[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ Shadowrun General - Wanted Dead or AI Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1437267450088.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1437267450088.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
…Identity Spoofed
…Encryption Keys Generated
…Connected to Onion Ring Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
…Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Double-Deepweb…

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: >>47921575
*UCAS_Open_Bounty_Board.epub
*How_To_Build_An_Escape_Tunnel_In_Your_Squat.trd
*Covering_Your_Ass.sklchp
*Firewatch_Tempo_Raid_2073.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1075 (7% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Run and hide while you can, chummers. UO is coming."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Anywhere_But_Here.btl...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever blow up downtown Seattle with a nailbomb.
>>
>>47960023

Too fucking right
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2080x3094) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2080x3094
Helleb0re, troll chaser extroardinaire, just tripped up KE's facial recognition after being pronounced dead for a year. Now his lovely corporate daddies at SK know he's alive and are hunting him down. He kills his software that's stealing fractions of nuyen from their accounting department, loses his fancy apartment, and has to move in to the dumpster flat his troll street sammy rents and share a cot with her.

The real question is, does my GM give me dice penalties for permaboner?

the troll sleeps naked
>>
>>47960246
I thought you were harcore gay, Helleb0re.
Sadly as of yet there are no mechanics for boners in SR so I guess it's more of an RP thing.
>>
>>47960333
I'm d0wn2p4rty w/ 3v3ryb0dy thank you very much
>>
Hello lads, I was tasked with designing a technomancer for a friend who doesn't know where to begin. The problem is that I don't either.

What makes for a good Technomancer? High resonance is a given, but how shoud I go about allocating his skillpoints? Also, what traits (aside from codeslinger - hotf) are good picks?
>>
Also, after killing and downloading a fresh chummer 5a, priority and sum to 10 character creation is still fucked.
>>
Forget how to cross-link, but here's a tripfag on >>>/v/ claiming to be a Hairbrained Schemes employee:

>>>/v/342746863

Then again it might be just someone who wants to draw attention to the Steam sale.
>>
>>47960623
Sprite herder
>>
>>47960918

This.

Use sprites for hacking all the time.

Use the techno tricks when needed.
>>
So, basically...

did the people who built the new matrix

basically build it like large cloud server data centers...

in resonance realms?

I mean i understand what the fluff says - i'm a programmer myself - but it seems like abstraction is reversed. The basement is "magic" whereas in previous editions it was hardware.
>>
>>47961023
Only Technomancers can access Resonanc Realms. The Matrix is still based in hardware, it just has wireless access for everything.
>>
>>47961023

My understanding is that the existence of the hardware and the realms and everything involved generated the foundation. It came after.
>>
File: Resonance Realms.jpg (47 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Resonance Realms.jpg
47 KB, 500x500
>>47961023
This>>47961077

Basically computers are magic. People built a structure of actual tech- grids and hosts and whatnot -for the use of the average wageslave and corp. But over time, all that computing power sloshing around the world started to breed strange things like AI and technomancers.
>>
Is a combination of street sam and face possible? A player wants to both play a loli elf dryad face and also not suck at combat.
>>
>>47956396
>Man, rent is only what, five thousand nuyen per month, usually? One job should be enough to cover that. Sounds to me like Mr. Johnson is underpaying you.
Sounds like your runners are either being overpaid, not giving their Fixer his cut, or are working upper-level jobs. 20k is a decent figure for a dangerous run and, after the Fixer takes his cut which he damn well should be doing, split that four ways and you still don't have enough to cover that apartment in Genericville after only a single run.

>>47960023
Pussy.
>>
>>47961704
>Dangerous Run
>20k for the whole group pre-Fixer cut
>decent pay

Are you trogger serious or some sort of dandelion-eating magerun enabler?

Dangerous Run highly implies the utilization of non-reusable ressources (money, gear, w/e) and the possible neceissity to aquire/lose Gear.

4k pp is a sad joke for anything more than a milkrun.

>Pussy
The only thing i agree with.
Frag those whiners.
SR is a Dystopia with rampant violence and corroption, not a Panopticon where every tiny piece of violence gets the full hammer of all law enfocment agencies and corps.
>>47961637
Yes, its totally viable, at least with Cybernetics.
I wont be posting the Charsheet of my Face/Sam Hybrid because you are this cancerous lolifaggot who can't stop attentionwhoring
>>
>>47961848
>4k pp is a sad joke for anything more than a milkrun.
Bonuses are always negotiable, of course.
>>
I'm having a hell of a time understanding Grids.

If my Decker is on a Horizon run and attempting to connect to a Horizon host slaved to a security camera and the Decker connects directly via a data port does he have to hack onto the Horizon grid as well or does directly connecting put him on the Horizon grid already?
>>
>>47961848

Hey. I'm not even playing a loli for this party, but everyone else is. That's one normal human male and 3 lolis.
>>
>>47961937
You know what, I'll even expand upon this. I say that 20k is reasonable for a Dangerous Run because I am thinking about mitigating factors like bonuses, expense accounts, and acquired loot. Now, when I say "Dangerous", I don't mean "go jack this MCT R&D facility". That's a LONG way past "Dangerous Run" territory, in my opinion. That's a "Somebody Isn't Coming Home" run, and should be compensated somewhere in the area of 30-50k per person, plus expenses, bonuses negotiable. Milk runs should be netting the runners a couple grand apiece. Maybe less/none if they happen to get fucked over by the Johnson which they damn well should be at least twice in a campaign.
>>
>>47961637

Two things to remind that player:

1. Being a special snowflake in Shadowrun means it's a lot easier for people to track you down. Passers-by remember distinctive details, and it's easier to narrow down a list of rare metatype suspects too. Idiot players will respond to this with the old "oh so we all have to play bland humans in baggy clothes then" hyperbole. Obviously you don't. But being stylish doesn't mean being outlandish.

2. Most Johnsons will react with incredulity at a pre-pubescent elf strolling into the meet. Some would walk out immediately. At best you can expect them to view this character negatively. This is the last thing you want in a face character.
>b-b-b-b-b-but muh social stats
>b-b-b-b-b-but muh ferromoans

What, your Johnsons don't have high social stats themselves and wear nose filters to meets as standard?
>>
>>47962029

different guy here

>acquired loot

This is where I differ, personally.

The systems involved to actually steal and fence something make it really, really not worth it unless it's a huge thing. And if it's that huge a thing, it better be expensive enough that it's basically a mission reward on its own. (Or, you know, mission objective)

>That's a "Somebody Isn't Coming Home" run
>compensated somewhere in the area of 30-50k per person

Man we have entirely different ideas of character progression curve. Goddamn.
>>
>>47962074
>1. Being a special snowflake in Shadowrun means it's a lot easier for people to track you down. Passers-by remember distinctive details, and it's easier to narrow down a list of rare metatype suspects too. Idiot players will respond to this with the old "oh so we all have to play bland humans in baggy clothes then" hyperbole. Obviously you don't. But being stylish doesn't mean being outlandish.

We have three lolis and one lean bong who refuses to wear anything that isn't 20th century milsurp.
>>
>>47962075
I do count paydata under "acquired loot", for the record. Prototypes don't necessarily have to be big, and your Fixer should be able to fence it for you, or find you someone who can. That's why you have a Fixer in the second goddamn place. First place is for vetting Johnsons, but hey, nobody's perfect.
>>
File: Cyber Police.jpg (95 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
Cyber Police.jpg
95 KB, 500x594
>>47961848
>>47961704
>Pussy

You guys may have missed last thread, when somebody was talking about how one his runners filled a backpack with 20 pounds of explosive and 10 pounds of nails.

And then made 10 of those.

I don't care how dystopian you like your Sixth World, that's going to attract attention.
>>
>>47962124

I don't believe you. It's too retarded to be real.
>>
>>47962124
If they want to pink mohawk, let them pink mohawk.
Your wannabe loli dryad sounds like she should be a spellslinger with a CHA tradition if she wants to not suck at combat. Seeing as how dryads are inherently magical creatures, far as I remember, it would make sense, too.
>>
>>47962173
I didn't miss shit. Hell, I was encouraging the concept. Attracting attention is pretty much the whole point when it comes to IEDs, anyway. Who's saying that the powers automatically figure out to pay attention to YOU?
>>
>>47962173
>not packing a van with 200 pounds of ANFO.
Do you even assassinate, chummer? What better way to kill a target then killing the entire building?
>>
>>47962193

We're playing a game of make-believe, why wouldn't it be real?

>>47962209

She will be awakened, but my bong is the caster in the party, so the dryad is going to be a social adept.
>>
>>47962229
Some people are really uptight about their make-believe here on 4choms, omae.

>social adept
Give her an SMG and tell her to make the bad guys duck.
>>
>>47962252

That's a good idea, I didn't even consider automatics since I was so focused on monofilament whips.
>>
>>47962228
That's not an assassin's weapon, that's a terrorist's weapon. The whole point of 10 nailbombs that size is to spread shrapnel in a huge crowd, or maybe multiple crowds. Someone is going to get pissed, if only because you're scaring the customers and devaluing the brand.

>>47962226
Nothing says it happens automatically. But it's pretty damn likely that someone noticed who bought 200 pounds of explosive right before a mass bombing, or who was planting bags in the crowd.
>>
File: Temp.jpg (59 KB, 584x725) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
59 KB, 584x725
>>47957165

4chan is educational!
>>
>>47962331
Terrorism, assassinations, same thing. who cares about collateral damage?
>>
>>47962331
>But it's pretty damn likely that someone noticed who bought 200 pounds of explosive right before a mass bombing
Sure. That's why you get a supplier with a reputation for not ratting out his clientele, or make your own bang.

>or who was planting bags in the crowd.
Disguises and sensor hacking. Large-scale urban bombings in Shadowrun are a team effort.
>>
>>47962226
good plans for getting away with crime do not usually involve giving more people a reason to want you dead or in jail forever
>>
>>47962229
>We're playing a game of make-believe, why wouldn't it be real?

Because it's retarded.

No, I don't mean impossible. I mean stupid and lame. It's not even good as pink mohawk. It's just stupid. Too stupid to be believable.

I guess it's more believable if you are playing online with ledditors or some shit. I could picture a DM scraping together one sucker and three lolicon That Guys for a shitty game. Glad it's not me running that game, that's all I can say.
>>
>>47962173
I read it.
Yes, it will get a fuckton of attention.
Yes, the runners better make sure not to appear on any cam or leave any traceable evidence.

No, this won't get Ares and its buddies to hunt them to kingdom come.
Shadowrun is Shadowrun, as long as they don't frag some high-profile Corp-Exe or family of his, they have not much to fear, provided they didn't act super stupid.
Implying anything else screws the whole background of shadowrun over.
You can have this, yes, but then you aren't playing shadowrun in the prewritten canon anymore, but Spygames or w/e.
>>
>>47962381
See >>47962369. Sure, the public-at-large is going to be screaming for the head of the Seattle 'Sploder.

Figuring out who exactly the Seattle 'Sploder is isn't going to be an overnight job.
>>
>>47962391
>I guess it's more believable if you are playing online with ledditors or some shit. I could picture a DM scraping together one sucker and three lolicon That Guys for a shitty game. Glad it's not me running that game, that's all I can say.

Oh no, you misunderstand. I'm a lolicon too, I'm just not playing a loli in this instance.
>>
>>47962391
>comes to 4chan
>is surprised/disgusted by lolicons

How dare you accuse anyone of being from Reddit? How goddamn dare you.
>>
>>47962075
Your idea of character progression basically boils down to "everybody except mages/adepts is fucked".
Or is a normal karma payout for a non-milkrun in the lower single digit numbers to?
>>
>>47962448
You misunderstood him, or you misreplied and meant to reply to me. His idea of charprog is that they should be getting paid MORE.
>>
>>47962443
You can be a lolicon and still not insert it into every fucking instance of freetime.

Most of the pedos (and normies, for the record) i know have the decency to not insert their sexual preferences into leisure activities.

I don't care what you fap/shlick to, but don't shove it into everybodys face.
Thats tumblerina/tranny tier.
>>
>>47962464

Okay, to whomever i am and was replying:

To little moniez, no character progresion for non-awakened characters.

The "everybody lives in the gutter and has to work themselves out with scrap pay" scenario is only funny if absolutely nobody is playing an awakend charakter.
>>
>>47962536
>Most of the pedos (and normies, for the record) i know have the decency to not insert their sexual preferences into leisure activities.

I mostly don't give a fuck, and neither does anyone else I know. And besides, every single player is a lolicon. Even the GM righteously loves little girls.

Isn't being upset for something that doesn't concern you in any way the tumblr tier here?
>>
>>47962536
>don't shove it into everybodys face
They aren't. They're playing a game among friends. The only one shoving anything into anyone's face here is you, with your ranting about how guy shouldn't like thing.
>>
>>47962683
It concerns me insofar as there is a turboanoying lolifag here, that inserts his shit into every other post he mades, be it fitting or (most often) not.
So, that ball lies in your field, faggot.
>>
>>47962566
Do you play 5e?
>>
Wait, Anthony, is that you? How are you not in federal prison?
>>
>>47962736

So you just like to get upset over nothing. Hi, tumblr.
>>
>>47962732
read
>>47962736
>>
>>47962772
Degenerate plz, just go.
>>
So, while we're on the subject of nailbombs, kinda looks like IEDs are pretty shit.

Per Arsenal,
4 sticks of dynamite with nails in them costs you ~50 nuyen to make, if you make the explosive from scratch and can get the nails/scrap metal for free, and it does 3P.A cmmercially available frag grenade does four times as much damage and is cheaper.
>>
>>47962779
I did read it and, as far as I can tell, the only one here who thinks he's "turboanoying" (faggot word btw) is you.

>>47962799
>Degenerate

Ah. I should have guessed.
>>
>>47962853
Car bombs are better.
>>
File: hachismughi3.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hachismughi3.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>47962799
No.
>>
>>47961947

how do i grids
>>
>>47962853
Thats 4E, isn't it?
>>
>>47962982
Arsenal is a 4e book so yes.
>>
>>47962853
>it does 3P
Plus any net hits. Stack dat Demo skill and use liberal amounts of Edge.

Besides, I think IED rules were designed with bigger targets in mind. Yeah, dynamite isn't as good as your average commercial frag grenade, but those grenades are being packed with better explosive compounds than TNT, plus have the benefit of mass manufacturing, which would lower the cost of manufacture.

Thinking about it seriously, yeesh, 35 funbux for a frag grenade?
>>
File: Not How It Works.jpg (20 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Not How It Works.jpg
20 KB, 500x500
>>47962392
>Shadowrun is Shadowrun, as long as they don't frag some high-profile Corp-Exe or family of his, they have not much to fear, provided they didn't act super stupid.
>Implying anything else screws the whole background of shadowrun over.

No it doesn't. Shadowrun isn't total grimdark dystopia, where people shrug off mass slaughter in public. The Technomancer slaughter in Las Vegas, the tempo violence and crackdown, Bogota and the Yucatan, even the Shotozumi massacre made waves in certain circles. The Sixth World obviously weights stuff like the lives of executives more highly, but information is shared freely enough, and general moral fibre is maintained enough, that saying that killing hundreds of innocent people with huge bombs in the middle of a city won't draw enormous heat and a very public manhunt is retarded beyond belief. Even in the most grimderp Warhammer books, someone slaughtering a hive is going to be hunted by Arbites.

"Blowing up something in a populated area" and "killing innocents" are both straight examples from the book for raising your Public Awareness and Notoriety.
>>
>>47963288
One, Public Awareness should only go up if they find out it was BigDick the Rigger who planted the bomb in question. I think you missed the part of >>47962392's post that said:

>provided they didn't act super stupid
Super stupid, as in, walking into a bar and going "Hey, barbitch? Who has two thumbs and just bombed Seattle?"
>>
>All this lolidrama

Jeez, guys, I thought we had finally established a cease-fire.
>>
>>47963340
It's just one guy.

I find drama fun, anyway, so it's whatever for me, man.
>>
>>47963108
Its a bit more BOOOOM in fifth.

Damage Value is
(square root of used kilo) X (Hits on a Demolition+Logic Test + effective rating).

So, lets assume 4 Kilo of Ammonium Nitrate (Availability 5, legal, 80 Nuyen per Kilo), a competent Demoliton Expert with 12 Dice who buys hits, we have:

DV= sqr4 x (3+4) = DV 14 for some easiyl aquirable shit.

Commercial plastic and foam explosives have a rating range from 6 to 25 and cost ratingx100 Nuyen.

So, even low quality explosives can get to pretty high DVs, especially when you combine high Logic/Demolition with Edge.

I actually think i want to play an explosives guy now.
>>
File: The Most Accurate GIF.gif (2 MB, 226x169) Image search: [Google]
The Most Accurate GIF.gif
2 MB, 226x169
>>47963340
No, not really. I got tired of giving (you)s to a wannabe deviant and his obviously made up stories about how he plays lolis all the time, how every post he makes is 'and give them Neoteny", etc. So I ignored it, so did other people, and he seemed to die without attention, restricting the shitposting to only a couple times a thread as opposed to constantly.

Obviously someone else's patience ran out before mine.
>>
>>47963207
It's really the fact that commercial frag and HE grenades are really good. It's pretty hard to brew up something as good as what you can buy in the store.
>>
>>47963338
I didn't miss that.

Blowing up nailbombs in a crowd and expecting to get away with it just because you don't wear an AR sign that says 'Tacoma Terrorist' is the textbook definition of being super stupid.
>>
If I shitpost about drakes, will that counter the loli shitposting or just make things worse?
>>
File: Drake Priority.png (54 KB, 636x397) Image search: [Google]
Drake Priority.png
54 KB, 636x397
>>47963479
Is about how you want to fuck drakes, and everyone should be a drake? Probably make things work.

If you want to post about how they're terrible and how you'd fix them, that's fine.
>>
>>47963479
+ It's not about lolis
+ It is fairly current so lots of posters

- shitposting
- loli drakes
- It is fairly current so lots of posters
>>
>>47963505
Er, 'worse', not 'work'.
>>
>>47963505

Well I mean, I do want to fuck drakes. Also dragons. But I don't think everyone should be a drake, because that means less attention from senpai, who will someday notice me.
>>
>>47963394

4 kilos is 8 pounds, pretty hefty for a grenade.

Also a 5e frag is 18P and 100 nuyen, still.
>>
>>47963550

Grenade has Fragmentation Parts that are the source for a lot of its damage, not the explosives themselves.
Sadly, there are no rules to cook something like this up yourself.
>>
does the piloting using ar/vr handling limit increase stack with the control rig handling limit increase
>>
>>47963467
Okay. Let's play a game. Say Meaty the Main Monster plants a big-ass bomb under the Tacoma Dome and sets it off on game-day. Millions dead. First thing cops will do is check the sensors. If Meaty did his job right, he won't be on them. But let's say he is. Meaty might have been smart beforehand and asked Smarty the Smart Shaman to cast Physical Mask on him. So, yes, the sensors picked up Meaty, he's on camera, but who's on camera ain't Meaty, know what I'm sayin'?

Still, these pigs have taxpayers to answer to, so after running into the dead-end of the guy who has never appeared anywhere else before bombing a building, they start checking prints and using their magecops to check the astral for spell signatures. Maybe Meaty has cyberhands and Smarty scrubbed the astral after casting, because he's a smarty. What do the cops do, now? They send the bomb remains to their crimelab. They want to check the fragments for signatures just like the FBI does with IEDs recovered by the US military. But what if Meaty hasn't made or used a bomb like this before? Now they have literally nothing to work with besides the materials, so they figure out who manufactured the materials and start working the human element down the chain. Manufacterer sold kerplosives to Mr. X, who sold them to Mrs. Q, who let them fall out of the back of a shipping freighter so Monsieur F could pick them out of the water and sell them to the guy who sold them to Meaty.

Maybe, eventually, the cops will figure out who the Dome Demolisher really was. And when they do, they're going to come down on his ass harder than a twink in a gay bar on Bear Night.

But they're not going to find out about him tomorrow. And in a week, Meaty should have disappeared. I'd pick Asamando, myself. ghouls are nice enough if they aren't hungry.
>>
File: sznow02.jpg (265 KB, 1098x1920) Image search: [Google]
sznow02.jpg
265 KB, 1098x1920
>>47963515
>loli drakes

Oh boy. You sure opened up a can a wyrms there.
>>
>>47963467
Nobody claimed that this is the only precaution.
Besides, if the Feds want a culprit, they can get a culprit.

Making THE MAN pay for the used bangboombang by shilling out shekels as the reward for one fragged Terrorist would be the icing on the cake.
>>
>>47963674
Something seems off about that art. I can't tell what, something different between the armour and the flesh.

It's a neat design, but it makes my eyes twig a bit.
>>
>>47963730
Spine is bent in a stupid way.
>>
File: Temp.png (221 KB, 668x606) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
221 KB, 668x606
>>47963674
>>47963515

>loli drakes

I seriously wanted to do this as a Gnome/Oriental Drake so I could be a Tiny Kung-Fu master, but Drakes are such a gigantic karma drain for so little benefit I couldn't make it functional.
>>
>>47962362
>Terrorism, assassinations, same thing. who cares about collateral damage?
An assassin that wants to have more than one job in his lifetime.
>>
So, how do YOU deal with spirit security in 4e?

My idea is to use an Enthralling Performance and make it not notice us.
>>
>>47963777

I think that would be a pretty fun concept. And doesn't it work kinda ok in karmagen? Being able to fly (at a rate much better than a Levitation spell) seems like a useful power.
>>
File: Lu-tze.jpg (30 KB, 448x466) Image search: [Google]
Lu-tze.jpg
30 KB, 448x466
>>47963777
You could just play an Asian. 5'6" men, 5'1" women. A standard deviation makes them plenty short.
>>
>>47963857
You ain't nearly flashy enough, chummer!
>>
>>47963912
I liked the Haven Lily for 2d's storytime.

Relies heavily on GM interpretation of what background counts mean to spirits, but fuck if it wasn't hilariously inventive.
>>
>>47963949
>for
*from, natch
>>
>>47963912
1. Timing
2. Special aura-cloaking clothing
3. Subduing the Spirit's linked Magician, so when we take out the Spirit, there's nobody to raise the alarm
>>
File: ratqueens14_laughingdragon.png (408 KB, 800x314) Image search: [Google]
ratqueens14_laughingdragon.png
408 KB, 800x314
>Some people actually think that performing what amounts to a massacre or a terror attack shouldn't have consequences in Shadowrun
>>
>>47964043
Literally nobody has said this.
>>
>>47964052
Have seen people argue that a successful dice roll means they get away clean with detonating a nuke downtown.
>>
>>47963629
please respond
also would the +2 that reakt gives to defense tests apply to a jumped in rigger aswell
>>
>>47963668

What do you think happens when the cops realise the person who bought the explosives from Monsieur F used a fake ID and a fake face for the transaction? Or if they can't prove the connection between Mrs. Q and Monsieur F?

Trying to find a certain someone whose face is unkown and whose name you don't know in a city with millions of inhabitants is pretty hard, you know.
>>
>>47964309
I know. That's my entire point.
>>
>>47964320

Oh. I thought you were saying that it's possible to track down someone who's actually smart.

Never mind then.
>>
>>47964241
Some people are dumb. However, your imaginary person was not a part of this thread or the argument in the previous thread which started this one.
>>
>>47964343
I am. The two points are not mutually exclusive. There are very, very smart people working for the law, too.

I'm just saying that tracking someone down takes time.
>>
>>47964366

Oh, well then you'd be wrong, because it can be impossible to track someone down.
>>
>>47964389
Nothing's impossible, anon.

>summon Great Form Guardian Spirit
>open planar gateway
>metaplanar journey
>ask spirit of Ultra-Guidance "where is the guy who blew up the Tacoma Dome"

It's a last-resort option when everything else has failed, sure enough. It also will probably only get you his current location, so if he jumps ship tomorrow the hunt continues.

Nothing is impossible.
>>
>>47964439

Smarty Mc. Smartpants the Smart Shaman contacted a Great Anarchist Spirit to hide Meaty the Main Monster's tracks from the spirit of Ultra-Guidance.
>>
>>47964389

Not remotely?

Deep Resonance Searches
Metaplanar Quests

Those two are main ones if someone is willing to really push through a hell of a lot of work to find stuff if other trails run cold.
>>
>>47964309
>Trying to find a certain someone whose face is unkown and whose name you don't know in a city with millions of inhabitants is pretty hard, you know.
It is, but not impossible. They did it after Boston.
>>
I think part of the issue is that a bombing like this (and getting away with it) is the meat of a run in and of itself.

The OP's group was thinking of setting off their giant nailbombs as a distraction for a robbery.

It's like stabbing a man to distract from tax evasion.
>>
>>47964530

How do you link a person to whatever comes up in deep resonance? You don't have enough information about the perpetrator to filter anything.

And I'm pretty sure you can take steps to shield you from metaplanar shit.
>>
>>47960701
Define fucked. Are you using the nightlies?
>>47963629
Yes.
>>
>>47963479
Serious question, why do people want to play drakes anyway? Considering how every dragon's immediately going to want you on his court or he'll kill you, you immediately take the spotlight away from everyone and make the campaign about yourself. Makes it a bit difficult to do anything but solo games.
>>
So newfag to the game and I'm curious about some of the different meta species like the Naga. Have any of you anons ever played as one or had a party member be one? Was the character a help or hindrance most of the time and finally did you or the DM rule that they have arms.
>>
>>47964848
>Define fucked. Are you using the nightlies?

I talked with (you) earlier about it, if I try to make a character with either priority or sum to ten, it crashes.

The version is 5.181.
>>
>>47964885
Turning into a dragon is neat.
>>
>>47964485
Now you're getting it. Measures and countermeasures.

Welcome to the arms race.
>>
>>47964557
>The OP's group was thinking of setting off their giant nailbombs as a distraction for a robbery.
That was me who suggested that idea. Anon's group just had a guy who made some bombs.
>>
File: Shadow of the Colossus.gif (1022 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
Shadow of the Colossus.gif
1022 KB, 244x250
>>47965105
I don't think you can have an arms race when one side is a multinational entity that can make up it's own laws and has tens of thousands of employees (or is a nation with millions of citizens) and has an economy measured in billions of dollars, and the other side is ~4 schmucks of reasonable skill with limited experience at committing professional crime.
>>
>>47965211
It's always easier to defend something than it is to attack. Likewise, it's easier to hide than it is to seek.

>when one side is a multinational entity
This isn't always an advantage. You haven't paid attention to the fluff.
>>
Who is your favorite totem/mentor spirit?
>>
>>47965211

That's why you go to the Great Anarchist Spirit. Small man fighting to topple over the big evil corporation... They love that stuff.
>>
File: Boar Mentor Spirit.png (205 KB, 371x378) Image search: [Google]
Boar Mentor Spirit.png
205 KB, 371x378
>>47965366
>This isn't always an advantage. You haven't paid attention to the fluff.

Not always. But in terms of the raw resources you can bring to bear to locate someone, both internally and externally, it's a tremendous advantage. And while another group might want to fuck with you for the sake of fucking with you, nobody is going to stretch too far to protect a terrorist with no affiliation to them.

You're the one who does not pay attention to the fluff if you think that a runner is anything but a small fish in a very big pond, with a lot of sharks.

>>47965380
Boar. I'm thinking about making a spirit-caller just so I can play some ornery old bastard settled in his ways, still driving the same truck his Da left him back in '22, shoots with the same old Winchester, and goes down to the park every Friday to sit on his bench and feed his birds.
>>
>>47965380
Fuck off, tripshit.
>>
>>47965467
>if you think that a runner is anything but a small fish in a very big pond, with a lot of sharks.
I never once said that, and would appreciate you not putting words into my mouth.
>>
>>47964928
DM'd for a naga mage, they carried the fuck out of the party. He just tried to sit in the back most of the time so it didn't cause many issues.
>>
File: A-Aha-Ahaha.gif (214 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
A-Aha-Ahaha.gif
214 KB, 500x240
>>47965511
You're the one who said I didn't understand the fluff, but made no real point beyond that. If you can't make an argument, I'll assume you would use the worst argument, because you've given no impression that you have the brains for something better.
>>
Has anything ever been said about being trans in the Sixth World? Are there 'ware for new genitals?
>>
File: Duck and Cover.png (81 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
Duck and Cover.png
81 KB, 300x232
>>47965587
CF 73, 136
>>
>>47965560
>>47963668 was my argument. Yes, you can get away with bombing a high-profile target. Yes, they will look for you. Yes, you can make it hard for them even though they have ridiculous amounts of resources.

What are we even arguing about?
>>
>>47965587
Nope. Never. Certainly not in any of the books.
>>
>>47965640

Thanks, anon!
>>
>>47960023
sup /srg/ what combat drug organized crime gang members would likely be carrying?
Or are combat drugs super rare and no one would likely be carrying them?
>>
>>47966433
Any of them. More likely to carry X if said syndicate has a significant X trade.
>>
>>47966465
I'm gonna use kamikaze then, for no reason other then the fact that I have the stats for it already written down on my notes
>>
>>47966492
I hope you've prepared yourself to tank the aftereffects. Kamikaze's some hard shit.
>>
>>47966433
Cram's cheap, gets you high, lasts all day, and being a tweaker actually gives you more intiative in SR.

Plenty of street drugs will have a few people on hand strung out on the stuff.
>>
>>47965704

Really?
>>
>>47966652
Would I lie to you, anon?
>>
>shiawase blazer
>SA/BF/FA
>ammo 4

how would the rules work for firing this flamethrower in full auto?
5e edition
>>
>>47965560
>I'll assume you would use the worst argument
Time to settle down there, matey.
>>
>>47966858
> ammo 4
You only get 4 shots out of it, and use the not enough bullets sidebar rules in core.
>>
>>47966858
>>47967458

R&G has special rules for firing multiple shots with the flamethrower
>>
File: The_stampede.jpg (564 KB, 1600x2133) Image search: [Google]
The_stampede.jpg
564 KB, 1600x2133
stat me
>>
File: mydadcouldbeatupyourdad.jpg (53 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
mydadcouldbeatupyourdad.jpg
53 KB, 300x400
Helleb0re is a bastard and his corporate momther is canonically a huge slut but my GM still won't confirm that Lofwyr is my daddy :C
>>
>come up with a new character
>they're another fucking shaman

I have a problem, /srg/. And normally I hate magic, but Shadowrun is somehow different because fuck me, I guess.
>>
Hey are there any shadowrun books besides game books? Kinda want to run a game but want to get the feel right, also for my own entertainment of course. A precursory search just gives me game books
>>
>>47967825
"Never Deal With A Dragon" was supposedly good. I've never read the fiction so I can't speak for it personally.
There are a bunch of massmarket paperbacks, similarly to how Vampire did the clan novel saga and Demon the Fallen had a fiction trilogy.
>>
>>47967816
>they're
Does your shaman have a split personality?
>>
>>47967854

They is a gender neutral pronoun, anon.
>>
>>47967885
It would be more interesting if your shaman had a split personality.
>>
How would you guys build a wandering swordsman straight out of the trid?

See, I'm think that making the swiftest blade would be something pretty cool, right? However, playing a edgemonkey sounds like it'd be good for a ronin.

Have you guys done the same? How has it worked out?
>>
>>47967850
"never read the fiction", he says, about a role-playing game in a fictional setting.
>>
>tfw I'm the guy whose runner made all those nailbombs.

Oh boy.

By the way, are there just no options for all the extra explosive stuff in Run & Gun on Chum5? I wanna give the Corp-Sec EOD teams a hell of a time with all those counter disarm measures. Like a paint grenade or something.
>>
>>47968454
Mr. Shadowrunner, I think the question on all our minds right now is 'Why'? Why build so many enormous nailbombs?
>>
>>47968431
The fiction writing, as opposed to the ruleset. This is a common distinction in roleplaying, anon, referring to narrative fiction as "fiction" to distinguish it from the main publishing line.
>>
>>47968454
I can assure you that an EOD team will take their time, and every precaution, for anything that they get called to, even if it has not an ounce of explosive material inside it when they open it. You could make a very scary looking device, place it somewhere, use a throwaway commlink to call it in, and they will react as if it is 100% real, because they can't afford not to.
>>
>>47968558
While I am not the anon that is making the bombs I am aware of his intentions (I'm his GM)
My last campaign was mirror shades so this time I'm running a Mohawk campaign

In response he made the Joker, every conversation has eventually turned to "Hey GM, look at all the 5E explosives research I've done"
>>
>>47968632
I'm putting that down as 'because I can', then.
>>
How the hell do I get players to give something with more than one die a try? Why is Shadowrun apparently so much harder than D&D?

Save me, /srg/, what the fuck do I need to do to convince people you can roll dice other than a d20?
>>
>>47968724
Savage beatings?

Shadowrun is legitimately complicated, but it's not really the dice-pool system that does it.
>>
File: 1455791607269.jpg (435 KB, 2100x1168) Image search: [Google]
1455791607269.jpg
435 KB, 2100x1168
>>47968763
And yet it's the dice pool system that players keep citing for why they don't like it. Not anything else- they love the magic rules and actually understand the matrix rules (???), but they can't deal with a dice pool.

I'm never gonna be able to get a Shadowrun game, am I?
>>
>>47968793
How is the dice pool the issue, you just need a lot of d6s
D&D uses 5 different dice (4, 6, 8, 10, 20)
If they understand the rules then they have already done the hard work
>>
>>47968558
Well, originally speaking I was going to use the nailbombs as distraction. Eventually I did up enough research and found out that I could reasonable use them as trip mines. Now I just sorta started making a ton of bombs with as much explosives and nails and gasoline as I could...

... Now it's lead into me being a mad bomber. Also my DM knows what I'm doing as stated here >>47968632 Dunno what I should do now. Which is why I'm asking around.
>>
>>47968825
We play through roll20, so "a lot of d6es" isn't even an issue.

I have literally no idea why this is such a problem for these people.
>>
>>47968847
See if they will run a single session "just to try it"
if they won't even do that much then I doubt they will put the effort into making a campaign of Shadowrun fun for you and themselves
>>
>>47968876
I did, with about half of the people here. And it crashed and burned badly. I was hoping the new blood would help.
>>
>>47968882
Should clarify. I ditched the problem players, too.
>>
>make decker biker character obssessed with japanese noise music
>make a playlist for immersion to play when I'm on my bike
>DM hates it

Aw man I spent a day picking this out for nothing.

Well anons I bestow upon you some noise.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNoRO36DL55QveB5iaQTymUCtAInrruvG
>>
>>47968828

I see, I see. Well, there you have it, viewers. A madman, driven on to perpetrate acts of terror, simply because he can. A mad bomber satisfied only by destruction, without any motive other than to destroy.

It truly cannot be contested that Shadowrunners are a depraved, villainous lot. Thank you for joining us here ARES News Network for this exclusive interview broadcast. We encourage you to be safe, watch your back, and invest in personal defense for you and your family. Ares Arms, there to protect YOU.

[Thanks for the scoop, kid. Here's 500 nuyen, go buy something nice]
>>
>>47965007
Nightly or standard?
>>
>>47969025
I got it off github, link said 'latest version'.
>>
>>47969030
Give this a crack: https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/download/Nightly-v5.181.35/Chummer.Nightly.zip
>>
>>47969035
Will do
>>
>>47969035
Yeah, that one works.
>>
>>47969052
I'll be promoting a new version in the next few hours anyway, glad to hear that fixed it.
>>
File: 1357963790285.jpg (82 KB, 493x703) Image search: [Google]
1357963790285.jpg
82 KB, 493x703
>>47969081
Yeah I'll say it's a bit easier when you don't have to ask for a friend to send a saved character file with the priorities you want to work on some character.
>>
I was just thinking about Technomancers and Smartguns in 5e. Would a Technomancer need some kind of visual device with a smartlink or could they just percieve the information of the smartgun via resonance?
If so, do they get the +1 or the +2 bonus? The rules state that you only get +2 if you use a smartlink in something you paid with essence.
Since you don't use a physical smartlink McGuffin do you only get the +1 even though the image link just as direct as with, say, a cybereye?
>>
File: Kiyoshi.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kiyoshi.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47968211
>How has it worked out?
Eh. 26 dice for attack when roided out and edging, and pretty much untouchable in melee.
>>
>>47968825
>D&D uses 5 different dice (4, 6, 8, 10, 20)
6, you forgot the d12.
>>
>>47969505
What if people shoot him?
>>
>>47969546
Ranged defense is 14 naturally, before applying modifiers for movement, flashbangs, smoke, cover, or being attacked by a speed-demon with a really long fuckin' sword.
>>
>>47969567
Full defense, I meant. Normal is 10 before modifiers.
>>
>>47963550
One advantage is that the ammonium nitrate isn't even restricted. Heavier and more awkward to use as a weapon, but it'll blow a hole in something just fine and will be harder to trace back to your fake SIN.
>>
>>47966433
Pay a little more and get pharma grade drug, it's easier not to get addicted/crash is less severe.

Pay a lot more for designer grade drug, and on top of that you can risk mixing it with a second (designer-grade) drug without too much risk.
>>
>>47969580
You have to add stuff to ammonium nitrate, namely diesel fuel. Combine the two, and you get ANFO (ammonium nitrate fuel oil), a low explosive that, if you buy it and not make it yourself, works much better.
>>
Sup, /srg/, 5e question here.

How would I go about acquiring a spirit buddy for my otherwise mundane private eye?
>>
>>47969864
Yeah, I know. There are even better additives than diesel that can be used. Hell, you can even (relatively) easily mix a couple of compounds that will be graded as high explosives, but you'll need blasting caps to actually detonate those.

My point is any half-competent chemist can cook up something that goes nicely boom from off-the-shelves component if you don't want to leave any trail. Won't be as portable nor as powerful as a satchel charge of military grade plastic, but yeah. Gotta get your hands on that, and it's the kind of sensitive materiel that rises a lot of questions.
>>
>>47969877
Calling ritual, be generous to the spirit and RP till the GM says its your budddy.
>>
>>47969937

Street Grimoire, right? Thanks.

Isn't there any other way? Say, couldn't I pick a Free Spirit contact or something?
>>
>>47969973
Sure, but it depends on your GM how much you can use a contact as a "buddy".
>>
>>47969995

Thanks. I'll have a talk with my GM then.
>>
do reaction enhancers stack with jazz
>>
>>47970103
Drugs stack with everything.
>>
>>47964885

1. It's not my fault the writers didn't have the intelligence/stones to do anything new with drakes to get away from that
2. Being on a dragon's court would be awesome
3. Every other game that I hear about ITT involves 100% special snowflake neotenous SURGE metavariant monstrosities, and I realize that's selection bias because people are just reporting the absurd more often because it's absurd, but it does demonstrate that not every runner team would be disrupted by a drake.
4. Everything about drakes makes me squee.
>>
>>47970122
would I be fine using reaction enhancers, synaptic acceleration and jazz for initiative or would I eventually want some synaptic boosters
>>
File: Go-Gang Motard.png (382 KB, 786x507) Image search: [Google]
Go-Gang Motard.png
382 KB, 786x507
>>47968933
Not bad, anon. Shame about the DM, but there's nothing that says you can't get a single earbud in during sessions and quietly pump up the jam.
>>
>>47970143
That's not games you're hearing about.
>>
I'm new to Shadowrun and I'm creating a character in 5e.
How many dice should I aim for my primary role, and how much for a secondary role?
>>
File: 1440622519307.jpg (886 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
1440622519307.jpg
886 KB, 850x1100
>>47970303
Depends on the min-maxiness of the table, but generally 12 is a good base for primary and secondary is 8-10.
>>
>>47970303
Check with your group what the general optimization level is, there's no universal answer.

As a rule of thumb, 12 dice for a skill you're going to rely on is good.
>>
So one of my players is taking melee and would like to take a combat axe and wants to mod it like a good runner should. We all know that R&G and HT has plenty for the gun nuts, but there doesn't seem to be much love for getting close and personal (for not using a shotty, at least) in them.

So is there something I missed in those books that have melee modifications? Is there some vague wording that says gun mod can work for melee? Or is there a book/books that have this?

The guy has a really cool idea with the axe, and I'd love to see him use it instead of telling him 'just get the claymore.'
>>
What's the most miserable any of your runners have been?

To start, here we have my decker, knocked out of a fight just after ordering her agent to brick smart guns in the area. She woke up in a dumpster with a massive headache, a bricked deck, and police sirens all over.

Took half a mag of ex ex, a hit of kami, and a stim patch to get out to a safe house, and the rest of her nuyen.

And here's the kicker. She had to sell her bike to a mechanic in Eastonville to even stay, and this was in the trunk of a car.

With no bike, no food, no drink, no matrix connection, and no respirator, she had to trek through Puyallup for six days on foot, all without time or place to rest off the massive splintering headache that came down from the drug crashes.
>>
>>47970420
Gun mods that have nothing to do with firearms (Personalized Grip, for instance) can be used on melee weapons.
>>
>>47970303
Aim for 12-20 dice, depending on spec. Combat should be higher, tech stuff and magic can be lower.

You should be hitting 12(14) at the bare minimum in your primary skill.
>>
>>47970154
Bioware reaction enhancement does not stack with anything except drugs. Even if you have 2 different forms of bioware-based reaction enhancement they won't stack with each other.
>>
So guys, what's the best GM you've ever had?

Someone who immersed you in the story completely?
>>
>>47970154
>>47971014
sorta true. synaptic boosters dont stack with anything else, synaptic accelerator does (and isnt bioware anyway)

however, since the accelerator is a genemod, you're stuck with the essence loss even if you replace it with other stuff, so "upgrading" to a synaptic booster is slightly less feasible than it would be otherwise

jazz + reaction enhancers + synaptic accelerator is plenty for nearly every situation though. 3 extra initiative dice is as good as anyone gets without mixing drugs and augs or a force 8 increased reflexes spell. if you somehow get the 200k+ for a synaptic booster (odds are you never will), throw it into a cerebellum booster and reakt instead. or take up rigging.
>>
>>47969505
is hero lab worth it?
>>
Anyone played a gun adept focusing on sniper rifles and secondarily with automatics or pistols?

I'm new to SR5E, and don't know how to build a non-shit character.

My group is a bunch of munchkins, so cheese is okay.

Thanks chummers.
>>
>>47972782
Are you playing priority/sum to 10?
>>
>>47967599
maxed AGI, EDG and Pistols at the very least

maybe elf or human
>>
>>47972782
Sniping is kind of a weird place to be in Shadowrun. I'd actually recommend it as the side-skill for a non-combat guy than for a dedicated shit-kicker's primary focus.

The main factor is that when the target is unaware of the incoming attack (Because, say, they're being hit by a concealed sniper), they don't get to roll defense. Which, in turn, means you don't need that many dice to hit. Someone with even an 8 dice pool is still going to hit very routinely even after calling a shot to the vitals for 2 DV and -4 to hit.

Can a dedicated combat character do better? Yes, clearly they could. But I always find it concerning when people identify their character as a 'sniper' first and foremost when it's not really going to be a primary skillset for most groups.
>>
>>47970420
Personalized Grip, Weapon Personality that shouts your killstreak. Let him modify it with a monoedge to boost the AP by 2 or 3. Or let him modify it to burst the head into flames on command.
>>
>>47973312
>>47973745

Playing priority.

I'm envisioning a character that specializes in mobility, non-detection, and shit kicking from any advantage I can get.

Pretty much parkour ass kicker.
>>
>>47973999
So stealthy faith?
>>
File: Prob.png (123 KB, 916x635) Image search: [Google]
Prob.png
123 KB, 916x635
>>47970337
>>47970334

To elaborate on this,

The difficulties from easy/average/hard/V.Hard are 1, 2, 4, 6.

12 dice gives you 99%, 94%, 60%, and 17% chances at success. making you highly competent in that given area.

10 is 98%, 89%, 44%, and 7%

8 is 96%, 80%, 25%, and 5%

Since 'V.hard' tests are always going to be a bit of an outside stretch and everyone has >95% success rate on easy tests, concentrate on the Average/hard numbers to get a feeling for how much those extra 2-4 dice get you.

By the way, this incidentally means that those people with crazy 20+ Die pools are going to be succeeding those Very Hard checks 70% of the time.
>>
>>47972291
no
>>
>>47961947
Direct connection means you your already on the host should you be able to get marks on it. Basically plug yourself in, hack on the fly and your golden.
>>
>>47973999
Uh, alright.

Next question - Street, Standard, or Prime?
>>
>>47961947
This guy >>47974645 isn't completely correct, but it's close enough.

If you want a more complete, but still simplified view, by directly connecting you can completely side step any thing about grids, because you have a direct connection.

So you don't take the public penalty (if either of you are there), don't take noise penalties (because you're using wired connection), and don't have to worry about the slave getting bonuses (because again, it's direct to the thing).

So with a direct connection a person on the S-K grid can hack something on an Aztechnology grid and ignore all the penalties because they're not using any of that.
>>
>>47970469
Was she a loli?
>>
>>47973999
I'd say skip long arms and pick up Automatics. With a long barreled Ares Alpha (or Raiden if higher tier of play), you will do comparable damage to a proper sniper rifle and you can have access to concealable weapons too. Alternatively, you can substitute Automatics for longarms if your GM is okay with it.
>>
>>47975768
If you have a smartgun system, then there's the Improved Range Finder which reduces range penalties by one. If that's allowed to stack with Visual Magnification not on the weapon (probably should, but you never know how some people interpret things), then you can hit at Long Range with no penalties.

That gives you 30 meters of unpenalized range for the lighter weapons which is a pretty good area. Trade up to a heavy pistol and get ten more meters. Or an SMG and get fifty more meters.

How's that sound? The majority of a football field with no penalty.
>>
>KINESICS
>Cost: 0.25 PP per level
>Kinesics grants you complete control over your body’s nonverbal and subconscious communication and social cues, even when you’re in stressful social situations. It includes facial expressions, body movements, eye movements, fluctuations in heart rate and blood pressure, and even control over sweat glands, making it difficult to gauge your emotional state and truthfulness. Add +1 to resist Social Tests and tests to read your emotions like Judge Intentions, assensing, or truthfulness tests.
>assensing

Does getting 3 levels of Kinesics raise the threshold of figuring out you're awakened to 4 instead of 1?
>>
>>47976428
No, it makes it harder to read your emotions through assessing.
>>
>>47976489
Gay.
>>
File: 52223212_p0.jpg (332 KB, 709x1081) Image search: [Google]
52223212_p0.jpg
332 KB, 709x1081
>>47976499

You need metamagic for hiding that you're awakened.

Flexible Signature or Masking is what you should look at.
>>
>>47976764

I know. But I was trying figure out a way to not have to pick those
>>
>>47976788

No such luck, chummer. 1 initiation for Masking isn't too bad, all things considered.
>>
>>47976788
If you can get somebody to put a large and well rolled enough Mana Static on you, that can also work. (Probably Ritual Casted for duration and such.)

But that has several issues of its own.
>>
>>47976834

But I can't have that at chargen, and the cost of 13 karma means I won't have it before a couple of runs either.
>>
File: rain_by_proxygreen-d6p0r05.jpg (135 KB, 900x643) Image search: [Google]
rain_by_proxygreen-d6p0r05.jpg
135 KB, 900x643
>>47976873

You can carry over 7 karma from chargen, which will leave only 6 more to initiate. And that's 1-2 runs tops.

If you're under enough scrutiny on your first 2 runs to need Masking, you might want to consider finding a new fixer.
>>
>>47976966
Also consider getting and binding a Masking or Flexible Signature focus afterwards.
>>
>>47976966

Shit can happen, and I want to cover all my bases.
>>
>>47972291
I enjoy it. It's very intuitive and looks decent. Pricey, though. Very pricey.
>>
>>47975768
That's boring, though. Automatics is -always- the best skill to take for every combat character just because it covers Machine Pistols for concealability and Assault Rifles for power and range, so there's nothing that pistols and longarms can do that you won't be able to get 90% of just by taking automatics.
>>
>>47977586
That's one of the reasons why every group I'm in always groups up the three firearm skills under a single one. If you can shoot a machine pistol, you can shoot a pistol, and if you can shoot an assault rifle, you can shoot a sniper rifle.
>>
>>47977045
Honestly, if you're just an adept there's not going to be much seeing you (astrally) that wouldn't already involve seeing you (physically).

And that means a memory test because even those cameras aren't a great option.
>>
>>47977633
But that's just plain wrong. You don't need to compensate for recoil nearly as much when firing a semi-automatic pistol as you would when employing a select-fire weapon, and sniping takes range, windage, elevation and such much more seriously than using an assault rifle does.

If it simplifies things for you, cool. Do what you do. Different kinds of guns DO require different skillsets, however.
>>
>>47977936
Automatic weapons have a semi-automatic mode, and firing rapidly in semi-automatic isn't all that different to firing in automatic or burst.

Long arms != sniping. Sniping requires a lot of knowledge regarding external ballistics, but you can apply that knowledge to both assault rifles and precision riifles. Mechanically, shooting is the exact same for both weapon systems.
>>
>>47977633
I reclassified them to Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, and Submachine Guns. Means one more skill, and I don't like it, but it's an improvement. Machine Pistols under Pistols, for reference.
>>
>>47978086
I could go with that, but the difference between an SMG and a (machine)pistol with a stock attached is extremely minor. Increasing contact points and weight only makes shooting easier.
>>
>>47978116
The alternative I had in mind was "one-handed weapons" for Pistols and SMGs. But then strength causes interesting issues, because you just know someone will try to dual wield Ares Alphas as a troll and claim 1HW qualifies.
>>
>Using Perception
>To determine how observant a character is of her surroundings, the gamemaster can call for Perception Tests. Unless a character specifically takes the Observe in Detail Simple Action to perceive, she is considered to be distracted by whatever task is at hand (suffering a -2 dice pool modifier)

Would you allow a player to take the perception specialization of 'Distracted' specifically to cancel this penalty and allow their 'passive perception' to be rolled at their full value?
>>
>>47978476
It feels like that could have been a positive quality. But yeah, that sounds like a fun idea. Something other than Perception (Visual).
>>
>>47978558
I've always wondered why so many people take that, considering that there's so much gear that makes you hard to see and how little makes you hard to hear.
>>
>>47978013
>and firing rapidly in semi-automatic isn't all that different to firing in automatic or burst
That's wrong. It is much harder to control a burst or full auto burst (5-10 rounds) than it is to control a rapid fire SA.
>>
File: empi_adventure.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
empi_adventure.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>47978995
>>
How do I deal with zero-zones, assuming I need to do an extraction from behind one?

I don't know the details yet, it's going to be a culmination of a bunch of runs.

What's the "average" zero-zone and what should I expect?
>>
>>47978854
GMs have problems describing anything that isn't visual, and Visual covers thermal as well. Might even cover Ultrasound depending on GM.
>>
>>47979054
There is no "average" zero-zone. The best way to get in is to belong: What looks like legitimate business, the best fake IDs money can buy, hacked credentials, anything to make it look like you belong where you are. Zero-zone is something coined by MCT, and how it works is very simple: There are clearly-marked lines for where you're supposed to be and where you're not supposed to be. So long as you stay where you're supposed to be, you can just pretend security doesn't exist. If you cross into the "not supposed to be there" zone, they unload on you. Put your nose where it doesn't belong, they cut off your head. No notifications, no warning shots, no second chances.
>>
>>47979039
Now, compare that to an AK, a very popular rifle that has auto capabilities. The AK is MUCH easier to control rapid fore SA than it is FA. I'm not saying it's impossible, just harder.
>>
File: magdump_slo.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
magdump_slo.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>47979189
>>
>>47979204
Your video shows what? That it is possible to control FA? How is that any different from what I said?
>>
>>47979234
It's easy as shit m8
>>
>>47979234
And that's actually semi-auto IIRC
>>
>>47979243
>I have never fired a SAW
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.