[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #928: You are All the Worst Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: 1466961775685.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1466961775685.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48052062
>>
>>48059693
>The Goal of All Life is Death: This special skill is one of Ainz's most powerful abilities and comes from the Eclipse class, which is one of the hardest classes to get because it requires the overlord class with spells specialized in necromancy and instant death type magics. The Eclipse class lets the user become a true lord of death, a life consuming Eclipse. This spell delays other instant death type spells for 12 seconds, but allows them to ignore any types of resistance - even invalid. Ainz used this spell with '(Widen) Cry of the Banshee', and it killed everything in 200m. The cooldown of this spell is 100 hours duration. It is not possible to resist this spell, with the only counter being that one must use a either an item or skill that would cause them to be revived before the 12 seconds pass.
It is a skill with class requirements and while it says spell multiple times it is also labelled as a special skill and not one of his spells. Spells have their own section.
>>
File: WAKE ME UP DRACODEUS.jpg (827 KB, 1102x1850) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP DRACODEUS.jpg
827 KB, 1102x1850
>More details of Moon Dwellers
>Even more dangling unexplained plot devices that I can't explain on top of already existing plot devices
>Granteed is Broken, more news at 11
>MFW
The real despair starts now
>>
>>48058876
>>48058907
80 ARIA
Age 15
Cat
Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Blessing of Cait Sith -200, Cat Spaces -300,
Friends of Mine(Akashi[Salamander, A View of the Sky, Climatology -100, Weather Forecast: Pleasant -200, Uniform, Tram Ticket], Shimakaze[Undine, Approachable, The Spirit of Aqua -300, Uniform, Gondola], Taiho[Sylph, Daily Pleasantries, Mail Delivery! -100, Speedy Flier -200, Uniform, Air Bike], Bismark[Gnome, Firm Earth Around You, Astrophysics -100, Shiny Rock, Air Bike -100, Tram Ticket -100], Minamihime[Cat, Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Uniform, Bushel of Roses -100, Nightshine Windchime -100], Senkanko Kappa[Cat, Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Uniform, Four Petal Rose Clover Seeds -200], Deadly Decadent Court[Cat, Mascot Charm, Landing on Your Feet -100, Blessing of Cait Sith -200, Uniform], Choir of Righteous Fury[Undine, Approachable, Row Row Row Your Boat -100, Tranquil Waters -200, Uniform, Gondola]),
Uniform, Gelato -100, Waterfront Property -300, Old Documents: Origination -300,
cont.
>>
In the Lord of Light jump Native Demon says that if you take Rakasha as a god you get the power to survive after death as a Rakasha. Could Demigods get this same benefit?
>>
>>48060170
It wasn't me.

I swear.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48060174
Scenario 1: To That New Beginning... +300
I arrive, but this isn't right. It hasn't been terraformed yet and I don't have my powers. Also, I'm a cat(ok that's actually right for here, but here isn't right for here. Or perhaps now isn't right for here.) at least I can still talk. I guess I'll be playing cat Yoroichi for a while. I don't even have the stuff I bought here with me, other than this packet of documents. Though, that might be a good thing seeing as I don't have pockets or an inventory or a warehouse right now. Oh well, lets pick up the packet and meander over to that camp. The inhabitants seem rather confused by me, understandable. Seems they are the last researchers on the planet and terraforming is at a stand still. Strange there is an envelope waiting for me with a letter explaining that things got fucked up. Like I hadn't noticed. Oh well, nothing to do but get to it. I drag my packet of papers over to the scientists and get them to take a look. They are shocked to find the documentation showing what they are going to do. Between the packet and my knowledge of various technologies we should get things kicking in no time.
Hmm, I've finally arrived at vacation time. Local cats can't speak human, must be peculiar to me. Seems to be 4 years earlier than I was expecting, but at least it isn't 4 hundred. The Undines recognize me. Oh, the statue of the terraforming research team includes a cat, me. Huh, a jewel rests beneath the statue. A weeklong vacation to be used in future worlds, once a world. Neat. My friends, power and stuff is back too. Well, time to start my vacation, I see a patch of sunlight with my name on it.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Star Trek
3 Sailor Moon
4 Claymore
5 Devil Survivor 1
6 Axe Cop
7 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>48060174
>>48060186
Off to Star Trek. Nechronica queued and Soma in the queue queue
>>
>>48060184
It is moon related mass destruction of course it was you, by default even if you weren't there.
>>
>>48060184
BLAMING YOU ANYWAYS

My only remaining sanity is that the GC/XO robots are literally powered by a high powered Xbox/Gamecube hybrid. Seriously in GC it was called the CUBE and in XO it was called the XENON

https://youtu.be/VJaHFcQSl28?t=2m52s
>>
>>48060181
Demigods and rakasha are two seperate things, the rakasha are living energy beings that lived on the planet before humans showed up, demigods are the decendants and sometimes original settlers that showed up later on. They are completely different species really, it is possible to become an energy being like the rakasha with help but on their own the gods are just really powerful people.
>>
>>48060184
How many moons have you blown up now, 11 1/2? Your track record is not helping your case.
>>
>>48060170
>That Filename
>Not "Rock Me Dracodeus.jpg"

I am disappoint.
>>
>>48060252
I know but the Perk Native Demon says that if you take it as a god your atman is empowered so that you will become like them rather than dying, I am wondering if you take the same perk as a Demigod would it do the same.
>>
>>48060297
Why wouldnt it? If you take it as a demigod you get the same energy body just as sam did in the book, your meat body becomes redundant since you are basically a energy being in a puppet. You are not invulnerable in this state though, loads of them die to fire of all things.
>>
>>48060252
The Native Demon perk makes you into one of the natives, either a Rakasha or one of the People of the Sea. If you take that perk as a God and choose Rakasha you get the ability to turn into something similar to a Rakasha instead of dying. Anon wants to know if taking the same perk and choosing Rakasha as a Demigod instead of a God would have the same effect.
>>
>>48060297
I doubt it. Being a demigod means you don't have as strong a psychic presence as a full-fledged god. You probably wouldn't survive the transition to energy being form.
>>
>>48060285
But anon, i cant get anymore rocked or else im gonna get rolled
https://youtu.be/vIafv1kJhBk?t=192
>>
Jumpers!

How often do you have to slap someone's shit?
>>
>>48060433
Only when people in thread are being idiots.
>>
>>48060338
How do they die to fire!?!?!?! they are made of energy and were even imprisoned as flames for a while!
>>
>>48060367
Man, the princess looking chick just does not give any fucks in that last attack does she?
>>
File: Shana Mia.png (224 KB, 474x484) Image search: [Google]
Shana Mia.png
224 KB, 474x484
>>48060474
She's a demure moon princess with her first time co piloting, give her a little slack.
>>
File: Finger of Doom.jpg (24 KB, 350x381) Image search: [Google]
Finger of Doom.jpg
24 KB, 350x381
>>48060433
I prefer to flick them instead.
>>
>>48060453
They can be overwhelmed by energies greater than themselves. The Wand of Universal Fire is "greater".
>>
>>48060525
Regular fire and what that piece of nonsense produces are two different things, I thought you meant regular fire.
>>
>>48060453
Not sure, agni blasts them and they die.

Original agnis wand was powerful.

Sam could beat them by mind power .
Mahasamatmans power is cheaty as hell though.
>>
File: RESCUE FIYAAAAA.jpg (106 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
RESCUE FIYAAAAA.jpg
106 KB, 500x505
>>48060525
>>48060549
What about Rescue Fire
I'm just here for puns
>>
>>48060549
>>48060453
They are energy and so they can be injured with energy. Sorry bro thats just how it worked in book. Most of the gods had something to hurt them.
>>
>>48060083
Spells can have class requirements too, and the categorization was done by whoever wrote the wiki page, not the author.
More importantly, the description is from the source material, and it calls TGoALiD a spell 4 times, so it's not just a typo.
If the author routinely calls it a spell it's a spell. I really don't see how you can deny that.

Dark Wisdom lets you learn ANY spell you observe, no matter its normal requirements. That's the perk the jump grants you.
>>
>>48060570
One of these days I'm going to make a Tomica Hero jump, just so I can pod Date in Kamen Rider and then take him there to meet up with Ishiguro. There's not a power in the multiverse that could stand up to their combined pimpin'.
>>
So if you go Fiber Hybrid in KLK and pick up a Kamui, do you just eventually merge with that thing or what? From what I understand you're supposed to grow in power with time as you wear it, does that mean you're stuck wearing it forever?
>>
>>48060609
Observing this one kills you though.
>>
>>48060609
>as long as I call it a spell I can do anything!
>>
>>48060609
But that is a skill, not a spell, they are two different types of abilities.
>>
File: Believe more.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Believe more.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>48060610
Do it you fucking bastard do it
>>
>>48060661
I mean, Dark Wisdom should let you learn it, as long as it actually is a spell.
>>
>>48060646
Only if you stand in the area of effect. Don't stand in the area of effect. This should be obvious.
It's also debatable that a world item could block it. Maybe. Kind of a "unstoppable blow meets immovable object" thing.

>>48060661
>>48060685
Are you incapable of reading?
The AUTHOR calls it a spell in the source matieral.
Four times in 2 sentences even.
I don't give a fuck where whoever wrote the wiki page sorted it. The only thing that counts is the word of the author, which is clear.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>48060174
>>48060186
81 Star Trek
Trader -100
Caitian
Age 33
Mercantile, Engineering -100,
Tapestry of Life -150, Scientific Mind -100,
Federation Credits 300000, Romulan Ale 54 gallons -50, TR-580 Tricorder -100, Runabout(Replicator -300, Cloaking Device -400),
Red Shirt +300,
Well, I certainly need to watch my step here. However, it should be ok. First things first scanning my new Runabout with the Light of Terra. Add a Cloaking Device, Replicators and a Warp Drive to the Light of Terra. With the improvements made, it's time to stealthily tool about the galaxy trading(it wouldn't do to frighten the locals with the Light). Sure, it can be dangerous for me when everytime I go anywhere if something dangerous happens it happens towards me, but I think I can have fun here.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Nechronica
3 Sailor Moon
4 Claymore
5 Devil Survivor 1
6 Axe Cop
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>48060772
Devil Survivor 1. Soma queued
>>
>>48060367
Why are they attacking an edgy grape scrotum?
>>
>>48060748
Prove it. The Author also said it was a class skill and not a spell. A more accurate description would be a spell like ability in d&d.
>>
>>48060806
I'll be honest no one knows and its probably from some obscure Banpresto title
>>
>>48060748
You do know the author doesn't write the wiki don't you?
>>
>>48060609
Just because you can learn the spell doesn't mean you can actually use it. The magic does work off MMO logic so it could be that you actually need to have unlocked the class as a requirement for the spell to function at all.
>>
File: 74b25853fcwhi6f.jpg (168 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
74b25853fcwhi6f.jpg
168 KB, 1016x970
>>48060879
>Just because you can learn the spell doesn't mean you can actually use it.
>>
>>48060896
Actually that happens in mmos, you can learn a skill but not have the class requirements to use them. This one is a skill though which should have been obvious since it didn't make a huge glowing lightshow.
>>
>>48060896
Hey it is a fair point. Dark Wisdom doesn't say it removes the requirements needed to cast a spell, and the spell is one that clearly requires you to be of the Eclipse class to use.
>>
File: 987654376598.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
987654376598.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>48060976
>>
>>48060955
The only place that calls it a skill is the wiki page though, the author calls it a spell.
>>
>>48061006
And where does he do that?
>>
>>48061004
Can you point out how it is bait? It requires theneclipse class to be used at all.
>>
File: licklicky.png (389 KB, 457x389) Image search: [Google]
licklicky.png
389 KB, 457x389
>>48060955
I hate to be the one to bring this up, especially because I don't actually have two fucks to rub together for Overlord, but I'm pretty sure the world is not an MMO. Rather, it is an actual existing world that is either based off of or very similar to an MMO that Ainz played back when he was still human.

Therefore, while it might be that you can only learn a skill naturally by doing whatever byzantine horseshit that world requires, you can almost certainly simulate it using outside methods if you know how it works, because those limitations of the MMO no longer apply.

You are not limited by programming because there is no longer any programming to be limited by. Ainz is in a real, actual world filled with horrible people, some of whom he dragged with him in the form of NPCs.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>
>>48061028
The Light Novel, Volume 3, Chapter 5.

>>48061040
No. It (normally) requires the Eclipse class to be learnt. An important distinction, since Dark Wisdom gets you around that restriction.
>>
Holy shit, who the fuck cares.
>>
>>48060896
I do think Dark Wisdom should let you get The Goal of blablabla, but that is some really poor wording.

You're basically saying that Dark Wisdom would let you summon the planet busting tentacles Doctor Strange used once to deal with the not!Justice League during an Incursion.
>>
>>48060748
The author refers to it as a skill, this is the text from the novel:

>And what he was about to use now, the skill learned at level five, which was the highest possible level of the Eclipse class. It was a skill that could only be used once every 100 hours.

>The name of the skill— ‘The goal of all life is death’.

What is referred to as a spell is Widen Magic: Cry of the Banshee, wich is the instant death magic that is empowered by the skill.
>>
>>48060955
>>48060976
See: >>48061064
>I hate to be the one to bring this up, especially because I don't actually have two fucks to rub together for Overlord, but I'm pretty sure the world is not an MMO. Rather, it is an actual existing world that is either based off of or very similar to an MMO that Ainz played back when he was still human.

Overlord is not SAO. MMO rules do not apply to the world Ainz is in. Ainz played Yggdrassil, a game set in the world of the same name. The story of Overlord, anime and novel, is not set in Yggdrassil.
>>
>>48061075
Very good now read what it says.
「The Overlord that has mastered death in the truest sense will rise to this class. Like an eclipse, he will encroach upon all life.」— was what was written in the class status description.

And what he was about to use now, the skill learned at level five, which was the highest possible level of the Eclipse class. It was a skill that could only be used once every 100 hours.

The name of the skill— ‘The goal of all life is death’.
>>
>>48061064
>but I'm pretty sure the world is not an MMO

You are correct
>>
Why are people who didn't make the jump trying to make a ruling about that jump? If someone posted they're going to do X, Y, or Z in jump A and you didn't make jump A who are you to tell them that doesn't work?
>>
>>48061079
You must be new to jumpchain. We care about asanine shit here.
>>
>>48061075
If the magic of the setting was based off a fantasy logic rather than that of a virtual world you'd be right. However the magic works off MMO rules so you don't "learn" a spell you unlock it through your class. The class is an innate requirement to the use of the spell. If anyone could use anything there wouldn't be a class system at all. Even in the new world everything is restricted by the class system.
>>
>>48061108
If you observe him casting the spell, spend the time to reverse engineer it into a system of magic you can use and then learn it?
And have the magical power to do it? Sure.

Because that's the thing, isn't it? Magical power.
If you have the magical power to bust a planet it doesn't matter if you use Doctor Strange's tentacles or a Nanoha-style pink doombeam.
>>
>>48061064
Yes but the mechanics are actually the same as in the game, the girl who Ainz gave the horn too unlocked an ability with the horns by discovering a secret game requirement.
>>
>>48061164
Because skills and spells are two.completely different things.
>>
>>48061186
Did you make the jump?
>>
>>48061164
Because the thread is pretty slow at this time and discussing perk interaction is fun?

Is there something you'd rather discuss?
>>
>>48061200
Setting canon beats jumper logic unless the perk explocitly says so. Did you make it?
>>
>>48061217
No, they just don't want us to have fun wrong.
>>
>>48061225
>No, I didn't make the jump.
I didn't make it either.

So, are you passing on a ruling made by the jump maker?
>>
>>48061200
No but if you are arguing that skills and spells are the same thing when they canonically aren't then why not use the perk to learn everything ever since you are wanking so hard already?
>>
>>48061244
Holy shit shut the fuck up.
>>
>>48061182
They're actually not. They're similar, but the New World has things that never showed up in YGGDRASSIL, like martial arts and innate talents. Or wild magic.
Or the fact that it's "real life" and doesn't actually have levels.

Ainz's magic works the same or near enough to how it worked in the game, all Ranked Magic in the New World does. But that's about it.
>>
>>48061178
I'm just saying. The way you equated that post to bait made it seem as if you were saying that Dark Wisdom would let you cast anything regardless of the actual logical requirements.

Nothing in Overlord makes me believe that magic system is capable of matching Doctor Strange, so whether or not you could get the juice for it through other means doesn't really matter in a vacuum.
>>
>>48061244
Because in canon Skills are not Spells. The perk says you can learn spells but the abiloty in question is not a spell, you are basically asking for a spell that lets you learn martial arts to let you learn social engineering.
>>
>>48061271
That wasn't actually me, you know.
And 10th ranked magic is pretty fucking powerful, as is overrank magic.
Planetbusting? Probably not, but then again you can explicitly get stronger than anyone in canon by taking Level 100 and Realm of Heroes both.
Also Ainz repeatedly mentions that he's not the strongest YGGDRASSIL character, he built around a theme, so what we're seeing from him is not even the maximum a Level 100 could achieve.
>>
>>48061271
The perk says you can learn a spell regardless of the requirement. Therefore, you could learn and use doctor strange's tentacle stuff. It's a damn perk remember, its powered by fiat, it doesn't matter how different the magic systems.
>>
>>48061316
Ah, sorry man.

>>48061323
I'm not saying that you wouldn't be able to learn it. I'm saying that you wouldn't be able to use it as-is after learning it.
>>
>>48061404
Well, that depends on how powerful you are and whether you have external reserves of magic to draw on. It's definitely possible to use it as is, the energy requirements are just very high.
>>
>>48061449
Well, it's not like you can't get a shitload of cost-reducing perks and items in jumpchain.
The ring from Overlord alone reduces magic costs by half, and Chrono Trigger has another item iirc.
The drop-in capstone from Iji also reduces mana costs iirc.
>>
>>48061323
When it comes to Doctor Strange's stuff, even if you could cast them, that doesn't mean you should. A number of his spells are him summoning other beings or parts of them, and them following through with what he wants them to do. Sometimes this is him forcing the issue with his willpower, sometimes it's a contract with the being in question. Either way a lot of his spells come with the risk of suddenly demons. I mean it's entirely reasonable to cast his spells, but it's like a psyker summoning a daemon to do their bidding, just because it's possible doesn't mean it's a good idea.
>>
>>48061323
Requirements to learn =/= Requirements to cast
Things may be looser in the new world but Ainz and his magic are still bound by the logic they used in the mmo. The metaphysics of his origin apply to him even in new world they same way a jumper can use their abilities across worlds. He even mused at one point that the inhabitants of the new world could surpass those of Yggdrasil simply because they aren't restricted by an upper level limit like players are. You are learning the magic from him and so are bound by the same requirements that the mmo used. If you are not of the Eclipse class you don't meet the requirements.
>>
>>48061449
That is right at the end of the day, but I was looking at it as if Overlord was all you got, since that was what started this conversation.

...So what was y'all's Persona in the jump of the same name?
>>
>>48061495
The summoning specialization from Overlord makes everything you summon with magic perfectly loyal to you, no matter the magic system used.
Jumpers are bullshit like that.
>>
>>48061512
>If you are not of the Eclipse class you don't meet the requirements.
Nah. That's entirely too gamey and makes the DW perk useless. I don't know why it upsets you so that people are trying to use the perk to do what it's intended to do.
>>
>>48061512
Meh, it doesn't explicitly say it bypasses requirements needed to CAST a spell, but given that it lets you learn spells regardless of requirements, I'd say it's implied that you can cast them, especially since you're buying it as a perk. It's too bad the jumpmaker is gone, then we could just ask him.
>>
>>48061548
Because Ainz is the super special mainchar and if you can't get it with a perk you're not allowed to have it!

This is hardly unique to Overlord. Anyone trying to pick up powerful abilities from a jumps mainchar gets accused of powerwanking here even if he has perks that explicitly say he can.

Some people really don't like it if a jumper upstages the mainchar in any way, especially in shonen-type settings or others with very powerful chars.
>>
>>48061599
>It's too bad the jumpmaker is gone, then we could just ask him.
What happened to him?
>>
>>48061548
Not him but the perk does not let you learn anything other than spells. If TGoALID was a spell it may work but it is explicitly not a spell. It is a class locked skill, and those skills in canon are not spells in any way shape or form even if they may act like them. Its the same as why ainz cannot learn eightfold slash of light from any of the swordsmen, he doesn't meat the requirements.
>>
>>48061548
>I don't know why it upsets you so that people are trying to use the perk to do what it's intended to do.
Because you're clearly having wrongfun and we need to stop you for your own good and for the sanctity of the thread.
>>
>>48061548
Well it is a game and works by game logic and the dark wisdom perk is still really powerfull, but I digress. I'm not actually upset as this is a fun discussion. Besides why would a jumper want an instant win button? Its honestly a pretty boring way to do things and has very little story potential than "Lol you Ded".

While we are on summoning does anyone know a good way to prevent summons/constructs from be possessed? I want to fight the Outsiders in Dresden with a Golem army but their whole ability to possess and give things free will thing is making that seem like a bad idea.
>>
>>48061614
Brellin is from SpaceBattles, Overlord is one of perhaps two jumps from there that isn't awful.
>>
>>48061614
Retreated to SB after he got yelled at over his crap Exalted jump.
>>
>>48061612
Actually no, it would totally be gettable if you copied ainz build (which you can actually do with the options provided in jump) but its a very specific build that you have to shoot for. Just saying a perk lets you do it when the perk actually does no such thing won't cut it.
>>
>>48061640
You could give them free will but have an unquenchable yearning to do what you want through social engineering? No idea but good question.
>>
Is it a bad idea to uplift reptiles in zootopia?
>>
>>48061621
He could, if he put in the time. Anyone can learn martial arts with enough training, some people just have an innate talent to learn them easier and activate more of them at once and with less strain.

Ainz actually has better melee stats than the guy who uses it in the first place, YGGDRASSIL just had no martial arts, and Ainz doesn't really put any effort into being a warrior. He barely knows how to use a sword the regular way, let alone with martial arts.

>>48061640
Eh, i can see uses for an ability that lets you kill absolutely anything even if it's normally immune.
Not for everyday use, but there are people with bullshit defenses in some settings where you just want to say "no, fuck you, go away".

>>48061653
That you could get it by copying Ainz's build is kind of a no-brainer.
But even if you can't learn it with Dark Wisdom something like Copycat Technique from Ranma should let you learn it, since the New World is not actually an MMO.
Or you could befriend Ainz and give him Sacrificial Bestowment via Lip Service or a similar power-copying combo.
>>
Why not just use something like Copycat Technique to learn The Goal of All Life is Death?
>>
>>48061685
True that could work but if you give them free will they'd count as companions. I don't have room for that many new companions and leaving behind an army of super golems to do whatever they want seems pretty irresponsible.
>>
>>48061736
See and those are actually legitimate and good options to try, but just using dark wisdom on its own wont cut it. To be quite frank I have no idea how any of them would work with skills, enri can summon goblins because she has a bunch of ranks in commander and general classes. She meets special requirements for her horn but that's a magic item which has its own weirdness.
>>
>>48061728
They already are, they just tend to stay on another continent.
>>
>>48061781
Because if dark wisdom doesn't work then it's completely useless. Why not use copycat to learn all the worm powers while we're at it or all the naruto powers?
>>
>it's another "I only need this one perk to break Jumpchan" episode
>>
>>48061799
Oh really? I must have missed that part of the movie.
>>
>>48061816
So a perk can't do something because a different perk that isn't meant to that thing also can't do it?
>>
>>48061839
Info from interviews a little while ago talking about the wider world of the setting.
>>
>>48061641
To be fair there's been a few good Jumpmakers from SB. Though yeah, you get some really awful ones too. Currently explaining why arbitrary exponential multipliers to stats is terrible perk design. Because Adarx apparently decided that tripling your speed is perfectly fine as a perk for what's effectively a joke jump.
>>
>>48061839
>>48061868
It's covered in the jump under races.
>>
>>48061873
Ardax is an odd duck, I'll come pitch my voice in if you like.
>>
>>48061794
Keep in mind that we actually now very little about how YGGDRASSIL works.
There's also a bit of "it works as the plot demands" going on.
And lastly most LN writers who write about online games don't actually know to much about them. Overlord isn't quite as bad as something like SAO, but anyone who has actually played MMOs can tell that there's quite a bit of artistic license going on.

>>48061816
Because even Copycat Technique won't let you learn things that you lack the capabiltiy to use.
Worm powers require shards.
Naruto depends on what you mean - jutsu are easy, but anything that requires a bloodline like wood release or the sharingan techniques still requires them even with Copycat Technique.

Dark Wisdom is Copycat Technique+ for spells only.
If you want to learn a spell with Copycat Technique you need to use the same magic system. Dark Wisdom does not have that restriction.
It also lets you convert spells from a magic system that's clunky (like D&D) or requires sacrifices into one that doesn't have those complications, which is worth the price all on its own imo.
>>
>>48061736
Border of Life from Touhou lets you discover a way to kill anything. Realm of Myth from Civ lets you pull off legendary feats, and if killing something that should be invincible isn't legendary than nothing is. I'm not denying that it's a pretty cool ability but there are more interesting ways to take care of things that are protected by bs.
>>
>>48061912
Adarx*
>>
>>48061873
Really? From what I have seen the only jumps on their "special" drive that are any good are Overlord and Bartimaeus.
>>
>>48061912
If you want. Honestly mostly just venting because I'm annoyed and getting buried in "but I have to be strong enough to stomp DBZ", "What does it matter that this jump gives out stupid unthematic stuff", and similar arguments. Probably just giving up in a couple posts since it's going nowhere.
>>
>>48061917
Oh, i know. I use A Key to Any Lock from Kingdom Hearts for that because it's the easiest to use.
You can just beat anything up if you hit it hard enough. It doesn't get much easier than that.

But some choice is always nice. I personally don't use death magic or "dark" magic in my current chain, but someone who leans in that direction anyway might want it.

And Overlord is a very excellent jump to jump early in your chain because it's actually rather low risk if you don't pick the 600cp drawbacks and you can pick up a shitload of power and versatility.
Touhou is more of a late-chain thing, and Civ is something i use when i need research/training time, so also mid-late chain.
>>
>>48061940
That's because their drive is mostly just a few people. There's been quite a few Jumpmakers from SB who either don't use it or made stuff beforehand and don't care about it. See Panty, Stocking, and Garterbelt for a recent example of someone originally from SB making a decent jump.
>>
>>48061952
Honestly, at this point I'm almost starting to get impressed.

Every time I hear what's going on with Spacebattles, they sound stupider than the last time. I thought it couldn't get any worse a while ago...
>>
>>48062000
Yes but the good jumps made by SB people are usually made by those who are also here, something good coming from someone only on SB is a pretty damned big rarity.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48060772
82 Devil Survivor
Omotesando
Age 18
Programmer
Conquer your demon -200, Tech Wizard, Jumper is a genius! -300, Primal Common Tongue -600,
COMP, Macca 50000 -50, Shomonkai Disguise, Custom COMP: Vitality -100, Naoya’s Notes -150,
Companion Import(Tarja[Drop-In, Peaceful Days are over, Break your barricade -200, Magical Punishment! -200], Ada[Programmer, Tech Wizard, Infernal Engine -100, Jumper is a genius! -300])-100,
Song of Hope +300, Shomonkai Assault +200,
The easy parts are getting to Aya, straightening her out(psychic chirurgery and some friendly ears and words) and finishing the song. Accessing Babel shouldn't be difficult either. The hardest part will be getting to Abel and inlisting his help. Still, while it's an eventful week, it isn't the toughest situation we've dealt with.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Nechronica
3 Sailor Moon
4 Claymore
5 Soma
6 Axe Cop
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
>>48061995
Overlord is pretty great as a setting. All the perks of an actually balanced d&d, and no gods or threats from another plane to mess up your day. The people actually seem pretty decent too. However the impossibly large world destroying dragon part of the lore is a bit worrying.
>>
>>48062092
Nechronica. Won't this be pleasant.
>>
>>48062000
Someone from SB might make a good jump but usually that happens when it is someone from SB who is also on these threads. Brellin and the guy who made Bartimaeus are pretty much only on SB (I think) except for a short while after posting their jumps here, that is why it is surprising that those jumps are so good.
>>
>>48062127
>Bartimaeus
>Vampire Diaries
>good
>>
>>48061995
I always thought Touhou was a safe one if you did a softer Secondary Canon or avoided drawbacks that turned off spell cards. Was I wrong?
>>
>>48062127
You do realize Merch was involved pretty thoroughly in Bartimaeus? I can dig up the post he made picking over the original draft piece by piece if you want.
>>
>>48062177
Comparing Bartimaeus to Vampire Diaries isn't fair, though that might be my bias due to loving those books.
>>
>>48062183
He was? I didn't know that.
>>
>>48062102
I agree that it's a great setting. I love the worldbuilding and the detail that was put into it.
The actual balance comes from the fact that it's a LN, not a game we can actually play though. That makes it easier.

But the people aren't really decent. Racism is widespread, slavery is a thing everywhere but the kingdom, which has only recently abolished it (at the initiative of the sociopathic princess who did it not for good but to impress her bodyguard/servant).
Nobles hunt commoners for sport and generally fuck up things for everyone, even hiring foreign military to kill a hero loyal to the king.
There's bandits everywhere. There are scheduled wars between the kingdom and the empire, in which mostly conscripts die pointless deaths. The death get up again as undead, requiring cities to guard their graveyards and turning a whole region between the various countries into an undeath-infested no-mans land.
The theocracy has black-ops groups that slaughter entire villages to draw out a single political target. They slaughter non-human villages just for kicks.

So yeah, most of the people who actually get screentime are pretty decent, so far. The rest? Not so much.

>>48062181
I'm not the person to ask about that. From what little i know the powerlevel is on the high side and there's a whole bunch of really powerful characters around with not much in the way of mercy, so i've avoided it so far.
It helps that i'm also not really interested in the setting itself.
>>
>>48055937
>"Look what Zwei found!"

>"What IS that, Ruby?"

>"I dunno, but his belt is so cool, look at it! Aw, c'mon, nobody's gonna hurt you, little guy! Wait, no, don't go!"

>[Yakkety Sax-esque remix of 'Red Like Roses']

>"Gotcha!"

And now we need a new Slot 8, because Ruby probably figured out what the belt does and Zwei makes for an excellent impromptu motorcycle during a Grimm incursion.
>>
>>48062211
Here:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-cyoa-thread.315809/page-520
Top post, the little button is a spoiler. If you want the jump without his commentary see the little arrow in the quote box.
>>
>>48062334
Ainz Ooal Gown was an evil role playing guild, what kind of people would you expect it's NPCs to be when given sapience?
>>
>>48062250

I hear he guild is also terrible, like evil terrible.
>>
File: #NotEvenTrying.jpg (42 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
#NotEvenTrying.jpg
42 KB, 500x281
>>48061518
>...So what was y'all's Persona in the jump of the same name?
Asking about our Persona? 'kay, mine was a little odd, I had to discuss it with Wild Card to make sure it was on the up and up.

Also, to make sure it worked, I fluffed that the rest of the Team was capable of the twist as well.

My Arcana was Hermit and the Persona was a Gun, a simple 9mm, silver with black trimming, its Awakened Form has scale patterns added to it.

Base Form is named 'Ji' after the book, 'The 36 Strategies', it shoots Status Ailments and Telekinetic Blasts, also allows me to analyse whatever I shoot, from Shadows to Places (over a specified area).

Awakened Form is called 'Fa' after 'The Art of War', it shoots more Status Ailments and stronger Telekinetic Blasts, its analysis options have also leveled up.

However, the real party trick is my Hidden Persona, 'The Strategist' of the Judgment Arcana.

You see, the entire Party wielded weapons as their first Persona, these weapons are all based on some of the most influential books and the ideas that they basically burned into Human Culture, so what better weapon to take to the fight against Humanity's Shadow?

Our Hidden Persona are the archetypes of the people most affected by those books, my case being the Generals, Businessmen, Politicians...the Strategists of their times.

'The Strategist' is capable of wielding my Persona and through it, it fires one Almighty Bullet, before it fades and I'm tired out. So, in my case, I need to truly act as a strategist and plan with the others to get the best use out of that one bullet.
>>
>>48062380
See>>48062373
>>
File: 02_Jiminy_Cricket.jpg (54 KB, 353x631) Image search: [Google]
02_Jiminy_Cricket.jpg
54 KB, 353x631
So, Kingdom Hearts.

Does Jiminy's Journal become filled with past adventures?
>>
>>48062199
I mean in terms of jump quality.

Without Merchant getting involved Bartimaeus would've been shittier than VD, and VD the guy still had issues.
>>
>>48062380
I didn't really count Ainz Ooal Gown because they're not native to the setting.
But yes, evil. Or well, more sociopathic. Everyone not of AOG is worthless cattle to be used at need and otherwise unimportant.
Even the mainchar falls in that mindset, though there's a fan-theory that it's because he's being influenced by his race and class choices.

Fortunately AOG has a treasure chamber filled with a shitton of valuable and powerful loot, so killing them isn't just good, it's also profitable.
If you can pull it off, that is.
>>
Is whoever made the Fairy Tail jump around?

Are the Dragon Slayers created from the Lacrima perk relative in power to the dragon killed? And will it only work on people who already have a source of magical energy?
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 571x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 571x825
Naruto question.

If you take Sharnigan + Byakugan (lost clan) could you learn Gentle Fist? Kinda like Neji learned all his stuff by just observing.
>>
>>48061518
My Persona was actually myself. I hit Persona after Swords and Sorcery, so I had Making of Myths inserting me as a legendary figure into the Collective Unconsciousness. Confused the hell out of my party members.
>>
>>48062547
Yes, you should be able to. You have the Copy Wheel Eye to copy the gentle fist and the Byakugan to use it.
>>
>>48062547
It's a fighting style like any other, you could learn it as a Normie. You just won't be very good at it.
>>
>>48062547
No reason you couldn't. Remember that you'll only have a Byakugan in one eye, though, so that might throw off your perceptions and make it harder to use.
>>
>>48062569
Err, let me clarify that statement. A Normie could learn it but not be very good at it. Someone with Sharnigan and Byakugan would be able to learn it, and use it well.
>>
>>48062580
>>48062547
but having sharingan and byakugan may let you learn stuff easier, get the muscle twitch foresight along with the charkra internals foresight.
>>
>>48062580
Eh, not really. The only reason you need the byakugan at all is to perceive the tenketsu. That works just as well with only one.
Having a sharingan instead of a second byakugan may actually help because of the time dilation effect and the ability to predict your enemies movements.
>>
>>48062610
Yeah, but you're going to get very different feeds from different eyes. One's going to be seeing through objects in a 359.9 degree range, while the other is going to be looking straight ahead and making constant predictions of motion. It's going to be disorienting to match those two up.
>>
>>48062610
Since the Rinnegan can perceive tenketsu could I use that for the gentle fist?
>>
>>48062501
To answer your questions in order:

1. That would require information on Second-Generation Dragon Slayers we don't have to answer definitively. Still, one thing I can say is that killing Ancalagon or something and sticking him in there will have a different effect than doing the same with your average Copper Dragon, and that as little or as much risk as there might be to you, who knows what will happen to the transplant recipient?

Seriously, the guideline here is "I hope you know what you're doing."

2. It'll work better for them, but it's kind of a crystal of condensed dragon magic anyway, so it's not like sticking it into someone in, say, Star Trek won't do ANYTHING.
>>
>>48062651
At first, almost certainly. But i think you could get used to it. There's several people with mismatched eyes after all, and they don't seem to have any problems.

If you're concerned about balance it's not like it's a free powerup. You lose a lot of power from your sharingan by giving one of them up, especially if you go for mango eyes later.

>>48062675
Probably? I'm not the jumpmaker, but as far as i understand it that's the only thing the gentle fist really requires because their position slightly varies between people.
The bigger problem is usually learning it if you're not a (main house) hyuuga.
The sharingan can help, but you still need to see hyuuga actually fighting.

And there's no telling what happens when the clan finds out that you not only have a stolen byakugan but are also stealing their family style.
>>
>>48062695
Thanks! Also, something else I've been wondering for a while: is the Lacrima literally implanted into the person and can be ripped out to depowered them, or is it more like you're infusing them with the energy of the Lacrima?
>>
>>48062728
I'm not concerned about jump balance, I'm concerned about literal balance. I think that would fuck up your coordination something fierce. But you're right, you probably would be able to get used to it eventually.
>>
>>48062580
Why did Ninjanon even make that ruling anyways? To dissuade people from taking both?
>>
>>48062610
Wait, will one eye do 359.9 degree vision? I thought one would be less than that.
>>
>>48062757
He didn't make that ruling. Kishimoto did. That's canon, anon.
>>
>>48062774
What. Since when?
>>
>>48062757
because a hybrid sharingan/byakugan cross is something that doesn't exist, so he didn't want to be responsible for creating it. That's not to say that you couldn't create one in theory using a geneforge and other things, but you can't just be born with one in the naruto jump.
>>
>>48062789
He said it in some manga Q&A once. Give me a second, I'll find the citation.
>>
>>48062789
He was asked in an interview by a fan.
>>
>>48062695
Oh hey, if you take Fairy Tail X, does the kingdom from Seven Deadly Sins exist somewhere in the world, or is it just Melinda's, Elizabeth, and Hawk?
>>
>>48062789
Wiki says third data book.
>>
>>48062810
Yeah, okay, found it. It's in the third databook, To no Sho. So, it's been that case since 2005.
>>
>>48062675
>>48062728
Most Byakugans CAN'T see the Tenketsu, that's a rarity. The Gentle Fist relies on the ability to see the Chakra Coils, and uses those to crush the organs they are wrapped around, by constricting them.

Tenketsu stuff is the most advanced portion of Gentle Fist, for the few who can actually see them
>>
>>48062804
I guess. I'd like to wait for Ninjanon to show up before I accept that having both the Byakugan and the Sharingan at the same time makes you worse at each individually. Considering how expensive getting both is, that really doesn't seem worth it if it's true.
>>
>>48062823
Meliodas* goddammit.>>48062827
>>
>>48061940
>their "special" drive
Link?
>>
>>48062827
>>48062818
>>48062810
Huh. That's incredibly dumb. Like, all of the deviantart OCs dumb.
>>
Does anyone know of some jumps that allow you to import and fuse two weapons together?
I have already used the options in RWBY and Bayoneta.
>>
>>48062851
So have you not actually read the series then and are just going by what's in the jump document? Because "deviantart OC dumb" is the standard for the characters.
>>
>>48062852
Problem Sleuth and Sburb, if you don't mind having to switch between them.
>>
>>48062852
King Arthur has an option that lets you upgrade a weapon with the ability to consume other weapons to add their abilities.
Aion has the Armsfusion Crafter that lets you fuse two weapons together as long as they're roughly similar, getting the advantages from both of them but only the stronger in the case of duplicate abilities.
>>
>>48062852
Anarchy Reigns. I know it has some kind of weapon import option.

I think Soul Eater has one as well but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>48062876
Oh, I know. Believe me, I know.

But just the image of one in each eye seems even more hilariously snowflakey than the rest of the series to me.
>>
>All this talk about Naruto.
Could you make a gun that runs off chakra?
Some sorta energy weapon? A railgun would be cool too.
Playing with knives and doing aggressive sign language and punchin' people in the face is all well and good, but I wanna shoot folks with a Chakra laser. Or railgun.
>>
>>48062373
>>48062380
It's worth noting that not all the guild was evil, and that the guild didn't start out as evil. The guild was founded by an LG, legit bro tier LG, who wanted to make a place for people to band together to avoid being PK'd. He went out of his way to recruit players who needed help, and helped make Ainz a place for them.

It was only after getting hunted for so long at AOO just said fuck it and started acting evil.
>>
>>48062833
Seriously? Then apart from the 359 vision and x-ray stuff the Rinnegan is objectively better. Are there any good ways to get 360 vision elsewhere in the chain?
>>
>>48062883
It does? All I see is the Fae weapon.
>>
>>48062921
Seriously, it's one of the reasons Neji is noted as a prodigy of the clan, because he can see the Tenketsu.
>>
>>48062908
>Could you make a gun that runs off chakra?
Yep. Several examples in canon. There are no explosive-propelled guns, but there are chakra-powered dart throwers that shoot at comparable velocities.

>Some sorta energy weapon? A railgun would be cool too.
Beam weapons, too. No railguns, though.
>>
>>48062921
>Rinnegan is objectively better
Bruh, that's true of literally everything in the series short of Endgame Naruto and fucking moon people.
>>
>>48062908
Yes. Sealing and maybe the chakra armour are your best starting points.
>>
File: [~ INTENSIFIES ~].gif (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
[~ INTENSIFIES ~].gif
3 MB, 600x338
>>48062851
Naruto!
>>
>>48062878
>Sburb
It's my understanding that Sburb alchemy lets you copy the attributes of an item, basically copy the code for it, and put it onto a punch card that you can then fuse into another weapon.

It sounds like its non destructive alchemical fusion.

So if you had two items you wanted to fuse together, you'd copy the attributes off of two of them and put them into either a third or one of the originals.
>>
>>48062926
It's one of the example powers from Enchanted.
>>
File: Laxus_dragon_lacrima.jpg (224 KB, 900x484) Image search: [Google]
Laxus_dragon_lacrima.jpg
224 KB, 900x484
>>48062733
I don't think we've ever seen a Second Generation Dragon Slayer autopsy before, so it's hard to say. God Serena did have EIGHT of the things in him, but we don't get to see the physical objects at any point.

This pic is the only glimpse we have at the process, as far as I can tell.

>>48062823
Just the characters, I'd presume. Unless of course Mashima mentioned the kingdom itself being there.
>>
>>48062962
Oh, that's right. I forgot Ruby went full Uchiha.
>>
>>48062952
But you cannot get anything from moon people because ninjanon says so! Rinnegan beats everything and its obviously the best choice of anything but that is in no way unfair or unbalanced.
>>
>>48062945
>There are no explosive-propelled guns
Yes there are. There was a shotgun shown in Wave, and they comment that Shino's Bugs in Zaku's Arm Holes is like blocking the barrel of a gun.
>>
Would super vision from insert YJ give you 360 vision? I am starting to think that building my own rip off Byakugan out of perks would be better than the real one.
>>
>>48063018
That's early-series stuff from when the worldbuilding hadn't been properly established. It's never brought up again.
>>
>>48063000
Aww. Guess I'll have to keep waiting for a Seven Deadly Sins jump.

>>48063005
Oh, shut up. I was just being facetious about the series itself. This argument got us nowhere last time and it won't this time either.
>>
>>48063026
You can get one in Strike Witches.
>>
>>48062983
Not quite. You get the codes of both items, and use the punchcards gained from that to make a third. At no point do you add anything to the originals.

But I was talking about Weapon/Object Duality, which is an import.

Also, fuck you, captcha.
>>
>>48062945
>>48062956
Alright, cool. Now I just need an appropriate power source.
>Bijuu
Any ideas for bagging those fuckers as batteries? I was thinking about the tech from Ghostbusters, but I don't think that'd work.

I don't even need to keep them contained for long, just long enough to figure out how they're pumping out so much power.
>>
>>48063039
It's still canon, and saying "there are no explosive-propelled guns" is blatantly wrong.
>>
>>48062835
eh, have a form with extra eyes, as well as this is in fact my final form. Manifest whatever eyes you need. Heck have a battle form with 6 eyes if you need that many(set of sharingan, set of rinnegan, set of byakugan). I like to have all sorts of eyes implanted into my shogoth form.
>>
>>48062878
>>48062883
>>48062897
Thanks anons, that was more than I was expecting.
Though I wouldn't touch sburb with a ten foot pole even through a portal from another demiplane. That setting is just too strange.
>>
>>48063043
Not him but it is a stupid limitation put in by a jumpmaker who could allow it but just doesn't for stupid or nonexistant reasons.
>>
>>48063051
My point is that it's clearly been retconned.
>>
>>48063050
Sealing. Wood style or Uzumaki are also useful.
>>
>>48061512
That raises an interesting question, but if you choose to be a local does that mean you have more potential than a player? Since players are bound by the level cap, but locals are not.
>>
>>48063048
So you literally have to create a new weapon with the punch cards? You can't use them to buff an existing weapon and or item?

How much control do you have over that newly created item, does it look like some horrible DA hybrid weapon or are the aesthetics somehow selectable?
>>
>>48062835
Knowing him he will probably say that you suck at both and cannot get better because no character in canon has both and sasuke is the best with his hax eyes.
>>
>>48063026
> building my own rip off Byakugan
You might want to pick up Super Vision from the X-Men Movies, in that case. It allows full spectrum sight including infared and ultraviolet, x-rays, telescoping, and the ability to switch between and layer these at will.
>>
>>48063000
Aren't most Lacrima at least basketball sized? And I'd assume Dragon Lacrima would be even bigger
>>
>>48063074
No it hasn't. The shotgun was owned by a fucking shopkeeper, who couldn't stand up to Gato's thugs, obviously not very useful in the Naruto world, but they exist.

No where is it said that Guns don't exist, they just aren't mentioned after that point.
>>
>>48063026
mushoku tensei has demon eyes and a recipe for making a byakugan out of them.
>>
>>48063085
Yeah, it just creates new things. Sorry.

Some of them look nice. Others look ridiculous. It depends on what you put into making the weapon.
>>
>>48063072
What limitation? Doesn't he literally say you can still the moon eyes in the jump?
>>
>>48063107
So there's this incredibly useful piece of weapons technology that a random shopkeeper in one of the poorest countries in the world has, but no one else does? Yeah, sure, that's definitely not a retcon.
>>
>>48063095
But does it give 360 with your eyes? That appears to be the only thing that I can't find from perks other than the Byakugan. There are more than one 360 awareness perks but none of them seem to take advantage of any ocular bullshit you might have.
>>
>>48063083
Eh, it isn't a known fact that locals can get more powerful than players. It was just Ainz running things around in his head. The only thing we do know is that no one from the new world has ever come close to a level 100 player.

Even a pair of 50'ish scrubs cut a swath through people and creatures. The dragons in setting are the most powerful things in setting and they admit that they couldn't take a level 100 player one on one. That's why those dragons are hoarding world class items from YGGDRASIL
>>
>>48063085
Depends on what you're doing, honestly. But if one of the items is colorful, expect clowny eye-searing shit.

I do believe the jump has a perk specifically made for making you good enough at Alchemy to make stuff that doesn't look like hot garbage, though.
>>
>>48063117
I suppose you didn't see him in the thread last time. He considers those noncanon and doesn't allow them.
>>
>>48063143
SOMA gauntlet has 360 sight, I think.
>>
>>48063117
Sure, be a Hyuga and poke the Chakra Reactor on the moon. Just have to get past blind boy and his puppets.
>>
>>48063138
Or, just hear me out here.
They aren't fucking useful in a world where the primary military are Ninjas.
>>
>>48063152
They aren't. But there's a drawback to have them happen in the jump. So, yes. You can just pick them up.
>>
>>48063113
>>48063150
Eh, no worries. I imagine if you don't like the look of something you could just use the punch cards to breed out the ugly, for lack of a better way of putting it, by fuzing your powered item with a non powered item that looks more or less how you'd like it to look.
>>
>>48063083
Players can exceed level 100 in the New World too. They just don't (usually) get martial arts or innate talents, but you can get at least the second via benefactor-fiat.

>>48063097
Lacrima come in all shapes and sizes in canon, from the size of a watch battery to power minor magic items to tower-sized R-System.

>>48063138
Guns aren't that useful if ninja can move faster than normal people can see and throw a knife fast enough to match a bullet. Chakra is bullshit.
Also guns smell and are loud. Not ninja weapons.
>>
>>48063117
Oh, some people are upset that a Hyuuga can't buy the Tenseigan like the Uchiha can buy the Rinnegan. There was a lot of screaming about balance, and how it's making it so there's obviously only one "right" build, and all that. Which of course ignores that both Uchiha and Hyuuga are Konoha bloodlines. What if we don't want to be from the Leaf? If you want to expand the list of "right builds" for Konoha, you should also have to give the other villages their own god-tier stuff. Otherwise it's hypocritical. And don't say anything about "but there's no canon god-tier options for the other villages", because there's no canon example of a Hyuuga having the Tenseigan, so it's the same principle.
>>
>>48063112
Mushoku Tensei faaaar surpasses the Byakugan. All-Seeing Eye has a radius measured in "hundreds of miles", and it has clairvoyance as well. Iirc, it's described in-jump as being able to "scour the world in seconds/minutes, but consuming a tremendous amount of mana." Downside being that the change in vision takes some serious getting used to. Combining it with Magic Power Eye should give you a super-Byakugan, although I'm not sure if MPE covers chakra vision. There's a perk in both of the Avatar jumps for that if not.
>>
>>48063097
Pretty much.

So I mean, it's probably just sinking all that energy from the Lacrima into the person is my guess?

But if Mashima turns around later and says it's in there like an organ or something don't blame me.
>>
>>48063191
That would work perfectly fine, yes. In general, you're fine thinking of it as breeding items like that. The frog breeding is even described as Ultimate Alchemy, so there's definitely parallels.
>>
File: image.png (683 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
683 KB, 1920x1080
>>48063043
I know the feels. Seven Deadly Sins is so good, the S1 on Netflix seemed to have covered like 80% of the manga so far. The manga seems to be slow as fuck in updating.

It being a Shonen series, making a jump early seems to backfire. Look at Toriko & Naruto. The amount of power difference between the start & middle the series vs the end the series is like night & day. Suddenly you're going up against Horses that need entire atomospheres of air to breathe, Monkeys that play hide & go seek when you blink. Or moon alien bunnies, that eat magic.
>>
>>48063201
it does include chakra vision I believe. I kinda wish I had gone naruto prior to mushoku tensei. Combine All Seeing Eye with Rinnegan? Your god eyes are pretty much literal god eyes now.
>>
>>48063179
So a deadly weapon that takes no chakra to use and would benefit from the superhuman aiming skills of a ninja incredibly isn't practical? Sure. And again, who made this shotgun for this shopkeeper? Where did he get it? If they're such useless weapons, as you claim, there's not going to be a market for them. There's no reason he should have a shotgun in the first place. He's the only person in the entire world to have a shotgun, as far as we can see. Every other fighting force in the world, ninjas and non-ninjas alike, is using muscle-driven weapons. Maybe you can excuse the ninjas not using it as some pride thing, valuing their own strength of arms over a firearm's ease, but why not the other people? The existence of that gun is a complete nonsequitor.
>>
>>48063249
The product of the two items is never less powerful than the items, correct? Or am I going to have to account for power loss / degradation?
>>
>>48063292
It can be. It's usually stronger, but it's quite possible to produce worthless pieces of crap. But you can just recycle those and try again with a new combination, so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>48063288
So your entire point is "It's not canon, because it doesn't make sense to me".
You do realize this is naruto right? With the Moon Bunny who ate a Plant that turned her into a goddess?
Guns show up, Guns are mentioned by name during the Chuunin exams. It is never said they don't exist after that. They Are Canon. Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>48063083
You do have more potential as a local though there are several big negatives - mainly concerning time.

Locals have to learn everything the old fashion way rather than just unlocking them by leveling up. What they can learn may be restricted by who is around to teach them and/or what books they have. Experimentation could also be a thing as the new world seems to have some things that weren't in the game. Players could presumably grind xp and would progress much faster than a local.

Locals are restricted by their maximum life span. Just because a human fighter has more potential than a player it's likely they would die of old age before surpassing a max level player. This doesn't apply to some races though.

Lastly locals more or less only have one life compared to a player's infinite redos. Resurrection is a thing in the new world but it seems to be rare/in high demand. There is a very good chance a local would die before reaching very high levels due to having to seek out progressively harder challenges. How many times have you reached max level in a game without dying once?
>>
>>48063271
Season one ended about 80 chapters before where the manga is now. . .
>>
>>48063311
Cool. Thanks for the answers, mang.
>>
>>48063271
>Horses that need entire atomospheres of air to breathe, Monkeys that play hide & go seek when you blink. Or moon alien bunnies, that eat magic.
Shounen is so fucking weird. It's like an immutable law that it gets weirder the longer it goes on.

Bleach has devolved into God's son working with parts of God's anatomy to kill him and take over the world or something. Dragonball became all unkillable candy demons and blue-haired alien kung-fu gods fighting purple cat gods. Soul Eater never made sense to begin with, but by the end it was basically non-sequitor.
>>
>>48063292
It... depends. In general a combination gets you an item with traits of both the originals. You're going to have to experiment to get the appearance and power you want.

Usually you get something better, but sometimes it gives you something weird/useless. There's two ways to combine punch cards though, so the other combination probably works better.
>>
File: good news.jpg (11 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
good news.jpg
11 KB, 303x166
Good News Everyone!
I'm still alive!
>>
>>48063271
That ended around ch100 in the manga, the manga is at ch181 right now.
>>
>>48063373
Go back to being dead.
>>
>>48063373
Who're you?
>>
>>48063408
Damn.
Missed you too anon.
>>
>>48063373
If you can consider that living.
>>
>>48063435
Don't worry faggit man, I'm happy to see you!
>>
>>48063143
Try Alice Through the Looking Glass:
>Should you be crowned a Queen – which is almost a guarantee – you will in Looking-Glass World alone have total freedom of movement, no longer bound the movements of a Pawn. In all worlds you will be granted omnidirectional vision as befits a Queen. You may keep the Crown too.
>>
File: young-frankenstein.jpg (31 KB, 378x241) Image search: [Google]
young-frankenstein.jpg
31 KB, 378x241
>>48063373
IT'S ALIVE!
>>
>>48062399
We can hope.
>>
File: AS590aseialkgibmeaslkaiw.gif (236 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
AS590aseialkgibmeaslkaiw.gif
236 KB, 244x244
>>48063373
>Somefaggit
>Still alive
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>48063318
No, my point is that something that shows up as a single vague shape in a single panel, and doesn't fit in with the setting at all, shouldn't be counted. The Bunny Goddess's existence makes sense with the setting we're given. Some random shopkeeper in the middle of nowhere having a gun doesn't. As for Zaku's arm holes being blocked, I checked: There's no reference of it being like blocking a gun's barrel. His arm is described as being a cannon, but given that all the other cannons we see in Naruto are energy weapons that's probably what is being referred to.
>>
>>48063451
There is always ultraporn.
>>
>>48063335
The New World does not run on game logic, no matter your origin. There is no level cap. They just don't start higher than level 100 because YGGDRASSIL had a level cap.

Locals can start with Level 100 too, so it's not really a concern for jumpers.

Everyone is restricted by maximum life span, except undead.
Players are just more likely to start with a heteromorphic race because they get a discount on it, but you can buy those as local too.

Players don't get infinite redos in the new world either.
Ressurection is available to everyone who is high enough in level. Which not many are, since the New World is not a game.

If you're talking about a normal in-setting person being one or the other you would be right.
But from the perspective of a jumper it really doesn't matter too much.
Players get a discount on heteromorphic races, their discounted companions get Level 100 for free if you have it and better equipment and they can be part of AOG if you want to. They also get memories of future japan and the first level of Inventory for free.
Locals get Innate Talents discounted and free if they're discounted another time, Realm of Heroes for free, their companions are cheaper so you can afford to import all 8 (though they only get Realm of Heroes).
>>
>>48063271
It seems you are reading the official release, please direct yourself to (insert scanlation site here) to read much further into the series. The fan translations of manga tend to be better than the official one anyway.
>>
>>48063521
>>48063335
>Everyone is restricted by maximum life span except undead and angels, because angels are awesome.
FTFY
>>
>>48063542
>Everyone is restricted by maximum life span except the various ones that aren't.
FTFY
>>
>>48063499
Wait a minute. I just remembered something
Asura Path as fucking Rockets installed inside it. Why the fuck is a Gun so hard to believe?
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 736x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 736x637
>>48063388
>>48063346
Well I personally would wait until Chapter 200. However 180+ seem to be a good place to start looking into the series if anyone would wish to make it a jump.

I know I'd jump it in a heartbeat. Because who wouldn't want a 30ft tall Giantess waifu? Or a giant pig that has a tavern for a hat? Or steal that big comfy pillow King has.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.