[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 1462249031598.png (271 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
1462249031598.png
271 KB, 600x843
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Homebrew edition! Post all of your homebrew and let us judge you with smug anime girl pics. Make your claims on which homebrew should get purged from the pastebin.

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48044499
>>
>>48051225
> Since you're here, how does the Omen Rider's horse work? I know it doesn't attack and the HP/AC are spelled out, but is it treated as a creature (read: does it get feats?). Giving it Narrow Frame would be kind of nice.

From internal:

> It's got an AC, it's got hit points, it's got the same touch and flat-footed ACs as its normal AC (because there's nothing to ignore with those attacks). It's got a land speed. It acts on the harbinger's initiative and is ridden like a creature. It's immune to anything that affects an area and anything that isn't hit point damage. It has the same miss chances/immunities/resistances as the harbinger. Animals refuse to attack it. It does not have ability scores, Hit Dice, feats, skills (except for Fly when it gets a modifier for it), sapience, the ability to attack, or the ability to do anything other than move. It's not a full creature. It's closer to a phantom steed.
> It's effectively just "you have more movement and can use mounted stuff, but people can shoot that ability out from under you."

I really hope that helped because otherwise you're waiting until tomorrow when everyone wakes the hell up.
>>
>>48052914
Hellknight Trabant (Initiating Hellknight PrC): http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=351657
>>
Greetings, /tg/! It's been...far longer than I would have liked, but I've fixed up the unchained Swashbuckler a bit, and I have a new, updated and errata'd document. Most of the errata is just fixing grammatical mistakes. Really, the only noticeable changes are:
- Dueling Style's Parrying Master and Fearsome Combatant now have actual levels when they're gained
- Spear Dancing Style's Balanced Strength ability was removed following some entirely reasonable complaints that it was too strong. It's been replaced with a new version of the ability that grants bonuses to combat maneuvers, playing off of many polearms' maneuver-based weapon properties.
>>
Someone's going to post the full Mourners ebook and everyone will ignore it, thinking its the cover-posting guy. It's a brilliant strategy.
>>
File: FESaleh.png (390 KB, 473x773) Image search: [Google]
FESaleh.png
390 KB, 473x773
>>48052914
>I'm still awake when the new thread gets posted
>might as well drop homebrew

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GVTXsAAdkxpLjQFfvYzuME3lVyuhAU2chxXrK46vlbA/edit?usp=sharing

The Stregone, still a little dusty after taking it off the shelf, in all it's glory. I suppose over the weekend I can go back over everything and run some theorycraft tests to see how things hold up. Might also take suggestions for a standalone spell list, since I'm pretty sure I talked about that the last time I dropped the link.

I did throw a level 7 stregone at a few monsters 1v1, and started to wonder if the damage is ever so slightly overtuned.
>>
>>48053061
Average combat is 3-6 rounds long for a normal party. If you're meant to be a primary damage dealer, you should probably consistently kill things of your CR=ECL in 3 rounds and CR=ECL+3 in 6.
>>
>>48052975
Hold up, that pdf out yet?
>>
>>48052956
That's pretty much exactly what I wanted, thanks!
>>
File: Fuck.gif (755 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.gif
755 KB, 300x169
What do you think is going to happen in your next session?
>>
>>48053061
Well, this is easier to deal with than less... straightforward classes. This is a full-fledged damage-dealer, primarily designed around damage dealering.

Your entry/floor for optimization should allow a Stregone to reliably do just about half of an equal CR target's health in DPR (if a level 7 can't do at least 45 damage, you got a problem).

This assumes the 'obvious basics', like point-blank shot, 80+% accuracy, your to-damage stat being at least +3 and one extra attack per round (TWF, Rapid-Shot, early source of haste, etc). This of course assumes a full-attack; but down near the floor a mobile assault should at least be able to provide half as much.

A *WELL* optimized damage dealer at level 7 should be looking at a fairly reliable chance of taking down a CR8 in one round. get a second extra attack in there (most likely through haste), deadly aim, a bit more accuracy to compensate and the right knacks or equipment.

The "ceiling" should require people spending hours on refining their build and can go higher, at that point it's "let the autisms play" territory really, and we'll usually figure something out; the most strictly locked-down abilities tend to get tossed to the wayside anyways due to also screwing lower optimization.
>>
>>48053211
I need context for that.
>>
>>48053097
>Average combat is 3-6 rounds long
lolno

A remotely optimized damage dealer will ruin most enemies in a single round.
>>
>>48053220
>A *WELL* optimized damage dealer at level 7 should be looking at a fairly reliable chance of taking down a CR8 in one round.

Assuming they can, you know, full attack.
>>
>>48053211
>MFW my character is the only one who is competent at negotiations.
>MFW my party is going to be negotiating with powerful vampires the one day I can't make it.

See, this is why I'm scouting out secondary, tertiary, and quartinary fall back bases to be rented under a false identity. For fucks sake, I just wanted to play a Half-Giant with a huegbig weapon, but apparently I need to cover our operationalness.

And I'm like 99% sure half the party is going to be coming back from the negotiations as Mind Slaves. Fucking vampire and their mind control.
>>
>>48053251
>for a normal party
Optimization is obviously faster, fucktard.
>>
>>48053253
Of course. But I figured explaining that in the previous paragraph was enough.

Most pathfinder combat I've seen is 2-4 rounds, and usually against several opponents of near-CR. I'm not sure I've ever seen a fight that wasn't at least considered "challenging"; even "you guys run into 4 goblins" is a fairly serious fight at level 1; the encounter system IS calibrated (not well, but in its recommendations) around having 3-4 encounters a day, an attrition system rather than extremely swingy risk... intended anyways.

Those four CR 1/2s you're fighting at level 2 (sounds reasonable right? Well that's actually a bossfight) have about 10 health each, with probably AC 12... if you can't down one on each of your two turns and you're "a damage guy"? This could get ugly.
>>
File: Capture.png (189 KB, 478x405) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
189 KB, 478x405
As a person playing an hellknight aspiring inquisitor in a Hell's Vengeance game, I was much pleased by the hellknight splat pages someone was kind enough to post. My favorite part was the art. Some awesome full-plate pictures and a few sweet ass castles. And there was this picture. They can't all be perfect.
>>
>>48053356
Path of War 1 explodes enemies better because they don't even need full attacks. They can just fuck you up with a Rising Zenith Strike or whatever.
>>
>>48053334
Normal party isn't going to take all fucking Skill Focus on an archer, you illiterate nigger.
>>
>>48053448
>Non-optimized means nothing but skill focus
>>
File: 1459306084088.jpg (168 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
1459306084088.jpg
168 KB, 1240x1754
>>48053420
The best way to deal with that is to simply put more enemies on the board. PoW lends itself well to "the party takes on 20 goblins" in ways that martials in 3.pf always promised us, but which tends to be impossible without the kind of Charop that people want you off the table for doing.

While they can "go all day" and are a bit less abyssmal (not 'good', just that everyone else is total trash) at not-full-attacks, it's all about the action economy in the end.

They let you play on the same level as competent casters and the better not-fullcaster classes, but that means now the whole party's keeping up, so encounters don't need to be massively dumbed down or specially designed to accommodate the group either.

Remember Dynasty Warriors and have the epic battles you've denied yourself the whole damn time.
>>
>>48053491
>Implying 99% of anyone on Dynasty Warriors battlefields accomplish anything besides being window dressing.
>>
>>48053448
>>48053485
Non-Optimized means "I understand the rules more or less, and this seemed cool" level.

Class design should always be viable at this basic level. It actually takes significant system mastery to commit sudoku with well designed or even just outright powerful classes, as demonstrated in old examples of "wizard all spells random as he levels".

It's always POSSIBLE to sink your character, I used to call that min-minning but it might be more appropriate to call it terminal-stormwinding or something, given the kind that usually does this.

But purposefully fucking yourself over and "what is this class let's try it out" are worlds apart.
>>
File: knife.jpg (67 KB, 720x607) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
67 KB, 720x607
>>48053533
>not realizing PCs and bosses are the 1%
>>
>>48053018
Bushido style gives an absurdly long range to the AoOs of the swashbuckler.
When paired up with a shatter defenses build you could make attacks against everything within 30 feet over and over and over and over again.
>>
>>48053211
My players are either going to win glory and their 9th level, or they're all going to get Dominated.
>>
File: 1464838010080.jpg (894 KB, 1200x1740) Image search: [Google]
1464838010080.jpg
894 KB, 1200x1740
>>48052914
>Homebrew edition!

I made improvements to the Camazotz Homebrew race.

http://pastebin.com/svqrkUEq

Please give me your honest feedback, /pfg/
I know its slightly stronger than other races due to having blindsight, but its just too fitting to pass up.
>>
File: despair.gif (720 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
despair.gif
720 KB, 500x278
>>48052914
>mfw I never finished any of my planned homebrews
>2 classes (I don't actually know how to write classes), 3 races (which are kind of boring), some gods (which were dumb anyway)
>>
>>48053860
Night Hunter is kinda strong as an offensive trait at 1st level.

I recommend granting the +2 bonus to attack and damage only against creatures that do not possess low-light vision or darkvision while under the cover of darkness.

Also
>Favored Class: Vigilante
kek
>>
>>48053860
Its not really strong.
If you think blindsight is powerful, you clearly haven't met a creative DM.
>>
>>48053860
Blindsense is more reasonable, with blindsight at about 9th.
>>
>>48053983
This. desu, senpai.
Make blindsight a racial feat rather than a feature.
>>
>>48052956
>>48052956
>>48052956
>>48052956
>>48052956
see >>48052239

If what I write is any good I'll probably throw it at your face for publishing or whatever, Gareth.
>>
File: 1462209822593.jpg (108 KB, 736x1042) Image search: [Google]
1462209822593.jpg
108 KB, 736x1042
>>48053906
>>48053983
>>48053995
Thanks for the input. I made the changes.

http://pastebin.com/5PXpRV6q
>>
>>48054076
TIG OL' 'MURIKAN BIDDIES
THEM JAPS SURE KNOW HOW TO DOODLE 'EM, HOO BOY
>>
>>48054034
I'll ask Forrest and Jeff.
>>
Hey guys! It's homebrew edition so I may as well post it again. Does anyone want to see a reimagining of The Fighter without using Maneuvers? I have been creating a Revised Fighter that gives the fighter more Defenses and Out of Combat abilities to play with.

The concept revolves around the idea of the Fighter as a soldier and mercenary a man used to long marches, harsh conditions, and constant fighting. A man who is good at keeping himself alive and tipping the balance of battle in their favor.

For this several things have changed. For one the fighter now received Advanced Weapon & Armor training IN ADDITION to their normal Weapon & Armor training. This allows the fighter to be far more modular, giving them unique class features. To facilitate this I have added new Advanced Weapon & Armor trainings to fill out their lists, and have switched around a few of the existing in order to clarify what they do (Advanced Weapon is for Offense, Advanced Armor is for Defense).

The other thing that has been added is Advanced Equipment Training, which gives the fighter tricks to perform outside of combat. Everything from faster travel, to setting up camps, to scrounging. With Advanced Equipment training he can become a war hero and craft magic arms & armor. The Advanced Equipment training list will grow in time.

Besides this the Fighter Class Skill list has been rethought, adding new things and increasing them to 4+int modifier per level. As well Bravery has been redone.

See it all in detail here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

I brought sad anime girls, not smug ones.
>>
>>48054034
The monster classes DSP currently have are notoriously bad. They were rushed out and have minimal editing (this is evident by the typos everywhere in some of them). Their design is a bit shoddy as well. So, be warned about the monster classes, they are not the best thing DSP has made.
>>
>>48053860
That is one smug Homu
>>
>>48053018
>Fencing style still gets Improved Crit twice
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
FIX THAT SHIT ALREADY
>>
>>48054160
You turned commenting offREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48054294
I'll turn it on right now.
>>
>>48054306
I did not understand how it worked until right now. This is a link you may comment with.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48054160
>Long Haul
this kinda reminds me of the packmule archetype.

>Additionally the Fighter is treated as having the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Master Craftsman feats, but only for the purpose of making magic armor & weapons.
I think giving them the bonus to craft arms and armor is great as is. Tossing that on top without a feat investment is a little bit too much.

>Scrounger
>Camp Builder
Kinda taking over the Ranger's survivalist shtick with this one.

>Skin of his Teeth
Kinda bad. Randomly rerolling without even seeing the result is a crappy ability and doesn't actually work in an online game like on roll20.

>Iron Constitution
Why not just toss in Stalwart on top of this?

>Blind Spot
Attacking flatfooted AC with a bonus to attack instead of damage? really?
>>
>>48054361
It's not really too much on the crafting shit. They can't actually get a ton of cost reducers, so it's fine.

>Ranger
lol, nobody cares.
>>
Daring scholars, field researchers, and plucky professors, all of these are an archetype I believe needed to be addressed. I have done so through the Initiator class The Scholar. It is a mix of academic and indiano jones-esk researcher, having class features to emulate a Jeckle n' Hide like monstrous man of science or the more calm champion of academia.

The class features two main class features of interest. Harvesting Research Material and the Research Facility. The Research Facility is a mobile lab used by The Scholar to provide a number of out of combat abilities and services for the party. Giving them the ability to craft magic items, contact the dead, store bodies, perform surgery, even teleport at higher levels. The other feature, Harvest Research Material is the bloody job of taking samples from creatures both living and dead. This gives The Scholar bonuses, allows them to inflict statuses, minuses to saves, and more. Harvest Research Material is also the class's recovery mechanic, allowing them to make a melee touch attack to harvest a material, and regain maneuvers.

Check it out here!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing

More sad anime girls. Also the link allows commenting this time
>>
>>48053211
I'll probably hastily make something for my players again. I've got ideas all over the place for my campaign, it's just I have no clue how to order them all because I want to do them all yet none of it will make sense.
>>
>>48054375
I'll show you an Unchained Ranger!
I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!!
>>
File: 1464240335832.png (825 KB, 600x826) Image search: [Google]
1464240335832.png
825 KB, 600x826
>>48054182
DSP succubus is the best succubus though.
>>
>>48054361
>blind spot
Makes sense, will switch.

>Iron constitution
I think saves + stalwart is a bit too much. I would need more opinions before changing it.

>Skin of his Teeth
You're right, it should be after.

>Scrounger
>Camp Builder
Honestly they do step on the ranger's toes a bit, but I think a little bit of ranger-lite isn't a bad thing.

>crafting
I personally do not think it is too much, but could be persuaded to reconsider.

>Long Haul
I was considering another one that allows the Fighter to carry a lot more weight, am unsure as of yet.

Honestly the Equipment Trainings are hard to come up with new ones. I think the list is a bit sparse at the moment.
>>
File: 1459731537519.png (451 KB, 554x692) Image search: [Google]
1459731537519.png
451 KB, 554x692
>>48054397
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/hunter
>>
>>48054424
That's definitely an incubus, though.
I prefer it that way anyway.
>>
>>48054429
The crafting is fine.

Maybe do something like say they can craft mundane stuff better, or do maintenance on weapons?
>>
>>48054397
I have considered making an Unchained Ranger, but am currently writing the Unchained Cavalier. Unchained Gunslinger I have been doing some ground work stuff for.

Cavalier & Gunslinger need Unchaining the worst in my eyes. A ranger version that is spell-less and "Unchained" would be neat, but a large undertaking as removing spells is a big change to a class.

What classes do you all think need Unchaining the worst?
>>
>>48054449
Weapon Maintenance for small bonuses (like Whet stones for temporary bonuses) have been an odd mark.

Something like bonus to hit? Temporary masterwork? Scaling attack and damage? It is hard to balance those kinds of bonuses. Because otherwise PCs don't do regular gear maintenance that have statted benefits or draw backs.

I would do faster armor donning, but that's already a thing. Other stuff seems like it is covered over equipment tricks.

Thoughts everyone?
>>
>>48054480
Maybe work in something like the DSP feat for sharpening stones, and a non-magical Mending effect for their gear.
>>
File: 1461597094044.jpg (378 KB, 2228x1974) Image search: [Google]
1461597094044.jpg
378 KB, 2228x1974
>>48054397
Ranger Lore
At first level, a Ranger gains a +2 Bonus on Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive, Intimidate, Stealth and Survival checks against creatures for every 5 ranks with which the Ranger has knowledge of the associated creature. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls against them.

For every 5 ranks the Ranger allocates to Knowledge, the bonuses against the associated creatures increases by 2.

List of Knowledges and Associated Creatures:
Arcana: Constructs, Dragons, Magical Beasts
Dungeoneering: Aberrations, Oozes
Nature: Animals, Fey, Monstrous Humanoids, Plants, Vermin
Local: Humanoids
Planes: Outsiders
Religion: Undead

This replaces Favored Enemy.

This makes Rangers walking monster encyclopedias with additional skill bonuses slapped on top of it.
>>
File: 1465028679468.jpg (2 MB, 3489x5000) Image search: [Google]
1465028679468.jpg
2 MB, 3489x5000
>>48052914
I made several homebrew ideas, but haven't made much progress with them.

Freedom Fighter (Fighter)
>Proficient with light and medium armors only
>Bravery is replaced with an NPC warrior cohort. Every level of bravery gives the cohort a bonus teamwork feat.

Valkyrie (Paladin)
>Divine Bond grants a pegasus mount
>You lose Lay on Hands and Mercy. Instead, you gain the Valkyrie's Charge class feature that grants the party different buffs like Haste, increased AC, increased saves, increased attack and damage, etc. as part of a charge action.

Heroic Blade (Soulknife)
>Loses Psychic Strike. Gain Heroic Manifestation.
>Heroic Manifestation - A Soulknife learns certain class features from other classes based on his current mind blade configuration (i.e. a holy mindblade grants the paladin's lay on hands, a furyborn mindblade grants barbarian rage, an agile mindblade grants the rogues sneak attack, etc.). At later levels, with more configurations available also prompts even more available class features (i.e. a holy lawful mindblade now grants the paladin's smite, etc.)

I want to work on the Heroic Blade because its a nice "Master of all trades" kind of soulknife archetype.
>>
>>48054603
>Valkyrie (Paladin)
>>Divine Bond grants a pegasus mount
>>You lose Lay on Hands and Mercy. Instead, you gain the Valkyrie's Charge class feature that grants the party different buffs like Haste, increased AC, increased saves, increased attack and damage, etc. as part of a charge action.

I like this one. Its like some kind of a divine cavalier.
>>
File: 64156189456789.png (1 MB, 544x508) Image search: [Google]
64156189456789.png
1 MB, 544x508
So tell me TG
I have a Tengu sorcerer who has wild magic.
We use 6 different pages with 100 random events on them.
But here's the kicker, every time I use level 1 magic or higher I have to roll for wild magic.

Tell me /tg/, have you play a character with wild magic or something like it?
How did it go?
Pic related, what my tengu looks like.
>>
>>48054603
DEM ZENBUS
>>
>>48054603
>s4 still hasn't aired yet
The wait is killing me
>>
>>48054113
Well?
>>
Working on an Archmage-based Living Legend Soulknife and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth going for the traditional ranged attack feats (point-blank shot, rapid shot, etc). You get precise shot for free so that's not a factor.

From looking over the class it feels like I'm going to be pretty feat starved if I try to go for traditional ranged stuff since I'll also want psicrystal/psicrystal containment, and a lot of the blade skills look sexy enough that Extra Blade Skill feats are probably a good idea.
>>
>>48054664
Wild Magic drawback for Sphere is !!FUN!! because it's Rod of Wonder.
>>
>that feel when you did't know an archetype existed when you built your character and now it's kinda late to change it up
Feels bad man.
>>
>>48052914
God damn, that is a fluffy tail. How does she not fall over backwards all the time?
>>
>>48054851
Tail no mahou.
>>
>>48053211
More Kitsune bullying!
>>
File: 1463434725748.png (721 KB, 727x1039) Image search: [Google]
1463434725748.png
721 KB, 727x1039
>>48054882
Please no tail touching without permission.
>>
>>48053211
We're in a rise of the runelords campaign. We just got the snot beaten out of us by a single monk (who surprised us while we were fighting some goblins)... Of our 6 member party (wilder, alchemist, cleric, mesmerist, swashbuckler and rogue) he KO'd four of them.

We're on the trail of both Ameiko and whoever stole the bones/corpse of the local priest.

Our DM has established that he'd like to use mythic ranks, and while I'm on board with it, because who *wouldnt* want a more powerful character, I have little idea as to how to improve a wilder much with them. I'm likely to select archmage and take the mythic crafting to pick up all creation feats at once, but beyond that I think I'm going to go into more generalized stuff as I'd love to achieve apotheosis and become a god.
>>
Is /pfg/ the most fox-fapping general on /tg/?
>>
>>48053211
We'll probably be teleported to the Sun, having sacrificed 51 orphans and a homeless man to pay for a spaceship there, and fly it to Castrovel to fuck and probably murder or enslave a LOT of Lashunta.
>>
>>48055008
For a given, heinously generous definition of 'fox'
>>
>>48054749
They asleep, like I oughta be. Patience, anon.
>>
File: 3030009000_02full.png (120 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
3030009000_02full.png
120 KB, 960x800
Alright /pfg/, let's listen to your pleas.

What's a book you'd like to see come out?
For me, it has to be Campaign Settings: Prophecies of Kalistrade. I wanna know EVERYTHING about the non!jews of Golarion.
>>
>>48055514
Assuming we have to have Paizo stuff, I'd rather like Campaign Settings: Mana Wastes. Give me some WW1 style trench running in a magi-irradiated shithole where tech is king because mages keep exploding.
>>
>>48053211
Story line wise? No idea, we seem to just be doing weekly missions. So probably killing something.
Between the players, well we have two new guys, both talk way to much, to the point that people can barely get a word in. When we're not killing stuff they are talking about how awesome their characters are. One of them argues rules by just repeating himself louder, it's an online game and the fucker doesn't even bother linking shit. brought this up with the GM mentioning that if it continues I might leave the game as they are sucking the fun out for me. GM said he keep an eye on it and for me not to leave, he'll kick them out to keep me on.
>>
>>48052966
Someone explain this to me.
>>
>>48055691
i don't get it either.
>>
>>48052966
>guy on far left eyeing drow on far right
>trollfacing tomboy
>smug red-coat girl
>annoyed and probably tsundere red-haired girl
>brown-hair (trap?) amused at smug and tsundere's antics
>drow on far right eyeing guy on far left
>>
>>48055616
Alkenstar and the Mana Wastes would be fucking amazing. It'd also prompt them to give us more goddamn guns, and possibly - though I'm not holding my breath - some better gun rules.
>>
>>48055514
i'm still kinda interested in that dagrons book they've got coming out
>>
>>48055735
I looked up Jade Ripley, she seems to be someone who writes little story things of...middling quality. I still don't get why this pic is getting meme'd around though.
>>
>>48055805
>she
That's Gareth, anon.
>>
>>48055792
I'm remembering a thread a few months ago where some anon proposed a Mana Wasted adventure path that was some sort of martial revolution led by Big Boss/Freddie Mercury and his awesome husband to free the wastes from the influence of the wizard PMCs who were keeping the war going for money.
Or something like that.

It was one of those hard mode challenges where you had to pander to Paizo's sensibilities while keeping it cool.
>>
File: 1467335251981.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
1467335251981.gif
485 KB, 272x251
Akashic Shitsteries PDF when?

Is this what a veilweaver with 1+ essence in a few veils ends up looking like?
>>
>>48056027
No, anon. That isn't a fresh abortion.
>>
Is there a way to increase Primalist Wizard's primal magic use per day?

Because it's the closet thing to Wild mage out of all Paizo content...
>>
>>48053221
Considering it's Toaru Majutsu no Index, he probably walked in on one of several attractive women in the bath, which will result in him getting beaten in some fashion in a suitably comic way.
>>
Is there any way to be a prankster bard without being a gnome.
>>
>>48056412
Human,half-elf,half-orc and racial heritage (Gnome)
>>
>>48056428
>No chanse to be little halfling shitster, who annoys everyone.
Why live?
>>
>>48056027
Why is it "Akashic Shitsteries" and not "Akashit Mysteries"?
>>
>>48056715
Because you touch your father's drinks at night
>>
pls i need S&S modules, someone for dowloads?
>>
>>48053221
Touma's super power is the ability to negate other super powers, magical or psychic. Unfortunately it also negates any form of luck he might have. He came down the hall and found two bathrooms. One had the shower running, and he knew that if he walked in on Index she'd flip out and maul him, so he went through the other door, proud to have found away to beat his bad luck.

And walked in on a nun who just finished washing up. Then Index came to maul him.

>>48055691
>>48055735
Jade is Gareth, one of the DSP boys. He's writing that. Whiners kept trying to putter out "shill! shill!" the way they usually say "cuck" but people stopped biting that stale old bait, so now they just post the cover every. Single. General. Thread. It's supposed to bait a discussion/outrage at the composition of the lineup on the cover but we've already discussed it and nobody actually gives a fuck, except the cuck who keeps posting it. It's literal spam at this point and you would do well to report it.
>>
>>48052914
Question about creatures that deal negative energy damage (e.g. wraith, sceaduinar, umbral dragon). If they attack another undead or creature with negative energy affinity, does the attack heal, harm or have no effect? If the attack specifies it doesn't heal, does it harm or have no effect? Assume the target doesn't have immunity to negative energy.
>>
>>48053211
My slayer pirate (pirate slayer? both are accurate) is going to utterly destroy two more of the large, fiendish, cyclopean harpies left, while the cleric and fighter are gonna kill the other three, and then we're gonna host a big ole party.

In another game, my steelfistcommando|aberrant aegis|deadly fist will be waking up to... something involving the sound of screeching metal. That's the cliffhanger we got.
Yes, it's a tristalt game

Finally, in the game I'm running, my players are gonna find themselves dealing with a (semi-literal) witch-hunt in the town they've just spent a month hiking to. Then, if they're lucky, they'll get to rest for a bit before looking for the missing children.
If they're unlucky, they'll be accused of having kidnapped the children, and expelled from the town in the name of public safety.
>>
>>48053211
I'm going to get to play my new character for season 2 of the campaign, during which i will shit an unending series of save-or-loses onto the enemy.
>>
What are some good Bard/Magus spells for an Urban Bloodrager to pick up?
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-01+at+09.48.46).png (54 KB, 770x574) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-01+at+09.48.46).png
54 KB, 770x574
>>48056866
Look, fuckwad, if you're not even gonna check the trove before asking for shit, you gotta start asking yourself whether or not you're actually stupid.
>>
>>48057728
bladed dash is rad
>>
>>48057858
Could just say it's in the trove without the insults.
>>
File: 1447901527145.jpg (11 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
1447901527145.jpg
11 KB, 252x200
>>48057961
Or, you could check the trove before begging in the thread like some kind of retard.
>>
>>48057988
Wasn't me asking, I just feel that being a jerk isn't something to be.
>>
Which is better, Ultimate Occunt or Akashit Mysteries?
>>
>>48058012
/tg/ wasn't the first board to tell people to lurk moar and it won't be the last
>>
>>48058020
The latter, the last thing we need is more vancian casting.
>>
Is DepressedAnon still working on the cavalier?
>>
>>48058113
See >>48054450, unless you mean "at this very moment" in which case who knows
>>
>>48058020
I'm tempted to say the former.
>>
>>48058140
Why?
>>
>>48058165
The options presented there at least aren't worthless.
>>
>>48058174
But PsyBomb has shown us that you can make really good viziers, gurus, and daevics.
>>
>>48053211
The party is going to hopefully escape from several horrible creatures that want to parasitize them in different ways, get back to the tiny mountain town their helping, and grab the NPCs that they need to take across the mountain to Riddleport. If things go quickly they might even get to deal with some loose ends around Riddleport before the session ends.
>>
Is kineticist any good? i want to make one of water for a pirate campaign.
>>
>>48058211
*they're

Damn my change of mind and not correcting grammar to match the new sentence
>>
File: 1467333149381.png (210 KB, 405x597) Image search: [Google]
1467333149381.png
210 KB, 405x597
>>
Realtalk: how good ARE the mentalist, "psion," and "psychic warrior" from Ultimate Occunt?

Are they decent tier 2, tier 2, and tier 3 respectively? Is the "psion" stronger/more flexible than the DSP psion? What about the "psychic warrior" vs the DSP psychic warrior?
>>
>>48058138
Nice

You mean "who needs unchaining the most"?
>>
File: chivalry.png (48 KB, 333x286) Image search: [Google]
chivalry.png
48 KB, 333x286
>>48058294
If they have a bonus feat that completely disallows them to take Spirited Charge, that's immediately a more balanced class
>>
>>48053211

We're going to start Jade Regent, and I'm hopefully going to bust out my REAL AMERICAN BRAWLER. Going to be talking with the other players today to compare backstories and figure out if we have a workable party comp, but I'm sure we're fine.
>>
So I'm going to be in a game shortly that is fairly silly in tone, and I'm debating playing a Vigilante Magical Child or Warlock. The city we're in has a heavy crack-down on magic in general, so I figure it'll be fun to do and give a lot of plot hooks, DM agreed.

Is there anything I should really know about playing either in the way their mechanics work? Currently leaning towards Warlock, but that's probably just because of nostalgia from the 3.5 days.
>>
>>48058447
>vigilante magical child

Korean knockoff Unchained summoner with shitty mechanics.
>>
File: killing kakyoin like.gif (493 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
killing kakyoin like.gif
493 KB, 500x281
>>48058447
Warlock's mystic bolts are ass by themselves, and as-written have no scaling. Ask your GM the following:
>can you make it so deadly aim works with their touch attack version?
>can you have clustered shots work on resistances?
>can I make a magic item to give them an enhancement bonus, similar to AoMF? Can it let me pierce elemental resistance depending on the +?
>can I make another one that lets me increase the range past 30 ft?

If he says no to all of this, ask if you can just refluff an Eldritch Archer Magus's bow.

>magical child
Just play a summoner, you'll thank yourself later.
>>
>>48058447

Well, the Magical Child's spell list makes it a pet class without much of an actual pet (though you can technically take a Mauler familiar, since you never actually get Improved Familiar).

As for warlock, it doesn't exactly scale well.
>>
>>48058504
>>48058523
>>48058535
So either go unchained summoner or work together to make Warlock scale more effectively. Thank you.
>>
>>48055805
> She

Anon pls. Pls.
>>
File: Anime_Concept_Jade.jpg (153 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Concept_Jade.jpg
153 KB, 510x510
>>48058708
>>
Anyone know if Soulknives of Porphyra ended up any good? It's a different author than the Kineticist stuff and I can't check the trove for it on this phone.
>>
File: 2huConfusedWoof.jpg (402 KB, 730x780) Image search: [Google]
2huConfusedWoof.jpg
402 KB, 730x780
>>48058586
>unchained summoner
>mfw

To add to >>48058523 for "things to actually make the damn thing functional"
>If your GM is nice, beg for literally anything to replace the appearance abilities you get at 5, 11, and 17. As a warlock, that shit is almost totally worthless for you
>That magic item to increase range past 30 ft? Ask if you can also have it make applying the arcane striker talent into a free action instead of a swift. Seriously. You fucking need that swift action and the Arcane Strike feat is basically half of the class's RAW "scaling" which is still garbage
>Also consider asking if you can trade feats for vigilante talents. just fucking do it. Paizo's gonna cave in and make the feat at some point anyway, and warlocks are feat-starved as fuck so taking it just delays the feats you need to be competent at fighting
>>
>>48053491
That's what Great Cleave used to do goddamnit
>>
>>48054537
I've seen this same solution posted before, why the fuck is it based on skill RANKS instead of the normal monster identification checks? You get a feature at 1st level that does absolutely nothing until 5th level, do you realize that? With a check-based progression it also doesn't have to improve in super far-apart intervals, it can just scale as you put each rank into it. Just give them the missing knowledges as class skills and spit out a table of DCs and properly-scaling bonuses.
>>
>>48059119
Easy fix would be at 1 rank, and an additional boost at 5 ranks and every 5 ranks there after.
>>
>>48059246
But it would be inferior so what's the point of doing it the inferior way to begin with?
>>
>>48054450
>Cavalier & Gunslinger need Unchaining the worst in my eyes.
What's wrong with cavalier?
>>
>>48059433
Tier 5 and a focus on one of the worst styles of combat are painful
>>
>>48059459
>focus on one of the worst styles of combat
Mounted lance charging is one of the worst kinds? How so?

All the goodies of two-handing *and* you get to double/triple your single attack damage. Feather Step negates the problem of difficult terrain too quite nicely.

As for tier 5, tier 5 is 'can do one job badly' which cavaliers don't fit into at all. They can fight single targets very well, do decently against groups with Chain Challenge and on top of that they buff the party via Tactician/Banner and have some out of combat use as well with social skills and a cha secondary stat.

That alone screams tier 4, 3 if you consider skills alone capable of making one useful outside of combat.
>>
>>48053220
>>48053251
>>48053356
>drop homebrew and go to bed
>short discussion on appropriate levels of damage ensues
>I miss it

Actually, I don't remember all the things I pitted that level 7 stat block against, but it was only moderately optimized and was getting 70-80 damage on things without resistances, without any crits. Dunno if 2-rounding CR10's solo at level 7, without heavy optimization, is acceptable, or if stuff like a Bebilith is just over-CR'ed.

18-20 crit range, +6/+6/+6 touch attacks, 2d6+13 cold damage, all assuming it's within 30 ft.
>>
>>48059512
Because it's so binary. There are many dungeons where the style isn't viable, from being able to not take your mount in, not being able to charge due to how crowded it is. Small cavaliers can make it easier to use, but if the majority of characters can't play the class well then it has issues.
>>
File: -1 Hero Point.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
-1 Hero Point.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>48059459
>>48059433
>Focus is only on mounted combat, which is almost just flat out worse than regular combat
>The only viable build is one that forces you to charge literally every turn and do 100 damage at level 5
>You get a fucking Animal Companion for some reason
>Outside of charging and doing a bazillion damage every round, he can be totally countered with difficult terrain
>Indoor spaces? Shit out of luck, senpai
>Tactician is just outright bad
>No utility out of combat

>>48059512
Cavalier is placed Solidly in tier 4, it can do ONE thing really well, and outside of that is complete shit. Knock a Cavalier off his mount and what can he do?
Run away and get back on his mount, that's what.

>>48059522
Although, making a Tiny Cavalier would be interesting.
>>
>>48059512
Mainly what >>48059522 said, but I'd like to add that having DMed a Cavalier who didn't know how to optimize very well, the non-subjective parts of Tier 5's definition definitely applied.
>Rarely has any abilities that can outright handle an encounter unless that encounter plays directly to the class's main strength. DMs may sometimes need to work to make sure Tier 4s can contribue to an encounter, as their abilities may sometimes leave them useless. Won't outshine anyone except Tier 6s except in specific circumstances that play to their strengths. Cannot compete effectively with Tier 1s that are played well.
All of this describes a charging Cavalier to a T. If they can't charge with their lance, they aren't going to contribute to anything.
>>
>>48059589 (me)
I am dumb, that is the definition of Tier 4. Ignore my stupidity.
>>
>>48053211
GM's been a bit of a cunt, enforcing wild magic and getting pissy when the caster's roll shit on his ass tables. He's making the dragon priest cloistered cleric not know shit about dragons due to arcana rolls.

I'm gonna stop bein' a nice necromancer and start animating everything in sight that Animate Dead doesn't fuck up on or die trying, finish working on this high-magic, shitty, homebrew setting I'm trying to make, and try and this chump's game with bloody goddamn skeletons.

And in the spirit of the edition, what kind of abiological life should I put in this bitch:
Abandoned spellbooks come to life looking somewhere between living origami and mummies wrapped around greenish-purple translucent constructs, with dancing ink for faces.
Greenish-Purple (gray) goo?
Or little clockwork dudes obsessed with masks?
>>
PoW query here:
I am playing a Bannerman Warlord who focuses on bows. The problem is about the gambits - my DM pointed out, and he does have a point, that the Pinhole gambit is WAY too good. If you take Precise shot, it negates any penalties, and you even get a +cha luck bonus on top... and it debuffs the enemy and refreshes my maneuvers.

Do you think it is too strong? What other gambits could I even do as a ranged warlord if not the pinhole one (which the DM wants to forbid me from using)?
>>
>>48059559
>Although, making a Tiny Cavalier would be interesting.
Would you have to enter an opponents square to attack? I know tiny critters have to, but I don't know how that works with a small mount. If you do then you're going to have a bad time against anything that can CMB you.
>>
File: Rp3y0MN[1].jpg (12 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
Rp3y0MN[1].jpg
12 KB, 203x248
>>48059605
Bring back Grisgols. My apologies about the picture for pixies, there's nothing bigger on google because no one likes them, which is dumb.
>>
>>48059522
>There are many dungeons where the style isn't viable, from being able to not take your mount in, not being able to charge due to how crowded it is.
At which point you just switch to fighting with a regular two-handed weapon. Yes it's binary, which is a reason to dislike it (it's something I disliked about playing a cavalier) but when your two options are 'Slightly worse than a barbarian' and 'holy shit everything is dying in a single attack', you can hardly say that's an overall negative in terms of power.
>>48059559
>Outside of charging and doing a bazillion damage every round, he can be totally countered with difficult terrain
Feather step slippers are dirt cheap, or get it off your caster if the DM uses the nerfed ones. Hell, pick up UMD if you want.
>Indoor spaces? Shit out of luck, senpai
Then you just go to town with your two-handed weapon, since the three mounted feats aside you'll be getting the same feats as any other two-handers.
The rest seem subjective to me. Tactician's fine, mounted combat is flat superior to regular combat when possible and they have utility via social skills.
>>
>>48059662
Having a nice GM =/= Cavalier being T3
>>
>>48059662
Those three mounted feats also lock you out of taking decent feats that Barbarians or Fighters would have until level 6.
>>
File: xJylQfxr.jpg (274 KB, 1360x1155) Image search: [Google]
xJylQfxr.jpg
274 KB, 1360x1155
>>48059651
>Grisgols
Yeah, pretty much the first idea. Nice knowing I have two pictures I can use for em.
>>
>>48053211
I dunno probably get into an encounter, be denied doing cool shit because invulnerable plot bosses, and be saved by DMPCs.

So yeah.... really looking forward to my PC being rendered useless in the plot again.
>>
>>48059675
That your best response? I was expecting more anon. I agree cavaliers are worse off in a dungeon situation, which is where regular two-handing comes into play. But outside of that, they're a nice mix of party buffing, face skills and ridiculous damage charging that all come together to one nice whole.
>>48059695
There we go, a reasonable criticism. That said they get a bonus feat at level 6 too, and spirited charge is pretty redundant at the lower levels, so they're about 1 feat behind a barbarian if you're that worried about feats. That said, mind covering what feats are you on about specifically? I'd like to get more of a feel of where you're coming from.
>>
>>48054389
Hello everyone! Does anyone have thoughts on this initiator! Honestly right now I think a major problem is the lack of variety in Anatomical Studies and the class being a tad difficult to understand as a whole.

I can also answer questions on the cavalier thing, it seemed like there were questions. Being on a train does not make it easy to navigate the thread however.
>>
>>48059784
Messed up my trip. Think this is correct.
>>
File: hurt so good.jpg (36 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
hurt so good.jpg
36 KB, 450x300
>>48052914
>Homebrew edition! Post all of your homebrew and let us judge you with smug anime girl pics.
Just fuck my shit up familia. Hold nothing back

>Blood Reaver, Initiating Bloodrager
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vtE5ykBrFbVEia47iXl8Y2SaPzVjFGzGoHrPL0P4KlY/edit?usp=sharing

>Seneschal, Initiating Template for Cavalier and Samurai
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tDAG5bs1VC_YGkBxR8J8IsfoPuAWOeLPeI1n9z_eeqc/edit?usp=sharing

>Unchained Monk: Unchained Archetypes (older work, will have to update for current material, is most likely in most need for rebalancing)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HLTUqSi0_fxymwAuLj6lkVo4320S41Ks3-yTJiYCK2s/edit?usp=sharing

There's also a big SoP project I once made, but that is in the trash can until I can remove all the Autism from it

Now, I know I should probably change out the Vitae bonus to maneuvers on Blood Reaver with something else, as many anons have suggested, but I'm not sure what, I am highly open to suggestion for it

Now, please begin tearing my anus open so I may not be a completely hopeless faggot

>>48059784
Hold on mate, I'll give it a quick look
>>
>>48059609
>a class feature does something good for the class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkDMz2ml0gw

Anyways, if he REALLY wants to get pissy, you could have the gambit ignore the precise shot feat because it's supposed to be a risk-reward thing. But you should note that this is really dumb, as the character has spent two of his somewhat limited character building resources on this shit.
>>
>>48059821
Just fuck my shit up senpai. I don't remember my trip.
>>
>>48059832
For Seneshal I personally don't agree with having only 2 maneuver sets, it us very limiting. For character utility. He gets one from his Order, but I think 3 (golden lion, mithral current, and order discipline) would be fine.

Their recovery mechanic should be tidied up. I think the temp HP may be a tad much.
>>
>>48059921
>For Seneshal I personally don't agree with having only 2 maneuver sets,
They do get 3. One as a choice, one from Tactics or Glory, and one based off of Order modified skill

I probably should clean up the wording though, and revise the recovery mechanic
>>
File: That's not right.jpg (150 KB, 549x600) Image search: [Google]
That's not right.jpg
150 KB, 549x600
>>48053211
An entire session of people playing catchup, because I'm the only person autistic enough to want to figure shit out before we're supposed to get together. Hopefully I can get a wish list and some buy-in for magic items, so when I get crafting I'm not spending my own cut of the party's funds to outfit three-four other people.

>mfw was supposed to restart a 1-on-1 RotRL campaign last month, since it had to get put on hold, and now me and the GM have more free time
>mfw haven't heard jack shit about it, and come to find out the GM started a 1-on-1 CotCT game with someone else instead
>>
>>48058201
Sounds sweet. Where are the builds?
>>
>>48059949
Ah I missed the tactics or glory one. What does the tactics/glory decision do besides choose disciplines? I'm having a hard time determining it because the Google doc will not fully load on my phone.
>>
>>48059921
Will reducing the temp hp to mount to 1/2 the Init modifier be better

>>48059996
It determines whether your Initiation Modifeir is Int (Tactics) or Cha (Glory)

Basically, you can choose to either be Sun Tsu or Lu Bu
>>
>>48059736
Putting aside that your melee prowess is only X feats behind any generic full BAB class without features, what are you actually using from your own class besides "having a horse to make lance charges from"? Anyone can have a horse.
>>
>>48060030
Ah. Apparently I'm just blind. A Cha/Int split is a bit odd. Int is generally the stronger option.
>>
>>48052914
Some Warlord-related homebrew here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14DZ9-pXlB340Y-iEjPERaX0yFG6llTUm66-rIGnH5mM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>48060087
>Ah. Apparently I'm just blind. A Cha/Int split is a bit odd. Int is generally the stronger option.
I'm the guy who suggested the split, it's more thematic than anything else since the anon wanted to encompass both "genius tactician" and "reckless glory hound" in the same class. I think it's good idea at least. Int is stronger, but it's just a few skill points.
>>
>>48060087
That was a concern when I was making it, so I generally gave Tactics the more defensively focused discs while Cha gets the ones more conducive to the cavalier fighting style. Also, it was the only thing that made sense to me at the time since Cavaliers are iconically either very tactically minded or very charismatic, and I felt that there were too many Wis based initiators already

I know that this is still in favor of Int, but really its what I thought the best I could do with the core system problems would be.
>>
>>48058174
It's all shameless plagiarism of DSP's psionics, only everything is much worse. How is that not worthless?
>>
>>48060144
Oh hey man, good to see you. Any more comment you have on the Seneschal? What about my other projects?
>>
>>48058020
What's so bad about Akashic Mysteries?
>>
>>48060057
Tactician, Challenge and having a mount that can actually survive a stiff breeze. That and the dedicated charging stuff, like Cavalier's Charge and the order of the sword feature that lets you add your mount's Str mod to your own for charging damage. Also just the order abilities in general.
>>
File: monhun.png (266 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
monhun.png
266 KB, 650x650
The sword from Monster Hunter SnS are short sword right?
>>
>>48055824
You have any more details on this/something I can search for? That sounds like an amazing campaign idea.
>>
>>48057430
I also noticed something weird. By RAW, creatures with negative energy affinity would take untyped damage on the negative energy plane. Sceaduinar, hundun and other native living inhabitants shouldn't be able to live there. Obviously this makes no sense but that's the RAW.
>>
>>48059784
>understand as a whole.
I find the worse problem with the this is the really spotty grammar, run on sentences, and a sever lack of commas where they would be needed. You may want to go over it again and fix your sentence structure
>>
>>48060487
The wording for the negative dominant trait states the death ward spell protects from the damage and energy drain. The death ward spell states it only applies against negative energy damage, which implies that "untyped" damage is actually negative energy damage... But it's still odd that this isn't stated. It's easiest to just rule that anything with negative energy affinity is not subject to negative-dominant planar trait even if they are otherwise subject to negative energy healing and energy drain.
>>
File: The Magician.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
The Magician.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here's a work-in-process Magician class. Charisma based prepared casting/initiating Gish in a Can (to an extent, anyways).

I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to just throw away their casting ability entirely, make some of the Magician's Knacks mimic some Utility spells at will, and make Ruby Leminiscate (right now not even begun) into a sort of Elemental Flux type "Casting without casting" Discipline.

FYI, the Hakkero is a low tier magic item for the setting, basically a magical swiss army knife - as a weapon, it deals 1d6 damage as a touch attack subject to spell resistance of one of eight types: Fire, Cold, Acid, Electric, Force, Sonic, Postive Energy, or Negative Energy. Changing element being a swift action.
>>
>>48054603
Hey for your fighter archtype you may want to look at this archtype ( http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/archetypes/paizo---wizard-archetypes/instructor-wizard-archetype).

I mean if wizards can have a full on wizard cohort using Int for its leadership score, a fighter fucking deserves a fighter cohort.
>>
>>48058712

>The "Necromancer" Jade Curtis
>She
>Not the manliest man to man in the whole game

I know /tg/ can warp a lot of people's perception but this dude is pretty masculine even with his long locks of hair.
>>
>>48060791
Wait. they are trading a familiar, which is basically a semi useless creature that grants a feat... To an ENTIRE character with full spellcasting?
How is almost doubling your spells per day even reasonable considered balanced?!
>>
>>48060971
P A I Z O
>>
>>48060971
Sasuga Paizuri
>>
>>48060971
Not just per-day. There's an element of action economy when it comes to buffs.
>>
>>48060622
I will do so. Thank you for pointing it out.
>>
>>48061124
At it's very least opted version he's used for all the boring long duration buffs so the primary wizard can focus on blasting and debuffing, maybe with a haste or two. While the apprentice spends his time hding in a corner and getting the hand-me-downs.

Hell, if he could have taken item creation you could feasibly have said that's the purpose. The apprentice doing the boring unimportant work while the master deals with this messy murder business.
>>
>>48060342
Some are longsword length. Some are battleaxes. Others are the rajang club, which is a wicked weapon on its own.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-01-12-19-38.png (609 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-01-12-19-38.png
609 KB, 480x800
>>48060971
Have you ever seen the daring General cavalier archtype? It gives you 3 cohorts, at once.
>>
>>48060701
So... erm... anyone have anything to say on this guy?
>>
>>48061337
Sure, but that's more meatshields since you can't pick their clas. Things likely to die. It's powerful, but cavaliers are honestly kind of shit. wizards aint
>>
>>48061396
The cohorts only requirement is they need to be a full bab class that plenty of options.

But yay a wizard getting a wizard is a little much.
>>
So for maximum effect and fun in getting my gm to remember that I'm usually being nice to them when I hand in character concepts, I'm thinking:
Warlock Vigilante that takes a Mauler archetype Familiar (goat) and picks up Improved Familiar to make it Fiendish while abusing Anthropomorphic Animal and the Companion of Loneliness talent. A few Baphomet monster girl images to sweeten the moment while they put it all together.

Once they're done sputtering I'll offer to play a regular Warlock Vigilante if we can just fix a few of the scaling issues. Sound good?
>>
File: 2hu Fit to Burst.gif (39 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
2hu Fit to Burst.gif
39 KB, 230x230
>>48061763
>That everything

Now that's just dangerous, anon. Too bad companion to the lonely would ned you 0 gain, since goats have 5 Cha and Warlock is Int-based.

Good luck on trying to get the scaling fixes to go through, though.
>>
How do I make a 2h weapon user who mainly focuses on using that weapon without it being completely shit and useless compared to the rest of the party?
>>
>>48061864
>2h weapons
>Not being the most viable martial style
Are you retarded? Get a greatsword and power attack. DONE
>>
>>48061864
Do you want to be THE BEST at hitting things? I may have a fighter build to interest you. It has plenty of utility as well.
>>
>>48061897
Show me
I want to be the best Human Male Fighter there ever was
>>
>>48061864
But 2h is the best martial style!
Especially if you're a Barbarian with Power Attack and Spell Sunder
>>
>>48061888
>martials
>not being "completely shit and useless compared to the rest of the party"
Learn some reading comprehension, you stupid fucking cunt, he's asking how to make a martial viable relative to non-martials, not just other melee fags.

Also, archery is the most viable martial style, you cuck.
>>
>>48061763

Aren't Mauler familiars and Improved Familiar mutually exclusive, though? Magical Child can get away with it because their familiar can choose an IF alternate form without actually using the feat, but I don't know if Warlock has that.

Besides that, it's a decent shell game. Unless that's actually their Magical Realm.
>>
>>48061935
>But 2h is the best martial style!
>non-archer detected
What's it like to be cuckolded on a constant and relentless basis, subhuman?
>>
>>48061907
Here you go then:
>http://pastebin.com/4fFSq8w9
Eobard Love, the Spellbane
>>
I want to make a Bard, but I'm scared that I'll end up not contributing in combat aside for +2 attack/damage from Inspire Courage and maybe some Good Hope and Heroism. My saves aren't good enough for my shut downs to be reliable.

Am I doing something wrong? I've made an archer build, and at level 8 with rapid shot, many shot, haste and courage up I'm looking at +13/+13/+13/+8, at 1d6+4 each. That's pretty insignificant, right? Even factoring in Clustered Shot.

Am I better off grabbing an elven branched spear and banner of ancient kings?

I just want to make a cute twink bard with low wisdom.
>>
>>48061992

(20pt, no third party content, some feat-tax hourserules I heard the DM mention about weapon finesse and combat expertise for free)
>>
>>48061968
>54 str
>40 con
What?
>>
>>48061992
If you want to be super buffing you could try Bard into Pathfinder Chronicler. With Flagbearer and Banner of the Ancient Kings, mostly inspiring your partners and using a spear to aid another in distance.
You'll lose spells though
>>
File: 852_03226.jpg (255 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
852_03226.jpg
255 KB, 1200x1800
>>48061966
>>48061941
>using cuck unironically
>>
>>48062123
>quoting cuck unironically
>>
Do we have an ETA on PoW Errata? My group will start a new game in a month or two and I'd like to try and convince them to try PoW. I think things will go smoother if I don't have to tell them to avoid Golden Lion or other disciplines that still need fixing.
>>
>>48062361
S.O.O.N.
>>
>>48062293

Speaking of cuck.

Have you ever *actually* been cucked in a game?
>>
>>48062390
We're starting this fucking conversation. I refuse to let /pfg/ talk about it. Monster girl fetishists are bad enough, damn.
>>
>>48062293
>>48062123
>using unironically unironically
>>48062409
Some guy got cucked by a Gold Dragon and another was bitching about his wife being bi.
>>
>>48062409
We're not starting, God dammit I'm so furious I can't even type coherently.
>>
>>48062390
Nah, and what >>48062409 said. It's funny when some guy shows up justifiably angry about getting lesbo-cucked just now, not when people dig up old stories of their earlier butthurt.
>>
>>48062409
Well you shouldn't have started shooting your mouth off like a /pol/lack with shit to prove
>>
>>48062432
Excuse me? This is my first post in the chain. I don't want people bringing the damn cuck meme into /pfg/.
>>
>>48062426
I mean, from what he said everyone at the table, other than the dm, found it out of character and a just an attempt by the DM to force their magical realm on the players.
>>
>>48053374
>hellknight
Where? Where was this posted?
>>
>>48062469
Oh, sorry, I thought you were the guy who started off by calling everyone a cuck

my bad bro
>>
>>48062496
Three threads ago
>>
>>48062370
Like actually soon or thirteen solar lifetimes "soon"?
>>
>>48062361
We are literally working through classes and disciplines now. As usual for DSP products, there will be a playtest period for it as soon as it's ready for public view. When that will be depends on how tough the proper process becomes.

There have been some... Lively... Discussions in our team chats.
>>
>>48062549
How much of it was y'all being called shills for constantly discussing /DSP/ products?
>>
>>48062578
Well since I presume their team chats are just DSP guys talking at each other... I'm guessing none, but thanks for trying to force your shitty meme.
>>
>>48062578
Occasional laughter about the absurdity of it, is all. When we're discussing or recommending our own stuff, we do it with our hats and trips on and don't get paid anything for it.
>>
>>48062549
I look forward to participating in the playtest then. Thanks.

Now hopefully my players will actually like it enough they'll be willing to try it when our new campaign starts.
>>
>>48060808
Best character in the fucking game.
>>
Read it and weep you whiny whores http://edthebard.blogspot.com/2016/07/gm-advice-why-killing-pcs-is-good-for.html
>>
>>48063513
I don't recall anyone here ever saying you should never kill PCs under any circumstances. So, I'm taking the bait and giving you your (you)
>>
So my character Granny "Grisley" Griselda is making big cheap pies.

1 pound street meat - 2cp
1 pound potatoes - 1cp
1/2 pound flour - .5 cp
spices - .5 cp

This should put it at 4cp of material and 1sp 2cp market value. I'm doing this to be a kind granny to feeds street urchin kids out of her bakery with big cheap pie. Also she is a drug dealer out the back (makes drugs too), doesn't involve the kids though.

Is there any way I could make the pies cheaper?
>>
>>48063578
Replace the street meat with mystery meat, cut out the potatos and sub mystery vegetables. throw in some rice and beans as well, maybe some lentils.
>>
>>48063513
>http://edthebard.blogspot.com/2016/07/gm-advice-why-killing-pcs-is-good-for.html
dafuw does this have to do at all with /pfg/? are you just fishing for (you)s?

if so, here's one for free
>>
>>48063578
Fabricate
>>
File: 1447189223294.jpg (701 KB, 1200x858) Image search: [Google]
1447189223294.jpg
701 KB, 1200x858
>>48060701
What is Ruby Lemniscate's general theme or purpose?
Why the limitation against ever learning Fool's Errand maneuvers?
Why is this class so setting-specific and limited in scope? It feels more like it is meant to be an archetype for some other, more generic class, rather than being a full class in and of itself.
>>
>>48063598
Street meat is mystery meat. A combination of dog, pigeon, rat, cat, and horse.

I'll think about changing the potatoes for vegetable refuse, scraps I buy off of other places.
>>
File: disturbed goblin.png (219 KB, 306x298) Image search: [Google]
disturbed goblin.png
219 KB, 306x298
Y'know, I'm not a big fan of many of the spherecasting archetypes for many of the classes in Expanded Options. They honestly feel kinda dull and boring, and I don't like having to deal with more pools of points than I need to, especially since I already have to worry about spell points.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?
>>
>>48063578

Rival drug dealers are probably cheap meat substitutes.
>>
>>48063788
I... don't think there's any class archetype which increases the number of pointpools you need to worry about.

I mean, Arcanist keeps theirs, but you're ditching slots at the same time.

Magi actually LOSE theirs, since Spell Recall meant it was more straightforward to just fold it into their normal spell pool.
>>
>>48063792
I'm not gonna serve children human, that's evil.
>>
>>48063849
You're in the wrong line of work, then.
>>
File: 1465682086943.jpg (182 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1465682086943.jpg
182 KB, 1024x1024
>>48063849
What if the rival drug dealers are like, elves?
>>
>>48063816
>Magi actually LOSE theirs, since Spell Recall meant it was more straightforward to just fold it into their normal spell pool.
I can't believe I missed that. I thought it didn't.

I apologize, I'm retarded.

Still, I will say many of them are kinda boring
>>
>>48063849
What is evil? You cleaning up rival drug dealers who willingly sell to your children and repurposing them as a wonderful source of nutrition, bucking the capitalist shackles of the market, or being a big baby bitch and throwing out perfectly good dead bodies? At least make them undead or something.
>>
>>48063849
Seems an awful waste

I mean, with the price of meat, what it is
when you get it
good, you got it?
>>
>>48063887
Yeah, it's why they get extra spell points. That's where their pool went.

And as for them being boring... yeah they kind of are. They're not supposed to be super-interesting though, they're meant to stick as close to the base class as possible, just with Spherecasting.
>>
>>48063578
If those are official Pathfinder prices, they're for in-store prices and not shipments of supplies. You would be getting a stop from a wagon every month to stock up and paying someone in the merchant's guild before/after, not cleaning out the grocery store like an asshole just to run your pie shop.
>>
>>48063900
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001379.htm
>>
>>48064029
Easily solved by not serving humans or not serving the brain.
>>
>>48064029
>Kuru
I'm going to put this in my campaign now. A necromancer baker that takes the refuse from his magical studies and sells them as artisan pies to the elite, which turns them into zombies.
>>
>>48064077
You can already do that, Lazurite Flakes.
>>
>>48064089
>Lazurite Flakes
Dank as hell. Thanks, m8. Now I just need to get the poison past security and I will bring cities to their knees at the hands of delicious apple pie.
>>
>>48063965
Personally, I fee like since SoP is already such a homogeneous system, that the classes should've had much more to distinguish themselves with.

Also, instead of just getting more spell points, they should've had something cooler like recalling spell points from active effects or something like that
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.