[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loyalist Night Lords Chapter Fluff.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 400x500
Alright, so I made a thread a while ago, left for a bit, it 404'd, and now I want to bring it back.

Here's a recap straight from my memory:
>Crusade.
>31st Millenium.
>Traitor Legion or Unknown.
>Pure.
>See, But Don't Be Seen.
>1st Company Captain lost to the Warp.
>Ice Hive World.
>Direct Rule.
>Codex-Adherent.
>Terror Tactics.
>Emperor Above All.
>Nominal Strength.
>Friends with Adeptus Arbites.
>Enemies with CSM, specifically Night Lords.

Help me fluff these guys, what I remember we agreed on was that they were loyalist Night Lords who disagreed with going to Chaos and remember back when they were pretty much the Emp's Terror Police. They also hate the Original Night Lords for joining Chaos.

However, that's all I remember from what we agreed on, other than what we rolled.

I can't remember if we had agreed on a name.

>Color Scheme V1.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x500
>>46295002
>Color Scheme V2.
>>
How would terror tactics work against the night lords?
>>
Weren't the Night Lords capable of predicting the future? Their Primarch certainly was.
>>
>>46295787
fat load of good that did him
>>
>>46295002
>Terror Tactics
>Friends with Adeptus Arbites.

I'm sensing some Dredd potential here.
>>
>>46295884
go around making sure that planets with heretical tendencies toe the line
>>
>>46295002
Your color scheme is godawful and I'll tell you why. NEVER differentiate the color of the bottom legs from the thighs. Different colored boots and greaves immediately drawn attention there so viewers stare at the feet of the model. This instantly makes it worse.

Unless you go for a quarter or halved color scheme, the color of the legs should always be the color of the breastplate. Highlight the head, pauldrons, and arms with different colors so attention is drawn to the upper body, which adds more character to the model.
>>
>>46295741
It would be like trying to burn a tree with another tree.
>>
>>46296086
Fuck you I've started fires that way.
>>
>>46295884
>>46295909
Now this sounds like an idea.

"Heretics? On this planet? Begin an investigation immediately. Eliminate them all."

>>46296002
I'll go into the painter and fix that, it's not a solid scheme in the first place, just something I whipped up for the chapter.

>>46296086
I find this statement funny.
>>
>>46296140
I dare you to set fire to a Redwood using an Oak tree. A damage free Oak tree with no fire on it.
>>46296149
Thanks, but this is 40k. Earth trees may not be able set fire to each other due to being normal Earth trees, but there are alien trees. Palm trees with coconuts that might as well be melta bombs and fire breathing Magnolis.
>>
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x500
>>46296002
>>46296149
Alright, made a new color scheme.

We still need to come up with a name, and fluff.

>>46296238
Not gonna lie, those trees sound cool.
>>
>>46296478
9/10, vastly improved. My attention is immediately drawn to the helmet, which is always a good thing. Would be an absolute bitch to paint, but looks very unique. Also avoids the Stormtrooper look from star wars.
>>
>>46296478
I try my best, Anon. Somewhere there's a planet where there's melta palm trees everywhere, and the locals have managed to not kill themselves somehow. The local IG get these coconuts as weapons. As for the fire breathing Magnolias, the locals try to explain to the Inquisitor that their trees aren't daemonic in anyway.
>>
>>46296564
Thanks, Anon. Have any idea on how to make it better, or just leave as is?

>>46296580
"Sir, we're out of grenades!"
"Pick up a coconut, Private!"
"What!?"
"Just do it, you idiot!"

But anyways, we still need a name, at least.

I could post the name generator tables I saw in another thread.
>>
>>46296643
>"Sir, we're out of grenades!"
>"Pick up a coconut, Private!"
>"What!?"
>"Just do it, you idiot!"
Just another day in the Guard.
>name generator
Do what now? Please post it.
>Captcha is trees
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 58x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 58x125
>>46296681
>Part 1 of 2.
>>
>>46296739
Did one of melta coconuts hit you on the head, or did some of the shell get into your eyes? I'm not an ant.
>>
>>46296739
What? Why did the resolution go down immensely?
>>
File: image.png (180 KB, 271x583) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180 KB, 271x583
>>46296762
Fixed.
>>
File: image.png (267 KB, 304x931) Image search: [Google]
image.png
267 KB, 304x931
>>46296786
>Part 2.
>>
>>46296786
Oh this. I've heard some people got chapters named the War Warriors and Death Deaths before with this.
>>
Rolled 22, 15 = 37 (2d100)

>>46296786
>>46296799
Let's all roll and see what sounds the coolest.
>>
>>46296643
None that I can think of. Introducing a new color would likely unbalance it considering that black and white only mix well together. There is red, but red is cliche when it comes to space marines. I'd say leave it.

Also use this in the future.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282304-chapter-generator/
>>
>>46296786
>>46296839
Death Consuls.
>>
>>46296839
>Death Consuls

>We're here to help you come to terms with the death of your beloved.
>>
Rolled 47, 52 = 99 (2d100)

>>46296827
I find that hilarious.

>>46296839
>Death Consuls.
That sounds awesome.

>>46296851
Afraid I'm on mobile, can't download it.
>>
>>46296851
>>46296892
That's an outdated version. The newer version has tech marines with servo arms, Bezerkers, and noise marines at the least.
>>
Rolled 29, 67 = 96 (2d100)

>>46296786
>>46296799
Let's see what I'll get.

>>46296891
'Avin a giggle there m8?
>>
>>46296949
You got the Emperor's Souls.
>>
>>46296892
>Iron Marauders.
Not bad.

>>46296949
>Emperor's Souls.
Dunno how I feel about this one.
>>
Rolled 33, 92 = 125 (2d100)

>>46296999
Tzeentch, I feel that way to about that name. Unless they know the Emperor was born from a fusion of souls but why would they name themselves after that. Now let's see what I get now.
>>
>>46297041
Flesh Wings. Why isn't that possibly the most DEldar/Slaaneshni name possible through the generator.
>>
>>46297041
>Flesh Wings.
Eh, I'd rather Death Consuls or Iron Marauders.
>>
>>46297070
Yeah let's go with Death Consuls.
>>
>>46297097
Death Consuls sounds good to me. It was the first thing we rolled, anyways.
>>
>>46297177
I rolled for fun. I was hoping for something ridiculous.
>>
>>46296086
So they rub up against the Night Lord with an intensity to set them both alight?

S-sugoi~
>>
>>46297266
Maybe. Curzefag is that you?
>palm tree Captcha
>>
>>46297295
Nope, not Curzefag. I prefer Alpha Legion and Iron Warriors.
>>
>>46297349
You have taste.
>>
>>46295055
Is that white or boltgun metal?
>>
>>46297266
>Nightlord Onii-sama has betrayed me!
>For this shame, I must perfect being unseen, and be even more terrifying than him, to show my loyalty!

>>46297388
>#FFFFF0
>>
>>46297177
Alright, first:
>Dubs.
Second:
>Death Consuls as our name.

Let's have some basic starter questions to help fluff these guys out.

>What Chapters would trust these guys?
>What Chapters would not trust these guys?
>What Chapters would be indecisive of these guys?
>What sort of terror tactics would they use?
>How do you think they would act?

>>46297424
>Nightlord Onii-sama, I will defeat you, once and for all!
>Kehehehe!~
>You still don't get it, do you? Our Bat Winged helmets grant us power over shadow!

>Palm Tree captcha.
What is this?
>>
>>46297554
I think it's fair to say that Salamanders wouldn't trust them.
>>
>>46297554
It's the magic of melta coconuts. A fruit Sortias love that they wish to seed the galaxy with.
>>
>>46297554
>Death Consuls anime where the protag is a Death Consul, and the antagonist is a Night Lord with a silly bat winged helmet, with XXXLG Bat Wings.
I'd watch it.

>>46297585
I'll agree with this.

>>46297654
True enough!
>>
>>46297716
His bat wings are going to be huge either way. The bigger wings shows how important a Night Lord is.
>>
>>46297554
>What Chapters would trust these guys?
Maybe Ultramarines? They're Codex Adherent, and I could see them appreciating a Space Marine police force, if possibly disagreeing with their methods, i.e. Terror.

Not sure about other Chapters.
>>
>>46298176
On the contrary, because of their zealous nature and general torture of cultists, they are liked by the black templars,
>>
>>46298207
I could see this working as well.

I could see the Salamanders not liking them, and if they worked as a Terror Police force, then the Space Wolves would probably not like them either.
>>
>>46298297
yep. All the zealous chapters think they are cool. More humane ones hate them
>>
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x500
I made a Beakie Veteran.
>>
>>46298587
Feels a little BT but should be okay.
>>
>>46299099
the cross ruins it.
>>
>>46299135
Mate, that's the Veteran's cross though? If he's from the 1st company, then he's supposed to have it.

Anyways, back to fluffing, just finished eating dinner.

>Palm Tree Captcha strikes again!
>>
>>46299176
no, I meant the cross reminded me of the BT
>>
>>46299210
I... guess so?

Here's a question we could use.
>How are they regarded by the Imperium at large?

Because 2nd founding chapters are going to be pretty well known after being 10+ Millenia old.

I'd say that they're both feared and loved.
Feared in that, well they're the Terror Police, if they come knocking something going to go down.
Loved in that if they come around, they're going to make sure that there's absolutely no heretics, daemons, or any sort of xenos influence around.
>>
>>46299296
well basically they have turned their ice hive world into an arctic north korea. Everyone is happy. Everyone praises the emperor and his chapter master and there are NO HERETICS ANYWHERE.
>>
>>46299328
>No Heretics.
>No Crime.
Sounds like Pre-Chaos Nightlords to me. I like it.

I'd like to think that their homeworld is like Soviet Siberia, more of a Prison Planet than anything, sending the most hardened criminals there, with the only non-criminal inhabitants being Arbites members and Death Consuls.

Perhaps they recruit from the toughest and scariest prisoners, breaking them down and building them back up into productive Space Marines of the Imperium?

The Criminals that don't get chosen as Deat Consul recruits basically work their lives away as cheap labor, or are recruited into a penal battalion as a way to redeem themselves.
>>
>>46299176
These Palm trees are going to play a crucial part in this chapter's history.
>>
>>46299495
yeah. They use north korea tier propaganda and help them build a second life on the hive world, promising them a second chance under the Benevolent guidance of the Glorious Chapter Master, Favored Grandson of the God Emperor.

Then they take their best adolescent kids away and squirt their geneseed inside them
>>
>>46299544
>THERE ARE NO PALM TREES ON SIBERIS. CONTINUE WORKING, PRISONER.
>>
>>46299618
I can't argue with that logic. I must be seeing things.
>>
>>46299614
Nah man, I'm thinking Soviet Russia style stuff man, where you know you can't trust your neighbors, you know you should say what the propaganda and officers want you to say, and you know that if you have new neighbors, it means that your old ones were taken away by the Secret Police and most likely either killed, torured, or sent to a gulag.

You get what I'm saying? Less, we believe the propaganda 100%, and more, we know what to say and do, and thank our glorious leaders that we haven't been replaced.

However, I'm totally fine with them taking the kids away as well.

Say if children are born on Siberis, if we take that for the name of the Homeworld, they're taken away and raised to be good little Arbites members or Death Consul Neophytes, depending on how tough they are.
>>
>>46299824
>THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER THAT ALL CHILDREN BORN ON SIBERIS MUST BE GIVEN TO YOUR LOCAL ARBITES OFFICER. BACK TO YOUR WORK STATIONS, PRISONERS.
>>
>>46299857
yes, the thing is curze managed to get his planet into shape pretty well out of fear. So we can make siberis into a mini nostramo that seems picture perfect on the surface with criminals finding a second life but they sometimes disappear if when their good neighbors notice that they are not quite doing their part for glorious chapter.
>>
>>46299934
>999
Tzeentch, you already posted today. Go to sleep.
>>
>>46299968
I get what you're saying, mate. What I mean is that it's a prison planet instead of a repurposed metropolis.

Not a Second Chance thing, more of a "Congratulations, you've been choseon to join the Penal Battalion/Prospective Neophyte/Arbites, after we've broken you down and built you back up."

>>46300266
Just as planned.
>>
>>46300266
nice try slaaneshi. You are not going to corrupt the good people of siberis
>>
>>46300342
Here is the problem with the prison planet thing.

Hardened criminals really aren't that young to regularly put your geneseed in.
>>
>>46300351
I ain't no slave to some false god that's going to got replaced with a rat. I'm just trying to do my job here on this planet.
>>
>>46300373
That is true.

We could always go with this post.
>>46299934
And there could be a non-criminal populace on the planet as well.

I do like the idea that all children born on the planet are taken and raised/trained to be either Neophytes, or Arbites Members.
>>
Would the Night Lords be proud but bitter if they saw our planet and recognized it as was Nostramo was supposed to be?

Would they regret invading it?
>>
>>46300460
yeah. But referring to them as prisoners would go against the psyche I was thinking about. Think of it a little like space australia on ice. You get deported there and are stuck on that planet. So you listen to the space marines who rule the planet and make yourself useful. But since you have been effectively given a second chance, its not all grimdark
>>
>>46300489
I like this idea. Especially since the chapter was founded by loyalist Night Lords, basically the guys that decided to stick around and fix their problems.

>>46300510
I get it. Makes sense, I suppose. Sort of like if Australia met Soviet Siberia.

The worst criminals are sent to the gulags and might be given a chance in the penal battalion if they're lucky, with the normal criminals and the crazy fools who actually decide to live there are given a chance of working in factories, etc., or joining the penal battalion.

Does this sound good?
>>
>>46300603
yeah. Instead of making it a penal battalion, turn it into a space marine auxiliary. Like the ultramarines and their sector
>>
>>46300637
How about the gulag-esque prisoners get to join the penal battalion, making it part of the planet's tithe, with the normal reformed criminals acting as the auxilary?
>>
>>46300669
hmm. The entire planet is supposed to be a gulag. People who stray off the narrow path get collars fitted on them and shipped off to the penal battalion
>>
>>46300705
True enough. What I meant was the more hardened criminals and the ones that commited more heinous crimes join the penal batallion, with the guys who didn't do as much/bad are reshaped and either keep working as productive citizen prisoners, or join the Auxillary.

But anyways, I think we've fluffed up their homeworld enough for now, we haven't focused enough on them. Unless we want to roll up a penal batallion?
>>
>>46300826
we can do that later.

We have their homeworld set down rather well.
>>
>>46300826
It should be noted that before the marines came the palm trees were a thing.
>>
>>46300898
yes, that goes rather well with the space australia thing.

The hive is located at the planet's pole and the rest of the planet is really weird with palm trees that have melta coconuts and mutant bogans running around
>>
>>46300898
>>46300924
Nah, the entire world is permanently encased in ice and snow. The Melta Coconuts and Flamer Trees were all harvested and sent to the Magos Biologis for study, inadvertently causing a new ice age as they were the only things that were truly heating the planet's surface due to the distance of it from it's sun.

There are rumors that there are indeed, some trees left, causing the ever popular saying that there are, indeed, trees on Siberis.

These are false, and mention of the subject is illegal.
>>
>>46301090
How do you know that?
Have you been leaving the designated zones civilian?
>>
>>46301113
No, sir! I am only repeating the official information given to me by my superiors!

But anyways, anyone got an idea for what we should fluff next?
>>
>>46301214
Due to the presence of the flaming coconuts the chapter has a ready source of melta weaponry.

They are known to drown their enemies in molten metal for going against the emperor.
>>
>>46301251
The trees remaining are targeted by off Worlders to bring them to buyers or to planet them in their home sectors.
>>
>>46301320
off worlders are to be shot on sight unless they have proper papers.
>>
>>46301337
That seems about right. Who knows where the trees came from. Did someone bring them here or do all of these werid tress across the galaxy come from here. The oldest trees are located in the chapter's fortress monastery.
>>
>>46301251
Actually, we can work that in.
I mean, Terror Tactics+Flamers/Meltas?
Oh yes.

Nothing scarier them these seven foot tall giants who are masters of stealth appear out of nowhere screaming at you, burning and or melting everything around you, and then disappearing soon after.
>>
>>46301406
I'm just picturing my playthrough on Aliens vs Predator. All the times the Aliens jump out at me I'm now picturing these marines with flamer and meltas.
>>
>>46301477
Nice.

A good flamer keeps the cold out, after all. It also wards off and cleanses heresy quite well.
>>
>>46295787
>>46295875
He explicitly could only see the WORST future possible, and it became self fulfilling. That's the irony.

>>46295002
The Night Lords were one of the least loyal of the legions, probably even less than the World Eaters. They were.made up of criminals and scum to begin with, and were censured for their excesses long before the Heresy. Their whole ideology ID incompatible with the Imperium, even free of chaos. Read Lord of Night. The idea of there being loyalist Night Lords is terribly silly.
>>
>>46301649
That's what my Dangle successor chapter does in a way. Tech Marines and Librarians have extra jobs keeping the fortress monastery warm because of a Russ induced climate change during the Crusade.
>Nice
Now then there's that one mission near the end at that ancient training ground where all of the marines just slowly picked off leaving only you.
>>46301729
Anon, there are cases of loyal bat marines. Corvus got one of his Nostraman nephews to work for him, Fel Zharost became a Knight Errant, and FW has mentioned Night Lords in defaced heraldry attacking traitors.
>>
>>46296786
>>46296799
dice+2d100
Could be terrible, could be great.
>>
>>46301787
That was suppose to go into the options bar, Anon.
>>
>>46300603
After we fluffed out the chapter some more I say we expand upon the Night Lords getting wind and invading the planet.

It could be a bittersweet thing, here on this planet is everything their father wanted nostramo to be, and here they are to ruin it.

Some of the Veterans of the Long War could even remark on this fact, being regretful and full of anger at their old planet and such things for being given little chance.
>>
>>46301847
all veterans are mad chaos worshippers.
>>
>>46302012
Ever read the Night Lords Trilogy? I'm talking those kind of veterans. Like Talon.
>>
>>46302069
yeah, but they are nihilistic assholes.
>>
>>46302094
But you get what I'm saying right? The Irony of what nostramo was supposed to be and here they come to fuck it all up?
>>
>>46302121
yeah. Chances are they won't even realize its nostramo done right
>>
>>46302137
Some of them will, the older ones, that's where the bitterness comes from, but the new blood will only recognize it as an imperial world to be slaughtered.
>>
>>46302158
I somehow doubt that will happen.
>>
Alright, so far we've got a name:
>Death Consuls
A Homeworld:
>The Ice Hiveworld/Prison Planet Siberis.
Preferred weapoks/tactic:
>Sneaking about, jumping out, and burning/melting the heresy out.

Now we need an emblem, and more fluff, really.

Anyone got an idea for an emblem?
>>
>>46302305
How about a snow leopard?
>>
>>46302305
A frozen tree?
>>
>>46302324
The main animal of Nostramo was a lion.
>>
>>46302356
great. A snow leopard because those things are sneaky
>>
>>46302324
I like the Snow Leopard thing.

Fits with Chapter Colors as well, white and black.
>>
Palm Tree and Magnolia Anon signing off for bed. I hope the thread's still up in the morning. Also as I have mentioned AvP before just take Specimen Six's storyline and make a marine version of it for this chapter's chapter master. Didn't mean to reply to Anon though.
>>
>>46302360
>>46302399
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Lion

Or you could make them Tibetan Space Marines.
>>
>>46302622
A real animal that is sneaky would be a better motif.
>>
>>46302635
Wait, how about the Siberian Tiger?
White and Black, check.
Sneaky, check.
Awesome, check.
Siberian/Siberis, check.
>>
>>46302704
siberian tigers aren't white though
White tigers do exist
>>
>>46302801
Wait, I thought it was Siberian Tigers that were white? Or was that just their winter coat?

Anyways, a White Tiger sounds good to me for the emblem.
>>
>>46302864
yeah. It makes even more sense because they are basically mutants
>>
File: Night Lord Successor CM.png (32 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Night Lord Successor CM.png
32 KB, 201x281
Here's your Chapter Master OP. Figured that veterans should have white faceplates.
>>
>>46303478
Not bad at all, Anon! Good job!

I'm going to sleep now, hope this is still here when I wake up.
>>
>>46303478
Pretty good
>>
BUNP.

Get back to work!
>>
>>46309956
What's our chapter master's name? I vote Tigar Palme.
>>
>>46295002
>1st Company Captain lost to the Warp.

Who needs terminators anyway, amirite?
>>
>>46300373
Their children will be.

They will also be free of sin.

The first gen inmates are basic labour and penal legion.

Their children are recruited into actual guardsmen, skilled crafts men, potential space marines, arbiter adepts, mechanicus novices, missionaries or administrators.

Should they, in the course of their lives, get convicted of a crime be it ever so petty they usually end up back amongst the lowest of the low. And they Fucking stay there.
>>
>>46310067
I feel like termies would absolute shit for terror tactics. The only good I can think them of doing is protecting the Chapter Master and if some heretic that was on a supply run is coming back to his hastily made camp to see one looking through the fog and smoke. It gazes at him as it throws chaos marks flayed Off his company on a fire lit buy a flamer. The termie steps toward the quaking heretic and says in a fatherly voice, "You have chosen the perfect time to come home, my prodigal son."

Especially if it was a marsh world, and it had placed the bodies against the trees.

Didn't mean to get carried away
>>
>>46310900

I imagine that their Guardsmen are heavily disciplined to almost Krieg levels, simply because they're taken as children as trained their whole lives.

>>46311055
See, this is awesome, it feels like a terror tactic, honestly. It feels like if this happened, I'd be wetting my pants with fear.
>>
how about their chapter master's weapon of choice is a pair of lightning claws. one with an integrated flamer and the other with a melta. their names are >law and order
>>
>>46311563
Thanks, I do like NL but have problems with their books.
I read the NL omnibus and everyone in there minus Variel and Merc-something had no reason to be edgy. It was a very weirdly written 'holier than thou' novel about CSM.
Great Book, just could have used a little less "remember how shitty we treat our slaves and how we think skulls are cool?" I wanted some Stephen King style terror tactics. I wanted something to terrorize my dreams and keep my paranoid. When the author writes them as predators of other marines it pisses me off. All marines are predators of other marines. They just have different doctrine of engaging. It was a standard format of every fight except a few.
>I spy you from above
>I remember that I hate you
>Briefly describe victim thinking about how much he loves Big E
>"Prey Sight"
>kills everything and takes some of their gear.

The French Foreign Legion had better terror tactics than that. I feel like these guys should make heretics witness truly evil deeds done to their fellow heretics and make them repent before leaving them for a commissar to find. Then the Com Takes them to be shot in public or does it on sight as his men watch in horror at the handiwork. Whether it be in the PDF/Guard camp or in the city for the Arbites to witness.
>>
>>46312383
Now this is some nice stuff man. Real terrifying, and not overly edgy.
>>
>>46310067
name it after a famous man eating feline.
>>
>>46295002
>Loyalist Night Lords Chapter Fluff.

More like edgiest edgelord bum fluff.
>>
>>46313094
real good fluff there bud
>>
I propose them using tactics that actual hunting cats use. Basically they are trained to take out stragglers via ambushes even if the marines are all alone, to working in hunting teams to take down larger prey.

A nice mix of how Tigers and lions hunt.
>>
>>46313364
Yeah, I like this.

Ambush with Flamers and Meltas, all stealthy when all of a sudden heretical faces are melted and burned!

I also propose that their emblem be a Tiger's Skull.
>>
>>46313691
I thought we were going with a white tiger as the emblem. Its rare, fuckhuge and is a genetic anomaly.
>>
>>46313729
Yeah, you're right.
Sounds better anyways.

Alright, well, what should we fluff next?
>>
>>46313856

Tactics and organization. Maybe the recruitment process?I just finished reading Jim Corbett, that might influence my ideas.
>>
File: 1456593418422.jpg (53 KB, 499x546) Image search: [Google]
1456593418422.jpg
53 KB, 499x546
>>46313364
I cant say that's a good fit because of my autism for dangerous games hunting.
Most big cats don't attack humans unless threatened in a way that they perceive as having no escape or invasive. Even The Ghost and The Darkness started hunting humans out of necessity and lack of food. It wasn't until they're cave was found did the hunter learn that they had adapted to their new surrounding and became a product of their new enviroment( the railway being built through their territory. Man-Eaters are often wounded and forced to hunt humans to stay alive. Jim Corbett was a famous hunter in the early 1900's and one of his hardest fought hunts lasted years and that costed hundreds of lives was a wounded tigress and her cub. She was wounded by infection that cost her one of her front paws and made her trackable by the unique pug marks.

NL on the other hand are highly violent, hyper aggressive, and leave their kill as a warning that there is no escape form the inevitable. They are portrayed as trophey seekers and use terror not to scare, but rather to mark their enemies for death.

But this is my own opinion and i don't want to kill your creativity.
>>
>>46313941
Oh I know that. Its just that from the point of view of the people being terrorized, the big cats are always referred to as demons and nearly supernatural creatures. A lot of those cats tend to be craftier too, methodically stalking their prey before killing them.

The terror that goes along with being hunted by a man eater that breaks into houses and drags people out like the Leopard of Rudraprayag is fucking terrifying.
>>
>>46314013

Not being safe in your own home is kind of fucked up and would fit them.
If these guys have a fast attack I was going to say something along the lines of a enemy unit breaking and getting hunted down by bikes.
>>
>>46314013
>Leopard of Rudraprayag
Wasn't that the leopard who was one of the big cats that went crazy in India through 1907-1938?
>>
>>46314224
1918-1926. It killed 125 people. Its that the way it killed them was extremely cunning. It did all the fun stuff like breaking down doors and eating people.
It preyed on people that were visiting two shrines in the himalayas.
>>
>>46314202
Well, they have See, But Don't Be Seen, for their Chapter Demeanor, could use that. Sneak about with Flamers and Meltas.

And the unsafe in your own home thing could also be used on the worlds they own, having unscheduled heresy checks, and such?

>>46311055
I feel like this could be expanded on, it seems like an awesome idea.

>>46313907
I believe we agreed that the basic recruitment process is that all children born are taken and either given to the Guard, Arbites, or Death Consuls.

Should we roll up a Penal Legion or a normal Regiment for the homeworld?
>>
>>46314332
a normal regiment would be better.
>>
File: 14591998183812055517218.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
14591998183812055517218.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>>46314224
>one of the big cats
While still being an anomaly, there were quite a few. Corbett often references a couple of seperate hunts every chapter if he needs a comparison or example. Dude used to sleep in a tree when he was out hunting them. One time he sleeps in a draw below a road with his back to a cliff. Then a native gets attacked on the road right above him.
>>
>>46314395
That story about the bachelor of powalgarh is heartbreaking.
>>
>>46314395
its a pretty common tactic. Like having tied goats were hit and miss.
>>
>>46301729
World Eaters had one of the biggest number of loyalists though.

>>46296478
>>46296851
Doesn't the NL trilogy mention that Marines that fucked up, but were still useful at that time, got their arms repainted red to mark them for later execution? Maybe have their weapons be red? Or if the Chapter, except for 1st Company, is unaware of their NL origins, then only the 1st Company has some part of their armor red, or maybe they are the only company that uses red markings? It has a meaning and it's edgy.

>>46311055
>be heretic PDF
>guarding some backwater tank depot
>there were some rumors about our soldiers and politicians going missing and then found all fucked up
>suddenly the depot explodes
>run towards the crater, into the rolling smoke, to investigate
>suddenly something lands among them
>all he can see is a bulky shape moving around them, blood and limbs flying everywhere
>shits himself and runs to the underground bunker
>check it out, it's empty
>the smoke has cleared
>all around the depot yard lie slaughtered soldiers, some are still alive and yelling
>he and his comrades crouch in cover, guns trained to the small and only entrance
>the silence, mixed with ocassional moans, is fucking him up badly
>suddenly the right wall just dissapears
>the closest 3 soldiers get torn apart by the debris
>next 3 get vaporized when something huge punches through all of them
>further 7 get reduced to pieces of meat of varying size by some kind of a minigun
>all of this happened in an instant
>the heretic drops to his knees crying
>after 20 seconds of shooting, blood mist covering everything, soldiers yelling and being cut of abruptly, all is silent
>the soldier feels a presence above him, dwarfing him and making him shiver in fear
>then it just walks away
>the soldier is executed because of his paranoia, but not before he manages to send his half crying half shitting himself warning, a description of what happened and a single vid recording to nearby bases
>>
>>46296827
"Oh my god Death Death. You can't just ask the Salamanders why they're black."
>>
>>46314332
Thanks, I'm the first two replies. I might jump on the co.puter and type something up.

>>46313907
What Corbett books did you read? I reread Maneaters of Kumaon anytime I get ready to go hunting.
>>
>>46314602
I lived in Uttarakhand, and I reread those books every time I go camping. Pretty comfy. I think I read all of his books detailing India. Best story was about the good guy bandit.
>>
>>46314602
Would be awesome if you did!

Should we roll up a Regiment in this thread, or make another one?
>>
>>46314799
well might as well keep the number of threads to a minimum. We fluffed out the world more than we did the chapter.
>>
>>46314844
Dubs of truth, my friend.

Let's roll up a Regiment, and fluff them alongside the Chapter?

D10 for Classification, excluding Militia and Penal.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>46314879
>>
>>46314916
They're a True Imperial Guard Regiment.

D100 for recruitment criteria, or should we go with First Born?
>>
>>46314943
I was thinking something more like having conscription but a well trained expeditionary army to help the Chapter. Conscripts are deployed only if their homeworld is invaded
>>
>>46314993
I get it, so like the Ultramarines Auxiliaries, like we discussed earlier?

Then maybe we could roll up a Penal Legion instead?
>>
>>46315023
sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (460 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
460 KB, 1024x640
Rolled 15, 20, 84, 56, 69, 11, 53, 95 = 403 (8d100)

>>46315041
Skipping classification, homeworld and terrain, as well as Loyalty.
>>
>>46315099
>Infantry Regiment
>Counter Insurgency
>Standard Consription
>Augmented Troops
>For the Homeworld
>Adeptus Titanicus.
>Dark Eldar.

Not bad?
>>
Alright, let's just stick to fluffing the Chapter, and then we can talk about regiments later, alright?

Anyone got any recommendations?
>>
>>46315258
I am getting iron harvest vibes
>>
>>46315298
change the enemy to dark eldar maybe? Would go great with the regiment. Like the dark eldar raiders being hunted by big cat space marines? They can be the Jim Corbett to the man hunting DE
>>
>>46315369
Doesn't sound bad.

They could have a personal chapter wide grudge against the Night Lords, but are officially enemies with the Dark Eldar, showing them the meaning of fear.
>>
>>46315407
yep sounds good DE try and take away THEIR prisoners they gonna get shrekt
>>
Rolled 7, 4, 9, 3, 9 = 32 (5d10)

Alright, rolling up detailed parts of the homeworld.

Skipping parts 1-4, and 7.

We still need to fluff these guys up more.
>>
>>46314657
I really liked Robin

>>46314490
Hot. This trooper was hot. His feet had sweated through his socks and his gear felt like the hand of a gravedigger pulling him down into the earth. The new order was urgent and had the commissar irritable even more than usual. "This had better not be a trap." Jenks frowned, now that their baby faced 'moral supplier' had jinked them, it probably was a trap. Secretly, he hoped it was too. The constant noise of butchered prayers and hymns, of whoever was voxing them, sounded like the drunken promise he gave to the hooker last time he was on leave. To make it worse, he had been listening to this man babble on for hours as he marched under the sun to a known enemy depot. While the fighting had been light where he was he still hadn't popped his cherry. "THAT, is my biggest regret about these cursed heretics." he thought feeling disappointed and let down at the same time. "Joe on the heavy snubber team had close to 20 kills last ambush we set, yet I freeze up and then drop my lasgun..." he mumbled to himself looking at the light scratch on his buttstock. "You can make it up to me by keeping your eyes up," a gruff voice hissed to him. "it's either that, or the newly graduated commissar gets his first kill, and you get to be it!" Jenks' head snapped up. He hadn't noticed the Sergeant walking up on him, or the fact that the rest of the squad was picking up their pace in preparation to rush the depot. Jenks picked up his feet and huffed as the warm air filled his lungs. The sergeant jogged next to him. A shrill voice pierced the air as the commissar let out a want-to-be war cry. A howl of forced motivation followed. "Screaming during a charge! These people aren't meant to lead." the voice in his head said as his adrenaline spiked as the small rocks under his boots crunched against the hard clay. the run was short and with every shot someone hip fired he ran a little faster. I. Will. Make. Him. Proud. The depot gates approached.
>>
>>46315616
>I really liked Robin
best dog. Its sad that the hills and forests he mentioned are disappearing. By the time I am dead they will probably vanish. Its not a good feeling.
>>46315602
post the chart pls
>>
>>46315602
Siberis is:
>Mostly Peaceful
>Genestealer Cults Active
>Inquisitorial Suspicion
>Eldar (Dark Eldar in this case)
>10 Different Weather Seasons. (Cold, colder, and even colder!)
>>
>>46315694
>>Genestealer Cults Active
well now this is quite the twist.

Everything else is perfect.
>>
>>46315616
The Pipal Pani tiger is far more grim than any warhammer book desu
>>
>>46315258
Terror Titans?
>>
>>46315694
>>46315728
I think we're going to need to start coconut bombing now.
>>
>>46315922
As long as It ain't me plays while coconuts drop from the sky, its all gravy.

>>46315909
Super sneaky scout titans.
>>
File: image.png (816 KB, 1624x859) Image search: [Google]
image.png
816 KB, 1624x859
>>46315686
Did I not post the chart? Odd.
>>
>>46315922
>>46315983
>THERE ARE NO TREES NOR COCONUTS ON SIBERIS, PRISONER. REMAIN AT YOUR WORK STATION WHILE YOUR LOCAL ARBITES OFFICER INVESTIGATES YOU FOR HERESEY.
>>
>>46315616
Sweat stung his eyes and his helmet bounced on his head as he neared the open gate. The squad in front slowed down as they got closer blocking his veiw of his targets. That was unacceptable to him! Her would have a kill this fight! Jenks sprinted past them to find something get jammed in between his legs. I blew it was his last thought.

He awoke. It was a slow process where- THE ATTACK! Jenks tried to jump to his feet to only be stopped by his sergeant. "Relax bud, it's over." Jenks let out a moan, he had blew it. While his other thoughts swam is a haze inside his own head, disappointment was at the fore front. "You were only out of it for a moment. The place is cleared out except for what we think is chunks of the enemy. We're still getting the vox messages which means they're hiding around here somewhere. Join up and let's find 'em." Jenks was helped to his feet and handed his lasgun as the troopers around him grabbed him to shuffle off for another sweep. A few said encouraging words, they went over him with out notice. Again, and again he failed, yet he was treated like a little brother. His boots thudded against the pavement as they walked by a crater strewn with blood. The Space Marine were here at some point.
"Hey, there's a hole in the side of that bunker!"
the smell of decay in the warm sun was the first to hit. It was followed by a terrible breach in regards to form, at least he wasn't leading. The breach stopped half way through the opening as the lead guardsmen slipped and fell. Sloppy Jenks, thought, his boot slapping the wet bunker floor.

BRB guys. Sorry for the unfinished work.
>>
>>46316223
Shoot, this is awesome, can't wait for you to finish it.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 163x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 163x218
>>46315616
>>46316223
Nice.
>>
Alright, so what we've got down so far is:

>Terror Police.

>Meltas and Flamers.

>Enemies with Dark Eldar, gonna teach them the true meaning of fear.

>Chapter Wide grudge against the Night Lords.

>Run Prison Planets with Soviet Style Propaganda.

>All children are taken and trained as either Chapter Auxiliaries, a la Ultramarines, Arbites members, or Prospective Neophytes.

>Labor Camps for the most hardened crininals, given chance of Penal Legion service.

>All are broken down and then rebuilt in the image of a perfect and functioning member of the Imperium.

Since we have a Genestealer cults active, why not fluff it that their Counter Insurgency training involves hunting down Genestealers/Cultists?
>>
>>46316836
sounds good.
>>
>>46317215
Awesome.

So, let's try and actually focus and figure out what we should fluff, post ideas and such if possible.
>>
>>46317386
All the hunting references are in.
>>
Alright, this is a bump.

Let's discuss something. Anything.

I refuse to let this die.

Arbites, get over here and work your magic!
>>
>>46318145
Maybe a bit of fluff on the first members of the chapter?
Why did they not follow their brothers into corruption?
Also, what is the naming convention for our marines? Using Russian seems a bit lazy.
>>
>>46318145
Get back to work, prisoner. You're in violation of Imperial law and the Book of Judgement doesn't look too favorable on you.
>>
>>46318272
There we go! Ideas.

>Why did they not follow their brothers into corruption.
Hmmm... They could have been some of the older members that remembered when Nostramo was the crime free Fear driven Utopia that Kurze made it, wanting to go back to something like that, not liking the fact that after Kurze left to go an crusade in the name of the Emperor that it fell back into crime.

>Naming Convention.
Eh, that's up for discussion, although honestly I actually can't think of a Russian based chapter.

>Fluff on the first members.
I'll need help with that one.

>>46318322
Terribly sorry, sir! I will return to my workstation immediately!
>>
>>46318272
The first CM was a guy from Nostramo who remembered the good old days when everyone on the planet was doing their thing. Afterwards, he sought to recreate that thing, but the high lords didn't want any Night lord near nice civilized places because they are edgy faggots.

So he got given an icy hellhole with flaming coconuts in it as a planet to base his chapter from. Someone else thought that it would be a sick joke if the planet got sent prisoners like the people in Nostramo and ordered a penal colony there.

Fast forward now and we have a Nostramo that actually works
>>
>>46318403
I like this. This is good.

Now let's work on some important members of the chapter, shall we?
>>
Don't forget to archive and make a wiki page, boyz.
>>
>>46318494
I would writefag, and try and think something up, but I'm pretty new to 40k myself, I'm not familiar enough with everything.

But this looks awesome.
>>
>>46318494
The guy who was the first recruit from the icy world and who eventually became chapter master was recruited because he hunted one of the great white tigers that roamed the planet's surface.
It was entirely unexpected that an unaugmented human kid actually do that, and he got selected on the spot. The kid's parents were hunters who had been poaching on a noble's game reserves in a planet far away, because Pa had knocked up Ma and needed more money for child support. Pa got executed and Ma and little boy got sent to Siberis. Little boy used l33t hunting skills to get into the chapter.
>>
>>46295002
well I cant say shit I made a company of FEMALE PRETTY GURL CSM which is heresy of the utmost

but the backstory usually chills every body out and gets things back on track
>Fulgrim was the prettiest nigga in the universe
>Loved pretty things, beauty products, bubble baths and fashion
>Boy or Girl doesnt matter nigga just fucks pretty (not really)
>Mirror Mirror on the wall Slaanesh level of vanity
>makes sense for someone who worshiped beauty to want a team of supermodels representing him/her

so I just made a chapter of especially devoted Emps Children that earned Slaanesh's favor by going around the universe stealing priceless artifacts for like a CSM style Louvre (relics, paintings, music sheets, chaos powered stuff, holy relics, etc.)

>Make some pretty dope ass blonde emps children models, kept standard armor so they look the same unless no helmet on
>still call eachother brother
>mayyyybeeee have sexy style CSM armor with breasts and feminine features because CHAOS MAGIC later

follow your heart
>>
>>46318564
don't worry, I am on it. I can writefag for days
>>
File: image.png (69 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69 KB, 350x350
>>46318625
Yep. That's HERESY.

But thanks for the encouragement, HERETIC.
>>
>>46318601
living on Siberis for generations, hunting tactics used by the great cats have slowly but steadily become a part of the chapter's combat doctrine.

Even it's investigations of heresy on other planets have been noted by the arbites and several inquisitors to be...unorthodox. Instead of arresting and making the cultists confess, the Death's Consuls have been known to let the cultists stew for years on end before swooping in and killing them in extreme manners. The corpses left behind to be cleaned up by local law enforcement of inquisitorial troops have been described as being hunted down and immolated.

Due to such a peculiar anti-heresy strategy, the world of siberis has drawn the attention of the ordo hereticus. While inquisitorial investigations have taken place, there has been no evidence of chaos activity on the planet. However, more purist aspects of the Ecclisiarchy have raised concerns about the presence of strange shamanistic totems on the planets that penal worlders use to appease the god of the hunt. It remains to be seen if they worship the emperor, or some ruinous power of chaos.
>>
>>46318601
Hmm... That doesn't sound too bad, could use some clean up, make it sound a bit more serious, and then it's be perfect.
>>
>>46319075
yeah it was a rough idea. I can do a backstory if needs be.

>>46319071
this is what I made up just now
>>
>>46319075
what do you want, a short story?
>>
>>46319071
That's pretty good.

We can say that the shamanistic totem belongs to some tribals that live somewhat isolated away from the civilized parts of the planet, said God of the Hunt is an aspect of the Emprah that they worship.

>>46319179
Nah man, just trying to expand the fluff. I like these guys and want them to be something big.
>>
>>46319412
yeah. I actually am writing a short story for the first recruited guy who hunts the cat.
>>
>>46318625
it's never worked before and never will
just use eldar or SOB if you want chicks why do you have to ruin marines?
>>
>>46318601

The ground is cold and hard, countless layers of snow, pressed so close together that the earth feels as though it is made of stone. His feet leave tiny imprints on the ground, all but impossible to be seen by human eyes. His improvised snow shoes are working well.

He walks by another set of tracks. The beast is four legged. A slight difference on the snow marks where the beast has been crippled by him. A foreleg hit. Were it a deer back home, it would have bled out and died within the hour. No such luck for him, his father would laugh, if he were alive.

It is hard work, hunting a great white tiger. The people on this world say that one doesn't hunt the beast, one must become the hunt itself. The tiger is the apex predator of this world. To hunt the hunter, one must become a force of nature. The blessings of the huntmaster alone allow the tiger to be brought down. The Great white cats are the favored pets of the huntmaster. Only by his grace shall one hunt him. So the old ones say.

The reward for killing the tiger is tempting. Enough money so that he and his mother can live the rest of their lives in peace in the newly constructed hive city. His mother and sister are counting on him. He is old enough to know what the men will do to his mother and sister once the arbites leave in two more days. He is the man of the house, he will not allow that to happen. They are all he has left.

The beast's movements are getting more erratic. It has moved down into the gulley to sleep. A quick shot to the head on full power will kill the thing. Then he can take it's forepaws as proof of the deed. The old ones say that they are blessed by the huntmaster himself. Maybe with this strange god's blessing, He can start a new life with his family.
>>
>>46319552
That ain't bad. I eagerly wait.
>>
>>46319552

His father would be proud of him now. The old man had taught him all he knew before he was killed, and since he has come to this world, he has learned more. He knows the lay of the land as good as any hunter born on these cold plains, and knows what plants are dangerous and what plants are edible. He has seen the great cats before, and knows they don't hunt people unless they have to. He moves down wind, knowing the great cat has a keen sense of smell. His shoes make no sound at all. He doubts that even the rulers of this world can hear him. His cloak is as white as the background behind him. At this moment, he is the hunter. A sense of right fills him. He knows that the time of the kill is drawing near. His nerves are tingling with anticipation. He breathes as he had been taught by his father. Eyes on the tracks, and not on the horizon, he matches his breath with the wind blowing across his face, slowing it down as the wind dies. All his worldy cares vanish. Only the thrill of the hunt remains. He is focused.

His world is focused on two things now, the tracks in front of him, and the contours of the land. An excellent place to ambush someone, to stalk a herd and remain hidden. A place that a hunter can call home. Maybe after he has secured the funds so that his family can live in the newly built hive city, he can return here. Just him and the great cats, hunting in the wilderness. No troubles, no worrries, just throbbing feeling of adrenaline coursing through his arteries and the hyper focused analysis of the terrain surrounding him.

Then he sees the great beast in front of him. It is sitting in by a pool, drinking water. The foreleg seems twisted. He has found his prey. Unbidden, a prayer comes to his lips. He knows he is praying to the huntmaster, beseeching permission to kill one of his favored pets. He has seen the old ones use the prayer a hundred times, but never recited it before today.
>>
I just want Night Lords to be more pirate/raider oriented
like obsessed with amassing wealth and power while staying off the empiriums radar

got whole writefag stories about them
>covert ops take over planet that has been getting rich off of war materials and money still being sent for a crusade that ended hundreds of years ago due to bureaucratic oversight mistake that was never corrected
>night lords black mail entire system for tribute and fresh recruits
>they only prey on weaker fatter targets
>become powerful behind the scenes warband

Just need to come up with a proper Night Lord leader
I was thinking some kinda Professor Moriarty leader while the warband is full on psyops meets ISIS meets Batman League of Shadows kinda thing with a lotta fear/terrorist/publicized execution flair for the dramatic bent
>>
>>46319860
thanks for ruining my flow
>>
>>46319888
sorry bruh
it's not 8 Mile, it isn't a rap battle

have those trips revive you bruh
>>
>>46319857
This is awesome. Continue, please.

>>46319860
I can't see how this relates to the thread, with the exception of the Night Lords bit, but not really.
>>
>>46319857
He feels a gaze borne up from the depths of the earth staring at him, looking into him, analyzing him with a pitiless gaze. For a moment

He sees every aspect of his life laid bare before his own eyes, and being analyzed by the the being. All his hopes, dreams, lusts and fears being looked over and tossed aside. Then something catches' the entity's attention. It is looking at the memories of his hunt.

It sees him hunting with his father, and sees him hunting alone. It looks curious now, instead of bored. It watches with stern amusement as his younger self learns from his father. and then learns from himself, and at last learns from the world around him. At that last memory, of him hunting the big cat over the trackless wastes, the creature pauses. He can feel it smile, if such a word could be applied to the entity. It looks at him, for a moment before giving the slightest tilt of it's head and striding back over the wastes. He sees a great spectral cat, walking at it's side. Its forepaw bent out of shape but slowly twisting into it's original form.

The vision passes. He looks back through his iron sights. The great white tiger is lying down on the ground. It is now deathly still. Despite what he has done, a momentary pang of sorrow fills him. It is a sorrowful thing to see such a sublime creature brought low. He walks over to it, all pretense at stealth thrown to the howling wind that has arisen. The creature is doubtless dead, but it's body is still warm. Should he flay it here in this pristine place, reddening the snow and water with the blood of such a noble creature?

A growl brings him back. Over the horizon he sees another one of those cats staring at him. Then another one appears, then then two more. An entire pack sees the boy standing over it's kind and then they move in towards the two of them. In a moment, the hunter has become the hunted. And yet, there is no threat in those growls. Their tone seems to acknowledge him as a fellow hunter.
>>
>>46320092
The people at the logging outpost 52-6 were amazed at the scene that greeted them. The entire night was filled with fear and even the arbites hadn't been able to leave.
The great cats were roaring during a snowy blizzard that had come up as if from nowhere, and people had hidden behind the palisade. If those things decided to attack they would be dead, power armor or not.

Arbite Groz was annoyed. He had to make sure that this place wasn't torn to pieces from the scared mob within and no one was trying to cause law and order issues in the general emergency. Duty drove him forward as he patrolled the village all night. Once the storm was over, he could return to the hive city again. It was coming along nicely. The Death's Consuls were hard taskmasters. Hard but fair. Which was a lot more than those criminal scum deserved.

The only other people who were not shitting their pants in terror were the old bastards who kept the temple of the emperor running. They worshipped him as a hunter, and even though it was not exactly ecclisiarchial canon, it wasn't heretical either. The old chucklefucks were laughing instead, promising that the huntmaster had spoken, and they were to witness a miracle.

When dawn broke, Groz was bound to agree. A young boy, stood at the gates of the settlement, with a rifle slung across his back, and one of those cats laying at his feet. The doors swung open and the stunned populace let them in. Apparently, it was impossible for humans to hunt these beasts because of the trackless wilds beyond. And yet, here was a dead tiger with a young boy standing next to it.

The old men knelt before the boy, something. He moved to investigate. Were they actually chaos worshippers? No, they were calling him 'touched by the hunt.' An odd title, but he would need a priest to investigate. Either way, the bounty on one of those creatures belonged to the boy, and with it, he could start a new life, far away from this logging camp.
>>
>>46320312
This is genuinely awesome writefaggotry.
>>
>>46320369
I know I am good. I also wrote this
https://1d4chan.org/images/b/b8/Jailbreak.png
>>
>>46320418
Mate, that link ain't working.

Anyways, back to work!
>>
>>46320312
"young man, if you want to collect the bounty, you must return to the hive city with me". The boy simply nodded. His eyes had the thousand yard stare Groz had seen in veteran soldiers, and he also saw a smoldering spark in them. This boy was definitely not destined for an ordinary life. The auxilia would kill for a tracker this good, or he would be an excellent scout for the newly forming regiment from this planet.

"I am done with this place, I want my mother and sister to come with me to the city." The boy said in a toneless voice. Groz nodded. The vehicle was big enough for an entire infantry section, it could fit a great white tiger and 4 people in easily. The civilians were happy to help load the beast in.

The drive to the city passed in silence. His other two passengers seemed like standard people to him. A mother and a young child that still needed help to walk. It was a girl, dressed in a frock that was a few sizes too big for her. An adorable sight, and at odds with the beast that lay before her.

The boy was skinning the beast with remarkable precision. Despite his age, he seemed to be at home working through the beast. By the time their ride ended, the beast was skinned. It would face a handsome prize in any market in the galaxy. The boy had asked him to sell the rest of the beast or keep it for himself. A parting gift, he said.

Their paperwork done, the boy had with him enough money to buy a penthouse in the hab spire. Apparently the adeptus biologis were paying an extremely high price for one of these great white beasts. The boy went ahead and gave it to the mother. The poor woman seemed scared with that amount of money. She and her daughter would doubtless get robbed soon if they were left unattended. Groz decided that he would help the two find a place. Besides, the woman was pretty in a rustic way, and it reminded him of a time back before he was a peacekeeper.
>>
File: Jailbreak.png (261 KB, 1376x1760) Image search: [Google]
Jailbreak.png
261 KB, 1376x1760
>>46320599
here
>>
>>46320650
Cool.

>>46320625
I'm liking this.

Really wish more anons were here to help out.
>>
>>46320625
The boy was restless, and stared back at him. They were moving through the streets making way for an lodging that was safe enough. Their rooms booked, the troupe took possession of them immediately. It was an odd sight, rustic yokels taking rooms in an upmarket area while accompanied by an adeptus arbite.

Groz had suggested that the boy join the scouts for the newly formed regiment. He was doubtless a great hunter and the hide was proof enough for him to get enlisted. The pay would be good and unless they were called to war, he could stay near his family. Truth be told, Groz would rather talk to the pretty mother than this sullen boy. After a great deal of talking, he agreed to accompany the boy to the enlistment center.

They would leave tomorrow, and he had a good few hours to talk to the mother. By the time day broke again, Arbite Groz was head over heels in love. The woman had suffered through much and she had borne it in a calm stoic manner that would befit a Space Marine. Her husband had been executed for poaching, and she had been deported with her son to Siberius. They had etched a living in that logging camp, with her son hunting and her washing clothes and cooking for the men. This was a strong woman, and he wanted to help her. Groz was always a hopeless romantic.

The next day, he took the boy to the recruitment center for the PDF. Within five minutes the boy walked out, disgusted. A similar story happened at the guard enlistment panel. These men were not hunter's the boy claimed. He would die rather than serve under such fools.

While returning to their lodgings, the boy asked Groz about the throng of young men lining up. He seemed very interested in the overlords of this world. The Death's Consuls were hard men, but fair. Then he saw the boy walk towards the line of aspirants. The last thing Groz heard him say was, "Take good care of my mother and sister for me Arbite. You will regret it if you don't." Then he was lost in the crowd.
>>
>>46320917
The crowd doesn't spare him a second glance. He is one face among many. This throng will kill each other to earn a place where they may become spirits of death. This is a place for a hunter. This is where the huntmaster has led him. When he leaves this arena, he will hunt forever more. He feels it in his bones. He has bid farewell to his mother, and his sister. The armored man will take care of them, he sees it in his eyes. Now his destiny lies before him. He just as to reach out and grab it.

He drops his backpack and takes out the hide of the great beast. A hush settles over the arena. Even the two impossibly huge warriors clad in black and white take notice. He sees that their colors mimic those of the great tiger.
He grabs his flaying knife and begins the last hunt of his old life.

The sun sets. The crowd is overawed by his display of skill. He has been careful not to kill any one of his opponents except the most bellicose. Those that don't know their place deserve the kiss of the flaying knife. Those who do may rise to do their part again.

The warriors walk towards him, behind them stands another warrior, whose helmet is carved in the likeness of a skull. He feels the warrior's gaze staring at him. Judging him. He has been judged by betters. He stares back with a faint smile.

"What is your name boy?"

"My mother calls me Jurgen Hohle." He pauses, then speaks again. "You may calls me Jurgen of the Tigers."

The impossibly big man laughs. He smiles back. He has passed. Jurgen of the Tigers has begun the long walk to his destiny.
>>
Feel free to include this in the wiki. It would be nice if a drawfag would work his magic.
>>
>>46319071
>>46319552
>>46319857
>>46320092
>>46320312
>>46320625
>>46320917
>>46321153
This is some genuine writefagging here.
Someone with who knows how to use wiki magic make a page for these guys.
>>
>>46321255
Think its worth it? I'll do it, but I don't know how well fleshed out these will be
>>
>>46321354
Well I am still here. I just got done writing the story of Jurgen
>>
>>46321373
>>46321354
>>46321255
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Death_Consuls
I guess we should start with an infobox
>>
>>46321354
Well, we've got the details about the homeworld, we've got a bit about the Chapter itself, and we've got this awesome writefaggotry, and I want to be able to have multiple threads.

I'd say it's enough to warrant a page.

>>46321413
And blam! Someone did it already. Nice!
>>
>>46321443
is it really that good?
>>
>>46295002
Carcharadons, doy. They're not specifically descended from loyalist Night Lords, but are just using the geneseed.
>>
>>46321484
too late for that. We just had the chapter done fleshed out.
>>
>>46321473
I dunno. I like it.

>>46321484
Carcharadons are awesome.
>>
>>46321443
>>46321413
>info box

>Name
>Battle-Cry
>Numbers
>Founding
>Successors
>Chapter Master
>Primarch
>Homeworld
>Specialty
>Allegiance
>Colors

The obvious ones are obvious, but these all need to be filled out + emblem
>>
>>46321574
>battle cry.

Death calls, and the hunt awaits!

>primarch

Konrad Kurze
>>
>>46321598
Tigar Palme work for Chaptermaster? It was the only name I could find
>>
>>46321598
This is completely unrelated, but Konrad Kurze sounds like the most normal, if slightly edgy, name out of all the primarchs.

Like seriously, Konrad or Roboute?
Look how different they are.
I've actually met a dude named Konrad. And a dude name Conrad.

But anyways, I'll get back to work.
>>
>>46321669
current chapter master. As long as Jurgen gets to be the chapter hero, I am gravy.
>>
>>46321669
For some reason, the name rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe it's the way it's spelled?
Tyger Palme?
Eh. I'll get over it.
>>
>>46321702
How about Palme Tyger?
>>
>>46321702
>>46321684
>>46321669
>>46321598
Alright, I got the Infobox in, I think everything in their is accurate. We should probably have a summary next? What should go in it? any volunteers to write it?
>>
>>46321748
Nah, let's just stick with Tigar Palme. I'll get over it.

Let's look to sprucing up the wiki page.
>>
>>46321775
22nd founding?

I thought something like 2nd founding would be better. They already know how their nostramo looks like and how it worked.
>>
>>46321805
I meant it as 2nd, but I fucked it up. Me mal
>>
>>46321814
done. Lets add the death worshipping part later to the chapter's history.
>>
>>46321850
>>46321775
I think it'd be best to do this in order, lest it turn out like Sanguine Shields
>>
>>46321883
Alright. IDK whats the matter with Sanguine shields.

Right now, we have the story of the second chapter master, who is also their hero - if no one objects.
>>
>>46321919
I'm fine with that.

How about we fluff up the legendary figure that was lost to the warp? The 1st Company Captain?
>>
>>46321919
>IDK whats the matter with Sanguine shields.
Some fag went off and did his own thing on the wiki without consulting anyone and kind of fucked up the format. Not that all his shit was bad, it was just a mess
>>
>>46321953
I see.

>>46321941
Does anyone else want to write the story about why the first company disappeared?
>>
>>46321977
Nah the 1st company didn't disappear, the figure of legend was the 1st company Captain, and he was lost to the warp, according to the table.
>>
>>46322038
alright. How about a story where the Dark eldar were planning to do a giant fucking raid on Siberis and the First Company stopped it with the PDF. The Captain swore eternal war against the dark eldar and charged in the portal to fulfill his promise. Some say that a Great tiger stalks the underways of Commoragh still.
>>
>>46322089
That sounds good to me.

Anyone object to this?
>>
>>46322213
I think its just us two now anon
>>
>>46322223
>>46322213

you wanna rub cocks together?
>>
>>46322223
I'm still here, but I just joined up, so I don't really have a good feeling on these guys yet. I'm the dude doing wiki stuff, just in case
>>
>>46322266
>>46322243
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.