[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hispanic brujeria bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12
sup /x/,

Hispanic reporting and I've got a question/story for you guys.

I've always grown up with my mother and grandmothers rubbing shit on me like eggs, spearming (hierbabuena), sage and other shit like that to ward off evil spirits and bad energies, or the preferred term "el ojo" (evil eye). Literally when a person sees something about you they don't like and they telepathically transfer their bad feelings onto you. They manifest themselves into a lot of different things, the most common being a headache or just a feeling of desperation/depression/etc.

I never really bought that bullshit, but apparently there's a lot of occult bullshit in beaner culture that I've been learning about little by little including witches, spells, demons and other things like that.

Any other people here who know something about this shit here? My girlfriend had a weird experience in her apartment just tonight and we just found out that one of her roommates who just moved out 2 days ago has a history of doing some of that bullshit hispanic witchcraft (brujeria).
>>
It just depends. Brujeria is witchcraft. There's the lachusa. Not sure if I spelled it right. It's the equivalent to a familiar. You've got your random monsters and shit (cucou and la llerona.

In short Mexico is full of weird shit. If you feel threatened, you may want to call someone.

If not ignore the shit. My husband sat in our car for an hour and a half because he thought the lachusa was gonna get him.

It was a styrofoam owl.
>>
Oh okay your Hispanic. So you know what I'm talking about.

Just call abuela. She will know what to do.
>>
>>17832421
Lol styrofoam owl sounds kinda spoopy>>
>>
>>17832404
Heard of that egg and eye shit but its for babies and it causes diarrhea, in my culture anyways
>>
Hey, kinda funny this is here. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I saw it on Univision. All the cops said they thought it was a flying black guy

>>17832407
>>
>>17832421
>>17832430
We had an incident tonight, I'll greentext from gfs perspective for entertainment purposes.

>be girlfriend
>get home after work
>hear roommate playing with her dog
>clearly throwing squeaky toy around and shit
>2fuckingtired4me time4bed
>dog starts crying like a bitch
>ignore and try to sleep
>dogyelpsagainstdemonicforces.wav
>go check on the dog because he sounds distressed
>dog is by itself
>lolwat you need to pee Mozart
>taking dog to piss in balcony tired as shit
>roommates door slams shut
>realize that dog had been playing with someone this whole time
>nope.m4v
>out in a jiffy, call roommate and wait outside in car with dog
>roommate gets here and all is fucking peachy
>too tired to give a fuck
>sleep

While she was in her car waiting for her roommate I called their security and they checked around and found no trace of anyone there. She called her mom and they called a family friend priest who told them to look for belongings or objects that weren't hers (like your lechusa) so they could throw them the fuck out.

Then gf and her roommate call a friend of an ex roommate who had just moved out two days ago and find out that this Cuban bitch's family is into witchcraft and shit. I tell my mother and she flips about how Cubans have extra talent points in witchcraft.

A little spooped now, anybody have similar experiences like the styrofoam owl?
>>
>>17832443
In all honesty most of that stuff is fake. They put that shit on the news so people stay interested and it ranges from fairies to gnomes to aliens to witches and everything in between.

Some are more painfully fake than others but they're probably all fake.
>>
>>17832404
when i was 2 years old my parents were in mexico car broke down, mecxicans came to help, they took us in, i kept crying nonstop. my mom found the lady rubbing eggs on me. Was always pissed at my mom for letting that crazy lady do that to me, i felt violated
>>
>>17832524
Sounds like she was helping you out there bud.
>>
>>17832424
Is abuela mexucan for Aunt Rhody?

Jokes aside, my best bud went to one of these mexican magick users/bruja people. She rubbed an egg all over him then cracked it open into a bowl and it was black (or very deep red that appeared black) and told my bud he was going to die young. He was spooked by it but shrugged it off. Then he suddenly died of heart failure 12 days later. To be frank, it was probably a coincidence but it definitely made me wonder.

Ive heard many accounts of these magicians/witches being pretty spot on, more so than other nations with similar stories.
>>
>>17832421
Reminds me of the time my younger cousin swore he saw a floating head outside the kitchen window and spent an entire night in the hallway (he had gone to the bathroom and theres only one way back to the bedrooms & it goes through the kitchen). It ended up being a flower pot we had thatwas like a ceramic quaker looking guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 443x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 443x580
This is La Santa Muerte (The Holy Death) it is a "deity" of devotion and cult in Mexico. More common on low class communities and drug dealers. Supposedly she cannot do harm, but her image appeared on several photographs of a friend during a period she had demonic possesion.

Can she be considered a familiar a demon or anything?
>>
File: Bitch hold on.jpg (64 KB, 476x695) Image search: [Google]
Bitch hold on.jpg
64 KB, 476x695
I'm an Argie, but most of latin american culture is the same in that regard.

I know that there has been times where continent-class doctors in here were stumped, and told my aunt and friends to go to a curandera/o (shamanic healer), and lo and behold, it worked perfectly.

I've seen other, kind of more... hardcore, malignant magic, like that time we took our dog to the plains just outside town so he could ran, and he wandered off and came back an hour later with a dead chicken (fully feathered and such) stuffed with black candles.

The scariest one was

>be with friends on the "monte" (section of plains with very thick, low height vegetation)
>be drinking fernet and just playing guitar, singing
>we all start to get a little tipsy
>everybody calming down
>snuggling around the fire
>totalsilence.jpg
>hear a very faint chanting in the distance
>say "I heard about this, lets check it out"
>male friends come with me, I take machete just in case
>walk something like 500-600 meters
>turn off flashlights
>light coming from inside another patch of bushy forest
>sneak up to the edge and look through the leaves
>some naked people, some people wearing togas
>togas made out of raw cow skin
>playing tag with each other around the fire
>hands full of blood, you could smell the stench
>single person calm, extremely old woman (think female gandalf)
>wearing bed covers and blankets
>standing with her back directly towards us
>hands in the crucified position
>staring straight up at the sky
>like "we could see her nose" straight up
>run like fuck almost halfway back to the camp
>almost chop own leg with machete
>tell girls what happened
>don't go to sleep until sun is out, and only in two tents

The worst part is that the girl I liked at the time made an incredibly retarded comment on the line on "We should all go and present ourselves, maybe make a few new friends!"

Pic related, my reaction
>>
Yeah.
My mom does this alot to.
My younger cousin wears a image of La Virgen de Guadalupe since "el ojo" happended once to her.
My mom also did lots of stuff with eggs and plants with me when i was younger.
>>
>>17833649
I live in Phoenix and am planning on getting a large statue of Santa Muerte for my front yard.

Keep those fuckers off my lawn.
>>
>>17833649
Mexifag here, this holy death has a lot of people that worships her, it is very popular in prisons and also it is known that figures are made by inmates using human bones, which are supposedly, the most powerful tokens.Anyway, whenever you ask something to her you are supposed to offer something, could be to build a sanctuary or just get a tattoo, it doesn't matter as long you really mean it, and if by any chance you don't fulfill your promise it will backfire and you will regret it.
It is known that this HD is really vengeful with those that don't honor what they promised.
Know you can get an idea why poor people or prisoners follow her, since they ask for huge things.
>>
>>17832786
Usually the egg is used as a cleaning process, "limpia", but specifically towards withcraft and or bad luck. This comes from prehispanic times and it is known that only a stronger witch or "brujo" can clean/remove anything done by other brujo.
People think that the yolk can catch anything that was supposed to be for the subject, but sometimes it is too late and nothing can be done or a stronger "spell" may be needed. Also the egg can give an idea of what kind of witchcraft was done, more commonly used is the one looking to fuck people's luck, and somebody that had a successfully growing business, suddenly is asking for money to have some food. Could be psychological, could be that it really works, but this shit is really common here, (mexifag here) and even people that say out loud that this is bullshit, they do this "limpia" with eggs once a year, just in fucking case. .
>>
do you have any love spells?
>>
>>17833910
Usually love spells are known as "amarres" and there are tons and each one has a different purpose, to find someone to love, to make someone you already know love you, to get the love of someone that is married/with somebody else and so on and so forth.
I don't know any but can do some research, what are you looking for?
>>
>>17833940
I want a spell to make someone I already know love me, is there anything like that?
>>
>>17833977
You must first suck off the top demon of hell. Then you must fuck off for wasting /x/'s time with your /r9k/ bullshit.
>>
File: 1461786572924.jpg (67 KB, 437x600) Image search: [Google]
1461786572924.jpg
67 KB, 437x600
>>17833977
Love spells are very powerful and dangerous. I don't recommend you do it. Remember, karma plays a big factor in spells and if you're going to force someone to fall in love with you, you better be prepared for something really bad to happen.
>>
>>17833977
The best spell for that is to lose some weight, fat boy.
>>
>>17833940
what are these amarres? do you know any?
>>
>>17834086
As >>17834025 said, this is risky specially because it involves affecting someone's will and you may suffer consequences.
The most known and powerful spells involve blood and/or urine.
If you have a picture of the person, get it into a jar with your first urine of the day, grab some brown sugar and cover it. Some variations say to dig a hole and place it there, others say just to get the jar into a black plastic bag, either way don't let sunlight get in touch with it.
If there is no photograph, write the full name of the presiĂłn in a sheet of paper and place the sugar over it, fold it and put it in the jar, same thing first urine of the day.

May or may not work for you since all the spells require faith.
There are some others involving candles and stuff, but bottom line is faith. For me balls work better, ask the person out, show your real self and if it works great, if not, move on don't let anyone own you.
>>
>>17834320
Fuck, rather than presiĂłn it is person.
Stupid auto correct.
>>
>>17832443
You have to pray underneath it. It will fall from the sky
>>
I don't know much about bean magic. But my family bought a house in ABQ once and I found this little metal charm on the edge of the roof one day. I didn't know what it was so I looked around more and found one on every side of the house, each hanging on a thin nail. They looked like old coins that were hand struck, but only on one side. They all had the same image of what looked like St Mary. I saw no reason to fuck with them so I left them be.

My brother found the one next to our above ground pool one day and he took it down despite my protest. That night the pool got ripped open, flooding our backyard, and leaking into our den which ruined the carpet. We assumed it was our rabbits because they liked to chew on things. Few weeks later I stepped on a rusty nail on that same side of the house. My brother got hurt in the same place, my dad almost cut his hand off with a skill saw building a clubhouse for us kids there. That clubhouse was there until we left. My mom hated it because every time we hung out there it seemed we got all scraped up, or started punching each other. There seemed to be a chaos element in that small area. Our rabbits got mauled to death by a cat, of course, on that same side of the house. Though I was proud of them because it they took the cat with them.

I don't know what happened to the little charm. I only realized all these connections after we moved.
>>
>>17834320
do you got any more of those, I am just curious. I am more in to other type of occult stuff but this is interesting. what kind of faith does one need to have. because in other types of magic also faith is required. do you need to believe in one specific god or how is this?
>>
>>17832404
Mexican here, don't worry is mostly bullshit and placebo effect but keep an eye for fire hazards, he will probably left some candles lit for whatever saint he wants his favor
>>
>>17833854
... I don't think is a good idea, not because it's magic but you would end with your garden covered in candles and flowers and your statue dress up in fancy clothes
>>
>>17833711
Hiya fellow Argie, the fernet part made me lol

Cuchame, donde especĂ­ficamente pado esto? En el Norte, por Jujuy? Area por Misiones? Buenos Aires? Details, mofo
>>
>>17834435
Usually is faith in the spell itself, but the brujo is the one that has a "connection" with a saint or the Holy death, even some brujos have a death, un muerto, which helps them to achieve the spell. This comes from africa and central america, regarding that I can only say that there is a "godfather" which teaches everything to the young brujo and only after getting his own death, muerto, he will be able to practice the witchcraft.
Some others are known as curanderos and they work with plants and prayers. They may even ask you to gather specific items to perform the spell, such as hair from the person you want to affect, graveyard soil, even blood or urine and only once you get them, they will do the spell.
I believe this had to do with the fact that symbols and some acts are more powerful in a subconscious level and I think it works because of the same reason the law of attraction works. Faith.
>>
>>17834523

Corrientes, gurĂ­

All hail fernet
>>
>>17832404
Spain here. This is not what we taught to you. Hispanity is about Catholicism, this is an evil practice condemned by the Holy Church. Just stay away from this and give honor to your heritage.
>>
>>17836503
>Hispanity is about Catholicism

Says who?

>this is an evil practice condemned by the Holy Church

Unlike, say, the Crusades, right? Go away.
>>
>>17836524
>Says who?
Says History. Spain was the Holy Church's spearhead, the conquer of the Americas was mainly for religious matters and the first thing the Spanish built after getting to a new place was a church and a school.
>The Crusades bullshit again
The Crusades were expeditions to protect pilgrims from Muslim attacks on their way to Jerusalem. Read some real History book, for God's sake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
>>
File: 1443906017232.png (581 KB, 592x492) Image search: [Google]
1443906017232.png
581 KB, 592x492
>>17832404

My mom was having problems with a woman who was known to practice brujeria. I kept asking her why but she never told me the story. I heard different takes of it from family though.

>be early 90's
>be 5 or 6 yrs old
>mom comes back from her trip to Mexico
>aunt, 4 sisters and myself gather in the living room to see what mom brought
>mom opens up her luggage with suspense and excitement like it was xmas
>brought candy and clothing for us. Also food for the home sick(aunt and a few relatives)
>last baggage is a duffel bag with her clothes
>we all wait in suspense for it as well
>unzips
>"smells weird mom" 1 sis says
>"maybe i spilled something during flight"
>reaches inside, removes some clothes from bag
>we all saw a severed cows tongue
>everybody freaks out

Later that night she went to a curandero for help on this. Idk exactly what he did other than placing the tongue on a white clothe but on the way back she had to throw the tongue out while the car was moving, with the specific instruction to not look back after. Also said tongue had her name carved across
>>
I don't like the idea that I hurt someone just for not liking them.
>>
Dunno about the Mexi supernatural, but I terrified a little one a couple years back on the bus before I had my hair cut. She thought I was the cucui
>>
File: 2 spooky 2.gif (873 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
2 spooky 2.gif
873 KB, 400x226
>>17832481

>hear roommate playing with her dog
>realize that dog had been playing with someone this whole time

fuck that is spooky
>>
>>17832481
>Cubans have extra talent points in witchcraft

lol
>>
>>17834401
St. Mary is the most beloved female saint in Mexico... so they put all their good intentions in it. You were smart at not touching it. Your brother wasn't.
>>
Ay no mijito este gringo llamandole bullshit a mi fuente de ingresos ps
>>
>>17834320
Something for shortening waiting time?
If there's someone out others for me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (178 KB, 1441x1429) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
178 KB, 1441x1429
>>17832404
Hispanifag here
I had to deal with this all the time and it makes for great dinner party stories
>once my aunt was sick so I had to bless her with an egg and then throw it away or something
I was probably 10 or twelve when this happened
>my mom constantly did rosaries in times of stress
>my great grandmother brushed my baby brother with branches because he wouldn't eat and he was wasting away. A few hours later he had a normal healthy appetite.
No dealings with actual brujeria because
>eso no es de dios.
>>
pasense algun buen amarre para hacer que una persona se enamore de ti paro para el barrio no sean gachos :/
>>
Quesadillas, tacos, burritos, verde salsa, pollito, See, i can do spanish to xD
>>
>>17832404
Fellow spic here. My family never never practiced any of that bullshit but our argentinian neighbors apparently did. One of their daughters has some mental retardation so they tried doing some shit with sage or some other herb to try to cure her or something. My mother is very religious so she's kinda weary of it to some degree
>>
My grandfather used to buy this weird stuff in a black bottle from some woman pretty religiously, and he'd rub it on his chest and neck after showers because he thought it kept evil spirits away after he got bit by a snake. I never understood the correlation. It wasn't even holy water or olive oil, it was some weird native plant oil. Hispanics are weird
>>
>>17832404
>I never really bought that bullshit, but apparently there's a lot of occult bullshit in beaner culture that I've been learning about little by little including witches, spells, demons and other things like that.

Thank you hispanon for confirming my observations: beaners are extremely unreliable sources and incredibly biased when it comes to the paranormal.
>>
>>17834542
I have an argie cousin that brought fernet when he came to visit, for the way he talked about it I thought it was going to be the shit, but it was just meh, so overrated imo
>>
>>17832421
Lechuza and La Llarona are pretty popular/well known where I live (south Texas)

From what I've been told Lechuzas are witches that shapeshift into large owls. I've never really cared much for this folklore stuff but one night while driving I had a strange encounter.

I was picking up my sister from one of her college classes and we were already heading back to the house. It was around 9 P.M. and there was a light drizzle. We were about 10 miles from the house when all of the sudden this huge brown bird flew right across the windshield. If I had been going any faster I would have certainly hit it. It freaked the fuck out of my sister and I was pretty startled. Of course, the first thing that came across both of our minds was "lechuza". Even if it was just an owl it was still pretty weird because I don't really see any owls where I live at all. I'm not sure what other sort of bird it could've been because it happened so fast. I do remember it being huge and having a very large wingspan.

I kept driving and around a minute after the encounter the rain had stopped. I got home and the first thing I did was google "lechuza". I came across a blogpost that basically described common experiences with lechuzas. Oddly enough a lot of people claim to see them at night while driving and that they'll just divebomb in front of their cars or fly alongside them.

Another interesting thing I read is that some people believe Lechuzas can influence or manipulate the weather. Sighting of Lechuzas are sometimes accompanied by thunderstorms and rain. Although I didn't hear any thunder when I came across that bird, there was rain and it was only raining in that specific area.

I'm pretty sure if I told anyone else this story that wasn't from Texas or Mexico they would say "It was just a fucking bird dood" and it probably might have been. I just found it to be a rather odd and startling experience due to being exposed to all the myth of the Lechuza as a child.
>>
>>17843352
I feel you, there are a lot of stories I can't tell without people thinking I'm making this shit up

For example, I once went on a trip to La Jolla Beach (near Ensenada, Baja California), with my parents, my aunt, and my grandma. There we heard about a friend of the relatives we had there. It was this negrito that was into some seriously weird shit. He was said to strike a conversation with you, and then stare directly into your eyes and tell you about your deepest secrets and aspects about you and shit. I wasn't there because that night I went to Ensenada with my parents, but one night the negrito came to where we were staying and talked with my aunt and my grandma. They wanted to talk with him because there was a spirit or a demon or some shit that was haunting my grandma's and aunt's house (it was one big house with two complexes separated by a large garden, really big and old house). Apparently, the negrito correctly guessed my aunt fucked around with a Ouija board in her childhood, which she apparently got rid of somewhere in the 1970's. He told her to go back to her house and look in the uppermost drawer of the closet in her former room (which was in my grandma's house) (she did find it there and we were absolutely terrified since she clearly remembers throwing it away). He also told her to throw away an old, large mirror that was in a hallway in her house (which apparently had some nasty shit going on since the 1950's. So bad that nobody in the house wanted to go through it and my mom once felt someone heavily breathing on her shoulder).
My grandma also talked to him and supposedly he told her the date of her death, I really don;t know much about it cause she never told anyone, and she has since passed away, but it just leaves me wondering about this guy. My mom told me through the years that one day we'll travel to Ensenada once again so I can talk to him. I really look forward to it to be honest, I'm really curious about it.
>>
>>17843369
I really do like to read on this kind of stuff, it intrigues me that my culture is so into this kind of stuff. It's also interesting considering most of the folklore surrounding Mexico has to do with spiritism and the paranormal
>>
>>17832404
>>17832481

I've got an update for you guys.

Turns out that whatever that was that night is still in the apartment, specifically in the roommate's room. The GF got a text just now that reads exactly like this

>"We were sleeping and all of a sudden the bag I take to the park with Mozart (the dog) fell to the floor and then the paper shredder turned on. I thought it was fine but Mozart got really scared, and he didn't want to stay or go near the room. Whatever it was it stood there for a long time and Mozart was following it with his eyes all over the room. I tried to calm him down but he wasn't taking it till 2:00 am."

What the fuck guys. I definitely heard the bag and the paper shredder last night but I didn't think anything of it. I can at least say that whatever that shit is it's in the roommate's room.
>>
>>17843369
Oh wow, I was at La Jolla Beach last fall. Where does this guy hang around? Might visit there again.
>>
>>17845180
usually around the private beach camp, near La Bufadora
>>
File: enimapod.jpg (86 KB, 1002x1002) Image search: [Google]
enimapod.jpg
86 KB, 1002x1002
>>17842665
That black bottle elixir was probably an aromatic solvent of naturopathic phenolics to keep scar tissue from building up in his heart.

Snake venom has medicinal properties which can be used to break up tumors. Some of the fragments can still metastasize into malignancies afterwards.

There is always some physical basis to folk medicine, no matter how slight in efficacy or remote in origin.

As a biophysicist, I feel compelled to chime in with this thread. Treat your own culture with honor and respect, so that you can determine a scientific reason for a family member to use a medicine.

>If you wanna see me
>You know I'm easily found
>Just climb the stairs where we used to live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l2xXhHLUi8
>>
>>17836503
>spain was muslim for 800 years
>>
>>17836571
>Read some real History book
>link to wikipedia
>>
>>17832404
I remember my grandma doing that thing with the egg, but it came out black when it was cracked into the cup.
>>
>>17845273
as someone who is interested in traditional magic, traditional healing and medicine, anthropology and medicine, thank you for saying this.

Imagine what the field of anesthesiology would be right now if we'd treated curare like some kind of "mystical withdoctor nonsense". Humans are superstitious, not stupid. We do things for a reason usually.
>>
>>17836503
>spain
>Catholicism

Zugarramurdi and Basque man... look them up. Embrace your own heritage and recognize that brujeria is a part of it.
>>
>>17843369
Shit I know how you feel my relatives are always telling scary stories about playing with Ouija boards when they we're teens. Used to not pay attention but lately I've noticed how serious they get when talking about said stories and how they swear it happened.
>>
File: cerulenimapod.jpg (113 KB, 1002x1002) Image search: [Google]
cerulenimapod.jpg
113 KB, 1002x1002
>>17834532
>hair from the person you want to affect, graveyard soil, even blood or urine

This part is seeking specific siRNA for bioweapons to be used against the specified individual. The graveyard soil and blood are probably for parasite culture.

>>17845880
>>17836503

As an American dude with some French Basque heritage, I want to put a stop to this bickering. As Western Europeans and Americans, we must recognize that our strength is in the synergy of reason and tolerance. Every monotheistic religion has had a major impact on our culture, so we can respect and utilize the literary traditions spawned in the wake. At this point in history, secular thought has empowered us to lead the world. We must not diminish to the standard where draconian religious fundamentalism stops the intellectual synthesis of ideation typified by our civilization. The only righteous view of history is therefore integrative, as is our collective Nous against division.

>>17845869
You are welcome to review the phenomenon as I have described. Our interests overlap, and I can give you more detail if you should seek it.

>Imagine what the field of anesthesiology would be right now if we'd treated curare like some kind of "mystical withdoctor nonsense".

Indeed; Just like we would all be dying of parasitic diseases if Cinchona bark had never been studied by pharmacologists.
>>
best thread for a long time, ever since the chainmail book

even if this is RP, there seem to be a lot of info and inputs from anons that seemed to know lots about the hispanic community
>>
>>17832786
Stories that never happened
>>
>>17833711
Stories that never happened
>>
>>17834401

moar on the battle, how fucked was the cat and what kind of injury it had

das a tuff wabbit
>>
>>17845273
>>17846147

i like you
>>
File: VerDopa.jpg (98 KB, 1002x1002) Image search: [Google]
VerDopa.jpg
98 KB, 1002x1002
>>17846345
If you like the words I have written, then you will like better adherence to the virtues I champion.
>>
>>17846516
Quit avatarfagging.
>>
>>17832404
Hi dude, southern mage here. Mmm, to be clear, this pseudo magic called brujeria (brujeria is witchcraft translated) is more like superstition, old traditions (like this one, that when you knock a salt shaker you must throw some salt over your shoulders) that people believe to be magic or have magical properties. Its they way to think about things, like this "Santa Muerte" is a deviation of the representation of virgin Mary, from the catholic religion. Here in the south they mix everything with everything. Syncretism is called. You will find all sort of old legends or figures mixed with elements from catholic religion or other beliefs. I think she was using what her had heard that might help you. My grand ma still uses all kind of herbs (my knee hurts, ill put some "insert some herb" with a bandage around it and ill sleep with it) its the same she was doing with you.
>>
>>17834025
>>17834320
This. My cousin wanted this guy so bad she started doing some love spells and paying some Honduran woman to smoke those big ass cigars. She only did this for a month or so after she noticed no response from him but at the end she got screwed over. She would call me almost every other week at midnight crying about how she couldn’t stop thinking of him. This went on for almost a year.
>>
>>17842559
Es salsa verde, pendejo.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (97 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
97 KB, 1000x1000
>>17842665
Hey dude did it look like this?
>>
>>17832404
Argie here. Depends where you're from the spells are going to be different. Seen some really fucked up shit here involving San La Muerte (not Santa Muerte, murkans).
>>
>>17832404

They usually roll the eggs around the head a few times to draw out the energies and crack it over a pan to see what respective emotions a person may be feeling.
>>
If you guys are interested in these things, check this video out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT2EicRIWe8
It's a police raid to an Umbanda temple in Argentina. Super creepy stuff.
>>
>>17832404
Mexican Ghosts? You have to build a wall!
>>
>>17849359

Wish I could understand Spanish. Still, very creepy visuals.
>>
>>17852267
here's a rundown
>guy was walking from his job
>5 guys rob him
>they steal one watch, cell phone a ring with an H initial and some money
>they beat him
>they break his window car when he tries to run away
>he come back and they set fire to his car
>finally comes to the police
>>
>>17832404
Yeah witchcraft is pretty big in Mexico. It's usually woman. They sell their souls to the devil to look young and have powers. My family has many stories about them. Especially my moms side of the family. They used to live in a ranch town in Jalisco and brujeria is pretty huge in places like that.
>>
In the San Juanito area of Chihuahua (foresty area like 2 hours past Cuauhtémoc) there's supposedly a witch/entity from the prehispanic period who owns the forest. I have a few buddies from the area who have gone camping in those woods before and they tell me stories straight from one of those /k/ inawoods threads
>>
>>17832421
>lachusa
>styrofoam owl
You mean lechuza?
>>
>>17833711
>meet bunch of people playing tag
>meet friendly old lady
you should have gone for it argiebro
also
>"monte" not hill
what the hell argiebro what are you doing to your language
>>
>>17845820
>hurr I don't know what citations in wikipedia are
>>
Mexifag here, my abuela fucked with that shit (and still does) ever since I was a kid. Her house had these human like mannequins and she had 2 huge coffins, one under the dinning table and another in her bedroom. Once she brought a bucket of dirt and sand so I grabbed it and found a fucking skull, later on she told me she dug it up and was the supposed skull of a sorcerer who was sealed to protect a local village. She keeps and tends to an altar of la santa muerte everyday and every full moon/eclipse/bloodmoon etc she makes a huge ritual and offering to her. She looks like in her 30-40's despiter being almost 70. She once got in a fight with one of my aunts because well (my aunt is a bitch). Anywho my grandma told her "You will never come here ever again" (aunt is from spain) and anytime she visits mexico, she gets this huge rash, her throat starts to swell and she slowly starts to take shape of a fucking toad and gets warts and unbearable pain. 2 times she came to Mexico and never again did she come back. My grandmother is one fucking spooky lady. I've always been a complete kissass to her and she's the only person who I act that way towards because she scares me. I still remember a few of her rituals etc. She even had a old ass book handwritten in old english shit covered in skin. With a bunch of hexes symbols and spells etc.
>>
any good amarres to bind a person to another?
>>
aaaaaaaall of this brujeria shit is as real as you make it, anon
>>
>>17832404
There was a fair amount present but in my family it was a little different because I was raised as a Aztec/Mixtec equivalent of a shaman or medicine man so what I know may be different from typical brujeria.
>>
>>17832404
Hispanic. this shit is fake and all until it happens to you or someone you know
>>
>>17843352
>just a fucking bird

I know what bird you mean.
>>
File: Temor Ioresco.png (156 KB, 232x304) Image search: [Google]
Temor Ioresco.png
156 KB, 232x304
>>17853022

Because it didn't happen on a hill, I meant monte as in the biome. Think of very thick patches of vegetations, like the edge of small rivers.

Also

>playing tag
>hands covered in blood

My skin would be covering that crone's tent, no thanks.

>exactly mfw I saw those people
>>
>>17846307
>>17846313
Mismoputo
>>
Any book about this stuff? I'm Mexican and never knew about this stuff.
>>
>>17859232
go to one of those occult places (where I live there's a decent amout of ads for tarot card readers and whatnot), or ask around for somebody that does that shit
i don't think there are many books on it, just verbal tradition.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.