[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is your God now, faggots? Pokemon GO was a mistake, no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 37
File: Pokemon GO..jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon GO..jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Where is your God now, faggots? Pokemon GO was a mistake, nobody would listen to me and now it's happening.

The game is crap anyway, and if I didn't already have a mountain of reasons as to why it's garbage here is this that's going on. And people have already been to hospitals for accidents they've suffered while playing this game, I also saw a video last night of people going onto some guy's property at like 2 in the morning to catch a pokemon and he started firing his gun into the air because he thought they were robbers.

If you're going to fucking trespass or go to some dangerous location of your city and risk your safety/life for a fucking smart phone app then you deserve whatever misfortune befalls you, it's okay, we don't need your genetics in the breeding pool anyway. Darwin will have a field day with the Pokemon GO app, and the people who created the game are laughing all the way to the bank because you people were dumb enough to buy into it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/07/10/police-pokemon-go-used-to-target-armed-robbery-victims/

And if anyone wants to know what I think is wrong with the game then I'll list all my complaints now. First off

>No combat
>No breeding
>Actually have to leave your house to play it
>Microtransactions
>Gym system is a joke
>Caters to players living in metropolis areas
>Places pokemon in stupid locations like girls bathrooms or private property areas
>People getting injured because they can't look up from their phones.
>Faction system is a joke since one faction usually dominates most cities
>You can pretty much cheat the system by paying for incense
>Great way to get mugged/attacked according to the article I posted

In general I can't tell you what to do in your free time, but if you're investing multiple hours a day to this game then you need to find a better hobby. I have a friend who walks around for like four hours and I feel nothing but pity for him, he has no life.
>>
>>
>>27090495
Not going to even bother to create a counter argument, eh? Can't say I blame you.
>>
>>27090507
You sound like a yu gi oh antagonist
>>
>>27090521
And? That is not relevant to anything I'm saying.
>>
>>27090472
>this isnt a game from a main game series
>no one is foricing you to go outside you 200 pounds of lazy bitterness
>yeah, microtransactions, just like in any other free to play game bitch
>almost every game caters to metropolis people in this or other way
>how dare they not check where they out pokemon on every squared inch of this planet right?
>if people are too stupid not to use the phone while driving or crossing the road it aint game's fault
>yeah, its a microtrandaction resourse, thats how it works, idiot
>>
>>27090472
>nobody would listen to me
Well yes, mister anonymous poster. Unless you're actually influential I doubt anyone on the net would bother with you.

Well, being an ass aside, I do agree with you. But I think the "focusing too much on the phone" is already a problem before; GO just made it worse.
Eh, it's an irrelevant distinction.

By the way:
How is this a problem? I mean, you got your minimum exercise, right?
>>
>>27090472
This is actually a legit post.
Good job, now watch the go shitters think you're personally attacking them and call you some combination of fat fedora loving neckbeard with no friends.
>>
>>27090472

>Walking up the neighborhood with my sister and dog
>Mom with kid across the street
>"Hey, you playing Pokemon Go?!"
>We chat for about a minute
>Carry on and evolve a Pidgey

Hey, this app isn't so bad. It's actually starting to grow on me.
>>
File: 1465953910152.png (90 KB, 391x395) Image search: [Google]
1465953910152.png
90 KB, 391x395
>>27090472
>>
>>27090647
Too late for that anon, but I appreciate the sentiment.
>>
>>27090472

>I have a friend who walks around for like four hours and I feel nothing but pity for him, he has no life

Considering the alternative is probably staying home and doing nothing is that really all that bad? Just because you don't want to walk around doesn't mean someone else can't have fun
>>
>>27090472
God forbid.
>>
I just spent 40 fucking minutes walking around this part and NO Pokemon showed up. What the fuck guys? I live in Kirkland Washington. 80k residents. Fuck this shit.
>>
File: pokemon.png (481 KB, 1702x819) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
481 KB, 1702x819
>>27090472
What's that one catch phrase that Pokemon has always used?... gosh idk it was on the tip of my dick
>>
>>27090871
I'M NOT ABOUT TO WALK AROUND IN THE BLAZING ASS SUN FOR FIVE HOURS CATCHING VIRTUAL POKEMON, FUCK THAT.

I'd rather sit in my air-conditioned house on the internet playing something else, the only positive I can say is yes, it does give you exercise. Congrats.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>27090886

Fuck forgot the pic
>>
>>27090889
I cant catch all 700+ pokemon though
>>
>>27090472
>I have a friend who walks around for like four hours and I feel nothing but pity for him, he has no life.

>I have a friend that gets like 4 hours of exercise and socializing instead of sitting on a couch and I feel nothing but pity for him, he has no life.

sick post my man
>>
>>27090472
wait, there's no battling? What's the point, then?
>>
>>27090910
>Go to Pokestops that is a bar / restaurant
>Drop a lure
>Eat some food and have a beer with GO on the counter
>Catch Pokemon when it buzzes, and collect items periodically

You don't have to hike to a park or mountain to do this game correctly, man.
>>
>>27090910
Then just sit there and don't complain if you don't want to play. Why ruin the fun of others? This is 4chan though, so I can't say I'm surprised
>>
>>27090871
>>27090910
>neckbeards need a mobile game based on a 10 year olds pocket monster game to go outside
>now that they've gotten their first rays of sun in 10 years they think they're better than everyone

Sorry, bud. Go came out a few days ago.
Takes more time than that to burn off an 200 lbs of cheetos and mountain dew.
>>
File: image.png (204 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
204 KB, 640x1136
Also why the fuck are some of my challenges have the word "girl" in them? I'm a male character. Fuck modern feminism.
>>
>>27090914
I don't know anon, did you try walking to that fucking area with all the glowing cubes and shit on it? You know, the one in the upper right corner?

>>27090965
>Socializing

Socializing with who? Yeah right, he walks around by himself and probably talks to nobody. I guess some fans of Pokemon GO consider it like an adventure "Oh boy I wonder where I'll go today! I might see parts of the city I never explored before!"

I mean, whatever makes you happy. I guess It can be fun if you make it into some adventure where you just pick a random point in your city and start walking, just exploring.
>>
its fun with friends
>anything is fun with friends
yes, but this is extra fun
>>
>>27090987

Please get a girlfriend.
>>
>>27090966
There is a sort of battle minigame for control over gyms.
>>
>>27091007

Yeah I walked all around the park like I said. The only stuff I got were poke balls at the pokestops
>>
>>27090968
You don't have to do anything at all.
You can now trick the GPS to do all sorts of shit. Theres a thread up right now with all the spoofers helping each other.

Everyone should take this knowledge and come up with ways to ruin everyone elses fun.
>>
>>27090987
What the fuck are you talking about? I already said I DON'T use the app, I think the game is shit and I'm not about to walk around outside in the hot ass sun.

I never said I thought I was better than everyone because I'm going outside for the first time in 10 years, though I do agree with your point though. A lot of neckbeards think they're gods because they have a reason to get outside and exercise now.
>>
>actually have to leave your house to play

No shit, that's the point. Not everyone's a shut-in. Or the sort of idiot to not look away from their phone.

That said the game is still shit in its current state.
>>
>>27091009
People like this guy don't have any friends because they shit all over everything and drive them away.
>>
>>27091010
I can't though, i spend every waking moment playing pokemon: go.
And when i get home i have to white knight for the game on the internet.
>>
File: 1461737169680.jpg (75 KB, 606x496) Image search: [Google]
1461737169680.jpg
75 KB, 606x496
>people are STILL responding to stale bait

>I have a friend who walks around for like four hours and I feel nothing but pity for him, he has no life.

You have GOT to be shitting me.
>>
>>27091025
You get different items by leveling up. If all you get is Pokeballs, you probably aren't at level 5 yet
>>
>Work as a web dev mon-fri full time, still enjoy Pokemon Go. Also have a neckbeard.

Where is your god now?
>>
File: 1449867821738.jpg (112 KB, 510x592) Image search: [Google]
1449867821738.jpg
112 KB, 510x592
>this game is killing more normies than The Supreme Gentleman
I don't see the problem.
>>
File: 1462495157133.gif (361 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1462495157133.gif
361 KB, 600x450

if your so fucking tilted about this just play the real game instead of typing up a long fucking paragraph about why this sucks. you dont have to go outside for it either you fat fucking neckbeard.
>>
>>27091032
This, please do this. I want you to ruin Gofags fun.
>>
File: 1446975362924.jpg (67 KB, 232x293) Image search: [Google]
1446975362924.jpg
67 KB, 232x293
How do you find pokestops before venturing into the wild? I don't have a lot of stamina and have quite a frail build IRL but would like to think I can make it to a 30 hour walking distance spot from my house and back.
>>
>>27091137

Goddamn you live out in the mountains or some shit? So glad I live in nerdy ass Seattle
>>
>>27091108
please enlighten me, how exactly is that going to ruin anyone's fun?
>>
>>27090472
Man I've had fun, gotten more incentive for exercise, talking and laughing with complete strangers about it.

I had a Ryhorn show up in my neighborhood stopped to figure out were it was, drove around to nail down the spot and bumped into four normies trying to find it too. Leaf movement in a think woody spot, hell I'll push in... Suddenly break through the foilage like they were a wall.
>back of a local golf course
Ryhorn is on the otherside on the fucking green of some damn hole, staring me down. I felt like an actually damn Pokemon trainer tracking and catching and having excitement an shit
>>
>>27091183
I-I live in the city actually, I'm just a weakling
>>
Who here hoping to find qt 3.14 Pokemon gf here from this game? Hope I run into her soon.
>>
>>27091032
Link thread and I can join in. What should I name my character for maximum asspain? I was thinking Hitler Trump or something along those lines.
>>
>Not even 1.0 yet
Hot damn. Is this what jacking off in text looks like?
>>
>>27091186
One could take over gyms in a whole country by sitting right at home.
I also imagine some people could use lures in some way.

The really creative people will find ways.
>>
>>27091224

>playing a game not for the fun but to attempt to ruin other peoples fun

Bully syndrome, pls go.
>>
>>27090472
There is combat. The whole point is to leave the house, microtransactions don't do anything to give you a big edge and the one that does can be used by anyone around too, gym system is awesome if you get into the game and have boys to get a good gym with. Do you even know how the gym system works? Because it's great. If you don't live in a metropolis area you don't have to compete with those players, people can look up from their phones because when a Mon pops up your phone vibrates, factions only dominate if you're a scrub, and nobody is getting mugged. Your points are retarded bud.

>HURR ONE PERSON GOT MUGGED BY A NIGGER NEVER GO OUTSIDE EVER.
>>
>>27091243
>Bully syndrome, pls go.
THE BULLIED HAS BECOME THE BULLY
>>
>>27091243
>>27091224
Hey, you said i should have fun.
Ruining games for others is how i get my kicks.

>>27086086
>>27086086
>>27086086
>>
>>27091236
gyms aren't that easy to keep, and retaking them is half the fun

luring people is already a thing
>>
It's real simple. Vote trump to get all the dindu's off the street, then you'll have nothing to worry about when you're out catchin your pokemons!
>>
>>27091268
lel who gives a shit if some rando spoofs a good team
>>
>>27091219
HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA, oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh harder!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *dies of exhaustion and laughter*

>>27091224
I named my character CainNightroad cause I'm an edgy weeaboo faggot and all the other weeb names were taken, no but seriously EVERY WEEB NAME WAS TAKEN, just goes tos how that a lot of weebs play this game.

I tried so many weeb names and they were all taken.

>>27091248
>Didn't even read the article

Basically what they were doing is they found a Pokeshop that was in a big opened parking lot area, and waited for players to come into that area and mug them. It just goes to show that you can be an easy and viable target for mugging if the muggers are using this app, they can easily find a high traffic Pokeshop area and look for people to assault/mug. I'd at least carry a pocket knife or something with me just to be safe.
>>
File: 1468036098427.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1468036098427.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>it's the game's fault for complete retards doing stupid shit for one mon that you could get by using a lure module or incense
>>
File: not todd.jpg (41 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
not todd.jpg
41 KB, 400x533
>>27091248
Good job.
We'll send your check in the mail.
>>
>>27091025
The petals on the Pokestop is a lure dumbass. You could have rested and have pokemon spawn near you
>>
File: 1460310624373.png (141 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
1460310624373.png
141 KB, 500x392
Has anyone experienced the backpack upgrade bug?

Now I realize I'm a fucking idiot for purchasing some coins to spend on whatever an that was my first mistake.

I wanted to expand my bag by 50 so I could keep going on with my farming but an error message popped up saying there was a problem with the transaction and to try again so I did....fucking game ended up spending 1000 coins and upgrading my bag not from 250-300 but from 250-600!

I went to submit a ticket but there no transaction history on my credit card or on my Apple account. So I can't even provide a transaction number on my ticket to get it resolved. Fuck this game.
>>
>>27091304
Have we met? You look familiar.
>>
>>27090472
>going outside and walking around is bad
>>
>>27091375
It is when it's 98 degrees in my city

>Inb4 sweating and exercise is good for you argument

Yes, I'm aware getting sunlight and cardio is healthy. I just don't like sweating, and no I am not morbidly obese or overweight. I just am lazy and don't like physical activities or exercising.
>>
>local park gets taken over
>by fucking yellow team
>level 4 gym, CP 900+ pokemon
>walking around park for stops
>encounter 4 neckbeards on those fucking hoverboard things
>they call me a fag for not being yellow team
>check gym again
>two of them have female playermodels
>>
File: 82812883812.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
82812883812.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>27091278
>be me
>sit at an air conditioned room
>took over all the gyms on the west coast
>no one can take them over because i have pokemon with 9000cp
>set up lures every 5 feet for miles at an end
>no one knows whats real or fake
>normies get fustrated and quit go
>>
>>27090472
(You)
Nobody cares
>>
>>27090489
If I see that damn Masuda just one more time.
>>
>>27091405
Jesus christ this is the epitome of our shitty country's attitude towards everything.
>>
>Abra just teleported into my bedroom
>tossed a ball and caught it on one ball
>left with an uncertain feeling as I was jerking it at the time
>I think this Abra is a pervert...
>>
>>27090472
>>No combat
>what are gyms
>>No breeding
I'll give you this, but come on, if you could just endlessly make duplicates of pokemon you have it would defeat the purpose of the game
>>Actually have to leave your house to play it
that's the point lardass, even though your later point about incense contradicts this
>>Microtransactions
again, what did you expect? It's an app, not a mainline release by nintendo
>>Gym system is a joke
subjective, get some friends if you're buttmad about not being able to claim gyms
>>Caters to players living in metropolis areas
>not living in a town big enough to have at least a handful of spots/gyms in walking distance
>>Places pokemon in stupid locations like girls bathrooms or private property areas
not exclusively though
>>People getting injured because they can't look up from their phones.
you can literally put your phone in your pocket and wait for it to vibrate. also sidewalks are a thing
>>Faction system is a joke since one faction usually dominates most cities
proof? The gyms near me have switched around several times so far
>>You can pretty much cheat the system by paying for incense
so now you want to go outside to play the game? incenses only guarantees like 4-5 encounters anyways, you still grind faster by going outside
>>Great way to get mugged/attacked according to the article I posted
not if you stay near residential areas and go during the day. Also makes some friends and travel in groups.
>>
File: Untitledfff.png (163 KB, 340x534) Image search: [Google]
Untitledfff.png
163 KB, 340x534
>>27091405
lol it was 109 outside this afternoon, git fucking gud noob.
>>
>>27091408
>Neckbeards on hoverboards

First off they aren't even walking so I would have pointed that out to them, secondly I didn't know neckbeards rode those things, I thought that was a normie thing.

>>27091592
Holy shit, where do you fucking live? And why would anyone walk in 109 degree weather for hours on end? Do you at least carry bottled water with you? You're kind of retarded if you don't.
>>
>>27090472

Understand GO is part of a global initiative to bait a majority of the planets population into major cities
>>
>>27091648
Tucson
>implying i walk
i ride a scooter around with the phone attached to a handle bar mount.
>>
>>27091683
>Rides a scooter

Defeats the purpose in a way, not that the game states you HAVE to walk but I imagine walking makes it more immersive and obviously it's healthier for you.
>>
It must suck to live in a shit town and have no friends.
>>
>>27090927
I did faggot
>>
>>27091766
Eh, you get use to it. I do agree my town is shit and I have no friends, I haven't had friends for about 14 months now. It's been at least over a year, I think the last time I had friends was in Spring of 2015. Coincidentally it's the last time I had an experience with a female, sexual or otherwise.
>>
>>27091683
If you haven't hit the Desert Museum yet, you are missing out. Shit is fucking crawling with pokestops and mon
>>
File: dunsparsebeingnice.jpg (162 KB, 900x786) Image search: [Google]
dunsparsebeingnice.jpg
162 KB, 900x786
I haven't seen this many neckbeards roaming the street as I have after the game came out. Go back in your holes.
>>
>>27090991
Some of the challenges are named after npcs you fucking dolt
>>
Outside a restraunt on Cape Cod I saw two kids playing this finding some Pokemon in front of me.

Plus I heard some group of highschoolers talking about it.
>>
>>27092374
Don't be fooled it's more popular among people over the age of 18, probably between 18 and 25 maybe even up to 30.

That's usually the fanbase for stuff like this, especially Pokemon. Pokemon fans are usually over the age of 20, or in their mid 20's.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-10-11-19-56.png (311 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-10-11-19-56.png
311 KB, 480x854
Only have two gyms in my town and team instinct is always holding them down
>>
>>27090584
Can we stop with giving the game credit for people going outside? It's not the first mobile thing that's caused people to wander aimlessly with their noses in a phone. And most normal people do go outside for other reasons.
>>
>>27092530
>And most normal people do go outside for other reasons.

I hardly ever go outside, I'm unemployed and sit in my house all day. Though I am looking for work, but I don't think you realize where you are. Most of these people probably never leave their house except to go to their jobs and some of them don't even have jobs.
>>
>>27092530
>Can we stop with giving the game credit for people going outside?
um no, because it is, so it deserves credit; nobody claimed that this was the first game, although it's probably the first game with this much success because of how popular pokemon is
>>
>>27090472
>Pokemon GO was a mistake, nobody would listen to me
Literally everyone thought this game was going to be retarded dogshit, snowflake. The people posting about it now are just tumblrweeds blowing in from facebook and shit to talk about it.
>>
>>27090472
>Expecting all the content from a $40 handheld game in a free mobile game
>Getting this mad about it

also, I live in a town with maybe 2-3k people. it's got 3-4 gyms, plenty of pokespots all over the place and shit tons of pokemon (all of which are located on or near a street, so i have no idea what the fuck you mean by "places pokemon in stupid places"). metropolis-oriented my ass
>>
>>27090472
>it's okay, we don't need your genetics in the breeding pool anyway. Darwin

OMG htat's just the most meta game ever made
>>
File: Satoshi_Tajiri.jpg (66 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Satoshi_Tajiri.jpg
66 KB, 640x360
Pokemon was a mistake - Satoshi Taijiri
>>
If I back out of the app to the homescreen then open the app again the whole thing shuts down and has to restart. What the fuck? Sometimes it takes 30-40 seconds to load up again?
>>
>>27090472
>actually have to leave your house to play it
suck it NEET
>>
>>27092664
Yeah, I think you have to leave the app running once you open it. You can't really multi-task while the app is running or it shuts down and you have to re-open it, a lot of people say they just leave the app opened and running while the walk around and it vibrates then they know there is a pokemon in the area.
>>
>No combat
false, you should play the game before you shitpost.
>No breeding
Would be pretty cool, fits this game well desu. I feel like this stuff was sort of meat on the bones needed, hopefully will be added later.
OH THE HORRORS! NOT THE OUTDOORS!
Not really, I live near a bunch of parks,/hiking trails tonnes of shit in those.
>Microtransactions
Surprsingly not cancer here though, dont intend to spend a dime and it wont hurt me.
>Places pokemon in stupid locations like girls bathrooms or private property areas
You dont need to walk up to them....
You can tap it.
retards.
We will see, so far so good.
Not really, doesn't do all that much, like 5 pokemon maybe. Better off actually going out. Lures+ multiple pokestops in one place is where it's at, and those are fine since someone else can pay, if you don't have any from levelling/coins from gyms.
Where I live that's bound to happen a lot anyway. Just don't be a beta. Then again muggers here don't have guns, only real gangsters.
>walks around for like four hours and I feel nothing but pity for him, he has no life.
YOU MEAN HE WENT FOR A WALK OUTSIDE!? FOR FOUR HOURS!?!?!? WHAT A NO LIFE, HE SHOULD STAY INSIDE AND PLAY VIDEOGAMES IN ONE SPOT INSTEAD.
This may amaze you, but some people actually like going outside or for walks. and it's way more of a life than regular vidya.

That being said, do to your lack of knowledge on incense, combat, pokemon locations, and otherwise I doubt you have even played the game, just another shitpost.
>>
>>27090544
Fuck off Pegasus you double nigger
>>
>>27093269
this
>>
>>27093269
>>27093291

What's wrong KAIBA BOY? Did I strike a nerve?
>>
File: 1467075836567.png (161 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1467075836567.png
161 KB, 500x375
>>27090821
>>27090647
>>27090472

All me :^)
>>
>>27093171
^^ and its in fuckin beta lmao what did u excpect
>>
Joke's on you OP. I'm having FUN
>>
>>27090472
>I don't want to leave my house the post
>>
>>27090472
>have a friend who walks around for like four hours...he has no life
he's out getting exercise and quite likely meeting other players. you're whining on the internet. who here has more of a life??
>>
It just got released a few days ago. Besides breeding would just be a way to farm for candy
>>
>>27090472
It's appealing to The dead gen1 fans that stopped supporting
They are revived and looking publicly retarded
>>
How is a game like Pokemon Go even legal to begin with? The trespassing private property bit seems like a real issue, a lot of idiots are going to do this and the game will get a bad name really soon.
>>
>>27092590
Quickly explain to me how it is better than geocaching? At least that's not played by idiots causing car crashes you clown.
Also they don't deserve credit for it at all, because it literally is a lazy copy of ingress with Pokémon skins
>>
You exposed your bait right there
>>
you can complain all you want OP. i'll stick to hanging out with new friends and meeting/talking with qt3.14 grills, all while finding mons
>>
>>27090584
>no one is foricing you to go outside you 200 pounds of lazy bitterness
...fuck, not even OP, but I am over 200lbs. I've actually gained weight the past week since I started playing even though I've been walking 5+km a day. I hate myself so much.
>>
>Work at a mental hospital
I only downloaded Pokemon Go so that I could tell the patients where the Pokemon hide
>>
>>27096538

I honestly dont see where this "tresspassing" could even happen. When a pokemon appears on screen, you tap it and it goes to the AR screen. Unless normies dont know that and think you have to actually run into the pokemon for it to initiate?
>>
>>27091219
No lie, got a date with a qt from this app and met like 4 cool people today at a meetup.

I love this fucking game.
>>
Is there a cp cap or falloff of some sort?

Yesterday there was a 100 level difference between me and the local gym, now there's a 300 level difference,

Would a bunch of dudes with cp 500 pokemon be able to defeat a gym with cp 1000 pokemon?
>>
>>27090472
>No combat
>No breeding
Not a mainline pokemon game. Plus the gameplay has to be simple - too much of a complex game would make it a hassle. If you want combat + breeding, SM will be released soon.

No shit you lazy ass faggot.

>Microtransactions
And? Everything you can get with money, you can get by playing. EVERYTHING.

>Gym system is a joke
You better explain why.

Add landmarks to your land of nowhere. They'll become pokestops/gyms within a week.

You have to be within a range to see the 'mon. You don't even have to enter a house to get a pokemon inside the house.

Darwin was right.

So? Be the contrarian bitch and show them. Or join them and get all the benefits.

So?

Don't mindlessly aim to whatever area may have a pokestop. If it looks shady run the fuck away.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>27090472
>>
File: epXMujn.jpg (95 KB, 845x900) Image search: [Google]
epXMujn.jpg
95 KB, 845x900
too bad its more fun than the series games

well, that is, if you have friends
>>
>>27090472
out of all the things you listed, this is the most autistic. god forbid you actually leave your house for once, you basement dwelling troglodyte.
>>
>>27090927
MODS
>>
>>27096926
>actually gained weight the past week since I started playing even though I've been walking 5+km a day. I hate myself so much.
Go outside for a run and use the game as extra incentive
>>
File: 1454456279005.jpg (730 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454456279005.jpg
730 KB, 1920x1080
>>27090472
>a bad thing
>>
>can't decide whether to go out and play Pokemon go or stay home and jerk off
>get a brilliant idea
>go out to play Pokemon go and masturbate in public at the same time
>get arrested

Fuck you Niantic, this is all your fault!
>>
>>27090927
Fucking scrub.
>>
>tfw can't go outside because will be called a pedo
>>
>>27090472
>>27099839
Getting exercise is terrible for you. It's bad on your heart. Your heart beats a finite number of times, by raising your Heartbeat, you are cutting down on your lifespan. Tortoises live a long time because they barely move, rabbits only live for a year or so and all they do is run and fuck = higher heartbeat.

This game is killing a lot of people and they don't even know it yet.
>>
>>27100471
I like the part where you use the word finite to confuse people, as if it means a predetermined number of times.
>>
File: shoji.jpg (16 KB, 300x305) Image search: [Google]
shoji.jpg
16 KB, 300x305
>>27090472
i think it's fun asshole
>>
>>27100506
Explain why hummingbirds only live a year? They are constantly on the move and have incredibly fast heartbeats. Hearts get damaged the more they are used, they are constantly in use, so you have no time to repair the damage caused by raising it. Do your fucking research, stop playing this dangerous game.
>>
>>27090472
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11672443

Pokémon Go was a mistake.
>>
File: 4cflMvI.png (354 KB, 406x436) Image search: [Google]
4cflMvI.png
354 KB, 406x436
Your favorite thing is now super popular and accepted, now by both kids AND adults. This means means people won't think you're weird for obsessing over Pokemon. In fact, that might help you make friends and make people like you. There is no downside to this for you whatsoever.

And yet the response here has been
>normies get out REEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, for fuck's sake, there's pokemon gyms in real life now. And you're telling me you're not gonna be the very best, the best ever was? You're seriously not gonna try to be a Pokemon master? How do you even justify posting here anymore? Funny, when it comes right down to it, the "normies" are the TRUE Pokemon fans and you're all a bunch of fakes.

Pathetic.

Ya know what, I'm gonna hype myself up, download the app, and become the best damned trainer in my town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i8tCNDTr3I

What are you gonna do, /vp/?
>>
cant wait til next month when people have forgotten about this shit game
>>
>>27100622
The problem is that you assume the anti-social tribalism came AFTER they were pokemon fans, not that they were already anti-social weirdos and latching on to pokemon was just a coincidence. They were never going to be happy about this becoming popular and them being accepted because they were never the type of people interested in that; they just wanted to be left alone in their special little bubble away from criticism and the society that scares them.
>>
>>27100622
This is exactly how I feel. My roommate and I live down the road from a church that is a gym. Some of the local kids are on team valor, we are on team Mystic. We are in a war for control of that gym. The two of us have much higher CP pokemon, they have lower level but more people in their group, balancing the odds.

Everyday at noon, they take it. Every evening after work we take it back. It feels really rewarding being part of the community, even if it's a stupid, simple little game. I love it.

I'm also recreating my team I used to beat the Elite Four on my Gameboy Color, I can't wait to have my childhood team back!
>>
>>27090472
If the combat system was the same as the portable console games it would instantly dominate the market over them and thus would render the DS games obsolete, even upcoming ones so investment wise it’s not convenient for pokemon company/Nintendo, if you’re a shut down neckbeard going out and having some air would actually be good for your health, microtransactions are a must for f2p games because otherwise they would be dead the GPS is stupid but it’s not like you can just go and find the pokemon other day, if people are reckless and stupid it’s not the fault of the game and according to mugs and what not… well just don’t go to Lure spots you don’t know or don’t walk by the lure spot with your phone outside of the pocket.
4/10 didn’t trigger me enough
>>
>>27090495

I agree with you but don't want to admit it: The Post
>>
>>27091408
>>two of them have female playermodels

>tfw closeted mtf
>want to make female character but people will make fun of me

;_;
>>
>>27091766
>live in small shitty town with less than 120 people
>have 4 pokestops
>all within 5 minutes walking distance

:^)
>>
File: 1440542368818-0.png (463 KB, 679x625) Image search: [Google]
1440542368818-0.png
463 KB, 679x625
>>27101102
>tfw male
>tfw chose male character
>tfw all the medals and achievements are designed for female player
>unlock "punk girl" last night
>>
>>27090472
>I hate this game with added reasons and call it garbage.

Hmm, you make some interesting points. Now for counter argument. Almost everything you listed as a negative could also be listed as a positive. The ones that can't be listed as positives are pretty stupid to begin with. As most pokemon I have right now I didn't have to tresspass on anyone's property to get, didn't have to do anything dangerous to get, and have been setting up to just wreck everything around.

To me it sounds like you are trying to argue that a fresh out of the box ftp game should be as polished as one you pay lots of money for. That isn't going to happen. In fact, the more bare bones you make the app then work to the more polished game, the better. Tell me anon, did you not have a phone you could play it on, or your mom and dad don't want you to put it on their phone?
>>
>>27101102
don't worry about it sis, if someone asks say you didn't know you couldn't go back and change it
>>
>>27101102
I hope you can transition soon and start to feel comfortable in your skin, anon. I believe in you!
>>
met a qt playing this game

I almost want to just use it to meet people rather than actually play
>>
>>27090544
You're a fucking pussy, OP
>>
>>27096648
>Quickly explain to me how it is better than geocaching?
Because no one plays it maybe?
Because it doesn't require physical objects?
Because it's god damn pokemon?

>At least that's not played by idiots causing car crashes you clown.
Please, you know for a fact the only reason people are reporting the Pokemon accidents are because it's Pokemon and will actually get some views.

Mention Ingress? You get "what the fuck is Ingress?"
Mention Geocaching? You get the same thing.
Pokemon now you have it on clickbait sites everywhere.
>>
>>27090472
>I'm fat and I don't have my concealed carry.
I bet you clip your nails over newspaper while watching Judge Judy.
>>
Can I have the same pokemon defend more than 2 gyms at the same time?

Can I power up my pokemon that is defending a gym?
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x672
>be extremely into gaming from early childhood in the 80s
>grow up and make a career in the industry
>over the course of 10 years get totally disenfranchised with vidya and its community, barely play any games, and eventually leave the industry
>haven't played a video game seriously in about two years

GO is fun as shit. It's massively popular because it appeals to everyone. Of course edgy fucks who hate life will hate this phenomenon as the eternal contrarian they are.

Pokemon go is not just the future of the Pokemon franchise I wouldn't be surprised if it created world peace.

>mfw GO is the last project I worked on before I bounced
>>
I am considering renting a local theater and doing a marathon of the first 3 Pokémon movies. The theater is Pokéspot so we could set up non-stop lures.
The game isn't officially out in my country but I've talked to dozens of people playing it. Do you think I should wait until the game is officially released before I do this? How illegal would it be to show the films?
Yes, I am team Team Aumystic
>>
>Game gets people to go outside and put away our differences and maybe even be social with people we don't know
>4chan hates it

Why am I not surprised?

Can't we all just pretend to be normies for a while?
>>
File: 1466718436023s.jpg (6 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1466718436023s.jpg
6 KB, 228x228
>>27091183
My nigga.
>>
>>27090472
You make very good points, while the game is kind of fun, people are just retarded.
It's a nice thing to have on my morning run and when i'm out with my mates though, i can't really bring my 3ds to do those things.
>>
>>27091299
>pocket knife
>safe

fucking christ man.

>high traffic

you really are retarded af

1. they chart out spots that ARE NOT HIGH TRAFFIC but are getting NEW TRAFFIC thanks to GO. Use your fucking brain you retard. fuck.

2. a pocket knife? REALLY? Wave it at them and see what they do when you ESCALATE a situation when they have KNIVES TOO. A BLADED WEAPON IS FUCKING HORRIFYING YOU DUMB SHIT. Bring a gun, or give up to the mugging peaceably, because anything else is going to see you either shot by them, or stabbed by them, and likely with your own fucking knife.

christ. pokemon GO is perfect. Retards get what they deserve.
>>
File: 4i98bMGiE.png (82 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
4i98bMGiE.png
82 KB, 400x254
>Nintendo announced today that if you are planning on going to an area you are not familiar with to protect yourself from others use the buddy system

>this comes as people put out lures and told others to arrive and then attempt to rob people at gunpoint in several metropolitan areas
>>
>>27104873
>normies
I'm probably much more of a normie than most people on 4chan, and the whole "socializing" shit is almost entirely the reason why I stopped playing this shit, aside from all the horrible problems and it being boring. Nobody normal in society goes around bothering strangers and trying to "make friends" or some autistic manchild shit.
>>
>>27091248
>one person got mugged
I live in St. Louis and it's WAY more than one person. People are getting fuckin robbed.
>>
twitch.tv therealtoxic94

This guy proves that GO was a mistake...

*cringe warning*
>>
>>27105639
don't carry any money or cards with you
get a 60 dollar crap phone for pokemon go
laugh as they take your shoes instead
>>
>>27090965
>4 hours of exercise and socializing
Only a god damn fatass autist would consider 4 hours of aimless, slow walking to be exercise and socializing to any notable degree. You burn more calories on an elliptical in 30 minutes than you would from "playing" Go for 4 hours. Also, harassing strangers on the street doesn't count as socializing.
>>
>>27090991
I played with two girls on the street corner last night, there are tons of girls playing this game faggot.
>>
Hey, remember Twitch Plays Pokemon? Remember how annoying that shit was? Remember how it stopped and people moved on to the next hip nostalgia fad?
That will happen with Go soon enough. Don't worry.
>>
File: 1468022445692.gif (3 MB, 445x247) Image search: [Google]
1468022445692.gif
3 MB, 445x247
>>27105689
>i am hitting on women playing pokemon go
>>
>>27105683
You don't need to tell me how to fucking handle myself, I'm not one of these autistic retards. Also, not carrying anything is a good way to get yourself fuckin' stabbed, shot, or kidnapped around here. Just stop looking like an autistic retard when you walk around by yourself at night.
Also, who the fuck is gonna buy a $60 phone that can barely run the shitty app and pay for another line of data just to play this fucking game?
>>
>>27091299
>I'd at least carry a pocket knife or something with me just to be safe.
God damn you fucking aspies better be glad as fuck you don't live in stl, you'd get fucking shot in the street and dumped in the mississippi if you pulled a god damn swiss army knife out of your pocket round here
>>
File: 1468093690720.png (228 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1468093690720.png
228 KB, 848x480
>go hang out at street corners looking for pokemon
>police come up and ask me if i am a dealer
>>
>>27105615
Speak for yourself. I walked to a stop in my neighborhood last night, set up a lure and it brought like 10 people out there. Guy in a house across the street let us hang out on his porch and have beers. Hung out with normal people I wouldn't have met otherwise.
>>
>>27105905
>it brought out 10 people
free2play fags are cancer
always coming to scoop up the leftovers
>>
>>27105905
You used to know your neighbors in America.

Not anymore, though.
>>
>>27105688
Low Impact Exercise is healthier for your joints due than High Impact Exercise.

Plenty of well known marathon runners wear out the precious cartilage in their knees faster than people who never marathon ran at all.

That is why low impact exercise like swimming is better than running.

So walking around, taking a break, etc is actually better exercise.

Less risk of getting jock itch as well since by taking a break, you prevent yourself from getting too sweaty, and therefore less risk of irritating your inner thighs which can cause joke itch if you are not careful since a lot of people get jock itch by staying too sweaty while causing too much friction in their inner thighs without taking a break.

Athletes have to be constantly on the move so that is why they have a higher risk of jock itch.
>>
>>27092664
>>27092711
We should tweet Niantic to switch to Amazon Servers.
>>
>>27090472
>People getting injured because they can't look up from their phones
This is a good thing. The people who play this while driving were too stupid to live.
>>
>>27101102
Kill yourself degenerate.

I hope you start to consider suicide after transition like most transfags do. PROTIP: Go through with it.
>>
File: 1431406090201.jpg (36 KB, 298x242) Image search: [Google]
1431406090201.jpg
36 KB, 298x242
>>27106090
>I'm 350+lbs and don't know what lifting is

>>>/fit/
>>
>>27106090
>What is High Impact Interval Training
>>
File: Really, you swine.jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Really, you swine.jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>27106090
>you prevent yourself from getting too sweaty
What are you, a pussy?
>>
>>27106561
The Ancient Greeks and Romans used to exercise naked so they didn't need to worry about sweat or jock itch because they could expose their entire body to the air and fungus hate sunglight and oxygen.
>>
File: 1468125962733.jpg (121 KB, 900x960) Image search: [Google]
1468125962733.jpg
121 KB, 900x960
>>
Let me guess, OP.
>under lvl 5
>no irl friends to team up with
>no idea about the game mechanics
>you actually give a fuck about the retards that walk in front of cars playing this
In conclusion, OP is a stupid cuck.
>>
File: 1468129828829.jpg (295 KB, 714x761) Image search: [Google]
1468129828829.jpg
295 KB, 714x761
>>27107943
>>
>>27105742
they come up and talk to you m8
>>
>>27106090
Yeah, running is horrible. Ellipticals aren't high impact exercise. Walking barely counts as exercise unless you're a blob.
>>
File: Minecraft.png (396 KB, 959x767) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft.png
396 KB, 959x767
Here's the solution to counter Pokemon Go

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/07/11/why-microsoft-needs-to-copy-pokemon-go-and-release-minecraft-ar-on-mobile-asap/#235d71da204c
>>
>>27101295
>no combat and no breeding are a good thing
>a video game being 100% unplayable unless you can walk around is a "feature"
>microtransactions are a good thing
>lack of content is a good thing
Just fucking kill yourself already
>>
>>27096926
When you start getting more active you actually gain a bit of weight before you start losing it. It's because you're developing more muscles, and muscles weigh more than fat
>>
>>27090584
>yeah, microtransactions, just like in any other free to play game bitch
Pokemon Go is the worst thing to happen to this board.
>>
>>27090472
dude is mad because he needs a crane to get out of bed.
>>
>Places Pokemon in stupid locations like girls bathrooms or private property areas
For girls bathrooms... you can probably just catch 'em from outside the bathroom, or from the adjacent guy's bathroom if applicable. There's a bit of a tolerable level of distance here. For private property... how about you leave them alone? Let the owner of the house catch it. Imagine if you were starting up Pokemon Go, and you wanted to catch some Pokemon around your house to see if you like the game, and you find out there's none there because people keep catching them.

You actually can. The game will make your phone vibrate when there's a Pokemon around. You can safely not look at your phone while the application is open. Most people are just retards.

Or you could not and have more fun. Are games more fun with cheat codes?

Either carry a gun or play in highly densely populated areas where there would be numerous people to witness such a crime.
>>
>>27100471
People who sit for longer than 3 hours a day have a shorter lifespan than people who are active. But this entire thread is bait so who even cares.
>>
>>27113165

>No combat and no breeding are a good thing.
It does have combat, just not the type that Pokemon has ever had before. Saying there's no combat is objectively wrong. Breeding would be fun, but think like the developer anon, when you create something, anything, you start complex, then trim the fat. Breeding works in the portable games because they're designed around more stats and more complexity, and being more competitive than GO in general. You can't just copy + paste features into something completely different.

>a video game being 100% unplayable unless you can walk around is a "feature"

But it is a feature, and you can literally use this argument for anything

>A video game being 100% unplayable unless you can use your hands is a "feature"
>A video game being 100% unplayable unless you can hear is a "feature"

Games are designed with specific goals in mind of how to play them. That's actually part of the fucking definition of a game: "a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck."

>Microtransactions are a good thing
Agree with you there.

>lack of content is a good thing
Lack of content is never a good thing, but staggering content instead of throwing you everything at once is a smart thing, especially for developers if they want a game to have longevity. There are always people that will grind to finish everything; by adding features later, they get to keep things going at their pace.

So no, you're the one being the retard here, and should actually think about all points of view before making rash judgments
>>
Fuck pokemon digimon are better
>>
>>27106162
Maybe, but they're not always the ones who die.

>>27107943
What if this happened in reverse where the truck driver was the one playing Go and the car was a family going to a movie or something? Who's going to win that collision?
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.