[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do we make Charisma not suck and not get completely eaten up by Intelligence traits/feats? No leadership feats.

N. Jolly's vigilante book playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48078191
>>
dsp shills pls go and stay go
>>
DSP make superior classes to Paizo, play their classes instead. Do not question this.
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
veilweavers.gif
485 KB, 272x251
>>48087851
Akashit Mysteries PDF when?
>>
>>48087831
How are NJolly's classes thematically vigilante?
>>
>>48087871
I don't know why but looking at that .gif just makes me so angry.
>>
>>48087831
You dont, Leadership, steadfast personality and Noble scion of war are the only things sorcerers have going for them over wizards. The first is often banned while the third can be achieved through taking the diviner school.

On top of that the wizard has more feats, cheaper items, faster progression while the sorcerer is constantly getting nerfed in the form of their items getting fucked.

Really, if the wizard wanted to go social he can take additional traits and take clever wordplay and boom, he's suddenly also a master diplomat.
>>
do you know any way to add WIS to AC( except monk and sacred fist warpriest, not 3rd party)?
>>
File: 1408759950351.jpg (311 KB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
1408759950351.jpg
311 KB, 700x990
Some times ago someone posted an image of a third party feat that let you wield two-handed weapons in one hand.
Could anybody post it?
>>
>>48088176
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/investigator/archetypes/paizo---investigator-archetypes/spiritualist
4th level of this is the only way that I know of that's 1p excluding those two things.
>>
>>48088309
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/ascension-games-llc/technique-feats/titan-technique-combat-technique
This?
>>
Anyone have a link to Distant Shores they wouldn't mind sharing?
I've wanted to read it for a while but never found it.
>>
Why is kineticst so bad? Why paizo choose to make con-dependant character and then using the shitty burn system? Why don t use wis or cha for the infusion and CD and finding another way than burn for limit the infusions?
>>
>>48088309
STUPENDOUS STRENGTH from one of the DSP monstrous class books.
>>
>>48088444
Because it was never meant to be used outside of occult adventuring .

The reasoning behind it's creation was specific to occult adventures, a la The Fury, Scanners, Firestarter (more her dad than the little girl - she had all the 'eat no burn' feats), the original Puppetmaster, The Omega Factor, and other "if you use physical psychic power you eat damage" movies of the 70's and 80's. It wasn't meant to be an actual blaster class at all.
>>
>>48087831
>No leadership feats.
Instructor Wizard doesn't use feats. Or traits.
>>
How big would you say is a Colossal sized Dagger? it does 3d6 damage.
>>
File: ChargingPaladin.jpg (87 KB, 547x473) Image search: [Google]
ChargingPaladin.jpg
87 KB, 547x473
>have Clumsy Slave
>get your horse galloping and charge someone with a Merciful Lance using Power Attack and Furious Focus in addition to your Spirited Charge, activating Smite Evil and a half-dozen other damage buffs

WHOOPS, CLUMSY ME, EVILDOER!
>>
Speaking of horseback charging, how do AoOs when it comes to deciding who provokes?

Is it the rider or is it the mount?
>>
>>48088525
Given it's a light weapon, it's a Huge (Collossal - 2) object. It's 1 foot in length, per the description of daggers. (If it's that way for halfling daggers, it's that way for titan daggers.)
>>
>>48088525
Have you looked at DSP content? They have better daggers.
>>
>>48088600
I guess the easy thing to do is treat them as one unit for that purpose and then give the attacker the option of aiming for the mount, but I have no actual idea what the rules for mounted combat really are.
>>
>>48088600
>>48088648
Both provoke. Rider is counted as occupying all the mount's squares at once.
>>
>>48088676
Damn, dude
>>
>>48088416
I have to wonder is the reason I can't find it is because Distant Shores was so bad no one bought it?
>>
>>48088646
For a moment I was ready to open PoW:E to check whether it actually has daggers until I realised you're baiting.
You almost got me.
>>
>>48088671
So someone with Combat Reflexes gets to attack both the rider and the mount separately, in dramatically less time as they pass by than an unmounted person?
>>
>>48087831
Int > con > dex > wis > str > shit > cancer > death > kineticist > cha
>>
>>48088739
Yeap. It's not like a 60+ feet pouncecharge makes much sense realistically either.
>>
>>48088676
Thanks, Gareth.
>>
File: 1467549059129.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467549059129.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>48088676
>>
>>48088676
My favourites are the QT mechanic with goggles and the equally QT tea knight.
>>
What was that one feat allowing non-fighters to qualify for weapon mastery feats?
>>
>>48088819
Martial Focus. Surprisingly hard to find on d20pfsrd if you don't know the name, I searched it out the other day and just gave up to find my WMH.
>>
>>48088831
Thanks, mate.
>>
>>48088577
Gonna take a massive penalty on that Bluff check.
>>
>>48088818
Coffee knight is the MC, iirc, pity that the mechanic is a 16-year-old pyromaniac mass-murderer.
>>
Is there a way to wield cards as weapons?

Playing in a modern game, GM is allowing modified PF classes for use; we're securing the futures of our fellow humans by putting down monsters.
>>
>>48088866
TWAS AN HONEST MISTAKE, MY DEAR HERETICAL KNAVE! I ACCIDENTALLY TILTED MY LANCE DOWNWARD WHILE ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT MY DROPPED COINPURSE.
>>
File: yawn.png (458 KB, 1079x1132) Image search: [Google]
yawn.png
458 KB, 1079x1132
How are you holdin' up this morning, /pfg/?

This week's game was cancelled and next week we take our regularly scheduled first-week-of-the-month off. Not that I'm complaining, really; we're still doing a fuckton pf math accounting for the two year time skip and all the downtime had, along with the GM taking a lot of extra time to practically need to rewrite and reorganize how everything is going to chug on for the last quarter of the campaign.

On that note, I may need help with item suggestions for Wizard nonsense, a Steelhound Investigator, and Sorcerer things. I already have stat buffing and defensive items handled for the most part. Thoughts?
>>
>>48088934
100 damage: -100 penalty on the Bluff check.
>>
>>48089126
Yeah but what's the Sense Motive penalty for taking a hundred damage to the back of the head?
>>
>>48089098
Our last party got along really well but we split up at the end of last arc, and all PCs except one rerolled.

One session in and every member of the new party has tried to attack/cripple/dominate/burn another party member for mostly different reasons.
>>
>>48088577
>have Clumsy Slave
>Did a bit of refluffing
>Old man wizard just needed some help around the house doing some normal cleaning stuff.
>Despite being clumsy, old man is really forgiving. Eventually teaches me magic to help me help around the house.
>Old wizard dies (Read: jolly suicide as he wanted to see what was on the other side). Leaves me paperwork for the house and to become a free slave.
>Paperwork is in order, but the house wasn't properly transferred over to me.
>Get chased out by magical golems.
>Start campaign as a freed slave wizard 1.
>Game ended after two sessions.

Man I miss that character.
>>
File: 1467310314995.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467310314995.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
I want to play a kitsune Zweihander Sentinel and not suck.

What should I do about my shitty racial stats?
>>
>>48089590
Go into Daring Hero?
>>
is it possible making a character only int and ex dipendent, without making a tier 2 or 3 class?
Using dex and int for out combat roles, like scout, face, textbook, and in combat fill the melee, buffer, debuffer, etc etc?
>>
>>48089590
Daring hero, grab polearm dancer, acquire profit or something of the like.
>>
>>48089815
You mean like Unchained Rogue? Though for melee you also need decent con.
>>
>>48089816
So basically a furry Kilik from Soul Calibur. Kinda cool
>>
is alignment deterministic?
>>
>>48089938
no
>>
>>48089972
how so considering universe itself is deterministic.
>>
Can you please help me building a finesse teisatsu vigilante who is a pirate captain? His crew knows hi real identity, but enemies only know his vigilante identity.
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (153 KB, 539x509) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
153 KB, 539x509
>>48088719
As someone who bought a copy, Distant Shores is pretty fuckin' good.
The vast majority of it is a solid 9/10 (Barring Crystals magical transgender wizard kingdom where women are totes the only potential rulers as set down by Heaven Itself for...reasons!)

Its got great places to go visit, cool ideas, some god damn bitching concepts like the god damn half-flooded greek city that's run by Mythic Heroes who the forecoming of is predicted by cycloptic oracles.
Or the Silver-mine city built over a Chasm and river, run by a Rashaka who keeps the rich rich and the poor starving (Because he's a cunt) which actually has a really, really good example of SUBTLE use of lesbians for once, since the backstory for the area is that it was created by the love of two gods, the god of Chasms and the god of rivers, the span across the chasm is them reaching for each other.
And you don't realize how subtle it is until you notice both of them are goddesses. Totally makes sense and totally not hip-thrust into your face.

Its a fucking good book.
>>
>>48088893
Deadly Dealer
>>
>>48090064
Lucky, I've been wanting to read all about the cool Greek kingdom ran by gods and Cyclops but haven't found a pdf anywhere.
>>
>>48090640
Shouldn't it be in the Trove somewhere? Campaign Setting folder?
>>
>>48090690
>Trove
I've never really actually paid attention to the opening things in "general" threads before
>>
>>48090064

>Barring Crystals magical transgender wizard kingdom where women are totes the only potential rulers as set down by Heaven Itself for...reasons!

Don't forget the setting book includes a homosexual organization called the Iridian Fold, that explicitly states only male/male pairings work in their teachings... And yet, the book goes out of it's way to point out this is bullshit, and there's a splinter organization called the Iridian Choir that can train men to be with women, or women with women.

So the gay organization is a sham but the female-exclusive matriarchy operates entirely on the author declaring any attempt by a filthy guy trying to connect with the throne results in a terrible demise, wonderful. Oh, and don't forget the book goes a long way to describe how wonderful and tolerant this nation is and how it doesn't have any problems except their military of warrior-women (they make that distinction of course, since Golarion is a gender-neutral setting where women serving in the military is not unusual) wants to invade Geb and Nex.

>And you don't realize how subtle it is until you notice both of them are goddesses. Totally makes sense and totally not hip-thrust into your face.

It makes sense, but it just reminds me how *every major relationship in Pathfinder is two girls hooking up*, there is literally only one male/female pairing in Pathfinder and that's Shizuru with her Moon God loverboy.
>>
Why do Legion Archon's Greatsword has 17-20 critical range, when it doesn't have a keen quality??
>>
Is there any way to increase the duration of buffs?
I know Riven Hourglass has a thing where you can consume maneuvers to increase the duration of powers/boosts/spells, but I'm looking for something that works on wondrous items.
>>
>>48090738
And don't they spend like most of their time avoiding one another?
>>
>>48090757
Archons are known cheaters, do not allow them to the table. Or at least make sure they roll their stats in front of you.
>>
As a Stalker with that one Art and a Keen 18-20 weapon, my crit threat range gets to 14-20. Can I improve it further or is that the limit?
>>
>>48090757
Real answer: They have Improved Critical.
>>
>>48090789
>And don't they spend like most of their time avoiding one another?

Yes, the Moon God got murdered and I think part of the deal in bringing him back to life was the two can only bang during Solar Eclipses.

Very tragic.
>>
What happen when you use True Seeing on stuff that has Natural Invisibility (Ex)? Can they even see Invisible Stalker?
>>
>>48090819
There's a teamwork feat in path of war, but you either need to get solo tactics or another stalker in the team. Murderous Insight is a decent choice as it lets you roll twice the first attack each round for its duration and take highest, or the capstone for the Shattered Mirror style line, since as a swift it lets you roll twice and take highest on all the attacks for a single round.
>>
>>48090850
Murderous Insight is only the first attack per round?
I mean, the wording is such a jamboree of fuck I can't really tell what it's meant to be saying, but I can't see how it's only the first attack.
Is there errata for it or something?
>>
>>48090832
That or they take their portfolios of Sun and Moon far too seriously as gods.

Actually this brings up a question; what is your favorite pantheon/gods?
I like the Tian gods even though not much information is given...
>>
>>48090874
>what is your favorite pantheon/gods?
ALSETA
LSETAA
SETAAL
ETAALS
TAALSE
AALSET
ALSETA
>>
>>48090873
Iirc it's somewhere on the DSP FAQ thread on GitP, as I asked for clarification on it. It takes a swift action and 1 ki point to activate, and it should read like "For the duration it's active, you roll twice and take highest on the first attack you make each round."
>>
>>48090874
Tian gods are the best.
> Tsukiyo died
> Shizuru and Qi Zhong help revived him.
> Aroden died
> Sarenrae and Nethys didn't do jack shit.
>>
>>48090902
That makes it significantly worse than I thought it was.
Initially I read it as EVERY attack but I realized it was too good, so I started using it as if it said "if you miss an attack you can reroll it once per round" or something akin to that.
First attack makes it... Well, it's still strong, but now it's a lot less flexible. Still nice for fishing, I suppose. Might retrain out of it, though.
>>
>>48090926
I think the difference here is that Aroden kinda vanished. In fact dead gods can still grant spells and domains, Lissalla for example.
Aroden however can't.
>>
>>48090953
Lissala isn't dead though?
>>
>>48090738
>It makes sense, but it just reminds me how *every major relationship in Pathfinder is two girls hooking up*, there is literally only one male/female pairing in Pathfinder and that's Shizuru with her Moon God loverboy.

Doesn't one of the Avistani gods have a wife? I think? Maybe?

Like, doesn't Erastil, the god of family, have a family?

Is it safe for me to assume basically everyone is single or a woman because Paizo wanted their playerbase plenty of opportunities for their (usually) male characters a shot at boning them?
>>
>>48090820
Thanks. Can't believe I missed something so obvious.
>>
>>48091009
The people who worshipped her are gone, she hasn't been prayed to in a long time.
Odds are she's dead or turned her back on her people.
>>
>>48090953
The idea of Aroden can give you spells though. Which is close enough really.
>>
My party is going to fight against a Devourer soon. Are there any tips or suggestion I should know?

My party is only level 9 and pretty under gear. Actually 2 of them are multiclassing abomination that can't pull their weight in combat.
>>
File: 41fbnODlmfL.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41fbnODlmfL.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
Is there a wizard/arcanist/sorcerer/whatever archetype that can do pic related or something similar without having to be really high level?
>>
I seem to have missed something while I was asleep. Morning /pfg/.

>>48088818
That's coffee, anon. Anastasia's personal symbol is a steaming cup of coffee.
>>
>>48091153
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/parry-spell

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/spell-turning

And I think some Arcanist exploits
>>
>>48091185
Those are pretty damn high level anon.
Surely there's a lesser version or a once per day or SOMETHING out there somewhere, right?
Maybe in 3pp?
>>
>>48089126
Mythic Tricksters are immune to Sense Motive.
>>
File: ring of spell-battle.png (79 KB, 263x537) Image search: [Google]
ring of spell-battle.png
79 KB, 263x537
>>48091153
There's a really cool item for that in the Book of Great Stuff I Miss From D&D3.5, yeah.
>>
>>48091185
Close. Magus Arcana.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/paizo---magus-arcana/reflection-su
>>
>>48090738
I've had a lot of fun with the Iridian Fold in my own setting.
In my setting they're totally right and only a pair of dudes can be in balance because minds becoming one is one very, very tiny step from bodies becoming one, so if you train groups of three or worse, women who have a thousand potential children in them then in the end all you end up with is a Gibbering Mouther, or in the case of female-female pairings? A shoggoth. One of the duties of Fold members is to kill these pairings/break them up before they make the inevitable mistake and are driven mad.
The PCs had a lot of fun finding that one out since I presented the Choir as totally reasonable and just trying to help people up until their contact with the Choir, a quartet consisting of two heretic pairs, exploded into a mouther after reaching the point where for a Fold pair? They'd become one of mind and find balance
>>
>>48091018

Well, Erastil did knock up Fandarra, who then gave birth to stone giants and dire bears as a result. It's possible he's single so as to avoid destroying the uteri of those who AREN'T giant stone women.
>>
Help: How to make a Gundyr Build?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoniOoYNs4
>>
>>48091332
Zweihand Sentinel with a glaive

Piercing Thunder
Primal Fury
Fool's Errand
>>
What ranged feats are good?
>>
>>48091424
Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot are mandatory. Rapid Shot, Manyshot, and Deadly Aim are all excellent and nigh mandatory for archers.

This, of course, assumes a bow. Pretty much every other form of ranged combat is usually shit compared to bows.
>>
>>48091513
>Pretty much every other form of ranged combat is usually shit compared to bows.
Well, fuck bows. I'm using Mystic Might of the Archmage.
>>
>>48091527
The fuck is that? And if it works, good for you, I'm just assuming the basics because you didn't put in any parameters.
>>
>>48091376
>>48091332

Shouldn't Fool's Errand get replaced with Broken Blade? Half the moves that guy does are hand-to-hand.
>>
>>48091549
>The fuck is that?
Living Legend Soulknife mind blade form.
>>
>>48091277

If Iomedae can get fucked by a dragon and not die, I bet the average woman can take whatever freaky animal genitalia Erastil has.
>>
>>48090953
So is that why his purview over prophesy hasn't been taken over in a more concrete manner? He still has it.... wherever he is?
>>
>>48090837
You see something hazy and transparent, but distinct enough to fight it without penalties.
>>
>>48091606

Perhaps, but if he can impregnate a giant goddess with dire bears, they might not want to find out what they'll be carrying to term.
>>
>>48091527
Everything other than Multishot, then. I think Precise is given free (unless you're running Archmage secondary), but PBS, Rapid, and Deadly Aim are critical.
>>
>>48091711
Deadly Aim looks pretty poor in DPR calculations, losing out even in comparison with Weapon Focus.
>>
>>48091723
It's only bad when you're having trouble hitting, just like Power Attack. If you push 90% hit rate on the opener with it, it's actually BETTER than PA because dedicated archers can get more shots at their full bonus (other than UnMonk or multi-hit maneuvers)
>>
>>48091554
Fool's Errand is designed for mixed weapon/unarmed (which can also be full unarmed)
>>
>>48091554
No Gundyr uses unarmed together with his weapon, which is what Fool's Errand is about.
>>
>>48055503

WELL!?
>>
>>48091696

I'm actually kind of digging the idea that werewolves came about after Erastil knocked up a human girl.
>>
File: FMABread02.jpg (41 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
FMABread02.jpg
41 KB, 736x490
Well, last thread I mentioned the Stregone, so this thread I should probably post it. Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to making many changes, since I've been doing other things, and free time was being absorbed by Overwatch and Dark Souls 2. Because I'm that much of a scrub. Gonna go take some time before my Sunday game to go slap some more theorycrafting math together though, since I still have a stack block laying around.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVTXsAAdkxpLjQFfvYzuME3lVyuhAU2chxXrK46vlbA/edit?usp=sharing

I'm also tempted to go full autism and write out a long rant on what specifically causes the Vigilante Warlock's Mystic Bolts to be such ass, and the different solutions I'd explored before throwing up my hands and making this class. Y'know. Just in case NJolly sticks his head back in the thread. I'm not too keen on vomiting walls of text about the warlock at his playtest doc just yet, especially when there's so many other parts of it that people could focus on.
>>
File: MTMTE_Tarn_Alex_Milne.jpg (34 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
MTMTE_Tarn_Alex_Milne.jpg
34 KB, 450x600
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tarn_(DJD)

Aside from being clearly evil, nobody I've talked to has been able to peg Tarn down as a specific alignment. What do you guys thing?
>>
>>48092545
fucking who
>>
>>48091917
Wrong alignment, furnigger.
>>
>>48092545
If you can't decide, whoever it is, neutral.
>>
File: aaaahggfhdfghdgfgs.gif (431 KB, 240x230) Image search: [Google]
aaaahggfhdfghdgfgs.gif
431 KB, 240x230
Campaigns that annoy you
(possibly giant in the playground edition, they have a hardon for the following)
>I want a fantasy setting.
ok
>There is to be no magic
ok
>There is to be no races other than Human
um... ok
>Gods do not exist.
sure
(this last one's optional)
>It should be high-drama/tension, with lots of houses and nobles and such.

Why even play 3.5 or PF why not just play fucking game of thrones the RPG or something goddamnit
What do I say to these people /tg/
>>
>>48093183
"goodbye"
>>
>>48093183

>What do I say to these people

"Why even play 3.5 or PF why not just play fucking game of thrones the RPG or something goddamnit"
>>
>>48093216
Touche
>>
>>48088444
Paizo almost made a decent class, then decided to ruin it after realizing that Kineticists aren't technically spellcasters and therefore cannot be allowed to not suck.
>>
File: Jaden Smith.jpg (42 KB, 563x548) Image search: [Google]
Jaden Smith.jpg
42 KB, 563x548
>>48089978

If alignment is deterministic, then is the universe deterministic? By that logic, anything which can conceivably influence a decision or color a character, from favorite color to brand loyalty, is deterministic.

And if alignment overrides universal determinism, is the universe really deterministic? If someone's alignment changes, and they act in a deterministic way now, is their action determined by their alignment or was their alignment change determined by the universe, rendering alignment mostly irrelevant in the equation?

If the universe is deterministic, the alignment isn't deterministic because the universe's determinism has already determined alignment, and alignment itself is simply descriptive of a deterministic outcome.

Does alignment even exist in a deterministic universe? Can one be said to be good or evil, lawful or chaotic, if there is no such thing as choice and all outcomes are predetermined? Certainly chaos does not exist, and law is all there is, as a deterministic universe has no unknown outcomes and therefore there is no such thing as chaos. In a deterministic universe, does alignment have any meaningful impact and does choice exist? If alignment has meaningful impact, then the universe is not deterministic. If choice makes a difference, alignment exists, but the universe is not deterministic. If the universe is deterministic, then alignment does not exist and therefore is not deterministic.
>>
>>48093332
tl;dr
>>
>>48093265
kek
>>
>>48089815
Dex and int? You want a magus.
>>
Can you please help me building a finesse teisatsu vigilante who is a pirate captain? His crew knows hi real identity, but enemies only know his vigilante identity.
No 3rd party
25 points build
Human or half elf
>>
>>48093332
Congratulations, you've realized that determinism is retarded, and Spinoza should've had his fingers broken
>>
>>48091723
Deadly Aim is ridiculously powerful, what the fuck are you on?
>>
>>48093522
Remind me why vigilante is now regarded as the only choice to build a character with a secret identity? There's literally a skill that all characters can invest in for this concept.
>>
>>48093522
No. Play literally any other class and invest ranks in the Disguise skill.
>>
>>48093522
Unchained Rogue does your concept best.
>>
>>48093522
Is there anything in particular about the Vigilante's mechanics that you like compared to an Unchained Rogue or a Ninja when it comes to what you want to do? Vigilante is nice, but it's not necessarily the "end-all be-all".
>>
>>48093550

Because vigilante is, much to everyone's surprise, not complete shit, and the novelty is making people want to see what they can do with the class.
>>
>>48093559
Don't be like that, vigilante is a good class. It doesn't own the disguised character concept as exclusively as some people like to push, but it's not like it's strictly worse than an unchained rogue or something. It has fear features and such.
>>
>>48090057
>>48093522
Well, you at least put in some parameters. What kind of build are you shooting for? If you just want to go full dex-faggotry, the Vigilante is probably one of the best 1pp classes for doing dex-based TWF, especially since you have 25 PB to play with.

>>48093568
>unchained rogue
>implying with dex-to-damage of unchained, the Rogue are better than the vigilante

Nigga are you serious.
>>
>>48093591
Okay, then: Play literally any class and invest ranks in the Disguise skill.
>>
>>48093591
>>48093559
>>48093606
>>48093522
play a bard and get versatile performance acting to get bluff and disguise for the cost of one skill lmao
>>
File: SpymasterArchetypes02.jpg (2 MB, 4840x3243) Image search: [Google]
SpymasterArchetypes02.jpg
2 MB, 4840x3243
>>48093568
>>48093606
You do realize the Teisatsu Vigilante gets access to both Ninja Tricks /AND/ Unchained Monk talents, and that they still have access to the normal vigilante/stalker talents. Right? And that those talents all tend to be really damn good? It's not a caster but it's at the top of the martial pile as far as mechanics is concerned, last I checked.
>>
Spheres related question, would the Overcharge boon allow me to control an extra 2 CL worth of undead with Reanimate from the death sphere or am I retarded? Also soul weaver or thaumaturge for dedicated minionmancy?
>>
File: Iridian Fold or Slavery.jpg (93 KB, 675x936) Image search: [Google]
Iridian Fold or Slavery.jpg
93 KB, 675x936
I like the concept behind the group, but the way it is implemented is kind of... meh.
>>
>>48093183
>>48093216
"If we want something more down to earth we can play Burning Wheel. It's a good system for this sort of thing."
>>
Humans are god damn fantastic. If you at any point plan on using Skill Focus in a build there is no reason to not be a human who gets THREE free skill focus.

God damn.
>>
>>48093602
For being captain i think the character must have a good cha, and probably going TWF is the best way to go.
>>
>>48094012
>If you at any point plan on using Skill Focus in a build
>never
Translated that for you.
>>
>>48094033
Well, it's not exactly "good Charisma" relative to a caster, but you could get away with something along the lines of 14/18/14/10/10/14 post racials. Could drop Str to 13 and up Cha to 15 if you wanted. You'd want to keep the 13 Str instead of dropping to 12 because the Power Attack Talent is a solid investment, even for TWF-finesse builds.

You'll be a little talent starved early on since you'll want the Ninja Talent for Invisibility and the Finesse Talent, but at level 8 you should probably talent into Abundant Steps and grab the Dimensional Dervish feat line for pseudo-pouncing. You might choke on ki costs, but it's at least something.
>>
>>48094091
>What are martial initiators
>>
>>48094091
What is Eldritch Heritage.
>>
>>48094203
A shitty feat chain

>>48094197
People who don't actually need Skill Focus to boost skills up. If you're stupid enough to waste a feat on a trivial +3/+6 boost you deserve to die.
>>
>>48094234
What are you talking about? Any martial worth a damn is invested in it for Orc bloodline.
>>
>>48094254
>invested in it for the orc bloodline
>what is Sorcerer VMC
>>
Can someone tell me what's going on with Psionics Augmented: Occult? I've seen the playtest, but afaik the only thing that's been made official is the Living Legend. Are there plans to do the same thing with the other stuff?
>>
>>48094254
>what is VMC
>being stupid enough to be Str-based
0/10
>>
>>48094254
Hahahahaha holy shit martialfags don't even need to be cucked by casters anymore, they do it to themselves
>>
>>48094262
One extra feat for only marginal benefit. Besides, a martial's VMC should already been in use.

>>48094280
You mean literally every martial, since, you know, bows run on str? Pure martials do not have enough access to self enhancement without using scrolls to push dex above 50. Strength can easily go higher without ever needing to touch a scroll.
>>
>>48094305
>using level 20/endgame bullshit for arguments
lmao
>>
>>48094234
Except is not one feat for a +3/+6 boost, it's one feat for three eventual +6 boosts. It's also worth for Orc bloodline as >>48094254 points out, and it's great for shit like Black Seraph's Wrath or Sanguine Perseverance, particularly if Wis ain't your main stat in the latter's stat.
>>48094262
>Be initiator
>Skip Advanced Study at level 7
Also, the only two feats worth from Orc Bloodline are Power Attack and Intimidating Prowess, and either should've already been taken by level 11, forcing you to choose a shitty feat in place. You also delay Strength of the Beast until 15th instead of grabbing it at 11.
>>
>>48094317
A fighter can hit the 40s at mid levels. Level 12 they can nearly manage it.
>>
>>48094342
So, as I said, endgame bullshit.
>>
>>48094342
17+2+3+6+6+2+4 = 40 at level 12
>>
File: 1431537356194.jpg (48 KB, 627x626) Image search: [Google]
1431537356194.jpg
48 KB, 627x626
>>48094353
>>
>>48094353
Level 12 isn't "endgame bullshit", what are you smoking?
>>
>>48094372
>get proven wrong
>"y-y-you're baiting"
Ok
>>
>>48094365
Where's the numbers coming from? Not trying to bait you im honesty curious.
>>
>>48094383
>get proven wrong
>move goalposts so hard they launch into the orbit
>>
>>48094383
>say thing is endgame
>say it keeps your strength higher than dex can be without consumables at mid levels
>it also keeps strength higher than dex can get without consumables at low levels
Have fun spending money on scrolls.
>>
>>48094254
>Spend 3 feats and start with a 15+ in what is probably a dump stat
>get +2 STR at level 11
Ok.
>>
>>48094406
>implying I moved any goalposts
Slightly better, but still 2/10.
>>
>>48094401
17 (base) + 2 (human) + 3 (levels) + 6 (belt) + 6 (greater mutagen) + 2 (strength of beasts) + 4 (rage) = 20

Mutagen lasts for 2 hours at a time, you can brew a new dose in an hour. You have ~18-20 rounds of rage a day.
>>
>>48094375
Have you actually played Pathfinder? It's very unlikely that a campaign will make it to level 12 at all.
>>
>>48094181
Seems solid to me.
Is slashing grace a good idea?
>>
>>48094422
>start with a 15
Nah, just get a belt when you need it. You need 17 charisma by level 17 and 15 by level 11. You need to start with 11 charisma and buy a headband.
>>
>>48087831
Can't you get Cha to nearly every stat?

Cha to Hp/Fort -> Be undead
Cha to initiative - Noble Scion
Cha to AC/CMD -> Oracle nature revelation
Cha to saves -> Paladin/Anti-paladin/Old divine grace feat

Then just play a sorcerer and not have to worry about attack/damage
>>
>>48094375
Confirmed for never playing in an actual campaign
>>
>>48094449
depends on the group and DM I would say but yeah level 12 is very very high level for all the groups I have played in.
>>
>>48094449
Maybe for spergs that make campaigns explode by session three. I'm in three games at the moment, only one of them is lower than level 10.
>>
>>48094423
12 is midlevels. It's nowhere near "endgame bullshit".
>>
>>48094489
It's near the end of most campaigns.
>>
>>48094465
You don't get Cha to Fort for being undead. You count at 10 for your Fort save, you just are immune to most things that require Fort saves.

>>48094471
Again, sounds like you're a sperg.
>>
File: 1426528831171.gif (335 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1426528831171.gif
335 KB, 400x370
Tell me about Talador.
>>
>>48094458
Slashing grace doesn't work with TWF, hence why you don't have Str dumped to shit. The Finesse Talent for Vigilantes also only triggers the bonus damage if you add your Str mod to damage rolls.
>>
>>48094511
We wuz nobles n' shiet. We had an empire fo' 'dem dirty qadirans stoled it from us.
>>
>>48094511
It's part of Golarion, and Golarion is shit. All you need to know.
>>
>>48094458
If you can convince your GM to let slashing grace work with TWF, and for the finesse talent to still give the damage boost, go for it. Otherwise see >>48094514
>>
>>48094541
I don't speak mwangi
>>48094549
Unfortunately, thats where the game is, so I don't have a choice in the matter.
>>
File: 1440821405199.jpg (169 KB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
1440821405199.jpg
169 KB, 900x1391
Starting a game as a Vizier today. Is it me, or does Light Whip seem pretty good?
>>
File: 1387302406245.jpg (146 KB, 489x470) Image search: [Google]
1387302406245.jpg
146 KB, 489x470
>>48093828
Please respond.
>>
>>48094585
It is really good, worth building around even.
>>
>>48093828
>>48094631
Temporary boosts like Overcharge or a Thaumaturge's CL boost don't affect number of undead or conjuration companions.

However, Thaumaturges can take the Master of Cosmos/Undead feats which add their temporary bonus to their CL for the purposes of their conjuration companion's strength/undead HD limits.
>>
>>48094585
It really is. Ran a solo game of RotRL for a bit, Vizier with Lightwhip and Combat Reflexes got through the first book (he leveled faster due to solo, just calculated XP for one instead of four)
>>
>>48094694
I'm not sure if it's worded differently in Spheres, but normal Animate Dead only checks your undead limit at the moment when you cast it, so stuff like Death Knell and Bead of Karma can boost your limit.
>>
>>48094694
To clarify, it adds it permanently.

So a level 20 Thaumaturge with three talents in the 'more HD' talent, and Master of Undeath would be able to control 130HD of undead, as opposed to the normal 100, regardless of whether his bonus is active or not.
>>
>>48094764
One issue I have with normal necromancy is that different things have different control limits. Do they all count against the same limit, or are they all separate?

In any case, I think the only thing that higher temporary CL helps with normal Animate Dead is how many you can raise AT ONCE.
>>
>>48093903
Don't worry, we'll probably see them a lot more in Jessica's Qadira book.
>>
>>48094694
>>48094764
I take it that means any bonuses from circle casting is also no good for necromancy?
>>
>>48094651
If I'm going the Vizier path that shares teamwork feats, should I just grab Tandem Trip and Paired Opportunists and stick behind my martial?
>>
>>48089669
>>48089816
>>48089933
Starting at level 1.
>>
>>48094955
Don't play a kitsune you furry faggot.
>>
>>48094860
You could, I also went with ditchdigger armlets for maximum control. Remember to pack something to counter flyers though.
>>
Of all the things, Distant Shores is good
Fucking wat?
>>
>>48095029
It has some good things. Not many though.
>>
What alignment would you say a character would be if their main goal is personal glory?
>>
>>48095078
Chaotic Neutral probably.
>>
>>48095078
Honestly? I know everyone's going to disagree with me, but probably evil.

I think, because of the names, we're too hesitant to give characters evil alignments. The main dividing line between good and evil is whether you care more about yourself than others. If the only reason you're doing something is to make yourself look good, to me, that's evil.
>>
>>48094860
Pretty much. If you're evil or neutral, you can make your own meat shield to share with by using the one ring
>>
>>48094851
Correct.

However, note that a temporary boost to CL would still help things like their duration if they're not permanent, and saves for things like Posession and Summon Spirit, not to mention all those Ghost Strikes.
>>
>>48095085
>>48095130
Interesting. I'm trying to design a Black Blade for a LN character, and conflicts will almost certainly happen.
>>
>>48095078

Depends on whether or not they're willing to sell out their allies and get their men killed. Do they want to earn actual glory, or do they just want the fame and the associated perks with the least amount of personal sacrifice?
>>
>>48095161
It's only goal is to become a legendary sword that will be remembered and sought after forever
>>
>>48095130
I always assumed that where "good" was being selfless, neutral was selfish and evil was aggressively selfish. Neutral might consider punching a baby to get its candy but might as easily just buy the candy. Evil would punch the baby because it's easier and has free candy.

Although the Insinuator is evil, so I dunno.
>>
>>48094805
>The undead you create remain under your control indefinitely. No matter how many times you use this spell, however, you can control only 4 HD worth of undead creatures per caster level. If you exceed this number, all the newly created creatures fall under your control, and any excess undead from previous castings become uncontrolled. You choose which creatures are released. Undead you control through the Command Undead feat do not count toward this limit.

Separate pools. If you're not controlling them with Animate Dead, they don't count against its limit- but you can still grab them with Command Undead the feat or Command Undead the spell.

Also, again, your HD limit is only checked when you cast the spell- undead can't leave your control via too many hit dice unless you're actively casting the spell (it's an instantaneous effect, after all). This means that as long as you don't cast the spell with an un-boosted CL, CL boosters will increase your control limit.

For example: I'm a CL 10 cleric with 40 HD of undead under my control. I use a Bead of Karma to increase my CL to 14 for 10 minutes (which increases my control limit from 40 HD to 56 HD) and cast Animate Dead on two ogre corpses which have 4 HD each- I'm now controlling 48 HD of undead. Even when the Bead of Karma effect ends, I still have 48 HD of undead listening to my orders. If I cast Animate Dead again without the bead, I would end the spell with more than 40 HD and have to pick some undead to lose control over.
>>
>>48095216
It's more, in my mind at least, that when deciding a course of action, Good will favour the action that benefits others the most, Evil will favour the action that benefits itself the most, and Neutral will favour the action with the most net benefit, whoever it's for.

Good will stand in front of the army charging the bridge because it's willing to give its life to protect anyone.

Neutral will do it because Neutral is only one person, and it can save many people by doing so.

Evil will just cut the bridge. And that's why evil will always triumph. Because Good is dumb.
>>
>>48095204

Oh. Well, in that case, probably LE. So long as the wielder slaughters their way to the top, they're fine and dandy, but if they decide to give peace a chance, they're going to have problems.
>>
>>48095204
I'd say NE.
>>
>>48095078
Just from that?

Neutral.

Self-betterment isn't just human nature, it's basic animalistic instinct.
>>
>>48091912
>WELL!?
WELL, GARETH?
WELL!??
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR DAYS!
>>
>>48095216
>>48095130
It's not that simple. Selfishness is basically an evil character trait when taken far enough, but you can act totally selflessly and still be Evil if you're devoted to an evil ideal/god/organization/whatever. Similarly, being a gloryhound doesn't easily translate into a Good character, but it doesn't by itself make someone evil. And if you consider self-sacrifice - like dying in battle while defending others - to be the height of glory, then a character primarily motivated by glory could be good(although if that's his ONLY motivation, it would be kinda stretching it).
>>
>>48095216
Bullshit, a person who would consider punching a baby for candy is a genuine evil person. Just because you can go *more* evil than that by miles doesn't mean that isn't an unmistakably evil impulse.

Evil deeds for personal gain = regular human evil
Evil deeds for fun = demons, evil people who are insane, and cartoon villains
>>
>>48095308
>>48095292
That doesn't really strike me as evil.

>I want to be the best sword, and everyone will want me.
>>
>>48095350
This is pretty much it.

Selfishness isn't evil. Self-advancement isn't evil. It's when you pursue those at the expense of other people that you drift towards evil.

If you're not hurting anyone, where's the harm?
>>
>>48095339
>>48095350
>>48095396
Yeah, my initial instinct was TN, and I think I will go with that.

Will saves against Ego for the sword to let its wielder use a secondary natural attack will be interesting.
>>
>>48095344
Thus far there aren't a lot of helpful answers. Jeff's offering to write something up; I'll dump it in the thread when I can.
>>
>>48095498
Thanks, though it should be noted that if a project's general design process and goals can't be distilled into a few sentences, they should probably be re-examined.
>>
>>48095554
Brah, it's not my team or my project. On top of that, what you asked for was design tips. I've outlined the goals in the thread before, when it's come up.

I am sorry for the wait but you have to remember that this is a region where I'm just the contact, not an involved party.
>>
>>48095592
That wasn't a personal criticism, it was one of the project and its leader. My point being, if it's a project with recurring installments (and it is), there has to be a means of maintaining consistency between installments, and in this case a checklist or set of guidelines is how I see it being handled. That not being readily available has poor implications.
>>
>>48094651
>>48094696

But wouldn't an ordained defender warder with Shape Veil (Light Whip) do even better with it?
>>
>>48090561
Thanks brah
>>
>>48094275
They're releasing things in the patreon as $5 pdfs instead of making one big book. More cost-effective and gets us completed stuff faster than 2 years of playtest and layout hell.
>>
File: 1465892051350.jpg (145 KB, 783x896) Image search: [Google]
1465892051350.jpg
145 KB, 783x896
Because these are (Su) and not (Sp), there's no indicator of them being used and the victim doesn't get alerted on a successful save, right DSP?

What's the Sense Motive check on the first one for though?

>Mystique
>Replacement Abilities: The following discipline abilities replace the mental intrusion and telepathy abilities of the telepathy discipline.

>Recall Another’s (Su): Starting at 2nd level, you can grab ahold of other people’s memories. As a standard action while you’re psionically focused, you may make a Sense Motive check. One intelligent creature within 30 feet of your choice must then make a Will save. If they succeed, they may not be affected by this ability for the next 24 hours. If they fail, you gain all of their memories from the past 5 hours, plus one hour for every point by which they fail the Will save. This is a mind-affecting effect.

>Implant Memory (Su): Starting at 8th level, you can lie to your foes through their very minds. As a standard action while you’re psionically focused, one intelligence creature within 30 feet of your choice must then make a Will save with a DC of 10 + half your psion level + your Intelligence modifier. If they succeed, they may not be affected by this ability for the next 24 hours. If they fail, you convince them that they experienced something that they didn’t actually experience. They may use your Bluff modifier instead of their own when convincing people of this. This is a mind-affecting effect.
>>
>>48095737
Light Whip is a ring, Shape Veil can't do it.
>>
>>48095850
Magus has an archetype just for Light Whip.
>>
>>48095887
Not a fan of that one, though. Just plays odd, and nowhere near as good at damage.
>>
I keep hearing this pfg meme about how kineticists are garbage.

I built & played one not to show they are pretty effective without burning yourself to death.

Important notes: you want 3 burn from level 6 on and 5 burn from level 11 on because of elemental overflow and the size bonus to con or dex you gain from it. It's really buried in there but you get +2 to one physical score at 3 burn at level 6 and +4 to one score, +2 to another at level 11
If you increase constitution with the size bonus, you gain bonus HP and increased max HP, negating the opportunity cost of accepting those 1 or two points of burn.
You don't want to take more Burn than this unless you know it's the last encounter or you are in dire straits.
Infusion specilialization is going to negate the burn cost of your infusion talents. As soon as you have access to talents that cost 2 burn you now have metakinesis 2 the next level. At 11th level you reduce talent costs by 3, at 15th level you reduce costs by 4.

So I finally hit level 11 where the kineticist goes super sayajin. I can gather as a move action to reduce the burn cost of a blast by 2, or a full round action to reduce the cost by 3, but that one will get less play.

I paid my taxes, so I have point blank shot and precise shot. I also picked up furious Metakinesis from the expanded metakinesis feat in magic tactics toolbox.

I got chain blast for my electric blasts, and when I finally got to use it it was orgasmic. In the surprise round I won initiative and my +18 vs flat touch hit all the targets.

6d6+11 vs the first, 5d6+11 vs the second, and it kept chaining against all 4 targets. Bueno~

Second round I gathered energy to make my blast furious (+2xspell level to damage) for 6d6+20 damage and then empowered, so 9d6+30 and repeated the performance, killing two of the assailants, even with 10 points of electric resistance.

My basic air blast augments to 9d6+45, and my thunderstorm deals 12d6+26

What does pfg think? Is it middling or bad?
>>
>>48096082
TIER

FOUR
>>
>>48096082
*To show they are pretty effective without burning yourself to death
sorry, on my phone
>>
>>48096082
It does a very narrow set of things. These are damage and go fast. Besides that they're a fish out of water.
>>
>>48096082
How many times per day can you deal more damage than a Warrior of the same level using a composite longbow and the feats every archer takes?

Oh, that's right, not enough, and only in one or two damage types.
>>
>>48096082
So, what do you do against electric-immune enemies?
>>
>>48096203
9d6+45 bludgeoning damage at a range of 240 feet while flying. Or 6d6+20 with an iterative attack in melee and a reach of 10 feet.
>>
>>48096170
What's the archer's DPR?
>>
File: 1386194118043.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1422) Image search: [Google]
1386194118043.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1422
>>48096247
>at a range of 240 feet while flying
Is that the total range (which includes the horrendous penalties to hit, which even if you're targeting Touch AC is going to hurt you), or is that the total effective range (which is about the first 2 or 3 range increments)?
>>
>>48096410
What is that picture?
>>
>>48096598
2hu
>>
>>48094502
No Constitution score. Undead use their Charisma score in place of their Constitution score when calculating hit points, Fortitude saves, and any special ability that relies on Constitution(such as when calculating a breath weapon’s DC).

You're kinda retarded, aintcha?
>>
>>48097364
Well what he described is how undead worked in 3.5
>>
Does anyone have a link to the perfect scholar monk?
My google-fu is too weak.
>>
>>48097390
Why bring it up when the anon is obviously talking about PATHFINDER?
>>
Is it possible to purchase Fighter feats and throw them onto an item just so you can benefit from the crazy boosts in damage and attack bonus. Say this is all meant for something like a Ranger, trying to squeeze out as much damage as it can permit.
>>
>>48097433
Just saying it is not entirely retarded. Considering how simliar the systems are it can lead to assumptions, get me?
>>
>>48097487
I guess but this is /pfg/ i dont even know how its possible to fuck up like that.
>>
>>48097432
I've never heard of this archetype before. What does it do?
>>
>>48097969
It's for the unchained monk specifically.
It adds all knowledges to your skill list, gives you bardic knowledge, and makes it so that if you miss on an attack, you gain a bonus on the rest of your attacks for a round.
I do not know the specifics though.
>>
>>48098011
...Are you required to roll your highest TAB attack first? If not, you could just throw your probably-going-to-whiff one first.
>>
File: 1460338738901.jpg (52 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
1460338738901.jpg
52 KB, 331x331
>>48095824
>>
>>48098011
Ah okay, found it. It's from Inner Sea Intrigue. I'll try to get some images of it up.
>>
>>48098118
Yes. You are.
>>
File: 686751-ed16.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
686751-ed16.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>48092060
Got me thinking, completely unrelated to post but to picture, how do you do Ed?
>>
File: Perfect Scholar Monk.jpg (766 KB, 988x2181) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Scholar Monk.jpg
766 KB, 988x2181
>>48098011
>>48098129
Here you go m80
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.