[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
X/Y -> Sun/Moon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: xysunmoon.png (799 KB, 1024x866) Image search: [Google]
xysunmoon.png
799 KB, 1024x866
In an interview with Gamespot, Junichi Masuda confirmed X/Y's story will be wrapped up in an interesting way. On the subject why of Hoenn now and why no Kalos sequel instead, he had this to say:

"There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example. Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."

He was also asked about a Pokemon Z and he had this to say:

"For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people."

So there's a chance that sun/moon might be the direct sequel to X/Y.
>>
link to interview?
>>
>>26293898
Holy shit the crystals actually match's all four legends.
>>
>>26293898
Mecha Zygarde fits in better with Solgaleo and Lunaala than Xerneas and Yveltal, and the light blue and orange cores in its chest ARE the same shades as the SM logos. I wonder.
>>
Link to interview:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/
>>
>>26293915
It's an old-ass interview from 2014.
>>
>>26293898
HOW DELUSIONAL CAN YOU BE. FUCKING GEN6 FAGS FFS
>>
>>26293950
No it doesn't. SM legendaries are primarily white with gold accents and galactic visors. Features Zygarde lacks.
>>
>>26293966
>no-one's mentioned gen 6 until now
Nice going, or nice falseflagging. Either way, nice.
>>
>>26293898
>So there's a chance that sun/moon might be the direct sequel to X/Y.
Considering the vast amount of throwbacks to Gen 1 we had last Gen, it's very safe to assume that Sun and Moon will have a lot of throwbacks to Gen 2, maybe even including Kalos in the post game as a reference to Kanto in the post game of Gen 2.
>>
I'll be very sad if it is. I am 100% done with anything Kalos.
>>
>>26293978
>White
>Just like the middle color of Zygarde, the one that was left
>>
>>26293898
tying it up in a interesting way referred to the X,Y,Z anime. It's that simple really
>>
File: heavy.jpg (5 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
heavy.jpg
5 KB, 200x150
>>26293898
yfw Pokemon Earth-Z wraps up both gens
>>
>>26293966
>OP clearly says direct sequel
I guess Gold and Silver are actually Gen 1
>>
>>26293978
>white with gold accents
The fuck are you talking about? They're black with blue accents.
>>
>>26293898
Or maybe we will get Z and instead of remake we will get Sun2/Moon2
>>
>>26294025
Mecha Zygarde fits more with XY legendaries than SM.
>>
>>26293898
Kalos probably won't have anything to do with Pokémon Sun and Moon.
>>
>>26294047
You can't see the gold rings around the wings of MoonBat and the Gold Crown around the face of SunLion?
>>
>>26294073
It was a joke, anon
>>
>>26293966
Plot twist: X2Y2 are gen 7
>>
File: image.png (70 KB, 275x224) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 275x224
>>26293898
>there's a Red and Blue quadruped
>there's a Red and Blue winged creature
I just want the lore to stop being so deep already
>>
>>26293898
Solgaleo, Lunaala, Xerneas, and Yveltal are all too good looking to be tied up with mecha Zygarde's bullshit. I hope the new legends have nothing to do with Zygarde and I hope all of its ugly forms stay in the anime and irrelevant spinoffs where they belong.
>>
>>26294081
My mistake.

>>26294104
>Orange is Red
>>
File: image.png (260 KB, 333x429) Image search: [Google]
image.png
260 KB, 333x429
"Fashion is a Kalos only thing"
Masuda 2014
>>
>>26294118
Red as in version, which is why I capitalized it.

>inb4 Black and White
Reshiram had red flames and Zekrom had blue electricity
>>
>>26293898
So the fans are the ones to blame for all of gen 6 mistakes. I wonder if fans are also the ones to blame for mega charizard x?
>>
Actually it's orange flame not red :)
>>
>>26294133
He didn't lie. All the clothes in SM will look like shit because Alola can't into fashion.
>>
>>26293898
This would be the first thing I wouldn't like about SM. I like everything so far.
>>
>>26294144
>I wonder if fans are also the ones to blame for mega charizard x?
Of course. Genwunners were crying "Y NO CHARIZARD FIRE/DRAGON GAMEFREAK???" for years before XY came out. It was like one of those staple genwunner memes like PokeMMO
>>
>>26294173
kek
>>
>>26294178
>So there's a chance that sun/moon might be the direct sequel to X/Y
This would be the first thing I like about SM. I hate everything revealed so far.
>>
>>26293898
More likely would be that we just get Z after SM, and that it'll tie up XY/ORAS/SM together all in one game.
>>
>>26293978
>SM legendaries are primarily white
Just like the XY legendaries are in their shiny forms. They're obviously connected in a yin-yang fashion, with SM's legendaries being "opposite" of XY's.
>>
>>26294890

No. Tao trio = yin-yang
>>
>>26294955
Jesus mother fucking christ moron, I didn't mean it in a fucking literal way. It's called symbolism you fucking idiot.
>>
>>26294955
I bet you'd also say there's no yin & yang symbolism over Espeon and Umbreon.
>>
once again
>>26294032
>>
>>26294994
>>26295026
Yin and yang are dependent fundamentals in Taoism, which Reshiram and Zekrom are directly connected to. Reshiram and Zekrom's species names in Japanese are "White Yang" and "Black Yin," respectively, and the names of their battle music are also respectively "Blazing White Yang" and "Electrifying Black Yin." Kyurem, on the other hand, is an analogy to wuji—a separate concept of Taoism—under the assumption that the absence of the warmth Reshiram and Zekrom generate (and thus their conceptual yin and yang) equals the infinite absence wuji implies. Wuji is also said to be represented by an empty circle; Kyurem's species name is the Boundary Pokémon.
>>
>>26293898
Hoennbabies got put in their place lmao
>>
>>26294047
Top kek
>>
File: 1459671300749.jpg (8 KB, 280x246) Image search: [Google]
1459671300749.jpg
8 KB, 280x246
>>26293898
>the XY and SM legends are Life, Death, Light, and Darkness
>>
>>26293898
More likely they planned on making z but then thought "fuck it, let's just make oras instead" and the "tying together" was just the stuff mentioned in oras. So in a way oras was the "sequel" to x and y
>>
>>26294994
>>26295026
>>
>>26293994
I'm going with BirdKeeperToby's theory that the anistar city sundial is a portal to a moondial in Alola. Not too farfetch'd if you listen to the evidence in his theory.
>>
>>26293898
I'm completely confident that Sun and Moon are Generation 7.

That said, I'd be surprised if Sun and Moon didn't have a plot related to past games. My bet is on one of the following showing up at some point: AZ, N, or Zinnia.
>>
>>26295149
Pentagon indexes debunk this notion.
>>26290576
>>
>>26295107
>>26295186
I never said Zekrom and Reshiram weren't based on yin and yang you pathetic piece of shit.
>>
>article from 2014
>talking about how ORAS "wrapped up" X & Y
>Sun & Moon are Gen 7

People actually believe Sun & Moon are sequels to X & Y? I'm not saying that Kalos won't be mentioned at all in Sun & Moon, but by no means it is a sequel or even closely related (based on current evidence alone). I may be right, I may be wrong.
>>
>>26295811
>Strange Souvenir being the biggest fucking tease to Alola since 2013
>been planned on for at least 3+ years
Nigga you dumb as fuck
>>
>>26295811
I think what most people (at least the ones that aren't COMPLETELY retarded) mean by "sequel" is that Sun & Moon will connect to X&Y in the same way ORAS did; with backstory and lore that have roots in the firing of the Ultimate Weapon.
>>
>>26295959
But why? Alola is far away from Kalos. Why would the weapon matter there?
>>
>>26295996
The Ultimate Weapon probably had influence on the entire planet, not just Kalos and a meteor that just-so-happened to hit Hoenn.Either that, or they'll come up with a new story gimmick to tie the three regions together. Solgaleo and Lunaala are universe themed afterall, so they got a lot of potential to work with.
>>
File: Pokemon White 2 Box.jpg (19 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon White 2 Box.jpg
19 KB, 250x225
Game Freak evidently saw some potential in another curveball release. At this rate, all that we have on the connections between Alola, Kalos, and possibly Hoenn is 95% speculation. No matter how you look at it, we have next to no idea whatsoever on where Game Freak is going with this generation.

Pic Related.
>>
>>26293898
Or Sun/Moon is the prequel to X/Y because there was e team before team flare looking for xerneas/yveltal.
>>
>>26294099
Would buy both on launch day.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.