[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The hero of Saturn emulation:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: sega_saturn_2s[1].jpg (50 KB, 350x318) Image search: [Google]
sega_saturn_2s[1].jpg
50 KB, 350x318
>There's a new version of Yabause from japanese developper Devmiyax, based on his recent android port uoYabause. This version is a great improvement from original Yabause, on par with SSF and even better on some games.

http://www.emucr.com/2015/12/yabause-devmiyax-git-20151229.html
https://github.com/devmiyax/yabause

>>>/vg/127111840
>On my machine (2500k @ 4.0GHz, GTX 970), I was able to get 60fps in every 2D game I tried, and 40-50fps in the 3D games I tried in software mode. If I switch to OpenGL, I get 60fps in everything, but there are graphical bugs, and there's no way to increase the size of the window without increasing the internal rendering resolution.

>If someone is interested, could you try this emulator out and tell us what sort of performance you're getting? This seems really promising.
>>
>>2888219

I am quite excited.
>>
No interest.
>>
>>2888260

>I have so little interest, I posted that I had no interest. That'll show them.
>>
I am highly aroused
>>
>great improvement
>on par with SSF

Don't fall for the hype. SSF may be clunky as fuck but it's still a million light years ahead of the competition.

Yabause devs have had a history of doing that anyway:

>we fixed a mislabelled button in the UI
>great improvement
>>
>>2888219
>hero of Saturn emulation

Ok, kiddo, I know you are easily impressed by people claims and devs releasing "ultimate", "perfect" or "enhanced" editions but, concretely, what exactly are those enhancements beside speed optimization and which games are more correctly emulated?
>>
>>2888219
Sounds promising, but those sysreqs are still obnoxious.
it also doesn't sound like it's on par with SSF
>>
>>2888330
>>2888362
>>2888525

I am extremely skeptical, OP. I have the sneaking suspicion these anons have the right of it.
>>
>>2888219
>On my machine (2500k @ 4.0GHz, GTX 970), I was able to get 60fps in every 2D game I tried

My PC's 2.6GHz, and SSF runs every 2D game I've tried in full speed. I don't have any 3D games, though.
>>
>>2888219
this the first sega wank thread of the year?
>>
>>2888576

Why do you begrudge the Sega folk their threads? I'm not quite _that_ attached to Sega machines, but I can see why someone else might be.
>>
>>2888330
>Yabause devs have had a history of doing that anyway:

This is a totally different guy. The main Yabause devs have completely stopped any real development. This is some Japanese guy coming in and starting up development. And he's keeping it open source too.

https://github.com/devmiyax/yabause

I'd like more people to test it to see how it compares to both SSF and regular Yabause.
>>
>>2888783
It crashes on me when selecting Open GL.

Yep, it's still shit.
>>
>>2888581
He's some autist that fell in love with "Australia-kun" so now he obsessively tries to bait every sega thread to get him to speak up.
>>
What are some good Saturn exclusives? A lot of games on Saturn I also own on other platforms.
>>
>>2888874
So we all have to suffer because of two retards?
>>
>>2888874

Nice try, Australia-kun.

I'm the anon who coined up the australia-kun nickname because I recognized his posting patterns on CV threads, and I'm not the faggot anti-sega shitposter.

>>2888951
Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
>>
>>2888965
>>2888874
>>2888581
It's just so buttmad fanboy who probably wasn't even around during the console wars to begin with. Probably gets all his opinions and information from YouTube.

Don't ever tie your identity with a brand or product. Just don't. It results in people like this.
>>
>>2888989

It's most likely a troll that doesn't even care about console wars seriously, he's obviously just trying to bait and not even engage on serious discussion.

Console warriors are serious about their shit.

Both the troll and the CW are in the wrong, but the CW are more pathetic for replying to the troll, and well, for being CW.
>>
>>2888951
the Panzer Dragoon trilogy
Burning Rangers
Clockwork Knight 1 + 2
NiGHTS
Legend of Oasis
Dark Savior
Baku Baku
Shining Wisdom
Fighters Megamix

Heaps o' shit.
>>
>>2888874
>Australia-kun
who?
>>2888994
>doesn't even care about console wars seriously, he's obviously just trying to bait
correct answer
>>
Also take note that >>2888989 is basically a troll feeder.
>>
>>2888219

What's the best emu for Panzer Dragoon Saga?
>>
>>2889008
Not even a huge sega/saturn fan, but what about Die Hard Arcade? Probably one of the best beat'em up's out there.
>>
>>2889045
It's his made-up name for some guy, which started here:

https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S2856924#p2857910
>>
>>2888219
>This version is a great improvement from original Yabause, on par with SSF and even better on some games.

Can it emulate all three or four transparency modes (only SSF can do that accurately), as well as linescroll, column scroll, as well as bowtie quads, all with hardware rendering?

Once it can, I'll call it better than SSF, provided it has at least 90% compatibility.
>>
>>2888219
Does it run Radiant Silvergun without input lag?
>>
How much are working Saturn's worth?

I want one but prices online seem a bit weird to me. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>2889120
>>2889513

try it?
>>
>>2888783
>And he's keeping it open source too.
As he has to, given that Yabause is licensed under GPL.
>>
>>2890303

Thing is though, have you seen how the Chinese handle GPL? They make changes, then never reveal source. When called out on it, they reply in broken English that they don't want to, and you shouldn't question them on their decisions. Cultural and language barrier. They don't seem to understand or care about open licenses.
>>
>>2890305
American companies do the same thing (See:Retron 5), but I fully expect some guy working on an emulator in his free time to respect the license. Hopefully this kickstarts development for the Saturn emulation scene, sad that we're seeing such exponential growth on WiiU, 3DS, 360 PS3 and even original Xbox while the Saturn just sorta stands still. Would still love to see Byuu reconsider working with the system
>>
>>2890309

It all depends on interest. New consoles get lots of interest. Anyone who grew up with a Saturn is likely 30 something. Most moved on with their lives. And most fans were Japanese, since it failed in the West. So it's no shock that there are few devs.

>byuu

He's autist about the snes, and snes only. Because that's the console he grew up with and became obsessed with.
>>
>>2890314
Byuu definitely has an abrasive attitude, but the man does what he does extremely well. He has expressed interest in working on both the Wonderswan and Saturn before, but is hesitant to work with the Saturn because of the hardware he thinks would be required to achieve the level of accuracy he wants. Don't believe me? Go dig through his forums.
>>
>>2889779
anywhere from 100-150usd if they are complete. It's the games you have be worried about.
>>
>>2890297
I have 12 saturns, two modchips, two SD loaders.

I don't have to bother using a shitty emulator that can barely play original games, unless you can give me a good reason to.
>>
>>2890309
>Would still love to see Byuu reconsider working with the system

There are many good devs who want to do that, but can't due to real life problems (such as needing to make a living, or having kids, etc).
>>
>runs magic night rayearth
good enough for me
>>
>>2890316

All emu devs are abrasive weirdos.

I just don't think byuu has the interest to really do much with the saturn. His higan doesn't do much well past snes.
>>
>>2890545
why do you have 12 saturns?
>>
>>2890309
>Even Xbox
When did this happen? Last I heard it ran Halo 1 super slowly and nothing else.
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 750x1334
>>2891573
Because at night I like to lay them all next to each other like a Saturn carpet and lay naked on them. I then call my wife and two children into the room and make them worship me for being so rich that I literally have a bed of saturns. Sometimes I pile my 24 nes's on them and swim through them like Scrooge mc fucking duck.

Or because fuck you, that's why.
>>
I'm really excited for this because finally there is a dev working on an open source saturn emu. Mainline Yabause hasn't gotten real updates in years.

>>2890305

Yeah, the Japanese will make their original projects closed source, but at least when they modify existing open source projects they will respect the license.
>>
File: 346face1B.jpg (12 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
346face1B.jpg
12 KB, 319x400
>>2891573
>why do you have 12 saturns?

The real question is, why don't YOU have 12 saturns?
>>
File: P1010310_zpsd1baf4fd.jpg (106 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
P1010310_zpsd1baf4fd.jpg
106 KB, 1024x768
>>2892047
>I literally have a bed of saturns

A carpet, actually.
>>
>>2893138
12 Saturns doesnt have the same ring as 3 PS3 or 4 PS4

But it's all good, Sega deserves the love, they were cool.
>>
>>2890545
Any intention of ever reselling those?

I mean I can empathize, I'm a hoarder myself. But it would also be nice if there's enough of our finite supply of retro consoles to go around for everyone.
>>
>>2893181
>Any intention of ever reselling those?

I mod and sell them all the time, then use the money to buy new systems.

Then I make pics of the motherboards and repeat.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.