[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>at harbor town in Alola >talking to NPCs on the beach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (52 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
52 KB, 357x200
>at harbor town in Alola
>talking to NPCs on the beach
>"Have you explored the sunken ship yet?"
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 540x540
>exploring Clamperl Harbor
>can only find wild Octillery, Clamperl, and Yamask for some reason
>>
>Welcome to the mago berry plantation!
>I'm Mr. McBerry, the owner of the plantation!
>I'm also the governor of the island!
>My family came here 200 years ago and we've had this plantation and been governors ever since!
>>
>>26265045
My history professor doesn't buy Dole products for this exact reason. She also doesn't buy anything from Chiquita.
>>
I'm ignorant to history please explain it to me because I'm an idiot
>>
>>26265290
Pearl Harbor, dingus.
>>
>>26265290

Go back to the first fucking grade if you don't know what Pearl Harbor is.

Jesus, can't we ban this kid? He's obviously under the age of 11.
>>
>>26265256
Isn't Chiquita the originator of the term 'banana republic'?

Also is Dole really taking advantage of Hawaii like that?
>>
>>26264825
Will Japan do it?
>>
>>26265321
Any other company? Totally. Gamefreak? Nah, too aware.
>>
>>26265306
>implying everybody should learn about the history of a shitty island regardless of location
End yourself
>>
>>26265300
>>26265306
I know pearl harbour but I'm not from the US so we didn't get taught about it much
>>
>>26265361
It's not just a history of a shitty island, it's apart of a world war
>>
>>26265317
It is.

Also, I'm not sure if they still do today, but they basically controlled Hawaii at one point >>26264697
>>
>Legend has it that members of the evil Team Eagle were on board when it went down!
>>
>>26265290
US business men, like the owners of Dole fruit company, essentially overthrew the Hawaiian monarchy in order to enhance capitalism or something. It's why Hawaii is a US state.
>>
hundreds of US sailors were trapped inside the USS arizona after it flipped over after being bombed in the attack. they either drowned or died of asphyxiation due to lack of oxygen, many of them suffocated while frantically banging on the hull as rescuers were trying to weld through to get them out
>>
>>26265415
>>26265422
Thank you
>>
>>26265415
Let's be honest. Hawaii is ultimately better off for it.
>>
>>26265395
I'm from the UK and we're not really taught about Pearl Harbour. Most of Europe is taught about what actually happened in Europe, since that's what affected us.
>>
>>26265451
Certainly, native Hawaiians and the japs that they congregate with are just entitled assholes who don't respect the right of conquest like every other group on Earth. Since they're too pussified and incapable of proving that they'd be doing anything other than shitting on the floor and smacking rocks together today if it weren't for the businessmen who built up the damn place, they just throw rocks and yell at tourists. Fuck them.
>>
>>26265467
december 7 1942, japan launches sneak attack at pearl harbor, the us navy base in honolulu, where most of the pacific fleet was anchored
it's super effective
>>
File: 354511242323.gif (476 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
354511242323.gif
476 KB, 288x216
>Talk to NPC
>"It's been years ago...Kanto and Johto sky trainers threw many Voltorbs and Electrodes down at this very spot, all you could see were the bright lights..."
>>
>>26265547
>"...But it's alright. Surge and his squadron dropped a couple nukes on 'em and Unova and Alola won the war."
>>
File: 1442521152412.jpg (244 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1442521152412.jpg
244 KB, 720x960
>>26265467
weird, we learn about all three fronts here

your history lessons should be broadened
>>
>>26265529
I know what happened because I read up on it in my own time. I'm just saying that the war didn't revolve around America and European countries tend to focus on aspects that affected them.
>>
>>26265582
We're taught something along the lines of "Japan attacked Pearl Harbour, USA joins the fight" but we don't go into much more detail than that. We tend to focus on the other two fronts more.
>>
>>26265666
well the joke in the OP would refer to one of the ships still in the harbor, like the Arizona
>>
>>26265702
>the Arizona
>Orre is based on Arizona
The SS Orre?
>>
>>26264964
FUCK i want a hotdog
>>
>>26265582
in my freedomland education, we only learned about the pacific theatre and the european theatre. we never covered north africa.
>>
>>26265956
I was talking about the eastern front as it's own theatre

I actually had to go out and watch my documentaries for africa
>>
>>26265956
Here in europe (my country atleast) its mostly Europe and the Pacific almost notjimg on africa
>>
>>26265956
Africa was mentioned but nobody bothered going into detail.
>>
>>26265956
The only time North Africa gets mentioned is in reference to Rommel
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.