[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: Silver Tower.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Silver Tower.jpg
460 KB, 1920x1080
>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

New Silver Tower expansion edition

... and the army of Death!

>old thread
>>47662211
>>
File: Brother-CaptainBoreale[1].jpg (54 KB, 800x625) Image search: [Google]
Brother-CaptainBoreale[1].jpg
54 KB, 800x625
Can someone draw a Dawn of Awesome version of the Stormcast Eternals?
>>
File: white dwarf 124 teaser.jpg (37 KB, 960x133) Image search: [Google]
white dwarf 124 teaser.jpg
37 KB, 960x133
>>47692502
>... and the army of Death!

... or just repack?
>>
>>47686056
>>47674923

Weapon are tricky, i don't think destroyers need a placeholder melee weapon as you can shoot range weapon while still in combat.

As for the cult of mars, could always break the usual melee range group them and put them together by left arm right arm
>>
>>47692516
>... or just repack?

most likely
>>
Who /hyped/ here? Had an empire battalion box sitting around for eons, might build them and make my first AoS army.
>>
>>47692851
>empire batallion
there is no longer a use for the knights in there right ? i bought the box as well and the empire got squatted the next day
>>
Pray for our Goddess of life to forgive us our sins came into the world in physical form!
>>
>>47693056
Empire knights are really good in AoS. Theyre useful.
>>
>>47693194
Long live the tree!!!!
>>
File: 20160609_090751.jpg (6 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160609_090751.jpg
6 MB, 5312x2988
>>47691028
>kill me now

It was a huge zombie giant kind of thing from monstrous Arcanum, it never got a model so never got rules. The scarab was called the khemric titan.
>>
>>47693212
yeah but they aren't in the order book and their models are no longer available
90% sure that once we get points they won't get any
>>
File: 1373633386440.jpg (7 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
1373633386440.jpg
7 KB, 256x197
>>47692502

Threadly reminder it's okay to like AoS but not Sigmarines or the game's intense focus on them.
>>
>>47693402
Stormcast eternals are unfortunately one of the most gimmicky factions, and thus one of the most fun to play. Every single one of the heros has a gimmick, most units have some kind of reroll or mortal wound gimmick, and most of the units have 3 or 4 weapon options, many of which give gimmicks in the form of mortal wounds, hit reduction, rerolls, ect. They're the faction that plays the least as the "lol run in the middle and buff" that many people dislike.

So it would be more strange for people to DISLIKE playing them.
>>
>>47693355
100% confirmed from GW that they will.
>>
>>47693355
Well think again, because the knights are getting points. The generals compendium is even providing points for TK and brets.
>>
>>47693539
>>47693464
neat cheers anons
>>
>>47692516

Could just as likely be an army belonging to someone.

>>47693270

I honestly thought both Tamurkhan and the Monstrous Arcanum were nice books, pity that Warhammer Forge seemingly didn't make enough money to warrant continuation, at least in the face of the Horus Heresy.
>>
Whats the best equipment option for a Beastlord? Should I just match him with my Gors and give him a One handed weapon + Shield?
>>
>>47693270
>6mb image.
>On its side.
pls
>>
>>47694150
I had just woken up and there weren't any images for the art online to I pulled out my monstrous arcanum book and that was the result, sorry anon
>>
>>47694215
don't worry, just took forever to load on my phone
>>
>>47693464
It's coming this weekend right? i'm still skeptical, but i hope this is true.

>>47693951
That's best if you use him as your general for surviving purposes yes. if not just let him go punch people with the 2-handed axe
>>
File: GreatForestSpirit.jpg (40 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
GreatForestSpirit.jpg
40 KB, 300x200
Sylvaneth when
>>
>>47694416
probably the week after next. Model pic probably next Monday.

I'm more hyped about the real Aelfs though. Especially Shadowkin and Malerion.
>>
When!?!??! Araliel my foot Goddes
>>
Is the Ghoulish Host box sold out in your countries as well? Didn't have enough cash (responsibly) last month and now I regret not ordering it sooner.
>>
>>47694474
So what 25 june
>>
>>47694474
this sucks, I was hoping to start a sylvaneh army to join the Aos event
>>
Models you want to see for AoS?

I'd really like to see a diverse box of 20 or so free people with a non-empire/faux German look. Maybe throw some females or even Duardin/Halflings etc. in there as well. Give them a sprue to adapt to a couple of different mortal realms and be done with it. Would be great for battleplans/dioramas and the like. Could be used for all surviving mortals.

For other upcoming factions I'd love a crazy (steam)tech focus for the Dwarfs (think Dwemer) and for the Skaven a full fledged Eshin Assassin faction.
Eldar-like High Aelfs (see Mistweaver from WHQ) with Magical supremacy and super edgy shadow Aelfs.
>>
>>47694622
I mean they should look nothing like the current puffy Empire troops. Sry English isn't my first language.
>>
>>47694622
plastic BSBs for the factions that don't have them
>>
I've got a garden of Morr and 1 citadel wood. How would I set that up on a 4x4 battlefield?
Might plan on using the dead walkers event pack from war hammer world.
>>
Went and played a game down my local store today, enjoyed it, was real simple and straightforward without tonnes of bloated special rules, picked up a box of dryads to go with my old metal fantasy treekin, going to be slowly dabbling on the side and getting something each month and hopefully glorious stagbeetle if the model is nice
>>
File: 1464888496123.jpg (302 KB, 658x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464888496123.jpg
302 KB, 658x1200
>>47694479
>>
>>47694508
Yes.
Talked to my LGS and he said all his stock was gone in like 2 days. It really seems to be the army no one asked for but everyone likes.

Their fluff is probably the best in AoS so far and the idea to combine kits to create new units is kinda neat.
>>
>>47694622
Glamored ghouls and ancient celtic skelebros.
Who am I kidding, I'm making those myself.
>>
>>47694713
Good! glad you enjoyed it. If you do sylvaneth make some pieces of tree terrain like the citadel trees scenery. Sylvaneth can summon forests on the battlefield and can do cool stuff with them.
>>
>>47694713
>hopefully glorious stagbeetle if the model is nice

Since nowadays Art=looks exactly like the model you should be pleased if you like it already.
>>
>>47694653

So you want generic looking soldiers/adventurers even though GW is pulling out all the stops to put their own stamp on things with everything they've released for AoS?
>>
>>47694798
Yeah I already have a bucket full of woodland scenery made up from my old days of playing fantasy, I was going to play with some glade guard and maybe another woodelf unit supplemented with sylvaneth stuff, I guess they don't get any actual synergy from rules when in play together but it would pain me to leave the bows at home

>>47694806
That's nice to hear, the op image of last thread looks really cool
>>
File: 1465046342332.jpg (130 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
1465046342332.jpg
130 KB, 650x823
>>47694713
>was real simple and straightforward without tonnes of bloated special rules

Probably the best selling point of AoS (next to the models).
I tried to get my friends into 40k for years after my old playgroup broke up. Never got more than a demo game and often times even I was confused about special rules and stuff.
While AoS could be a little more complex for my taste, it's the first time I got my friends into wanting to play and start their own forces. I gave two of them my painted starter set and the third bought himself some Ironjawz.
>>
>>47694852
There will be more stuff for sylvaneth/wood elfs soon, so we may get some updated warscrolls with synergy.
>>
>>47694832
Well generic for AoS. Just some people in the GW standard and aesthetic.
>>
Can i use the end times books for armybuilding when playing whfb 8th ed?
>>
>>47694896

Stuff that's coming in the next weeks

>2 New Foot Units
>1 Oversized cavalry unit
>1 Large Monster kit
>Aelf Battletome
>Aelf Painting Guide
>One of the foot units is described as and “Aelf-Dryad” unit, while the big monster kit is described as a “beetle”.
>>
File: zSkrolk.jpg (34 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
zSkrolk.jpg
34 KB, 600x620
>>47694806
I hate how you will never see any artistic license or freedom in the art work ever again.

Looking through Pestilens and seeing Skrolk on every modern piece of art when Skrolk doesn't even exist anymore was so lame
>>
>>47694955
Blame the people that forced GW to do this. Gotta protect your intellectual property somehow.

I'm pretty sure they didn't go down this route voluntarily. Not to defend GW here too much but honestly I understand their motives in this.
>>
>>47693402
After downloading and reading the rules, I actually like the idea.

free rules is awesome and something that should be standard for all GW shit.

I like the looser army restrictions, simpler is better. Although it can get silly I guess, but if someone wants to be a tool and field chaos warriors mixed with lizardmen and skaven all in one army, you can just tell them to fuck themselves and not play them.

I also like the greatly simplified rules. When the rules consist of 4 pages, and then a 10-20 page document for a given army, I think that's awesome.

But I fucking hate sigmarines.
>>
>>47693951
The one you like the best, not the one that lets you win the most.
>>
>>47694922
I guess it's better to ask in whfb general.
>>
>>47695074
where?
>>
>>47694942
Odd that the rumors consistently state that we're getting "oversized cavalry" but this hasn't been reflected in any of the art we've seen.
>>
>>47695109
>>47679067
>>
>>47695013
>But I fucking hate sigmarines.

I'm not a big fan of them either.
I actually have some questions about them.

1) Do they breathe/need food/sleep?
2) Aren't all Stormcast engagement suicide missions as there is no going back to where you came from unless you die?
>>
>>47695143
lol no idea. I have barely read any of the fluff on AoS. But I will, until shown otherwise, assume that they are superhuman beings made with bits of DNA from the Empr- I mean Sigmar himself, and used as his elite force of warriors to conquer the galaxy. They are super-soldiers who can digest poison, spit acid, grow 8 feet tall, wear armor that can withstand tons of firepower, and are supreme warriors.

aka, space marines.

also, so AoS is seriously a skirmish game? Like the old Lord of the Rings SBG? How many figures are in a regular sized army?
>>
>>47695168
>also, so AoS is seriously a skirmish game?

No. But it plays much better at the skirmish level than WHFB ever did,
>>
>>47695168
They're actually literally forged and imbued with a bit of sigmar's divine power. Compared to Astartes they still retain quite a bit of humanity.

AoS can certainly be played on a skirmish scale but GW doesn't advertise the game as such and it's hardly the only way to play. It's really up to the players and the local meta to determine game size.
>>
>>47694721
Where is all this new artwork coming from?!

Also, I know those wings are going to be flimsy as fucking and break... I just know it
>>
>>47695189
oh. Guess I'll need to take a look at the rules again. I just see all the stuff with round bases and skirmish this and skirmish that.

I think 40k should get a revamp the same way. Fuck all these 100$ rulebooks and 50$ codex books that get released every year, fuck all this bullcrap plastic storage container terrain sets, fuck these fuckhuge battles with titans and flyers and shit in "regular" 40k battles.

new edition should be: rules are simplified and free. Rules for the units are either free, or come with the box of minis.
>>
>>47695143
>1) Do they breathe/need food/sleep?

Yes. They can withstand going without considerably longer than mortals/

>2) Aren't all Stormcast engagement suicide missions as there is no going back to where you came from unless you die?

No.

The stormcast avoid dying if they can because dying costs them their humanity and also it weakens Sigmar whenever he has to reforge them.
>>
>>47695143
1) Yes. Just not as much as humans.
2) Not necessarily. They can return to azyr via the realmgates. It's just being deployed by lightning is a one way trip. So sigmar cant redeploy them by lightning or call them back that way.
>>
>>47695240
>I think 40k should get a revamp the same way.
I agree.
>>
>>47695273
well, I kinda got into 40k back in highschool, but I ended up sticking more to the modelling/painting side, because A) miniatures were expensive as fuck and getting a full army would cost way more money than a highschool kid has, and B) the rules, meta-tactics, new rules and books coming out every 6 months, it was too much unless I wanted to live at the store and play every damn day.

I mean, with the whole Vendros shit, it does look like they're trying to make 40k more accessible for younger people or more casual players with the simplified rules and snap-fit models.

There's no need for a 200-page 100$ rulebook to have a simple wargame ruleset. I'm reading the AoS rules right now, and I'm stunned by how simple they are. I'm reading them and wondering how they managed to make fat bloated rulebooks like they did before, like I can't even remember what the other 196 pages of shit were filled with, and I can't even pick out one significant thing that's missing.
>>
For any of you that like a Song of Blades and Heroes, over here >>47686312 I am doing some AoS warbands for the fun of it.
>>
>>47695143
1) They need to eat and rest, but in lesser way than normal humans, aka, they can walk 24 hrs without pause and then fight if necessary.
2) Like >>47695222 says, they are crafted from Sigmar's own spirit, so if enough of them die, Sigmar's spirit will diminish, and they will no longer be able to be Reforged. Also, each time they die, they lose something of themselves - feelings, memories, etc. So it's not desireable to die for them even if they will be reforged. Sigmar's attack on Chaos is indeed a win/lose scenario, he cannot do the same again if his godhood gets sucked up remaking the SC. Also, their arms and armor is being forged by Grugni from the remains of the warhammer world, a finite resource.
Reforging is also massively painful (imagine your soul being smacked around in a forge), and let's say the skaven are gonna corrupt an important realmgate, and kill all the SC trying to take it, it's eventually corrupted, and skaven/chaos will take over even more land, destroying a potentially important travel route between the realms and gets a new place to consume, and kill even more of the pure survivors, the very people Sigmar is aiming to save.
>>
>>47694622
Plastic weapon teams for all the skaven
>>
>>47695013
Greyseers can't summon lizards but i could see a slann fighting aside them if that battle resulted in something else down the line. Remember space lizards are about little battles effective larger change
>>
File: Impossible_Fortress.jpg (85 KB, 654x1000) Image search: [Google]
Impossible_Fortress.jpg
85 KB, 654x1000
>>47695143
Using 3 stormcasts as Changlings for my tzeentch army
>>
Out of the current elven infantry units, what's your favourite in regard to gameplay?
>>
>>47698163
Phoenix Guard. Hard to beat 2 attacks om 3/3 with a 4/4 save.
>>
File: giphy.gif (528 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
528 KB, 245x245
>>47696977
>Changlings
>>
>>47698362
saurus guard are 3 attacks, 3+/3+, Rend -1, Ignore Rend 1, 2+ save, and D3 damage if they didn't move
>>
>>47698585
Yep, but he asked about elves, so I gave my honest answer.
>>
>>47698585
Is there ever a moment when seraphon players aren't giant whiney assholes? I can't wait for Saurus warrior anon to come back when points come out to show how objectively worse they are point wise.
>>
List im currently building, thoughts. 100 pools scgt comp. i know it skews heavy on hero/elites, but i like playing elite armys.

Archaon (old)
Exalted Deathbringer
Aspiring Deathbringer
Bloodstoker
Bloodsecrator
Thanquol

3 varangard
3 stormfiend
10 blood warriors
2 wlc
>>
>>47698731
as a dorf player, im kind of anticipating certain units to be apocalytically expensive (NOES my ironbreakers q.q.)
>>
anyway, ha sthere been any new rumor about metal dorfs? im pretty curious.
>>
>>47698568
U mad?
>>
Anyone know where I can find a good sized cauldron mini? Building a shrine for my Maw-krusha and I want it to look like they are brewing mushroom beer in addition to offering meats and valuables.
>>
>>47698163
Black guard. 20 of them spit out 40 3+hit 3+wound at -1 rend and reroll 1s
>>
>>47694999
Blame GW for not supplying models to meet demand and crying foul when somebody finally did what they refused to do for years
>>
>>47699109
I don't get what the whole intellectual property issue is even about. So what if they rename their orcs "orruks" and the "aelves" and whatever else. How does that stop another model company from putting out 25-28mm scale "orc" warrior miniatures?
>>
>>47699163
More so since 9th age and kings of war dont care who owns the models for tournament play
>>
>>47699109
Meanwhile we have games like infinity which openly accepts proxies since they have so many missing models for profiles. They even release books with 10+ new profiles but no new models. GW does pretty well releasing new models but in 5th it got a tad out of hand. It's one thing not to have every model but there were armies based aroun units with no models (tervigons and night scythes) and it got a bit rediculous. It really is a shitty precident though as they've just been going around retconning things without models.

>>47699163
They mode profiles without models. Profiles were good and people used them, and bought 3rd party things that were advertized as "GW UNIT XYZ" using their exact names based on the art GW put out. GW sued and lost, so those companies could keep doing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 640x480
>>47699057
Thomarillion has a "dwarf stew" cauldron. Might fit, since orcs and dwarves aren't exactly best buds.
>>
>>47699193
well I mean, if the GW store or GW-hosted tournaments don't want to allow non-GW models that's their prerogative, but I mean, they could have done that before anyways.

and ah, I see. And that makes sense. i mean if they just make artwork and shit and no models for that artwork, and someone else makes a model inspired by it, then I'm glad they lost.
>>
File: Feast-Wars-Copy.png (386 KB, 837x404) Image search: [Google]
Feast-Wars-Copy.png
386 KB, 837x404
>>47699284
Yeah, when people show up to tornaments with 5 literal croissants or other toys on bases/3rd party models it doesn't reflect very well on your game.
>>
>>47699163
It doesn't stop them, but it does protect GW's IP. Because of how fucked up copyright law is, a company that does not actively defend their shit can lose the rights to their own products.

Blame GW for putting rules out well ahead of releases, blame third party companies trying to leech off the GW brand instead of making their own, blame the law for being retarded. It's all applicable.

>>47699213
>Meanwhile we have games like infinity
The difference is infinity does not have ten different companies making ban bocean bolts before CB actually gets around to releasing them.

Like, can you not see the difference in the two company's situations? Shitty practice or not, there's a lot going on under the surface.
>>
>>47699254
Thanks!
>>
>>47699610
infinity simply isn't big enough and also strictly dissalows other companies minis in their tornaments, which they built their game around. They also have a system for volume of models making the actual appearence all but irrelevant. If GW specifically put out something that said "covert a tervigon out of X! no 3rd party minis allowed their wouldnt be a problem. Before that the only thing 3rd parties sold were essentially bits like shoulder pads and helmets for marines.
>>
File: WD135-005-e1362481684598.jpg (507 KB, 1065x1495) Image search: [Google]
WD135-005-e1362481684598.jpg
507 KB, 1065x1495
>>47699941
>>47699610
How the mighty GW has fallen, I rememeber them encouraging sculpting and converting your own guys. Shoot they began as a company making rules so you can use your DnD minis for something else. I guess this goes both ways though since it doesn't seem like the modern wargame player can even be bothered to homebrew or even come up with their own paint scheme.
>>
>>47700029
They still encourage conversions and sculpting. They just dont let you advertise other companies models in their stores or at their events. Its almost like theyre a business or something.

Its really as simple as that to be honest. Company that sells models doesnt want you to buy another companies models because they want to keep their market share. A significant number of GWs consumer base has likely never bought from a competing company.
>>
>>47699439

that fatass probably ate his army afterwards
>>
How many balance systems has aosg tried? Which ones do you recommend? What is the race balance like for those?
>>
>>47699610
The orruk and elf thing was unnecessary. They can just have slightly longer titles on the units to make those copyrightable and have nation and or tribe named attached. Like they already did.

Warmacine had elves and dwarves and they've never had problem.

Also they only needed to have plans for the model to keep the copyright. Or they could not have plans make the model open source and still keep the copyright on the rules
>>
>>47700100
I'm pretty sure he did at the end of the day.
>>
>>47700029
>Shoot they began as a company making rules so you can use your DnD minis for something else
what could fly in the eighties can't fly today

I don't like it, but as the big fish in the pond they have to deal with a lot of shit other companies don't need to think about. Like, could you imagine the impact budget resin copies would have on any minor wargame? They wouldn't be able to survive. Miniatures are their largest (and often sole) source of revenue.
>>
>>47700289
And look at how bland the lore and depending on your opinion game rulesis now. Warhammer didn't actually have actual miniatures for the first few editions but cardboard cut outs and if you ask me I felt more attached to my army in 5th and 6th ed than i do now since it was just that, my army. I even remember me and my friends actually making up stories for our unit champs and heroes, now a days i just feel like it's an excuse to set up a bunch of toys on the field and throw dice at each other.
>>
so basically, the seraphons are the necrons of AoS.
>teleporting
>phasing out
>hidden worlds
>big powerful masters aka slann
>they don't care about anything
>>
>>47692516
TOMB KINGS HYPE
>>
>>47699019
>+5 save
>5 wounds

Nah
>>
>>47700521

>no personality
>>
>>47699610
You don't lose copyright if you don't defend it. That's trademarks. The reason GW lost on that drop-pod thing was because there was no model, and you can't infringe the copyright for something that doesn't exist. A great deal of shit that GW brought against them was pure bullshit, even if they did make some infringeing models. This is absolutely not a case of fucked up copyright law.
>>
>>47701376
No model and no plans for a model. Pp makes rules for things that don't have models but they always have plans with rough designs etc.
>>
>>47695232

Various sites like Deviantart and Facebook, mostly from the artists posting the work.

Have any of GW's recent big plastic models been flimsy?

>>47695364

I thought Grungi left and the forging of the Stormcast's armor and weapon has been taken over by the Six Smiths?
>>
>>47702145

I'd have to go back and double check but I believe you're correct. Grungni is not still personally forging the Stormcasts.
>>
>>47692623
Took your Destroyer advice.

Only thing I hate about units with so many weapons is stating them. Trying to make all the options look attractive is rough.
>>
A general question, why are the sizes of the bases measured in metric, while distances are calculated in imperial units?
>>
Thinking about this new army. What do you think?

Bloodthrone
Daemon Prince w/ Axe, wings
Daemon Prince w/ Sword, wings
Bloodletters x15
Bloodletters x15
Bloodcrushers x5
Bloodcrushers x5
Bloodcrushers x5
Skull Cannon
Skull Cannon

Alternatively I could build another Skull Cannon instead of the Bloodthrone. Anything I should add or replace?
>>
>>47702589
Add in another Bloodthrone, Skull Cannon and 20 Bloodletters.
>>
>>47702589
Group the bloodletters into 20+ since they get the mortal wound bonus. Also a bloodsecrator would be amazing since it buffs all khorne units, not just mortals. You could easily convert a demon one.
>>
>>47702589
>>47702796
>>47702833
I would add 3 herald of khorne. one alone doesn't do much(he simply gets to attack first then chain an unit of bloodletter with him(-but if you can manage to have them all lined up you can succesfuly make chain attack reaction to give you the upper hand on the fight.
Only one is like having 4 more bloodletters attacking(wich is nice)but having 20 bloodletters +2 heralds attacking all at once you can deliver a LOT of mortal wounds.
>>
File: Nagashs Fun House.png (4 MB, 2800x2800) Image search: [Google]
Nagashs Fun House.png
4 MB, 2800x2800
>>47702589
Just run the meta list
>>
>>47703076
Nice meme, thanks for the bump!
>>
>>47702833
>>47702923
That sounds mean lol
>>
File: Roll the Bones.jpg (94 KB, 659x627) Image search: [Google]
Roll the Bones.jpg
94 KB, 659x627
>>47703089
Thanks for the (You)
>>
>>47703076
>>47703034
What unit is the one that isn't Nagash?
>>
>>47695259
>be Sigmar
>make soldiers I can revive
>be weakened each time I do
>make untold millions of them
>send them on suicide missions frequently
>ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow
>ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow
>why did I do this
>>
>>47703655
mournghoul, it's a forge world monstrous arcanum unit. Summonabe, 3+ unrendable save, solid attacks and a 4+ to mortal wounds. It also heals d3 wounds if it kills something.
>>
File: 99120102041_LordofSkulls01.jpg (70 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120102041_LordofSkulls01.jpg
70 KB, 600x620
Since Soulgrinders have rules for AoS why doesn't this thing?
>>
I was thinking about buying a Bretonnian Knight for the Silver Tower Quest, but GW literally killed them

I'll have to look somewhere else lol
>>
>>47703679
Wait what? What's Forge World? What's Arcanum? I don't see him anywhere on the GW website under Vampire Counts, are they legal models or is this some fan thing? I'm new to Warhammer so sorry for being retarded.
>>
>>47705572
Forgeworld is another company under GW that makes models and rules for GW's games. These models are all made with resin, and are generally much more expensive.

They have a model range for Age of Sigmar, as well as 40k and horus heresy (30k)

They just released a free PDF of all the warscrolls for the models they make for AoS. It's called the Monstrous Arcanum.

Anything made by forgeworld is generally considered official, even though they work autonomously (sort of) from their parent company GW.

forgeworld's website:
forgeworld.co.uk

and the monstrous arcanum:
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/fw_warscrolls/aos-monstrous-arcanum.pdf
>>
>>47705671
>Anything made by forgeworld is generally considered official
Not in 40k it sure isn't
>>
>>47705697
Well hello mr. late 90's to early 2000's. Welcome to today! Here in THE FUTURE! forgeworld models are officially part of the ITC.
>>
>>47705671
Thanks for the clarification!
>>
>>47705738
To the point where entire armies in 40k are forge world exclusive
>>
>>47705776
And the chaos dorfs.
>>
>>47705849
And timurkhan's horde
>>
noob here, seraphon are cool as fuck but i notice most people still call them "lizardmen" and they don't really have much lore. were they just "lizardmen" before without the star god shit in their fluff? or is there some good material i can read if i want more of their lore
>>
>>47705995
Basically before the end times Lizardmen were an Aztec jungle tribe basically. They were created by the Old Ones after all the other races to fight chaos and then the Old Ones fucked off
>>
>>47705995
See if you can get a lizardman army book from whfb for previous fluff.
>>
We need Kislev army in AoS!
>>
>>47706350
Ice Queen already got rules of a kind in "Trials of the Oighear" supplement from Warhammer World. I'd use that for her at least. Winged lancers could use normal empire knight rules, Gryphon legion for inner circle knights, and if you wanna make bear cavalry, use demigryph rules.
>>
>>47706441
The Ice Queen is canonically dead. She met her end in "Warbeasts". The descendants of Kislev survived though.
>>
They are missing in the universe AoS something in the oriental style as Kislev
>>
>>47706549
>oriental
Son.

Yes, I do know what the definitions of orient and occident are, kislev is still not "oriental".
>>
>>47706557
Lol mix of Russian and Polish Lithuanian commonwealth miniatures are mixturem of styles that are a mix of western and oriental influences
>>
>>47706549
#historynoob
>>
>>47706549
>>47706611
#historynoob*
>>
>>47706606
They're still not oriental. Russia and Eastern Europe are never described as oriental, in the same way that, despite being in the East, the Indian subcontinent isn't described as oriental.
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 1246x1760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 1246x1760
>>47706505
Not really. Listen to Gav's interview with Heelanhammer for a clear-up of that.
It's not her, it's an amalgamation of people like her, before and after. She's part of that lineage though. And that's her in the pic.
>>
More winged lancers in AoS!!!
>>
>>47706633
Oriental is chinks gooks and nips. That's it
>>
>>47706652
>>47706652
Lern https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orient
>>
Russian and Polish Lithuanian commonwealth they fought Mongols , Turks and Tatars hence the oriental influences
>>
File: 1462789381863.gif (870 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1462789381863.gif
870 KB, 245x245
>>47700105
>>47694872
>>47692502

That art looks as bland and generic as the models.Literally like the graffiti on amusement park rollercoasters.
>>
File: 5-20151208221711.jpg (145 KB, 562x400) Image search: [Google]
5-20151208221711.jpg
145 KB, 562x400
MOAR HUSSARS!
>>
>>47706638
Link to the interview?
>>
>>47706665
>"...the term Oriental refers to people from East and Southeast Asia"
>>
File: 1373532806.jpg (55 KB, 680x266) Image search: [Google]
1373532806.jpg
55 KB, 680x266
>>47706691
Ok
>>
>>47706648
no more lances pls

they break if you so much as look at them too strongly
>>
>>47706697
>>47706680 the influence of the Orient in Russia and Poland!!!
,,The Orient means the East. It is a traditional (and archaic) designation for anything that belongs to the Eastern world, such as the Middle East (Near East) or the Far East, in relation to Europe. In English, it is largely a metonym for, and coterminous with, the continent of Asia. In France and other countries of Western Europe, it also denominates the countries of North Africa.,,
>>
>>47706696
http://heelanhammer.com/ep152/
>>
>>47706697
Lol you can't read and understand
>>
>>47706730
Thanks.
>>
>>47706721
>>47706732
I wasn't talking about "THE Orient" I was talking about "Oriental" as a descriptor. I never once said "The orient" until now. and nor did the person who I responded to
>>
File: 201206191046180.5.jpg (313 KB, 1752x1165) Image search: [Google]
201206191046180.5.jpg
313 KB, 1752x1165
From Poland with Kurwa!
>>
>>47706749
Yeee he can't read....
>> influence of the Orient in Russia and Poland!
>>
>>47706749
>>47706749
influence INFLUENCE
>>
File: wp_husaria_wieden_970.jpg (265 KB, 970x540) Image search: [Google]
wp_husaria_wieden_970.jpg
265 KB, 970x540
>>47706749
Here you are Oriental style cavalery kido
>>
>>47706760
Again, it mentions that a grand total of ZERO times in the wikipedia article. And no one fucking cared about the "Influence of the orient in russia and poland" since we were correcting you since you were CALLING russia and poland the orient.
>>
>>47706772
You may want to get your eyes checked since those are clearly europeans.
>>
>>47706765

Stop argue he did not know how to read
>>
>>47706765
I never mentioned the influence, I was just pointing out that calling Russia and poland "Oriental" is erroneous.
>>
>>47706777
So you agree with oriental influences in Poland and Russia?
>>
MOAR WINGED LANCERS!!!!111
>>
>>47706798
I don't know and I don't care. I was simply pointing out that the term "Oriental" describes people from east and southeast asia. I wouldn't doubt that there are some oriental influences in Russia at least since they fucking border that shit
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>47706505
Btw, Ice Mage rules.
>>
>>47706933
I played against one of these and when my opponent did Ride the Storm he pushed the model across the tabletop rather than picking it up like the rules dictate. Fucking WAAC cunt.
>>
>>47707009
Does it matter? It's not like it does any damage. And if he pushed it across and bowler over your minis just to be an ass, you're legally obligated to punch him.
>>
>>47707036
It's just a joke bro.
>>
>>47694303
I don't think its this weekend, otherwise we would of seen it mentioned in White Dwarf. I honestly have no idea what the picture on the facebook page is referring to.
>>
>>47695143
>2) Aren't all Stormcast engagement suicide missions as there is no going back to where you came from unless you die?

Think less suicide mission, more paratroopers.

They have an objective, and most the time it involves securing a realmgate so they can return home, and allies can use it to travel. They are basically the first assault that sets up the travel and supply route for the rest of the armies.
>>
File: ogre_slayer_2_weapons.jpg (77 KB, 769x926) Image search: [Google]
ogre_slayer_2_weapons.jpg
77 KB, 769x926
i cant decide between these 2 lists that i will play in a tournament this week, the rules are azyr , what do you guys think?
>-Warden king
>-Grimm burlokkson
->rune priest
>-rune priest
>-grudge thrower
>-grudge thrower
>-cannon
>-20 quarrelers
>-20 dwarf warriors
>-10 ironbreakers
or ogor

>-butcher with cauldron
>-golgfag maneater
>-ironblaster
>-8 bulls
>-6 maneaters
>-3 ironguts (or 3 fellwater trolls OR another ironblaster)

the tournament is 30 azyr points and its a massacre with the central point to capture, first blood and general kill.
pic not related
>>
>>47707842
for the dwarves i was thinking obliviously staying defensive, and outshoot anything that moves with the 2 grudger thrower with (hopefully) both forgefire and ancestral grudge on most dangeous and difficult enemy units, and the quarrelers with 6 inch more from Grimm and 40 shoots as long as they are 20 and then simple warriors and IB for anything that can come to me, for the ogres i was thinking using the bulls as shield to make my maneasters arrive at the targets with not too much models dead, shoot out big units with the ironblaster or snipe the heroes, and then ironguts for good killin or trolls for some come tanking or another Ironblaster for more shoot
>>
>>47706697
>>47706721
>>47706732
>>47706749
>>47706760
>>47706777
To be fair, my grandpa calls Russia oriental.

I think it's just a really old and archaic way to say it.
>>
>>47693402
kind of true for me, but I do like Stormcast.
>>
File: image.jpg (195 KB, 950x796) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195 KB, 950x796
Would you use Warlord hussars for Kislev?
>>
>>47692502

Okay I was just sitting here and I suddenly thought 'what is under a sigmarines armour'? I mean I know what under a regular space marines but are sigmarines just animated suits or armour or humans or what? What's under the mask?
>>
>>47706933
Anny complet rules for Kislev for AoS?
>>
>>47708005
Gw should reactivate kislev
>>
>>47708061
Humans. They take their helmets off in some of the novels, and there's a piece of artwork where you can see human eyes behind the mask.
>>
File: 1959131217_1.jpg (58 KB, 586x427) Image search: [Google]
1959131217_1.jpg
58 KB, 586x427
cyka blyat!Kurwa mać!
>>
File: pobrane.jpg (14 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
pobrane.jpg
14 KB, 291x173
So nice army..Why..?! gw Why!?
>>
>>47708061
They are Ubermenschen but still flesh and blood.
>>
>>47708114
They did in Warbeast (of a kind)
>>
>>47708189
What is Warbeast???
>>
>>47708150
Yeah, I don't know why Warmaster was cancelled either.
>>
>>47708251
Second newest AoS novel. Check OP.
>>
Just found the Fyreslayers' army theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBiPVOEKrvo
>>
>>47708353
Awful.
>>
>>47708458
And so are they, so it fits.
>>
>>47708353
Doesn't fit with them at all

They're theme would be something like "Sons of Odin" from Manowar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcneffiKYI
>>
>>47708609
Theyr*
>>
Where can I download white dwarf every week? I'm not paying for that shit.
>>
>>47704563
I find the soulgrinder so out of place even for AoS
>>
>>47708708

Fucking scrounger. If you want to read it, pay for it.
>>
>>47708708
It's the price of half a pint, how is this expensive if you want to read it?
>>
>>47708708

Check out the user Epistolary on kickass torrents
>>
>>47708143
Rush B?
>>
>>47708708
>>47708824
>>47708899
>Paying for WD
>Reading WD in the first place.

Now that they put the painting guides with based Duncan for free on the site there is now nothing worth reading inside a WD

at best you get some unit rules, but is it now just a glorified catalog. just visit the website if you want that shit.

Fuck i remember when White dwarf as something i looked forward too each month
>>
File: Untitled 2.png (60 KB, 530x837) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.png
60 KB, 530x837
>>
File: IMG_0209.jpg (382 KB, 1985x1136) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0209.jpg
382 KB, 1985x1136
So, GW finally got around to ship me another Dracothian Guard kit, so I can resume working on my chariot project. Only took them three fucking weeks!
Well, here's the current situation with the new stuff. Now I just need to fluff up the platform a little more and I think I'm mostly done.
Anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>47709510
Wow that looks really cool
>>
>>47709400
Neato Dorito. Pretty hyped for that.
>>
File: DSCF1625.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1625.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>47709510
based chariots
>>
>>47709884
Why the bell? Looks awful :c

The rest is pretty cool though
>>
File: 99120201051_ChaosChariot01.jpg (57 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120201051_ChaosChariot01.jpg
57 KB, 600x620
>>47709510
>Anything else I'm missing?
A banner/pole/spear... whatever, that stand up high, pic related.

>>47709400
Tzaangors!
>>
>>47709400
Cool, Tzeentch is my favourite good
>>
File: 800px-GreySeer.jpg (195 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
800px-GreySeer.jpg
195 KB, 800x550
wanna try my hand at painting, never done it before

i dig skaven and lizardmen. any "first model" recommendations?
>>
>>47711413
Games workshops WarhammerTV youtube channel has a couple of good videos on painting skaven, clanrats and a rat ogre hero, you can paint pretty much any skaven model using the stuff shown in those.

Clanrats are the basic units and are 20 sterling for 20 models, get either them or a cheap warlord for practise.
>>
>>47710809
I had considered that, but I'm not sure if that wouldn't bulk up the chariot too much. It's already fairly densly packed, isn't it?
Maybe a single banner in the middle of the back?
>>
File: ridefuckinglightning.jpg (57 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
ridefuckinglightning.jpg
57 KB, 600x620
Heres the thing
I have this idea for an army made entirely out of Extremis Chamber dudes lead by a stardrake guy and backed up with human knights
question is, would this be at all practical, or just plain broken as hell?
>>
File: funnyfish.jpg (81 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
funnyfish.jpg
81 KB, 1200x900
>>47692502
Is there a company that makes wolf heads that would fit on Beastmen Gor bodies?
>>
>>47712851
Dracothian Guard is *extremely* powerful, especially when amassed. Human knights would probably have to clean up after they are through and maybe unjam them/ward of some absurd tarpit.
>>
File: 7-429-large.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
7-429-large.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>47712890

MaxMini and Puppetswar are both third party companies that make wolfmen heads.
>>
>>47712890
I've been looking for one forever. I've found animal skulls if you want undead beastmen (what I settled for).

Lemme know if you do find them.
>>
File: MXMCB032_werewolfheads-441x315.jpg (19 KB, 441x315) Image search: [Google]
MXMCB032_werewolfheads-441x315.jpg
19 KB, 441x315
>>47712890
>>
>>47713263
>>47713286
Not the guy asking, but IMO those aren't quite right for beastmen. Thing with beastmen is their heads are full animal, rather than (say) being wolfmen with hugh jackman heads.
>>
Eyo,

So ive been heavily into silver tower that ive made the silly mistake of getting every playable char and painting them (minus maybe a few which will probably never see play, like the wanderer....

Currently got 27 chars and im going random for nearly all of them (each sigmarite hero is gonna be a different colour, already done lord celestant green and knight venator red. The khorne bloodbound will all be the same colour as they are my main army and all the characters are already painted... if you wanted to know, pink armour and brown skin, might do some pics later)

What im getting at however is after the 47 chars are done (or even before) i might start getting character models from other games and making silver tower homebrew rules for em. (kingdom death and toughest girls of the galaxy models are what im currently looking at)

Do you guys know of good places to get some nice quality mins from?

also to >>47709510

nice job, looks amazing!
>>
>>47713927

I'm more interested in a Warhammer Quest: <Homebrew> game. I think I would like a destruction themed game next. Still haven't got together with my mates to play Silver Tower yet.

Warhammer Quest: 40k Edition. Poor little sigmarines getting powerfists shoved in their face.
>>
>>47713927
Really curious about those pics.

Also, I'd recommend some Raging Heroes.
>>
I have like 30 Daemonettes of slanesh and other 75 bucks to spend to get an army. what should i buy?
>>
File: DSC_1897.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1897.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>47713999

Here ya go, these are all i currently have painted,

still have 2 bloodsecreator, skarr, 2 aspiring deathbringers (1 new one and 1 converted one)
1 khorne lord 2 khorgoraths to paint before i get started on patch painting
>>
File: DSC_1893.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1893.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>47713999

huh, seems like i can't post more than 1 pic at a time... well, 4 more pics to go, hopefully people wont take me to the stake...
>>
>>47714267
Like, what, daemons of Slaanesh? Mortal followers? Where do you plan on taking this army?
>>
>>47714303
Uh, well, that's certainly a ...bold... choice of colors?
>>
File: 2700000113033.jpg (33 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2700000113033.jpg
33 KB, 320x320
>>47714289
>>
File: DSC_1894.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1894.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>47714303

3 more
>>
File: DSC_1895.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1895.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>47714373

this and 1 more
>>
>>47714303
>seems like i can't post more than 1 pic at a time
Welcome to 4chan, I guess?
>>
>>47714397
I gotta say, while there is certainly a ton of room for improvement, I like the skin.
Also, the blue hair actually sorta works, for some weird reason.
>>
File: DSC_1896.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1896.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>47714397

Here is the last pic! They are fabulous are they not?

>>47714346

It was meant to be a joke scheme but after i did it on one model i liked it so my whole army is gonna be like that :D

>>47714347

hmmmmm... nope... to fabulous to strip the paint off

>>47714454

That's what a lot of people have told me, and i aggree... however i am not a great painter, and i feel that at the stage they are now they look good enough to be set on a table and played with... though i have no clue how to base

Unfortunatly i can't show my bloodthirster as it is in the display cabinet of my local store... It is perfect, yellow skin pink armor and wings
>>
>>47714329
I have no idea. Maybe mix em with tzeench
>>
>>47714329
>>47714500
Or do it full daemons
>>
>>47714526
Full slannesh daemons, sorry my phone is crazy
>>
>>47711413
Verminlord is fun to paint
>>
File: baby confused.jpg (133 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
baby confused.jpg
133 KB, 425x282
>>47700521
>they don't care about anything
>>
File: Raptors.jpg (225 KB, 1190x754) Image search: [Google]
Raptors.jpg
225 KB, 1190x754
Got some work done on these guys. A while back I got my hands on a box of prosecutors without wings for a few euros, so I decided to see what could be made of them.
The result here are basically stormcast assassins/scouts/operators. Tentatively named Raptors, though I am open for any sort of improvements.
Lore-wise my stormhost is specialized on tunnel- and city fighting, so tiny bands of these guys stalk dark alleys and caverns ahead of the rest of the force, perform decapitation strikes with dagger and crossbow and generally disrupt the enemy. To this end they carry a tiny quantity of Azyr in the relinquaries on their backs, allowing them to call upon a dense fog to shroud their approach. (Assuming phenomena like mist is actually under the influence of the Lore of Heavens, I mean.)
Too stupid?
>>
>>47714526
If you go full Slaanesh, I'd recommend getting a chariot or two. Can't go wrong with those.
Also, heralds and/or a KoS. Anything Slaanesh is actually good.
Daemonettes will do most of the blendy work for you, so support them. But you'll need quite a few, they die a lot and can be resummoned asap.
>>
>>47714704
"Raptors" doesn't fit the theme of judicial/thunder based names that the rest of the Stormcast have.

Stormcast are not about sneak attacks and petty tricks. Sigmars crusade is bold and righteous, with trumpets heralding the arrival of angelic beings sent through lightning strikes.

I would call them Precursors and give them rules about scouting ahead of the main force
>>
>>47714641
and with leadership 10 they doesn't afraid of anything either
>>
>>47714704

like the colour scheme. Fluff wise i think mist is more of a realm of shadow thing.

And as >>47714764 said, sigmarines are not usually sneaky... however there might be one chamber or two which might focus on sneaky tactics. Sigmar took all kind of heroes to turn into sgmarines... which means he probably took some guerilla warfare kinda guys which with practice could have become your guys.
>>
File: Skaven plague monk2.png (327 KB, 464x492) Image search: [Google]
Skaven plague monk2.png
327 KB, 464x492
>>47714488
>>47714397
>>47714373
The Khorne Pinkbound grew on me, these are coming along nicely...

But i still intend to destroy them on the field!
>>
>>47693355
I only had one unit of 8 Reiksguard. But I kinda cheated a bit, and bought the Perry Minis Mounted men at arms, and made a 16 man unit this week. They look alright
>>
>>47714779
regarding bravery, is there such thing as fearless in this game, or everyone runs away, even undead? (ok they just crumble as usual.)
I miss the psychology part from AoS.
>>
>>47714704
I like the models, lore, and concept. I just don't like the name.

Bailiffs maybe?
>>
>>47714959
Failing Bravery checks can mean anything from running away or crumbling to dust to being dragged down despite holding your ground.
Several command abilities basically ape old psychology rules like Unbreakable or Terror.
>>
>>47714764
Damn, Precursor is a really nice name.
As for the assassin thing, Sigmar has so far shown to be a fairly pragmatic person. I could see him reforging anyone as long as the sense of grand heroics and dramatic bombast is served. So a poisoner is probably a no-go, but some all-or-nothing kingslayer charging through a warlord's retinue might just fit.
I mean, the Knight-Venator is also sort of a classic hunter/sniper, a fairly non-heroic archetype, so it's not like there's no precedent.
I dunno, maybe I am too stuck on this concept.

>>47714795
>mist might be a Ulgu thing
That makes sense. I was thinking of clouds and the like being celestial occurrences, but the influence of the Wind of Shadows seems more reasonable.
Back to the drawing board, I guess.
>>
File: _68942967_10294019.jpg (63 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_68942967_10294019.jpg
63 KB, 660x371
So whats the most common/least common AoS armies in your gaming circles?

> Pic related?
>>
>>47715470
Most common bloodbound, sylvaneth and I think a lother of people with ironjaws, least common probably high elfs since there is at least one of every other army.
>>
>>47692502
Just bought 40 skeletons and 15 grave guard online. R8 my bone-zone list!
>>70 Skeletons into 3 units of 20 and 1 unit of 10
>>15 grave guards
>>5 black knights
>>1 Vampire
>>1 Wight Kimg/w standard
>>1 Necromancer

This is coupled with the deathrattle horde to make a huge bone pain train. I plan to add either carien wraith or vargheist for warmachine smashing. Any other ideas?
>>
>>47715581
Sylvaneth will be common after 25 june
>>
File: 1394311223513.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1394311223513.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>47715630
I was thinking about converting and fielding a VC styled screaming skull catapult, since now we officially CAN!
Vlad would be proud :')
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.