[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #931: Triumphant Return of Jumpchain Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previous Thread
>>48073003
>>
File: AS62caeliaengaiaekamgae279.png (825 KB, 1024x636) Image search: [Google]
AS62caeliaengaiaekamgae279.png
825 KB, 1024x636
Praise Holy Terra!
>>
Jump 82: Blame!
>Ace of Wands (An opportunity to be met with boldness, vigor, and enthusiasm.)
>Location: The Capitol
>Identity: Silicon Life
Definitely going to have to use Be Not Afraid to make sure people don't just kill me right out of the gate. That is such a useful perk.
>Major Arcana: The Lovers (+100), The Star (+100)
>Scenario: Beyond the Bounds (+200)
>Technological Expert (1300)
There's all kinds of crazy stuff around here. Knowing what it is and how to use it is critical.
>Malleable Form (Free, Silicon Life)
Hopefully I can HIDE devices integrated into me with the appropriate application of this.
>Resilience (1200, Silicon Life)
Depending on how we define alternate forms... I may have a whole awful lot of them.
>Adaptation (900, Silicon Life)
Ah! And this is how we use Malleable Form to make sure that integrated things aren't making me look like some kind of Frankenstein.
>Blam Blam Blam! (800)
Pulling my punches, no matter what I use to throw them? Like say... guns? Useful.
>Selective Disintegration (600)
And doubly useful when I can target my attacks to deal with my enemies without badly hurting them, for certain situations.
>Sense of Scale (400)
This should work nicely alongside Superscale Skills, don't you think?
>Silicon Staff (0)
It's not a graviton beam emitter, but it appears to have that functionality over short range if I'm looking at this thing right, and I have another staff that I can merge this with to work nicely. As long as I'm not trying to shoot something in orbit, I imagine this would be incredibly useful.
>>
>>48083536
>Scenario Rewards: 6,400MB
Yes, I put Yion out of her misery. She desired death. Sometimes... a hard decision to make can be the right one.
>Autograft (512MB)
This should augment my other Silicon Life abilities nicely.
>SSB (512MB)
Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable...!
>STO (512MB)
A defense that conceals my weaknesses? Hm. I like it!
>AIC Field (512MB)
I can think of a great many situations where this will be useful against AI in the future.
>Worm (512MB)
Scrambling someone's thoughts seems like it would be basically like giving them ADHD temporarily. Except cranked up to eleven. Yes please.
>Latency (768MB)
And making someone bluescreen and keel over is even better!
>ping32 (768MB)
And scrambling their senses is EVEN BETTER!
I'm going to have to make a note to use all three of these at once on people who annoy me.
>Recompilation (B) (1024MB)
>Recompilation (W) (1024MB)
Both needed things for this world. Maybe as a result, things will start getting better.

I kind of don't want to talk too much about this jump. So much potential, but this place is just... way too screwed up.

I wanted to save Yion and she wanted to die. I'm going to be unhappy about that for a while.
>>
>>48083536
Don't blame yourself.
>>
And two for the price of one because I was waiting for the thread to not be in autosage before I posted builds.

Jump 83: BlazBlue
>Four of Pentacles (Living in a cloud of suspicion and prejudice.)
>Age: 25
>Location: Ibukido
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Gag Reel, Mooch (+50)
>Stylish Mode (Free, drop-in)
>Human GPS (900, drop-in)
>Observer (600, drop-in)
>Mage (0)

I'm not a fan of this setting to be honest, but I rolled it, so I jumped it. Gag Reel is the only thing that makes it tolerable but I'm not staying here one second longer than necessary.
>>
Out of curiosity, do we get our Necron "Father" from LoT as a companion? I kind of want to import him into the Necron jump, when and if that happens, so I can be his actual son. I just...feel bad deceiving him, and he's just so pitiable I can't abandon him.
>>
So how does Discordia Cannon from Sailor Moon work in jumps that don't take place on earth? Does the castle just appear nearby/can it be relocated?
>>
From Light of Terra:

"The Rewards of Heresy

There are a great many things you can obtain here. Your immortal, eternal soul is a small price to pay for such things, is it not?"

I know that being a psyker makes you more attractive to the warp, but does gaining psyker status in this jump literally require me to relinquish my soul?
>>
>>48083560
Nope, unfortunately not.

Man, a necron jump would be totally tits though.
>>
>>48083565
It's probably just fluff. Most everyone ignores it anyway.
>>
>>48083557
I can't help but blame myself though. But how do you save someone who's been through all of that? When death is the greatest mercy that can be granted to them?
>>
File: Hydra_logo.png (56 KB, 2067x2067) Image search: [Google]
Hydra_logo.png
56 KB, 2067x2067
Jumpers, how did you choose to deal with HYDRA in the MCU?
>>
>>48083573
Aw, that's too bad. He's like this old man who's still living a life that ended long ago, constantly waging war, and all he wants to do is see his son again. I'm half tempted to come back post-Spark and not only help him, but give him his son back, maybe with a happier, non-death filled life this time.
>>
>>48083594
A reminder that Captain America is now a Hydra agent.
>>
>>48083625
Something something Professor X+Red Skull something.
>>
>>48083561
It appears where Eris would be.
>>
>>48083625
In the comics or in the movies? Honestly couldn't care less if it's the former.
>>
>>48083594
Same way I deal with most things.

By being an unstoppable magical cybernetic apocalypse who solves problems with copious amounts of violence.
>>
>>48083625
>Captain Hydra
FTFY
>>
>>48083625
That was revealed to be brainwashing in the very next issue. In other words, the world record for backpeddling.
>>
File: manhattan.jpg (76 KB, 600x523) Image search: [Google]
manhattan.jpg
76 KB, 600x523
>>48083594
...are you implying something?
>>
File: EclipsePhasePC.jpg (107 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
EclipsePhasePC.jpg
107 KB, 750x600
>>48083256
Thanks for the update. I can't wait to give Firewall paranoid nightmares with my borderline-exurgent biology and pick through the TITANs' garbage.

It's hard to give specific suggestions because I'm not sure what's in or not, but if it were me making it, I wouldn't put too much into Morphs, Augments or Gear, at least as far as CP options go. While Jumpers can get around the whole "You can't take it with you" issue, most EP stuff is disposable by design. Provide what's needed to get by in a location and/or profession, maybe give a few examples of the techbase, and let the jumper handle their own acquisition from there.

...I mean, unless you're fluffing those portions as including perfectly smuggleable nanofab blueprints. That might be worth CP.
>>
>>48083634
So it's useless for jumps on the other side of the galaxy?
>>
File: 0% greedy.gif (874 KB, 482x1039) Image search: [Google]
0% greedy.gif
874 KB, 482x1039
>>48083633
Actually it's Cosmic-Cube-Turned-Little-Girl Was Red Skull's Plan All Along And She Retconned Cap Into Being HYDRA All Along

Or so I've been told.
>>
>>48083594
A very large amount of mind reading.
>>
>>48083650
Relative Eris. Choose a distance equivalent to Eris from Earth.
>>
>>48083641
They were going to that or something like it anyway, they just did it immediately because they realized their fanbase would riot before they got to that point.
>>
>>48083594
Think I took that drawback that means Coulson actually dies and then got my companion to take his place.

So with delegation.
>>
>>48083641
Didn't they say it wasn't brainwashing before? That is was the real steve rogers
>>
>>48083646
I'd rather buy them from the jump really.
>>
>>48083665
Yes.
>>
>>48083665
The writer did, yes. Again, they backpeddled like their careers depended on it.
>>
>>48083659
Ah, that makes sense
>>
>>48083698
Comics are like SNL. They're horribly, horribly shit for long, long stretches but every now and again the stars align and they're magical for a while.

We're in one of the many not so magical periods at the moment.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48083331
>>48083370
90 Axe Cop
Drop-In
Wait, that doesn't work, Super-Ultra Strength Apocalypse repellent -100, Bro -100, Unicorn Horn -600,
Sun Picking Up Gloves -200,
Right, time to hit the bar.
Continue
1 Van Helsing
2 Devil Survivor 2
3 Sailor Moon
4 Alan Wake
5 Soma
6 Long Live the Queen
7 Spyro the Dragon
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
So, RWBY question here. Apparently, Aura/Semblances come from the soul, right? So would a stronger soul produce a stronger Aura/Semblance? Like, if I had Strong Soul from Soul Eater or a human SOUL from Undertale.
>>
>>48083744
Devil Survivor 2, need a new 2.
>>
>>48083744
>Devil Survivor 2
Uh oh. Prepare for a bad time.
>>
>>48083698
That's probably because their careers DO depend on it. Marvel's been treading very dangerously over the last year or two and their subscription numbers have plummeted as a result. They're pandering to a demographic that does not buy comic books, and alienating the demographic that DOES buy comic books.
>>
>>48083758
VTMB
>>
Are there any perks to learn skills just from reading a book describing them?
>>
>>48083747
Off had you'd probably have a stronger over all semblance (stronger in so much as over all effect, like if you had Pyrrah's magnetics, it'd either be a stronger pull or wider field) or, if nothing else, more Aura/whatever fuels Semblances to pull on.
>>
>>48083771
Watching several corporations go through the exact same song and dance and dying, it makes me laugh.
>>
>>48083785
There's something in one of the Elder Scrolls, Morroblivion, I think.
>>
>>48083797
I used to laugh at that. I'm seeing so many of them go through the same thing that I've stopped laughing and started getting genuinely concerned about the implications of what may be coming as a result of it.
>>
How hard would it be to introduce TES style magic to your CIV in Civilization?
>>
>>48083810
I am pretty sure that that one just gives you a boost to any skills you have that are related to the subject of the book.
>>
>>48083764
yeah, I'm not expecting sunshine and lolipops.
>>48083781
queued Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines I'm assuming(can't think of anything else that acronym might be).
>>
>>48083665
...Are they legitimately retarded?
>>
>>48083821
The big directors, Spielberg and the like, have been talking about the blockbuster bubble for years. Looking at US domestic ticket sales right now gives some credence to some of what they've been saying. Granted, the international market is exploding but that's a very different audience.
>>
>>48083822
Extremely unless that sort of thing would be bundled with an import.
>>
>>48083839
Possibly.
>>
>>48083854
D&D magic the better play?
>>
>>48083771
That reminds me, did Thor ever get his hammer back?
>>
File: frodono.gif (500 KB, 245x132) Image search: [Google]
frodono.gif
500 KB, 245x132
>wondering which Jump has the best halflings, looking into a halfling-centric build
>realize I'd have to go Kender in Dragonlance
>>
>>48083663
Hey Cat's, are you able to answer a lore/perk question I have about the Morrowind/Oblivion jump?
>>
File: 1436057356227.png (276 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1436057356227.png
276 KB, 1000x1000
>>48083876
>ever going Kender in Dragonlance
>>
>>48083876
Making sacrifices for your desired build is normal anon.
>>
>>48083876
There is literally nothing wrong with Kenders.
>>
>>48083884
Hey KOTOR, did you make Samurai Jack?
>>
>>48083876
Just go Gnome that time.
>>
>>48083898
Yes.
>>
>>48083876
Once you go Kender you can never surrender.
>>
>>48083889
I just wanted to eat multiple breakfasts a day and be cozy.

Why did this happen?
>>
File: Doom Paul.gif (2 MB, 606x423) Image search: [Google]
Doom Paul.gif
2 MB, 606x423
>>48083876
>>
>>48083875
Actual Thor or female Thor who is separate and distinct, and less pleasing to SJW's, from Lady Thor?
>>
>>48083912
Why are all physical the options so low-powered? Iirc, Jack did stuff like jump into the upper atmosphere with a huge-ass boulder on his back and kill several skilled bounty hunter in the time a drop of water could fall a few inches.
>>
File: 1238639938566.jpg (44 KB, 1233x697) Image search: [Google]
1238639938566.jpg
44 KB, 1233x697
>>48083916
Because you're a thief and pure scum
>>
>>48083916
>Why did this happen?
>link related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCZR-KJFohA
>>
>>48083944
It shouldn't have to be this way.
>>
>>48083936
Dong!Thor.
>>
>>48083982
They're still doubling down on female Thor last I read.
>>
Can someone direct me to some perks for resistance to biological manipulation/absorption?
>>
>>48084060
Are they still doing the whole "Odin is a gibbering asshole and Freyja is a perfect angel who dindu nuffin"?
>>
>>48084060
You know what honestly annoys me about this shit? It's not the replacing of characters who have been around for decades, though that does annoy me. It's not the obvious pandering to people who don't even read or like comics, though that does annoy me. It's not even the hamfisted way they shove it in your face, though that does annoy me.

It's that almost every single one of these fucking characters, is a terrible fucking character. Or is boring as all hell. Miles Morals is the easiest one to point to. Fucker has been Spiderman for years at this point. But every fucking storyline is "I can't live up to peter parker" shit goes down "I CAN live up to peter parker". The exact same shit again and again and a-fucking-gain. MOVE THE FUCK ON!
>>
>>48083963
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYAPgPH9hsI
>>
>>48084105
To be fair it's not like they don't also reduce established characters to 2d stereotypes at times because they can't be bothered to write a dynamic character. Admittedly it's easier to do with new ones who don't have established traits yet though.
>>
>>48084093
I think Drop In for Street Sharks has one that makes you immune to genetic manipulation.
>>
>>48083942
>Enhanced Senses: Your sense of smell, sight and hearing are enhanced to near supernatural levels. You can detect extremely faint scent trails to track people, hear an arrow coming at you from the other side of a forest clearing and see with 20/10 vision.
>Enhanced Stamina: You're able to keep going for long periods of time, you could climb a mountain with hardly any rest, or fight off an opponent for hours without tiring.
>Enhanced Strength: You could lift man-sized rocks or punch through thin layers of metal with your incredible strength.
>Enhanced Speed: Your natural movement speeds are enhanced and you can Sprint at about 20 mph.
>Indomitable Will: No matter what happens, no matter what misfortunes you suffer, you'll always be able to find a way to carry on and complete your goals. You can endure excessive amounts psychological stress, shrug off depression, and overcome negative emotions like anger or sadness.
These are not low-powered. They grant you pretty much all the same peak human feats Jack and a few other character's displayed.

>Jack did stuff like jump into the upper atmosphere with a huge-ass boulder on his back

See Enhanced Agility
>Jump good, you can propel yourself up to 50ft in the air and gain better control over your own body.

Granted this isn't as impressive as Jack, and the original description was more vague, but it's still very generous and you could try to find the guy who taught jack how to jump like that in the first place. Or maybe see if Jack himself will train you.

>kill several skilled bounty hunter in the time a drop of water could fall a few inches.

First, that was mostly skill and experience from who know how many ambushes. Second;
>Enhanced Reflexes: You can react so fast that time will seem to slow down a bit, giving you a few extra seconds to think of your next move.
>>
>>48084131
True, but at least some of the characters being replaced, like Peter Parker, are LIKEABLE 2d sterotypes. When Spidy gets made a Sterotype he's usually just "Well meaning guy, who wise cracks". Which is at least LIKEABLE. More likeable that "Why can't I like up to peter parker's legacy?"
>>
>>48084131
Comics are garbage.

I wish I could express that opinion without coming off as some random asshat. But while I enjoy the character concepts and individual cherry picked stories might be good, comics on the whole are garbage and don't know what they're doing.
You're better off just being casual and waiting for movies and TV stuff.
>>
>>48084193
>You're better off just being casual and waiting for movies and TV stuff.
You're not wrong. But I would recommend reading the Good Storylines as well.
>>
>>48084149
Eh, they just don't seem that impressive and are very vague the way they're written. If they can explicitly be trained up to the higher levels though, then that satisfies me.
>>
>>48084221
You can improve the physical perks through training.
>>
>>48084221
>>48084240
Out of curiosity, how dangerous is Samurai Jack as an early jump?
>>
>>48084193
The way I view the comics (on the whole) is like fanfiction. There are definitely gems, but for the most part it's a bunch of people writing the same characters and none of them get it right.
>>
>>48084149
20 mph sprinting speed isn't near as impressive as the shit Jack pulls off, and not even that good for peak human.
>>
>>48084264
A very skilled swordsman is considered one of the strongest characters in the setting.
>>
File: Aku.png (43 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
Aku.png
43 KB, 403x403
>>48084264
Not very dangerous at all. Go on Anon. Also anger Aku, it'll be fun.
>>
If I recieve a fatal blow with the DETERMINATION perk from Undertale and am melting, would it be possible to save myself with healing magic or regeneration perks? What about resurrection magic?
>>
>>48084280
It is! It really is. People make fun of fanfic writers, but what else would you call someone who read Batman comics as a kid, then went on write Batman comics as an adult?
>>
>>48084264
The civilized spots are kindof cyberpunk with magic? Lots of guns and swords. Aku's presence as leader has caused a lot of barely disguised anarchy. There's not really any government besides "Aku is in charge."

So it depends. How effective are you at fighting off hordes of nameless mooks and bounty hunters with guns and swords?
If your answer is, "That sounds like a free meal", you're fine. If on the other hand you thought, "That sounds scary!", maybe swing by some other jumps first and pick up skills first.
>>
>>48084291
You mean a ludicrously skilled swordsman, wielding an indestructible sword forged by the gods to be the bane of all evil.
>>
>>48084353
Who was also training around the world most of his life before he went to fight aku right?
>>
>>48084291
>>48084353
Said swordsman keeps a fragment of a cosmic horror awake at night, has fought and beaten several demons, and managed to earn the respect of literally the greatest hunters in the universe.
>>
File: image.png (683 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
683 KB, 1920x1080
Why is companion import for Persona so expensive? They only get a persona.
>>
>>48084380
"Only" get a Persona is relative when even beginning level ones can do insane damage.
>>
>>48084353
He would still be top tier with a regular sword.
>>
>>48084380
Why is it whenever you post that pic it's accompanied with a massive whine.
>>
>>48076105
There is a canon companion option. Two of them, technically.
Fuck Rachel
>>
>>48084264
The world is full of slavers, crazy bounty hunters, killer robots and bloodthirsty monsters. Aku has his eyes on the entire world, a lot of places are stuck with tech from the middle ages, and being a skilled fighter doesn't always guarantee your survival.

But! Aku is an idiot and countless normal people have been shown living safe, and sometimes even happy lives in the world's larger or more peaceful settlements. And a lot of people without superhuman capabilities have been able to survive or even prosper.

So it's only really dangerous if you don't have any survival skills, combat experience, or powerful equipment.
>>
>>48084416
In the ass with a spade before setting her on fire and pissing on the corpse.
>>
>>48084380
Because "just" a Persona gives them access to a manifested aspect of their ego and self with access to a list of spells and abilities.

Seriously. Do a bit of research before whinging.
>>
>>48084346
>>48084425
Thanks.
>>
>>48084380
How much is it?
If it costs 600/300 or more for the number you want, just grab the option that let's you give people personae.
>>
>>48084380
Speaking of Persona Whining:

Sandalphon a shit.
>>
>>48083876
Be a Taladas Kender. They're paranoid murderous hillbillies.
>>
>>48084505
200cp per import with double the number per purchase.
>>
>>48084521
Anon, that's not whining, that's the truth.
>>
>>48084439
Why would you piss on the corpse? Just burn it again, until there's nothing left.
>>
>>48084380
Because you're supposed to make new friends and then leave them behind tearfully.
>>
>>48084398
Definitely, thus "ludicrously skilled".

Also here's a respect-thread. https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/2efkrg/respect_samurai_jack
>>
>>48084555
Just grab the give everyone personae option then. That's shit for an option that doesn't give anything but the basic in setting ability that you can just give them anyway.
>>
>>48084580
>>48084574
whynotboth.jpeg
>>
>>48084416
Nah I just gave her the pimp hand. I don't fuck that kind of stupid.
>>
>>48084602
Because of the smell.
>>
>>48084574
I can always burn it again afterwards but the main benefit is that her disembodied soul, which has been soul trapped of course, has to watch all this. The soul can then sit in a hole with no contact for while while I figure out what form of eternal torment is most appropriate.
>>
>>48084625
Use it to enchant a toilet. Make sure it can taste.
>>
>>48084599
It's for non-Psychologist builds.

Unless we're gonna start getting into the "building wrong" argument.
>>
>>48084625
>>48084634
Okay, I have to know: why is she so throughly despised?
>>
>>48084555
Evokers are much cheaper, as is Psychologist.
>>
>>48084634
Kinky
>>
>>48084675
Don't bring Politics into the thread please
>>
>>48084634
That would give her long breaks from the suffering when the toilet is not in use, I need a more constant and unending form of torture. Toilet might be a good place to start but maybe a septic tank? Not sure if I can find such a thing in the Tower though and I will need to leave her behind since I don't want to companion that despicable thing.
>>
>>48084595
Holy shit. Just watched the Jack vs Bounty Hunters water drop fight. Naruto ninjas wish they were that fast.
>>
>>48084675
Unless you're planning to make a The Apprentice jump, this is neither the time nor the place.

If you are making a The Apprentice jump, then I want a perk that lets me make dramatic two word declarations that hit people with the emotional impact of a bomb drop.
>>
>>48084685
Naw man I'm talking about the West Wing jump
>>
>>48084702
As has been said, Jack is a MONSTER of a badass normal. His sword is the only thing supernatural about him, and yet the only two who defeated him are the Hunting group and the Portal Guardian. And we know he'll eventually beat the latter, which would mean he could beat the former eventually too.
>>
>>48084740
Nah brah, you aren't.
>>
>>48084740
Funny, I don't recall a baby hands drawback in that Jump.
>>
>>48084647
I could tell you, but that would be spoilers.
>>48084688
Bruh, you need to take breaks in the unending torment, or they'll get used to it.
>>
>>48084789
...You know that's what spoiler tags are for, right?
>>
>>48084795
Dude, people still bitch about spoilers - even when spoiler-tags are used.

Don't ask me why, it's confusing.
>>
>>48084800
I think you can double bag spoilers but don't hold me to it
>>
>>48084828
You can but is there THE TRIPLE SPOILER REVEAL?
>>
File: 1400809122780.jpg (43 KB, 341x347) Image search: [Google]
1400809122780.jpg
43 KB, 341x347
>>48084558
I'm glad you agree.

The Moon Arcana is really fucked over for good choices and it sucks.
>>
>>48084647
This is what happened in summery, it is spoiler as fuck though.

She is the center of the universe to the MC who is equal parts badass and crippled puppy pitiable because she is the only one to ever visit the empty cave he was trapped in.

When she got the chance to climb the tower she abandoned him to live there alone forever.

When he entered the tower himself and found her she hid from him and tried to avoid any contact at all, knowing that all he wanted in life was to see his only friend.

When she was injured an unable to continue he risked his life taking an extremely dangerous test to let her keep climbing the tower, because that is what she wanted and she was still important to him despite leaving him alone in the cave.

During the test after he saved her from a monster she threw him away to die since he had already killed the monster for her.

After passing the test and killing him she then conned all the friends he had made into helping her climb the tower, "to honor his memory".

She actually manages to get worse later on.
>>
>>48084863
Well of course there are.
>>
>>48084908
I'll be damned. I'm pretty sure that used to work, but I guess not anymore..
>>
>>48084903
Please tell me she gets her comeuppances later on or has she avoided it so far?
>>
>>48084942
So far she is still going strong and still fucking everyone over.
>>
>>48084903
>All of that
...so, I think I'm going to use a pod, take her to BC when it comes out, and give her to the daemons of Slaanesh as a present. Or maybe just take her to Commorragh and give her to the Dark Elder. Whatever works.
>>
>>48084903
So wait, does he just die and the story follows her instead?
>>
>>48084959
So who else is going to murder this bitch even if it makes the MC hate you?
>>
>>48084398
He's top tier with anything. Shields, a pole of bamboo, high heels, cyborg limbs, giant robots, a fucking chicken beak. The man has every weapon proficiency.
>>
File: mr-burns-laughing.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
mr-burns-laughing.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>48084903
Once again proving that the TRUE path to victory is the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP.
>>
>>48084967
More spoilers.

He is saved from death by some evil as fuck bastards who needed an Irregular and basically make him their slave by threatening his friends lives.

He still considers her precious to him and continues to seek her to this day, despite knowing that she helped the assholes holing his friends hostage.
>>
>>48084966
You can't drop someone off in a setting if you have a pod. If you dismiss them they just go back to their original setting. But I get what you're going for and I support the sentiment.
>>
>>48085012
Eugh. She's like an onion made of shit.
>>
>>48084307
The DETERMINATION Perk just has you at the proverbial 1HP. Healing should work.
>>
>>48084974
Death is not good enough, binding her soul to a toilet while having her keep her sense of taste wasn't even good enough.
>>
>>48084675
Oh yeah definitely. I mean, having variable superpowers that change according to my needs? Hell fucking yes, I'm taking that. One of my better decisions, rare as they are.

Wait, you're talking about Worm, right?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>48083744
91 Devil Survivor 2
Osaka
Age 22
Drop-In
Donā€™t be ridiculous!, Bunny Ears Lawyer -100, Shining One -200, Record Breaker -300, Dance Dance Revolution -200, Youā€™re so handsome! -50, Hee-Ho! -100,
Alcor/Al Saiduq/The Anguished One(Sword of Polaris, Stealth Hi/Bye, Good Soldier, Bunny Ears Lawyer)-300,
Wi-Fi -50, Bike -50, Blue Phone, Bunny Jacket -100, Shiki-Ouji -150,
Sleep, Master of Memories +600, Bonus Boss Bananza +0,
Well, this is a fine kettle of fish. I have to convince Al to rebel against fate or polaris or whatever. Who seems to be trying to kill Al anyway. Oh, and these two major demons Belial and Nebiros want to fight me for some reason. Also, there is a little girl Alice who seems to think killing people is how you make friends. Oh well, time to kick some ass. Well, with a little help from Tarja not only did we beat the two demons and the little girl(who seems pretty powerful as well), we befriended the hell out of them(a bit of therapy no jutsu plus magical punishment! works like a charm. New friends yay! Sadly the big bad isn't as easy, but needs must where the devil drives. And we will survive.
Continue
1 Van Helsing
2 Vampire the Masquerade Bloodline
3 Sailor Moon
4 Alan Wake
5 Soma
6 Long Live the Queen
7 Spyro the Dragon
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>48085024
Someone has a combo for eating and regurgitating souls in later jumps, I am going to find a way to give her an Eldar form and let Slaanesh introduce her to it's collection of dragon dildos.
>>
>>48085067
Van Helsing! need a new 1
>>
>>48085035
And the bad guys force the puppy to kick everything's ass in as brutal a way as possible to become a symbol of fear throughout the Tower so they can have a revolution. This isolates him, and he still just wants to be not alone anymore. Rachel takes the chance to hatch a few more schemes that try to get the puppy MC killed to obtain more power.
>>
>>48085078
Outlaw Star
>>
>>48085078
Stormhawks.
>>
Jump 84: Slayers
>Knight of Wands, reversed (A hot temper and domineering nature, coupled with a love of false drama and all things theatrical.)
... oh god. This isn't me. I know who this is. This is Naga.
Must. Run. Faster.
>Age: 21
>Location: The Kingdom of Dils
>Identity: Adventurer (-200)
>Drawbacks: The Death of the Abominable Fiend, Anon! (+100), They're Talking About A Girl Named Anon!? (+200), That's A Secret! (+200)
So. There's a play where I'm a villain? Eh, I can live with it, my skeletal form is pretty spooky. Though who knew there were so many pervs who liked to creep on skeletons in obviously fake wigs? I guess Xellos is one of them. Shocker.
>Treasure Sense (1200, Adventurer)
Detect any magical items within a day's walk for me? That should be about thirty miles. This would have been handy during my time at Hogwarts... oh well.
>Life is Wonderful! (1000)
This has even further implications for the people who choose to worship me. It's funny, I never actually went looking for that, but I keep finding perks that will make it ever more rewarding.
>High Bucket Capacity (850, Adventurer)
Being able to cast stronger spells is a plus.
>High Pool Capacity (650, Adventurer)
Being able to cast more is even better.
>Basic Magic (Free)
Well, of course I'm going to learn how to use the local magic.
>Elemental Specialty (550)
How about a little fire, scarecrow?
>Black Magic Specialty (450, Adventurer)
This seems to be the most flexible magic available.
>Grand Sorcery (250, Adventurer)
It makes sense to take it to its natural conclusion.
>Cool Cape (Free)
Well, all the other kids have them...
>Bags of Gold (200)
Into the treasure hoard YOU go.
>Pentagram Bangle (Free, Adventurer)
Nice bracelet. I'm sure I can integrate this into my gauntlet.
>Shifting Scabbard (0)
I've finally got a proper holster for whatever weapon I choose to be carrying that day. Very nice.

Ohohohoho.

OHOHOHOHO.
>>
>>48085073
Oh. Well, yeah, that's not even a combo. That's just a straight perk. Go to Valkyrie Profile, jump it as a Valkyrie and you basically become a soul ferry. So kill her, put her soul inside of you for transport, then drop her soul off somewhere in 40k.

Yeah, that works.
>>
File: ABSOLUTLEY LIVID..jpg (232 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTLEY LIVID..jpg
232 KB, 1440x900
>>48085080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EddX9hnhDS4
>>
>>48085080
Good god the creator of this series just wants someone to torture it seems.
>>
>>48085046
Pat is that you?
>>
>>48085092
queued
>>48085094
saved
>>
>>48085101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbfaF5otJv0
>>
>>48085102
No, I need to give her an Eldar form so that she gets the extra special She Who Thirsts treatment. It still isn't bad enough for her but it is the best I have.
>>
>>48085080
And the Author says she is an anti-hero. This isn't heroic at all. This is a villain through and through.
>>
>>48085166
>Anti-Hero
I don't think that word means what he thinks it means.
>>
>>48085129
I was watching that on loop while I did my build. I wanted to make sure I was in the right mindset of being completely and utterly doomed.
>>
>>48085166
None of what you've described is at all heroic, though. Who the fuck is the author? Please tell me it's some dumbass teen who doesn't know any better.
>>
>>48085166
She can burn, she cannot have the sweet release of death! She doesn't deserve that mercy.
>>
>>48084093
Bad Blood from Horror Movies

Sort of a general 'don't eat me' perk.
I think it applies here, at least a little.
>>
>>48085103
>>48085114
>>48085166
Puppy's not shit friends he made in the tower eventually come and save him he even manages to make some more friends during the lonely period because he's a puppy and how do you hate him? The evil guys take them away for a while though. One in particular hates Rachel to hell and back and has made it his personal mission in life to make her life as brief, painful, and humiliating as possible. He's a hyper competent strategist and troll extraordinaire, so he does get digs in, though his first attempt to murder her fails.
>>
>>48085178
dem tatays do
>>
>>48085179
Written and illustrated by Slave.In.Utero nicknamed SIU
>>
>>48085166
I'm fairly certain that that's a mistranslation.
>>
>>48085191
I am pleased by this, and I will lend all my jumping powers and items to assist that man in his holy mission.
He has my bow.
>>
>>48085179
SIU, Tower of god is actually really good despite Rachel continuing to get away with shit like this.

She has some of the team puppy's friends formed to help her climb killed/crippled when she gets discovered, she doesn't even need to do this to escape she just did that for reasons.
>>
>>48085192
The same could be said about Peg Bundy. No matter how hot she is, you know some guy somewhere is fed up with her shit. Except in this particular case no one wants to put up with it in the first place.
>>
>>48085215
Well the new "official" translation site has bungled a few things, they fucked with a bunch of names that the fan translation had much better.
>>
So, looking at the Tower of God jump (because this discussion piqued my interest), does A Monster's Strength affect out-of-jump mystical abilities too, or just the Tower of God ones?
>>
>>48085301
I think Tower of gods ones but I am not sure I need to read the perk.
>>
>>48085301
It should work for out of setting stuff, it doesn't say otherwise and there is nothing in it to imply that it is shinsoo only.
>>
>Rachel
Is there any justification given for why she acts the way she does? In narrative, does she give some kind of story or dialogue or monologue where she explains why she's acting this way?

I legit cannot understand this character as you're describing her.
>>
>>48085301
The fact that is says raw mystical abilities and not shinsoo implies that it works on out of setting abilities. Not quite sure what 'raw' implies though.
>>
>>48085333
No. She's just psychotic, petty, and really incredibly double ultra jealous of others. Because even she knows she's shit.
>>
>>48085333
Basically the tower is her chance to fulfill her dreams, when Baam follows her and thrives in a world that she can't hope to compete in. . .

Jealousy is ugly, horrifyingly ugly in this case.
>>
>>48085382
She's also an irregular isn't she?
>>
>>48085362
>>48085382
>Jealousy
Got it. Makes more sense now. She's still horrible, but at least I understand the motivation.
>>
>>48085394
Sort of, she sucks though. He is mentioned to be weak in comparison to other irregulars because his talents were hidden at first but she has no talents at all and is only able to climb by manipulating others.

There is alsoa fan theory that Baam opened the door to the tower and she just hitched a ride.
>>
>>48085301
On a related note, if you take both that and A King's Chosen, exactly how powerful does that make you?
>>
>>48083876

So which Jump DOES have the best Halflings, anyway?
>>
>>48085454
A Monster's Strength is supposed to make you Baam iirc and A King's Chosen is a Princess of Zahard. So add those together I guess?
>>
>>48085394
The first thing she is told after entering is that she sucks and is unworthy of entering the tower. She wasn't chosen to enter, she just got in because Baam was there and he had the strength to enter the tower from the outside.
>>
>>48085491
Oh, uh, never read the series. Honestly do not t even know what the median power level is supposed to be.
>>
>>48085191
Don't forget that she's the creator's pet and he defends her actions at every turn!
>>
>>48085490
LoTR.
>>
>>48085503
You sure? I haven't seen SIU try to do that at all.
>>
>>48085503
SIU is a colossal troll.
>>
>>48085575
So like Wildbow?
>>
>>48085605
Rachael seemed like a tolerable character right up to her big betrayal which let the us know the meaning behind her behavior up to that point.

But the reputation for trolling was prevalent before that due to SIU also making a lot of traps.
>>
>>48085674
>making alot of traps
And that's a bad thing?
>>
>>48083634
Man, the Systems Alliance are gonna be so confused...
>>
>>48085727
Not necessarily but SIU waited a while to reveal that some of them were actually male, there are also some girls who look like traps so it can get confusing whenever SIU introduces a new character with that look.
>>
I need to hide a tank up my skirt but I'm drawing a blank where to find perks that let me do it. Pls help?
>>
>>48084702
Fight? That implies the bounty hunters had a chance ya know.
>>
>>48085490
Dark Sun. Cannibal Halflings that live in a mountainous jungle that consider anything non-Halfling to be edible. They even have friendly chirping spiders that they farm.
>>
>>48085780
>I need to hide a tank up my skirt
I'm not into kinkshaming but...
>>
>>48085780
Hide something you can turn into a tank.
>>
>>48085780
Soft Physics from worm gives you full Loony Toons powers as long as you are awake, if you are fine with removing it while you sleep you can use the OG style hammerspace for it.
>>
>>48085780
Afro storage from Panty & Stocking? I don't know if it would cover a tank though.
>>
>>48085780
Size-increasing perks.
It'll fit better that way.
>>
>>48085812
>>48085841
L-lewd! So lewd!

>>48085815
That's not a bad idea except I really want to see the look on my enemies face when a tank cannon takes aim at them with a healthy dose of fan service.

>>48085819
That's exactly what I'm looking for. Not familiar with the setting though. I'll look into it.

>>48085838
Could be worth a look. I might be able to get that to work with some shrinking tech.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>48085780
Take Witch of Space in Sburb.
>>
>>48085874
The Worm perk involves going to that setting, which is going to have a god like being, who is strong enough to roll some late chain jumpers, throw an epic tantrum a year or to into your jump.
>>
>>48085874
>I really want to see the look on my enemies face when a tank cannon takes aim at them with a healthy dose of fan service.
Must suck that the anon making Senran Kagura disappeared, because this is Mirai's whole gimmick. That and being the token loli.
>>
>>48085929
Unless you kill Evil Kimmie Scmidt, in which case he throws his tantrum ten years and change later.
>>
>>48085943
The guy whose shard is basically the power to instinctively avoid getting killed by other capes. . .
>>
>>48085954
Isn't it a good thing you can pick up anti-precognitive perks in the Jump?
>>
>>48085970
True, that would do it.
>>
>>48085954
I love Lunar Dial.
>>
>>48085886
I think this might be my answer. I might be able to survive Sburb.

>>48085930
... It sounds like I should really look into this.

>>48085929
And just like that, I know where I'm not going. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>48084903
Meh, your average villain does way more horrible shit than her. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't deserve any mercy, but the "torture her for all eternity" thing feels like pure /r9k/.
>>
>>48085929
Just get some kind of Time Stop and Avada Kedavra his ass. Scion's slow as shit, with barely above human reflexes (somehow). Not to mention, literally no play with the supernatural.
>>
>>48085997
Not gonna post it but im just gonna say googling "Mirai Senran Kagura special attacks" will give you the idea
>>
>>48085874
Who's going to be piloting the tank?

Keep in mind they're getting a bright, shining view when stashing them upskirt.
>>
>>48086015
Yudowsky please go and stay go.
>>
>>48086021
I have googled and watched some of the video I discovered. I must now own this game. For... research purposes.

>>48086026
You're implying I'm smuggling just one Companion inside the tank. And that I'm wearing underwear.

You'd be wrong on both accounts.
>>
>>48086015
You'll need to put a hell of a lot of magical might behind it, but that should work.
>>
>>48086075
The game is also fun as hell dynasty warrior like game.
>>
>>48085988
Or Bayonetta's Magic Works. Or Quicksilver Style. Or...Book of the End (I felt dirty just saying that).
>>
>>48086118
>Book of the End
>I felt dirty just saying that.

Why is that?
>>
>>48086009
>She's a horrible person but she's a woman so everyone that hates her is a neckbeard!
>>
>>48086149
It's from Bleach and a Fullbring Ability owned by Tsukushima, aka Facebook. It literally self-inserts you into someone's past, or the past of an area. So you pull of some, "Nah, I was here earlier (even if you were never there before) and I set some explosives to go off right about now."

It's bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit.
>>
>>48086085
Why would you need to put that much power behind it?
>>
>>48086174
Oh, Bleach...

Yeah, I can see why.
>>
>>48066510
>>48066572
How about if I use Real Eater to change the 'heating up to the point of the sun' ability into a black aura that deals death damage equal to the fire damage that the original ability deals, and then use Real Eater again to change the flame hardening and control ability into a shadow hardening and control ability that again deals death damage equal to what the regular fire damage would be?
>>
>>48086037
What?
>>
>>48086197
You can only use Real Eater on any given ability once and can only make one change with it.
>>
How long do Pym Particle sizeshifts last? Is it indefinite until changed? Are there any negative side effects?

And just to be clear, I'm asking for items, not living creatures.
>>
>>48086224
Aren't the heating up and fire hardening separate abilities though?
>>
>>48086224
You can use Real Eater once at a time, you can redo a change as much as you want as long as you undo the initial one.
>>
>>48086258
It's the same perk you're using it on though.
>>
>>48086328
It's not a perk though, it's a race that gives you multiple abilities. One of these is heating up your body to the temperature of the sun, and one is hardening flames (which also increases their temperature)
>>
>>48086186
Probably because Scion is a Big Guy for you.

I wouldn't trust HP magic to do anything like that anyway; it's too fuckin' finicky and has some weird, arbitrary rules.

Other ideas for dealing with the Golden Douche have been:
1. Convince him that the supernatural exists, that he has a soul, and that Eden is waiting for him in the afterlife, where there willl be infinite energy and matter to consume, so he should quietly kill/shut himself down. He's childlike before he goes murder-monster, so it'd be pretty easy to convince him, relatively speaking. This one is probably the least power intensive, relying on your actual supernatural abilities (for show) and a shitload of bluffing.

2. Use some sort of voodoo/hoodoo magic system to use his human body as a voodoo doll for his true form, and kill him through it. I don't remember exactly which system the anon who thought this idea up was planning on using, though.

3. Just do what canon does on an accelerated track: mind control every Tinker to work together to make a fuckhuge gun, then make Flechette/Foil shoot the human form. All while bullying the shit out of him psychically. He drops his guard because of the bullying, then the gun somehow makes his body like a portal to his true form, and Foil shoots him, fucking up his true form on an epic scale.
>>
>>48086352
You mixed up that last one, actually. Foil's power makes his body into a portal (because reasons), and the BFG just fucks him up real good.
>>
>>48086328

Not them, but technically Real Eater doesn't target perks. It targets supernatural abilities.
>>
>>48086352
>convincing him that everything will be better in the afterlife
>not convincing him that it will never get better and the only way to end his pain is to commit suicide
I mean sure you could kind of do both, but if you are going to get someone to commit suicide might as well be an asshole about it.
>>
File: batmanrain.gif (299 KB, 448x256) Image search: [Google]
batmanrain.gif
299 KB, 448x256
>>48086352
>Convince him that Eden is waiting for him in the afterlife
That's kindof sad, actually. I'm sad now.
Anon, why you gotta make me feel sad about Golden Boy?
>>
>>48086352
>>48086395
>>48086401
>Using my Afterlife plan
YAY!
>>
>>48086373
Sorry.
I haven't actually finished reading it, I just know what happened from reading spoilers here and I guess I got it confused. I'm at the point where Weaver becomes Khepri, though, so I'm not terribly disappointed.

>>48086395
Scion, like all Entities, and all lifeforms, really, is motivated by continued existence/immortality. Convincing him that things will get better when he shuts down and moves on will hit that part of his instinctual programming for survival, ironically. Telling him that it will only get worse could haveā€¦ unpredictable results. He might become the worst kind of nihilist, which would definitely be a Bad Thing.

>>48086401
Don't feel bad for him. He and his kind have been using 'lesser' races as disposable guinea pigs for countless eons, across all 10^80 universes of Worm.
He doesn't deserve your pity or mercy.

>>48086452
You came up with that? Props to ya, Justice.
>>
>>48086474
That was my plan from the beginning. When Worm came out I had two things going for me to stop Scion.
Charisma perks out the ass, and I had stolen The Stone from HP.
And those made my plan.
>>
>>48086352

I have another suggestion for if you can find a way to talk to them.

4. "Look I get your upset that The Thinker died, but doesn't it seem kind of suspicious that she got killed after getting a super precog shard from that other Entity. Why would a shard that useful be given away and then spontaneously malfunction? Unless it didn't. 'Abbadon' probably scammed The Thinker to ruin your cycle. So why should it's get to go interrupted without any retaliation?"

Or in simpler terms manipulate Zion into going to war against Abbadon to deal with both issues.
>>
>>48086474
> He doesn't deserve your pity or mercy.
I didn't say he deserved mercy, but I'll pity whoever I god damn want, anon.

It's like saying "This retarded puppy is part of a race of planet eaters. He will eat your planet. He doesn't really understand why this is wrong or even what right or wrong is, and he's retarded so occasionally he gets scared of his tail because he doesn't realize it's a part of him. Recently his not-retarded cat friend got run over by a car, so he's sad all the time. He doesn't really have good permanence so the only thing he's really capable of comprehending is that his friend is gone. Also, he's going to eat your planet."

I'll pity it because it's a dumbass retard dog that doesn't know any better.
>>
>>48086504
That'd work too, but that still might leave you with at least one Entity waiting after their fight was over, and not only would a fight between Entities be catastrophic for the local area, if Abaddon is the survivor it'll likely know that it was you that snitched on it. And it's an even bigger asshole than Scion and Eden put together.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.