[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nuzgen/ Nuzlocke General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107
File: 1408955848463.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1408955848463.gif
2 MB, 200x150
Old one almost at 300 so new one here
>pre-patched romhacks:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0
https://mega.co.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed
>Nuzlocke Ruleset Generator
http://emmaramirez.github.io/nuzlocke-generator/

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges
Near Broken Necks Edition
>>
Should I do a nuzlocke of Sacred Gold next, or one of the Platinum hacks?

Which Plat hack is the best?
>>
I'm almost done with X (haven't had a single casualty since the furfrou battle and my pokemon are all almost level 70). What should I do next? I have
>diamond
>white
>white 2
And I could try to find platinum if I need it.
>>
>>25667166
I just finished Black, it was pretty fun.
>>
How do I get a 360 controller to work with Desmume? Is it possible? For some reason despite being plugged in, my controller doesn't work in game. It normally does for things like Elder Scrolls etc
>>
>>25667456
You'll probably have to set up the controls yourself, it's what I did for my SNES controller adapter. If all else fails there's always JoyToKey
>>
>>25667543
Figure it out! Under Controls it had all of the controls mapped to what were ostensibly XBOX controls. I manually remapped them using the controller and they work now.

Thanks! I probably wouldn';t have figure it out otherwise.
>>
To continue spamming Desmume woes,

is there a way to fix game speed? It seemes likie my game will oscillate between regular, slowish, and everythig in between, which is enfuriating to listen to. I'd even be fine if it was stuck on slower, if it would be consistent.
>>
Do action replay cheats from the relevant base game work on the romhack that used the same game?
>>
File: 1455612349860.png (31 KB, 302x215) Image search: [Google]
1455612349860.png
31 KB, 302x215
Just beat eshop Red, soulcrushing realization that no wifi trading meant pokedexing not a reality but im off to catch mewtwo and then neglect it until S/M come out.

In the meantime i've decided to revisit ORAS

The decline in difficulty has been pretty severe over the generations but they kind of stuck it home with ORAS. That and the loss of battle frontier kind of gave me a "what the fuck ever" feel for it and I never ended up touching it.

I just beat the E4 with a team of rag tag 40's on a dial up modem and im thirsty for more pokemon, but im not in the mood for the game to pull its pants down and hand me an adventure.

What are some good suggestions to turn ORAS into a balls to the wall challenge?

I've tried a few flavors of nuzlocke but for one reason or another they've never really been for me, and for a first playthrough it ends up being very restricting overall.

There has to be more than just setting it to Set, and turning off xp share, isnt there?
>>
>>25669100
monotype yourself? Pretend you are a gym leader and stick to one type?

or mono color, choose a color at random then only use pokemon with that color on their bodies
did that with purple once and had to use a bunch of stuff i had never tried before
>>
Guys I´m playing Volt White 1 and everything one shots me despite me being at around lvl 72 while my opponents being at 63.

What´s this shit?
>>
>>25669386
It's a Dray hack. That's why.
Later levels, you need to git gud. I know people keep saying that kinda shit, but you REALLY need to git gud.
By that, I mean
>Protect on all your mons
>Play like competitive
>Use Smogon strats
or you'll get fucked.
>>
>>25669422
That's just stupid, if levels don't matter what's the point. If I wanted to play smogon I'd play smogon

They shouldn't one shot me at those levels. Why is Volt White liked again?
>>
>>25669436
c h a l l e n g e
>>
>>25669443
But pre-knowledge =/= challenge
>>
>>25669445
Plus, it's the fact that all opponent mons, except wild mons, have perfect IVs and EVs, Smogon tier held-items, and legitimately good competitive setups.
Every battle is a battle for your life, every mon is one that can sweep you if given the opportunity.
That's why it's a challenge, the game expects you to be strategic about it.
>>
>>25669460
>Every battle is a battle for your life, every mon is one that can sweep you if given the opportunity.
I get that. But having underleveled pokemon beat you with a single move isn't strategy. Having a team made up of pokemon that easily get your team paralyzed or something like that is
>>
>>25669462
Best I can say is Smogon. You just have to endure and keep going.
>>
>>25667132
Go with Sacred Gold, it's fun and not retardedly hard

>>25667638
If your issue is about the music, I don't really think you can fix it. It usually plays at normal speed in battles & buildings and slower in cities & routes. There's a turbo button that you can set up in the controls.

>>25668927
Yes they do

>>25669386
Git gud. All Pokémon are EV trained/perfect IVs/ have awesome movepools after a point.
These hacks are great, I honestly can't play Vanilla Pokémon anymore.
It is possible, I have finished BB once and I'm not even good competitively
>>
Trying to get back into pokemon

Should I nuzlocke XY (with Exp All off naturally) or ORAS? Everything else I've played to death.
>>
>>25669100
There's a few good ORAS romhacks out there.
>>
Platinum is slow as balls. How do people have patience to run this over and over
>>
>>25670387
If you use Desmume, you can use the turbo button. But yeah, I agree, it's painful
>>
>>25670196
XY. If you're bored why play a remake?
>>
At what point does Volt White 2 become SMOGON tier in difficulty? I lost one challenge to Burgh yesterday (just my own stupidity), and I'm wondering if it'll get even harder. I liked it.
>>
File: 1417915369724.gif (930 KB, 185x282) Image search: [Google]
1417915369724.gif
930 KB, 185x282
>>25670454
Well, I actually enjoy contests as a diversion and Lisia is a cutie.

Whats the difficulty curve for XY like without using Exp All?
>>
>>25670512
>worst girl
The difficulty curve is things being a lot more high-level than you

Despite what most say here, I honestly prefer ORAS, but you shouldn't force yourself to play a region you'really bored of for shitty idols.
>>
>>25670523
>The difficulty curve is things being a lot more high-level than you

Given thats pretty much the only difficulty curve at all in any of these games aside from BW2 Challenge mode, I'll take it.

Also I really, really wish they'd add a challenge mode to Sun/Moon. One that you didn't need another copy of the game to unlock.

I still like Lisia though.
>>
>>25670562
Well in XY it's barely even a moves issue. Just the levels eclipsing you over time to a bigger extent than anything else except for the DP E4
>>
>>25670465
I'd say from Skyla onwards. Skyla is insanely difficult iirc.

But it's not as bad as Volt White 1 because a lot of the double/triple battles are now single battles which is much easier to handle IMO.
Still, it's no walk in the park, I wiped against Clay last time I tried.
>>
>>25670432
I play all my games on my 3DS so no turbo button sadly. It's really making it unbearable. Though I might just still be salty from losing my HeartGold run yesterday.
>>
>>25670676
>losing HG run yesterday
what did happen anon.
>>
>>25670694
Fight vs Silver in Azalea caught me off guard. Half my team was weak to water so his Croconaw swept them up. The next two were flinched to death by bite. I got lucky with my last Pokemon when HootHoot managed to sleep Croconaw, but then he slowly killed himself from Zubat's supersonic.

It was some horrible luck with Bite and confusion trigger nearly every time.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-22-10-27-33.png (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-22-10-27-33.png
444 KB, 1920x1080
Fuck Burgh and his 6 crits, no confusion hits and other various bullshit
>>
>>25670793
Confusion is utter bullshit
>>
File: BBTeam.png (388 KB, 1962x562) Image search: [Google]
BBTeam.png
388 KB, 1962x562
>>25670793
Burgh is an asshole

Time to face N and his SIX. GODDAMN. ROTOMS

I need Romane to get rid of the Rotom-O otherwise I'm pretty much fucked
>>
File: BBTeam.png (392 KB, 1962x562) Image search: [Google]
BBTeam.png
392 KB, 1962x562
>>25671209
woops, here's the updated pic
>>
File: 56468.png (86 KB, 417x338) Image search: [Google]
56468.png
86 KB, 417x338
>>25671225
Only the second Rotom to come out and I already suffer a loss...
I thought he could take that Thunder but apparently I overestimated Ezequiel's walling potential ;_;
>>
File: Dafuq.png (79 KB, 421x337) Image search: [Google]
Dafuq.png
79 KB, 421x337
>>25671324
FUCK NO I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN.

Man that's just so stupid because it's the last Pokémon of the last battle before I reach Mistralton where the Move relearner is and I planned on replacing HJK by Drain Punch as soon as I get there. That's some shitty irony right here. Layvin was such a good Pokémon too, insanely high defences
>>
>>25671225
>my choice btfo
ELISAAAAA
>>
>>25671536
Yup, she had potential to be a great tank but she couldn't take a Crit Earthquake from a Thick Club Marowak, not even at full HP :/

This run hasn't been kind for my Normal types so far
>>
>>25671225
Got an empty template of that?
>>
>>25671409
>N uses Rotom
n confirmed for smogonfags.
>>
Am I a boy or a girl for black 2 nuz? and what is my name? First response decides
>>
>Crystal nuzlocke
>first route 46 encounter is a Phanpy
>first Dark Cave encounter is a Teddiursa
>first route 36 encounter is a Growlithe
>it roars away

Well my low encounter rate luck had to run out eventually.
>>
>>25672238
Boy, fg567a
>>
File: ;_;.png (66 KB, 386x310) Image search: [Google]
;_;.png
66 KB, 386x310
>>25671225
God. Fucking. Damnit.
I just loved this bat, been with me forever.
This is what happens when you try to level up a new team and you only have two trained Pokémon to carry the team.
Flying Pokémon are perfect for triple battles and Skyla is up next. Nobody on my team could take an Ice beam, I shouldn't go in a new building without a full team, fuck me

>>25671870
You mean for drawing 3 lines on Paint? Because that's litterally what I did, it took me 15 seconds.

>Select all the images with cream
Fuck you, captcha, I just lost a Pokémon to Ice Beam!
>>
File: Spout.png (123 KB, 381x536) Image search: [Google]
Spout.png
123 KB, 381x536
>>25672281
>Switch to Sanosky
>Water Spout
Really?
I mean, I shouldn't care that much because Electrodes are absolute garbage but I intended to at least use it in the Flying gym...
>>
>>25672409
Why are you getting wrecked all of a sudden?
>>
File: THE DREAMTEAM.png (1 MB, 2365x1688) Image search: [Google]
THE DREAMTEAM.png
1 MB, 2365x1688
Just WON my first ever Nuzlocke game, I've been beaten on the final battle of Leaf Green twice before.

This one was on Emerald. Here is the team wot won it.
>>
File: I HAVE A DREAM.png (506 KB, 473x702) Image search: [Google]
I HAVE A DREAM.png
506 KB, 473x702
>>25672472
Note the two shinies. Minutes after I lost my starter, the fire penis chicken, I found a shiny Electrike. She quickly became the team leader, the messiah sent by RNG Jesus with a DREAM to lead us to victory.

She was the only casualty in the Pokemon League, dying to Wallace's Milotic.
>>
>>25672430
Well I benched some of my good Pokémon that are weak to flying in anticipation for Skyla. Now I'm going to the top of Celestial Tower to catch something while trying to avoid trainers because half my team is underleveled and has shitty movepools but some trainers you just have to fight and it's not easy with two viable team members.

Tl;dr : I'm not careful enough, I should always have a full team when I explore
>>
>>25672486
Sounds like you had a god tier ride, anon
>>
>>25672486
TWO Shinies on a single run?
Man, I've never even had a shiny ever. Jealous af.

Congrats on the victory, you should transfer those shinies on to your next run. (I think it's possible, some people were doing that a few weeks ago)
>>
>>25672508
It was pretty great. I maybe grinded too hard at the end, after I lost my favourite pokemon, a Flygon, to the last trainer in Victory Road. It was too good getting my actual favourite Pokemon in a Nuzlocke game, but for that Flygon's memory we had to win, everyone was on lvl 60 for the Elite 4.

Also THE MESSIAH was the first shiny pokemon I have ever seen, or at least recognised to be shiny,in all my years of playing ever since Gen I.
>>
File: New Meldorn.jpg (194 KB, 387x452) Image search: [Google]
New Meldorn.jpg
194 KB, 387x452
>>25672521
Oh the freakiest shit, the reason I have these autistic pictures is because I was playing along with some friends in a skypegroup sharing stories, one of the others is doing a Nuzlocke of Ruby at the same time. He ALSO CAUGHT A SHINY ELECTRIKE. Neither of us have ever seen a shiny before.

Also here is my Absol with his Blackglasses,
>>
>>25672560
That is some voodoo shit man. You might as well get a lottery ticket or something
>>
Starting a Volt White 2 Nuzlocke, rolling for my starter. If 0 I'll just choose Tepig.
First reply names it.
>>
>>25672575
eeeehuc
>>
File: phquch7n7k2qbwe.jpg (77 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
phquch7n7k2qbwe.jpg
77 KB, 600x450
>>25672521
>>25672560
>tfw my Skype group used to have so much fun
>tfw the best people there were driven off by SJWS
A-anon...
>>
>>25672521
Technically my shiny Electrike died in the last battle, so she can't really be transferred, and Claydol is fucking hideous. Honestly I'd trade all of them for that Flygon.

>>25672599
That's really sad, anon. I met mine through this roleplaying thing years ago, we all just started playing Pokemon a week ago, one of them for the first time, the rest all doing Nuzlocke runs.
>>
>>25672575
I just started Blaze Black 2 last night, good luck anon!
>>
>>25672616
>was always sad I could never find a Shiny Nosepass
>get screenshot from friend
>she showed me a 3IV 4EM Shiny Nosepass for me to use on my first run if AS when it came out
>that gold Jew landed the final Earth Power in my playthrough
>I will never see her again

I still have that Probopass, it's there with the Shiny Togepi I'm gonna use in Sun as my most treasured Shiny
>>
>>25672657
I kind of wish I'd never learned about EVs etc, every time I battled a Pokemon that gave speed EVs it would trigger me on some latent autistic scale. I was happier not knowing.
>>
>>25672430
Also, I've been really unlucky in my catches lately. I basically got the worst choice of the last 5 areas I've been in.
>Xatu on route 6
>Delibird in Cold Storage
>Electrode in Chargestone Cave
>Ambipom with PICKUP on route 7
>And Just now, a fucking Driblim on the top of Celestial Tower

In Blaze Black and other difficulty hacks, frail Pokémon just die or, worse, end up causing the death of valuable Pokémon trying to cover for them.

What am I gonna do with a fucking Drifblim? Learns Hurricane at level 76 and has godawful defenses, gonna get one shot at the first SE move.
>>
>>25672676
I still don't know much about IVs or EVs. The most I pay attention to is the basic stat sheet.
>>
>>25672676
I didn't care about the Nosepass' IVS really. The two of us were the best breeders in the group though.
>>
>>25672689
Anon with the two shinies here, I swear I have ridiculous luck.

In my first attempt at Leaf Green, where I was using British Prime Ministers as my naming convention, I caught a FUCKING ABRA and named it Disraeli. That one, like my more recent one where everyone was TV characters, both were ended by the final battle against my rival.
>>
>>25672731
Fuck it, starting a Leaf Green run. It's time to finally beat this game with Nuzlocke.

Rolled a d9 on a website to pick starter, rolled a 9 for the 7-9 set, giving me Squirtle.
>>
>>25672819
Name it CoolDad
>>
>>25672819
Name it GRAND DAD
>>
>>25663070
Is Quagsire worth using? I already plan on using Graveler and Poliwrath

Just wondering since I caught a Wooper recently and I've always liked Quagsire, but his stats look like total ass compared to traveler and I assume Poliwrath.
>>
>>25672918
>accidentally quoted another thread

whoops
>>
>>25672918
I'd say YES just because its one of my favourite ever pokemon, plus electric immunity for a watertype is pretty nice.
>>
File: 1458648630260-2.jpg (59 KB, 496x615) Image search: [Google]
1458648630260-2.jpg
59 KB, 496x615
>>25672940
>plus electric immunity for a watertype is pretty nice

Can't argue with that. Now I remember why I love Swampert so much for gen 3 runs.
>>
File: i507^cimgpsh_orig.png (574 KB, 2440x1748) Image search: [Google]
i507^cimgpsh_orig.png
574 KB, 2440x1748
>>25672833
>>25672849
Sorry going with a JoJo themed naming convention.
>>
File: BBTeam.png (428 KB, 1962x562) Image search: [Google]
BBTeam.png
428 KB, 1962x562
>>25672409
>>25671225
Alright, Skyla is a triple battle so I decided to bring my birds to counter her team of birds. We'll see who has the superior birds.

Pick my last team member though. Excluded : Colt, Flaure & Redeye, all weak to flying.
>>
>>25673060
Do you make these yourself or is there something in the OP that does it for you?
>>
File: Capture.png (26 KB, 723x465) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
26 KB, 723x465
This is probably my best Cuckold Emerald run ever. Just beat Archie/May and grinding for Winona. RIP Morocco the Drifblim though.

Stream will be in like 1.5-2 hours when I get back from school
>>
>>25673084
I make them myself, but really it's just three lines that I drew on Paint.

The images are in the OP then it's just Copy and pasting stuff, really.
>>
>>25673116
>Machamp

H-how?

Also first battle won barely, had to use my potion.
>>
>>25673132
in this hack trade evos evolve using a stone called the Link Cable you can buy in Verdanturf
>>
Is it wrong that I dropped my Firered run and find Crystal to be way more fun?

I mean, I'll probably pick it back up later, but there's something about crystal that sets it apart from any other pokemon game I've played.
>>
>>25673150
you should try Liquid Crystal, it's a crystal remake hack based on Firered with a bunch of added content (and self-insert edgy rivals, but it's still great)
>>
>>25673150
I know Silver is definitely my favourite.

I've never successfully finished a Kanto Nuzlocke though, I just beat my first ever Nuzlocke run and mentioned earlier in the thread, so that's drawing me back. I mainly just love the setting for all the nostalgia from playing Blue when it came out.

Have you done a SoulSilver/HeartGold run?
>>
File: honk.png (19 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
honk.png
19 KB, 256x384
Well, here we are.

Again.After losing last Unovalocke to a random Veteran. Let's hope this one goes better.

Maybe that HGlocke made me better at these. I don't know.

Which one of these doesn't cuck me over too much? Pig's good against Burgh and Brycen, get's cucked by Clay.
Otter gets cucked by Burgh and Elesa, but gets Clay and might help against Skyla and Iris.
Snivy... well, helps against Clay and gets cucked by Skyla and Brycen.
>>
>>25673158
Is there setting wrong with the Liquid Crystal download in the OP? It freezes when I pick my starter.
>>
File: 495Snivy_BW.png (338 KB, 761x859) Image search: [Google]
495Snivy_BW.png
338 KB, 761x859
>>25673214
>Contrary Snivy
>Contrary Serperior
>D R A C O M E T E O R
>L E A F S T O R M
>can't learn Overheat
>+3 SPECIAL ATTACK PER MOVE
>switch to using another attacking move to save PP
>S W E E P
>>
>>25673214
RNG it.
>>
>>25673227
>Contrary
>vanilla
look, the last time I tried Drayano's hack, I wiped out at the "MUH ROTATION EGG MOVE GYM"

granted it was far away and ago when i was stupid enough to do blindlockes.
>>
>>25673229
rolling.

1-3 is the snek
4-6 is the bacon
7-9 is the otter
0 is up to you
>>
>>25673258
Sneaky snek
>>
>>25673267
but i rolled 8.

how is that sneaky snek.
>>
>>25673220
yeah I'm pretty sure its broken because I tried to hack in a lucky egg. I can upload a working one if you want
>>
>>25673060
Nobody wants to pick my last Mon?
I promise it's gonna have an honourable death
>>
>>25673273
Oh man am I tired

8 doesn't even look remotely like a 3
>>
>>25673060
>>25673286
Dala.
>>
>>25673286
>25673286
redeye
>>
>>25673274
that would be amazing. I remember it being really great when I tried it a year or so ago, but I lost where I had put it.
>>
>>25673286
Zang
>>
>>25673295
Alright, let's use that Ambipom! Never used one before after all. But I'm really pissed it doesn't have technician
>>
File: welp.png (8 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
8 KB, 256x384
FUCKING SAVAGE
After some technical difficulties, the run's over already.
>tackle
>tackle
>tail whip
>tackle
aren't they like fucking programmed to not kill you? It wasn't even a crit. Just an old plain Tackle.
>>
>>25673362
i can't still stop keking to this.

what the fuck even just happened.
>>
>>25673362
Nope, it almost happened in mine too.

Uhh, take 2 I guess?

Also the Pokeball on your 2nd screen looks like a onahole
>>
>>25673362
That's why I always make a save state right before that battle, I don't want to do the whole fucking opening again just to get to the exact same spot

It took me four tries to get my BlazeBlack2 run off the ground because of shit like this
>>
>>25673303
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0ucs2g4g44a9oi/Pok%C3%A9mon%20Liquid%20Crystal.gba?dl=0
>>
>>25673393
>savescumming on the very first battle

That's kind of weak anon.
>>
>>25673404
It's the only battle I'd ever do it on, there's literally no difference between doing that and just starting a new game (assuming you pick the same starter) except for ~5 minutes of bullshit
>>
>>25673422
I know what you mean, but I feel that is completely against the spirit of Nuzlocke. It's the constant risk in every battle that makes your bond with your Pokemon that much more vital.
>>
>>25673434
I agree with you there, I wouldn't savescum anywhere else. But if I pick the same pokemon and give it the same name I don't see much of a difference. To each their own I suppose.
>>
>>25673456
Personally I'd give them a different name the second time. That pokemon died, it wasn't meant it be.
>>
>>25673422
What I do is I save BEFORE picking my starter. Because the Ivs and Evs aren't gonna be the same each time you open the box so technically it's not the same Pokémon
>>
>>25673475
That's not a bad idea.
>>25673472
I'll take your advice next time, I think.
>>
did someone update the nude oras hacks yet?
>>
File: caesar and his bitches.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
caesar and his bitches.png
5 KB, 240x160
So here is my initial team
>>
File: it's a doge.png (10 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
it's a doge.png
10 KB, 256x384
>>25673375
>take 2
>bianca's pig dies to a crit
well, can i eat this bacon now?

Lax Oshawott, and this is my first catch. It's a doge!
>>
Just beat Cheren with these guys! Thought I'd use Lumpus to set up seeds/para then switch out right away, but he ended up carrying the team!
>>
File: mmmm.png (18 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.png
18 KB, 256x384
>>25673574
>can't progress without saying yes
fuck u bianca
>>
File: the doge.png (10 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
the doge.png
10 KB, 256x384
>>25673596
wow look at this doge's usefulness.

thanks, doge.
>>
>>25673595
Bravo, anon.
Man, if you end up with a Technician Breloom this early in the game, you're set. Bullet seed is just gonna kill everything
>>
>>25673116
Germany too stronk
>>
>Rollout

That was an incredibly disappointing fight. And jackass Tepig Adventure knocked out the Sewaddle for this route with a triple crit on top of it.

Things are not looking good.
>>
File: leopold.png (104 KB, 960x643) Image search: [Google]
leopold.png
104 KB, 960x643
>>25672560
Oh shit, my friend I was playing with who ALSO CAUGHT A SHINY ELECTRIKE just fought the champion in his Ruby run.

He was down to just his evolved Zigzagoon thing right from the start and a Crobat against the Aggron and Metagross of Steven. This was the result, just the ferret thing left.
>>
File: QQ.png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
QQ.png
5 KB, 240x160
>>25673741
And my game isn't going much better.
>>
Anyone have an emerald cia for cfw 3ds?
>>
>>25673739
Oh man, losing a potential Breloom... RIP
>>
>>25673794
>emerald .cia
for what reason
>>
>>25673819
To play it natively on my 3ds?
>>
>>25673819
Because it's part of his plan.
>>
>>25673739
Fuuuuck that is heavy
>>
File: Pokemon Volt White 2_03_11562.png (16 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Volt White 2_03_11562.png
16 KB, 256x384
Holy shit, shiny Psyduck. What do I name him?
>>
>>25673794
3dsiso has a thread with all the games patched with the trade evolution patch.
>>
>>25673870
Blueducky
>>
>>25673875
Can't use 3dsiso on uni wifi, any chance you can grab the download link for me, sorry
>>
>>25673631
Dogs good m8 its got stab tackle and early bite for flinch
>>
>>25673870
Power Duck.
>>
>>25673870
ToiletDuck
>>
>>25673892
Doggy also gets access to Work Up.
Doggy is beast in early game.
>>
>>25673890
Check /vg/'s hacking thread. I've seen them posted there a few times. I'm on my phone so can't do it at the moment.
>>
>>25673870
Blueberry.
>>25673892
>>25673925
Well, doge is good.

Now if only Clay's Excadrill was just one level higher, then I could try to sic the doge at him.

Unfortunately, it is Level 31, and neither starter nor the doge can fully evolve by this point. ;_;

Let's hope I get a good catch by that point or something.
>>
God trying to get early route catches leveled up when all they have is tackle is such a pain in the ass.
>>
Why is ORAS so boring to Nuzlocke?
>>
>>25673992
7.8/10 too much water.
>>
>>25673960
>cuck cheren opens the battle with his starter
Fuck, I forgot about that.

Well, at least my doge stole his snek's oran berry. Good doge!
>>
>>25673992
Too much water and boring catch variety for the first half, same as Emerald.

But then ORAS takes it a step farther by making it incredibly easy.
>>
File: Update 4.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Update 4.png
2 MB, 1600x900
after a week-long hiatus we're finally back and beat elesa with no casualties! Didn't even have to use krookodile/archeops/duosion. Would've been easier if emboar didn't get paralyzed by static, but we handled it fine nonetheless. Wasted my sitrus berry on golem though.
And now we're off to driftveil. I'm looking to get rid of krookodile (too much water weakness), Cece, and maybe Golem with our next catches, but it's good that I'll likely have a lot of reserves before clay unless something terrible happens.
>>
File: shit saitama.png (216 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
shit saitama.png
216 KB, 600x338
>>25674043
>mfw grinding for the not shadow trio

My team is 11/11/11/9.

Their mons are 12 and 14.

Early level curve sucks so much.
>>
>>25674191
the worst part is audino doesn't show up until after you get your first badge
>>
>>25674224
>implying this isn't what I am suggesting
Lack of Audino is literally the only reason level curve sucks so much right now.
>>
>>25674147
what do you use when making your template I might make one for my next run if I decide to not be a lazy shit
>>
>>25674237
Doge finds Hyper Potion and it ends up saving it from dying to Cilan's Work Up (+1 crit bite hurts)

Doge, are you some kind of psychic?
>>
File: cilan is dead.png (8 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
cilan is dead.png
8 KB, 256x384
>>25674462
how do I name again.

This is what happens when you shuffle between threads.

Also, I might go sleep in half an hour.
>>
File: THEDAYHASCOME.png (65 KB, 385x375) Image search: [Google]
THEDAYHASCOME.png
65 KB, 385x375
>>25672731
MOTHER OF GOD
Anon, you must have given me a bit of your luck!

I've played countless hours of Pokémon since Gen 1. COUNTLESS.
I've NEVER encountered a shiny. NEVER
I was only farming Leftovers off Munchlax on Route 5.

Ok, better not fuck it up now. You guys can name it. It looks cool as fuck, too
>>
File: layout.png (12 KB, 180x530) Image search: [Google]
layout.png
12 KB, 180x530
>>25674438
I use paint.net and just pick a wallpaper-size image for the background, add some translucent boxes over it, and then outline them in whatever color and blur it to make a glow effect. for the badges I copy/paste them onto another layer and lower the lightness and then delete them as a go so you can only see the real badge on the layer beneath it. I could make a .pdn (idk if I can save as a photoshop file, but maybe that too) of a really blank one so you can add whatever background you like and switch the colors around a bit. But this is pretty much how I have the layers set up before I condense shit (normally condense everything besides badges/shadows/pokemon/pokemon text
>>
File: GameOfLockes.jpg (295 KB, 2232x784) Image search: [Google]
GameOfLockes.jpg
295 KB, 2232x784
So, because I'm silly and forgot what Brawly's levels were, two enduring 'Mons are boxed until he's beaten because of personal rules. This is one of the more interesting parties I've fielded, though. Gregor may stay since beating Brawly bumps my party up by one, but I'll see what happens.

Let's do this thing.
>>
>>25674509

call it Trump

dubs confirm
>>
>>25674509

Nidoking's shiny is GOAT too, better than it's regular palette. Congrats my man.
>>
>>25674509
I've found...
5 shinies?

A Magikarp. In Lake of Rage. In G2.

Spinda in Ruby, as well as Bellsprout, Ledyba and Hoppip in LeafGreen.

There's also that Seaking in Safari Zone, but we don't talk about that cowardly mothercucker..

Okay, I need sleep. Bye.
>>
>>25674509
Also, call it Frontline
>>
All right faggots, starting my first nuzlocke right now. Going to go with blaze black 2. Wish me luck!
>>
>>25674549
>Magikarp
>Lake of Rage
kek
>>
File: Trump.png (117 KB, 385x544) Image search: [Google]
Trump.png
117 KB, 385x544
>>25674535
Welp, dubs don't confirm but you were first.
I don't even care, I'm just happy. And it's gonna have Sheer Force, just like my Nidoqueen, perfect.
I had honestly abandoned the idea of ever getting a shiny tbqh
>>
>>25674509
Fucking congrats, RNG Jesus incarnation in my game is spreading. She died for our sins, and brought the grace of shinies to the world.
>>
File: donald-kun.png (1 MB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
donald-kun.png
1 MB, 1200x750
>>25674712

You won't regret this anon. Praise the God Emperor
>>
>>25674767
>>25674797
It could have a been a shitty Pokémon too, or one with a shitty shiny. But no, I get a motherfucking Nidoking, one of my faves and it has Sheer force. I couldn't ask for more, really
>>
File: 1458513050386.gif (1021 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
1458513050386.gif
1021 KB, 400x287
>>25666960
>mfw i've never had a problem downloading hacks and torrents
>>
>>25674814
You just keep that baby safe

Jesus fuck those stats though, it has stats like a fucking Lvl 5 starter pokemon. Get it on a drip of EVs?
>>
>>25674849
Those are his IVs
>>
>>25674864
Oh, fuck. What games have that feature, I didn't know you could see that stuff?
>>
>>25674837
I wanna see a randomized fighting monotype wrestler themed naming nuzlocke
If someone can't indulge me, I'll make it my next run if I fail again.
>>
>>25674881
I'm playing Blaze Black so I just use the AR code to check IVs/EVs. Just out of curiosity, you know, it's not gonna stop me from using a specific Pokémon but it's always nice to know
>>
I'm thinking of making some new templates for the OP, what would you like to see in a template?
>>
https://discord.gg/0tiGEhyiWYxrI9NL

Reminder to join the nuzgen discord :^)
>>
>>25674894
Ah right, I've never played any hacked versions or anything like that.
>>
File: Cheren team VW2.png (7 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Cheren team VW2.png
7 KB, 256x384
Just beat Cheren. Senorita died to a Riolu's Counter while grinding, and Blueducky the shiny Psyduck is on reserve in the box.
>>
>>25674916
I'll get in on that shit when I'm home.

>tfw nuzlocking has become the perfect way to procrastinate
>>
Nuzzing yellow, just almost lost pikachu to a crit fury attack combo on nugget bridge

These old mechanics are gonna be the death of me, no losses yet but fucking wrap keeps scaring me
>>
>>25673116
Time for cuck

livestream.com/thejollyflyingman13
>>
>>25675501
>all that shit to sign up
why not just use twitch
>>
>>25666960
What are the changes to cuck emerald? Was it made here?
>>
File: PokemonVoltWhiteFull__16518.png (9 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
PokemonVoltWhiteFull__16518.png
9 KB, 256x384
after lenora. fuck you retaliate. god damn
>>
>lose Starly and Bidoof to crits while trying to get them up from level 2

20 minutes down the drain. Kind of killing my motivation to continue with Platinum.
>>
Anyone know how hard a blind Sacred Gold run will be? I'm gonna do it anyway no matter what the answer is, but I'd like to know. No healing items, SET battle style as well.
>>
File: PokemonVoltWhiteFull__20489.png (8 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
PokemonVoltWhiteFull__20489.png
8 KB, 256x384
>>25675762
welp i got fucked by a trainer
>>25675989
you'll get fucked
>>
File: squad.jpg (41 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
squad.jpg
41 KB, 256x384
lost my monferno and roselia on crits grinding for fantina, vespiqueen better fuck shit up
>>
>>25676009
Great. All right, so after doing some research, this guy Dray's hacks are brutally difficult. I'm gonna allow healing in battle and have a SHIFT battle style instead. Maybe I'll have a chance?
>>
>>25676289
of course. everyone has a chance. im just shit at pokemon. i havent played comp pokemon in like a year and a half and i've never beaten a dray hack. all i do is spam speed toggle on desmume and spam the same attack over and over.
>>
File: Roxie team VW2.png (9 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
Roxie team VW2.png
9 KB, 256x384
Top Quack died when I went back to fight Roxanne, oh well. Current team after beating Roxie.

Unless something changes soon, Elesa is going to suck.
>>
>>25676720
Whoa, you are really blazing this run
>>
>>25675887
I just killed my Route 204 catch with a critical. So now I'm running with just my starter.

This nuzlocke is off to a horrible start. Feels even worse coming off the rough HG loss last night...
>>
>>25669386
>>25669386

try using bulkier pokemon dummy.
>>
>>25677247
How did the HG run go?

I called it a night on my end literally because my index finger started to hurt from too much grinding.
>>
>>25676736
That pun doesn't work silly he's playing Volt White not Blaze Black
>>
>>25677330
I know, but I'm also not the best Carlos
C.I.T. (Carlos In Training)
>>
Killed a Roggenrolla with a crit, but caught a Tympole in my White run. Lost no one to N or Lenora, though nearly lost my Herdier to Take Down. Second gym in a row he's survived with 4 HP against his opponent.
>>
>>25677247
And Barry just wiped me out since all I had was a starter and didn't expect a rival fight so soon. My first time playing Platinum ends early. Maybe I should play it normal once first...

Think I might just try to nuzlocke Black blind next, and if - or rather when - it ends just play through Platinum and both Black games normal for the story and to experience them once before trying to nuzlocke an unfamiliar game again.

>>25677294
See >>25670723
>>
>>25677503
Fuck that is rough

I just finished my first ever Nuzlocke Run that ended successfully, on Emerald, I'd only played Ruby once. I feel like Nuzlocke is definitely best for when you know a game to death.
>>
>>25677851
Yeah. I skipped a few gens and didn't get back into Pokemon until XY. Even then I didn't play a ton because it felt too easy.

Decided to just play Black normal, then I'll probably do Black 2 and Platinum normal before trying to nuzlocke them. If I need a change of pace though I'll probably start and XY or ORAS nuzlocke.
>>
>>25677919
It sounds like you are basically me. I went from the first gen up until Silver, then didn't play a game on release til X/Y.

Still haven't played D/P or B/W yet.
>>
has anyone here played Insurgence? Is it long enough to actually nuzlocke or is it fairly short and not worth the effort?
>>
>>25678049
it's really fucking long and not worth to nuzlocke. it's super long and only on like the 5th gym or so iirc. play it for fun
>>
>>25666960
Found this thread just in time. About to start a Black Nuzlocke, first one in years. Rolling to see what starter to pick.
1-3 wotter
4-6 bbq pig
7-9 sneaky snivy
0 first reply to this picks it
>>
What's the list of changes in Cuck Emerald?
>>
>>25678966
100% more cuck
>>
File: toast.png (32 KB, 1052x396) Image search: [Google]
toast.png
32 KB, 1052x396
Time for a nuz of storm silver
what to name first pokem
>>
>>25675989
Use healing items, man. It's impossible to finish a nuzlocke of Dray's hacks with this rule.
SET is ok though
>>
File: crystal nuzzlocke recap.png (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
crystal nuzzlocke recap.png
186 KB, 1920x1080
Just began a Nuzlocke on Crystal. I'm about to enter the Sprout Tower.
>>
File: Romero.jpg (27 KB, 318x292) Image search: [Google]
Romero.jpg
27 KB, 318x292
>>25681409
My run just got better. Welcome to Romero.
>>
>That feel when you love nuzlockes
>RL friends like Pokemon so tell them about nuzlockes
>Only one seems interested.
>Start Nuzlocking Platinum together.
>He blacks out to SKuntank after 2nd gym and says that nuzlocking is stupid

I just want to meet people that I can talk to about this stupid shit without getting bored after two hours.
>>
File: crystal nuzzlocke recap.png (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>25681409
Lars Von T is dead. I got the first Badge and the Egg.
>>
>>25681508
feel you man. None of my friend knows about Nuzlocke.
>>
>>25681508
W-wanna hang out anon?
>>
Why isn't cuck in the OP? What are the changes?
>>
File: Alejandro evo.jpg (33 KB, 636x294) Image search: [Google]
Alejandro evo.jpg
33 KB, 636x294
>>25681409 Everytime the evos get me.
>>
Is there a firered hack with gen 4 - 5 pokemon?
>>
>>25682012
yet another fire red hack
>>
Starting a new nuzlocke because I am bad and keep killing everything.
1-3 for grass starter
4-6 for fire starter
7-9 for water starter
0 for anons to choose
>>
>>25682171
Which game anon?
2: grass edition
>>
>>25682217
Jacques the Chespin
>>
>>25682272
Post Pic
>>
File: Ouch! seconda sfida con Bay.jpg (52 KB, 322x340) Image search: [Google]
Ouch! seconda sfida con Bay.jpg
52 KB, 322x340
>>25681409
I got rekt by rival Silver after Azalea
>>
File: crystal nuzzlocke recap.png (457 KB, 2066x1162) Image search: [Google]
457 KB, 2066x1162
>>25682356
>>25681409
Current status
>>
>>25682349
>Crit killed Pidgey
>Crit killed Scatterbug
>Crit killed Burmy
>Crit killed Azurill

Anyways, Viola killed my Chespin and ended its reign of terror.
>>
is the pokemon goldred hackroom finished?
>>
File: choice.png (6 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
choice.png
6 KB, 240x160
>can only catch first pokemon I see on a route
>pokemon can't overlap in type
>must release or permabox pokemon whenever they faint
Starting my first nuzlocke, this will be interesting, to say the least. I'm playing firered, who should I start with? I can choose from Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle.
>>
>>25682761
Squirtle
>>
>>25682761
Honestly I think it's fair to add the "repeats don't count as your one shot" rule but some people would disagree.

Also you should roll for your starter.
>>
File: squirtleget.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
squirtleget.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682768
got squirtle, what should we call this girl?
>>
>>25682780
MockTurtle
>>
File: mockturtle.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
mockturtle.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682779
thanks for the advice, I'll roll for it in the future. Also, I'll add that rule since it makes sense.
>>25682784
MockTurtle it is.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>25682790
Fuck year Gene Wilder Waifu
>>
>>25682790
Some people add that you only get a certain amount of "second chances" by seeing duplicate pokemon, but it's up to you, depends on how good you are at Pokemon and how hard you want to make it.

Pretty much everyone agrees if you see a shiny you get to catch it though.
>>
File: rattata.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
rattata.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682805
kek
>>25682819
Makes sense.
Apparently the game wants me to have female pokemon. What's this lil fella's name?
>>
>>25682829
Sheamus
>>
File: thebeginning.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
thebeginning.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682849
Sheamus it is. Here's the first two, only time will tell who comes next.
>>
File: CEIE6dfUEAAAY6S[1].jpg (46 KB, 864x472) Image search: [Google]
CEIE6dfUEAAAY6S[1].jpg
46 KB, 864x472
>>25682849
But she isn't a FELLA
>>
File: birb.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
birb.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682885
my bad.
Route 2 has given me a birb. What is the birb's name?
>>
>>25682901
BigCass
>>
>>25682920
BigCass is ready to rock.
>>
>>25682930
And you can't teach that.
>>
File: bigcass.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
bigcass.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682930
>>25682901
forgot image
>>
File: WVW69jBs0Tsm9MzRnv.jpg (90 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jBs0Tsm9MzRnv.jpg
90 KB, 400x240
So I discovered this thread on the tail-end of my Yellow Nuzlocke.

I've had this Wigglytuff since it was Lv3. and it beat all of Blaine's pokemon 10 levels under par. I'm actually surprised the Fire-Type leader didn't just spam Flamethrower constantly, since I had a barrier up.

nevermind the fact that when his Arcanine would use Fire Blast, it took Mio down to 20HP from Max...then missed every other time.

technically, it wasn't a straight-up-solo, since I had to switch to my Hypno to reset her Defense...since she was hit by Tail-Whip four times before Rapidash came out. I had Rai put the horse to sleep so I could set up again, and...well...Mio did the rest of the work.

still. I'm rather proud of this Victory.
>>
>>25682949
Nice.

That reminds me of, back when I was a little kid, my team healer Chansey called Nursey single handedly saved my team against my rival, killing his Alakazam by herself. Ever since then Chansey has been one of my favourite pokemon.
>>
>>25682962
Chanseys are BOSS in Gen 1. that special stat makes them not only super tanky, but hit like a ton of anvils. and in such a special-oriented game, it's utterly perfect.

shame I haven't gotten one...
>>
File: metapod.png (2 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
metapod.png
2 KB, 240x160
>>25682949
congrats!
>>25682941
Next catch is a Metapod. Once it becomes a Butterfree I'll have to box it because of the overlapping flying type. For now, we'll keep him on the team. What's his name?
>>
>>25682972
A boi? Got to be Enzo to pal up with Big Cass
>>
>>25682969
10 year old me didn't know what the fuck the special stat even did. I thought it was something to do with status effects.
>>
File: enzo.png (4 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
enzo.png
4 KB, 240x160
>>25682979
Enzo is in the house.
>>
File: genga.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
genga.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>25672278
>mfw fg567a's first pokemon died in the starting battle
WELL FUCK, restart time. Rolling female with oshawott (as I just failed a run with both the other 2)
>>
File: 22459_X2Yjin3.gif (2 MB, 358x202) Image search: [Google]
22459_X2Yjin3.gif
2 MB, 358x202
>>25682987
>>
>>25682992
Name it Revolver O. short for Revolver Oshawott (Revolver Oshawott)
>>
>>25674643
but did you died? romhacks for first nuzlockes usually end badly
>>
>get excited that blitzle is my first encounter in an area
>send it into battle for the first time
>suddenly reminded that Blitzles are made of glass

Every time. I've never had a blitzle survive very long in a Nuzlocke.
>>
File: WVW69jBs7jkUHYIDxk.jpg (29 KB, 267x240) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jBs7jkUHYIDxk.jpg
29 KB, 267x240
with some copy-pasta, gave my Party list more distinguishable icons.

Here's what I got for Gym 7. I've only done serious grinding when I lost a teammate and needed to grind.

also, I have a Dratini in my box...how do I go about grinding something so low-leveled without fear of getting it killed?
>>
>>25683002
will do once I get my game (if I get a male) otherwise what should it be?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 107

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.