[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/vp/ actually defending this shit Go on and tell me how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
>/vp/ actually defending this shit

Go on and tell me how It's good

And no you can't use petty insults like your a virgin basement dweller doesn't go outside and who hate fun
>>
File: Pidgeotto's just deserts.gif (872 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Pidgeotto's just deserts.gif
872 KB, 500x375
>>27116082
Pidgeotto has renewed relevance. That's good.
>>
>>27116082
God, quit being such a virgin basement dweller who hates fun.
Go outside for once.
>>
>>27116108

lel epic win
>>
>>27116082
You should probably go outside, for real
>>
>>27116082
The goodness comes from running around having fun adventures with your friends irl. The actual game itself is pretty trash. Once they introduce trading and more gens it'll be much better.
>>
Going out to run errands now involves catching pokemon on the way there and back.

Suddenly a boring 2km walk is kind of fun.

Also going for hikes on the trails in my city have an added level of "oh man, there's a squirtle down here, let's find it!"

Its fun, its free, its pokemon. Did I mention its free? Why would I ever complain about a free videogame?
>>
I'm also not really a fan. Downloaded it yesterday, it just looks and feels like your average f2p smartphone game. Drains the shit out of your battery, doesn't have many interesting mechanics, hardly works if you aren't constantly holding your phone. If it doesn't get better by level 5 I'll drop it.

I go outside regularly anyways, I can do that without having to check my phone literally every minute.
>>
/vp/ is filled with normies now

TRUE POKEMON fans wouldn't play this...
>>
>>27116166
Why? Its free.
>>
>And no you can't use petty insults like your a virgin basement dweller doesn't go outside and who hate fun

Getting a little defensive are we anon?
Anyway, I like it because you get to walk around and collect pokemon. Plus its really cool that so many people have bought into it.
>>
>>27116163
Its better to play the game while actually doing stuff. Going out for the sole purpose of grinding instantly takes the fun out of it.

Instead, go on hikes with a real destination, especially with friends.

PoGo is best done as an add on to real life fun stuff like hiking / errands / walking to work etc etc. On its own its not that great.
>>
If you can't see the appeal of the game then it clearly isn't for you. It doesn't really get simpler than that and unless you have severe autism, it shouldn't bother you.
>>
>>27116197
That's what I was trying. Was using it on the way to work, which I do by foot. Unfortunately, the only way I can tell if there's a Pokemon nearby is if I have the app open, so if I want to catch anything I have to constantly look at my phone like an asshole. I guess that's why you have the bracelet thing, but I'm not gonna drop 35 bucks on a device that doesn't even double as a watch.

Yesterday I also saw some fat neckbeard with his phone in front of his face nearly run into traffic when he was trying to check in at the local girls' school.
>>
What the fuck does the peripheral even do?
>>
>>27116082
>getting this butthurt over a mobile game

Jesus Christ, OP. You are embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>27116360
Vibrates if there's a pokemon nearby. You can catch it with the single button on the face. Reduces drain on your phone.
>>
>>27116197
>PoGo
Why not just call it GO?

Is this the new SuMo meme?
>>
>>27116380
Might be cool. Don't really want to pay for something that's pretty much a pokewalker, but could work as I bike around with pogo
>>
Geocaching with Pokémon is pretty fun once you're frantically chasing a dragonite with like 12 dudebros
>>
What's with the bracelets? Do they do anything?
>>
>>27117169

You could have read this thread or you could have used Google.

>>27116360
>>27116380
>>
>>27116082
>your a virgin basement dweller doesn't go outside and who hate fun

"you're" a virgin basement dweller doesn't go outside and who hates fun
>>
This is basically what it was like for Marvel fans when the MCU movies came out. Now every plebiscite and their granny is a tru nurdy Pokemon fan XD
>>
>>27116166
TRUE POKEMON fans should love this because there's only the first gen
>>
>>27116119
this is what pokemon go did to this board? maybe the people who hate the app have a point
>>
File: ae2.png (12 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
ae2.png
12 KB, 500x294
>>27117394
>>
>>27117733
Fug, meant for >>27117388
>>
>>27116082
Well you'd have a lesser chance of getting mugged because you'll be doing everything from the wristband
>>
>>27116197
>PoGo
>what did he mean by this?
>>
>>27116082
See >>27117599

Thread\
>>
It gave me something to do in my free time, got me out of the house, brought me closer to a guy I knew who was to shy to be my friend. Pretty ok.
>>
>>27118054
where you live? I'll bring you closer
>>
>>27118116
Uh, i doubt your near, and im not sure I want you to, sounds kinda rapey.
>>
>>27116082
>Go on and tell me how It's good
It's actually fun unlike the other Pokemon games.
>>
>>27118195
It's only rapey if you resist.
>>
>>27116082
>Getting buttblasted by a Pokemon game everyone else and their mother is enjoying

I think its time to commit suicide m8.
>>
File: 1462682210195.gif (608 KB, 320x211) Image search: [Google]
1462682210195.gif
608 KB, 320x211
>>27118309
mmmm.I think I'd call rape, no thanks.
>>
>>27116082
>It's actually fun
>It makes you get off your moldy couch and exercise your ass
>makes you socialize with other people
>it makes daily commuting less boring

>>27116166
>still thinks 4chan is a super sekkrit autism neet underground club
>>
>>27118054
You better a girl, faggot
>>
>>27116082

Why don't you be an ungrateful cunt some more OP?
>>
>>27118377
>want to play Go
>can't go outside without someone telling me to do something each and every time
>severely limiting my socialization and time outside
>>
>>27116148
why would you complain about being served a pile of shit for dinner? it's free after all
>>
>>27117394
The board has always been bad. Pokemon Go changed nothing and people who think that this board was good before need to go get evaluated.
>>
>>27116166
I'm gonna quote anon from the other thread
>It's a simple matter of popularity. The abhorrent humans populating this board spent years of their life dedicated to the Pokemon franchise. Instead of being recognized on some level for their "efforts" and "dedication" they're witnessing a gigantic mass of normalfags outrunning them in 1 week.

>They're mad because casuals are more relevant than them, with a casual spinoff game.

>Seeing all these mentally ill neckbeards sperg over the board it's fucking hilarious. Their special sekrit fanclub has been hijacked by normalfags. And what's even more funny, casuals bringing in a shitload of money and free publicity with a free app

TL;DR you're autist
>>
>>27119060
no one forcibly served you that pile of shit and to some it might be something else
>>
Pokémon only appear on roads? Where cars are? I live on thirteen acres and there's no pokémon here
>>
>>27116106
This literally the most useful and relevant the Pidgeot has been since its inception
I for one am pleased
>>
Because it allows people to interact with each other over a similar interest without seeming autistic.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.