[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro and Mods, something MUST be done about the thread sliding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: Screenshot_1.png (168 KB, 1350x341) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
168 KB, 1350x341
Hiro and Mods, something MUST be done about the thread sliding dilemma on /pol/. Every time important information is being discussed (i.e. legitimate happenings), the catalog on /pol/ is flooded with outlandish threads designed to make the important threads become prematurely pruned.

The latest sliding episode lasted for ten hours last night, while we struggled to keep genuine threads bumped. Either the sliding is coming from bots (similar to malware bait threads on /b/), our own users wanting to troll the board, or third-party shills that want to censor what's being discussed.

Things have gotten very weird since Russia was banned then unbanned.

>inb4 delete /pol/
>inb4 dumb frogposter
>inb4 drumpf fan

I don't care about the fucking memes. These blatant attacks on the board must be stopped.
>>
1. Enable the robot on /pol/
2. Delete /r9k/
>>
>>561454
In fact, I would like to add that the sliding is still going on. It's hysterical that it's been allowed to continue this long.

>>561456
The robot algorithm on /pol/ wouldn't work sadly, the slide threads are too diverse to pinpoint.
>>
REMOVE POL remove pol
you are worst board. you are the board idiot you are the board smell. return to stormfront. to our stormfront cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,pol we will never forgeve you. nazi rascal FUck but fuck asshole board stink pol sqhipere shqipare..pol massban best day of my life. take a bath of dead alt-right..ahahahahahPOL WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget new .pol we kill the king , pol return to your precious 8gag….hahahahaha idiot pol and stormfront smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE POL FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. int+qa+s4s=kill pol…
>>
>>561469
Thanks for bumping my thread now kill yourself :^)
>>
>>561454
I endorse this in full.
>>561456
It doesn't work. See >>561457

>>561469
Please let's keep this thread meaningful and without creating further issues, especially if unrelated to the matter at hand.

>>561471
Endorsed, again.
>>
>>561494
But removing /pol/ altogether would surely also remove the issue of thread sliding
>>
>>561498
Hello Barneyfag
>>
Bumping for fixing /pol/
>>
File: 1453614335864.png (89 KB, 353x332) Image search: [Google]
1453614335864.png
89 KB, 353x332
>he thinks that shape-shifting reptillian illuminati jews or whatever boogeyman he believes in care enough about the armpit of the internet that they'd actively pay someone to "slide it"
Ever just consider that /pol/ is a fast, low-quality board?

What's it like being mentally ill?
>>
>>561756
JIDF shill detected! Can't troll the /pol/!
>>
File: 1463565233490.jpg (191 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463565233490.jpg
191 KB, 600x600
Endorsing.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1300x1128) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1300x1128
Make it happen
>>
Add back the ability for OP to bump their own thread, as soon as you post a new thread it's already on page 6 after 30 seconds due to all the shitposting, this way good threads can actually get to the first page
>>
Hiro just make me mod, it isnt hard
>>
>>561783
Screenshot the catalog and mark the threads you would delete.
>>
>>561471
Fuck off and die normalfag.
/pol/ was a mistake and all it has done is attract stormtards and normalscum. Delting it now would cause a few months of upset across the most populous boards but they will all eventually fuck off back to rョddit/twitter/faceboロk, etc.

/pol/ is a containment board with a broken seal. It's fucked beyond fixing.
>>
>>561454
>people who take /pol/ this seriously
>>
>>561454
4chan is a place for 11-17 year old outcasts to feel naughty and grown up. They say rude things because they want to fit in with the other lemmings and be cool, despite having no user names or post counts.

When they get their first girlfriend they graduate to facebook, twitter, instagram etc.

If they never get a girlfriend they stay on here sometimes until they are 21-23 and act like the 'cool' older brother, bullying and teasing the typical young teenage user.

It's mostly male, lonely, virgins.

/pol/ is a place where furries, pedophiles, transexuals, stormfront and other racist hate groups also attempt to recruit these young boys. Because of the nature of the board, if you have 10-15 fake ip's you can switch between, you can get almost any topic to 300+ replies, if you keep posting in your own thread.

Over the past 5 years various Intelligence Services have monitored and tracked users on this board, but they realised eventually that the people here are just harmless kids and not the terrorist masterminds they are looking for.

I am here because I am doing graduate research in Internet Anonymity and the type of person who wants to hide behind a keyboard. The profile I layed out above makes over 90% of the userbase on the chans, with about 70% of them just lurking/reading threads too afraid to post.
>>
>>561794
>>561796
>>561799
Are you faggots done?
>>
>>561799
Hi I'm 26, married, with a young son on the way, and I frequently lurk /pol/.
ANON BTFO
>>
>>561802
So either your employer is a three-letter agency or you're stupid enough to take the opinions of 16-year-old "neoreactionaries" seriously?
>>
>>561805
No.
I'm a FUCKING LEAF shitposter. But I occasionally respond to intelligent debate.

But the sliding really is annoying, and constant right now.
>>
>>561454
fucking this, much seaport the thread sliding is ridiculous and legit threads get buried so fast
>>
>>561805
opinions don't agree with me therefore ad hominem
STILL NOT AN ARGUMENT
>>
HIRO please be /pol/'s hero and do something about the sliding.
>>
>>561454
I think it's more a case of some people just shitposting for fun.
I've also noticed a lot of "slide"-looking threads have been getting 3 or so posts by the OP (which isn't particularly much in a 100+ post thread), seems like if it is an actual problem then they're learning.
>>
>>561454
How about you just become a big boy, stop taking your board so serious and take it like a bitch and turn it into some form of fun? Instead of bitching about every little fucking thing, fucktad.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>561791
its 2:50am and i cant be arsed putting togething a collage of the entire cattalog but i did the bottom
>>
>>561852
Released i missed a couple, I would do the two next to the pepe bee
>>
>>561854
>>561852

fuck I would delete the stuff to the vald putin thread,
>>
they're not sliding "important information," they're trolling and /pol/'s users keep taking the bait.
>>
>>561454
I just made a thread here >>561861 about the same thing (didn't see this one, sorry) but I think the rules could easily be amended to weed out this type of shitposting. They're always relatively the same anyway, an image to get people riled up and a one line post from the OP. I think most do it just so they can quickly make slide threads.

It would be pretty easy to combat this but as it stands now there are no rules against this type of thing. I think simply a ban on any threads where the OP makes no constructive input on their own would be enough to enable the mods to control the influx of these posters.

It's also worth noting that /pol/ IS actively being raided with these threads. That should be enough to make administration want to do something about it.
>>
>>561869
The more awareness, the better

Go bump >>>/pol/77291664
>>
>>561863
When a board gets to a certain population level it's literally impossible to stop people from "taking the bait" simply because there's too many of them.

I'm sure alot of them are just trolling but it's also good to keep in mind that raiding on /pol/ from external sites has been confirmed to be taking place. It's probably also more than a coincidence that this always happens right after something very newsworthy happens (orlando shooting right now.)
>>
MODS MODS MODS

this is a serious problem, the board is getting raided and shitted up, even for /pol/
>>
If mods and janitors could at least delete these one sentence OPs, it would do a lot to help. Delete duplicate threads too.

We had three threads up at once that just went, "What's the alt-right? Why is the alt-right so stupid?" And they're still there.

I know it's hard to moderate /pol/ in particular, especially if some of you just don't like what we say. But these are very basic guidelines that would clean up the board.
>>
Ok seriously we need help dealing with this problem. No mods or Hiro in sight
>>
SPREAD AROUND

Previous threads detailing the situation:

>>561861
>>561454
>>>/pol/77291664

Bump threads like the ones above to garnish attention, and hopefully something will be done about it.

Sliding episodes on /pol/'s catalog is nothing new. This is a problem that's happened on numerous occasions, most notably the recent Russia IP Range ban/unban and the Orlando massacre threads, which have attracted VERY unwanted attention. Use /pol/'s archive (http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/) and learn how to identify bait threads designed to ruin our board!

>highlight and copy Unique ID
>ctrl+f ; paste Unique ID in the search bar.
>If there's only one or two posts by that ID in the entire thread, chances are they're a shillbot.
>proceed to report, sage, and hide the thread.
>look for buzzwords, "hmm really makes you think", "how can X compete", "/pol/ BTFO", etc.

ONLY TOGETHER CAN WE BRING ATTENTION TO THIS EPIDEMIC!
>>
It's pretty ridiculous right now, at least 70% of the front page is slide threads designed to drown out legitimate discussions on current events.
>>
Have also noticed many of them have Canadian, British, and Australian IPs
>>
File: image.jpg (627 KB, 1536x1966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
627 KB, 1536x1966
ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION

IDENTICAL THREADS ARE BEING POSTED WITH IDENTICAL REPLIES

let me explain:

A thread will be started with an op, picture and all, that is identical to an old thread. Where it gets interesting is when the replies start rolling in. They are identical to the old thread as well.

Anyone that has browsed pol long enough will have had these Deja's VU moments.

The most worrying part... THEY ARE NOT BEING ARCHIVED ON 4PLEBS .
>>
>>561916
how does that work?
>>
Mods please we need emergency help
>>
BUMP MODS IT'S NOT LOOKING GOOD
>>
About this whole 'slid' meme. Is your ego really so inflated that you would rather believe that secret agents are spamming shitposts to hide your thread rather than face the fact that maybe no one cares about your shitty OP? Pol will always have garbage threads in the catalog it's pol ffs. Also zero bots exist that can beat the new Google captcha so far they even have a reward on it
>>
>>562038
paid shills, not bots.
>>
>>562033
>>561922
And btw newfag, OP can't bump his own thread. Please lurk moar before posting on qa
>>
>>562040
You are still just as delusional
>>
>>562041
Oh, there are ways, shillfag.
>>
>>562043
maybe. it's probably the lefts. you've seen how radical leftists can be to trump supporters, if you've seen the protests, and since a big chunk of /pol/ is right, can you really put it past them to try to fuck things up from the inside?
>>
It's getting even worse now. Mods please do something
>>
It really is getting worse. We need serious mod intervention like ASAP
>>
EXODUS IS UNDERWAY, DISCORD ROOM IS BEING SET UP

LEAVE /POL/ NOW
>>
>>561454
Ban Russians?
>>
>>562084
Bugger off
>>
File: 1465539246625.png (2 MB, 3210x2402) Image search: [Google]
1465539246625.png
2 MB, 3210x2402
This shit is getting out of hand.

I have a feeling it has something to do with hillary and her paid shills.
>>
File: 1465940188069.jpg (632 KB, 800x1016) Image search: [Google]
1465940188069.jpg
632 KB, 800x1016
>>561756
Sliding is overplayed but you're crazy if you think sliding/ shilling is only fake.
>>
Is this thread satire?
>>
>>562099
no faggot. /pol/ is being flooded with blatant non-4chan shitposters.
>>
https://discord.gg/014fWVyreVf5WE6ao

GO HERE

USE 10 MINUTE MAIL
>>
File: 1462932984768.jpg (58 KB, 676x827) Image search: [Google]
1462932984768.jpg
58 KB, 676x827
There is certainly a liberal agenda working against /pol/.

Which should indicate that whatever redpills /pol/ is dosing out is working if it's gaining so much negative attention.

It would seem a better strategy to diversify onto other platforms.
>>
>>561454
But you /pol/tard's are 'raiding' /mlp/ right now.
>>
File: 1459384244719.jpg (31 KB, 442x304) Image search: [Google]
1459384244719.jpg
31 KB, 442x304
>>562113
The hell we are, pony. We've been confined to our own board trying to keep ground.

Posters parading your board as /pol/ is more likely false flagging to get bronys to help their /pol/ takedown efforts.
>>
>>562115
Aren't /pol/ and /mlp/ allied boards or something? I've heard they are,so maybe /pol/ needs to regroup in there.
>>
>>562113
trust us /mlp/ We are not fucking with you, we have our own god damn battle to win. We can lend help when possible but its not today.

>>562157
Most boards are friends with each other, Pollocks and Robots fucking hate each other though for some reason.
>>
>>562115

Yeah...no we arent doing that.

False flag don't believe it came from us.
>>
>>562113
>Raiding /mlp/
Oh anon, you are so crazy.
Remember what happened last time? (Sampson option, September 24-27 2014 RIP)
Raiding /mlp/ is like pouring hot sauce on acid.
Our autism is just too fucked up for the nazi wanna bees.
>>
>>562157
I have trouble thinking anyone wants to be friends with /pol/ these days since it has attracted so many outsiders to this place that don't share our hobbies, culture, or ideals.
The /pol/ of today and the /pol/ of even something as recent as the Zimmerman trial are hugely different.
>>
>>562166
That's because of all the fucking influx of assholes from other boards or reddit and other stupid fucking spots.
>>
>>561794
Kill yourself, you fucking newfag
>>
>>561809
A
FUCKING
LEAF
>>
>>562189
delete /pol/
>>
>>562191
Kill yourself first
>>
>>562191
DELET THIS
>>
>>561454
So, you're from 8gag but don't feel it's a safe space for you anymore after Jim fed cuckwheels to the pigs? Here are some alternative sites on which you can make your own boards where d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ shills are not allowed:

https://8ch.pl/
https://16chan.nl/
https://endchan.xyz/
https://www.reddit.com/
>>
File: jjjj.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
jjjj.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>562194
there IS sliding happening.
>>
>>562197
>posts on /pol/
>sideways picture
>3.76 MB
>3264x2448
>taking a picture of your monitor
>general retardation
>complains about sliding
checks out
>>
>>562197
Funny tabs meme is evolving!
>>
>>562166
I've gone through the trouble of making a thread there,it's here >>>/mlp/27654327
>>
>>562197
nigger, snipping tool, you use it?
/pol/ did get worse in the last months, and there are some bots around. which doesnt mean that "quality content" doesnt get replies anymore.
>>
>>562201
And it's pruned now.Fucking fagtard mods.
>>
We're still having issues currently. The shilling is not slowing down
>>
>>561454
dumb frogposter
>>
>>561756
This shitpost was a inside job.
>>
The fuck is sliding
I can't keep up with this slang
>>
It's still going on
>>
File: spam.png (588 KB, 780x739) Image search: [Google]
spam.png
588 KB, 780x739
How to spot spam threads
>less than 5 lines
>no links, no stories
>one line prompts such as "(x) is trying to take your guns" or "should (x) do (stupid thing)?"
>no additional input from OP
>less than 10-20 replies unless people take the bait

Examples:
>>>/pol/77365505
>>>/pol/77365784
>>>/pol/77367148
>>>/pol/77365925
>>>/pol/77360902
>>
>>562395
that's not sliding, that's just plain old shitposting.

i do that a lot on /pol/ because it's funny and it's easy (you)s.
>>
>>562396
>hundreds in a couple hours is everyday shitposting
>>
>>562403
/pol/ is just /b/2.0 so it's not surprising.
>>
>>562403
make a thread on /pol/, /b/, and /v/.

time how long it takes for each thread to 404 with 0 replies.

200 in 1 hour is really not a surprising amount.
>>
this really is getting annoying. not to mention every post in that thread is just people replying to the OP and they all say the same thing.
>>
>>561919
4plebs is kill so no archiving where you can search and show how often its happening
>>
>>561916
Does this mean interracial cuckolding, trump, and lel niggers threads are identical threads as well?
>>
There is no sliding. The majority of people on /pol/ are simply not imageboard-savvy. They don't use sage when they reply to threads they don't want on the front page, or when they do they announce it which starts a shitfest that bumps the thread dozens of times. They don't condense their threads. They don't filter posts containing obvious bait words like "cumskin" or "stormfag" (not only that but they reply to posts containing those words). They don't consider the quality of posts to be important to the community so they spout memes like a bunch of cringeworthy Chanology activists. And so on.
>>
>>561916
>The most worrying part... THEY ARE NOT BEING ARCHIVED ON 4PLEBS .
Wow, it's as if it's not actually happening, and you're fucking insane.
>>
Why are the users of /pol/ such fucking crybabbies?
>>
File: 1455428372131.png (211 KB, 503x446) Image search: [Google]
1455428372131.png
211 KB, 503x446
>This entire thread

I can't wait for Trump to lose. The shitstorm will be unlike any we've ever seen.
>>
Sliding issues still persist. You cannot even have good threads because of shills spamming shitposting threads. Mods are not cleaning them up
>>
i love /pol/ now

wew lad
>>
>>562435
Maybe because we don't want shitposters who keep sliding threads that have logical discussions in them.

But what would a liberal know anyway?
>>
>>562488
Not a liberal. I don't even give a fuck about your political horseshit. I just want /pol/ to fucking die. It's not worth saving.
>>
>>562396
If it's in a thread it's shitposting. If it's *the* thread, it's sliding
>>
>>562488
>threads that have logical discussions in them.
That has not happened once on /pol/. Don't think too highly of your shitty board. This is what you deserve.
>>
File: 7nFWCj8.jpg (168 KB, 972x1296) Image search: [Google]
7nFWCj8.jpg
168 KB, 972x1296
/pol/ is basically one big advertisement for blacked with occasional news discussion whenever a national tragedy occurs. I don't know how you guys can complain about 'sliding' when /pol/'s been a shitposter's paradise for the entirety of its lifetime.
>>
>>562488
Do you really think it's more likely that there's a concentrated effort to remove discussion rather than one of the meme-obsessed boards reaping the crop it has been sowing for years?
I remember having some pretty serious discussion on /pol/ a few years ago, and "slides" were a JIDF conspiracy because they were infrequent.
Today /pol/ is just so fucking busy and fast that the "sliding" is permanent because it fulfills the role of /b/ today.
>>
This is serious bullshit. Mods are not deleting the shill and shitposting threads at all

We need to get Hiro involved and now
>>
>>562531
>bawwwww my safe space, mods please help!
/pol/ posters are truly pathetic
>>
>>562488
>logical discussions in them.
"FUCKING NIGGERS AND SJWS" and "CAN'T STUMP TRUMP XD" is not what constitutes 'logical discussion'
>>
>>562440
Same, it's going to be fucking glorious to see the butthurt.
>>
>>562548
Fuck off, I bet you're from /v/ and you enjoy all those shitposting threads
>>
>>562556
You're right. I love making a barely-political thread in /pol/ and watching all the NEETs get upset and cry "shill!"

Even better when it's a thread that points out something uncomfortable for /pol/tards like
>>>/pol/77403174

I wish I could get paid to shitpost in /pol/ like all you schizophrenic chucklefucks are claiming
>>
Mods come on do something about this already
>>
File: GXNE3Z2.gif (1 KB, 86x25) Image search: [Google]
GXNE3Z2.gif
1 KB, 86x25
>>562571
>Mods come on do something about this already
>>
I browse /pol/ every now and then, and yes.

The same threads are being made over and over and over.

The first posts are always by only one IP and then they never post again.
>>
File: pol 4chan.jpg (40 KB, 453x450) Image search: [Google]
pol 4chan.jpg
40 KB, 453x450
>this thread
>>
>>562488
>logical discussions in them.
A politics board on 4chan shouldn't be filled with that in the first place. A politics board on 4chan should be in a constant 100% satire mode.
>>
So 4chan really is a SJW leftist heaven now? lol.
>>
>>561454
it's x-treme freedom of speech you stupid cuckold
>>
We *also* need to do something about the ">1 post by this ID" posts. I don't care if they're shitposting or falseflagging, it's another shitpost that must go.
>>
This thread has been up for two days, and yet nothing's been done. Why is that?
>>
>>562790
Because "sliding" is just /pol/cucks being /pol/cucks.
>>
File: 1420592183402.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1420592183402.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>562791
>>
>/pol/ wanting mods to ban threads
BUT WHAT ABOUT FREE SPEECH
>>
>>562101
/pol/ has never been a part of the site anymore than a cancerous cyst is part of a person. It has basically functioned as a trap containment for newfags after /new/ failed, as the only sort of retards who come to 4chan for discussing politics and other bullshit normalfaggotry are outsiders.

>>562183
Go back to your mainstream shithole of choice. You are no anon and never will be.
>>
>>562038
Yep, /pol/ is seen a major influx and has become the official website septic tank. You don't want to see shitposting and trolling? Try again buddy, because that's what /pol/ is: nothing but garbage and garbage delux.
>>
>>562488
>threads that have logical discussions
You super special hugbox threads aren't going to magically 404 just because more threads are being made, as long as people are actually posting in them.
>>
>>562691
>The first posts are always by only one IP and then they never post again.
That's not against any rule but meta shitposting is.
>>
>>562403
Sounds like you haven't been to /a/ or /v/ for a while. Popular interest boards have been like this more or less since the aftermath of eternal september 2, electric boogaloo. It's not spam, that is merely how normalfags and autists communicate online. That is, they have no fucking clue how to strike up discussion and not a lot to say, but they came here under the poor assumption that they would find a sense of belonging. Instead they acted like the illegal immigrants have been behaving throughout western Europe and took over the place, replacing the jocularity with the extremes of either mass collectivism or outward aggression.

/pol/tards happen to be a mixture of the two least able to assimilate groups: delusional conspiracy spergs and the normalfags who don't really give a shit about anything but their hip and edgy stupidly polarising pop-politics and they treat /pol/ and 4chan in general like a faceboo,k you don't have to make an account for but still go page to page/board to board posting as though responses are like invisible thumbs up.
>>
>>562803
>>562809
>>562811
>>562815
>>562817
>>562818
ULTIMATE SAMEFAGGING
>>
>>562825
Is it really that hard for your /pol/erina mind to understand that other people legitimately and honestly don't eat the horse shit that comes out of that shithole? I've only made one post and the rest are other anons.

t. sage.
>>
>>562818
The same autists endlessly posting the same exact shit is in fact a form of spam.
>>
>>562832
Really makes you think.
>>
>>561805
>>561799
If you are for real, then you are a fucking hack, you have not done your job well

I've had a lot of discussions on /pol/ about politics, which is a subject i have interest in. Of course i don't shitpost on Trump General or Nigger Hate or "Jews control the planet" threads, thats for the newfags to waste time getting endleslly baited, they are obvious click-bait material. But when i want to talk to anons who care about what i do, i go there, make a thread with a non-bait OP, and magically there is not a single shitpost, everyone posts educately and we have nice and cozy threads full of links and coherenly written answers with not one "i hate niggers" post.

The problem is that you are a self-important asshole who thinks he is above all other anons, there's a lot of idiots like you who think that they can post smugly and everyone will just RUN to prove him wrong.

No, you are just gonna attract social predators that will try to break your sense of superiority in some way

That happens in literally every board
>>
>>562038
>>562043
No, the nat-soc idiots hit a nerve with the "coincidence detector" addon
>>
>>561498
Why would you think that? Consider the likely motivations of whoever is doing it in the first place? They're more likely to just aim their shit at wherever the /pol/ discussion moves on 4chan.

>>562396
No. It's flooding/tool assisted shitposting.

>>562818
The sudden increase isn't organic growth anon.
>>
>>562818
>>562815
>>562811
>>562809
>>562422

For fuck's sake, if you took the time to go visit it, you would see the catalogue is divided in three parts when you order by response number

In layer one you got the Trump Generals, Happening threads, Nigger/Muslim Hate, India-poo, Bait-of-the-day, and other assorted bullshit

In layer two you have discussion and linking about actual political science discussion and historical events, no identitarian politics, also quite a bit of nat-soc shilling but at least its of the "all ethnicities allowed" type.

This threads usually have between 10 and 20 anons in them that keep them alive through out the day because given that most users don't give a fuck about anything but baits, they would dissappear fairly quickly

In layer three you have stupid baits that don't even bait the retards of layer one

The ones that get fucked by this sliding/shilling/whatever going on are the ones in layer two, the "vitriolic hate" threads are still up and filled with the usual circle-jerking posts, the only thing missing is the actual content cause threads are being created so quickly that you can't keep good ones alive
>>
>>561454
>>>/x/
>>
I feel like trolling /pol/, what's the easiest effort thread without downloading blacked.com porn?
>>
>>562879
Depends on the time of the day
If its American time then post Trump vs Hillary poll statistics, if its European post sth about refugees raping white women or brexit being a horrible idea

You get extra points if you have an Indian or Turkish proxy
>>
File: Shill overload.png (4 MB, 4968x2020) Image search: [Google]
Shill overload.png
4 MB, 4968x2020
>this has gone from 78 to 90 in an hour

who the fuck is this new janitor?
>>
also have seen multiple people get banned for racism

on /pol/

do the mods not realize this cancer will spread all over the fucking place if /pol/ gets fucked?

its literally always been a containment board
>>
>>562879
Have an Australian flag.
>>
File: Shillbot.jpg (744 KB, 3052x2818) Image search: [Google]
Shillbot.jpg
744 KB, 3052x2818
>>
File: 1459658174458.jpg (26 KB, 658x649) Image search: [Google]
1459658174458.jpg
26 KB, 658x649
>>562886
what

the

shit
>>
>>562888
Cancer is something you remove surgically, not sit around and hope goes away.
>>
>>562896
Do you seriously think you can remove racism from internet?
Are you aware it cannot be done? People will always find new way to insult each other
>>
It stopped again, just like yesterday, same time-frame
>>
File: muzzies.png (196 KB, 888x3285) Image search: [Google]
muzzies.png
196 KB, 888x3285
>>562896

If the mods seriously think they can ban bantz they better be ready for /b/ to become /pol/ 2.0. Hundreds of thousands of daily /b/tards just waiting to be primed with /pol/'s infographic starter-pack.
>>
>>562903
It should be jettisoned from the website so the trash that resides there will no longer have an excuse to traipse around like they're God's gift to 4chan. I could not give a flying fuck about "the Internet."

>>562906
Do it, faggot.
>>
>>562769
Hell no
>>
>>562886
What a lazy fuck. Why did he even sign up?
>>
Things did get better last night, but the shills are changing their tactics. We need the DO IT FOR FREE'S to actually do their jobs
>>
File: wsdasda.png (3 MB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
wsdasda.png
3 MB, 1365x1024
would be nice to actually see a mod post on /pol/
>>
>Nu/pol/ invites reddit onto their board by "colonizing" reddit with "The_Donald"
>/pol/ ends up getting "colonized" by reddit

>>H-HELP MODS HELP WE'RE BEING SLID
>>
File: pol is reddit.jpg (772 KB, 2200x2639) Image search: [Google]
pol is reddit.jpg
772 KB, 2200x2639
>>563094
it really is like pottery
>>
Mods come on obvious shitposting threads are not being deleted despite massive reports
>>
>>563156
how would you know how many reports are being made?
>>
File: hotline meme.png (54 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
hotline meme.png
54 KB, 500x506
>>563156
>shitposting threads on /pol/
How can you tell?
>>
>>563094
/pol/ is the antithesis of everything 4chan used to be, it's not a wonder redditors flock to it.
>>
Just delete shitty low-quality threads and ban people who are raiding the board. The trolls are gonna have to try very harder to look more convincing but then their life must be sad that they'd go at such lenghts to shit up a board.
>>
>>563171
What 4chan really used to be? Seriously wondering
>>
>>563171
>/pol/ is the antithesis of everything 4chan used to be

4chan used to be full of humorless sand-in-vagina libtards praising political correctness and quality discussion?

Delete /qa/ plox.
>>
>>563171
>>563184
>>563185
Really makes you drink, doesn't it...
>>
File: niger.png (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
niger.png
8 KB, 300x300
evrybody upvote this redpilled artwork or your gay
>>
>>563185
4chan used to irreverent and would fuck with anyone for the lulz regardless of political ideology

/pol/ fellates and worships a hairpiece-wearing billionaire like some faggoty self-help cult

Do you really think 2003-2007 4chan would actively do free campaign work for a ultra-rich reality TV star? lel /pol/cucks are being used and they don't even realize it
>>
File: too_much_salt_360.jpg (172 KB, 360x265) Image search: [Google]
too_much_salt_360.jpg
172 KB, 360x265
>>563193
we're messing with regressive lefties now, I guess you're one of them.
>>
>>563193
dude that shit is epic as dicks, haven't you seen the front page of r/4chan lately? hella fuckin epic
>>
>>563197
>>563199
hello trumpcucks, have you visited /r/le_donald for your daily dose of trump dicksucking? faggots
>>
File: le meme jew.jpg (74 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
le meme jew.jpg
74 KB, 501x585
>>563197
>too_much_salt_360.jpg
>(172 KB, 360x265)
>360
Coincidence?
>>
>>563200
Your tears are my lube.
>>
They are still fucking at it and the mods are doing nothing.

>>>/pol/77509439
>>>/pol/77517257
>>>/pol/77521789
>>>/pol/77504412
>>>/pol/77517348

This is unfucking acceptable right now. These are shitposting threads that are sliding legitimate threads off the board. The shills are constantly doing this every single day and they are not slowing down. Mods, for fucks sake delete threads that are being reported already
>>
>>563222
well triple'd, lad
>>
>>563222
lol mad

Your Fortune: Good news will come to you by mail
>>
Mods are literally autosaging threads discussing about the constant shilling. They know exactly what is going on and they don't give a fuck at all.

Its time to fucking get Hiro involved
>>
>>563226
butthurt reddit fag
>>
>>563197
>Regressive left
>Literally anyone who isn't an alt-right fascist.

/pol/ is legitimately just Stormfronts youth wing. Everyone knows it, every single fucking discussion on that board right now is political campaigning bullshit for far-right groups or production of actual far-right propaganda.

>LEL LEL WE ARE SO EDGY ITS ALL JUST LAUGHS!

"We're all just acting retarded as we actively get 4chan mentioned on fox news and Briebart as a recruiting ground and we do AMA's with fuckheads like Milo!"

/pol/ is still the worst thing that has ever happened to 4chan.
>>
>>563229
Sup reddit shill?
>>
>>563230
No excuse for constant shitposting on our board just because we trigger you. The mods are doing nothing, and now we have to get Hiro involved in all of this to get them to do their jobs
>>
>>563230
>le /pol/ is stormfront maymay

/pol/ is anyone but the regressive left, fuckboi. Go back to SRS.
>>
When there is no more room in hell, the memes will walk the Earth
>>
>>563233
Why are you so offended by free speech?
>>
File: srs.png (5 KB, 953x148) Image search: [Google]
srs.png
5 KB, 953x148
SRS is going on a full anti-Trump campaign on 4chan now, that's why the shilling has intensified in the last couple days. They were doing it before but now they're focusing all their efforts on it.

They're also obviously in this thread too with the common memes about "durrr old 4chan would've never liked Trump" and "anyone to the right of Stalin is Stormfront".
>>
File: reddit-upvote.png (7 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
reddit-upvote.png
7 KB, 300x250
>>563247
>>
>>563247
We can't let these fucks win. We're not letting them ruin our board
>>
>we need to call the cops because people disagree with me
hugbox faggots get out of 4chan
>>
>>563252
fuck off SRS
>>
>>563253
get stuffed r/memes
>>
>>563247
I'm not going to say you're wrong or disagree with you, but you can't deny that /pol/ also sort of helped this along with "colonizing reddit" through "The_Donald".

I fucking TOLD them about reddit
>>
>>563255
Reddit is a red-pill as fuck website dude, you just have to stay away from the main areas. I seriously doubt you could be a true redpill hero and not have a reddit account.
>>
>>563256
Nice Try Reddit
>>
>>563257
fuck off /a/
everyone except retards and nerds is on reddit
>>
>>563246
Not if it's the same copypasta over and over again for the sake of starting a flamewar. Spamming, flooding, trolling, etc. is normally against the rules.
>>
>>563259
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>563256
Is this copypasta or bait?

>>563258
Its bait, I guess
>>
>>563255

Fuck off SRS. You started coming here years before Donald Trump was even a thing. People had to deal with your raids on every board even though most people here didn't go to lebbit.
>>
>>563267
fuckin' loled
>>
Still no fucking Hiro or mods cleaning up /pol/
>>
>>563270
They uphold this website's core values of liberty.
>>
File: 1427572980473.jpg (430 KB, 714x1074) Image search: [Google]
1427572980473.jpg
430 KB, 714x1074
>>563271
>4chan isn't about FREEZE PEACHES, moot has every right to delete /pol/ and any wrongthink he doesn't like!
>People are free to shitpost and spam every board with garbage to make it unusable, that's just liberty and freedom!

Pick one and only one, SRS.
>>
>>563274
Why did you use the quote function if your post doesn't actually include a quote?
>>
>>563270
>bawwwwww why aren't the mods sanitizing my safe space?
kek
>>
>>563274
I would pick the first if I could, but the current owner of 4chan doesn't give a shit about the cancer /pol/ inflicts on 4chan as long as it rakes in the views.

Latter-era moot might have, but he was too much of a battered cuck to actually do anything about it.
>>
If catalog limit is bigger,
it's solved?
>>
>>563453
Oh, hello.

To note: I'm not the same poster as the OP.

The problem isn't that the catalog space is too small. The problem is that too many threads are highly off-topic.

'Sliding' is the act of burying a good thread in a pile of bad threads. The catalog being bigger is welcome, but the bad threads are still drowning out the good threads.

This can really only be solved through stricter enforcement of thread quality by someone who is versed in how /pol/ operates.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
>>
>>563453
The issue is the mods not deleting the threads being reported. But a bigger catalog would help as well Hiro
>>
>>563453
Also we what >>563455 said Hiro. A bigger catalog would help, but we need much stricter enforcement of the rules and mods who will delete threads that are being reported as well. Mods have not been doing this
>>
File: o65no.jpg (23 KB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
o65no.jpg
23 KB, 300x259
>>563453
Hi hiro, check this photo.
>>
File: IMG_1912sls[1].jpg (101 KB, 730x515) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1912sls[1].jpg
101 KB, 730x515
>>563453
Hiroyuki,
Why did you choose this image for the front page? What did you mean by this?
>>
>>563453
>(((hiroyuki)))
>>
>>563455
Adding onto this. I think a small demonstration of what is considered 'highly off-topic' may be in order.

For instance:

This is a thread talking about NATO troop movement in Eastern Europe over the past few days. This is /pol/ related.
>>>/pol/77553224

This next thread is someone talking about their hairy face. This is not /pol/ related. This belongs in /b/.
>>>/pol/77551884

This is someone posting a screencap from a late-night comedy show. This is not /pol/ related, it belongs in /tv/.
>>>/pol/77554533

This last one is someone punctuating a completely banal thread about sports with racial slurs. Somehow, this poster thinks the racial slurs make it /pol/ related. This belongs in /sp/ and not in /pol/.
>>>/pol/77541023

One of the thing to note, is that the majority of threads which are primarily poor quality have only one post from the first poster. As in said poster immediately abandoned the thread or changed his IP to not get banned for his poor-quality thread. This is a poor trend which needs curbing.
>>
>>563466
You want >>>/news/.
Politics is #3.
>>
>>563466
Again what this anon is saying Hiro. Get the mods to do their jobs and enforce the rules. God forbid make a closed sticky thread reinforcing the rules.

Expanding the catalog would help as well
>>
>>563453
Please don't leave again
>>
>>563453
How much would you sell the site for?
>>
>>563453
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/77326135/#77332333

Hiro /r9k/ is believed to be behing the raiding going on. Read and see
>>
>>563453
Why are you so jewish?
>>563474
Why are you so goy?
>>
>>563453
Hiro yes try to expand it and get the mods to reinforce the rules and delete reported threads
>>
>>563222
>sliding
Newest forced meme or what?
>>
>>563453
Nothing will sate their appetite as long as they label any discussion they don't want as sliding
>>
>>563453
No. It's just a few faggots like OP spamming /qa/ and /pol/ because it's not like reddit enough. Permaban them and be done with it.
>>
>>563453
https://boards.4chan.org/trash/#bottom

hiro furries have taken over /trash/

You said you would keep that from happening
>>
>>563455
>/pol/
>good threads
I'm a man who likes his /pol/ but come on now, son
>>
>>563453
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>563453
See >>562422
This describes the real problem plaguing /pol/ and most of the large boards.
>>
>>563453
I would love for the catalog to be bigger on all boards.
I was not around for early /b/, but I've heard it had around 80 pages? I feel like having maybe 50 pages on all boards instead of just 11 would be wonderful.
>>
>>563453
Yes.
We need a bigger catalog limit.
>>
>>563453
There isn't a problem besides autists making a problem out of nothing and making the assumption that people making threads they don't like are some sort of problem. Stop listening to /qa/ go fucking ask /pol/ themselves. No one here is looking to help the site, only make little hugboxes for themselves. A lot of complaints coming from people taking everything to bloody seriously.
>>
>>562422
>They don't condense their threads
There has never been any reason for this except to be polite and even then its debatable. It shouldn't be enforced in any form.
>>
>>563601
Condensing threads doesn't mean making an eternal general.
>>
>>563602
It also doesn't mean forcing something into a single thread only. But sadly, people lately exist only on extremes. Condensing your threads has always been just posting etiquette, not something enforced. It's also important to remember threads don't have topics, only a conversation. Thus making the point moot anyway because what is in the OP is irrelevant to what the thread is unless you are making a general sweep thread. Every thread will take the point in different angles.
>>
>>563453
No.
It would be nice but there is no need for it.
>>
File: spee wins 0-0.jpg (314 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
spee wins 0-0.jpg
314 KB, 600x650
>>563453
Stop giving them even more space. MODERATE the fucking board and stop them from spreading themself to other boards. People who come here to discuss thing they love are legit tired of /pol/kids storming into every thread to talk about sjws, skin colour and how great hitler was.
>>
Yes Hiro, double the catalog size on /pol/. I'm sure giving spastics a larger toilet to shit in would stop them from instead opting to smear their own shit all over the walls.

>>563610
Who won the last fifa cup?
>>
File: white3.jpg (115 KB, 1039x1300) Image search: [Google]
white3.jpg
115 KB, 1039x1300
>>563453
>>
>>563453
Mods what do their job would be nice
>>
File: 52343465.png (258 KB, 395x619) Image search: [Google]
52343465.png
258 KB, 395x619
>>563501
>>563600

>implying no one on /qa/ can be from /pol/
>>
>>563453
Increase manpower (more mods and janitors)
Ban more people and delete more shitposts
Increase the bump limit for threads to 400 or 500
>>
Why does /pol/ cause so much ass pain?
>>
The mods do delete a lot of threads on /pol/; it's not like they're ignoring it.
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/type/op/start/2016-06-15/end/2016-06-16/
But /pol/ gets new threads pretty fast.
>>
>>563453
Hiro, what is your home board?
>>
>>563453
Hiro, here's an idea that I have. Most of the posts causing problems on /pol/ have one thing in common: an OP who only posts once, to kick off the thread. They then abandon the thread and go start another one, relying on people baited into replying to keep it alive.

What I propose is making a VERY PUBLIC announcement in /pol/ that any thread not replied to by its OP at least once within 45 minutes of its posting will have its subject field changed to a different color, for example bright red.

This form of solution will, at the very least, force these "one-post OPs" to check up on their threads and generate content themselves. If they don't, anyone browsing the catalog can easily see the slide threads and avoid them while going to the meaningful content.

In addition, if the color change could be done automatically, it would make the job of moderation slightly easier by pointing out to the mods the most delete-worthy threads.

I'd recommend implementing this for maybe three weeks and seeing where it goes, then taking a consensus of /pol/ on whether this has helped them avoid bait threads.
>>
>>563664
I really like this idea. Hope it can be implemented.
>>
>>563664
Also, if an OP does end up replying after his thread has been marked with red, the red signifier can be taken off. It's just to warn other posters that this thread is more likely to be intended to distract from other, more meaningful threads on the site.
>>
>>563664
>then taking a consensus of /pol/ on whether this has helped them avoid bait threads.
Are you retarded? Your flashy colours isn't going to do that and in-fact, it'll cause the opposite. How the fuck does flashy colours help educate people on what is shitposting and bait and not? The problem is idiots who don't know how to tell and refuse to learn and people who know but do it anyway such as fishposters.

Your idea is stupid and sounds like something intended for 12 year olds.
>>
>>563670
>Your flashy colours isn't going to do that
Are YOU retarded? This literally, very publicly singles out the threads that have 1-post OPs.
>and in-fact, it'll cause the opposite.
How? As a result of the >"VERY PUBLIC announcement" I mentioned earlier, everyone ought to know what the color means. A sticky explaining it, or even a message at the top of the board, would even better relay the color's meaning.
>How the fuck does flashy colours help educate people on what is shitposting and bait and not?
By marking the threads that are more likely to be shitposting and bait with a different color than the rest, letting them more easily tell which threads they are.
>The problem is idiots who don't know how to tell and refuse to learn
And, by marking shitposting/bait threads with a different color, it makes it easier for these idiots to tell and learn the difference.
>and people who know but do it anyway such as fishposters.
And it penalizes these people who start threads they have no interest in and then abandon them for another one, by pointing out their shitposting/bait threads to the public.

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote or something.
>>
>>563677
>fisking
Post disregarded.

4chan is for 18+, not twelve year olds. Your idea won't fix anything. It's just a bunch of fancy colours and will only make the problem worse in all honesty. Come back when you learn how to argue without fucking fisking.
>>
>>561469

Realy maeks u think.............
>>
File: 1412022893141.jpg (74 KB, 866x960) Image search: [Google]
1412022893141.jpg
74 KB, 866x960
>>561454
>It's sliding when it's not my agenda
>>
>>563466
>This last one is someone punctuating a completely banal thread about sports with racial slurs. Somehow, this poster thinks the racial slurs make it /pol/ related. This belongs in /sp/ and not in /pol/.

>implying talking about race isn't related to politics
>implying politics in sports isn't a valid subject
>muh racial slurs :(

>>>/reddit/

Fuck off. Slide threads and spam are an issue, but half your examples aren't even that bad. Stop trying to turn this site into Reddit.
>>
>>563453
>>563458
To bring this discussion to other boards as well, please also understand that on other boards, moderators and janitors are being TOO strict and deleteing creative threads that aren't off-topic. The issue isn't completely that the moderation team isn't being strict enough, but rather than they aren't acting intelligently.
>>
>>563678
>friskyboy
Opinion discarded.
>>
Its getting fucking worse.
There are easily a dozen slide threads and general cancer within the first couple pages alone that are bumping off on topic and quality threads.

Something needs to be done already. Hell if anything make me a janitor or mod and I'll clean /pol/ up if nobody else will.
>>
>mods are so lazy and apathetic they cannot even delete /pol/, the absolute worst board,i f they wanted to because they are so afraid of userbase backlash and having to deal with userbase backlash
What a shame. It's actually funny in a fucked up and sad way.
>>
>>563744
Maybe it's because a few mods actually browse /pol/ themselves sometimes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.