[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 595x842
Carousels on carousels on carousels edition
Old thread on autosage >>8973912

CoF thread >>8977444
Ita thread >>8977735
Online comms >>8952850
Local comms >>8960803
Coord help >>8972319
Draw thread >>8975852
BST thread >>8962104
Taobao >>8973651
Aliexpress >>8968046
Bodyline >>8951549
Mail thread >>8934331
Dream dresses >>8971669
Meetups >>8954831
Price check >>8966108
Meltia (lolita idol group) >>8963049
Dreamy kawaii husbando Yan-senpai >>8976400
>>
>>8979908
This is really cute cuts but I just don't care for the print so much. If they had done this to Holy Theater then it would have worked better
>>
>>8979898
>>8979895
Can I ask what SS youre using for this? I was planning to buy it directly from AP but this would be my first time attempting to buy new burando.

Do you think the SS youre using is much better than attempting to buy directly?
>>
>>8979908
This is the most excited I've gotten over a print since Whip Collection! AP seems to be slowly reverting back to the style we know and love.
>>
>>8979921
Same here, it's been months since I was excited for an AP release. The cuts or prints for most of this year has been so mediocre. Whereas in 2014 and 15, I felt like I snapped up every other release.
>>
>>8979920
I use Chibi Tenshi. She's usually pretty good at securing things granted you send in her SS request form asap.

>Do you think the SS youre using is much better than attempting to buy directly?
In cases when the print will be really popular, which I'm predicting this one will be, yes.
Although some people with really good internet connections and who have a lot of experience with bloodbath releases would probably have no problems with trying to get one online.

I can tell you that I personally have only ever managed to get popular items from AP Japan through MTOs (duh), or by luck of them restocking. I'm usually not quick enough otherwise.
I won't even bother with AP USA. Their website frustrates the hell out of me, even with their new 'ticket' system. Plus with them you're paying a markup and pricey shipping.
>>
>>8979908
I live Carnival/Circus/Carousel prints, but not like these. I want more prints like Star Night Theater and Fantasy Theater.
>>
>>8979908
Went to AP to check out Eternal Carnival today and asked some questions, here's what I found out.

There is only what is shown on the website at the moment. More accessories and stuff will be released after.

The fabric is cotton and is textured and thick, nice quality.

The print is gorgeous and so detailed but has no gold leaf or sparkles.

Ivory and purple are the colors that people have showed most interest in so will be quickest to go.

The colors are more muted than in the online graphics, but not as muted as Holy Theater.
>>
>>8979934
Sorry to keep bothering you, but im attempting to put in a request with chibi tenshi now and im at where she wants links to the items.

Is there any way to find this? All I can find is is the little picture saying eternal carnival starts on friday :/
>>
>>8979946
>no sparkles
While I wasn't expecting any I now wish this were a glitter print, sparkly carousels would be so kawaii
>>
>>8979954
Just give her the link and tell her which items from the picture you want, and in what colorways. Also you can ask her to let you know where you are in line.
It's late where she is so she might not reply until tomorrow, so don't panic.
>>
>>8979960
Thanks for helping this newbie out anon.

I sent in a request so now I feel a little better.

Im vying for that regular JSK in either sax or pink
>>
>>8979946
Ivory and lavender will be the most popular? Interesting. I can see ivory, but lavender tends to be the last color to go for most releases. Just curious, did you ask at AP in SF or at a JP store?
>>
>>8979946
>>8979971
Diff anon but here's my power ranking
sax>lav>ivory>pink
Pink will definitely be the least popular as it's the most washed out. Ivory does the same weird thing where the colors all blend together, but I can see people wanting it if they don't want a full pastel dress.
Lav and sax will definitely be most popular.
>>
I don't get why people need to shit up Lolita Update threads saying "meh" and nothing else
>>
>>8979989
That person you're referencing doesn't even look like she wears sweet anyway. She looks like the type of old fuddy that probably spams the whole "sweet is for ageplayers!" shit.
>>
>>8979998
I'm more surprised that some gulls wear sweet. I always see gothic and classic dresses in B/S/T and dream dress threads. I always feel like I don't fit in here even though I don't have many places to talk about lolita, so I keep coming here anyway.
>>
Is it just me or does it seem like sales have been superrrrrr slow lately? Especially on LM
>>
>>8980010
I love sweet and its what got me into lolita in the first place, but for me sweet has a special time and place that gothic and classic doesnt.

Like I wear classic lolita almost daily and I dont feel I could do the same with sweet. Sweet is for special occasions. So I end up having a lot more classic dream dresses than sweet.
>>
>>8980018
They are for me as well. I sell small things like rings and socks occasionally but larger items like dresses are not moving.
>>
>>8979971
JP store, I live in Japan.
>>
>>8980010
I started out goth because I thought I had to wear darks because of my weight. When I got over my insecurities I started to wear sweet because I realized that's what actually interested me (carousels, ponies, frills, unicorns, gems, etc.). I have a couple classic prints, but sometimes I just want to feel like a pastel magical girl.
>>
>>8980018
It's because everything is overpriced and because the world economy sucks right now, hardly anyone outside of the USA can afford the USD prices.
>>
File: ID help.jpg (17 KB, 337x599) Image search: [Google]
ID help.jpg
17 KB, 337x599
Can anyone please help me ID this dress? All i know is that its by innocent world.
>>
>>8980018
Mine were slow the past month, then all of a sudden I sold three dresses in the past week. I'm so happy, I had accumulated way too many for the small amount of space I have. Plus I have to move soon and will have even less room. I hate selling things, but I really need to be more reasonable with my lifestyle
>>
>>8980010
I wear mostly sweet. I don't really feel myself in classic or gothic. While I like them and wear them on occasion, I feel more natural in sweet. Lolita is a hobby for me and if I'm not enjoying it to it's fullest, why even bother?
>>
>>8980018
It's a generally slow time everywhere, including retail.
At least in the US, people have spent their tax returns awhile ago. It'll probably pick up a bit in the summer.
>>
>>8979989
That or 'I don't like it' or 'I don't wear this'

Then this post isn't for you bitch, move along and let the rest of us enjoy it
>>
>>8980067
>tfw haven't received my tax return yet and won't for weeks bc bf fucked it up
Never let someone else file your taxes people, even if they claim they know what they're doing.
>>
>>8980071
I can't believe you were stupid enough to let someone who's not even remotely close to being a professional do that to begin with.
>>
>>8980073
Yeah, it's my bad really. I let him do it because he was familiar with this website he uses and he said he'd take care of it no problem for me.
I was sitting right across from him when he did it, yet apparently he skipped the entire health coverage form without question. Which turned out to be problematic as I was on my parent's insurance for half a year before being covered by my new job. Basically the IRS sent me a request for forms. However the good news is my federal return increased by $300 because of it.
No idea when I will get my money though.

Sage for OT.
>>
>>8980078
Aside from all the problems that came from it, it's a bad idea to let someone like that see your SSN. Yes, you are dating now, but things like that don't always work out. All the personal information that had to go in to file your taxes shouldn't really be shared with another person unless they are a spouse and it impacts their taxes as well or they are a professional you are in a contract with. I sincerely hope nothing bad comes of it, but I wanted to let you know that you shouldn't ever share information like that unless absolutely necessary!
>>
>>8980081
Noted.
>>
>>8980073
This is relevant because I have a shitton of return money and just bought two dream dresses because of that

You can file your own, just get the statute books and forms from your local library. Google up any term that is not defined and unclear, I found them all on the IRS website. I even missed a credit and the IRS sent me a letter to get it, this has never happened when I used an accountant and she never claimed that credit even though I could've gotten it
>>
>>8980095
Yes, I do my own all the time. I am saying it was stupid of anon to let someone who is not herself or a professional which she enters into a contract with file her taxes.

There is so much personal information that goes into it, if you aren't married and need to exchange information to file taxes it is beyond stupid to let a random person even if you know them do it.
>>
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but I need some advice. Pic not related.

A friend of mine has known about lolita for many years, and likes my outfits. She knows that I go to meet ups or just out with my lolita friends. She has expressed a little interest in wearing it herself. The problem is that she is very awkward, and weeby, has almost no money to spend on this, and I just know she will be going down the ita path. She was asking me to come to meet ups with us, and thought that just wearing a cute skater dress, or a mini hat she got at a con would be appropriate. It was very rough to turn her down. I don't want to be an elitist bitch, and I really like my friend, but how do I guide her better while she will say things like "but I can't afford a dress" and "I want to hang out with you and other lolitas". I even invited her to swap meets, and a local festival where there are a lot of lolitas. I just don't want to take her to nice meets. I can't lend her anything besides maybe accessories, because she won't fit into my stuff.

Also she does have a few GLB, and I sent her guides but I think she just doesn't get it.
>>
>>8980099
It really depends on the person who anon is dating, some people have more integrity than others. Even married couples have been known to divorce and shit on each other's lives using stolen information.
>>
>>8980103
Yes, but it should be common knowledge not to give out your personal information like that if not necessary. I don't doubt some people are more trustworthy than others, but why would you take that gamble and put unnecessary stress on the relationship like that if it's easily completely avoidable? Use your head.

Would you rather take a chance you could be wrong on, or do the smart thing and not put yourself at risk for something bad happening later on?
>>
>>8980101
Sometimes you just have to let friends make their own mistakes. I know it sucks to feel like you tried your best guiding her only for her to teeter on going ita. But, she could always improve. It wouldn't be fair to assume she never would and exclude her from being exposed to people who know what they're doing.
You don't have to invite her personally to nicer meetups. You can make an excuse like it was invite-only. She can test out lolita on simpler meetups like picnics and festivals in the meantime.
>>
>>8980112
He's been living with me for two years, knowing each other's information just naturally happens when you're in close proximity with somebody and do a lot of financial things together.
I'm not worried anon, but I can see your point if I were dating a true scumbag.
>>
>>8980117
I just want you to be careful with things like that anon, this isn't coming from me just wanting to be a bitch. There are people who don't know the risks, they've never been informed of them and need to be alerted. If I see a situation where I think someone hasn't been informed on the risks of giving out personal information, I want to make sure the person has an understanding of what could happen.

I'm glad that you feel you can trust him, and I hope your faith in that is correct.
>>
>>8980120
Anon, I already know about not giving out my SSN to random strangers. I know about the consequences if a criminal got ahold of it and decided to use it to their advantage. My live-in boyfriend isn't a stranger or someone who I mistrust. I know his too.
Trust me, it's fine. I'm just mad that he fucked up a bit. There's no need to talk down to me.
>>
>>8980101
Can she maybe start off with bodyline? I mean thats pretty damn cheap at least.

Or encourage her to save up for one "special" dress maybe, so she can have one dress that will let her meet with people.

Does she sew at all? if so maybe you can help her combine these interests into making her own stuff?
>>
>>8980101

Just ask if you can dress her up, buy her her first outfit, and have her pay your back or something
>>
>>8979920
Ngl, youre probably sol if you start looking for a SS right now. Most of them have their spots filled by the time a teaser is released
>>
>>8980146
No sense in not trying at least. At the very worst I guess I just wait for APUSA to come out with it and try again, right?

Maybe ill get lucky anyway and my color and dress option will be one of the not so popular choices and ill just buy it directly online with a forwarder.
>>
>>8980101
Sometimes you need to just let some people be; either she'll get better on her own or she might not, but if you know you're in a situation where you can't be honest or she just doesn't follow, then you kinda need to just let her work things out on her own. You can try to push her in the right direction, and there's nothing wrong with setting your foot down on comm rules - for example, you need to be dressed in lolita to go to certain meets. If she doesn't have the money, then perhaps show her bodyline - BL secondhand should be plenty affordable.
>>
Does anyone know why the leftover dreamy jewel OPs at APusa are on sale but not the tights?
>>
>>8980129
Seconding the Bodyline recommendation! If you're worried she'll pick an ita dress, you could always just get her babby's first outfit for her birthday or some other holiday to circumvent that.
>>
>>8980053
It's called British Styled JSK http://lolibrary.org/apparel/british-styled-jsk Kinda looks like an underbust salopette considering how short it is.
>>
>>8980163
That's cute but I hope anon is short so it doesn't look terrible. Didn't even realize IW made things that short
>>
>>8980101
If shes being really stubborn about it, let her have her ita phase. She will either research the fashion more or lose interest.

I think the best suggestion would be to get 1 or 2 OPs cheap on y!ja, wear plain solid tights, and plain maryjane shoes.Thats probably the cheapest route you might be able to do for $150.
>>
>>8980163
damn thats short as FUUCK, thank you anon for saving me

>>8980188
5'4", nope nope nope
>>
>>8980101
If you know her well enough and trust her to be careful, why not dress her up in your clothes? Show her the light. This way she is guaranteed not to embarrass you at meets (with her appearance). Do her makeup and hair, go all out. Make a big deal out of the quality of the fabric, the fineness of the lace, and the beauty of the print she's wearing, and how she can't get this stuff anywhere else. Nip these ita tendencies in the bud before they start, and maybe your comm will even have a new member.
>>
What do you do when people ask how much your dresses cost? I lied and gave half of the price I actually paid.
>>
>>8980235
I tell the truth because I'm not a liar, and I don't give a fuck about how people think I should spend the money that I earned.
>>
>>8980235
I usually laugh and say "way more than one should ever spend on one dress"

I dont mind people knowing I spent a lot, but I usually dont give a number unless its another lolita asking
>>
>>8980231
I'm an idiot and I just re-read your post. Whoops. Okay, so maybe don't lend her your dresses. Definitely point her toward bodyline or offer to split shipping on a purchase from closetchild or wunderwelt if you won't get screwed by customs (EMS is fantastic and reliable if you're in the US and she's bound to find something in her price range--great for stocking up on essentials too). Still, I suggest going the ultra nice route if you can stand it. Help her make sense of sizing and pick out pieces that will flatter her body. Honestly depending on her size and tastes I could hook her up with a couple of basic pieces for cheap. It's hard to hold itas' hands all the time, but honestly some of 'em just need a little direction.
>>
>>8980235
I tend to get asked this when someone wants to buy an item from me and at swap meets. I think it's very rude so they can try to lowball me.
>>
>>8980235
>What do you do when people ask how much your dresses cost?
I'm honest and tell them the price and where I got it from, western versus japanese market.
I don't see the point in lying. For one I don't care if they're judgmental of me like >>8980237 anon said, and secondly, they'll get it in their heads that the dress isn't worth what I actually paid for making them more whiny and my product harder to sell at a later time.
>>
>>8980237
Same. People become less rude when I tell them my outfit is $1000+.
>>
>>8980235
I generally avoid the subject by playing up the fact that I buy a lot of my dresses secondhand, which makes them sound cheaper.
>>
>>8980243
Don't they know they can just look up the retail price? That is really bad form
>>
>>8980243
>rude to ask for a price on something you're interested in buying
Did I misunderstand something?
>>
>>8980033
The USD is still fairy low though, granted not as bad as the yen but quite a few europoor currencies are beating it.
Agreeing with you that people are overpricing their shit like crazy though.
>>
>>8980255
Yeah, what she's saying is people want to know what she paid (rather than the actual retail price) so they can offer a lower price....
>>
>>8980255
Not that anon but I think they're asking how much she paid to compare it with how much she's charging.
>>
>>8980255
They ask for the original price I paid, as >>8980276 mentioned. I pay retail for most releases since I prefer to buy them new, and there are some things I've purchased second-hand that are a lot higher or lower than retail. I find it rude to ask what *I* spent on it. When I sell things, I price it at what I paid and sometimes a bit less. I just hate broke lowballers offering $100 for a brand new release.
>>
>>8980278
That's really not unreasonable, though. If I suspected that someone was charging 100 for something they got for 50, I'd ask, too.
>>
>>8980243
>lowballing
Well, can you accuse someone of lowballing after they actually try to lowball you instead of assuming people are out to be greedy shits just because they ask a price? Sheesh.
>>
>>8980289
Same goes with hounding people for a price they paid. How about you don't assume people are out to scalp you instead of looking to make back what they paid?

Don't like the price? Don't buy it. If nobody else buys it, they'll lower it soon enough.
>>
>>8980370
>Don't like the price? Don't buy it. If nobody else buys it, they'll lower it soon enough.
Not from the looks of LM
>>
>>8980374
This is too true. I've been eyeing an item on LM for about a month. In the desired colorways the seller is selling it for double the market price. The listing keeps expiring and she keeps reposting it for the same price, regardless of the fact that other colorways of the same item are listed and have same colorways been sold for half her price. Just lower it already and take my money.
>>
>>8980370
I don't understand how asking the price of something is necessarily hounding or rude in a fashion that's dominated by money.
>>
>>8979989

It always strikes me as special snowflaky, when everyone else is gushing over a print so you want to be the unique one who doesn't like it.

And that fine to have a different opinion, I didn't like Holy Lantern during its hype, but I never posted in the threads talking about how much I didn't like it, or making snarky remarks. Those people always strike me as buzzkills.
>>
>>8980386
There are virtually no consequences for sellers who aren't trying to make money. I don't understand how all of these people just leave their extravagant, unworn clothes just laying around. I try to sell things as quickly as I can, but apparently this isn't a priority for other sellers. They're contributing to the cesspool that is LM right now which makes it way harder to find things, especially since you can't search by price from low to high.
>>
>>8980417
>can't search by price from low to high

My process:
>click search by price
>have a small stroke and heartbreak from seeing the highest priced item
>click endlessly to get to the very last page while cursing Lacemarket's broken price search
>get to lowest priced items and not give a shit anymore
>save a bunch of money by not impulse buying cheap lolita all the time
>>
>>8980010
>gulls don't like sweet
>half a lolita general is always dominated by AP release comments, whether positive or negative
I actually think it's the opposite from what you see. There's definitely a good following of gothic and classic here, but I feel like sweet has dominated lolita for some time now and it shows everywhere, including here.
>>
>>8980101
Having itas is just a fact of life for any large/growing comm. They'll learn. If not, at least they may offer some fun company.

If you're REALLY concerned, say that there is a dress code for certain events. And tell her that she should show you the outfit beforehand to make sure it's up to code. I mean, hopefully your comm members will be cool with this-if they don't care as much as you, it'll be really awkward to explain that there was no dress code-but that's one way around it.

For starters, I think the Souffle Song lucky pack is just an amazing deal for starters: http://www.soufflesong.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=226

If she doesn't like that, seconding Japanese auctions or Taobao shops. Have her get a nice OP for $60 including fees and shipping (maybe like this https://item.taobao.com/item.html?id=530643056905 if she wants to use an SS, or this http://www.glitzywonderland.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=218_223&product_id=2575 if she wants to keep it simple since you don't even need t calculate shipping with glitzywonderland), let her borrow a petticoat, she buys $2 simple headbow and cheapo matching tights, get some nice shoes from Payless, then bam. Won't be a revolutionary coord but she'll look decent.

It's never been more affordable to wear lolita, and if she can afford to attend cons, she can afford a decent piece.
>>
>>8980462
Is the lucky pack likely to produce a coherent coord? How do they usually work out?
>>
>>8980386
>>8980374
Message them and make an offer, holy shit. They can't read your mind, they may already be taking a loss from what they paid. It never hurts anything to ask, the worst they can say is no
>>
>>8980506
I sadly already did. They never replied even though I said I'd be willing to haggle. It's forever an expire and relisting cycle with them.
>>
(didn't realize the last thread was dying, oops.)
>CT on vacation
>TP / Accio Tokyo not accepting auction bids
>backup SS can't bid on auctions atm either
>dream dress is up for auction
>worried about using non-personal SS proxies and having my bids cancelled
halp? what do?
>>
File: prieredespoir.jpg (140 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
prieredespoir.jpg
140 KB, 480x640
Dumb question: can I count on pic related to go on sale? I love it, but I think I'm the only one. Should I just buy it now or hold out for a better price?
>>
>>8980520
Holy shit. That's ridiculous. I don't list things unless I really want them gone, within reason. I can't imagine holding onto things forever, I already have no room in my closet
>>
>>8980584
>I can't imagine holding onto things forever, I already have no room in my closet
diff but i don't understand this kind of mentality about closet space. you all know some people have more than one closet or storage options in their houses, right? for some people storage space really isn't an issue, they can hold onto things forever or at least until they finally sell if they want with no issue
>mfw we have four closets and extra space where that came from
i agree if someone messages about haggling they should at least respond though, what the hell.
>>
>>8980520
That shit boils my blood... though it's probably not as bad as the assholes who have been relisting on Y!JA and Mbok since I got into this fashion in 2012.
>>
>>8980149
Anon, I have a friend in Japan who may be able to be an SS for you if you don't manage to secure a spot with Chibi Tenshi. Email me if you need to.
>>
>>8980621
Thanks so much! Ill probably hear back from CT tomorrow so I will definitely save your email if she cant do it :)

Ill put my email up to just so you can know who it is thats emailing you.
>>
>>8980595
Person you responded to and I actually broke the bar in one of my closets from overloading and had to replace it, I have three closets to myself, plus part of two more, plus a chest full of off season stuff, and storage boxes. Buying more racks would be so stupid and ridiculous
>>
>>8980629
dang anon, how huge is your wardrobe??
>>
>>8980289
They have lowballed in most of my past instances, that's the issue. $20 for brand new Baby blouses with tags attached, $100 for Misty Sky are just a few examples
>>
>>8980632
>$100 for Misty Sky
diff, but top fucking kek
i feel you anon
>>
>>8980399
Why does asking someone what they paid for an item relevant when they're trying to sell it? I only discuss prices with friends, especially if I found a good deal.
>>
>>8980583

I haven't checked the site, but the stores in Japan during my trip always had a few spares. It didn't seem like a popular release (I honestly think it's really messy), so I'd personally hold out for the price to fall.
>>
>>8980639
What's wrong with you being honest about it unless you're nervous about being judged about selling it for higher than retail? I don't see why you would care, if they're not gonna buy it they're not gonna.
>>
>>8980243
just say you "pretty much" bought it at around the same price you're selling it for. they can't exactly say you're wrong.
>>
>>8980101
Toss her something like an iffy lucky pack piece you don't want or just pieces you own and want to get rid of, but have no demand secondhand. If she has any understanding of brand, she should be absolutely starry eyed about it and you'll relieve your closet of something you don't want.
I save some of my lucky pack and oddment pack items just for occasions like that. I'd rather the unfortunate itas in my community wear at least one brand piece than look like weebs in replicas or Bodyline or those pure thrift store lolitas. You'll look like a saint and a mentor while helping yourself.
>>
>>8980642
diff but
>underestimating noobs
>>
>>8980642
It's common courtesy not to discuss personal money matters with strangers. Also the retail price is public knowledge. They have no business asking.
>>
>>8980647
>>8980101
Oops, didn't see the part where you said she can't fit lolita. How about you tell her that? I know it's hard, but just tell her lolita isn't really that easy for people who don't fit that lolita "free size" range. I've discouraged some potential itas with that alone. If she insists, and you still want to help, you need to intervene or just be honest with her. Does she even know the concept of ita? I think this is where a lot of mentors need to point out examples. You've shown her how to do it right, but you may need to show her what's "wrong".
>>
Would anyone know if AP's golden week sale is in-store or will it be for the online store as well?
>>
>>8980659
To add to that, without knowing just how big this friend is, let her know that cheaper indie brands have custom sizing so as to maybe discourage her from buying replicas.

Also im a fatty-chan myself (for now)and I can even fit into AP JSKs! Some of their busts go up to 110cm!

Unless shes really truly large she can probably find a couple brand dresses she will fit, but either way you said she cant afford it so id still go with some bodyline if she can find any that will accommodate or just speak up the awesomeness that is custom sizing indie/off brands
>>
>>8980641
Thanks! All the colorways are still in stock for this cut, so I think I'm safe. I'll wait.
>>
>>8980101

Have her work out her finances so she can figure out how much she can spend on lolita. Tell her to start a collection of photos of lolita outfits she really loves as well.

Working out her finances will show whether lolita is doable for her, it'll also tell you how long it will take for her to get together an outfit. For her it might be a wakeup call that its more expensive than she thought.

Her photos of outfits will tell you which way her tastes trend, If she's more into anime stuff, time to gently break it to her that she's not really interested in real lolita. She might be better off doing anime lolita cosplays for cons, or just wearing regular jfash, or something.

If she's got a decent lolita board going, you'll be able to point out things like how her minihat is lacking details and elegance from her own favorite photos. It'll have more impact than if you're just dissing the hat without any reference. You'll also be able to see which brands/dresses she'll like, if you get far along enough that she's found her finances and is ready to commit, you can use the board to pick dresses that are cheap and easy to find, then start building coords/wardrobe.

Hopefully along the way you find out the real reason she wants to join. Right now, it sounds like she only wants to hang out with girls on weekends, she may be better off looking for another club to join, maybe something you're both interested in so she doesn't feel abandoned. You may have to gently point out to her that it's silly to pretend to like a fashion she doesn't really like, throw money on dresses she's not really into, for the sake of attending meetups where everybody will be talking about dresses that she doesn't care about. She may need it spelled out -- lolita isn't some kind of princess girlfriends club, it's for those who are interested in a very specific style of dress.

Then, after that, if she still decides to get in while being an ita, step back and let her make her own mistakes.
>>
>>8980631
My lolita wardrobe is small because of the space issue. 30 main pieces, 10 blouses, somewhere around 10 cardigans and boleros. I have a ton of coats and work clothes/ suits, uniforms for my other job, other j-fash, and the vast majority is a lot of western designer stuff (I was into /fa/ stuff for years up until I discovered lolita). I have trouble sticking to things and can't bear to part with some of it. Wish I had just committed to lolita years ago, i get way more enjoyment out of it and it's so much more comfortable than the other designer stuff
>>
>>8980475

The blind luckypacks, no. Blind luckypacks are a way to get rid of excess stock that nobody bought even at sale, so even the ones that promise a coord are usually off in some way or another. It's a good way to get bargains and pad your wardrobe, or if you just like surprises.

The year end ones where the brands make a specific print or dress for a special set, and publish the photos of exactly what is in it, will be the ones that contain a coherent coord. It's pretty cheap, both in terms of price (the coord is usually the price of a regular release jsk), and in term of quality (the trim and fabric is usually lower end than regular releases), so they make decent beginner lolita outfits, provided you fit into their sizes.
>>
>>8980431
>>8980417
pro tip if you go to the 2nd page of the search results you can input the desired page into the address bar. should be something like page/2/bullshit_longassURL
You can use that to easily skip to the cheap end and just go through the pages backwards
>>
>>8980701
Honestly I could probably figure out how to return the queried results in reverse. I'd rather be buttmad about bad selling practices and a shit site, though. Saves me money in the long run.
>>
I wish I could know the measurements for the eternal carnival JSKs before I commit to buying one :/ I cant find that info anywhere if it is posted somewhere
>>
>>8980732
Looks like full back shirring, so it should be roughly equivalent to any AP JSK that came out this year that also has full back shirring (within 1-2 cm). I'd only be really worried if you're right on the edge of being able to wear full shirring.
>>
>>8980741
Im trying to tell what the back of the regular JSK looks like since thats the one I want, but im not sure if thats full back shirring or only partial, looks like partial to me.

The peplum one looks full though but im not really a fan of its cut. I can wear most of AP's shirred JSKs but it really just seems to depend.

I guess at the worst if I buy it and its just a few inches off I can use it as fuel to become less fattychan
>>
>>8980747
However the more I look at AP and this picture if the regular JSK is only partially shirred it doesnt have the corset lacing that the other partially shirred ones all seem to have.

So hopefully its full shirred
>>
Country. Coords. Fucking. When.
>>
>>8980755
??
>>
File: lotv.jpg (169 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
lotv.jpg
169 KB, 960x960
Did anyone else put in a pre order for Lily of the Valley's Forest of the Unicorn print back in November?
Besides this picture she posted in February, and the email she sent in March telling everyone she was sick, I'm a little salty that it's been half a year and she's yet to announce a deadline for when she'll have these dresses completed...
And she's definitely been doing individual commissions as well as personal projects on the side, so.
>>
>>8980781

Well fuck I really wanted it when she released it but didn't have the money.

I hope you get it at some point. I know she's one person and all but she knew herself what she is getting into.
>>
Has anyone modified JetJ from a size2 to size1? Do you feel it didn't majorly affect pattern of the JSK?
>>
What times does closetchild update?
>>
What are some of the most popular pieces or prints from Juliette et Justine? Also, do they do rereleases often or even at all?
>>
>>8980683
Wow, is 30 main pieces considered small? I guess if you wear it daily or almost everyday, but that still feels like a decent sized wardrobe to me.
>>
>>8981137
Sunday, Wed, Fri
>>
>>8981200
Thankyou! I thought it was Saturday and Wednesday for some reason. Do they update at a specific time do you know or just a random time throughout the day?
>>
>>8981209

Ignore that other anon. The current schedule is 6.15pm JST Thursday and Sunday, though you'll want to start checking at 5pm as items go up before the newsletter is sent.

The old days were Wednesday and Saturday.
>>
>>8981118
I had some of my JetJ pieces altered a size smaller by a professional seamstress. It was always a hassle.

Making the waist significantly smaller would fuck up the silhouette of the skirt, so some fabric around the waist had to be removed. In order to do so they had to remove the skirt part from the top part and also re-made the pleats afterwards. The dresses were also too big around the bust and in order to alter that they had to remove the zipper, remove the extra fabric and resew everything again. From another dress a part of the lace collar had to be removed and re-sewn because the removal of fabric from the top part led to bulky excess fabric on the lace collar. Also, the waist usually sits a bit lower on my altered dresses (but that's actually good for me since I'm a tallfag, and the waist usually sits too high on me). So a lot of changes have to be made if you want to make your dress a whole size smaller and preserve its silhouette. The dresses which I had altered were also all simpler cuts. I guess that with elaborate dresses with lots of layers and such it would be even more difficult to get the silhouette right afterwards.
>>
Hey gulls, I sent a package last week, US to Denmark so international. I sent it as registered mail. The girl I sent it to said the tracking number hasn't updated on the USPS website and that on the Denmark website it says it can't find it in their system. I just checked myself, both the registered mail tracking number and the customs number (the L one that's on customs forms) and on the USPS website it says "tracking unavailable for this product for Denmark".

What gives? Either way I think I'm gonna just give her a refund for the registered mail portion of the shipping but I just wanna know why tracking is apparently unavailable? Is it a registered mail thing?
>>
>>8981241
i don't think registered mail is tracked, whatever number you have might just be a reference number, and the customs number is just for custom's use, it doesn't help track anything either.
>>
Risa Nakamura looks so uncomfortable in the latest photoshots. Guessing she does not like Lolita
>>
>>8981248
I've tracked things using the customs number before thought it isn't guaranteed and only works in certain countries, but either way I thought registered mail had tracking - when I was shipping something once before the person at the post office said if I wanted tracking I had to send it registered, and when I was purchasing the postage for this package I asked if registered mail had tracking they said yes... plus I was under the impression that some of the things I've received via international mail were registered (and I can track those numbers just fine)
>>
File: image.png (145 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
145 KB, 750x1334
>>8981248
I just looked it up to make sure and yeah, it says it's trackable...

is the service down or something?
>>
>>8981279
http://www.postdanmark.dk/en/tracktrace/Pages/track-and-trace.aspx

Sometimes the tracking won't start before the package is inside the country
>>
>>8980781
Hi. All of the jumperskirts have been shipped and noticed of the shipping sent to the customers. The skirts are being finished and I hope to have them completed by the end of this week. I'm not sure how to address your particular issue and I'm not sure which order is yours.

I am with you on not being pleased about the timeline with this release which is why I plan on looking into small factory production for future lines. It's proven to not be easily feasible for me to do this sort of production by myself in a way that is fair to my customers and not huge amounts of tension for me.

Again I apologize for the slow "rolling" out of the orders but they will be all done and to the customers.
>>
>>8981284
Oh okay, thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to getting mine in the mail!
>>
File: 1453608470314.gif (484 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453608470314.gif
484 KB, 500x375
>Some dumb bitch is trying to resell Cinema Doll for 900$
>Not even a full set

And yet some people still think we don't need a rerelease...
>>
>>8981300
I was going to post this in the WTF Sales thread, haha.

Was it really unpopular in the Asian market/s?
>>
Can anyone recommend places to buy shoes in Europe? I've had so much bad luck with lolita shoes and if the shop is based in Europe at least I don't have to pay taxes and I can return them..
>>
>>8981230
Thank you anon for this. I was considering getting Robe du Chapelle in a size 2 and tailoring it down as I normally wear a size 1, and it runs large anyway. Perhaps I'll just wait it out.
>>
>>8981251
That's kind of hilarious. She's always come off as normie to me even by J-fashion standards (larme-kei is as normie as it gets anyway).
>>
>>8981241
Just because it's trackable, doesn't mean that everyone would actually scan the thing or that country doesn't accept it.

It's kinda dumb for you to refund something that you can't control. It's not like you paid for tracking separately
>>
File: operator lolita 1.jpg (150 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
operator lolita 1.jpg
150 KB, 599x900
Why isn't there more Operator Lolita styles? Hasn't /k/ influenced Japan enough yet?
>>
>>8981380
because it's ugly and unappealing to lolita's?
>>
>>8981385
For you.
I love military lolita myself.
>>
>>8979908
Sorry for the newfag question, but are there any proxies that deal with long term pre-orders? The dress I want releases in late October but pre-orders end in May.
>>
>>8981387
Military is fine, OP is hideous.
>>
>>8981326
Not really, it goes for around 350-600$ depending on cut and colourway on Y!A and mbok and the one listing I've seen on 2.taobao was ~500$. Still, 900$ is crazy.

Some anons just like to shit on the idea of Cinema Doll getting a rerelease or even an MTO, for whatever reason.
>>
>>8981336
vintage shops
>>
>>8981390
I got Y!A to buy me a purse and shoes on preorder before. Just send them an e-mail asking if they can do it first.
>>
>>8981420
>Says Y!A, means Japonica

M-maybe I should go to sleep...
>>
>>8981356
Technically I sort of did, though - with USPS first class mail there is no tracking, and if you want that you have to get it registered which, price wise at least, is seen as an add-on to the initial first class postage.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens - I've personally received packages that were sent as registered mail and never had a problem and according to USPS that service is supposed to work fine with the country, plus rarely have I ever had a package with tracking that never got scanned. From the information USPS says when I try to track it I guess that system is just down or not available for some reason? I'm hoping it works in Denmark at least, otherwise I don't know why they would let me purchase a service that isn't working. (Probably because USPS hates us all)
>>
>>8981420
>>8981422
Thank you anon, I've sent them an email.
Give yourself a good night's rest.
>>
>>8981380
why am I looking at a picture of some trees and wood?
>>
>>8981483
Because treelita
>>
>>8981282
that wouldn't stop it from showing on USPS site though.

>>8981279
>>8981446
I'd just wait, maybe someone forgot to scan it. if it doesn't show up at all in like a month, fill in a search form and if you feel like you have a good heart, refund tracking.

>>8981380
military is my favourite substyle but that dress is awful
>>
>>8981483
Yeah, I can't see anything lolita related here.
>>
I'm curious anons, has there ever been a trend specific to your comm? Or, has a particular print/item ever been unusually popular?

A few years ago almost everyone in my comm, myself included, owned a pair of those see-through glitter melissa heels. I can't think of a single meet where two or more people didn't wear them at a time.

There was also another period of time where almost everyone had the exact same parasol/umbrella.
>>
File: 490897-6188-2015-10-16720638.jpg (133 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
490897-6188-2015-10-16720638.jpg
133 KB, 500x600
Ok kind of an embarrassing question. I recently got my first pair of AP OTKs, the stretchy metrial kind. I am terrified of wearing them because the material seems like my feet will sweat in them and then the OTKs will become all gross. So..

1) how do I prevent sweating and ruining and discoloration of lolita socks/ tights and

2) how do I clean them afterwards? My regular tights always shrink and get a crappy texture after machine washing.

This is the reason I always avoided the new kinds of brand OTKs and all tights.. its much easier to clean the socks.
>>
>>8981648
I feel like after the Baby store opened the NYC comm became more heavily dominated by that brand. I can't think of anything else very comm specific though.
>>
>>8981401
>Some anons just like to shit on the idea of Cinema Doll getting a rerelease or even an MTO, for whatever reason.
maybe because of those ~350 Cinema Dolls in other colorways that still pop up frequently?
one rare colorway/cut does not a rerelease make ffs
>the last black jsk went for 300 on LM
>even the last lavender jsks on LM sold for 550 + ship and a large set for 600 + ship which is hardly rerelease worthy, just hard to find
>one $900 scalper does not mean it is worth $900 unless it is bought, just wait for it to come up for less
>>
>>8981763
350 is only for the OP in pink. 375 is for ivory. JSKs go for 400 at the very least, in China the black JSK is ~500 and the last lavender set sold went for more than 600. It doesn't come up for sale much, not nearly enough to satisfy the demand for it. AP should do a rerelease with a new colour replacing the unpopular pink colourway, they'd print themselves money.
>>
>>8981835
So long as they don't try to resell that shit after fucking in it, I don't care.
>>
File: Not This shit Again.jpg (49 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Not This shit Again.jpg
49 KB, 400x225
>>8981835
Please don't derail the thread with pauper's bait.
>>8981648
Those BTTSB socks. You know the ones.
>>
>>8981648
my comm ADORES nameless poem, so much so that there was a nameless poem specific group order a while back
>>
>>8981711
1. Wear them only as long as you're out, and no longer. Consider a lighter option on warm days.
2. If you want to machine wash, put them in a lingerie bag and wash in cold water. DO NOT put them in the dryer, EVER. This is how you get the pilled texture. To be super safe, you can hand wash them. Always lay flat to dry.
>>
>>8981850
seconding this
if HL wasn't a big enough cash cow cinema doll is the next one.
>>
>>8981850
>"350 is only for the OP in pink"
>ignoring the black jsk that went for 300
>ignoring other jsks/colorways that have gone for 300 outside of LM
>"in China" when us western buyers aren't even in China
>"it doesn't come up for sale much" except when it does and people ignore it or don't see it
>>
>>8981380
Because it's fucking hideous.
>>
>>8981890
... You do realize the Chinese market is what determines what will and will not get rereleases, right?
>>
>>8981896
(citation needed)
>>
So I left a long time ago, but I still stalk/follow the comm out of a secret desire to have the ability to wear lolita. Just not in the cards for me, so I'm living vicariously through y'all.

When did Twinkle Journey deflate so much? It was around 450/500 when I bought and then sold it, and from what I just saw, it's like... 250 now?
>>
>>8981912

It got re-released bruh.
>>
>>8981896
>>8981905
don't dresses have to be rare in both China AND the western market, more likely if they're rare across all cuts/colorways, to get rereleases? otherwise, wouldn't they risk the rereleases not selling out?
>looking at you, Shadow Dream Carnival
>>
>>8981912
Re-released in a lucky pack last summer.

Problem with twinkle journey, is that people weren't willing to part with theirs. Impossible to find the headbow for.

Lucky pack version has some new color variations. Although not quite as nice as the original.

I sold mine and ended up getting the lucky pack because fml if I'm ever going to find the headbow and the bodice cut I actually wanted.
>>
I swear I'm not trolling... but what would be the best dress to show a normie what lolita looks like? like if you were explaining to someone in person about how you do a lot of online shopping, what would you show them when they asked you what you buy?
>>
>>8982152
Mary Magdalene stuff probably, since it's beautiful yet normal enough.
>>
>>8982152
Official pics from Innocent World where models are wearing solid pieces are your best bet. Stuff with prints are popular in lolita fashion, but they are not the defining factor in what makes an outfit lolita; it's really the silhouette, and with well-made solids a normie will see both the silhouette and the craftsmanship needed to achieve it. Classic also seems to evoke more familiarity to Westerners, thanks to films like Mary Poppins.
>>
>>8982183
>>8982159
Thanks! I was thinking of something along those lines. I want something I can just always remember to type in and show it to them real fast so they don't have a chance to ask anymore questions about it.
>>
>>8982152
I'd say Victorian Maiden. It looks plain but more mature than some brands. I showed IW to my mom initially and I thought it'd be safe, but she said it looked like little girl clothes. Some Juliette et Justine looks more mature and almost normie as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 450x450
>>8981648
Pic related became popular in our comm when it was for sale for super cheap.
>>
>>8981648
A lot of girls in my comm jumped onto the Holy Lantern MTO a while back. They're planning a meetup soon. I kinda want to go, even if I didn't get HL myself. They're opening it up goth/sweet for those who didn't get HL. I kinda want to go, even if it's just to check out the hype on this dress.
>>
>>8982230
chicago?
>>
>>8981648
Boystyle. Except everyone kept saying kodona. I think there was a taobao group order recently.
>>
>>8981251

Isn't that pout her trademark look though? Like Misako's the smiley one, Midori always looks high, and the younger IW-chan looks shy.
>>
>>8981879
>>8981947

Hah. I'm still waiting for Chocolate Rosette. We're back to scalper prices now on both Japanese and Western markets (likely China as well) and AP's only response is to release special sets here and there. wtf is going on in that company? Do they hate money or something.
>>
>>8982281
They're creating scarcity to keep the hype up for their new releases and rereleases.
They're waiting for the desperation to reach Holy Lantern level so they can put out 200 MTOs and trick you into buying their Jesus Carousel prints in the meantime.
>>
>>8982281
>>8982321
on that line of thought, Romantic Rose Letter could use a rerelease more than CD, too. the lavender jsk just sold for $600 on LM in less than a few hours (one lav jsk during peak sales times last year even sold for $1k) and let us not talk about the OPs.
are there many other AP prints reaching $700 lately, though?
>>
>>8982321
>Jesus Carousel
i kek'd
>>
>>8982321
>Jesus Carousel
>>8982372

Seriously though wtf is AP doing putting crosses on every damn thing lately..
>>
>>8982241

That's actually a really cute idea, reminds me of those old Rose Toilette meetup from way back when.
>>
>>8982272
In Larme. Her pouty face doesn't hide she likes it, in Lolita she looks like she just wants to finish and go
>>
>>8982321

>Jesus Caroussel

I hate to admit this but it might actually be working because I'm considering buying tomorrow's release instead of waiting for CR or CD that will never come.
>>
>>8981711
Seconding what >>8981876 said.

I will say that all clothing eventually wears out. Clothing that goes on feet specifically wears out faster than other clothing simply because of the stress put on it by walking and sweating (as feet sweat a LOT, whether or not you realize it).

That said, enjoy your purchases! It would be more of a waste, in my opinion, to gently lay them in your closet, staring at and petting them every day like a fragile pet mouse, than to wear them and accept shit happens!
>>
Is it normal for FJ to screw up? With my last order everything arrived rather quickly but one item. Still not there after 30 days and I decide to have the rest shipped- the last item arrives a couple of hours later.

and today I was just about to pay the charge 2 payment but lo and behold two items were moved to the shipping instructions thing(and they have already arrived).

Are they trying to trick me into using their service more? I'm already a good customer
>>
>>8981711

1)Wear white tights under, if you absolutely do not want to wear them off. The OTKs will get sweat or street dirt no matter what.

2)Hand wash, cold water only

I like to wear mine at home only while I try on my dresses. The socks get worn anyway, but I get to enjoy them. Rarely I would take them out, only for a super specific event.
>>
>>8982321
>Jesus Carousel
You're absolutely right. I'm prepared for this year to be the year of our Holy Lord.
>Jesus Chocolate
>Loyal Jesus Rosette
>Marine Jesus
>Jesus Tea Party
>>
>>8982466

What was the missing item? It's rather unusual for something to take more than 30 days to get shipped within Japan, even most individual sellers don't take that long.

It's hard to say the fault is on FJ's end, though. It could be that the seller really did ship the items late, and it arrived right after you already put in for shipping.
>>
>>8982490
A short AP jacket, so not exactly something small that could get lost easily
>>
>>8982483
>Holy Chocolate
>Communion Carnival
>Milky Baptism
>Crystal Dream Prayer

I'm so done with AP ruining cute prints for me because they keep tossing crosses all over them. Then again, my wallet is recovering from near-death experiences!
>>
>>8982525
>Holy Chocolate
ngl, chocolate is pretty worthy of worship, would buy
>>
>>8981711
on 1), there's apparently some product they sell in some places that basically blocks up your sweat glands and you can use it on most places on your body. they say it stings a bit but I'd say sweating is worse. I don't know the name, I hope someone maybe recognises what I'm describing

anyone got any ideas on where to get a fast petticoat from? I'm on MLT's waitlist but there's no way in hell she'll get to me before ILD. would sew one myself but organza is a scary material.
>>
>>8981711
1) Heavy duty antiperspirant, wear thin cotton socks inside *and* outside the socks to prevent staining from your feet or the shoes
2) hand wash.
>>
>>8982572
I wouldn't recommend antiperspirants, as the aluminum used in them creates yellow staining when it bonds with your sweat. That, and your body needs to sweat, so preventing it from doing so seems unhealthy.
>>
>>8980583
I also like this print, I´m looking for ivory JSK! I´m holding out until find it cheaper second hand though, it´s doesn´t seem to be very popular.
But I found exactly the same cut and colour like in your picture on yahoo auctions:
http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m161831215
>>
>>8982247
Different anon, but I saw these being pretty popular in Chicago for a while - I guess it kind of have to do with a lot of those members being pretty into OTT classic and classic-sweet, even I have a pair (and my style is pretty basic), however, they seemed to be a little popular elsewhere.
>>
>>8982321
>Jesus Carousel

Until it was mentioned I actually didnt even see the crosses, now theyre all I can see and Im so upset.

Oh well its still cute and I already gave money to my SS
>>
>>8982230
Damn these are cute. Where are they from?
>>
>>8982677
walmart lol
>>
>>8982578
weren't antiperspirants related to breast cancer?
>>
>>8981648
It's a small comm, but at least half of us own the fanplusfriend cage petticoat.
>>
>>8982247
Actually Oklahoma City but that's funny it is popular elsewhere.
>>
>>8982722
Speaking of, how is it? Can it be a good petticoat or do you just use it as an accessory? Do you need to wear a regular petticoat on top of it or does it look good on its own? I've always wondered.
>>
>>8982745
>>8982722
Probably in the same comm. I own it and I don't find much need to wear anything over it. Most of my dresses and skirts are lined and that helps. It doesn't work with my two tea length dresses, but it's great with the shorter ones.
>>
So I recently fell in love with this dress but have no idea what it is called. Hoping you gulls might know.
>>
What would people say are the best quality shoes to suit sweet lolita? I've had two pairs of flat tea parties from Secret Shop and the sole has cracked across by the toes on each pair after about a year or so. I still have a pink pair, but my sax ones were beyond repair and had to go in the bin.

I'm not too worried about price as long as they're sturdy and reasonably comfortable. I'm pretty easy on whether or not they have heels, too. I just thought I'd ask because people have told me that SS shoes are "better than brand quality" but I'm not sure now.
>>
>>8982247
>>8982230
Texas too desu. Saw them in nearly every comm's meets.
>>
Has anyone from the US ordered from Brightlele'd Rakuten? I want just one wig, but it says "postage pending" when I go to check out. I don't want to agree to buy something only to pay $30 in shipping. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>8982760
it's La robe de la Reine pour Misako
http://lolibrary.org/apparel/la-robe-de-la-reine-pour-misako
it's was a made to order item though so good luck trying to find it
>>
>>8982782
All lolita shoes suck desu. They are all made of the same crappy materials.
>>
>>8982814
As I feared.
I'm at the stage where I'm willing to just throw 20 quid at another cheap pair, put a comfortable insole inside and get what good I can from them. I found a fine and sturdy pair of black shoes in a normie store about two years ago, but I'd never have that kind of luck for brighter sweet colours.
>>
File: 0430.jpg (251 KB, 842x595) Image search: [Google]
0430.jpg
251 KB, 842x595
Does anyone know what time the Angelic Pretty golden week special sets will be up? I know it will be up on saturday but I couldn't find anything about a specific time.
>>
>>8982708
I remember hearing that it was related to alzheimers.
>>
>>8982823
Does anyone know what these special sets look like or contain? What are the name of the two items?
>>
>>8982838
It's a mystery print right now. It's probably only going to be known when they release it. They both just say "Original Print" JSK or OP.
>>
>>8982708
>>8982827
The rumors of antiperspirants being linked to breast cancer or Alzheimer's are unfounded.

The aluminum in antiperspirants is not absorbed via the skin, as once thought, and would not lead to the seeming link between aluminum levels in the brain found in Alzheimer's sufferers.

There was also a fear that since many cases of breast cancer start in the tissues near the armpit that antiperspirant chemicals were damaging DNA in those areas. Once again, even if you nick your skin shaving, the aluminum is not absorbed and cannot do this.

Basically, the thoughts that antiperspirants could cause Alzheimer's or breast cancer were just that; thoughts. Upon more study, scientists have not found any link.
>>
File: 10802_640.jpg (61 KB, 422x614) Image search: [Google]
10802_640.jpg
61 KB, 422x614
>>8982853
maybe its their print called original print? (unlikely)
>>
>>8982982
Nah, it would stick out like a sore thumb among the stuff they've been putting out recently, but it would be kind of hilarious.
>>
>>8982272
Misako
>'smiley'
You mean creepy sausage lips.
>>
>>8982321
Holy Trinity Midnight Mass Theatre?
>>
>>8982321
Puppet. Circus. MTO. Maybe a few updated cuts and colourways.
>>
>>8983068
I want this to happen for all the tears.
>>
>>8983068
>updated cuts and colourways.
Imagine Puppet Circus in emerald green. I have tears in my eyes.
>>
>>8983076
We can dream. :(
>>
>>8983081
>emerald green
Hnghh. I hope.
>>
>>8983081
That could be spectacular. Or black with silver.
>>
>>8982818
I'm not into sweet, but I recently bought my first pair of btssb shoes (second hand and pretty used) and the quality is soooo much nicer than all my taobao shoes. The pleather is softer and looks more "real" and they are more comfortable and prettier than the taobao knock-offs. I used to say that it doesn't matter as they are all made out of pleather, but there really is a difference in quality for me. I know some people had problems with btssb shoes, so I'm not saying that all of them are sturdier and I also wouldn't pay retail for brand pleather shoes. I can't deny the difference in quality, though, and I own a lot of shoes from different taobao shops.
>>
Can someone help please, eurofag here -will enchantlic enchantilly mark packages down for customs purposes?
>>
>>8983100
That's really interesting to hear! I had a pair of Baby shoes a few years ago and they just fell apart. Which particular ones do you have?
>>
>>8982321
Listen, I'm just happy Maki and Asuka found Jesus Christ.
>>
>>8983100
Could you maybe do a comparison of the shoes from different shops? I always have bad luck with shoes, and the only ones that have been good to me are Antaina teaparties and some Bodyline shoes.
>>
>>8982782
It depends on what you want. Can you settle for something cute with white leather?

If you want some colorful shoes in shades like cotton candy pink and lavender, you're probably just better off buying cheap shoes from Antaina and Bodyline.
>>
>>8983150
wat
>>
>>8983103
Just email them, they respond pretty quickly and speak English
>>
>>8983106
>>8983191
Sure! I'm on my phone right now, though, and it's pretty late here, so I won't be able to take pictures before tomorrow evening. Just remember that I only own this one pair of brand shoes, but maybe some other gulls are willing to post some pictures, too? I think this might be really interesting!
>>
>>8983292
Make a thread for it, I'll post my brand shoes.
>>
>>8983068
>>8983081
Imagine Puppet Circus in NAVY.
Navy x Gold or Navy x Silver.
>tfw it will never happen
>>
>>8981873
Fuck them socks
>>
>>8982483
You're forgetting
>Melty Holy Party
>>
At Eternal Carnival release now waiting in line, holy crap is it gorgeous, the web pictures really don't do it justice.

I'm not usually into these type of prints but my heart has been swayed.
>>
File: 1455638367916.png (264 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1455638367916.png
264 KB, 500x531
>wearing super sweet coors out in public
>carrying around a fucking doll
>getting mad when people stare
>yelling at the 67 year old redneck because he has no shirt

Fucking daft. Would YOU wear a super sweet styled coord to a car show full of rednecks? Should have snapped a picture
>>
>>8982853
>>8982982

Whenever I see LPs advertised as "original print" it usually means it's a blind LP, meaning they'll put in a random dress that didn't sell well. The "original print" part means it's a printed dress and not one of their solid pieces.
>>
>>8983622
no newfag, the special sets that say 'original print' are usually shitty prints made just for the packs. do you even AP?
>>
>>8983627

I got Etoile Twins from one such lucky pack.
>>
>>8983596
>>wearing super sweet coors out in public
>>carrying around a fucking doll
>>getting mad when people stare
I don't understand this kind of mentality tbqh and I like ott sweet as much as the next lolita, but really
>>
>>8983627
...meaning that they are blind, which was the whole point of their post... which you completely missed.
Newfag.
>>
>>8983596
>to a car show full of rednecks?
Just to fuck with people, I would.
But yeah I wouldn't expect to be treated with respect. Hicks are disrespectful to women as it is.
>>
>>8983640
There was a local con down the way and people were walking past their cars due to parking. Old grizzled geezer said aloud "Maybe a third bomb would have kept this from happening!" And all his old buddies HYUCKED HYUCKED as high decibles
>>
>>8983645
I'm impressed he connected it to Japan desu.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.