[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/omg/ -- Occultism & Magick General: Libraries thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: 15253105983_b0cb0b588d_o.jpg (294 KB, 670x1028) Image search: [Google]
15253105983_b0cb0b588d_o.jpg
294 KB, 670x1028
>Temple of Solomon the King (occultism, esotericism, anthropology and religion resources):
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>Mesmer's Lair (hypnosis, hypnotherapy, some neuropsych, brainwashing resources):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwLJ8mj-ZuoGc0NKUEtoLTBmQXc

>Random ear: Hodgepodge collection of lectures, music, and podcasts related to the occult
https://mega.nz/#F!RktiXZBS!W_ZvtntvNvWxvsSYZCG_vg

>Last thread
>>17463383
>>
Thoughts on Agrippa? I've just begun to read the James Freake translation of the Three Books, with the Donald Tyson annotations, and was wondering what I should look out for.
>>
I guess I'll ask a question for a friend thats been bugged by things lately. I would appreciate some feedback
>be couple of years ago
>be pretty good in the occult
>could lucid dream, astral project, use energy work, create thoughtforms, etc. with ease
>become freaked out about it and want it all to go away
>thoughtforms do just that
>be now
>interested in it again
>can't do shit
For my friend, what should he do? Just keep practicing or something?
Thanks again in advance.
>>
>>
>>17474445
I swewed my third eye shut and it has been a hell of a time trying to open it again. You have to take a different door, walk a different path, so to speak. You've already been initiated and little can change that, but to progress, you have to cover what you missed and improve your map of the territory.

Or cut a slit in a pomegranate and sew it shut with yarn, ask the Black Mother behind All for forgiveness at being too chickenshit to handle Her wisdom and beg Her infinite mercy. Wait for a sign, cut the stitches and smear the juice over your third eye.

Hypnosis and psychotherapy wouldn't hurt either. You might be getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>17475130
There is no quote by the Buddha that mentions love, nor any that are less than 10 pages and make any sense out of context.

Sorry, my autism card has been triggered.
>>
File: 2.jpg (154 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
154 KB, 1366x768
hey /x/. What is this, what does it mean, what does it do.
>>
I'm interested in higher consciousness and opening/aligning my chakras. Who could I read from and get a basic understanding?
>>
Bump
u
m
p
>>
>>17475529
;_; /x/ please.
>>
>>17474037
The planetary material's the big thing you should pay attention to. There's reason to believe Dee and Kelley were using large hunks of Agrippa's planetary magick and the precepts carry through to most grimoires.

>>17475436
>cover what you missed
This is one of my criticisms of Chaos. After a certain point, you WILL have to go back and learn all that shit you skipped over if you wanna progress.

>>17475529
>>17475614
Kaulajnananirnaya.
>>
>>17475529
Avatar: The Last Airbender, season 2, episode 19.
>>
>>17475436
>>17475701
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice
>>
>>17475436
>ask the Black Mother behind All for forgiveness at being too chickenshit to handle Her wisdom
He is telling me that it was more about trying to help me with something and not so much about being chickenshit, I guess.
>>
>>17475959
No problem, m8.
>>
Quick board today.
>>
>>17474445
You can induce LD with hypnosis. Not sure about the rest, as those have supernatural implications.
>>
>>17476252
Not that anon, but I've been doing power of self hypnosis for make good life times by Igor Savslavsky and it works great and all, especially because I know how to phrase with NLP and do it from a lifetime of not having a name for it, but problem having is less effective without esoteric bullshit. Add esoteric bullshit, all good.

What I wanted to say was it takes a certain understanding of the nature of belief to do it oneself. That is, you have to know a thing or two about perception and intuitively understand trhast it is belief that makes a thing true and not the other way around for it all to work. What I wanted to ask were your thoughts on integrating the two. I find hypnosis easier to than esotericism, but find the more advanced aspects of esotericism easier to work than how you would do it using hypnotism in a clinical setting without all the bullshit. Working in through a personal mythology or lore seems to be more effective in my case, and others. At least there is less resistance to what is possible normally.
>>
I've been practising meditation for a while and i feel like going a bit further. What's in there? Should I go about opening chakras? I don't think I can get a master around here, so there must be something that I can do alone.
I'm a little bit scared of Kundalini awakeing though
>>
File: 1328608471859.jpg (325 KB, 540x515) Image search: [Google]
1328608471859.jpg
325 KB, 540x515
Perhaps someone in this thread can help me. I've studied occultism for the last few years, but I've always put off really getting into it.. Now I want to begin practicing, but I can't decide on a system. Hermeticism appeals to me, but I can't get past the Qabalah or astrology aspect. Abrahamic things really turn me off, especially if I have to learn Hebrew characters and stuff. Astrology has been disproved. I was into runes for a while, but was turned off by the skinheads. Vedic mysticism and yoga seem cool, but I have a hard time trusting English translations. I like how secular and modern chaos magic is, but upon looking more closely most of it seems Qabalistic as well. I love drugs and all, but shamanism seems very ethnocentric, and I wouldn't feel comfortable following any specific version of it because I'm mixed race.

I want to be clear here: I respect all systems of magic, and my hangups are purely based upon aesthetics. I feel like for this to work I must find something that vibes with me. Should I just design my own methods? Any thoughts?
>>
>>17477092
Make your own shit. That is the whole point of chaos, most just get stuck on the punk aesthetic just as kids are still milking the corpses of punk long after goth crawled stillborn from its putrid womb and post-everything stole the manifesto.

Crowley and tantra are a good background in the what and why, hypnosis is the how and chumbley is the epitome of + A E S T H E T I C +. Probably not your own but the best example since Crowley of how to bring it all together into something that is your own.
>>
>>17477227
Thanks, I had a feeling I might be on my own with this. Checking out Chumbley now, neat dude
>>
>>17477092

The universe doesn't reveal its secrets to just anybody. You have to be prepared for the possibility that a working system might have stuff you won't like. I've had some results with Bardon's first few steps in Initiation Into Hermetics, but it's hard to find time to keep up with his exercises. You want results, you've got to work for it.

Astrology hasn't been conclusively disproven. It's very difficult to conclusively disprove anything. The problems facing astrology are the absence of a clear mechanism of action and the fact that astrologers often disagree on their interpretations, so the result is that astrology doesn't have enough empirical evidence to support it the same way as most of the sciences.

Astrology fits better with the Jungian idea of synchronicity rather than treating it as causative.

If you want answers from sources that pass Occam's Razor, magic is probably not for you. If you're not ready to get weird, you may not get far.
>>
>>17477344
I'm Mr bulldops
>>
>>17477296
It's hard to understand and sounds like edgy wicca if you haven't done all the preliminary reading, but once you have, it's either tantric dream wicca or ophidian gnosticism depending on the book.

The point was that he has a coherent aesthetic that works for him and that is what you should strive for, the aesthetic that comes from and speaks to, you. It doesn't matter if it's other things with a coat of paint, it's about what works and most importantly works for you.
>>
>>17477419
Also azoetia has chapter after chapter on aesthetics.
>>
>>17475444
lovingkindness?
>>
What's the best way to get new occult works published? I've been thinking about putting some "pen to paper" for a while now, but I'm not sure what the best way to publish is. Even the vehicle I'm using at this current time is not what I would like, but will serve for the time being. I hate inferior slaves almost as much as I did all those years ago.

So, how do I get published? I feel the need to break the silence of the years, to be heard, and maybe even respected again.
>>
>>17475984
You gonna buy the lerminati epub or not
>>
>>17477445
Not love in the usual sense, more one of the Greek forms of love. Not to be confused with compassion either. One is wanting the best for someone and the other is wanting them to be free of ill and harm.

Not to mention this 'love' is what is the basis of said 'understanding' (also a word not regularly used in sutras, less they are a shitty translation) in the Mahayana school and mostly irrelevant in the Hinayana.

It's a case of the language all being wrong. They would have said loving kindness or metta or some buddhist term and not a hiopy dippy bullshit aphorism. Read enough sutras and you just know what is dharma and what isn't. Most of it is dry Indian philosophy and doesn't make a meme worthy quote.
>Gone. Gone. Beyond gone. Beyond completely gone. My sides. So be it.
>Wisdom is the feeling in your heart's eye that makes the world sing.

One of these is real and one is some faux christian masturbation for crazy white girls who need to actually examine how they feel about having been molested instead of getting high off of quotes.

Also this. I knew it would be here.
http://fakebuddhaquotes.com/true-love-is-born-from-understanding/
>>
>>17477510
The Tantras refer to love. It's interesting, though, the lack of emphasis on love in Buddhism
>>
Is it possible for animals to "charge" a sigil?
>>
>>17477586
Like grandmother's love or momma bear love or sexy fuck love?
>>
>>17477447
The Secret Chief SM tells me that Fulgur's having issues so that's a scratch.

Lulu's a thing, and it's dirt cheap and has you using microsites to sell, so it's sorta like the old days of pdf dissemination from wepages, and it's simple, etc...the problem is, any whackjob can publish with those cats, it's not exactly 'respectable'.

That said I've been having Big Thinks lately about the upper Iranian plateau and that one time that Babalon met the Beast.
>>
>>17476512
>>17475701
>Kaulajnananirnaya.

>>17477092
Astrology's core, cope or get lost.
If you don't like Abrahamic maybe go a step older with the Indic-Aryan Zoroastrian material.

>hard time trusting translations
It gets easier the more you read.

>CM
>Kabbalistic standardization as core
Pick one.

>shamanism is like DMT dooooooood
It's ethnocentric because most shamanic traditions arise out of a culture with like a few hundred to a few k members, so "us" is a big goddamn deal.

>>17477227
>>17477296
>>17477419
^All solid advice.

>>17477500
Maybe. You gonna buy it?

>>17477510
>Greek forms of love
You mean like civic love or the feeling you get when you pound your catamite's boipucci? Cause there ain't much inbetween.
>57. Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.
~Liber L, Ch. 1
>>
>>17477631
>self publishing
Well, if it does come to that, then then so be it. I would rather have a good publisher and a degree of control over my works. Otherwise, they would be altered and changed to suit someone's needs and biases.

Boleskine House has burned. Words fail me. I can't imagine how or why such a thing could happen.
>>
>>17477616
Sexy fuck romantic love presumably

>>17477646
No I'm not gonna buy it
>>
>>17477649
>Boleskine House has burned. Words fail me.
Interestingly happened right around Black Sun when I cast the Marriage Vessel into the flames.

Some houses may Know You, it'd be perhaps worthwhile to go pester Scarlet Imprint; I think they just published Star Ships, so they may be looking for texts again (the went dead silent for like a year and a half).
>>
>>17477646
hey buddy answer my question

>>17477612
>>
>>17477670
Probably not.
>>
>>17477646
I think he means "agape" vs "eros" and the use of love for both in Liber L is strange. There was no reason why the words couldn't be used, unless it was for a Gematria based one or something else. Egyptian words were used, as was the Greek in the right place. Even Hebrew letters.

>>17477649
This is me. The only place associated with the Prophet of Thelema is in ruins, but still standing. That is of course, the Abbey. I hope someone rebuilds both the Abbey and Boleskine. Hell, it would be a nice pipe dream to have a proper Ordo Templi Orientis with a acting Outer Head of the Order.
>>
>>17477668
>Interestingly happened right around Black Sun when I cast the Marriage Vessel into the flames.
Well, that is a neat synchronicity. I think to call it a coincidence is a bit incorrect, since I don't see the world that way.

>Some houses may Know You, it'd be perhaps worthwhile to go pester Scarlet Imprint; I think they just published Star Ships, so they may be looking for texts again (the went dead silent for like a year and a half).
I'll give them a go, thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>17477739
There are a few others; respectability's hard to come by these days and I know Weiser doesn't want you (and the feeling's likely mutual).

Gonna try to spend most of tomorrow writing. Worshiped Kali for three goddamn hours last night. It was intense. I'll try to hammer out a proper reply between other projects. Notes on DBoE shaping up p. well. Probably needs to spend Sun in transcription.
>mfw I can potentially buy a tritrishulamandala on comission
>>
>>17477092
Look into Michael Harner's shamanism, if you want something less ethnocentric. I've studied and practiced a bit through his system, and found it very valid.
>>
>>17477777
who tha fuk was it
>>
>>17477788
>Weiser
I am not aware if this is a one off thing, but apparently this gem was on his site. I mean, how does one not see this as a bit insulting?

> "The Book of the Sacred Magic" Translated by MacGregor Mathers, and used by the Golden Dawn.
This part is fine.

>Aleister Crowley is famously said to have attempted it in a rather offhanded way
He said "attempted" because "Aleister Crowley" didn't do the working "right". He cannot argue with the results, but he sure can editorialize.
>unleashing dire consequences on all those around.
Pretty much all I need to know about this Weiser is summed up here. He publishes books, but I'm sure there are better people doing it.
>>
>>17477944
Weiser's dead, it's Wasserman's show now.
>>
Retitle this "self hypnosis and self delusion general" please. Much more accurate.
>>
>>17478140
>the PhDs who contributed to the thousands of texts in the OP must surely be delusional!
>>
What's the tall black rectangular box-thing on the floor in OP's pic?
>>
>>17474010
i want to use magic to become better looking, is this a possibility, will it have any negative side effects
>>
>>17478412
it could certainly make you think you look better, and with some Venusian adeptry, make others think you look better, but in the mirror, you'll still be the same dud-stud.
>>
>>17478412

Conventional means would probably be easier.

Magic is fucking HARD. The only successful use of it I've had was a job interview I had back in October while working on the starting parts of Bardon's system. By really focusing on the exercises and how badly I wanted to get the job, I managed to do so well in the interview that I actually got the job offer later the same day after the interview.

Unfortunately, once I had the job, I couldn't really keep up with the exercises anymore and stopped doing them. They just let me go on Monday, completely out of the blue. I've got new interviews lined up already in the next few days, but I'm thinking I should get back into Bardon and do a better job making time for the exercises to see if I can help make sure of it.

These are the kinds of results you can have in any short-term capacity: just helping you succeed more often in the things you try to do. You're not going to be working physical miracles for a very long time, if at all.
>>
>>17478412
Venus Mantras. I recommend Mars if you're a man.

In that case, vibrate Aum Baumaya Nama and affirm in your head with intent that "Women are permanently sexually attracted to me".
>>
>>17476487
>Savslavsky
Ledochowski.

And overall, yes. Although to be entirely fair, no thing you do yourself is going to be better than doing it with a proper hypnotist.

>>17477447
If you don't care about cash: drop me a line, and we can get your stuff onto www.lvxnox.com.

If you do care about cash: hit up niche publishers.

>>17477649
>I can't imagine how or why such a thing could happen.
It's a sign that Thelema is dead.

>>17477706
>OTO
I'd sign up if it actually worked and did what it's supposed to.

Or not. Probably not. I'm too far gone to accept half-assedness.
>>
Self publishing on amazon is fast and easy. Just don't go and release a 2000 page epic for $40 a copy and expect to get anywhere. Publish each chapter as it's own thing for a couple dollars each.
>>
>>17478364
None of them are anything specific. That image was chosen for our friend from last thread who was convinced that basic geometric shapes were a conspiracy.
>>
>>17477863
>Harner's
I acquired a bit of stuff from him after last thread
https://mega.nz/#!YpkG3TCQ!vn62ra6TEpnlp6Zwdl6C_DqIJaMa9AVtAAGnMkOjUYQ
>>
>>17478328
PhDs of what, retard.
>>
>>17479355
anthropology, neuroscience, and psychology mostly.
>>
>>17479355
here check these out
https://youtu.be/K3Zx-qcNZf4?list=PLFFD1C791A86FB485
>>
Children of Sophia, hast thou ever gone fishing?
>>
>>17479410
What a ratchet, toasted up bitch.
>>
>>17479493
> ratchet
You're so basic you think you know what that means, bitch.
>>
>>17474010
Am I the only one being killed by the hand made oblong circles?!?
>>
>>17479503
Wide angle lens.
>>
can someone point me to a direction where i can find useful material relating to Ganapati? I'm familiar with the basic myths associated with him, but I find it very difficult to find any "esoteric" interpretations or explanations of these myths. There seems to be a close connection with the demiurge and Ganapati, considering their roles as manifest personal gods that have emanated or separated from the ultimate godhead through shakti or sophia; yet most indian sources I've dabbled with don't elaborate his metaphysical stature any more than is usual in traditional indian texts - sure, he's said to be this and that, but I find it difficult to understand where He fits in with the whole. I realize all is not meant to be intellectually grasped, but as it is my natural tendency to conceptualize and analyze things it feels relevant to try. Anyway - if anyone has an insight or a pointer that possibly has to do with the metaphysical relation existing between Ganesha and a plethora of western entities, perhaps Metatron, Baphomet or even Satan or Christ, I'm all ears.
OM GAM
>>
>>17479695
Shiva is consciousness, obviously. Shakti is manifestation, the world being perceived, the unconscious. Ganesha is the critical faculty. The gatekeeper, the giver and remover of obstacles.
>>
>>17479706
would you reckon this analogy fitting;
atma-buddhi-manas
Shiva-Ganesha-Shakti
>>
Philosophia perennis: Historical Outlines of Western Spirituality in Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern Thought by Wilhelm Schmidt-Biggemann

The study features the five most important and most efficacious themes of Western spirituality in their ancient historical origins and in their unfolding up to early modernity: Divine names, Microkosmos-Makrokosmos, theories of creation, the idea of spiritual spaces, and the concepts of eschatological history.

http://bookzz.org/md5/206603702e2a44f6c7e2959a49c24de8

This ebook costs $300 in http://www.springer.com/us/book/9781402030666
>>
>>17478490
I'm assuming Franz Bardon (can there be another one?). He makes very outlandish claims about what magic can do. Any results like those from you, fellow Anons?
>>
>>17479794
The point of outlandish claims is that we can't all be goku, but we krillin just by trying to be goku. Or Mr Satan if that's more your thing.
>>
>>17479793
Danke shan

>>17479794
Answering this properly requires so much more effort than I'm willing to put in at the moment.
>Bardon
My personal opinion is that bardon is bad times. His advice that you distance yourself from your friends and hobbies is likely to leave you a neurotic. There is also a lot of cringy and RP levels of bullshit in his books, but honestly there is no shortage of that to go around when it comes to magic.

>results like that
Just hoping for something won't get you it. Studies have shown that confidence without merit will cause you to do worse than solid doubt. Just magically hoping for something is wal-mart tier magic and the answer is no, it won't get you what you want.
That being said, I've known more than a few people whom I respect who have said that in charting the course of their life, they were more successful in the times when they practiced magic then they were in the times of their life in which they didn't practice.
>>
Unfortunately, epub only.

*IMPORTANT*: Read this review first: http://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RKS559Z2GTKUG

Israel Regardie, John Michael Greer The Golden Dawn: The Original Account of the Teachings, Rites, and Ceremonies of the Hermetic Order [7th ed.]

First published in 1937, Israel Regardie’s The Golden Dawn has become the most influential modern handbook of magical theory and practice. In this new, definitive edition, noted scholar John Michael Greer has taken this essential resource back to its original, authentic form. With added illustrations, a twenty-page color insert, additional original material, and refreshed design and typography, this powerful work returns to its true stature as a modern masterpiece.

An essential textbook for students of the occult, The Golden Dawn includes occult symbolism and Qabalistic philosophy, training methods for developing magical and clairvoyant powers, rituals that summon and banish spiritual potencies, secrets of making and consecrating magical tools, and much more.

http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=6d39d20f34de1ba4a97019478d997516

The other Library Genesis mirrors for this ebook were deleted. Get it while it is available.
>>
>>17479877
>Dubs!
I didn't have the 7th ed yet. Nice find.
>>
On a related note, Greer seems to have far too sensible a head on his shoulders to go around calling himself archdruid.
>>
>>17479794
Where exactly do you draw the line of "outlandish claim"?

You're literally talking about magic. We're already in the realm of outlandish claims, regardless of what comes next.
>>
>>17479260
Cool, thanks. While I've done seminar work, I haven't actually read his book(s). Think I may have something somewhere, but this is here and now, so thanks.
>>17479255
ah, thanks. I saw the pyramid and what looked like a box with something on top, and since I'm always looking for weird magic machines, I thought I'd ask.
>>
This fucking guy. The more I think about what he's doing, the more I realize that he's missing the point entirely.
>>
>>17481109
Who is this?

His blue shoelaces are about as fitting as snow in the summer.
>>
Hey, I'm just getting into this through Blueflake's pdf.
I've been trying meditation every day, but I don't seem to be getting better at it. How long does it take take? A few months? Years?
>>
>>17481203
Define what you mean by "better" and then we'll proceed from there. In good meditation there are a couple of things that show you "get it". One of which is that you become aware of your thoughts and where they arise from. When you are sitting or in a position, your thoughts tell you a great deal. Let's say you think of something you have to do. The best way to deal with this would be to make sure everything is taken care of before you sit/meditate. Dealing with the other thoughts is much easier, since they can offer a rationale behind your sub-conscious awareness and it's needs. I've been doing meditation, in many forms, for a long time. One can do this for years and still be surprised by new knowledge or insights. With every sickness there is a cure, every poison, an antidote. Good luck to you.
>>
>>17481224
I'm easily distracted in a sense. My subconscious is bringing up every cringe worthy thing I've done, and I keep reacting instantly. One time I remembered something embarrassing and I slugged my neck. Sort of like that Beartato comic.
I think I know where these things are coming from, but I'm ashamed at how much they're affecting me. Do I just resist it through willpower, or do I work out my self-loathing in in a different way?
>>
>>17481182
That's David Shoemaker, heir to the Wolfe and Seckler.

Notice how he's unable to maintain a half lotus in khakis. Now, I ain't the most advanced yogi to ever slap some grave ash on his ass, but one would think the number two claimant to lineage at least knew how to fuckin' sit properly.
>>
>>17481275
>every cringe worthy thing I've done
https://youtu.be/kaLLy-U8MkI?t=1m33s

Your brain likes solving problems. That you're still cringing over these things means you're treating them as unsolved problems. When they come up, observe the thoughts impartially, learn something from them, figure out how you could do it better if you were in the situation again, and how you could respond if the situation came up again. After that your mind should consider the problem solved and stop throwing it at every time it gets a spare moment.
>>
>>17481469
Thanks, man. I really appreciate you.
>>
http://www.druidical-gd.org/ftt.html

This is going to end up being a glorious shit show. I'm excited.
>>
Hara Hara Mahadev!

Bumping, but im off to sleep fellows
>>
>>17481519
I smell kallisti behind all this. I always forget that you, me, most of this thread, about half of all discordians and chaos magicians and a smattering of other initiates through no fault of their own or the orders to which they belong are the only ones who have overcome the human curse of autism through irony.
>>
How much does my posture and all that matter when meditating?
I've been doing a lotus or half lotus or something, legs crossed, back straight, tongue on roof of mouth, focusing on the space between my brows and counting somewhat shallow breaths to 7, imagining the image of those numbers as I count.
Is there something wrong with this? I watched some nice black guy on youtube say that he did it laying down, sometimes focusing on random parts of his body. Is this also acceptable?
>>
>>17481275
>>
Is sexual activity detrimental for magick? Are there any perks to abstinence for a practitioner?
Does virginity hold any meaning in the context of magick/occultism?
>>
>>17481576
Sleep well alacard

>>17481669
>overcome the human curse of autism through irony
It's scary how few people figure out they shouldn't take themselves seriously. Am trying to track down a copy of celtic golden dawn cause I want a front row seat on this one

>>17481686
Opinions on this vary. To my mind it's all about blood flow and being able to breath easily o keeping your back and neck straight are more important than sitting style or recline. But my view is somewhat more western, people who have studied eastern mysticism more are more strict about it.

>>17481692
kek

>>17481695
The answer is varies. If you aren't currently engaging in some ritual that demands you hold your seed or only spill it at certain times, than don't worry about it. There is more to be learned in shooting your spunk, by yourself and with others, than there is to be learned by holding it.
>>
This might sound rapey, stupid, and desperate, but could I use magick to get laid?
>>
>>17481692
Becky's locker catches on fire

flame flame 100 100 ok ok flame
>>
>>17481363
We need an A.'. A.'. Bootcamp.

"FRATER FUCKFACE YOU HAD BEST GET IN A FULL LOTUS IN THE NEXT 3 SECONDS"

Do something long enough and wrong enough and you never learn.

>>17481275
Distractions can teach us about ourselves, especially if they are past things we've done. That's what "karma" or more properly karna, is. You want those to bother you now, while you can analyze them, rather than later. Assuming reincarnation exists and that isn't all religious mumbo jumbo, then imagine that a thousand times.
>>
>>17474010
Thoughts on the 8 circuit brain model? And how the revelation to you of the world of occultism was literally built into your genetics, your DNA? I've activated the 5th,6th, and 7th circuits working on the eighth, which pertains to astral travel and the realization of true immortality. Check out deoxy.org, tell me what you think. There is more science in Magick then most wizards think
>>
>>17481760
Find a shakta and she'll take you for a wild ride in the graveyard.
>>
>>17481950
Sounds spooky. I like it.
>>
>>17481109
How's that? he seems to have the least baggage of the current major lineage holders. Low bar, I know
>>
Alright, I want to start with this occultism thing.

What do I start with? Hermeticism? Chaos Magick? What are the differences between the different groups involved?
>>
File: 1335817954935.jpg (217 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
1335817954935.jpg
217 KB, 600x803
>>17477419
That's actually quite helpful, I've had trouble with how hokey it makes me feel to work with ancient godforms, even though that's my favorite type of magic to experiment with because I'm a myth/religion student. So I've been working on a personal pantheon. My goal is to eventually be seen as a prophet and have my own harem like my great-grandfather who led a minor cult.

>>17477646
Zoroastrianism is sweet, but I'm not into dualism.

>>17477863
>>17479260
Thanks, solid inspiration
>>
>>17482707
>but I'm not into dualism.
Ever look into Daoism?
>>
>>17481275
>My subconscious is bringing up every cringe worthy thing I've done, and I keep reacting instantly.

What you do is, acknowledge that, and then say "that's alright, we'll work on it on [date & time]. For now, help me do this thing I want to do".

And then keep your promise and actually work your shit out on that date and time.

>>17482394
Also lolpsychology instead of neurosci. His explanations of the rituals (The S&S podcast) and the lack of understanding of how far faith can go in inducing change is staggering.
>>
Thoughts on stephen flowers?
>>
Are there any other books in the library about satanism that aren't LaVey?
>>
>>17482936
Tons, go open the LHP folder.

>>17482927
Pretty decent.
>>
Thoughts on edred thorsson?
>>
>>17475520
This is «að unni» and you shoudn't use it.
>>
>>17483327
why shouldn't they use it
>>
>>17483335
Dunno, I just said that to pad my post a little.
>>
>>17483344
why would you need to pad your post at all?
>>
>>17474010
general questions for all.

is magic something that comes totally from inside of you or do outside forces influence your outcomes?

is it something inherent that you tap into or something that you have to work to develop (or both)?

is it a personal experience and if it is, then why do you need to study what other people have written instead of being guided by trial, error and intuition?

why can't you create and use a system that is only meaningful to you (or can you)?
>>
>>17483423
one of the more recognized names can input on this but Ill give my opinion too

1. inside is outside, as above, so below.
2. yes (both)
3. It's personal, you need to study what others have written because most of them were fucking smart and educated and ignoring their insight is dumb, no need to reinvent the wheel. If you thought really long and hard and came up with the idea that ultimately the only thing that can be known for sure is the self... that may feel huge to you, but you're only recreating solipsism which you could have read about easily, you see? The trial and error and intuition are necessary because that is how anything ever, is learned.

4. You can, and in fact many schools encourage it. The trick is knowing when to improv and when to stick to the book, and thats going to be different times for everyone.
>>
>>17483423
>is magic something that comes totally from inside of you or do outside forces influence your outcomes?

Inside you is just blood and guts, ask yourself what you mean? Inside outside, the difference dissolves.

>is it something inherent that you tap into or something that you have to work to develop (or both)?

Both, Somebody who has put in more work can beat the naturally gifted lazy person except in extreme cases.

>s it a personal experience and if it is, then why do you need to study what other people have written instead of being guided by trial, error and intuition?

This question would be resolved if you stopped asking questions and put in the work.

>why can't you create and use a system that is only meaningful to you (or can you)?

That is not how meaning works. Personal meaning is just putting a dress on the pig of attachment or pride.
>>
File: duquette.jpg (25 KB, 400x598) Image search: [Google]
duquette.jpg
25 KB, 400x598
>>17483423
>is magic something that comes totally from inside of you or do outside forces influence your outcomes?
Depends on whom you ask. See the sub-title in pic related for a popular view (one of many).

>is it something inherent that you tap into or something that you have to work to develop (or both)?
These are not incompatible. The artist has to work in order to properly materialize the visions inspired by the Muses.

>is it a personal experience and if it is, then why do you need to study what other people have written instead of being guided by trial, error and intuition?
The techniques can be the same for everyone and the experience different. Same environment, different interactions. Same people, different conversations.

>why can't you create and use a system that is only meaningful to you (or can you)?
Of course you can. Start with your own oracle, maybe.
>>
File: 09vcazo.jpg (96 KB, 500x552) Image search: [Google]
09vcazo.jpg
96 KB, 500x552
https://youtu.be/deCUnq63waI
>>17483423
both
both
because you are running pretty close to the same machinery as others
you can
>>17482707
da nada, good luck with the flock
>>17482397
if all you want is a definition google is your friend. There is a mega in the op. In the mega is a folder called beginners. Any book in there will do
>>
>>17481753
other anon here

what if I literally can not sit straight becase chest area of my spine is immobilised in overly hunched position because of faulty joints (aka Scheuerman's disease, which I happen to be the slightiest case of)

so yeah, sitting, standing u, basically not laying down makes my back muscles tire quickly, ache and breathing deeply with forcing my back straight actually makes me heart rate go up as I feel like execrcising, not being relaxed.

I've been meditating for a decade in laying down position, but I keep falling asleep sometimes and shit like some energy crap I was never sure if is real bothers me - what if some fucking kundalini cant go up because I have permamently overhunched back?

Sorry for shit language, I'm at work and have to save time.
>>
>>17481828
>Distractions can teach us about ourselves, especially if they are past things we've done. That's what "karma" or more properly karna, is. You want those to bother you now, while you can analyze them, rather than later.

This. You are ashamed of yourself. The question is, why are you feeling shame? Should you be? Is it cringe worthy, because you have some illusion about the proper way to act, or are you acting poorly? Whatever you do, don't take it with you.

>Assuming reincarnation exists

Safe assumption. The question is what reincarnation is.

>>17481695

Virginity absolutely holds meanings. Purity is Piety. The sexual drive is animal instinct staring at death. The problem is that if you do not know what to do with the energy buildup, or you're still a jerk, and it doesn't matter, it can drive you a little mad. If you're wired for it, and you're in that place, you'll know. The will wills what it wants
>>
>>17483483
Go for a walk.
>>
File: MduHATw.jpg (49 KB, 750x557) Image search: [Google]
MduHATw.jpg
49 KB, 750x557
>>17483483
as far as me and most of the western adepts and everyone who follows the psyc model is concerned laying down is fine.
>>
>>17481695
Not in the slightest. There's an entire body of material referred to as sexual magick.

>>17483483
If you have a medical condition you're probably just fine in terms of yoga, I mean, a body has limits, some more than others, and nobody holds that against anyone. Maybe kundalini visualizations aren't the method that's going to work for you, though.
>>
>>17483493
>pic
kek

also thanks for the answers, everyone
>>
>>17483501
any chance you've got a scan of greer's celtic golden dawn? Having trouble finding it
>>
>>17483508
Nope, new enough I'd have to do it myself.
>>
>>17483522
>dubs!
Ah well, the kindle edition it is
>>
Thoth, zorak, since you're both in the thread and extremely well read, quick question:

I am interested in finding whatever I can on scottish witchcraft/folk magic/ritual. I would prefer anything focusing on pre-roman occupation and the introduction of abrahamic traditions, but Ill take what I can get.

Buckland a shit.
Wicca a shit.
Something more authentic even if its purely archaeological data is desired.

Any recommendations or places to look?
>>
>>17483483
laying down is fine. although sitting up is to a slight extent more advantageous due to our current body shape, in the main, energy doesn't discriminate. even if you had no arms and no legs, the qi would still find a way to accommodate you, because it's your intent that directs the energy. if you do it and focus on it, regardless of position, the qi will work its way through your meridians, strengthening them and brightening them. one has to exert a bit more focus when laying down, but once blockages start to clear, you'll feel that you're able to draw energy up and down the spinal meridian regardless of position.
>>
>>17483529
https://mega.nz/#!91NShY6L!pPaU4ZdeFbBZi0zYiKf3tFL3H-rz-H-kEPji97nDpWc

Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries by W. Y. Evans Wentz - 1911
>>
>>17477092
Satanism.

Forget what you know and what these fags on /x/ will tell you. It's possible to unlock your inner demonic energies and use them at will. We are all born part demon after all, original sin.
>>
>>17483539
oh hey thanks zorak I saw "fairy" and assumed it was fluff, it looks like theres some interesting stuff in there thank you.

Im specifically looking for traditional low magic traditions, superstitions and such, any other suggestions would be welcome but thats already a great resource, thank you.
>>
>>17483529
For the pantheon, You could always do the archaeological work from sources outside of Scotland and then just figure out how the names changed. Comparative religion gets really boring once you realize there are only about three different sets of gods by the time of the existing historical record.

I know the celts have Dionysus/Jesus which is definitely pre-roman.
>>
>>17483545
In the mega
under european - witchcraft and belief in early modern Scotland
Under shamanic- The dissimilarity of ancient Irish magic

Few possible things in the various folder.
Surprised the yeats folder doesn't have any of his fea work, but not needed.
>>
>>17483564
perfect thank you. That first one looks interesting if theres something more than another detailed accounting of extensive witch burning.

All the texts on scottish traditions usually degrade into a fifty chapter recounting of everyone ever killed for "witchcraft" unfortunately.

That second one looks like its full of little gems, thank you.
>>
File: 1458231236566.jpg (64 KB, 448x403) Image search: [Google]
1458231236566.jpg
64 KB, 448x403
bump
>>
>>17474010

/omg/ is one of the most useless threads on 4chan.

Pseudo-intellectual babbling, egoistic arseholes, lazy tripfags... but no evidence that they actually CAN do magic.

I always regret to lurk in these threads.
And as an occultist I'm truly ashamed that people might think that Anons here have anything to do with magic.
>>
>>17483722
Hence why proper approaches to spirituality are much more important than "magick".

Aspiring towards higher things isn't in man's nature, but sometimes he can make himself. That's why the magic of quasi-miracles is in essence not the best. It is not the goal.
>>
>>17483722
thanks anon
>checked
>>
>>17483722
What is your degree in? Mine is in psychology with a specialization in actually doing something beneficial with it and an avid interest in phenomenology.

I'm asking because it tends to shape your view of the occult. I come from a world of patients claiming to be doctors, where most of the science is spurious bullshit and all that matters is if you can actually get results. Where most everyone is a researcher doing it purely for intellectual masturbation. Thus you have my view of magic.

Now show me yours monkey boy, as we have already initiated the chest beating, dick measuring ritual I loathe. Let's get itmoutmof the way and share war stories instead. Is beneficial.
>>
>>17483738
Interestingly enough, people without degrees find the occult community to be a bunch of pretentious fucks and flex their slave morality of being better than them because they didn't need no fancy book learning or community of like-minded individuals. Or standards. Ironic considering how the chaos magicians writing the books they fawn over are overeducated by all measures and thrice inducted into every order, fraternity and secret society in the Western and parts of the eastern world. It reminds me of the kids who laud the 'long' lineage of transmission, mostly started by a dude who made it all up within the last 100 years and claimed transmission from another group who made it all up.
>>
>>17483722
Jealous much?
>>
File: 1451188895524.jpg (7 KB, 412x314) Image search: [Google]
1451188895524.jpg
7 KB, 412x314
>>17483738
>What is your degree in? Mine is in psychology
>psychology
Kek
>>
I love how people who write more than a single sentence complaining about how some people are pseudointellectual and pretentious almost always sound like the very type of a man he's so upset about.
>>
>>17483785
Philosophy didn't have enough classes in tests and measures and statistics for what I wanted to do. What do you do again? Ditch digger or neet?
>>
>ctrl+f Alchemy
>nothing
Is there any comprehensive texts about alchemy and how to start out in it?
>>
>you are a stupid faggot who can't be good at this and that because you have no PhD in totally unrelated field or aren't a scientist working with scientific method
>>
>you are this butthurt.
>>
>prove magic is real
>>
>>17483858
So your path of study doesn't shape your worldview? The thing you do professionally has no effect on how you view an academic pursuit? Gyatdayum I hit the nail on the head and flustered your fanny. So what was it, neet or ditch digger?
>>
>>17483865
>assuming I'm the other anon
just leave this thread and stop making assumptions based on how your little head works

I fucking swear all the stereotypical autistic faggots coming to /x/ and crying, asking for proofs, insulting /x/enons

>tfw participating in this 8 minutes before end of work

simply epic beginning of a weekend
>>
>>17483864
>prove you're real
>>
>>17483884
>manchildren think this is witty
>>
>FUNposting
>>
Why all the yellowtexting?
>>
>>17483899

There's not much else to do in this thread, seeing as how magic isn't real.
>>
>>17483901
Isn't real for yourself. Are you trapped here?
>>
>>17483897
With all the religions, philosophies, and systems of mysticism out there, how can people not have anything to talk about? Plus, why focus on magic(k) when developing spiritually is superior.
>>
>>17483909
Finished notes on DB through June at like 5 this morning; you're next on the to-do list.
>>
File: lamen.jpg (34 KB, 400x631) Image search: [Google]
lamen.jpg
34 KB, 400x631
>>17483927
Just out of curious-ity, what will you be working on?
>>
>>17483951
Before I forget about this, your hosting on lvxnox can handle foreign languages, right? Some of my works might have Chinese characters in them as part of the text, so that is why I ask. I have little idea how that would be handled, so I just want to make sure. I can help you out with Taoism, should you need it. It would be a bit of a "you scratch my back and I scratch yours" deal. I like to give back, as well as take. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. For now, that is the only real issue.
>>
>>17483964
I always teach the Tao Te Ching as part of meditation/ethics course.
>>
How much magick and Christianity/Judaism is involved in Freemasonry?
I'd there anyone here who's been a Freemason?
>>
>>17483951
Just a reply to you.

If you mean DB, I was going through the material from the 16 evokations of BHA and worked through the preliminary rituals for charging the Phoenix Vessel.
>>
>>17483989
Freemasonry is actually more close to the Osiris cult than Christianity proper. Freemasonry is pretty much a symbol driven secret society, with branches that disregard the idea of a "God" or GAOTU at all. They are deemed irregular, but as far as I know their mysteries are the same.
>>
How many of you just do this by yourself? Do you have a group of some friends who do this as well? An instructor? If yes, how do you find this?
>>
>>17483996
So would joining my local Masonic Lodge be a bad idea? Is it something I can just get out of, or should I be 100% certain? Is it just a bunch of old businessmen? Don't get me wrong, that's not bad, but I don't want to be the only 19 year old to try and join, especially since I'm in a really small town right now.
>>
>>17483996

God, the father of spirits, and the great architect of the universe aint the same dude.
>>
>>17484007
Go be initiated in Freemasonry if you want to, but be aware of the esoteric principals before you do. It is a strongly Johannine brotherhood, holding the Saints John in esteem. They also are very much so bound to the Qabalah and pagan mythologies, as mentioned previously. Freemasonry has influenced many groups, including the Rose-Croix orders and the Ordo Templi Orientis under Theodore Reuss and even Baphomet. It was more Masonic under the leadership of it's original founder, as well as being very much tied to Christianity/The Old Aeon. Also influenced Blavatsky through the Co-Masonry lodge.
>>
>>17484009
I don't care much for semantics, but the Grand Architect is very much so a god. He is a god apart from the one you mean though. He is the god of the Hebrews. I care very little for this, especially since it's a matter of names for the Absolute.
>>
So what is Love, Will, and Law mean under Thelema?
I'm pretty sure I have a rough idea, but something tells me it isn't just "Don't go to jail" and "When a man and a lady really like each other".
>>
I see this shit all the time, i have to wonder if there's any undeniable proof that "magick" is real. So what's the deal occultists? Are you all just crazy or is there really mystical powers around.
>>
I see this shit all the time, i have to wonder if there's any undeniable proof that "religion" is real. So what's the deal worshipers? Are you all just crazy or is there really holy powers around.
>>
>>17484108
Well i don't believe in any religion if that's your point. I'm just here wondering if there is something to believe in.
>>
>>17484116
It's the same principle applied for results such as self improvement.
If religion seems stupid to you, then this will.
>>
>>17484121
Well, its not that religion is stupid, there's just no proof. If you have to say that magick only exists to those that think it exists isn't that really no different to a christian fanatic?
>>
>>17484127
1: Not everyone buys into the 'it only works if you beeleeve" shit.

2: Show me the last time an okkvltnik decided to to kill a bunch of people at an abortion clinic or called for international holy war. Or one who denies evolution, or the other garbage I see Christfags spewing/doing on the reg.
>>
>>17484027

wut im sayin is the one known as GAOTU is not the absolute. But would be closer to whats known as the demiurge
>>
>>17484108

just sit down and try not thinking for an hour, then you'll see where religion comes from
>>
>>17484169
That was rhetorical. Look at the post above it.
>>
>>17480386
You know it when you see it.

How about an example? From Initiation into Hermetics:

By constant practice of this experiment, adepts will succeed in producing phenomena of levitation such as walking on the surface of water, floating in the air, displacement of the body and many more, especially if one concentrates on one element only. But magician is not satisfied with one-sided phenomena, because this would not agree with his aims. He wants to penetrate far deeper into the cognition and the mastery, and
achieve more. (...) As time goes by, you ought to be able to keep your body cold as ice even in the hottest summer weather. Oriental adepts master this [water] element in such a degree that they can perform the most astonishing phenomena straight away. For example, they produce rain during the hot or dry season, and stop it again at will. They can ban thunderstorms, calm down the roaring ocean, control all animals in the water, and so on. Such and similar phenomena are no miracles for a real magician who understands them perfectly.
>>
>>17481519
I'm quite sad he removed the cancerous Comic Sans MS from the page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20150826000318/http://druidical-gd.org/ftt.html
>>
>>17481669
Well, Greer has the infamous Asperger's syndrome.
>>
>>17483529
>>17483539

Celtic Myths, Celtic Legends
Robert John Stewart
This is a re-telling of the most popular or significant myths of the Celts, with stories from most of the countries where Celts settled. The myths include "Bran and Branwen" from Wales, "Wooing of Elan" from Ireland, "Red Shield" from Scotland, and "Marriage of Sir Gwain" from England.
http://bookzz.org/book/1000893/e87209

>>17483539
Did you say fairies?

Robert Kirk Walker Between Worlds
Robert John Stewart
Obligatory annotated edition of The Secret Commonwealth.
http://darkbooks.org/pp.php?v=76128389

I still don't have the latest edition [ http://www.rjstewart.net/robert-kirk.htm ], which is on my buy-to-scan list.

My eyes are set now on a $300-ish book on <redacted>, so you will have to wait for a while. I'm not spilling the beans on which book because I don't want to see the only paper copy available on Internet disappear forever into a private library.
>>
>>17483907
>implying it's real for anyone else
These threads would at least have a shred of value if that were the case.
>>
>>17484390
No one is saying those things are necessarily real. Have a quote straight from The Beast:

"In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth, and the Paths, of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres, Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist. It is immaterial whether they exist or not. By doing certain things certain results follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them"
>>
>>17483722
Annoyed to say that I agree with you.
Maybe we need to start doing occult threads with more focus on spiritual development than "magic".
>>
>>17484412
OK, how can I, an average serf, develop more spiritually?
>>
>>17483856
Look in the mega folder. https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Alternatively, I can personally recommend Manly P. Hall's The Secret Teachings of All Ages.
>>
>>17484412
You should be happy with the ongoing growth of the digital library, and it's not rare to get interesting pieces of information from the comments.
>>
>>17484417
Read some Hermetica, study the alchemical Magnum Opus, work from there.

Spiritual development isn't as much about gaining abilities as the magicaboos would have you believe.
It's more about developing your consciousness to the point of freedom from base desires and instinct, then attaining wisdom and knowledge.
You don't have to be fucking Dumbledore to do that.
You don't even need any supernatural or religious beliefs.
I'm a pantheist, I don't believe in a deity or anything supernatural.
Yet I am still perfectly able to follow the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus.
>>
File: f1339425207.jpg (99 KB, 649x873) Image search: [Google]
f1339425207.jpg
99 KB, 649x873
Wizard posting from library. Questions?
>>
>>17483482
Picture makes me think of walking into the water and out the underside of the other shores reflection.
>>
>>17484425
I certainly agree with you on that, but the fact is that people wanting to learn about the philosophical side of the occult might be put off by all this talk of spells and powers. There's a veritable treasure trove of hidden knowledge that people of all faiths (or lack of faiths) could benefit from, but the idea of magic is frankly off-putting for most people.
>>
I want to introduce a friend of mine to Hermeticism, but I'm finding it hard to explain. He told me he's really interested in secret teachings (massive stoner), but he doesn't know anything about it. Is there a good, succinct introduction around? I can't remember exactly how I got into it but I've gone way too deep and every time I try to explain it I start rambling.
>>
>>17484452
rap
>>
>>17484441
That would require moderation of comments to work. Maybe you should send everyone to The Well of Galabes blog.

>>17484452
Succinct doesn't mix with Hermeticism. It requires dedication.
In a short few words, there are other levels of reality (calling those dimensions like in science fiction is quite bad, but it should suffice for a start), and magic practice helps one to perceive said levels.
>>
>>17484438
How do I know if my wizard hat is comically big enough? How am I supposed to keep is pointy, but not too pointy?
>>
Is Chaos Magick really that bad?
>>
>>17484452
Start him out with the Kybalion. It's modern hermeticism and kinda whitewashed with new age-isms but it's a lot easier to read than the ancient stuff and should appeal to your stoner friend. From there I would recommend The Secret Teachings of All Ages. This book is somewhat biased toward a Freemason perspective but is worth it for the discussions of ancient philosophy at the beginning alone. After he has some sort of understanding of the history of the occultism and philosophy and religion (reading the entire book is not necessary), I would finally suggest The Corpus Hermeticum.
>>
>>17484394
>2016
>being a crowleycuck
of course you can't see through the gaping logical and hypocritical hole in his """"reasoning""""
>>
>>17484492
Chaos is the essence of magic. Every big name occultist who created their own system realized the truth of chaos.

The only problem with chaos magic is that certain self-identified practitioners only read one or two books and then never do any magic except for wanking off on sigils.
>>
>>17484504
Crowley may be a steaming pile of shit, but truth is truth, no matter who says it.
>>
>>17484504
>Crowleycuck
Can you explain what this means, please?
>>
>>17484471
I recommend the plush velvet wizard hats they give away at mardi gras in new orleans.
>>
>>17484493
This is sound advice and more or less the path I took when starting to look into hermetics. There are some other related supplemental books related to the Kybalion (the names escape me at the moment) from the same publisher/author. I can try and find my copies for specific names.
>>
>>17484517
It means he doesn't like it, and projects his insecurity through /pol/ memes.
>>
>>17484441
>people wanting to learn about the philosophical side of the occult might be put off by all this talk of spells and powers
Never stopped anthropologists, students of comparative religion, neuropsychologists, or, yes, even philosophers (see Levinas).

> but the idea of magic is frankly off-putting for most people.
And I'm here to accommodate them...why?
>>
>>17484517
It refers to thelemites and the like who derive erotic pleasure from irrationally postrating themselves to some dead drug addict. You'll know them by quoting Crowley instead of actually thinking for themselves, excessive use of 93s, internally inconsistent beliefs, and a hostile rejection of anything that doesn't conform to Crowley's areas of superstitous interest.

>And I'm here to accommodate them...why?
You're the comedy relief. :^)
>>
>>17477612

Your question is based on a fallacy. You don't "charge" sigils, you let them sink into the depths of the Self that is the source of any true power. The sigil form is to help your intent to slip past the conscious and unconscious levels of the mind.
>>
>>17484822

define self
define true power
stop using fruity and unclear language
what is it you're actually physically doing, or thinking?
>>
>>17481363

That's not even a half-lotus, you moron, that's the "easy" pose. Or a piss poor attempt, at least. Funny how someone could fuck up an asana whose very name itself is "easy"!
>>
>>17484813
One ability you have to develop when studying magic from books that can be a couple of centuries old, is to extract useful information. I'm no fan of any writer. I posted that quote in >>17484394
because I find it very useful to make skeptics and their assorted ilk at least to consider that certain phenomena are possible.
>>
>>17481760

Probably not. Magic is not synonymous with miracles. It has to be something within the realm of probability in the first place.
>>
>>17482927
>>17483293

You realize, don't you, that those are the same guy?
>>
>>17484813
>who derive erotic pleasure from irrationally postrating themselves to some dead drug addict.
Good thing no Thelemite here worships Crowley.

>You'll know them by quoting Crowley instead of actually thinking for themselves
"I do not want to father a flock ... I want each man to cut his own way through the jungle."

>a hostile rejection of anything that doesn't conform to Crowley's areas of superstitious interest.
Again, good thing I post and talk about things well outside of Crowley's recommendations and precepts.

>I am the comedy relief
Well, at least you're amused! Any other services I may provide?
>>
>>17483909
>developing spiritually is superior

"Developing spiritually" is a pretty subjective phrase and, in my experience, one most often embraced by the most delusional.
>>
>>17484843
I know it's not half lotus, I'm simply saying that his pose indicates to me that he could not wrap up in half lotus with decent pants - though yes, I agree that it's rather off putting to see a lineal head, even if it's for a FB pic, unable to sit.
>>
>>17484688
Perhaps you might disagree but I always viewed the talk of siddhis and development of supernatural powers to be an example of skillfull means or upaya. In so many words, (in my opinion) it is a white lie designed to convince those who crave power over other to pursue the spiritual path and gain true power -- over their self.
>>
>>17484552

It's William Walker Atkinson. He also wrote under the names Swami Panchadasi and Yogi Ramacharaka, among others.
>>
>>17484881
>Good thing no Thelemite here worships Crowley.
>says the biggest crowleycuck in this thread

>"I do not want to father a flock ... I want each man to cut his own way through the jungle."
>says the guy who formed multiple cults around himself

>Again, good thing I post and talk about things well outside of Crowley's recommendations and precepts.
>says the guy who only talks about Crowley crap and things related to Crowley crap

>Well, at least you're amused! Any other services I may provide?
>says the unemployed wizard roleplayer
>>
>>17484914
Sure.

That said I just added an academic text to the library about the Siddhis that seems to take the whole corpus of thought p. seriously.

You could take the concept a lot of ways; and I certainly make no assertions which should take precedence over your preferred Sutras, Tantras, Puranas, Agamas, etc.
>>
>>17484923
>All this projection and seething rage.
Do you wanna sit down and talk about what's bothering you?
>>
>>17484923
>says the guy who only talks about Crowley crap and things related to Crowley crap
see
>>17484930
>>17475701
>>17477788
etc., also pertaining to your first comment. I mean it's cute you feel the need to lie in a thread that has posts indicating otherwise like a hundred replies above you.

>>17484918
I feel like he's a better yogi than Hermeticist, but that's only my feelpinion.

>unemployed
I'm a GA, m8.
>>
>>17484837

Yeah sure, I've got nothing better to do than sit here and argue semantics with a pseudo-skeptic.
>>
>>17484955
>I feel like he's a better yogi than Hermeticist

I think he was just using the term "hermetic" because it sounded good. His books aren't really all that bad, especially the ones published under his own name.
>>
>>17474010
Much appreciated
>>
>>17484957

That's not semantics.
Describe, step by step, physically, what you're actually doing, or what you're thinking.
When you do that, you'll see it's incredibly silly.
It'll probably be something like, "I drew a symbol, and then I sat down, and then I imagined the symbol in my mind."
>>
File: tumblr_o1huncn0bg1ul6yzmo1_540.jpg (74 KB, 540x547) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1huncn0bg1ul6yzmo1_540.jpg
74 KB, 540x547
>>17484986
An artist creates art for display at his MFA showing or to be sold on the market. This is rarely if ever regarded as silly, unless you don't like postmodern art, in which case it only applies to postmodern art.

An occultists makes a piece of art for devotion and his own aesthetic edification, but not for mass market consumption or display. Now, what makes this silly?

>mfw Guattari & Deleuze were right
>>
>>17484986

"Incredibly silly" is trolling a forum where people discuss subjects that you don't like in a pathetic attempt to feel smug and superior. I manage to get things done, that's all the "proof" I need. The how or the why are irrelevant, whether you approve or not.
>>
>>17484425
>Reading = doing magic
>discussing magic and getting "interesting pieces of information from the comments" = understanding magic

Armchair magicians, ladies and gentlemen!
>>
>>17485154
>lets shit on those who like comfortable chairs
>even though I have no idea how often anyone ITT practices
>also, ignore that prizes are handed out each year in purely theoretical subjects that only require pen and paper
>also ignore the significant minority of esoteric works in the last century developed from study and reasoning (Varieties of Religious Experience, Totality and Infinity, etc.).
>>
When I meditate and focus on the spot between my brows, I find that I'm straining my eyes.
Is this normal?
>>
>>17484323
Not slick at all. He needs to hire a web designer

>>17483864
erry thread

>>17483888
>Trips!
waste of post though

>>17484000
Trips!
I would say most of the people in this thread

>>17484007
Not a magical organisation at all. It's mostly old men doing charitable work. You can leave any time you want.

>>17484088
>dubs
kek, it's the most complicated concept in Thelma

>>17484096
erry thread

>>17484108
not a religion thread

>>17484333
>Trips!
From what I've read so far he seems to have his shit more together than most

>>17484376
danke-shan and good luck

>>17484412
no one is stopping from making any thread you'd like.
>>17484419
should be in audio format in the ear
>>17484440
:) transition
>>17484512
this. it's become synonymous with lazy and egotistical and calling other people armchairs
>>
>>17474010
>>17474010

couple of guys from /omg/ on the /x/ discord, try ur luck there if no1 here helps you out :~)

https://discord.gg/0k3oVnvCQfOo7cIi
>>
>>17484813
If these people exist, then I find their stupidity exceeds any good, so their ideas can be ignored.

I cannot have bad qualities such as the ones you listed, because they are unbecoming of me. If I say something, then it should be in full confidence and tested many times over at the base minimum. As far as I know "Crowley" and "Eliphas Levi" are men through which truth can shine. They are fallible men though, which is a characteristic of prophets since time immemorial. The lesser are chosen to take a lofty message because the gods favor such folk. Also "the first shall be last and the last first" in a way of speaking.

Cults are against the principals of the A.'. A.'. - as is a focus on one influence, such as Thelema.
>>
>>17485256
>Not a religion thread.
Look at the post above it, friendo.
>>
Ok guys; a question about attachement: Why is so much important?

What do you understand as attachment? Can one be a wizard and still having loved ones, kids and a dog? Or one must abandon them Rasputin style?

Also, what about the ego? Why must one destroy it in order for magic to work / work right?
>>
>>17485230
Sorta. Don't hurt yourself, and just get to the point where it feels you've exercised your eye muscles.

>>17485256
>I would say most of the people in this thread
>>17484000
I work in group when I can but desu it's hard to find folks who can keep pace.

>>17484088
You still around?
>Love, Agape
An expression of both Platonic interest in the brotherhood of Man and the charioting of man unto woman.

>Will
With the capital W it implies True Will which is elaborated on in AC's comments rather than the holy texts themselves. It is the natural trajectory of your being. It is also an expression of existential purpose. I'm still undecided if I feel True Will implies predestination. I'm inclined not to, to a certain degree. AC viewed the most pure expression of your True Will as to be revealed by the Angel.

>Law
Fundamental devotion to the above precepts. The construction of Order from the chaostastrophe of your existence. Serious adherence to the Oaths of Speech and Silence. Following the pathways laid by folks who have covered similar territory before, and altering them to fit the time and place you find yourself.

>There is no Grace, there is no Guilt. This is the Law: Do what thou wilt.
>>
>>17485309
Yeah, I'm still around. Thank you

How did you find a group? Occultists Meet?
>>
If I went to get into this just by pure intuition and disregarded much reading (everything I seem to read looks fake as fuck, contradictory with other sources and after all, they are only rituals to trigger something that is already inside me) should I be warned about some common mistakes/fatal errors? Which magical pitfalls should I watch for?
>>
>>17485309
>The Mass of the Phoenix
My favorite line goes "My breast I beat..."
>>
>>17485303
>Ok guys; a question about attachement: Why is so much important?
Because attachments determine expressions of Karma and Dharma. The sex fiend shall reap the karma and dharma of flesh. The ascetic will reap the karma and dharma of solitude. The Thelemite will reap the karma and dharma of Will, while the Master of the Temple has left his fields of karma and dharma fallow to grow strange new species.

>What do you understand as attachment
If you can't reasonably do without it, you're attached. This isn't, necessarily, a bad thing.

>can you be a wizard and have X
Absolutely, just don't be a little bitch when the house burns down in their sleep while you're out fetching formula. Also, don't be a lazy faggot if everything goes 110% as planned. Stasis is the only death, and attachment facilitates stasis. This is why cycles of depression are so hard to break, it becomes a self-sustaining feedback loop.

You can do as you please. Know that many groups have a householder tradition. The karma and dharma of ascesis is not for everyone. It's not better or worse, just different.

>What to do about the Ego?
Cultivate it through repeated trial by fire and Dark Night. Shatter it and fill in the cracks with gold until all that's left is a vessel of precious metal rather than clay.

The only ego death is true death. Otherwise, in some capacity, something comes back. Ego death is a convenient starter metaphor for the processes of excretion and exaltation implied in some of the mystical texts. Surely by that time comes you're already dead compared to who you once were.
>>
QUESTION: so you people all contact outside entities here?

Like an external intelligence (like aliens) that can help you do things?

Why aren't you using this power to help humanity? maybe finding the cure for aids, finding missing people or preventing disasters?
>>
>>17485335
Yes, you're not a special snowflake. You're not a reincarnation of Odin or some fuckin' vidya character. You are You, no more, no less. Accept nothing and deny nothing. Understand that you can only get so far without retracing your path of old knowledge with newfound discipline. This tends to be called Initiation, but it need not always be conferred by an order or guru. Stay watchful of the ordeals. You will, eventually, find something that strikes your interest. Chase it as far as your legs will carry you. You may reject textual methods but do understand that much of what you're doing will be covered by someone, somewhere, and it will be eventually be worth your while to peek over their shoulder.

>>17485323
OTO has a website, most larger towns at least have some sort of discussion groups at a coffee house.
>>
>>17485341
What is Karma and Dharma? for you, at least? The internet is a bitch when searching for new age topics, everybody has its own definition

>>17485341
>Absolutely, just don't be a little bitch when the house burns down in their sleep while you're out fetching formula. Also, don't be a lazy faggot if everything goes 110% as planned. Stasis is the only death, and attachment facilitates stasis.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that getting into magic will hurt those around me? or just that is harder to keep an open and proper mindset when you're engaged to other people?
>>
>>17485360
>Why aren't you using this power to help humanity?
What do you think I'm doing posting a library valued at, bare minimum, half a million dollars?

>maybe finding the cure for aids
Apply that criticism to yourself. The vast majority of regulars here are professionals or have been educated and are attempting to help in whatever capacity seems the best expression of ability and inclination.

>finding missing people
It'd be an interesting counter-experiment to the usual psychics brought in by police, although it probably comes down to there being very few entities actually interested in giving back what they take...

>preventing disasters
You seem to have movie ideas of magick. Rain in a pinch is one thing, preventing prevailing winds from slamming a massive hurricane into this or that coast is probably beyond the capacity of the vast majority of those alive.

Do an experiment yourself; crack open Lemegeton, summon an entity from there and YOU ask it for anything you mentioned and see what the reply is.

You'd be shocked at how little Babylonian river goddesses care about mass murder.
>>
>>17485363
I'm fairly interested on the runes, actually; but you guys make it sound like if I start doing divination or other practises with them without reading like 5 yoga books and opening nine chakras first, my whole kundalini system will explode or something. I've been doing a rune-based banishing ritual lately. I just made it up using some meanings I read about them, but now it feels like I go through life with a loaded gun. Feels good, man
>>
>>17485385
I take the Jain perspective, roughly.

Karma is like dust that obscures the gem of your soul. It's gained through attachments. Everyfuckin' thing you do causes a gain in karma of some kind. Every time you speak, every time you touch an object, and the more time you spend around 'stuff', the worse it gets.

>I don't understand your point. Are you saying that getting into magic will hurt those around me? or just that is harder to keep an open and proper mindset when you're engaged to other people?
Yes.

>>17485405
Divination's starter material, you're fine. One of the first specializations they ask out of you in the A.'.A.'. is to pick a divination system and master it.
>>
>>17485390
too scared to summon anything man. I would not know what to do once i manage to do it. That's why I ask you if that was possible.
>>
>>17485412
BUT FUCK, why should anyone get into a hobby in which you're clearly stating that will get all those you love in trouble? Are you all psychos or wat
>>
>>17485420
>hobby
Anon, I don't think you understand.

>you're clearly stating
I was trying to be purposefully ambiguous there; my point is rather that the only things that are most deserving of your love are your Godforms, your Angel, and your Guru, in that rough order. Devote to these and family and peers follow.

Also, people wreck themselves with magick, it happens all the time. The warnings are literally everywhere, so don't be shocked when you try something beyond your capacity and get your shit pushed in.
>>
>>17485420
other one, keep on an open mind. It poses no danger to those around you.
>>
>>17485435
>get your shit pushed in
enochian powers are Yuge faggots.
>>
File: 226.png (424 KB, 1280x1943) Image search: [Google]
226.png
424 KB, 1280x1943
>>17485360
HIV is much a problem of the physical plane. A highly mutating RNA virus that attacks the immune system cells is tough to control.
Clairvoyance to prevent disasters often blowbacks spectacularly. Know this Anon: many times you have no clairvoyance: entities tell you the future--and they can lie. The image I included for your amusement is from a book called "The Mammoth Book of UFOs" by some Lynn Picknett. Page was retrieved from Google Books.
>>
>>17485420
A special big no is to practice ritual magic and invocation in your house when you have small children. If that's your case, forget about it.
>>
>>17485360
>completely misunderstanding everything
Things exist because they are meant to exist. Your association to them is irrelevant
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.