[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT groundbreaking retro trivia did you know western smb2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: dkp.jpg (50 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
dkp.jpg
50 KB, 400x250
>ITT groundbreaking retro trivia
did you know western smb2 was originally a port of a taiwanese game called donkey kong picnic
did you know they made a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2, a sequel to A Link to the Past, and a remake of the original Legend of Zelda for some obscure japanese console called the stellarview
did you know there's a korean only ps2 model called the psx and then some people saw that and decided to call the ps1 """"""""""""""""""psx"""""""""""""""" to generate confusion and chaos

pic related is the famous donkey kong picnic
>>
Thanks for ruining /vr/. Great job!
>>
>>3076190
Except none of this is true?
>>
>>3076190
>>
>>3076190
Hm, good stuff to know I guess.
>>
HOL' UP
YOU BE SAYIN'
SO YOU BE SAYIN'
MARIO 2 WAS DONKEY KONG IN JAPAN?
>>
The company Atari was named after the Japanese word Atariya (当り屋) which means crash stager.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BD%93%E3%81%9F%E3%82%8A%E5%B1%8B
>>
>>3076217
Predictive.
>>
did you know that M.Bison, Vega, and Balrog all have different names between the US and Japanese version
>>
>>3076190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4PnboqFwiI
>>
>>3076242
Pretty great.
>>
>>3076241
Gotta need sources on that.
>>
File: dasitmegamane.jpg (50 KB, 720x657) Image search: [Google]
dasitmegamane.jpg
50 KB, 720x657
DID YOU KNOW?

... METAL MAN IS WEAK TO THE METAL BLADE?

... MEGA MAN'S THREAT TO KILL DR. WILY AT THE END OF MEGA MAN 7 APPEARED ONLY IN WESTERN RELEASES? THIS IS STRANGE BECAUSE AT THIS TIME WESTERN RELEASES USUALLY HAD SUCH OVERT REFERENCES TO VIOLENCE REMOVED

... KEIJI INAFUNE WILL NEVER FINISH MIGHTY NO. 9?

... BUT THAT'S JUST A THEORY...

... A GAME THEORY
>>
>>3076190
>donkey kong picnic
Nice.
>>
File: 1456735451841.png (134 KB, 303x406) Image search: [Google]
1456735451841.png
134 KB, 303x406
>>
>>3076252
EVERYTHING IS WEAK TO METAL BLADE DUDE (except alien willy)
>>
DID YOU KNOW

SEGA IS ACTUALLY PRONOUNCED SEA-GUH?
>>
>>3076216
THEY WAS KONGZ
>>
File: 6-hairless-chimp.jpg (58 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
6-hairless-chimp.jpg
58 KB, 500x402
>>3076293
I'm rustled.
>>
Did you know that Mew is hiding under the truck? You can move it with strength to expose and battle him.
>>
>get buttmad by >>3072494 because it said the Satellaview games were "unknown outside of Japan until recently"
>make this thread as a response

You sure showed him, OP!
>>
File: madara explains mario 2.jpg (289 KB, 1204x1032) Image search: [Google]
madara explains mario 2.jpg
289 KB, 1204x1032
pic related
>>
So is this place just /v/ now?
>>
>>3076543
Been that way for a while now, mate.
>>
>>3076543
>couple shitty threads every now and then
>automatically /v/

This board is still miles ahead of /v/, there's constant threads of actual discussion here. There's gonna be shitposting on every board, deal with it.
>>
>>3076550
also as far as shitposting goes this thread is pretty kekworthy.
>>
>>3076550
That's not even the worst part though; it seems like there's some smarmy asshole that has to post his hot opinions in every thread. You'd be hard pressed to find a thread on here that doesn't have some sort of "my favorite console is so much better than your shitty favorite console" bait within the first five posts. I don't know, maybe I'm the one that has the autism, not them.
>>
>>3076558
>I don't know, maybe I'm the one that has the autism, not them.

If you're still triggered by annoying shitposts in even very low volume, then yes.
>>
>>3076261
Its named after steven segal who doesnt make movies anymore just like sega nintendont make consoles anymore
>>
File: Down-Syndrome.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Down-Syndrome.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>3076769
>just like sega nintendont make consoles anymore
fuckin kek
>>
Did you know that Nintendo packaged the En Ee Ess with Rob the robot because consumers didn't want to buy video games after the video game market crashed in 1983. So we should be thankful that Nintendo saved video games.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.