[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Golem Quest #7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: 1450036964109.jpg (134 KB, 1111x459) Image search: [Google]
1450036964109.jpg
134 KB, 1111x459
Boy was the last thread a fucking Roller coaster of insanity.
When we last left out hero, Gabriel, you had just laid with your Elven friend, Holly, through a series of nat 20s.
Besides that, you have discovered where the secrets of your past might lay. On the Line, where the Imperium and the Telvish have been fighting for over 200 years. Some where in that war torn hell hole lies the Golem Forge.
Hollys parents have obtained a large fortune from a distant relative who passed away, and through some pursious on your part, have approved of their Daughters lust for adventure, and will be financing for expedition. While they are busy sorting that out, and while you await for the Master Smith to finish building your new armor and mods, you spend some more time at the Library, searching for more answers.

First you search for books on Golemancy, and find nothing of relative interest.
Next you search for any records of sightings of Underkin after their flight fallowing The Big One. Records in the Palace Library reveal that several times in the past 25 years, unknown ships have been sighted off the Southern coast of the Imperium, but these sightings are few and far between, and the strange ships vanish far into uncharted waters before they can be investigated.
>>
File: Body 3.jpg (48 KB, 285x464) Image search: [Google]
Body 3.jpg
48 KB, 285x464
>>44191261
The name 'SilverCog' comes up once, in a document recovered from a Under Kingdom Ruin. It states that she volunteered for the Mark Two Golem Program, and was a 'Successful Transfer'. What ever that means.
Further investigation into the Mark Two program bares little fruit. All you can find is that the Program started one year before the Big One.

All of this research makes your head hurt. Which is something you didn't even know was possible. You decide to take a break.
As you begin to get up from the specially constructed chair, your grip your head in pain. This is an alien feeling to you.
You pass out.

When you awaken you are no longer in the Library. You are in someones house. It doesn't take you long to realize this is a memory.
Your body is not the rough pipe construct it was before. You have a strange body of metal and wood. You wear the laughter of children in the other room.

What do you do?
>>
>>44191999
Investigate sounds.
>>
>>44192078
Walking in this body feels... right? You think thats the right word. You lumber into the next room and find 5 children all playing a game together. Your memory tells you that these children age 12, 10, two 6 year olds (twins) and 3 year old. One of the twins looks up at you.
"Hey look!" She yells. "One is awake!" all of them abandon their game and run to you.
"Mom said he'd be asleep all day!" The oldest says, he is a short little boy, with black hair and the typical leathery Dwarven skin. "Wanna play with us One? You can be the Butler!"
The names of these children are lost to you, but you remember that they are CilverCogs kids. All of them. One of the twins crawls onto you back. "His new body is so cool!" She says.
>>
>>44192236
Feel unbalanced in this body, fall over due to twin.
>>
>>44192302
You're not wrong. You are not yet balanced in this body, and stumble over. The little girl on your back jumps off just in time, and avoids getting crushed.
The children all laugh. "Number One, you are such a ditz."
Suddenly, SilverCog comes in. Shes a bit older than the last time you saw her. She is wearing a white coat with blacksmith overalls underneath. She still has her clipboard with her.
"Kids, did you wake Number One up again?" She asks, like a stern mother.
"No! He woke up all by him self. Right N-1?" Says the 10 year old. You nod. SilverCog giggles.
"Well, Number One can't play right now kids. I need him for testing." The children all groan. SilverCog takes you into the other room and sits down in a chair. "They really love you, Number One." She sighs happily. "Are you feeling up to some testing today?" You nod. "Good. Because today they want a live test done. How do you feel about combat?"
>>
>>44192800
"Is that what I was made for? Fighting, killing, that sort of thing?"
>>
File: monster.jpg (51 KB, 526x650) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
51 KB, 526x650
>>44192838
"No." She says flatly. "But some jerks with medals want to see what you are capable of." She sighs and writes something on her clipboard. "I wont let them make you a weapon." She grabs her coat. "But I still have to humor them."

SilverCog leads you through a small underground town. No one seems to pay you much mind. You eventually arrive at a large, domed building. SilerCog takes you inside, where you are taken by several Gnomes in military uniform. They don't tell you anything. All they do is lead you to an armory and outfit you with weapons and armor.
You are sent into an arena.
Over head, you see what you think might be some sort of General figure. He pulls a lever and a door opens on the other side of the arena. Two hulking figures come out, they lumber out on the field. Upon seeing you, they charge.
Roll 1d20+7
>>
Rolled 10 + 7 (1d20 + 7)

>>44193351
>>
>>44193385
You fail to hit the hulking monsters with your blade. They ram into you and knock you on your back. The monsters roar at you.

Roll Dex twice. Simple 1d20, no bonus
>>
Rolled 13, 6 = 19 (2d20)

>>44193519
>>
>>44193532
You mange to pull your self to your feet, but fail to deflect the blow of one of monsters. One of them bites down on you left arm.

Roll 1d20+7 to kick it off
or, if you are feeling brave, roll 1d20+4 to do an instant kill on the creature.
>>
Rolled 15 + 4 (1d20 + 4)

>>44193695
Fuck it
>>
>>44191261
Got the past threads archived somewhere?
>>
>>44193711
It worked!
The creature is so caught up in trying to bite your arm off, it leaves its neck open to attack. You stab your sword through its neck, and it begins to spew this horrible purple blood. It lets our a loud roar as it stumbles backwards, gasping for air as it desperately tries to keep its blood in its body, before falling over dead. The General on the platform over head nods, fascinated.
The second creature is enraged at the death of its brethren, and rushes at you
You have the advantage now, use it!
>>
>>44193817
Thread - 1 https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/43993297/
Thread - 2 >>44027999 → →
Thread - 3 >>44075257 → →
Thread - 4 >>44092125 → →
Thread - 5 >>44119154 → →

here ya go senpai
>>
Rolled 15, 17 = 32 (2d20)

>>44193877
Beat monster to death with other monster.
>>
File: Fixedver.jpg (4 MB, 4202x5116) Image search: [Google]
Fixedver.jpg
4 MB, 4202x5116
Hey man. I tried to fix the pic that you uploaded yesterday.

Keep up with the good work and If you need any help about Questing tell me. For starters you should get a trip, just saying.
>>
>>44194128
That would be a strength roll
so thats +7 on each of those

You pick up the dead body of the monster you killed and violently swing at the other monster. You bash it upside the head. This confuses the monster, and wounds it at the same time. You beat the monster to death with its dead brother.
The Underkin watching look on in horror as you do this.

The last thing you remember before waking up is SilverCog looking down at you, worried.
>>
>>44194201
thanks for the edit guy.
No idea what a 'trip' is though.

Newfag.jpg
>>
>>44194288
On the name section you must place your name followed by an # and a password for example something like this:

Golem OP#Silvercog

The moment you post your password will be encrypted and turned into something else. In my case my password appears like "!rw/ZJc7M5s" if you use a trip nobody will be able to impersonate and mess with you.
>>
>>44193960
Thanks bby
>>
where are we now
>>
When you awaken, you are in the Library. About and hour has passed, and your headache is gone.

You return to your reading.

You are in the Imperial Library, and have 2 days left before the Master Smith finishes you new weapons and armor.

You are free to do more or less what ever you want. You have 1200 gold to go shopping with, if you wish.
>>
>>44194554
See if we can find a way to get permission from the fylkir to see what amounts to the court mage for some enchantments.
>>
>>44194711
The Fylkir very rarely gets free time. When he is not on the front of The Line, he is spending time with his wife and kids, or attending to matters of State, so he doesn't have time to meet with you. However, the Imperial Arch Mage himself is glad to meet with you.

The Imperial Arch Mage is an elderly man, in his 80s, with a golden robe that has the glorious Imperial Griffon on the front of it. His place of dwelling is a large Tower attached to the Palace. He sits in a large rocking chair, sipping some tea.
"Welcome, Ser Golem. How may I be of service?"
>>
>>44194817
Politely ask if he can enchant us at all, and if so, with what sort of stuff.

On a different subject, also ask what it takes to learn and practice magic, out of curiosity.
>>
File: PnqB2N4.jpg (56 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
PnqB2N4.jpg
56 KB, 480x270
>>44194893
"Could you enchant me?" You ask. The Arch Mage stands up and stretches. '"Ya want a good ol zap eh? I can do that. I can do anything!" He says proudly. "I'm the Arch Mage, the Master of Magic!" He says. "Well, second only to the Fylkir..." he mumbles. "Ur gonna need to be a bit more descriptive with 'Enchantment' though. What do you want? Harder stone? Bigger head?" He walks over to his potion station and starts brewing something.
>>
>>44195024
Anything that could help us, say, read books in an instant? Or at least faster?

Come to think of it, thinking faster in general would be good. Maybe a permanent Haste?

Could also do things like gel enchanted to be particularly good at healing. Or eyes that see magic very well. Or maybe simply Truesight, for magic and seeing through illusions and shapeshifting.

Only other thing i can think of is like...permaclean.
>>
no perma clean we need camo options
>>
>>44195204
The fuck is Permaclean?

"Well perhaps some sort of mental haste..." You say, unsure.
"Mental haste?" The Arch Mage asks. "What in the hell does that mean? Thinking faster?" You nod. "That's extremely dangerous" He says flatly. "The mind is a delicate thing, using magic on it can break someone of weak. Not that I'm saying you have weak will, I'm just warning you." He finishing brewing his potion. It turns out it was just tea.
"What about..." You think for a moment. "My repair gel? Could you improve upon that?" You say. The Arch Mage pours two spoonfuls of honey into his tea, and gets out a small cup.
"Repair gel, eh?" He says, half interested. "Can you give me some of it, to sample?" You do so, releasing a small dip of the gel fall into the cup. The Arch Mage takes the cup and sniffs it. He sticks his finger in and tastes the gel. Apparently its bitter.
"Hm. What exactly do you need it to do? The Gel says it repairs things." He puts a drop of the gel in his tea. "I can make it repair more for less, or maybe multi purpose it so it could be healing gel." He sips his tea, then adds a drop of what looks like blood to it.
>>
>>44195599
If both are impossible, then healing.
>>
>>44195650
"Are both of them possible?" You ask politely. The wizard rubs his beard.
"Possible? Yes. Easy? No. It'd take a long time to teach the Gel both, and there is no promise that both will stick." You think on this for a moment.
"I'll go with healing then. Make it work on Organic tissue and what not." The Arch Mage nods. "I'll get on it. Was there anything else?" He asks, this time he puts a pinch of fairy dust in his tea.
"How about..." You think. "Can you make it so I can see better?" The Arch Mage stares at you like your stupid.
"The mighty Golem has bad eyesight?"
"No, no. I mean. So I can.... uh... see... magic?" You manage to string those words together.
"You mean true sight? Yeah. Sure. I can do that."

Guys I have to go.
Fallow on Twitter for next game update if you haven't already @GabrielTheGolem
Hopefully more people will be here next time
>>
>>44191261
Link to last thread?
>>
>>44196940
>>44152924
>>
File: Gabe reading.png (186 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
Gabe reading.png
186 KB, 1000x700
My anons, I have returned
anyone around for us to continue?
>>
>>44198090
Yes
>>
File: M31_Spiral_Galaxy.jpg (52 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
M31_Spiral_Galaxy.jpg
52 KB, 750x422
>>44198284
>>44198351
Alright. Cool.

So

The Arch Mage casts some strange magic on you. Your vision goes black for a moment, before coming back on. Nothing looks different at first. How ever, when you look up, the roof of the Tower is gone, and is now this.
You are a bit amazed by this. The wizard laughs. "Yes, everyone reacts like that at first." He sips his tea. "There is your TrueSight, Golem. I'll need to work up a concoction that can teach your repair gel to heal organic tissue..." He trails off. "Come and see me tomorrow. Unless you needed something else?"
>>
>>44198443
"Underkin tea. I can brew some for you, very energizing. Silvercog had a penchant for it."
>>
>>44198475

"I'll pass." He says blankly. "I know how I like my tea, Ser Golem." He takes another sip.

So you guys wanna just skip ahead to when you get your armor or is there something else you wanted to do?
>>
>>44198587
Possibly browse for arcane texts in the library.
>>
OP?
>>
OP you faget answer me.
>>
>>44198443
Don't really think there's anything left for us to do. Let's skip ahead.
>>
Well crap, looks like OP left. And I just got here too...
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.