[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got good /x/ aprooved anime? I'm looking for more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1426992468517.gif (911 KB, 422x585) Image search: [Google]
1426992468517.gif
911 KB, 422x585
Anyone got good /x/ aprooved anime? I'm looking for more of a bizarre and macabre tone than I am action and or comedy, or drama. So no Hellsing, Haruhi, Higurashi type stuff. I've already seen them.

Also has anyone seen the animated adaptation if Franz Kafka's A Country Doctor? Does that fall under the bizarre and macabre tone I'm talking about?
>>
I like Mushi-shi.
Paranormal investigator in ancient Japan.
Melancholic and quiet tone.
>>
Lain
>>
File: lain.gif (273 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
lain.gif
273 KB, 500x370
>>17452476
"Serial Experiments Lain"

Also, "Ghost Hound"
>>
File: ITT_CURSE.jpg (22 KB, 395x480) Image search: [Google]
ITT_CURSE.jpg
22 KB, 395x480
Ajinn
Technolyze
Dimension W
Fate is cool
>>
I like Mushi-shi.
Paranormal investigator in ancient Japan.
Melancholic and quiet tone.
>>
>>17452526
>>17452537
wut
>>
Any ideas where Shiki, Another, and Requiem from the Darkness falls? Are those more action drama with macabre bizarre undertones?
>>
>>17452530
I've seen Lain, fuckin fantastic show. I'll put ghost hound on the list.
>>
>>17452476
See >>17448702
>>
Paranoia Agent?
Paprika is a full length animated movie by the same guy and it's good too.
>>
File: image.jpg (313 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313 KB, 1280x800
A steampunk supernatural frankenstein movie came out recently.
Shisha no teikoku: empire of corpses.
It's a movie that progresses well. When the 'part one' ends you think its the end of the movie but it's not. All the characters have historical/fictional book names ie: john watson from sherlock and friday from crusoe. Their names mean nothing to the characters, just lazy writers imo.
To me, it was the kind of anime movie that answers everything and nothing all at the same time.
>pic related
>>
>>17454111
But godamn, the steampunk gives me boners.
That thing in the background? Thats how the frankensteins live. That design. It so fucking awesome I'm gonna watch this movie again.
>>
Boogiepop Phantom
>>
File: megumi3.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
megumi3.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
>>17452582
>Shiki
Megumi's final death was so fucking satisfying.
>>
Shin sekai youri or from the new world. I really can't recommend this anime enough. Please for the love of fuck watch this anime. I promise you will never see the world the same again. And it's a great rewatch. Every time I watch it I learn something new and it fucks with my perception of society and the human race.
>>
>>17454876
I distinctly remember thinking, "We ARE Shin Sekai Yori. This IS our world," at some point while watching it. Our world is ruled by fear just as much as theirs is.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.