[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ unified sector
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Sorry - 410 Gone _ Redbubble.jpg (31 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Sorry - 410 Gone _ Redbubble.jpg
31 KB, 550x550
In several of the 40k faction creation threads, there's been mention of creating a unified sector for /tg/, including the things recently collaborated on like the Hua Yuan and Sanguine Shields etc.

The overall tone should be a good level of serious, to prevent degeneration into the old Tiji Sector.

So starter questions:
>What's the sector called?
I know there's been opposition to anything self-referential. Ludotrade is a placeholder.
>Which Segmentum Majoris is it in?
I know that the Hua Yuan pretty much rely on being Eastern Fringe.
>Are we a sector on the offence or the defence?
Are we suffering being surrounded by Waaaghs, Black Crusades, Hive Fleets and a sphere of expansion? Or are we crusading to reclaim our lost worlds from the traitor and xenos?
>Is there a warp storm?
Warp storms seem to feature heavily in a lot of the recent stuff, so would be a good addition.

Any additions by anybody are welcome, but highly detailed ones are Very welcome.

And anything else really. Thoughts?
>>
Why not add some more exotic xenos threats than orks and tyranids for a change?

Why not have the sector been subject to a Hrud migration some millennia ago, so that most of it's hives and the sector fleet have all been infested ever since?

Perhaps have a Q'orl invasion fleet. They're from Pacificus, I think, not the fringe, but they're supposed to be highly aggressive expansionists on the verge of reverse-engineering imperial warp technology, so they could well have ended up wherever.
>>
>>46312006
Segmentum Ultima if we want weird alien shit to fight.

Segmentum Obscurus if we want to fight chaos.
>>
>>46312006
OP, you might wanna advertise this on the other creation threads
>>
>>46312301
I'll agree to that. A few alien pocket empires, or one larger one?

>>46312375
Done!
>>
>>46312301
I'm for more exotic xenos. Maybe an alliance between a few. Can add some sinister chaos plot behind it all if you'd want to make it more
>>
The Capital World of the Sector is the gas giant of Phorcys. Its moons are ringed with the docks of the sector battlefleet, their bodies pitted with deep vaults housing the billion adepts of the sector administratum.

Its surface is predominantly wracked by sweeping storms, a fluctuating web of placid regions inhabited by nomadic harvest clans, tribal cultures piloting advanced atmospheric platforms built by ancestral colonists.

Incredible skill is required on the part of the tribal aeromasters who guide these vessels through the clouds with little understanding of their technology, and over generations they have come to compose the bulk of the sector battlefleet's officers.

The upper atmosphere of Phorcys is rich with valuable compounds, and the harvesters reap them, providing the sector and the Imperium with an inexhaustible supply of high-grade fuels and rare elements, necessary for the most advanced plasma and nuclear technology.

The native fauna too is a valuable resource, and Clans will pursue the diaphanous leviathans that inhabit the troposphere for weeks on end, to harpoon and haul in the creatures for processing. The unique biocrystalline compounds that form in their bodies are a key ingredient in the best juvenat treatments, allowing the most esteemed members of the sector admiralty to lead for hundreds of years.
>>
>>46312716
Few smaller pockets that have banded together to fight terran expansion.

That way it explains why humans haven't wiped them off the board yet, and provides a number of opportunities to add new xeno's to the mix.
>>
>>46312782

The Hrud can survive undetected in imperial hives and fleets for centuries, until they reach a critical population mass and start to expand.

Given their entropic properties, they could literally have hives crumbling from their foundations when their populations grow large enough.

The Q'orl fluff has them just about to discover warp tech, so they could have invaded only recently, which would also explain why the Imperium hasn't wiped them out yet.
>>
>>46312860
Could the hrud have stolen plans/provided intel on the terran warp drive/gellar fields to the Q'orl?
>>
>>46312301
Can we use both the Hrud and Q'orl? Expand into previously owned Hrud worlds and fight for control for the system with the Q'orl.

>>46312716
If we go for a few pocket empires we can add in some variety but if we pick larger empires we could have a large scale invasion, Imperial or Xenos depending if we're an offencive or defensive sector.
>>
>>46312006
>tfw some other namequeer started it up before you

Damn you He-Man!

I'd be down with the Eastern Fringe, with Hua Yuan, the Thunder Devils, Angels Apostate, and a conquered Sanguine Shields world.

Then again a horror sector in the Ghoul Stars might be fun.

Either way, here's the break down for factions that I would have.

>1 Necron Dynasty, two if the first one is tiny or horribly fucked
>1 Tyranid Hive Fleet, two if the first one is tiny and useless
>5-8 Chaos Warbands
>6-8 Chaos Cults/Renegades/Traitor factions
>1 Tau Fleet
>6-8 Regiments
>2 Eldar Craftworlds
>1 Cabal
>>
>>46312860
>>46312782
>>46312720
How about the xenos have been going under the radar in the sector, but the loss of a major hive world catches the attention of Segmentum Command, and so they have called a crusade?
>>
>>46312885

The Hrud tend to expand by stowing away on human fleets. I dont believe they have spacefaring technology themselves. Although I dont see why they couldnt have stolen it. They're scavengers after all.
>>
>>46312908
>>1 Tyranid Hive Fleet, two if the first one is tiny and useless
I've always been a fan of Nautilus

>>Tau
There was a recent-ish (mid Hua Yuan) tau cadre thread and human tau thread that we can use
>>
>>46312915

sounds good for the Hrud. Some valuable hive world's cities have started collapsing from the hrud's entropic fields, and everyone's losing their shit.

>>46312900

I'm all for using both Hrud and Q'orl. The more exotic xenos, the better.
>>
>>46312908
Sorry bro, got impatient and needed a distraction from work. Your guiding hand may be more useful though.

Sounds like a plan, anyway.

>>46312860
>>46312782
As I understand it, Hrud are goddamn terrifying and nigh-invincible in numbers. May be a bit much for the primary enemy.
Liking the defensive pact idea though.
Should we make this a crusade?

I think 2-4 minor xenos should be added to the "to-do" list.
>>
>>46312006
>good level of serious
>Hua Yuan

you must pick one.
>>
>>46313105
Other possible xenos:
>Loxatl
>Tarellians
>Slaughth

>>46313132
About as serious as 40k usually is. I mean, seriously, just look at Attilans and Vostroyans.
>>
>>46313105
Ah I met xeno's in general. Who wouldn't love to have incredibly tough spies on board damn near every vessel your enemy fields. Who of course dont field any ships or vehicles themselves.

Thats an issue.
>>
>>46313163
Maybe have the xeno defense of the sector organized by a slaught? They seem big bad level of Machiavellianism.
>>
>>46313163

The Hrud have been overwhelming on a few occasions in all imperial history, when their migrations were of an unprecedented size.

They're not overly threatening in smaller infestations. In this little episode here a voidsman knocks one out with a shovel.

At any rate, I'd advocate their use. Among the minor xenos races that are rarely referenced they've had the most thought and detail put into them.
>>
>>46313292

sorry this was meant for >>46313105
>>
>>46313277
It is implied that the slaughth are slowly gathering forces to assault the Calixis sector, so they could be the ones organizing everything.

Loxatl and Tarellians and the like are mercenaries hired to augment the main armies.

Maybe also a Tau presence. The Slaughth and other xenos don't give a damn about the Greater Good, but they'll play along with the Tau diplomats to get some spaceships and pulse rifles.
>>
I'm kinda surprised y'all don't know that this was already done. The Tiji sector.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Tiji_Sector

Yeah. I mean, no reason why you can't make another. But the Tiji sector is considered to be the definitive /tg/ sector.
>>
>>46313336
We know it's already done, we're just trying to make another. Hopefully a touch more serious or something.
>>
>>46313336
Who cares
>>
>>46313163
>>Tarellians
>>Slaughth
I'd like to include these, if possible. They do work as mercenaries. Or, at least the Tarellians do
>>
>>46313029
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45780647/#45785450

Here's the Tau, it actually got decently far. The Gue'vesa didn't actually get past rolling, though we could continue where they left off
>>
Anybody got ideas for more species to help fill out the xenos legion of doom? A lot of xenos species are either dead, rare, or confined to the Calixis Secto/Koronus Expanse
>>
>>46313336
I'm not going to say anything about its quality, because I wasn't there, but the last edit to the 1d4chan was August 13. I think it's been long enough to make a new one.

>>46313426
Thanks, I'll give it a look.
Does anyone else have any threads to add? I'll have a look for the Kevoc and Houri abhumans.
>>
>>46313509
Sanguine Shields, Golden Specters, and that loyalist Night Lords thread
>>
>>46313485

Hrud and Q'orl are good because they arent confined to any paticular region of space. Other than them, aliens I can think of that could crop up anywhere are Tarrelians and K'nib, but unlike Hrud and Q'orl next to nothing is known about them.
>>
File: Loxatl_2.jpg (201 KB, 498x702) Image search: [Google]
Loxatl_2.jpg
201 KB, 498x702
>>46313607
Loxatl also make for pretty good mercs.

Stryxis would've been a good answer for where the xenos alliance gets all its tech, but they're confined to the Koronus Expanse.
>>
>>46313567
you forgot one
http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/46278610/
>>
>>46313707
Already advertised there bud
>>
>>46313509
>>46173866
>>46249270
Just human enough.

So, community creations:
>Marines
Sanguine Shields
Golden Spectres
Thunder Devils(?)
Night Lord Loyalists(?)
>Guard
Hua Yuan (because why not)
>Abhumans
Kevoc
Houri

So additions to add: People's personal contributions, esp. Aliens, cults, and regiments, and answers to initial questions.
>>
>>46313751
Nah mate, those are the Thunder Devils. The loyalist Night Lords are the Death Consuls.
>>
Alright, official forces of the [X] Crusade:

Imperial Guard:
>Hua Yuan Armored, Line and Exterminators
>Kevoc Ballistic Angels
BY THE EMPEROR WE NEED MORE GUARDSMEN

Marine Chapters:
>Sanguine Shields
>Golden Spectres
>Thunder Devils
>Death Consuls

To add:
>Navy fleets
>Sisters of Battle
>>
>>46313929
Well have we locked down slots for what? Four to five chapters seems good enough.

And my initial thoughts where to have a sector with homeworlds, not necessarily a crusade full of strangers.

Also first for Chaos Cult- Bolts of Hammerwatch.

Also we need to consider what we want from this project, and some general discussion starters, as is my way.

>How many worlds are in the sector?
>What segmentum is the sector in?
>What makes this sector so important/unimportant?
>How many of each faction should be present?
>How dangerous or isolated is the sector?
>Who has the biggest presence in the sector?
>>
>>46312006
Fun Fact: Fantasy Flight created a Tiji Sector and included stories that were posted on /tg/ in one of the source books.
>>
File: 40k world generator.png (816 KB, 1624x859) Image search: [Google]
40k world generator.png
816 KB, 1624x859
Rolled 9, 2, 2, 9, 8, 2, 8, 6, 7, 9 = 62 (10d10)

rolling up a world for the sector
>>
>>46314044

anyone like the idea for gas giant sector capital?
>>
>>46314044
>How many worlds are in the sector?
As many as we can make up probably.

>What segmentum is the sector in?
I'd say Ultima for aliens, but Pacificus is good for Chaos and some alien stuff too

>What makes this sector so important/unimportant?
Probably lots of worlds to keep for production, resources and things like that. And if we're going for the xenos alliance idea, then letting minor xenos take over and hold their ground is something the Imperium cannot allow

>How many of each faction should be present?
Four or five should suffice

>How dangerous or isolated is the sector?
Should be somewhat isolated, with entry being difficult, so that there's a reason for how the xenos can gather unseen

>Who has the biggest presence in the sector?
Imperium probably
>>
>>46313929
If we meed more guardsmen, we could roll up a penal regiment for Siberis, the Death Consuls homeworld?

Also, we need more help fluffing them out anyways, we've got the Homeworld, colors, and Emblems down, as well as Flamers and Meltas being the preferred weapons.

>>46295002
>>
>>46314132
>Penal world
>Desert
>Death world
>Borderline heretical
>Mostly peaceful
>Active chaos cults
>Going with heavy naval defence
>Chaos incursion
>Chaos as traditional enemy
>Planet has 10 diffrent weather seasons

Going to write some fluff to this...
>>
>>46314044
>Also we need to consider what we want from this project

Going by how FFG makes its sectors, the Spinward Front is a human rebellion so that low-powered enemies can face the guardsmen, Jericho Reach is an active crusade with lots more high-power stuff to fight Space Marines, and the Calixis Sector is peaceful with sinister shit happening so that Inquisition people could investigate things

So either we want a semi-peaceful sector where everybody is neighbors, or an active warzone with things to fight
>>
>>46314133
Sounds pretty cool, backing this idea

I guess Phorcys should be somewhere near the entrance to the sector, the Port Wander for the rest of the crusade
>>
>>46314044
>How many worlds
Roll d6(d100)! Unless we exceed that with our imagination
>Importance
Spacial anomaly for transportative reasons, a la Medusa V campaign? Or a bally upstart xenos empire?
>Factions
1-5 of the rarer ones, like marines, as many as we happen to invent for the others
>Danger/isolation/presence
It should probably be fairly dangerous and barely balanced between Imps, Traitors/Seceders, Xenos, and whoever the fuck else.

I pictured it as an Imperial crusade salient sandwiched between two walls of fuck you (no I can't imagine in 3d)
>>
Rolled 42, 14, 10, 29, 77, 55 = 227 (6d100)

>>46314324
>>
>>46314194
The penal world "Schwarz Convictus" is on one of the harshest planets in the sector. The desert planet has been classified by the Adeptus Administratium as a death world due to it's 10 different weather seasons.

Massive prison complexes are located near the north and south poles of the planet and take up even more space underground.

In the year 899.M41 a planet wide prison riot broke out and many convicts took over the planet. The Ordo Hereticus has several theories that can link the riots to a chaos origin. But due to other threats in the sector has only lead to the formation of a small Imperial Navy blockade that bombard the planet from time to time and shoots down any ships that try to leave the planet.

What do you think? I just made it up here on the spot
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (18 KB, 176x172) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
18 KB, 176x172
>>46314345
Looks good mate

Need to tie the prison riot into the larger overall happenings of the sector somehow
>>
>>46314386
Thanks. And feel free to expand on the planet itself. But I would like to keep the prisin riot and the Imperial blockade stuff
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 4, 5, 4, 3, 1, 3, 3, 5 = 33 (10d6)

>>46314324
Rolling for more reasonable number of planets
>>
>>46314313

riots sparked due to panic over Hrud infestation, which the navy is trying to contain? Hrud stow away on board human vessels, and the constant stream of convicts trying to escape puts the whole sector at risk.

>>46314386

I think Phorcys would be interesting in that most sector capitals tend to be fairly homogenous hive worlds. I also like the idea of different imperial institutions, the mechanicum, the navy and the administratum and so on each owning their own satellite enclaves on the planet's many moons.
>>
got those replies the wrong way round again.
>>
Reposting this again to aid planet generation
>>
Rolled 10, 9, 5, 9, 7, 10, 9, 9, 4, 4 = 76 (10d10)

>>46314132
rollin!
>>
>>46313877
all work in the thread has died off I think.
>>
>>46314500
Fortress world

Mixed biomes

Semi dangerous

Borderline heretical (changing thins to adhearant in order to make more sense)

Planet is in a state of war (against who?)

No cults

Adeptus astarties on world or close by

Inquisitorial suspicion

Traditional enemy is eldar

It's a high gravity world
-----
Ok looks like we got ourselves an ongoing warzone!
>>
>>46314583
>Ongoing warzone
>Eldar sneaking around
>High gravity
>Xenos presence
>Chapter gonna aid somehow
Any chapter here hates eldar?
>>
>>46314608
Doesn't all chapters hate Eldars of any kind?
>>
>>46314583
what shall we call this planet? Any suggestions?
>>
>>46314681
Estelios?
Agantyre?
Samoda?
Belefon?
>>
>>46314646
If the Eldar are the only threat around the imperium will try to kill them
If they're messing around otherwise they might just let them be
>>
>>46314466
Agreed, an orbital capital would be good, and it fits the crusade idea well (if we're doing that), as if they've had to build their own from scratch, as a staging post.

>>46314345
I like it. Would you rather Chaos or Xenos incitement?

Idea for the general setting:
A relative backwater sector with a few particularly valuable core worlds came under attack from a confederation of minor xenos on one side, and internal uprisings on the other.
The sector forge world, coming under an overwhelming attack, sent an urgent call for help. The message was received and... Sent to be processed, along with the other cries for help. Some fifty years later, a minor crusade force appeared in the sector, ready to push back the now well-established xenos. To their despair, some of the worlds have even willingly joined the aliens' fold, after the Imperium seemed to abandon them. The few faithful worlds (about 25% of original) now provide the staging point for a reclamatory war.
>>
>>46314774
Seems like a good backstory
>>
>>46314774
I'm liking this crusade idea. Gives a whole desperate air for the crusading force, makes the Imperium the underdogs instead
>>
>>46314345
We could have the Death Consuls help reclaim the world, considerig right now we've fluffed them up as Terror Police/Night Lords done right?
>>
>>46314774
I like the idea that chaos cults where resposible for the riots in order to throw the sector of balance just a bit more
>>
File: 1411155200002.jpg (77 KB, 500x605) Image search: [Google]
1411155200002.jpg
77 KB, 500x605
>>46314774

I like it. There can be a few core systems that have been in the Imperium for thousands of years, and are heavily developed. (to account for why they haven't fallen after fifty years of siege)

And then just beyond their borders is s vast, nightmarish expanse of alien and heretics in desperate need of purging.
>>
File: Imperial guard background gen.jpg (426 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Imperial guard background gen.jpg
426 KB, 1024x640
Rolled 33, 96, 49, 16, 30, 89, 83, 36, 73, 66, 40, 61 = 672 (12d100)

>>46314583
Rolling up the regiment sent to help defend the fortress world
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 9, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 9, 7, 9, 8 = 63 (12d10)

>>46314928
I'll roll too.
>>
Rolled 27, 29, 42, 54, 13, 65, 60, 29, 50, 55, 26, 63 = 513 (12d100)

>>46314973
Wait, wrong dice.
>>
File: Battlefleet.jpg (74 KB, 911x669) Image search: [Google]
Battlefleet.jpg
74 KB, 911x669
So, just to be clear, the crusading force's fleet is called Battlefleet Ludotrade?

Also, we need a name for the crusade. Remember, crusade's are named after the leading Lord-General Militant
>>
>>46314928
>Imperial guard
>Homeworld lost (we can just say they are a part of the crusade force)
>Terrain N/A
>Infantry regiment
>stealth warfare
>Unorthodox
>gangers (thinking of goign with vat-born instead since that soudns cool)
>Elite tithe
>Special vehicle
>Best of the best
>Friends: Admech
>Enemies: CSM (or eldar in this case)
>>
>>46315007

I feel Ludotrade doesn't quite have a ring to it.
>>
>>46315015
So you got a regiment with cool gadgets from the AdMech, while the AdMech are going 'These are not Skitarii. Nope. Not in the least.'
>>
>>46314681
>>46314696
Tvrdja?
Krusevac?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>46315144
>>46314696
Rolling for the name
>>

Cordesancti?
>>
>>46315172
>>46315144
Looks like it's Krusevac
>>
Can anyone think of any better names for the sector than Ludotrade?
>>
>>46315210
Vastrasenica?
>>
>>46314997
>Guard
>Feral World
>Desert World
>Heavy Infantry
>Drill & Discipline
>Undisciplined
>Space pilgrims
>Elite tithe
>Rare Heavy Weapon
>For the Emperor
>Adeptus Astartes Chapter
>CSM
Hmm. I'd say officers recruited from a fairly standard desert-world regiment, in command of a conscript force taken from a pilgrim fleet that happened to be in the area as the Crusade got started and were pressed into service, and they're not happy about it. So the officers are trying to impose the fighting spirit they're accustomed to from their home regiment from above, and it's not working.
>>
>>46315039
Agreed.

Also I don't know what you guys have planned, but here's my personal opinions.

>Fringe sector, be it Eastern or Pacificus. Although my preference would be Eastern for obvious reasons.

>Each faction has a presence, no matter how small, but no single faction has any greater prominence, unless it's the Imperium and they're being assaulted on all sides, a Chaos crusade, an Orc WAAAHG or a Tyranid Eating Contest.

>The fluff about the sector should be reasonably modest, giving it a reason why it's a relative blip on the radar. If we go a little bigger the project should hold its nose and dive straight into Sueflake land. It's all about checks, balances, and restraint.

>I feel an over all theme would be nice. Mine would be East Versus west, with Asiatic factions such as the Exterminators, Thunder Devils, Angels Apostate, and to a lesser degree the Golden Spectres, and overtly western factions such as the Praetorians, Sanguine Shields, and the Bolts of Hammerwatch. Maybe the Sunken Angels if I can get away with it. I will

>The sector gets more dangerous as it nears the epicenter off the fighting, with the exterior of the sector being safe enough for a level one Dark Heresy party with the hot spot being challenging for a high level Deathwatch party.

>While having fun is the goal of all of this, let's keep the memes to a minimum. I don't want a repeat of Tijian sector.
>>
Rolled 63, 67, 52, 74, 8, 77, 54, 70, 27, 22, 78, 87 = 679 (12d100)

>>46314928
>>
>>46315240

Vastrasenica sounds great. Let's go with that.
>>
>>46315270
>>While having fun is the goal of all of this, let's keep the memes to a minimum.

Agreed.

>a reason why it's a relative blip on the radar

Hence the xenos alliance idea, original enough but in-context the Imperium doesn't consider it terribly important next to Tyranids or Chaos
>>
File: Sector-blank.png (26 KB, 1263x1084) Image search: [Google]
Sector-blank.png
26 KB, 1263x1084
>>46315007
>>46315039
Could be, but being a crusade force, I suppose it would be drawn from several other sectors' fleets, rather than being a single actual battlefleet. Possibly the [Data Not Found] crusade flotilla. I imagine that due to miscalculation and miscommunication, it would be a tiny thing, barely two dozen mismatched line ships at the very most.

As regards the name, someone please suggest something else, Ludotrade was a placeholder.

>>46315240
Overcomplex, in my eyes, but if it has support I'll take it.

>>46315270
I like the east/west. Possibly one side is native, the other is crusade?
>>
>>46315366
>Overcomplex
Vasenica then?
>>
>>46315366
Hooray, a map!

Also, just realized that the Death Consuls are the oldest chapter out of all of these guys.

They're second founding compared to all of the other chapters in this thread.
>>
File: v0_master.jpg (273 KB, 420x450) Image search: [Google]
v0_master.jpg
273 KB, 420x450
>>46315366
Maybe the crusade's leader is Lord Militant Welslay, hence the Welslay Crusade
>>
>>46315302
>Type
PDF
>Planet Tech Level
Medieval World
>Planet Type
Ice Terrain
>Regiment Type
Drop Infantry
>Tactics
Shock and Awe
>Allegiance
Unorthodox
>Recruitment
Lottery
>Quality
Standard Conscription
>Special Equipment
Specialized Lasgun Pattern
>Motivation
For the Homeworld
>Allies
Imperial Navy
>Enemies
Chaos Aligned Group

Medieval Drop Infantry using Las-Muskets who hate a specific Chaos group and love Shock and Awe. Maybe one of the moons of the Sector Capitol is a frozen tundra and that's where these guys are from.
>>
>>46312900
Hrud would be the perfect enemy for the Hua Yuan.
>>
So we have Krusevac, a fortress world under attack from eldar raiders, Phorcys, crusade staging post and sector capital, and Schwarz Convictus, a penal colony and quarantined heretical hellhole - perhaps the first target of the crusade?
>>
>>46315541
Schwarz Convictus would probably be a minor target, a 'smash and grab' operation to get supplies and equipment useful for the crusade, and to get rid of the rioting prisoners before they get all chaos-y.

And then when the operation happens, Chaos shit goes down while the regiments and/or chapter have to contain it before it gets loose and wrecks the crusader force.

Dear god, I'm thinking like a BL writer
>>
Rolled 4, 9, 1, 8, 4, 8, 10, 4, 6, 2 = 56 (10d10)

>>46314132
Rolling up a (hopefully) good planet for this sector
>>
>>46313875
Just made a new guard unit, haven't named them yet. Any planetary name restrictions?
>>
File: Vasenica Sector.png (60 KB, 1344x1084) Image search: [Google]
Vasenica Sector.png
60 KB, 1344x1084
>>46315391
Much more comfortable, but don't let me dictate

>>46315786
Don't make the name a joke, basically.

How's this for a vague visual discription of the situation?
>>
>>46315772
Feral
Mixed biomes
Death world
Belivers but unorthodox
Planet sends troops to nearby conlicts
Active genestealer cults
fortress world (going with poorly trained PDF instead)
Threat: Ork waagh
Traditional enemy: Tyranids
The planet has 5 habital moons
>>
>>46313929
My personal guard unit Kebrade Bronze Heavies
Kebrade mining hive world develop special type of bronze that they use for their extremely hardy armour.
>>
I'm thinking that, while the limit for chapters is about 5, the limit of regiments is 7-10, because they're the Guard they throw bodies at the enemy all the time
>>
>>46315831
Can we use this to make the forge world?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Mechanicus_Forge_World_Creation_Tables
>>
Rolled 69, 84, 91, 2, 39, 48 = 333 (6d100)

>>46315958
Rolling for it, first digit counts for d10s
>>
>>46315958
Sure can!

>Orthodox
>Specific Weapon Types
>Bulk Production
>Praise be to Father Mars!
>Average Martian Skitarii
>>
>>46315831

How about for our secessionists we have a self-proclaimed Confederation of Man, led by a renegade space marine dictator, trying to recreate the Imperium according to the Emperor's 'true intentions'
>>
Necrons: y/n?
>>
>>46315831
Can you add the planets we currnely have made, named and fluffed out a bit on? I also think the Schwarz Convictus should be somewhere near a border to a non imperial region
>>
>>46313567
>Golden Spectres
My fucking nigga
>>
Can we get a summary?
>>
Rolled 41, 14, 61, 87, 31, 90 = 324 (6d100)

>>46316045
>>46315958
The most boring forge world ever

Let's reroll.
>>
>>46316064
Yes, there was a thread for making them a while back I can find for you
>>
>>46316105
That one died off though, OP never came back
>>
>>46316124
I have a feeling I may have been OP...
Did it start out as an ork warband thread?
>>
>>46316141
Nah. It was specifically a necron thread.

Though there may have been a necron thread I'm unaware of.
>>
>>46316124
I fear the Thunder Devils will share the same fate soon unless OP returns.
>>
>>46316164
Usually Marine chapters are fleshed out over a series of threads, not in just one
>>
>>46315831
We rolled up a Penal Regiment and finer details for Siberis, the Death Consuls homeworld.

Still need a Name for these guys.
>Penal Legion
>Infantry Regiment
>Counter Insurgency
>Fanatical
>Standard Consription/Convicts
>Augmented Troops.
>Friends with Adeptus Titanicus
>Enemies with Dark Eldar.

Siberis:
>Ice Penal World
>Adherent
>Mostly Peaceful
>Genestealer Cults Active
>Adeptus Astartes on World
>Inquisitorial Suspicion
>Eldar as Traditional Enemy, decided on Dark Eldar to match the Penal Legion.
>10 Different Weather Seasons. Cold, Colder, Even Colder, Really Friggin' Cold, etc.
>>
>>46316157
A really long time ago I remember there was a thread that made a dynasty that was slaved to Nyadra'zatha, the Burning One. I think a necron tomb on a volcanic planet sounds fun.
>>
>>46316157
It's good inspiration if anything. The more stuff tg has made the better
>>
SUMMARY? What do we have so far
>>
>>46315957
7-10 minimum. Probably more like 3 dozen for a multi-planet invasion.

>>46316058
Ok boys! Renegade marine realm, or Xeno sympathisers?

>>46316071
The image is made in MS paint, people should feel free to edit it as they feel necessary, you all have my permission.

>>46316104
>Orthodox
>Guard arms
>Macrotech
>Pride in self, fealty to mars
>Superior Mars Skitarii
Yaaaay.Maybe if we swap skitarii for servitors? Nothing goes to waste in a siege...
>>
>>46316216
In case anyone doesn't know, Nyadra'zatha was the C'tan that showed the necrons how to access the webway by using dolmen gates. He's also a pyromaniac.
>>
>>46316203
Name: Siberian Shtrafbats

.>Friends with Adeptus Titanicus
Bit of a doozy there
>>
File: sector map.png (154 KB, 1312x1128) Image search: [Google]
sector map.png
154 KB, 1312x1128
>>46315831
>>46316272

Is this alright for what we have?
>>
>>46316389
So Krusevac should probably be the planet on the front, instead of Hua Yuan. And maybe that forge world (need a name people) is near Krusevac, supplying the world with arms and armor
>>
>>46316389
was hoping for them to be closer to the rising sons and their yari -IG
>>
>>46316389
Don't forget Siberis, my friend. Got to have our good ol' Prison Planet in there somewhere.
>>
>>46316429

alright I'll move them about and add a forge world soon as we have a name.

>>46316455

Hoping for who?
>>
>>46316389
Any room for these guys?
>>46315880
>>
>>46315451
If the Sunken Angels slip in there they will be just as old.

>>46315366
Considering that their are loyalists and traitors on both sides of don't think making it that simple would work. Besides there's some tongue and cheek spitting in the eye of history what with the Thunder Devils being buds with the Exterminators or some other Hua Yuanese regiment. I do think friction between the Eurocentric Imperium and these stranded "oriental" loyalists and how they have to put aside cultural differences for the greater imperium to smash xenos and heretics who are too stupid or stubborn to do the same. Those that do would form the Axis of Evil in the sector.

Until the Crons/Tyranids decide that it's a good as time as any for a buffet.

>>46315522
There are actually Hrud in the underhive, amongst other things.

How's about the Marcovian Sector? After Mr. Polo himself, the OG when it comes to East West relations
>>
>>46316485
Are all the homeworlds gonna be bunched up in the Imperial area?
>>
>>46316506
True enough, I quite liked them!

Not to bother, but could we ohave some help fluffing the Death Consuls? We've fluffed the Homeworkd more than we have the chapter, really.
>>
>>46315599
Nah man, have shit go slightly askew on the planet and an inquisitor team investigating while the invasion is under way.

Have items or clues to a more serious ongoing chaos threat in sector. Better spring board to launch into 5 more worlds all simultaniously going to shit and having to be contrained before being systematically hammered down.
>>
>>46316510
Would make sense for Kebrade to be near a forge world for easy access to raw materials. But that doesn't have to be the case, they could be out in the successionist area and have to make dangerous supply runs to imperial space
>>
>>46316389
Looking good. What do we think for the forge world? Still sort of isolated, or?

>>46316510
They can be, unless you want to make them secessionists/conquered.

>>46316272
I'll try and make a briefed list of the regiments and planets. We really need some names.
Also, some local history as to why the sector might be Easternesque.
>>
Anyone have thoughts on the firecrons?
>>
>>46316651
I'm for them
>>
File: sector map.png (160 KB, 1313x1128) Image search: [Google]
sector map.png
160 KB, 1313x1128
>>46316621

just waiting for our forge world to be named, although perhaps it can one, or indeed several of the moons of Phorcys.
>>
How about we call the forge world Kurei, officially the Kurei Sector Arsenal?
>>
>>46316389
Giving the Hrud that much airspace makes me deeply uncomfortable. How's about a cobeligerant conclave of Tau+Minor Xenos+Ork Mercenaries and Exodites?

In fact why not give the Imperium the most real estate, but have the Xenos and heretics territory have serious overlap, to indicate eroding Imperial control in the area, thus justified the crusade.

Also if this is to include the little moon of Hua Yuan this must be the Eastern Fringe, close to Istivan and Tyran, bordering on Ultima.
>>
>>46316686
Their main goal is to spread the flames of their C'tan master. Where are they located on the map?

>inb4 "hurr no C'tan controlled necrons"
>>
>>46316711
I'm starting to question Hua Yuan's involvement.
>>
>>46316304

Also to call back attention to this, what flavour are our secessionists?

Chaos-tainted heretics? Q'orl vassals/allies? Rebels united under a renegade space marine dictator?
>>
>>46316783
Why not like the secessionists from Only War, believing that they're the right ones fighting against a corrupt Imperium, and the fact that their leader is a Space Marine makes them think it's legitimate?
>>
>>46316783
I'm really digging the renegade space marine dictator angle.
>>
>>46316819
I like this idea
>>
>>46316769
Why's that, my man?
>>
>>46316769

I was under the impression everyone expected them to be a part of it. After all, this sector is about trying to draw together a lot of recent /tg/ stuff.

What do people think?

>>46316738

You're quite right about the Hrud. I'll reduce their territory substantially. They should infest only a few worlds. After all, one Hrud infested hive is going to be much like any other.

But what do people think should take up their space?

Tau, Eldar, Orks + others seems like an unlikely alliance.
>>
>>46316871
Atleast for Tau they can ave a small working sept and a few research/outposts worlds?
>>
>>46316871
Give the orks a bit to the left and have the tau coming in from the bottom left corner
>>
>>46316711
>>46316272
List of Current worlds
>Phorcys, Gas giant capital, fleet base, many orbital stations
>Schwarz Convictus , Penal desert world in total uprising
>Krusevac, High gravity fortress world, suspicion of borderline heresy (Or adherent), enemy of eldar
>Feral deathworld, unorthodox, genestealer cults, threatened by orks and tyranids
>Siberis, frozen penal world

Current Regiments
>Vat born/gangers, stealthers, special vehicle (Special insertion vehicle?)
>Feral, Desert, drilled but undisciplined, elite pilgrims: Janissaries?
>Medieval Drop Infantry using Las-Muskets Maybe one of the moons of the Sector Capitol is a frozen tundra and that's where these guys are from.
>Kebrade Bronze Heavies, mining hive world, special type of bronze used for extremely hardy armour
>Siberis, Augmented fanatical penal infantry

>>46316819
Seems to be the most popular angle currently.

>>46316769
>>46316871
I agree, the idea was to tie things together, but I don't know if anyone here was involved with their creation so as to legitimise involvement.
>>
>>46316819
>>46316826

I find the angle interesting too. We rarely get to see space marines involved in anything more complicated than shooting things in the face.

I'm reminded of that BL novel about a Heresy-era Dark Angel getting transported into the 41st millenium due to warp fuckery, becoming horrified at the state of the Imperium, and trying to create his own realm on some backwater world. Where he can recreate the Imperium as he believes it was supposed to be.

What chapter, or legion should ours come from? What should his motivations be? Is he a despotic tyrant, or a benevolent ruler with sincere intentions?
>>
File: firecrons.jpg (135 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
firecrons.jpg
135 KB, 960x720
>>46316871
All will be fuel for the burning one!
>>
>>46314696
>>46316480
Liking Agantyre as a forge world name.
>>
>>46317029
I'd like it if the Marine was actually sincere, or at least believes he's sincere.

Ultramarines or Imperial Fists would be better on the whole leading bit, more administrative and all that.
>>
>>46317029
Wait what? That sounds awesome. Do you know the name of the book? You've peaked my interest and I wish to read it.

>>46317060
Sounds good to me.

>>46316651
I like it.
>>
Sometimes I wish we had a designated thread-meister for creation threads like this, somebody who can herd the cats, keep us from just jumping from topic to topic
>>
>>46317029
I like the idea of a space marine being left for dead in some war. He get passed because his emperor and unit abandoned him, he scratches his way away from that war or wherever he was. Takes control of successionists. anti emperor
>>
>>46316480
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Rising_Sons

fitting to the asia theme? no? Ok.
>>
>>46316856
They where always better by themselves I feel, now. Their big thing was isolationism allowed them to go full 80's hyperviolent china. Then the warp storms cleared and now they have Tau to fuck up.

The biggest external stuff was Isolated in the Eastern Fringe, the occasional Tyranid, and their local Tau shitheads.

Here there is so much going on like Orks and Tyranids, and for some god awful reason Minor Xenos holding any sort of ground.

They where better when it was just "Yeah they're in that area where the tryanids where and the Tau are. Figure it out" now they're going to be dependant on a bunch of ridiculous stuff, namely the Orks and the Minor Xenos, which had a middling effect on them. I'd just remove them entirely and have their system be ambiguous in specific location.

>>46316871
Minor Xenos coalition and the Tau. The Exodites are few and far between but they would find it easier to "side" with the Tau than the Orks or Isha forbid the Imperium.

If this is going to involve Hua Yuan (which needs to be shrunk down and isolated by orders of magnitude) then the biggest players are Tau+Minor Xenos and Tyranids, probably a returning or new Hive Fleet. The Orks would be Newcomers and the Necrons real estate would be relatively small considering they just woke up most likely. The Heretics and Renegades could spawn from behind the lines of the hive fleet, the encroaching Tau+Minor Xenos and Awakened Crons, leaving them stranded and cut off and the only one they can count on is themselves/chaos.

My statements regarding Minor Xenos applies to the Quorl as well.
>>
>>46312006
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Tiji_Sector
>>
>>46317121
I'M TRYING.

>>46317199
Yeah, but we don't want memes
>>
>>46317121
I nominate Arbites Anon
>>
>>46317199
>Ctrl+F
>Being a faggot
>Pick one
>>
>>46317224
Arbites, I'm just going to say this.

Thank you. You're a pretty cool Anon, and you've done a ton for all of these threads, mang.

But anyways, I'm trying to fluff the Death Consuls right now, but it seems like it's just me currently, so I'll help out in here if I can.
>>
>>46317196
I just figured we could have a Hua yuan regiment stationed in this sector. I didn't want the actual world to be in it, just them having a presence
>>
>>46317256
>>46317224
>>46317277
I concur. It's past midnight and I've got a lot of work in the day, so I'm in no state for catwrangling. And even if I were, someone else would do it better.
>>
>>46317277
yeah we already a location for Hua Yuan near Ichar
>>
>>46317090

It was called Angels of Darkness. The marine's been captured by the 41st millenium's dark angels, who've destroyed his secessionist realm and taken him for torture and interrogation. He's looking back on his little realm and trying to explain his motivations and ideals to his interrogator, who's deeply disturbed by the whole business because he was expecting a raving chaos fanatic. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>46317383
Fascinating! I'll give it a read once I actually have money to buy it and the Forge of Mars trilogy/Omnibus.
>>
>>46317277
Working on filling out the Heavies will also help if needed

Also dem repeating digits
>>
File: sector map.png (169 KB, 1313x1128) Image search: [Google]
sector map.png
169 KB, 1313x1128
Alright. Here's it updated. I've probably missed things though. What needs to change?
>>
>>46317256
Aw thanks Anon.

>>46317277
Hey man, I appreciate it. Honestly this shit is crack to me and ya'll are my dealers and entire supply chain. I snort Fluff in the morning to get me going and smoke some at night to put me out.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

>>46317299
This works! Having it relatively close to the Hua Yuan native system could justify the presence of Hua Yuanese from Exterminators to Siege to Line Infantry. Basically the Cadians of this scenario but with less fucks to give and more ramming lines off looted swords.

So, let's get some shit straight. Post haste. Final desicions, right now.

>Sector Name
>Segmentum
>Major power
>Theme

GO
>>
>>46317590
I'll post my two sense here in a second.
>>
Right, I'm going to bed. I'll collate what progress may have been made by morning, and so on.
I'll also contribute my 357th Ourovi Widowers to the crusade (because I don't know if we'll ever hear from that other guy) and expand as wanted.

'Appy kroosadin' ladz!
>>
>>46317600

Name Teagelicus

Ultima

Major power: Xenos Coalition, Keeping Imperium in Check

Theme: Expand the Imperium and Purge the Alien.
>>
>>46317079

I like the idea of it being a rogue ultramarine! /tg/ likes to think of them as autocratic narcissists already.

Perhaps the map should read 'New Ultramar' for the secessionists.
>>
>>46317143
I like this for an opponent, maybe he will alingn with the Tau, maybe Chaos, maybe both, or neither
>>
>>46317590
Where do the firecrons go?
>>
>>46317678
>teagalicius

....other than that name I like it
>>
>>46317600
Just to answer before sleep, with my understanding,

>Sector Name
Vasenica
>Segmentum
Ultima
>Major power
Not particularly. Balance of alien coalition and renegades
>Theme
Discovery (Coalition), Cultural conflict (Crusaders vs natives), whatever with seceders who feel abandoned, reconquista whilst resisting
>>
>>46317760
>>46317678
yeah Names are hard use this faggots name >>46317780
Vasenica is my vote
>>
>>46317818
Vasenica sounds good to me
>>
>>46317818
I agree with Vasenica.

Anyone want to help with the Death Consuls? Need some ideas for what to fluff.
>>
>>46317808
>As for a theme, I feel like trying to impose anything too particular on the sector as a whole would be a detriment to creativity,

I generally agree with this, but not every adventure has to match the theme, it's good to define the "background noise" to a campaign though
>>
>>46317590
Are the Q'Orl and Tau in communication at all?
>>
>>46317873

sorry deleted that just because it was just clutter. Everyone agreed on the name, and so on.
>>
>>46317881
It would make sense diplomacy wise, Should all not Imperium factions have an uneasy ceasefire? The return of the imperium Shocked the other factions into an uneasy truce.

Starting wars are the best Dark Heresy missions
>>
>>46317881
They could be, if people like.

The Q'orl have a galactic manifest destiny ideal much like the Imperium, but unlike the Imperium they're open to diplomacy.

They've been screwed other by humans and eldar in their ancient past however, so they're highly aggressive towards both of them.
>>
>>46317948
Tau aren't gonna have a cease Fire with orks
>>
>>46318024
Not even Ork mercs? Freebootas?
>>
>>46317615

Was there not anything that needed changing?

Also, ideas for our space marine dictator anyone So far I think he's been established as an ultramarine trying to create a superior civilisation from the ruins of the imperium.
>>
>>46318165
Tau have a bad history with orks, but it's not impossible for them to try and convert them to the greater good
>>
>>46318166
Let's start with his name and rank. Was he a sergeant?
>>
>>46318238

The q'orl, or the secessionists could ally with the Tau, but never the orks.
>>
>>46318263
Secessionists could use Orc or dark eldar mercs
>>
File: The Liberator.jpg (185 KB, 840x613) Image search: [Google]
The Liberator.jpg
185 KB, 840x613
>>46318254

Hmm. Names are hard. We'd have to think about that. But at any rate, he can be a former Ultramarine sergeant.

Perhaps he ended up there through warp fuckery, and was corrupted in the process, or was stranded in an Imperial retreat decades ago, and became disillusioned with the brothers who abandoned him to die.
>>
>>46318356
Agreed, abandoned disillusioned sgt
>>
Oh boy. Another sector to join Oestalan, Uredius, and the like. Oh, but this one will be different! It will be filled with this month's memes. Yeah. Low hopes here.
>>
>>46318254
Maybe a Company Champion turned chaos champion. He was a consummate duelist and model of Honor until he was abandoned. He feel betrayed and turns.

Brutus Severius the Abandoned.
Brutus bc duh
Severius bc severed bonds of loyalty

Sergeant is the rank for Company Champions right?
>>
>>46318401

For a character so pivotal to the entire sector of course, we'd have to go into detail about the nature of his disillusionment, and his aims.

Nation building and governance are part of Ultramarine culture, of course, but carving out your own empire and fighting the Imperium and fellow space marines needs some strong justification.
>>
>>46318454

How about Herclius, after the Byzantine usurper?
Styled Heraclius the Liberator by himself, perhaps

And what should his secessionist realm be called?

New Ultramar?
The Confederation of Man?
>>
>>46318454

It's just Severius is perhaps too reminiscent of the Severan Dominate.
>>
>>46318454
I dunno about chaos. I don't like how every single time someone thinks twice about following the imperium they turn into a heretic within the month.
>>
>>46318584

I agree with this entirely. Its one thing for a factorum serf to take exception to a 19 hour work day, another for him to start worshipping cosmic abominations who want to eat his soul.
>>
>>46318455
Was thinking the sgt and his brothers were ordered to hold a specific location and wait for reinforcements,
They held for a while sgt watched as brother after brother died still believing holding position was of importance and backup was on the way
Eventually he is left the only one left with still no contact or reinforcement. The sgt looks off in the distance as he sees the imperium ships meant to reinforce his position rocket spaceward leaving him stranded surrounded by his dead brothers
>>
>>46317881
This guy raises a point. Tau and Q'Orl are literally diametrically opposed in the galaxy. How the fuck are they both in this sector, no matter what segmentem. One of them has to go, and I think we should replace the Q'Orl with a (multiple) homebrew(s).
>>
>>46318584
>>46318624
Space Marines aren't just super soldiers. They have the Virtues and Vices of mortal men amplified exponentially. When they are heroes they save worlds, When they fall only slightly they risk their immortal soul.

That's why you don't see many neutral jedi space marines lorewise
>>
>>46318645
Needs to be a good reason why they would just leave a squad of hemidemisemigods behind, though.
It's a perfectly good story, it just needs a bit more.
>>
You let the Devils die
>>
>>46318692

Good point. Should Q'orl be gotten rid of? Shame, I like them, but they are in the completely wrong place.
>>
>>46318819

Remember that space marines, particularly ones form such a vaunted chapter as the Ultramarines, can be intensely proud, even narcissistic. The perceived slight against his honour and worth from being abandoned could have enraged him utterly.
>>
File: 1459212850057919564904.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1459212850057919564904.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Mind, it's not perfect, far from, but it's how I would have things.
>>
>>46318921
I'd prefer we get rid of the Tau. Absolutely nobody does anything with the Q'orl, we should change that.
>>
>>46319013
should the Necrons be controlling space or just have worlds that are not to be fucked with.
>>
>>46318921
Yes. They are no names with no models. If they can't be rolled into Tau/Tau mercenaries/Tau cobelligerents drop them.

Sectors like this need brand name recognition.
>>
>>46318819
Any suggestions are welcomed

Corrupt incompetent imperial guard general convinces captain of ultramarines he needs that position held for some sort of personal gain, maybe his private library of 1st editions was in that town. Gets his books out, says fuck those marines would take too long to get em out. Tells capn they are all dead as they abandon world
>>
>>46319049
I agree Tau should stay
>>
>>46319033
>>46319049
>>46319118

Surely they can both stay. The Tau, after all, were on the opposite side of the galaxy in battlefleet gothic.

It's warp fuckery. Except the Tau never really had a good fluff excuse, since they're so reticent about the warp.

But the Q'orl do.

The Q'orl never developed their own FTL, but xenology fluff has them experimenting on captured imperial warp tech and navigators. They don't really know what they're doing but they're recklessly playing around with the stuff. They could end up scattered across the galaxy as a result.
>>
>>46319033
I do like the Q'Orl as an idea over Tau (spacetrains!), but then we'd also have to get rid of the Tyranid splinter fleet. Unless...
Guys, what happens if you leave a bunch of Q'Orl eggs (and a queen or queen egg) on a space hulk and push it drifting?
>>
>>46319046
I think the latter, because the necrons don't really need to control a vast amount of space to be a threat.
>>
>>46319258

why would we have to get rid of nids?
>>
Well I guess thats all for tonight. We'll have to settle this q'orl-tau thing and then sort out our space marine.
>>
This sector needs at least one planet that noone and nothing can land on for some fucking reason. Like seriously, nothing can get near it. I just think it would make for some really interesting games.
>>
>>46319631
Well, the sector capital is a gas giant. Does that count?
>>
>>46318833
They let themselves die
>>
>>46320128
>>46318833
Who?
>>
>>46320198
A "tg space marine chapter" thread. It died, so it couldn't have been all that great
>>
>>46319705
Not really. I mean you can still enter the planet's atmosphere. I mean something where everyone that tries to "arrive at planet x" either vanishes, dies, or somehow winds up elsewhere. Basically a planet where noone knows what the fuck is going on except from what they can see when looking at it from a distance. For added fuckery, attempts to blow it up seem to fail equally frequently. But nothing has ever left the planet either. So there could be like a blockade around it watching it constantly but unable to do any more than that.

Campaigns for the various games could start with "nothing has ever left the planet... until now" or "noone could ever reach the planet, but somehow you did, likely by accident"
>>
>>46320262
Was a joke.
Anyways, it sounds fun. If we decide to explain it I'd say it has something to do with C'tan or Old One fuckery.
>>
>>46320198
Thunder Devils
OP left and never came back
>>
Once I get to work and settle in i'll start up a thread to throw together the sectors requisite Ork Warband. If you're going to use the Houri, we'll need at least one.
>>
>>46319046
I would say controlling space. The rising conflict awakened them, and I see these guys as pyromaniac Oldcrons, so they would turnover pretty quickly.

>>46319207
My problem is that the Q'orl are A) Nobodies. I had to research them to properly structure this argument. And B)Goofy as hell man. Space trains? Space Mosquitoes? Using navigators with brain maggots as warp engines? I mean there's goofier stuff, sure, and lord only knows I've written worse, but then comes C) They are on the other side of the Galaxy, and chalking it up to lolwarp is never a good idea and generally cheapens things.

Our Minor Xenos can be with the Tau Coalition, makes things nice and simple.
>>
File: Jupiter and itΓÇÖs moon, IO.jpg (58 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
Jupiter and itΓÇÖs moon, IO.jpg
58 KB, 960x800
Rolled 8, 3, 5, 3, 9, 7, 2, 6, 1, 1 = 45 (10d10)

>>46314132
Can I just roll up some more planets?
>>
>>46321033
>Our Minor Xenos can be with the Tau Coalition, makes things nice and simple.
The tau cadre creation thread mentioned ITT were specifically cosmopolitan, so I think we should go with those guys
>>
File: Spacestation Vexui-pirate held.jpg (395 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Spacestation Vexui-pirate held.jpg
395 KB, 1680x1050
>>46321066
Classification: 8- Paradise world
Physical Nature: 3- Ice world
Deadliness: 5- Semi-dangerous
Loyalty Rating: 3- Adherent to Imperial Religion
War Rating: 9-Mostly peaceful, Centuries pass between widespread strife
Insurgency Rating: 7- Petty cults active
Military Status: 2- Poorly Trained PDF
Threats: 6- Chaos Incursion
Ancient foe: 1- Orks
Unique Factor: 1- Tidal locking

Write up incoming.
>>
File: crystal_planet_by_aradacian.png (988 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
crystal_planet_by_aradacian.png
988 KB, 1024x820
>>46321192
The paradise world of Accha, a jewel rested gently in the nape of the Segementum's crown. An oddity, as far as paradise worlds are concerned, as it is frozen to it's core and locked in a face-forward dance with a distant yellow sun. She spins in tandem with her stride, the sun-ward face catching just enough sunlight for the various composite ices of the planet's crust to melt or sublimation, a thin but breathable atmosphere forever rising from the surface, blowing to the twilight boundary, and falling as razor snows. this forms a distinct and deadly boundary between night and day upon Accha, and one it's inhabitants believe to be a gift from the emperor, a divine defensive line from the Eternal Cold that hungers on the other side.

Another peculiarity of this world is it's surface's never ending march to the center of the sun-ward face. As the ice and snow turns to gas, new icebergs and glaciers push into the space. The twilight lands are marked by the razor snows that pile, pile and pile, forming mountains of ice that reach to the sky and slide either way, either to the sun-ward lowlands or the shattered face of the ever-dark. All of this constant churning of material means that no stationary formation could exist for long, save for at the very heart of the sun-ward side's face, where a single hive rests, crystalline in composition, an homage to the planet it claims.
How is this so far?
>>
>>46321108
Clarify your statement.
>>
>>46321694
>>46313426
These guys, in their thread, they had a system of sort of aggressive cosmopolitanism that could work when including more minor xenos species
>>
File: Romulan_Neutral_Zone_map.jpg (58 KB, 950x537) Image search: [Google]
Romulan_Neutral_Zone_map.jpg
58 KB, 950x537
I demand a Neutral Zone between the territories of the Tau Empire and Imperium of Man where both sides act incredibly passive-aggressive and frequently violate via privateers and mercenaries in order explore the unknown goodies that lie between the borders.
>>
>>46321837
It would have to be an informal thing, as I don't see the Imperium making any sort of formal non-aggression treaty with those pesky aliums.
>>
>>46321923
non-passive aggression treaty you mean
>>
>>46321923
The Imperium? Gods no, but the local governors, fleet admirals and clerks? Yes, yes I could see them cutting a deal and then just not reporting it.
>>
>>46321967
No, I can totally see the Imperium committing to a treaty of non-passive aggression.
>>
>>46321923

>>46321998
This, basically. There have been a number of reports of more local organizations of the Imperium making calls of non-aggression with the Tau for a variety of reasons, be it from Tyranids to both groups just agreeing that enough is enough (for now).
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 239x211
Ork thread is up here >>46322081
>>
>>46322206
in there, desu baka senpai
>>
Hey, anybody interesting in helping with the Golden Spectres? It hasn't gotten a lot of attention despite being on thread three
>>
>>46323111
Link?
>>
>>46323157
>>46307851
Their main deal is a more stealthy approach to defense, being Imperial Fists successors. Ambushes, traps, obscured bulwarks, subterfuge, distractions. That sort of thing
>>
Ork Warband turning the tg sector into a cluster fuck on par with a dark crusade or the Gothic war
>>
>>46323219
Looks like things are mostly sorted desu senpai. Not sure what's left to figure out
>>
>>46319013
It's obviously shit and needs work, but any thoughts?
>>
>>46323221
we are going to need more guns...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.