[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wqdt/ Weekend Quest Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: wqdt_ha.gif (378 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
wqdt_ha.gif
378 KB, 700x704
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QMs.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, as well as the addresses of quest related IRC channels.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QMs. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you aren't on the list, post your twitter here and someone will make sure it gets added eventually.

>QM Question:
Do you incorporate parts of different settings and stories into your quests?

>Player Question:
How do you feel about QMs incorporating parts of various fiction into their quests?
>>
File: hibiki shrug.gif (463 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hibiki shrug.gif
463 KB, 500x281
>>46137259
>Player Question
I'm pretty okay with it, depending on what they do with it. Is there a point to doing a crossover of some kind, a logical reason for why the crossover works, or is it just there for kicks?
>>
Hopefully this thread will be less of a shitstorm than the last.
>>
>>46137418
What happened last thread?
>>
>>46137418
>Shitstorm
None of that was real anger on animosity. Just bored shitposting.
>>
>>46137464
>on
or*
>>
File: tumblr_nt6rqtBJMq1u3g7u0o2_500.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nt6rqtBJMq1u3g7u0o2_500.gif
2 MB, 500x200
>>46137259
>Do you incorporate parts of different settings and stories into your quests?

I went to pretty far lengths to twist parts of the story to put pic related into Mortal Kombat's setting and then added dinosaur-riding amazons to it so that we could have a kung fu fight on the back of a car at high speeds after chasing down the cars on velociraptor mounts

So, yeah, I think I do
>>
>>46137259
>QM Question
Depends. When I do fantasy settings, I generally like to create my setting from scratch and build my way into a complete story. Sometimes, I do use other stories as inspiration but I tend to stay away from that.

>Player Question
If it doesn't get in the way of the actual story, then I don't really mind. If it's tacked on and feels out of place, I'll be upset about it.
>>
Ay, mang, where all the QMs gone to?

Seems like half of em up and disappeared.
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest tomorrow morning, hopefully close to 10am EST.
>>
>>46137568
Spring break.
>>
File: 1401666208356.gif (499 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1401666208356.gif
499 KB, 960x720
>>46137568
I think I'm going to run my shitty quest in a little while. Maybe. Maybe not.
>>
Having more than one potential love interest is haremshit.
>>
>>46137638
Are you the one who proposed a sempai notice me quest?
>>
>>46137259
>How do you feel about QMs incorporating parts of various fiction into their quests?

I don't mind stuff being cribbed as long as they fit with the setting/quest.
>>
Review anon fucking when?
>>
>>46137673
Yes
>>
>>46137568
Soon
>>
>>46138027
BEG bro is that you?
>>
>>46137568
I'll be running a new thread of my garbage quest in a couple hours, but since I'm coming down with a cold, it may be a pretty short one.

>QM Question
My current quest is definitely a different genre than what most would expect going into it, so there's that.

I'm also brainstorming a quest that is an absolute clusterfuck of settings and genres, and only somewhat intentionally.

>Player Question
I'm totally fine with it as long as they make it work.
>>
>>46137259
>Player Question
I love it, so long as the QM knows what they are doing with it. I.E classical stories. If they seem to be just throwing it in there halphazardly, I start questioning its place in the quest.
>>
>>46138196
Indeed, getting ready to launch soon, might be a shorter thread today though
>>
And we have started:
>>46138457
>>
Be the BEG is starting, if you care to partake

>>46138632
>>
Bloodhunt Quest is on. Come and help us decide a tie

>>46138065
>>
File: mc_present.png (2 MB, 1668x2250) Image search: [Google]
mc_present.png
2 MB, 1668x2250
No thread tonight, working on setting and fleshing our new characters instead. Going to do extra threads this easter as compensation

I was very satisfied with yesterdays thread, doing proper prepwork did wonders.
second thread was shit

There's just no time to reflect over the shit I'm writing if it's live, doubly so due to my non-english native skills.
>>
Yesterday was a flop.

I had fun though. Thanks to everybody who contributed.
>>
>>46138903
What were you running?
>>
>>46138903
Shit, I feel sorry, I liked your previous thread but I just didn't have time while I was working on my own
>>
>>46138922
unimportant, the quest is discontinued.
>>46138945
I am glad to hear that. I wish you the best as a QM. I used this trip to run a joke quest, as soon as the prep material for my more serious quests is done I will run something else.
>>
So in about an hour or so some friends and I are going to do a homebrew. None of us have ever done this and I'm the DM. Any last minute advice?
>>
>>46139029
>Last minute?
Nope, good luck buddy.

>If you had more time.
Go participate quests as a player. That way you gain some perspective of what works and what doesn't.
>>
>>46137742
I think I killed him ):

I told him he could drop my quest(civ?) if he wanted since it is kind of a slog to get through but I haven't seen any sign of him
>>
>>46140020
Your quest is about an undead guy, resurrect review anon!
>>
fuck.

my urge to make something new is rising again. i already have the idea and some notes but i know this would wind up like another failure. i don't want to go back to my previous 'successful' unfinished quests at the moment.

maybe i should stick to drawing, i think i am better at it.

what should i do?
>>
>>46140651
What were the quests?
>>
My next quest's MC is going to be a gay guy, goddamnit, and it won't even be the central point of the quest, even though I'm sure some players will be enraged when they realize it!
>>
>>46140729
As long as you don't make him gay just to make him gay.
>>
>>46140651
run it as a one shot

exercise the demon of creativity
>>
>>46140729
>>46123011
Do something like this, run a quest based off of suggestions.
>>
>>46140834
this might help yeah
>>
>>46137259
>How do you feel about QMs incorporating parts of various fiction into their quests?
As long as it isn't instantly recognizable, it won't throw me off.
>>
>>46141209
There was a Civ about underground ghouls that had the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as an underground mutant clan that allied themselves with them, I think Other players didn't seem to mind
>>
I have an idea for a quest. It would revolve around a cold war like political situation, you would be a super computer that was recently programmed to evaluate political problems and make choices on how to best proceed. Each mission you would get an amount of political points to spend on actions(like meeting up with local governments to discuss diplomatic deals, or using nearby military bases to have "war games" to put pressure on governments that aren't cooperating) It would start off with small/easy political situations, like setting up military bases or trade routes/deals in a part of the world that's already under heavy influence of the government your serving, and then it will ramp up to harder situations where you would deal with bigger governments with nuclear capability's.
>>
>>46141492
I could see how that's interesting but you'd have ALOT of shit to keep track of as time went on. Would you really be prepared for that?
>>
>>46140834
here goes nothing.

>>46141550
>>46141550

thanks for the inspiration , anon.
>>
>>46137524
>dinosaur-riding amazons to it so that we could have a kung fu fight on the back of a car at high speeds after chasing down the cars on velociraptor mounts

That was in Konquest? Damn, I'll have to start reading the archives, that sounds fucking hilarious.
>>
>>46141549
I love politics, I would need to build the world first and expand on it when necessary. If there was interest in such a quest/game I would gladly document all information pertaining to the game.
>>
>>46141728
I personally would be interested in it, and I think depending how the first thread goes you might sway some of the more interested people...though this could also back-fire horribly and you draw /pol/ here.

Nothing wrong with /Pol/locks until the Autism spews out of the pockets.
>>
>>46141549
>tfw you're not Jesus anymore

Those days are gone aren't they
>>
Would anyone be entertained by a cyberpunk quest that incorporates /pol/-tier predictions of the grim far future?

One where whites are virtually non-existent, almost everything is legal and accepted, heavy body modification is accepted as normal, SJWs have managed to make themselves a hive mind and shadowy corporations are behind everything and the police are privately owned?

I don't want to push an agenda, I just think these concepts could be fun and interesting.
>>
>>46142102
Sounds like fun, we could try to save the world from corruption.
>>
>>46142102
Brah, that fucked me up real hard. Could we clone the white race back or something?
>>
>>46142152
You'd actually be an ultra rare pure Caucasian.

There aren't many of you out there. Most are actors or models, but you're a scrawny hacker with social anxiety and a hatred of people.

The other whites are the Vamps who run the corporations. They're called Vamps because they're pale, live a disturbingly long time with gene-modding, and you know, they're bleeding everyone else dry. Think the WASP/White Men ruining the world meme but taken to the next level.
>>
>>46142231
Would we have chargen for body modifications?
>>
>>46142231
It could be a crazy fun ride with crazy being emphasized
>>
>>46142231
My Inner /pol/lock is fucking dead right now, you're killing me man. I'm interested, I wanna see how the fuck this goes.
>>
>>46142256
I'd probably just give you some computer based augmentations and some illegal connections to explore.

I have got some really crazy ideas for cyber augmentations and genemodding, but I'd rather explore the setting from a more grounded and relateable protagonist. It'd force you to think on your feet a little more, and provide more of a contrast to the crazy.

For example - cyber-genes; using self-replicating nanobots to bind to the genetic structure so offspring are actually born with artificial augmentations.
>>
>>46142360
Perhaps a restricted amount of genemodding and cyber augmentations, to allow a somewhat fair balance so we're not just some scrawny kid who knows how to hack.
>>
>>46141806
Alright, cool. I'll start putting together a world.
>>
>tfw someone chickened out of their first time QMing because he saw mine fail badly

I-I'm sorry friend
...I'm sorry
>>
Just saying that there's a new quest on Akun, and looks like there isn't going to be any smut I hate seeing QMs sit in their stories all alone. Maybe someone's interested:
http://anonkun.com/stories/devil-in-the-sunset/itjXAFQacxXCPSTZy
>>
>>46142360
>>46142405
I agree, so we're not some scrawny boy or girl, and can actually fight a little.
>>
>>46142420
I'd suggest a paste bin type set up if you are gonna do a lot of world building, Or something else like that because a lot of people have issues with massive word dumps at the start. I don't because I love lore of anything. Also worse case you can always try it later or with other people if its a flop.

>>46142460
A what?
>>
>>46142405
>Perhaps a restricted amount of genemodding and cyber augmentations, to allow a somewhat fair balance so we're not just some scrawny kid who knows how to hack.
Maybe, but feelings of maladjustment, victimhood and fear are kind of central to the dystopia.

>>46142467
You could always try a gun.

Seriously though, I will think about structuring the story around a stronger protagonist.
>>
Yo folks, I'm tempted to just work up a quest using influences from BlazBlue/Guilty Gear... as well as tidbits found in such things like Garo, Accel Burst and even some bits from the infamous Joker quest I heard about a while back.

What I have so far is that there's a Augmented Reality Game installed on various smart phones or whatever high tech device you have, and well as for the "game" you have to hunt "Demons" or if you wish you can be a Player Killing asshole.
>>
>>46142478
>A what?
I'm not sure what you mean. A quest?
>>
>>46142510
the fuck is anonkun.com and shit like that? Is that 4chan related?
>>
>>46142545
Are you serious, or is this a poor attempt at irony?
>>
>>46142553
Serious, I honestly don't fucking know what that is.
>>
>>46142478
I'll use a paste bin. Although, I'll slowly introduce the world mission by mission. The super computer(you guys) has many skeptics, so the first mission will be a small imperialistic power play that don't require navigating though negotiations with the rivaling superpower. I'll also used the idea that the computer will hibernate between political missions to let time pass.
>>
>>46142506
will we get to choose our own drive?
>>
>>46142578
Where have you been for the last, like, 2,5 years in that case?
Anonkun is site made for questing, notorious for its smut quests, its admin, and some other things. Mostly populated by people from 4chan and of those, mostly for /tg.
>>
>>46137672
I'd agree.

Especially if the other love interest hang around.

At least that's what anime harems are usually like.
>>
>>46142661
Giving me a real CABAL/LEGION feel from C&C here boss, You got me interested.

>>46142707
That sounds super fucking sketchy because I've never once heard of it before.
>>
>>46140829
It's pretty much just that, though. There's no purpose, I just want to write a gay character.
>>
>>46142918
It's like 3 years old Anon. It started on /a/, had a /tg/ migration, then a /u/ and /d/ invasion that killed the site for a while. Starting to recover again.
>>
>>46142918
It's been mentioned several times in every fucking QTG and WQDT for literally a couple past years. Under what rock have you been living?
>>
>>46142102
>I don't want to push an agenda
Uhuh.
>You'd actually be an ultra rare pure Caucasian.
Uhuh, I see. Yeah.
>>
>>46142707
>Anonkun is site made for questing, notorious for its smut quests, its admin, and some other things. Mostly populated by people from 4chan and of those, mostly for /tg.
This is partially correct, you're leaving out the important part that akun is populated mostly by /tg/ rejects.
>>
>>46143004
>>46142980
I guess I've just skipped over it then, I hardly trust random links, espply ones that pop up on anon forms.

>>46143011
I know, We should totally clone all the whites back and kill everything off!
>>
>>46143028
No I am not? I literally mentioned that at the end of the post? Although I did misstype "for" instead of "from".
>>
>>46143011
If you follow demographic statistics it's happening in a few hundred years.

But this isn't about being butthurt about it or starting a race war, it's about putting the players out of their comfort zone in a world where they don't really belong. The few other examples of their race have privilege and power that the protagonist doesn't have, so there's resentment for their own race on top of mistrust from others. People would also suspect you of being a genemod or an android. Some will hate you, some will treat you like an exotic fetish.
>>
Crusader quest gets a status update when?
>>
>>46143072
Even if you don't plan on pushing an agenda, how will you deal with those that are, or who are just shitposting?
>>
>>46143158
Try and filter their anger through the characters perspective or just make the setting even crazier so their shitposting becomes irrelevant.
>>
>>46142506

This sound absolutely batshit crazy.

I'm in.
>>
>>46143158
like any other quest? Ignore them?
>>
JQOP, where art thou?
>>
>>46142102
>>46142231
Yeah sure there isn't an agenda. Are you upset as all the other /pol/immigrants that they banned quests there?

This is seriously one of the most blatant /pol/lock quest ideas I've ever seen. You're going to get people wanting to go all WHITE POWER and kill all the other races to bring back the honurabu mashtur arayan race, but I'm assuimg that's your goal
>>
>>46143259
the problem would be that a /pol/ v anti-/pol/ shitstorm could get the thread deleted, especially if the argument isn't quest or /tg-related.

I think the risk is that it quickly devolves into:

>Implying Trump isn't the only hope white america has
>Implying Libs don't want to destroy white people
etc

And a mod might just crush the thread rather than only banning the shitposters.
>>
>>46143302
>>This is seriously one of the most blatant /pol/lock quest ideas I've ever seen
Of course it is, you fucking idiot. Did you not read my initial post? The purpose was to create a dystopia using bullshit tropes that 4channers are familiar with.

>You're going to get people wanting to go all WHITE POWER and kill all the other races to bring back the honurabu mashtur arayan race, but I'm assuimg that's your goal
Now you're really fucking reaching. My goal was to create a self-contained story within a bigger setting.

Are you projecting? Do you get butthurt that Neuromancer or Blade Runner show an Asian dominated world?

You are a fucking hacker. You will hack shit to make money and uncover conspiracies in a world that is stacked against you. CYBERPUNK. DYSTOPIA. The purpose of Sci-Fi is to reflect real world issues, so projecting /pol/s fears of the future to reach their eventual conclusion is a perfectly fucking valid way to do it.

Having a white protagonist in a world with very few is no different to having a Native American protagonist in modern America. It doesn't make me a Nazi. Go sit on a dick.
>>
File: 1405784680306.jpg (312 KB, 1280x930) Image search: [Google]
1405784680306.jpg
312 KB, 1280x930
>>46141680

Yes, our protagonist was crossing the Wastelands of Outworld when he got run over by a Ferrari driven by a realm-displaced Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs being chased by an army of Mad Max-syle vehicle raiders.

Eventually dinosaur-riding amazons and tarkatans riding pteradactyls get thrown into the mix.

Good times
>>
>>46143453
I'm tentatively interested.
>>
>>46143453
do you remember Feminist Dystopia Quest?
>>
>>46143467
Did that happen as Cao? I don't remember anything similar with Kaito.
and if it did that means someone fucked up time and space AGAIN?!
>>
File: 0.jpg (60 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
60 KB, 700x350
>>46143520

Yes, we're still playing Thief Quest with Cao. We just hit thread #10. As for time and space, no, I just came up with a new faction of people who kidnapped Cassie and Jacqui and brought them to Outworld to steal them and their car (Johnny Cage's Ferrari). Here, an excerpt from thread #5:

>Cassie takes a deep breath. "Okay. We're trapped in another hostile realm. We don't have any real food or water. We're completely unprepared and wearing casual clothing, and I'm out of bullets. Good news is, we have a car. Bad news is that sooner or later we'll run out of gas and there's an army of psychopaths trying to chase us down." She reaches into her pocket and takes out the gum case. "And I'm out of gum, too." She crumbles it up and tosses it aside.

>"Alright, what's the plan?" Jacqui asks.

>Cassie folds her arms. "Well, if we're going to get back home, we'll need that lead car."

>"What about it?" Cao asks.

>"It's got some kind of portal-generator," Jacqui explains. "These guys have been popping in and out of Earthrealm ever since the invasion twenty years ago, using it."

>"One time, when mom was home, she had a classified document. I wasn't supposed to read it because it was Top Secret-level clearance but I did. It was an OWEA report on them; apparently, they're all a collection of people who were displaced during the portal storms when Shao Kahn invaded. They all banded together here in Outworld and somehow made a small army. They found some magical skull that opens up portals and instead of rejoining civilization with it they've been pillaging and raiding their way across the realms ever since."
>>
>>46143514
I only remember it was a massive shitstorm.

I'm hoping to avoid that by covering as many bases as possible, so there won't just be the race thing that everyone is currently fixated on, there'll also be cyborgs and catgirls and literal landwhales, and overpowered handguns in common circulation, and hordes of mind-linked SJWs, and racist old Chinese ladies, and biker gangs, and police heli-cars with billboard advertizing on the side and miniguns, and constant rain, and high-rises so big that you can't see the sun, where people take melanin injections and you can buy rooftop tickets to watch the sun rise behind a haze of smog.

That's what I want. Not some bullshit 'save the white race' nonsense. You're pandas. The end.

That's all I've got to say, I'm off to see Leonardo DiCaprio get raped by a bear. Peace out.
>>
>>46143221
I'm still trying to think up a good baseline plot and how to work the Guilty Gear/Blazblue Aspects in.

One such angle is that your family was heavily involved in some form of perpetual energy/extradimensional string theory type research and they found some sort of unique sequence that put through several filters resembles DNA. And well they reconstructed it and injected it into you while still in your mother's womb?
>>
Shameless plug for a short quest I am running. I just went with whatever was suggested so it is a knight fighting a dragon to rescue a princess.

I could use more readers to vote and tell me what parts of my writing are shit.

>>46123011
>>
>>46143453
lol
>>
>>46143634
>That's what I want. Not some bullshit 'save the white race' nonsense. You're pandas. The end.

So run that, keep the race a background thing.

As soon as you mention stuff like 'the white race is almost extinct' the shitposting begins.

Run Bladerunner and Judge Dredd-esque stories.

If players ask then you say that most people around here are racially mixed and that few people are (or claim to be) just black, chinese, latino etc. Most people are a mix of several races, though they might identify with a particular heritage (or not).
>>
So a Qm decides to quit their quest without a conclusion to go immediately run a new quest they're more interested in. Regardless of whether you were a fan before or not, how likely are you to read the new quest? Is the QM a flake? Untrustworthy? Would you risk it anyway if the topic of the new quest was relevant to your interest?
>>
>>46143978
quests not getting completed is quite common sadly.

probably get people asking if you'll continue the old one if you run under the same name.
>>
>>46143941
>Most people are a mix of several races
Once a white lineage goes black it never goes back. And by that I mean the descendants will never be white again.
>>
>>46144148
What a fascinating opinion, thank you for sharing.
>>
>>46143978
It it happens once, thats fine.

But if it keeps happening over and over again where the QM keeps getting bored, then he isn't worth a player's time.

Whats the point of attempting to get invested if you know it'll end a quarter of the way into the story?

Lookin at you WulinSage.
>>
>>46143941
>>46144148
>>46143634
>>46143453
OR we just ignore them, A simple concept I know. And stick with how it was. They'll get bored when you don't shit post back.
>>
>>46143607
>They found some magical skull that opens up portals and instead of rejoining civilization with it they've been pillaging and raiding their way across the realms ever since.

Yorrick?!
>>
>>46144221
Won't stop the mods from earning their paycheck if two shitposters decide to square off in the thread.
>>
>>46144274
And? They shouldn't be a mod if they can't handle two fucking people. I've been in threads with most shitposting then you can picture and they'll still ignore it. As long as the majority of us are FOCUSING on the quest, We should be fine.
>>
File: Mission1.png (216 KB, 824x814) Image search: [Google]
Mission1.png
216 KB, 824x814
>>46141492
>>46141549
>>46141728
>>46141806
>>46142420
>>46142478
>>46142661
>>46142918

Setting up the first political scenario, here's a map of an island chain that need's to be dominated by the government your serving.
>>
>>46144309
>mods being competant and reasonable
>>
>>46144346
We gonna bully the shit out of the guys next door?

>>46144363
Nazi mods gone BB, we have competantish mods.
>>
>>46144309
>They shouldn't be a mod
You just say that, but they really shouldn't.
>>
>>46144210
>>46144057

Alright, now what if the QM gives the previous quest a sub-par ending just so it isn't a complete drop. But you were relatively sure the QM would most likely do the same to the quest you're reading, essentially going into a quest you know will have a sub-par ending.

Would you still follow it?
>>
>>46144387
>bully
Absolutely, the red areas represent another imperialistic major power(not nearly as strong as our government).
>>
File: typical day on tg.jpg (445 KB, 1696x1484) Image search: [Google]
typical day on tg.jpg
445 KB, 1696x1484
>>46144274
Mods these days are really permissive about /pol/ threads. Not just /tg/ threads that contain some shitposters from /pol/, threads that are just pure 100% /pol/.
>>
>>46143265
he dead

For real though I was sure he was going to run this week, but nothing. We were finally getting somewhere, too.
>>
>>46144442
So we're playing as the Allied Mastercomputer advising Not!America on what to do?
>>
>>46144387
>Nazi mods gone BB, we have competantish mods.
>Hot "text is nsfw when I get triggered" Pocket
>>
>>46144427
Well the QM gets points for at least giving an 'ending', subpar as it is. That said if I *knew* that the same thing was probably going to happen to the quest I'm reading...I guess that depends how much I like the quest and the QM.

I figure if I am already reading it in the first place, might as well stick with it til the subpar ending.
>>
>>46144221
> OR we just ignore them, A simple concept I know. And stick with how it was. They'll get bored when you don't shit post back.
>>46144309
> As long as the majority of us are FOCUSING on the quest, We should be fine.

You act like the shitposters aren't going to be the majority. When part of your pitch is that the white race is going extinct, you should be prepared for the fact that most of the playerbase is going to be made up of people attracted to that concept.
>>
Regarding the new episode of Iron-Blooded Orphans:

How do you effectively introduce a new villain that kills several named cast members in the thread that he gets introduced?

How do you do it when you include one of the broest characters to be lined up for the chopping block?
>>
>>46144477
Yes, this super computer was just put together to aid in political missions/crisis as they arise. Although, the government that you serve is skeptical of your ability's so there giving you an simple oration in an area that's already heavy influenced by your country. Of course, your a secret project, so all your advisement get reviewed and enacted by the top officials of running working in the part of the world. Those officials may occasionally not do as you ask in favor for what they think is the correct way to go about things. Your actions will be judged by the officials, and you can get political favors by advising the way the commander's/diplomats want.

I'm still working on all this, so it may change.
>>
>>46144675
So are we just a really intelligent computer or a full-blown self-aware AI? Will our handlers fear a hard/soft takeoff scenario?
>>
>>46144609
>Regarding the new episode of Iron-Blooded Orphans:
Don't bring that trash here. Fuck off.
>>
>>46144792
Dude, he has legitimate writing questions below it.
>>
>>46144824
He doesn't, though.

>How do you effectively introduce a new villain that kills several named cast members in the thread that he gets introduced?
Don't.
>>
>>46144880
Don't be a pussy, do it.
>>
>>46144768
Full-blown self-aware Ai under complete control by the government. All the information streamed to you is cleared by the project management, and what the project management can give you is cleared by upper echelons of the government.

The top officials working in the part of the world your working in can't determine what information you see, so if the commanders/diplomats act against your advisement, you will know. However, if the actual government want's to hide information from you, then you will never know.
>>
>>46144609
Well like that; it kills several names cast members.
The players are given a single chance to reduce the number of victims, them pooof.
>>
>>46144987
Regardless of what choice you make, readers are gonna be salty that events happened beyond their control, being the MC and all.

e.g. Strikers '89 and Kitty Hawk.
>>
Anyone know what happened to the Wrestle quest QM?
>>
File: skull_cage_8.jpg (380 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
skull_cage_8.jpg
380 KB, 1536x2048
>>46144262

No, it's a magical Crystal Skull

Yorick's still trapped in the Netherrealm
>>
>>46145033
That's the problem when you let your players get into that bizarre Ace Combat mindset.
>>
>>46144472

Don't even joke about it. I wanna see this damn thing through to its end, no matter what that is.
>>
>>46145033
I understand, but after a certain point you'll have to take that risk. Or choose popularity over quality and substance. Like in case money making ventures. That works too.

As a player, i would be salty too, but in life, there are things beyond your control. You can't be everywhere and save everyone.
>>
File: ketchup nap.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ketchup nap.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
How do I implement a plot twist ala second season cliffhanger the way Sunrise does it?

>End the current plot arc with several named deaths
>betrayals left and right
>The whole cast is disbanded and scattered
>Bad guys are hunting down and exterminating the crippled other side
>Optionally the MC is crippled himself, imprisoned or something horrible

And how do I transition to the new plot arc while keeping my players around?
>>
>>46145365
Don't put it off for long and/or keep a thread they can hold onto. Hope, a plan, something precious, or vengeance.
I am looking at you Aegis!
>>
I've got a preliminary idea for a quest rattling around in my head. I don't have everything ironed out yet, but the general premise is that the protagonist inherits something, I'm thinking a wizard's shop or tower, and the main thrust of the quest is exploring and well, conquering your new property.

The thing is, I'm not really sure how you'd do a clear and hold dungeon like that in a quest format, and desu, I'm not sure it can be done well; you don't want too many incremental interactions between the QM and the players, it'll grind things to a halt.

Anyone have any ideas?
>>
File: Apostles_During_The_Eclipse.jpg (294 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
Apostles_During_The_Eclipse.jpg
294 KB, 1280x544
>>46145365
Do what Kentaro Miura did I guess.
>>
How do I get rid of this toxic mentality of Ace Combat and XCOM and /k/, of players memespamming them in my quest thread?
>>
>>46145487
Don't be MercCommand?

I don't know, what's your quest?
>>
File: buddy are you shitting me.jpg (12 KB, 257x294) Image search: [Google]
buddy are you shitting me.jpg
12 KB, 257x294
>>46145487
Reset the twisted quest, start over from zero and entrust the future to the new readers.
>>
>>46145451
Make people impossibly angry at someone so they stick around just to see them die?
>>
>>46145487
Wut
>>
>>46145553
Build it up, foreshadow all the necessary elements beforehand, and then the new arc has a new goal, which is probably vengeance.
>>
>>46143072
so what about the players who AREN'T white to begin with?
>>
File: Invoke_Prejudice.png (312 KB, 311x445) Image search: [Google]
Invoke_Prejudice.png
312 KB, 311x445
>>46145692
>>
>>46145692
What the fuck does it matter if the players skin dones't match the MC's? What the fuck is wrong with people these days. Dis bait tho ;-;
>>
>>46145583
Nah, most people wouldn't enjoy that here, they'd be all mopey because everyone died.

Just because you have plot, and have flaunted it for long enough, doesn't mean people will want to stick around after you kill literally the entire cast save the MC and maybe a couple others.

It's different when you see something like that as opposed to having to deal with it. Most people would get unreasonably angry and freak out and bail. Or they would stick around and do nothing but shitpost and try to ruin what's left of the quest. A good example is SOMNIUS and his quests, when he does pretty much anything to the cast everyone bitches for fucking ever until the quest dies.

Basically you -shouldn't- kill the cast if you can avoid it at all, or just kill token characters or those people don't really care about, because the moment you GGnoRE popular cast members people are going to whine until time ends. Best strategy is to knock them out of commission for a while, if not permanently, or have them kidnapped or some such tripe. Just never kill characters left and right to establish another character, that could easily be done through mooks or people who you know are strong but have never interacted with, like a legendary fighter or king.

/tg/ is too impatient for plot.

But really, just fucking murder everyone, the anger is delicious.
>>
>>46145527
I've seen Ace Combat spamming in so many other quests. How do we prevent it in a quest?
>>
>>46145799
Or save the big character deaths until the end of the Quest.
>>
>>46146121
Don't run quests about planes.
>>
File: 141593928028.png (551 KB, 819x983) Image search: [Google]
141593928028.png
551 KB, 819x983
>>46146121
Not care?
>>
File: angerrr.jpg (86 KB, 617x467) Image search: [Google]
angerrr.jpg
86 KB, 617x467
>>46145799
Anger great enough to leap buildings in a single bound!
>>
File: toolate.png (228 KB, 511x473) Image search: [Google]
toolate.png
228 KB, 511x473
>>46145799
>/tg/ is too impatient for plot.

Let me lay it out here. I hate pancakes, I hate fluffy and I hate SoL. But I love comfy.
>>
>>46145445

Stop being shit.
>>
>>46145445
you want fantasy harvest moon?
>>
>>46146317
Do you have an example of a "comfy" work that isn't SoL or features "fluffy"?
>>
I can't wait to rebuild Axis in German Hollow Quest
>>
>>46146881
I just want to see Hitler turn into a hollow. Maybe his artistry would improve.
>>
>>46146948
Inb4 hitler hollow tries to segregate hollows by original races in life

Nobody gives a fuck or even humours him

Mfw he becomes an absolute bro
>>
>>46147156
>"I have done a lot of reflection in my afterlife. I have decided ze Jews weren't the problem. It really was zose bastard Japanese."

>and thus the FOURTH REICH begins, a nation that aims to bring down all of the Shinigami

>inb4 "what about the quincy?"

>"We do not talk about zem."

Hey, he was a charismatic guy, he'll probably be able to start a legit army of hollows in Hueco Mundo if he turns into a hollow and makes it that far.
>>
File: 1456375216428.jpg (53 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
1456375216428.jpg
53 KB, 550x380
>>46147277
>Hey, he was a charismatic guy
Not really, he was just angry and other angry people like that.
>>
File: Delta Green plot hook.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Delta Green plot hook.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>46146948
>>46147156
You want bro Hitler? Fuck you, have hundred dead Hitlers.
>>
I was planning the setting for a quest I was wanting to make.

What does wqdt think of 1800's fantasy settings in general? Trains, telegraphs, magic, some industrialization, etc?
>>
>>46147439
Aw did you lose family to the Holocaust? Or are you just going on about how we should feel bad over something our grandparents did.
>>
>>46148100
Love em.
>>
>tfw that quest I was going to start soon has to be delayed because of reasons

It's sad, I hope I don't forget too many of the plot details I had in mind.
>>
>>46146343

I've never played Harvest Moon, but from what I gathered secondhand, it would be less about economics and relationships, more about

>Well, which of the three rooms that you don't know what they do but you can get past the barriers to get into do you want to visit?
>Can you figure out how to get past the acid cloud in the alchemy room, and how do you want to fight the animated statue in the western hallway?
>You got one of the guardian elementals following your orders now, do you want it to be a bodyguard, or to watch over your focus room to make sure more monsters don't creep in and try to smash your crystal collection?

Stuff like that.
>>
>>46148290
Um.. write it down?
>>
>>46148268
Good! My quest was going to have plenty of it.

I was thinking of bending the rules just a little. Modern toilets, showers, plumbing (Which is off by about fifty years), everything else? 1800s. Arc lamps and flames for lighting, muzzle-loaded rifles as the 'best', etc.

Any other suggestions you would like to see in such a setting?
>>
>>46148358
I have it typed out in a diary of failed quest ideas that I never run (I call it sorrow.txt).

Needless to say, writing down those quest ideas never went anywhere either. It's sad.
>>
>>46148290
If it's the quest I'm thinking of, I hope you keep at it and follow >>46148358's advice. I think it has potential to be pretty comfy.

Now can we also get some word from SuperSchool anon, too? I'm still itching to play that one.
>>
>>46148639
I think of all my ideas, this is probably a huge keeper. So I'm definitely going to find some time in the coming weeks to at least try it.

I enjoy comfy.
>>
>>46148100
>What does wqdt think of 1800's fantasy settings in general? Trains, telegraphs, magic, some industrialization, etc?

Do you mean like a fantasy version of Rurouni Kenshin? Then okay.

But Steampunk fantasy? NO.
>>
How do you make a character who is more clever than you are?
>>
>>46148561
>muzzle rifles
Dude, repeater rifles were in the 1860s, and

>What is the Cookson rifle

Research harder you dingus.
>>
>>46148879
If it's a clever mastermind, write what the guy's evil plan is gonna be, and then write the plot around that.
>>
>>46148873
>But Steampunk fantasy? NO.

I don't like Steampunk. I really don't.

>>46148912
While this is true, I was wanting to not have them because it might make magic irrelevant if they were too strong.
>>
>>46148916
More like someone who is clever while being witty. Think Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango.
>>
are there any quests you can't follow because they just are too exhausting emotionally?

I'm dropping Fortune Hunter quest, it's just getting too depressing
>>
>>46148941
>make magic irrelevant if they were too strong
Then make your magic stronger.
>>
>>46148997
But where's the cut-off point? Do I stop when it can deflect bullets or where someone who was really good can use it to snatch a rifle from someone's hands?
>>
>>46149031
Why not do it like Alloy of Law and just have magic be useful? Not amazingly super-powerful, but terribly useful when used by somebody who knows what they're doing.
>>
>>46149031
If wizards are rare than magic can do literally anything and guns will still be relevant. There's nothing wrong with having a fantasy filled with legends that nobody can actually attest to seeing. They tell stories about how one wizard cleared a whole battlefield with an explosion that rose to the heavens or how Not!Rasputin shrugged off a dozen gunshot wounds. But you won't find an eyewitness.

So when your protagonist starts to develop unusual powers they'll have to learn to keep them hidden, or the powers that be will start taking a serious interest...
>>
>>46137259
How do you mean? If you mean stealing concepts from other fiction, then yeah that's fine. If you mean dropping a character from a show into your quest wholesale like some quests have done in the past, then yeah its shit.
>>
>>46147393
He convinced people to give him supreme power.

You don't do that by -just- yelling.

He yelled with a great accent. Clearly.
>>
>>46137638
Same
>>
>>46149031
I'm planning a similar setting for a quest.
Haven't run into this problem because magic and technology aren't really separate.

Sure, maybe a rifle does make your average caster irrelevant.
But rather than just shrugging and giving up on magic, they would instead get their own rifle and enchant it to reload itself, or to fire flaming bullets, or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>46149057
>Why not do it like Alloy of Law and just have magic be useful?

Because I would prefer to keep the world more or less similar and consistent. I would have serious problems rationalizing magic existing if the answer to most problems would be "Just use magic on it".

I could maybe be convinced that if it's purely utility magic.

>>46149103
>So when your protagonist starts to develop unusual powers
That's not really the development I had in mind.

>>46149147
>Haven't run into this problem because magic and technology aren't really separate.

My problem with putting that in the setting I had in mind: When old-timey technology becomes akin to magic: you have steampunk.
>>
File: wizards.gif (25 KB, 600x263) Image search: [Google]
wizards.gif
25 KB, 600x263
>>46149147
>Wizards with guns
>>
>>46148879
>>46148959
I can't think of a way you can have a character who is more clever than you are without making everyone in the quest a complete idiot for contrast.
>>
>>46143978
That's me right now. I'd pull it together but there's too much going on in my life and running a quest while homeless would be hard. But I get the damn guilt from every direction.

I dunno. Somebody buy me one of those solar backpacks and a laptop and maybe I'll just wander around and run when I hit WiFi. Wandering on foot and writing are my two favorite things anyway, maybe it would work out.

Alternately I get a good full time job tomorrow and maybe just sell myself to it and my gf and live a decent but boring life.
>>
>>46140729
I don't think anyone will care and those who do will avoid it since you're clearly just doing it for attention.

But that won't stop you from fabricating a scandal in WQDT by anonymously bitching about your own quest.
>>
>>46149103
Adding onto this. A lower level caster would still be capable of some dangerous and nasty shit.

Look to supernatural FPS's for inspiration, they're designed in such a way that you'll keep alternating guns and spells, except for certain story sections where your powers go into overdrive and you start tearing people apart with your mind.

Think Bioshock or The Darkness or Second Sight.
>>
>>46149182
>When old-timey technology becomes akin to magic: you have steampunk
Steampunk is writing a sci-fi setting and then coming up with bullshit excuses for all your technology to be powered with steam.

Magic doesn't mean you can have modern-day technology with an 1800s aesthetic. Or it doesn't have to, anyway.
In my setting it's usually just a shortcut, and not one that's really viable for mass production.

>>46149188
Well they can't make guns out of nothing. Not the average one, anyway.
>>
>>46149182
>purely utility magic

In Alloy of Law, magic is extremely narrow per person, like 'pulling metal' and 'slowing down my time'

But a lot of the characters know how to use it well. Like 'pulling metal' is useful in a firefight, for grabbing tools, and for flying upwards. One guy lucks out and gets regeneration, and also knows the limitations it has.

So yeah, one power, but many useful yet limited applications.
>>
>>46144609
>Regarding the new episode of Iron-Blooded Orphans:
Oh hey, the IBO cuck is back!
>>
>>46144609
>How do you effectively introduce a new villain that kills several named cast members in the thread that he gets introduced?
That's not even how IBO does it. Einaught had a shitload of buildup.
>>
>>46149299
>Steampunk is writing a sci-fi setting and then coming up with bullshit excuses for all your technology to be powered with steam.

I understand the difference conceptually, I don't see how functionally it becomes separate in a freeform environment.

What would I say if one of my players suggested we use magic to power a train? That they just can't do it? A wizard in the party can throw a fireball twice his size, and he can't run a steam engine?

It's those kinds of things that want me to keep a leash on magic. If anything, I would prefer very hard limits to it purely for the purpose of not breaking the illusion that the world is still backwards from ours technically speaking.
>>
>>46149443
>wizard in the party can throw a fireball twice his size, and he can't run a steam engine?
Can he keep it up long enough for the train to get anywhere? If so, does he want to spend hours doing that?

And even if he can and does, how common are people like him?
If you can throw a fireball twice your size, surely your time is better spent doing literally anything else but running a train, at least not regularly.
>>
I want to make a quest but I don't know what to make it about. Anything you guys itching to see?
>>
File: meh.ro12312.png (291 KB, 750x366) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro12312.png
291 KB, 750x366
Quick idea I had today for potentially a one shot, just to get my creative juices rolling again.

There are two variants of this idea that have the same core aspects.

Varient A: You are an elderly, infirm Inquisitor of the great Spanish Inquisition somewhere in the world. Something of great importance has sprung up in the nearby village/Monestary you are being treated in/insert location here, something that may even threaten the Throne itself. It is heresy of the highest caliber, and only you have the ability to stop it.

And the day you learn of this blight against Spanish glory is the day you know you are going to die of natural causes. There is a mystery to solve and witches/demons to hunt down with your knowledge of the dark arts.

Varient B: Same as above, but instead you play as a demon/spirit/fae/whatever that the Inquisitor summoned in an act of desperation due to his bedridden status. The summon creature is bound within the failing body of the Inquisitor with no chance to escape unless the heresy is uncovered and purged, failure resulting in both entities dying together.

This is just the very basic idea for a quest, so anything anonymous can offer to further flesh out the idea would be greatly appreciated. Some world building could happen as well, I'm not set on anything except that it occurs sometime during the height (or perhaps the beginning of the decline) of the Spanish Empire.
>>
>>46150045
Sunless Sea quest.
>>
>>46150045
Cyberpunk Quest, as a genetically modified animal girl, trying to stop the corruption.
>>
>>46150053
A but include B to help railroad the players.
>>
File: 143812_1280_1024.jpg (337 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
143812_1280_1024.jpg
337 KB, 1280x1024
>>46150045
WW1, as slice of life in the trenches.
>>
>>46150205
>slice of life in the trenches.

>"Well, Frederi-" he died as a round ricocheted into his throat, his strangled gasps and choking cries quickly snuffed out by the sound of a new barrage from the local artillery.

Sounds like shit, Sarge.
>>
Tried to put this out there last thread, didn't do so hot due to the bored shit posting. More amused than mad (and I'm not even mad at all).

>Homebrew setting: world of Varunia
>Low fantasy with elves, dwarves, etc.
>Main continent Kaithe is Not!Western Europe in medieval ages
>Set three hundred years after cataclysmic Umbral War
>Le Inheritor of Sunlight vanquished the Umbral King, a fell necromancer and all around asshole
>Golden Age is fading...
>Alliances between countries and races are fraying
>Clashes between the Church of Light and the Old Faiths
>Whispers of the Dark returning for a second war.
>But that's not the focus of the story...not for a very long time, at least.

You are the eldest child of the late Kristoph and Antonia Ruland, whose sudden passing to the Wasting Plague has left you as the owner of a family business: an atelier shop of tinctures and tonics, arms and armor that has catered to a broad spectrum of customers. In the wake of their death, the Ruland Atelier and its comfortable number of assets falls to you and your younger sibling's ownership (much to the irritated gripes of your deadbeat uncle), but you can't take up the mantle just yet.

Your parents had friends and business partners in the neighboring kingdoms, some of whom aren't even aware of their passing. The abrupt nature of their death called for a quick funeral, without any time to dispense messages or letters. Thus, it falls to the Ruland siblings to travel the continent of Kaithe, reaffirm the agreements between your new business partners and see the world that your parents never let you explore.

>Very limited chargen
>Gender/Name:
>>Male (Markus) / Female (Morganna)
>Spent more time with...
>>Father (Bonus to smithing/weapon making/etc.) / Mother (Bonus to herbalism/potion making/etc.)
>Your younger sibling with the 'Spark' for magic is...
>>Brother, Micah (Painter) / Sister, Vera (Novelist)

Thoughts/interests?
>>
>>46138738
Can the tail open wide enough to latch onto someone's face?
>>
>>46150145
How ought I implement that then? Play as the Inquisitor woth the daemon inside of him, giving him power?
>>
>>46150351
Unless they're British, sure.
>>
>>46150421
How does them being British protect from manticore facehugging?
>>
>>46150205
How would this even work.
>>
>>46150142
i support this
>>
>>46150319
So would you advertise it as Atelier Quest first? Because all this world-threatening backstory shouldn't be revealed until later, after lots of buildup and foreshadowing.

And wouldn't advertising it as an Atelier Quest give people the wrong idea, make them expect something based on that JRPG?
>>
>>46150484
>>46150142
furries pls go
>>
>>46150504
>monstergirls are furry meme
wew
>>
>>46150437
Suffering, pain, black comedy, frantically trying to survive machine gun fire, hand to hand combat in the trenches, creeping across No Man's Land during a raid, and lots of introspection and trauma when the MC gets sent back far behind friendly lines to recover from 'battle fatigue'
>>
>>46150142
Cyberpunk quest where you play as a ninja girl with powered armor that has cat ears and a tail that acts as a stun baton. In all seriousness, you'd be surprised what a cyborg with a sword can do, even in Cyberpunk 2020.

On an unrelated note, finding good art to fit my aesthetic for Overlord Quest is proving to be far more difficult than I ever imagined. At this point I'm amazed if I can find an alien that fits the Ethereal's role without looking like he was formed out of puke, and is actually large enough for me to want to use. Finding pleasing images for this quest has actually been the hardest part of making the quest.
>>
>>46150511
Monstergirls are also shit.
>>
>>46150511
Not that anon, but I never understand how anyone can argue they aren't furry territory.

Anthropomorphized animals count as furry shit but anthropomorphized monsters do not?

Just sounds like the pot and kettle to me.
>>
>>46150622
That is an opinion and it is subjectively right and wrong, and while I disagree with it, I respect the right to have it.
>>46150653
Monstergirls are humans with animal features, because they are closer to a human than a furry, or at least most of them (Catgirls, Foxgirls and such)
Furries are anthro because they are closer to animals than humans, and follow the definition of it.
>>
File: furry.jpg (27 KB, 311x393) Image search: [Google]
furry.jpg
27 KB, 311x393
>>46150653
Monstergirls are humans with monster features.

Furries are humanoid animals.
>>
>>46149528
>Can he keep it up long enough for the train to get anywhere? If so, does he want to spend hours doing that?

In a pinch? Maybe. I don't want magic to be a get-out-of-tough-problems card, is what I mean. I don't want the answer to ever be 'just throw magic at it, you have lots of it'.
>>
>>46150486
I'm very hesitant to call it 'Atelier' anything due to the connotation with the JRPG. Never actually played it, though. Then again, I'm still stewing around for an idea for a good title. My vocabulary is only so limited...

I tossed this idea around a few weeks ago with the concept of being a traveling, 'slice of life' NPC quest that only has kind of...mundane occurrences (or as mundane as a low fantasy can get). It's just about an NPC trying to keep his/her family's business afloat while trying to:

>Raise enough money to send younger sibling to the best magical academy
>Keep deadbeat uncle from poaching the shop
>Fend off bandits/monsters while traveling on the road
>Ignore adventurers trying to seduce for lower prices, 'special deals', etc.

>>Buildup and foreshadowing
Like I said, that isn't going to come for a very, very long time. Starting point of the story has things still going relatively positive for the continent and territories as a whole. Main focus is just going to be on the interactions between the characters since that's what's most important in the SoL genre.

And even when shit hits the fan, you're still a minor character in the grand scope of things, just trying to run your business as usual while trying to survive unless you're somehow in cahoots with the BBEG or the hero trying to stop said BBEG. .
>>
>>46150683
Catgirls and foxgirls and that shit are not monstergirls, though. They fit into specific genres which, ironically, do fall under "furry" by the majority of everything, or they have their own category.

Something like
>>46138738
this is a monstergirl, because it is what happens when you take a monster and make it human enough to say "yes, I would fuck it."

It's literally the same thing as what "furries" do, even if it makes them appear more bestial.

There simply is no functional difference between your perceived "lelfurries" shit.

Your purist argument so that you aren't a furry for liking it is entirely retarded. The process of making monstergirls and furshit is literally the same fucking thing just to different extents. It's like saying you made two different pizzas despite them being exactly the same, just because you overcooked one.

Whatever. Not the place for this anyway.
>>
>>46150653
I've been told its all in the face.
>>
>>46150776
The manticore is clearly more human than it is a monster.
You could also say that Animal Girls fall under a different non-furry category.
Furry is like trying to make a New York-Style Pizza as Italian Style as you can, Monstergirl is like trying to make an Italian Style as New York-Style as you can.
>>
>>46148321
Considering how much of harvest moon is about slowly clearing out your plot and NOT ACTUALLY FARMING....yeah.

>>46150319
Rather than focusing on one or the other, the introduction should mainly focus on the traveling and making it clear that MC is a salesman, not a fighter. From there, you hint at the greater setting based on the people you meet and the history of the environment.
>>
File: 1427691034231.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1427691034231.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>46150858
>they're both pizzas

>exactly what above anon was arguing

Did you just agree with the guy you're fighting?
>>
>>46151179
>i'm going to simplify your argument into a strawman
wew
>>
File: 1443444076616.gif (2 MB, 389x185) Image search: [Google]
1443444076616.gif
2 MB, 389x185
>>46151212
Just because your analogies are piss poor, I'm strawmaning.

Toppest of keks.
>>
>>46151239
I was basing it off his analogy, please stop being retarded. :^)
>>
Let's not pretend that the only difference between "furries" and "monstergirls" are that furries are Western art and monstergirls are Eastern.

Let's also not pretend that this has anything to do with quests. Welcome back QTG.
>>
>>46151112
>Salesman, not a fighter
The MC is competent enough with a weapon (sword, mace, or crossbow), but only when fighting is the only option. Goblins, bandits, etc. and even then, those are best left to the caravan guard. And the younger sibling, in spite of formal teaching, is competent with low-level magic.

>Hint at the greater setting
For better immersion, I set it up as the MC leading a sheltered life with the younger sibling. Parents never took them out too far from the small town. Just the big city for a short trip and that's it. From that, the characters that the MC meets along the road during the travels informs them about the state of the world, gradually pulling him/her out of their previously sheltered lifestyle.

MC is smart and...read to a certain degree, but not experienced in worldly things.
>>
File: 1456282336609.png (473 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1456282336609.png
473 KB, 640x360
>>46150574
>>46150142
>cyborg catgirl quest
I'd play it, but only if it ripped off KnP as humanly possible
>>
>>46151381
There's a reason I said animalgirl and not catgirl.
Chargen for what animal
>>
>>46151352
>MC is smart and...read to a certain degree, but not experienced in worldly things.
So he can do stuff like "based on the map, we're in..." and "wow, did X ruin happen because of Y famous event?". That's plenty, and ignorant enough that MC needs to ask a local or scholar instead of the QM acting as an exposition machine the instant you set foot anywhere.

I'm in, if it's running while I'm around.
>>
>>46151395
Koukaku no Pandora
>>46151402
>animalgirl
Meh
>>
>>46151419
Just vote for a catgirl then :^)
>>
>>46151440
>chargen
Meh. I like it when the QM knows what they want to do with the character.
>>
>>46151544
In that context, it most likely wouldn't have a difference in the plot, because it's still animalgirl in cyberpunk world.
>>
>>46151405
Probably might end up running it within a few days. Just gotta finish some worldbuilding things like maps and other shit like that.
>>
>>46151568
I don't think you understand. You can't just -choose- a set of ears willynilly. If it doesn't reflect their character in some way, then you might as well rip those goddamn ears off.
>>
>being mad about furries in 2016
This is some early 00's shit dudes, the internet's gotten way weirder since then.
>>
>>46151949
Can you really say most quests that have the MC be a catgirl reflect the character in some shape or form?
>>
>>46152016
I can honestly say that most animal eared quest MCs are shit with shit MCs
>>
>>46152000
>the internet's gotten way weirder since then
Then it's good to know it hasn't lost view of what is shit and what isn't
>>
>>46152000
And most of that weirdness can be linked back to furries.
>>
>>46140889
That's what Ryukuza Quest was. There was a QTG that had this wild series of sugestions about lesbian yakuza half dragon shenanigans, and the enemies and friends she's meet.

The general plot of the entire quet was made by anons suggestions.
>>
>>46152487
Then took it in a wildly different direction.
>>
>>46149219
>I don't think anyone will care
Which is why you're replying.
>those who do will avoid it
Or bitch about it
>since you're clearly just doing it for attention.
I'm sorry?

>But that won't stop you from fabricating a scandal in WQDT by anonymously bitching about your own quest.
Projecting hard, buddy.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.