[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon Alchemist Beta 2 We had a really good run last week,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 69
File: alchemist.png (769 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
alchemist.png
769 KB, 512x384
Pokemon Alchemist Beta 2

We had a really good run last week, so here's thread number two! I've released quite a bit of new stuff, but a lot of it is towards the end of the game/postgame.

>What is this game? Pitch it to me op.
This is a game I've been developing on Essentials since December 2014. It's been just me and publicly available scripts/sprites. I've tried to make it as similar to the main
series games as possible, so no Fakemon. It's sort of a blend between Gens III, IV, and V. On that note the game has NOT been updated to Gen VI standards just yet. The game has all eight
Gyms and the Pokemon League, along with some postgame.

>Story? Pokemon Available?
It's a more traditional Pokemon story. The player, on an adventure, is swept into an evil teams plot to take over the region by ressurecting an ancient Pokemon
Along with the International Police, and some Gym Leaders, you try to stop their plot all over the region. There's quite a few easter eggs regarding their past hidden throughout the game, and the story goes a little silly
towards the end, I hope you all enjoy it!

You should be able to capture every single Pokemon in Gen I - V when I've fully completed the game. Nearly all of them are in right now aside from some legendaries. You can see most
of whats in the game in the Google Document below.
>>
>How can I download, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7aBcpe4sbDAz0CsmxFUfOi7Xrs4YMhYhil4obMB-wI/edit
The game is not complete, so be careful. I've been tinkering around with random parts of the game recently, and while I've tested them, stuff could still just go wrong. Be
careful! I'd like your feedback on anything really, from Routes and Towns to Difficulty.

Thanks again for testing this guys. It seems a few people have gotten pretty darn far into the game, which is awesome.
>>
>>26801668
>Essentials
Literally why.
>>
>>26802686
>not having the obvious limitations of a rom hack is bad
>>
>>26802714
>not showing how good you are by going past the limitations
baka
>>
File: Alchemist Team 5.png (19 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Alchemist Team 5.png
19 KB, 512x384
I was wondering when you would post again. I just beat Chris. That was hard.

So far this has been pretty good. Harder than the average pokemon game, with a couple of annoying spots in particular.

Some bugs I've noticed:
- Rain in Graphite city / the 4th gym is buggy.
- In the 4th gym, while surfing, you can walk inside the wall in a spot near the gym leader.
- In Icepick, before challenging the gym, I tried to go in the big [whatever company] building (where Chris is. I can't remember the name of the company). This triggered a rival battle. After the battle, I went back to the pokemon center and healed. When I walked up to the building again, it triggered another rival battle.
>>
File: mapcircles.png (72 KB, 514x410) Image search: [Google]
mapcircles.png
72 KB, 514x410
>>26802686
After working with romhacking for years, essentials gives you a lot of freedom. It was really frustrating being restricted so much. Aside from a little bit of lag in an area or two, Essentials has worked excellently. I would love to play the game on mobile though.

>>26802739
I was never too good with romhacking, the whole data limitation was a little overwhelming honestly. I remember once I went over the limit god knows where, probably dialogue or something, and one of my Gym Leaders was stuck with a level 98 Hypno and the game was literally unbeatable, not even kidding.

>>26802761
I've been adding more and more rain removal tiles but it seems to be getting stuck, I'll just throw some more all over the place, because I like the rain gimmick but don't want to remove it.
As for the rival battle, I've fixed it. If you don't want to battle him again, just walk over the tile you beat him first on.

In the new update I've added some new areas, circled on the map. So those are open for testing as well. I've jury-rigged a new route on mapfags original, and I plan on adding another, to give incentive for going back to older locations, like some people were saying.
>>
>>26802832
Well, it would be great if we had a 3ds homebrew version of Essentials actually.
>>
File: image.png (39 KB, 513x406) Image search: [Google]
image.png
39 KB, 513x406
My team so far, just beat the Icepick City gym.
>>
>>26802897
Dude, fix your fonts. There's a font folder included in Alchemist, just drag and drop those into the fonts folder on your PC. The path should be something like
>Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts
Just search for it, you'll find it.

Good luck fighting Chris; he's hard. You'll probably have an easier time of it than I did, though, because your pokemon are higher leveled. Did you grind some?
>>
>>26803086
Yeah they're all at 45, but I've known how to do the fonts but I'm literally the laziest human being.
>>
File: roaming.png (50 KB, 513x411) Image search: [Google]
roaming.png
50 KB, 513x411
>>26802848
I know people have gotten some OS's to run on 3ds but I doubt it could handle essentials.

>>26802897
good team, did you ever grab that 3rd badge?

>>26803086
Chris was never intended to be this hard actually, he used to be the final beta boss a while back but then the game got more gyms, etc. so he lost the title and I never brought his levels down. I've made him in line with the Gym Leader.

>>26803236
Just double click the font in the folder

In the new update, if you make it to postgame. There's some neat roaming legendaries as well, good luck catching them.
>>
>>26803281
>I know people have gotten some OS's to run on 3ds but I doubt it could handle essentials.
Yeah, you can run Windows 95 on the New 3DS but it's definitely not enough.
>>
>>26803281
Yeah I read through the latest thread archive and found the spot to pick it up.
>>
A note on the first gym:
Belly Drum + Mach Punch on the Magby can be quite devastating. I wouldn't give a way of maxing attack and a prio attack for the first gym.
Only reason I won was because the AI was stupid and didn't spam Mach Punch after a bdrum.
Why do I consider it bad? Because not everyone has a 'mon that can 2hko it at that point of the game. I sure didn't. Picking Treecko is suffering. Yeah, you can go back and get something from the first route, but it's a long trip since you can't Fly. I only won thanks to a Quick Attack crit.
>>
>>26803318
I thought linux got on 3ds? Or maybe that was wii u.

>>26803323
sounds great, hope you can keep progressing

>>26803427
yeah as fun as it is having a really difficult pokemon gym 1, I've recieved a lot of mixed opinions on it. Some like the challenge, some don't. I think it's better to keep the powerful moves, like the punches, but remove the attack buffer move. I've adjusted the 1st gym for hopefully the last time.
>>
>>26803466
>I thought linux got on 3ds?
Yeah, that too, but last time I checked it couldn't even access the SD card. And even then, that wouldn't be useful to play games either
>>
Been enjoying it so far I have a question and a comment. First that guy you have to fight after the ice gym seems a bit too high level. His whole team is level 45 and the ice leader's anchor is 37. My question is where do you go after you beat him? I know I'm supposed to go to Graphite and handle Blue Ribbon but the only thing I can find is the guard who is asleep.
>>
>>26804766
I've nerfed the level 45 guy, but if you update the sleeping guard now properly disappears, allowing you to do the final event.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Uj-CGe7Fg
Aye, can someone convert the game to iOS and drop a Dropbox link here? Currently my computer broke and I'd like to try this game out. Don't want an android conversion as my phone is already kind of full
>>
File: creep.png (44 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
creep.png
44 KB, 512x384
>>26802761 here.
Here are my experiences with the gyms so far:
>1
I didn't have trouble with Magby because Numel killed it the turn it used Belly Drum. I could definitely see it killing entire teams though.
>2
Chansey was really annoying. It's not particularly dangerous, because it's weak and will run out of Dizzy Punch pp pretty quickly, but it's really tough to kill. I got lucky and was able to kill it with a crit Magnitude from my Geodude, but otherwise I might have had to wait until it started struggling. Imo Munchlax was already tough and a good choice for an ace, and you can just add some third pokemon.
>3
This one was really easy for me. I went to the mines before fighting the gym, so I was overleveled. Roserade soloed the gym.
>4
I figured that this gym would be really easy with Roserade and two water absorbers. I was wrong. Swanna is really strong. The situation I ended up in was that Swanna could outspeed and OKHO 4 of my pokemon (Darumaka/Gligar/Machamp/Roserade) while being able to 2HKO my other two mons while they couldn't do significant damage back. I ended up having to cheese it by spamming healing items on Quagsire until it ran out of Hurricane PP. This my just be a team composition error on my part because I don't have any flying resists though.
>5
Darmanitan killed 3 mons before dying, and I cleaned up the rest without much trouble. I think running multiple focus sashes is kind of cheap, but maybe not. Also, Mamoswine should have thick fat.

Also, Chris's Gliscor doesn't have poison heal.

Did you increase the shiny rate from the base game? Because I found a shiny Klink, which makes it the second shiny I've caught this run (excluding the ones in the mines).

Pic related made me laugh.
>>
>>26805074
The game runs on RPGMaker XP and can't be played on iOS sadly.

>>26805563
Thanks for all this. The 4th gym just seems to be really above the difficulty curve, and nearly everyone, myself included, has a lot of trouble with it. Some difficulty is good, but too much isn't. I've adjusted some gyms from your advice.
They were changed in the most recent patch though, rather than a Swanna, she now has a Ducklett and Mamoswine is now Piloswine, so any further adjustments could be overkill.

Shinys are 100/65536 or around 0.0015258789, which is increased from normal. In my opinion finding a shiny at normal rates in a fangame really stings because you can't transfer it over, so I like to have a higher rate.
>>
>>26801668
Been playing it for a bit now it is great!!!! Is there experience share btw?
>>
Just finished the second Blue Ribbon encounter in Graphite and I really enjoyed it. Colress and Looker felt like they did in their respective games and served to make the game really feel like a Pokemon game as opposed to a cringy fan insert or something and the story tied together really well.

On the note of the gyms maybe instead of making their Pokemon weaker give them fewer Pokemon? The Wailord and Glalie felt unimpressive and both leaders had fairly large teams if I recall correctly so maybe remove them instead of giving the leaders NFEs. That being said I've never made a game before and I'm enjoying this one so do what you think is best.
>>
>>26806584
Glad you're enjoying it, the EXP Share is located in Treetrunk Town.

>>26806600
Gym teams are killing me right now. Here are the current teams, anyone got any ideas?

LEADER_Julia
Julia
4,HYPERPOTION,HYPERPOTION,FULLHEAL
TENTACOOL,31,,TOXICSPIKES,SURF,SLUDGEBOMB,PROTECT,2,M,,,,25
DUCKLETT,32,FLYINGGEM,HURRICANE,WATERPULSE,SCALD,ROOST,0,F,,,,25
FLOATZEL,33,SITRUSBERRY,WATERFALL,AQUAJET,BEATUP,BATONPASS,0,M,,,,25
WAILORD,34,CHESTOBERRY,WATERPULSE,REST,SLEEPTALK,YAWN,0,F,,,,30

LEADER_Walt
Walt
5,FULLRESTORE,FULLRESTORE,FULLRESTORE
SNOVER,36,FOCUSSASH,BLIZZARD,GIGADRAIN,PROTECT,LIGHTSCREEN,0,M,,,,25
GLALIE,37,,SPIKES,EXPLOSION,BLIZZARD,CRUNCH,0,M,,,,25
BEARTIC,35,,ICICLECRASH,AQUAJET,SUPERPOWER,STONEEDGE,0,M,,,,25
PILOSWINE,36,ICEGEM,EARTHQUAKE,BLIZZARD,PROTECT,ROCKSLIDE,2,M,,,,30
WEAVILE,37,SITRUSBERRY,FAKEOUT,ICEPUNCH,NIGHTSLASH,SWORDSDANCE,1,F,,,,30

Originally, Julia had a Swanna but it was a bit too powerful so I made it Ducklett, but now I'm not sure, since that's a really weak NFE like you said. Maybe remove Ducklett and make Tentacool a Cruel again? Remove Glalie but make Piloswine into Mamoswine?
Anyone else got any ideas?
>>
>>26806667
Removing Glalie and making Piloswine a Mamoswine sounds reasonable but I didn't mean that your changes were bad I just meant it as a possible alternative. Personally I think it would work either way I'd just do what you think feels better.
>>
>>26806987
I'll probably do that then, I just thought I'd get the opinions of a few people on the teams.
Gonna head to bed, hoping thread stays alive. If anyone comes by, post what you think about those gym teams.
>>
Meowth
>>
After getting the waterfall hm from rival I go to battle them and they have pokemon level 70 whereas im only around level 45
>>
>>26808731
Where do you go after the 6th gym? I think I'm supposed to head to River town for the opening of something but I can't find anything.
>>
>>26810504
You go north of river town then east and the bullet train station is there.
>>
File: surfing.png (73 KB, 795x584) Image search: [Google]
surfing.png
73 KB, 795x584
>>26811177
thanks I found it like 5 minutes after I posted and felt like an idiot (nice dubs btw).

I think I'm stuck in Victory Road though. I found some water but I can't surf on it. I can surf one tile south of it (on dry land) but I can't continue surfing into the water and I tried every tile of water.

Also if you're still looking for ideas for the 6th gym you could always add some propeller puzzles and maybe a straight path to the leader with some trainers as an alternative.
>>
>>26808731
I'm guessing you found some sort of postgame battle, where exactly were you?
>>
Excellent work as usual. Love the game, despite some of its bugs.
>>
>>26808731
Where is that battle?
Seems like I missed it since I don't have waterfall
>>
File: dhkjebf.png (29 KB, 513x411) Image search: [Google]
dhkjebf.png
29 KB, 513x411
>>26811379
That's a good idea. I was thinking about a teleport puzzle or something, but maybe for the time being I'll do a path with some trainers.
I've fixed the Victory Road bug, and uploaded a patch.

>>26811689
Glad you're enjoying it

I also realized I gave the player Fly twice, one in Graphite, and once in Icepick. I've changed the Graphite item to an Itemfinder.

Also, not sure if this is just me. I think after finishing a battle it plays the wind background noise. Anyone else experiencing this? I have absolutely no idea why its occurring.
>>
>make it to third gym in one sitting
>open pokedex to check where a pokemon is
>game crashes and i lose my save

o-okay
>>
>>26811998
teleport would be neat as well and it fits with the air current theme a little better (being blown from place to place) and thanks for patching Victory Road very excited to see the Elite four
>>
File: hhhhh.png (33 KB, 511x408) Image search: [Google]
hhhhh.png
33 KB, 511x408
This bridge has some collision issues, can't walk underneath it. Plus I can't surf on the water to the right.
>>
File: m.png (26 KB, 268x223) Image search: [Google]
m.png
26 KB, 268x223
I think the bridge in victory road is bugged for me I can't go under it
>>
File: bridge.png (37 KB, 517x412) Image search: [Google]
bridge.png
37 KB, 517x412
>>26812023
That really sucks. I have no idea how to fix the Pokedex, and I posted for some help online, and nobody else does. It's not a good situation.

>>26812655
>>26812637
It's a race to see who beats the game first.
I've fixed the problem, patch out.

I've also realized what the guy was talking about earlier with the level 70's. I forgot to disable being able to go to the Battle Frontier whenever, since I was recently testing some of that stuff.
That has also been fixed.
>>
>>26811608
At the battle frontier right after getting the hm, rival was waiting outside the pokecenter, i talked to them which initiated the battle
>>
>>26802686
kill yourself romfag
>>
File: rofl.png (12 KB, 256x219) Image search: [Google]
rofl.png
12 KB, 256x219
fug :DDD
>>
File: a small problem.png (70 KB, 796x610) Image search: [Google]
a small problem.png
70 KB, 796x610
I got to the champion but before we could even talk to each other a powerful force drew me to this door and trapped me. Haven't had >>26814810 happen though.
>>
>>26813163
Yeah, i fixed it. The Battle Frontiers supposed to be postgame but I forgot to make it that since I was testing it recently. Now you can get destroyed by level 70s in the postgame instead of around the 6th gym.

>>26814810
I'm not too sure what caused this, but i think I fixed it?

>>26814941
I've fixed this one as well

patch is out
>>
File: idon'twant.jpg (36 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
idon'twant.jpg
36 KB, 500x404
>>26801668
>Essentials
>>
File: HoF.png (74 KB, 787x619) Image search: [Google]
HoF.png
74 KB, 787x619
Really enjoyed the game OP haven't done any of the post game yet but I need a 6th mon and I'll probably replace Seismitoad with Gastrodon before I do that. I keked at the psychic E4's dialogue. Only notes of criticism would be that the last 2 gyms gave me TMs I already had (energy ball and return). And all the in game trades I found were for Pokemon I could find elsewhere in the world. Maybe give trades their hidden abilities or make them one of a kind Pokemon. But those are really minor you made an ambitious and fun game all by yourself so congrats on that.
>>
File: fug.png (15 KB, 264x224) Image search: [Google]
fug.png
15 KB, 264x224
>>26815041
>I'm not too sure what caused this, but i think I fixed it?
I'm 99% sure what caused it was blacking out in the middle of elite four
Not fixed tho
>>
>>26815780
Glad you enjoyed the game, I replaced those last two TMs. Keeping track of all of them is a pain. There's not too much postgame currently, but it's been what I've been doing recently

>>26815887
I'll look into it and post when I fix it, really weird error
>>
Bumping because the game is good and this thread deserves to live
>>
>>26801668
Gonna give it a go, OP. Have you modified anything about the pokemon, like giving the shittier ones a much needed bump?
>>
File: fuck yeah.jpg (50 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
fuck yeah.jpg
50 KB, 700x393
Bumping this for alch dev, game is pretty fun so far.

Keep up the good work
>>
File: 1426472127525.png (29 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
1426472127525.png
29 KB, 170x170
>>26817497
It's been a while since I've modified some Pokemon, but if I remember correctly...
Typhlosion now gets Earth Power
Buizel doesnt get Sonicboom very early
Treecko/Cyndaquil have had their stats a little adjusted.

>>26817218
>>26817725
Thanks for the bumps familia
>>
>>26817960
good to know. i'm enjoying it so far, though I didn't even reach the first gym
>>
File: er.png (21 KB, 423x176) Image search: [Google]
er.png
21 KB, 423x176
Hey m8 using a link stone on a Karrablast will crash the game
Here's the error message
>>
>>26817497
Not OP but there's an editor in the same folder as the game and you can adjust just about everything a Pokemon can do in there. Only downside is you have to be careful not to replace the file when you update or you'll have to redo all your changes.
>>
>>26818155
that's good to know
>>
>>26801668
There's a /heg/ >>26787915 over here if you wanna shill the game, Alch dev.
>>
File: dwkegbhfhwle.png (7 KB, 512x408) Image search: [Google]
dwkegbhfhwle.png
7 KB, 512x408
>>26818137
I've fixed the issue, it'll be in the game when I release the next patch

>>26819147
eh, I've been lurking /heg/ for ages but I don't really want to shill in other threads.
>>
>>26819290
You should honestly, people who actually produce something playable are rare, and you might inspire someone to keep at it. Might get more beta testers out of the deal too.

Either way, thanks for continuing to iron out the game problems as they're found, and to add new content on top of that. It's appreciated.
>>
First thing I noticed, picking the female trainer.
The throw-in animation is hella bugged.
>>
>>26819353
this t.b.h. famey
>>
File: asdf.png (19 KB, 661x373) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
19 KB, 661x373
>>26819568
Yeah, if you compare the throwing pokeball pictures, the dudes is obviously from gen 5. I looked through the internet a bit, but nobodys made a backsprite like this for Leaf, so its just sorta left bugged. If there's any spriters out there who want to give a leaf throwing sprite a shot, that would be greatly appreciated.

>>26819596
Alright I posted in the thread, it needed a bump anyways.

Since some people have beaten the game, I'll give the scoop on some of the postgame. You can take the Bullet Train over to a little postgame area, which I think is pretty awesome. There's some legendaries sprinkled around the region, and some previously locked areas have now opened up.
>>
>>26801668
>Alchemy
Does the game have anything to do with Hermeticism / actual Alchemy, anon?
>>
>>26819683
You just need to align the frames in Photoshop.
>>
>essentials
>no new pokemon
>generic ass story
>random title that has nothing to do with the game

Sorry, skipping this shit, should've called it pokemon feces version
>>
>>26803427
>Treecko is suffering

Tell me about it. Picked Treecko and it's been a bumpy ride ever since.
>>
Bretty gud
>>
>>26820112
>essentials
The word that triggers /vp/ like a hornet swarm.
>no new pokemon
Ah, /vp/. Most get mad with fakemons, and there's you
>generic ass story
implying most core pokemon games don't have generic ass story.
>random title
okay
>>
Why not making a game where the map is literally a single straight line?
>>
>>26822215
Why not commit suicide
>>
File: trback001.png (4 KB, 640x128) Image search: [Google]
trback001.png
4 KB, 640x128
>>26820066
I should keep my old post handy, since that did a good job explaining it. I've been using the name alchemist for like 6 or 7 years now, it's got a lot of sentimental values for me, so even though it makes 0 sense, I think I'll keep it that way.

>>26820085
I just whipped up that image in ms paint, combining the two individual pictures. This image is the one for the female, it just needs to be re-done like in gen 5.

>>26820112
Thanks for keeping the thread bumped while I was asleep, appreciate it.

>>26821167
Thanks

>>26822215
Why not make a region that's a giant circle? oh wait.

Surprisingly didn't have to fix any bugs when I woke up today, which is nice.
>>
File: 3.webm (51 KB, 248x114) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
51 KB, 248x114
>>26823236
Stuck anon here
I think i'm gonna just restart and hope it doesn't happen again
Do you want me to upload the save file somewhere so you can look at it yourself?
>>
>>26825572
Op here posting on mobile, In fixing the issue, it seems to have caused another. The door will correctly open up, but a side affect is that the back door opens up, allowing you to skip the elite four battles entirely.
If you're willing to wait a little, I could get the issue sorted out. If you saved on the door, not sure if its gonna work out, but when the update comes out we'll just have to see.
>>
>>26825960
Nah I saved oustside so it should be fine
>>
>>26825572
>>26826235
It looks like the League's been fixed, you can now, finally, beat the game. Update's out now.
Also, for those who do beat the game, show me a pic of the Hall of Fame screen. If you want something in the game, not too big, I'll do it.
In the old beta with like 5 gyms, someone beat it and requested a Soothe Bell in Graphite.
>>
File: door.png (8 KB, 258x194) Image search: [Google]
door.png
8 KB, 258x194
>>26827090
Now it seems like the door to the next room won't open
Unlucky
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-21+at+09.26.13).png (43 KB, 774x605) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-21+at+09.26.13).png
43 KB, 774x605
Hey man I'm liking the game so far but there's something that I've noticed about the protagonist sprite. It's a bit difficult to explain properly but the character stands a few pixels above where any other character stands on a tile. I've taken a screenshot that hopefully explains what the fuck I'm talking about.

Also I'm in Ember City and I'm not sure if I've missed the running shoes, it's fairly painful to trudge around without them.

Having fun overall.
>>
>>26828242
Brendan will give you the running shoes at the bottom of mountain town
You must have missed him
>>
File: pixels.jpg (72 KB, 777x603) Image search: [Google]
pixels.jpg
72 KB, 777x603
>>26828242
There's a few pixels difference in where NPCs stand vs where the PC stands on each tile.
>>
File: mndkwjenrf.png (113 KB, 513x409) Image search: [Google]
mndkwjenrf.png
113 KB, 513x409
>>26828140
lol, I fixed it.
Issue was I was editing and testing rematch script and not the regular one. patch out

>>26828285
I've moved him down just a tad, looks much better now. The Running Shoes are in Mountain, like the other anon said
>>
>>26828285
Yeah that's a much better way to phrase it.

>>26828285
>>26828348
Not sure how I missed it then but I'll make sure not to miss them when I trek back, thanks.
>>
File: el4.png (8 KB, 255x192) Image search: [Google]
el4.png
8 KB, 255x192
That was a bit harder than I'd like to admit

Also is there any EV training items?
Like a macho brace or the Power items?
A macho brace could work as a reward for beating the boss in mountain town
>>
>>26828873
There's definitely a Macho Brace lying around somewhere, I remember re-checking its name. Not exactly 100% sure where it is though, I forgot. No Power Items though.

If you'd like something in the game, for beating it just make a request. Nothing too crazy though. Same with the other dude who beat it earlier
>>
Before-bed-bump.
>>
Just downloaded it, will have a play through and report any bugs
>>
OP, could I do a Nuzlocke mode video series of your game?
>>
File: yeeeeeee.jpg (40 KB, 509x429) Image search: [Google]
yeeeeeee.jpg
40 KB, 509x429
>619 mb
>>
>>26829039

I'm >>26815780 I think it would be neat if after beating the ex-gym leader in the safari town she gave you a lucky egg.
>>
>>26832527
Yeah, sounds good. Just link the google doc if you do

>>26833264
A lot of it is music, if you really need the space you could just play the game on mute and delete the folder.

>>26834209
Sounds good, she's a bit of a challenge and that's a good prize. I've added it. Will be in the next patch.
>>
File: post game glitch.png (49 KB, 791x627) Image search: [Google]
post game glitch.png
49 KB, 791x627
Not sure if you're looking to bug fix post game content yet but I found a couple in North Kamla.

Pic related occurs when you start the double battle in the woods
When you attempt to send the child home she gets caught trying to path around you and the game soft locks
Also not sure if I mentioned it before but you can get to flint with only 2 switches flipped (top left bottom right) if you do this then beat him he gets stuck leaving the room and soft locks the game
>>
>>26835824
Darn, thought I had tested this area pretty thoroughly but I guess something happened along the line and screwed it.
I've adjusted the gym as well.
Since these are both reasonably important, I've patched the game.
>>
In the starting town, there's a tiling error. At the corners of the plateaus, the sea is visible.
Obviously you used autotiles, and I know those are annoying to work with.

You might ant to look into that.

Another thing is that upon talking to your mother after battling your rival, she talks in broken English.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, the names of the towns and cities are a little generic and bland. They don't appear to have a theme, either.
>>
>>26802761
>monkey named jamal
Lost.
>>
File: post game again.png (165 KB, 797x627) Image search: [Google]
post game again.png
165 KB, 797x627
>>26835980
You probably did but if coding made sense it wouldn't be any fun at all. Speaking of, the girl now paths around you but you seem to lose collision after this(pic related). I can become a forest walker but I can't go into buildings. Also resting at the house on the west side of town causes the encounter at the start of temporal town to re-occur which allows you to re-battle gannon and the thugs in the woods. And the editor in the folder with the game now crashes if used and subsequently casuses the game to crash. I can post a screenshot of the error if you would like but I assume the editor isn't your top priority. Very interested to see where this post-game quest leads though.
>>
>>26836106
Yeah those autotiles are annoying, from what I can tell those sea corners are a necessary evil.
Thanks for tipping me off to the dialogue as well, I rewrote it to sound a lot more fluid.
There's definitely no theme to the town names as well, and its a pretty common criticism. It's something I'll consider changing a little later, because it means adjusting a ton of stuff, like random NPC dialogue throughout the region, maps, etc.
Thanks for all this.

>>26836517
I'll look more into the pathing, but yeah the editors probably best crashing so people don't get into the files. Thank you RPGMaker gods for that crash. If those lines bother you on screen like they bother me, just making the screen smaller fixes it.

I've tested the pathing, and it seems good, but god only knows what else is gonna happen. No forest walking.

I've fixed everything that needs to be fixed in Temporal Town.
>>
>>26836594
Sick I'll download the patch and try it all out
>>
File: argh.jpg (34 KB, 518x413) Image search: [Google]
argh.jpg
34 KB, 518x413
!!!
>>
Haven't quite gotten the post game figured out yet but I'm really enjoying it.

Also you have a line that reads "it knew move I never even teached it" and I assume you meant for it to be taught. Also thanks for adjusting the thugs levels.
>>
>>26839574
Thanks for catching the typo, fixed that, along with another line I felt sounded a little weird.

In the next patch I'm going to include the next postgame town, I've been working on it for a long time, but I think it's ready to be tested, I've completed it without any problems.

>>26838467
nice find, while shiny levels are boosted a bit, they're still rare.
>>
page 8 bump. if you haven't tried this yet you should
>>
File: 1431490094085.jpg (243 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1431490094085.jpg
243 KB, 1280x1024
Not sure how much interest there is remaining, threads been really slow.
I'm heading off to bed, but there's been almost no glitches recently in the main story, so anyone playing overnight shouldn't have much to deal with regarding major bugs.

I've been working more on postgame, and while I've completed 1/2 the towns/cities along with story quests, I haven't finished the meat of the north, the dungeons/routes.
For those that do beat the game, I'd recommend heading onto the Bullet Train and testing Temporal Town, which I think is easily one of the craziest things I've done in the game. Post your Hall of Fame screen as well, and something minor you'd like in the game, and I'll add it as a 'beat the game reward'.
>>
what music is used for Ocean Town? It sounds so familiar and it's killing me
>>
Before bed bump.
>>
>>26842350
Im still interested alch dev, just been busy playing the game instead of posting here. I'll post some update of my playthrough later
>>
>>26842926
it's the resort area from platinum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc0GHaW8ulg

>>26845430
sounds good
>>
File: we champs now.png (30 KB, 516x410) Image search: [Google]
we champs now.png
30 KB, 516x410
The Elite 4 had some nice teams, but my Golurk with EQ was pretty handy typing-wise.
Everyone but the champ didn't use any healing items though.
>>
>>26846537
nice team, and thanks for catching the lack of healing items. I gave them 2 Full Restores, which seems to be the default Elite 4 item thing.

I think the elite four teams were a tad too good though, while giving them hyper competitive movesets/items is fun, I think its better to be a little less smogon copypasty and give them more balanced teams for the initial fight, with difficult crazy teams on rematch.

congrats on beating the game though, anything in particular you'd like in the game?
>>
Where is the move deleter? I remember finding him once but I forgot where.
>>
>>26815058
Not like you could make anything better
>>
>>26846868
I initially was gonna ask for a Lucky Egg, but someone else asked for that, so I guess maybe the TM for Earthquake, unless I missed it somewhere.
>>
>>26847026
Oasis Town

>>26847175
I've added TM26 to North Kamla Route 1
>>
>>26847478
Awesome, thanks. I also really enjoyed the little event in Temporal Town.
>>
>>26847612
Just curious, how many times did it take you to figure it out?
Also I think the dialogue with the champion feels a little awkward, not sure how to change it however, any thought on that?
>>
I'd love to continue this (stopped after the first gym) but unfortunately I'm not home and won't be for the next few days. Hopefully the thread or at least something will be up. I bet you're interested in what I think of this.

Some thoughts: the early routes felt like they had too many species in them. Trying to catch a Taillow on the grass route (route 2?) was a pain - had to give up because they're too damn rare and an unlucky crit killed the 2nd one I managed to find after the 1st one had an attack-reducing nature. No, I don't hunt for optimum natures, I just hunt for ones that don't hinder the [attack/spatk] of a [physical/special] attacker.
Had the same sort of a problem with Growlithe in the cave. First one I found got away because I ran out of balls while tying to catch it and never found another one.
>>
Just wondering outside of bug fixing, when do you think you'll be finished with the game?
>>
>>26847985
After the first time I was unsure, even though I picked up on the hints like the name of the town, and the legend in the forest (trying to keep it vague for the others in the thread) as well as the champ's emphasize about sleeping in the house. But by the second time I was fully aware of what was going on.
>>
File: Alchemist HOF.png (21 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Alchemist HOF.png
21 KB, 512x384
Fun game OP. The Elite 4 was pretty good, although I think I was underleveled. Everything on my team was under level 50 after entering the Hall of Fame except for Genesect and Roserade, and Roserade just hit level 50 by killing 2/3rds of the champ's team.

Could you give me a razor fang?
>>
>>26848116
In more recent updates, the diversity in the first area has been made much more simple, but it's definitely an issue. I want to include lots of Pokemon, but it's not a good thing if it's a pain in the ass to get even a basic bird Pokemon like Taillow.
I'm definitely going to go through routes and just make them a lot more simple, maybe this means making a regional dex, but I'm not sure just yet.

>>26848889
Not so sure, right now I'm doing postgame and changing stuff like balance/ encounters/ etc. It really shouldn't be too long, but who knows.

>>26848892
thats good, thanks for keeping it vague as well

>>26848892
There's actually a Razor Fang on Route 16, hiding behind a tree.
>>
>>26849087
last quote on this post meant to be to >>26848945
>>
>>26849087
How much do you have in store for the post game after Temporal Town?
>>
>>26849087
i don't know if this has been brought to your attention before but when on Route 1, i caught a Zigzagoon, i still gained exp from the battle. Neat since my Oshawatt learned Water Gun but weird because on the pokedex entry Oshawatts name and HP bar still showed up.

ALSO- do you plan on doing a randomizer/nuzlocke mode to this?
>>
>>26849375
Probably around 5 or 6 routes, and a mountain. There's two other major cities, each with stories that culminate in a final showdown. Crumblerock City, where the Bullet Train takes you, is a hub to get around to all the cities.

>>26849411
I enabled XP gain from capturing, I like that feature a lot in the maingames. As for the HP/Name, that's up to the guy who does Elite Battle to fix, he overhauled the entire battle system and released the scripts, etc. out for people to use.

I've added a selection for randomizer and nuzlocke in the beginning.
>>
I've encountered the same problem as >>26811379, even after re-downloading. Is there another install apart from the easy install or something?
>>
>>26850008
just re download the game, that's how you update. Saves continue to work even if you redownload to get the fixes/changes.
>>
>>26849595

did you just add that feature? redownloading it would enable it?
>>
>>26850303
the features been fixed for a while, redownloading would fix that along with other stuff I've fixed
>>
File: hall.jpg (36 KB, 518x413) Image search: [Google]
hall.jpg
36 KB, 518x413
>>26850152
For some reason, the changes didn't happen until I extracted it to a new directory and transferred my save over.

Anyway, I beat the league. I think Sean, particularly his Alakazam needs a nerf, I only won in the end by resorting to Double Team abuse.
>>
>>26851769
Yeah, I definitely agree. I brought the Elite Four down a notch earlier today, Sean and Connor definitely got knocked down a bunch. Their super hard teams are available for rematches though.

Anything in particular you'd like added as the beat the game reward thing?
>>
>>26852082
How about a Life Orb?
>>
Before bed bump.
>>
>>26801668
Main question before this, OP, did you change out the music from stock PE music?

I'm not touching it if you didn't.
>>
Game crashed when I tried to open pokedex around route 1. Hadn't saved since the beginning.

That's about everything I'm going to say for now except that the graphics are nice and inoffensive. Will you update to gen 6 mechanics?

Some dialogue feels a little awkward due to the placement of commas when instead periods should be used to make them full sentences.
>>
>>26852327
Sounds good, I'll find a place to add it, likely postgame.

>>26853367
It's Gen 4 and Gen 5 music.

>>26853456
The Pokedex is something I'm confused on, no idea why it isn't working. I'm trying to get some help on fixing it.
Gen 6 mechanics though? I'm not sure, I'm not the biggest fan of gen 6, so probably not.
I'll poke around the beginning and check for bad dialogue as well, thank you.
>>
is a place to change rotoms formes?
>>
>>26854242
The department store near 4th gym
>>
The ol' page 9 save
>>
>>26854112
is there any plan to include the fairy type on extant gen I - V pokemon?
>>
just a general note, I decided to start over and include a poliwag(->wrath) on my team since they were available so early, but they don't have any attacking moves before level 5. maybe consider tweaking to slide bubble down to a base/level 0 move for them?
>>
>>26857007
I tried it before and wasn't a fan of it. Nora in Oasis is a remnant of this. Noticed a lot glitches and stuff.

>>26857126
I moved Bubble to 3, makes Poliwag a lot more easy to train earlygame.
>>
is there a dusk stone somewhere? just found murkrow
>>
>>26857853
nvm its in the dept store
>>
>page 10
>>
File: 634q6tw436t4564.png (9 KB, 169x45) Image search: [Google]
634q6tw436t4564.png
9 KB, 169x45
>>26801668
Hey, I saw you were looking for a working archive.
Try this for the moment.
>>
Lunch break bump.
>>
is the pwt able to be completed or is it still in development?
>>
>>26861028
I've added some older threads to the /vp/ part of the page, Thank you for tipping me off to this archive. If anyones interested in seeing the game from like a year ago, you can click those archives.

>>26862995
Currently, no. I plan for it to a be a thing you can do in postgame but I haven't implemented it yet. There's some TMs you can get in the area though.
>>
alice's altaria only uses three of its moves and never attacks idk if this is a bug but figured i'd report it... also during the second blue ribbon event after the double battle if you take a step backwards it restarts >>26863231
>>
>>26863330
thank you, I've fixed both.
>>
>>26863628
Thanks for always fixing things so quickly.
>>
File: capture002.jpg (66 KB, 399x300) Image search: [Google]
capture002.jpg
66 KB, 399x300
just beat the second gym leader - I really liked his gym and the difficulty of it!
>>
I seem to be stuck. I got to River Town and talked to the professor - he said to come back when I was ready for the Pokemon but when I came back to the lab Brendan is invisible/absent and the game gets stuck when Palm tries to give him the Eevee. Just a heads up!
>>
>>26866085
I've fixed the issue, you can download the patch.

There's a variety of other things I've been working on that have been included in the patch, but I've deliberately walled off some of the new postgame.
>>
File: 1434078405803.jpg (655 KB, 850x686) Image search: [Google]
1434078405803.jpg
655 KB, 850x686
>>26866714
Shoulda said this as well: Due to popular demand I put in nuzlocke option at the beginning but never tested it lol, if anyone wants to give it a shot, go for it.
>>
>>26866745
Oh nice, I'll see if I can give that a shot if I get the chance. Thanks OP.
>>
>Page 9
Up you go.
>>
File: whatever.png (164 KB, 802x937) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
164 KB, 802x937
So, a lot of people are using Rotom. I've adjusted its position to a tad later in the game, and a little more out of the way. Figured that'd spice up team comps just a little.
I've been working more on postgame, and here's the start of a route. I feel like it needs a little more oomph though, somethings just not fully there.

Since the threads been a little stale, not too much bugs/updates, figured I'd try and start up some new stuff/discussion.
>>
>>26869643
I just want to say how much I have been enjoying this? The amount of effort you put into things really shows, and it FEELS like a Pokemon game in all the ways that count, something about the tone or the vibe of it. Thank you for that :)
>>
>>26869643
Maybe make a path up onto the outcrop and hide some trainers and/or items in there? Just something to do along the way -- but I don't know much about mapping or anything so maybe I'm completely off.

Could use some rocks too... not for any reason in particular, it just feels weird that such a hilly place has none, I guess.

Perhaps throw some random watermon into the ponds in the area to give people a reason to fish there? I trust your judgment Alch Dev, you've had great ideas so far.
>>
>>26869726
thank you, this post made my day.

>>26869773
Yeah, I'll add some rocks. Maybe an alternate path would be cool as well, to encourage some exploration.
The routes actually where you get Feebas, so there's definitely a reason to fish
>>
File: 1466924334517.png (277 KB, 802x937) Image search: [Google]
1466924334517.png
277 KB, 802x937
>>26869643
I feel like that forest area in the middle-right has potential to have a little something. Maybe a little garden accessible from the surf area, the upper section, or maybe even a path in the cave.
>>
File: whatever2.png (182 KB, 797x931) Image search: [Google]
whatever2.png
182 KB, 797x931
>>26869812
>>26869773
some improvements, alt path, rocks, doing something on the middle right
>>
>>26869858
Holy shit, that was fast. Looking better already imho.
>>
Before bed bump.
>>
File: hall of fame.png (43 KB, 767x578) Image search: [Google]
hall of fame.png
43 KB, 767x578
great game OP e4 felt nice and rounded out and the blue ribbon was cool too... kinda wish they had another battle but this game is amazing nonetheless
>>
I want to make my own game but I'm not good at roms ( can't script) and I don't understand essentials.
>>
Is there a move reminder in the game?
>>
File: welldone.gif (3 MB, 174x200) Image search: [Google]
welldone.gif
3 MB, 174x200
You did a wonderful job OP, however I couldn't bring myself to finish it due to the lack of endearing dialogue. Not saying it needed to be edgy or corny meme spouting, but I had hoped that you would have given the NPCs a bit more character.

While it wasn't for me, I can't pretend like this isn't a great feat. Good job, those Sage devs could learn a thing or two about resilience from you.
>>
File: capture018.jpg (50 KB, 400x301) Image search: [Google]
capture018.jpg
50 KB, 400x301
well I was planning on using Poliwrath for the first time in a runthrough, until I found this little guy in the Sandveil Mines. Adamant nature, but who can say no to those little purple tentacles?

We've all seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
>>
File: 1439608561773.jpg (505 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1439608561773.jpg
505 KB, 500x700
>>26871223
Glad you enjoyed it, anything small you'd like in the game for the hall of fame reward?

>>26871229
just download it and wing it. there's tons of tutorials and public scripts, sprites etc.

>>26871514
The Move Maniac is in Nori City

>>26873400
Regular pokemon dialogue is just on another level. I tried my hardest to replicate that, rather than go the edgy route. If there was any really egregious dialogue though, I'd be happy to rewrite it.
>>
>>26874144
forgot to have tripcode on for this one, whatever

bumping from page 8
>>
>>26874144
idk if there is a thunderbolt tm but if it isnt that would be kool...
>>
>>26873458
I never realized how cute shiny Omanyte was.
(Stealth page 8 bump)
>>
File: meh.png (157 KB, 960x929) Image search: [Google]
meh.png
157 KB, 960x929
>>26876139
The Thunderbolt TM is in the game, I'm pretty sure in either the Dept. Store or the Game Corner

The last map I posted sparked some good discussion, so here's another meh one. Feel like this one could also use a little something more.
>>
>>26877523
Snowy rocks/snow tiles? Maybe add something in the forest on the bottom of the map -- I'm not sure what's reasonable to suggest because I don't know what's in the realm of possibility, but something woodsy would be appropriate. Maybe a lone house or something. (A cabin?)
>>
>>26877523
Where does that cave lead to? Not knowing where it is, I'm imagining a path somewhere in the unused space in the center left -- a cave exit that leads to a cabin in the woods, maybe something interesting or rare.
>>
File: meh2.png (207 KB, 1242x934) Image search: [Google]
meh2.png
207 KB, 1242x934
>>26877858
>>26878677
So the cave is a sort of optional route, you can bypass a trainer if you take it, and you can go to the cabin (top left). I've added some more hills, and a variety of rocks.
>>
It's been a while since I last played a pokemon rom but i'll try this out.
>>
>>26879067
This looks comfy. Are Secret Bases a thing in essentials? Probably not but if they were I'd move into this route.
>>
i like the look of that new route design ! maybe a little water feature/pond somewhere nestled into the trees with an item tucked away across it?
>>
File: 1438609422629.jpg (100 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
1438609422629.jpg
100 KB, 660x660
>>26879190
It's Essentials, not a ROM. So rather than running it on an emulator, you just run the .exe.

>>26879228
I believe they are, but not completely identical to main series games. If I can find a good script, I'll add it in the future.

>>26879579
good idea, more exploration and items are always good
>>
File: shiny ekans.png (92 KB, 520x413) Image search: [Google]
shiny ekans.png
92 KB, 520x413
Not sure if this is for everyone but I was battling the ekans gang and this happens.
>>
>>26879745
this is a feature not a bug. it is the ekans gang after all.
>>
>>26879067
That looks really nice OP. Makes me want to take the time to find out what's in the cabin.

>>26879630
Having secret bases would be the comfiest ever, but I understand if it's ultimately too much work.
>>
>page 10
>>
to page 1 with you
>>
File: ok.png (78 KB, 633x713) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
78 KB, 633x713
>>26879745
It's intentional, makes the side area a little more memorable.

>>26880614
I don't think it should be too much work. Putting one in every route isn't too bad. I think having QR Code bases like in ORAS would be awesome, but that's definitely out of reach.

Since postings slowed down, here's another postgame map. It might just need a complete overhaul, but what do you guys think
>>
>>26884043
waterfalls make everything better
>>
>>26884043
I would put a lake at the bottom and have a waterfall on the east side of the town so you can walk underneath it to the next route
>>
>>26884043
Hey, there's rocks this time! That bench is in a weird place desu desu fampai. Maybe place it near the trees going off the right side of the map?

I like the idea other anons stated of waterfalls going into a lake, it sounds neat -- but the crater down there does need something of note. Maybe a cave in the middle of the lake (if there's a lake) with something in it?

If there's a falling ash script you could turn the area into a flute-and-furniture-making, ash-gathering route, but that would probably clash with the theme you're going for. It's the first thing that came to mind for me when I looked at the map, though; no idea if it would clash with your aesthetic or not (or how much work it would be if doable.)
>>
>>26884043
This route, and this route only, gives me the strangest pang of nostalgia for fucking Pokemon Crater of all things.
>>
File: ok2.png (116 KB, 815x791) Image search: [Google]
ok2.png
116 KB, 815x791
>>26884153
>>26884224
>>26884310
Ok, so some water is a popular idea. I've added the waterfall. While I don't plan for the player to be able to go into the crater, it's still cool to have a bit of something to look at.
The town sometimes snows, so it's not quite ash. Close enough though.

still just doesnt feel right though imo

>>26884326
god it's been so long since crater, those were the days.
>>
>>26884592
Maybe throw some rocks or something in the bottom of the crater, just for aesthetics. Lookin' good though, Alch Dev.
>>
>>26802897
Dude, based name for that Golurk. Bionicle master race
>>
>>26884592
The waterfall and pond looks nice, I agree with some other anons that adding a little for scenery in the bottom other than the water would look good, so maybe a few trees and boulders.
>>
>>26884592
The lag was fucking unbearable but I sunk hours into that game with my friend. I miss those days. This game is comfy, even if I haven't had much time to sink into it, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for making it.
>>
File: 1427112813042.png (536 KB, 1044x1180) Image search: [Google]
1427112813042.png
536 KB, 1044x1180
There's a new update out that opens up some more postgame, and adds secret bases across the region. There's a whole lot of em, so it's impossible for me to test every one, but they seem to work fine.

There's now two extra routes in North Kamla, a city (and story quest), and secret bases. You can now buy base stuff in Sandveil and Sunset City.
>>
>>26887885
I'm legitimately so excited holy shit. Thanks OP!
>>
>been headbutting trees for 3 hours
>no ralts yet

I did find a shiny pidgeot which I captured and a shiny seedot that I only realized was shiny after killing
>>
>>26887969
hope you enjoy it

>>26887999
>ralts in headbutt trees
What was I thinking? I'm actually stumped as to why in the world I would put Ralts in a headbutt tree of all places. I've adjusted her to a morning encounter in Graphite Forest. That'll be in the next update, which could be soon, depends on how fast something in the new areas screws up.
>>
>>26888057
If it's as hard to find it as it is now I prefer the headbutting because I just put a macro pressing the button for me and watch it for what pokemon appeared while also watching some videos on youtube and sometimes going to heal.

My start tho is already 10~12 levels above the npcs and I have fought pretty much only the guys who I need to fight to get to Graphite so I still have lots of npc exp. Thankfully I'll probably box him when I get my ralts so it should't fuck up the gameplay
>>
Do I have the worst luck of all time or is Ralts that hard to get?
>>
>>26888690
>>26888093
im just going to upload the pity ralts patch, found in graphite in the morning, so just change your computer time
>>
>>26888752
That would make me feel worse desu so I guess I'm stuck with this version until I get the ralts.
Then I'll patch and catch a full box of them
>>
File: Nuzlocke.png (114 KB, 645x516) Image search: [Google]
Nuzlocke.png
114 KB, 645x516
>>26866745
Well I just tried nuzlocke mode and this immediately happened when I tried to throw my first pokeball. Clicking ok, I saw that I lost the pokeball I tried to throw and trying to throw another one brought up the message again
>>
File: 1437721875286.jpg (304 KB, 800x929) Image search: [Google]
1437721875286.jpg
304 KB, 800x929
>>26889586
I've fixed the issue and uploaded a patch.
>>
File: 1467111891526.jpg (40 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
1467111891526.jpg
40 KB, 700x350
>>26801668
Why not develop something on a 3d engine ? pic related, TPCi can reach you ?
>>
>>26801668
I'm downloading it, your game seems pretty good ! (I've seen Aron in the list, I hope he's not a too lategame pokemon)
And hoping you're not stopping updating it my good Jaret !
>>
>Just downloaded this
>got cyndaquil
>lost first fight against brendan using oshawott

i only use tackle and he does more dmg wtf am i doing wrong ?
>>
The game crashes every time I try to start the first battle against Brendan. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>26891317
are you fucking underage? Making an Essentials game is nothing compared to a 3D game, even more so like your pic, fucking idiot, and tpci reaching him? You're fucking reatarded
unless it is for a cease and desist letter
>>
File: 1457289004445.png (198 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457289004445.png
198 KB, 500x500
>>26893023
Did you mash through the intro and put randomizer on by accident? That's the only thing I can think of, that feature isn't fully implemented yet

>>26891779
You probably got a really bad roll for Cyndaquil, I've seen lots of people use him just fine.
>>
File: on the roof.png (72 KB, 514x408) Image search: [Google]
on the roof.png
72 KB, 514x408
So I think I've been hunting ralts for around 8 hours now. Still no ralts.
I kind of not want you to patch it because I want everybody else to suffer as much as I did until now.

On another note, I found you can get into the house tiles in this place. It doesn't bug anything and everything keeps working fine so there is no real need to fix it.
>>
>>26893706
I've fixed the building, it will be a solid object in the next update.
just download the patch, stop your suffering, ralts is in your grasp

page 9 save
>>
>>26893706
>>26895488
Sitting on the roof did look comfy though, even if it was an error. Would have been neat to fish up there. Thanks for the patch nonetheless.
>>
>page 8
This thread's too nice to let disappear.
>>
File: 1446243841894.jpg (417 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1446243841894.jpg
417 KB, 1024x1024
>>26896452
You gotta let me know if you ever get that ralts. morning in the forest

>>26897682
We just need more stuff to talk about, not too many glitches, i've posted the more recent maps I've made. Working on the final postgame dungeon currently.
>>
>>26897918
>>26896452
Oh, I'm not Ralts anon, I'm just an observer. I haven't had much time to play this due to the weather here but I've enjoyed the time I sunk into it prior. This is really good dev anon, it's honestly really cool that you did this all on your own.
>>
>>26889689
is the randomizer feature going to be fixed soon?
>>
>>26898456
I've said it before, but mostly to people asking about essentials.
There's a lot of public scripts, tutorials and more from wonderful people on places like Relic Castle and Pokecommunity. Without their generosity the game wouldn't be half as good as it is. While I am a team of one, it's still important to give those guys credits.

>>26898983
fairly soon, I'll post when I get it working
>>
>>26899538
True that, people who create the tools lay the groundwork for other people to come along and make something with them -- but without that foundation, nothing can get done. The whole community that's built up around Pokemon hacking and game-making is honestly just fascinating to watch. That said, it's still your creative force putting all those tools into some working order, and that's commendable, too.
>>
I'm in Temporal town and I'm stuck, what do I do dev?
>>
Is there a way to evolve trade pokemon? If so, I'll give it a play
>>
File: easier than ralts.png (38 KB, 513x408) Image search: [Google]
easier than ralts.png
38 KB, 513x408
I'm now on the 3rd day of my hunt. Still no signs of ralts.

Got a shiny tangela which made me start doubt if I'm even in the right place to begin with or if I'll ever see a ralts. The hunt continues and with it my hate of pineco and sturdy. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>26901380
yes, a link stone exists
>>
File: 1424052733946.jpg (65 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
1424052733946.jpg
65 KB, 610x611
>>26900225
;)

>>26901380
like the other anon said, there is trade stones. You can evolve trading pokemon, and ones that need items, etc.

>>26902364
You're in Graphite Forest correct? Just download the patch dude, end your eternal suffering
>>
>Page 9
Good mornin'
>>
>>26801687
Is everything in the google doc still up to date, do I need to search the thread for a patch?

Also I didn't see Larvesta/Volcarona in the pastebin, gift/eventmon?
>>
>>26904688
The google doc has been brought up to speed, like encounters being updating.
Larvesta is in the game, as a gift/event.

As for updating, just redownload the game. Nothing will happen to your save
>>
>>26904931
Just beat Jessica, lad, fuck her Magby. But I love the game, looking forward to the rest of it :)
>>
File: another shiny but no ralts.png (38 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
another shiny but no ralts.png
38 KB, 500x404
>>26902944
Yes I am.

So, I got yet another shiny. It's my third one but still no signs of ralts.
>>
>>26907287
You are nothing if not dedicated, anon. I'm impressed.
>>
>>26905880
Glad you're enjoying it.

>>26907287
After three shinys, the encounter is either bugged or you're in the wrong location, there's no way it's that rare, you probably should just update.
>>
>>26907287
there are two types of headbutt trees, you're probably headbutting the wrong kind of encounter tree. the kind you're in front of will never yield a ralts anyway :X
>>
Game runs like shit for me. Hiccups every few seconds consistently.
>>
is it possible to manually have multiple save files by swapping out the save data in a certain folder? i want to experience so many things lol
>>
File: saves.png (24 KB, 1040x372) Image search: [Google]
saves.png
24 KB, 1040x372
>>26907929
There's a Low Encounter Rate and High Encounter Rate, not two types of trees.
Ralts is in both, if he isn't finding it, then it's bugged. Ralts was changed recently, and can now be found in Graphite Forest Mornings.

>>26907937
There's a couple of areas where I personally lag, but the entire game shouldn't. How's your computer, toaster tier?

>>26907973
Saves can be found in the Alchemist folder, you can take the folder and save it elsewhere to have multiple.
>>
>>26908022

I play the latest AAA shit just fine.
>>
File: ITS THE RALTS.png (56 KB, 516x407) Image search: [Google]
ITS THE RALTS.png
56 KB, 516x407
>>26907594
Thanks.

>>26907646
Guess I was just that unlucky because I just found her!

Time to capture and then update my version with the easy to catch ralts.
>>
File: HAPPENING.png (56 KB, 510x404) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.png
56 KB, 510x404
>>26907929
I actually went into the essentials wiki to see how the code worked so it's not two types of trees.

>>26908033
Before anyone asks about the little pokeball besides it meaning that I got it before. A got a male ralts 12 or something encounters ago but
>male
>ralts
So I screeshoted it, captured it, named it and decided to keep going a little more to see if a female one appeared.

Then it happened. Time to update.
>>
>>26908033
>>26908072
congratulations, only took an eternity lol\

>>26908031
That's really weird, I don't have the greatest computer ever overwatch on low, but the game is certainly playable.
>>
>>26908108
I have 7 hours on my save. And this is with me closing the game and reopening so I didn't need to go to the CP when out of PP or when low on health.
Took around 3 days using 20 hours or something like that I think.

It's good that I helped test it out tho. :^)
>>
So is it possible to get Mew in this?
Are HM slaves required or did you somehow add items that do this stuff instead?
>>
File: 1434603555549.jpg (58 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1434603555549.jpg
58 KB, 333x500
>>26908170
You're very dedicated to your ralts, thank you for very, very thoroughly testing headbutt trees.

>>26908268
Mew was in, but I wasn't happy with how you got him, so I removed the event. Mewtwo is still in though.

The only essential HMs in the game are Surf, and Strength. Although you do get Fly, Rock Smash and Waterfall.
>>
File: 5555.png (28 KB, 505x445) Image search: [Google]
5555.png
28 KB, 505x445
>No Eevee starter
Also there's water a animation it this part
Also umbrellas on beach are intangible
>>
>Page 8
This thread has been good to me. Returning the favor.
>>
File: 1444948623726.gif (341 KB, 1400x976) Image search: [Google]
1444948623726.gif
341 KB, 1400x976
>>26908570
I'm aware of the water animation, it's necessary for the sand to work sadly.

As for the umbrellas I'm not sure what you mean.

>>26911314
I'd like to thank everyone for keeping the thread bumped these past 11 days.

I'll have some more content out probably tomorrow, Crumblerock Mountain will actually be a dungeon now, rather than one wimpy temporary room.
>>
File: Smile.png (115 KB, 391x308) Image search: [Google]
Smile.png
115 KB, 391x308
>>26907646
Having a pure blast. I recommended it to my m8's :)
>>
Where do I go after MT Ember? I feel retarded but I've been running around hte town talking to NPCs for ages
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.