[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CYOA thread #930: Bully Healer's Club Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previous Thread
>>48067227
>>
Jumpers!

What is something you have stolen for stupid reasons?

Thats a nice pen you have there, it would be a shame if it went missing.
>>
File: 1437219625027.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437219625027.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Tell me about your perk combos. Not the commonly used ones like idiot magician and final form but the more unique and exotic ones.
>>
Jump 79: Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Page of Cups (An unexpected new relationship that is playful and spontaneous.)
...Not sure I want to even know the details, though it's inevitable.
>Age: 25
>Location: Kyoto-2, 2006
>Identity: Pattern Orange
>Drawbacks: You I, II, and III (+200), Apostate (+300), A Dark Pantheon (+300)
This definitely won't end badly at ALL. Nope.
>Superscale Skills (1200)
I'll be working on many large projects in the future. I may as well get a leg up on that now.
>Waveform Anatomy (1100)
Huh, well. This stacks ridiculously well with being a Ditto. I've definitely got strong self-image covered, though. Perhaps I don't have to drink the tang if someone offers.
>Hybrid (900)
Non-euclidean form you say? Yeah, I think as a jumper it's very safe to say that I have one of those.
>AT Field Mastery (500)
This is about as close as I'm ever going to get to getting anything from Elfen Lied, so I'll just have to be be satisfied with this. No Pattern Ultraviolet, however, so any use of the AT field is going to be picked up by NERV.
This also works in my favor - any use my clone(s) make of that will be picked up as well.
>Genre Savior (200, Pattern Orange)
This is what I came to the jump for. This is the only perk I'm even getting from the Pattern Orange list, but I'll be damned if I'll compromise to leave this behind. Beside, any other build leaves me with an extra hundred points. I'll deal with it as I am now.
>Secondary Field (0)
Extra flexibility with my AT field is definitely a helpful thing.
>>
>>48073014
I took Batmans grandfather clock. My batcave replica is now far more authentic.
>>
>>48073022
So, my first mistake was running afoul of SEELE. I'm lucky that what they got from me was only enough to clone me with the abilities from this jump, and not the others. Fortunately... whatever the cause from that, they weren't usable as Evangelion pilots - they didn't cause the same berserker effect that I get if I get within a hundred meters of them, but they're no use as pilots or dummy plugs - they're inert. So instead, the end result is that SEELE has someone who can use an AT field as a last resort, and use it flexibly.

Fortunately for me, they can't use it openly because they can't hide its use. Activating the AT field sets off alarms, so such clones can only use them in a heavily shielded location. Basically... until the endgame, these clones are of use only as operatives. Unfortunately, SEELE having Rei-alikes that can learn from their mistakes means that by the time endgame comes, these clones are going to be highly competent.

In any event, dicking with SEELE is fun. Derailing things entirely is undesirable, but I made sure that there were a few breadcrumbs I could put in various places to make things a bit better.

The right few words to a kid in school, for example, can cause them to sit back and reconsider how they approach life. The right few words to a woman in college can do the same. I basically lived my life as best I could, giving nudges here and there to try and make others' lives easier. Though one mercy I did make sure to grant was to ensure that Asuka was not the one to find her mother's body.

In mid-October, 2015, the Mass Production Evangelion were sent down - ostensibly to help deal with Leliel, who had consumed Unit 01. It made for a good excuse, and was a better plan than dropping 992 N2 bombs on Tokyo-3. Instead, however, Unit 01 emerged, slaughtered the angel... and the MP Evangelions charged him instead. Rei and Asuka charged in to try and help, but three against nine is extremely grim odds.
>>
>>48073003
Why did you add two numbers and remove the jump part of the OP?
>>
>>48073029
He forgot the jumpchain part but what do you mean add 2 numbers? Last thread was 929.
>>
>>48073029
In order:

First query:
>>48067227
>Jumpchain CYOA Thread #929
>implying you aren't trying to stir shit up

Second query:
>OP made an error and somehow it ate the Jumpchain portion.

orz
>>
>>48073049
>>48073052
Should we make a new one? You know people are going to have trouble finding this if there's no jump in the subject.
>>
>>48073028
On a related note: Bypassing AT fields is possible, but it requires one of three things. Either an AT field of your own of sufficient strength, a weapon of sufficient strength (on the order of a focused energy weapon or a very high-yield detonation), or an out-of-context weapon. You see, Evangelions are alive. It turns out that a killing curse, when one has amped it up sufficiently because they've all gone berserk and are targeting you on foot, can most certainly make them cease being alive. No shield can stop that, after all, and I have artifacts and the raw power to cast a killing curse that is indeed strong enough to kill an Evangelion. Of course, I then had to flee from the remaining three berserk Evangelion with human pilots, but otherwise it worked well.

NERV had been betrayed by SEELE before the endgame had even come. I was a relative unknown - just a guy with an apartment downtown, after all, who worked at a convenience store that had been stomped flat months before and never found another job since. I spoke with Gendo (unsurprisingly with myself at gunpoint) and told him that the dead sea scrolls are not the end-all-be-all of prophecy, fate is a thing best ignored by beings with free will, and promptly left - after all, no one wards against apparition.

Aside from letting things progress as expected - NERV still had a job to do even if SEELE was acting up - I kept my head down. Zeruel came and went. Shinji got in the fucking robot and got stuck. They pulled him out, eventually, but before that happened, the MP Evas came again on Ritsuko's 31st birthday in November.

As it turns out, they react very poorly to being befriended, too. Who knew?
>>
>>48073059
They're still a Jump in the post text, that still come up when the ctrl + f.
>>
>>48073079
The shitty part was that I was submitting a properly formatted thread when this guy posted his. If not for him we'd have everything in order.
>>
>>48073060
After that happened I basically went 'fuck it' and started meddling further. Part of it was out of necessity, since at the end of the series things get stupidly dark, but I intended to use Genre Savior to ensure that we got the Noblebright 'Humanity, Fuck Yeah' ending that everyone deserved. This included dealing with one of my clones, who was not bothering to hide himself as he attempted to enter NERV. The only problem with that is that my clones do not have precognition and I do, so that particular conflict was very short.

Kaworu was sent in as a backup pilot as Asuka didn't have a breakdown (she was made of sterner stuff and things went better with Arael) so he sat on the sidelines, it was pointed out to Gendo that if Shinji can get out of the robot then everyone else who went into the robot can get out of the robot, and they started looking forward to the end of the conflict. The remaining angels went as scheduled - Kaworu was put down by Shinji as expected, with Shinji considering him a coward for the angel of free will being too frightened by the prospect of having to exercise it.

In the wake of that, SEELE attempted to drop all of those remaining N2 mines on Tokyo-3 in an attempt to level it. With three Evangelions working together, they were able to manifest AT fields that directed the detonation upward and away from the city, at the cost of incapacitating them afterward. The army was sent in, with one of my clones leading a contingent, and the MP Evas charged in for the third and final time as well.

Having known the attack was coming, NERV headquarters' corridors were filled with bakelite. I don't know how much most people know about it, but it's a plastic. The only way you're going to get in is with effort, ripping plastic out constantly, and it was still hot enough to burn them if and when they tried - my clone was the only one who made headway.
>>
>>48073115
While I was topside dealing with the MP Evas, the soldiers were all following my clone, who was making his way down the path of least resistance. This put them in the cage. Which had three Evangelions online. The soldiers were all crushed like bugs. NERV had no casualties.

My clone managed to escape and run back topside, mission failed, and found me waiting for him atop a pile of Evangelion corpses.

>You know, it's a shame. You have so much potential, and I don't want to fight you. But do you know what?

>What?

>Accio spear.

>What the hell is an accio spear? Is that half-assed Latin or something? Wait, why are you looking at me like-

And then the clone was erased by the Lance of Longinus, which I quietly disappeared before I went inside to celebrate with the rest of them.
>>
>>48073003
Ya put the wrong thread name OP.
>>
>>48073150
I know. I have failed you all. But Jumpchain is still in the text, and the thumbnail, so anyone who looks at it or hits ctrl-f should still see it.
>>
>>48073187
This is why I always check my OP after I make the thread, so I can delete it immediately if it's flawed.
>>
>>48073221
Yeah. I screwed that up big time. Not gonna lie. But at least everything's done properly here - we have an edition, we have the IRC, we have the PDF, so at least I'm not as big a screw up as SOME anons.
>>
>>48073022
I don't think I've seen you write this much for anything else.
>>
File: sadmarine.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
sadmarine.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Thread's too old to delete now, so let's get down to business.

What's one thing you regret not being able to do during your first 10 Jumps, /jc/?
>>
>>48073244
Not have to slaughter my fellow Cursed Children to survive.
>>
>>48073244
Live comfortably.

Wasn't particularly enjoyable for about half of those jumps.
>>
>>48073236
I wrote more for Harry Potter, but some jumps just write themselves. Some are a sentence, some a couple paragraphs, this is more like a page.

And now on to Asura's Wrath. Pray for me. I'm going to need it.
>>
File: skellyton.png (95 KB, 377x385) Image search: [Google]
skellyton.png
95 KB, 377x385
>>48073019
Well. I made myself into the indestructable Skellyton?

Start with Symbiote, for fractal-pattern carbon nanotube bones. Upgrade to Vibranium+Adamantium in Marvel. Grab Kaguya bloodline in Naruto for control over it and hardening it further. eXceed's Alchemy was useful too, infusing every individual bone with the concept of "Indestructability."

Then go to Skulduggery Pleasant and become a skellyton without the meaty bits.

Laugh at feeble attempts to fight/destroy me. Spoopily.
>>
File: Calcium mother fucker.jpg (311 KB, 650x2600) Image search: [Google]
Calcium mother fucker.jpg
311 KB, 650x2600
>>48073318
>>
So i'm looking to start fate/

I'd fate/stay night a good starting place?
>>
Did that issue with the Witcher jump ever get resolved?
>>
>>48073019
That patch of light space near the top looks like a seal. Its even got some black spots in the right place for the nose and like eyes.
>>
File: chandelure.jpg (274 KB, 1295x750) Image search: [Google]
chandelure.jpg
274 KB, 1295x750
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon retcon

Litwick 300
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Attract
Rest
Endure
Natural Instinct 400
Multitalent 500
Move Expert 700
All-Terrain Hiker 1050
Hyperkinesis 1450
Aura Ribbon 1500
Post Town
Followed 1300
Partnerless 1000

Realised I took Painful Powers in PMD which I suspect may have been a result of me originally slotting this later in my chain. It's like 3rd though and I probably can't get by on Smoke Conduit stuff alone.

So I've cut it out and gotten rid of Map Surveyor. So long sense of direction!
>>
>>48073370
The jump or the series?
>>
Wanted to try a character chain for a change of pace, see how things go.

0. 80s Action Movie
Name: Max McFury
Career: Unemployed, formally Police Officer (Bruce Willis) (900)
One-Liner
Bulging Muscles
Hidden Talent- Painting
If It Bleeds (100)
Inventive (0)
Muscle Shirt

>After retiring from the force, loose cannon Max McFury recieves a phonecall from a mysterious man calling himself "The Benefactor", telling him to show up at an abandoned Warehouse near the waterfront. Suddenly, everything goes dark as Max blacks out. Rushing outside, what he finds will change everything.

Warehouse
Electricity, Plumbing, Heat/AC, Force Wall, Shelving, Housing, Workshop, Medbay, Free Space, Food Supply, Loft

Destinations:

Fill em' up, gents.
>>
>>48073401
No, it did not.
>>
>>48073370
If you're looking to get into the series- https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/wiki/seriesfaq-fate pretty much explains your options as well as anyone could.
>>
>>48073447
Cho Aniki and Kung Fury
>>
>>48073447
>Fill em' up, gents.

Sailor Moon
>>
>>48073447
Kingdom Hearts.
>>
>>48073447
Doom 2016
>>
>>48073447
Robocop
Undertale.
>>
>>48073447

Generic Sugar Bowl
>>
Jump 80: Asura's Wrath
>Ten of Cups, reversed (Dissipation, debauchery, and stagnation. Taking one's good fortune for granted.)
>Age: 21
>Era: Age of Rage
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Outside the Wheel (+100), A Rival (+200), Solid Gold Supersoul (+300)
This is what I get for relying on precognition.
>Make An Example (Free, drop-in)
So a perk that makes others keep their wits, rather than leaning heavily on their ego? I like it.
>Living Saint (1200, drop-in)
Well, at least it means that hostile spirits won't be trying to kill me immediately.
>Demigod Atelier (800)
Ah! This is most decidedly magitech, though of a divine sort. I wonder if I can adapt it to other magic systems...
>Mantra Affinity: Pride (700)
Okay, yeah, not going to lie, I do have a lot of pride in what I'm doing these days. Might as well use it, though apparently if I have people worship me directly it's every bit as effective?
>Mantra Training and Techniques (500)
Does this mean I can throw fireballs like Ryu now?
>Cyborg Hindu Godbody (100)
Now this is just cool. I like it.
>Mantra Prayer Wheel (Free, drop-in)
Useful, at least to an extent.
>Divinity Banishment Staff (0, drop-in)
Well, at least I have SOME kind of useful weapon against all of this silliness.

I may look like a demigod... but in the end, I am not one. Instead, there are much better ways to do things. Not many plans aside from staying out of Asura's way, but there is one thing I'm going to utilize, and that is Living Saint. Keep the energy from being utilized... and instead, let it heal the people, heal the land. Calm down Gaea, and in turn, perhaps calm the demigods who are running around like idiots.

Oh, who am I kidding? Asura's going to punch them. All of them. In the everything.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d8)

>>48073569
>>48073581
>>48073587
>>48073593
>>48073596
>>48073598
Queued.

1. Cho Aniki
2. Kung Fury
3. Sailor Moon
4. Kingdom Hearts
5. Doom 2016
6. Robocop
7. Undertale
8. Generic Sugar Bowl
>>
>>48073014
I stole Hitler's mustache.

Not quite sure why though.
>>
>>48073014
When I'm on Earth I try to steal the British Crown Jewels once a year or so. I don't keep them, I just decorate some random statue with them. Wax figures in compromising positions are fun.
>>
After hearing it brought up in thread, I decided to give Seven Deadly Sins a watch. It's pretty generic shonen anime for the most part. Does the manga get any better?

At the moment, the only interesting parts are the SDS hanging out being friends. Diane a cute.
>>
>>48073872
Diane a shit.
>>
>>48073872
Your waifu is shit anon.
>>
>>48073878
But why?
>>
>>48073888
Memes Jack! I'll actually be grabbing Diane if we ever get the jump.
>>
>>48073888
She is best girl, best girls must be waifued, and waifus are all universally shit.
>>
File: touchthecow2.jpg (227 KB, 1020x653) Image search: [Google]
touchthecow2.jpg
227 KB, 1020x653
>>48073950
While your logic is sound, the truth of this makes my heart hurt.

>pic mostly unrelated
>>
File: gimme_dat_ding.gif (194 KB, 267x186) Image search: [Google]
gimme_dat_ding.gif
194 KB, 267x186
>>48073967
>Dat filename
Well, if you insist.
>>
>>48073967
Alternate pic titles:
>Giant Waifus: Why they're a good idea
>Throwing Shade: Why it's not always a bad thing
>Waifu Engineering: Have Jumpers Gone Too Far?
>>
>>48073979
>Giant Waifus
There is a sign in my warehouse directing all new female companions to collect a YJ Growth Magatama from a shelf.
>>
File: Touch the cow.jpg (154 KB, 741x1078) Image search: [Google]
Touch the cow.jpg
154 KB, 741x1078
>>48073967
>>
>>48073624
1. Doom 2016
Mars: Advanced Research Complex
Drop In
Age 28
Combat Training
Pathfinder
What Do You Mean, "Reload?" (900)
Fortune and Glory (700)
If You Want A Job Done Right (400)
Hell Devours the Indolent (300)
Impact Compensation (100)
Praetorian (-200)
Prophecy of the Seraphim (-500)
Crate of Guns
Locks and Locks and Locks, Too Late, DOOT (0)

>Max McFury is ripped and torn away from his retirement after answering the call of a mysterious Benefactor, finding himself farther from home than he ever thought possible. Looking outside of a nearby window, he slowly begins to realize the gravity of his situation.

>"Nice view, hmm?" he hears, directly behind him. He knows that voice. Max feels his consciousness start to slip again as he whips around, attempting to catch a glimpse of the man who sent him here.

>He doesn't; he wakes up chained to an alter, sans most of his clothing. Not the first time he's woken up like that. He was also surrounded by cyclopean, humanoid creatures, which was new.

>Max struggles, attempting to break through his shackles as the creatures draw nearer. Suddenly, the head of the nearest monster explodes in a cloud of gore, splattering the room with a blood and brains.

>The creatures, and Max, turn to look at the source of the blast, only to see a tall man wearing a suit of green armor and hefting a massive shotgun.

>After the marine finished painting the walls red, he motions for Max to follow him; wordlessly leading him to a suit of armor similar to his own- as well as a big crate of guns. Max grins.

>Demons may not feel pity or remorse... but they did feel fear. The duo cut through the demonic hordes, silencing their screeches and doots; their battle cry becoming legendary even in hell: "Rip and Tear!"

Need a new 5.
>>
Hay Digger and all you Judy Hopps lovers out there, this one is for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKPhjkw3Y84
>>
>>48074008
>Eyyy gurl shove dat worm up yer brain
>>
>>48074066
Alice Through the Looking Glass.
>>
>>48074090
That is a lot of rabbits. . . Almost as much as would be born if a jumper became a rabbit in Zootopia and then waifued Judy Hopps.
>>
File: Magic box.jpg (48 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Magic box.jpg
48 KB, 300x450
Anyone got some suggestions about how I could go about making pic related? I've got a mother box but getting the rings and having them work elsewhere is where I have no clue. No I didn't but the 1000cp ring and the GLaTS rings are far less powerful that what I need.
>>
>>48074066
One piece.
>>
File: Sorin.jpg (549 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Sorin.jpg
549 KB, 1200x675
Realised my Innistrad build was basically a worse version of Sorin due to all the focus on vampire perks, a copy of his sword and My Masterpiece which makes it easier to do big mad projects.

Got me thinking, does anyone actually know how he made Avacyn? Seems like maybe it'd have to be more than Sangromancy and powers fueled by Black mana.
>>
>>48074576
Probably created an artifact that he used to create her. Artificers do the best work.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48074066
>>48074101
1. Cho Aniki
2. Kung Fury
3. Sailor Moon
4. Kingdom Hearts
5. Alice Through The Looking Glass
6. Robocop
7. Undertale
8. Generic Sugar Bowl

>http://pastebin.com/fnWpB5Bn
This part was too big to fit in one post, so here's a pastebin.

>>48074301
Saved.
>>
>>48074576
Loads and loads of white mana as an Oldwalker. Also lots of study into stuff that can hand out powers to followers. Remember, Avacyn is also the cornerstone of the entire setup they had for the Church. Without Avacyn they're still able to do some stuff, but not nearly as much.
>>48074644
No real reason for it to have been an artifact, more akin to a planewide enchantment tied to a particular creature.
>>
>>48074576

This is an English board m8
>>
>>48073950
>Diana
>Best Girl
>Not Merlin
>>
Never done this before, but here I go!

First, some backstory type stuff:

>Name: Emrys
>Companions (taking a max of three for simplicity’s sake): Marw the Eevee (will evolve into Umbreon in jump)
>Benefactor/Jumpchan shows herself as a small, young, pale girl with long white hair and rainbow eyes, doesn’t quite explain why I was chosen, but I choose not to question it, rather than look a gift horse in the mouth.
>I choose to keep jumping because it grants me a form of immortality. I’m terrified of death, and choose to fight my fears head on, amassing power until I can stop being afraid of death, because it can no longer touch me.

Jump 1: Pokemon

Region:
>Kalos
Identity:
>Age 10
>Male
>Drop In

Starter:
>Actual Starter
>Eevee
>Shiny

Skills:
>Combat Training
>Physical Fitness
>Freerunning
>Survival Training
>Savant

Gear:
>3X Master Balls
>HM Collection
>50K pokedollars
>Rebreather
>Med Kit
>Hypervisor
>Sniper Rifle

Flaws:
>Damned
>Hunted (Yveltal)

gonna be making a story from this, but I figure I should get my first 100 years laid out before I really start it.

I need 8 jumps to roll on
>>
>>48074715
Eh, fair enough, I forgot global enchantments were a thing there. Still, artifacts are some of the bossest things ever to exist in MtG.
>>
>>48074832
Mystery Dungeon
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

84 Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Angel -400
Age 21
Artistic Reality -100, Verbose Speaker -100, Greater than Man, Sins and Virtues(Lust), Stylish Weapons(Kilt), Hybrid -300, Everyone Wants To Be Me, Devil’s Advocate -200, Spirit of Anarchy -300, I Want You -200,
Sweet Threads, Local Housing, Weaponized Stylish Clothing, Box of Vices, Angelmobile -200,
Fanservice +100, Zombies! +100, Revelations +600,
Oh no, my stylish weapon does nothing to zombies! Not like I don't have plenty of weapons better suited to them. I'll just be zooming about with some R.E.M. stuck in my head fighting the apocalypse. I actually manage to protect most of the city from it. Not sure how much of the End I stove off, but the city is mostly untouched and the people largely safe. Who knows what happened to the rest of the world.
Continue
>>48068831 (You)
1 Golden Sun
2 Starcraft Zerg
3 Sailor Moon
4 Claymore
5 Soma
6 Axe Cop
7 Erfworld
8 Shin Megami Tensei

Alan Wake queued after roll, Devil Survivor 2, Overlord Manga/Light Novel, and Spyro the Dragon in the queue queue.
>>
>>48074896
Claymore bound.
>>
>>48074832
X-Men, Kids Next Door, Neopets, and Project Freelancer.
>>
>>48074832
Strike Witches
One Piece
>>
>>48074832
Ranma 1/2, Overlord (Light novel), Symbiote, Avatar The last airbender, Adventure time, Skyrim and X-men.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>48074710
2. Kung Fury
Cop
Miami, 1985
You Got A Permit For These?
Sudden Appearances
Excellent Shot (800)
You're The Best Damn Partner I've Ever Had (400)
I'm A Cop, From The Future (300)
Aesthetics (100)
Gun- A Beretta M9.
Clothes- Cop Uniform.
Badge (50)
The Crotchshot Pistol (-100)
Hoff9000 Sportscar (-200)
Kung Face, Yeah. That's My Bicep (0)

>"... I'm sorry I doubted you, Triceracop, McFury. You're the best damn partners I've ever had."

>"...you too, Kung Fury."

1. Cho Aniki
2. One Piece
3. Sailor Moon
4. Kingdom Hearts
5. Alice Through The Looking Glass
6. Robocop
7. Undertale
8. Generic Sugar Bowl
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>48074885
>>48074908
>>48074913
1. Mystery Dungeon
2. X-Men
3. Kids Next Door
4. Neopets
5. Project Freelancer
6. Strike Witches
7. One Piece
8. Ranma 1/2
>>
>>48074913
>Strike Witches
That's probably my favorite imaged jump. I just love the way it looks.
>>
>>48075003
Same. I never would have imagined someone would put so much effort into a jump for Strike Witches, but I'm certainly glad they did.
>>
File: SisterShy.jpg (48 KB, 462x518) Image search: [Google]
SisterShy.jpg
48 KB, 462x518
>>48075003
>>48075082

You know, I only really did Strike Witches and DxD because people said that no one could do them. That and that they are oddly endearing.

You'd have an Overwatch jump if someone didn't beat me to the punch
I'll fight you insufficient lore guy

But thanks guys. All the positivity is really making my day.
>>
File: 1421880364594.jpg (494 KB, 780x918) Image search: [Google]
1421880364594.jpg
494 KB, 780x918
>>48075184
>All the positivity
Fuck that. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
>>
>>48075213
What did you say about my father you fucking smurf!?!
>>
>>48075184
>You'd have an Overwatch jump if someone didn't beat me to the punch

Ah, why'd I have to know that!?
>>
File: yous is hat now.png (143 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
yous is hat now.png
143 KB, 1000x1000
>>48075262
BRING IT ON YOU GLORIFIED FASHION ACCESSORY!
>>
>>48075262
That guardsman and SoB comic was adorable.
>>
>>48074932
The dice have decided my fate as a teenage girl
send help

Jump 2: Strike Witches

Starting Location:
>Free Choice
>USA
>Chartreux Cat

Background:
>Age 16
>Female
>Drop In

Striker type:
>Fighter
>Second Generation

Perks:
>Defensive Sign “Directional Shield”
>Restoration Sign “Top Gun Conditioning”
>Perception Sign “Ballistic Stabilization”
>Technomage

Weapons
>Anti Tank Rifle x2
>General Purpose Machine Gun
>Assault Rifle
>Pistol

Other Equipment:
>Bomber Jacket
>Call Sign (Catty)
>Striker Artificer Tool Kit

Companion Import: Marw the Umbreon
Striker:
>Fighter
>Gen 2

Weapons:
>General Purpose Machine Gun
>Pistol x2

Drawbacks:
>No pants allowed
>Forbidden love

Everything's gone comedicly lewd
This is heaven and hell at the same time

1. Mystery Dungeon
2. X-Men
3. Kids Next Door
4. Neopets
5. Project Freelancer
7. One Piece
8. Ranma 1/2

Need a replacement for number 6
>>
>>48075314
;-;
>>
File: x1drykydp1odah6qgbbw.jpg (56 KB, 636x397) Image search: [Google]
x1drykydp1odah6qgbbw.jpg
56 KB, 636x397
>>48075334
Now I'm sad...
>>
>>48075322

Overlord (manga/light novel)
>>
>>48075184
Oh, Sister Strike Burke-Chan, you and your works are an inspiration to me. I only hope one day to be worthy to claim you as my one twu waifu.
>>
File: konata3.jpg (16 KB, 354x199) Image search: [Google]
konata3.jpg
16 KB, 354x199
>>48075213
Ohyeah. That picture reminds me. I never posted a thing.

Warhammer 40,000: The Imperium
> Location: Armageddon [Rolled6]
> Background: TechPriest [-100CP]
> Astartes Implants [-250CP]
> Technical Training [Get a Freebie!]
> + Arch-Magos [-250CP]
> Imperial Creed [-50CP]
> Cyber-technician [-150CP]
> Blank [-400CP]
> + Anathema [+100CP]
> + Culexus [-100CP]
> Mechanicus Implants [Get a Freebie!]
> Kill-Team [Get a Freebie!]
> Abhuman (Felinid) [+200CP]

I make no secret my love for 40K. That's why I spend so long making builds for it! I love to plan stories for its rich and varied plots and complex characters, so I might hear the loving words of its fans' in harmony of interpretation. I am vomiting sarcasm.

Anyway, I think I'm a techmarine? Possibly a fair ranking techpriest? And also a catgirl? And a blank. I'm like nine feet tall because of the implants, and I'm pretty sure my shoulders are bigger than most doorways.
Who are we kidding? I'm probably an experiment by some hereitc techpriest to make an ultimate bioweapon and everyone is shocked as hell I lived this long. I'm Frank Horrigan. If you know who that is without google, I love you.

Anyway, uninhabitable desert planet, orks, shooty death, whatever.
I have a bunch of anti-parasite plant-biology and grafting perks, so considering orks reproduce by spores I'm probably like one third ork by the end of this. Fuck it. Fuck orks. Fuck this place.

I wonder how Blank interacts with Soul Eater's Monster Cat?
>>
If anyone hasnt claimed them I would be doing a Home Improvement and Vanquish Jump.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>48075403
1. Mystery Dungeon
2. X-Men
3. Kids Next Door
4. Neopets
5. Project Freelancer
6. Overlord (manga)
7. One Piece
8. Ranma 1/2
>>
>>48075551
>Home Improvement
Neat.
>>
>>48075551
More power!
>>
>>48075455
Oh and dibs
>>
>>48075618
In Home Improvement? What cha gonna do? Power construct toilet?

Though how Vanquish suit compared to Iron man suit?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48074896
85 Claymore
Mainland
Age 22
Organization -150
Half Yoma -150(Defense)
Supervision, Enchanting Body and Hair -100, Lucky With The Ladies -400, Strong Heart -600, Fleshcrafter -300,
Awakened Form +300, Massive Form -300,
Setting Appropriate Clothing, Some Really Good String, Hawk Sword -100,
Abyss Feeders +400, You Smell Delicious +200, Armless +200,
Looks like I need some temporary cybernetic arms until I rip the arms off of an awakened or an abyss feeder or something(really, whatever arms seem better than my cybernetics. Come to think of it, it may take a while for the feeders to get strong enough to be worth my while arm wise). Then again, I might rip off some Asarakamu arms. Whatever seems good enough and becomes available first. I'll also practice awakening and pulling back, in addition to researching the various biological materials I find in this war zone. Shouldn't be difficult to find specimens, they all want to eat me.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Starcraft Zerg
3 Sailor Moon
4 Alan Wake
5 Soma
6 Axe Cop
7 Erfworld
8 Shin Megami Tensei
Devil Survivor 2 queued, Overlord Manga/Light Novel, and Spyro the Dragon in the queue queue.
>>
>>48075649
Ten years as a brain in jar bartender. . .
>>
>>48075672
Zerg!
>>
File: 54622954.jpg (151 KB, 491x391) Image search: [Google]
54622954.jpg
151 KB, 491x391
>>48075649
>>48075455
>>
>>48075664
I bet Binford could add some kick to my cyborg body.
>>
>>48075649
A cyberpunk bartender jump?
>>
>>48075690
I don't know, never play it myself. Looking at the image on google it does look badass.
>>
I noticed that there was not Mage: The Ascension jump on the drive. I've done a quick check, but haven't found any reference to anyone currently working a jump for that setting.

As such, I'm going to start work on a Mage: The Ascension jump. I don’t really care if anyone makes another Mage: The Ascension jump, so long as any later author also doesn’t care if anyone else makes another Mage: The Ascension jump.

If someone has already 'claimed' a Mage: The Ascension jump, I'd appreciate it if some one could like me to the thread.
>>
>>48075728
>I'd appreciate it if some one could like me

awwwww
>>
File: 8pPf3xI.gif (220 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
8pPf3xI.gif
220 KB, 500x210
>>48075688
>>
File: hug.gif (502 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
hug.gif
502 KB, 500x270
>>48075728
>>
>>48075728
See: >>48075688
>>
>>48075688
I was looking for something nice from *Kira* Miki but that was too perfect.

I love my adoring public, really.

>>48075681
Good draw back.

I'm considering making it a vacation jump... a dangerous vacation jump

>>48075712
Game's called VA-11 Hall-A, pronounced Valhalla. It's mad comfy and I'm thinking of working something out as my next project.

As for my current project

Khaos Brigade has a 400cp perk to making infiltration easier, a 600cp perk that basically makes you the many faced man from game of thrones, and able to share that with others, and I've begrudgingly decided to put a nerfed dragon form in there for 800cp.

I need a 100 and a 200 cp perk for them

And also any sacred gear that you guys want, let me know and if they aren't too op they can go in the new Sacred gear table.

I'm considering making it so each evil piece comes with a sacred gear as well as some cp to spend on perks.
>>
What perks/ items should I grab before hitting Worm, one piece and SCP? Either to just survive some stuff or for general usefulness in those jumps.
>>
>>48075799
Well, any sort of flight will be exceedingly useful in one piece.
>>
>>48075740
>>48075741
>>48075755
>>48075763

I deserve that...
>>
>>48075766
>I'm considering making it so each evil piece comes with a sacred gear as well as some cp to spend on perks.
Would prefer if you don't, that should be the jumper job. You wanna a sacred gear users in your group, work for it. Or you just could spend CP to buy them a scared gear.
As for 100 CP or 200 CP, while not a perk to find scared gear and post jump potential?
>>
>>48075799
For Worm you will want a danger sense and a long range teleportation power that can be used on a moments notice, don't bother trying to defend yourself on Golden Morning. . . just run.

One Piece has all you need in jump.

SCP has a pretty wide range of dangers so luck perks would be good to keep from randomly encountering any Keter class bullshit.
>>
>>48075574
>when you forget to do Bodymod/warehouse
let me fix that

Body Mod Supplement:

Build:
>Medium

Body Type:
>Athlete

Stats:
>Speed 2
>Dexterity 2
>Appeal 2
>All others 0

Perks:
>Flexibility 2
>Metavore
>Height 1
>Evercleansed

Cosmic Warehouse Supplement:

Utilities:
>Electricity
>Plumbing
>Heat/AC
>ForceWall

Structures:
>Housing
>Medbay

Misc:
Food Supply

I'm still stuck as a girl thanks to Strike Witches, but at least now I don't have to worry about maintaining this body, plus I've got free food when I need it now.
>>
>>48075799
Precog, Hydrokinesis, flight, anti-madness
Precog for all three, it's always good to be able to see ahead.
Hydrokinesis for both Worm and One Piece, though more for One Piece
Flight is always a good power
Anti-madness of some kind is absolutely necessary for SCP, because that place is fuckin' chock full of shit that can mess with your brain just by looking at it/knowing about it. Also maybe some kind of memory deletion ability, like the one in Great Detective.
>>
>>48075822
Kek. More seriously no one has claimed it, but good luck, that jump is going to get all the critical eyeballing, all of it.
>>
>>48075799
Half life's Universal Blind Spot perk, it helps to make it so that people cant properly account for you in their plans. Not sure what else in particular.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>48073019
You mean the non-pastebined ones? Alright, there's something of a pet project I only consider suitable for a...certain mindset of companion. They need to WANT it for it to work properly, anyway. The overall procedure's differed a little over the ages and at present it goes something like:

-The Binding, Storm Hawks
--Corruption Adept, Spyro the Dragon
-PSI+Evil Power, MOTHER
--Synchroncity Event+The Ride Never Ends, FEAR
-Embodiment of Evil+Titan's Blood, God of War
-A+++ Mystic Eyes of Imaginary Numbers/Demons boosted by an A+++ Anti-Unit (Self) NP that raises upgrades them by 5 parameters, Fate/Extra
-To Call Forth, Sword & Sorcery
--Trigram Knowledge & Alchemy, Journey to the West
--Fully Upgraded Mixing Cauldron, Atelier Arland
--Alchemy, Five Star Stories
--Mega Bomb+Guru, Chrono Trigger
--Blood, Mind & Heart, Dresden Files
--Conjoined Conjures, Cardcaptor Sakura
---Actualisation, FF8
--Mage+Smelter, Blazblue
-Fear Tech, Monsters Inc
-Anima, FF 12 Revenant Wings
-Foundation: Worm Entities, Cortex Command
--Gravity Furnace, Blame!
-Jumper is a Genius!+Naoya's Notes, Devil Survivor
--Research Notes, Geneforge
---Demonologist, DMC
---Hypnos Gene, Resident Evil
---Inner Self, Demon's Souls
-Angelus Stone+That Undefinable Thing, Tales of Symphonia
--Angel Slayer, Valkyrie Profile

So, here's how this works.

You use The Binding to grant someone the ability Corruption Adept, and Synchronicty Event to besetow on them the ability to use PSI.

Then you set up an elaborate clarktech array to harvest fear and evil intent from as many realms of reality as you can reach, over a population equal at least to a populated city.

At the epicenter of the infrastructure, you set up a magitech cauldron that resembles a cross between the Azure Grimoire's original form, an Angelus Stone, an actual cauldron and a taoist alchemy cruicible. You prime it with a ritual of conceptual sacrifice and equivalent exchange.

(cont'd)
>>
File: Sunrise Mountain.jpg (147 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
Sunrise Mountain.jpg
147 KB, 1024x780
>>48073019
Well I posted it a few threads back but sure. This is a combo for reality warping which takes some jumps to set up, but is worth it once you get it going.

Basically you need at a minimum Scarlet Destiny from Touhou, Cartoon Physics from Worm, and Eightfold Path from Lord Of Light for the reality warping. Use Power Combinations from Young Justice to combine the three, so that Scarlet Destiny builds off Cartoon Physics' quantum scaling to manipulate probability with a fine degree of control while reducing mana cost since QP is doing the heavy lifting. Eightfold Path turns absolutes into non absolutes, or in this case 0% probability into nonzero probability. I use it in power combinations as it lets you decide how powers within it interact, for that extra measure of showing the work. You can now reality warp any possibility provided you have enough mana.

Supplement this with any unlimited mana scheme in addition to Leaky Limiter from Mushoku Tensei for an ever growing mana pool, and cojoined conjures to link magic systems to make use of it for other things.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>48075878
All the fear and evil is to be condensed into a liquid form in the cauldron. But that's not all-you add in your own inner demons for extra potency, and you add in a little part of yourself that bestows the life essence of an SMT demon in genetic form. Last but not least, you use http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46002230/#46004506 to add in a supply of cloned souls with particularly vast growth potential. In my case, my own were the strongest available and I had plenty of spares, so I used my own.

And then the companion enters the cauldron, and you activate both sets of Mystic Eyes focused on them, creating a region where space and time have no meaning which is simultaneously primed to upgrade an individual into an existence capable of generating its' own Reality Marble.

As for what comes out-well, remember Giygas from Earthbound? Imagine if Giygas a) was actively assisted in his ascension by a natural phenomenon, b) had a few other tricks from various kinds of spiritual entity, c) retained his mind and d) had an arbitrary amount of time to grow their power in an eldritch device capable of indefinite power growth.

Again, actualisation-based transcendence requires a willing participant. There's precious few among even my companions who would willingly undergo this process-people like Kiara, Morathi and Lilith.
>>
I wonder if there is any chance of a Baki Jump?
>>
>>48075895
Could a jumper do this to themselves? Or would it kill us.
>>
>>48075826
>As for 100 CP or 200 CP, while not a perk to find scared gear and post jump potential?

Yeah, that could work, and then develops post jump as a kind of spider sense for supernatural shenanigans.

Post jump potential... What do you mean?

For what ever reason I keep thinking I should make a perk based off of Sun Wukong but nothings really coming to mind.

>Would prefer if you don't, that should be the jumper job. You wanna a sacred gear users in your group, work for it

Hear me out, because the core focus of the jump was originally companions. What I'm considering doing is something like what the Akami Ga Kill jump did with it's Imperial Arms so rather than outright purchasing Sacred gears you build one out of a few fields. That way induvidual Pawns would no longer be trash companions like they kinda feel like they are now, and there would be more of a reward for spreading your Pawns up.

Existing Sacred gears would be moved to items with their class discounts intact so as not to fuck up everyone's builds.
>>
>>48075917
>Baki
It looks like Cho Aniki's edgy cousin.
>>
File: Beware Of Jumpers.png (638 KB, 850x425) Image search: [Google]
Beware Of Jumpers.png
638 KB, 850x425
>>48073244
Defeat airman.

>>48073967
>>48074046
Truly, slice of life jump was a magical place.

>>48074203
Step 1: Get a box and some rings.
Step 2: Stick the rings in that box and make some see through bottoms so it looks like it's floating.
Step 3: Decorate the box and put the stuff that makes glowsticks work on the rings.
Step 4: Hold box dramatically and wax on triumphantly about how your box is shinier than his and will finally take first place this year at the arts and crafts show.

>>48075262
Stop making me have strange thoughts about sisters of battle.

>>48075766
>>48053160
>On suggestions for sacred gears, could we possibly see (nerfed or not) the option for Slash Dog or Dimension Lost? Maybe the ability to make psuedo gears in fallen angel tree like Azazel? Possibly some scientist perks in fallen angel given that's their schtick. A nondiscounted or discounted for youkai/nonhuman option for senjutsu techniques would be good too. Might be nice to see a perk under angel tree for the ability to get by in foreign lands on the aid of others by being just that nice of a person, or getting past language barriers. To represent the church trio or the general goal of theirs to spread their religion in foreign lands. Can we have an option to belong to one of the surviving pillar houses, barring Phoenix for obvious reasons? For Khaos Brigade, a charisma/leadership perk to model after Cao Cao and his ability to gather those with talents from various backgrounds under his banner. Also possibly something for finding an opponent's weaknesses and utilizing them better against opponents in the way of some new spell or item created, given that's what they did. Would add more requests/suggestions but brain is shutting off after work.
>>
>>48075979
>Post jump potential... What do you mean?
I mean you can't exactly find scared gear user in other universe right... so post jump, the perk change from finding scared gear to those with potential.

>Hear me out
That cools, but are you gonna do the pawn power up to queen after jump? You do one or the other but both is kind of... unnecessary?
>>
>>48075994
I would say History's Strongest Disciple's edgy cousin, only the master ranks are everywhere.
>>
>>48075979
>For what ever reason I keep thinking I should make a perk based off of Sun Wukong but nothings really coming to mind.

Monkey Business: Some people fight, and some play around. Then there's you. Whenever you throw down you have a sense of how to use the minimum possible force to dispel far stronger attacks, with the flair to make it look like it's all a game. Free aggravating monkey charm thrown in to really drive it home.

Monkey Magic: Talent in senjutsu, with a specialty in transforming your appearance into that of another.

Yeah, nothing was inspiring on the last idea but Sun shows up rarely in the LNs and Bikou is really only memorable for transforming into Rias in a side story and throwing down like the rest of Vali Squad.
>>
File: 1452115344056.jpg (18 KB, 412x307) Image search: [Google]
1452115344056.jpg
18 KB, 412x307
I started reading Tower of God because of the jump that got posted a few threads ago and I'm really falling in love with it.

9/10 would recommend.

There's no canon companion option in the jump, is there?
>>
>>48076105
Fuck Rachel
>>
What are some interesting Stands that came about from you scratching people with the Arrowhead?
>>
>>48075849
alright, on to Ranma 1/2

Jump 3: Ranma ½

Background:
>Age 18
>Female (“Same as last jump”, kill me)
>Drop In

Jusenkyo Curse: Spring of Drowned Boy
(Oh hey, a solution to the last problem!)

Perks:
>Some Kind of Ninja
>Gambling Acumen
>Medical Genius
>Copycat Technique (Anon who suggested Ranma, I love you for this)
>Hidden Weapon Space
>Construction Master

Gear:
>Collection of Magic Incenses
>False-Friendship Electric Shock Ring
>Flask of Water of Life

Decided not to take drawbacks on this one, the water curse is enough for me as it is.

1. Mystery Dungeon
2. X-Men
3. Kids Next Door
4. Neopets
5. Project Freelancer
6. Overlord (manga)
7. One Piece

Need a replacement for slot 8
>>
>>48076167
Pirates of the Caribbean.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d8)

>>48076180
1. Mystery Dungeon
2. X-Men
3. Kids Next Door
4. Neopets
5. Project Freelancer
6. Overlord (manga)
7. One Piece
8. Pirates of the Caribbean
>>
>>48076133
Honestly I haven't even come up with stands for all of my companions yet. Though that may have to do with the fact that I am only willing to come up with a stand when listening to music, and I rarely listen to music. Though three of the 4 stands I have come up with for my companions are from songs from the same band.
>>
>>48076188
welp, I was hoping to stay human for these first 10 jumps
there goes that idea.
Having never experienced the setting in any form, what should I know before I Jump?
>>
>>48076119
No, I would rather shove a spade up her ass and set the damned bitch on fire. In all of Jumpchain there she is by far the worst girl.
>>
>>48076230
That is the idea, get your mind out of the gutter.
>>
File: 1446362895377.jpg (153 KB, 818x1157) Image search: [Google]
1446362895377.jpg
153 KB, 818x1157
>>48076034
Well no because all pieces get a gear for free. If I just add that it still kinda stays balanced and mr Maxpower should be satisfied.

>>48076010
See, I know what those words are but I have no idea what any of them mean

How the fuck did I end up authoring this jump again?

Anyway, changing the angel/devil/fallen angel trees are beyond the scope of this update, their main tree lies in the class perks and changing that is more work than I'm willing to do.

I've subconsciously taken on-board the ideas on molding the Khaos Brigade on Cao Cao. It's shaping up to have some rather powerful subterfuge perks, and I think the infiltration one could certainly have a recruitment angle to it.

Dunno about the gears you suggested though.

>>48076103
>Monkey Business: Some people fight, and some play around. Then there's you. Whenever you throw down you have a sense of how to use the minimum possible force to dispel far stronger attacks, with the flair to make it look like it's all a game. Free aggravating monkey charm thrown in to really drive it home.

I like this perk, this is good 200cp perk.

>>48075320
Based Luth
>>
>>48076248
>mr Maxpower
I don't whether to be laughing cause it is funny or sad that it is a thing now...
>>
>>48076188
Replacements for later- Sburb, God of War, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Shadow Ops and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi.
>>
>>48076119
>>48076230
>>48076242
What is so awful about this girl?
>>
>>48076289
Just be salty like the grumpy bastard we all are inside.
>>
>>48076133
No idea.
Coming up with good, balanced, appropriate Stands is hard.

What would the Weasley twins' Stands do? Would they share one?
What about Roran (Inheritance)? Actually, now that I think about it, he'd have some sort of tracker!Stand, or maybe one that does large scale, linear manipulation of his surroundings, to make him closer to his target.
>>
>>48076364
This is literally the only reason my companions don't have stands. Cause I was too lazy to come up with more then 1.
>>
File: Cao Cao Siege.jpg (56 KB, 1024x429) Image search: [Google]
Cao Cao Siege.jpg
56 KB, 1024x429
>>48076248
I'd be happy if the Cao Cao suggestions got in at least as far as perks go. The gears would be nice if accepted to some degree, but if not then oh well. If you want I could explain what the wall of suggestions means and what each does in series. Also yay, monkey perk was accepted.
>>
>>48076425
It's late here but I don't expect to be done for a while yet.

I'll check up on the wiki and see if I can fit it in somehow.
>>
>>48076220
It is pretty safe, just don't pick a fight with any fairies.
>>
>>48076338
She is a manipulating bitch, a back stabber and a lying shit. She is a jealousy and petty little shit.
>>
Okay, so doing a Dahak Chronicles jump, wrote up a Drawback, and now I have no idea how many points it should give.

Roll 10d1000+1000. This is the number of years before start of canon that you arrive in this world. All abilities that might be classified as ‘Magic’ are gone, and you cannot take any items that register as magic out of your warehouse.

Your spaceships are unavailable to you, be they the Light, the Sajuuk, or anything in your orbital dockyard.

Now for what you have to do. You have until canon starts, let’s say the twenty-second century, to build your very own Imperium of Man. It must be at least the equal of the Fourth Imperium in resources and manpower.

And with this Imperium, you have to render the Achuultani ‘not a threat’. You may do this by liberating this from their AI master, or you may do it by destroying them, it’s entirely up to you. What matters is that they not be a threat humanity ever again.
>>
>>48076485
I don't have a clue what the Fourth Imperium is, so I couldn't really tell you how to price it.

But any particular reason it specifically blocks magic? I'm guessing the spaceship blocking is to prevent you from using those as a staging ground to set up your imperium?

It sounds like a cool challenge though.

So... what's Dahak Chronicles?
>>
File: _m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif (409 KB, 499x280) Image search: [Google]
_m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif
409 KB, 499x280
>>48073019
I'm not really good at min-maxing perfect combinations of thirteen different perks to conquer Shambhala. As a result, most of my combos are gimmicks that use two or three perks at maximum, or are more generalized things like, "stack all the genetics perks you can and do this cool thing at the place."
I am mostly doomed to obscurity as a result. No one will ever want to copy my goat army.

Which, just for the sake of redundancy, consists of Goat Simulator's "Goat Queen" and Legend of Chima's "Chi". Summon infinite goats, throw the chi in some water, have the goats drink the water, bam. Instant goat army of middling competency.

... actually, while I'm at it, sometimes people ask me, "Aren't those summoned dead in the game?" Well, the jump doesn't say. It says you can summon goat peasants, suitable as shields or sacrifices. I guess the words "peasants" and "sacrifices" imply life?
However, if you're hung up on game mechanics, there are numerous methods of resurrection, and I don't really care if my goat army is filled with abominations.
If you want to imagine I strapped them full of life restoring robot parts using Mother's Chimera Engineering, or used Penny Dreadful's Modern Prometheus in conjunction with Van Helsing's Lightning Is My Art, The Laws Are Mine, and some basic lightning magic, that's fine, too.

I also use goats as replenishing food stock, it's really all the same to me. If they come previved, that just means I have to murder three quarters of them.
>>
File: Moeshit-Storm-3-4-06.jpg (90 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
Moeshit-Storm-3-4-06.jpg
90 KB, 600x839
>>48076644
Anyway, besides goats, I've got my Voot, which is not really anything special. It's the Irken Spittle Runner from Invader Zim, but I combined it with the tech from the Hover Capsule in Mega Man Classic. That and "What Hardpoints?" from Zoids makes it stupidly easy to attach to any larger machine setup. Because if Sonic jump isn't going to let me BUY an Eggmobile? I'll make my own.

Lessie... anything else...?
"Mad Researcher" from FF8 and "Trust Me, I'm A Doctor" from Invader Zim is fun. You can convince people to take part in your horrifically unethical experiments pretty easy.

Oh, and somewhere, I dunno, maybe a year back? I hammered out a ridiculous combo of bio and mechanical technology in a fit of SCIENCE! to create a pair of (potential) Level 6 Espers in Raildex (one biotech, one purely mechanical) that would consume and feed off each other indefinitely to grow in size and power using the megastructure capabilities from Biomega until they inevitably devoured the world.
But I can't remember the exact perks for it.
It's somewhere in the archive, I think.

"Make some world eating monstrosity and then forget how I did it."
Seems like I do that a lot.
>>
>>48076607
It's David Weber's book series, Empire from the Ashes. Dahak Chronicles is the unofficial name.
Basically, an astronaut is abducted in the middle of a mission, by the Moon. Which turns out to be a vast spaceship that was parked there about 50,000 years ago, destroying the original moon. This is a standard method of concealment where the ship comes from.
The reason it abducted the astronaut is that it needed a captain in order to resolve a mutiny that got it stuck here, and as the descendant of the bridge crew, the astronaut became an officer, and as the sole officer, the captain, as soon as he stepped on board.

The ship needs the situation resolved because sensors and probes have gone off in the furthest reaches of the galaxy, which indicates that an omnicidal race of aliens is on the way for their latest 'Great Visit'...

This is about as far as the 'simple' stuff goes.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>48075672
86 Starcraft Zerg
Infested -50
Age 30
Mar Sara
Burrowing, Evolved Carapace 3 -300, Changeling -100, Infestation -200, Spawner -400,
Khaydarin Crystal -100,
Personal Zerg Strain, Zergling(Team Manderville[2 Raptor Devouring Ones], Nekron[3 Swarmling Devouring Ones])-100, Roach(Deadly Decadent Court[Vile Ravager])-50, Hydralisk(Yda & Papalymo[Hunter Killer])-50, Lurker(Senkanko Kappa[Elite Lurker])-50, Impaler(Minamihime[Elite Impaler])-50, Mutalisks(Rhyannon[Elite Mutalisk])-100, Viper(Ruari)-100, Brood Lord(Cloud of Darkness)-50, Ultralisk(Dust Rats[Torrasque Blade Guardian])-150, Queen(Choir of Righteous Fury)-150,
Hybrid +400, Hostile Hive +300, The Sons of Korhal +300,
Infest all my companions with my personal strain(which, thanks to changeling is like some sort of ridiculous ultimate werezerg). Proceed to fly around in a cloaked Light of Terra stealing and scanning Terran tech. Kill the hybrid and the hostile hive. Defeat the Sons of Korhal. Have fun.
Continue
1 Golden Sun
2 Devil Survivor 2
3 Sailor Moon
4 Alan Wake
5 Soma
6 Axe Cop
7 Erfworld
8 Shin Megami Tensei

Overlord Manga/Light Novel queued, Spyro the Dragon in the queue queue.
>>
>>48076693
Golden Sun, I know nothing about this setting. Welp, here I go.
>>
>>48076248
>>48076289
>mr Maxpower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ppe6gMcYCQ

Initial D jump when?
>>
>>48076220
The food is weird.
>>
Would anyone say it's even possible to survive Arrowverse if one took "Jumper of Tomorrow",''It was me Jumper" and ''League of Assassins''? lets say the jumper has both Speedster and Vibe, and his companions got all types of disabling abilities like Kinetic Energy Absorption and whatever else.
Could someone win with these drawbacks? or is it foolish to even think its possible?
>>
>>48076689
Huh, interesting. Considering how much I use moon/planet-ships and such, this would probably be a good jump for me.

>>48076485
I'd probably price your drawback at +600 or something, depending on how high up this 'Fourth Imperium' is.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d8)

>>48076188
Jump 4: Neopets

Background:
>Age 16
>Human
>Drop In

Skills:
>Dailies
>Shop Wizard
>Swordplay
>Page Navigation
>Neopets Premium
>Accelerated Arcanum

Items:
>Blue Ixi Plushie,
>10,000 Neopoints
>Bag of Snowballs
>Novice Arms
>Bag of Motes

Drawbacks:
>Hopelessly Lost
>It’s Just a Carrot

Why do I do this to myself
Oh right, fun, also now I learn magic fast and learned swordfighting faster, which will be useful when I'm not using my magic aim and Anti-Tank Rifle

Onward to the next adventure!

1. Mystery Dungeon
2. X-Men
3. Kids Next Door
4. Sburb
5. Project Freelancer
6. Overlord (manga)
7. One Piece
>>
What's the danger level on Franken Fran? Right now i only did the Two deus ex jumps basically, would it be bad to take the drawback that ties me to the Madaraki sisters? I've read the beginning of the manga some years ago but idk how it escalated in the meantime (they always do)
>>
>>48073014
I take Hats for my collection. I like Hats.

>>48074090
What the actual fuck
>>
>>48076248
Someone suggested earlier that you add a growth perk that puts you on par with Issei/main characters without the Boosted Gear. Is that happening?
>>
What are some gimmick chains you guys have done?
>>
>>48076904
Remember Jumper of Tomorrow gives all your abilities not bought in jump to Vandal Savage. It Was Me Jumper pits you against a powerful speedster, that should you defeat it, another takes its place and is immune to what killed the last one. League of Assassins pits you up against well, the league of assassins. They too eventually get wise to your abilities. It's doable, but I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>48077015
It is not so much dangerous as. . . how do you feel about forced body modification that may leave you as a sentient lump on one of your companion's bodies?

That is the kind of thing that is likly to happen to you.
>>
>>48077323
Always play it as if I'm jumping myself so it's been pretty limited but have done a good run, an evil run and attempted a Nostalgia run where I go from settings I liked best to least.

Good run never got off the ground. Got boring quickly as it was sort of like my main run but with less fun.

Evil run was pretty decent. Lot of good jumps with good villainous backgrounds that I could start with.

Nostalgia run fell apart almost instantly. Can't really mess with the settings you really like if you don't have the firepower to back it up.
>>
>>48073014

I stole the Mirror of Erised.

It still has a philosopher's stone in it that I can't access because I'd use it in a heartbeat, but the mirror itself is a neat curiosity.
>>
>26)Harry Potter
>Pureblood
>Middle Class
>Ravenclaw

>Wit Beyond Measure
>Clean Blooded
>Legilimency
>Occlumency

>Horcurx

>Hairy Snout, Human Heart

>Fellow Mauraders (Half-blood, Ravenclaw, Middle Class, Wit Beyond Measure, Occulmency, Veela Blood, Memory Charm, Muggle Dueling)
>Aradia, Kanaya, Porrim, Terezi, Vriska, Aranea, Feferi, Meenah

>Bully Teacher
>Sonnets of a Sorcerer
>Werewolf

This is going to be an interesting decade. First of all, Dumbledore is going to have to provide me with Wolfsbane potion and set me up in the shrieking shack. I freely admit to being a werewolf, hoping to prove that my kind are trustworthy. Terezi sniffs out Quirrel when he pulls the troll stunt, letting me get credit for catching the dark lord.

Second year, Dolores Umbridge was responsible pushing some anti-werewolf legislation, so Vriska flew out and gave her a fatal case of bad luck. I also took the opportunity to latch on to Lockhart. He was terrified about the whole werewolf thing, but I played on his vanity and convinced him that taking up the cause of lycanthrope rights as a publicity stunt was a good idea. By the end of the year, we solved the mystery of the chamber of secrets on our own, knocked Lockhart out, dragged him down there with us, let Terezi kill the basilisk, then explained to him that we were ok with him taking credit as long as he kept up the werewolf rights thing. He quit the teaching position to come out with his next book, Beheading the Basilisk (starring me as the adorable widdlest werewolf sidekick who always does his best to help his idol Lockhart despite the prejudice he receives from less enlightened wizards.)
>>
>>48077383
Thanks for the answer Manyfist, the drawbacks looked way too volatile to be possible.For a second I almost thought you could theoretically get back your powers from Vandal Savage before the end of the jump since it says you have to reclaim them but doesn't list you needing to reclaim them at a specific point other than "if you don't reclaim them by the end of the 10 years you lose".
thanks though, I knew my lust for cp was gonna get me fucked up if I didn't monitor it
>>
>>48077323
I rolled 1d20x100 for how much CP I got in each jump and couldn't take drawbacks for more.

TFW I roll a 4 in KH.
>>
>>48077459
It was about then that Dumbledore figured out there was something a bit strange about the werewolf student who kept thrawting the dark lord and his eight half-veela friends who all got sorted into Ravenclaw no matter how poor a fit it was for most of them. All he got out of me that I was "special" and that I'd give him the locations of the other hocruxs from Voldemort's biography if he'd stop asking pointless questions.

Year three was quieter, although the dementors thought I was candy and I got some weird looks when my boggard turned into Armisael. Terezi took point on catching Sirius, then Peter when she caught him and realized he was innocent. She let me and Remus (outed as a werewolf) take credit.

Fourth year Vriska was entered as the Hogworts contsestant in the triwizard tournament when, by an absurd series of coincidences, another student accidentally mispelled every letter of their own name as "Victoria Sergeant" There was so much dragon blood.

Without Wormtail, the plot thouroughly derailed from that point, so I spent the rest of my school years working as a spokesmen for werewolf rights, thrawrting the dark lord's back up plans, and watching Vriska obsess about learning to make Felix Felicis. Did you know that the final step in brewing that potion is waving your want in a figure eight? I do, because she hasn't shut up about it for litereally years. She forced me to stock the warehouse up with as many ingrediants as we can aford.

After graduation, I had to start relying on Aradia to keep me frozen in time at night. I got a job as an auror as an excuse to investigate anti-werewolf politicians and frame them for magical crimes, as well as confiscate dark magical lore for later use.
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 779x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 779x1000
>>48077468
Yeah. I didn't want to put a time limit on that, after all Vandal Savage stole your powers. Putting a time limit on it other than the decade you spent there would've made it near impossible.
>>
>>48077015
Unless you want to be shot, experimented on, and/or eaten stay away from those girls.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d8)

>>48076954
Jump 5: X-Men Movies

Background: Age 18, Drop In

Perks: Do I owe you money, A brilliant mind

Powers: Healing Factor

Companions: Put together a team (Marw)

Marw Purchases:

Background: Drop In

Perks: Never trust a beautiful woman

Powers: Healing Factor, Precognition

Death just became a lot easier to avoid.

NEXT

1. Mystery Dungeon
2. God of War
3. Kids Next
Door
4. Sburb
5. Project Freelancer
6.Overlord (Manga)
7. One Piece
>>
>>48074090
>jumper_experiment_gone_wrong.mov
>>
>>48077538
Did they change his original backstory in Arrowverse? because technically at 50,000 BC he was a normal caveman who bathed in the radiation of a mysterious meteorite or something. Maybe the drawback would make it impossible but would it be possible to just kill him when he was nothing but a normal man and thus completely muck up his stealing of my powers?
>>
>>48077597
>Did they change his original backstory in Arrowverse?
In Arrowverse he's just some priest who lived in Egypt in like 4000 B.C., along with Shayera and the Hawk-dude.
They got blamfazzled by a meteorite of some metal (was it Uru? can't remember), and Vandal became undeadable, while the other two started reincarnating every time they died.
Every time he kills them, he gets a little… better, I guess?

It was kind of poorly explained, imo.
>>
>>48077597
>Did they change his original backstory in Arrowverse?
Yes. IMO that's the worst thing they've handled in the CW DC shows; Vandal is just horrible. He's a bit to for the lulz villain, his immortality is tied to the Hawks and he's only been around since ancient Egypt.

Mostly the Arrowverse does good interesting things, but VS is the glaring exception.
>>
>>48075863

*sigh* I know.

A newbie mage can already do fun stuff like unlimited transmutation. Having all the pattern spheres at 2 basically lets you create any material you want.

While there are some limits, such as higher-level organisms for Life and 'exotic' materials like radioactive isotopes for Matter; you can still turn water into apples into gold into water... with just Matter and Life at two.

And Entropy 2...

And that's not even touching individual (or combined) Sphere 5 effects, where you can start creating eight-ball sized black holes and store them in your universe-sized pockets...

But, I'm going to give it a shot anyway. Also, if someone doesn't like my implementation, I'm totally ok with them creating an alternate jump.
>>
>>48077323
Well, I tried to do a Greeed with Plug N Play. The idea was for him to slowly build to something approaching humanity as he integrated more stuff in place of his Core Medals. He died on his second jump in Undertale to character flaws and bad rolls.
>>
>>48077652
Nth Metal. Uru is from Marvel.
>>
>>48077652
>>48077700
They mixed the two Hawk origins together. They explained everything near the end.

The meteor that struck Ancient Egypt was nth metal, from the Thanagarians. Hawkguy & girl reincarnate but also have wings, that can come and go.

It was an interesting take on things. Just I think the problem was that they were only suppose to have like 13 episodes which got extended out to 20. Legends of Tomorrow S2 is going to be dealing with Justice Society.
>>
>27)Scoovy Doo
>Mastermind

>Clue
>Monsters Aren't Real
>Enormous Appetite
>Ventriloquism
>Acting!
>The Rube Goldberg Solution
>Golddigger

>Danger Prone
>I Can't See Without My Glasses
>Scrappy

I was going to ignore all these petty crooks and just conquer South America, but luckily Terezi and Aranea figured out that something strange was going on in Crystal Cove. We pretty quickly tracked down Ricky and put him under an Imperious Curse. With Destroido Corp's resources at our backs, we reassembled the planaspheric disk and the Heart of the Jaguar, killed Pericles, and guided Mystery Inc to the treasure to destroy it.

Once the timeline reset, Harlan Ellison invited us to study under him at Miskatonic University alongside Mystery Inc and help them solve real mysteries. (God, Mystery Incorporated was a weird show.)
>>
>>48075728
plz go ahead
>>
>>48077769
If you're going to make the jump, obviously you have to ban archmastery and cap the spheres at 5, but are you going to cap arete? Is there anything broken about having an arete above 5 besides archmastery?
>>
>>48077769
Just maintain Paradox even after the jump
>>
File: 1411363299251.jpg (88 KB, 738x618) Image search: [Google]
1411363299251.jpg
88 KB, 738x618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpOkSgGeg4k

Are there any jumps that give me decent fighting ability like vid related? Preferably more like hitomi's fighting style. Raw strength/duribility and unquestioned skill.

I don't mind training up to that level. But any jumps that could give me a good head start in this?
>>
>>48078080
Drawbacks fade post-jump.
>>
>>48078163
Well... Dead or Alive jump?

Also, Project Freelancer has Moves Like Monty, which should help with the skill (especially since Dead Fantasy's a Monty Oum thing too).

Aside from those (the kind of obvious ones), really any martial arts jump?
>>
>>48078163
Well, there are a lot. The problem here is picking one. Wuxia, though, is probably a good place to start, I suppose.
>>
>>48078182
It's a downside of the magic system, not a jump-imposed Drawback. So, it could very well stay.
>>
>>48078163
History's Strongest Disciple is good if you are willing to train for it.
>>
>>48078163
Dozens? I wouldn't be super surprised if there where over a hundred.
>>
>>48078260
If the downsides of being a vampire fade post-jump, the downsides of being a Mage should do the same.
>>
>>48078318
Ah yes, Vampires no longer have to spend Vitae on stuff post jump. I had forgotten that bit where they completely removed the costs and problems to using their powers.
>>
>>48078318
Eh, it's not the same:

The inherent weaknesses of being a vampire fade, but not the downsides associated with active abilities.

Paradox is something that you invoke by using an optional magic system.
>>
>>48075618
Uh oh... I am imagining Tim being given access to whatever crazy machinery jumpers bring with them.

The world isn't going to last five minutes after Tim and Jumper meet each other, is it?
>>
>>48078355
>>48078369
You're.

You're not gonna get through to him guys.
>>
>>48078355
That other anon isn't arguing you shouldn't have to spend mana on anything anon. He was talking about how Vampires lose their major weaknesses like sunlight, so too should mages lose paradox.
>>
>>48078080
This, but make it work based on the world you're in. So Harry Potter would have no Paradox unless you were creating food or raising the dead, while Fallout would have Paradox for magic but basically none for "enlightened science" as long as you added enough vacuum tubes and blindly lights.
>>
>28)Generic Magical Girl
>Innocent Newbie

>Aggregate Impact Psychotherapy
>Magical Purification Blast
>Target Analysis
>See The Truth

>Time Limit
>It Never Stops

>Extra Allies
>Terezi(Conspiracy Theorist, Monster Sense, Prophetic Visions)
>Vriska (Conspiracy Theorist, Monster Sense, Nothing to See Here)
>Aranea (Conspiracty Theorist, Monster Sense, Mysterious Stranger)
>Aradia, Kanaya, Porrim, Feferi, Meenah (Conspiracy Theorist, Monster Sense)

10 years of brutal murder for the generic forces of darkness and some very nice looking new outfits for Majykal Scorpio Majoris and Majykal Libra which I appreciate for personal reasons. The monsters weren't really prepared for a team of magical girls (and one boy) who were quite as... efficient as we were.

(Also, I think I got the companions thing right? It sounds like they have their free background, share the 100/200 CP perks I bought, and then I distribute the 300 levels that I didn't buy.)
>>
>>48078373
Eh, don't worry about it. We can find/build other worlds.
>>
>>48078403
Oh, I like that idea. Paradox happens when you defy the consensual reality, so as long as your magic is something the people of that reality would think is possible it shouldn't apply.
>>
>>48078403
No that sounds stupidly unwieldy.
>>
>>48078439
How is it unwieldy? He doesn't have to make rules for those worlds, just say "it works based off of consensual reality in your respective world," and give examples.
>>
>>48078485
Assuming he decides to keep Paradox going, I'd prefer it if he did it like that actually. Keeps with the theme of the setting and how magic actually works.
>>
>>48078396
Mana isn't even a thing in Ascension. Closest thing is Quntessence, which is used for extremely big or lasting effects. It helps you to actually know the least bit about the setting you're discussing.
>>
>>48078396
not in all jumps, in some they have the vampire as alt forms with all the weaknesses (at least in bloodlines if i remember it correctly)
>>
>>48078485
Because that would be super clear for everyone involved? It also requires that everyone would actually know what the consensual reality of that world would be, which may even be something of which different people disagree about. Take 40k then, who's to say which faction has how much impact on it? There are way too many nebulous factors for a great many settings.
>>
>>48078080
That is an awful idea, the paradox itself is a result of the local meta so there is no reason why it would happen outside of the setting.
>>
>>48078403
>>48078485
This is basically the only way I could tolerate a magic system that fucks you in the ass for casting spells.
>>
>>48078564
CCDT recently changed it so you lose those weaknesses.
>>
>>48078577
And willworking is a result of the exact same meta writ large. It's like saying all your spells should be near free post jump in Nasu because you no longer have Gaia's Reality Marble actively fraying it (despite it providing the mechanics by which it works in the first place).
>>
>>48078596
>Tolerating that magic system on any terms.
>Not taking one look at it and saying fuck that shit I'm out.
Really anon?
>>
File: Good bye sakamoto.jpg (250 KB, 728x1059) Image search: [Google]
Good bye sakamoto.jpg
250 KB, 728x1059
You're one day away from the next jump. It's time to say good bye to your friends and those you knew in this Jump.

How you do it? What do you say? Do you have something prepared or you just improvise? Do you even tell them that you will probably not see them again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcuFqdmX0VY
>>
>>48078603
The paradox isn't part of the magic itself but rather a consequence for fucking with the illusion of reality.
>>
Maintaining paradox is a dumb idea for dumb people.
>>
>>48078653
And the way you work the magic is by overruling the local votes on precisely what that reality is.
>>
>>48078260
In that case people will just use conjoined conjures and be done with it.
>>
>>48078622
I just don't tell them I'm going.
>>
>>48078603
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't willworking done by a superpowered piece of a human soul. Whereas paradox is the unconcious god-pieces of everyone else's soul contradicting willworking done by mages? If you moved to another setting, paradox wouldn't be a thing at all.
>>
>>48078622
Just don't tell anyone m8, time freeze when you leave they won't even notice
>>
>>48078700

I also thought this.
>>
>>48078017
With the exception of possibly Time, I think most of the archmastery spheres are... pointless, to put it nicely.

There's not really much of anything at the archmastery level you can't do theoretically do with several spheres at 5. For the most part, you can perform archmastery effects either by using multiple spheres in conjunction or generate more successes. Sure, generating a large enough number of successes is hard, but that's the point.

I won't be supporting archmastery, save maybe something you can have post-spark, if you really want it. Once you have your spark... whatever.

Regarding Arete, it basically just describes your Enlightenment and over-all magical ability.

A mage with Arete 10 would, mechanically, be able to create effects that are twice as 'powerful' as a Mage with 5 Arete, without tapping into external resources. However, given the MtA 20AE rules, willpower is also a limiter to creating magical effects (you roll the lower of Arete and Willpower). As such, a higher Arete won't necessarily help a whole lot in that area.

Where Arete does have a lot of value, its it's ability to shed your attachment to paradigm and/or foci (depending on your edition). Typically, most mages can discard foci for a sphere for each dot of Arete. Later, technomancers were set so that they can't discard foci until they hit 5-6 Arete, at which point they discard foci twice as fast. MtA 20AE raises the minimum threshold for mystic mages to 3 Arete, and state that members of the Technocracy can never drop their paradigm and/or foci.

So, if you want to be able to warp reality at will without the motions and trappings of whatever technological or mystical (or other) tradition you selected, you're going to want a high Arete.
>>
>>48078729
Unless you're planning on returning to every place at the same time after getting your spark, they will probably miss you for a few centuries.

Specially if you plan on keep jumping after it or settle down somewhere. Unless you want to go full Nyarlathotep and live a thousand lives at the same time.
>>
>>48078757
>With the exception of possibly Time
Didn't space give you omnipresence?
>>
Has anybody been working on a Cross Ange jump?
>>
>>48078700
It's using your god soul to take advantage of the consensual nature of reality by overruling everyone else. If reality doesn't run on consensus willworking doesn't either because it's equivalent to shouting over your opponents at a debate.
>>
>>48078798
What is?
>>
>>48078080
Something about keeping Paradox post jump just feels... wrong. I can see Paradox existing in any world where reality actually is consensual (or otherwise created/maintained by will/observation), but otherwise... :/

I'll probably have a small section about how 'magic' works post jump.

Settings with a consensual/observational/flexible reality would have Paradox.
Settings with actual high level/omni-God(s) or other high level Q-like aliens/beings would have something similar to the Scourge (see Mage: Sorcerer's Crusade).
Settings with a 'hard' reality, and no 'omnipotent' beings; reality warping would be relatively string free (from a Paradox stand point).
>>
>>48078798
No, and I would pay good money to keep someone from doing so.
>>
>>48078798
Nope. Were you thinking of making one?
>>
>>48078798
What even is Cross Ange?
>>
>>48078821
>>48078861
Really bad mecha anime. Imagine if Mitsuo Fukuda learned NOTHING from Gundam SEED Destiny, and added a bunch of rape scenes in for good measure. Because that's exactly what it is.
>>
>>48078622
"Alright, the company is now Public, my funds have been donated to various charities, and the party is over. I might see you all later, but for now you should assume I'm either going to die or not bother with this place for a long, long time."
>>
>>48078825
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>48076693
87 Golden Sun
Sana
Scholar -50
Age 38
Proxian -100
Alchemy Knowledge, Willpower -100, Magitechnician -150,
Soul Brand -200, Cleric's Ring -400,
Mess around with the local magitech and alchemy. Go to the bar a lot.
Continue
1 Overlord Manga/Light Novel
2 Devil Survivor 2
3 Sailor Moon
4 Alan Wake
5 Soma
6 Axe Cop
7 Erfworld
8 Shin Megami Tensei

Spyro the Dragon queued
>>
>>48078873
Of all the things Gundam SEED needed, I don't think rape was anywhere on the list.
>>
>>48078825
Thing is Paradox is 90% of what limits actually using magic in Mage. It's effectively equivalent to deciding generic RPG world #287 shouldn't require mana any more post jump because of some bits of fluff. And Scourge is literally Paradox through a different consensus.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>48078893
forgot to roll.
>>
>>48078622
Later Bitches, I'm out.
No seriously, I love you guys
>>
>>48078825
I'd rather just see an across the board no Paradox ruling, but scaling based on local metaphysics can work so long as you define your terms. Explain what Scourge is, what constitutes an X setting, things like that. It adds backend, in terms of notes and the like, but it'll make things easier on yourself if you include a robust notes section.
>>
>>48078933 >>48078893

Erfworld! that's cool. Queue full, queue queue empty.
>>
>>48078622
Tell the few that I trust that I am moving on and then my companions and I quietly disappear.

For the most part after the 3rd jump this was easy anyways as to the public I was just a traveling merchant/food cart owner.
>>
>>48078925
The other thing is that very few jumpers would ever use that magic system as long as the paradox is a thing, if the paradox goes away post jump then they will wait until the jump is over to use that magic system and if it doesn't go away they will say fuck this shit to the entire system.
>>
>>48078924
No, no it wasn't. I've heard that Cross Ange gets better halfway through, but considering that's around when I finally got tired of it and dropped it I can't say for sure. It feels kind of like those claims about how Final Fantasy XIII gets good 25 hours in. Who cares? It's not worth it, if I have to wade through everything that came before it to get to that part.
>>
File: cross ange.png (21 KB, 972x245) Image search: [Google]
cross ange.png
21 KB, 972x245
>>48078861
From a filename thread.
>>
>>48078925
I don't think anyone is arguing for being able to cast magic without mana. People are just against the stupid Cthulu Rapes You clause that Mage wants to invoke.

Neither of the Dragon Age jumps require you to be subject to demonic possession post jump even if you use their magic post jump. Other intrinsic drawbacks fade, ala Vampiric traditional weaknesses, after you leave that jump.

Just keep the mana cost and drop the retarded edge rape Paradox.
>>
>>48078825
It would be nice to see a no paradox route, that whole concept no sells the entire magic system for a lot of jumpers.
>>
>>48078567

Mage 20th AE actually addresses this by acknowledging that different parts of Earth operate under different rules depending on the concentration of belief in an area.

I wouldn't treat WH40K as a consensual reality setting as a whole. There are parts of it that seem consentual, such as the Warp and sites with large Ork presences.

However, if you did want to apply a Paradox/Consensual reality model over the setting, then you could have different pockets of belief, similar to how Orks generate their gestalt reality-warping field.

When you are around Tau, skinning your effects in hypertech would be coincidental. When you were on a planet full of Tzentch cultists, you could easily skin your powers as sorcery to be coincidental.

To a degree, ultimately, jumpers will kinda have to have a good understanding of the worlds they jump into - as well as themselves. Any jumpers who believe in an omni-present being who watches and judges their actions would likely always be suffering from a Paradox or Scourge-like effect.
>>
>>48079012
I'm the kind of asshole who, in my personal chain, says that Dragon Age Magic is even more dangerous in 40k than in Dragon Age. Because honestly? The Fade reminds me of a Calmer Warp.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.