[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinions Thread Get it off your chest. Share your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: Chris Bores.jpg (22 KB, 523x523) Image search: [Google]
Chris Bores.jpg
22 KB, 523x523
Unpopular Opinions Thread

Get it off your chest. Share your most unpopular of retro gaming opinions.
>>
>>3139534
Atari 2600 was good
>>
I enjoy 99% of games I play on some level and think all the "this game sucks" "no this game sucks more" conversations are repetitive and boring. I wish people could just enjoy games for their good parts rather than get so stuck on the bad ones.
>>
Only retards call the first PlayStation of 'PSX'
>>
I spend a lot of money on Video Games and Systems and yet i only play Donkey Kong. Literally i only play DK.
>>
60fps isn't high framerate, it's the bare minimum tolerable framerate.
>>
>>3139561
on what?
>>
>>3139563
5th gen must have really sucked for you.
>>
>>3139572
Yes. It's much worse than 3rd and 4th gen.
>>
>>3139565
Mame with a fightstick
>>
>>3139561
>I spend a lot of money on Video Games and Systems and yet i only play Donkey Kong. Literally i only play DK.
Do you also play OutRun by any chance? Cause I know someone kinda like you.
>>
Arcade games are real games, everything else is just novelty.

Only people who suffer from severe testosterone deficiency play JRPGs.

Video games used to be made for smart people, now they're made for dumb people.
>>
>>3139603
>Arcade games are real games, everything else is just novelty.
A rom in a Cabinet isn't more of a game than anything else.
>Only people who suffer from severe testosterone deficiency play JRPGs.
kek
>Video games used to be made for smart people, now they're made for dumb people.
Pretty much.
>>
Gaming turned to shit after the 4th gen. It was more about "OOOH CUTTING EDGE" bullshit rather than gameplay
>>
File: 1424388123954.jpg (229 KB, 750x721) Image search: [Google]
1424388123954.jpg
229 KB, 750x721
A vast majority of the NES library is garbage even before AVGN came along

PSX resolution was far too low to see more than 15 feet in front of you in racing games despite having the best selection of that generation

most crt/dot matrix filters are fucking fine. get over it
>>
>>3139630
>A rom in a Cabinet isn't more of a game than anything else.

I meant arcade style. Though I do believe that actual arcade games were the best ever made.
>>
>>3139668
>A vast majority of the NES library is garbage

I feel the same way about the SNES. Back in the day it was my favorite console, but now I struggle to find games for it that I enjoy. Smash TV and Super Turrican are still fun, but not much else.
>>
Star fox adventures>every other game in the series
>>
>>3139534
Final Fantasy is a garbage series.
>>
>>3139603
Wow really tough and manly dude, I'm really impressed by your supposed masculinity.

Grow the fuck up, "only arcade games are games" make you sound like a faggot. I hate jrpgs but can give two shits if people like them. I agree on your last point, games have been dumbed down.
>>
>>3139675
that's not /vr/
>>
>>3139575
>implying 3rd and 4th gen were usually 60fps

top kek, i'm guessing you stayed away from the NES and SNES
>>
>>3139680 < other autists
>>
File: Chrono.jpg (472 KB, 857x600) Image search: [Google]
Chrono.jpg
472 KB, 857x600
Chrono Trigger sucks.
>>
Emulation is just as good, in fact better than playing the actual hardware (mainly because of the prices of this shit these days). I don't get that bullshit that it is any better to play it on the "real thing". That's like saying I need to listen to music on records and digital music doesn't count.
>>
>>3139697
>Saying I need to play the actual game carts is like saying I need to listen to music on records
Great comparison.
>>
File: ProjectAKO293292.jpg (62 KB, 388x319) Image search: [Google]
ProjectAKO293292.jpg
62 KB, 388x319
Anime is better than video games
>>
>>3139704
What about Anime video games
>>
3D platformers were an uninspired drag.
>>
>>3139534
Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4,5 is so much better in PS1 than PC it's not even funny

>Tomb Raider 1
>on PS1, reflections, shiny gold lara, save crystals, music
>on PC, save anywhere noobs, less effects no music
>Tomb Raider 2
>on PS1, better lighting, flares actually illuminate, animated menu backdrop
>on PC, worse lighting, everything is bright, flares are useless
>Tomb Raider 3
>on PS1, footprints, colourful lighting, awesome crystal based save system, no bugs, more graphical effects, perfect light/dark balance
>on PC, no footprints, bad lighting, everything is either too black, or too white, bugs, it's shit
>Tomb Raider 4
>on PS1, footprints, less bugs
>on PC, still no footprint, it has more effects but they are buggy, like blue tinted fog
>Tomb Raider 5
>on PS1, footprint, good colour balance
>on PC, STILL NO FOOTPRINTS, full of begs, the high resolution makes Tomb Raider graphics show it's age badly

Also
Tomb Raider 1-5 with a dualshock >>>> Tomb Raider 1-5 on a shitty keyboard
>>
>>3139679
Dude, it's just an opinion. And it's an unpopular one, and that's why I mentioned it in this topic. If you're going to be so easily offended, then perhaps you should leave this thread.
>>
People who complain about tank controls are severely retarded.

On average, modern games are better than retro games. 'Average' being the defining word here.

Classical WRPGs > Classical JRPGs.

>>3139679
You sound like a massive faggot.
>>
>>3139746
I agree. There is nothing wrong with tank controls. Sure better control schemes have been made since then, but it only took me a couple minutes to get used to it.
>>
JRPGs are fucking trash and I don't know people see in them.
>>
Original carts on original consoles is the best way to play a game. Flashcarts are good. Emulation is okay.

There are more good Master System games than N64 games.

Most of the Saturn library is over hyped.

Genesis sounds is better than people make it out to be.
>>
Mega Man 4 is better than Mega Man 3.
>>
File: Mega Man 4 Cover.jpg (30 KB, 256x360) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man 4 Cover.jpg
30 KB, 256x360
>>3139771
>Mega Man 4 is better than Mega Man 3.
Lots of gamers share that opinion. I'm one of them.
>>
Nothing post-Dreamcast should EVER be on here. In fact, I'd support a board for discussing pre-N64/PS1 only. Not really sure if this would be unpopular, persay, though the last part would probably be unpopular.

I have no problem with retrogqming "e-celebs," so long as the genuinely care about the subject matter and aren't just pursuing a fad.

More people interested in old games is a bad thing for the community (and yes, I understand that my previous position would likely feed into this problem) by exposing it to more profiteers and fad followers.
>>
>>3139683
NES and SNES are almost entirely 60fps, with occasional slowdown depending on how well programmed the game was. Some have no slowdown at all.
>>
File: MM8.jpg (329 KB, 770x789) Image search: [Google]
MM8.jpg
329 KB, 770x789
Mega Man 8 is the best in the series.

Solid gameplay, gorgeous art style, neat cutscenes and one hell of a soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd28yEIABpc
>>
File: epic meme.png (286 KB, 550x338) Image search: [Google]
epic meme.png
286 KB, 550x338
Delivering my opinion in the only way I know how, dank memes.
>>
>>3139807
Most SNES games have slowdown
>>
>>3139534
>>3139534
Super castlevania IV is my personal favorite of the series and IMO it's epitome.
Joe and Mac series is underrated and deserving of praise
Super Mario 2 (American) is best Mario
Feels good
>>
>>3139857

>Super Mario 2 best Mario

my fucking dreamin' nigger.
>>
Resellers and the bubble are actually beneficial to the finite supply of retro games. If these games weren't worth anything (as was true at one point) then everyone would be throwing them out (which was also true) and the finite supply would be even worse than it is now. With the rise of eBay and the Internet, any grandma who found their son's NES games in the attic can look them up and see they're actually worth something, so they decide to hang on or sell them instead of dumping and destroying them.

As a result if/when the retro bubble pops, there will be more surviving games to go around then there would have been without.
>>
>>3139864
Spoken like a true underageb&.
>>
>>3139852
The SNES is crippled by the slow CPU. I mostly play Genesis games, which rarely have slowdown.
>>
File: 1376496421065.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1376496421065.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>3139857
IV was the best
>>
>>3139746
Who complains about tank controls? I hear some idiots complain about mega man legends but that's about it.
>>
This is by far my favorite Sid Meier game.
>>
>>3139857
>Super castlevania IV is my personal favorite of the series and IMO it's epitome.
That's hardly unpopular. You'll always have shitposters who call it shit, or people who didn't like it as much as others, but IV is well regarded since it came out, before any e-celeb stuff (before anyone claims anything)
>>
>>3139772
I agree 100%.. I don't even care for MM 3 that much. Great game but one of my least faves in the NES series
>>
>>3139821
That intro with the animation and the music is fuckin amazing. I had it cycle a few times because I was trying to get my controller to work and it blew me away
>>
>>3139848
Why do people love to shit on the Sonic series so much? Jesus.. I mean its not the best platformer ever but 1-3 are great games for their time. I'd honestly rather play Sonic 1 and 2 rather than the Mario 1 and 3 at this point, which I am horribly burnt out of at this point because everyone keeps bringing it up
>>
File: 1355472713074.png (8 KB, 463x300) Image search: [Google]
1355472713074.png
8 KB, 463x300
>>3139910

Good taste, anon. The intro is incredible and memorable.
>>
>>3139848
hivemind moron plz go
>>
DK64>SM64
>>
>>3139916
>Why do people love to shit on the Sonic series so much?
The fanbase.
>>
Doom is the most overrated game of all time.
>>
I like Hydlide. If you don't like Hydlide, you are probably a faggot.
>>
>>3139989
Mario Kart is the most overrated franchise of all time. Whenever a kart game is released now everyone screams MK CLONE!!!! Even though most of those Kart games are a million times better than MK.
>>
File: 1453680670477.png (410 KB, 598x460) Image search: [Google]
1453680670477.png
410 KB, 598x460
>>3139534
>deus ex is the most overrated game i have ever played
>terranigma isnt that great as people claim to be
>people who say zelda 2 is the best are tryhard hipsters trying to get e-cred
>pokemon gen 1 is the best pokemon game and no gen can ever catch the same magic it did
>>
3D was a mistake.
>>
I like the original super mario land much more than most of the other nario games.
>>
>>3139980
Eh, almost all fanbases are terrible to some degree. Not to say its own isn't mostly littered with garbage, but still..
>>
Megaman legends is the best megaman game.

If you don't like RPGs, you have no fucking imagination and cannot immerse yourself into a medium

Crash is a good game, not the best, but to say it's fucking trash is full blown retard level shit.

I'm pretty sure most of you don't even like fucking video games because all you do is bitch.
>>
>>3140009
Video games were a mistake.
>>
Simon's Quest is the most fun Castlevania game.
>>
Continues, and to a lesser extent lives, are archaic mechanics that should have been phased out a lot sooner than they were. I don't want to have to go all the way back to the start of the level just because I died too many times, and I DEFINITELY don't want to have to go back to the start of the game just because I continued too many times. I've already proven I can do those first 3-4 levels, I shouldn't have to plod through them again just to get another shot at the boss I was stuck on. Dynamite Headdy is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of games that were hampered by the already antiquated continue system. It's a great game, but I'm not going to keep playing those first few levels over and over, just to eventually get further and then die again and be forced through the start of the game one more time. And then you can take a modern game in a retro style like Shovel Knight. Shovel Knight would have been unbearable if they implemented continues, and it would've been worse off for having lives too. The dark souls inspired loss of your money (that you can then try to retrieve from where you died) is a much more reasonable punishment and a vastly superior gameplay mechanic.
>>
>>3140036

You were a mistake.
>>
>>3140009
It killed the video game industry.
>>
File: 1404431051039.gif (146 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1404431051039.gif
146 KB, 300x375
>>3140061
>>
File: bzshot21.gif (9 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
bzshot21.gif
9 KB, 288x216
>>3140061

It was already doomed since FMVs were a thing in the late 80s/early 90s. Plus 3D has been a thing in gaming since before even 3rd gen systems.
>>
>>3140061
So gaming died in the mid-70's-early 80's then? Some of the earliest 3D games were from around that time ya know.
>>
Emulators are great, and so are filters; original hardware is overrated unless you're trying to play something that can't be emulated properly.

Turn-based RPGs are the most boring video games ever.
>>
>>3139576
its called arcade stick you mongrel
>>3139560
that was the original codename for it by sony you mongrel
>>3139561
you are amazing, keep it up
>>
>>3140091
i have the same exact opinions
i used to play pokemon intensely before realising how much time im wasting in something thats not really fun, but kinda satisfying just because you see some numbers go up every now and then
>>
>>3140082
No, gaming didn't die that soon because 3d was still in its infancy back then. But like a cancer, it grew and grew until it consumed everything that was good.
>>
>>3140095
>that was the original codename for it by sony you mongrel

People don't call the N64 the Ultra 64, or Dreamcast the Katana.
>>
>>3139697
Digital music and even FLACs and CDs are shit compared to a good vinyl with a good player.
>>
>>3139534
That is one ugly dog.
>>
>>3140125
It's the white trash dog of choice for a reason.
>>
>>3140125
He's cute in his ugliness though.
>>
>>3140041
>I've already proven I can do those first 3-4 levels, I shouldn't have to plod through them again just to get another shot at the boss I was stuck on

>being this correct
>>
>>3140114
Subjective. Some people don't like their music distorted.
>>
Emulator save states and internet walkthroughs have created a generation of babies that can't beat any game without handholding
>>
Yoshi's Island is easily one of the worst retro games featuring Mario and Luigi.

two of the three Zelda CD-I games (Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon) would be good games with better button assignments and better platforming elements.

Donkey Kong Country games suck ass.

Mario 64 sucks ass
>>
>>3140285
Alternatively, i honestly think Mario 64 is the best Mario game. And I grew up playing the NES Mario games since I was a kid. I was already 14-15 when the game came out
>>
>>3140294
I liked Sunshine better and consider it the best 3D Mario game. I never was a big fan of 3D Mario games anyway though.
>>
I find it difficult to sit through NES Mario games and much prefer the Sonic Genesis/CD games.

Yoshi's Island is the best Mario game.

I like sonic
>>
>>3140313

I remember playing it not long after it came out hoping it was as good as Mario 64 but I was disappointed. Not even sure why, but I really want to play that game again. I did play a bit on Dolphin emulator but it runs like shit. Looks like fun though. I need to pick up a game cube.
>>
>>3139534
That is one cute dog.
>>
>>3139871

>if I can't afford something, I'd rather it didn't exist at all
>>
>>3139989

I actually agree with this, no idea how it's still so popular. Maybe it's because I never got into modding it, only ever played the regular game, but while it was fun it didn't seem like any sort of magical 10/10 epitome of retro FPS game.
>>
>>3140041

>anti-difficulty fag

I, too, love it when games allow me to overcome challenges by slamming my face on them until I finally manage to squeak by rather than actually getting good at the game.
>>
>>3140285

This might be the most hipster contrarian post ITT.
>>
Even most of the "good" NES games are trash, literally anybody that thinks that its better then SNES/Genesis is a hipster.

Legend of Zelda and Crash Bandicoot are the most overrated retro franchises of all time, the only quality from either of them is the soundtrack.

Emulation until N64 is so good that it is nearly impossible to distinguish from the actual console. Handhelds post N64 also have near perfect emulation. Considering this, it is absolutely foolish to spend money on those consoles. People who say its "just not the same" clearly don't know emulation enough considering that you can either apply a CRT filter or get a CRT monitor, plus considering the PCs wide range of inputs due to addons and crap, you can use practically any controller, so you can actually have a better time with emulation because you can use superior controllers to those consoles.

Most JRPGs (See: Pokemon, anything with unskippable dialogue boxes lasting more then five minutes in the beginning) are some of the most overrated games I've ever played. I fucking hate games where you can't skip dialogue because usually almost nothing meaningful happens plus it makes extra playthroughs a pain.

>>3139560
Truth

>>3139697
Truth unless if you count N64/PS1
>>
>>3140345
Agreed
>>
>>3139534
I think a game that was covered by an e-celeb that had an awful reputation for years before they made a review was shit.
>>
>>3140270
Not an opinion but a simple fact.
>>
>>3139886
Have you read any Resident Evil or Tomb Raider thread? Tank control discussions are common in them.
>>
File: Nervous.jpg (75 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
Nervous.jpg
75 KB, 600x700
>>3140034
>Megaman legends is the best megaman game.
>If you don't like RPGs, you have no fucking imagination and cannot immerse yourself into a medium
>Crash is a good game, not the best, but to say it's fucking trash is full blown retard level shit.
>I'm pretty sure most of you don't even like fucking video games because all you do is bitch.
Scarily accurate.
>>
Woah. I saw this thread this morning and it was a ghost town. Now there's over 100 replies. wtf happened?
>>
File: Face.jpg (79 KB, 580x539) Image search: [Google]
Face.jpg
79 KB, 580x539
>>3140478
>Woah. I saw this thread this morning and it was a ghost town. Now there's over 100 replies. wtf happened?
A thread like this allows more people to post unpopular opinions without a heavy backlash.
>>
>>3140481
Since when has backlash ever stopped people from calling <praised classic game> shit here?
>>
>>3140483
>Since when has backlash ever stopped people from calling <praised classic game> shit here?
It hasn't. But you're more likely to "get away" with such game-bashing in a thread like this one. Because that's the whole point.
>>
>>3140481
Most opinions here aren't really unpopular though. It's more like fishing for agreement.

Also, Earthbound is a snorefest.
>>
>>3140487
Most people here hate earthbound, you're proving your own point.
>>
>>3139534
The Sega Genesis is a shitty arcade machine and when I ask for suggestions on this board for serious, longer games I get laughed at and treated like shit.
>>
shmups are the only decent retro arcade games
stuff like beatemups and run n guns are just coin wasters
>>
>>3140492
Kind of, but there isn't a game which is universally loved here anyway. At least it doesn't get as much hate as FF.

/vr/ is a microcosmos anyway. It's well loved by people outside of it.
>>
File: 1446092065873.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1446092065873.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>3140496
Why the hell are you asking for longer games on a console you know mainly consists of short arcade ports?
>>
>>3140492
I think there's actually a silent majority here either like Earthbound or have an indifferent view of it. I'm a fan of the game but I gave up long ago trying to defend it because I know it's pointless to try.

Perhaps that in itself is an unpopular opinion
>>
>>3140492
Most of the hate for Earthbound are just people lashing out on it due to the annoying fanbase it attracts.
>>
The SNES has one of the most overrated libraries ever. Some pretty good games, sure, but Nintendo fanboys almost worship it.

The trilogy of overrated as fuck SNES rpgs are Earthbound (mediocre), Mario RPG (average), and Secret of Mana (shit). Chrono Trigger is overrated but it at least lives up to most of its hype. Same for FFIII.
>>
Here's some unpopular opinions:

All these guys who scream about preservation of media and greentext
>millennials
are fucking hypocrites.

Modern gaming isn't the death of gaming when it brings in more money than Hollywood movies. The complete opposite actually. Anyone who says otherwise is more upset that every single new game isn't completely tailored to only their needs.

"Game is shit" is not and never will be synonymous with "I don't like game." Stop thinking your personal preferences dictate whether a game is out is not poorly designed.
>>
>>3140501
Have to disagree, some games like mario 3, doom, and rollercoaster tycoon are loved here. Many people agree those are great, I feel those are all great games myself.
>>3140505
>>3140513
I think most hate for it is only the fanbase which is shitty. I love it and could care less if you hate it, as long as you actually tried it and justify why you don't like it that's fine. Unfortunately earthbound encompasses, or at least at one point did, everything despicable about retro game culture.
>>
Super Castlevania IV is the most fun and fluent Castlevania experience
>>
>>3139848
Generations is good at least
>>
>>3139560
this
>>
File: 1459751100893-4.jpg (353 KB, 746x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459751100893-4.jpg
353 KB, 746x1024
I'm not sure it's too controversial here but anything after the 2D era sucks and the NES/Famicom is the best console.

That being said the PSX is ten times the console the N64 ever was. Even counting the hidden gems it has like 30 good games, tops.

Savestates are okay as long as you save at the beginning or middle of a level. I don't want to start the game over, it should be as quick and timeless to try again as Super Meatboy.

Zelda 2 is still my favorite Zelda, haters can suck it.

If you weren't alive in the era that the game came out, you should stfu and not argue about the times even if you have a million Wikipedia sources backing up what you "know of the time".

The 80s was the greatest time in American history and I highly doubt we'll have another decade that is as awesome.
>>
Im STILL mad that they didnt make a video game based off the movie "Jerry Maguire"
>>
Collecting for the sake of collecting is absolutely disgusting and those who participate should be euthanized.
>>
>>3140623
I own the entire Sega Dreamcast, Genesis and Master System library. How mad are you?
>>
Sega CD was a cutting edge system for the time.

Never got into Gameboy much. Thought the lack of backlight and hard-to-see graphics looked like shit. I enjoyed it for a time in the early 90s but only as a novelty.
(Still need to check out a bunch of games though, but just saying)

Super Smash Bros is stupid and I don't get the appeal. It seems like a mash-buttons fest. Not very fun to me since it lacks any kind of strategy to me..
>>
>>3140637
Also, F Zero is better than the SNES Mario Kart, which probably was amazing back then but hasn't aged well, especially since they've remade it and improved it so many times since.
>>
File: 1456194919897.jpg (41 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456194919897.jpg
41 KB, 640x640
>>3139534
>people using PSX
>Pronouncing SNES
>WHY IS TURRICAN 2 SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!?
>Mario is is overrated, but just barely.
>I own 2 sonic games, I play neither.
>I owned a PVM before it was cool.
>Pokemon gen1 was the best. and I feel like those that think otherwise drank the fucking Kool-Aide.
>>
the dreamcast is the best home video game console ever made

in joint second are the psx and snes
>>
>>3140630
At the end of the day that's your problem, not mine.

You're a hoarder. Incredibly unhealthy lifestyle.
>>
>>3139534
I thought Sonic Adventure was good, as a kid at least.
>>
>>3140650
Gold and Silver was better in like every way. Better pokemon design, two regions, ability to fight Red, pokegear easier to get pokemon to 100 and night/day transitions.
>>
Other than NES, I never really cared about Nintendo.

In fact, I have somehow owned a Genesis, TurboGrafx, and Neo Geo, but not SNES.
>>
>>3140350
More.

Savestates are perfectly acceptable if the game is way too long to complete in one sitting (Super Mario Bros 3 without warps of course) or has a password system that is too much of a pain in the ass to type in (Metroid)

We absolutely should allow 6th gen once its 15 years after their discontinuation (So about 2021 if this website is still up) because things will become retro over time, plus if we are stuck with 1999 and below stuff, we'll run out of things to talk about. Not to mention the fact that we're breaking our own rules with the RCT general (RCT2 is from 2002)

Doom is one of the most overrated FPSs of all time due to shitty level design. By the logic of "Doom is the best FPS because it was the first to really start it", Pong is the best game of all time.
>>
>>3140034
>If you don't like RPGs, you have no fucking imagination and cannot immerse yourself into a medium
Well it really just depends on the game.

Actual RPG's with mechanics conducive to roleplaying, where you actually have to put some thought into which stats and skills you raise? Like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 1 and 2, Shin Megami Tensei? Yes.

Games that are basically just generic adventure games with some numbers thrown in, like the Final Fantasy series? Fuck no.
>>
>>3140104
i know people who do both.
honestly I think katana is such a fucking kickass name.
>>
File: 1440020554420.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440020554420.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>3139534
Here it goes.
People don't want to admit that we are invaded by /v/ anons and brush it of as uncalled for behavior or autism.
These /v/ invaders don't play video games games older than few years if any at all and this is a fact.
They come here thinking its like /v/ where shitposting is the culture forgetting that this board is like /k/ most of the guys are adults with day to day jobs,families,income and hobbies.
When /v/ invaders start shitpost memes they dont realize that meme without a background or topic is not funny for us and is just shitpost.
Since there are no mods here I have 20 filtered threads atm with filters I used for /tv/ and these are just pure pastas and shitposing.
This saddens me.

I find it funny how few people on youtube influence whole opinions on the board,example on /tv/ is RLM here is Pat and AVGN.
Why is it so hard to see that these people are in it for the money,they are there for entertainment everything you see take it with a spoon of salt.Jesus Christ people use your head for once.Someone says something on a internet podcast ups there goes up the price of 30yo video game,oh the one that said this had 10 copies of it and sold them all.

More games exists besides RE,SH,Donkey Kong,Mario and Sonic.
MORE GAMES PEOPLE why is it mandatory to argue over the same shit over and over.I dont understand
>>
If it has infinite lives, unrestricted save/load, or unlimited time, it's shit.
>>
File: 1460449954456.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460449954456.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>3139534
Donkey King country 3 is best DK
>>
>>3140743
u take internet forums 2 seriously
>>
>>3140774

(you)
>>
>>3140774
spotted the /v/ fag
>>
>>3140774
If you say so buddy but growing up i had BBS and later was mod and admin on few forums I know that good and laid back discussion for the stuff we love is possible.
Not everything has to be calling each other names and trolling.
>>
I prefer the remake of Resident Evil for GC over the original one. I find all Metroid games I played boring as hell.

>>3140743
>/vr/ is shit right now
Well yes that's not an unpopular opinion, I would say it's a fact. I browse this board for short periods of time over large periods of complete absence so I don't have a sense of progression. It was never excellent but certainly it was better. I think I got it though, it's not that /vr/ don't know how to behave properly and don't know how to not respond to shitposting. Nope, the thing is /vr/ actually consciously wants to be shit now. You know, because there's isn't enough places on the internet where you can be gratuitously offensive, hinder interesting discussion and show how much of a retard you can pretend to be, not realizing that you're indeed a retard.

Also I prefer Sonic 2 over Sonic 3.
>>
>>3140846

>/vr/ wants to be shit

No, /v/ wants /vr/ to be just a shit as /v/, that's why they keep pushing for non-retro consoles to magically become retro.
>>
>>3140114
You are so wrong. Vinyl has objectively worse sound than CD. Go look it up. And anyone can hear that like this anon said >>3140182
>>
>>3140864

This actually isn't true at all.
>>
>>3139534
In this era i prefer play some ps2 in HD on pcsx2 then newer PC game and i have a really good PC.
>>
>>3139696
Are you real?
>>
>>3139547
you are me
>>
>>3140350
Emu help you with turbo for part you cant skip
>>
>muh epic contrarian opinions
/V/ thread?
>>
>>3139534
threads like this are stupid
most people only post in these sort of threads to troll

oh wait, those aren't opinions, they are facts, what a silly mistake I have made.
>>
>>3140846
>Also I prefer Sonic 2 over Sonic 3.
I agree completely. I love Sonic 3, don't get me wrong, but I think they made the levels a little TOO detailed sometimes, making the level layout occasionally confusing. Sonic 2 doesn't have all of the cool shit added in, but it also doesn't feel like a time investment to replay.
>>
Sonic 3D games are very decent games. The only real flaws they have is poor cameras (forgivable for early 3D games) and a lack of content (and subsequent retreading as different characters to obscure this) that can probably be derived from their arcade origins.
>>
>>3140743
>MORE GAMES PEOPLE why is it mandatory to argue over the same shit over and over.I dont understand
But it we actually played games then we wouldn't have time to come and pointlessly argue about them.
Also bro for someone who claims to be an adult, you write like a 12 year old, and also claiming to have a life outside of this board, you sure know a lot about it's culture.
>>
>>3140846
>I prefer the remake of Resident Evil for GC over the original one.

Not unpopular
>>
>>3141209
Not everyone is from america smartass.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n7HTcmb5g

The Bramble stage music from Donkey Kong Country 2 is NOT a good song - in fact quite the opposite. It is screechy and among the most annoying musical compositions in video game history.
>>
>>3140104
>Dreamcast the Katana
Or Black Belt
>>
horror games are mostly just crappy slow games for an edgy audience
darkness looks awful in most videogames
>>
File: Aniki isn't pleased.gif (3 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Aniki isn't pleased.gif
3 MB, 300x225
People who claim that WRPG are different from JRPG when they only played a handful of games from each genre should just stop posting anytime

Morons who say that only twitch based action games like most SHMUPS are the only challenging games and arcade-ish games like Contra being the epitome of proper difficulty when they're literally cheap drugs made to eat your quarters are wearing the most powerful nostalgia goggles and should just stop posting anytime

Cunts who feel the need to write off entire genres out of their experiences of a grand total of 10 games at best or worse, out of shitty bias, should just stop posting anytime.

EOPs who make wrong assertions on a game's translation without having read its original script and knowing the language, be it for a japanese or non-english game, and say that it's totally good for translators to come up with Working Designs' tier translations should just stop posting anytime.

People who BAAAAAAAW about retro game remakes being ported to or developed for mobile platforms and localized AND at the same time bitch and beg for fantranslations of the original ones, no matter how awful they turn out to be(not like they can tell since in more than 20 years of their life they STILL haven't learned the target language they should have learned) should just stop posting anytime.

Assholes who bother people who don't minmax or get 300% out of a game, especially piss easy ones, should just stop posting anytime.

Idiots who call people who actually play games other than the handful of titles they played in their childhood and actually dig deep into genres and libraries and DARE like games other than the top 10 games chosen by the "community or "game critics" hipsters-*breathe*-shouldjuststoppostinganytime.

People who justify gratuitous shitposting with "board culture" should just go back to /v/ AND stop posting anytime.
>>
>>3139534
Contra Force is a legit fun game.
>>
>>3140591
Is it also too controversial to say le born in the rong generationers like this guy should go back to Youtube?
>>
File: 538a4072493e0.png (261 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
538a4072493e0.png
261 KB, 512x512
IV is the worst Final Fantasy game

II is decent, it's neither the worst thing ever nor it is the Holy Grail of video gaming like this board seems to think

Chrono Trigger is good but definitely has major competition

Earthbound is on the same tier as perfect SNES mediocrities like Secret of the Stars or Paladin Quest and is hands down the most overrated video game in history

Retro purism is hella stupid, and I like CRTs and collecting /vr/ stuff. Frame-perfect emulation and scanlines are not necessary for enjoying a video game
>>
File: picture.png (109 KB, 378x335) Image search: [Google]
picture.png
109 KB, 378x335
/vr/ is actually the most oblivious, dumbest and childish place on the internet to talk about games, hardware or emulation. just sayin
>>
>>3141492
>/vr/ is actually the most oblivious, dumbest and childish place on the internet to talk about games, hardware or emulation. just sayin
What's a better place then?
>>
>>3139757
>There are more good Master System games than N64 games.
There are more good Master System games than NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U games.
>>
>>3141501
/v/ obviously
>>
>>3141492
>>3141536
Too many people offering the problem, but not the solution. If there's better places than /vr/, then tell us where they are.
>>
>>3139794
Once upon a time, classic car shows only featured pre-WWII vehicles.
>>
>>3140350
>Emulation until N64 is so good that it is nearly impossible to distinguish from the actual console. Handhelds post N64 also have near perfect emulation.
Imagine being this delusional.
>>
>>3141545
People like this idiot who post drunk nostalgic ramblings about old games should be euthanized. This is Youtube comment section tier.
>>
>>3141467
Sadly I'm in my mid 30s and I'm still posting on a Cambodian sock puppet forum.
>>
>>3141550
The solution is for you to become a better person, not invade some "better place" and turn it into shit.
>>
The best 3D games have better gameplay than the best 2D games.
>>
>>3139696
what? the fuck games do you like to play then?
>>
>>3141601
Games that have a challenge and require motor skills...
>>
>>3141583
tbf he does outright mention liquor in his post
>>
>>3139534
Metal Slug 3 is the best game ever. EVER

I know it's a popular opinion to think MS3 is amazing and etc., but I believe nothing ever came close.
>>
SMB3 is the worst Mario.
>>
>>3140653
second
dreamcast came up with everything first and didnt charge money for it
>>
Yuropoor Commodore 64 games are overrated and not as great as they claim they are.

FPSes in general are overrated.

People who claim the best era of gaming was the one from their childhood should not be taken seriously.

6th gen games should be allowed on here; after all, the PS2 is not far from 20 years old.

There's nothing great about mediocre share/freeware like Chip's Challenge and Jazz Jackrabbit aside from nostalgia.
>>
Unpopular on /vr/ or unpopular in general? Because I have one that is EXTREMELY unpopular on /vr/:

I like Nintendo and Rareware games
>>
>>3140846
/vr/ was only good when the idea is that most people are older than the average imageboard poster and that we'd behave like gentleman and enjoy it when new people take on our hobby.

But 4chan culture goes against these ideas and it's futile to stop the creeping toxicity.

So now the average implied age is not 25-35, it's 15-25 and being a gentleman is stupid it's better to be a rude and smug prick. And we aren't inviting people into our hobby we are "defending our sekrit club from invading armies".

And that's a massive distinction, as a working adult with a hobby, dropping a few hundred dollars for consoles, flashcarts and CRTs is no big deal (my friends collect cars ffs) but when 18 year olds who play on emulators their whole life and see Gamecube as nostalgic try to feel superior over 16 year olds because they've played more roms and act smug about recommending things or act like game A or B are bad because their fans are too vocal about it (a common cancerous mentality of 4chan) we have a degradation of the community.

But there is no solution, it's all downhill, but enjoy today and tomorrow because, hey at least it's not as bad as it will be a month from now.
>>
>>3139534
Vs. SMB is the best Mario.

Nintendo only made good games by accident, back in 3rd. gen before they figured out how to appeal to casuals. Same is true for Rare.
>>
>>3141746
>Skill floor is the objective determinant of game quality.
>>
Super Turrican (NES) is so goddamn flawed. Why did Manfred Trenz think that having the game scroll when your character is hugging the border of the screen is beyond my comprehension. You basically have to abuse the wheel.
>>
Banjo Kazooie is the best N64 platformer.
>>
>>3141738
>So now the average implied age is not 25-35, it's 15-25

Maybe more like 14 to 21.
>>
>>3141763
Been over it before. MT is a good programmer who knows jack-all about game design.
>>
File: 1456455647284.png (92 KB, 283x343) Image search: [Google]
1456455647284.png
92 KB, 283x343
>>3141627
>Commodore 64
Tell me about it. I'm swedish, and every time I see anything about retro gaming around here it's some C64 autist going on about how it's the greatest system ever.
Either that or it's some "the snes is the greatest console of all time because reddit/egoraptor told me so" hipster.
>>
>>3141738
>>3141778
I seriously doubt there are many people under the age of 20 posting on this board.

It's more likely people are acting like teenagers.
>>
>>3141758
It's one of the important ones, yes.
>>
>>3141782
Do the Amiga ports of Turrican 1-3 suffer from the same issue?
>>
>>3141794
I disagree. I think skill ceiling is a much better indication of depth and quality. Skill floor is a shallow quality, and 3rd gen games tend to be extremely easy to master with very little practice.
>>
File: 1460101284411.gif (1 MB, 474x289) Image search: [Google]
1460101284411.gif
1 MB, 474x289
Anything before 3rd gen is hard to go back to.

Beat-em-ups are not fun and were made only to swallow quarters.

People who still have console wars here for retro consoles should leave and go to /v/.

PC before the 90's is pretty shit.

Earthbound is a flawed but pretty good game.

N64 is not as bad as people here say but still probably the worst console of that gen.

To many people here base their believes on the hivemind and don't want to play a game and form their own opinion.

Anything sonic not on the genesis shouldn't be touched.

The dreamcast probably shouldn't be here.

Easy games can be fun to play, not every game needs to be difficult.

Limited continues is a shitty practice, if someone is willing to continue the game let them.
>>
>>3140968
>>3140994
Everyone has unpopular opinions. Stop being a little frilly tumblr faggot
>>
>>3141910
I agree with everything you said except that I think N64 is the best 5th gen console. I guess that's an even more unpopular opinion.
>>
>>3141467
>le born in the rong generationers meme

That's how I know you're underage
>>
>>3141593
The solution is to shut the fuck up and leave if you don't like it, and stop being a little complaining faggot. /vr/ is fine if you pick the right threads. These annoying smart ass complainers are getting on my nerves
>>
>>3141583
People like this autistic retard that doesn't know how to hide threads or can't just walk away from the computer when he feels triggered.

You have to be in your early 20s. You stink of that annoying entitled millennial behavior.
>>
>>3141801
The problem is that self imposed challenges are less fun than externally imposed challenges. Yoshi's Island has higher skill ceiling than Vs. SMB, but any idiot can complete it. Knowing you did something that a lot of people can't is enjoyable.
>>
>>3141910
>Anything sonic not on the genesis shouldn't be touched.
I would mention a certain handheld sonic game, but it killed a thread last time.
>>
>>3141937
In response to the image you posted: Cyber bullying is very real. It's not always a couple troll posts on a forum. Sometimes people lead you on for months and then crush your feelings.
>>
>>3142015
That's being friendzoned (or "Catfished" even), not cyberbullying
>>
>>3142015
Hahahahahahahaha how the fuck is cyber bullying real hahahaha nigga just walk away from the screen like nigga close your eyes haha
>>
>>3142025
>That's being friendzoned (or "Catfished" even), not cyberbullying
Who said anything about it being relationship-related?
Cyber Bullying: "Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place using electronic technology."
Bullying definition: "Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants."
>>
>>3142037
Ok, and anyone who takes that without walking away and ignoring them is an idiot that probably deserves the "bullying" anyway
>>
I have never laughed at any lucas arts point n clickers but leisure suit larry magna cum laude had me in stitches.
>>
File: mario_day3_520_32-col_50-los.gif (156 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
mario_day3_520_32-col_50-los.gif
156 KB, 520x390
I think the platforming Mario games are boring. Even as a kid in the 80's when I played them because that's what there was I didn't even like them all that much. Never came close to beating any of them and only ever played maybe 10 minutes of SM World.

Platformers in general bore me to tears.
>>
Scan lines are ugly.
>>
>>3142042
>Ok, and anyone who takes that without walking away and ignoring them is an idiot that probably deserves the "bullying" anyway
You're wrong to say there's no cyber-bullying.

Let's say someone is young and has just started playing guitar. He meets another guitar player online who is very good, but also mean-spirited. The guitar player, who just started playing, has a condition of the mind that makes him more sensitive.

The younger player sends him emails asking him for advice, so the pro guitar player leads him on and pretends to be interested in his playing skills.

This goes on for a couple weeks, as the pro player wins the younger player's trust. Then, suddenly, he starts sending the younger guitar player hateful comments, and gets a big laugh out of doing so with his asshole buddies. Things like, "What? You can't play this 4-chord progression song without messing up? You suck at life, idiot. You fucking dumbass. Just quit and give up everything."

It's not friend-zoning, because it has nothing to do with a relationship. It's not cat-fishing, because both the guitar players are real.

The pro guitar player "influenced" the younger guitar player and "intimidated" him through technology. Thus, it's cyber-bullying.

You are wrong. Cyber-bullying is a thing, whether you think someone "deserves" it or not. So now not only do you look stupid, but you also look like an asshole.
>>
>>3142063
I personally find platformers in general more fun than most other vidya genres, but I respect your opinion nonetheless.
>>
>>3142069
That's just reality bro. People are assholes and have been for centuries. Nothing new and has nothing to do with cyberbullying. Go back to l..eddit
>>
>>3142076
I dig that, and I can see that tons of people love them. They just never did anything for me. I've always had kind of odd taste in what I like so I'm long used to it.
>>
>>3142069
That's the basics of "trolling". Hook, line, sinker.
>>
>>3142087
>People are assholes and have been for centuries. Nothing new and has nothing to do with cyberbullying.
Your sentence could have easily read: "People are bullies and have been for centuries. Nothing new and has nothing to do with people being assholes."
Also, you're back-pedaling. If you thought that silly, uneducated image you posted held any weight, you're clearly back-pedaling.
Saying there's no such thing as cyber-bullying is a stupid statement to make. And saying everyone who falls victim to such bullying deserves it, makes you an asshole.
>>
>>3142091
No it's fine man. I can admittedly see why they cam bore someone; especially by the time of the 4th gen when there were an overabundance of them.
>>
>>3142087
Yeah, people have been rapists and murderers for centuries too. The fact that it's socially natural for bullying to occur doesn't make it an okay thing for anyone to do.
>>
>>3142105
>>3142112
Who the fuck said it was okay? I hate it with a passion too. I'm just saying that's life. Putting a buzzword to describe different pieces of shit that hurt other people won't make a difference. Hand holding and crying for someone who felt triggered on the internet won't either.. its called life lessons and people need to learn them properly. Feeling sorry for people is not the answer.

So like I said fuck your victim bullshit and go back to wherever hugbox you fucking faggots came from
>>
>>3142112
More than centuries. Millennia. Rape and murder are hallmarks of humanity. All of us alive today are here because our ancestors were the winners of genocide after genocide. Sure bullying isn't nice, but that doesn't mean it's not the way things are for a reason.

The world is brutal. Bullying is a way of easing people into the hardships they will soon be facing. There to make the weak stronger.
>>
People who consider "challenge" a necessary feature for a game to be good are absolutely buttfuck retarded and will never have any opinion worth listening to until they get over themselves.
>>
>>3142126
>Bullying is a way of easing people into the hardships they will soon be facing. There to make the weak stronger
Obvious bullshit. If that were true then it would be gradated in intensity to work as a training system.
>>
>>3142126
Hey it's that guy who uses pseudoscience to back up something he strongly -feels- is true.
>>
>>3142126

This is the edgiest thing I've read all month.
>>
>>3142130
Ever heard of natural selection?

>>3142127
> wahh people disagree with me and I am going to cry about it

Jesus christ yoy are such a whiny faggot. Challenge is a large part of what makes older games fun
>>
>>3142142
>>3142138
Wow how old are you idiots? Ever heard of philosophy? Your stupidity and ignorance doesn't make you smart or clever. But go ahead and whine and cry like a puss like that will change anything.

I fucking hate early 20 year olds
>>
>>3142147

>goes into an unpopular opinions thread
>reads an opinion he disagrees with
>WOW YOU'RE SUCH A FAGGOT BAWWWW

You're so insecure you couldn't even properly read my post and process it before making a whiny response? I said it's not NECESSARY. A game doesn't need to be hard to be fun, it just needs to be well-designed. Retard.
>>
>>3142153

>calling younger people entitled when he grew up in (and subsequently destroyed) America's greatest economic era in which working a part time job 2 days a week could afford you a luxury car after a few months

Kill yourself, grampa.
>>
>>3142165
He didn't destroy that America, you did, by voting for democrats.
>>
File: Mortal_c69119_1775807.gif (256 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Mortal_c69119_1775807.gif
256 KB, 500x375
>>3139534
This is one I know is pretty damn unpopular around here.

I love a great many old games and like coming here to talk about them. But I also think that overall, games and gaming has been getting steadily better and better since the start and probably will continue to do so.
>>
>>3140095
>that was the original codename for it by sony you mongrel
nope
>>
>>3142123
>Feeling sorry for people is not the answer.
It takes natural concern for others to inspire making a change. I learned such basic logic in 3rd-grade.
>>
>>3142138
I'm the guy who thinks civilization is a literal cancer and should be burnt to the ground. Although humans aren't necessarily bad, if all or most of them have to be killed in the process then so much the better. I like just about every other living thing more than humans.

>>3142153
Everyone hates 20 years olds
>>
>>3142205

Even you, an edgy 20 year old? Seriously, kill yourself my dude. Civilization is the only thing that keeps humans from immediately degenerating.
>>
>>3142182
I know this is just an opinion thread, but I will ask if there are certain titles in particular that make you feel this way or if you just think that the average game today is better than the average game 20-30 years ago.
>>
>>3142147
Absolutely nothing to do with "easing people into hardships". You either breed or you don't, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>3142249
I see it more in terms of game design evolving and refining over the years. There have always been lots of games that try something new and don't do it well or try to emulate and refine something and fail leading to a less than great game. But every once in a while one does do something really well and it raises the bar for everything else after it.

Voice acting is a good example. It had mostly been really bad "DIE MONSTER!" and accepted as such until Metal Gear Solid. Even though especially these days that game seems really cheesy, at the time it was amazing that it seemed like the actors were even trying. After that everything was compared to it and before long the bar was raised.

Another example is the game Rogue. You take a simple but brilliant base concept for a game, and then that idea gets iterated on until it's a whole genre. Then the genre gets iterated on until there are subgenres of it. All along the way, people experimenting with new kinds of gameplay. Nethack is amazing and it couldn't have existed without Rogue. But Dwarf Fortress is even more amazing and it couldn't have existed without either.

See also, fighters. If you look back into the early days there were a lot of very simple or badly balanced fighting games. Especially in the 16 bit days, the systems were riddled with them. Because people were still trying to figure out the basics of what works and what doesn't and how to make characters that are both different and interesting to play, but balanced enough that the game is fun.

Over time things get refined so that anything coming out will have to be far better balanced than they could have got away with in the 16 bit days for example. MK9 was far more well designed and balanced than MK2 was and even it was considered barely acceptable by most gamers in terms of balance and refinement.
>>
Say, 80s Sierra adventures. The amount of cheap bullshit they pull is nothing short of awesome.
>>
Donkey Kong Country looks ugly.
>>
>>3142165
> wahh I'm buttmad because my generation sucks

Not my fault that things were better before dumb SJWs got to things faggot. Stop whining and actually do something about it. Crying and being jealous of older people makes you look weak and pathetic
>>
>>3142158
Wow sperg more autist. Look who's talking. I don't gice a flying fuck what your shit 20 year old opinion is. Maybe on readdit it matters but you seem underage for this board.
>>
>>3142385
>. MK9 was far more well designed and balanced than MK2 was and even it was considered barely acceptable by most gamers in terms of balance and refinement.

I actually agree with this. Honestly MK9 might be my favorite MK. I am 34 years old and absolutely loved MK 1 and 2 when I was a kid, but I don't think they hold up well. MK is a series ripe for improvement as graphics and mechanics get better.
>>
>>3142498

Gotta have to agree, things were definitely different (better) pre 2000s.
However that doesn't mean shitposters all are underage.

This faggots, however: >>3142476

Is both underage and a huge cocksucker.
Last time they saw him was inside an elevator, on his knees and with 4 men in black suit around him, penising his face.
>>
>>3142504

>no response just "durr you're underage"

Maybe on "le reddit" that'd be a well-constructed argument but you still haven't said anything beyond getting asspained that somebody disagreed with you. Kill yourself, anon, it's your only hope.

>>3142498

>unironically blaming anything on "le sjws"

What did I say about killing yourself, anon? Chop chop.
>>
>>3142189
Its not going to ever fucking change. If you think it will you're niave as hell. There will always be assholes ans bullies. You're not going to magically nake them go away although I agree education is good for people to avoid it. Hand holding and special snowflake-ismand victim mentality does nothing but breed a bunch of monsters

But go ahead and keep thinking being a liberal cuck makes you smart.
>>
>>3142514
>Last time they saw him was inside an elevator, on his knees and with 4 men in black suit around him, penising his face.
Faggot detected. You have thoughts like this often?
>>
>>3142519
>>3142516
sjw detected. Nice rebuttal you dumb.piece of shit. I hope a nigger picks you off you fucking parasite
>>
I quite enjoyed the Jaguar, granted I emulated it so I bypassed any hardware issues. But the games I played were fun, most memorable was Cannon Fodder, it was great watching my squaddies die and huge cemeteries fill up.

I also never could tolerate any of the Dragon Quest/Warrior games with the sole exception for the ones on GBC, Tara/Cobi Adventures.
>>
>>3142518
>Hand holding and special snowflake-ismand victim mentality does nothing but breed a bunch of monsters
Who said anything about that?

>Its not going to ever fucking change. If you think it will you're niave as hell.
Not everyone, no. I've seen anti-bully programs, and even had real-life conversations with others, who changed people's minds about bullying and made them 'wake up' and realize their errors. And such programs and conversations are began because someone cared.
>>
>>3142476
Specifically, because the resolution is too low for the art style. Prerendered looks acceptable at higher resolution as used in PC games.
>>
File: He Mad.jpg (25 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
He Mad.jpg
25 KB, 480x480
>>3142528
Love how you let the other posters play you in the forums. You make this fun.
>>
>>3139547

Hey wow that's me. Be my friend.
>>
File: PIC0008.jpg (30 KB, 410x307) Image search: [Google]
PIC0008.jpg
30 KB, 410x307
>>3142519
>didn't get the reference

Is /vr/ full of plebian newfaggots now?
>>
2D PSX games > EVERY OTHER CONSOLE GAME EVER MADE AT THE TIME > 3D PSX games
>>
>>3142548
What kind of faggot keeps a picture like that saved on their computer.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.