[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PTCG/O General: Best Mewtwo Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: 2423423423423.jpg (314 KB, 324x450) Image search: [Google]
2423423423423.jpg
314 KB, 324x450
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW (embed) (embed)

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. For example, Top Cut Trading inc
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/
provides an approximation.

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
No one wants them

OLD

>>26030839

TOTT: which FC FA card looks the best?
>>
>>26042782
>TOTT
Team Rocket, obviously.
>>
>>26042782
reboastin

ToTT: SR Alakazam, or TR Handiwork because hnnng that skirt.
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1100x6940) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1100x6940
>>26042917
forget image lel
>>
File: 20160423_152710.jpg (2 MB, 3228x2320) Image search: [Google]
20160423_152710.jpg
2 MB, 3228x2320
crazy mail day.

selling the mewtwo gold star + lv. x's and the lugia if anyone wants 2 buy
>>
>>26042949
How much did the Lugia cost?
>>
got a pokekyun booster box and it came with the whole set expect full art pikachu, which i already had. looks so good
>>
Is the code redemption still down?
>>
>>26039210
How do I renew these codes if the code renewal is down?
>>
>>26043268
You don't.
>>
>>26043268
hey baka senpai, if you'd read the thread (because I only just woke up and got excited about it too) then you'd realise that you can't.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (319 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
319 KB, 1600x1200
>>26043179
$15 on ebay, it's got some creases on the top though.
>>
File: 1439859307837.jpg (770 KB, 2824x2721) Image search: [Google]
1439859307837.jpg
770 KB, 2824x2721
>>26042935
>15/35/10
>not 20/20/20
>>
File: prerelease1.jpg (570 KB, 1250x937) Image search: [Google]
prerelease1.jpg
570 KB, 1250x937
Went 3-0, but the guy I beat pulled the FA Mega Alakazam out of his packs. I saw at least 5 of those today out of the boxes.

Then I went to Wal-Mart and they had those 25 dollar mystery boxes marked incorrectly as 12.98, got one and pulled a FA Heracross and Venusaur, pretty good.
>>
>>26043317
>20/20/20
>not 5/55/0
/WAILORD/
>>
>>26043336
the holo pattern is so boring
>>
File: 1457922775460.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1457922775460.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>the one day you decide to go to bed early is the one day everyone got a billion free packs
>>
>>26043602
How are people doing this and is it still a thing?
>>
>>26042782
>TOTT: which FC FA card looks the best?

Tie between Rocket and SR Alakazam
>>
>>26042935
>>26043317

You're both idiots

>>26043431

This guy sorta gets it.

Decks are not concrete in how they're built. You can run Wailord with no energy or decks like Plasma with 14 energy.
>>
>>26043532
Yeah, I like BW's stripes a lot more. The solid reverse holo is better than the type design as well.
>>
>>26043336
Also worth noting the code cards are the same as BP, holos and above get the light one, non holos get the thick one.
>>
>>26043734
I'm actually both >>26043431 ad the person that wrote >>26042935 - obviously those numbers in the FAQ are not concrete by any means, but it is the general rule of thumb.
>>
>>26042935
>EX pokemon are overpowered and the mechanic itself discourages any sort of creative deckbuilding
>false
But it is true.

1) Look at championship top 16 from before and after EX. We had a bunch of decks that went to the finals with 20 pokemons, and more than 4 pokemon lines.

2) EX pokemon are basically Legend pokemon without the restriction of having both pieces to work.

3) When EX were introduced, MewtwoEX warped the entire meta to variations of MewtwoEX.

I'm not saying that EX is bad, in fact, I like some of them and I think most people does too, also, they don't interfere much in being diverse as in different decks reach top8(at least in 2015), but they considerably reduced the pokemon space size of the decks, and that was to be expected, since you need more support from trainers to feed your larger powerhouse.
>>
>>26043336
Whats in the 22 card deck?
>>
>When your opponent wins cuz he top decked fucking POKEMON CENTER LADY to cure his paralysis
>>
>>26044181
Lets not forget all EX art is edgy as fuck. I like pokemon cards for their interesting art, there is literally not a single good looking ex card.
>>
same newfag as yesterday that was asking about code redemption

i was able to get a few packs in yesterday and i got trevenant break from a free break pack, sadly it's trade locked. i was lucky enough to get a FA Mew EX from a pack along with a FA korrina and TTar EX

i'm currently building a kinda cheap deck that runs off a yveltal EX and mew EX, any suggestions? I have gallade, miltank, and sableye
>>
>>26044016
You are the person who wrote that? I think you should change that Raichu vs Glalie comparison. Some points:
>EX are stronger than their nonEX counterparts
You showed both BKT pokemons, said that the nonEX was weaker and the presented a stronger nonEX pokemon from a difference set, completely ignoring the point of the counterparts. Just compare it to something like Haxorus, that can easily use its stronger attack for a single DDE.

>XY Raichu
You also said that raichu could beat GlalieEX, if it had support from 12 different cards, it is not a very strong argument against the power of EX pokemons.
>>
I find it funny that Raichou gets so much love in TCG, but in the games and anime they avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>26044299
except for almost all of the full art cards.
>>
>>26044299
Generations EX pokemon had some cool looking ones. I like the eeveelutions, in special I think Vaporeon looks really cool in its EX art. And also the Radiant ones, FlareonEX FA is very cute.
I also think that both SR FA MewtwoEX looked good.

The problem with 5ban is not only that they make it in 3d, but they want to make their pokemons look mean and edgy. I mean, most of the Half-Arts pokemons looked really cool.
>>
File: 10_9039392.jpg (78 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
10_9039392.jpg
78 KB, 301x301
>tfw pulled a holo Octillery in a physical BreakThrough pack

Is this card worth anything?
>>
>>26044307
just play theme until your cards are less dogshit, jesus christ.
>>
>>26044400
yes, it's very good, but still not shaymin-tier.
>>
>>26044382
Oh yeah, I forgot about the eeveeloutions, those are cool. I am just not a very edgy person so they annoy me. I find the half arts tend to be edgier
>>
>>26042949
I would buy that Mewtwo if it wasn't jap-moon
>>
why do holos look like such shit these days?
>>
>>26044181
>>26044315
Since both of these posts seem to gloss over my actual point - that what makes a card good or not is its power, not whether it's an EX - I'm going to go ahead and gloss over your points and reiterate mine.

EX Pokemon are powerful. They truly and genuinely are. High HP, no evolving necessary, strong attacks. They raised the bar for your average card to compete.

So what did PCL do? They made non-EX Pokemon reach that bar and then, in a lot of cases, jump over that bar. Subtracting out M Manectric, Seismitoad and Giratina and you're left with a meta dominated exclusively by non-EX Pokemon.

Now, you can say it was stupid for PCL to ever raise that bar with EX Pokemon like Mewtwo in the first place. But, the point is, in this current meta, EX Pokemon are more of a liability than anything. Games were won and lost during States because someone put a Shaymin on the bench and it got Lysandre'd (and with Target Whistle, multiple times).

The reason why I included this in the FAQ is because people go from theme to standard and want to build decks around bad non-EX Pokemon, then get eviscerated by some random shit lord who was running an amalgamation of random EX's. So instead of blaming their own deck for being filled with garbage, they just throw their hands in the air and cry "EX's are unfair!"

Even though NM, Vespi, Trev, Yveltal, etc would have all eviscerated their deck anyway.
>>
>>26044419
i literally switched out some cards from the mind theme deck so that's what i'm playing rn
>>
File: 1439081320617.jpg (12 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1439081320617.jpg
12 KB, 238x357
>>26042949

>Jap cards

get that shit outta here, weeb
>>
>>26044400
Really good for Greninja Break decks.
Ive been trying to get one for a while. Opened 2 in TCGO.
>>
File: 20151012_234258~2~2.jpg (33 KB, 390x258) Image search: [Google]
20151012_234258~2~2.jpg
33 KB, 390x258
>My fav Pokemon is Mewtwo,Gengar, and Machamp.
>All they're EX cards suck

Why do I even live.
>>
File: who.jpg (23 KB, 318x374) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
23 KB, 318x374
>>26044620
>There will never be a Misty FA card
Lets make a suicide pact together
>>
>>26044620

Hello Genwunner.
>>
>>26044620
mewtwo and gengar have playable decks at least.
>>
>challenge line goes from Expanded to Legacy

Why?
>>
>>26044670
"Playable" in the sense that yeah, you could build a deck with it in it. Will it do well? Well, M Mewtwo decks can do okay against decks that aren't NM but Gengar is pretty screwed.
>>
>>26044719
Gengar had that dark corridor deck that was popular a while ago, that could still work.
>>
File: 10_219840984.png (124 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
10_219840984.png
124 KB, 645x773
>just a collector
>pull a M Charizard the other weekend
>have no motivation to buy anymore Generations shit
>>
>>26044735
Too many dark decks running around. But at least Trevenant is still good without Gengar EX.
>>
>The TCG got that hideous e-reader layout back in 2002 just for this shit
www.youtube.com/watch?v=clV_JkHcMEk
BRAVO NINTENDO
>>
File: ex.png (384 KB, 1840x1704) Image search: [Google]
ex.png
384 KB, 1840x1704
>>26044181
>1) Look at championship top 16 from before and after EX. We had a bunch of decks that went to the finals with 20 pokemons, and more than 4 pokemon lines.
Okay. Let's.

I'm autistic so I spent five minutes putting this picture for you. All decks are decks that TOPPED at WORLDS, so these aren't lists I pulled out my ass. These decks were literally good enough to place at the yearly world tournament.

And while EX Pokemon have had an impact on the meta, so have every other "gimmick" mechanic they've introduced. You're no different from the people complaining about Dark Pokemon in 2005, or Lv X Pokemon in 2009, or SP Pokemon in 2010, or Big Basics in 2011. The only difference is that PLi has chosen to push EX Pokemon for four years straight instead of putting in a new FOTM. I bet you'll be complaining about BREAK Pokemon in a year or two when decks like Greninja or Trev or whatever's new starts phasing out EX like it already is.

And the way decks are built has not changed. Back then you still had one primary attacker, a slew of support Pokemon, sometimes a few secondary attackers, then a shitload of trainers and under 12 energies, just like today. The only thing that's different is the big "EX" label on some cards.
>>
>>26044864
>break pokemon phasing out EX

Things that won't happen
>>
>>26044927
It would be cool tho. The next step in the tcg.
>>
>>26044927
Well, it already is. Trev and Greninja are Tier 1 and Tier 2 respectively. Yveltal decks, which are Tier 1, are teching in Zoroark BREAKs to win States.

Meanwhile, the only EX decks that are Tier 3 or higher are Mane, Toad, and Fug. Everything else in the meta are non-EX Pokemon. Not counting Shaymin, of course.

Maybe BREAKs won't phase out EX personally, but they're definitely contributing, and EX Pokemon definitely have a foot out the door. And Fates Collide doesn't look like it's changing that.
>>
Greninja isn't tier 1 and Trev auto loses to dark decks which are popular
>>
>>26044970
Not that anon but I think Night March has more to do with the decline of EX's than BREAK's. When you have non-EX's landing OHKO's on EX's you'll start to see a decline. But BREAK's aren't those non-EX's, Joltik, Pumpkaboo and Vespiquen are.

Trev BREAK and Greninja BREAK are only popular in the meta right now because they're great NM counters. Remove NM and they become much less powerful. I'll give you Zoroark BREAK, there's really no reason not to run it, it's pretty good.
>>
>>26045060
Greninja is tier 2 which is what >>26044970 said and no, dark isn't auto-loss. It's titled to dark's favor, but it's not auto-loss.
>>
>>26045060
If you meant to reply to >>26044970, then no one said Greninja was Tier 1. "Respectively" would imply that it was Tier 2. And losing to the one Dark deck of the format (Yveltal, which nowadays isn't even running Yveltal EX in some builds) doesn't magically change tournament results.

Either way, the point is that only 3 out of 9 Tier 3+ decks use EX Pokemon. Meanwhile, 2 out of 9 use Break Pokemon, and a third techs one. And 3 of those Break decks have a higher WR than 2 of the EX decks.

Break Pokemon are definitely viable and are doing better than EX Pokemon.
>>
Can someone explain to me what's so good about Zoroark BKT's ability?
>>
>>26045110
>doing better than EX
>3 top decks use EX and 2 use break

I wouldn't call that better

Additionally break pokemon need more support than EX so they will always be worse. Greninja break line completely relies on frogadiers ability and the only reason Trev break isn't shit is become the item lock ability of XY trev. Without that he will see zero play
>>
>>26045160
>put a float stone on it
>free switch every turn
>>
>>26045160
Are you fucking kidding me

"I don't want this Pokemon active anymore but I don't have free retreat or float stone or switch"
How often does this happen? I would wager at least twice a game.
>>
>>26045068
>Trev BREAK and Greninja BREAK are only popular in the meta right now because they're great NM counters.
I agree with most of what you said except this. If we look back to last year's States results, we'll see Trevenant in Tier 1 as well. And this was without the Break, meaning you were sitting on a 110 HP Stage 1.
Even without NM, Trevenant would still be a driving force in the meta, maybe even better than it did before the rotation.

Either way, my main point was that EX Pokemon are in decline, and PLI is clearly trying to push BREAKs as their next step. Even if BREAKs stop performing, it's safe to say EXs won't bounce back if things stay as-are.

>>26045178
They're literally higher on the tier list, with more wins and a higher meta share. I would say that's objectively better. I'm including Zoroark techs in Yveltal when I say this.
>>
>>26045160
If you attach a float stone to it you can retreat to your entire team for free every turn

Also you can force out switches and cure statuses from things like sleep and para

Same reason Keldeo-EX is used a lot
>>
File: 1457897076057.jpg (45 KB, 522x464) Image search: [Google]
1457897076057.jpg
45 KB, 522x464
>get Ash-Greninja box for free
>pull a Sceptile EX and Octillery holo out of it

Damn! this made my weekend. hope yours are going well!
>>
>>26045197
I didn't suggest that Trev itself isn't good without NM, but that's because Trev is a great card. Trev BREAK is more mediocre.
>>
>>26045197
In what world do you see EX's being used less?
>>
>>26045232
Compared to last year, the one we're living in right now.
>>
>>26045232
A world where everyone and their mothers are playing NM
>>
>>26045232
>5 of the 6 best decks of 2015 were EX decks
>3 of the 9 best decks of 2016 are EX decks, and only one of those is in Tier 1
>The current Tier 0 deck isn't EX and is defining the meta
This world.
>>
R tournaments down for anyone else?
>>
>>26044510
I understand your point, but it is just as you said, EX pokemon are strong all around, but it doesn't mean that nonEX pokemon are not as strong, it is just that most of them are not plainly obvious, since most EX pokemon simply hit hard.
I just think you should change your example as it is contradictory with what you say.

>>26044864
I could autistically count them, and I probably will on another day, but I guarantee that if you count the number of pokemons per deck and the amount of different pokemons per deck, for many reasons, you will see that the number in both cases will decline with the introduction of EX pokemon. And I actually think that it is healthier for the game to have more pokemons in both quantity and diversity
>>
>>26044482
>I find the half arts tend to be edgier
Well, after taking a good look at them, they really are in most part, it is just that off the top of my head I could only remeber Altaria, Sableye, Nidoqueen and Gyarados. With only Nidoqueen and Gyarados being "edgy", but even then, Gyarados was really cool with the fisherman thinking "shit".
>>
I like the EX Pokemon in Fates Collide, any speculations on what will be good?
>>
>>26045316
>but I guarantee that if you count the number of pokemons per deck and the amount of different pokemons per deck
Except there's literally two different Worlds-topping decks in the image you quoted running all of two different Pokemon in 2007 and 2011. That former's five years before EX Pokemon were introduced.

And there are two different post-EX decks running six different Pokemon. A 2015 deck (last year!) has EIGHT different Pokemon in it.

Not to mention when you look at the heavier decks like the 2005 Dark Tyranitar or the 2010 Jumpluff one, you find that there's only one attacking Pokemon. Cards like Pidgeot, Dunsparce, Unown, Uxie, and Claydol are Support Pokemon no different from today's similar lineup.

Decks today AND a decade ago had lists with lots of Pokemon and with fewer Pokemon.
>>
>>26045358
Glaceon and Umbreon would be amazing if Pokemon had an Extra Deck. As of right now, they're too situational. Megas are virtually non-existent today and Glaceon won't ever be more than a tech for Greninja or Trevenant, if that.

M Alakazam has the same problems as M Mewtwo, except worse since it's more fragile, has no usable attacks on its base form, and requires a lot more setup in the form of Bats. It might see more play than Mewtwo since spreading damage like that annoys NM, but it won't ever be competitive while NM and Trev are meta.

Genesect is cute but takes too much set up to work. It'll be a fun rogue at best. It's surprisingly one of the deepest cards we've had in a while.

Kingdra is a joke. M Altaria is a shitter Sylveon EX, and the latter barely has competitive viability.

Zygarde has potential since it's Lucario without a crippling weakness and enough HP to survive a standard NM set up, but that might not be enough considering how much time it takes to set up.

Regirock doesn't give enough damage to justify a slot. Maybe it would be good if we were losing Strong Energy, Muscle Band, and Fighting Stadium like we were supposed to, but the reprints invalidate its viability. The best play would be something like Hoopa into three of them, then Strong + Band + Stadium a Zygarde to swing for 110 Turn 1. But then your bench is clogged with bullshit.

M Audino is just barely not a NM counter. If it hit the bench for 60 instead of 50, it would arguably be Tiered. It still might be good against NM since it hits Mew, though.
>>
>>26045219
>get Ash-Greninja box for free
Tell me how you did this.
Or is this a Walmart thing.
>>
>>26045456

i went to my LGS and traded in all the garbage I got from BREAKthrough Booster Box last weekend
>>
>>26045363
You mean the list that you cherrypicked? Because if not, you have a very weird way to choosing which decks to copy and paste, since you chose decks from difference divisions each year, skipped some years and then chose multiple top decks from the same year.
Because for example, Reshiphlosion deck won a Senior Division, while in Masters, the winner deck is Megazone, which consisted of 11 different pokemons with a total of 23 pokemons. And there is also the Swift Empoleon deck that you listed as the deck of 2007, but it didn't even win a tournament, it was the runner-up of the Senior Division, while the actual winner of the Masters Divisiona was Tom Roos with the Legendary Ascent deck, that consisted of 12 different pokemons with a total of 22 pokemons.
>>
>>26045478
It is also worth mentioning that in the same year of 2007, the winner of the Junior Division "Flyvees" had an incredible amount of 13 different pokemon with a total of 26 pokemons in his deck. Almost half his deck were pokemons.
>>
File: expanded.png (1 MB, 1161x745) Image search: [Google]
expanded.png
1 MB, 1161x745
How's this deck for expanded? I copied from someone on the thread a while ago but decided to finish it now because of the challenge. Anything I should change?
>>
>>26045456
>Walmart thing
what's that?
>>
>>26045668
N-never mind
>>
Binder Guy, what's the best binder/pages combo? I have one of the old Wizards Pokemon binders and I have too many cards now
>>
>>26045674
don't tell me its the buy and return thing? I bought Ashninja and Geneations boxes yesterday and both were already opened. Went to a Walmart to return them and the CS rep told me no because they were open and I couldn't prove they were opened before I returned them
>>
>>26045584
I personally like the Maxie's Hidden Ball trick version of Yveltal

Yours looks fine but I'd probably cut the letter for another Lysandre
>>
>>26045702
>don't tell me its the buy and return thing?
No, it's the self check out tick

>Grab a box, but hold a small pack behind it, so it scans for $4.99

Got so many generations boxes that day, but never did it again
>>
>>26045716
The one with Gallade? I saw that but I'm not really a fan of Maxie's hidden ball trick, I have a hard time pulling it off somewhat consistently
>>
>>26045753
huh, never would have thought of that one. Unfortunately, both my local Walmarts have started putting people at doors to check items purchased. I'd have to go when its the black security guy since he don't give a fuck.
>>
>Buy booster packs IRL
>FA Holograph Scizor EX
>FA Torchic
>FA Tentacool
>FA Holograph Wailord EX
>FA Baltoy

How'd I do?
>>
Are the servers down?
>>
>>26045903
Depends. how many packs did you buy?
>>
>>26045933
Seven. Today's my birthday and I felt like spending money.
>>
>>26045903
>FA Torchic
>FA Tentacool
>FA Baltoy
Those are not FA cards
Wailord was the only good card you pull.
>>
>>26045958
Not bad, I've had really good luck recently so I've been splurging like crazy.
>>
>>26045976
How exactly are they not full art?

>>26045991
I also got booster packs from the daily bonus and ended up pulling FA Azumarill. Now I'm just waiting for the servers to get back online so I can redeem my codes.
>>
Haven't brought any cards in two weeks.

Feels like all the packs that are out right now ae full of filter cards.
>>
>>26044620
>I will never have a holo Misty card
>or even the japanese version of Misty's tears
I wish they released more sets like Gym Heroes and Gym Challengers.
>>
>>26046016
Because the art doesn't take up the full card? they're 3/4 art at most.
They're ancient trait cards, and they're not rare at all.

Wailord and Scizor are the only two ultra rares.
>>
>>26046016
No such think as Full Art Azumarill either, that's another ancient trait.
>>
>>26046167
>>26046160
Ah well, I still think I did ok.
>>
>>26046179
two ultra rares is pretty good for 7 packs.
>>
How do you play Legacy?
>>
>>26046320
Poorly.
>>
File: 35335.png (18 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
35335.png
18 KB, 550x375
>Greninja BREAK VS Toad ft. Giratina
>Get my ass stun to death (Thanks Red Card)
>Happy about dominating the match, opponent overdraws
>10 cards left on his side
>Stalled his ass out with kage bushin no jutsu because I barely set up at all
>Win
>He cried Jadge
>>
File: fatesdecks.jpg (652 KB, 2292x2146) Image search: [Google]
fatesdecks.jpg
652 KB, 2292x2146
At least the coins look nice.
>>
>>26044243
A random allotment of trainers like Shauna and Tierno and some pokemon lines. They're all random. They include typically two of the four possibilities. Fighting gets Lucario and Carbink, Dark gets Pupitar and some other stuff, water gets Dewgong and Barbaracle, and there's one with a 2-2-2 Delphox.
>>
generations m charizard price tanked so hard, feel bad for the retards who paid $50 for it.

i sold 2 for $45 each ;)
>>
>>26047005
Well, there go 1000 tokens because those coins are worth it.
>>
What's the point of buying theme decks?
>>
>>26047005
The Lugia deck might be alright. Everything in there attacks for colorless and Delphox is insanely strong.

>have Lugia tank
>power up Delphox
>sweep
>>
>>26047204
To use in theme format for fun
To collect the coin
To get the holo cover card which only comes as non-holo in the pack
>>
>>26047232
Ah ok, thanks.
>>
someone post their trev break deck pls
>>
>>26047204
They're useful when you're first starting and you don't have enough cards to make a real deck.
>>
I just lost a match I should've won because fucking Gabite's Sandtomb caused me to deck out
>>
>>26044528
they are better for collecting, senpai. english cards are all damaged out of the pack, jap cards are minty even after a moderate amount of play.
>>
Making a deck around Tyrantrum is pointless isn't it?
>>
File: tyrants.jpg (198 KB, 856x500) Image search: [Google]
tyrants.jpg
198 KB, 856x500
>>26047712
I'd still like to try either way, tips on maximizing its potential? I know it is shit in no matter what I do, just asking for some tips.
Also I don't have Shaymins sadly.
>>
>>26044016
15/35/10 is sorta close. But still, 10 is a lot of energy unless you're running Greninja Break or M Manectric.

And even the number of Pokemon can vastly differ. VNM (Vespiquen/Night March) is playing AT LEAST 20 Pokemon, possibly more with Unown and Shaymin. Whereas, using Wailord as an example again, you'll only play 4-6.
>>
>>26044299
>there is literally not a single good looking ex card.

Either this is bait or you're retarded.
>>
>>26044400
>Is Octillery worth anything?

Nignog, it used to be a $3-4 card. It's $10 now thanks to Greninja Break
>>
>>26045358
Genesect, (M) Alakazam, and that's about it.
>>
File: PikachuEXXYPromo84.jpg (244 KB, 600x834) Image search: [Google]
PikachuEXXYPromo84.jpg
244 KB, 600x834
>>26044482
there is nothing wrong with this
>>
>>26047251
no one? :(
>>
>>26045903
>>FA Holograph Scizor EX
>>FA Holograph Wailord EX

There's no such thing as a non-holo full art.

>>FA Torchic
>>FA Tentacool
>>FA Baltoy

Oh, you mean those (un)commons that are $0.25 and have literally never seen play in a competitive deck?

Scizor sucks and so do the (un)commons. Wailord is good, though. And it'll probably be in high-demand soon for two reasons:

1) It came in 2nd at Nats last year and little has changed to prevent it from still being competitive
2) Primal Clash packs (and pretty much any set before Ancient Origins) are becoming more difficult to find. Not impossible like Plasma sets, but still not in every single store like they used to be.
>>
File: trev.png (449 KB, 894x429) Image search: [Google]
trev.png
449 KB, 894x429
>>26047914
>>26047251
>>
>>26047914
Pokémon - 16
3 Shaymin-EX
1 Gengar-EX
3 Trevenant BREAK
3 Phantump
1 Phantump
2 Trevenant
1 Trevenant
2 Wobbuffet

Trainer Cards - 34
4 Trainers' Mail
1 Parallel City
2 Switch
4 Dimension Valley
1 Lysandre
1 Super Rod
1 Skyla
4 Ultra Ball
3 Float Stone
1 Professor Birch's Observations
3 Professor Sycamore
3 Red Card
4 VS Seeker
2 Delinquent

Energy - 10
6 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
>>
>>26047005
>Metallic coin

Is this new?
All the coins I have are plasticy pieces of shit that I hate to actually use.
>>
>>26047945
>not running one BKP Trev just in case Night March sets up too fast

It also fucks up Toad and Giratina bad.
>>
>>26047936
I still like em.
>>
>>26047970
I'm unoriginal and just copied a decklist that won states
>>
>>26047914
General outline:
4-4-4 Trev line
2 Shaymin
Maybe 1 Absol

3 Wally
4 Sycamore
1 Lysandre just in case
1 AZ
1 Hex Maniac just in case

4 Battle Compressor
4 Ultra Ball
4 Dimension Valley
4 VS Seeker
3 Float Stone
4 Trainer's Mail

3-4 Mystery Energy
3-4 Psychic energy
>>
>>26047887
Its still edgier than your average Pikachu
>>
File: don.jpg (222 KB, 1393x644) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
222 KB, 1393x644
Anyone here watch this guys youtube. He is pretty basic, but I find his commentary endearing

Darkintegralgaming on youtube I believe
>>
File: wat.png (2 MB, 1594x896) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
2 MB, 1594x896
Has anything like this ever happened to you, like getting all 4 of one card in your opening hand? I never played tcg irl, but I just feel like this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>26046534
Wow, what a sore loser.
>>
>>26048081
I honestly can't stand his commentary or his builds. A lot of his card choices are questionable at best.

He's half the reason I'm considering making my own videos come FC. That and filling the void Pooka and now ABGB left.
>>
>>26048081
yup, being new to the game I love his videos. Even sometimes just as background noise.
Will be looking to him to build my Alakazam EX deck probably.
>>
>>26048096
It is unlikely, but can happen. I've started real games with 4 Sycamore in hand.
>>
>>26048105
I can very very easily see how his commentary could come across cringy, but I generally prefer more genuine commentary to fake enthusiasim that most youtubers have, and this guy seems like this is how he would talk irl.
>>
>>26048081
He builds horribly and only wins through best-possible RNG or playing total retards. Every video of his I've ever watched he does stupid misplays or does shit like try to play two supporters in one turn.
>>
>>26048143
I always wonder if he just never shows losses? His commentary from match to match seems to have continuity, but he always wins.
>>
Does anyone want a match? I'm a beginner and maybe someone could make some suggestions?
>>
>>26048128
I don't mean the cringe, that's inherent when you're making videos about children's card games. I more mean that he wastes a lot of time trying to say some things.

Like in his latest video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_r_2rE5Ec
It takes him 1:40 to tell me what Primal Kyogre can do. The only two facts he gives that aren't part of the card text itself are:
>P Kyogre has 10 less HP than Wailord
>Alpha Growth makes you attach both energies at the same time
And everything else is literally just reading the card text.

Why not some actual meta discussion? Like how NM can't realistically one-shot P Kyogre unlike with M Mane, that P Kyogre's attack isn't that useful in today's meta since there aren't many EX Pokemon, how something like Giovanni's or Empoleon would be a good tech since 170 is virtually the new magic number thanks to Breaks, or anything actually useful?

Instead, he takes almost two full minutes to tell us nothing. And this is just one example. It's not quality commentary. It's not insightful or giving us a meta perspective on why the card is good or bad or how it matches up.
>>
>>26048205
Sure, post name.
I can even stream them if anyone's interested.
>>
>>26048096
>I never played tcg irl, but I just feel like this wouldn't happen.

PTCGO is notorious for being a broken piece of shit that comes off more as a college project rather than a piece of software desinged by a multi-billion dollar international company.

So yes, this would pretty much never happen in a real game.
>>
>>26048227
My name is NutEmbracer, I don't know how many viewers you would get at peak hours let alone this time of day
>>
>>26044441

I have a shaymin but I can't figure out how to use it properly.

It has really low hp.
>>
>>26048287
draw cards
>>
File: q2890.jpg (780 KB, 1328x1552) Image search: [Google]
q2890.jpg
780 KB, 1328x1552
holy shit lol, 2 packs in a row. Feels real good, seeing as I'm stuck in theme decks right now and these are pretty much my 2 packs for the day.

too bad they're locked, oh well I'm gonna use both anyways.
>>
>>26048448
That's the exact same order I pulled my full art Shaymin EX and full art Wally a few weeks ago irl before my friend took the Shaymin due to a joke bet we made that he took seriously.
>>
Is there any theme deck worth buying irl, Just found out they have metallic coins and now I really want one.
>>
File: gwwb7Cj.png (993 KB, 992x457) Image search: [Google]
gwwb7Cj.png
993 KB, 992x457
>>26048526
metallic coins? i think they are all plastic

idk if any theme decks are actually competitive if that's what you're looking for
>>
>>26048547
look at this, says metallic, so do some of the newer decks after I checked.
>>26047005

Not competitive, maybe something I could build around though? like the noivern deck and make it into noivern break or something similar.
>>
>Login stuck at 62%, not even going to a login failed screen

Okay, how did people break the game last night?
>>
>>26048635
I bought the zapdos one last month its a plastic coin
>>
how in the hell do people ship booster packs? I see packs for $3 or less with free shipping.

can you just stuff one in an envelope with some thin cardboard?
>>
>>26048635
i think metallic just means metallic paint. they are all plastic.

there are japanese coins though and some older english coins that are actual metal though, most places will let you use them.
>>
Am I the only one who hates Shaymin EX, so easy to escape rope or Lysandre him out and get a 2 card advantage, only one use unless you attack with him or use scoop up and easily OHKO. Octillery over Shaymin any day
>>
>>26048748
I was asking these questions the other day and everyone made fun of me, but I realize why its good now. If you have ultra ball you get to reduce your hand by 3 and shaymin for more cards when you need it. I do hate how easy of a traget it is for lysandre.
>>
>>26048768
I suppose probably because I only really play Garchomp Breakpoint deck. I prefer the constant draw power octillery provides, even though he suffers being an easy target as well my opponent only gets a 1 prize card and they don't do it often because of the offensive pressure garchomp provides.
>>
So did anyone lose the cards they obtained from last night by abusing the codes?
>>
>>26048934
tfw didnt get to abuse
>>
>>26048934
Didn't even abuse, but have no idea about my legit 20 packs of Roaring Skies (or the legacy stuff I traded for them in the last few days) because I am stuck at 60% logging in.
>>
>>26049109
Everyone is.
>>
>>26049109
>>26049114
Oh I thought it was just me
>>
>>26048805
Draw power is not as important as getting set up quickly. In a deck like Yveltal where you have different mons, a line, items, and a stadium that are needed to play the deck optimally you really need shaymin's set up, so you can get baby yveltal, yveltal BKT, yveltal ex, and zoroark with float stone up as fast as possible
Garchomp doesn't have it as bad since you can use Korrina and rare candy to set up your bench
>>
>>26049114
Oh well, ANZAC Day preparations beginning this evening for me, guess that I will find out if I have lost a legit traded for legacy chomptaria deck in 36 hours or so, after tournaments go back to being 4 tickets with worse prizes. I REALLY hope I don't lose the HGSS and BW packs that I had won yesterday.
>>
>>26048805
decks that define and are at the top of the meta require you to go through half of your deck on your first turn. generally speaking if you have 40+ cards on turn 2 you're going to lose, because it is very unlikely you were able to set up properly
NM will practically mill themselves to draw into compressors and a DCE so their opening hit is 160+
Because of this being able to draw a fresh hand of card, use the needed cards, and then potentially Sycamoring the leftovers for 7 more new cards while still on your first turn is far more important than maintaining a minimum 5 hand size
>>
have they adressed this anywhere yet?
do the devs have a twitter account?
>>
>>26048287
Are you being serious? Do you honestly think it's for attacking? Read the Ability.
>>
>long day at work
>just wanna come home and play cards
>client has shit itself again
Just fuck my life up senpai
>>
can TPCI go 1 day without fucking up their game
>>
>>26049633
no
>>
anyone live near east dallas? want to find a decent card shop
>>
It's back up. No rollback.
>>
>>26049946
What the fuck were they doing then?
>>
File: AHHH.png (273 KB, 767x556) Image search: [Google]
AHHH.png
273 KB, 767x556
>trading and code redemption STILL not working
>>
why do we even play this shithole of a client
>>
Just got this happy looking bastard, how'd I do?
>>
>>26050060
still is the best working client
and it has the trading part of the trading card game
>>
I would prefer if they trade locked the exploited packs rather than a rollback.
>>
>>26050288
>Rollback

Does this mean I'm gonna lose >>26050136 ?
>>
>>26050288
They won't rollback at this point, they need to be some twisted motherfuckers to rollback after letting the players progress throught the game.
They are probably only going through accounts seeing who chinese farmed it.
>>
>>26050338
Yeah, if they rolled back now there would be a massive fucking shitstorm on their hands. Would be kinda worth it to see honestly.
>>
File: unlucked.jpg (413 KB, 1286x829) Image search: [Google]
unlucked.jpg
413 KB, 1286x829
w-why would I want this card?
>>
>>26050386
>I was able to read that perfectly

It might help in a pinch if you think a card you really need is a prize.
>>
>>26050423
yeah but townmap is better....
>>
>>26050441
I just started playing a couple days ago, so I'm clueless as hell. My apologies. At least it looks pretty.
>>
>>26050441
Townmap also lets your opponent see your prizes and he'll know what you took.
>>
>>26050441
No it's not.
>>
I've been away all week, what was the exploit? And is trading down specifically to stop it continuing, or more likely to make sure they can recoup packs from people before they spend them?
>>
>>26050812
promo codes for locked packs worked unlimited and the cards could be traded
>>
>tfw grinding for tokens and packs
Kill me.
>>
File: dick.jpg (235 KB, 892x572) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
235 KB, 892x572
Tips on improving this?
I don't have Shaymins sadly.
>>
Looks like they're getting rid of all the cards obtained from the exploited packs. Noticed the one ex I got is gone.
>>
>>26051044
focusing more on garde would probably be more efficient than doing a general fairy thing. Dropping the whimsicott and slurpuff line for more gardes, xerneas, and shaymins when you get them.

I'm not good at pokemon though so I wouldn't take my opinion that seriously
>>
File: untouched.png (275 KB, 735x284) Image search: [Google]
untouched.png
275 KB, 735x284
>>26051080
My stuff seems fine so far. Although I only opened 15 fuf packs that I traded for.
>>
>>26051106
>>26051044

Also max potions and max elixers
>>
>my FF boosters are gone
I should have opened them.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-24+at+05.29.08).jpg (355 KB, 1286x829) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-24+at+05.29.08).jpg
355 KB, 1286x829
did that make the entire grind through 3 special challenges worth it?
>>
>>26051390
Nope. The only way it'd be worth playing hundreds of matches looking for people who don't concede is if you pulled Celebi Prime.
>>
>>26051387
Did they delete the cards too or just the boosters?
>>
>>26051556
I noticed my greninja and heracross ex are gone from the packs I pulled
>>
>>26051655
Well RIP my new fighter deck, will miss Korrina FA
>>
>>26051735
>>26051655
>>26051556
All my stuff is still here.
>>
>>26051556
The cards I opened were still there, at least the MLucario and a couple others. I opened my XY and FlashFire just in case.
>>
>>26051802
Oh fuck all my shit is gone.
>>
>>26051802
seems the stuff I traded for is still here though, considering I traded some ff stuff for a few bp cards.
>>
Will Zygare/Carbink/Regirock be any good? I'm wondering if I should bother trading for the Zygarde EX my friend got at the prerelease.
>>
>>26052288
Carbink and Regirock will undoubtably see some level f competitive play. Idk much about zygarde so i can't comment there.
>>
If they rollback I'll lose 40+ legit codes that are now in the bottom of the recycling bin

Hope that doesn't happen
>>
>>26052381
It won't, what is happening is that they are deleting all boosters that were gotten from unlimited codes, this is why they disabled trading, because anything you got from trades will be safe.
I still don't know what criteria is being used to delete cards though.

Rollback is not happening.
>>
>>26052288
Honestly, it's hard to tell. On the one hand, Zygarde EX is just a worse Lucario EX, but it isn't weak to Psychic which means it doesn't just auto-lose to NM. But at the same time it's still just a clunky EX deck so it needs ways to keep up with the faster decks of the meta. Perhaps you could just run Zygarde with Hawlucha and a set of Hammers. The Carbink BREAK and Regirock EX are great cards but unfortunately won't do the deck too many favors.
>>
Today I lost before my first turn. Was fun.
>>
>>26052671
Stop including pokemon that aren't 180hp EXs in your deck if you can't handle donks.
>>
>>26052671
git gud
>>
>>26052461
Yeah most of the stuff I got from those codes is gone, strangely enough I still have some FAs, but only 1 copy left of each.
>>
Lost 8 Flashfire, 3 XY, and 4 Furious Fists.
Only did the codes once each.

Rip in pepperoni
>>
Strange...i still have everything. Maybe they didn't reach my account yet?
>>
>>26052952
>didn't reach my account yet
yep
>>
>>26052969
Is the process random?Deleting everything you got? Or are people still having some of the things they pulled?
>>
>>26052952
Reports on the forums and reddit make it sound like they're going through accounts manually. People log in, see some Lucario are missing, log in later, Toads are gone, etc.

And it looks like only cards opened from packs are being removed. No one's reported a traded card missing.
>>
>>26052977
Yeah I still have some spritzees.
>>
>>26052978
So if someone got the cards in a alt account he would keep all them?
>>
>>26053094
If you got the cards from trades, you will probably keep them, unless you chinese farmed it.
>>
File: tacked view.jpg (270 KB, 1286x829) Image search: [Google]
tacked view.jpg
270 KB, 1286x829
Man I really love this new tacked view feature
>>
Is there a better feel than to destroy an EX-only user only using two Regice?
>>
>>26053562
You should try growing out of the contrarian hate for holographic cards. Feels amazing.
>>
>>26053657
Oh it feels amazing to win all the versus rounds because people concede as soon as they see a bench full of regice alright.
>>
>>26053562
Yes winning 3 matches in a round on tourny mode with 3 Regice
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Remember that anon who bought a fuck ton of cards for $20?

I went back. Hand picked everything. Took all the primes I could find.

I also bought a Turbografx16 game for a dollar, only to find out later that it sells for over $100. Oops
>>
>>26054215
Nice picks anon, did you get good Gym Heroes/Gym Challenger stuff? I would commit a crime for those.
>>
File: greninja deck.png (741 KB, 901x534) Image search: [Google]
greninja deck.png
741 KB, 901x534
How can improve this deck?, most duels have been either insta win or lose
>>
>>26054333
Get 3 more VS Seekers.
Cut Wally and PCL to 1.
Add 3 Sycamores and 1-2 Ace Trainers.
Cut Shauna to 1.
Add a 4th Dive Ball and maybe 1-2 Ultra Balls.
>>
why cant i redeem codes or trade
>>
>>26054283

Only 14 cards from those sets. Mostly First editions. 2 foils.
>>
>>26054333
>>26054360
Also Fan Club is garbo, cut 2.
And get a second Octillery.
>>
>>26054360
>>26054387
Thanks, will try it when trade is back, since need some of these cards
>>
>>26054362
Some nig nogs got free packs and now this
>>
should I pre-order my Fates Collide booster box online or try to get lucky and hope that my LGS has one?
>>
>>26054720
is it gonna be back
>>
>>26055017

Preordering online is always a safe bet.

>>26055034

It will be, they're going through each account on an individual basis and removing packs and cards obtained from the exploit.
>>
What did you nigs get from the prerelease?
I got a FA Genesect EX and a Holo Delphox.
The bew Delphox is really good.
>>
>>26055165

I didn't bother, the new structure really irks me and the whole "three additional booster packs from Fates Collide distributed at the discretion of the tournament organizer" bit really rubs me the wrong way.
>>
>>26055165
First six packs: M Altaria-EX (okay...)
Three after: Zygarde-EX, Omastar BREAK (ayyyyy)
>>
I'm just getting started, and I have a bunch of stuff but... is there somewhere with a list of all the cards worth keeping or something? I don't want to just throw stuff in my binder if it's not actually worth putting there (see: Hypno was kinda hyped because Goodnight, Babies, but I don't see it used so idk if I should put it in my binder. Some other stuff are like Magnezone BKT, Absol ROS, etc.)
>>
>>26055215
Well my organizer did give the last three packs.
It would suck if it didnt.
>>
my main account lost the packs and whatever I pulled from them
a secondary account lost everything but the XY packs and what I pulled from them for some reason
I have a third account that opened like 400 packs and everything is still on that account...
idk how they are handling this but it seems to be sloppy
>>
>>26055480

See >>26055480, >>26052978, and >>26052461.

They probably haven't reached that alt account yet.
>>
>>26055480
They're doing it manually on a pack-by-pack basis. As in, literally going in by hand and deleting the cards and packs. They're doing it slowly, too. It's why trading is disabled. Once they re-enable trading, if you still have your cards, they'll be safe.

Just be thankful they're keeping the server up while they do this.
>>
>>26054333
max potions
>>
>>26054333
get rid of the fat fuck, get 4 sycamores, get at least another 2 vs seekers.
get rid of one froakie, add another greninja break.
Too many nurses, get rid of them and of one wally. Get a fisherman and a super rod. Get rid of one professors letter.
Try to have 4 of the breakpoint frogadier.
Get another dive ball and 3 ultra balls.
Add another roough seas and drop 4 energies. You want to get rid of the splash.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.