.

As I figure it, a jumper might have literally doens of ways of foreseeing the future, lettign them dodge some of the more obvious traps and tricks of the Cthaeh. If a jumper can see a disastrous future coming up, then they'll steer away, and nothing the Ctaeth says or does caould convince them otherwise.

I guess you could say that the Cthaeh's foresigt can account for that and double-bluff jumpers (I don't think that that has any base in canon, but still: fiat), but still, they'd be a certain amount of damage mitigation, in my imagination.

Add to that a whole bunch of anti-destiny perks, anti-manipulation perks and so on, and the Cthaeh, while still a huge deal, can be somewhat offset (at the cost of an awful lot of time, energy, and second guessing yourself).

Of course, the drawback could just screw you over by making it something that -can't- be dealt with, regardless of perks and clever planning
>>
>>47145443

To be perfectly honest I also think the Jumpmaker is overestimating the tree. Sure it may see every path available but what if none lead to its desired conclusion.
>>
>>47145372
>Difference between that and a drawback.
For another example, remember all the anger about the Mark from the Fall of Heaven DLC?
>>
>>47145461
>This is just going to cause a shit storm.
That's what I meant.
>>47145465
For the purposes of the drawback, it was going to have true omniscience.
>>
>>47145408
My entire build is completely defense oriented and I am very thorough, I have a hard counter to name based magic.
>>
>>47145443
See >>47144891. And isn't that exactly what it would want you to think? That no matter what, what it says won't affect you, and you are doing this all out of your own free will.
>>
>>47145465
Oh this has all been talking about the Cthaeh as a drawback on my defense of it. Without the drawback enforcement the cthaeh turns into a paper tiger that cannot do shit to a prepared jumper.
>>
>>47145468
I think the operative word here is

>if

I mean, on paper Contessa shouldn't nearly be as big a deal as she is in Worm.
>>
>>47145489
He's already removing the drawback.

Are you happy now.

Is your dick hard.
>>
>>47145484
>>47145461

Here's the text

600 CP What’s a true name?:
Names have power. A spirit knowing your name is utterly immune to any magic you may try to use upon it, and can also penetrate your defences by invoking it. Similarly, if you’re a spirit, your name can be used to enslave and torture you. So, like I said, names have power. Some more than others, but yours… doesn’t. Or rather the opposite. A sort of… antipower
if you will. For whatever reason any hostile magic (this includes curses, mind control, body control, summoning etc.) used against you using your name as a basis will fizzle away to nothingness. Furthermore you immediately know who, when and where the person is trying to use their name against you. If you know magic, you may utilize a form of “mystic judo” to draw out the target’s own true name.

So....yeah.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.