[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Mario Advance 5: Super Mario 64
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: SMA5 SM64.png (1019 KB, 1810x946) Image search: [Google]
SMA5 SM64.png
1019 KB, 1810x946
I was on a tour on Nintendo HQ and saw an unreleased game for the GBA. I wanted to play it so they let me try it out. This is an early build of what it meant to be a GBA remake of Super Mario 64 but ultimately shifted to the DS. I have some gameplay images, an unreleased artwork and the logo found on the Game Pak.
>>
By the way, the SM64 title screen has been dramatically changed due to the GBA's technical limitations so it features Mario and you can use a pointer (Like in Super Mario Maker) and if you press A, he will do a specific action (Like Sneezing).
>>
wow
>>
this is the most autistic thread ive seen on /vr/
>>
>>2858931
Looks a bit fake to me, but still neat.
>>
File: attentionless bait.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
attentionless bait.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>
>>2858931
I don't doubt the possibility of SM64DS originally being planned for the GBA, but OP you are still a massive faggot for cobbling that together.

Am I the only one who prefers the DS remake over the original? It all comes down to the camera controls, for me.
>>
>>2858967
The lack of analog completely ruins it for me. I like how it looks, like the added features, but it's not fun trying to do sideflips and other acrobatics with 8 directions.

I wish a custom emulator would allow someone to map an analog stick to the touchscreen.
>>
>>2858979
Have you tried playing it on the 3DS?
>>
>>2859000
Yes. Some people say it helps, but using an analog stick for a game without analog controls bugs the crap out of me.
>>
>>2858931
I can't tell if the obvious bait is the bait, or if the bait is what a shit attempt this was. Well done.
>>
>>2858979
you can play Mario 64 with ocuckus rift in dolphin.
>>
This thread is pretty much a direct response to this btw: >>2858805

I suppose the 90 minutes between that post and this thread were spent in MSpaint to make the image in the OP.
>>
>>2858967
They removed the fish's sumglasses, and thats something i cant overlook.

I also dont like the changes they made to some stars to include the new powerups, like inside the igloo. Also marios floaty power sucks, and i dont like the silver star ones.

The new boss levels are awesome though.
>>
>>2858931

My dad is nintendo and he said this is legit!
>>
I think this is cool, but it looks fake.

How did you get so much artworks ? They probably did not let you take the rom on a usb stick.
>>
>>2858931
What a shitty port. GBA could handle 3D.
>>
File: mario 64 gbc.png (3 KB, 111x83) Image search: [Google]
mario 64 gbc.png
3 KB, 111x83
>>2858931
Actually I work at Nintendo as a receptionist so I know all the details about SM64. It was actually developed for the Gameboy Color which had powerful 3d capabilities. It made use of the 10 face buttons and dual analog sticks of the GBC. It ran at a solid 70fps. Also there was a ton of additional levels and a new ending where Bowser fucks Peach in his sex dungeon and Mario gets to watch. This was cut to keep the E rating.
>>
File: mario 64 gbc 2.png (3 KB, 120x83) Image search: [Google]
mario 64 gbc 2.png
3 KB, 120x83
>>2863348
another legit screenshot. dont tell nintendo.
>>
>>2863350
If only I had a super gameboy for my n64 then I could play this on my 60"

Might as well just fucking kill myself..
>>
>>2858931

>GBA
>NDS

Hi, you seem to be mistaken. Please keep all non-retro related games off of /vr/.
>>
>>2858931
GG OP

>>2858967
I can't remember much except that porting a heavy-analog based game on the DS was a dumb choice and that the Luigi poker minigame was great to chill with.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.