[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are you reading? I just realized I have too many books on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
What are you reading? I just realized I have too many books on kindle, and should obtain the hard copy form in case SHTF. My other favorite author not pictured (since all his ebooks are on that kindle...) is Richard Dolan.
>>
>>17489070
can anyone advice good books to OP?
I am currently "reading" Liber 777 by Crowley.
Also the works of Austin Osman Spare are great.
Silver Ravenwolf is said to be good.
I did let me read some of my books with an exe called Balabolka.
And this channel on youtube makes book reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL29jPec36hg_JRlwAlDHLsutYfAOUCVtR
>>
>An Experiment With Time - J W Dunne

Great book about synchronicity and OBE by an early mathematician and aviator
>>
Currently reading Hypnotherapy by Dave Elmer, I saw it in that /omg/ thread on /x/ in the book links, so I thought I'd give it a try. Around 1/3 through. Next I'm gonna read Cialdini's Psychology of Persuasion. I know I should probably focus on more esoteric texts as a whole since that's my end goal, but I'm more into psychology-meets-occult stuff
>>
>>17490340
not OP.. but what is the link?
>>
>>17490294
OP here. I would suggest that it's best to read what you feel drawn to read, and read critically and thoughtfully as you go to separate the trash from the treasure. For example, I don't like Silver Ravenwolf, but I wouldn't tell you not to read her books on that basis. If you feel drawn to her stuff, there's a reason for it. Dig in and enjoy.
>>
Dont get drawn into icke the guy is a shill and a disinformation agent
>>
Ive been reading a lot of Clive Barker recently. And i always love Chuck Palaniuk, very dark psychological stuff.
>>
I'm reading Neuromancer, now. It's about cyberpunk shit. I was kind of meh for a bit but now it's getting more into the main plot, so it's picking up.
>>
File: what_I'm_reading.jpg (2 MB, 4508x2709) Image search: [Google]
what_I'm_reading.jpg
2 MB, 4508x2709
>>17489070
>>
>>17490499
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, went to sleep, if you are still here:

>>>17474010
>>
>>17491177

Molly is my waifu, step off.

>>17490294

Crowley's books are all incoherent rambling. It's funny how people view him as a step above other occultists, whereas he is even more nonsensical.
>>
File: Complete Fiction.jpg (16 KB, 192x254) Image search: [Google]
Complete Fiction.jpg
16 KB, 192x254
I'm reading this. Just read "Dagon".
>>
File: 712.jpg (3 MB, 4224x2368) Image search: [Google]
712.jpg
3 MB, 4224x2368
get on my level
>>
>>17492364
Good call anob
>>
The exegesis of Phillip k. Dick and gravitys rainbow
>>
File: 2016-03-20 22.20.41.jpg (2 MB, 2041x2450) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-20 22.20.41.jpg
2 MB, 2041x2450
I usually rotate reading through about 3-4 books at once. Currently reading 'The 50th Law by Robert Greene and 50 cent. Not a big 50 cent fan, its no where near as good as 48 laws but its a good read.

'Behold A Pale Horse' by William Cooper. Flat out good read.

'$weet Jone$: Pimp C's Trill Life Story'

Love this book. A long read but very funny and entertaining.
Fun Fact: Pimp C read 4 librarys worth of books while he was in jail in Texas. Supposedly, 4 librarys worth of information is what the CIA gathers on a daily basis. This man said in one of his songs to read 48 laws, Behold a Pale Horse and Secret Societies of America back in early 2000. He is also on video saying he doesn't know what a 'synonym' is. Very smart man. Knew exavtly how to play the game.

R.I.P Pimp C

Waiting on amazom to deliver 'The Spirit Molecule' by Rick Strassman and 'War Is a Racket' by Smedley D. Butler.
>>
File: 20160321_053707.jpg (289 KB, 1136x1444) Image search: [Google]
20160321_053707.jpg
289 KB, 1136x1444
not currently reading but this is one (if not the only) book that i will read anymore
>>
Watch the Skies! by Curtis Peebles

out of print but by far the best history of ufology yet written
>>
>>17494723
comparing the book to the original postings, i prefer the postings, some bits in the book weren't as good after it was edited and stuff.
>>
File: WP_20160321_21_29_17_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160321_21_29_17_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
re-reading these at the moment before starting the humanity reborn-series.
>>
>>17489070

Have read
> Chariots of the Gods
> Gold of the Gods
> Odyssey of the Gods, all by Erich von Daniken
> Alien Agenda by Jim Marrs
> The 12th Planet
> Stairway to Heaven, both by Zecharia Sitchen
> Gods of Eden, by William Bramley
> Irish Origins of Civilization by Michael Tsarion
> The Secret Destiny of America, by Manly P. Hall
> Synchronicity Key by David Wilcock
> Science was Wrong
> UFOs and Science, both by Stanton Friedman and Kathleen Marden
> Fingerprints of the Gods, by Graham Hancock

In the process of reading
> Technology of the Gods, by David Hatcher Childress (he seemed more level headed before Ancient Aliens)
> History is Wrong, by Erich von Daniken
> The Phoenician Origin of Britons, Scots & Anglo-Saxons by L.A. Waddell (referenced by Tsarion)
> a bunch of books on languages and Germanic tribes by lesser known Mormon author Bruce Wydner
> Hollow Planets by Jan Lamprecht
> some books on Astral Projection by Robert Bruce

They are all on a stack and the most recent one makes me forget about finishing the others.
>>
pretty chilling to think about being ruled by the literal devil
>>
File: 8thtower.jpg (190 KB, 880x1360) Image search: [Google]
8thtower.jpg
190 KB, 880x1360
a friend lent this to me,excellent so far

i heartily approve of this thread
>>
some day I will read Bloodlines of the Illuminati,it's just lying there staring at me
>>
I'm reading "Book of Revelation" in the Bible.
Incredible story, lot's of scientific info on our future on how the Earth will look like,how Earth will be cleansed from all the pollution (chemical and other solid waste) - by fire.
Design of the New City of Jerusalem, measurements are given it's going to be huge city.
You don't have to read this portion of The Bible as a believer in Christian God, just read
as a kind of sci-fi story you will have blast.
You can search for versions of Tribulation written by scholars who are giving interpretation to some of the symbology there to make it easier to understand.
One example, Earth after all the changes all the cleansing will have no more seas.
Sea:
The scripture predicts that there will be no more sea after Jesus returns! This is amazing.
So either
1. the earth will more or less shrink, so that the land masses come together as one mass. This may be the result of the earthquakes in the Tribulation period, which shake the entire earth.
God will be doing a make-over, and shaking up the wicked at the same time.

Tectonic plates will slide over each other until all land masses have been brought back together. This may well be a restoration of what the earth was like at the beginning, before Noah’s flood. When the water burst forth from the depths, it busted open and separated the plates, pushing the land masses away from each other.
2. all the land masses re-unite so that there is no sea dividing them. Any water is exterior to the large land mass.

All animals will live in peace, no more flesh eating for animals and for humans.
Many more interesting stuff almost like in sci-fi novel.
Highly recommended.
>>
>>17496233
>the bible has lots of scientific info
Definitely not true, even if it was, it was written 2000 years ago, so that science is extremely out dated
>no sea
thats because that fucker is gonna turn everything to wine
>the earth will shrink
Impossible
>Tectonic plates will slide over each other until all land masses have been brought back together
That i can believe, especially since new islands are formed from tectonic hot spots, eventually there will be more land mass above ground, so it does make sense.
>Noah's flood water burst forth from the depths
What depths? have you ever even dug a hole on your own? Do u realize what is in the center of our earth? Water does not simply burst forth from Liquid rock, infact its so hot i'd go as far as to say there is little or no moister at all down there. If there was water at the center of the Earth, there would be water spouting from volcanos. Also you're implying that the continents suddenly got their positions from that burst. This is also not accurate as we track the movement of continents. We are moving all the time brother, go to back to school, take some geology classes if you really dont believe me.
>all animals will live in peace
Without killing off carnivores this is impossible. Go ahead, test this theory, buy a kitty or a dogge, and try and feed that fucker lettuce for every meal. Watch how long it stays alive. Also if Heysus is shaking up our planet, and fucking with the wicked, he's be shaking up all the animals too, why do they deserve this? Just because they can't speak human and they can't repent for their sins doesn't mean they all deserve to die. And yes a constant earthquake would KILL EVERYTHING>
>>
>>17496142
Could you give me a tl;dr
>>
>>17496294
>And yes a constant earthquake would KILL EVERYTHING
Not everything, there will be Rapture of some people who will be returned to the New Earth after all the shaking and baking is done.
Your response-answers are not the most mentally stable.
Obviously you never read "The Book of Revelation".

>>17496294
>Definitely not true, even if it was, it was written 2000 years ago, so that science is extremely out dated
We will see if "Book of Revelation" is correct or if you are correct ?
If "Book of Revelation" is correct you are in huge trouble.
If you are correct...hmm (that's not possible)
>>
You don't really believe the flood was on earth still do you?

Read bloodline of the gods it's explained the real flood. And most of revelations. Which has already happened
>>
>>17496337
The easiest way to manipulate people is by fear. Fear is the mind-killer; people stop being able to think when they’re afraid. Make someone fearful, and you can easily control their behavior.
Take religion, for example. Quite a lot of fear-based religions believe that god, by whatever name they call that entity, is a giant enough asshole to have created a hell where people receive infinite punishment for finite misbehavior.
That whole “there’s a gun to your head, so make the right choice or else” thing is manipulation by fear.
Terrorism: “the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce”
Most standard religions believe god is a terrorist. They’re also so terrified of this great terrorist in the sky that they convince themselves that they actually like the gun they believe god is holding to their heads.
>>
>>17496337
>returned to the new earth
So these ma fukers spend their entire life doing good and get drafted into heaven, then hes like sorry, you have to go back to earth now, and live another life out there. That's pretty fucked up of god IMO
>if the book or ME is correct
yes i'm the only person on earth who doesn't believe that. Good call mate
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 1440x1080
>>17496311
it's a grand unified theory of paranormal phenomena. he wrote some very good, scholarly books on ufos/aliums - this is a departure from those works. he explores the thought that ghosts, aliens, sasquatches etc may be tools to fuck with and control humanity based on our ignorance of the malleable nature of our reality

the tower part refers to a old oriental tale about a group of ancient citadels in which beings have been continually chanting the world to ruin

it's a dark work
>>
>>17496392
>So these ma fukers spend their entire life doing good and get drafted into heaven, then hes like sorry, you have to go back to earth now, and live another life out there. That's pretty fucked up of god IMO
They will return to The New Earth.
Earth where there will be no more wars, no diseases, no more physical death, no pain, no sorrow, no liars, no chemical pollution.
Earth will be cleansed (by fire this time).
Animals and humans will be vegetarians, no more hunting by animals or by humans for food.
You read it for your self and only then you can form an educated opinion, right now you just twisting and turning.

Chill bro, watch some ytube on "Book of Revelation" ,of course some of the videos are better others not so good,
same as with other topics, so you have to give a try to few of them till you find biblical scholar
/with scientist mind approach on the subjects/ then you can form an opinion on this topic.
Good luck to you :)
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.