[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: hang in there shitty.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
hang in there shitty.gif
11 KB, 408x408
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Dogs Edition

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata soon??? 's what I heard anyway

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48066571
>>
I wanna ride a corgi as a mount!
>>
>undertale OP
I thought I told you furfags to fuck off.
>>
>>48078253
Oh quit being a jerk and learn to be excellent instead.
>>
>>48078253
Who honestly cares about your opinion, anon? Your parents? People can enjoy what they want to.
>>
>>48078253
And what does your comment have to do with PF? I didn't know you were the supreme arbiter of all of what is allowed on /tg/. Clearly we must all bow before your supreme and objectively superior tastes

Now, getting back to Pathfinder, who here has ever had any experiences with Sahuagans, or any other freaky fish folk?
>>
File: DegeneracyInvolvingAFox.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
DegeneracyInvolvingAFox.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>48078211

I think that might be difficult for the average corgi.
>>
File: Sad Hotaru-San.png (2 MB, 1408x1624) Image search: [Google]
Sad Hotaru-San.png
2 MB, 1408x1624
>First time DMing.
>Have no idea what I'm doing.
>No notes, little understanding of the campaign, only just finished copying half of the characters down.
>Friend offers to help if needed.
>Brush it off, say it's cool.
>Friend invites new people.
>One of them is a cute girl.
>They'll be here in an hour.
I feel like I'm having an episode here.
>>
>>48078353
Have all the monsters pulled up in tabs on a laptop/phone. Make sure to have everything ready. Run the adventure as best you can and ask for honest feedback at the end of the game. Take everything they say to heart

After that give yourself more time to prepare the game, get everything ready as soon as you feasibly can so you don't have to worry about it. Still take feedback at the end of every game.
>>
>>48078353
just chill
Remember. They can't see your DM notes. They don't know what the story is supposed to be. If you fuck up, just roll with it. They won't know the difference unless you tell them.
>>
>>48078459
>What notes?
>>
>>48078353

Jeez, winging it much? I get that some GMs can pull an engaging, multi-faceted adventure out of their ass in five minutes notice, but you really should have gotten some help or put more work into it.

That said, if you really don't think you can hack it with what you've got right now, you can always download a pdf. Otherwise, take some deep breaths, and calm the fuck down. It's just a game, and everyone's there to have fun.
>>
>>48078191
Has anyone ever made a D&D class that's centered around nonlethal combat and/or pacifism?
>>
>>48078570
There's an archetype of the rogue for nonlethal damage and intimidation, but not pacifism.

Also, it'd be quite cuckish in D&D, tbqh, it's a glorified wargame at heart. Just play a NPC adept who owns a bar and be the other PCs' bitchboy IC and OOC or something.
>>
>>48078570
I believe that is called a truenamer.
>>
>>48078570
There are monk archetypes, some feats, and I think the Constable Cavalier can do some of that stuff. Plus the Merciful enchantment isn't too expensive, and having a good Cha and skill points to diplomance problems away also helps
>>
>>48078608
Nah, truenamer is great if you don't mind cheese, and they're broken when they get gate at will at like level 19 or 20, but who's not broken by then other than martials.
>>
>>48078570
There was a homebrew pacifist class I had bookmarked, but the author quit the wiki because of an admin having a major attitude problem.

It basically imposed negative levels via sunders, disarms, and avoiding attacks.
>>
File: 1464905479124.png (1 MB, 1868x2233) Image search: [Google]
1464905479124.png
1 MB, 1868x2233
Question on grappling rules for the pros.
Say I have Rapid Grappler and Kraken Style chain of feats. I also have grab from the Tetori monk archetype.
On the round following a grapple, I can then make 3 checks: 1 as a move, 1 as a standard, and 1 as a swift (-5 penalty). Each check does grab damage (2d8 atm) in addition to moving/pinning/attacking.
So, a full round grapple could be check 1 -> grab damage -> Kraken damage -> pin. Check 2-> grab damage -> Kraken damage -> attack damage. Check 3 (-5) -> grab damage -> Kraken damage -> attack damage.
With Pinning Knockout, the regular (non-grab) attacks from grapple can be doubled if they are non-lethal.

Is this correct?
>>
>tfw harbinger looks like an amazingly fun class to play as
>reading it's fluff makes me feel like an edgy faggot
>typically only ever play some kind of lawful good or neutral good happy characters because playing anything else is difficult for me
How do I play a non-edgy Harbinger?
>>
>>48078830
Did you try not playing an edgy harbinger? I imagine it's fairly easy.
>>
>>48078191
If negative energy drains life, why does it heal undead? Shouldn't it drain their life too? If positive energy gives life, why does it harm undead? Shouldn't it give them life too?
>>
Turn Undead or Improved Channel?
>>
>>48078868
>being this much of a stupid cuck
Negative and positive are exactly that, negative and positive. They're polar opposites. Life runs on positive, negative fucks it up. Undeath runs on negative, positive fucks it up.
>>
>>48078868
Oh please don't do this again. We answered you days ago, but you just went into an autistic rage about how our logic is wrong and you are the smartest person ever for pointing this out.
>>
>>48078868
Undead don't HAVE life. That's why they're undead and not alive.
>>
File: 403.jpg (23 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
403.jpg
23 KB, 500x358
>>48078830

You could be comically defensive about your edginess.
>>
>>48078881
Either is alright, but channeling builds are doomed to be bad from the start anyway.
>>
File: 1417647563991.jpg (27 KB, 346x528) Image search: [Google]
1417647563991.jpg
27 KB, 346x528
I fucked up /pfg/

One of my players wanted to invite his little sister who has never played a tabletop game before to my campaign, so I told her to go ahead and join us for our session last night. The problem was, the way our story was going, last night's session was entirely devoted to a massive battle that they'd begun heading to the week before. And this battle took the ENTIRE session.

So I basically made this little girl who didn't even know what an initiative was beforehand sit through six hours of pure combat. I tried to include roleplaying in the encounter and make things generally interesting, but the poor kid looked immensely bored throughout the entire thing. I realized early on I should've just told her to wait till next week so we could get this out of the way first and then move on to more fun rp shenanigans, but I did not.

I probably singlehandedly ruined her entire impression of tabletop gaming and I feel like complete shit.

Anyone wanna make me feel better by telling stories of times you've also fucked up as a GM?
>>
File: bob ross.jpg (54 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
bob ross.jpg
54 KB, 500x666
>>48078830
like pic related
Mr. Rogers is also a popular choice
>>
>>48079024
Why didn't you just run a oneshot instead?
>>
>>48078701
I do not believe pinning knockout functions on the check you make as a move action to maintain the grapple. Only one where you deal nonlethal damage with an unarmed strike or weapon.

I would also see about getting the Final Embrace line if you can get constrict. So every strike also constricts, you'll still knock them out.
>>
>>48079059
This has been an ongoing campaign for a while now, but one of my players just left for vacation so we wanted someone else to join us. All of my other players were excited to go into this battle; they're all fairly experienced and they like making use of all their tricks and skills in combat settings. But for new players who are still unfamiliar with any of the rules or things they can do, combat can be really unfun. It certainly was for me when I was new. And I just made this girl sit through the longest combat encounter that ever has happened or will happen in any of my games. God damn it, I'm retarded. I just hope she's willing to give me another chance next week.
>>
>>48078353
Look just make a bunch of encounters that you can pull out anywhere. Have the encounters on average contain a swift hard-to-hit enemy, a strong fat enemy, a magic enemy, and another of the three. They can be monsters or humanoids, whatever you need.
>>
Channeled Revival or Reactive Healing?

It's a pretty dangerous game, but I'm sitting back and being a healslut, but I could be in danger if things turn to me.

One teammate has an absolute ridiculous undead horde. Like...I've never been in a game this unbalanced to one player before.

Can you not use Reactive Healing just for the heal component (ie Breath of Life just to heal/to damage to undead?)
>>
>tfw no game
Man, I wish I could play. Does anyone have a game I could join?
>>
>>48079031
Morty's speech is also good - the "no one exists on purpose" one?
>>
>>48079217
Rick and Morty's Morty? I could never get past that digusting burping tic in the pilot episode.
>>
>>48079184
I'd invite you to mine but I only play IRL
>>
>>48079236
>>48079217

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qvy82U4RE

This speech.
>>
>>48079217
I prefer Death from Discworld at the end of Hogfather for my existentialist good characters
https://youtu.be/AnaQXJmpwM4
>>
>>48079269
I'm an accident too, apparently, or so my sister says!
>>
>>48079177
Being just a healer is actively making things more dangerous for the party.
>>
>>48079294
My brother.
>>
>>48079309
Depends on the healer, a vitalist could probably be just a healer just fine. Oradin is a good healer, but they're definitely not just a healer.
>>
>>48079309
How so?

I'm also buffing and the game's population is 50% living and 50% undead, so I'm pretty confident I'll have some role in blasting and scouting.

Also didn't answer my question, only criticize my role.
>>
>>48079326
Only Vitalist and Zealot are legitimate choices for a damage prevention/reversal.

>>48079331
Buffing is not "just healing". Buffing/Battlefield Control/Healing is fine.

Also Reactive Healing.
>>
>>48078353
>first time DMing
>hasn't held a session 0 yet

Dude.
>>
>>48078868
Listen idiot, it doesn't make any fucking sense. Stop asking for logic that doesn't fucking exist in the first and invent your own.

On a more serious note, positive energy and negative energy are not literally life force. Living creatures are like plants: they photosynthesize positive energy into life force, too much positive energy is deadly radiation (see positive energy plane traits, solar dragons channel radiation). Undead cannot photosynthesize, so the energy just accumulates until it burns. Negative energy only ever drains and redirects life force: you can drain refined life force from your environment and optionally funnel it into undead. Negative energy is an absence of energy, not its own energy.

Or at least that's my best attempt to salvage it. Try 5e or 13th if you want logic.
>>
>>48079409
Session 0 isn't necessary if you trust your players. I've yet to run a session 0, though that's not to say it's worthless. I can definitely see its use. It's just all my players are in different states so when we all get together we just want to play.
>>
>>48079435
From the description the guy gave, he doesn't know how the players are gonna be, and it sounds like they either hadn't built characters or had built them independently, which can be brutal for a GM to deal with on their first go.

For me, even with my irl group I've played with and GM'd for for years, I still hold session 0s for the sake of A) getting an idea of what their characters are going to be like, B) getting the party into the mindset of cooperating, including a basic rundown of the initial scenario, and finally C) making sure nobody did something horribly stupid like build an antipaladin for a "let's go save the villagers!" game.
>>
>>48079348
I never said I was just healing, just being a bit of a healslut. My heals just come attached with buffs.

My necromancer has battlefield control down. 12 6HD 40RP undead with 4 arms and grab. I still have a little battlefield control, though.
>>
>>48079435
>>48079523
Session 0 is always good, there's never going to be a group of people that 100% know all the rules. And sometimes you can depend on one of your crazies to be able to recite every core class's scaling and features including spell tables by heart, leading to speedy creation.

The most important thing is that you find out what level of play your group is at. This is extremely useful for a GM but also helpful for players who don't know how low they should be aiming.
>>
>>48079829
Ignoring the hyperbole that's me, actually. I had a lot of 3.5 rules memorized, just like I had a lot of OWoD MET rules memorized.
>>
>>48079853
That's not hyperbole, spell tables are easily memorizable by their pattern, which are consistent between spell levels. Like the wizard's, cleric's and druid's spell progression pattern is 1/2/2/3/3/3/4~, and that applies to every level of spells you get except cantrips, which nobody cares about.
>>
>>48078570
Yup, I recently made a ertw beguiler kitsune who took the 3.5 vows of nonviolence and peace. The plan was enchantment magic with a couple ways to pierce immunity so that everyone would be happy and if the enemy was far too evil to let live she'd turn them into animals or make them feebleminded.
>>
If you channel positive energy in the air, is it a sphere?
>>
>>48080024
yes
>>
>>48080024
it's still graph paper
>>
File: Dota-фэндомы.jpg (50 KB, 235x280) Image search: [Google]
Dota-фэндомы.jpg
50 KB, 235x280
>>48080004

Pretty dark.
>>
File: 1467060463632.jpg (144 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
1467060463632.jpg
144 KB, 550x800
>>48079121
Right, the move maintain is to pin. The standard and swift grapple would still net 2 doubled unarmed attacks.
Also, Tetori gets constrict at 15, and Final Embrace requires being a naga or serpent. But other than that it seems my order of operations was correct?
>>
need advice guys...
trying to build myself an arcanist for an upcoming Iron Gods campaign.

Not sure if I should go with Twilight Sage, School Savant or Vanilla.

Twilight Sage's Consume Life will obviously blow with constructs, but no idea how many there will be. I like the sound of School Savant, but 3 exploits and the first one at lvl 5? Seems quite expensive.

Opinions?

Available stats are: 8, 8, 10, 15, 17, 18
>>
>>48080154
School Savant is an incredible option, since it gives you access to more spells prepared each day, and the level 5 exploit is not that expensive considering there are only about 5 really good exploits anyway.

As for stats, assuming those are before racials, the 18 should obviously go to Int. Charisma is surprisingly unnecessary for an Arcanist, since the exploits that use Cha are pretty bad. In the end, I would run 8 Str, 17 Dex, 15 Con, 18 Int, 10 Wis, 8 Cha, and probably pick Human to pump Int to 20 without harming Con like an Elf would.
>>
>>48080282
thanks mate. what school would you suggest? admixture or teleport?
>>
>>48080475
Definitely teleport if it's just between those two. Foresight is probably the best one though if you're open to divination.
>>
File: master chef.png (233 KB, 1744x883) Image search: [Google]
master chef.png
233 KB, 1744x883
anyone got any stuff related to cooking?

i wanted to make a hunter that actively cooks, both what he has caught and just regular meals for breakfast and supper, etc. just to get away from "i strike a ration of my list" into camping out in the woods being more engaging and fun. but i don't have a whole lot of recipes on hand right now, and just general inspiration would be nice
>>
>>48080517
love the powers, but having to prepare divination spells in that extra slot sucks, IMHO
>>
>Illumination: Lux's offensive abilities mark all affected enemies with light energy for 6 seconds. Her basic attacks and Final Spark consume the mark, dealing 18 - 154 (based on level) (+ 20% AP) magic damage.
>>
>>48080575

Well, there's always Dungeon Meshi.

>>48080724

...And what precisely are we to do with this information?
>>
>>48080146
>imminent rape
>>
File: 1377024292039.jpg (17 KB, 183x226) Image search: [Google]
1377024292039.jpg
17 KB, 183x226
>>48078353

Dude, here's my advice.

1 cup Lime Vodka, 1 cup Lemonade, 2 cups Sprite. Mix and drink. It's called a summer hummer, and if you're like me you'll find your tongue loosening in all sorts of wonderful ways.
>>
>>48080575
Recipes vary wildly based around both the environment and the tools available at hand, especially in regards to camp cooking.

The Survival skill can be used to check and know what all is edible in the area and to gather them. Common recipes involve using hot coals, a clay or foil cooking thing to bury in the coals, and filling it with assorted meats, tubers, veggies, and ground spices all wropped in some manner of leafy edible vegitable, something like a cabbage, and heating them in the coals until fully cooked

Smoking meat can be simple, if overly time consuming, involving making a form of covered fire tent, feeding the fire with smoky wood, and having some way to let the meat soak in the smoke and heat. Salting and/or brining ahead of time is preferable, but also take a good long while

If you want quick food, stick to mammals since its easier to skin them than to pluck a fowl

What areas and locations do you plan on visiting, and what kind of creatures live there, if you don't mind me asking. that might help out

>>48080724
wrong thread bucko
>>
>>48080575
>i wanted to make a hunter that actively cooks, both what he has caught and just regular meals for breakfast and supper, etc. just to get away from "i strike a ration of my list" into camping out in the woods being more engaging and fun. but i don't have a whole lot of recipes on hand right now, and just general inspiration would be nice

Profession (Cook), Knowledge (Nature) and Survival are literally everything you need to become a master chef in the wilderness.

One gives you the ability to consistently make good food, the second gives you the knowledge of what plants are herbs and which critters are especially delicious, and Survival helps you catch them in the first place.
>>
>>48080835
>no K. Arcana for magical beasts, dragons, etc.
>no K. Dungeoneering for aberrations
P L E B E I A N
L E B E I A N P
E B E I A N P L
B E I A N P L E
E I A N P L E B
I A N P L E B E
A N P L E B E I
N P L E B E I A
>>
>>48080878

NOBODY WANTS TO EAT ABERRATIONS YOU WEIRDO.
>>
>>48080900
>Hasn't read Dungeon Meshi
People are looking for a cook here, not a cuck.
>>
>>48080900
Says you. And that still leaves K. Arcana.
>>
>>48080900
Dude, they're a delicacy in the east
>>
File: DunMeshFrog.png (520 KB, 717x562) Image search: [Google]
DunMeshFrog.png
520 KB, 717x562
>>48080900
>he DOESN'T want to eat Aberrations
>>
>>48080900
Have you ever had an overstuffed gibbering mouther liver? It's delicious.
>>
>>48080930
>>48080944
>>48080952
>>48080960
>>48080963

Oh my *god* you guys are DORKS.
>>
>>48080900
It's like calamari, except there's more of it, it's everywhere, it grows while you eat and may do terrible things to your mind if you stay in the room while it cooks.
>>
>>48080900
>implying Ochre Jelly Souffle wouldn't be great
>implying a properly seasoned Aboleth calamari with scalloped tojanida, some diced onions, and tomatillios wouldn't make for an amazing dungeon ceviche
whatever dork
>>
File: DunMeshVegetables.jpg (81 KB, 457x407) Image search: [Google]
DunMeshVegetables.jpg
81 KB, 457x407
>>48080992
>Oh my *god* you guys are DORKS
>says the guy in the pathfinder thread, on 4chan

do you know where you are, friend?
>>
>>48080900

Is everyone responding to this now? I'm responding to this now.
>>
>>48080992
>is posting on 4chan
>is implying surprise that we are dorks
>is implying he isn't
>>
>>48080992
>Oh my *god* you guys are DORKS
nice blogposting. liked, commented, and subscribed
>>
>>48080992
>Oh gosh anon, why your such a loser
>>
>>48081069
>>48080992
Wow, its just like in real life
>>
>>48080992
I sure am, and I'm okay with that.
>>
>Starting at 1st level, a knight-chandler can empower her attacks with a brilliant luminescence. Whenever the knight-chandler hits a creature with an attack, she can choose to have her target become outlined as if by a faerie fire spell, with a caster level equal to the knight-chandler’s initiator level. Successive uses of this ability against the same creature do not stack; instead, they extend the duration.
>>
>>48081307
Okay
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>48081307

Hey guys, if I wanted to play a Bretonnian Grail Knight would the Knight-Chandler be my best analogue?
>>
>>48080724
>>48081307

I see, you're pointing out the thematic similarity?
>>
>>48081365
Nah there is a Skald archetype based on Arthurian legend, check it out:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/skald/archetypes/paizo---skald-archetypes/battle-scion-skald-archetype
>>
>>48081444

>Once and Future Scion (Su)

Damn they weren't even trying to hide it, weren't they.

Question is, why is the Arthurian Knight archetype for Skald when it *should* be for the Cavalier?
>>
>>48080575
How about this?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/book-of-marvelous-recipes
>>
>>48078191
What would be the most appropriate mystery for an oracle of Shelyn? Wind?
>>
>>48081487

>28.8k for a book that is almost entirely worthless outside of fluff

Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why didn't they make this 4k?

>>48081506

Life. Shelyn loves babies more than she loves sex.
>>
>>48081475
Because fuck martials. Skald has spells.
>>
>>48079829
Wtf is a session 0? Just collab chargen?
>>
>>48081554

Yes, Session 0 is when the DM sits everyone down and explains the campaign, the tone, and the general setting while letting everyone talk shop about their character ideas.
>>
>>48081523
>cuck doesn't understand what heroes' feast is
>>
>>48081554
Basically. Collab chargen, world learning, and perhaps some scene-setting.
>>
>>48081523
Wouldn't life be healing domain? Love is charm (which has no mysteries I think?).
>>
>>48081554

That, plus general campaign briefing and a chance to get a handle on what everyone expects and should expect out of the game.
Useful for some groups, less so for others, but I personally like having one before we start the game proper.
>>
>>48081574

So is there a non-hero equivalent of the book, you miserable pile of cuckoldry?
>>
>>48081600
>Wouldn't life be healing domain? Love is charm (which has no mysteries I think?).

Shelyn isn't into charming spells, she wants the love to be genuine and non-magical.

Life is important because Shelyn supports the continuation of life and love, and the best representation of that is the creation of new life. There's a reason Shelyn loves parents and children more strongly than the a pair of lovestruck lovers.
>>
>>48081610
..Yes. It's called a book. It's fluff. If it MUST have a mechanical advantage, make it your Masterwork Tool or something.
>>
>>48081610
The point of the book is heroes' feast. A plain +X bonus to a skill is just 100 gp per point^2. Also, you use cuck unironically? Pathetic.
>>
>>48080575
One of the organizations in PoW, the Ordo du Repas Exotiqe, is EXACTLY what you want. Also provide ingested poison immunity in case you eat something that objects too hard.
>>
>>48078868
100 + 1 = 101.
100 - 1 = 99.

The 100 is a living being. The +1 is positive energy. The -1 is negative energy.

Now, on the other hand, -100 +1 = -99. That is because positives numbers lower negative numbers.

Positive + Positive = larger positive.
Negative + Negative = larger negative.

Positive + Negative or vice versa. Smaller numbers. Regardless of which side you are, 0 is pretty much dead.
>>
>>48080992
>>48080930
>>48080900
>>48081029

This entire exchange is making me giggle like a schoolgirl
>>
>>48081610
A 1/day, use-activated item of Heroes Feast is 26400gp.

A +4 competence bonus is 1600.

This puts the total cost of such an item at 28,000, just 800 below the price of the Book of Marvelous Recipes.

And the book also lets you make profession: cook checks untrained.
>>
File: 1467462743866.png (1 MB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
1467462743866.png
1 MB, 1000x1412
How would I make pic related?
>>
>>48081639
>Shelyn isn't into charming spells
She literally has the charm domain and love subdomain.
She is also specifically not the goddess of fertility, it's literally in her fluff page on the wiki.
>>
>>48079024
c-can someone actually reply to this cause I still feel shitty about it
>>
>>48081736
Actually no wait, doesn't putting multiple things on the same item increase the price of the lower one by 50%?

So the competence bonus' price increases by 800, putting it squarely at 28800, which is what the book costs, with the 'untrained' thing as a freebie.
>>
File: 1466902309237.png (351 KB, 428x459) Image search: [Google]
1466902309237.png
351 KB, 428x459
>>48081777
Get outta here you damn memegoblin.
>>
>>48081743
Owlbear
>>
>>48081743
Four easy steps for you:
1) You'll need some rope and a chair
2) Tie the rope into a noose and afix it to the ceiling
3) Climb on the chair and put the noose around your neck
4) Jump
>>
>>48081754
Get the kid a copy of Gamers (Gog has it. https://www.gog.com/movie/the_gamers_directors_cut ) and apologize. Easiest way to explain it would be "You know the time you're playing a video game and you have a really boring grind before the boss? Your brother brought you that day."
>>
File: Iron_defender.jpg (38 KB, 320x277) Image search: [Google]
Iron_defender.jpg
38 KB, 320x277
>>48081743
Artificer from Eberron.

Iron defender, modified ranged weapon with spells in it.
>>
>>48081836
Don't let that edge cut you on the way out, poindexter
>>
>>48081754
Next time run a one shot or wait until you can. Next time never, ever introduce someone to the hobby through Pathfinder. Next time be better.
>>
Yo, N. Jolly here from Legendary Games, figured I'd come by and drop off the playtest for Legendary Vigilantes. I've stopped by here before to talk, so I figured I'd see what pfg has to say about this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
(Everything is pending) Critique please

Combat Proficiency: Combat proficiencies represent a character's combat training or innate talent in the weapon arts.

All full BAB classes receive 4 combat proficiencies from first level, 3/4 BAB classes receive 2 combat proficiencies and 1/2 BAB classes receive no combat proficiencies.

Combat proficiencies may be taken as feats.
>>
>>48081930
My RP-focused sessions are said to be rather entertaining, so I think if she comes back next week I can make it entirely RP and she'll understand how this game can actually be fun.

I've also GM'd for a ton of brand new players, actually. Once people get over being intimidated by the numbers they've all come to really enjoy it. I just... never put them through 6 hours of combat on their very first day before. God damn.
>>
>>48081964
Something something shills. I'm on my phone right now and can't read your doc, so could you give a quick rundown of what this actually is? Vigilantes, obviously, but what are you doing with them? Why should I care?
>>
File: Emperor TF.png (4 MB, 1768x992) Image search: [Google]
Emperor TF.png
4 MB, 1768x992
>>48079409
I don't even know what that is.

Any case, here's what went down. The cute girl had two or less hours of sleep the previous night, another player had a hangover and was kinda grumpy, and the third guy was playing his character like he was a creepy autist.

Session lasted about two and a half hours before the two former called it, citing hunger and exhaustion, and left. Third guy gave them a ride home while telling me I did a good job.

Next week, I'm definitely going to have this Entomed With the Pharaohs pegged. I hope. ;_;
>>
>>48082035
Basically rustling up some new archetypes for things like becoming dragons, Hajime no Ippo style boxers, losing the dual identity for an archetype, being a power ranger, and other jazz like that. Also a ton of new vigilante talents, prestige class about basically owning a city, and things like that.
>>
>>48082073
Neat. I'll have to check out the dragon one. Do you have any cool archetypes that don't touch the specialization and talents at 4, 8, 16, and 20? I know that mixing 3pps is generally a poor choice but I want to know which ones I can initiate with.
>>
>>48081743
Well I like the pic and concept, anon. I'm sorry no one else does. You could do a Hunter or Druid and try and get refluffed companions or just put cybernetic-looking barding on some wolves.
>>
>>48081747
>She is also specifically not the goddess of fertility, it's literally in her fluff page on the wiki.

Who is the official goddess of fertility in Pathfinder?

I'm looking for the goddess of fertility that isn't a horrible monster mash.
>>
>>48081964
Seems enterdasting.

I'll give it a look-see
>>
>>48081836
This is you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvBo_rKleNw
>>
>>48082103
Dragon champion doesn't, I think that's all. Dragon champion is basically a throw on archetype that lets you add dragon shit to whatever vigilante you want.
>>
>>48082131
I'm liking Dragon Champion. Very unobtrusive, but still neat.
>>
>>48082176
D. Champ is basically something you can add to anything to either make a natural attack build work as a wildsoul (dragon spider), or help out with other archetypes. I plan on including some metabreath like effects at some point to bolster the breath side of things.
>>
>>48082035
Brief rundown, let me see what we've got here..

>Arsenal Summoner
Gains a sentient weapon a lá blackblade magus, can summon it from hammerspace, later can do the same with shields and armour

>Beast Born
Gets an animal companion, wildshape

>Dragon Champion
Pick a dragon type, emulate that dragon, slowly become that dragon

>Dynamic Striker.
Kung-fu, hand-to-hand onepunching

>Exposed Vigilante
No dual identity, locked out of some social talents, gain bonus skills and social talents, always count as being in both identities, any vigilante can gain this archetype by spending a week training into it, and can lose this archetype by spending a week training out.

>Fortune Thief
Gain witch hexes, gain luck points, luck points can be spent to reroll skills or get +1 to ATK/DMG for CHA rounds, other fortune-related abilities

>Masked Grappler
Luchadore, don't lie.

>Noble Soul
Gain a Paladin feature (either Smite Evil or Lay on Hands), and some talents that buff those.

>Protean Prowler
Gain a few evolution points, spend them as if bipedal eidolon OR spend them on transmutation spells

>Sentai Soldier
Become a semi-kineticist, gain a HENSHIN ring or amulet as a bonded object, allows you to transform as per Magical Child

>Shadow Sentinel
Shadow Clone no Jutsus.

And then just a pile of new feats and talents for everyone.

All in all, pretty cool.
>>
>>48081964
Oh sweet. I just ended up winning 4 of your guy's books at a convention. I'll take a look at this as well.
>>
>>48082129
Is this one of those crappy vids that are supposed to make you vegan?
>>
>>48081964
Aw shit nigger, I just got hold of your Legendary Rogues book, and it's fucking top notch. Seriously, that shit's helpful as hell.

Only real complaint is that it sorta wedges Sneak Attack into being forced to debuff rather than kill, but it at least made it workable.
>>
>>48082203
Fun fact, Sslarn's Luchador came out after I'd already sent him my notes for Masked Grappler.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tq13?DSP-Akashic-Mysteries-Feelkha-Guru-Themed-as#4
>>
>>48082289
Oh, I wasn't accusing you of plagiarism or anything, I didn't even know Sslarn HAD a luchadore. I just meant, this is clearly 100% a luchadore.
>>
>>48082234
Ha, I wish I did LR, but that as someone else. LG is pretty chill about putting out nice stuff though.
>>
>>48082317
It's all good, I just didn't want anyone calling fraud on me without earning it.
>>
>>48082320
Wait, what? You didn't? Who did? I thought it was Legendary Games.
>>
>>48082352
Dude, multiple writers can work for the same group.
>>
>>48082352
Legendary Games has a lot of people working for it, so there's a ton of authors writing different things. I just started there pretty recently with Legendary Kineticists (since Paizo can't be assed to do a kineticist supplement), although for some reason the writer's name isn't on the cover.
>>
>>48082348
>Looking at Godmetals of Porphyra
I wonder why some people associate LG with plagiarism....
>>
>>48082399
>Godmetals of Porphyra
Isn't that Purple Duck?
>>
>>48082399
That was Purple Duck Games (which I also worked for), but I'm not even going to try and defend that, that was straight up robbery.
>>
>>48081987
Ok, isnt this stepping too much on the fighter?
Otherwise, not bad
>>
>>48082431
So LG just stole Porphyra as a whole instead?
>>
>>48082491
Anon, he's a freelancer. He freelances. He works for the companies that hire him. DSP's habit of retaining people and working with them long-term is not the usual habit; our team environment is not necessarily how anyone else operates.
>>
>>48082509
So? The point of a freelancer is that you don't own the IP. The company you work for does. This is basic, Gareth. Or are you saying that you would own the idea of Golarion if you did freelance work for Paizo?
>>
>>48082525
...See now I just have no idea what you're on about. What exactly are you accusing Jolly /of/?
>>
>>48082549
I think that guy can't tell the difference between Purple Duck and Legendary.
>>
>>48081987
>>48082436
Also, you work too slowly
>>
>>48082399
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1461671975933.jpg (535 KB, 1050x960) Image search: [Google]
1461671975933.jpg
535 KB, 1050x960
>>48081964

Genius Vigilante needs to be compatible with archetype features.
>>
>>48082549
Let me translate for a second here.

Both Purple Duck and Legendary Games have published "- of Porphyra" content. Anon is saying that since the Lands of Porphyra setting was published by Purple Duck, then Legendary must be plagiarizing the entire setting by writing supplements for it. This accusation has nothing to do with his earlier (accurate) accusation that Godmetals of Porphyra was plagiarism.
>>
>>48082657
Shaz, I forgot that. That'll be updated.
>>
>>48082677
I'm not finding any "- of Porphyra" here: http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/l/legendaryGames/pfrpg by them, anon.
>>
>>48082644
He is referencing Godmetals of Porphyra which is literally just a pdf of the Golarion starmetals with a different name slapped on.

It was published by Purple Duck however and not LG.
>>
>>48082734
This would be because there are none, anon is confusing "Legendary Vigilantes" with "Vigilantes of Porphyra".
>>
>>48082755
More likely, they're conflating this "Legendary Vigilantes" supplement with Purple Duck's "Legendary" line. (Incidentally, Anons, despite Purple Duck's reputation, I strongly recommend Legendary Classes - Covenant Magic and Legendary Classes - Rune Magic. They're quite good. Rune Magic has a class whose class feature is that they're a mute who speaks in subtitles.)
>>
>>48082755
Fun fact part 2: A friend of mine is actually writing Vigilantes of Porphyra.
>>
>>48082801

>Mute who speaks in subtitles

So what you're saying is that we could potentially make a character who unironically uses the line "[hostile chirping]"?
>>
>>48082818
Scandalous! I bet you put your hands all over each other's notes and pressure each other into sharing ideas you can't fit inside your doc
>>
>>48082843
Theirs has an archetype that literally makes you able to grow a mustache at will due to how manly you are. I can't compete with that.
>>
>>48082839
>Voiceless (Su):
>The runecaster sacrifices his voice for his magic. At 1st level, the runecaster loses the ability to speak, scream, whisper, or make any vocal utterance. Whenever the runecaster would speak, it instead manifests as glowing script that hangs in the air around the runecaster’s head for a few moments before vanishing.
>If the runecaster is attempting to make “louder sounds” (as if he were shouting), the script appears larger and glows more noticeably. If the runecaster is attempting to make “softer sounds” (as if whispering), the script appears smaller and fades quickly.
>The script glows and can be seen in the dark, though it cannot illuminate anything around it. The script manifests as the normal written form of the language the runecaster is speaking. If the language has no written form, it manifests using the Old Porphyran alphabet.
>Though voiceless, a runecaster can still cast wordspells with the vocal component. Their utterance is seen in a soundless cloud of powerful runes. They are able to use command word magic items, trigger speech-based puzzles and traps, and their singing would appear as a series of floating runes. They cannot, however, communicate their meaning to the illiterate.

You could make a character whose "vocal components" consisted entirely of image macro memes. Of course, to do so effectively, they'd need to be some flavour of shapeshifter. Perhaps an Eberronite changeling..

>>48082874
I cannot express how it warms my heart that the spirit of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is alive and well in the 3pp community.
>>
>>48082742
So, because it's against Paizo it's okay and less offensive?
>>
Also dynamic roll is the only way I could think to do Ippo's Demsey roll, since anyone who punches people should be able to do that.
>>
>>48082912
It's not okay.

But it's also not RELEVANT. Nobody from Purple Duck is HERE, this ISN'T a Porphyra supplement, this is Legendary Games with a (presumably?) setting-agnostic Vigilante splatbook. Why are you so hung up on this?
>>
>>48082912
Nah its still a shitty thing to do. I mean how uncreative must you be if you have to steal from PAIZO?
>>
>>48082936
Paizo actually can make some good shit unlike others, when they're not being shitlords
>>
File: 51402039_p0.png (635 KB, 700x1010) Image search: [Google]
51402039_p0.png
635 KB, 700x1010
>>48082686

>If you possess an archetype that would grant you the ability to cast spells, you can decide to use your Intelligence modifier to determine spells per day, bonus spells, spell DCs, social and vigilante talent DCs, and other effects using your Intelligence modifier.

>but if your archetype DOESN'T grant spells, then fuck you, use Charisma anyway

Come on.
>>
>>48083072
What, spellcaster are the only people who get nice things.

(Editing now)
>>
File: AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>48081964
>>48082203
>mfw reading through these archetypes
>one of them is literally "basically the agathiel, except not shit"
>motherfucker with a hammerspace black blade
>"gain witch hexes" already has me sold
>MOTHERFUCKING
>D R A G O N S
>more shit for the vigilante in general
>MORE STUFF FOR THE VIGILANTE

BONER STATUS: DIAMONDS
>>
>>48083107
Okay, for fortune thief, are luck talents too weak? Should some be combined? That was something I was actually worried about here.
>>
File: 1457734659605.jpg (6 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1457734659605.jpg
6 MB, 3000x3000
>>48083090
>You can decide to use your Intelligence modifier to determine spells per day, bonus spells, spell DCs, social and vigilante talent DCs, and other effects using your Intelligence modifier.

>and other effects

"Okay, I'll just use my Intelligence instead of Charisma for everything."

You can't word this feat for shit, can you?
>>
>>48083145
I cannot, I've revised it like 3 times while doing this, I think I'll take some time to specifically word this instead of trying to quick fix it.
>>
>>48083140
I actually haven't looked at anything very thoroughly yet, and my ability to figure out balance is absolute ass, but once I read through it I'll get back to you.

Seriously though, more vigilante stuff that isn't ass is A+ in my book, especially after the utter disappointment of the Spymaster's Handbook. Especially the Agathiel archetype. That shit's a poorly worded disaster that ranges from "mildly useful" to "utterly useless"
>>
>>48083183
An archetype with a lot of potential but a pretty trash execution. Beast Born is basically my attempt to fix it.
>>
>>48083202
But the agathiel can get pounce.
>>
File: DaS Sif 01.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DaS Sif 01.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>48083202
The main problem with it is that a synthesist summoner does "all day, transform into one animal" better. Agathiel should have just stolen the Synthesist Summoner transformation rules, maybe using unchained Agathian base, instead of trying to use a gimped beast shape. That would have been worth losing all those talents.

Beast Born is cool, though. It doesn't deliver the same concept, but it's mechanically solid as far as I can tell and would be fun to play.

>>48083242
It's still shit. As far as the wording is concerned, you're locked to one animal.
>>
>>48083242
I'm fine with them needing to select mad rush to gain pounce with the level of versatility with wild shape.
>>
>>48083162
Look at DSP's Living Legend. They did something similar for that soulknife archetype. The wording's OGL, just use it.
>>
>>48083242
>>48083302
Actually, doesn't wildshape give pounce at level 6, since it functions "as beast shape II"? That's even earlier than the Agathiel would get pounce (level 8), and it even can get the other animal abilities, which the Agathiel can't do until level... 12?
>>
>>48083321
Cool, I'll check that out and throw it onto this, thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>48083321
Forrest will be flattered.
>>
>>48083340
Specifically, this:

>Scholar (Ex): A living legend uses his Intelligence instead of his Wisdom for any soulknife ability he gains, such as blade skills that rely on Wisdom for determining save DC. He also uses his Intelligence instead of his Wisdom for abilities gained from prestige classes that advance his mind blade.

Just swap the class name and ability examples.

>A CLASSNAME uses his Intelligence instead of his Charisma for any vigilante ability he gains, such as the save DCs of his vigilante talents, or the bonus spells and spell save DCs of the zealot vigilante archetype.
>>
>>48080146
naga, serpentfolk, or creature that has the constrict special attack

It may be too late, but no, you do not need to be a naga or serpent folk. But if you are a naga or serpentfolk, you don't need the constrict special attack.
>>
>>48083531
And edited! Thanks a lot for the suggestions and the relevant text!
>>
File: ChaikaEyebrows.gif (276 KB, 400x375) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaEyebrows.gif
276 KB, 400x375
>>48081964
So, quick question regarding a lot of those talents: Would you consider making any of them (deft shot, to name one) compatible with the Warlock's Mystic Bolts, and would you ever consider making any talents explicitly for the Warlock? Ya know, just out of curiosity. Idle curiosity. Yup.

Gotta know if people are edging in on my niche, ya know what I mean.
>>
>>48083531
Should feats give something similar to the martial classes?
>>
>An integrated weapon is considered a natural attack, but if the augmented creature is capable multiple attacks with the weapon it keeps those attacks. The cost of this augmentation is as normal plus the cost of the weapon.

Does this mean the creature gains regular BAB iterative attacks on this integrated natural weapon, and then the rest of its natural attack sequence?
>>
>>48083689
I'd be cool with adding mystic bolt to the list. I haven't thought about spellcasting specific vigi talents, but there's certainly room there that could be explored. I know the author of the upcoming Vigilantes of Porphyra has some ideas like that in their book.
>>
File: 1466944912185.jpg (220 KB, 1047x1572) Image search: [Google]
1466944912185.jpg
220 KB, 1047x1572
>>48083652
How else, aside from waiting until lvl 15 Tetori, would a non-serpent come about the constrict ability?
I'm a half-orc if that matters.
>>
File: 1465978758304.png (342 KB, 716x402) Image search: [Google]
1465978758304.png
342 KB, 716x402
>>48081836

1) Create a noose out of cheese wire, piano wire, anything that can easily cut through bone

2) Lead head through noose.

3) Don't jump yet!

4) Super glue hands on to head

5a) Jump! It'll look like you pulled off your own head!

5b) Don't jump! Wait for someone to find you, scream for help, go into rehabilitation and take some therapy, be prescribed pills and learn to enjoy life. Cope with the cards you've been dealt and learn to make your experience one that will prove to be enjoyable for not only yourself but others as well.
>>
>>48083397
>>48083687
>>48083531
I love seeing cooperation and mutual benefit.

You guys warm my heart
>>
>>48083788
The main way I know about is either a polymorph effect or Steel Serpent. I believe there's a third level stance that gives you the constrict special ability, which is really nice with Final Embrace, Final Embrace Horror and Final Embrace Master, because you essentially get grab for free with it.

In fact, that feat is essentially how serpents get constrict/grab, because it's 'constrict OR naga/serpentfolk'
>>
>>48083803
I appreciate any help I can get. I never write with an ego, and I came here for everyone's thoughts, so I'm not going to turn down any help. You've all been aces in my book!
>>
>>48083836
As long as you can tolerate some vitriol and at some excessive aggression/unexpected bluntness, the people here are relatively decent.

Unless they're Buildposter. Don't ever respond to Buildposter.
>>
>>48080952
>delicacy
another word for "this is disgusting but people eat it anyways"
>>
So lads.

If one were to hypothetically make a Doom Marine archetype, what sort of things do you think it should have/would you like to see? I'm thinking for Fighter, despite the mind immediately jumping to Barbarians.

Considering that RIP AND TEAR is already assumed?
>>
>>48083836
Preach it, brother
>>
File: tumblr_ngc6avgyoy1sjtem1o1_500.png (531 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngc6avgyoy1sjtem1o1_500.png
531 KB, 497x732
>>48083836
You're an A+ dude, Jolly.

Rock on.
>>
>>48083836
Expect some swearing, and we'll use bad words sometimes when we really don't like an ability or effect or the like, but other than that you can happily sic us on each-other to autism the finer numbers and test-builds of whatever you need a crash-test rating for.
>>
>>48081987
Replace characters with creatures
>>
Does Google Dos require sign in to use and edit?
>>
>>48083881
I really appreciate that, I'll have to stop in more often. This is Legendary Games' first playtest, so I'll have to let the other writers know that as long as they're willing to be reasonable and listen to criticism, there's quite a bit of value to be had in taking new ideas and concepts here.
>>
>>48083930
Not as far as I know.
>>
>>48083881
I'LL CRASH TEST YOUR SCROTUM WITH MY BOOT, NERD
>>
File: ChaikaSlowSmile.gif (664 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaSlowSmile.gif
664 KB, 500x282
>>48083752
I'm asking mainly because I got pissed off at the Vigilante's Warlock archetype being so poorly supported, so went and made the Stregone, an entire class revolving around Mystic Bolts. If you guys intend to do anything that modifies the Warlock, I'd want to keep up with it on principle, since the the archetype is still really cool to me. Might even be worth swapping notes, lord knows I'm looking at the Bloody Empowerment talent and getting plenty of ideas.

Plus, my GM might be more willing to greenlight something made by a "real dev" than the mess of homebrew I have.
>>
>>48083945
This made me giggle. I wasn't expecting that
>>
>>48082055
Session 0 is where you (the GM) sit down with the players to get an idea of what they are making for characters, give them an idea of what the campaign is going to entail, and generally work OOC to both get the party into a cooperative state and get them set on the right kind of path to being a part of a group.

It's not always necessary, but it sounds like your group needed one.

I'm sorry it went down the way you described it, and I highly suggest either contacting them and asking the following:
>describe their character's outlook, not just personality but also how their backstory affected their personality, and how it will affect their future choices
>why their character would be interested in working with the rest of the group, for whatever purposes they want to impose on the campaign (which can be sidelined until later levels at the very least, if not ignored entirely in favor of the primary campaign story)
>if they would be okay with retconning the first session in order to have a group discussion about character creation, development, and cooperation prior to the outset of the campaign

I'm not saying you have to do this, but it will extend the life of your campaign by sidestepping issues between characters that are, while possibly RP'd well, straight-up conflicting in any way.
>>
>>48083934
Just remember, think things over on advice. Not just from here, from anywhere. The knee-jerk reaction isn't always the exact right solution, even if it might be the right direction potentially.
>>
>>48083947
This playtest is running for 2-3 weeks, so if you want to leave some notes on the doc about ideas you have, I'd be chill with looking them over, hopefully hammering out something with you that would work for you and this project.

BTWay, deft shots now works with mystic bolts, you're welcome.
>>
>>48083947
>become partners
>jolly rancher and stregosaurus become best buds
>produce the perfect functional warlock
Is this /pfg/'s new OTP?
>>
>>48083836
You helped me make a kineticist that doesn't suck.
Well not without the 3pp backing of course (how's that everyman:kineticists one? you gave it a good rating but it didn't say much about how that one works. Don't have it, myself).

The Sentai soldier seems pretty fun, needs more giant robot though. Needs more Type-Gamma Megazords
>>
>>48083971
Noted, I don't plan on changing everything on suggestions, but there was a lot of things that I was shaky about that have been nudged in one direction or another by comments by people here. I just enjoy collaboration myself.
>>
File: 1440549933756.jpg (144 KB, 962x627) Image search: [Google]
1440549933756.jpg
144 KB, 962x627
>>48083727
>>
>>48083974
Hey! You're still here!

I have a question.

What other classes have you made/considered making archetypes for?
>>
>>48084064
Well I have a currently unfinished warpriest doc sitting in my doc file that one day I want to finish, but at the moment LG has tapped me for most of my ideas at the moment. And are you asking about the vigilante in particular, or just in general?
>>
Hey guys, new to Pathfinder and starting a campaign with some buddies of mine. Anyway, my character is a LN human slayer and her whole deal is that she was born into this clan of executioners for a really backwards town and she's kind of a country bumpkin. She's really big on justice and sees her job as kind of just a necessary thing, doesn't question it too much. Anyway, I'm wondering if there's some cool god I can have her worship. Like a god of justice that isn't too moralfaggy. I was thinking of Pharasma or Dranngvit, but neither looks exactly right.
>>
>>48084061
Daily reminder that this pic is fake.
Daily reminder that frogs only pose like that when stressed.
Daily reminder that frog is terrified.
>>
The sad thing about the vigilante class is that even under the Path of War archetype for it and with all the options from both Ssalarn and N. Jolly's vigilante playtests, it is still outdone by a Path of War: Expanded stalker (vigilante) with Intelligence-swap traits/feats.
>>
>>48084089
Just in general, thanks.

Have you ever considered other systems, or is Pathfinder special to you?
>>
>>48084041

Speaking of kineticist, what are my best options if I'm limited to 1pp only? Converting my playgroup is an uphill battle.
>>
>>48084135
air/earth/aether combos are the best, but it'd be better just to play another class.
>>
>>48084135
any other class.

If you're limited to 1pp only, there's no hope for you.
>>
>>48084124
Aside from Warpriest, I want to do a book of unchained monk stuff, as I really like that.

And really, I know PF well enough to the point where I'm comfortable working with it. I've learned a bit of 5e, and I'd like to work with it eventually, but at the moment I have my hands full with my guides and PF 3p.
>>
>>48084095

To be fair, the vigilante stalker is mostly combat focused, with only social abilities coming from investigator talents.

Whereas vigilantes can do semi-decent in both social and combat areas.
>>
File: 1411119986452.png (13 KB, 371x415) Image search: [Google]
1411119986452.png
13 KB, 371x415
>>48084188
Cool beans. I'm interested in what you've got cooking for Warpriest, do share when you feel you have something worth sharing.
>>
>>48084163
Or there's always Kineticists of Porphyra/Legendary Kineticist, written by a certain heroic person some may know..
>>
>>48084227
Not helpful for 1pp, though.
>>
>>48084215
Will do, right now I need to get back to that guide and finish it, since I generally like writing guides for classes so I know the holes. If FedoraFerret on Paizo hadn't already written a vigilante guide, I'd have probably written one myself.
>>
>>48082889
>I cannot express how it warms my heart that the spirit of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is alive and well in the 3pp community.
God, I forgot about that fucking show. Good times, gooooooood times.
>>
>>48084197
>What is inspiration?
>>
>>48084227
So, tell me about your Kineticist archetype, how does it make the class not shit?
>>
>>48084197
>>48084258
Inspiration and 6 + Int skill points on an Intelligence class.
>>
>>48084271
Which one? I've written...like 15 for it between all 4 books, although mutations from KOP 3 help the most. That and the unchained one I put up online for a bit.

Mutations did things like either halved burn damage or removed that god awful -4 level garbage from Extra Wild Talent and Expanded Element. I don't have enough time to go into it in detail, but suffice it to say, with those books, Kineticist have actual feats worth taking.
>>
>>48084317
>Unchained Kineticist
What. Where does this thing exist?
>>
>>48084227
Who?
>>
How the fuck do you guys find the time to create stuff?
I work in a profession that doesn't allow that much free time unfortunately
>>
Hey guys, so I want to speak with anyone ITT who knows a significant amount about the lore surrounding Cheliax and/or it's big noble families.

One of my players has approached me with a replacement PC, a distant member of the House Henderthane, and the wiki and my collected searches have revealed a whole lot of nothing about them.

Basically, I just need to create some interesting story about a satellite splinter of the family that lives in Korvosa, so I can weave them into the plot.
>>
File: SGCarolIsFlattered.jpg (308 KB, 534x680) Image search: [Google]
SGCarolIsFlattered.jpg
308 KB, 534x680
>>48083974
I'll see what if I can squeeze out something helpful, then. Hopefully I can reign in my obsessiveness when it comes to warlock, but considering I almost typed out a whole essay on why Mystic Bolts were shit, I make no promises on this.

The short version, though: they have shit scaling (no damage, no range), their one form of "scaling" requires them to spend their swift action every turn (arcane striker talent), and Mystic Bolts get totally shut down by any resistances at all

>>48084016
B-but anon, all I want to do is provide people with the means to obliterate their foes!
>>
>>48084332
Let me see if it's still in my drafts, this was an attempt without team KOP, so it's still rough.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vJv4fIGy5FZi3xHoLstXkROZLSip5rJWWczG0frNxdA/edit?usp=sharing

>>48084336
No one knows...It could even be you!
>>
>>48084271
Most of the 3pp archetypes make kineticist non-shit. You can say people rushed to repair the broken mess.

Many of them repair or replace the burn system.
>>
>>48084360
If it makes you happier, my next character will be a shota halfling tiefling stregone.
>>
Which Kineticists of Porphyra archetypes are compatible with the Gambler?

I really want to make an Intellectual Gambler.
>>
>>48084399
Probably none, gambler replaces a LOT. I like gambler, but I need to read up more on psionics to really get a handle on it. But the base mechanics of it that I'm 100% on are just sick.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>48082929
I think we all know the answer.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.