[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't you just love a healthy metagame?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (472 KB, 625x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
472 KB, 625x960
Don't you just love a healthy metagame?
>>
>>25736892
Can /vp/ give me one good reason why VGC is better than Smogon?
>>
three threads
>>
>>25736892
Disgusting

6/8 teams exactly the same
>>
>>25736892
this again? havent we already established that france is just shit, you fucking smogon fag
>>
File: image.png (258 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
258 KB, 640x1136
>>25737078
is japan any better?
>>
>>25737131
what do you expect, bunch of nerdy ass tryhard chinks.
>>
>Pokemon will never be balanced

How does this make you feel /vp?
>>
>>25736892
>cherrypicking only france
hehe
nice try shitposter
>>
>>25731390
original bread is here
oh right, it has dismantled the op's bait
d*mn
>>
>>25737190
it would annoy me less if Pokemon competitive wasn't such a big even with world champion ships and if Pokemon didn't have hundreds of npcs telling you that all Pokemon can be strong.
>>
>>25736892
clefairy? lol what a noob. it's not even evolved!

make sure that sick fuck doesn't post on here.

else we'd have to ban his ass for not catching 'em all.
>>
>>25736892
I don't keep up with leet shit but I want to know the story behind top guy's Clefairy.
>>
>>25737313
eviolite, follow me, friend guard probably
>>
>>25737313
>>25737501
Pretty much. It gets a great ability called Friend Guard which increases your allies Defence (and Clefable doesn't get it), it's also reasonably bulky with Eviolite, gets Helping Hand and Follow Me.
In VGC, you basically have two restricted Pokémon and one Mega, and the vast majority of the time they're going to be dishing out far more damage than anything else you have, so you want a support Pokémon just to help keep your big hitters alive, rather than have more offensive things.
>>
File: pikapika.jpg (42 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pikapika.jpg
42 KB, 480x480
>>25736892
REMOVE LEGENDARY
REMOVE LEGENDARY
REMOVE LEGENDARY
>>
>>25737190
>>25737222
>balance
Allow me to play double's avocado here. But what would the point of trying out something new be if the game was, as you aspire, balanced?

Weak pokemon need to exist. I'll never understand why people try-hard on a game essentially based on luck. But that's not the argument I'm trying to make, I'm not trying to shame anyone into either. But do you not understand that, for that reason, weak pokemon need to exist?
>>
>>25738396
Remove genies
>>
>>25737131

In fairness, Japan has been this way in everything?

Have you ever watched them play Street Fighter? They tierwhore like no tomorrow.
>>
Ban all legendaries, does vgc become good?
>>
>>25741586
no
>>
>>25738458

He's not talking about perfect balance, that would be boring.

He's saying "hey maybe we shouldn't have like 40 pokemon that are Super Turbo Akuma-tier", aka the only character in SF history that I know of that is universally banned from tournament play because literally no other character can beat him. Third Strike is terribly unbalanced, but it's unbalanced in a way that's fun at least.
>>
>>25738458
FYI, it's devil's advocate, not double, just so you know for next time
>>
>>25736892
>That Celfairy
>Not even Clefable
>Was able to replace fucking Salamance

How
>>
>>25736892
Nice cherry pick
>>
>>25741641
>8 of the top placing teams
>cherrypicking

When did "cherrypicking" become code for "you're using evidence to support a position that runs contrary to mine"?
>>
>>25741625
Friend guard ability, probably helped xern setup
>>
>>25741655
france is the only regionals that had top cut big 6 fags.
>>
>>25741655
When it's only one country
Look at all the previous regionals this year
>>
>>25741611
devil's avocado sounds like some gay-incest shit.

>>25741598
That's why tiers exist, right?
Also, using a real-time game as example isn't the best. But I like how on Smogon they try to make more Pokemon viable. As for the actual games, sadly they'll keep the powercreep going (just like the TCG) in order to sell the next games.
>>
>>25741625

Clefable doesn't get Friend Guard. Also Eviolite is good.

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Clefairy: 110-132 (62.1 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 133-159 (65.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.