[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA thread #90!: IT'S OVER NINE HUNDREEED! Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47836681
>>
>>47843595
Wait. We went back in time?!

WE'RE BACK AT THREAD 90?!
>>
Heh, over 90!...
>>
ONE JOB
>>
>Jump 50: A Certain Scientific Railgun
>The Fool, reversed (Foolhardy adventuring and lack of interest in critical matters.)
>Age: 13
>Location: Academy City
>Identity: Student (-50)
>Drawbacks: Power Dampener (+200), Permanent Child (+300)
>Power: Clairvoyance
This will be the first chain where I did NOT get Teleporter. But this has definite potential.
>Slice of Life (Free, Student)
Now this is a perk I am going to get WAY more mileage out of than anyone suspects. Just to enjoy my time jumping.
>Formal Training (1350)
I hope this includes training in more than just my power, just so I can observe things that are done with other powers and apply it toward the other abilities I have. It won't change what they can do, just permit me to use them more creatively.
>Motivated (1200, Student)
I would argue I was already motivated, but this just pushes it further.
>Doubled Growth Rate (900)
My ability may not be flashy, but the faster it grows, the more useful it will be. Not just here, but wherever my next jump is.
>Hard Science (600, Student)
There are a number of cool things that can be done in Academy City, but being able to grant esper powers sounds incredibly useful for many reasons and I plan to give them out like candy. Thanks to magic, I can PROBABLY fix anything that I screw up. Probably.
>Malleable Reality (0)
Creative use of clairvoyance? Remote viewing, using objects to view things/places/people that they're related to, and someone suggested using it to get complete knowledge of the internals of a person or object... combined with Hard Science, this means
a near-zero chance of screwing up, and even figuring out the effects that will be given before I get it mastered.
>Micromanipulators (Free, Student)
Speaking of things useful for such a surgery...

My only regret is that I can't fit into my shiny new power armor from Minecraft. :<
>>
>>47843595
i think thats the furthest we have ever been from the correct edition number.
>>
"Oi, oi. Accelerator, right?"
"How the... what do you want?"
"You know that you can't just go around killing people. Clones are people."
"... Do you really think you can stop me? You would look scary, if you weren't a midget, and I know how weak your power is. Get out of my way."
"Pff. Power is not an end in itself, only a means to an end. You know life is not an RPG game on a computer, right? All you'll get is a reputation as a psycho and people will want to kill you to remove your threat against the world."
"No one will be capable of defeating me! Stand aside!"
"You're using logic. People don't use logic, they use their feelings. You're just killing in the hopes that no one will be able to kill you, but if you're going to do that, you can't stop at twenty thousand. There are another seven billion lives you will need to end to be sure of that."
"..."
"Tell you what. Why don't we go get some ice cream and talk it over?"
"Are... you serious? Ice cream?"
"Sure. It does not look like you've had a good day, and ice cream always makes things better. Except when you screw up the thread edition."
"Wait what?"

FUCK!
>>
>>47843614
Mass Effect when?
>>
>>47843632
I could have sworn I typed 901: etc but I typed 90!: etc because I hit shift too early. >.<
>>
>>47843614
It's just a jump to the left...
>>
Lets just say the one got a little too excited.
>>
>>47843614
Back through time... to fight the shitposting foe!
Back through time, where our chain must now go!
Eight hundred threads into the past,
Our destiny is here at last!
For waifus and choice points we will ride!
>>
>>47843621
Worst power.
>>
>>47843705
We ride together!
>>
>>47843705
>>47843614

GOOD!

Let's stop Reborn or other people from making terrible jumps of popular settings
>>
>>47843706
It's better if you get it in Index. With Index. Read the Vatican library remotely. You need mad regen though.
>>
>>47843706
That's why I'm trying to get as much mileage out of it as I can. Who needs eyes when you have clairvoyance?
>>
>>47843705
FOOLISH JUMPER! YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH A PORTAL IN TIME! TO A LAND WHERE MY SHITPOSTING IS LAW!
>>
>>47843706
It has poscog that is really rare in chain and its good postcog. I'd rate it third personally.
>>
>>47843621
You took clairvoyance without precog. . . way to waste combo potential.
>>
>>47826299
8 SBurb
Age 11
Harley/English
Elaborate castle-like structure with steeples, arches, and a bridge, set on a large cliff
Derse
Seer of Light
Dream Jumper, Alchemization -200,
God Tier -800,
Sylladex, Fetch Modus(Array), and Strife Specibus(Cardkind), Alchemy Machines -100, Symbol Shirt, Chunk of Uranium, Eclectic Bass,
Multiplayer(Noivern[Tarja(Drop-In, Prospit, Maid of Light, Heir Conditioning, EctoBiologist -200, Soundtrack/Themesong -50, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array], and Strife Specibus[Dicekind], Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Collection of Really Terrible Movies, Colonel Sassacre's Daunting Text of Magical Frivolity and Practical Japery, Faygo -50, A Tablet with Homestuck on it. -50, A Copy of ~ATH - A Handbook for the Imminently Deceased -100, Veil Ectobiology Lab -150)],
Ninetales[Hikaru(Harley/English, Derse, Page of Hope, Dream Jumper, Weird Time Shit -100, Alchemization -200, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array], and Strife Specibus[Whipkind], Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Chunk of Uranium, Eclectic Bass, Portable Computers -50, Transportalizer pads. -100, Skaian Battleship -150)],
Rotom[Allspark/Alice(Drop-In, Prospit, Heir of Mind, Heir Conditioning, Mobius Double Reacharound -400, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array], and Strife Specibus[Swordkind], Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Collection of Really Terrible Movies, Colonel Sassacre's Daunting Text of Magical Frivolity and Practical Japery, Portable Computers -50, Apiculture Networking -50, Trollian Client -100)],
Honchkrow[Branwen(Drop-In, Derse, Thief of Void, Heir Conditioning, Heir Transparent -300, Vision Jumpfold[Eightfold]-200, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array], and Strife Specibus[Bowkind], Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Collection of Really Terrible Movies, Colonel Sassacre's Daunting Text of Magical Frivolity and Practical Japery, Liv Tyler, The Bunny In A Box -100)],
Continue
>>
Guys. I have a question of the ages.

A question of grave importance.

One that could upset and destroy the very flow of time itself in all of reality.

Is it "Drop-In" or "Drop In"?
>>
>>47843767
Ditto[Rei(Strider/Lalonde, Prospit, Witch of Heart, Coolkid, Robotics -200, God Tier -400, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array], and Strife Specibus[Boardkind(Surf/Skate/Etc.)], Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Amber-Preserved Dead Things, Zazzerpan the Learned)],
Venusaur[Kissiae(Drop-In, Derse, Sylph of Life, Heir Conditioning, EctoBiologist -200, God Tier -400, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array], and Strife Specibus[Gunkind], Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Collection of Really Terrible Movies, Colonel Sassacre's Daunting Text of Magical Frivolity and Practical Japery)],
Gardevoir[Cassie(Harley/English, Prospit, Seer of Time, Dream Jumper, Weird Time Shit -100, God Tier -400, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array, Capacity upgrade], and Strife Specibus[Scythekind]-50, Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Chunk of Uranium, Eclectic Bass, Portable Computers -50)],
Yui[Rei's Twin(Female, Strider/Lalonde, Prospit, Mage of Space, Coolkid, Smooth Sylladex -100, Grimdarkness -300, Sylladex, Fetch Modus[Array, Capacity upgrade], and Strife Specibus[Wandkind]-50, Alchemy Machines, Symbol Shirt, Amber-Preserved Dead Things, Zazzerpan the Learned, Rocket board/pack/shoes -50, Fenestrated Planes -100)])-200,
I Warned You About Stairs Bro +100, Crippled(Arm and Eye)+100, Mutant(Green Blood)+100,
This world is strange, and for some reason my arm and one of my eyes is gone and I'm bleeding. My blood is green? What am I a vulcan? Nope, my ears aren't pointy. This isn't right. Oh well, lets fix this up and we'll need to get some replacements made. Oh god now I'm in a game and nothing makes sense. Whats this bull about frogs and since when does Rei have a twin? She isn't even a pokemon. Lets just get on with it.
Continue
>>
File: both.gif (529 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
529 KB, 500x333
>>47843775
>>
>>47843775
It's spelled "Shit taste"
>>
File: Aku.jpg (55 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Aku.jpg
55 KB, 256x256
>>47843595
>>47843614
>>47843666
>>47843747
LONG AGO IN AN ANCIENT THREAD, I AKU THE SHITPOSTING MASTER OF DARKNESS UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE BAIT. BUT A FOOLISH NOSELESS WIZARD WIELDING A MAGIC WAND STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME. BEFORE THE FINAL SPELL WAS CAST, I TORE OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE WHERE MY BAIT IS LAW! NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO RETURN TO THE PAST TO UNDO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU.
>>
Reposting best waifu.

This is what happens if you beat hard mode!

Also, you benefit most or least from breaking the Deadlight just before final boss, assuming you can beat him?

Also, tips for beating him?
>>
>>47843761
...clairvoyance gives precog in itself, just not right away. I'm going for the swiss army night approach instead of the folded-thousand-times approach.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d11)

>>47843767
>>47843789
1 Kancolle
2 Terminator
3 Devil May Cry
4 Iji
5 Hyperdimension Neptunia
6 Pokemon Conquest
7 Girlchan
8 Red Dwarf
9 Underworld
10 Jurassic Park
11 Shadowrun
>>
>>47843815
>Best waifu
>no pic

Sounds about right.
>>
File: Aku static.gif (966 KB, 320x175) Image search: [Google]
Aku static.gif
966 KB, 320x175
>>47843666
Damn it, Noseless satan. This is the exact opposite of my plan!
>>
File: image.jpg (620 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620 KB, 700x1050
>>47843815
Fucked up pic
>>
>>47843775
Either or
I personally go Drop-in, but it's up to choice.

>>47843811
Yours is more accurate, mine is better
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 275x183
>>47843811
>>
>>47843817
When it is combined with the Precog perk you get complete bullshit levels of pseudo plot armor.
>>
>>47843829
Pokemon Conquest. Other than that their are pokemons I know nothing of this place. I either need a new 6 or the queue goes back down to 10.
>>
File: Nothing.jpg (8 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
Nothing.jpg
8 KB, 204x247
>>47843815
>This is what happens if you beat hard mode!

Sounds about right, actually.
>>
>>47843843
Nah, Baby said I could keep her flat if I wanted.

Small lithe girls superior.
>>
>>47843815
>Also, you benefit most or least from breaking the Deadlight just before final boss, assuming you can beat him?
Nope. Apparently if you don't break it by the time Part 2 rolls around the Deadlight becomes indestructable and you're locked in.

If you break it, you also apparently get a shitton of time taken away from you, only getting a few months to fix the ship instead of decades.

>Also, tips for beating him?
Be Red and wank it until everyone accepts you beat it, because that's the wrong path and breaking the Deadlight is badwrongfun.
>>
>>47843811
So, um. Related to that.

I did a bunch of rolls and had a huge fight in Samurai Jack. End result? My arm is now literally Aku, forced into a weird homeostasis due to a bunch of light and anti-possession perks. But he's sustained via Jenova cells from FF7's Soldier First Class.

How badly did I fuck up.
>>
>>47843862
10 is better.
>>
>>47843904
fine with me, and you spoke up before anyone could suggest anything so ten it is.
>>
>>47843815
You can only break the Deadlight during the initial time when the Light is in the Warp Storm. As for beating Orikan, I suggest precognition-immunity and the ability to harm immaterial foes. Those two together mean he can't dodge your initial attack and gets instagibbed.
>>
>>47843898
I hope you have some way to stop him from climbing off your body or turning into a tree, because shit's gonna get real if he ever gets loose.
>>
>>47842226
Penny Dreadful

Gunslinger
28 years old
Man of Action 600
Exhibition Shooter
Lupus Dei 750
Huntsman 1150
An Inner Clockwork 1350
Holster 1450
Companion 1500
Leeroy: Gunslinger, Exhibition Shooter, Huntsman
Creation 1300
Beloved 1000

This one has a way better balance to it.

Took Man of Action as it's a neat capstone and makes you more powerful when you really need to be.

Lupus Dei makes wolves and dogs obedient and gives me a wolfman form. Mostly in it for the woofs.

Huntsman is also strong and I'm mostly using it as I've got a spear I throw about quite a lot.

An Inner Clockwork is really cool and I had the idea for the perk a while before I'd decided to make this jump. There's a lot of things out there that do the opposite of this and stop fate having an impact but something that lets the plot go on as normal without your direct intervention is really valuable.

Holster I took because I had 100 CP left over. Useful for stuff with really rare ammo I guess and pretty convenient to have generally.

Leeroy gets another import, this time as another shooter. I'm probably going to need him to survive the drawbacks.

Combination of drawbacks and how much I like An Inner Clockwork for other settings means I'm going to have to put quite a bit of thought into where to stick this into the chain. Inclined to go in relatively early (albeit with some anti corruption/mind control stuff) as it makes the Creation a little easier to deal with as I can just take it out with modern/super weaponry. Leeroy is a lot less squishy and a lot more competent than I am to start with anyway as he's an Archer cyborg/ Venture Bros secret agent so it may just be a case of getting him to handle it. Beloved is a strange one as none of the major players actually want you dead which is a bit of an oversight really. Still don't want to get got by Dracula or Lucifer though and it shoves me right into the plot.
>>
>>47843894
>Be Red and wank it until everyone accepts you beat it, because that's the wrong path and breaking the Deadlight is badwrongfun.

I can't tell what side you're fucking on, because I've seen arguments that it's both the best and the worst route and you could be just a shitposter for all I know.

Am I biting the bait.
>>
>>47843815
You can only break the Deadlight when you get the option.

Any other time, it gets plot armor and you can't do shit to it.

I sacrificed the LoT in its entirety to bring the entire dyson sphere he was fucking around with into the Warp. Have fun with daemons, you god-wannabe fuck.

Made sure to have the Choir in there too. Fucking disgusting garbage people.

Since I wasn't there (and by extension, Cultist-chan) I got the reward that cleans her up too.
>>
>>47843930
>Am I biting the bait.
Yes.
>>
File: Aku.png (43 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
Aku.png
43 KB, 403x403
KNOW THAT ONE DAY, FOOLISH JUMPERS, THAT MY SHITPOSTING WILL RULE! AN ENDLESS SEA OF ARGUMENTS AND FIGHTS! AND ON THAT DAY YOU WILL KNOW THE EVIL THAT IS. JUSTICE!
>>
>>47843943
FUCK.
>>
>>47843929
>Leeroy
Worst name.
>>
>>47843860
There are other perks in the chain that give the same though.
>>
>>47843930
No, I'm pretty serious. I've yet to see a plausible reason for beating Orikan since Babs hyped him up to be a time god who can even wreck high-grade Jumpers even while the C'tan are gnawing at his throat, and you've got three of them to deal with.

It's as bad as the Age of Ice DLC, only your reward is a broken light bulb that grandma would yell at you for.
>>
>>47843930
You are, in fact, the fish at the end of the line.
>>
>>47843989
Hence why you should just ignore Babylon's whining and decide what seems to be more reasonable yourself.
>>
>>47843936
... That's meta and knowing beforehand what will happen in jump, but if you yourself can see future... It is legit.

As for those who don't wanna break Deadlight? Correct me but isn't Cultist chan created to be your companion, thus she doesn't exist before, thus you can make her yourself later but without blessings?
>>
>>47843989
Worm has everything you need. Spanner In The Works plus Sting means he dies in the middle of his smarmy monologue about how you're so predictable.
>>
>>47843953
ebon, simply ebon
>>
>>47843989
No Drawback or Scenario should be actually impossible. In my opinion at least.
>>
File: Kon sneak.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kon sneak.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>47843621
>>47843817
>Reverse Fool
>Clairvoyance
>Swiss army anything
Cool!
>>
>>47844018
Well, sure. If you want to just make a perfect companion there's nothing stopping you. Very few people build their own companions, though.
>>
>>47843928
For now, he seems content to mocking me and the rest of the party while hamming it up as much as possible.

Still, I don't see this ending well.
>>
I just feel bad the first part of LoT's companion dies if you break Deadlight... And then I realize.

Just ressurect that fuck with jumper powers
>>
>>47843986
Not really, I would say the opposite. There are many precognition and clairvoyance perks that could take the place of Clairvoyance in this combo but Prem Precog is rather important for it.
>>
>>47844019
Too bad Orikan no-sells it because you can't do shit without the C'tan carrying you.
>>
>>47844049
Chaos consumes their soul.
>>
File: h-he's fast!.webm (3 MB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
h-he's fast!.webm
3 MB, 405x720
Lemme ask you all a question.
Why do you care?

Why all the fucking arguments? All of this is going on in your /head/. It's not real. None of it's real. People come here to tell/read stories or learn about settings they don't already know about. Why do some of you care so much about what's going on in someone else's chain?

>they're cheating waah
Does it really matter that much to you?
>>
>>47844049
Permadeath, can't do squat.
>>
>>47844071
Except he doesn't, because Sting ignores the way he no-sells things. So he just dies.
>>
>>47844049
Nope. People asked about that. Babs shut it down saying they're permagone. Soul's destroyed, body's erased, literally nothing left. Cessation of Existence.
>inb4 Magicka
>>
>>47844093
Fuck off, shitposter.
>>
>>47844078
Fuck.

>>47844066
You can do it while he is still stupefied by Cultist chan breaking it tho

>>47844046
Jumpers, you love your waifus.

I CRAFT waifus
>>
>>47844093
F off u faggit
>>
>>47844019
you forgot the god of war interrupt monologue perk. is there a perk to taunt villains into monologues?
>>
>>47844093
Whoo, waddle dee phased through reality
>>
>>47844049
MAGICKA IS THE HONEY BADGER OF REZ-

>>47844104
D'ooohohooy.
>>
>>47844066
Well, I'll just have to survive without it then. Or can a jumper's esper ability still change over time without malleable reality?
>>
>>47842482
There are always portals from minecraft and the ability from God of War. Forget what it's called though.
>>
>>47844048
> Still, I don't see this ending well.
He's apparently some kind of cast off remnant of a primordial entity of darkness, fallen to earth. Which he then took over and continues to control with an iron fist despite it being filled with magical superscience. And now you're saying he has Jenova cells in him?

Yeah, I just, I hope you can keep a lid on him is all.

At least he's fun to listen to.
>>
>>47844046
Actually i make about half of mine
>>
>>47844139
It might but that still wouldn't give you a perk that you didn't buy.
>>
How does SMT fusing cathedral thingy work if the fusees got Stands.

Same question about Gem fusion from Steven universe
>>
>>47844147
Referring back the Shadow Ops from that discussion. . . Can Negramancy be used to dissolve incoming bullets or otherwise get used at a distance?
>>
>>47844219
The Stands probably combine, too. There's precedent for people's Stands merging when they merge.
>>
So I'm considering changing the way the X-Men Movies handles powers. The plan is to have it so that if you roll for your power, they're the same price they are now, but if you choose a power, they're 100-200CP more expensive.

I know this will affect builds, but I'd prefer to have it work that way. Thoughts?
>>
>>47844126
Use time fuckery to retrieve their soul before Chaos consumes.

And if that don't work, use time fuckery to duplicate their soul and paradox the version being nommed by Chaos out of existence so they don't get shit.

And if that don't work, make a mutated Sburb paradox clone to take their place at the time of death, then use Time powers to have it fade out of existence upon interacting with itself and doom the timeline immediately before the jump ends. I know jack about Homestuck so this one probably doesn't work.
>>
File: 1465515520334.jpg (29 KB, 392x374) Image search: [Google]
1465515520334.jpg
29 KB, 392x374
>>47844123
Please tell me why you're so mad, anon.
Let it all out.
>>
>>47844259
Ah shit, forgot my name.
>>
RePosting 2: Post Harder

>So, question about Soul Eater's Black Blood companion. Specificaly, the "permanently bound to your body" part. What, exactly, does it means, both for you and said companion?
>Can they still be imported normally afterwards?
>Can they separate from you by using altforms?
>Do they benefit from perks that affect your blood/body?
>...there was more, but I forgot it now. Fuck.

And I still don't remember whatever the last question was. C'mon brain, get your shit together.
>>
>>47844260
Doesn't matter, I proposed those same things back then, too. Babs shot them all down. He doesn't like people interrupting his scenarios.
>>
>>47844259
No. It affects builds and is an unnecessary change.
>>
>>47844259
Please no. It sounds like that'll just jack up prices for no reason
>>
>>47844253
I got three Dantes, each from different jump.

Not sure if their stands would be different. Different jumps, but also different experiences past certain points. Fuck
>>
>>47843972
Called Leeroy Jenkins which started as a not particularly funny joke due to him being the person I rely upon to rush into things and die quite a lot. Now I'm just used to it.
>>
>>47844281
See, scenarios are good. Up till the maker of em acts like that
>>
>>47844259
Dear fucking god no.

That achieves nothing other than force people to pay more for what they actually want.
>>
>>47844133
Not yet, as far as I know. I have that exact perk listed for the jump I'm currently making through.
>>
>>47844307
It's best to think of it less like a scenario and more like a story where you're just along for the ride. You can choose what specific rewards you pick up but the jump tells you what actions you take in the end.
>>
>>47844259
I do have to say, I'm very much not in favor of that change.

Unless, perhaps, you could present a convincing argument for it? I would be quite happy to consider it if there is a valid one.
>>
>>47844259
There's no point, it's already expensive enough.
This is supposed to be a CYOA, not a RYOA.
Please don't remove the freedom of the current system.
>>
>>47844259
Please no. cp is tight enough as it is and the perks will jsn't get ignored if powers cost more than they do now.
>>
>>47844284
>>47844288
>>47844316
You honestly don't think i handed out Omega Powers too cheaply? It feels kind of skeezy, and a roll would better reflect the fact that powers are random
>>
>>47844351
you did, but everybody's gotten attached to their powers.

It's too late.
>>
>>47844350
just. not what ever the hell i was trying to spell there
>>
>>47844351
You didn't, no. They're fine.

Is someone yelling in your ear about it? There's always someone around who claims something is too strong compared to other settings. Always, no matter what.
>>
>>47844351
No, I feel the prices are balanced fine as they are, expensive enough to make me think a long while about my build and make a few sacrifices, but not as much as to make me feel as though it was unfair.
>>
>>47844351
You did and it would but it's too late to change anything by now. At least it is if you're limiting things, the hypocrites around here would fall over themselves to thank you if you made them stronger. Just how it is here.
>>
>>47844351
They cost 800 points, yes you get some points for powers but that basically just amounts to a discount on one of the bigger powers when none of them have discounts available.
>>
I feel like Cultist Chan is too small...

How do I make her huge
>>
>>47844400
I always wonder why people like you stick around.
>>
>>47844281
>>47844307
>>47844334
Well, if the last two work at all, you can still do it by applying Umineko logic to it.

There's some time off the rails at the end, so you can time travel in order to replace the soul at the very end and bring them back.

The scenario- the detective which oversees the truth- isn\t on you at that point in time. If you do it right, you won't break internal consistency as past-you won't be able to bring them back in their own time because you'll have done time fuckery to remove the real them from that point in time, and clone-them will be destroyed because TIME PARADOX.

>>47844351
All of the Omega powers are crazy strong, and useful even if there's overlap with what other jumps give. Doing that changes nothing other than force people to pay more for what they want, rather than what's useful.

I know I'm repeating myself, but fuck.
>>
>>47844351
It's less that they are too cheap, though they are in my personal opinion, and more that there are two issues
1)Only some powers can be upgrades
2)Some of the upgrades are, frankly, ridiculous. Like Omega Healing Factor, which basically makes threat of Death in-chain a non-factor.

But I'm no expert, and the jumps I've made are shit-tier. So don't take my opinions too much to heart
>>
>>47844412
See >>47843843
>>47843815
>>
>>47844412
Growth from YJ or any of the other waifu bed perks.
>>
>>47844351
They are effectively around the same cost as similar jumps with comparable abilities. the system that you used means that they don't cost excessive amounts so long as you get one but your jump has the lowest cp cap of any of the jumps with similar powers on offer so people can get around the same powers in them.
>>
>>47844259
I don't care.
>>
>>47844383
>Is someone yelling in your ear about it?
No, I just kind of regret the way I did it and was planning to update the jump anyway.

Oh well, the thread has spoken, I guess. I'll leave it as it is.
>>
>>47844434
>They are effectively around the same cost as similar jumps with comparable abilities.
Which are these?
>>
>>47844351
Coulda shoulda woulda, Cracker.

If you had put that out at the start, most people woulda been cool with it.
But now things have settled, and doing this would wreck builds and deprive us of choice.

I urge you not to go through with this.

Besides, it really is fine the way it is now, it's all appropriately priced and balanced.

>>47844447
Honestly the only thing I can think of that you could improve upon is expanding the 'if you buy this at alpha/omega/etc.' list.
>>
>>47844351
A rolling thing wouldn't even help, the problem with the jump is that you can easily get powers that are greater than nearly anything demonstrated in the movies. It was a skeevy move to put in a 'regen from a drop of blood' perk in at all as that's upper end comic level nonsense and the movies just aren't like that.

It's way too late to change now though.
>>
>>47844447
Is there any possibility to get additions from the Apocalypse movie?
>>
>>47844490
You shouldn't respond multiple times.
>>
>>47843898
Terribly. Just remember to put a bag over him when you turbospank it. Otherwise it could be awkward.
>>
>>47844535
Neither should you.
>>
>>47844280
I just treat it as an alt-form, and I do count it as blood.
But it's not like I'm an authority on the matter.
Just how I went about it.
>>
>>47843811

I read that in his voice and it was glorious.
>>
>>47844334
I thought he said you could change the fluff of how you act, just not the challenges you face. This is most important if you break the Deadlight but aren't a fucking douchenozzle like the fluff portrays you as.
>>
>>47844456
arrowverse would be the easiest example the meta perk costs 600 cp allows you to grab a bag of smaller powers or 1 very powerful one and you can add more cp to it to get more.

yj has weaker powers by and large but the discounts menat that you can exceed your omega perks in some cases for similar cp and due to the higherlimit afford perks and items too.

x-men has several very strong powers, 2 very strong items and some great perks you can make a lot of very different builds there with the way it is now because you have just barely enough cp factoring drawbacks to get most of what you want but not anywhere near all the good stuff. also a lot of the powers do cool stuff together and all the options like adaptive evo and self mol would be gone or take everything if you up the prices.
>>
>>47844535
Good thing I didn't then eh?
>>
>>47844049
Put them in a pod.
>>
>>47844543
>it is I, Aku, Shapeshifting Master of WARGLBLRGLBLRGHL
>>
The One True Pirate King - Jump 5 - DC

Interlude 4 - http://pastebin.com/ht0cYimp

Identity: Accident (100)

Abilities:
+ Grow (400)
+ Shapeshifting (550)
+ Mental Resistance (850)
+ Scientist (Free)

Gear:
+ Sidekick (1150)
== Frisk: Mortal, 18, Peak Human Fitness, Fear Toxin, Eldritch Blast, Precise, H-Dial/S-Dial
+ Kryptonite (1200)

Drawbacks:
+ Nemesis (1100) - Catwoman
+ Nemesis (1000) - Joker

Story: N/A

I really ran out of inspiration to write more than a very basic overview for this Jump. I'm a Marvel fan, not a DC one. Still, here are some highlights.

+ Grabbed Batman /really/ early on. (Shadow creature vs. guy who hides exclusively in shadows + Fear Toxin = Gonna have a bad time.)
+ Joker and Catwoman discovered it was me, somehow, and launched into a campaign to do me in. Both had very different reasons and thankfully did not team up. Joker was kind enough to supply some laughing gas, which I'm immune too, but I appreciated having a sample.
+ I built up a reputation for being a grey "Good Guy" because I mainly targeted Super Villians at first. The ones I took stayed very much gone, so most of the Heroes were willing to overlook my methods due to the fact I was /actually/ cleaning up the streets.
+ The major world-busting event of choice was The Dominion Wars. While I was involved, it was not a very major role and mostly involved saving (and then kidnapping) major Heroes who had gotten injured.
+ That's when I started truly kidnapping Heroes in bulk.
+ The H-Dial and S-Dial were mainly used to take on heavy hitters I had no normal right taking on. Even then, my capture rate was something like 60%. A lot of the major players were simply out of my power scale. Still, I took my time, stayed hidden, and struck at opportune moments. I deemed it a rather successful raid, but it was by no means complete. This place has some crazy powerful beings.
>>
>>47844569
Nobody buys that.
>>
>>47844427
>Only some powers can be upgrades
I just didn't bother with the Delta tier powers because they're so hard to scale correctly. I mean, what's Omega-tier Bone Spikes? Shooting them at superluminal speeds?

If people have some good suggestions for them, I'd be happy to include them.

>Some of the upgrades are, frankly, ridiculous. Like Omega Healing Factor, which basically makes threat of Death in-chain a non-factor.
That's true. There are only a handful of people who could reasonably kill you at that point in canon. The higher-drawbacks have plenty, at-least.

>>47844490
>is that you can easily get powers that are greater than nearly anything demonstrated in the movies
Out of honest curiosity, how would you have balanced the Omega Powers around Jean/Xavier/Magneto/Apocalypse's feats? Or would you have just not offered them?

>>47844493
Yeah, that's the plan.
>>
>>47844568
Jesus fuck use the Shift key man.
>>
>>47844550
>This is most important if you break the Deadlight but aren't a fucking douchenozzle like the fluff portrays you as.
Everyone who breaks the Deadlight becomes a douchenozzle. That's just how it is, enjoy your taint trap, Chaosboi.
>>
File: WHARRGARBL.jpg (91 KB, 425x337) Image search: [Google]
WHARRGARBL.jpg
91 KB, 425x337
>>47844577
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>47844581

1. Treasure Planet
2. Sybiote
3. Chronicles of Narnia
4. Toriko
5. Sekirei
6. Touhou
7. Generic Dungeon (Crawler or Builder)
8. Marvel
9. Okami
10. Free Choice.

One of these days this list is going to have more than two settings I know a lot about. This is not one of those days.

Taking Replacements!
>>
>>47844259
Stop. Cease. Desist. Refrain. Reconsider.
>>
>>47844617
Jade cocoon
Mass effect
>>
>>47844259
Please do not change anything. It is fine as is.
>>
>>47844543
>>47844577
I laughed. Damn you, anon.

Good advice tho
>>
>>47844400
>At least it is if you're limiting things, the hypocrites around here would fall over themselves to thank you if you made them stronger.
It's sad how true this is. They'll scream up and down if you even change the color on an item, but any buff is lavished with praise no matter how OC or setting-breaking it is.
>>
>>47844647
Holy cow! Two I know a lot about? You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Though I will have to play Jade Cocoon a bit. It has been years.
>>
>>47844259
NO.
>>
>>47844583
You are a peculiar human being.

>>47844597
Not entirely sure what I would have done with the top tier stuff. It's a weird setting and superpowers are hard to balance anyway. Probably wouldn't have one-upped them with options that make you effectively invulnerable though.
>>
>>47844681
That is not even close to accurate, there was a mass of people shitting on magika because of the jumpmaker using a no limits fallacy for the revive spell.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>47843898
...wait, genuinely curious here: Exactly what series of events led to you getting an arm replaced by Aku?

>>47843989
I'm...just going to ignore the rest of this post and focus on

>Babs hyped him up to be a time god

As far as I know, he's a Necron hopped up with Warp energy which he's channeling through his time technology isn't he? I mean, that is extremely deadly as an opponent but I don't see where you're getting that he's absolutely unbeatable, considering you do, in fact, have C'tan backup. Now, I personally kept the Deadlight intact but it seems to me the advantages you could potentially field include:

-Blank and Viator of Nullspace from the other 40K jump, the former of which shunts aside Warp energies at range when repurchased and the latter of which generally screws with the Warp-which really messes with his gear
-Out of context magic. Stuff like the sorcery of Magi, especially if you supplement it with the perk that makes physical attacks fated to hit in order to prevent him from phasing them out of time. Or Dresden Files-native entropomancy to simply fry his gear with malign probabilities until it malfunctions, or for that matter Winter magic. Or indeed, Heylin magic.
-Any number of Noble Phantasms. Those rated at A++ or above alone could give you some serious firepower, but even those below can work as a nasty sucker punch to inflict wounds that don't heal or never miss or whatnot.
-A miracle from Age of Mythology. Granted none of them would probably kill him but ice and wolves and lightning storms and earthquakes suddenly appearing in his machine would probably surprise him long enough to attack more substantially
-The One Power from the Wheel of Time. Not just balefire, but also Deathgates and Hardened Air.

(list too long, continuing in next post)
>>
>>47844427
You're exaggerating or retarded if you honestly believe that it makes death a non factor. Even in universe, anyone with flame/plasma based powers could kill you pretty goddamn easily, since Omega Healing Factor requires you to have a single drop of blood left, and assuming the jump maker isn't permitting stupid shit like leaving a drop of blood in Spain to allow you to revive from being atomized in the US three days/weeks/centuries later.
>>
>>47844721
Ssh. Anon is just doing his daily whining about the thread. Nothing you say matters, he's already decided on his universal condemnation.
>>
>>47844611
Corruption immunity perks.

That is all.
>>
>>47844681
Bullshit.
>>
>>47844748
>>47844576
>>
>>47844730
He lolnopes Jumper's best shot at the start of the fight.
>>
>>47844730
It's almost like not everyone powergames or minmaxes like Babs thinks everyone does. Nor is everyone you.
>>
>>47844776
He's laying out a strategy. If you think you can't do it, then that's all there is to it. No reason to get offended at people having ideas/plans.
>>
>>47843989
How tough is he supposed to be? Like beyond Primarch level?
>>
>>47844811
>How tough is he supposed to be? Like beyond Primarch level?
The way the text reads? He could probably no-sell the entirety of Terra and then take on all the Daemons trying to pour out of the Golden Throne as an afterthought.
>>
So, to continue from earlier, DOES anyone have any suggestions for allowing people to upgrade the Delta powers or should I just leave it as is?
>>
>>47844835
Meh, just leave it. Too much hassle.
>>
File: ayep.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
ayep.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
-The Super Spin from JoJo, especially if you project it with a more inherently dangerous method than riding a horse
-Sorcery from Blazblue, which has amongst other things been used to seal/disintegrate what was basically a Great Old One in the past.
-Centuries of training in Umbra Witch/Lumen Sage powers, which apart from the substantial fighting prowess boost, enable you to summon a primordial goddess of light or darkness larger than the Fortress itself to personally punch out your enemies
-Quicksilver Style from DMC, to provide at least punitive protection from more complex time shenanigans
-Using Actualisation from FF8 to whip out his worst nightmare, and fuse with it
-Being Mage Lord of one of the more offensively geared Winds from Dogs of War; I'm less sure about this but I was told some of the Winds have mile-wide areas of effect
-Anathema from Smite to force your hits in through his unnatural defences

And this is just stuff, to the best of my knowledge, from before Light of Terra was made. Don't get me started on Pierce and Megidolaon. Or Death Flies/Fire of Sinai/Celestial Ray, or the goddamn Dragon Stream if that's more your style. Or the Thorn Forged to Kill Kings if you'd made it part of your body in the past. Or the right Class and Aspect combination. Or for that matter, a built-in Gravity Beam Emitter.

>>47844597
>>47844351
>>47844259

Also, to give my 2 cents for what they're worth at this stage:

1. I'm indifferent to the prospect of rolling for powers and having to pay to choose them. I suppose it would be accurate to say rolling for powers seems to have fallen out of fashion these days, but then I get where you're coming from with Omega Powers as a choice.

2. To play devil's advocate against myself, I could say that Erik, as an example of an omega power user, initially could be out maneuvered in battle by multiple mutants with less overt powers working together.

(post ran out of of space again)
>>
>>47844730
Sit down ASA, and let me tell you a tale.

So this was jump 8. Previous jumps included Kingdom Hearts, Undertale, FF7, and Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei. So naturally, companions and me came up with the idea to bring down Aku.

First round does not go well. Aku had kept tabs on my jumper shenanigans and his opening move was to slice off my right arm before I could even bust out the many, MANY perks that would hurt him. The companions scrambled to pick up the battle but it turned into a retreat. Notably, Flowey, who had been podded and given a lot of companionship up to this point, turned into Asriel mid-fight.

The arm couldn't be replaced due to Aku nonsense (and a lot of bad rolls), so we ended up coming up with a plan to blast Aku with a Laser Switch...powered by an entire city grid via Plug 'N Play.

We manage to bait Aku by making a huge speech about justice, all that Kamen Rider good stuff and whatnot. This infuriates him and he goes on the attack. The fight goes poorly. Several companions are KO'd and one is nearly fatally wounded.

I fire the laser.

And I miss.

I hope nobody needed that moon.

I fire again, this time risking the area around us.

And I miss again and somehow hit the moon again.

Third time, Aku is just amused by the mounting row of failures and stops to taunt.

That time, I didn't miss.
>>
>>47844835
Just leave it. I think changing things either way at this point will just cause a fuss. It's good as is.
>>
>>47844104
>>47844281
>>47844049
That's total bullshit. Literally everything in LoT is Babylon jerking off about how unbeatable and badass Chaos is, from being able to restrain/barricade the Benefactor, to being able to somehow overpower perks that explicitly work against Absolutes or are Absolutes themselves, and shutting down any plan to work around it in complete and utter contempt of the concept of jumpchain. The whole 'being stronger than a multiversal omnipotent' is especially egregious because it's normally the kind of thing that inspires near-universal vitriol from the thread. Why the fuck does everyone give this asshole a free pass when's he just an asshole railroady fanboy?
>>
>>47844835
I'd say leave it..
>>
>>47844825
Force 682 into a pod and throw him at Orikan?
>>
>>47844873
Because he has a legion of idiot fans who support him no matter what he does.
>>
>>47844854
This didn't actually kill Aku, but it sure pissed him off. Undyne had been doing the bulk of the fighting after everyone fell, and as determined as she was, Undertale monsters were frighteningly frail against genuine evil.

Engaging Aku in a desperate melee after the Laser ran out of juice resulted in being near-fatally wounded. 'Near' being due to DETERMINATION.

Then a Luminaire hits him like a truck.

Gaspar, the Guru of Time, managed to catch Aku flat-footed.

Asriel is the one who deals the final blow, borrowing the Enchanted Keyblade for the occasion.

But remember that Aku nonsense from earlier?

Dude saves himself from death by attaching himself to the hollowed out arm stump. The Jenova cells latch onto the like-minded being and refuse to let go.

But he can't spread or take control, either. Not without some extraordinary circumstances, but considering my luck...

So yeah. Lesson of that jump: Never underestimate setting antagonists.
>>
>>47844873
Just imagine the shitstorms when Black Crusade comes out.
>>
>>47844873
>everyone
I'd hope that all the people posting now show it isn't everyone. I just ignore the stupid bullshit he tries to pull personally, just replace it with some more reasonable alternatives.
>>
File: 9008899.gif (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
9008899.gif
2 MB, 360x360
>>
>>47844835
Venom Claws: At Beta, they extend three meters instead.
Bone Spikes: At Beta, the bones are now supersonic and can be fired more frequently. At Alpha, they can be fired from the top and underside of your wrist, the elbows, the legs, and your back/neck. At Omega, the bones become hypersonic.

>all other responses are telling you to leave it as-is
I'll just stop now, then.
>>
>>47844873
Personally, I think it was an inventive Jump. True, it was a little railroading, but at least it was something a little different. It inspires me to write a hell of a lot more than some of the other Jumps we have around here. I like the direction it took and I would literally welcome anything else like it with open arms.

Sealing the Jump Coordinator away for a little while would be good for the spoiled multiversal entity.

>>inb4 legion of fans coming out of the woodwork!
>>
>>47844873
Because back then, people didn't see how he actually was as a being.

And to think we shat on the people who disagreed with him in ye olden days.
>>
>>47844893
682 can survive anything, not kill anything, and even his ability to survive crap is a stupid meta thing at this point.
>>
>>47844944
>Sealing the Jump Coordinator away for a little while would be good for the spoiled multiversal entity.
Clearly you weren't around for the shitstorm with Dishonored.
>>
File: eh.png (139 KB, 399x330) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
139 KB, 399x330
>>47844597
3. As for the Omega Powers-well, now that we have the benefit of hindsight it seems to me Apocalypse's presence would make a capstone booster of some sort appropriate.

So-perhaps, I'd either only offer lesser powers or offer forms of Xavier and Erik's powers based on their feats in the earlier movies (I probably wouldn't have offered Jean's though, and En Sabah Anur seems like the sort of thing that could only be balanced internally by being offered at a lesser degree at some sort) but I'd have something fluffed like "You were bopped on the head by Apocalypse, awakening your true power as a mutant, oh shit dawg" to raise one power to the later movies' powerlevel.

4. I think the telekinesis power is fine, at least. If I'm understanding it right, it's supposed to be a bit of a jack of all trades between Jean's and Quicksilver's powersets, especially since it seems to take a considerable time of training to master? I mean, as long as it's made clear you don't have a phoenix crammed in your psyche.
>>
>>47844835
Phasing- longer duration, can bring more stuff with you, can telefrag people without becoming a cronenberg
Precognition- ability to go into a trance and see longer into a future maybe? Perhaps a sort of lead-up to the tingly sensation so you have more time to prepare
Venom Claws- sharper and more durable, reaching crazy levels, maybe more control over what your venom does, maybe ability to turn it into acid instead?
Wall-Crawling- easy way would be to just increase the amount of weight you can gain, could be useful with certain builds. In addition, maybe increase your kinesthetic sense
Bone spikes- can make spikes from anywhere in your body, ability to become a "bone-bomb", also maybe increase control over the structure of bones so you can make a bone grappling hook or something.
Super-vision- vision good enough to look up in the sky and see planets with detail, look at a tissue sample and see cells or maybe even atoms at higher levels.
>>
>>47844897
Fortunately for you he'd be left behind leaving you one arm short, unless you decided to pod the bad guy posing as your arm.
>>
Babylon is like a really shitty, flawed version of Dirge. They both make the same style of jumps but where Dirge gives freedom of choice, Babylon railroads. Where Babylon gives completely unhinted at screw yous and limits to powers, Dirge gives a thousand more options to pick from.

It's too bad we didn't lose Babylon and keep Dirge, instead of the other way around.
>>
>>47844978
Oh and maybe super vision could give you 360 degree vision or maybe even omnidirectional vision
>>
>>47844968
Or Dark Sun.
>>
File: 1466218441815.png (341 KB, 712x873) Image search: [Google]
1466218441815.png
341 KB, 712x873
>>47836313
63. Kingdom Hearts

- Background: Wielder [700 left]
- Race: Human
- Tema Del Jumper [Free]
- Tema Di Mondi [600 left]
- JRPG Style [Free]
- A Heart To Call My Own [300 left]
- Magical Potential [Free]
- Hit It [Free]
- Choose Wisely (Sword) [Free Wielder]
- Dive Into The Heart [Free Wielder]
- Don't Ever Change [Discount Wielder] [150 left]
- Battle at the Centre of the Heart [Discount Wielder] [0 left]
- Nomura Brand Outfit [Free]
- Paopu Fruit Seeds [Free Wielder]
- Unlimited Sea Salt Ice Cream [450 Munny left]
- Cool Skateboard [400 Munny left]
- Drive Clothes [300 Munny left]
- Anti-Form [Free Drive Clothes]
- Valor Form [Free Drive Clothes]
- Heart Extraction Device [100 Munny left]
- Wisdom Form [0 Munny left]
- Skipping Rope (+100 Munny) [0 Munny left]
- Struggle Bats (+100 Munny) [0 Munny left]
- Keyblade [Free Wielder]
- Trinity (Import Hawkmon and Mary Lalonde) [Free]
Hawkmon
- Background: Magician
- Race: Funny Animal
- Protect The World Border [Free Magician]
- MP Rage [Free Magician]
- Your Summer Vacation Is Over [1 free 200 CP perk import]
- Cosmic Arts [1 free 300 CP perk import]
- Maniacal Magical Mixes [Discount Magician] [300 left]
- Save The Queen [Discount Local Hero] [200 left]
- Save The Queen+ [0 left]

Mary Lalonde
- Background: Local Hero
- Race: Human
- The Best Defense [Free Local Hero]
- Glide [Free Local Hero]
- Our Hearts Are Connected [1 free 200 CP perk import]
- Percussive Maintenance [Of Friendship] [1 free 300 CP perk import]
- Limit Break [Discount Local Hero] [300 left]
- Save The King [Discount Local Hero] [200 left]
- Save The King+ [0 left]
- Old Friends and Familiar Faces [+0]
- They Come [+0]
- Paopu Pursuer [+100]
- Grinding Loot [+200]
- Forget-Me-Not [0 left]
- Move On

>build too long, Keyblade Supplement build featured in next post alongside next Jump roll
>>
I run with the railroading bits of LoT as just fluff, and non canon when it comes to what my jumper does and what he can/can't do.
>>
>>47845000
Eh. Dirge was also kinda railroady, at least with FF14.
>>
>>47844968
I sure wasn't, but I have looked at the Jump. I like it and can respect it for trying something different while still sticking to the game universe to a certain degree. A little inventiveness added to the Jump Making process can sometimes be a great thing.

Admittedly, sometimes it can be a bad thing too, but I don't think LoT or Dishonored are either examples of this.
>>
>>47845000
I think Babylon is gone as well we haven't seen him in a while.
>>
>>47845000
How/when did we lose Dirge? I must have missed the thread.
>>
>>47844944
It was more than a 'little' railroading.
And it was inventive, sure, but also filled with Love Can Bloom tier cringey bullshit. Like the goddamn trap t-t-tsundere farseer.
>>
>>47844835
i actually thought out how they'd progress in boredom at one point.

Phasing beta lets the jumper treat solids as like water and swim through them as an option and increased.

Phasing alpha builds on that increasing finesse allowing for things like gripping a buiding by phasing your fingers in and again lowers the strain as well as removing the need to breath.

Omega switches it from you are displaced from an object to an object is displaced from you if you unphase inside stuff.

Bones actually has a decent example in kimimaru from naruto on how it scales up.

precog is pretty obvious.

Super vision could start at 360 vision at beta and then move on to being able to move your field of vision at alpha and a range increase at omega.

Venom claws could go a lot of different ways and i will admit to being stumped on wall crawling because gravity manipulation is already an omega unless you wanted a spectrum from one to the other.
>>
>>47845039
I believe it was when he deleted all of his jumps from the drive and not wanting to release them again until he polished them all up again.
>>
>>47845031
Supposedly he's still around after he grabbed Exalted.
>>
I've got a bit of an odd request here, but could someone try to sell me on Keyblades?

I'm agonizing over my build for Kingdom Hearts, and I'm not sure whether to buy a Keyblade, or take a handful of other stuff. What makes them special? Why would I want to take one? I'm not knocking them, Keyblades sound kind of neat, but I'm not sure if they do enough to make me want to take one over the other stuff in the jump that I really want.

Also,
>Buy a Keyblade and then buying Knocking in Toriko
>Combine them to develop a new martial art called "Locking"
>>
>>47845039
That's just it, he vanished without a word and has been gone for a while now, as where he was really consistent about being around.
>>47845060
He was still around after that for a little while though.
>>
>>47844873
You bring it up every thread lately. It's getting dull.
>>
>>47845060
What jumps got deleted?
>>
>>47845076
It's a giant key.
If you stick it in someone, it unlocks their death.
>>
>>47844984
I took 'Watched' so I'm interpreting it as a forcefully-retained drawback. My take on the benefactor is between 'Q' and 'an ever-smiling GM', so it's not out of the question.

It's also not much of a benefit, since this chain has been non-lethal as much as possible. Having a shapeshifting murder arm that could escape is both a problem and interesting story potential.

Besides, tell me you wouldn't want Aku giving a running commentary of Jumper shenanigans.
>>
>>47845096
all of them. All the ones he created.
>>
>>47845096
They got put back.
>>
>>47845116
Ok, what jumps did he make then?
>>
>>47845051
>>It was more than a 'little' railroading.
True, but I was being kind because I like the Jump.

>>Love Can Bloom tier cringey bullshit...
I apologize, but I don't understand that reference. As for the trap farseer, I found it amusing. It wasn't like you were /forced/ to pick that Companions. There were plenty of other choices, each with their ups and downs.
>>
>>47845076
They're magical blades made of pure light, magic, and solidified childish idealism, which makes them anathema to pretty much anything evil or dark or eldritch or you get the idea.

They can lock and unlock physical stuff freely, as is said.

They look baller, and being a Wielder gets you some nice perks part and parcel.

They can unlock the light and/or the darkness in one's heart/soul which... does weird shit.

The rest (unlocking/locking planets, being the chosen one, etc) won't follow you in other jumps, so it probably doesn't matter as much for you here.
>>
>>47845096
Apparently there was a mix up when he was doing stuff with his copies and he decided he just wouldn't bother putting them back until he'd finished updating them. They're back now though.

This is just how I remember it going. I might be wrong.
>>
>>47845148
Actually hold on I'm dumb.

I think some keyblades are made of darkness instead.

No clue how that factors in with their ability to dunderfuck Heartless/Nobodies.
>>
File: contemplative.png (254 KB, 610x520) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
254 KB, 610x520
>>47844767
>Your first attack is quick enough that there are perhaps a handful of entities that could follow it, let alone avoid it
>It passes through Orikan like he's not even there

The text does not, in any way shape or form, state this is your "best shot".

It states, as far as I can determine, that it's your first shot.

Nothing more, and nothing less.

>>47844776
>>47844786
I didn't mean to give off the impression of implying someone would walk into the fight with all those specific options and choices; I was just trying to demonstrate there are a variety of abilities and advantages acquirable throughout the chain that can be used against Orikan which I think are "plausible" reasons for standing a chance in the fight. I'm definitely not advocating minmaxing and powergaming for that specific fight if that would otherwise alter the rest of your story.

Admittedly, SMT wasn't such a good example in hindsight since I can very much understand why people would want to save THAT one for late in the chain if they don't roll it.

>>47844854
>Aku nonsense

I like to think every time you tried to stick a replacement arm on Aku would just leap out of the shadows, turn into a bird-bat-thing and steal it while laughing maniacally

>>47844897
Oof, nasty.

Well, at least you'll have one helluva story to tell whoever you fight in God Hand, assumign you haven't already jumped there.

>>47844893
Also this is kind of like trying to solve a fire ant infestation by pouring parasitic wasps on the problem: You're going to get stung badly just trying to set it up, and it's just going to make things worse when one figures out how to use the other to its' advantage.

>>47844835
I can't think of any good ideas, alas. And I do think it would be rather difficult. I guess that puts me in the "leave it" camp by default, but I'm honestly indifferent on the prospect.
>>
>>47844835
This is probably a really bad time to ask but:
A while ago you said that the omega evolution power PROBABLY wouldn't protect you from souripping from a highfather level being like it did Darwin, implying that it can allow you to adapt from magical/spiritual threats in general.
Can it also adapt to psychic attacks?
Also, can the power allow you to gain shit like teleportation, the way Darwin did, during very very high danger level situations (like fighting the Hulk)?
>>
>>47844942
>Alpha, they can be fired from the top and underside of your wrist, the elbows, the legs, and your back/neck. At Omega, the bones become hypersonic.
See, that's where it falls apart. What's hypersonic bone bullets against controlling the weather or a fundamental force of the universe?

>>47844846
>To play devil's advocate against myself, I could say that Erik, as an example of an omega power user, initially could be out maneuvered in battle by multiple mutants with less overt powers working together.
Oh, you definitely could, too. You start off much weaker, and training the powers to their peak takes a lifetime if you don't have other things to help you along.

>>47844969
>Apocalypse's presence would make a capstone booster of some sort appropriate.
That could have worked. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I wouldn't necessarily be against it. It's probably have worked better than the clumsy upgrade system I used, anyway.

>Jean's and Quicksilver's powersets
Err, can you elaborate?
>>
File: approval.png (222 KB, 610x472) Image search: [Google]
approval.png
222 KB, 610x472
>>47845076
>acquire martial arts nemesis in Wuxia jump
>he spends years developing the perfect martial art to counter your style
>he calls it "Unlocking"

Sorry, I don't know too much about Keyblades either. I just thought keyblade martial arts sounded cool. Especially if your opponent somehow wields a giant lock as his martial arts weapon.
>>
>>47845209
>See, that's where...
You're not wrong.

Honestly, it depends on how much you'd be willing to deviate from the base power with the upgrades.

Out and out autoosteokinesis (like others have suggested) isn't the best thing ever, but it's a swell enough upgrade even if it's reaching considering the base power.
>>
>>47845209
Look man, if you think changing something up will be better in the long run, do it. It's your jump.

You don't see people screaming at Red whenever she rips her jumps apart and rebuilds them from the ground up.
>>
>>47845250
Jesus Christ I've never seen a bigger lie.
>>
>>47845258
Alright then, show me where they bitched when she tore up Resident Evil, Macross, and Bayonetta.
>>
>>47845250
>>47845258
Not just about Red, but in general, holy fuck.
>>
>>47845201
>implying that it can allow you to adapt from magical/spiritual threats in general
Err, I did? I feel like it shouldn't do that. If that's what interpretation you're going with, though, I'd say it should, yeah.

Otherwise I'd say it depends on the type of psychic. It's Ork perfects against anything that affects your physical brain like Worm psychics and maybe normal mutant psychics, but it won't do shit against Doctor Strange.

>Also, can the power allow you to gain shit like teleportation, the way Darwin did, during very very high danger level situations (like fighting the Hulk)?
I'm not so sure about teleportation. What I intended was instead of it being as flexible as comic Darwin at Omega, it'd instead allow you to choose and retain adaptions.
>>
File: second.png (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
second.png
48 KB, 640x480
>>47845258
>>
>>47845209
>See, that's where it falls apart. What's hypersonic bone bullets against controlling the weather or a fundamental force of the universe?
Maybe being able to upgrade your bones? Marvel has some great metals available, and it's pretty useful in some other jumps as well. Would probably have to include ingesting anything as a required secondary to make it work, but that's pretty minor.
>>
>>47845209
Maybe bone could buff your marrow as well, make it difficult to impossible to get sick/run out of blood?
>>
>>47845277
Keep feeling this image would be better as a gif.
>>
File: Transgression.jpg (63 KB, 600x763) Image search: [Google]
Transgression.jpg
63 KB, 600x763
>>47845250
>>
>>47845269
That was because all the updates were massive buffs, adding new capstones and reducing the cost of the previous capstones, along with certain origins.
>>
File: seconded.gif (445 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
seconded.gif
445 KB, 400x267
>>47845299
>>
>>47845316
And in the end we come back to >>47844400
>>
If you ward a place against scrying with one magical system, or encounter one in jump, would another magical system get around it, or would you or your enemies have to overcome it somehow?
>>
>>47845250
The jumpmaker with her own dedicated shitposter who has become a plague on the thread? Fuck off.
>>
>>47845209
Osteokinesis that doesnt work on other living things? I would totally pay 800cp to ride dinosaur skeletons into battle.
>>
File: chuckle.png (227 KB, 595x496) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
227 KB, 595x496
>>47845209
I mean in the sense that the primary attribute of the power is the standard remote manipulation of matter using your mind, but once mastered it also says you can channel telekinesis through yourself to simulate super speed/strength, which made me think of Quicksilver. I'm sure it's not exactly as fast as sweet dreams guy, but it did strike me as something I don't think Jean has done in any of the movies. So it seemed like it was a little inspired by both of them.

Also, are you considering an update to the jump after Apocalypse? I can see reasons both for and against that, really.
>>
>>47845209
>See, that's where it falls apart. What's hypersonic bone bullets against controlling the weather or a fundamental force of the universe?

Tell that to Marquis. That's all he could do and he nearly took over a city. It took a whole team of capes to take his ass down, and that's because he didn't want his kid to get hurt.

Saying that bone powers are worthless compared to weather control or whatever is like saying that Railgun Clairvoyance is objectively worthless.

A power is only worthless when the user is.
That's why Wolverine keeps winning.
Well, that and protagonist syndrome.
>>
>>47845361
>All he could do
Bullshit. His power was far far more then just bone bullets.
>>
>>47845316
We STILL had shitstorms about it.

That's why MCU will never update.
>>
>>47845316
Wait... so >>47844400 was telling the truth all along?
>>
>>47845361
To be fair, Marquis didn't just shoot bone shards, he actually controlled his entire skeleton and could grow it and could hijack other people's bones if he got them into the open.
>>
Wait, am I looking at this right?

Chronicles of Narnia only have complete Perk choices for Drop-In, Narnian, and Ourlander? That can't be right. Can it?
>>
File: DAD JOKES.png (248 KB, 850x451) Image search: [Google]
DAD JOKES.png
248 KB, 850x451
Jumpers, how are you getting ready for father's day?
>>
>>47845395
Not to mention control his own bones ever after being separated from him for a short time.
>>
>>47845414
Oh god why did I laugh at that.
>>
>>47845414
My birthday is the same day so we're both relying on other people to do shit for us.
>>
>>47844944
It's not that LoT is badly written as an adventure, it's that it's a bad jump. Jumpchain is supposed to be about traveling to different worlds and bringing bits and pieces from each along with you, or at worst giving it all up temporarily to be even more skilled with the current universe's powers. LoT takes away all your skills and then forces you to load yourself down with drawbacks to get anything at all from WH40K. The non-deadlight breaking route would literally not be different at all if it were a stand alone CYOA, other than that your character has almost completely useless memories of other worlds. It just does not fit in jumpchain, because you either have to imagine your normal human self fighting off a daemonic invasion or your full powered self fighting an omnipotent superboss created through totally OC bullshit powers. And then it has the gall to actually try to punish you for playing it as a part of Jumpchain by saddling you with a permanent annoying companion. Of course anyone who wanks themselves as beating Orikan will wank themselves as protecting cultish-chan to make her a super waifu, but it's a dick move all the same.

Compare it to the Elder Scrolls werewolf jump someone is making. That's a LoT style jump done right, because it's a gauntlet instead of a regular jump, doesn't have a full power mode that turns you into a bloodthirsty werewolf every full moon for the rest of your life regardless of willpower perks, and isn't going to end with a boss fight against Hircine after he does a magic ritual turning him into a Solar Exalted Endbringer who knows All Fiction.
>>
>>47845414
I've almost got the space boat juuussssttt right.
All it needs is go-faster stripes
>>
File: gawking.png (343 KB, 768x621) Image search: [Google]
gawking.png
343 KB, 768x621
>>47845327
That's a very abstract question. I think that would depend on too many factors to be covered extensively in a single post such as the raw mystic power and knowledge of the magic users involved, the exact way the ward works, the exact way the other magic user's scrying works and whether or not their system or yours has absolute conceptual effects.

As a general answer, I would say whatever makes for the most interesting story since nobody can know for sure exactly what would happen from completely alien magic systems interacting, just infer and guess from how they do operate. To be on the safe side though, I personally would definitely modify the wards with layered protecttions and reinforced conceptual effects against scrying.
>>
>>47845452
Welcome to Gauntlets.
>>
>>47845350
Oh, that's true. I honestly cant remember why I included Tactile Telekinesis into it.

>Also, are you considering an update to the jump after Apocalypse? I can see reasons both for and against that, really.
Yeah. Mostly I just want to flesh out the items section, and maybe add some more perks, too.

Out of curiosity, what are your arguments for and against it?

>>47845361
So I only got through like a third of Worm , and know very little about Marquis beyond who's father he is, but I feel like just because he was damn good at using his power doesn't mean his power was as objectively useful as those of the more powerful capes.

In any case, the suggestions have given me some ideas, so I'm going to try my hand at giving options for the Delta powers in the update and just see how the thread feels about them.
>>
>Metal Gear Solid
>
>Age: 27
>Location: Big Shell, 2009
>Identity: R&D Unit (-100)
>Drawbacks: Weirdness Magnet (+200), Chain of Revenge (+600), War Has Changed (0)
I am Jack's sense of dissatisfaction with this lame fucking plot. I will be actively going out of my way to piss off Raiden. We're going to be doing this dance for a good long while.
>CQC (1100)
Hand to hand is always good and is a staple of my chain. CQC is one of the most adaptable hand to hand techniques. I think you can see why I took this.
>I've Got Science (Free, R&D)
Tech for the tech god.
>Box-Tech (900, R&D)
Tech for the ... tech throne?
>A New Age of Warfare (600, R&D)
I think I'm going to use this to build power armor for my power armor. Redundancy!
>Legendary Soldier (300)
This is the Jumper Charisma that someone mentioned to me before, I reckon.
>You Will Forget What Hollywood Taught You (100)
And abilities that speed up teaching things to others are always important. (Just wait until I hit Harry Potter and teach the cast my perks there...)
>Codec (0)
Well, on-board radios are useful. Even if it's just for plot exposition.

"David."
"Who- what are you? How do you--?"
"Not important. What's important is you not dying from Werner syndrome."
"What ... is this really the place or time?! Now that maniac is shooting at the both of us-"
"Oh, right, almost forgot him. One moment - ZA WARUDO! - damn, I love doing that..."
"What. The. Fuck."
"Let's see that nanite-enhanced vampire wannabe survive knives in his everything. ANYWAY! Here, take this, call me when the stupidity blows over, I'm going to go punch President Snake-in-the-grass in his smug face and then track down a senator from Colorado."
"You... WHAT?"
"It'll make sense later, I promise. Say hi to your brother George for me."
". . . Otacon. What the hell just happened?"

"Senator Armstrong."
"Yes? This had better be good."
"Oh, trust me, it will be. You, my friend, are going to make America great again. How do you feel about being President?"
>>
>>47845495
Shit, I forgot my card.

>Eight of Pentacles, reversed (Undue attention to small details at the expense of the big picture.)

...yeeeeeah that sounds about right. Damn, cards, you scare me.
>>
>>47844400
>the hypocrites around here would fall over themselves to thank you if you made them stronger.
Not if he broke builds to do it. Breaking builds is dirty pool.
>>
>>47845484
I think you shouldn't do any more 'upgrades'. You've already acknowledged it wasn't the best idea so why are you doing even more of it? Especially when the opinion from the thread so far has been overwhelmingly "Don't do more of this, leave it as is".
>>
File: this fucking goop.gif (40 KB, 540x329) Image search: [Google]
this fucking goop.gif
40 KB, 540x329
>>47845435
Because dad jokes are eternal
>>
>>47845483
Gauntlets can be as bullshit as they want, because they can't end your chain unless you take a drawback that allows it and they don't try to force an annoying companion on you for eternity.
>>
>>47845273
Yeah. I'm retarded, and don't know how to link to 4plebs, but it was thread 781. Someone asked you about Darwin resisting Hela and becoming a god of death. You said that becoming a god was too much, but that it may be able to help you survive having your soul ripped out ( the maybe being because she's a highgod), implying that it lets you adapt to soul attacks in general.
And on your intentions, there was no 'instead', you said we were supposed to be as good as comics Darwin with the ability to actually retain your adaptations, barring hilarious outliers like no selling a universal god and stealing her power
>>
>>47845515
I prefer the eight of tentacles.
>>
>>47845483
LoT isn't a gauntlet, because if you die you lose the chain.
>>
File: 1390270774625.png (51 KB, 195x193) Image search: [Google]
1390270774625.png
51 KB, 195x193
>>47845452
>Of course anyone who wanks themselves as beating Orikan will wank themselves as protecting cultish-chan to make her a super waifu, but it's a dick move all the same.
Fuck it. Gonna get reamed but might as well clarify as one of the few people who went broken Deadlight. Able to keep anyone safe? Not me. I lost the ship, I lost all the Sisters, I lost Cultist-chan, and I pretty much was reduced to a torso with one arm and a head.

My only saving grace was B'rian the Blessed One having bullshit rolls and the C'tan more or less being bait while I had to abuse every single defensive measure possible.
>>
>>47845452
I'm personally trying to survive breaking it with the difficulty only what is actually in the jump, and don't give a damn about the cultist.

The rest of your post describes why it may have been better as a gauntlet with a full power option than as a 'normal' jump with some features of gauntlets.
>>
>>47845452
See, that's where we differ. I don't look at LoT as a Jump. I look at it as a Gauntlet, almost all of which strip you of all powers and everything but the very, very basics of your Bodymod and picked up skills.

It fits the Gauntlet model very well, even if it is not marketed as one. I will admit Chaos-chan as a permanent, annoying Companion is a bit of much, but it very clearly warns you of consequences beforehand.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree about this issue, because there are people for and against LoT for various reasons. The best two solutions I can offer are: Let's not bring this up again or Don't Jump LoT if you don't like it so much. /joke.
>>
>>47845590
It's a Gauntlet with one small difference, and you're criticizing it for Gauntlet stuff. It's silly of you.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>47845484
Pros:
-Mo' mutant power choices
-Also yeah, the item section admittedly looks a bit bare

Cons:
-Wasn't sure if the one movie was worth an update, since there weren't that many new powers added/showcased after all
-For that matter I'm admittedly also kinda stumped on more item additions that wouldn't massively favor the student/professor background.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.