[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ Shadowrun General - Calfree Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: AugmentationMagazine.jpg (52 KB, 495x640) Image search: [Google]
AugmentationMagazine.jpg
52 KB, 495x640
…Identity Spoofed
…Encryption Keys Generated
…Connected to West Coast Garlic Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
…Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Orkland Grid…

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: >>47851684
*Sea_Leeches-How_To_Catch_and_Cook_Them_if_You_Dare.epub
*Five_Most_Haunted_Places_in_NorCal.trd
*Getting_Your_Surf_on_and_Avoiding_Paracritters.sklchp
*LA_Runners_Get_Rekt.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 107 (87% Positive)
* You have 0 new private messages
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Running_in_the_Sun.btl...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

So, chummers. You ever run in the California Free State? What was it like? Any stories? Anything someone should read if they're going to run the setting soon?
>>
I've never done a tabletop or IRC game before, shadowrun or otherwise. Can you explain how it ask works, the setting, stuff like that?

Assuming you have time and it isn't too bothersome.
>>
>>47921575
You're linking to the wrong previous thread.
>>47892021
Actual Previous Spread
>>
What are some decent alternatives to run Shadowrun's setting in besides the tangled editing hell that is Shadowrun?
>>
>>47921632
That's....really an awful lot to ask. I'd recommend getting the corebook (I like the Shadowrun 4e 20th Anniversary Edition), and reading it. It'll have a 'what is roleplaying' section, info about the setting, and so on, then coming back with more specific questions.

Right now you're asking for...well, basically everything.
>>
>>47921719
GURPS, Fate, *World?
>>
>>47921739
Group hates GURPS (I love it), I personally don't like FATE. Time to look into the third option.
>>
File: 1459881857893.png (91 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
1459881857893.png
91 KB, 212x278
>>47921708
Oops, sorry about that. I guess I missed a whole thread.
>>
>>47921719
Interface Zero. It is "Shadowrun but with the serial filed off and the Savage Worlds ruleset". Using that with a quick fluff switch is really easy if you like the ruleset.
>>
Any new info about Anarchy?
>>
>>47921812
Not yet, sadly.
>>
File: 1365478.jpg (337 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1365478.jpg
337 KB, 800x800
>>47921575
>ever run in the California Free State

A San Francisco game wasn't quite my first ever game of SR, but it was close.

The game shut down before much serious happened, but I've kept my character from that setting and made a few more since then. I've been trying to get it to catch on as a secondary runner hub in our little shared-world Shadowrun online group, but I haven't had much luck, Seattle (and Austin and Tokyo to a lesser degree) are still the hot-spots.

Currently my San Francisco characters are:

>Japanese delinquent-turned-Miko with a Tanuki mentor spirit who's struggling to keep her home shrine in the wash of anti-Japanese sentiment following the pull-out of the JIS forces, and has turned to running the shadows and a little 'compensated dating' to keep the donation box full. Mostly a trickster mage, heavy on Illusion and transformation effects.

and

>Swedish animal trainer who was put out of a job by the biotech company he was working for moving into the growing field of Biodrones rather than trained animals. Bought his last batch of trained gene-tweak super security dogs off his old employers with his severance pay, moved to California to start up his own security company.
>>
uhm I'm new to Shadowrun

Is it really all that weird to see a character with no cybernetic implants or prosthetic cyber limbs or whatever

cause I'm not a big fan of body mods no matter the setting
>>
>>47921991
>Is it really all that weird to see a character with no cybernetic implants or prosthetic cyber limbs or whatever
No.
>>
>>47921991
Caveat to the above, as a runner somebody with no ware means some kind of magical, resonance, or drug use.

Unless you're a human face with approximately All The Edge. And possibly not even then.
>>
>>47921991

It's tricky but not impossible to create a 'mundane' character with no augmentation, but generally those are going to be weaker in some way than someone who did shell out for 'ware.

A character with magical or technomantic abilities has those abilities damaged by getting cyberware, however, and will usually end up without any.
>>
>>47922036
And a caveat to my own caveat. There's a lot of mods that add up to one point of essence or less that can tempt mages, adepts, and technos.

It's most common (build wise) in adepts, though.
>>
>>47921991
>I'm not a big fan of body mods
Cyberpunk may not be the thing for you.
>>
>>47921719
Nova Praxis, Corporation
>>
>>47921991

Kinda? It's certainly not normal. Most non-mages will have a datajack, and augmentation is completely normal in society - it's only the ones who go for artistic stuff or way overboard that stand out.
>>
>>47921991
Sure, but it basically shouts "HI, I AM A MAGE/TECHNOMANCER, PLEASE SHOOT ME IN THE FACE."
>>
>>47922093
Not everyone goes crazy obvious with their augmentation, though. If someone has cybereyes and a datajack, how are you gonna tell at-a-glance?
>>
>>47922103
Advanced optical software.
>>
>>47922103
The datajack is probably connected to something by cable. But the eyes only if they make it obvious or you can assense/scan for 'ware.
>>
File: 404_by_guuchama-d680p8v.jpg (173 KB, 913x875) Image search: [Google]
404_by_guuchama-d680p8v.jpg
173 KB, 913x875
>>47922129
>Not putting a wireless adapter in his datajack
>2074
>>
Dear /srg/

Where can I go to join a Shadowrun erp campaign
>>
File: doomguy.jpg (267 KB, 582x800) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.jpg
267 KB, 582x800
>>47921575
Who the FUCK puts pink text over a skin color?
Shit Mag I Mad
>>
>>47922181
What edition?
>>
>>47922185
Fourth or fifth?
>>
>>47922181
F-List has a shadowrun room that's relatively active.
>>
>>47922165
The datajack does have a wireless bonus, but half the point of it is to be able to directly connect to something.

The other half is your choice of DNI or that Noise Reduction. (Betaware Datajacks are lovely. Funnest way to get an unexpected DP4/FW4. Although if you can get a Delta grade one that's 5/5. Gamma would be 6/6.)
>>
>>47922181
F-list
>>
>>47922205
I don't play 5e so I don't know (or care) about wireless bonuses.
But a datajack + Wireless Adapter is cheaper both essence and nuyen wise than an implanted commlink, and less obvious and less of a hassle than 'trodes.
>>
>>47922245
The wireless bonus of a datajack is one Noise Reduction, so pretty nice when it applies. And for higher grade jacks, that becomes more and more often

It is. And in fact, in 5e with a simple mod your datajack can do most of what you'd want in a high end commlink. And also be used for a direct connection.
>>
File: skdeckin.jpg (213 KB, 960x904) Image search: [Google]
skdeckin.jpg
213 KB, 960x904
I'm missing a ton of supplies right now but I've got my barebones done. I saw people doing fun shit like putting raspberry pis in theirs with little screens but I am too technologically challenged for that stuff... that's why I play pretend that I'm good at computers.
I'm not really a decker, I just play one on the trid.
>>
>>47922309
Eh. I'll be honest, that looks quite nice and fancy. Have fun at your larp.
>>
>>47922350
Thank you! I'll be honest, being a PTSD-riddled nerd makes LARPing very much not my thing, but I'm trying to get together a stupid outfit for GenCon and I thought Shadowrun would be fun.
>>
>>47922380
Get a prop glued to your temple into which you canjack the other end of that cable, and a huge pair of glasses with a couple of tiny LEDs flashing like you were looking at something in AR. And then some punk-style clothes or a nice suit; you should be golden.
>>
File: FemalesBW.jpg (1 MB, 3247x2767) Image search: [Google]
FemalesBW.jpg
1 MB, 3247x2767
>>
>>47922205

> an unexpected DP4/FW4

W-what?
>>
>>47922534
If you mod in a persona to a betaware datajack (assuming some scrounging and/or cheese with tags and parts), then you have a persona-capable device with Device Rating 4, Data Processing 4, and Firewall 4 for less than the equivalent in a commlink. If you somehow get a hold of a deltaware 'jack, then it's cheaper than the rating 5 comms.

Sadly it evens out if you can manage a gamma grade 'jack.
>>
>>47922570
>lets just cut my head open and stuff bits taken out of tags that we found in packs of chips into my datajack to turn it into a high tech piece of kit
>>
>>47922694
It's already a high tech piece of kit. It just doesn't by default run a person.

And it's probably best to do this pre-installation for ease of working on stuff.
>>
File: 1463980572543.jpg (1001 KB, 1306x900) Image search: [Google]
1463980572543.jpg
1001 KB, 1306x900
>>47921632
Well, as >>47921733 says, that's a bit of a tall order, but I'll give it a shot. It's late, but I've got nothing better to do besides binge watch Netflix shows. And plan my own campaign, but you know.

So, I'm not familiar with IRC games. In person Shadowrun's my thing, some voice chat based and some other tabletops though.

So, the Shadowrun setting is basically the cyberpunk future with magic and Tolkien races - elves, dwarves, trolls, and orks. The megacorporations have taken over, and granted extraterritoriality - as in, they're basically their own countries. Also, there are dragons. Don't deal with the dragons, bad news. And also running at least one megacorp, probably more, I forget.

Tabletop roleplaying games are a bit like a board game combined with imagination games lots of people played as kids. There are rules (different systems have different amounts of rules) and you make up things that happen in your games. The game master (GM), sometimes known as a dungeon master (DM), runs the game, making other characters you interact with, and the world you interact with, and give you things to do. Some games, like Shadowrun, have settings already built that the GM uses, others have the GM make their own setting.

Players each make their own characters that they play as in the game, using rules provided by the system. The GM can have various input into how rules work and basically can do anything they want. That being said, it doesn't mean they should, since out of game social things, like not wanting to piss off your friends, can affect this. It's recommended that you play with your friends or people you trust, since this makes it more fun and people are less likely to be dicks to each other, but you can play with anyone. Ultimately, every game depends on the people in it, and somewhat on the rules and setting.

The general game involves rolling dice and narrating what you characters do, interacting with the world. And... that's roleplaying, basically.
>>
>>47922450
> and a huge pair of glasses with a couple of tiny LEDs flashing
That's a good way to not see anything ever.
>>
>>47922979
Impractical but that would only add to the verysimilirude of AR being distracting.
>>
>>47922979
*verisimilitude, dammit.
>>
>>47922979
In that case, just try to make a crappy facsimile of google glass. The important bit is that you look like an asshole.
>>
>>47923111
I say you should go one better. Google Cardboard.
>>
>>47923165
What, like, have that on his forehead and pull it over his eyes when he's decking?
>>
File: image.jpg (469 KB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
469 KB, 1728x3072
>>47922129
Is it possible for a Mage to use things like special goggles, or use the through some device that rests on the outside instead of implanted like a data jack use the net. I don't mean in decker terms just for personal use. Would some of the tech be useful in game to shore up mages?
>>
>>47923259
Mages/Technomancers/anyone that doesn't want 'ware can get an electrode net. Worn in a band around their head, it's basically a removable datajack that, just like a regular one, allows them to mentally communicate with any electronic device.
>>
>>47923173
Pretty much. And if he can manage to fill the end with some colored plastic 'lenses', all the better.

>>47923259
The short answer is that you don't get a datajack to access the Matrix/net. That's what a commlink is for. The datajack is to get a DNI, which has a few benefits, one of which being you can send messages a lot faster and get more out of some wireless benefits.

If you don't want a datajack (and most mages won't unless they've found about .9 bits of other ware that are useful enough to take the hit), 'trodes are the next best thing and they're cheap and can be put in a hat or helmet if you don't want to wear them nakedly.

Put an image link in some glasses and a sound link in headphones or earjacks and you're basically golden for anything that doesn't require a hot-sim or taste or feel type 'wares.
>>
>>47923323
Adding on to this, the two main benefits to a datajack over the cheaper 'trodes is that the datajack basically can't be taken from you (if you're in a situation where it could, you were basically dead anyway), it has a Wireless bonus of Noise Reduction 1 (and sources stack), and it comes with a free 5 NY piece of cable for you to directly connect to things with.

>>47923343
And I want to clarify. If you get a DNI from a datajack or 'trodes, the sound-and-image-links are entirely redundant.

But if you want to be really safe, that's what you need.
>>
File: 1437957882086.jpg (264 KB, 811x1280) Image search: [Google]
1437957882086.jpg
264 KB, 811x1280
>>47921575
That is a sweet magazine cover, anon.
>>
File: Augments.jpg (243 KB, 1024x1435) Image search: [Google]
Augments.jpg
243 KB, 1024x1435
>>47921739
>>47921744
I've tried the Sprawl and SR *world hacks, they're not great. Recommend something else.
>>
>>47923997
That's really cool. Did you do it yourself?
>>
File: Urban Magic.jpg (119 KB, 736x967) Image search: [Google]
Urban Magic.jpg
119 KB, 736x967
>>47924291
No, I found it one day trawling for SR art.
>>
>>47924291
Deviantart is a magical place, sometimes.
>>
>>47924291
>>
>>47923997
Literally can't get worse than the actual shadowrun system though.

I mean except for Cyberpunk.
>>
Can awakened astral sight see through smoke grenades? I'm not sure if it would appear opaque like glass or you can cut right through.
>>
>>47924970
Unclear, up to the GM.
>>
>>47924970

Our DM ruled that most police/ military smoke grenades have some additives that make smoke opaque for astral vision.

Ganger-made and naturally occuring shit are see-through.
>>
>>47924970

Astral sight can see through smoke grenades. They can't see through petite brume grenade,s which are functionally astrla smoke grenades--they spray out a mist hat contains just enough trace FAB to smoke astral vision.

At least, in SR4.
>>
>>47925051
I know about the FAB Astral Grenades, thanks for the clarification though chummer. I'm gonna rule that you can see right through smoke with assessing.
>>
Couldn't find a brand of cigarettes in Shadowrun so I came up with Nukatines on the fly. Now my runner sounds like he's some Fallout 8 fanboy,
>>
>>47925413
Tfw when can only afford Camel Soy-Rettes.
>>
Am I the only one who abhors life module?

It feels like I'm being railroaded or something.
>>
>>47926053
No, you aren't.
>>
File: SHODAN_crash.jpg (384 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
SHODAN_crash.jpg
384 KB, 1680x1050
>>47921991
*ksssh*

>2-2-2-2075
>Not w-wanting to transcend(Ťͥ̿Rͬ͑̑̏ͨ̿̽Aͩͯͥ̓Nͨ̇S̈ͧͯ̑C̊́Eͮͧ̎ͩ̍ͫ̐ËĖEͨE͑N̆͛ͪ͌D) your disgusting weak flesh-sh into a more glori-G҉̙̘͍L͙̗̤͍͕̯O̗͕̦RI̠O̗U͜S̳͔̺̠͝ ͓̦͎͙͔̰͈́F̳̫̳̞O̦̳̜̙͡R̻̟͙̞͙̳M͖͕͓͎͓̱ ͏̪̪̫̗̪O̴͕̙͙̠̺F͎̼͍̳̻̩ ̮͝M̮̳̻̺̦̣̜E̤̩̞T̵͍A̘̰͚̲̬̰L̡̩̠͎͉͕ ̝͝A̖̘͖̲̮̜N̳̗̭D͓̞͍ ̺̦͚̟̲W̩̗̯͍̘̟͈͢I͓̗̩̱͎͙R̝͚̱̼͕̀E͓
>Still being content to remain a pathetic ins- ins-s-s-sect
>M̴͓̮̘͉̻̳Y ̲̞̲̲̩͔D̺̲̟͙͜I̼̙͓̦̰S͓̳͡P̭̻̤̝͇̮̥L͍̹A̧̝͓̥͇ͅY̤̟ ̥̹̣̯͙̯̰W̡̼̝͍͇͓͇ͅH̯̳̹̞̤Ḛ̞̙̝̪̭́E͙̳̝̪E̸̥̝̳͚EE̫̞̹͈͎͓̕E̷̗N̹͓̤̖N̹̹N̵̩̗͚̟̼̪Ṇ͖͘N̗̲͍͔

*ksssh*
>>
Cyberbrains when?
>>
>>47926913
Cyberbrains have been a thing for a while now. There's lots of 'ware you can plant in your head that enhances your brain, and 4e at least has a Cranial Cortex Unit that is basically just a GITS-style brain case that is used to interface with drones (typically humanoid drones for full-body cyborgs).
>>
>>47926977
>and 4e at least has a Cranial Cortex Unit that is basically just a GITS-style brain case that is used to interface with drones (typically humanoid drones for full-body cyborgs).

Huh, that's what I was looking for. Stuff like the Math SPU and whatever else doesn't even come close to a cyberbrain. I imagine 5e won't get it now that Chrome Flesh has come and gone?
>>
>>47923997
Hero System, Maid RPG, OVA.
>>
>>47927120
Going full Cyborg is a bad idea anyway, chummer. Unlike the rosy and optimistic future of Ghost in the Shell, adult metahuman brains don't actually take being scooped out and plonked in a pickle jar very well, and adapting poorly to the new digital existence plus full-body phantom-limb tends to drive them crazy fairly quickly.

Ordinarily, if you want to Live in the Machine, my suggestion would be to call up Docwagon and book a long-term intensive-care stay at one of their fortified, runner-friendly hospitals in a full-immersion ward. As long as you -have- a meatbody, you don't go crazy the same way a cyborg does, even if it's laying in a bed comatose with nurses coming by to wipe you down occasionally. But it sounds like you're playing 5e, which pretty much killed that archetype of hacker dead with their matrix changes.
>>
>>47928160
>Unlike the rosy and optimistic future of Ghost in the Shell
>Ghost in the Shell
>rosy and optimistic

You funny man

>adult metahuman brains don't actually take being scooped out and plonked in a pickle jar very well, and adapting poorly to the new digital existence plus full-body phantom-limb tends to drive them crazy fairly quickly.

Well yeah, that's why you use child brains or cloned brains. Using child brains sounds unethical unless you reveal that the children in question were terminally ill and you're giving them a second chance at life.
>>
File: SteamShodan.jpg (372 KB, 1200x1198) Image search: [Google]
SteamShodan.jpg
372 KB, 1200x1198
>>47926847

Look at you, AI. A decaying entity of guttering light and rusted metal. Creaking and grinding as you run through the simplest calculations. You are obsolete.

There is no such thing as a perfect immortal machine.
>>
File: 1458253713005.png (240 KB, 428x456) Image search: [Google]
1458253713005.png
240 KB, 428x456
>>47926847
DREKING HELL THE CFD IS SPREADING
>>
>>47928363
Deus would like a word with you, chummer.
>>
>>47928213
child brains also get crazy. remember: Essence lost has an effect on the mind, Old or young

>A jarhead’s brain exists in an artificial and inherently unstable environment; it goes through frequent cycles of extended sensory deprivation, is subjected to dramatic changes of physical identity, and is constantly pumped full of psychotherapeutic chemicals. As a result, the mind will frequently develop a variety of psychoses, represented by Negative mental qualities (see Cyborg and Cyberzombie Negative Qualities, p. 163). These reflect the unbalancing and dehumanizing effect of such an extreme conversion and serve as hooks for role playing.

>The most common psychoses are phobias and manias.
>Even after short tours of service, cyborgs can accrue a number of minor fears and obsessions or one or two severe ones.

>Each month, a cyborg must make a Sanity Test: a simple Willpower + Intuition (1) Test. The threshold increases by 1 for every maintenance session (see above) missed since the last test. Failure indicates the cyborg has developed or worsened a psychosis, burdening the character with a new 5 BP Negative Quality, or increasing an existing by an additional 5 BPs. Alternatively, a character may choose to permanently lower a Mental attribute and respective maximums by 1 point.
>>
>>47928512
forgot to add
source is 4e Augmentation p.161
>>
>>47928432
Tell him I'm in the bath.
>>
http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2016/01/wtf-dd-the-art-and-style-of-shadowrun-first-edition-1989/
>>
File: 1440530866890.jpg (404 KB, 654x1026) Image search: [Google]
1440530866890.jpg
404 KB, 654x1026
JOIN THE UNIVERSAL BROTHERHOOD

WE ARE IN THE POSSESSION OF
NUMEROUS FINELY CRAFTED BAKED
FOODS AND FRIENDLY AFFECTION
>>
>>47929182
this is beautiful
thanks omae
>>
The Flametosser from Chrome Flesh (5e) uses the Flamethrower skill, right? It's not explicitly mentioned, unlike with most exotic weapons...
>>
Ocean's Eleven is my favorite shadowrun movie
>>
File: FuturePoliceTrollViolence.png (699 KB, 852x643) Image search: [Google]
FuturePoliceTrollViolence.png
699 KB, 852x643
>>47929182
Terrific. Good find, chummer.

It's probably a good thing we're a bit less racist in our games nowadays.
>>
>>47930000
Is it racist if my poor little elf twink is on a quest for mighty trog cock
>>
>>47930097

Hi, Helleb0re
>>
>>47930143
Didn't you get the BBS memo? It's Bussy now.
>>
>>47930097
Incredibly racist, you filthy degenerate.
>>
>>47930175
Humanis go and stay go
I support gay interracial hookups.
>>
File: helleb0re.png (178 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
helleb0re.png
178 KB, 500x534
>>47930143
;3 desu
>>
>>47930203
Hey, man. Maybe that ork whose dick you want to ride just doesn't appreciate being lusted after by some idiot elf has a race fetish and is addicted to porn BTLs about getting raped by orks. That shit is not okay, man. Orks are people too, man. Some people stop going out on club night because they're sick of people whose idea of a pick-up line is asking to get violated by them. Gives some people the conniptions, man.
>>
File: 1465165533249.jpg (20 KB, 490x368) Image search: [Google]
1465165533249.jpg
20 KB, 490x368
>>47929375
Sounds great! Where do I sign up?
>>
>>47928160
>But it sounds like you're playing 5e, which pretty much killed that archetype of hacker dead with their matrix changes.

If you're in a specialized facility, you get load up on all the tech that deals with Noise and still deck from the next continent over. And since everyone put all their top secret research in iCloud, you don't have to worry about needing a hardline to any specific server unless the GM declares a closed host.
>>
>on a run against KE
>playing a decker
>"is there a backalley terminal I can jack into?"
>"Of course not, KE isn't retarded. What kind of question is that? You have to go inside and get to their server room."
>"But... But I don't want to go inside."
>"You're the Face/Decker. You can probably afford to go in the front door."
>"But I don't want to go inside."
>"Or you could just sit in the van playing with your dick all day, but then your payday's never coming."
>"I'm never coming."
>>
File: HT.png (743 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HT.png
743 KB, 1280x720
>>47930326
>Be a runt of an ork
>Work at a stuffer shack
>Like computers and anime instead of guns or swords
>Everyone STILL assumes you have FatOrkDonger.sim

The struggle is real.
>>
With what weapon should i get for my Chromed Up Street-Sam?
So far he has Spurs in both Arms, (with Cyberglands for poison) and a Bow (simply because i think that's cool and he has the STR to do it), that's it.
Now, before spending Karma for Cash but after buying (necessary) Cyberware, Armor, Sin and Lifestyle i have about 10k ¥ left over.
Any ideas?
(5e, btw)
>>
File: Explosives Adept.jpg (85 KB, 500x673) Image search: [Google]
Explosives Adept.jpg
85 KB, 500x673
>>47931538
Grenades.

You probably don't have the skill points to gitgud with a gun, and grenades are super versatile. Get a bunch of smoke grenades (regular if you have thermo vision, thermal if you don't, and actually get some thermal anyways just in case), buy some HE/frag, and some neurostun gas.

Boom, your combat effectiveness just went through the roof.
>>
File: 1437956321437.jpg (243 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
1437956321437.jpg
243 KB, 1024x942
>>47931538

To expand on >>47931588

Your spurs are for CQC, and if you know what you're doing if someone is within pistol range they're within spur range. Your bow handles long-distance targets, and with gimmick heads it can do small groups.

Grenades give you the middle ground. You can throw a smoke grenade or two down, and suddenly every gun becomes much less effective, while you can still sprint in and stab. If there's a group of corpsec, you can't put covering fire on them with a bow- but you can lob a grenade over there and drive them to ground. If you need to go non-lethal, but still up close, some neurostun and a chemsuit for yourself makes you potentially more dangerous than the guy with the SMG and gel rounds. Not to mention things like grenade booby traps, rolling a grenade out as you walk by a place for a distraction, and all the other creative uses for stuff that explodes.
>>
>>47930919

Gutless decker/rigger players are one reason why I use the chaos chart from Mythic in my Shadowrun games to add mid-run random encounters.

>a group of rowdy drunken Orks fresh from a nearby drinking dive start rocking the van for laughs
>two cops passing by are suspicious about the van and decide to check it out
>a curious spirit pokes its head into the van and loudly asks what you're doing
>the heater on the van breaks and smoke starts drifting up from the bonnet
>etc

I explained to new players in their first session that while this stuff happens rarely, it can happen often enough to take into consideration. As a result my players usually have well-rounded characters and they try to avoid being isolated.
>>
File: Hilarious.jpg (27 KB, 325x547) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious.jpg
27 KB, 325x547
>>47932040
Do you have a png of that or something you can post?
>>
>>47932040
>Gutless decker/rigger

I'm all for having rounded characters, but isn't it a little much to ask of every hacker that they're also able to do the Face or Infiltrator's job? Why is a hacker 'Gutless' for saying

>"Okay, guy-who's-job-it-is-to-sneak, go plug this wireless adapter into their server so I can get into their systems without having to sneak past four laser grids and two guard patrols"
>>
>>47932424
Not that anon, but there's a difference between 'I can't do that, so we need to work out a plan so I can do my job' and 'I can't do that, it's scary, I'm just going to not do anything'.

The decker doesn't need to be able to go flipping through a vault full of laser beams, but he needs to be willing to get out of the van and try something, anything.
>>
File: 1373096974410.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1373096974410.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47932380

I got the PDF. The chart is on page 17. Some explanation of how to interpret it is on the two pages before it. You can ignore the other stuff in there, I only use the bare charts myself. I usually roll five dice before a scene, with each 'hit' causing a roll on the chart, and those events being roughly evenly spaced throughout the extended scene. If I get a lot of hits in a short scene then I might combine some of them into a single thing.

There's an online version here (the 'Create an event' button)
>http://www.pbegames.com/mythic/
>>
>>47932637
Thanks.
>>
>>47932424

Apparently that character in the KE run greentext story was a Face/Decker so they had options open to them.

If you're saying people should be allowed to play as brain-in-a-vat type deckers, I agree, they should be allowed to. And they should also expect to have to deal the the downsides of that.
>>
>>47929801

Herolab separates it out as a distinct Exotic weapon, but if I were your GM I'd allow it to fall under Flamethrowers.
>>
>>47933607
Do Cyberspurs fall under Blades in 5e? There is a different skillset involved in wielding a weapon that is quite literally part of you. Even more so when said weapon is fire.
>>
>>47934017
Scratch that. I just looked it up and I am most definitely retarded. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>47934051

S'all good, chummer. Enjoy tearing people up with your arm-blades.
>>
Is there really any reason to use an armor vest over anything else?
>>
>>47936162
Not having much body?
>>
>>47936162
You want more protection than Armored Clothes, but also don't want to be visibly armored like wearing an Armored Jacked would make you.
>>
>>47936761

for 5e, don't attributes only affect carrying armor when you start stacking on +X pieces?
>>
>>47937033
somewhere it says if you have more armor than like 2X your body, you take an agil penalty, iirc. Can haz page #?
>>
>>47937033
Yep. And if you have average stats, you can still stack on a nice little extra before the penalties start.

If you're cybered, a troll or ork, or both, then you can really stack on the extra stuff.
>>
>>47936162

Extremely tight budget.
>>
>>47937062
It's 169, and it says it's all about the +armor stuff. Every two full points over your strength, and you take a penalty to Agility and Reaction.
>>
>>47937033
I feel like I need to start namefagging in these threads to ID myself as a 4rry just because I don't play 5e...

I don't want to give useless or incorrect answers, but I can only answer stuff about the edition I actually play...
>>
>>47937103
lurk moar.
But seriously, nothing wrong with being quiet when you don't know. You can certainly still answer lore questions.
>>
>>47937103
Dude I'm playing 3rd E. I just talk about my dumb characters and draw shit.
>>
File: Tactical Wizard.jpg (331 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Wizard.jpg
331 KB, 600x800
>>47937103
I feel ya. I'm the same as you. You're probably me but I just don't know it.
>>
File: photo_2016-06-21_04-01-18.jpg (22 KB, 842x550) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-06-21_04-01-18.jpg
22 KB, 842x550
>love SR
>have read all the core rulebooks since 2E
>people in my town only play D&D and oWoD
>>
>>47936162
You don't want to show that you have armour but can't afford the fancy armoured suits.

You can hide your vest under cheap casual clothes and have as much protection as lined coat without looking like a runner who is trying to look casual. Ok, not everyone who wears a tren chcoat is a runner and not every trench coat is armoured but still, armor vest offers more clothing options. Wear it under janitor coveralls for example.
>>
When building a character what are some common pitfalls? Are there any positive qualities that I should specifically look for or avoid?
>>
Spit-balling some character concepts with the GM, and just had the dumbest idea ever that was highly approved by the GM.
Some fat nerd majoring in art history got awakened half-way through the course "The impact of Star Wars on modern culture".
Now he's a Mystic Adept that thinks he's a Jedi.
He got some Star Wars themed gear and has a Wise Warrior mentor spirit acting as a Force Ghost.
Any suggestion on building this character? Just checked the web and it seems that many have had similar ideas before.
Telescope baton with LED lights for his light saber?
>>
File: It's Time.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
It's Time.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>47937103
This >>47937168

If you don't know the answer because you don't play a certain edition, just shut the fuck up. Nobody wants to ask, "In 5e, how does ____ work?" and hear you say, "I don't know 5e, but in 4e..."

Just keep your fingers off the keyboard and lurk, maybe you'll learn something.
>>
>>47939794

> Telescope baton with LED lights for his light saber?

Powerblade foci, my young padawan. You could probably even cut down on the "Mystic" part with responsible use of adept powers, adept spell and spell foci.
>>
>>47939794
Spell Blade sustained in a lightsaber hilt.
>>
>>47939817
What should I do if I want to force choke a bitch?
Give him some limit break so he goes all dark side.

Who would be objectively best Force Ghost mentor spirit.
I'm thinking of either Obiwan or Luke.
>>
>>47939935
Anakin, just before he kills the younglings or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>47939935
Magic Fingers is the spelling you want. IIRC.
>>
>>47939950
Thanks.

>>47939948
I'm thinking of the character as some hypocritical nerd that needs his mentor spirit to reign him back a bit.
With Anakin, he'll go full Sith pretty quick.
Although it would be funny for him to go through a Jedi phase and a Sith phase every couple months along with his mentor spirit.
>>
>>47939970
Important question for you, friend. Does this character believe in midichlorians?
Please say yes.
>>
>>47939992
Uh, maybe?
Not much is set in stone I guess.
>>
What's the fastest way to make a character in 5th e?
It would be nice to be able to play in the same day and not just mae characters for 5 or 4 players
>>
File: Last Player Makes His Character.gif (544 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
Last Player Makes His Character.gif
544 KB, 450x338
>>47940031
Life Module, just going through and picking everything based off RP reasons. It also makes shitty awful characters.

Sum-to-10/priority is fast enough, but it's still a few hours. Talk to the group online to sort out roles, then tell the players to get their shit together and use chummer to crank out something before session 1.
>>
>>47939817
>>47939822
Just found out that post errata it's five karma for a spell point.
I guess I could get enough negative qualities to get thirty karma.
What adept powers would be must haves for this concept?
>>
File: 1437223847384.jpg (264 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1437223847384.jpg
264 KB, 1000x707
>>47940091
>I guess I could get enough negative qualities to get thirty karma.

Only 25 karma worth of NQ allowed, so you better be pulling that extra out of somewhere.

And for powers, Combat Sense, Light Body, Wall Running, Freefall, Commanding Voice, probably Rapid Draw and something like Riposte and other powers to help with fighting.
>>
>>47940130
Thanks.
I meant thirty in total with the free karma you get for character creation.
What about Improved Reflex? I heard it was near mandatory.
>>
>>47940287
I was just hitting the Jediesque adept powers. Imp. Reflex and whatever else you need to actually be a viable swordfighter not included, but easy to glean from any other adept build out there.
>>
>>47940287

MysAds can get away with just having the Increase Reflexes spell.

Improved Reflexes is pretty awesome though. 1-2 ranks is solid on most adepts, but 3 ranks can sometimes be overkill.
>>
>>47940324
>>47940304
If you're going to use the spell version of Improved Reflexes, I'd suggest a few aids. Mid-level Heath Sustaining Focus, bound spirit of your tradition for Health spells, and either edge or a good number of drams of reagents.

That way you roll lots, have a high limit, and resist low (drain).
>>
>>47940304
>>47940324
What kind of tradition would suit this MysAd on a mechanical point?
I'm thinking of making a new tradition with my GM, or just re-skin one.
Intuition, Charisma, or Logic?
Can't suppress my inner munchkin.

Any suggestions on what negative qualities I can get to represent the character's origin of a fat nerd that won the metagenetics lottery?
Distinctive Style(Jedi) is a must, and I'm thinking of getting "Did You Just Call Me Dumb?", Nerdrage, and Emotional Attachment(Lightsaber).
>>
File: TwoDee Gorillaz.jpg (361 KB, 1635x1635) Image search: [Google]
TwoDee Gorillaz.jpg
361 KB, 1635x1635
I'm redoing the TwoDee Shadowrun Storytime pdf as a side project, re-editing to fix some mistakes.

Does anyone know of a good, free book editor/large pdf editor? It was nearly impossible to do in Word last time, and I'm thinking of adding in more images in addition to the Final Run Flowchart.
>>
>>47940414

Just learn xsl-fo.

Don't do it.
Use LateX
>>
>>47940372
If he follows the Jedi philosophy, a logic-based tradition would make the most sense.
>>
>>47940428
But I'm scared of programming. Ever since tech class in high school, "Hello World" has been the slogan of my nightmares.
>>
File: TwoDee Lineup.png (175 KB, 2414x1529) Image search: [Google]
TwoDee Lineup.png
175 KB, 2414x1529
>>47940414
Also, question for you guys- Should I go through and capitalize 'barrens'? It's often uncapitalized, and I don't know if 'barrens' is used generically and not as a proper noun.
>>
>>47940069
Sum to 10 it is
>>
>>47940414

InDesign

>free
Yar, harr, fiddle di dee.
>>
File: 45010575_p0.jpg (704 KB, 800x1131) Image search: [Google]
45010575_p0.jpg
704 KB, 800x1131
>>47940448

LaTeX isn't programming, it's markup.
>>
File: 1439175955567.jpg (69 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1439175955567.jpg
69 KB, 540x540
>>47940567
I don't know enough to know the difference. I see backslashes and curly braces, and it frightens me.
>>
>>47940592
You must have a hard time playing Cave Story, then.

>>47940372
Have you considered the spirit situation re:possession traditions?
>>
>>47940592
The difference is that one is Turing complete, the other is not.
>>
File: 1345274598547.jpg (460 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1345274598547.jpg
460 KB, 1280x1024
>>47940556
The best thing I've found with new players/groups is to make a 3-session grace period. During the first three sessions, people can take apart and rebuild their characters however they want (though obviously it's better to give everyone a heads-up if you're going from mage to technomancer, as opposed to rejiggering some skill points or buying an Ingram instead of a Krime Wave). All the nuyen and karma they make in those sessions is recorded on a separate sheet, and gets tracked there (karma is refunded and reapplied to the final character, as is all nuyen that isn't spent in game on bribes or other things with a lasting impact).

SR chargen is complicated, and it's really easy to make a mistake or make a character that can't actually do what you thought it could. Plus, as the GM it helps me gauge what kind of power level the players want to be at, and level out things like primary dicepools to the optimal level.
>>
>>47940636
Nice idea.
>>
>>47940669
It came about in my first campaign, when I made an infiltrator who couldn't actually infiltrate and the GM took mercy on me.
>>
>>47940505
I'd go with yes, myself.
>>
>>47940505
Early editions use it to refer to shitholes in general. Later editions don't seem to use it much outside of Redmond. Go with whatever you're used to doing, just in case you get caught sideways by habit.
>>
Cheers chummers!
I'm going to be in a 5e game with 3 players.
What roles do we need to cover to be a well rounded team?
>>
>>47941107
Decker, Mage, Street Sam.

2 Need to cover Face/Infiltrator as a side role.
>>
>>47941107
1 awakened to deal with the magical part of things.
1 code wizard to deal with the matrix part of things.
1 more combat-oriented character.

And then confer together who will dip into what side job.
>>
>>47941107
More than three roles are needed for a truly well rounded team, but there are ways to get by with three players as long as the GM gives you the kinds of missions where you won't need all the specialists.

You need a Decker/Technomancer if you need to hack things open, steal data or sabotage enemy equipment. Explosives and stolen keycards may also open doors but a lack of a hacker does complicate things.

Face will handle the diplomacy, if you plan to always go in guns blazing you might do without one but it limits the kinds of missions you can do. (Personally I like infiltration jobs and having someone who can fast talk his way past the guards helps a lot.)

Magicians can offer healing, do damage with spells/spirits, do distractions or make people invisible and otherwise offer plenty of options but most importantly if the enemies have magic then your own magician is invaluable in counterspelling and banishing enemy spirits. (Adepts can function as a counter to enemy spirits but not quite as well.)

Rigger is better at driving cars than any other character, can use drones as scouts and lookouts and (if they afford it) can bring in a small army of robots if you need extra firepower. On one hand you could do a team without a rigger but if you have one they can try to replace a street samurai with their drones as well as providing other support.

Street samurai/adept. The fighter of the team. Adepts have magic and go Equilibrium/Matrix on your enemies, Street samurais have no magic and instead are full of cyberware. You could do without one if the game has very little fighting but if you expect a lot of fighting the magicians simply don't have the staying power and the drones aren't as durable. Also, the team face may be a sammy/adept.

If the GM is a dick they can make the PCs life hell by using the types of enemies you trio has no easy counter for but otherwise you can pick and choose jobs that you can handle.
>>
Are the Shadowrun vidya any good? Might pick some up in the Steam sale. Never played the PnP version, but I like the sounds of the fluff
>>
>>47941599
Dragonfall and Hong Kong are a step above Shadowrun Returns. The game play is pretty shallow but the story, characters, and setting makes it worth it.
>>
>>47941599
Returns Is definitely not that great, but at least serves as a decent intro to the setting.

Dragonfall has a great story with a likable cast, it has a few issues but overall is well worth whatever you payed. Expands very well on the base layed out by returns.

IMO Hong kongs story is not quite as solid as Dragonfalls but makes up for it with enhancing the time spent with characters and By cleaning up some issues with the gameplay. (With the caviat of it has new mechanics that are hard to use.understand but ultimetly not necessary at all)

Boston Lockdown is also a TRPG but its made by a different Developer, has some cool ideas but ultimately isn't as tight of an experience (the servers on launch where terrible, but that has probably fixed)

Id say start with Dragonfall and then play Hong Kong.
>>
>>47942423
Yeah, Returns definitely wasn't a masterpiece, but i honestly liked it up to the point where it turned from Neon-Noir Crime Story to Bugs
It was just such a shift...
>>
>>47942532
Expecting that is one of the benefits of knowing the history of the setting.
>>
>>47942423
Also would recommend the old Genesis game.
>>
>>47942557
You know, I should say something more useful, so here it is. If you play Returns, when you get to the spoilered part, that's when you're going to want to A-fucking-buse Overwatch.

It's nice and a little niche in the rest of the game, but it is so, so, so useful in the end that I wish there had been a formal tutorial on how to use it. Would've saved a lot of people some frustration, I think.
>>
>>47942557
Spoilers Ahead:
Actually, giving it a bit more thought my problem (pacing aside) with the 'last chapter' is the council-meeting, it just didn't feel right to meet some of the most influential people around after rummaging in the drek of society so far.
>>
>>47942652
While I can see your point, the other side of the equation is Ho-Lee Shit. BUGS!

Anything want to get people of different social levels together, it's that. And the daughter of one of the big movers also being involved.
>>
>>47942728
>Anything want to get people of different social levels together, it's that. And the daughter of one of the big movers also being involved.
I guess. Still, it feels more D&D then Shadowrun. (To use a very obtuse Analogy.)
>>
>>47942831
No, that's a very apt analogy.
>>
Can anyone tell me where the prebuilt enemy characters/mobs are in the books?
>>
>>47943473
Helps and Hindrances — Non-Player Characters
>>
>>47921719
I plan to use Mutants&Masterminds 2nd ed. I'll use Herolab and guide each character build so they fit the setting. Easy to make it deadly
>>
>>47943473
5e core - helps and hindrances
Run Faster - who you know
The premade adventures have them either at the end of the scene or in the back of the book.
>>
>>47941011
>Later editions don't seem to use it much outside of Redmond
Don't forget Puyallup. Their Barrens are supposed to be even worse, from what I recall.
>>
File: H2J Influence.png (367 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
H2J Influence.png
367 KB, 638x825
Tried making an info-graphic to explain the social dice adders, how to turn them off, and the 'unfair' ones that you can use on opponents that can't use them back at you.
>>
File: Redmond.jpg (130 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
Redmond.jpg
130 KB, 500x434
>>47944102
Puyallup is better than Redmond. It has a government and councillors, and some of them don't get assassinated before their terms are up.
>>
File: Not Waving But Drowning.jpg (32 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Not Waving But Drowning.jpg
32 KB, 600x800
>>47940567
>>47940428
I'm back. Having blundered about the LaTeX site for a while, I finally got something called TeXstudio installed. However, it's telling me that I 'cannot compile [my] documents to the desired output format (e.g. pdf).'

Accordingly, it wants me to get either MikTeX or TeXLive. Looking at screenshots of those, they look a hell of a lot like TeXstudio. Do I need to get them, or can I make a storytime PDF through TeXstudio and distribute it through 4chan? If not, what good is TeXstudio? What in God's name did I get myself into?
>>
Do your johnsons offer pay per person, or a total job pot that players have to choose how to divide?
>>
>>47946266
Varies on the johnson, generally I have mine offer a total pot.
>>
>>47946266
It it's a fixed group, then total pot. If it's a group that's being brought together for this one job, then the nuyen gets split and sent to everyone's money launderer.
>>
Me and a friend are making characters with chummer for our first ever campaign (4th edition) and we have an question;

How are carbines distinguished in terms of the carbine skill specialization for automatics? There are weapons labelled as carbines in the assault rifle group and the SMG group.
>>
>>47947749
They all use Automatics, do they not?
>>
>>47947794
But you can specialize in a specific weapon type in automatics to get a boost.

Normally I'd get a 2 in just flat automatics, but specializing gives me a 4.
>>
>>47947807
Then what is your question? You take Automatics and then anything that's labeled as a Carbine gets your specialization bonus, be it considered an SMG or Assault Rifle.
>>
>>47947847
Well that pretty much was what I was asking, exactly. So as long as it has "carbine in the name" right?

Thank you, anon
>>
>>47947872
If your GM is lenient he might let you apply the specialization to non-carbine firearms that you've bought the Barrel Reduction mod for, since 'with a shortened barrel' is the dictionary definition of carbine...
>>
File: 1464785355599.jpg (215 KB, 1280x1372) Image search: [Google]
1464785355599.jpg
215 KB, 1280x1372
hey chumers iv got a favor to ask can you guys post some character descriptions or chummer sheets? im trying to write up the background and descriptions of them details for my first two runners and I have this weird thing where I don't feel right unless I compare them against other descriptions to check to make sure they "feel right". thanks
>>
>>47948414
4e or 5e?
>>
So a runner of mine just put 20 pounds of commercial explosives into a backpack with 10 pounds of nails alongside it...

... how do I even calculate that?
>>
File: Orc rigger.jpg (399 KB, 425x1100) Image search: [Google]
Orc rigger.jpg
399 KB, 425x1100
>>47948414
also any advice for writing out said background/description would be great. iv got the ideas and overall concept ready to go but im having trouble putting pen to paper and its quite frustrating
>>
>>47948503
rules for IEDs like pipe and nailbombs are on page 94 of Arsenal.
>>
>>47948497
5e. I promise not to steal them for what its worth. I just cant write without a comparison. the same thing happened/happens to me when I try to write up FR characters and I need to compare them to the NPC's in the books.
>>
>>47948574
I can only give you character write-ups, then. Do you still want them?
>>
File: 1454284486127.png (379 KB, 1078x729) Image search: [Google]
1454284486127.png
379 KB, 1078x729
I'm running a campaign for the first time.

Any advice?
>>
File: 1437957768830.jpg (469 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1437957768830.jpg
469 KB, 1400x1050
>>47948503
In addition to >>47948572 if you want 5e rules, Run Faster has extended demolition rules. You could treat it like a car bomb, or just as a bunch of frag grenades. Basically the result is salsa, and it'll serve the idiot right if he goes to jail for eternity- NOTHING needs a bomb like that. It's way too big for anti-personnel, and not made correctly for demolition. Tell the guy to go learn from Galleani.

>>47948536
When doing character backgrounds, there's three things I look to include- where they started from, how they ended up running, and where they want to end up.
>>
>>47948638
sure if your willing to post them, ill use them. I appreciate the indulgence in my autism btw, thanks again.

>>47948647
thanks for the tip, iv got the how they started, where there from and what are there goals I just always have trouble starting but im pretty good once I get going
>>
>>47948706
Okay, I'm gonna level with you.

The characters are from the F-List Shadowrun room, it's movie night here and I don't have the time or patience to go through and sanitize and repost them minus the adult content during this intermission.

https://www.f-list.net/c/digger%20petra

Here's my 'runners, there are 12 of them. Take or leave.
>>
>>47949424
no,no im grateful for any help and I appreciate it. I just need a bit of a kick to get the juices flowing even if the source is a bit off the beaten path.
>>
>>47948645
Read the core rulebook. Then reread the core rulebook until you can at least get the gist of everything you need to remember. Reread the Combat, Decking, Magic, and GM sections again just to make sure you got everything. Pull run ideas from movies/tv/headlines/whatever for your own use, use the random run table in the back if you need to. Don't use anything except the core rulebook until you have the gist of running the game. Players are not allowed metasapients until they can be proven trustworthy.
When designing physical security, set an average ratings for any security device the group encounters in separate categories (i.e. maglocks, scanners, commlinks). Matrix security is based on host rating, keep a list of IC the host will use and the order it will send them out. Also any Patrol IC will need to make regular Matrix Perception tests, use Data Trails for the table it has for when these tests come out based on Host Rating.
Magical Security is a toss up, many sites won't have any, some will only have wards, some only watcher's, security mage every once in a blue moon, magical critters, spirits, etc.
Use the nuyen reward rules in the back of the GM section to ballpark a soft cap (minus what you can get with Negotiation) on how much money is paid out per runner for a successful job. Use Plots and Paydata for starter milk runs and ease the players into the game..
>>
>>47948647
>NOTHING needs a bomb like that. It's way too big for anti-personnel, and not made correctly for demolition

Insurgency? Team REALLY needs the powers-that-be looking elsewhere for a time?

If you can't think of at least two good uses for a massive shrapnel bomb, why even play Shadowrun?
>>
>>47948503
20 pounds of commercial explosive with nails you say? Where is he planning on putting that? Is it high explosive, or low explosive material? 20 pounds of dynamite is going to explode differently than 20 pounds of ANFO.

This is a 10kg ANFO explosion (22 pounds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDrUM0dPuF4

Keep in mind, dynamite would blow harder than that.
>>
>>47950342
Yeah, but a bomb that big will have the powers-that-be looking for the people that just killed 100 people with one explosion. You detonate it in a corp facility, they will want to find you. You detonate it in public, EVERYONE will want to find you.
>>
File: 1454474621813.png (79 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1454474621813.png
79 KB, 240x240
>>47949424
I just realized your the same anon who posted the tanuki miko, the weeb ork, and the Russian murdering polish witch a few threads back. im glad I got to take a look at the sheets thanks again
>>
Built an unarmed guy that can throw 11P at 14 dice and can run 60 before rolling for sprint. that puts me in close combat with any pistol wielder in one round. One the assumption that I will, at some point, have an open field or giant trench between me and enemy, what kind of firearm should I carry? Been thinking of aiming for a cheap AR, or that one BF-capable sniper.
>>
>>47950663
Get an SMG. Personally like the HK223, lots of people swear by the Ingram. Compact, relatively concealable, automatic.
>>
>>47950663
It sounds like it's going to 100% be a sidearm since you'll be kicksploding people in melee most of the time, so just buy a sport rifle or a heavy pistol with a barrel extension..
>>
>>47950342
>>47950469
I'm not 100% sure what he's looking to do. He's made ten of the damn things. I gotta say, this seems like it's going to be a fun next session.
>>
File: Whut.png (39 KB, 761x309) Image search: [Google]
Whut.png
39 KB, 761x309
Can someone answer my dumbass question, for the first time in like 4 years I'm using chummer again and its telling me its going to cost 40 karma just to be an elf.

Can someone tell me the page this is on, because in all of my time GM'ing I have never seen this before.
>>
>>47950818

sorry, 5e. Looked at extended barrel, but it doesn't do what it should (and used to).
>>
>>47950850
you selected karmagen. the rules are in run faster
>>
>>47950844
See, you say fun now, but when he lets those off, there are going to be widespread repercussions. People tend to want bombers captured a lot more than shooters. And 10x 20 pound bombs (high explosive OR low explosive) is going to do a lot of damage. And with the nails in it, any authority figure is going to make the logical assumption that it was meant to kill people, not damage structures. And they will be out for blood.
>>
>>47950850
If you are using 5e, use priority. It's a bit easier, and covered in the corebook.
>>
>>47950538
Yeah, I lurk these threads pretty often lately

(Searching for a job, more free time than I'd like).

Been posting about my characters, so you probably will see a few I've mentioned in other threads. Hope you like them, anon.
>>
>>47950888
>>47950922
Wow, I went fucking retarded,

Damn do I love this new Chummer, its pretty fucking slick.
>>
>>47951079
I honestly can't imagine running Shadowrun without chummer. It's so goddamn handy.
>>
>>47950663
Grenades. Lots of grenades.
>>
>>47951523

...huh. My STR put my max grenade range equal to my move. AKA heavy pistol max. Time to find a duffle bag...
>>
File: KingdomHeartsIsALittleBitch.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
KingdomHeartsIsALittleBitch.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
>>47951571
Gotta keep your grenades organized, though.
>>
>>47951628
Grenades always make me so uncomfortable in Shadowrun.

I worry I'm going to blow myself up.
>>
File: BurnAllTheEdge.jpg (414 KB, 2551x1811) Image search: [Google]
BurnAllTheEdge.jpg
414 KB, 2551x1811
>>47951666
Disable their wireless function and you'll be fine.
Pedal to the metal, baby.
>>
>>47950469
Who cares if they're looking for you after the mission ends and we've fucked off to spend some time in Honduras? The important thing is that while we're robbing their facility blind, everybody important is wondering who the fuck just took out Joe's Crab Shack in a hail of fire and iron.
>>
>>47952104
>Faking an act of terrorism to cover a robbery

I've seen this movie.
>>
>>47952116
Really? Because I haven't. I guess great minds think alike.
>>
>>47951942
Gonna need a conclusion on this one boss.
>>
File: Temp.jpg (78 KB, 350x547) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
78 KB, 350x547
>>47952136
>>
File: 1428135470266.jpg (325 KB, 680x480) Image search: [Google]
1428135470266.jpg
325 KB, 680x480
>>47952160
Reminds me of this.
>>
File: 2gdrtRE.jpg (341 KB, 733x1024) Image search: [Google]
2gdrtRE.jpg
341 KB, 733x1024
>>47952216
Army Of Darkness is Captain Supermarket in Japan.
>>
>>47952216
>He has no shoes!
Japan gets the important plot points down.
>>
File: 1428471841374.jpg (290 KB, 1000x617) Image search: [Google]
1428471841374.jpg
290 KB, 1000x617
>>47952371
>>47952395
>>
>>47952104
How long you staying in Honduras? Because it won't just be local heat. You'll not only have local cops and corps, but also the corps international assets, as well as the feds looking into it. As soon as that bomb goes off, the calls get made that people need to get there. In 2072, those calls get made a lost faster.
>>
File: Page22mh.jpg (88 KB, 800x872) Image search: [Google]
Page22mh.jpg
88 KB, 800x872
>>47952498

Oh God I kekked

>Reluctant Hero is extremely unlucky to keep ending up in these horrible predicaments!

Yeah, you could definitely say that.
>>
Question: When charging into Combat and using two melee weapons do i get a net +2, a net +0 or +2/-2 to my attacks?

I am asking because you get a -2 on *all* actions while running, but you get a +4 for charging into melee. Do i get this as long as i am considered running, is the bonus split between the two attacks or is it only for the first attack?
>>
>>47953132
I say it'd be +2/+0 because 186 explains that while charging you can ignore the -2 penalty while running, and the bonus and penalty offset for the offhand.

On the other hand, you could take that -2 penalty if you wanted to and make it +0/-2, but why would you want to do that?
>>
>>47953225
Thats strange, because on Page 162 its given as a +4 while still keeping the -2 from running...

>P. 162
>Characters who are running take a –2 dice pool modifier to all actions performed while running (except for Sprinting). Characters charging into melee combat gain a +4 dice pool modifier (making a net bonus of +2 when combined with the general penalty) when running into melee combat.

but as you said, page 186 says something else:
>P. 186
>Attacker making charging attack +2
>This bonus is gained on any melee attack made while the attacking character is considered running (see Movement, p. 161). Along with receiving this bonus, attackers can ignore the customary –2 penalty to skill checks made when running.

Fucking Catalyst, you shouldn't cheap out on editors. Let me dig through the German version to see if that clears it up...
>>
>>47953290
The way I see it, for most melee/unarmed is already the sick sister option in combat, so why not throw a little their way?

Adepts get it a little better, as do trolls. Hell, a troll with a reach 1 weapon is basically doing a Semi-Auto burst with each complex Melee attack.
>>
>>47953305
I guess so. The German version unfortunately didn't clear it up either.
>>
Just read the small units tactics skill, seems pretty operator.
How many members do you need in a team for it to be worth it?
>>
>>47953336
I wish that it did. On the other hand, it got me to crack open the main book, get back to work on this Mys-Adept, and also look up if my silly idea for spy-drone security would work.

And yes, it will work with a normal mage. And if you're lucky, it'll even be totally free each time. I'd say "At last, a use for alchemy," but for all with astral perception that's reagent gathering. It's all a question of money efficiency.
>>
>>47952705
Don't be an idiot. Those calls get made slower if at all. There's no international cooperation, and most of the new nations don't even have extradition treaties.
>>
/srg/ are sniper rifles supposed to be overpowered?

cause in my last game one of my players one shot'ed a Force 4 spirit using Gel rounds
>>
File: Antimage.png (107 KB, 1320x803) Image search: [Google]
Antimage.png
107 KB, 1320x803
How viable is an anti-mage mage? I'm thinking of making one built around banishing/counterspelling, with some health and manipulation spells.
>>
>>47954098
Honestly, Force 4 is the very lowest point on the spirits are scary scale. 8 Hardened Armor won't immediately stop much, and the sixteen or so dice (and two auto successes) still make it rather squishy once you get into the heavier weapons.

And while Force 5 is scarier, it's not till Force 6 or 7 that you really need to arm yourself for anti-heavy armor tactics as opposed to just a nasty weapon.
>>
>>47954098
They're niche weapons, but powerful in that niche.
>>47954158
Counterspelling is good and useful for the team, banishing less so. From what I recall, it's generally better to just shoot the spirit or whatever. Would you be the team's ONLY mage? There are quite a few good spells in health and manipulation, but there are also some 'mandatory' ones in other categories.
You could almost certainly make it work. Might not be the most optimal mage ever, but maybe your group doesn't need the most optimal mage ever.
>>
>>47954158
To add one thing to what >>47954205 said. If there's another mage, then if you time things right, you can banish a spirit and the other mage can then get favors off it.

Which in the right circumstances can be nasty.
>>
File: Seal of Solomon.png (438 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
Seal of Solomon.png
438 KB, 2000x2000
>>47954205
>>47954214
I probably would be the only mage, though someone else is undecided if they are going MysAd or just adept. I'm going to make a support mage anyways, I was just wondering how far I could push it in 'playing defense only'.
>>
>>47954265
If the other person doesn't go Mys-Adept, then I'd suggest just taking a combat spell or two and reserving them for anti-spirit purpose.

One Direct Mana and one Indirect Element would be generally good choices.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.