[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pmdg/ - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1461407588586.png (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461407588586.png
444 KB, 1920x1080
Lapras edition. Old thread >>26016161

SPMD .cia http://pastebin.com/uR5bKJkw

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online feature or anything doing so, don't worry. You will be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more.

Blue, Sky, and an emulator (now comes with rom editor so you can have custom starters): https://mega.nz/#!TUEBhRQY!mfpcugVQp_aVbNVNDoJjElo3c__57V0s6O45ftnMSHQ

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

Super Mystery Dungeon FAQ: http://pastebin.com/aY45shVA

Super Mystery Dungeon Treasure List + Locations: http://pastebin.com/1xsZmqgJ
REMINDER: If you need a rescue, post your region. Due to a few things that make no sense, rescues are region locked. It's shitty, but be sure to mention if you're European or American. If you use the .cia in this post, your region should be listed as American.
>>
>>26065067
>Chespin trying to get a feel
I knew it. Damn overpowered perverted hedgehogs
>>
File: CZae-YaVIAICNxv.png (72 KB, 428x335) Image search: [Google]
CZae-YaVIAICNxv.png
72 KB, 428x335
I want to marry the partner!
>>
File: anon's dreams.jpg (128 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
anon's dreams.jpg
128 KB, 400x240
>>26065257
>>
>>26065257
The partner is for cherishing!
CHERISHING!
>>
I'm confused as to how people feel about the partner.
>>
>>26065315
Different people have different opinions.

I love them. My favorite yet.
>>
I finally played Super and it's really great.
Lots of cool improvements and changes like how turn order works, AI being less robotic, swapping leaders, buffed Blast Seeds and other stuff. Everything feels more convenient.
I like most of the new features, like Tiny Revivers and Elixirs, ally healing, wands, emeras, alliances, move upgrading, and so on. Most serve to increase the strategy involved in the game.
The game seems a lot harder than the previous games, and I'm only at Ancient Barrow. I'm actually dying(mostly to one-shots)! The game seems to be designed around working cooperatively with your partners rather than going solo, which is a bit different than the previous games where the partner was mostly dead weight. Enemies have tons of health, so it seems to be expected that you're hitting them 2-3 times per turn. I don't like that my regeneration is so fast, but at the same time it isn't completely awful since the enemies are tougher.
It's really nice to be able to viably use a wide variety of Pokemon. Lots of measures were taken to let you use your favorites or choose tactically. The "break" system is kind of ass, though. I like the idea behind it, but it needs to be toned down.
The game is a lot more tactical than the previous ones. You need to bring items in to dungeons or you will be fucked. It seems very strange to me that there's no way to make a "preset inventory" that you can set and load if you have enough items in your storage. Every time I want to go into a dungeon, I have to check manually "do I have enough apples, do I have enough elixirs, do I have enough wands" and so on. It would be nice if I could just do that once, save it, and reload it with a single button press.
1/2
>>
>>26065648
2/2
I don't know why everyone complains about the story. There are way more characters that have actual personality beyond a verbal tic. I haven't gotten to the meat of the story, so maybe that isn't as good as, say, Explorers, but the writing quality is very good so far. The partner is a little obnoxious, but everyone in-universe acknowledges it so I don't see that as a flaw.
I have a few gripes, but nothing major. There doesn't seem to be projectile items(rocks, spikes), which means that sometimes I just can't do anything and have to wait for my partners to kill enemies. The AI, while more advanced, can act unpredictably and get itself into precarious situations. Overall, I think I prefer it to the older games, but I wouldn't say that it's a straight improvement. They get lost less often, though(even with 4 partners), which is a huge bonus to people that like to run big teams. The menu is hard to navigate because it shows icons and doesn't show the whole thing at once. I keep forgetting where certain options are and end up having to scroll through the whole menu to find them(time which really adds up!). It looks nicer, but is nowhere near as functional as the other games' menus. Finally, some of the animations are quite choppy. I don't care too much about graphics, but some of them are just awful to look at.
I'm not very far in, but I think this will end up being my favorite in the series. I haven't played Gates, though(the demo showed little promise). Anyone who is on the fence about Super should definitely play it. The game gets a lot of praise here, and it's nice to see that it lives up to the hype and exceeds it.
>>
>>26065648
>I don't like that my regeneration is so fast
It's slower than it was in the DS games

>It seems very strange to me that there's no way to make a "preset inventory" that you can set and load if you have enough items in your storage.
GtI ALMOST had it, but you couldn't make your own sets.
>>
>>26065666
>There doesn't seem to be projectile items(rocks, spikes)
There are rocks and spikes in Super
>>
>>26065666
Good to see you're enjoying the game, Satan. I also wish these games had inventory sets, it's one of my most requested features.

Come back with your final verdict once you've finished the game.
>>
>>26065701
>, Satan.
i dont get this meme
>>
>>26065678
It's slower? I guess I just haven't played RT or Explorers in a while.
I remember in those games I would constantly run into enemies while I was at half health and have to swap with my partner or use an item. In Super it seems like I'm always at full health when I find an enemy.
Maybe the enemies are just more spread out? Maybe the regen scales differently at higher levels? I kind of want to see some numbers for comparison.
>>
>>26065714
The post ended in 666.
>>
>>26065714
Look at my post number.
>>
>>26065714
>I am blind
>>
>>26065726
>>26065733
>>26065736
Ooh. I'm retarded, sorry.
>>
>>26065648
Gameplay was easily the best in the series. It made me actually enjoy the post story stuff unlike the other games. That alone makes it the best in the series, however...

>>26065666
...The story suffered massively, but it was a story that I disliked in retrospect rather than what I felt while actually playing it. Side cast in the village were very enjoyable but Having them vanish from the plot near the half way point was inexcusably shitty, and really makes the entire segment feel borderline pointless in hindsight. A lot of other problems include some of the worst pacing I've ever seen in a story, but the good points of the story are really great.

How's it doing in hell by the way Satan? You'll soon find out
>>
File: continue to cherish.png (16 KB, 556x558) Image search: [Google]
continue to cherish.png
16 KB, 556x558
>>26065315
Best
>>
>>26065715
Health regen in Sky depends on your max HP. If you have like 300+, you recover 2-3+ HP per step.
>>
File: PMDRRT-UnusedMap.png (21 KB, 332x280) Image search: [Google]
PMDRRT-UnusedMap.png
21 KB, 332x280
This is completely random, but are there beds in the Mystery Dungeon setting? Like honest to god beds, not the piles of hay everyone seems to sleep on. You'd think if they can manufacture buildings and things like scarves (I believe I also saw piles of blankets in the Nurse's office in SMD) they'd be able to make at least a basic pallet or something. Hay is not the most comfortable material to sleep in.

Pic slightly related, it was an unused room in the files of Red/Blue Rescue Team with a bed sprite in it.
>>
>>26065315
Is the Super partner the most divisive character in the series?

As much as I wanted to like him, I just found him too annoying to ever get attached to. You could say that's the idea, but I just found myself questioning 'why am I supposed to be friends with this guy?' too often.

Not a badly written character, just not one I liked
>>
>>26066156
If there are beds, they're probably expensive or hard to make.
>>
>>26066156
Swanna's Inn in GtI does.
>>
>>26066183
At the very least, they could make pallets out of blankets. I know if I ended up in the PMD universe I'd want to sleep on something more comfy. I've slept in hay before, 0/10 itchy and uncomfortable, would not recommend.

>>26066198
Did it? I vaguely remember something bed-like there but it's been so long since I've played Gates and I don't have my copy anymore.
>>
File: panic button.png (303 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
panic button.png
303 KB, 600x610
>Have to bring my backup team for a day
>Monster House in Frozen Mountain
>Brought a Petrify Orb just in case
>Use it, laugh, start heading towards the stairs
>They get unpetrified by weather damage
>>
File: 1.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>26066226
>still in hay
>>
The hay thing is cute
>>
>>26066307
Yeah, it is, until you realize

>all the games have hay
>a disaster happens every time

I think we know who the series villain is.
>>
>>26066293
Yeah I JUST looked it up. Goddamn, do you Pokemon sleep on anything else?
>>
>>26066293
Maybe cotton's really hard to get?

Gates had no pokemon i can think of that are cotton based in any way
>>
>>26066156
They have yet to salvage a fully intact bed from some ancient ruins, or even a loom
Or rediscover how to make glass for windows
>>
>>26066375
Why not wool? Plenty of sheep Pokemon.

And if no cotton, how are they making bandanas/scarves/blankets/rugs?
>>
>>26066410
Mareep isn't in Gates, neither is Jumpluff.

>>26066379
They probably haven't even thought to make a blanket
>>
>>26066424
We're not just talking about Gates. PMD in general. Mareep is in the other games. (and absence of them in Gates was because they were too fucking lazy to include all Pokemon, not because they don't exist in that continent...which you return to in SMD)

Also, like I said before you can see blankets in the nurse Audino's office in SMD.
>>
>>26066436
>lazy
>>
>>26066456
To be fair, Gates was very lazily put together.
>>
>>26066436
She paid a lot for these blankets, many teams lost their lives recovering them from the ruins of what was once a residential area
>>
>>26066456
>>26066468
>Lazy
Rushed*
>>
>>26066471
Yes, because all those clean, new looking blankets were scavenged from ancient ruins.

Not to mention all the other stuff that shows Pokemon at least know how to sew. Like bags and flags n whatnot.
>>
>>26066471
>you might be able to beat ZIS and Sacred Ruins, but are you a bad enough Pokemon to find a blanket?
>>
>>26066436
They also seemed to forget that Whimsicott's line was in Gates.
>>
>>26066563
i forgot.

Maybe some places just don't use them?
>>
>>26066509
And the only one confirmed being able to sew was Mew.
>>
>>26065067
aw yeah my edit was used for a thread cover

>>26066329
surprisingly, chunsoft and tpt don't strike me as very creative, unfortunately

>they're animals, obviously they sleep on hay and don't know how to make technology

noe town was pretty cool though, they at least have steam power over there what with all the turning gears and shit
>>
>>26067052
Maybe technology is very slowly moving ahead?
>>
>>26067052
I like it like that though. And instead of technology there's this magic-like stuff or whatever, like orbs, or magnagates.
>>
>>26067085
yeah id like to see more tech-magic hybrid civilizations in media in general

i also like the aesthetic of pmd, like everything is just a little bit more, i guess, home-made looking rather than perfect and manufactured
>>
>>26065269
>tfw you'll never, never ever get to marry the partner
>>
>>26067052
>>26067118
I feel the opposite, the more magitek you shove into PMD the less creative and interesting it is. Time Gears were the exception, but they were pretty clearly explained to be related to Dialga, and the world in general felt like a Pokemon world. Super felt like a generic fantasy world with Pokemon slapped on, and Serene Village and Sahra Town were the only decent settlements. Whatever they do for the next game, I'd rather they stick with a low fantasy theme, since it fits the concept of Pokemon better imo.
>>
>>26067779
i think i feel what you mean

my favorite is the treasure town aesthetic

maybe the problem is chunsoft thinks they need to revolutionize pmd to keep people interested
>>
>>26067804
>maybe the problem is chunsoft thinks they need to revolutionize pmd to keep people interested
Maybe not the world, but now they've done the Explorers kind of plot 3 times. I think the next one should be as different as Explorers was to RT.
>>
>>26067877
Agreed. The question is, though...

One continent or all of them? If all, will they be utilized in the main story?

I really like what Lightning Returns did and gave each continent its own story.
>>
>>26067933
I'd say one of them would be better, in Super it was more because "whoa look!!!! all of the continents!"
>>
>>26068050
>>26067933
what if they did a game on the sand continent?

or a game where they have the whole world again but they actually USE all of the continents for the story? i feel like that would be really promising
>>
File: The Fairies.png (439 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
The Fairies.png
439 KB, 800x480
>go to Dragon Gate with this team
>battle Dialga, Palkia, and Rayquaza
>actually win with 3 Reviver Seeds left
>>
File: 1284314551469.png (95 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1284314551469.png
95 KB, 320x240
>>26065315
Just as a hyperactive schoolkid, sure, whatever. I didn't care for them too much, but maybe I would've grown to like them by the end of the game or after multiple playthroughs.

And then the final twist happened. Blame Mew for why I hate the Super partner so much.

>>26069800
So did you go in with 23 Reviver Seeds or something?
>>
File: 1369906531987.jpg (111 KB, 1440x774) Image search: [Google]
1369906531987.jpg
111 KB, 1440x774
>>26065666
A little late, but I agree with a lot of your points. I still haven't played Explorers (Or Gates, but I don't think there's really any real competition aside from story there).

>I don't know why everyone complains about the story.
Most of the complaints I've seen come from the ending, which admittedly, is pretty confusing and might have plot holes, however I still really enjoyed it. I have seen other complaints, and what's interesting is that I see where people are coming from for all of them, but I don't always agree with them. Like, I feel like there's an explanation for it, at least in my eyes. I think the entire story as a whole is really good. It has some low points, but really, really high points to balance it out. I will admit that the postgame story, the little there is, was pretty disappointing. That's actually a bit of an understatement but I won't say anymore if you haven't actually beaten the game yet.

Emeras are my favorite addition. I really hope they return in the next game.
>>
File: 1389565669783.jpg (70 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1389565669783.jpg
70 KB, 413x395
>>26064484
It's perfect!
>>
chatot is gay. chatot sucks all day. chatot is not cool. chatot is for fools. chatot is for nerds. chatot is a turd. chatot sucks. chatot is for ducks. chatot needs to stop getting bigger. chatot is like a nigger. chatot is dumb. chatot is for chumps. fuck chatot.
>>
>>26070777
And I agree with trips replying trips.
>>
>>26070922
I'd take chatot's virginity

if wigglytuff didnt already take it at least
>>
Do Pokemon eat other Pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon universe?
>>
How much does Go For Broke increase stats? Obviously, it's a pretty bad emera, but how bad is it exactly?
>>
>>26065067
Does anyone know if there is a version of the rom editor to get custom starters but for Mac?
>>
>>26071873
hmm i don't think so

was there a thing like wine but for mac
>>
Have we ever done a strawpoll to see whether people use EUR or USA version of Super, and if so what were the results? I plan on reinstalling it soon and would prefer to use the version most others do in case people want a rescue.
>>
>>26069267
oh boy, here we go again
>>
File: sylveon.png (108 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
sylveon.png
108 KB, 400x250
>>26072399
>>
>>26071873
Use AR codes instead.
http://www.kodewerx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=7069
For the first day, the cutscenes will have the wrong Pokemon. Also, I think level-up stats and starting moves are messed up. But if there's no other alternative, you could use this.
>>
Anything special I need to do before I can get hoopa from its lamp in sahra town, or do I just suck at searching
>>
>>26072669
>do I just suck at searching
yes
>>
I've started the game recently and I haven't played a lot (last thing I did is defeat the Poli-bros). Everything is pretty comfy and cute, I like it a lot. But the game doesn't wants me to keep playing, I don't feel attached to it, I don't feel any adventure vibes from it. Does the game go better enough to force myself to play it?

Also, did anybody feel that? Is a nostalgia killing sensation, or something like that. Sorry for not being able to explain it better, I suck at english.
>>
>>26072693
The early game of PMD games are usually pretty slow. Once more things open up and you have more options to play around with, things get even better.
>>
>>26066170

No, I think that's a completely understandable point of view, I liked the high energy and the partner had, it gave the game some kind of impetus, especially in the early game when there was little other driving force besides you must do X to pass this story point, since he was really excited about doing it RIGHT NOW!!!! but I could easily see that coming off as annoying, but I liked that it was combined with a healthy naivety, it really sold the young kid with big dreams characterisation for me.

>>26072693

It does get better as you continue, especially after graduation, since there becomes actual reasons to do stuff then.
>>
>>26071010
>Team Tasty
Yes
>>
>>26072225
Install both versions and switch the saves with FBI 2.x when needed. I'm pretty sure most people here use the american version anyway. I hate what they did with the european release i'm still sad!
>>
Is Pelipper Island worth going if you don't have to rescue / be rescued? What can you do there?
>>
>>26073411

There's a couple of special stages you can do there, and you can ask for helper mons from the internet there if you want random mons in your dungeons. It's a bit of a crapshoot though, because there are a bunch of level 5 shitters in there who'll die and let a enemy evolve in one shot. Besides that, not really.
>>
>>26073411
During the story, it's good for grinding items if you need them.
>>
File: jirachi.png (660 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
jirachi.png
660 KB, 1024x1024
So, I just joined the guild in Super.
I was not fucking expecting a boss fight. I came in with no items at all. I found Warp Wand 3 on the ground, though. Jirachi just destroyed me. Couldn't even leave to get items, you're locked in until you fight Jirachi.
I know it's a "supposed to lose" fight that doesn't matter, but I'm certain I could've won if I came in with items. Just a Ban Seed, some status wands, and some oran would've been enough. I don't think you get anything for winning, but I feel bad that I got cheated out of a boss fight. In my headcanon I am the strongest Pokemon in the universe, so this gives me major ass-pain.
Please tell me you get to refight this fucker later. I need to prove my mettle.
>>
File: WVW69jJlERQUpOsgLU.jpg (122 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jJlERQUpOsgLU.jpg
122 KB, 400x240
I'm >>26072693. How much until it gets interesting? I just done what's in the pic. That boss fight was pretty cool, desu.
>>
>>26074518
By the way, my companion, Prinny, is so freaking cute. I really want to bully her in a sexual way.
>>
>>26074375
I'm pretty sure that's your one shot, unfortunately.
>>
File: Ce5sjnjWAAAc_3d.jpg (50 KB, 600x778) Image search: [Google]
Ce5sjnjWAAAc_3d.jpg
50 KB, 600x778
>>26074375
I actually managed to JUST beat him.
>>
File: thatHedgehog.jpg (87 KB, 685x901) Image search: [Google]
thatHedgehog.jpg
87 KB, 685x901
>>26074586
I had one opportunity to seize everything I ever wanted, in one moment? And I let it slip?
Now I know that this smug fuckass is just going to be giggling to himself every time I talk to him. I'll show him. Someday.
>>
>>26074375
If I beat him, so can you only fight being torchic was ever really useful

I beat grovyle in sky too at that one lake , am I cool yet
>>
>>26076005
Too late, m80. Already gave up and took the loss. It's impossible without good luck or items, which I had neither of. Good thing you don't lose anything for losing, I had all my money on me.
I'm Pika+Fennekin. He kills me in two hits and I have no revivers because the game locks you in. I just have to pray for stuns. Fake Out never flinches, Electro Ball never gets para, Psybeam never confuses, no crits, it just doesn't work and I don't care to reset forever until I manage to stunlock him with my shitty 1/1000 chances.

>beat him with Torchic
With items, I presume? Or does Torchic get good stun? RT Skitty, Explorers Vulpix, or pre-Super Charmander could take this guy on with no items, for sure.

>always beat Grovyle
Oh, wow. I didn't know that you could lose that one and still continue. I always beat him without dying and at least once I beat him without getting hit at all. The cutscene after seemed like total bullshit but now it makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>26074375
>Tfw on both runs I beat Jirachi
>Tfw I didn't know what Jirachi's typing was and thought it was Normal
First one was tough, but the second one
That was fun
>>
>>26076005
>doing that fight as wooper
>start to worry before it
>remember grass heals me

thanks swap items, you're real nice when you're for pokemon i actually use
>>
>>26074541
LEWD

>>26074636
>tfw went in with like 10 reviver seeds and not enough anything else and lost all my seeds
WAOU GOOD GAEM GOOD BAWS

got over it though
>>
File: WVW69jJmlnUDiYKNm0.jpg (110 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jJmlnUDiYKNm0.jpg
110 KB, 400x240
>>
File: 1460160310023.jpg (314 KB, 800x775) Image search: [Google]
1460160310023.jpg
314 KB, 800x775
>>26065648
>>26065666
I also finished Super recently.
The thing I liked most was the hard-locking of the basic attack to a paltry 5 damage. It makes simple moves such as Tackle and Scratch have value due to their high PP count, unlike in the old games where you just mashed A through dungeons.

The thing I disliked about it the most was the way recruitment was handled.
Because you now "unlock" pokemon instead of relying on RNG, the whole thing feels a lot less personal. Since you've just "unlocked characters" in the most literal sense.
In Blue and Time you were always spelunking with you, your partner, and two other dudes who wanted to join your team out of respect and admiration. Each one felt unique because you were at the mercy of RNG, and could accept or decline subsequent applications at will.
It was very satisfying when some cool pokemon like Scyther or a fully evolved pokemon wanted to join you.
In Super you just go on dives with you, your partner, and some faggot you texted like 5 minutes before entering the dungeon because you had a spare ticket.

also Chespin is best partner
and Espurr/Swirlix are best girls

>>26074375
I just cheesed that faggot with wands and a couple of T.Revivers/Orans.
Always carry a
>Stayaway for "nope not fucking dealing with this shit" moments
>Pounce for swoocing the fuck out of shit situations and across the map if you're lined up with the room entrances
>Slumber/Confuse to incapacitate tough enemies and bosses
>>
File: 1460335498616.jpg (152 KB, 900x771) Image search: [Google]
1460335498616.jpg
152 KB, 900x771
>>26078050
Also I'll add that I understand "why" the recruitment now is the way it is (because there's a gorillion fucking pokemon and the amount of friend areas required/time to catch 'em all would be insane). But I still don't like it all the same.
>>
>>26078050
>The thing I liked most was the hard-locking of the basic attack to a paltry 5 damage. It makes simple moves such as Tackle and Scratch have value due to their high PP count, unlike in the old games where you just mashed A through dungeons.
Yes but 5 is too little. It makes the A attack completely useless past the first few dungeons.
>>
>>26078083
I don't think that's the reason and I'm sure it would work either way. They should mix the two mission methods though.
>>
>>26078083
>time to catch 'em all would be insane
isn't it supposed to be like that?
>>
File: 1379867747514.png (309 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1379867747514.png
309 KB, 600x600
>>26078050
>The thing I liked most was the hard-locking of the basic attack to a paltry 5 damage
The was one of the worst parts of the game to me. Sure it was OP in Rescue Team, and they nerfed it in Sky, but it was still OP there since you could hit 4 times in one turn with it there. But nerfing it to 5 damage is going too far.

Ideally, the default attack should be strong enough to finish enemies off, and a fallback if you run out of PP. It does neither in SMD. Hit an enemy and bring them to 40HP out of 200+, and you still have to burn off another PP on them. Get trapped with no PP left, and you're fighting those things? You're looking at 20-30 turns of hitting A if you have no other way of attacking. Basically you're totally fucked, and dependent on Elixers more than ever.

If they're going to cap off damage form the default attack while giving enemies more HP, capping the damage at 60-70 damage dealt is much more fair. This way, your moves are still an ideal solution for fighting normally, and you can utilize the default attack to finish off the enemy.
>>
>>26078139
I liked that you can check if your enemies will faint by using the normal attack instead of wasting PP on a move.
>>
>>26078669
I don't think you actually know though
>it doesn't
>hey but maybe it's just one more
>it still doesn't
>hey but maybe

What would you think about adding an HP bar for enemies? Maybe along with the type icons when you press Y.
>>
>>26078702
Yeah I know. I pay attention to the damage a species takes so that the next time I face another one of that kind, I can decide whether I finish it off with a normal attack or not. It also works with the Payback Emera since it brings the mon that attacked you to 1 HP if it's counterattacked.
>>
>>26078050
Oh, if only I had my regular items. I put them away because I was in town and was going to withdraw my regular set after going to the guild.

Here's my loadout:
The 5 essentials: looplet, apple, elixir, oran, reviver.
Escape Orb just in case revivers run out.
Petrify/Totter/Slumber Orb for clearing out MH(and horde bosses).
See-trap/Trapbust Orb for retrieving items from MH(too tedious to trap-search manually in big rooms).
Stayaway/Warp Wand to get rid of tough enemies that block the path.
Pounce Wand for huge utility(avoiding enemies, escaping lethal situations, surrounding enemies, getting to emeras, and so on).
Slumber/Confuse/Petrify/Truant Wand for dealing with tough enemies. With Petrify, you can stun an enemy and wait for natural regeneration to heal your party to full(or just run). It's kind of slow, but it works if you have enough fullness. Although I'm guessing that bosses will shake off petrify with their boss immunity.

I used to carry Blast Seeds for difficult enemies(those tough fuckers that one-shot you out of nowhere), but 100 damage isn't that big anymore.
>>
Who will the first Ghost-type starter be?
>>
File: 1455246214294.png (42 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
1455246214294.png
42 KB, 224x224
>>26080035
>drifloon

You might as well roll the credits when you pick that
>>
>>26080035
Litwick. Maybe.
>>
File: WVW69jJgfu81X2fke_.jpg (181 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jJgfu81X2fke_.jpg
181 KB, 400x240
I guess I can appreciate that you don't need to worry about not bringing the right supplies but sheesh.
>>
>>26080035
were there any ghosts in s&m?

maybe they'll add more cute ghosts and then we can use those
>>
File: 1455390425978.png (325 KB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
1455390425978.png
325 KB, 1500x1200
>>26080152
Every time.
>>
File: 1460134921488.png (14 KB, 200x260) Image search: [Google]
1460134921488.png
14 KB, 200x260
>>26078050
>The thing I liked most was the hard-locking of the basic attack to a paltry 5 damage.

I actually liked this too. I can see why some people don't like it, but I did. It should probably be buffed a little bit in the next game though.

>The thing I disliked about it the most was the way recruitment was handled.
Since you followed up with your next comment, I agree with this. It is a lot more satisfying to recruit members the old way. Like you said, it still makes sense why it works the way it does. It would be nice if we were able to get the best of both worlds somehow...

>Espurr/Swirlix are best girls
Espurr yes, but swirlix beat me up and ate my lunch money, she can go die
>>
The main problem with such a weak normal attack, which only gets buffed through mega evolution, is if you run out of PP and have no Elixers, you're beyond fucked.
>>
>>26082160
Good thing that's almost impossible in most dungeons.

I haven't tried any of the dungeons longer than 30 floors, but in the <30 dungeons it was never an issue. I either had enough elixirs or found more. And then you can also use a regular Reviver Seed to replenish PP if you need to.

Explorers did have the best system, though. Half EXP for only using normal attacks is a good demotivator. Levels don't matter in Super so that system wouldn't have worked.
>>
>>26082180
I just don't see why it should never get stronger. Level 5 to level 100, it's the same damage
>>
>>26082218
Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any real reason other than they just wanted it to be like that. I think it'd be cool if had a chance to sap PP or something to make up for its lack of power.
>>
File: trade 100 of an item.jpg (75 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
trade 100 of an item.jpg
75 KB, 320x240
Reminder you can swap your excess items for gold bars
>>
File: happyBaller.jpg (23 KB, 300x409) Image search: [Google]
happyBaller.jpg
23 KB, 300x409
>>26082747
>mfw I knew this going in and have been buying rocks every day
But what do I spend the gold bars on?
I spent a few on money so that I could afford all the tickets as soon as I could buy them. Then I spent 1 on Revivers because 1:5 is pretty good. What do I do with them now? Stat-boosters for once I get Water Looplet? Wait until his selection expands?
>>
>>26082747
Holy hell I had no idea you could do that. Though running low on bars was not an issue for me anyways, could be nice to have more to buff more than my two mc's though. Do I just have to place 100 items in a storage to convert into a gold bar or something?
>>
>>26083633
Yeah, stat boosters are the best things you can buy outside of Reviver Seeds. There are some looplets you might want to buy later, but it's basically boost city.

>>26083650
When you have 100 of an item in storage, selecting it gives now gives you the "exchange" option.
>>
File: with my trunk.png (1022 KB, 1410x1370) Image search: [Google]
with my trunk.png
1022 KB, 1410x1370
>>
>>26086270
>When you swear your partner has brain damage but you don't want to say anything
>>
>Be Fennekin
>Finally manage to save up and buy Heat Wave TM
>Accidentally walk into monster house
>It's full of grass types
>mfw

Feels good man.
>>
File: Pffft.png (162 KB, 445x503) Image search: [Google]
Pffft.png
162 KB, 445x503
>>26086285
>Doing a meet up with my BraiBrai partner
>Dios mio! It's a Monstar house!
>Forgot to bring a Petrify Orb
>Well then, this might take a whi-
>They're all weak to fire
>Mfw
>>
File: buried city.png (182 KB, 346x354) Image search: [Google]
buried city.png
182 KB, 346x354
>tfw we never get to explore this place
>>
File: 20160421_160549.png (2 MB, 1453x1070) Image search: [Google]
20160421_160549.png
2 MB, 1453x1070
>>26086805
Armaldo was a criminal and Igglybuff is lucky he didn't get kidnapped or worse.
>>
>>26086904
>tfw you will never have your tiny virgin boypussy "raped" by your master while you beg for more, and proceed to be forbidden to go home ever again so you can be his sex slave
>>
will I get to keep mew in actual mew forme, or does she go away at some point. if not I'm just gonna spam a bunch of tms on her right now
>>
>>26087850
You keep
>>
>>26087868
cool

now let's discuss if mew is a grill or a very feminine boy
>>
>>26087893
I like penis and project my partner as a boy so I think boy
>>
>>26087893
Either is fine.

My partner was a girl so I like to think of Mew as a girl as well.
>>
>2016
>not liking cute boys
Nobody does this, right?
>>
File: 49835375_p4.png (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
49835375_p4.png
59 KB, 600x600
>>26089177
Best boy.

Unless your partner was a boy
>>
>>26090799
isnt that crepix

l-lewd
>>
>>26090950
It is, but it's not a crop. Just cute.
>>
>>26090996
well, to me, most of the time, cute and hot are the same thing
>>
File: 53083535_p13_master1200.jpg (318 KB, 918x880) Image search: [Google]
53083535_p13_master1200.jpg
318 KB, 918x880
>>
File: pmd flaaffy.png (451 KB, 1023x1313) Image search: [Google]
pmd flaaffy.png
451 KB, 1023x1313
>>26092884
>>
>>26092931
Portrait of the guildmaster as a young mon
>>
File: Spoiler Image.png (23 KB, 284x279) Image search: [Google]
Spoiler Image.png
23 KB, 284x279
>>
Is it still possible for defeated enemies to join your team if you're standing inside a wall? The answer will greatly affect how I go about recruiting Kecleon in Explorers.
>>
>>26094181
I dunno, try it out in Drenched Bluff or something. Even if it does, nothing that gets Fast Friend can stand in walls. You'd HAVE to use a Mobile Orb to pull it off.
>>
>>26094217
Just tested it and it still works. Neat.

>implying I don't have a Mobile Orb prepared
>>
>>26090799
>europe
>>
File: shekleon.jpg (152 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
shekleon.jpg
152 KB, 750x750
Don't forget to buy some Orbs and TM's! You wouldn't want to be in a monster house without Blizzard or a Petrify Orb now, would you?
>>
>>26096673
good thing im unbelievably wealthy, already found a blizzard tm, have recycle, and find petrify orbs around all over the place just from adventuring
>>
don't die on me
>>
So I've been reunited with my partner for a while now, is there any more actual story to the game? Like those treasures for example?
>>
>>26099663
No
Once you're done the Epilogue, that's it for the story
The only thing to do after that is 100%
>>
File: tear.jpg (16 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
16 KB, 640x480
> Doing the mission to deliver the item from igglybuff to Armaldo
> He says that the igglybuff reminds him of his Junior, who's a guildmaster now
> Mfw
>>
>>26099671
Thanks, that's that then I guess

Really enjoyed the game, I had some gripes with the story but it was pretty awesome regardless and the game felt pretty polished from a gameplay perspective. It's really not better or worse than sky imo and I honestly can't wait until the next one comes out. I'll probably keep playing it every now and then (maybe even replay sometime, who knows)

Shoutout you guys for help along the way too
>>
>>26099770
>Shoutout you guys for help along the way too
If you ask for rescues a lot then no problem. I've probably rescued you once or twice
>>
So how does Super Mystery Dungeon stack up to other games in the series?
I want to get it, but I'm poor as fuck, so I need to be sure it's worth it.
>>
>>26099974
Arguably better than Gates, probably not better than Explorers or Rescue. Fun, but pretty darn frustrating at the same time, and not in the "i'm learning how to play the game this is fun" way, it's more of a stupid unpolished frustrating.

Think of Super like Skyward Sword, it makes a bunch of changes to the mechanics that aren't thought out or fixed up very well.
>>
>>26100196
>Arguably better than its prototype
lol

>probably not better than explorers or rescue team
it sounds almost acceptable only because of that other opinion of yours above

>skyward sword is bad
whoa!

the mechanics are pretty good and improved over the ds games

>>26099974
it's good get it, it's at least as good as the ds games
of course my opinions are right and factual and are the truth and you can't think differently from me bye
>>
PSMD has sold 1.22 million copies worldwide.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/256625-nintendo-s-2015-fiscal-year-earnings-full-details
>>
>SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. https://smd.salthax.org/

Anyone tried this?
>>
>>26100254
I'm that opinion above, and it looked more negative than I meant

This game is awesome >>26099974, I highly recommend it. One of the best titles the 3ds has to offer
>>
>>26100381
>salt
>releasing something

pick one
>>
>>26100503
It's true though, they're trying to get attention by releasing something now pointless.
>>
>>26100346
>still 1/10 of the main games
I hope Chunsoft is getting all the money they need.
>>
>>26100982
Around the 1 Million units sold is still an impressive number I think. Many other RPGs can only hope to achieve that amount of sales, and the Pokemon IP definitely helps Spike Chunsoft because the PMD series are their best selling games (IIRC). And with this amount of units sold, PSMD will probably surpass Gates to Infinity's sales numbers (if it hasn't done so already).

While this seems to be good news, I still wonder why there is such a drop in sales compared to Rescue Team and Explorers (which both sold around the 4-5 million units). Part of me believes that it's because of the lower user base the 3DS has compared to the DS.
>>
>>26101424
>Part of me believes that it's because of the lower user base the 3DS has compared to the DS.
That's most likely the reason.

>surpass Gates to Infinity's sales numbers (if it hasn't done so already)
I think it has
>>
File: imakuni.png (21 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
imakuni.png
21 KB, 192x192
>>26100196
>arguably better than Gates
Are you havin a fuckin giggle, m8? How is Gates better than Super other than in story or music(both very subjective)?

>probably not better than Explorers
This I can agree with. Explorers is a great game, and a very different game, it's hard to compare the two

>or Rescue
lmao
Rescue is super broken. The only challenging parts are Articuno, Magma Cavern, and Sky Tower. The rest of the game is a total snooze, even when I first played the game I had no trouble because lol smokescreen.
The dungeon enemies are really weak, and the bosses can just be cheesed except for Articuno due to Powder Snow bullshit. Once you get to postgame, your stats go up by like 100 points if you eat all your gummis in a Friend Area, and the enemies remain in baby mode.
The story is laughable.
Look at Team Meanies. What are their motivations? World domination? Why? Who fucking knows. Only Gengar is relevant, and only twice in the whole game.
Why was the MC transported to the Pokemon world? "you're the chosen one, I guess, lol" Fucking stupid.
The meteor came out of nowhere, and could completely be resolved by telling Fug two goddamn words: "look up".
Still a fun game, and a great start for the series, but Explorers is just so much better that it's hard to look back on it.

>fun, but pretty darn frustrating at the same time...stupid unpolished frustrating
Could you elaborate with some examples? What's wrong with the challenge Super presents?

>think of Super like Skyward Sword, it makes a bunch of changes to the mechanics that aren't thought out or fixed up very well
What? Skyward Sword, apart from the big focus on story, was pretty similar to the other 3D Zeldas. I don't really understand the comparison here.
Personally, I feel that a lot of the changes serve to increase the challenge and strategy required to win. Could you list some changes you feel weren't "thought out"? I may change my mind here.
>>
>>26101563
RT story is nice, the meteor was kind of foreshadowed by the dreams, the escape part was cool and i guess Team Meanies were kind of a joke (read their name again, "Team Meanies"). Also the transforming into a human thing is only done well in GtI i guess (i have yet to complete super though so i don't really know there)
>>
>>26101693
>RT story is nice
I think "nice" is a good way to describe it. It's comfy, if uneventful.

>the meteor was kind of foreshadowed by the dreams
Which dream? I don't remember this at all.

>the escape part was cool
Couldn't agree more. When I first played the game it was like me and my nigga against the world, it rivals a similar part in Explorers for feels.

>and i guess Team Meanies were kind of a joke
They were as jokey as jokes get. It would've been nice to fight them again, since they're one of the few fights where you're against multiple opponents at the same time.

>also the transforming into a human thing is only done well in GtI i guess (i have yet to complete super though so i don't really know there)
At least they tried to explain it in the subsequent games. It wouldn't bug me so much if half of the plot wasn't "why am I a Pokemon?". Like, the characters care about this plot point, but the writers couldn't give less of a shit. There's some weird dissonance there.
>>
>>26065067
Finally art that depicts my Hero + Partner couple (Mudkip + Chespin).
>>
>>26101852
i guess it would be a weird investment trying to put more effort into the "why am i a pokemon" plot, cause some players (like me) don't care and already just expect it in a pmd game by now, and never really cared in the first place, but other players ARE really interested and feel like it would add more to the story

i bought pmd in the first place because i really wanted a game where i could be a pokemon, and i like dungeon crawlers, so I'm already onboard from the start

incidentally, i don't want a game where the mc fixes the pokemonification. I suppose you could do it in gates, but it just acts like a game over and jumps back to the start of the dungeon. "fixing the problem" isn't really what i want out of a pmd game
>>
>>26102537
But anon gti made it perfect actually since it's "you get back here when you load your save"
>>
>>26102702
oh, i meant when you say "no" in the thing

did you know you're allowed to do that

i couldnt do it but i saw it on youtube
>>
>>26102714
Yep, I was saying in case you choose yes.
Are spoilers not working?
>>
"test"
I guess I'm just being retarded?
>>
>>26102728
I didn't know spoilers between quotes don't work. Oh well.
>>
Is the companion as lovely if you chose it to be male? I can't imagine my sweet princess Piplup being a boy.
>>
>>26102537
I hear ya. The question of how the MC was brought into the world is kind of uninteresting to some, so it shouldn't be the main focus of the story if they're going for a wider audience. My issue is that even the players who are interested get cheated out of an explanation by a "chosen one" plot that really just comes out of nowhere.
And the way things are in PMD, it doesn't really make sense for the MC to want to go back to the human world. Who wouldn't want to live in a comfy Pokemon world if they had no reservations about leaving the regular world?
It might be interesting to see a MC who isn't a stand-in for the player and wants to return to Earth no matter what. Like, maybe he kept his memories of his old life, and hates Pokemon for some reason. Of course, by the end of the game, he would change his mind and have his heart ripped to pieces when he has to leave anyway. But I don't think that Chunsoft should stray this far from the formula.
>>
>>26102780
Yeah, the option of gender is purely for your own purposes. It doesn't actually change anything.
>>
>>26102787
>And the way things are in PMD, it doesn't really make sense for the MC to want to go back to the human world. Who wouldn't want to live in a comfy Pokemon world if they had no reservations about leaving the regular world?
Apparently some people like their life and would be shocked by not being able to go back.
>>
>>26102787
>the formula
it's
>become a pokemon
>be friend with another pokemon
>lol run
>hey now were on top of a t- oh bye i guess
>hey you're back how cool
>>
>>26102927
Did you miss this line?
>if they had no reservations
Why would you go back to being a human if you have no memories and would be leaving your best friend alone in Pokeworld?
>>
>>26103110
Right. Sorry
>>
>>26102787
>I don't think that Chunsoft should stray this far from the formula.
This upsets me greatly. I hope PMD doesn't become like the mainline games and start having a set structure. I think the next game is their chance to prove that they don't have to do Explorers again to make a good game.
>>
>>26104820
I don't think PMD will ever have an incredibly rigid structure like the main series. Story is such a huge part of the game that if they fucked it too hard, it would just not work as a game, so this flexibility is key. I trust Chunsoft not to fuck up in this way because they are not Game Freak. With its current structure, there's plenty of room for great stories, anyway.
I'm just worried that we might get something bad if there's too much experimentation. The only reason I want around the same amount of structure is because I've consistenty enjoyed the stories we've seen so far(even though RT's could use some work). Of course, I don't want the series to turn into NES Mega Man, either(preferably not die like Mega Man as well).
I think this fear stems from the way Nintendo has handled Paper Mario. SPM sold so well, and that survey they conducted reported(falsely) that the fans were not interested in story. In the end, well, we got Sticker Star and Color Splash. I recognize that this is a totally different situation, but I still have similar worries.

But I suppose that changing up the formula once in a while would be healthy, as long as we can continue to trust Chunsoft to make good games. I have faith that Chunsoft will be able to do so, as long as they're given enough time.
>>
drifblim is gay. drifblim sucks all day. drifblim is not cool. drifblim is for fools. drifblim is for nerds. drifblim is a turd. drifblim sucks. drifblim is for ducks. drifblim needs to stop getting smaller. drifblim is not a baller. drifblim is dumb. drifblim is for chumps. fuck drifblim.
>>
>>26105982
>Dungeon Enemy posts on /pmdg/
>>
File: 1444669495323.gif (440 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1444669495323.gif
440 KB, 186x186
>final boss isn't a legendary or even a mon
STOP THIS!!! REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

or so i've assumed
>>
>>26106209
Get out of here before you get spoiled you dumb frog poster.
>>
>>26106209
I liked the void blobs and I wouldn't mind having to fight more non-pokemon enemies in the next PMD games.

Those ancient dungeons are supposed to have more traps and other dangers than static floor traps and the local pokemon population, anyway
>>
Reminder that females are better for level 1 dungeons due to a very slight evasion boost
>>
>>26107428
Do we have any source for that, aside from that one picture? Like, has anyone actually looked into the code and found it?
>>
File: cheesy.gif (1 MB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
cheesy.gif
1 MB, 540x540
https://soundcloud.com/lotias/great-glacier-draft
another draft that nobody's going to pay attention to
>>
>>26102787
>The question of how the MC was brought into the world is kind of uninteresting to some, so it shouldn't be the main focus of the story if they're going for a wider audience.
I found the partner to be the more troublesome part of the formula. In any game except Gates, his motivation is just being an explorer, which we were already doing in the core gameplay. It's as vanilla as goals and motivations get. It's like the stop Team Whatever and the Gyms. Stopping Team X might be just as formulaic as the gyms, but at least, unlike the gyms, it feels as though something significant is happening. As for the 'why am I here' thing, it's usually the only source of intrigue in the first third of the plot, and while it's predictable, it's something that's not just slopping around.
>And the way things are in PMD, it doesn't really make sense for the MC to want to go back to the human world.
It makes some sense in Gates, but that was because it was the only game where MC didn't get amnesia
>It might be interesting to see a MC who isn't a stand-in for the player and wants to return to Earth no matter what. Like, maybe he kept his memories of his old life, and hates Pokemon for some reason.
The main character if my PMD fanfic is like this, except he's more afraid of pokemon instead of hating them.
>I don't think that Chunsoft should stray this far from the formula.
As I alluded to before, I'd like to see the main character dynamic shift slightly. Maybe two partners to form a trio of leads? It avoided the problem Super ran into, which was too much focus on a single character to the point where I just got sick of them. Maybe even no partner and have more of an ensemble cast instead.
>>
>>26107579
im biased and don't like covers but it sounds pretty nice
>>
>>26107625
>Maybe two partners to form a trio of leads?
From a story perspective, I like this. From a gameplay perspective, it might get a bit tricky. Pretty quickly, the party size increases to around 4-5, which can get frustrating when a faraway AI partner thinks it can take on tough enemies by itself, and you can't change its behaviour. Super's solution to this was to just make all the partner characters OP(as well as the wonderful changes to their general behaviour), which feels a little bit like a "duct tape" solution to me.

>Maybe even no partner and have more of an ensemble cast instead.
I could see this being good. The writer(I assume they kept the same writer?) has improved or has been given more freedom since RT and Explorers.

In Explorers:
Wigglytuff and Chatot both have strong personalities.
Sunflora and Loudred are not very developed.
Bidoof is a bit more developed than the others, but not by much.
Corphish, Dugtrio, Diglett, Croagunk, and Chimecho have almost no personality.
Overall, not very good. The special episodes in Sky help a little. Of course, the main focus of the game is on the MC, the partner, and Grovyle, so I don't fault the game too much for having characters like Corphish.

In Super:
The school kids and adults all have a good amount of character and charm.
Ampharos, Dedenne, Buizel, Archen, Mawile, Jirachi have varying amounts of characterization, but I'd say they're acceptable for the amount of screentime they get.
Swirlix is just "lol she eats a lot".
Bunnelby barely speaks and if you asked me to describe his personality I could not give you a single trait.
Overall, the characters that are important to the plot are good enough that I feel an ensemble cast could work.
>>
>>26107918
I think Gates veered in the direction of an ensemble cast, having less side characters, but giving each one a bigger role, and even some development for them, mostly with Dunsparce, Emolga and Virizion.

I was really hoping they were going to do that with the school kids in Super since they had personalities that bounced well of each other. Sadly, they all vanished from the story entirely aside from Espurr.

It's hard to think of who's a worse character. Bunnelby might be completely vanilla, but he did something at least. Swirlix was a one-joke character, and it wasn't even a good joke. That and she's the only one to never be a guest star in the entire society, and she seemed to be a flat out millstone for them.
>>
>tfw poor and don't have the money to buy SMD

Kill me.
>>
>>26107965
The game isn't going anywhere. Keep looking forward to it(and don't spoil yourself), and when you finally play it, the game will be that much better.
>>
>>26107579
i'd like to listen to it (i generally do when i happen to find someone making music or something) and comment but i'm too lazy to install flash (why hasn't soundcloud changed this already? i can't even find a download button) and i don't think i would be able to say anything worth it
>>
>>26107965
pirate it and buy it when you have money, if that doesn't take away the motivation of buying it
>>
>>26107579
I pay attention to it all the time
>>
File: 1426117784607.jpg (38 KB, 495x398) Image search: [Google]
1426117784607.jpg
38 KB, 495x398
>>26107579
Pretty good for a draft. Something about the part after 1:22 sounds a little empty, but what the shit do I know about music. Also the instruments you chose to arrange with makes the part right after that sound suspiciously like a variation of His Theme. Feel free to shoot me for the slightest mention of Undertale.

And I do pay attention, I just don't find my comments worth posting.
>>
>>26101693
>>26101852
Can confirm myself that the meteor never comes up in the dreams right until the end. Gardevoir just spends most of the time going on about "muh role" and cheering you on. It's a big stretch to say that the meteor was hinted at well when it's never explicitly mentioned.

>tfw I stopped after Groudon and haven't played since
>>
>>26108864
Well i meant indirectly. i think it's enough desu
>>
>>26107573
personal experience, really. It's one reason Forewarn Smoochum was considered to be the best choice by many for the longest time.

That one pic's in the official book though, so i'm inclined to believe it.
>>
>dead general
>>
>>26110553
it's still daytime, give people time to get home
>>
>>26110553
Better being slow than being shitty. I'd even say the slower the better.
>>
Looks like even Gardevoir's been reading the threadly reminders.

>>26110672
>the slower the better
I kind of liked how fast the threads were when everyone was doing Sky playthroughs. Dunno what everyone else thought, but I enjoyed watching every single one, even Espanon's. But I can see how a ton of them can be bad for the general by flooding it or derailing it into something else entirely. Like Espanon.

>>26110582
I know, I was exaggerating a bit to stealth-bump the thread from page 8.
>>
>>26110826
>I kind of liked how fast the threads were when everyone was doing Sky playthroughs
I've been toying around with the idea of doing a run with the most broken duo i can think of, but i dunno.
>>
>>26110826
I enjoyed that too. And the Espanon stuff wasn't that bad actually, it was really kind of like a fanfic built around people here playing the game, it was kind of nice in a way.

>>26110853
I'd be interested in it
I'd also like to see more randomized playthroughs since it would make them more varied, so maybe consider that (except for the Pokémon of course)
>>
File: relic fragment 7272.gif (786 B, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
relic fragment 7272.gif
786 B, 72x72
>>26110826
I kind of wish I had joined in on the fun myself, but the problem is I love Sky so much that I'd probably end up gushing and being phenomenally stupid for nearly every dungeon and cutscene, and of course that wouldn't be good. Instead I've just settled for bumping the thread when it's near death.
>>
>>26111020
>but the problem is I love Sky so much that I'd probably end up gushing and being phenomenally stupid for nearly every dungeon and cutscene
That sounds adorable
You should do it
>>
>>26108154
How the hell does pirating a 3DS game work. I didn't even think we were doing good on DS emulation.
>>
>>26111049
Softmod. The DS used flashcards instead.
Just follow this tutorial: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
it's better if you're at 10.5 or under, but still possible regardless
>>
>>26111049
ds emulation's come a long way, but you'd have to hack your 3ds to pirate a 3ds game
>>
This seems like the most appropriate place to ask this.

So I enjoyed the Blue Rescue Team back in the day, but haven't played any other Mystery Dungeon games. How does Super Mystery Dungeon compare to the original? Is it worth getting?
>>
>>26111114
Yes, it's pretty good. Play Explorers of Sky as well.
>>
Interpret this image however you want. As much as I say that I hated the Espanon saga, it was actually pretty amusing.

>>26110853
No Drifblim, no watch. Just kidding, I'd watch it anyway.

>>26111020
I wish I COULD join in on the fun, period. Shit PC means that the best I can do is play through Red and poke fun at the babby-tier story. Nothing's really stopping you from playing except yourself. And seeing a different perspective of the game is always fun.

>>26111114
SMD improves upon Blue a ton, gameplaywise and storywise. If you play for 100% completion it's a blast, and if you're playing for the story then it's OK.
>>
>>26111153
s-stop offending rt story your making it cry
Have you tried to mess around with all of the emulators anyway? Maybe there's still some hope i guess maybe i don't actually know
>>
>>26065750
In retrospect, the characters from the first part "vanishing" is very realistic and I could fully connect with the idea, as I experienced it myself.

Have you ever moved out from your hometown to a far away place? All those friends and acquaintances that were an intrinsic part of everyday life are suddenly gone. At first you might keep in touch, but then you grow apart and never hear from most of them ever again. You meet new people, make new friends, it's a new life. You forget about what was, and focus on what is.

But who will you never forget? Your closest family. In PSMD, both the protagonist and partner's first thoughts when something goes awry is to their parent figure (Carracosta and Nuzleaf, respectively).

Espurr is the exception. But again, it's entirely possible to meet that person you knew from primary school again by chance.

PSMD is a coming-of-age story of the partner Pokémon.
>>
>>26111190
>open up DeSmuME to take a screenshot in order to prove a point
>computer crunches to a halt for a good 10 minutes
Yeah, there's no way I'm playing Sky without some serious framerate drops and audio stuttering. I love the game, but not so much that I want to suffer through that for 100+ hours.

and I will bully as I please
>>
>>26111498
what the fuck are you running, a smart phone in a desktop case?
>>
So I got Super very recently, and holy shit, I was not prepared. I'm used to PMD being somewhat of a challenge compared to main-series RPGs, but I'm only on Polywrath River and my anus is being sundered so hard by basically everything. Heliolisks are wiping my duo in a single turn with Razor Wind, and we barely got a shot off at the Polywrath boss before being annihilated. Did I fuck up my team selection (Torchic + Snivy, as I've always thought fire main + grass partner, as grass can deal with all of fire's weaknesses), or should I just start over and take everything slower to get more XP? Is there a way I've missed to grind the earlier dungeons at this stage?

Thanks for any advice.
>>
>>26111729
I T E M S
T
E
M
S
>>
>>26111729
Use more items. Levels don't mean anything in terms of stats, the gains are not worth the grind.
>>
>>26111729
Have you been using items? You should find a bunch of wands in dungeons.
>>
>>26111752
>>26111750
>>26111746

I've been using the wands that I can find, but most of them seem to be some variation on 'postpone having to deal with X large problem' (by making it sleep/confusing it/teleporting it somewhere else), which is useful but not game-changing in the long run. Looplets are great and basically the only reason I can survive more than a couple of floors, but they still don't seem like enough.
>>
>>26111793
If you have orbs, save them for boss fights.
Use wands to temporarily incapacitate enemies and gang up on them with alliances.
>>
>>26111793
Stayaway/Petrify Wands are the best for dealing with enemies like Heliolisk. As long as you don't touch them again, they stay out of your way. If you need to get rid of them, try Blast Seeds, if you found any of those. They deal 100 damage in Super.

Also, don't forget about Alliance!
>>
>>26111818
>>26111834
Alliance is the feature I keep forgetting about. On the one hand, it seems like a pretty good edge (and probably better balanced than the orgy of Linking that was the previous PMD), but on the other hand, PP is enough of a problem anyway with the horrifically nerfed A button. I guess I'll just keep trying until something clicks and I get gud.
>>
Wow, I thought that other Anon was kidding about the Rayquaza scene being resolved with HEY JUST LOOK UP, but there it is.

>>26111540
It really feels that way.
>>
R.I.P. in pieces.
Oh, and the MC too.
>>
>>26111870
That's literally what it is and I don't understand people who say the last two final bosses were worse than that and Dialga's edgy recolor
>>
>>26111729
>torchic

Yes, you did

t. torchic MC, try and get a flamethrower tm if you can in the future of you'll have a bad time
>>
>>26111153
>Attract
>Ice dungeon
Anon what time period is this?
Perhaps.... The Absol sees the danger of this one TM... burn it
wait.. oh nevermind, you have Absol... the original TM was in Frosty Forest, which is before getting Absol, probably nothing to worry about
I've been here ever since it first came to be, and this train wreck was a glorious one
>>
>>26112823
>check archives
>Eevee found TM with Absol by her side
ok yeah, burn it
wait.... then that means that Espanon's Biography had that mistake..... might want to fix that...
>>
>>26112882
so then..... Eevee met Absol BEFORE being corrupted by Attract..... is that good? I think it makes their relationship more genuine at least

I know this will end soon enough, eventually it will die down, and be nothing more than a legend
still won't stop the PTSD though
>>
>>26112226
Hey now, you better not be lumping edgy Dialga together with that lazy space dragon. His fight's set up and resolved better than that.

Probably going to stop here for now. It was pretty cool playing through RRT's story again, and next up is the postgame I've never touched before. To be continued... whenever.
>>
>>26112991
>but hey i'll just wait a bunch of months for no reason, if nintendo of europe can i guess i can too
>>
>>26112882
So I was just away doing my job, takes me a while, few hours
Come back, there's a big mistake in my writing, what's up?
>>
>>26113768
here, I fixed it, hope you guys are happy, actually took me some time to get it right and fit in
http://pastebin.com/8hMbQgfu
>>
>>26112226
Primal Dialga wasn't even mentioned once after leaving the dark future. I completely forgot about him until he appeared at the last second as the final boss. By contrast, Bittercold and Dark Matter were referenced heavily for the last third or so, building some big hype for the final battle against something that you didn't know what they were capable of.
>>
>>26114390
That's because he was introduced and you were shown his basic capabilities in the dark future itself. If anything, the fact that you had to fight him was a fluke because you took so long to get to the tower in the first place. That's why he comes out of nowhere like that.

(That of course brings up the age-old issue of "why didn't we travel further back in time to give ourselves some cushion", but I digress)

Besides, can you really say hype was built up about BC or DM when they're bad ideas from the word "go"? I mean, sure, they feel like they don't belong in a Pokemon game, but they feel like that in absolutely the wrong way. They're such generic RPG fodder that they stand out for how generic and uninteresting they are.
>>
>>26114533
I think they were good ideas and definitely better than just "lol look up" and "if i'm angry i turn red"
>>
File: 1461064037485.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461064037485.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
Kinda random, but you guys remember in SMD when you do the school dungeons and you're given a bunch of items to use in them? I thought they would only be used for those dungeons, but I was surprised to see everything I didn't use get put into the deposit box. I wish you didn't get to keep all those items, I think that huge amount of items so early on made the game a lot easier overall. I only started getting somewhat low on items near the end of the game.

Oh, and can we all agree that the Yveltal and Nipples fight was the hardest?
>>
>>26114614
"lol look up" and "if time is literally breaking apart i lose my mind" aren't any worse than "Zeromus" and "Zeromus except it can talk". If I wanted something straight out of Final Fantasy or some crap like that, I'd play a Final Fantasy. If I'm playing a Pokemon game, the villain needs to be a Pokemon. That's why non-Pokemon fights are always few and far-between or well-justified in the other games, like the mechas in XD and the Pokestar Studios.
>>
File: why not.jpg (88 KB, 639x576) Image search: [Google]
why not.jpg
88 KB, 639x576
>>26114770
Not him, but I hate legendary Pokemon in general and to me they feel like they exist for the sole purpose of filling boss roles in games (mainline and spinoffs etc). Because of this I will always find non-Pokemon enemies more interesting than the obligatory big bad legendary.
>>
>>26115114
For me that's exactly why I like them in PMD, though. You're totally right in that they pretty much exist as boss fodder for the main series, but PMD is the place where a few of them can get fleshed out so they can be more than that. I mean, that goes for most Pokemon in general (how many people like Bidoof because of Explorers?), but for legendaries it's even more important.

It's part of why I like that they went with Dialga specifically as an antagonist, rather than picking, say, Giratina. Darkrai also benefits because he got to be a straight-up villain instead of his unintentional badguyness in the games and anime. And it's why I'm torn on picks like Kyurem and Yveltal, since they're so obvious, but they still benefit at the same time. Well, Yveltal only kind of does, since Dark Matter ruins that whole twist.
>>
File: fogbound lake.jpg (464 KB, 900x1674) Image search: [Google]
fogbound lake.jpg
464 KB, 900x1674
>>
>>26116161
sauce?
>>
>>26116262
http://www.deviantart.com/art/FogBound-Lake-141861520
>>
Do your moves stay leveled in lvl1/5 dungeons (SMD)?
>>
>>26117809
Nope, if only
>>
Hey look, it's the current state of the /vp/ catalog.
S&M news when, this board is tearing itself apart over the lack of it.
>>
>>26115482
The main problem with that is that with the exception of Darkrai, they never wrote a remotely good legendary villain, and Darkrai only gets by through being an effective hate sink.

Unless they can write a legitimately good villain, then I'd take my strange out of place entity any day over Yveltal or some other generic evil looking legendary since at least they have unknown elements to them. Right from the announcement vid for gen 6, it was obvious Yveltal was going to be a villain in an upcoming 6th gen PMD game, and by the time I played the games, I knew everything that it was capable of - it's a giant bacon bird that shoots death lasers, nothing any other mascot legendary can't stand up to.
>>
>>26114627
The game give you too many good items anyway, but I agree. Revivers in particular are much too cheap.

I got pretty lucky on that fight. First I used a Totter Orb to get rid of everyone except Big Bird. Then, I managed to position my team so that they were on the right side of the bird and I was directly below him. Big Bird always targeted me for some reason, and I would just heal every time he hit me. If he had gone for those big, multi-target attacks, I would've died a lot more.
I don't remember the fight too well because I had more issues with other fights, like Entei 1.
The fight I died the most on was the final boss. I brought in awful items, and didn't search for emeras on the way up to him. Barely any oran, no heal seeds, too many apples, too many elixirs, too many orbs, too many wands. I brought in 16 Revivers, which just clogged up my inventory too much to bring in the stuff that mattered. At least I brought in Pounce Wands.
>>
I just got the Water Looplet. Should I spend all my gold bars on vitamins? Which vitamins should I get? My character is a special attacker, so I won't be getting any protein.

For reference, I have:
50 revivers. I don't think I'll need any more.
3000P. I could use some more, in case something expensive shows up in the shop. The only issue is that I know a better way to get money(Super Apple Forest), so it would be wasteful to use my gold bars on money and not on stats.
26 gold bars.

I think I'll spend like this:
6 on money, bringing me up to 6000P.
15 on stats, spread evenly, but none on physical attack.
5 to keep, just in case.

I also have a question about Pokemon going on break. I know that they'll go on break less if you're a high level. Does this mean just the main character, or does the partner have to be a high level as well? I don't want to have to split my vitamins between two characters.
>>
>>26119028
Sounds alright. I personally wouldn't use any on money. As you say, there are better methods.

Consider buying the Excavation Looplet for 10 bars at some point. It can help you get more gold bars, vitamins, sitrus berries, and joy seeds if you keep it equipped.

Give your offense priority when using vitamins. Enemies will get more and more HP and beating them quickly will probably result in you taking less damage than you would by boosting your defenses.

No idea as to breaks. It shouldn't matter either way because you and your partner should be levelling up at the same rate regardless of whether you use them or not.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.