[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all thought Thousand Arrows and Waves are to counter Xeneas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 11
We all thought Thousand Arrows and Waves are to counter Xeneas and Yveltal but why would Zygarde want to prevent Xerneas from flieing with Waves since Fairy Xerneas is super effective against him?

Maybe Thousand Arrows have to make Lunaala fall down to the ground and Thousand Waves are supposed to trap Solgaleo which most likely wll be Fire type and then Ground Zygarde will deal with him easily?

Also Thousand Arrows -> arrows symbolises sun rays -> symbolic "Sun Rays" to beat the Moon legend
Thousand Waves -> Tidal waves affected by Moon -> symbolic "tidal waves" to beat the Sun legend

Maybe those moves exist to counter Solgaleo and Lunaala instead of Xerneas and Yveltal
>>
>>26288366
maybe everyone just needs to accept that gamefreak doesnt care about zygarde
>>
File: image_13.jpg (60 KB, 600x740) Image search: [Google]
image_13.jpg
60 KB, 600x740
>they fuse with Zygarde, Kyurem-style
>>
>>26288419
Thats waaaay to early to say. We really dont know much about main part of Sun and Moon, not to mention post game

Besides Masuda himself was hyping up the reveal of Zygarde formes so i doubt that means nothing
>>
>>26288444
We are in the alola region now.

Zygarde monitors and protects Kalos.

You need to let this shit go.
>>
What if we get two half-assed regions with Alola and a butchered Kalos instead of a full and proper region? We can throw in a really shitty level curve and shitty teams, too, it'll be just like the good ol' days.
>>
File: 1462993123643.png (86 KB, 233x272) Image search: [Google]
1462993123643.png
86 KB, 233x272
>>26288960
It does take 2 50% Zygardes to complete anon.

Maybe one in Kalos and one in Alola.
>>
>>26288960
Did you forget how many references X and Y made about a new region closely related to it?
>>
>>26288444
Solgaleo and Lunaala look too different from the XYZ trio.
>>
I think the better question is what was the fucking point
>2 inaccessible moves
>3 formes not even in the games
>no trace of it in Sun/Moon
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 369x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 369x263
>>26289197
Screen capping this is going to happen
>>
>>26289540
>no trace of it in Sun/Moon
we've barely even scratched the surface of this game
>>
>>26289598
We'll just have to wait for it. You know, just like how we waited for Pokemon Z.
>>
>>26288960
Ummm remember Mewtwo in Kalos anon?

You need to stop being deluded
>>
>>26288366
You are forgetting Perfect Zygarde probably has an ability that makes Inverse Battles.

That means Yveltal is weak to ground and xerneas weak to dragon.
>>
>>26290162
>Perfect Zygarde probably has an ability that makes Inverse Battles
Was this confirmed with the anime or something?
>>
>>26289197
>implying the new third legendary of a new region would be the exact same as the previous one
>implying it won't be Marshadow
>>
>>26289230
The Strange Souvenir is likely from Alola which is far away from Kalos.
>>
>>26290208
>the letter Y is shown behind Lunaala
>the letter X is shown behind Solgaleo
>>
>>26290223
Yes, there's word of "long distance" between them, but I think he meant all these connections make them seem so closely related.
>>
>>26290162
>Aura Break reverses the effect of Xerneas and Yveltal's abilities
>the inverse battle guy in XY is in route 18, which is also where terminus cave is
fugg
>>
>>26290251
There's no connections that isn't conjecture or wishful thinking. Like >>26290237.
>>
>>26290196
Unfortunately not yet.

"Reverse Aura" is the most popular theory for Zygarde's ability because it would make Dragon effective against Fairy, and Ground effective against Flying.

I really hope it's true because deepest lore.
>>
>>26290280
>(You) twice
We'll see about those "no" connections, anon.
>>
>>26290006
Mewtwo in Genwunner: The Experience X and Gennwunner: The Experience Y.

So shocking. Look how much plot significance it had. Weeeeeeeeew.
>>
>>26290301
You're saying Mewtwo's only in Kalos because of the new forms it got?
>>
>>26290318
Read the post again, dipshit.
It was only in Kalos for genwunners.
>>
It's obvious what Thousand Arrows and Waves are. Pokemon Z was probably gonna be a real thing, and they were planning ahead, but so many whiny faggots kept crying "Hoenn confirmed" non stop, that they went with those games to develop instead. It's obvious ORAS were developed at the last minute. Sun and Moon aren't oir answer to Pokemon Z, guys. ORAS has been Pokemon Z all along.
>>
The thing that bothers me is that Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre all got unnecessary new forms while Zygarde's sitting there in a cave with shit BST which is way lower than the BST from Xerneas and Yveltal, the 2 legendaries it's supposed to be the master of. It just doesn't make sense that it will stay like that in the games forever. I'm assuming GF will pull some huge plot-twist out of their asses.
>>
>>26290345
Exactly.

>yfw Zinnia
>Z
>>
>>26290345
No, more than likely GF is going with this timeline:

-XY
-ORAS
-S&M
-XY sequel next
-DP remake after
>>
>>26290364
What did they do with Cresselia in games?
Or the Birds from Kanto?
Or Manaphy?
Regigaas?

There are plenty of legendary pokemon who do fuck all. Zygarde isn't special.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be at all suprised if Thousand waves/arrows are retconned in Sun and Moon as Solgaleo and Lunaala's signature moves--complete with retyping.

Zygarde is kill.

>>26290407
Introduce a new gen, then go back to previous gen?
Full fucking retard.
>>
>>26288419
Maybe they just forgot to program it into XY, realized it and now try to make people forget about it.
>>
>>26290433
You can't compare a Trio-Master with regular mini-legendaries and Events. They are different.
>>
>>26290477
Even without it there are still 4, 5 if you count phione, that set a precedent of fucking nothing.

Zygarde wouldn't be the first, probably won't be the last either.
>>
>>26290433
>Full fucking retard
This is GF we're talking about
>>
>>26290505
Gen 6 is over.
Everyone needs to accept it.

Going back to Kalos as anything other than a Johto/Kanto thing in Gen VII will not happen until we get remakes of XY in a decade or so.
>>
>>26290345
>but so many whiny faggots kept crying "Hoenn confirmed" non stop, that they went with those games to develop instead
You realize that people shouting "HOENN CONFIRMED" pre-OR/AS were actually people who liked to mock Hoennbabies? They were being ironic, obviously, but then OR/AS happened and people lost their shit.
It was inevitable in my eyes, but they might have been fan-driven. They're excellent lore-dump fillers and explains a whole lot of things which lead up pretty well into events that are speculative as fuck, theories, but still makes sense as tie-ins with S/M.
>Pokemon Z was probably gonna be a real thing, and they were planning ahead. It's obvious ORAS were developed at the last minute, ORAS has been Pokemon Z all along.
You are wrong on the premise that the 6 pentagon indexes exist and in that exact number, they are hard-coded in the games. They basically show us what they've been planning all along, two more games like S/M were obvious.
Ties with X/Y are found kinda scattered here and there, outside of the pentagon. Zygarde himself is a clue here. No, it's not grasping straws, it's a pretty reasonable conclusion to make by now.
>"s..six p-point five fag!!"
No, 6fag, but that has nothing to do with my argument. Whether I side with Muh Pokédex Entries or Muh Games Themselves doesn't change my argument.

>>26290433
What did they do with Kyurem again? Yeah, they gave Kyurem two forms, boosting its BST way over regular Kyurem's. You can't compare it to anything else, not in the slightest.

>>26290407
That's retarded, not gonna happen sorry.

>>26290530
>Everyone needs to accept it
I'm wondering, anon, what's your take if it somehow is still gen 6? Would people actually accept that or be in some hard denial?
>>
>>26290576
>what's your take if it somehow is still gen 6
Irrelevant because it is now Gen 7.
Official sources have said it. We have a new region with new protags, new starters, overhauled overworld, new graphics, new legendaries, and pokemon--which is, has, and will be the indicator for new pokemon.
>>
>>26290635
You're avoiding my question. It's not difficult answering it, or?
>>
>>26290655
Your question is pointless though since we are not in Gen 6 anymore.
>>
>>26290678
Well, because you won't bother answering "pointless questions", then I can make my own conclusion based off of your own response. It writes itself, so to speak.
>>
>>26290705
Your question cannot be answered because it's has no base in fact or logic. You asked if we are somehow still in Gen 6 when we clearly, 100%, are not.

Your question is basically asking "what will happen in Empire Strikes Back?" when Force Awakens just came out on Blu Ray.
>>
>>26290755
>You asked if we are somehow still in Gen 6
No, that was not the question. I asked what would be your take on it, but you're not willing to give a clear answer.
Don't argue further.
>>
>>26290779
You asked:
>I'm wondering, anon, what's your take if it somehow is still gen 6?

I answered you clearly. It's not gen 6. We know this for a fact.

You were given an answer. Just because it's not the one you wanted to hear doesn't make it wrong. This is a lesson most 5 year olds already learn. What's your excuse?
>>
>>26290817
You answered it as if I asked "Hey is it gen 6?" which, as you can read, was not. "If" questions are to be taken as if, not questioning the reality.
Though as I said, stop arguing about this any further, it doesn't make any meaningful discussion or give any meaningful outcome.
>>
>>26290576
You are a fucking moron.
>>
File: k7X8hlu.jpg (965 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
k7X8hlu.jpg
965 KB, 2448x3264
>>26290876
Argument contributing to the discussion.
>>
>>26290870
>hurrrr durrrrrrrr my feelings were hurt stop talking to me.

Do yourself a favor and read this:
>>26290876
^ that anon is 100% correct, you fucking moron.

I am done with you. Enjoy your life of quiet desperation without Pokemon Z, Zycuck.
>>
>>26290900
>Windows 10
What
>>
>>26290876
>>26290903
What's with you guys and not wanting to respond properly to someone when all he wants is a nice and fair discussion? Is it like "he is a retard so I will answer him in a way that makes him seem like a retard and not bother replying properly in any way because all he wants is attention, though that is exactly what I'm giving him" or what? What kind of multi-meta responses are these, guys?

Well, if it's not that and something else I'm suspecting then I could quote a previous reply; "Just because it's not something you wanted to hear doesn't make it wrong".
>>
>>26290947
3DS hacking has come far, anon. I can translate the Home Menu to my native language, get infinite 300 coins, replace XY/ORAS overworld textures, make homebrew applications like super fucking easily at this point.
>>
Hey, 26290951

You're the one who said to stop arguing.

Take your own advice then, stop handing out (you)s. Notice how I didn't give you one? It's because I've completely dismissed you and moved on. You should too.
>>
>>26290951
To be fair you aren't actually trying to make an insightful discussion.
>>
>>26290951
His question was already fucking answered, you idiot. It's not gen 6. Its gen 7. Just because he doesn't like the answer doesn't make it less valid, moron.
>>
>>26291001
Well that's your view on it. My intention was to ask what the reaction was gonna be and in your opinion. I guess that's out of the question because rather than choosing to answer the "IF" of the question, you chose to answer the first thing you disagreed with in the question.
At this point I'm gonna blame Game Theory for making people hate "IF" statements so much as to make it people's instinct to disprove it as impossible without asking the actual question and the outcome.

>>26290980
Your answer is below. I asked and got an answer that obnoxiously tried to turn my question of a theoretical outcome and someone's opinion on it to a "no, this is impossible". That is not an answer, that's just stating the question is impossible.
>>26291007
When are you gonna actually read the line of replies after that?
>"If" questions are to be taken as if, not questioning the reality.
Okay I get you're fed up with muh gen 6, but fucking hell is there a single line of thought that isn't CENTERED around "GENERATION SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ((in your ears it sounds like that)) that instead of the actual question it poses? You guys are dragging this out to something more than what it actually was asking for, god fucking damn.
>>
>>26291109
>that's just stating the question is impossible.
And also something you guys already seem to know. There's no point in trying to disprove something as that, it's not like I don't know.
>>
File: 1411332776783.png (53 KB, 209x216) Image search: [Google]
1411332776783.png
53 KB, 209x216
how can you guys be this stupid?
they could've done a third version or a sequel like always but those never sold as well as a new gen so the obvious solution for GF is to introduce new pokemon, new settings etc. to make people scream "wow this is new, i shouldn't miss on it!"
Whatever role Zygarde is going to play in S/M was planned by GF long ago, there was no Z or other shit that was cancelled, this was their decision from the start
>>
>>26291210
Yeah.
It's obvious what Game Freak are doing on their facade is hype shit up. They're one of the best companies at driving hype.
>>
>>26291210
Unless "whatever role Zygarde is going to play in S/M" involves going back to Kalos in the postgame, I'm inclined to disagree with you just because of the pentagon vs. hexagon thing. That can't be a coincidence or an oversight, clearly they planned to expand Kalos in a future game, and if it doesn't happen in SM then evidently they scrapped SOMETHING.
>>
>>26291481
Pentagon vs. Hexagon?
>>
>>26291481
"involves going back to Kalos in the postgame"
since it's the 20th anniversy they could very well pull another GSC that would explain their attention to Jhoto all of the sudden

But i was referring more to the fact that 100% Zyggo design fits both Xerneas and Yveltal and Solgaleo and Lunaala, and there's also the Sundial which will obviously reconnected with the Moondial in S/M
>>
>>26291637
>that would explain their attention to Jhoto all of the sudden
What attention?
>>
>>26291653
Johto Classics
>>
>>26291672
That's not attention.
Kanto and Hoenn both had competitions like that.
>>
File: 1309915602936.jpg (6 KB, 185x180) Image search: [Google]
1309915602936.jpg
6 KB, 185x180
>>26289197
>that's why an extra Zygarde got distributed over wi-fi
>>
>>26291685
yeah cause Hoenn got remade and Kanto because the anniversary and VR release
>>
>>26291705
literally no
>>
Sun and moon will be like the new gen 2 and we go to kalos after aloha elite 4
>>
>>26291712
Glad you agree that it's not much then.
>>
>>26291720
I don't think we are going to Kalos, but south kalos as post-game could be realistic (DPP battle frontier). The theme of Kiloude is too similar to the tropical hawaii to not be related somehow.

Also, palmtree captcha
>>
>>26291761
>DPP battle frontier
I hope it's not that one.
>>
how about instead of Pokemon Z or the third Alola entry, GF will pull another Gen 5 and make Pokemon Eclipse Z, a story that will tie lose knots from both region
>>
>>26290208
>implying Marshadow is going to be the third legendary and not another (failed) attempt at recreating Lucario
I mean, it doesn't even fit the naming theme with the other two, being made up of two English words as opposed to two Latin/Italian words
>>
>>26291792
i used it as an example of a zone with 3-4 towns and routes as post-game
>>
>>26291808
marshadow has been trademarked early, that means we have 2 options:

>it's the regional bird
>it's the regional HM slave

and it will be revealed if not on this saturday's corocoro video or next month.
>>
>>26290433
>Introduce a new gen, then go back to previous gen?
Kalos sequels would be gen 7 by then obviously, just like ORAS is a gen 6 game despite taking place in Hoenn
>>
delusional gen6 faggots all that new zygarde shit is anime only just like ash greninja
>>
>>26291989
delusional "animeexclusive"fag making a post about muh anime exclusivity when Tretta, Picross, TCG and Shuffle exist
>>
>>26291989
>already confirmed for not anime exclusive
>b-but...
>>
>>26292042
fuck off retard
>>
>>26291210
>they could've done a third version or a sequel like always but those never sold as well as a new gen
And you really think it took them almost 20 years to notice it? No, they always knew third versions don't sell as well as normal entries, but they didn't care because they knew raw sales numbers are not everything. You also have to factor in the time and effort required to produce the game, and there is no denying that these are significantly lower when compared to full generational releases. Hell, if you took a look at the sales charts, you'd notice that the sales of third versions have been constantly INCREASING since Crystal, so it would make even less sense for them to abandon the formula just now after it proven to be so succesful.

What actually happened was a combination of a) GameFreak falling for the stupid 20th anniversary meme b) them bending under the Nintendo's pressure (again), which was desperate to find anything to fill their completely barren 2016 3DS release schedule. Perfect Zygarde was just another case of someone finding himself at the wrong time at the wrong place.
>>
>>26292077
>argument is presented
>f-fuck off retard
This is only a fad, r-right..?
>>
>>26291705
DEEPEST
>>
>>26292106
SHITPOST
>>
>>26292110
STEPPEST
>>
>>26292115
MEMEPOST
>>
>>26292090
except the piece of shit you posted can't even be taken as an argument because its that stupid. so again fuck off retard
>>
>>26292134
That's not how you refute an argument anon, in fact that's the exact opposite it makes you look worse than the person you're trying to berate.
>>
>>26291989
Ash-Greninja was confirmed to be anime exclusive within he first two months of its reveal, no such statement has been made for the Zygarde forms

In fact, even in the anime the purpose of the Zygarde forms is still relatively unknown
>>
>>26292153
how dense are you. there was no argument. it was me posting hard facts and you spewing autism
>>
>>26292165
Yet ash greninja appeared in the TCG and Sidegames like shuffle and picross
>>
>>26292134
Even back in the days when 6 vs. 7 was just starting, you've always been on this edge, frothing anger with "RETARDS (multiple exclamation marks)". Why? I really don't understand.
>>26292186
The argument was that it's not anime exclusive; it's been in games and it's very likely to be involved in S/M somehow.
What's so opposable about Zygarde, anyway? Objectively would be nice, not with your subjective opinion on Zygarde.
>>26292165
>>26292206
Ash-Greninja is anime exclusive in the sense that it's basically named after an anime exclusive character. I could see it being in the main games, under a different name perhaps. AZ's Floette is the same thing, so.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 942x659) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 942x659
>>26292206
Promotional cards featuring characters from the anime are nothing new when it comes to PTCG. There were cards like Crystal Onix and Ash's Pikachu before, pic related.

So that leaves us with just Shuffle/Picross. I don't think it's a strong argument for Ash-Greninja ever making it into the main games.
>>
>>26292240
Yea thats true with the naming

I could see em throw in Zygardes forms in sun/moon, just not plot relevant
>>
>>26292305
>posting a fake as evidence
>>
>>26292305
Crystal Onix actually never had an official card

Ash's pikachu did however
>>
>>26292305
>http://ilkcmp.deviantart.com/gallery/
Oh boy what evidence
>>
I think it's clear that Z/XY2 will come out next year as a part of Gen 7. Who gives a shit what gen it's labeled in? But every single generation has gotten sequels, so will X and Y, just wait until next year. They weren't going to do a re-make then a sequel back to back (didn't they do this with HG/SS+Platinum though? Sorry, pretty new to modern Pokemon, stopped playing after Gen 3)
>>
>>26292317
>>26292327
>>26292332
My bad.
I do recall someone in /ptcgo/ saying there was a Crystal Onix promo card once though. Guess I should go and ask them again.
>>
>>26292382
Not sure if I understood your question right, but HGSS came out after Platinum. FRLG came before Emerald though, so there is some precedence.
>>
>>26292409
>I do recall someone in /ptcgo/ saying there was a Crystal Onix promo card once though.
It was never a thing.
There was a card that looked similar to the crystal onix but it was a simple stylized version of a regular one.
>>
>>26288366
Look at it this way:
>Solgaleo=Sun
>Lunaala=Moon
>Zygarde=Earth
>>
File: EX7_EN_69.png (171 KB, 245x342) Image search: [Google]
EX7_EN_69.png
171 KB, 245x342
This is the closest one I believe. It's still just a regular Onix though.

Does anyone have the original source of them saying that Ash's Greninja is going to be Anime exclusive? Or do people assume it because it has "Ash" in its name? I just managed to find the confirmation where they stated that it's not a Mega Evolution.
>>
>>26291989
Just like Magearna too amirite?
>>
File: 143392233.png (55 KB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
143392233.png
55 KB, 349x400
I mean it's obvious that Zygarde will play a major role in SM since there are lots of hints and connections between Kalos and Alola in XY.

Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows will most likely be retyped or at least gain a special effect that will make it so Zygarde counters Xerneas, Yveltal, probably by fusing/taking power from Solgaeo and Lunaala
>>
>>26292507
Zygarde is the ecosystem not the Earth. You're overstating its importance.
If anything the Weather Trio represent the Earth.
>>
>>26292550
It was stated in one of the Pokemon Fan magazines or whatever it was called. I think serebii posted it as a news back in December.
>>
>>26292085
>because they knew raw sales numbers are not everything.
lmao stopped reading there

Masuda himself said since everyone was expecting Grey they went from something different cause they didn't want to fall under the same predictable shit
After ORAS everyone was expecting either Z or X2Y2 so of course they had come up with something else, the thought that they would go back doing their ancient shit in this day and age is simply nonsense
>>
>>26293600
>Masuda himself said since everyone was expecting Grey they went from something different cause they didn't want to fall under the same predictable shit
No, they wanted to make Grey but Nintendo forced them to split it into BW2 for increased profits

Similar thing happened here, except they went straight for a new generation because Nintendo struggles to keep 3DS sales from falling and a third version wouldnt be enough
>>
>>26293665
>they wanted to make Grey but Nintendo forced them to split it into BW2 for increased profits
source?
>>
>>26293665
>but Nintendo forced them to split it into BW2 for increased profits
[citation needed]
Also the Iwata Asks says otherwise.
>>
>>26293688
>>26293708
Masuda himself said it in one of the interviews.

Of course he would never admit they did it to jew the fanbase twice for what used to be one third version but thats easy enough to guess if you can read between the lines
>>
>>26293912
>Of course he would never admit they did it

nice, another retard trying to force its own headcanon, fuck off
>>
>>26293912
If he said it in an interview then surely you could find it for us.
>>
>>26288366
But why are they programmed into gen 6 games if they were meant to be used against gen 7 mons frim the start?
>>
>>26294125
That is something I don't get, either. Why would Zygarde star in a generation other than his own, despite having major connections with the sun and moon? An example is Kyurem or the "original dragon" didn't star in X/Y, so it's a really weird situation Zygarde is in.
>>
>>26294180
>Why would Zygarde star in a generation other than his own
Why not?
There's no reason why it couldn't and it's not like Pokemon haven't gotten new forms and such outside of their original generation.
Especially in gen 6 with the introduction of megas.
>>
>>26294210
I don't think megas are comparable to something like Zygarde and Kyurem, especially not in the context of unused moves like these.
>>
File: Pokemon White 2 Box.jpg (19 KB, 250x225) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon White 2 Box.jpg
19 KB, 250x225
Game Freak probably saw some potential in another curveball release. At this rate, all that we have on the connections between Alola, Kalos, and possibly Hoenn is mere speculation. No matter how you look at it, we have pretty much no idea whatsoever on what Game Freak is about to do next.

Pic Related.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.