[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vp/ixelmon: Server's still Full Edition!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: 1460680086088.png (315 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1460680086088.png
315 KB, 854x480
IP: 167.114.159.138:25585 (NA)
Only extra mod is Crayfish Furniture

>==[News]==<
-BlockLag has somewhat been addressed. To help, keep your apricorn farms small <70 trees.
-You can find a badge museum at spawn to claim a badge for your gym.
-First ideas about Gyms, Champs and such:http://pastebin.com/Ut7sVBRX

>==[Installation]==<
http://pastebin.com/PURqPCZZ

>==[What's Pixelmon?]==<
It's Pokemon in Minecraft. Build houses and make your pets fight each other.

>==[Rules]==<
Don't be a dick and don't grief.

>==[Helpful Links]==<
FAQ and Tips:http://pastebin.com/9eC62KHz
Pixelmon Wiki:http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Crayfish Recipes:http://mrcrayfishs-furniture-mod.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Recipes
Server Map:http://i.imgur.com/lZ006Zh.png

Leave opinions and suggestions about the Gym system.
You want another additions?
Just shout the suggestions at me.
>>
>>25956742
FIX LAG

also bring back Blissey's Bathhouse for free levels :^)
>>
gary download less lag pls
>>
File: cluckterfuck.png (663 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
cluckterfuck.png
663 KB, 1360x768
>>25956766
>lag

Geographical location, service provider (preferably with a speedtest.net result), and other running mods please?

With literally JUST CrayFurniture and Pixelmon, you REALLY shouldn't have lag unless you've got some issue with one of the above three things.

Mind you, I don't run things, but I've got some experience with running servers and what sorts of shit cause lag...
>>
File: Map 10.5 Zoom.png (685 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Map 10.5 Zoom.png
685 KB, 1000x1000
Most up-to-date map here.

As always, if you want your town, landmark, or giant mushroom penis on here all you have to to is
>>
>>25956803
>all you have to do is
ALL I HAVE TO DO IS?

ALL
I
HAVE
TO
DO
IS
?????
>>
>>25956803
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6IEMSf_jc
>>
>>25956803
can we add coords under them
>>
File: SelfPortrait.jpg (7 KB, 211x228) Image search: [Google]
SelfPortrait.jpg
7 KB, 211x228
>>25956884
I can tell you that from spawn to Destiny Tower is ~3000 meters.

I'm setting up in the ice spikes north of there and my base camp's waypoint says 3200-ish meters.
>>
>>25956810
Put a banana in your ear
>>
File: 2016-04-15_03.19.50.png (830 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_03.19.50.png
830 KB, 1360x768
My little sandile can't be this cute is my new favorite anime.
The one in the middle is the oniichan.
>>
File: top cryptologists.jpg (107 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
top cryptologists.jpg
107 KB, 700x700
>>25956997
>My little sandile can't be this cute is my new favorite anime.
>>
File: ThatReference.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
ThatReference.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>>25957013
"My Little Sandile Can't Be This Cute!?!?" is his new favorite anime.
>>
>>25956803
Steelton is a town? But Prospect Mine is more of a town than it. Why the fuck don't we just merge the two together?
>>
File: Map 11 ZoomXZ.png (710 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Map 11 ZoomXZ.png
710 KB, 1000x1000
>>25956884
Sure because I don't need sleep.

>>25957039
I have been to Steelton while checking the coords on this map.
My conclusion: fuck if I know.
>>
>>25957076
thanks bro
>>
File: new gym now stalker.png (509 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
new gym now stalker.png
509 KB, 1000x1000
>>25956803
I just filled in a dot of where the new Fire type gym is
it's right next to Moonruin Valley
We're all ready to set up shop now
>>
>>25957437
also name the location, dubs gets the win
>>
>>25957437
>all that space between nitro and nortia
>people are still building shit in the north west

For what pvrpose
>>
>>25957492
for what it's worth I'm building a town between there
>>
For anyone building new towns:
I will probably shrink the worldborder soon. So please don't build outside +/-10000.
To compensate for that Grottos will respawn
>>
>>25957039
Something like that is the idea I've been having but I haven't really had the chance to talk to Steelton's proprietor about it yet.

>>25957488
"dubs gets the win" should be the town's name, now.
>>
>>25957552
Could we get a visual on the map to see where that's at right now?
>>
>>25957561
>>25957556
Oh, wait, it DOESN'T EVEN GO OUT THAT FAR NOW.
>>
>>25957552
I don't think respawning grottos is such a good idea to tell the truth. There are an immense number of grottos in that border already. Just make it so you can buy master balls for an obscene amount of gold.
>>
>>25957568
Yeah, 10k border is huge. Basically the map we have in the thread would be about the size of the middle square on a 3x3 grid.
>>
>>25957593
Maybe you're right. They wouldn't be respawning every day or something crazy like that though. I'll keep thinking about it
>>
>>25957593
Seems silly to be able to buy master balls unless its like 5 stacks of gold blocks or some shit
>>
>>25957556
perhaps "Dubs mountain"
or something
>>
>>25956066
No, fuck off. We're not doing a circlejerk, that's what killed the last one.

Fucking tripfags I swear to god.
>>
>>25957552
Give it a few days so people outside that mark can move their shit inwards.
>>
>>25957758
One stack of gold blocks actually seems like a pretty good price for a master ball. That's 576 gold ingots. It's obscene but doable.
>>
>>25957980
No, that's not okay.
All it is is "you capture a pokemon." Is that really that incredibly valuable? It's a convenience, a way to speed things up. Honestly a stack of gold ingots is already kind of high for a price.
>>
>>25958023
>a stack of gold ingots is high
>for a masterball

Please leave and never come back, holy shit
>>
>>25958023
>stack of actually pretty common gold
>valuable in any way
wew lad

Seriously, though, we don't need a masterball shop for anything less than a stack of diamond blocks (hyperbole, but only a little). >>25957593 is retarded, with respawning grottos we get the chance to hunt down rare items without having to run up against the world border. They don't need to respawn often - once a week or so - and we can still get the initial rush of going after them all again.
>>
>>25958023
Master balls are for legendaries. It's not a way to speed things up, it's a way to not blow your brains out should a lvl 70 rape machine with an insanely low spawn rate spawn in front of you. Not to mention shinies. If you waste 576 gold ingots on a ball to catch a common Poke you are an idiot.
>>
>>25958064
With respawning grottos we will all have fucking 400 chests full of stacks of tms you retard.
>>
>>25958082
And that's a problem...how? Most of them, you can buy in spawn anyway, it just saves you on gold. Besides, TMs are cheap. I vote Gary adds a TM Whore at spawn who buys TMs for gold to prevent us from running out of gold with our irritatingly constrained borders, which will happen after a sufficiently long time.
>>
>>25958057
But it's just a ball? Let's be honest, if you want a pokemon, you're going to get it. It's just a matter of time. It's just a lot of time sitting around and watching "waiting..." After you throw a ball for 50+ balls. Masterballs are just a faster way. Is there any reason for them to be expensive? Will this game be worse off if someone can catch what Pokemon they want quickly? I say no, nothing will really change. The idea that it's expensive because it's "rare" or "end game" is idiotic. There is not end game in this, everything is available from the start, this is a nonlinear sandbox kind of Pokemon. Any "rarity" is artificial, the grotto respawn rate will be decided manually, the price in the shop will be decided manually, even the drop rate from grottos can be decided manually. It's all fake rarity, and there's not really any particular reason for it to exist on this server.
>>
>>25958108
>irritatingly constrained borders
It's 9 times larger than the currently mapped area you fucking mong. The only people this affects are grotto assholes.
>>
>>25958166
You realise literally nobody has seen Mew in game yet. Yeah, try catching fucking Rayquaza with an ultra ball in this.
>>
>>25958072
>Master balls are for legendaries
The only reason you think that is because you're used to only having one, and needing to use it for the single hardest catch in the game. As soon as more than one master ball is available per player, their "legendary only" status goes right out the window. In a game like this there's no reason for them to be exclusive.
>>
>>25958190
>try catching fucking Rayquaza with an ultra ball in this
I have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't think you do either. I'm advocating master balls to be more common. Can anyone give a real reason why they shouldn't be?
>>
>Master balls are free for everyone
>Don't bother trying to catch Pokemon, we wouldn't want there to be any challenge
>Everything you want is given to you for free
>>
>>25958255
I just said cheaper than a stack of block, nigga. If cheaper than that is free to you, then everything else on the server is already "free" anyways.
>>
>>25958255
>it's expensive because it's rare because it's expensive because it's rare because it's expensive because it's rare
Great logic.
>>
>>25958199
You realise this isn't actually Pokemon? The same rules don't apply to this world. Legendaries aren't stationary in this game, they won't just wait for you and you can't just save in front of them and reload until you catch them. Master balls are the only way you are going to catch them in this game.
>>
>>25958302
What the fuck are you talking about? Can you not read? I'm saying make masterballs available, and your "argument" is that you want master balls for Legendaries. Is your head okay?
>>
>>25958325
Are you fucking inbred? I'm the guy advocating making them insanely expensive.
>>
>>25958337
But why. Give a reason. A real reason besides you want to jack off while you think having a legendary makes you special.
>>
>>25958343
>Your reason isn't a real reason cos I said so
Just leave.
>>
>>25958299
It's a tool that lets you skip an entire game mechanic. How do you not see that? It's a huge convenience, and one that, if as common as you suggest, would invalidate a huge segment of the game. I'm sorry that you're so bad at Pokemon that you actually want that invalidation but that's just not a good idea for a game. Catching pokemon has value, and you're suggesting removing that value. I, and clearly other people, have an issue with that.
>>
>>25958359
The inherent flaw here is that balls are already free. There's an Apricorns farm in spawn and other everywhere that basically give you infinite balls, and the price of the current balls in the shop is low enough to be forgettable. There currently is no value on balls on the server.
>>
>let's add purchasable master balls to the shop
>how much should they cost?
>their value is ties to their rarity, so as expensive as they are rare
>how rare are they?
>well now that we have a shop, their rarity is tied to how much they cost
>so how much do they cost
>they should cost an amount based on how rare they are
>well, how rare are they
>somehow this ends at +500 gold
There is no reason for this logic.
>>
>>25958369
Pokeballs never held any real value in the pokemon games either. Which is fine. Having a tool to make catching pokemon possible is completely different from having a tool to make catching pokemon free.

Also, Ultra Balls still have some value.

But my point is that, besides its name and shape, the Masterball is not even in the same category as any other pokeball. A pokeball represents a challenge, requiring some amount of skill, luck, and perseverance. A masterball is just a ticket to a pokemon. As long as masterballs are rare, they still do have some value along the same lines of pokeballs. "This was my masterball, and I decided that this pokemon in particular was worth spending it on."
>>
>>25958351
So you don't have a real reason then?
>>
>>25958395
Can you really not think of a reason why masterballs should be rare? Really none at all? Why are you even here if you don't like playing pokemon and just want the cool monsters for free?
>>
File: 1429040818095.jpg (13 KB, 201x206) Image search: [Google]
1429040818095.jpg
13 KB, 201x206
>>25958166
Its just blocks? Lets be honest, if you want to build something youre going to gather the resources to build it. Its just a matter of time. Its just a lot of time sotting around and watching a pickaxe mine. Creative is just a faster wayis there any reason for creative to be off? Will the game be worse off if someone can get everything they want instantly?
Why even play the game if everything is done instantly?
>>
>>25958404
This is as good an argument against making them cheaper as I've seen yet, so I'll chose to talk to you.
I can see the argument that they're different at a base level than other balls, but I maintain that in a game like this it's still just a matter of convenience. In the main games, a master ball is a reward or an achievement, but in this they're just a way to move on to your next goal.

The "this was my master ball" idealogy I just don't see at all, since if you can afford one, you can afford two or more.
>>
>>25958417
Blocks are already free nigga, just look down. This argument is retarded.
>>
>>25958417
>less than 500 gold
>instantly
Y'all autists will get triggered by anything, won't you?
>>
>>25958433
>I cant read: the post
At what point did I say they where not free?
>>
File: poop.png (1 MB, 944x1060) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
1 MB, 944x1060
>>25958445
>tldr, let me shitpost instead!
>>
>>25958451
I can read, your argument is still retarded. I'm talking about making something expensive just less so, and your "conparison" is talking about something that's free as if they already are. The fact that blocks are already free makes it not a comparison at all, which is why is ais blocks are already free and you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>25958470
They require time to mine in the same way it requires time to catch pokemon. Why would you remove a central game mechanic by having multiple masterballs readily available?
>>
>>25958426
>since if you can afford one, you can afford two or more.
not if they're extremely expensive you can't
which is exactly why they need to be extremely expensive
>>
>>25958469
Nigga what? Implying yours wasn't a shitpost?
>>
>>25958426
I still maintain that masterballs are fundamentally not pokeballs, but an entire other mechanic altogether.

But I don't think the value comes necessarily from only having one. I'm on board with having them be an achievable goal instead of just randomly spamming grottoes to get one eventually. Some absurd price like someone else mentioned a stack of gold blocks is not that easy to attain and getting a second stack is just going to be harder as the easy gold dries up.

I guess I see a few different categories of masterball ownership:
-I don't really need one, maybe if it comes up I'll get a lucky one or save enough to buy one someday
-I mined, traded, and sold like hell or spammed enough grottoes to get my masterball. Now I'm satisfied
-I spend most of my time mining gold, have a secret stash of gold-selling villagers, and prioritize my time and effort towards acquiring masterballs. After a significant effort I now have 2 or 3

All of these seem like valid and rewarding decisions people can make while still keeping masterballs very rare yet attainable.
>>
>>25958498
If you want everyone to only have one, why have a shop at all?
>>
>>25958524
>I just want to automatically shitpost in response to my vile enemy instead of actually thinking first

Christ it's like I'm watching someone argue with my mother.
>>
>>25958507
Yes they are different from other balls, yea it is another mechanic entirely. But why does that mean they have to be so few? Is there any reason I shouldn't be able to throw a master ball at a pokemon when the console alerts that there is 1 minute until the next reset? Is anyone's play hurt if someone has their entire team in master balls?
>>
>>25958524
What are you even saying?
Why would making them expensive limit you to only one?
It just means a greater time investment to get a masterball. You have to make a big time investment searching grottos to find one normally, so the amount of time required to obtain the gold required to buy a masterball should be approximately the same amount of time. It just removes the RNG aspect.
>>
>>25958535
That was a legitimate question, what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>25958555
The post you replied to was a direct response to someone saying that they wanted master balls to be so expensive that you could only afford one, and not a statement of general philosophy or argument.
>>
>>25958557
You aggressively misinterpreted the other poster's point and then drew a complete non-sequitur from your assumption.

I just figured you were too lazy to use your brain, it didn't occur to me that you were lacking one. I'm sorry.
>>
>>25958580
>aggressively missenterpreted
">you can afford two or more.
not if they're extremely expensive you can't
which is exactly why they need to be extremely expensive"
Literally saying they want them to be expensive so that you can only have one. They say in plain English that the reason they need to be expensive is to stop people from being able to buy two.
>>
>>25958555
I see nothing wrong with this. Ide prefer they didnt have the shop at all and just have weekly grotto respawns though to keep the rng element.
>>
File: 1415979435167.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
1415979435167.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>25958551
Seriously? Think of it as in the games. Master Balls are RARE as SHIT. A regular Poke Ball is a fight, a challenge to catch a Pokemon, and you can be proud to parade it around. A Master ball is just a "lol I win" button. Where would the fun be in capturing Pokemon if you can just click the "fuck it" button?
>>
Stop arguing ball economy.
>>
>>25958643
This isn't the games. This is pixelmon. Catching Pokemon is only like 1/4 of pixelmon, where its like 1/2 of the main games.
>>
>>25958609
Maybe go into a debate with the understanding that your opponent is talking about the general case, not extreme outliers.
>>
I'm willing to bet the people against buyable masterballs or respawning grottos are people who already have a few mballs and just want to remain special.
>>
>>25958675
>go into an argument making assumptions about the people youre arguing with
No, that's retarded. How about you make the point you want to make instead.
>>
>>25958673
By that logic, Master Balls should be twice as rare.
>>
>>25958680
Maybe some. Certainly not all of them.

>>25958683
>I just want to automatically shitpost in response to my vile enemy instead of actually thinking first
>>
>>25958686
... No? That's not how fractions work.
>>
>>25958692
You wanted me to somehow know or assume something that you didn't specifically say. You wanted me to know you were talking about edge cases without having mentioned them at all. If you want me to make assumptions, I'll assume you're a retard and stop replying to you.
>>
>>25958680
I want to go on record saying that I don't believe Masterballs should exist at all in Pixelmon. Legendary Pokemon should be reserved for people strong enough to catch them. Right now, the things don't even make good trophies because you just need to wait around an area until a boss spawns, then throw a Master Ball.

Imagine how much cooler Rayquaza would have been if it took people weeks to become strong enough to take him on, instead of catching him on the second day of the server.
>>
In the end I can feel happy knowing that no matter who argued what the ultimate choice over whether or not they are buyable is up to Gary.

I personally don't care either way myself.
>>
>>25958675
>you fucked up and made your point I coherently or incorrectly
>it's somehow the readers fault for not getting it
Fuck off, you mong.
>>
>>25958731
To be fair I had to wait in that sunflower plains for the entirety of those two days the server was up. Like I hardly ate or slept waiting for that fucker to spawn. Grinding past level 50 is a pain in the ass and I could not have imagined when he slawned being able to only chuck a few ultras before he inevitably ohko'd my whole team and then despawned after all that time waiting.
>>
>>25958733
It's the waiting.
>>
So hey, building an undersea temple, I need to borrow sponges, willing to barter fossils, gold, or TMs.
>>
File: 2016-04-15_11.41.55.png (1 MB, 1440x877) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_11.41.55.png
1 MB, 1440x877
Moonruins hotel construction is coming along quite nicely.

Remember that now is a prime time to start building a house in the comfiest town on the server.
>>
>>25958722
>you
Wasn't me, mate. I just stepped in. Also, you're explicitly stating (good for you!) that you're unwilling or incapable of performing the absolute bare minimum of having a respectable debate. This may come as a surprise to you, but humans aren't actually emotionless automatons inputting and outputting perfectly formulated arguments. Mistakes happen, either in making an argument or in receiving it. The absolute first step of having a productive discussion is the assumption of good faith on your opponent's part. This will require actual effort and thought, as well as empathy and emotional awareness.

If you aren't willing to at least try (because you don't need to succeed at first, because you will also get the benefit of the assumption of good faith) then nothing you say or do has any merit whatsoever. It's certainly your right to automatically shitpost in response to your vile enemy instead of actually thinking first but don't expect to actually get anywhere with it.

>>25958743
For good measure, but I also want to specifically address
>it's somehow the readers fault for not getting it
It's not about fault. I wasn't saying you were wrong for the act of misinterpreting the other post. Just, it's about both parties reaching a mutual understanding of each others positions. Anything else is a waste of time.
>>
>>25958956
>everything about this
Tell me your IGN so I can add it to my list of extreme autists to avoid at all costs, next to Dazint and Admiral Tyler.
>>
File: 2016-04-15_20.04.55.png (330 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_20.04.55.png
330 KB, 1024x512
New species of Pokémon successfully bred for the first time! Check 'em out behind the Fugland greenhouse.
>>
>add a lootball to spawn that has inside something unobtainable but worthless, like a nether star
>make master balls cost 1 nether star and like 100 gold
>give nether stars as pries for tournaments or special events
How about this? Everyone gets one, they still aren't free, you can get more than one via hard work.
>>
>>25959155
>pries
*prizes, forgot the z.
>>
>>25959155
That's...actually not a bad idea. Very, very difficult to obtain, but not actually impossible. Hell, if we have a NPC that trades gold for something easily and endlessly obtainable (like, say, 1 bar for a full stack of cobble?), it works even better, That way, if we ever hit limited resources (because the map is finite), we'll never actually be locked out of everything.
>>
>>25959155
I dig it.
>>
I'm thinking about building up a psychic gym/dojo, I'm not claiming it this isn't official I'm just considering it. Anynody have any suggestions or preferences on where is should be?
>>
>>25959010
>caring about anything at all
>autistic

Hm.
>>
>>25959177
Meowth and Persian drop gold nuggets already, making gold a renewable resource.
>>
>>25959280
>I know that I'm being autistic and so I'm afraid to say my name
It's either that or
>I'm one of the other two people who are already known raging autists and if I out myself as one of them people will know I'm not worth talking to
>>
>>25959300
Man I just think that debating effectively and intelligently is an important skill most people don't have. Calling that a mental illness is just wild to me.

Law of the internet: any attempt to defend yourself against absurd accusations just proves those accusations correct.
>>
>>25959394
Yes, gold argument skills are important. You don't have them. In fact you argued against them, all while insisting you were the intelligent and corecect one. You're an autist.
>>
>>25959394
Let me tell you a short story, maybe it'll shed some light and show you where you went wrong.

Today I work, I was sticking the store shelves. I had a pallet, filled with boxes of a certain size that are called "totes", a pallet of totes or a tote pallet if you will. When my manager checked in with me, she asked him much work I had left to do. "Half a tote" I said, to her surpsie. "Already? That's very fast." Now here is where you and I differ. What I did NOT say was "of course not half of a si gle tote you idiot, how could you not u derstand that?" Instead what I DID say was "Oops, I meant half of a pallet of totes, I'm sorry that was my bad."

Are you starting to get it yet?
>>
>server closed
JERRY FUCKING FIX THIS
>>
>>25960377
he just closed it to install a mod to try and fix lag. it'll be back up in a minute.
>>
>>25960384
I know
>>
>timed out
Th-thanks.
>>
>Failed to connect to server
>Timed out
THANKS MOD FAGS, GOOD JOB, YOU WON, THE SERVER IS KILL
>>
>tfw serb is dead

gen 5 game and went really fast huh
>>
gary install more meme please i need it on my serv
>>
File: 1453779012524.png (20 KB, 176x158) Image search: [Google]
1453779012524.png
20 KB, 176x158
/home
"You do not have permission to use this command!"

PICNIC
>>
>get off work
>chat filled with arguments about masterballs and dead server

Wew lads, hope nobody killed each other while I was gone.

Also my idea is to set up a black market somewhere that sells really good items at obscene prices, ie: masterballs, rare candy, etc.
>>
>>25960756
Gary killed the server, does that count?
>>
>>25959489
You're right. I saw what I felt like were people debating 'incorrectly' then feeling like that gave me the right to condescend to them, as if I was any better. Very self-unaware of me.

>>25959993
Yeah.
>>
File: 2016-04-15_16.07.05.png (50 KB, 1280x961) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_16.07.05.png
50 KB, 1280x961
what do
>>
>>25960868
Release pachirisu.
>>
File: Untitled.png (38 KB, 678x260) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
38 KB, 678x260
fuck
>>
>>25960868
Give lugia to me
>>
>>25960899
It's a known bug in minecraft that jumping from one fence post to another can trigger that message.
>>
>>25960955
see >>25960868
>>
Fyi buying a bunch of ultra balls is cheaper than buying a masterball. Depending on catch rate mechanics, the catch rate for your average lengendary is 3.5% so 28 ultra balls are needed on average to catch a 3.5 legend which is cheaper and getting jewed out a gorrilian gold blocks
>>
>>25960983
that's not how statistics work
>>
>>25960756
If it helps, zero people objected to this >>25959155
>>
>>25960868
>>25960899
If you're stuck with it continually kicking you, type in a /home command when you log on.
>>
>>25959135
NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>25960756
I like this idea.
>>
>>25960983
For starters, the chance of catching a full HP Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball is (3 x 2[1 - (2/3)(100/100)])/255 = about .78%. Getting it to 1 HP approximately triples your odds to 2.35%. Putting Ho-Oh to sleep first brings you up to about 5.88%.

http://pixelmonmod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Catch_rate

Secondly, as >>25961006 says, that's not how statistics work. It's may seem a bit patronizing but check out

https://www.mathsisfun.com/data/probability-events-independent.html

(It's what I use all the time when I need a refresher, as I did when writing this post)

So the odds of our catching Ho-Oh are 5.88%. That means the odds of not catching it are 94.12%. To see our odds of not having caught an asleep, 1 HP Ho-Oh with an Ultra Ball X number of times, we multiply 94.12% times itself X times. Then subtract that from 100 to see at what point you're more likely to have caught it than not. Seems like that happens on the 12th ultra ball. Here's the spreadsheet I used to find and display the odds, though I'm pretty rusty with this math myself and would appreciate someone with a critical eye going over my numbers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W1zGtT6yTquasO3erykP_6hzjKh59BA4MV742PS7rc4/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>25957437
Which one of these green blobs is a jungle?
>>
fuck pepperjack
>>
>>25961342
Also to follow up, I'm of the opinion that Master Balls should be priced extravagently high, commensurate to their power, convenience, and (in this case, artificial) rarity. These numbers could be used to determine the absolute floor of what a Master Ball could be priced at: 12 Ultra Balls.
>>
>>25961405
why
>>
File: 1459502363122.jpg (1 MB, 1404x2431) Image search: [Google]
1459502363122.jpg
1 MB, 1404x2431
>>25961422
More than anything Master Balls save a huge amount of time and avoid risk entirely. Even that 12 Ultra Ball figure is an approximation of the best possible circumstances (which definitely cannot be maintained for 12 consecutive turns), and requires the investment of (ideally) a Pokémon with False Swipe and a sleep move, at a high enough Level or supported with enough items that it can deal with a Legendary for a few rounds.

The point being, a Master Ball is at least equal in value to not just the balls you'd be using instead, but all the preparation you're avoiding by using it.
Obviously the price is dependent on the general price levels in the server's economy, but the equivalent of about 50 Ultra Balls ought to be a good benchmark.
>>
>>25961547
>50
You're out of your mind. All you're doing is subbing out prep in battle for prep in mining gold, it's not less prep at all.
>>
>>25961574
>mining gold
Or any other profitable, tradeable activity. Of which there aren't really many at the moment, but I'm sure with an entrepreneurial spirit you could figure something out. I'm not really sold on the other poster's suggestion of 50 Ultra Balls since it seems fairly baseless but arguing "It costs a lot of time and effort!" isn't very effective against people like me who think that Master Balls should cost a lot of time and effort.

One point of that stats stuff I posted was to show that Master Balls are not needed. They just help, and are nice.
>>
>>25961547
>>25961574
>>25961631

golds nigh useless anyway, its a shitty fiat that's overlooked because its more convenient to barter and get something you directly want over a fiat with no set value that people may or may not want in exchange for shit.
This 50 balls thing is a symptom of that, there is no set value for gold compared to items so nobody can agree on a price.

being able to sell things like pokeballs and tms for similer to there buying worth would give gold value as a currency because you then know its worth someting
>>
>>25961631
A new thought, really just a rehash of >>25959155

I think that trying to name a price for Master Balls is probably the wrong direction. Or rather just one facet of how Master Balls should be awarded. Ideally I think most styles of play should have some way of being rewarded a Master Ball if you prove yourself to be a master of the craft. If you really like building, then maybe if you get good enough you can with the Best House competition and win a Master Ball. If you really like battling you can win 8 badges, challenge the Champion, and win a Master Ball. Someone who, I dunno, breeds the best Pokemon can win a Master Ball. Whatever.

Since one of my favorite activities in Minecraft is the relatively boring drudgery of getting under the ground and digging, I also feel like there should be a way to win or earn a Master Ball with that gameplay. But instead of giving it a price and having it merely be an everyday commidity have it be an achievement. Something along the lines of, but not necessarily on the exact scale of, collecting a full stack of blocks of each gem type. Not because that's necessarily how much a Master Ball is worth, exactly, but because that sort of achievement is how a Master Ball is awarded.
>>
>>25961697
>what is the server shop
Nigga they use gold there
>>
File: 1454886637395.png (81 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1454886637395.png
81 KB, 800x450
>>25961790
This. Right here. This, I like so very much. Gives people an incentive to keep building, too. Well thought, anon, have a qt Eevee.
>>
>>25961851
but its one way you can only convert gold into balls not vice versa
>>
>>25961790
or just make them craftable but they require huge amounts of hard to get materials to create, but that requires the devs to stop being shit.
>>
>>25957437
is this set up to be north south east west? i wanna travel places but cant tell
>>
File: 2016-04-15_16.53.52.png (856 KB, 1440x877) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_16.53.52.png
856 KB, 1440x877
IT GROWS!

I am probably going to make each floor into an appartment for anyone who wants to live in Moonruins without having to build a house. Speak to DrudgeJedd in game if interested.
>>
The fuck.
Why is the server full?
>>
>>25957736
I'd suggest once a week. That way, considering the number of things in them, it'd be a negative idea to camp them out. AND if someone were to mark each Grotto down within the world, they'd take about that long to get to them all (unless they are the God of NEET), meaning they wouldn't be able to exploit that way either.

Wouldn't suggest buyability. As a reward for completing a competition between players, perhaps.
>>
>>25962009
Americans.
>>
File: 2016-04-15_18.06.29.png (2 MB, 1920x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_18.06.29.png
2 MB, 1920x1005
>want to expand my settlement to add dino pens and fossil themed areas
>feeling builders regret and want to go back to just making a comfy ass village

What do?
>>
FIX TRADING NIGGER
>>
>>25962069
Smash the village and cages a little, put vines over stuff, etc. It'll look like the pokemon broke out JP style.

Build a new comfy AF village elsewhere.
>>
>>25961945
How big is one apartment space?
>>
>>25961945
Can I claim an apartment as a business expense?
>>
>>25962092
Dude, you haven't seen this guy's village. The houses are amazing.
>>
>>25962097
Roughly 20x20x3 plus three balconies
>>25962107
They are provided free by the Moonruins city council.
>>
>>25962109
Which is why I'm considering destroying the pen area and going full comfy with a few pens scattered about.

GARY GIB THUNDERSTONE SO I CAN SMASH FASTER
>>
What if Masterballs cost levels?
>>
I honestly wish masterballs didn't exist.
People would have to try really hard for legendaries and they would mean a lot more.
>>
>>25962213
I think the current thing is okay, the roulette of grottos seems to control the MBs fairly well. But if it goes free market, than it'll stop being a lottery. I get that a high cost will reward people for mining, but then, that's no fun. If you wanted to spend 3 days mining gold, you could be playing vanilla.
>>
A few other possible Master Ball - worthy achievements:

Complete the Pokedex.

Map the entire world, after the worldborder is set up.

I actually haven't played Minecraft seriously since they added the ability to 'stitch' different maps together so I'm no sure how many maps you'd actually need to show you'd been everywhere. Still, I do think it's a good idea to reward pure exploration.
>>
>>25962248
You'd need hundreds of maps. Maybe even a thousand.
>>
>>25962248
Maps are 128×128 pixels in size, giving coverage varying from 128×128 to 2048×2048 blocks (8×8 to 128×128 chunks) depending on their zoom factor.

Considering the area of the world would be 20,000^2, a lot.
>>
File: finally.png (5 KB, 337x50) Image search: [Google]
finally.png
5 KB, 337x50
>that feel when you finally get a qt master ball gf
>>
>>25962367
Zat thing on the far right?
>>
File: 2016-04-15_17.45.10.png (1005 KB, 1440x877) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_17.45.10.png
1005 KB, 1440x877
>>25961945
The Moonruin Apartments have their first resident. Remember to stop on by before they are all gone.
>>
>>25962388
That's an Item Finder. It helps you find Hidden Pokéloot by chiming and displaying a direction when right clicked near one.
>>
add more slots reeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>25962530
Fug off, the lag is bad enough.

Is there anyway we, the community, can help improve the server, or will Microsoft tear our throats out for daring to not give them money?
>>
Here's some info:

We're currently in the process of switching hosts to HostHorde, at the moment we're copying all files aside from the world folder to be ready to upload.

What does this mean? It means you can keep playing until we have to shutdown and download the world folder, however, any homes created after 7pm EST will not be in the transfer, among any other mod/plugins not saved to the world directory.

I figure it will take about an hour to move everything, and then a bit longer to move the world file. So keep playing, building, etc. I'll come back as news arises.

Lets hope for the best.
>>
>>25962600
You say homes, does this count for ANY changes to the world? Also, should I be concerned about my mons that are in the breeding?
>>
>>25962600
Also, this covers chest protection as well.

>>25962654
No, just protecting chests and setting homes, because that data is saved outside the world folder.

Anything done in the world (building, mining, breeding, holocausting) is fine.
>>
>>25962654
No, changes to the world will stay. Only the homes set via command /sethome won't be saved.
>>
>>25962654
Gary clarified in game. When he says homes, he means your "/home" locations. Everything you build will be fine.
>>
>>25962674
>No, just protecting chests
Does this mean i have to reset locks?
>>
>>25962689
No, it just means any NEW locks wont be there.
>>
>>25962699
Alright, just making sure
>>
>>25962674
Ah, right. I was confused when you said homes MADE. Cool. Let's all hope for the best then.
>>
so what about reacquiring our /home's?

is there anything we can do/anything you're going to do to compensate or are you just going to stick a dick in our ass and then wipe it on our curtains?
>>
>>25962712
Well to compensate, he's putting us in a server which will have less lag, and he's paying for it out of pocket. Is that good enough?
>>
>>25962712
Maybe read the post you fucking retard.

Goddamn I hate the shitlords that screech for "compensation" despise not losing ANYTHING at all.
>>
>>25962731
Has he not set up any sort of donation link?
>>
>>25962712
Holy shit reading compensation.

All existing homes will stay, any homes NEWLY CREATED AFTER 7pm EST will have been gone.

Backing up the large file now, gonna head to the store while it does its thing.

See you all in a short bit.
>>
>server officially ded
what now?
>>
>>25962731
So am i just stranded in the middle of nowhere now?
>>
>>25962741
Not considering that till the server works properly
>>
>>25962748
a nice relaxing picnic
>>
>>25962753
No, how fucking retarded are you? Besides the fact that your old /homes are fine, you can always /spawn, or /tpa to anyone

I hope you stay out in the middle of nowhere so I never have to interact with your dumb ass.
>>
>>25962755
We all know Servers run on Shekels. More Shekels = Happy Server.
>>
So I heard someone is making a normal gym. Are they? Otherwise I was considering making a gym near my little village thing. Nowhere near done yet, though.
>>
BLISSEY BASES WHEN
>>
>>25962777
vejjie is
>>
>>25962797
You and those masterball faggots can both fuck right off the edge of my dick.
>>
>>25962768
Shid, I never got round to noting my coords before it shut down. IF everything goes the way it's supposed to, no problem. But complications have occurred before.
>>
>>25962777
There's room for more than one normal surely. There's balance badge and plain badge after all.
>>
File: 1234.png (120 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1234.png
120 KB, 400x300
So when will Moonruin stop shilling it's town so not everyone is living just there?
>>
is there a dark gym? i have a fuckload of high level ones without noticing
>>
>>25962813
You could try shilling your own town, if that's the issue you have with this.
>>
>>25962828
the thing is other people ARE shilling their towns

Moonruin is gonna end up being like Aria all over again. Everyone wants to fucking live there because everyone else is there.
>>
While you're all here, let's talk about gyms.
I liked the ideas in the last thread we talked about them so here's the compilation. You tell me what you think about them so I can get a nice gym/competition system working.

Regular tournaments (2-4 weeks) that decide the Elite 4 and the Champ.
Players can qualify with a certain amount of gym badges.
If there are two gyms that want to use the same type, the leaders can fight for the right to be the Gym for this type. The loser will be considered a Dojo but can regularly challenge the other Gym to win that right.
People who want to make multi-type gyms or just want to have a place where people can challenge them will be considered Dojos.

I think that was the general consensus the last thread.
Gimme your thoughts
>>
>wait in Jungle Hills for 10 hours
>no mew
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
HIGHER LEGENDARY SPAWN RATE WHEN
>>
>>25962813
>build something
>take a picture and post it
>WAAAAH STOP BEING GOOD AT BUILDING AND BEING BETTER THAN ME
Get over it and get a better town.
>>
>>25962863
You mention same-types squaring off. There are a lot of badges, couldn't two that share the same type that have two badges (E.g. Volcano and Heat) host one of those each?
>>
>>25962777
>>25962812
There's only going to be one gym kf each type, anything else is a Dojo. Once a week or so, dojos can challenge the gym to an official battle to take their place as the gym and demote the old gym to Dojo. A week or so later, they can challenge again.
>>
>>25962828
Or how about no one does it because it's obnoxious as all fuck?
>>
>>25962848
>>25962828
I know of one guy that's been shilling both in game and on thread advantages of living in his town.
But everyone seems to ignore it in thread and go to Moonruin or FUGland more than 90% of the time.
>>25962880
See >>25958903
Please stop thinking it's not a thing shilling their town hard.
>>
I think the champ should be the person that last beat the Elite 4+The previous champ, not something decided with tournaments.

Also any ideas of how or where the E4 challenge will take place? I kinda wanted to help with building.
>>
>>25962870
I've been doing the exact same thing for the past day get out of my biome reeeee
>>
>>25962900
That'll never happen.

Don't ask others not to compete, get good at competing yourself.
>>
>>25962896
That's not really fair to people who want to run Poison for example, since there's only one poison badge.
>>
>>25962900
How else do you answer the countless "Hey famicoms which town should I live in?" questions?
>>
>>25962910
No clue yet. I'm gonna get on that as soon as the lag is acceptable
>>
>>25962863
What if there was a situation of a type for a gym sharing the spot for leader dependent on time of day that one or the other is on?
Such as two people run one type in the same gym/town with the same badge?
>>
>>25962863
16 badges max plus champ
8 qualifies you to enter the world championships
all 16 qualifies you to fight the elite four to be champ and recieve a special badge of honor until you lose to capp and his 6 ho ohs

what do you think?
>>
>>25962919
It's fair, they still get the opportunity to knock the actual Poison Gym off, just like any other Dojo would have the opportunity to knock one of the aforementioned Fire Gyms out.
>>
Is the server down?
>>
>>25962921
You tell them "Ask for a tp to ____ Town for someone that has it and make your own choice" and no town is mentioned, only to look at every town and make the choice that way.
>>
>>25962955
Yeah, switching to a new host to see if it fixes the block lag problem or if pixelmon is just shit
>>
>>25962955
Yup, Gary's shifting it over to a new host for (hopefully) less lag. When's it going to be back up, do we know?
>>
>>25962965
When will it be back on?
>>
>>25962909
Stop being so salty that nobody wants to move a millioniles away to shit Norte place or whatever it's called. I'm not going to sit in a corner and not talk about my builds or my town just because you're upset that my buildings look better than yours.

As for the guy who wants people to join his town, downs need a draw. There needs to be a gym, or good Pokemon around there, nice atmosphere, or public attractions, or a fair number of neighbors, something or anything to make someone want to go there. Moonruin just so happens to have all of that, so it's popular.
>>
>>25962969
>>25962970
Soon. Rowan is handling the transfer since his internet is faster than mine.
>>
>>2596298
Hope it's soon as I only have the weekend to play since I've started midterms and projects and stuff.
>>
>>25962941
>capp and his 6 ho ohs
just stealth rock the nigga
>>
>>25962974
This desu.

Build a town at the corner of 4-5 biomes and people will flock to it for the variety of Mons.

Even an underwater dome town has the prospect of Kyogre.
>>
>>25962951
It's not fair you mong. If there's two fire gyms and two poison gyms, both fire gyms get to exist uncontested, while the poison gyms have to fight it out and one person has to be a Dojo while looking over at fire gym thinking "this is bullshit, they don't have to do this shit to keep their badges."

One gym per type, all others are Dojos. It's the only right way to do it.
>>
>>25963005
Underwater town pls
>>
>>25962974
The thing is, it HAS all of those because it's so popular.
>gym
Moonruins came up around one.
>good Pokemon
That's pretty much luck of the draw, especially because we have homes at almost every biome.
>nice atmosphere
>public attractions
>fair number of neighbors
Fugville has all of that, but when was the last time you saw someone there? Except for the "fair number of neighbors" part, because EVERYONE'S LEFT.
>>
should gyms adapt to each level tier (up to like 60) or should new players just grind like motherfuckers before they challenge the gyms?
>>
Give it some time, the Moonruin hype will die a bit, and a new popular town will spring.
What do you guys even want to live in then? Ice town?
>>
>>25963007
Fairness isn't about everyone getting an equal slice of the pie.

It's everyone having an equal opportunity to obtain the pie.
>>
>>25963005
Only issue is that at all those intersections, someone's already built a thing there. Also, everyone who will be joining has, because getting on the server is a nightmare now; people don't want to abandon their builds, so we're screwed.
>>
>>25963013
>tfw no Wailmer Dome in the middle of the lake
>>
File: asdasdasdasdasd.png (1 MB, 1366x706) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasdasd.png
1 MB, 1366x706
>>25963013
Does this make you wet?

Yeah?

Dude, get out of there.
>>
R O U T E S W H E N
O
U
T
E
S

W
H
E
N
>>
>>25962974
>stop being salty
That's a lot of projecting on one person feeling annoyed, when other people as well feel like their efforts building anything remotely fun in their town and taking hours on it for nothing.
>Moonruin just so happens to have all of that
And the prescience of more than half the server living in it already so ether if you want any form of contact with people now you MUST live in moonruin to get it, or if you want no social activity people end up living in a hut alone in god knows where in the server.
>>
File: 1434663386765.png (147 KB, 249x386) Image search: [Google]
1434663386765.png
147 KB, 249x386
sure hope you small guys are ready to join the hip-happening new up and coming town, Cia-ville
>>
who's the most annoying person
>>
I wish we could have more biomes and a map reset.
>>
>>25963035
And fire gyms have a bigger opportunity to be a gym than poison gyms do, since they don't have to compete for it.
One. Gym. Per. Type.
>>
File: 2016-04-15_17.55.50.png (463 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-15_17.55.50.png
463 KB, 1024x512
>>25962910
I just happened to build this thing yesterday. Totally didn't have anything in mind.
>>
>>25963071
there are actually two poison badges. Everyone forgets the poor, poor Soul Badge.
>>
>>25963039
In that case, find a different draw. A Nether Town, with four portals at each edge, leading in to different biomes. That would be an interesting place to live, even if the biomes were kind of shit.

You need to think of something that will intrigue people enough to get them to visit it, then convince them to stay. Community can be even better than facilities sometimes.
>>
Has anyone made any unique gimmicks for their gyms or plan to do so? For example, some redstone/piston shenanigans for the Electric gym and some fire/lava shenanigans for the Fire gym. Basically, something to prevent it from being a straight walk to the arena.
>>
>>25963034
>What do you guys even want to live in then? Ice town?
Honestly I have no issue with some people living in Moonruin, but EVERYONE..? What's the point in having other towns now.
>>
>>25963086
Is breeding accesible enough that having a specialized breeding town would be a decent gimmick? I'm just tossing around ideas, because otherwise my buildsite is just a plains area.
>>
>>25963071
This.
One gym per type sounds the most fun.
Pitting my team against a bunch of varied and different obstacles is more fun than building a rock team to beat the five fire and three flying gyms.
>>
>>25963081
I'd like to have one crazy arena for the big tournaments (E4 and all that) and host small tournaments in different cities (if they have an arena) to give them more exposure and for a bit of variety.
>>
>>25963088
I plan on doing a Psychic gym, with a maze with invisible walls like in the game
>>
>>25963058
This. Everyone's already built shit in Moonruin, nobody's just going to go abandon it outright. With all the shilling Moonruin's gotten, and Port Castaway to a lesser extent, most people live in one of those two places. Or Fugville, to a lesser extent.

Here's the problem:
>you want to live with multiple people
>you try to build a town, fail because very few people want to move and lose their builds
>you decide to move to where people are
>most people are at Moonruins, so you move there
And so on and so forth. Building a new town is almost guaranteed to fail at this point, because everyone has already built something somewhere else. You might attract a few hermits, but that would take some serious luck. Making things worse, we pretty much have all the players we're ever going to have, because the 35-person limit really limits us to a group of dedicated players so we don't get new citizens to any new towns.
>>
>>25963071
No, they don't. There can be more of them. That doesn't mean a Poison Dojo can't challenge a Poison Gym. If 30 people want to make a Fire Gym, but only 5 want to make Poison Gyms, is that unfair to the Fire Gym, since they have more competition?
>>
File: 1409776123516.jpg (100 KB, 700x693) Image search: [Google]
1409776123516.jpg
100 KB, 700x693
>these plebs not living in multiple towns
>>
>>25963017
Typed this on my phone and then it died, so here's the second pass on PC.

Only one this is because it's popular, everything else is not.
>gym
This was worked for. Someone got a team, and raised them up in level, built a gym, and got a badge. Put in the effort, or don't bitch that you don't measure up.
>good pokemon
This is not luck of the draw, it's not an accident. There are many biomes that suit a ground gym, mesa was chosen because it had great pokemon. Build your town in a not shit place, or stop bitching that other places are less shit.
>nice atmosphere
Also not an accident. From the first building, Moonruin was described as Comfy, and everyone's builds have been to that theme. It's obtained by careful choice of location, and hard work building. Put in that work and thought, or stop bitching that your town doesn't have nice atmosphere.
>public attractions
This is not because it's popular, I started the Hotsprings when Moonruin was only 3 people, including the gym leader (I think so, at least. I was only aware of two others before I joined, so at least my public attraction was not because of popularity) Put in some effort on a good public build, or stop bitching that other builds look better than yours.
>number of neighbors
This is the only real advantage moonruin has, and desu it's a new thing since a week or a week and a half, and it's because of all of the things above.

>TL;DR you get out what you put in, no one is going to make your town worth living in except you
>>
>>25963114
You could host big tournys in the End. It'd give it a purpose.
>>
File: 1400530437778.png (123 KB, 447x405) Image search: [Google]
1400530437778.png
123 KB, 447x405
>>25963122
>these plebs living in towns
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.