[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sell me on the Mystery Dungeon games, /vp/. Are they worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 76890425.jpg (114 KB, 650x406) Image search: [Google]
76890425.jpg
114 KB, 650x406
Sell me on the Mystery Dungeon games, /vp/. Are they worth playing?
>>
Yes, Explorers of Sky is the best Pokemon game I've ever played

Great characters, comfy atmosphere, shit gets heavy in just the right way
>>
>>>26780804
Ask here
>>
>>26824783
So you'd say that's the best in the series? What does Explorers have that the other MD titles didn't?
>>
>>26824799
I haven't played the other MD games so I can't speak for them, but other people who have played through the whole series pretty consistently say that Explorers has the best story, music, characters, etc.
>>
File: end.jpg (127 KB, 400x960) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
127 KB, 400x960
get Super if you can, it's great in introducing the series and the difficulty is great

also the story is pants on head retarded compared to the others
>>
>>26824885
They're great, but Rescue Team and SMD are just as great, in my opinion.
>>
You can tell they are shit when the reasons for them being "good" don't include how the game actually plays.

>>26824885
>>
>>26824734
Best gameplay: Super
Best story (the only one that's actually pretty good instead of good by pokemon standards): Gates To Infinity
>>
File: 1458120149559.jpg (107 KB, 677x652) Image search: [Google]
1458120149559.jpg
107 KB, 677x652
>>26825460
>Infinity
>Best Story
what the fuck are you on
>>
>>26825087
Nice try
The gameplay of Super is good. It forces you to actually pay attention to your team and resources and how you traverse through the dungeons, unlike previous installments.
>>
no. These games all suck. very very shallow gameplay and lame stories. boring.
>>
>>26824734
Explorers of Sky is an amazing game, and personally, the one I would start on. Just don't end up as Bulbasaur, or a grass type in general. 1st boss is a psychic type in a cave filled with Staravia and poison types. That alone almost made me quit. SMD is fun, too, but Sky has better characters. Ignore Gates to Infinity.
>>
>>26824734
It's a Pokémon dungeon crawler, if you like that genre you'll like PMD (though it's on the easy side compared to the average game of the genre, but you should expect that since it's Pokémon).
>>
Yeah.
More story than main series stuff.
Not really that difficult but still entertaining.

Bonus points if you're a furry.
>>
>>26824734
If the current generation of main games are too easy for you, you should definitely hit up Explorers of the Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon.

Super Mystery Dungeon has arguably the best gameplay of the series as you're actually forced to be more conservative and cautious of your resources, which makes for an intense but satisfying experience. Explorers of the Sky is the "best" as it's an all-around winner for story, gameplay, and customization.

Also, if you like certain Pokemon that are normally shit in the main games, they have a chance to shine in the mystery dungeon games since stats are distributed differently and some moves become really good (See: Heat Wave and Hydro Pump).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.